Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this week trend long week trend trending episode of The Guys. Oh I'm Jack. That is Miles. Yeah, he just fucking blew my mind. Man. Well just told me that the there was one guy who was in all those interstitials. Yeah yeah, yeah, okay, I'm reloaded. You motherfuckers think you're big time fucking with jay Z, You're gonna die big time. Here comes the pain. I assumed because the impression isn't quite there. I assumed it was jay Z doing a voice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, No, it's this other dude.
Speaker 1: I forgot.
Speaker 2: He has a nickname and everything.
Speaker 3: But if you watch the backstage documentary that was about the Hard Knock Life Roughriders Tour, he's like he was on the road with them, and like he when he starts talking, like, oh shit, that's him, Because you do you hear it immediately? Yeah, ja Z is not known as a master of disguised.
Speaker 1: I would say delivery. Well, this is the episode where we tell you what is trending, what was trending over the weekend, what happened over the weekend. Uh. First, we check in with ourselves with one another by telling you some stuff we think is overrated? Underrated? Yes? Should we start with underrated? Sure? Sure? All right? So I had UH for my underrated how much our day to day busyness is designed to uh distract us from death break? Then I was like, man, I am really scared of UH when I don't have a show to record every day?
Speaker 3: Why we do so many? Our existential dread is the thing that power.
Speaker 1: Just trying to do that void at Bay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, we're trying to do like maybe let's let's do the four episodes a day. Dude, you would do like a midnight update.
Speaker 1: Because that's when the thoughts come. Yeah, so I might as well mic real quick talk about four in the morning. Yeah, hey, hey Miles, but what are you doing here? Yeah? It's like our ads, but you really are there now? Yeah. So I don't know what more on this to come. I'm reading a Denial of Death the nineteen seventies, like kind of existential psychology book, because that's I think the best way. Otherwise it's just I'm just gonna like it's going to go down there. I'm going to push that fear down and it's going to like come out as someone knows what. Yeah, some weird podcast some weird uh nosebleed, blood coming out in my ear, and then I just you know, so yeah that I'll say the hotness of the door lean. Wow? Did you see this trend? Yeah, that's what That's what I'm talking about. Dudes are hot when they lean on a door. According to people on Twitter. Hmmm have you seen? Did you? I linked through because uh, Jason, Uh, frequent guess Jason Pargin right, tweet. I just saw a thread asking ladies what's the sexiest subtle thing a man can do? On The first reply was doorframe lean, and another one was doorframe lean, and then there's all these pictures he links of just like men leaning in a doorframe, right, which is I.
Speaker 3: Mean, yeah, the door I mean, look, it's all I think leaning in general. Right, Like, as I've learned from uh, what's this, what's the name the dude from Dateline, Keith Morrison, He's like because there's like a whole account that's called like Keith Lean's on stuff or Keith Lean's on things, because whenever he's doing shit on Dateline, like he had like this dude, I think realizes that there's a secret to like the swag source code, which is been like, you'll lean on something when you're when you're fucking delivering a line, like it just makes it so he's like leaning on doorframes, fucking refrigerators, counters, whatever. So I think more than the doorframe, just the lean in general, I think, yes, it is a powerful I.
Speaker 1: Mean, I do it because I have poor core strength.
Speaker 3: But yeah, yeah, you only work out.
Speaker 1: Yeah I'm pear shaped, but like a pair that is like chapped in half.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, exactly, so many side crunches to one side.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But anyway, so that's my underrated forget about forget let's let's mark and forget about the thing about death. I'm actually not afraid of death at all. I think I laugh in the face of it, like trying to convince fucking Freddy some ship. Yeah, I'm actually not like afraid. I'm very brave. It turns out, Wait, okay, who killed you in your dreams? Don't worry about that. That's that's all I talk about. That.
Speaker 3: Well, that's a good that's a good segue because my underrated fucking dreams.
Speaker 1: Yeah, keep having them. I keep having them.
Speaker 3: I've been I've been trying to find this balance of like how much THC to dream ratio is like the right one, and I'm I might just be I might be finding it. But dude, I had so fucking three dreams yesterday that I like remember very vividly. One was like it was my last day in Tokyo and I was gonna go take a walk and like because as a kid in Japan, I always have my headphones in and just like walk around and like do everything like that, like because I was always solo dolo, and I haven't been doing that since I've had like been in a relationship and going with her majesty and like showing her around and now with the guys child. So I was like, oh, you know, I need to do one, like one little like nighttime fucking music headphone walk, and then I decided I was like, actually I want to go to sleep. And then I was like, wait, I'm dreaming and I'm not in Japan. Then the next one was I went to a church for whatever reason because it was like quiet, and then I went in there, but somebody gave me like a bible. I remember I had a bible someone gave me. And then like I went outside to like look at my phone because for whatever reason, I didn't want to like disrespect the church by being on my phone, and then I almost left, but then I realized I have my AirPods in there, and I went in there, and then other people were in there, and somebody tried to take my AirPods and I had to get that shit back, and then I left. Not one of the most vivid or you know, I don't know if there's any meaning to that aside, yeah, maybe keep my AirPods.
Speaker 1: On me at church, and like there were AirPods in both of your dreams. Damn, damn, dude, damn. See, this is what I have to keep.
Speaker 3: I have to keep coming back here so I can protect myself from who is it Freddy or who?
Speaker 1: Yeah it Freddy Kruger ready, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, he's.
Speaker 2: Gonna try to fucking take my air pods, bro, and I'm not having it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you gotta keep it, keep it on that guy.
Speaker 2: So yeah, dreams anyway, shout out to dreams.
Speaker 3: Shout out feel like how much I realized before I'm like, yeah, whatever, I don't dream or whatever.
Speaker 2: But now that I'm having them again, I'm.
Speaker 1: Like, this is fucking wild. It is.
Speaker 3: It's like another trip to like a theme park or something during my sleep time.
Speaker 1: It's one of the wildest that like I kind of came into contact with. How strange it is that we have dreams that we have like little brain movies. Yeah, that are like works of art that are you know we I think we've talked about it because it like some people have like discovered inventions or like had like these breakthroughs on like major scientific problems in their dreams, but like via visual metaphor, which is so weird. Like it's like, yeah, the brain works through these potent images. But just like having kids and having them like be like, wait, what the fuck is going on? I have from a little weird, meaningful, scary movies that happen in my brain when I go to sleep at night, and you're like, embrace them. Yeah. We we talk a lot about. Yeah, they like before they go to bed, they want me to like help them pray for like good dreams and ship Yeah, yeah, which which makes sense.
Speaker 3: You know, just tell him, you know, just fight Freddie bro if he's in there, don't be afraid fight.
Speaker 1: For Well, that first thing I showed them because I want them to be aware of the what can go wrong the entire suite of Nightmare on Elm Street.
Speaker 3: Dad, will you pray with us so we're not visited by Freddie? Well, I mean, I don't know if that's going to help you, but if that's what y'all want, yes, here's a.
Speaker 1: Little prayer for you. One two, Freddy's coming for you. Oh man uh all right. And then something I find overrated that I just discovered in the past week is a soulful reinterpretation of a pop song. M This has been going on for a while now, a couple of weeks. My five year old's favorite song is Crazy, the Narls Barkley song, but like a soulful acoustic reinterpretation by like some garish guy. Yeah, like a little little guitar, little piano. Each time he touches the piano keys, you can tell he's like having like a little emotional orgasm. But so, first of all, I don't know why my five year old like, like I put, I'm like, this is the one that everybody likes. He's like, yeah, No, I don't like that's he's just got the He's like got some angst that he is toying with. Damn. Maybe it's movies maybe it's all those conversations about death that I keep dropping on him, players and ship. But it's just you know, there are some slow acoustic versions of pop songs that work extremely well, like Creep by Radiohead. You know, keep keep them coming baby, like those those West Oh yeah, everyone's great. But like the lyrics to Crazy, when like there's just this like white British dude just low tepoing and just be like I was out of touch, like just like feeling it like it just but it wasn't because I didn't know enough. I just knew too much too much. Does that make me crazy? Right? Possibly? It sounds we're bopping to it. Yeah, it's when it sung like that, it sounds like a boy who calls himself a philosopher at heart. You know, I've just like new too much. You know, That's what's like. But I don't know, and I think that makes me crazy, probably because I hope that you were having the time of your life. But think twice. That's my advice. Wait, your advice is just think twice. Come on, now, who do you? Who do you? Who do you? Who do you? Who do you?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: You're just so man?
Speaker 3: You really think you're in control. This is a song for my acts anyway. I think you're crazy just like me.
Speaker 1: There's also one of like hey, Yeah, I guess had a bunch of these because I looked on Reddit to see like what other people are. There's one there like if you google hey acoustic, there's like a couple of white people sitting like sitting on a lake like right and just playing a like banjo acoustic guitar like eyeb crinkled together version of Hey. That is giving me chills, but not the kind they're looking for. They're getting chills.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is the thing that like I've definitely seen one where it was like a British woman English woman doing it and she's like, my.
Speaker 4: Baby, don't mess around because she loves me so and this I know for shal And.
Speaker 3: I was like, this is haunting, like if you were doing like a fucked up slasher film that took place in Atlanta, like in the fucking Oughts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe maybe maybe it can work, Maybe I.
Speaker 3: Can fox with this, But every other time I'm like, it's just I don't know, gives it a whole other thing, and some people like that.
Speaker 1: For me, I just hear the original too much.
Speaker 3: And I'm like, no, no, no, no, no, this is this is not what I intend to listen to right now.
Speaker 1: The original one just like feels so dead, like the song feels like that cash off and like he's like working through thoughts, Like it feels very stream of consciousness. And then to have someone sing it like it's a fucking in church is like, yo, what what are you doing? Yeah?
Speaker 4: God it don't just get it till there's nothing, not at all.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, yeah, no, that that tracks for me overrated. I would say his nursery school because I have, so we drop the child he's had. He just went to beside his first day of nursery school right now, Her Majesty and I we dropped him off and likels like usually, you know, since COVID, like we don't really let the parents in there, like kind of like just trust us. They're good, Like if you want to like holler at them through the window, you can do that. We're like, is there any way They're like, okay, if you want a COVID test right now, and we're.
Speaker 1: Like yeah, fine, fine, we got them things on us.
Speaker 3: Watch this And we went in and it's just a surreal experience to go from like cause he's not even a year old yet, yeah, but to see like just the passage of time vis a vis like these little benchmarks, these life events that he's having, And to me, I'm like, it hadn't even been fucking twelve months, but there's already.
Speaker 1: Been so much that's happened.
Speaker 3: And I get emotional and I get overcome with feelings and things like that, and I'm honestly I'm in like pure I'm in utter shock, Like we just dropped him off like mirror minute, like minutes before I hopped on Mike, And the whole time, her Majesty was like you know, she was she was having her feelings up front, And for me, I was like, I honestly looked like one of these people who like walked out of a building that had.
Speaker 2: Just exploded and like they don't know what the fuck's going on?
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: And now like as I sit here and I'm like, god like, and are they gonna like the other kid's gonna fuck with him?
Speaker 1: Because I saw one kid I didn't like.
Speaker 2: But then I'm like, and then you have to sort of interrogate those feelings.
Speaker 3: You're like, how am I starting to get like suspicious of the kids.
Speaker 1: You have all these.
Speaker 3: Fucking funny ass feelings as a parent, and so anyway, Yeah, so I don't like when I'm put in touch with my emotions. So I don't like what nursery school did for today in that sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, quote Chief, thank you so much. Thank you. I shouldn't say that song is about about taking.
Speaker 3: Your kid to school the first time, and it just feels like, yeah, this is uh, I mean, it's like beautiful because on one hand, you're like, I know he's gonna get so much from socializing, from like learning with other kids and things like that, and then you kind of have to be like and this ain't about me, or like being like but I want to feed him a hold of him, yeah yeah, and just trusting the professionals that we entrust our children with every day that they know what they're doing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's so hard also dealing with your feelings about other people's kids. That was like I remember that becoming more of a thing, like once they started being I'm like, who's this guy, who's this guy? This guy? What's this kid too? I like that energy, It's got weird energy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was gonna teach my son how to play little lighter because I wanted to be the one who showed him how to do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's how I feel like when I watch kids sports. I've said I said that the other day when or not the other day, Like a few months ago, when I saw my nephew playing Little League and I was like almost like talk, like wanted to talk ship to like the batters he was.
Speaker 2: Up against, Like when he was pitching, I'm like, you ain't got ship home.
Speaker 1: You ain't got ship home. Like, relax, relax, you don't have to be a bout it that much. It can't all be off speed pitches, man, Get get your speed up. Exactly. Yeah, dealing with other people's kids is like one of those big, big, deep, dark like issues because it's like, wait, they feel about their kids the way I feel about yeah, right exactly, my feelings which feel so unique and perfect and you know.
Speaker 3: Right right right, and like telling me, you're telling me the parents of this asshole love him like I love my kid.
Speaker 1: Probably that's yeah, I mean that makes me a crazy possibly man. I don't know, Doug. I'm kind of a philosopher poet. Yeah, I worry or philosopher, poet.
Speaker 3: And I wouldn't say king but leader in some like emotional sense. But yeah, like fuck that kid.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm angry at him. All right, let's take a quick break and we'll come back and talk about some news. And we're back, we're packed, And I tried to go pick him up. They said I I should at least wait an hour, he should at least be there an hour. Yeah, all on the wall behind him. I just can't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, with like the same like that typical cartoonish cut out of my arms doing like ny degree.
Speaker 1: All right, we've got another another like. So we talked about this marketing trend that we saw heading into the holiday break, which was musicals disguised as not musicals, like trailers for musicals that don't acknowledge that their musicals. It was Wonka, it was the color purple, and it was Mean Girls. Were the three films where I had seen the trailer and only later found out that they were musicals, and they were all like huge hits. Right yeah, So Mean Girls now was number one of the box office over the weekend. It made thirty two million dollars over the long weekend. It was originally supposed to go straight to streaming on paramoun Plus, presumably after West Side Story bombed, but was given a theatrical release due to enthusiastic test screenings. I can see that, Yeah, I mean maybe it's just maybe people are like, yeah, I like the music, just doesn't like sell a nice to have.
Speaker 2: The nursery school just sent me a picture of him on a swing.
Speaker 1: Oh and he looks and he loves it. Trust that. Gotta trust that.
Speaker 3: Gotta trust that, you know, because it's not really about me a good time anyway.
Speaker 1: Go on, So you know that's the thing. I hope you're having the time of your life something something so predictable and in the end it's right.
Speaker 3: I can see like how the Mean Girl's musical would work like that doesn't feel like for the like for people like millennials of a certain age that tracks like I feel like the people who want to know who like fuck with Mean Girls heavy also aren't like me who are put off by musicals or like it's a very high barrier for entry for me to like a musical.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I don'tay, yeah, I don't mind like one way or another. And I think maybe that's just where they've like netted out. Is like people are like, yeah, if there's good songs, but it's hard to get somebody on board with a song like in a trailer link ad, you know, so I might as well just hold them out and you know, just get people excited about going to see the movie and then the music. If the music works, it's a nice bonus. Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: But it's sad is that this wasn't a drama free event because I saw I saw the headline, and now that I'm reading the more, I'm like, oh, this one because they're like Lindsay Lohan was not.
Speaker 1: Pleased with some of the drunks. Yeah, Lindsay Lohan makes a cameo. Spoilers, guys, spoilers. If you're just you can't say it after the spoiler Lindsay Lohan and uh, well, I don't want when you expected h Lindsay Lohan is going to show up. You don't know what context yet, Okay, fast forward if you don't want another count all right, and here it is. She plays the moderator of the climactic math competition. Yes, great, great, and at one point in the movie, Megan the Stallion drops a reference to hy two K Firecrotch says, we're going back red Y two K fire crotches back. I'm assuming that makes sense within the context of the movie, you know, like it's one of those things I'm reading out of context. I'm like, well, that joke sucks. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Did they call her white two K fire? I'm like, I don't think that's a line from the first one.
Speaker 1: No, So I think it is a reference to there was like this Brandon Davis oil air like best Friends with Yes, do you remember this asshole? So it's like from a public like shaming of Lindsay Lohan where so this was like an early internet viral video. Paris Hilton is seen audibly laughing as her friend Brandon Davis insults Lindsay lohand to the paparazzi, he says, I think she's worth about seven million dollars, which means she's really poor. It's disgusting. She lives in a motel. And then he said who would want to fuck her? And then says she's a firecrush. Wow, that's very why two K very different time. Not that it was acceptable then, but like, holy shit, the fact that like this person was like ew, she's poor, I'm a billionaire and then like fucking body shamed her d.
Speaker 2: I mean, I remember this guy had such villain face too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like you looked like Billy Zay, like if Billy Zayn had hair and then got like a bunch of plastic surgery.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like he I.
Speaker 2: Remember, Like, and he always had that like sheen of drug sweat on.
Speaker 1: His face, like wet hair, like yeah, wet face with wet hair, wet face sweat and just constant sneer, constantly just like talking down his nose yet people, But anyways, he publicly apologized, so all good there, No obviously, just like a complete villain. But so they made a reference to that, which it doesn't it doesn't necessarily. I don't know. I don't know what the intent of the jokes. I haven't seen the movie. But according to a representative of Lindsay Lohan, she didn't know about the reference to the misogynistic attack until she was watching the movie at the premiere and was very hurt and disappointed. Yeah. Wow, so I wonder who.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like it's interesting to know what the writers or writers were thinking with that, Like were they just doing shorthand because like firecrotch was just a thing, like millennials would say in a pejorative sense, and then they just added y two k orf They're like, no, you.
Speaker 1: Know what, let's fucking hit or where it hurts.
Speaker 3: Remember Brandon Davis, right, like, let's fucking let's give her the business on that one, Like.
Speaker 1: Buy mean Girls for mean Girls, Yeah, is what this movie is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, hey, look hopefully the shout out to the studio for just taking it, taking a chance on some IP that's already proven to.
Speaker 1: Be successful, and I keep a little bit of money off of that. It's crazy like that. We are like in the era of ip's dead. Now it's all original stuff and and yeah, like I mean it's like a sequel mingos Ingirls the musical. Wow.
Speaker 3: So yeah, are y'all ready for fucking Avengers Endgame the Puppets Show?
Speaker 1: Because that shit is what they're gonna do.
Speaker 3: That is even more mind blowing when it's puppets and all practical effects.
Speaker 1: God, what if they do like, okay, all of the Marvel movies, but as musicals, Oh oh.
Speaker 3: Jack, we met. We might be on the precipice of something like that.
Speaker 1: We're we're getting one ex multipliers on these other movies that are remade as musicals, So why not why not try it with a movie that made billion dollars you know.
Speaker 2: Well a worse if it does half make a bill.
Speaker 1: Come on, bro, come on, those are cheap for you, musical puppet show. The Emmy Awards were last night were confused, even more confusing than usual. They were technically the twenty twenty three Emmys honoring shows released between June twenty twenty two and May twenty twenty three. So, for instance, The Bear won Best Comedy for its first season.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I never understood that, even.
Speaker 1: Though second season has already aired because the whole thing was delayed due to strikes. So the voting for this round of awards actually ended last August. Oh shit, okay, So also Game of Thrones one for its third season.
Speaker 5: Somehow, that was a wild one dude succession one for Best Drama, beef one for Best Limited Series.
Speaker 1: So does that mean like they're promising no more Beef? Like does it? Do you have to like swear an affidavit saying that like I will done? Yeah, I don't go under oath and say I'm not going to make another season of Beef because we submitted in the limited series. I don't know we'll see that unless they do Beef the musical. There you go that and that does count as original work. Producer Victor is letting us know. You can repeat if it's an.
Speaker 2: Series, okay, And so like, uh, detective something we cheat like that.
Speaker 1: Did you watch that? Did you watch new sh No? But I talked to somebody who watched it and said it was really good. So that's that's all I need is far more recommendation exactly, and I'm going to be on board.
Speaker 3: I need to hit the tipping point, which around four to five people whose opinions I usually respect on the matter, and then be like all right, all.
Speaker 1: Right, all right, all right, all right, all right, I'll get it in, I'll get it. Quenta Brunton became the first black actress to win Best Actress in a Comedy Series in more than four decades since Isabelle Samford won for The Jeffersons in eighty one. That oh wow, wow, wow, wow wow. That's that's a long time. That is a long time. Holy shit. This nation has been crazy for the entirety of our lives. It turns out better call Saul kind of pulled off an impressive feat in that it lost in all categories it was nominated in. Meeting the show never won a single Emmy, even though it was nominated fifty three times. That's fucked. It is the most snubbed series in the history of Emmys, which feels appropriate, Like Better Call Saul is such a good show, and when you're watching it, you're like, god, damn, this is good. Like I never can get excited about it when I'm not watching it, you know, sure, sure, sure, sure, just like.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, I mean like for me, it's just like so revealing, like it just put like Odin Kirk like on this new like level as a performer, and I'll say, oh shit, okay it all and it's not just funny AHAs with this guy and he's doing. But then like the Emmys too, it's like whatever, you know, I get like, obviously, when you're nominated for these awards, you'd like to win them, but there's something for me personally, I like it was always confusing when the Emmys were and I couldn't quite understand what was up, like what was eligible. So I was like, oh, yeah, so they won the Little Angel holding the sphere thing.
Speaker 1: Okay, cool, I could I could never for my most of my adult life. I and then and this is something that I've only recently been gun to be able to admit. But I couldn't tell the difference between Emmy's and Grammys. I just had the hardest time. I would confuse them and my doctor about it, and.
Speaker 2: Oh, you have emmy grammy blindness.
Speaker 1: I do blindness.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and working so hard, they're like, what's this. You're like, that is an old timey record player. Okay, good, what grandma phone. That's the only time I was able to figure it out. What's this phone?
Speaker 1: Angel holding sphear ball. Okay, good, good, You're now progress, You're making great progress.
Speaker 3: But the second they make it a gold statuette, they're like, okay, now, what's this again, You're like, it's a chicken legs chickens.
Speaker 1: Grandma phone? Yeah, yeah, yeah, grandma's phone. That's right, grandmother's phone, My grandma phone. On the bright side, Sir Elton John, he got it his Disney Plus special Elton John Live Farewell from Dodger Stadium. I would have thought they would have gone with like a goodbye yellow brick road reference there but farewell from Dodger Stadium one, making him just the nineteenth person to E GOT, So congratulations to him. He unfortunately just had knee surgery and was unable to attend to receive his Emmy and traditional E got blood sacrifice. So you know, a couple lucky innocent sacrifice victims. You know, we're off the hook, breathing a little easier last night.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I'm trying to, wow, who's got people who.
Speaker 3: Are almost there, like the world of egot, like Barbara streisand has like a like a ceremonial egot.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to she would have been like the original you got no.
Speaker 3: Man, The original E got was Richard Rogers. Okay, then is that ye.
Speaker 1: Got fucking That's right?
Speaker 2: Whoopy Goldberg he got it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Whoopy Goldberg is like one of the people who, like, if you asked me, like, name a person who is he got it? I think I would have named Whoopy Goldberg.
Speaker 3: I think I would have said Alan Menkin probably all those like I don't know why that guy's name sticks out in my head just so much. I think because his hands were all over those like eighties in early nineties Disney films that I actually like remember.
Speaker 1: The words too. Damn John Legend, I know, so I know. First of all, John Legend was only thirty nine at the when he completed it. Robert Lopez composer whose work I'm not familiar with one at thirty nine youngest ever, I guess pretty impressive, is I'm assuming he's one of the Lopez brothers, like Robert, Robin and Bro from the NBA.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly, who's gloss? Okay without an Emmy. Henry Fonda didn't have an Emmy and could have got it. People, it's oh yeah, there's a there's It's interesting to see how many people are super close.
Speaker 1: On the people who.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we see you, Vanessa Redgrave, to see you, al Pacino. He just needs a Grammy, man, just get this fucking guy. Yeah, just non stop?
Speaker 1: Who He just needs to be reading books on tape from now until he gets his because that he would kill a book on tape and that that you can get a Grammy for that, can't you? Yeah? Yeah that were Alternately, he should be doing the intros on rap albums like of his movies when people you know, yeah, don't give it to that other guy, you know, do it?
Speaker 3: You know, oh man, if Adele want to Tony, she could fucking egot. So she just needs to get on stage. She just needs that stage award and the Oscar section. If James Earl Jones won it, he would have it.
Speaker 1: You got he hasn't won an Oscar. No, Oh, come on, man.
Speaker 2: Either as fucking Hugh Jackman Man, Well, the.
Speaker 1: World's fucking upside down.
Speaker 3: What's also funny too, is Trey Parker and Matt Stone are also an oscar.
Speaker 1: Away from me. Then an oscar away. Yeah, they'll never get it, never get it, too funny, not after that acid trip on the red carpet. They want huge Jackman Man is my favorite DC super Jackman Man, Hugh Jackman Man. All right, Uh, let's take a quick break. We'll come back. We'll talk about Iowa, talk about it the other big winner of the night. Yeah, we'll be right back, and we're back. We're back. And do you think that Trump will would exchange all of his political power and success for an egot? I feel like he would. We could like somehow convince him it was real.
Speaker 3: You have to convince him that people who get egots can have like absolute legal immunity from everything.
Speaker 1: Right, that's true.
Speaker 3: That's really it is, because he's like Smigel, you know what I mean, he needs the ring, and the ring is I need fucking I need a way out of my fucking legal from legal Schmigel.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, one of my favorite eight.
Speaker 3: So we could convince him that the egot was like the ring, then yeah, maybe it is.
Speaker 1: So we we had a feeling he was gonna win. Something about it. I don't know what it was.
Speaker 2: This is this feeling that he might do it.
Speaker 1: He got fifty one percent of the vote, won by the largest margin since Bob Dolan nineteen eighty eight, maybe bigger than Bob Dolan nineteen eighty eight. Wow, So yeah, I think it's Yeah, it's looking like it's the largest ever margin in Iowa caucus history, surpassing the previous record of twelve point eight percentage points for Bob Dall, more than double what he got in Iowa in twenty sixteen when he won twenty four percent of the vote, finishing second behind Ted Cruz. And so the Desanta's campaign like this is great. I read this as being like, you know, my first on first encountering their complaints, I was like, yeah, well he's a loser for the loser complaints that are grape bullshit. They were like the project they projected this like thirty minutes after the caucuses began, and you know, I don't know what a caucus is necessarily, I think we've covered it on the show before, but like I don't remember that shit. But it's something that is like fluid where isn't it like kind kind of a ongoing, evolving situation. Yeah, So for them to call it right away based on like a set number of votes, they were like, this feels unfair, like kind of is tantamount to election interference, uh, which you know, probably like he was gonna say some shit like that regardless, but it's it is weird. Oh you know what it is.
Speaker 3: Actually, this is the reason we were talking about the Democratic caucusing in Iowa, which is the one where motherfuckers are like moving around and like trying to convince each other like yo, come over here, be budaj ed, You're like come over here right there.
Speaker 2: It just it's just like voting, oh it is. It's just a secret ballot.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, so it's less of yeah, like I'm the thing that we have in the front of our mind was Iowa caucuses as related to the Democrats, because we were more interested in like what the fuck was going on there, and that is the one where it's more fluid and there's people like trying to convince people to join the other groups. Yeah, so I'm that's probably why. And also I mean, I don't know. I feel like everybody, probably anybody who saw this shit coming was like, yeah, why are you even Okay, yeah, go ahead though voting not Yeah, well it's gonna be Trump, but yes, let's see, let's see by how much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's all it is, just I don't know. It's another moment to be like, we probably shouldn't have a media spectacle around elections, like we probably it probably should not be the media's fucking super Bowl, which it is, like and it's a race to see who can call it first.
Speaker 3: Well, it loses all its meaning too, Like when it becomes a horse race then, rather than thinking of like what is the future of your nation from a policy or you know, whatever perspective, you're like, I don't know, it's a fucking horse race. And they're like, oh, yeah, right, what that's right? These people aren't horses. They're horses that have to like create laws and enact bills that will keep us safe for it.
Speaker 1: If you'll let horses know, they probably do a better job, you know, around that's the right horn. Uh, but yeah, I don't know other countries have media blackouts around elections. It feels like we have basically the exact opposite, like whatever media blackout around elections. Trying to achieve they were like, no, we're actually going for that, that's actually what we're going.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're like, Bro, have you seen how much Walmart will throw down if I tell them I'm doing wall to wall horse.
Speaker 1: Racing political horse race? It's fucking wild.
Speaker 3: Okay, I could have nine Tucker Carlson's and I would still have plenty of AD revenue just by doing turning this thing into all you can eat ad buffet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just a big Pepsi coke display in the grocery store.
Speaker 3: Surprise, they don't brand the fuck we're How far off are we from the fucking the Pepsi cola Republican primary?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think the rise of fascism was probably gonna hurt that a little bit, but it does. It did feel inevitable at a certain point.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they'll find a way they'll find a way to kind of do this new version.
Speaker 1: But I mean it was the AP CNN and they all called it early after analyzing early results from eight Iowa counties. But that's voter interference. Following the results, Vivek Ramaswami uh dropped out of the race and into the race for to be Trump's VP. He was gonna happen. I'm out, but I really love Trump and I'm gonna endorse him, Sir, God Leader King. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean he he had a wild weekend too, because first he was like, he was talking fucking shit about Trump to like one of these voters, and Trump was like what He's like, you know, he's he's injured, man, he's limping.
Speaker 2: He's like, I'll be able to take this thing.
Speaker 1: Over the line.
Speaker 2: He didn't realize that shit was like being recorded.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 3: And then Trump was like, he's like, do not vote for him. He's a phony. A vote for him is not MAGA, does not help me.
Speaker 1: Blah blah blah. And then he was like please, bro, noh fucking vaporizes me.
Speaker 3: Even went on Fox and Friends and like Doocey was like, yo, bro, why did he fucking throw you under the bus like that, and rom s Imon's like, well, you know, I actually don't think he threw me under the bus. He's like, he threw you under the entire bus and the bus had snow tires, and he was like, well, you know, and like he couldn't really hem and Haut his way out of that one. And yet now he's he's calling it quits shame that, yeah, you pander to white supremacy and it still didn't work for you.
Speaker 1: It still didn't work somehow.
Speaker 3: Even Steve King, the one of the most despicable members of Congress, he fucking was back.
Speaker 1: In your shit still didn't work. Vec hate to see it play out the same way every time Nikki Haley came in third close third to run DeSantis and is basically saying this means it's the two party, a two candidate race. Was basically like DeSantis is done, which will like it'll it'll be more interesting. She really kind of put her energy into New Hampshire, it feels like, and DeSantis put his energy into Iowa, And the fact that they were as close as they were in Iowa suggests that maybe it's time for Ronnie Boy Rannie Bob. What was it Rob to drop off and I don't know somebody. I'm assuming somebody is gonna stick around just in case, like the Supreme Court makes a ruling on this bitch, you know. Oh yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, and also too, like there is I there are reports that you know, I don't and it's hard for me to believe because it's all polling, but there seems to be like a solid number of Republicans who are like, yeah, the trial, like his like legal shit could actually affect him negatively, so we'll see. But I'm like that y'all are just saying that because at the end of the day, it's like it's all about the vengeance like sort of narrative with Trump is like coming fucking back and showing everybody it's nothing to do with his legal jeopardy or you're probably just smart enough to know that you want to come off as somebody who's rational.
Speaker 1: But yeah, yeah, it's But then when it comes to the voting, is not going to be for Trump? For Trump?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, poor Rob DeSantis though too, I mean, not to fuck him, but like it they this is like a really interesting study in how the donor class was like Rob is our fucking guy, Yeah, the guy who eats pudding with no spoon and his straight fingies, that's our guy. Because they're like and as we as we were even looking too, we're like, he's like kind of understands legislation better than Trump, and like that was like seen as a strength for a lot of these donors, but without realizing that like it was. It wasn't about these voters wanting like someone who's like, we need Trump but more effective.
Speaker 2: It's like they just wanted Trump no matter what.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Uh, And it didn't bother them that he was bumbling even as he tried to like dismantle so many different parts of our government.
Speaker 2: So there's Ron out there and I think the clock is taken. They're like, when are you gonna When are you gonna drop out?
Speaker 5: Bro?
Speaker 2: Bro spent a lot of money on those boots and private jets.
Speaker 1: What's going on? The greatest lifts the money can buy? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I didn't eve think they were the best that money could buy.
Speaker 1: Sadly, there were some like media I did a report where they asked Trump supporters in Iowa, like, so are you okay with like you saw that he said he was going to be a dictator and they're like, and that's what America needs as a dictator, which, like that does seem to be a point that has been lost on a lot of mainstream media outlets up to now, that like the dictatorship is the point for a lot of Trump supporters. They're just you know, which I don't know. I don't agree with it, but I also understand the logic of them seeing a country where the president is like, I don't know, I can't my hands are tied, man, I can't do anything. Yeah, And it's like.
Speaker 2: You're somebody who's like you go to jail now a fucker.
Speaker 1: Like yeah, yeah, exactly, that's what they want.
Speaker 3: That's what's Yeah, that's twenty twenty four, y'all, what a whatever, What a sweaty time we're going to have at.
Speaker 1: The ballot box?
Speaker 3: Because it's really like and it's really philosophically, like I keep like sort of interrogating this in my mind and trying to understand, like what what's at stake really here, and it's like, yeah, there's there is one one party is absolutely trying to be like we want to go backwards so far, so fast, it'll make your fucking head spin. Yes, And then as much as I I'm like the fuck, but I'm like where we're at is so bad, Like we need to move forward. It's like then there's this other Democrats like, well, we don't want to go backwards per se, right, yeah, fuck man, Like obviously back don't want to go backwards per se is better.
Speaker 1: But I'm fuck.
Speaker 3: I think that's the thing that I have so much trouble with is like I hate that those are the options.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh the options are bad and you aligning me. Alarne was saying something really interesting.
Speaker 3: You you check out our YouTube show about just sort of like because we're in this such a fraught space of like there are people who are like, just don't fucking vote man at fucking all, like fuck it all man, Yeah, and there are people who are like, vote blue no matter who. And I think there's also there's like also this space too where people are like, I don't support Joe Biden. But also a vote isn't necessarily like you expressing your entire political philosophy, but as a tool to at least figure out what you're trying to see happen with this situation in its current form.
Speaker 1: And yeah, it's that that's why.
Speaker 3: It makes it very difficult because like there's so many things too, it especially with like people of color and younger people who are like like moving away from buying or at least in the polling is showing that, like the enthusiasm just not there is like just this feeling of like we can be doing so much, like can you at least lie better? Like can you can I at least get that out of you? Are you really just gonna fucking ignore everything and be like like what y'all gonna do? Like let Trump come in, which I think is a very dangerous game for democrats too, like and it's for all the all these hand ringing sort of op eds I read about like what the democrats like are doing right but no one understands or like these questions.
Speaker 1: Are like what can they be doing better?
Speaker 2: It's like, man, you really got to fucking meet people where they're at.
Speaker 1: Just start it off.
Speaker 3: Like the whole democracy thing is so abstract to people, like is not.
Speaker 2: Everybody's a high information voter.
Speaker 3: A lot of work to do, so it's gonna be a real My nails are already fully bitten off January.
Speaker 1: So have you gotten to the cuticles yet? Those are yummy, the cute cutes, so the flavors ad dudelet's wear all the good about this all right. Those are some of the things that are trending on this Tuesday, January sixteenth. We are back tomorrow with a whole ass episode of the show. Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourselves, get the vaccine, don't do nothing about white supremacy. Now when we will talk to you all tomorrow, Bye bye,