Speaker 1: Flame Flame.
Speaker 2: If you watch your coffee time the baby you know the name Flame my bro also known as my Roe Flame.
Speaker 1: Come in with last and come in with Jim love Loundes.
Speaker 2: Baby, you better catch it when you can drop a knowledge from fatherhood to politics.
Speaker 1: Shouting now comics, just paying homage. What's up? Tips?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 2: She raised shot towns on speaking to the grown a second.
Speaker 1: We're gonna laugh, come him and kick it in.
Speaker 2: At the end we leave it with just a lift you spirits spec you want to revisit so your first second listen, young folks are your slip oh folks that we dig it?
Speaker 1: Hey, no this do what you do? No this, do what you do?
Speaker 4: Can no do what I do? No this? Hey Hey, this is comedian slim Bro and welcome to this week's episode of Laugh and Learn. Well we are here to give it to you on the political aspect, the life aspect, the Hodgepodge entertainment aspect, my aspect, and my lovely co host, the one and only took Miss I can't, I just can't. The lady Bobby Clifford. Hello Bobby Clifford, Oh my god, I'm glad to have you. First of all, Babby. I want to thank you for being here hanging out with me this like this whole season, and I get such positive love. They said they love us together. I said, I can't. I just can't.
Speaker 1: We're like, we're like the Ing and Yang or the Ebony and Ivory podcast.
Speaker 4: I do like that. How about Ivy Ivory and you can be the Ebony Ooh, Oh, I don't know.
Speaker 1: You might have to give me a few tips.
Speaker 4: Oh, I gotta tip, all right, I gotta tip, all right, Bobby, I miss you. It's it's just what happened this week. Oh. I had a great show Monday, but I had to cut out early because I had another engage. And then what else happened this week? Oh? And I said the Earthquake show last week, and it came out yesterday on Quake on Kevin Hart's radio station. I think it's serious fifty four and I have not heard it, but I'm telling you, I encouraged my listeners not to listen to it because we clown so bad. Oh my god, I'm almost embarrassed how much I cut up on that. It was the best time with Earthquake. Who's my friend? My co host Memphis Will every Monday at the Free Voice Day at the Hollywood Laugh Factory. Omar Jay Dorsey who played Hollywood on Queen Sugar and I can't think of the other two comics names, but oh my god, we clown so bad. Oh, I'm almost embarrassed. And to say I had too much fun.
Speaker 1: But I don't think so. I don't think so. What was the subject matter? Were you just goofing around any topic? Right?
Speaker 4: So Earthquake would throw questions at us and ask us all of our answers and boog and it's just it's a good time. I would say it's good, clean fun, but there was nothing clean about this fun. Y'all cut up. Oh my god, it was so much fun. It was such a good life. Thank you Earthquake, to all the crew for having me on that we can say, y'all get a chance, y'all go and listen to it. It's on Heartbeat Video on Series Ratio, which is Kevin Hart's station. I think that's fifty four. I believe that.
Speaker 1: I wonder if it's on YouTube, because I'm gonna teak on YouTube too, because I'd like to see if there if they filmed it. I always loved that. I love to see people's mannerisms and all that stuff.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I think they did film about me. I think it's a possibility that it is on YouTube. What else happened this week? Oh? I found out that my my driver's license was suspended, not suspended, expired. Make sure you get the wor differ different, very big difference. And the only reason I found that out because I had went to an establishment and you had to show your ID and they would let me in because of.
Speaker 1: My idea, you did they card you?
Speaker 4: They card everybody, so let me get awady like it was a place that you couldn't get in without an I D. So yeah, everybody got caughted. I love when they asked me for ID. Girl, you should see me rushing to my person to find the ID. But I didn't know that I had to go to the d MV to you know, get my license, because it takes about a week or so for your license to come in to mail here when you have to renew it or you know, update it. And so by what I learned there was this country sucks. Let me just say that we do not look out for I've had a bad military experience with the DMV. Now I've had this experience at the at the dm I'm sure it's not the DMVA. At the VA, which is the Veterans Administration. Again yesterday, I had this experience. So I had to renew your thing. You had to stand in the line first of all, and then they give you a thing to go and register at the computer before they give you a number to sit down. There was a man there. He was eighty four years old. I only know that because I typed in his information. He was born in nineteen thirty nine. I only know that because The Wizard of Os was made in nineteen thirty nine, if y'all know, y'all know that is my favorite movie. And he was I think, but no, he was a Caucasian man, but his girlfriend or wife was foreign and they were older, and he was shaky, old with the cane shaking and everything. But he was sitting at the computer. Nobody helped him. They just so heavy go type because in order to go to the next step you had to log in on the computer and put all your information. And he says, well, I'm old, older man, I don't know how to use the computer. So I went and did. Man, it took all the four minutes, and I was like, excuse me, sir, yo man, I'll sit here and help you. So I sat there and helped him and we put all the information in. He cracked jokes with me and woo woo woo, and we just talked a little bit. And I'm thinking to myself, they should have people here to assist the elderly or the impair too, because these teenagers sit on the damn computer all day anyway, Why did I let them make money and help people to do this? And the old man was so cute because he slid a twenty in my purse. I was like, oh, I don't need your money. I didn't do it for the money, although I did go to Chick fil A out that twenty, let me just tell you. But I just it really made me look at America like, oh my god, we all these out of work teenagers during the summer when in high school. They need some of job hired to a day, you know, two or three days a week to help these people. We just we are so disregarding to the elderly and to the mentally ill here, to the veterans who fought to keep this country safe, and to the people that are mentally challenged. Oh my god, it's a mess body. And I just thought and had I not experienced that, I probably would have never thought about it.
Speaker 1: Now I think, I think you're exactly right. I would love to see I'd love to see them have jobs. But I also think we don't teach We've talked about this before. We don't teach our kids to do service, you know, the acts of service any longer it used to be people to go into the Peace Corps or a military. You know, that was one of the things you just mentioned, that you'd be a candy striper. You do things just to help. Sometimes it looked good on in today's day and age. It would look good on a college application if you couldn't get a job and maybe only just a couple hours a week. But you're right, Think of what that eating room would have looked like if these people were able to just fly right through and get to the next step and blind people like, who's happened to blind people?
Speaker 4: Right? It was and to me, and I'm not bashing the DMV, but they were so disregarding and the workers that I experienced. I'm not going to say all the workers, but the workers that I experienced that I watched were so unkind. That's the word I'm going to say, was so unkind. For no reason. You behind a damn glass move it, don't even pay costs nothing to be pleasant. It's your job. If you didn't want the job, they found something else to do. But they were so cut and dry and unpleasant. It was. It was disheartening to me. And they were I'm sorry to say that they were. They both were black, and I was like, oh my god, this don't even make no damn sense.
Speaker 1: Has yet, has nothing to do with it. It's just people certains.
Speaker 4: No, no, no body. I have experienced horrible service since the pandemic, everywhere, every travel the service that has not been the same since before the pandemic.
Speaker 1: And it wasn't great before. Either might have been a little bit better, but it wasn't. You don't do customer service. It's it's yeah.
Speaker 4: I hate AI for that reason. I don't. I don't do stuff checkout, I don't work there. I don't like a I don't I like having a personal good morning. How was your day. If you worked in the grocery store, you were a check or barbie, they would fire you. Your lands would be ten feet long.
Speaker 1: And no, they would I go. I went too so talking about Chick fil A, I go to Chick fil A all the time. It's remote learning, I mean remote work. Excuse me, I told you I kind of like glom onto the people. They're my staff and my people that I am able to see through the day. My cousin came with me because we had a death in the family and it was actually just right across from where my aunt had just passed, and he said, my god, you're like President Obama in hand when you come in. I'm like, because I'm here every day. But yeah, I never I never met a stranger, so you're right. I probably wouldn't be good at But I like I like a little bit. I like a little touch, I like a little hello. I like a smile. Uh. And it doesn't take a whole lot. I don't need a lot of it, because I also don't need to know your your life story, because I tend to I have like some sort of flipping magnet for those people.
Speaker 4: But but IBB, for the record, you're one of those people.
Speaker 1: Just I don't like I like a little something.
Speaker 4: I do like a little something. I just wish that our culture here was a little more like the agents. The agents really look at their elderly, like the wives, and they look out for them. I don't know what we're going through here, but that absolutely listen, we're going down that rabbit hole. Let's continue to go, Bobby. So in Georgia, a very young couple him had experienced a horrible tragedy, uh doing childbirth. Apparently. Oh, they're still trying to figure out to all the kinks to this story that the baby was decapitated doing childbirth, So they don't we don't know who's their fault to blame, but they have a lawsuit against the hospital and the doctor and everything. But we're waiting for the story to unfold anyway from here at Laugh and Learn right myself personally, Bobby Clifford, everybody produces, we are sending love and condoless and hoogs to that family because that is. It's one thing to lose a child, especially at childbirth, but the way to lose that child is the whole awesome It is it is, I'm telling you that is, and they're young, so it's right.
Speaker 1: The only and I feel like I'm one of those old people you know when people say, oh my god, she's so her face is so pretty, but she's so whatever. But they're young, I'm gonna say it's they're young. I hope they have more kids. I'm hope it's not like, thank god, they're not forty five and this was their one and only chance. But it sounds like we're gonna have to wait for the autopsy. But it sounds like something want to wry just during the you know, a complication during the pregnancy, and they were trying to get the baby out and so we'll see if they were negligent or not. But what a catastrophe for the poor young parents.
Speaker 4: Just planting Yeah, you just planted a seat in my head though, So you know what kind of fear as the mother and the father I don't have of having another baby right, not necessarily even at that hospital. But who's assisted me to come out? I would probably have to get in the bath, tell me get a midwife, and just I got yeah, don't touch it, let me just do all the pushing.
Speaker 1: Something or I might be saying I want a cesarean. I don't want to ever take a chance that the shoulder gets caught in the canal again, let's just schedule a cesarean, so then I know this little one's going to get out. I don't know if we even get any of those choices, but at twenty it's what a catastrophic, catastrophic thing to happen.
Speaker 4: And the poor little baby, the poor baby, God get the baby. Prayers to the family, prayers are all involved, even prayers to the doctor, because it could have been human era, could have been human era. So because I'm sure that they have a conscious and they are going through something, oh.
Speaker 1: Thank god, I can't even be terrified to have another another delivery. I don't think that's something that you get over either, to be quite honest with you. But stuff we can't get over. What do you think about that, Megan thee Stallion.
Speaker 4: I think Megan got pictures hanging The men in prison got pictures of Megan hanging up on their walls. And if they can't get to Megan, they're gonna get what was close to Megan. And he's on his way for ten years. Everybody is looking at that story and looking at that story in a different way, and everybody's saying what they he shouldn't have did this and would it and I'm just gonna stay it like this from what I have seen from when this story first unfolded from Megan's side, because I'm not I didn't take size on this at all anyway. I had no dog in this race. She always tried to protect him from not wanting to press charges to Even when the story first broke, she did not blame him or fault him. He took to social media to make her look bad, even while she was defending him, knowing that he had shot her. I saw love from her side. I saw narcissists from his side.
Speaker 1: You wouldn't. I mean, she wouldn't have had a choice. It doesn't make a difference if she wasn't going to if she wasn't going to press charges. It's a gunshot wound. There a hospital where she had to go. They're mandatory reporters. They found bullet fragments in the foot, and so it's automatically reported. There is no choice. He seems, you know, I didn't know a lot about this. I remember it sort of happening, like the names and stuff, but it didn't have a lot of the detail. But it doesn't He's he's unapologetic, which is just sort of strange to me. And he you know, he's got crimes that he committed. He had a thought with a semi automatic firearm. He was carrying a loaded, unregistered firearm while in a vehicle and discharging a firearm with gross negligence. And he's he's innocent.
Speaker 4: And no matter what, no matter how you package it, boxed it. He was drunk, he was he was under the influence whatever you say. Listen, a gun has no name, or a bullet has no name, of right. It could have ricocheted off of a building and went into somebody's apartment and hit a kid. It could have it could have ricocheted and hit her in her uterus or in her gut or something, her face, you know, her throat was making some money for singing, so that I don't think that they were too lean. And I think, and I think like exactly what you say it from what he had shown us, he didn't have much remorse. He didn't show any He showed no remorse. He felt like I was invincible, and the court reminded him that you are not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no it is. You've got to be because it might not have been her foot if he was just up as you said it just the gon just pointed out a little bit could have been right through her head. So I think the people who it's like the whole thing with Trump, I think what gets him in trouble with all these indictments is that he's unapologetic that nothing is ever his fault. And if he just said, for instance, even with the documents, right, he just said, like Pence and Biden and anybody else, oh here, sorry in Hillary Clinton, here you go. I didn't even realize they were in there. Send your people in to make sure that I'm clean and I don't have anything out. If he just did that, we wouldn't even be even having talking about that conversation about that indictment. And so I think he's the same. Had he just said, I'm sorry, I was impaired, I had no right to have the gun in the car, blah blah blah. But no, he just hit him saying I'm not going to apologize. I think that bit him in the bottom.
Speaker 4: The arrogance of him also got him. Since the state prison, because he is a celebrity, state prison will not be the same as Club may et c Prison. It will not be the same.
Speaker 1: No, I got to tell you, I know he's a celebrity. I never heard of him flame, So I was.
Speaker 4: Feeling Bobby Cliff, don't feel bad. Guess what mem.
Speaker 1: Oh megan a stallion? God, I'm like, who's it?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I was, but I didn't know who he was. And allegedly that is what the argument transpired about them arguing over their damn career. That's why it's so catchy jaging somebody in your profession, especially when you feel like you're in a competition with them. Now, we don't know that story to be true, but that's the one of the stories that I was blinked that they were arguing over who was the most famous, that the most I'm like, are you serious?
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I can't. I don't get I don't think that's what a relationship is supposed to be about. You're supposed to elevate and support each other and be happy that the other one is moving forward and kind of push them. So, I mean, she still has nerve damage on her foot. She can't feel the back of her foot, so, which you know, if you're on heels and stuff, you know that that can be dangerous. You know, you sort of need your you need your feet underneath you. She's awfully young to have that happen. But I this first on that guild King interview last year. It was last year or the year before, and I thought she was kind of brave. She she seemed I don't know if there was a lot of domestic abuse or just verbal abuse in the house, but it seemed like she was alluding to you know, she didn't want to report him either, is because she was just nervous that that would lead to something else. It's like when any of these poor domestic abuse victims, they try to keep their mouth shut because the beating that they're going to take when they get home from jail is going to be worse than what happened to them that night. So I hope that that's not her situation. I hope he learned something in jail. I don't know if he will claim there's they're appealing it, so we'll see. We'll see what actually happens.
Speaker 4: And I think he's actually a Canadian residence, so we will see how this plays out. But I'm not I'm not. I wasn't for or against him getting any any time, but I'm not giving him a pass on this because that's still a woman. About two feet shorter than her, but she's still a woman.
Speaker 1: And you shouldn't be doing it period. I mean, he really could have hurt. Somebody got hurt at a party. You know, this was supposed to be a kind of a fun event.
Speaker 4: Right, whatever they can I just say this, whatever they was drinking, I'll never want that. I don't want that.
Speaker 1: Can you believe we're a day one hundred and two of the SAG and writers strike. It seems kind of crazy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but they went to the table today. So allegedly the SAG has sent the proposal to the writer. So we'll see. Because this is we're losing a lot of revenue here, but thank you Taylor Swift for all the revenue that you brought here. We talked about that. But people are people are having a really hard time here, Bobby.
Speaker 1: I mean you would. I mean, that's what makes the world go around, especially in your area. For for sure, in California, I can't even imagine just the craft service people. If there's no no service to give, they're not getting paid.
Speaker 4: So those people, the people that do the laundry and all that. I'm so glad that I don't try to live above my means. I mean, it gets tight, but I don't try to because it's too hard to try to keep up and keep up.
Speaker 1: Well, you can't. I don't think, especially in your area, that unless you were at the very top. I mean, I don't even know who that would be, because you can always be taken down. I mean, look at look at Billy Porter. And now Billy's also going through I'm sure contentious divorce. So I think that's financially he's probably hitting him a little bit too. But you know, he's saying he has to sell the house and whatnot, and they're one hundred and two, that's only a few months out. They tell us to keep what six months of your bills in the bank and a year. Really that's what Susie orman one should have. But that's he's somebody that's he's in a great position with a great platform, and even he is being affected by this. So and he's sort of versatile. He could he can go stage, he can go TV, he could go movie. He's you know, he's lucky.
Speaker 4: I was about to say, Bobby Versta, what you know about that? You laid up?
Speaker 1: But speaking of which is a wonderful segue to what do you think of Wayne Brady? Versatile?
Speaker 4: No, uh, crock pot sexual, No, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, pan sexual. Let me get it right, damn it, well, listen if that's what makes him happy to say, listen. I had to look it up because I didn't even know what it meant.
Speaker 1: But but I didn't either, and I don't know if so, I would have thought that was back in the day, we would have just called that bye, right, so you would take anybody that came. But I think now that we're getting a little bit more descriptive, so it being a trans man or a trans woman would be in that as well. He's not parsing out anybody. He's not just saying man and what you know, absolutely anybody. He said it's bisexual with an open attitude or something to that effect, that which I thought was hysterical. But I mean, God bless him. He's being reported by his daughter and his ex wife. In fact, they have some new reality show and Hulu. His ex wife and partner had a baby and he's considered to be co parenting. He has the baby as well, So I thought they have really come. What if it happened when you broke up with people and you hated their guns. Now you do reality shows. You're helping the baby daddy raise that kid.
Speaker 4: This new generation know how to market that dollar. They know how to make that money with the scandal, and they know that the scandal makes the money the worst. This country reward bad behavior, this world rewards bad So why not. We're doing it for the presidency, so why not doing for TV? It's entertaining. Do you want to watch a show about self help and healing and how to feel better about who you are? Good luck with that. It's a few out here like that. But if it's something where they're fighting and cussing and bf beaching and mfing and sleeping with each other, oh my god, that is That's why Jerry Springer lasted for so many years. Jerry Springer was a very popular show. Let me just be let me just be very honest.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I thought that show was off. I mean it was. It was always it was like you were in the trenches, like the worst of the worst. You know, you'd have a one armed stripper who was having trouble picking up her ones and then she was so that way. But speaking of so, that's another great you're you're just opening them up this time. Speaking of of dysfunction, what do you think about the Alabama melee where the co captain was trying to have the faery come in. I get a lot of mixed feelings with this because I've been trying to watch a lot of the different clips, and I think that again, I've heard you say a million times the pieces that of the initial people that were involved when it was just this, I didn't have as much a problem with that. I didn't like I know, the chair is like a big meme now, but the kid who hit with the chair, I don't know if it's it's the same one. Two of the people he hit were not a threat to him. One was a woman that had already been taken out on the ground, you know, when he could have done real damage to her. And one was just a guy getting off the boat, literally just getting off the boat. Not I think he wanted to get the hell out of there and he got scammed in the head. There was also a woman.
Speaker 4: No, go ahead, I want to ask you a very personal question for our listeners right here on Laughing Learnt, and I want you to be very honest with me. Bobby Clifford. As a white woman, how did that make you feel? And I want you to tell me the raw emotion, because I'm going to tell you how it made me feel as a black person.
Speaker 1: I didn't. I first had trouble filtering it. I was trying to pass out in the beginning because the pieces are so jumbled. I was trying to figure out is this racism or is a privilege? And when I say privilege, the black man take away that he was black, that he let's say he was a white man that was a co captain that told this guy. I was trying to figure out if the guy just didn't like anybody telling him what to do and where to park his boat or or and or was it because he was black? And so I was trying to figure out what because I'm talking about the initial guy when they were just screaming at each other.
Speaker 4: I'm talking about those people with that kid with that man keeping with the chair. Yes, how did that make you feel about it?
Speaker 1: Not good?
Speaker 4: That? Oh?
Speaker 1: Go ahead? I thought that I felt like that the chair hitter, I thought he was racist. I thought the kid who jumped in when the two people were yelling. I still can't tell if that was racist. I can't tell if that guy was just in a hole who didn't want to be told. But the young kid, when the young kid jumped in and hit the black man, he and he threw the hat off. First of all, what the hell did he get invo Nobody invited you don't have to go to. My mother used to say, you don't have to go to every argument that you're invited to. Nobody even invited him. Those two were taking care of it themselves and then get unfolded.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I love I love what you say. I love that you said that you thought the black kid with the chair was racist, because on the on the exact opposite of that, I thought that I thought the situation was a teach racist. But it was more to me exactly what you said. It was privileged, and they looked like they had been inebriated. They looked drunk, right, so that escalates anything. But it was also in Montgomery, Alabama, so it could have definitely could have been racism, and definitely racism as a black person. I love that this is my truth. I love that we were standing up, standing up for ourselves and we were supporting you. But as an American. It said me so much to think that that is which way this fucking country is headed. And that is my other truth. I don't want to see us fighting with each other. I want to see us loving on each other. The scariest part about us having a race war or civil war is that our enemies are waiting on us to be distracted fighting each other so that they can move. And it won't matter what we look like, identify ads, or nationality, We're gonna all be the exact same thing. We're gonna all be dead while we're fighting over fucking race and color. Stud Yeah, and I've seen all the tear memes and everybody making a jokes about it, and you know, I'm the biggest prankster and jokes. I don't know if I found it funny, Bobby, because I just hate when I see the writings on the wall of how it makes us look as Americans.
Speaker 1: No, and I agree with that, and I feel I feel like I don't have enough angles. I think they have twenty different people were filming it, and I know order to make a really educated decision or give a really true opinion on it, I feel like I need to see all of those angles. So a perfect for instance, was in the beginning. So the young kid jumps in, and then you have two more white guys. I don't know if they're young, because all these films are they're blurry, so I can't get a good look at them. I don't know if they were just a bunch of more junk people on people jumping in. And then a woman who has a mint green cover up gets in and what she was doing so far, I've seen three different angles. She had the kid that initially was the aggressor that hit the black man. First she had him by the hair of the head and she was trying to get him off of the man. Then somebody came in instead of beating the shit out of her, and to excuse my language, everybody but she went. I don't think they realized that she was trying to help. She jumped off the boat. Now it could have been her kid. She could have been screaming at him like what that was right, you know, because that's what I would have been, killing my kid. But she was trying to get him off and drag him, and somebody come inside of punch him one side of her head. Then someone got her from the behind and was punching it from behind, and all she was trying to do was break up the fight.
Speaker 4: And it's funny none of us won with that, because that really shows you where we are hit where we are in America. But it will be interesting to see down the pipelines, how the how the crimes UH dealt with in court because a lot of people, so it's going to be very interesting to see so many people who did some of the same things if they get the same charges. I just want to see that.
Speaker 1: But that's what they're going to have to parse out. So in my opinion, I think that the kid and he seemed young, he seemed like a kid, because I don't think it was he was well thought out, and I don't know he was running on adrenaline adrenaline, I don't know if he was running on alcohol as well. But the kid with the chair, I think is going to do worse out of everybody, because, as I said, these people weren't threats. If they were threats, then he would have something to lean back on, right, he'd say they were coming at me. But that lady in the red cover up, she looked she looks like white, like Alabamas. I don't know what else. Hey, I'm up in the so we just don't look like it because she was loaded. She seemed like she was loaded, and she was, but she was literally down kind of dazed already. And what he really came down on her hand with that chair. And even then the clip of the film, I saw the person who got it.
Speaker 4: Good.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, he's going to jail, you know, because she wasn't if she was coming at him, different story. So I have a feeling he's going to do the worst only because he had like a if you want to call that a weapon, I don't know. If there were other people that had chairs, I don't. I'm still trying to tease it out, and I'm got to be honest, it makes me sick to my stomach as I'm doing it, because I don't like violence to begin with. I think I would have liked to have seen the co captain and the initial guy figure out how they were going to resolve back to begin with, because I don't think other than that young kid jumping them, I don't know if we would have had any violence at all if they.
Speaker 4: Just look the screens at each other, whether the boat get an interview or believe it was with Ricky Smiley, and he was very forthcoming. He was very forthcoming, and he said that the the Kokebin, the big black guy had asked him nicely. He kept asking them nicely, and then he just went to move their boat, maybe like four inches or four feet he had to do so they could part, and the guy just came after him. It is, It is very tragic all the way around. We're gonna wait to see what had to unposed, right, I'm telling you, America, we got to stop this while we distracted fighting each other. Y'all know they.
Speaker 1: Waited yet, And you're exactly right. There's too many there's too many other things, and we're talking look at this. We have people who are still in poverty. We have an ex president who's being indicted, and what are we talking about the melee in Alabama? Like we're not even talking about something that that's important. But I think if those two initial people had gone at it, that might have been a punch or two, like some fisticuffs, but there would not have been the literal brawl. And with women getting involved, I know, and I know that sexist to say that, but that even made me more sick seeing the women fighting each other.
Speaker 4: I doubt it was like, Bobby, you are I really?
Speaker 1: Oh god, I can't stand it. That really that really kind of turns my stomach. I thought we have got to be doing better than this. This is absolutely ridiculous.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm telling Bobby, I'm I'm a human. Every emotion came over me as a different nationality, but then as an American. This is tragic for us. This is so sad for us. But we have let somebody speaking the bad and continue to divide us when we're Americans and we keep getting and we want to get American. What is America a melting client? Is then that what they say keep everywhere? Yeah, and how do you think one person dominated if people came from everywhere to make America? Oh my god, it's just okay, let me stop. I'm getting deep. Where we're going, Bobby, where we're going?
Speaker 1: I mean, what we should be talking about, and it's just to mention is when it has me so sad, and I'm sure you as well as things that are important that we should be trying to figure out. What are we gonna do with the poor people in Hawaii? You know, with the hurricane door and the.
Speaker 4: Low Waii on the Bobby, I say, I saw it on the World News earlier, and they has wiped out beautiful neighborhoods right on the ocean. And people always say, well, they got money, it can recover. Insurance don't give you back memories. Insurance don't give you back blankets that your great grandmother made for you and pictures in the Yeah, Oh my god. I thought it was so tragic. And one man was on his Hawaiian guy and he was he looked broken age, you know, Hawaiian Asian guy, and pain is pain. I don't care about no color. I could feel his pain. And he said he lost everything and his neighbors lost everything. Oh my god, it's just it was so tragic, Bobby, that is so sad. It is.
Speaker 1: And you don't get back the landscape. You don't get back the paradise flame. You know, it will take hundreds of years. So how many generations are going to miss what the beauty of Hawaii actually was. I've never been yet. I've been dying to go to Hawaii. It's just something. I'm not a great flyer, so for coming from Boston, it's a huge flight so I was kind of building up my nerve to do it. But you're not going to get that. They had somebody who that was on the news that I thought and it touched me. They were staying at the Marriott and the kids wanted snacks. So he walked down and he was ex military, so he had a little bit of knowledge with smoke and stuff, and he walked down to get the kids snacks and get back to the hotel, he says, and he could see the smoke ish changing color and he said, I better get back. He hasn't seen his family since and it's no communication. He can't get back to where Marriott is and his three kids, wife, mother in law, everybody. He doesn't know if they're alive or if they're dead. And he's talking from his point of view. If they're alive. They don't know if he's alive or dead. He went out with the snacks, right, So, I mean, I just the track. Those are the things we should be talking about. Not so I'm picking up a chair and everybody thinks that's hysterical, because I got to be honest, be a big partty pooper. But I don't think that's funny. I'm laughing over that party.
Speaker 4: And I'm with you by that. I have not I have yet to go to Hawaii, but it's paradise and everybody says, so you're right. You lose all the landscape. And these fires are crazy when you look at it. They're everywhere that's smoking so thick. You have to think about the people who have breathing issues and a lot there's a lot of elderly in Hawaii.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. And even just some of those plants and stuff, I can't even imagine what. Yeah, so that was low commodity mixed with a hurricane, and hurricane is very different. So it carried just a spark, It carried it right up and lit everything up on fire. But you know, there's another tragedy, and we talked about it on coffee time this week and I haven't done a lot of research with it, but what did you think about that little six year olds that brought the gun in? No, no gun safe in the house, no triggers, trigger if I'm on the trigger guard on the on the weapon and shot his I guess now it's his first it's either as kindergotten teacher or his first grade teacher. Isn't that I found that.
Speaker 4: I think I'm more offended. I think I'm more offended. And he said, yeah, I shot that bitch or something like that. They said, and then and then I watched the news and they had the nerve to say that he had a history of bad behavior. I'm like, he's six a history of bad behavior?
Speaker 1: He did the year before. I guess he tried to choke a choke a another student.
Speaker 4: Bobby, here's my question as a teacher or not only the house, as a teacher or administrator, or if you see this, you have to know that something is happening. Y'all should have been investigating what is going on with this kid?
Speaker 1: But they could have. You know, we don't know. Unfortunately, they don't give us that right. So so the news is great at giving us the clock bait and giving us the punchline, right, you know, you know a joke, you've got to build up to it, But they don't give you the whole story. They don't give you the build up. So my guess, if they said there was a history with this kid, I'm sure that something was going on. It's how they knew to get into that house to see if there was a gun safe. Right, we're probably failing them because we just talked about doing service. People also don't want to go into social service. They don't want to go into all these areas that we need to keep, you know, our community safe. People don't like those jobs. Those jobs don't pay a lot, they're not sexy. So you know, I am praying for that kid because it's six year old. If he's like this and he's boasting about shooting the bee and he gotter like it was some sort of thrill, there is something that has to be going in with that household, and I hope it's accountable.
Speaker 4: I think I was more baffled back history. I'm like, kind, he's only six, what kind of history you have? Because you just got out of Pamphus This thing why I'm talking about parents and governing. Yeah, you got a baby, who's watching it, who's raised, who's teaching it, who's showing it? Because apparently this kid, what he has been seeing is you should be my age to witness shit.
Speaker 1: I know. I mean, I'm sure Jeffrey Dahma had had a history, right, but at some point, I don't know, we don't know was a hill on the animals in the neighborhood, you know, like somebody's And then I'm just saying, that's his child. I want anyone to think I'm alluding to that's what's going on with him. But let's make sure it doesn't happen. Let's get him so he doesn't fall to the cracks and explain what was wrong. Is he playing horrible violent video games at six that he shouldn't be touching, And that's where the verbiage is coming from. And you know you can't of have those be your babysitter either. You've got to actually be involved with the kid. Now I'm saying that nice sound judgy. His mother might work three jobs because she's trying to keep the house together, so you know, she's not able to spend as much time. I don't know what it is, but I think.
Speaker 4: Its mother, because we don't know who's right who.
Speaker 1: We don't, but it takes a village, and his village needs to surround him.
Speaker 4: And his village is a little too gangster for me.
Speaker 1: Something right, absolutely, something I'm trying to look here. They had the oh you know what, I want to take a mention back in business, I noted the agenda item the two Tennessee raps that were expelled back in April for protesting gun safety are they both won their seats back. So at Justin Jones twenty seven, I love that these kids are their kids right, and they're actually getting involved. They're doing what we're talking about. They're doing service and giving back to the community. And Justin Pearson, they both want to They.
Speaker 4: Wanted yeah, and they want that seats back unanimously. I also want to touch on Bobby Clifford. I want to thank the FBI publicly for doing the great job this week of taking down the man that was trying to take down our president of the United States with Bill Biden. His name was Craig Robinson. And what the funny part about that is there's a comedian named Craig Robinson who's our free I called him. I said, dude, are you trying to mess up my president? And we laughed. But I'm glad that the FBI took him out. If it sends a warning, a clear warning that this is not what we're having in this country, leave the president alone and just live your life. Thank you FBI for doing what you need to do. I didn't want to hear any more arrested without incident. Thank you for taking him where he needed to go.
Speaker 1: He did. I mean, he was an older just the carelessness and being on social media.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: Here his quote was that he was going to dig out his old gilly suit, clean the dust off the M twenty four sniper sniper sniper God say that ton times fast rifle and welcome the buffoon in chief. You can't put that on social media, sir. So he was the opposite of being.
Speaker 4: On That is what I was saying about Alabama. That is that is so many different people's mindset here in this country. We are so separated. It's so scary.
Speaker 1: It is scary. But they went to serve him with a with a warrant, and I don't know, you know, I don't have a lot of detail about what happened, but I'm thinking, sweet Mary, he must have or he answered the door with a gun and probably said gone and he lifted it instead of put it down. Or well, we'll have more. There'll be more that will that will kind of unfold with that too, but.
Speaker 4: It'll be more from the story. But it won't be no more from his story because he ain't got no more stories to tell.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and was it worth it? I hope if he's up in heaven or if he's down in the other way, was it worth it? Not so much. They have the go o p that that Iowa State Fair and and I think that Ronda Santis was heckled off the stage. He didn't do so well with the Iowa folk.
Speaker 4: I love that. That tickled the hell out of you. Bobby h Well, you know that's that's not that's not his forte. But you know that's you know, that debating and you know Trump is Trump gonna do his thing. But Trump will not sign that beat Joe Biden paper. He won't sign that.
Speaker 3: The beat the BEATU the pledge, the loyalty preedge, which which is it's a commitment, it's a commitment back to the to the to whoever the other Republican nominee will be. So if he doesn't win that he will support and back.
Speaker 1: Which is what we're all supposed to do, right. So, you know we talked about Biden. Biden is an older guy. We didn't necessarily he wasn't necessarily our first choice. I liked him for everything that he could do, but I was a little worried about his age. But but everybody look at Bernie Sanders. He might have he might have been second elemon, but he got behind him and he backed him because he knew that's what we needed, the the we needed a choice other than Trump, and it was really a beat Trump at that point.
Speaker 4: But well he kind of well I don't know why people are surprised that he didn't sign it when he lost. He didn't even concede.
Speaker 1: So that's exactly so you think he's going to support somebody else. You know, he had a comment that you know there are three or four people that he would never even consider having in in the White House. Well, they only have like five candidates, it's to him, So he's not going to support four of them. But you know, he's the only one that's like he's he's like the little kid they stole as marbles. And so he went home.
Speaker 4: I believe that his arrogance will let him allow him to run as president and vice president because that's who he believes he is. And I love to his supporters keep donating to stop to steal as though Joe Biden had been a president for four years. Oh yeah, we're about to overturn it out y'all just keep sending y'all full of money. He needs it, honey, he needs it, He needs it, he needs it. I don't know what he is going to do because these charges keep coming up and it's just keep threatening him not to speak. But the strategic part that I admire about Donald Trump on this is that he keeps taking this narrative to control it his way. He is pushing this train and driving it when we're supposed to be putting him somewhere else. He is pushing the narrative that he wants. That is so savvy.
Speaker 1: To me, that's gangster. I mean, that's what I wish that the Democrats would do that more. Especially need Now. I love you, and I know the way that you'd like to run it, but the people need to hear how well you're doing. And I know you don't want to be a bragger, and President Obama didn't want to be one either. You just like to do the work, keep your head down and keep pushing forward. But right now, the American people they need to hear it. They need to hear that the economy has been better than it has been and X days inflation is on its way down, job growth has never been so much. We have the chip sacked in now. He just recently, I think this week put in some sort of artificial intelligence guidelines are rules on that they don't want work going out to China and they don't work want plans or anything. They want to keep all that work here. They want to restrict investments in Chinese artificial intelligence and instead put those moneies into our own people, training our own people and creating the products ourselves. So I think he's doing it. But let's hear that, you know, because people think he's sitting at home. All everybody talks about is he does nothing but take naps all day. Well, if for taken nap, so imagine if he was awake, Jesus, he'd like the world on ya.
Speaker 4: Well, he needs his nap because the other needed to take a nap because he wasn't. Never talking about shit. But oh wow, wow, Bobby, this has been a very interesting episode, ladies, if you are listening to laugh Aline, this week we have went on the ups and downs. I tell you that as a as a trans person, a black man, a dad, a single dad, two or three, but as an American, I want all of us to win. I'm not anti anything else. I'm not anti white, I'm not anti Asian. Yes, I'm pro black because that's who God made me. And I respect whatever nationality you are, you should be pro that nationality. That doesn't make you anti anything else. And what we have to stop doing is thinking that all persons racist because we don't see color. Unless you blind, you see color. But first, yeah, but do you and do you see that person that we came with. None of us were here but the indigenousy we all came. We all business. When you visited somebody's house, you're supposed to act polite. Were not acting polite, y'all? We not acting polite.
Speaker 1: No, I don't think so either. Ooh, you're gonna I'm not gonna get his name right. I need you to say the name. We always do the deaths of the week, and we had we lost our our slide writer.
Speaker 4: From Chicago, my friend cast A Castle created cast slide. What I knew about Castle. My friend Castle was fifty eight years see battle to two different cans. They had liver cancer and they had uh I think it was Pan created Pan created cancer. It was whatever it was, it was, it was horrible. He was the nicest man by the cliftd. I've been knowing Casterer since nineteen eighty huh and.
Speaker 1: Nursery.
Speaker 4: Yes, and they He used to have shows all over the city in Chicago, look contests one hundred dollars for first prize at clubs called the Malibur and the Surf, and these were clubs that were very trans girls and drag queen and stuff like that. Would just you just wouldn't go because you just knew he was gonna get you. He always made a safe space for us. Even back then we were getting the contest. We became fan favorites. They look forward to us, and they warmed up to us because we allowed it to happen organically. We would go and win and work with him. And it was way before his time. This was eighty nine, eighty eight, so it was a great time. Bobby, Oh my god. He was a very fair man. Prayers to his family, Prayers to Chicago. And he left the legacy. Because maybe everybody do the touchy slide. I heard y'all doing touch us love the other day.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, but I didn't want to. I didn't want us to go and not mention them. And then the other thing I wanted to mention, don't be silly. Was did you hear that? DeSantis? Now you have to have special permission from your parents to be called a nickname.
Speaker 4: Okay, we're not gonna even address that, because here, at last alone, we are not trying to get you to change your man. We are only trying to get you to use your man. Why Bobby, because what?
Speaker 1: Because a mind is a is a terrible thing to waste.
Speaker 4: And if you heard what Bobby just said about Ron, just stas that is a wasted man. Ladies and gentlemen, Oh my god, the Lord is my shepherd. I shall not want he is getting on my nerves. Not the Lord, but the STIs my god, my god. The baffling card though, Bobby is people listen to that? They buying into I don't know where people.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, this is why they're heckling him. Probably. Can you imagine you couldn't call your flame? I couldn't be Bobby. You need to have permission from your mom. Yeah, I kind of even. And That's what I'm talking about instead of issues.
Speaker 4: I think he needs to get permission from his mom. That's the truth, right, we can't call him Ron Ronald od look McDonald, Hey, you can follow by what can we follow you at Bobby Clifford.
Speaker 1: You can follow me at Clifford Bobby on Instagram or Bobby Clifford on Facebook.
Speaker 4: How about you follow me on flameber and everything except for Instagram, It's at Munro Flame. I appreciate you, guys. We want to thank you guys for listening to us here on the Black Apect Network or iHeart Apple, Spotify, Amazon or wherever you listen to your podcast. Keep downloading the episodes and like and sharing with your friends. We hope that you learn something from our page or that you send us some inboxes to teach us something, because that it's what we do. We are organic people, and energy is transferable, just like knowledge is transferrable. And you can teach me because I ain't too old to learn, and I'm damn show gonna teach you a trigger too, because I'm damn show young enough to teach. And with my lovely co host Bobby Cooper here and my partner and my producer Aaron, we have a great time. We hope not to ever offend, but to definitely definitely inspire. Ain't that right? Bobby c Absolutely well, We appreciate you here. Left alone, we would check you guys out. Next week, coming up on the twenty fourth, the one and only Margaret Choe Peace. Don't miss it episode of Laugh and Learn. Listen and subscribe on the Black Effect Podcast Network, iHeartRadio, app or wherever you get your podcasts. Laugh and Learn Podcast is a production of the Black Effect Podcast Network and iHeartRadio. Our objective producer is Tiffany Hattish. Our theme music is by the one and only Chrissy Payne. Thank you guys, this is Flaming Road. Don't forget to laugh. Listen and learn