Speaker 1: Today, we've got another exciting mini episode of Mission Implausible.
Speaker 2: You know, every day when you open up Twitter or you watch the news, it's one after the other. I just just today, I've opened my Twitter and there's from Trump ally Candace Owens. She's now pushing a conspiracy theory that the wife of French President Emmanuel mccron is a man. Like, where does stuff like that come from?
Speaker 1: These things become sort of litmus tests that you know, you gotta believe it or you're not in the club. I mean, not only did she say that mccrone's wife was born a man, but she also said that she was betting her professional career on this. But of course she will.
Speaker 2: Does you have a professional career?
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, I know she's a news commentator, I guess, but she well, she's an entertainer, she's not a journalist. But really, when I read that, it struck me. It's very much like the Birther conspiracy. I'm going to make some outlandish claim assertion, and I don't have the burden of proof, but you have to prove that I'm wrong.
Speaker 2: And I think your willingness to go to those extremes at you into the club that's like her willingness to say this stuff publicly means that she's a warrior for our side. One of the things that the right wing media has picked up on a New York Post in particular, is they take cuts of activities where President Biden's involved, and they cut them cleverly to try to make it look like Biden's walking away or stumbling or not paying attention or The thing that's patently crazy about it is like it's just so clear what they're doing, Like all you got to do is watch the rest of the clip. But obviously I think they're trying to pander to people who aren't really paying attention to politics, so they just see something saying, oh my god, did you see that that President Biden just wandered off like a crazy man? Right, and a certain number of people are going to buy into it.
Speaker 3: RNC Research, which is managed by Donald Trump's campaign, shared a clip which appeared to show President Biden wandering off from other world leaders before the Italian Prime Minister comes over to alert him about a group photo. That moment is also on the front cop of Today's New York Post with the headline Meander in Chief. But these photos and the clip you just saw don't show the full context of what was happening.
Speaker 4: There was another video circulating the New York Post yesterday suggesting that President Biden awkwardly saluted the Prime Minister of Italy. You watched the video. It was less than a second in the middle of a handshake, he puts his hand down like that. And they're funneling that straight into the New York Post, onto Fox News, and apparently even into the Wall Street Journal.
Speaker 1: So Hunter Biden was convicted of gun charges buying a gun while under the influence of being an edictor under the influence of drugs, and found guilty by a jury of his peers. And then there's a Democratic senator who's under investigation for corruption and endes out of New Jersey. And there's another congressman who's also under indictment, a Democratic congressman. And you would think that on the mega side they would say, oh, well, this clearly shows that the Department Justice isn't working. And yet what the claim is is that, ah, this is all part of some grand scheme and that you know, Hunter Biden was thrown under the bus by the Bidens to distract from the fact So there's basically two possibilities. One is the Department of Justice is doing its job and Donald Trump is a felon right, which is straight up what it is that he's guilty. And the other is this is part of some grand conspiracy that involves the Justice Department to go after other Democrats to deflect from Trump.
Speaker 2: You know, we've learned in this podcast why conspiracy theories are so popular because you can always double down. You can always say something is company for something else. Yeah, so you know it's like, oh, Biden's son was found guilty. Ah, that must mean right as a cover for something else. And you can just keep going with that. You're not trying to convince everyone, You're just trying to keep some people on your side.
Speaker 1: I would agree with you, except for January sixth. Now, if you remember January, stick started out with what were the different versions of this? First of all, it wasn't Trump supporters who stormed the building, remember this, It was Antifa. It was Antifa. And then they were desperately looking for pictures of people of color or so then it was no, no, it wasn't Antifa, it was the FBI. These peaceable people, they were really nice people, but these one or two FBI guys like incited them to attack, so it wasn't their fault. Yeah, that didn't work either. So then it was like, okay, they were our guys. They weren't incited, but they were peaceful. It was like nothing happened. It was all fine. They were invited in. It went from it wasn't us, it was us, but we were like made to do it by the FBI too. It didn't happen. I mean, there's no logic.
Speaker 2: There was logic is you kicked the ball. You're pushing the ball down the field to see whats and just continuing to come up with stuff so that you never actually accept blame. And then you hope that the next election rise your way, and if it doesn't, you just keep going. You know who you knows. I would suggest to people there's a really good book Michael Hayden, the former CIA director, a real.
Speaker 1: Hero, American hero and a Republican.
Speaker 2: Yeah, wrote a book called The Assault on Intelligence about the post truth world, and he talks about how can the national security state and the intelligence community function when we're in this sort of post truth world where nothing is true?
Speaker 1: So ja you know some of the conspiracies happening now is that the Epic Times, which is this newspaper and this online presence. It's run basically by the following Gong religious cult that came out of China that's now banned in China. And the head of the Epic Times was just arrested for money laundering. And apparently what was going on was that the Epic Times was reporting huge revenue, and where that revenue was actually coming from is they were washing profits from organized crime. The money was coming in from fallacious workers' comp claims, and basically they were taking the money and paying seventy cents on the dollar from the worker's comp claims, and they were plowing it into their own organization and then using that to buy political influence, putting it into the Republicans. The Feds claim that they can prove that he stile at least sixty seven million dollars and the Epic Times was basically a right wing mouthpiece, but it was a criminal conspiracy that was buying influence.
Speaker 2: I think this is one of the bigger things in the last couple of decades is this attack on what they call MSM main street media.
Speaker 1: And do they have fact checkers, or don't they. I mean, you know, the New York Times, the Washington Post, and they get things wrong, but they'll usually say so afterwards. I mean, there was a piece I think it was yesterday in the Post I thought spoke really well of it. It was the Post finding dirt on the incoming editor of the Washington Post, Right, I mean, so can you imagine that at Fox? But go into the Epic Times, which is run by a foreign religious cult that is also a criminal money laundering operation. I don't think you should be getting your news from them.
Speaker 2: Let's take a break, we'll be right back.
Speaker 1: And we're back, John. You know, you could talk import to anybody on the importance of the intelligent oversight committees in Congress.
Speaker 2: There's two oversight committees whose job is to provide oversight to the intelligence community and that include CIA. And one is in the House, the Hipsie House Permanent Select Committee Intelligence, and the other one is SISSY, the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence.
Speaker 1: Love Sissy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, their job is to provide oversight. The intelligence community has to report to them on the things that they're doing, both covert action.
Speaker 1: And report everything. And they control their money. That's right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they can they control the money. And I think we've talked about it in previous episodes about sort of reforms and the intelligence community in nineteen seventies that pulled in what was becoming of sort of a more rogue intelligence community that was doing things that presidents asked them to do, but maybe was not something that was fully compliant with our policy or some of our laws even And so traditionally leaders in the House and the Senate have tried to put serious people on those committees. And just recently, Mike Johnson, the Speaker of the House of Representatives, chose to place two very sort of extremist congress people, Representative Ronnie Jackson of Texas and Representative Scott Perry of Pennsylvania, on the House Permanent Select Committee Intelligence. There's a real concern amongst some others in Congress that this is a real mistake. Ronnie Jackson was the President's doctor during the Trump administration and was a former naval admiral who was then bucked down to yeah there was demoted based on some of his activities and his drinking, and then ran for Congress in Texas and is one of the most extreme right wing Republicans and Scott Perry. It was specifically involved in the attack on that's right, the capital on Genuous sixth and even.
Speaker 1: Part of that. And we have John. We've briefed Hipsy and Sissy numerous times, and Hipsey and Sissy often comes out to like foreign posts where we've been, where we've been chiefs, and we sit down and we talk with them. And I've been pretty impressed with both the Republicans and the Democrats on Hipsy and Sissy by and large there they're serious people, and people may not realize that when CIA officers and we sit down with an important source, like you know, a Russian asset is going to tell us what's going on in the Kremlin, we look at them and we say, I can keep you alive, I can keep your identity secret. And yet that information is often available. We may not offer it to the to Sissy and Hipsy, they may not want to know the exact names and so forth. But you know, lives are at stake. It's worked pretty well, but putting firebrands, partisans, conspiracy theories into these committees could really hurt national security and it's going to get people killed. This is a serious business.
Speaker 2: Is Congressman hold ahand wrote says that there are literally hundreds of duly elected and upstanding members of Congress on both sides of the who understand the gravity of the responsibility of oversight, particularly the seriousness of overseeing our nation's most dear and potentially sensitive intelligence data and information. These other representatives have no record of personal misconduct or entanglement in criminal activity, no active conflict of interest for the agencies under jurisdiction, and not at risk of compromise by forum aligned interest, and the Speaker of the House should know better.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I remember this is partisan, but it's sort of funny. I remember there was one I'm not even going to say what it was, a congressman or a senator, but it was a very senior Republican and after Trump won, it was the country I was in. I was the chief, and that they were coming through getting briefings, and afterwards we went out for drinks. There were three Republicans. They were very nice, very thoughtful. We were drinking whiskey in this nice hotel. They were picking up the bill because I can't pay for it. One of them said, I asked him what he thought of the president elect. Trump, and he said, you know, he's a retard, but he must have something because that's who they elected. And he was sort of shaking his head. It's like, I can't believe we won this thing.
Speaker 2: Well, Jerry, another short episode of Partonage, and I'm saying that without having any clue actually what it means other than from context.
Speaker 1: In our next episode, we're going to revisit what's going on with Hunter Biden's laptop, an update the story which we are unfortunately personally involved Hunter biden laptop. It's like Shaharah Zad's story, right, you know, she had to continue her story forever. The Emperor would have her killed when her story end. So Hunter Biden's Laptop is the Shahara Zad of politics. Never stops