Speaker 1: Yeah, what's something y'all was going on BROD Radio.
Speaker 2: He's a legendary Queen's rapper. Hey Hanks is your boy in. He's a Miami hip hop pioneer. What up is dj e f N? Together?
Speaker 3: They drink it up with some of the biggest players in music and sports?
Speaker 4: You know what I mean, the most professional unprofessional podcast.
Speaker 2: This is Drinksamp Radio. Every day is New Year's Eve? Would it could be, hopefully what it should be?
Speaker 5: Before we even continue, I want to say that right now we an eight and nine clothing store and I'm dripped to death with eight to nine from the head to the bottom of my feet.
Speaker 2: And right now this is your boy in r Hang Hanks Sangria. I hope you via what what up is dj e f N? And it's a drink Chaps Balks.
Speaker 5: And right now, right now, we have a legendary Brooklyn MC. He was a part of a legendary group that we only got one albums.
Speaker 2: We was disappointed. We're gonna get into that.
Speaker 5: He's hip hop's first activist, that gangsters in hip hop claim and the backpackers in hip hop claim. He stepped up for us in Ferguson wh nobody else was. He told that guy that was in CNN, we're gonna get to that later, that you're reporting on black culture in a disrespectful way.
Speaker 2: And he told it to him intelligently.
Speaker 5: And live and live to this day, people still don't respect this guy's Don Lemon's.
Speaker 2: News reporting skills.
Speaker 5: Since that day, it's been different from mister. I had this guy number. The first thing I wanted to do was tex him and say thank you. But he's a hip hop activist. He's one of the realist people. He's a hip hop pure.
Speaker 2: Lyricist, pure lyricists.
Speaker 5: He's worked with the likes of Kanye West, jay Z, Freeway, you name him. He's been in the studio and had something to do with them being great.
Speaker 2: Right now, we have Tyler Qualley in a building. Make so fucking man, Man the legend. Man the legend. You're gonna make a black man blush nah man.
Speaker 5: Listen, By the way, let me just say something. I've seen you in LA and I got a chance to tell you how much I appreciated the statements, the acts, and the courageousness that you portrayed during the Ferguson and you going out there first off, just representing for us. And then second off, when people were reporting four stories, you immediately corrected this guy, and he did it in an intelligent way.
Speaker 2: You could have been like, fuck you, nigga, you sell out, motherfucker.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying. That's how I feel about Don Lemon. But you didn't. You did it in respectful How did that trans We.
Speaker 2: Get the full story?
Speaker 5: Yeah, and we don't need the political, politically correct answer.
Speaker 2: Nobody listens to this show. Followers, Yeah, let's go ahead, tell us. But first of all, before I get into that, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: First of all, shout out to the family of Michael Brown and Michael Bougher's mom and Michael Brown Senior, And you know what I'm saying, like because you know, one of the things that was lost in the conversation with me and Don Lemon was the fact that I was out there to represent for Michael Brown.
Speaker 2: Exactly know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: And one thing that I you know, I try to do not I have no regrets in life.
Speaker 2: But that I had to ask the drink.
Speaker 5: Okay, well, it's streets sound a little too sober.
Speaker 2: That is your bottle, That is your bottle, you know, and sponsored some of the worst moments in my life.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's wants some of the worst moments of Miss well Tyler. Yeah, so go ahead, you and Ferguson.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I went down there. You know, I'll be on Twitter. Claar. You did not get paid to be in, fergus.
Speaker 4: No, No, Don Lemon got paid to be in. That's right, go ahead, continue. I was on Twitter, be on Twitter a lot, and you be arguing on fools.
Speaker 2: I see, I do. I you know.
Speaker 4: Jay Z said, if you argue with fools from a distance, they can't tell who's who.
Speaker 2: Yeah, who's the wise man? But I tell him come a little closer. And it's very apparent that's makes some noise for him telling you come a little closer. Just if you come a little closer, you can see. You know what I'm saying, what I'm doing, But you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Like I was talking on Twitter to people who was retweeting, and people a lot of times people on social network think that they activists because they retweet some because they post something nice and positive on Facebook, and that's that's all good. But unless you have bodies on the ground, unless the flesh is involved. There's nothing really really happening. So I found myself being hypocritical because I'm talking about this on on Twitter.
Speaker 2: My man Jay Cole went down there. I think that, you know what I'm.
Speaker 4: Saying, Like, these are artist that I think maybe Gez Young Jez went down there before me, So.
Speaker 2: I've seen other artists go down know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: So I was like, Okay, I could go down I'm here on Twitter talking about it, let me go down there. I'm an artist, I'm my own boss. I don't have a schedule I have to adhere to.
Speaker 2: I could go down there.
Speaker 4: So I went down there, and I was happy to see my man Philip Agnew aka Umi Salat, who's here in Miami.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. From Dream Defenders. He was down there.
Speaker 4: I see I seen Uh Patrice from Black Lives Matter down there. I see people that are already fuck with down there, So I felt like I was in the right place. I met my man Tef Poe are artists from Saint Louis, very talent to them. See he's on my last album of Knife Wonder, which I are you on.
Speaker 2: He's on the saw. My man teft Poe on my man Tory Russell. They was down there. They was on the front.
Speaker 4: Lines, and my first night down there. To be honest with you, I kind of went down there on some like I'm just gonna show my face.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm drink. I see I got to drink. I'm sorry. I was gonna show my face.
Speaker 4: To be real with you, you know what I'm saying, Like I wasn't planning on getting in no type of action.
Speaker 2: Or you just wanted to be show solid donity. You got maced or something like that. Yeah, there was no.
Speaker 4: I didn't get massed, but they sprayed tear gas in the air infected me a little bit. I had to peep the cops and uh, you know, agitated the people, you know what I'm saying, and they chased us down. I was down there with Rosa Clemente who's a friend of mine. Jessica care Moore was a poet. Cops and some young people. They chased us down there.
Speaker 2: Be related to Roberto Clemente because that's my cousin. She's not, but she is Puerto Rican. She is she is Puerto Rican. How many days into the protest is this when you get there.
Speaker 4: This is as soon as I got this, But I'm.
Speaker 2: Saying, how many days had the protests, Okay.
Speaker 4: And it's been going going on about a week before, maybe maybe two weeks before I got down there, And you know, the people on the front line, I seen that they needed the voice that I seen that they needed representation.
Speaker 2: Shout out to my man Benzino. I seen him down there, you.
Speaker 4: Know what I'm saying. There's a couple of other artists I can't think of right now, but Tea I was rolling with Tef Poe and them, and I was down there for about a week. I got asked to do a lot of press. I turned a lot of it down. I did Democracy Now with Amy Goodman, I did a Joyanne Reid show. But I was turning a lot of the press down because I wasn't down there as a rapper, you know what I'm saying as an actor.
Speaker 2: Yeah, with the people I.
Speaker 4: Got asked to do CNN. I had never met Don Lemon. I went down there to do the thing with him, and.
Speaker 2: This is the night before he said I smelled weed or this is the same. This is about a few months before that. Oh he said he smelled was a few months before he smelled the weed.
Speaker 4: You know, Don Lemon is somebody that I you know, even to this day, I clown to make fun of him. I had a little altercation with him on the air, but I have respect for.
Speaker 2: Him as a as a human being.
Speaker 4: You know, a gay man, black man on CNN.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he came out and Anderson you know gay.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying, Like you know they did.
Speaker 2: I went, I went down there.
Speaker 4: I was very excited to do the interview with Don Lemon, and I was surprised at the way that he conducted the interview, and I think shocking my surprise. Me being used to doing interviews in a certain way as an artist was different from me doing interviews as I don't think Don Lemon understood my, my, my, who I was and what I was doing down there.
Speaker 2: I was just somebody who was dead. He had no frame of reference. No, he didn't know you beforehand. Nah, we never met him. Who might have been from St. Louis, Yeah, I could have been rappers for Saint Louis.
Speaker 4: And no disrespect to rappers from Saint Louis, because you know those are the voices like my man Tef Poe. You know what I'm saying, Like people whose rappers from there, they know what was up for real, Like, really they should have interviewed Teft Poe really, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: They were walking by. That's how this happened. Now, they called me. CNN called me a lot. They called me a lot. The real story is they called me a lot.
Speaker 4: They called me like like ten times like and I said no, no, no, no no.
Speaker 2: And they said Anderson Cooper was going to do the story.
Speaker 4: And you know, I have a lot of respect for Anderson Cooper, me too, you know what I'm saying. So I was like, okay, I'm gonna do it. When I got down there, they had Don Lemon. I didn't, you know.
Speaker 2: I was like, okay, Don Lemon cool? Was you all of Don levonly? Yeah? I didn't have no. I didn't have no opinion of him. Yeah I did.
Speaker 4: I was aware of him. I knew he was on CNN.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I didn't.
Speaker 2: I wasn't a fan. I wasn't not a fan. I didn't know who he was.
Speaker 4: I just knew he was famous, you know, black dude on CNN. So I did an interview with him. And you know, I just didn't like the way that you know, I felt like, you know, Don Lemon is on CNN on TV a lot. I feel like, if you call me to interview me, you want to hear what I.
Speaker 2: Got to say. As soon as I started speaking, he started.
Speaker 4: Speaking, you know what I'm saying, and my gut instinct kicked in, you know what I'm saying. But like I said, with the start of this, you know what I'm saying, like I wish I would have talked more about Michael Brown instead of getting into it with Lemon.
Speaker 2: No, but you know what I want to tell you that it was. It was.
Speaker 5: It was necessary for the time because you being on the ground, you probably didn't see all of the news footage.
Speaker 2: Me being on the road.
Speaker 5: At the time, I did see all the news footage, and he just wasn't It was.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 5: You know, we'll all due respect to him because I never met Donald, you know what I'm saying, sooball me judging him is absolutely pre prejudice because I never met that guy, right, never been in.
Speaker 2: Front of him.
Speaker 5: But from what I see, he's what represents an uncle Tom. He's represents like the people who don't understand the struggle. The people who don't understand that Mike Brown was innocently killed, the people don't understand the Trayvon Mines that he was. He was the epitome of the black guy who doesn't understand our struggle. So although your plot put him in, your confrontation with him might have took away from what Mike Brown, it also shed light on the situation that listen, brother, if you one of us, you got to be one of us.
Speaker 2: And if you're not, then you're just not.
Speaker 4: I think he does because I think as a black gay dude, he understands. Yeah, I shouldn't know he was gay, So yeah, I think he understands it, and I think he goes through it. You know what I'm saying As somebody who works in the mainstream media, right, I got I think he understands it.
Speaker 2: But you know, people who work for a living, and we all have.
Speaker 4: Jobs, a lot of us compromise our gut feelings on morals and compromise who we are as people for that check. Don Lemon is there to represent CNN. CNN is a corporate interest.
Speaker 5: He's not there, dude, like that he represents CNN. Let's make some noise for don CNN.
Speaker 4: Ahead not not CNN, like you know, the official CNN kind of hood to you know, gangst the ship, the other bad guys.
Speaker 2: You can't put that there. Come on, the other bad guys, come on.
Speaker 4: But I think that he represents he He was doing his job. The moment I spoke out against mainstream media, I didn't even say CNN.
Speaker 2: He took offense to.
Speaker 4: Me saying mainstream media is a problem. He looked at CNN as being a part of mainstream media. He took offense to me dissing his team.
Speaker 2: That's what it was.
Speaker 4: And the conversation got missing because he was like, wait a second, CNN is fair.
Speaker 2: I feel like I'm fair. I feel like I worked for CNN. I'm fair, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: And it's like, you know, he represents the mainstream Me to the mainstream media. Job is to enable the status quote and the convince us that the status quote is okay.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, Like CNN, the only reason CNN.
Speaker 4: Was down there was in the host that there would be a riot. The only reason that M S N, B C, even even the left wing I'm not talking about Fox News and all the bullshit. But even the left wing, supposedly on our side, media is down there because they hope that some violence. Wow, if there wasn't a thread of violence, they wouldn't be down there.
Speaker 2: So then they tell.
Speaker 4: You we shouldn't write, They tell you we shouldn't burn down the CBS, and I agree with that. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I don't think violence solve anyone.
Speaker 6: CBS or CBS, CVSS understandship, CBS.
Speaker 4: I think that you know they don Lemon was doing his job very well.
Speaker 2: I like you being political. He was.
Speaker 4: That's not even that's not even politics, moneigga, that's just real ship like like, he was doing the job. Now, you and me, as artist, the reason you could call yourself norier, the reason you could do a podcast with EFN say whatever the fuck you want, is because you're an artist.
Speaker 2: You have no boss. Talk about it, you have no bo. Keep going, keep going. You see where you're going.
Speaker 4: You see when Laurence Hill don't show up to a show, everybody get mad. Guess what, you could be mad, But guess what, So the fuck what she don't work for you?
Speaker 2: She could she could show up when she feels like showing up and guess what, she don't feel like it. She don't have to show up. Something personal happen in our life.
Speaker 4: She can be like I'm chilling today. She has an arrangement with the venue.
Speaker 2: Owner, the promoter, and you have, you have, You don't know it.
Speaker 4: You're not privy to that. So the only person she might owe some to is somebody that you're not even privy to.
Speaker 2: As artists, we have no boss.
Speaker 4: And a lot of people don't understand that, you know what I'm saying, because a lot of people caught up in the debt system, in the slavery system, and they think they have bosses that people have to report to. That's not something that I'm judging. You can't be judgmental with people got to do to survive, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: You can't judge that. But you got to.
Speaker 4: Understand the difference between somebody you know and and it's the same thing as a gangster. Like a gangster has no boss.
Speaker 5: Like most depth, he's an r e for real, he's an run right? Is that correct?
Speaker 2: Hold on what happened? He just said America and he just left.
Speaker 4: I think y'all seen Bay. You know I went to visit him. I went to visit in Africa and South.
Speaker 2: Let's just make some noise for the nigga going back home.
Speaker 1: That just makes.
Speaker 2: I ain't got the heart. They ain't got a w in Africa, right, I can't a w they got They got a home away of Airbnb. You know, I'm not a fan of Nbnb yet now.
Speaker 3: I'm not not.
Speaker 4: I don't don't with Airbnb. But listen, y'all seen Bay he decided a long time ago, if you pay attention to his moves, that he wasn't fucking with America a long time.
Speaker 2: That's hard, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: And he traveled the world. You know, he's an internationally known artist. He is settled in South Africa.
Speaker 2: He do got some leaders. He had an international passport, a world a world world world passport. What the fuck does that mean?
Speaker 4: A world passport is so, you know, he has a website where my man Ferrari Shepherd shout out to my man.
Speaker 2: I got a website. I don't got a worldwide. They got a website called a country called Earth.
Speaker 4: And the whole concept behind it is, you know, I'm a citizen of the world.
Speaker 2: Like these borders. You know, we all this is a room full of immigrants, room for the anger.
Speaker 4: We've done good for some immigrants. These borders are set up by colonists. These borders set up by warring European factions that are that are interested in in enabling white supremacy and keeping it going.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, like keeping the people with people.
Speaker 4: With murder are raped and tortured for them to create these lines and these divisions between people.
Speaker 2: I'm saying, no human being is illegal.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: If you get drunk.
Speaker 4: And you drive and you kill them offucker, are you an a legal driving No, you're not. So no human being is illegal? Is that that's a that's a misnomer. No human being is an alien. No human being is illegal.
Speaker 5: And let's make some noise for the people trying to cross the borders.
Speaker 4: We are we are not. Damn word is bombed and so y'all seen being farrari shephard. They have this concept of just global global citizen citizensry and no human being is illegal and country called Earth.
Speaker 2: We are all citizens in the world. So he can he still like go to like countries. That's cool with Yeah, the World Passport is recognized as certain countries. How did he get that? You could from where he's somebody to get that fingerprints prints the world.
Speaker 4: From what I understand, in the World Passport, you could get it if you do through.
Speaker 2: The research and you just anybody could get it.
Speaker 4: But it's not recognized everywhere, and it's not recognizing every situation like they might recognize it. I think the situation with South Africa is they recognized it sometimes and they don't record.
Speaker 2: They pick and choose.
Speaker 4: So I think the situation was he was trying to travel in this particular time they didn't recognize the World Passport.
Speaker 2: So he has a little legal issue. He got solved.
Speaker 4: But you know, he's been in South Africa and Tunisia and Morocco and he's just been a citizen of the world.
Speaker 2: And then how did your guys initially meet?
Speaker 5: Because the Black Star thing was yeah, so big and we only got one album, correct.
Speaker 2: Yeah, shout out to my man Rubik's.
Speaker 4: When I was a young we lad back in the salad days of my career.
Speaker 2: Okay, hold on, we lad in salad. I've never heard this term we that's just Irish. That's Irish I'm a we lady. My salad days. I'm a fan of the Coen Brothers films.
Speaker 4: If you watch Raised in Arizona, Nicholas Cage, he talks about him and Holly Hunter, I think his name of the actress, and he's talking about the early days of their relationships and he said that the salad days the days before the appetizer and the meal on the entree the salad day. So in my salad days, you know what I'm saying. I used to hang out of Washington Square Park. I used to hang out with Incredible MC's like Supernatural.
Speaker 2: Is this where half Bake came from?
Speaker 4: Dave Dave Chappelle was in the park. Okapelle was in the park around his time. Washington Square Park Ate Off the Assassin was in.
Speaker 2: The Getting the Head Pop. You know what I'm saying. Gene Gray was in the park.
Speaker 4: Most Death was in the park, but Most Death was also a TV star. He had a show with with Nell Carter. I forget the name of the show, but it was he was Nell Carter him and had a show right then. He had a show with Malcolm Jamal Warner had a TV show when he left The Cosby Show, show a teacher at Harlem. He had a class the seventh graders. Most Death was one of the seventh creators.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Then in the Cosby Mysteries, the first Drake and this is in Brooklyn, this is in Brooklyn, was brought in brook Glynn, young niggas got mad shipping brook Let's make some noise in Brooklyn being ranch.
Speaker 5: Hester rhymes, Big and jay Z all to school together.
Speaker 2: Brooklyn got hold on, hold on, hold on now, let me let me call it at the seven eighteen got the best of seven one eight. Yeah, he said, seven eighteen. That was too smart for me. I had to think the same day on seven seven, y'all got y'all.
Speaker 4: Got thousands of star faces.
Speaker 2: Bees and well, we got jay Z's and nos and differently seven one eight seven one eight unities like black and brown you right here, right here, right here, right.
Speaker 4: But yeah, most Death was doing this thing on the acting. He had the deon Sanda's American Express commercial.
Speaker 7: I know he was.
Speaker 2: He was broke. It was an American Express.
Speaker 4: We was broke, we was we be in the park. We would hop the train. I used to live flat Bush, hop the train and go to Washington, Washington Square, Park, the freestyle most death was the only nigga good money. He would take everybody to McDonald's on West Fourth.
Speaker 2: I got arrested at the McDonald's. I'm sure you continue from the basketball and tragedy.
Speaker 4: Story when I was fifteen years old. All right, I mean a real story right now. At my at the house I rented, I'm shooting a video. My man is in there shooting the video.
Speaker 2: It's makes some noise from listen. Most people rent a hotel. He's experienced. Yeah, house, it's cheaper than the hotel. You know what I'm saying. I'm frugal. We don't know that word. Can you explain frugal. It's cheap. It's a fancy word for cheap.
Speaker 5: I am now using that word for poss The news is at this house right now.
Speaker 2: It's still potholes in my law.
Speaker 8: Let's make a noise for Donalds at.
Speaker 2: My New York. Niggas can remember this. I used to shop at Renaissance.
Speaker 4: I don't know what's cool now, but it used to be on Houston and Broadway, and they used to have the Doc Martin boots and the Jaebo jeans.
Speaker 2: I used to do it for Jabo jeans. I ran it the posta news. This is what day I saw with the Hottest Blood. I don't know if you're gonna say this is a joint. It is a blood. It's a blood so much the hottest ship. Hold on, let me make sure it's living. I'm about to smoke it. I smoke the blood with too short. I got care rests drunk, and now I got Tyler quality smoking. That is not news. That is not news, I know.
Speaker 5: But you know why I live. Let me just this is one of the main reasons why I wanted you on the podcast is because you do so much great in the community that sometimes, like you know, our preachers are are our bartenders. When I say by bartenders, I mean, like, you know, to pull up guys in the hood in New York. Sometimes they seem holy in down and sometimes when you just need to show.
Speaker 2: Them that they're human. And when you show them that they're human, it's more people that can say, you know what, I'm gonna follow. I'm gonna follow his league because he's also human like not.
Speaker 4: It's crazy because I'm you know, I've been in this business for a long time. I'm known for a certain type of record but you know, ever since a business business, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: You remember the time he's in Larryos. Yes, somebody came up to you and ask you for you using Larios like Gloria Esta Bar restaurant, and I'm be drinking together, Like I'm like, Wow, the world need to know Tyl Live can have fun. You know what I'm saying. Because he makes so serious records. You know, he's a political guy.
Speaker 5: It's great. That part is awesome. That's what I represent. Kris One was my favorite rapper, so you understand that I respect all that. But I'm seeing him have a great time. So a person comes up to him and says, you Live, I want to do a joint with you. So I'm like, He's like yeah, and he's like, Yo, Norrie, I want to do a joint.
Speaker 2: I say, Tyler Is my new manager, looked at me and was like, fucked up, nigga. But he went along with it, and that you wouldn't right along with let's make some noise with talent, going along with with my found man. I managed your nory.
Speaker 5: Now, yeah, I definitely didn't want to do a song with the dude, so I send him right this how I live. But people need to I think that that's that's one of the greatest things is that when you know you like like when people say, I don't know, this is fucked up. But when people say Martin was fucking bitches on the side, it's like everybody like, damn, that's fucked up. But it's like, nah, he's a human, like he was fucking he was fighting every day for human rights if he wanted to get.
Speaker 2: A butt of a nut on the side, not the nigga live. Man makes some noise for Martin.
Speaker 1: Hey man makes a lloyse for Martin fucking on the side.
Speaker 2: Come on, Martin, I told you.
Speaker 4: Lawrence to Mars, unnamed rapper told me this, and I'm not gonna blow up the spot this or unnamed rapper told me this on his first tour.
Speaker 2: He said, hey man, all the prophets have holes.
Speaker 5: Because you know why, it shows that you're human. The thing about preachers, the thing about the church is doesn't work no more, is because you see these people and they got to gay the shoes on, and they got to they look so good and and and they charlatan him and they show you no mistakes. So they show you no mistakes. Why would somebody follow you? Because it's like, damn, I ain't never going to be like you. I have flaws. You understand what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Like, So that's why when you learn the story about his flaws, when you learn about Malcolm flaws, when you learn about Jesus flaws.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: When you when you read the books that are outside of the Bible, outside of the King James version of the Bible, when you see when Jesus went to travel and you know what I'm saying, Oh yeah, you know what I'm saying. He gained knowledge all over the world supposedly.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, like and had and had flaws.
Speaker 4: It was it was a man. But that you know that, that's what That's what makes people able to relate.
Speaker 2: But Black Star is such a legendary.
Speaker 4: But before you go into black because I was started talking about pasta news posts, I went into Renaissance.
Speaker 2: I said, past my favorite day, I saw my favorite ship. I rapped. What do I do?
Speaker 4: He said, go to rush artist managements around the corner on Elizabeth, right, So I went around to that. I went around the corner.
Speaker 2: I go on the lobby. Tragedy is there, Yes he was. But first search sorry right, search walked in.
Speaker 4: I'm ass searched. I just I'm fifteen years old. I'm as search. This is when gas Face was.
Speaker 2: It was hot.
Speaker 4: I was like, yeah, Tragedy walks in. I got a picture in my house right now. Tragedy had the wild dreads on the top with the fade on the side.
Speaker 2: He had the little Malcolm spectacles.
Speaker 4: And he had like a raincoat on, and this nigga, Tragedy sat there and talked.
Speaker 2: To me for two hours. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Like he was the first. This is a real story that you're hearing on drink Champs. Tragedy was the first rapper that showed me love.
Speaker 2: Tragedy was the first first. That's right, high five. But you don't know me from from He just started giving me advice. But you know what, it is not the industry for me and all that.
Speaker 4: We sat on Elizabeth in Houston for two hours watching the people walk by. I don't even know why he had the time.
Speaker 2: Now, sometimes you know who the next person is. Sometimes it's just energy, you know what I'm saying, It's just aura. Look at that look at that.
Speaker 5: So you and Hot Tech, Yeah, let's get back first Black black Star because you know why, you know, uh, black Star is such a legendary thing that you guys did, Like this is the first time in history we were presented a group first and then you guys did solo ship and y'all just never got back.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Is that accurate? Yes, yeah it is.
Speaker 4: It's you know, Black Star, Me and Most Death with solo artists, and we had styles that complimented to each each other, were fans of each other. We talked casually about doing a group. We both signed The Raucous. Yeah, Jared and Brian, you know, they saw the vision and they was like, Okay, let's do a Black Star. And at the same time Most Death was like, let's do this black Star situation. Rocus saw it at the same time, so it converged. And he was working on a TV show. He's working in a movie. I forget which movie.
Speaker 2: Movies he was working in the movie.
Speaker 5: After time, he was staying, this is when I knew I can't act for Ship. Listen, let me just tell you something. This is when I knew I can't act for Ship. I've seen that nigga play a doctor, and I believed him.
Speaker 4: And I said, listen, I'm gonna tell you when I knew most Deep was there when I seen him. When I watched Master's Ball, my nigga Mossus Ball and this is my nigga I'm spending every day with. And I watched it for thirty minutes and I said, wait, that's most Step.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, That's how I knew I can't when he did that the.
Speaker 4: TV player Berry in the in the Cadillac Records movie.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. With he was wearing his hair.
Speaker 4: And talking and acting like and dressing like Chuck Berry around us, but he didn't tell us that he was doing a movie, so I thought he wasn't. He was just losing his.
Speaker 2: Mind, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Like he was a character, his hair, he had the outfits, he was talking and and that. When I saw the movie, I said, Okay, did he go to acting school?
Speaker 2: Nah? He just a dude from bed Star who got who got talent? Wow? You know, shout out to Umi and Abby.
Speaker 4: They saw enough to make sure that he had the opportunities and present him with the opportunities.
Speaker 2: So so, but when you guys did the Black Star album? Did you? Did you? Did you?
Speaker 5: Did you understand how big like the culture was gonna gravitate towards that or nah?
Speaker 2: I think we just the moment had a lot to do with vinyl.
Speaker 4: Brookers was putting out vinyl and and the DJs, the DJs were craving vinyl.
Speaker 5: Carest Let me just telling people, okay, people, vinyl is the record. It's a record, you put it on. It's stools around, It's not a stream, you know.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 5: Real DJs used to cut it back, bring it back. Your mom's got it in your house. Your mom's got it in your house somewhere. Your mother has a vinylin I'm sorry you all right?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Raucus was putting out vinyl for people, for hip hop fans that would starved for vinyl, and that's part of Roku's business plan. That's how they blew up because a lot of the DJs were pushing back against the move away from vinyl. You had big companies like bad Boy that was putting out great quality pop mainstream hip hop, but they wasn't serving the DJs with the vinyl. They was trying to move away from it. You go to Tower Records or whatever. Back in the days you couldn't buy vinyl. Raucous would put out Shabam's Deek Sermental, Lick, Company, Flow, most Death, probably all vinyl.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: The people was the DJs would appreciate that Racius was focused on the DJ and they focused on underground hip hop and focus on certain sounds. So when they put out The Blackstar. I remember the Stress magazine, my man Allan Stress.
Speaker 2: Cat and Clive Vallent. You got to cover Trust, but it was a.
Speaker 4: Graffiti writers that had that magazine, and Raucus did a collaboration with Stressed.
Speaker 2: With Stressed where they did the vinyl on the cover.
Speaker 4: The vinyl for Definition was on the cover of Trust attached to the magazine.
Speaker 2: They sent a copy to funk Master Flex.
Speaker 4: He loved it. As a DJ, you know what I'm saying. Like, I started my career working for Jessica ros Yeah, I used to live in Flappers down the street.
Speaker 5: I got your clubs.
Speaker 2: Jessica's love I was absolute.
Speaker 4: When when CNN first drop, when Nori Component and rig Ther first drop, I was working for Dress, Jessica Rosenbacker, John Forte John is my best friend. At the time, Jessica was managing John Forte, I was fourteen fifteen. Jessica Rosenbaum is a party promoter in New York. She used to manage Master Flex. But let me tell you, let me break it down. She managed Funk Master Flex before there was a ninety seven.
Speaker 2: There was a Hot Night seven. Before Hot Night seven was a hip hop station. It was a freestyle station.
Speaker 4: They used to play Stevie B records like you gotta Beliad's side.
Speaker 2: I mean used to do that club. Let's keep it going with home Base. I went to that home to day.
Speaker 4: I went to the Boon Spot, the tunnel, this pre tunnel tunnel. When Jessica got the tunnel, that was a cool peteration. She started working Petergation. We're doing lime Light Tunnel to fly.
Speaker 2: You gotta tell him, we gotta tell him with because this is the church. It was a church.
Speaker 5: The church is literally it's a church a church and then closed down.
Speaker 2: A documentary. I don't know if there's a movie called Party Monster and that's about this whole situation. I definitely went to home Base. I didn't go there.
Speaker 4: Home Base was home base with the home base was with Jessica's Hip Hop.
Speaker 2: Ship saw House of Paying there and the ghetto girls. All right, So so.
Speaker 4: When you when you when you when you went to that club, if you went to like like say the Warehouse District, Dominoes will have a record, Ghetto jam out.
Speaker 2: I would post up the posters.
Speaker 4: For Dominoes coming to town.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Like that, I worked for Jessica like Enough, it was Flip Squad, it was Funk Master Flex Enough.
Speaker 2: Mad Wayne Baka recipes.
Speaker 4: I'm saying. DJ Buda Khan did the reggae, you know what I'm saying, and and biz Mark he was down for a second when he first started DJ Ship, he was down with Flip Squad. I used to hand out the flyers. She managed John Forte from Master Flex. First record was with Non Double lems Man from the Bronx on Nervous. The B side was a record called the Boom.
Speaker 2: Spot six Million Ways to Die. Yeah, the B sides put out that Nervous.
Speaker 4: The B side is John Forte.
Speaker 2: Hold on for all these new guys listening, we are getting real hip hop.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So if you listen to what was that I'm doing the record label He just said.
Speaker 9: Nervous, nervous to put out the wash black more.
Speaker 2: Truth.
Speaker 5: Oh man, this is real hip hop right now, get your Google get your Google's on continue.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So that's my start in the business was with John Forte Wow and fun Master Flex and Jessica Rosenbaum and she was working with Puff at the time. He was her partner at the time. You know when when Flex used to have the parties at the Palladium. People used to on Friday nights the Palladium. Matter of fact, I seen I seen ice Cube perform at the Palladium with Flex and King's Son came out Wicked and King Sun came out to Young Q that's my song that you stole.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like I was there for all that ship I seen. I've seen Trench.
Speaker 4: Challenge day Light song on stage because he was mad because they had the record when they they said so stick to your Nundy by Natures and your Pain.
Speaker 2: And when they was reading both on Tommy Boy, They're like classic moment. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I was at the Palladium for all those funk Master Flex parties.
Speaker 2: Flex. I was at the Pladium for some of them parties. I was usually kicked out. I know what you was doing. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, So how about you in high tech? Right right?
Speaker 4: So this is night like I'm a high schooler.
Speaker 2: In ninety two ninety three. This is what Jessica doing his parties. Okay, So I went to n YU.
Speaker 5: It's my wife, everybody peace, God damn it, She's coming in here to make sure everybody's.
Speaker 8: Acting correct, all right, party.
Speaker 4: I went to n y U and then I got and then I left, and then I started working at in Q Books.
Speaker 2: I was doing these uh.
Speaker 4: Book show shows, these bookstore shows with like Dead Prayers and Lord Jamon and you.
Speaker 2: And around ninety five, I went to l A.
Speaker 4: In ninety five, I was friends with Mike and nine for Freestyle Fellowship.
Speaker 2: He had moved to New York. He was signed to Keydr Mask Dr Entertainment.
Speaker 4: He moved to New York. Baby. I was working on Di'andelo and Erica by doing Micah at the time, hanging out with them, and then I went to LA to funk with him.
Speaker 2: I caught a hitch hiked to the day hold on time out. You're the first black man I ever heard you the word hit. But look I was back. I took a greathound bus from New York to l A. But you gotta got that from white people.
Speaker 7: You just you, Yeah, yeah, yeah, you just you.
Speaker 2: He wasn't in Brooklyn and flat Bossing Nigga Saidyoga, you got that from your white friend.
Speaker 4: I did Los Angeles at the bay Mystic Journeyman. Shout out to Mystic Journeyman from Bay Area. I met them at a club and at the Good Life Cafe in Los Angeles.
Speaker 2: And they told me come to the Bay Area.
Speaker 4: You're good.
Speaker 2: I hate popa collar. No, this is way before that, but in my mind when he said it, I just popped the collar.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, God, that was hella hyphee.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, I might have to ask you to get some more drinks. You got you gotta lose and you was shooting a video today. Let's make up your video you was doing on.
Speaker 2: That secret tip.
Speaker 4: Shout out to Nico as a chazz uh Van Queen shout a video for a song called good Girls today.
Speaker 2: Good girls. Okay, good girls. I meet good girls in the right places.
Speaker 3: Mm.
Speaker 2: My new album is called Torter Force.
Speaker 4: He used to be called very Smart to Force. I got electronic on it, I got walk a flock on it. I got Nori on it.
Speaker 5: He almost he's putting pressure on it. Let's make some nooys with Tyler bullying me.
Speaker 2: Let's do it. He's just drink chat to me on the drink. Cham what we do well? Tyler is my mama bum boy man. Like you know.
Speaker 5: One of the things that I know, I said it earlier, but I want to just reiterate it is I just want to show to people how cool you are. You know what I'm saying, a lot of people think you're so serious. Why you know, because you know why you do speak up for us?
Speaker 2: And you know. I remember me asking Russell Simmons one night. I said, your Russell, I want you to run for president and he said, I smoked dope before. And I said, Russell, everybody smoked weed before? Said no, normal, I smoked heroin. That's not.
Speaker 5: I've seen the show. I'm not, but I want you to run for New York City mayor. Are you mad at me from throwing that out there?
Speaker 4: No, I'm not mad at you know what? Local politics is better than presidential politics, you know what I'm saying, Like, so you could do you go do the New York City No, I'm not, because.
Speaker 2: You could do right here, drink chance radio running for Brooklyn City councilman.
Speaker 4: Like like the city councilman, the assemblyman, the school board, public service announcement. You got to vote for these people if you have kids and they go to school in your neighborhoods.
Speaker 2: That's the interesting that people miss. That's the part that people miss.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying, Like, I'm not I'm slacking on it because I don't even be in New York enough to do it, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: But I'm just a public service.
Speaker 5: Now, just one Senate and his and he's holly there. I think that I think that, you know, honestly, I know I'm playing around a little bit, but I think like people like jay Z Russell Simmons. I tell people who know politics, like me, I learned my politics.
Speaker 2: On Bill Moore. Like you know what I'm saying. If it's on Bill Moore, I know what's going on. Yeah, but his politics. But it's like this.
Speaker 4: I used to be the type of nigga this but you know politics, this footage of me talking about why you shouldn't vote.
Speaker 2: I'm not somebody.
Speaker 4: Who believes that you should just vote for the sake of voting. People be like people died for the sake of voting. Voting in America is a broken system. But I read I read Man and Marrable book about Malcolm X. And Malcolm X his ship was the ballot of Man and Marrable. He's a scholar. He wrote a book called The Reinvention, A life and Reinvention. It's a it's a book about Malcolm xIC come after Malcolm X's autobiographer. Oh wow, it's a good book. I sell it on my website, qualityclub dot com.
Speaker 2: The same as club. We don't sell any books in our day. We don't sell No. I sell hoodies and T shirts and hats. That the audio book with that, No, I'm working on that. A couple coming coming. But I got so he he changed.
Speaker 4: My mind when I read this book because Man, Man and Marrable wrote about how Malcolm X got with Adam Clayton Powell in the sixties. Adam Clayton Powell is famous senator from Harlem.
Speaker 2: They formed voting Black Adam Clayton, Adam CLA. Powell. You know what exactly, That's what I'm talking about. I got awkward. I'm sorry, but that's.
Speaker 4: That's real ship said, So Adam Clayton got with Malcolm X and they formed voting blocks. So you see the Irish people in New York and the Jewish people, they vote as a as a community. They get they they get their ship if they if they want some trash. The Cubans in Miami, they went to trash cleaned up. They want to stop sign whatever they want they get because they vote as voting blocks. As African American people, we don't do that. Adam Clayton, Powell, Malcolm X figured out how to do that. That's what convinced me that the vote is worse some you vote on me, not and as an individually. Because Electoral College ensure that all the white people and all the rich landowners, they all the people own land and rich people. The Electoral College make sure that they vote count more than the vote in California count more than the vote in New York because California is a bigger place and more rich people own land there.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: So, but if we get together and vote as a block, like the Cuban people in Miami or the Jewis Jewish people do in New York, then we can affect change, and that's what I'm down with.
Speaker 2: You know, I live. I'm gonna let you know right now. Yes, the hip hop community get together and vote for you. Now you're gonna take the job. God Son. We got people.
Speaker 4: We got Rasparaka. He was on a Lauryn Hill album. That's Amer Barack. I went to Cuba of Ross Barack.
Speaker 2: And I met Asda Core with Ross Baraka, and he's he's done there. He's the mayor of Newark, New Jersey right now. He was not there. Tupaca is alive when I went there.
Speaker 4: Uh Asada is there and shout out to Nahanda Abbiyo, she's dead.
Speaker 2: We went to Cuba. You know what I'm saying. But that's what I'm saying that You've been going to Cuba for a long time, but I went once one.
Speaker 7: You don't get to just know when that that helped us. You're in hip hop into.
Speaker 2: Listen, yeah, yeah, yeah, but look at that.
Speaker 5: You helped the Cubans go back to Cubook. Come on, make no doubt you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, We're gonna make it. We're gonna force man. I'm gonna start up. I'm gonna start up. What is it a petition? A petition. We're gonna hit everybody on Twitter every day. We need a hip hop man. That's the hip hop.
Speaker 4: But we got the from Jersey Jersey about Corey Booker.
Speaker 2: He's hip hop Corey.
Speaker 4: Rasp Barack is what I'm talking about. He ran against Corey Booker Back of the Day.
Speaker 2: He lost.
Speaker 4: Corey Booking more mainstream. Corey Booker is Corey book is good.
Speaker 2: He like Top.
Speaker 5: Good, Top forty and Homeboy is underground. That's exactly right, rasp Barock. But Corey books now, Cory book is a setting. Guys, he's gonna make it too far.
Speaker 2: Ras knew it.
Speaker 4: I'm going to rasp Baracker having a meeting and two weeks with Black Lives Matter, Me Rhapsody and Buster Rom's going.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. Shout out to rasp Rock. This makes some noise. Rasp Barck. Lord Hill with the album Lauren mis Education Lauren Hill.
Speaker 4: When he has the interviews where they got the principal talking to the kids, that's Rasparo. He run a school. He is a principal.
Speaker 2: He has a school official like a referee with a whistle. Now, what is the name Tyler? Shout out to my parents you know that's your name. Qual Green is my born name. So how bad is it you going through customs? After not?
Speaker 4: It was pretty bad, you know. And my d j's name is Hussein albu Becker.
Speaker 5: Was was was was musa Ab.
Speaker 2: But your niggas chose some of the Muslim names. He was born, he was Mussolini was born Muslim. Listen.
Speaker 5: So I used to travel with a person named Musa Abdella and Ali s Sammy.
Speaker 2: It wasn't great for me going through customers. I had to learn to leave them. But I had to be like yo, you know, yeah, you wait for your man and he'd be like, nah, that's not working, I'm saying. But after not eleven, I got stopped everywhere. But you look, what's the new nigga? I'm curing, you know, I'm sorry my niggas.
Speaker 4: Niggas started wrapping American flags around their head, like.
Speaker 2: For that's that that? This is crazy? So did you have problems going through customs or no? Yeah? I mean you know I got yeah, you know, I got the random search. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: But I had been used to it.
Speaker 2: By that time. I traveled the world a bunch of times. I was saying like that, it's different every country we got Russia. I got stopped by the everybody gets harassed Russia. Goddamn five.
Speaker 4: I got by this.
Speaker 2: Maybe not. I was f p whoa, WHOA. Hold on, let's get into this story ahead. Break look.
Speaker 4: I pulled up to the airport. They was like, they pulled me to the side, put me in the back room. They said, on this night, where was you? I was in cutting room studios, working on my arm quality. I was listening to Stokely Carmichaels speech Black Panther, Black Power. He was the one who showed in the era of black power.
Speaker 2: Knew this.
Speaker 4: They started talking to me about this. The reason they knew this is because when I booked my flight, I booked my flight with Jet Blue while I was listening to this speech.
Speaker 2: Are we supposed to make Are we supposed to make noise? With Jet Blue? Continue?
Speaker 4: They pulled me and they showed me a list of names, and all the names was blacked out except for my wife dj Q and my manager at the time, Corey Smith.
Speaker 2: Corey Smith, he and it's Vincent Stables. That's right. At one point, continue right, you're on.
Speaker 4: Point, they said, do you know these people had my manager and my wife's name. That's it. Everybody else was black.
Speaker 2: Guy.
Speaker 4: I said, I know them. I said, that's my manor that's my wife. I said, why do you got the people? They said, those are the people you travel with the most.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. I said, why do you stop it? They pulled me.
Speaker 4: They pulled me, they said they questions, asked me all these questions. They said, you was listening to a speech that seem violent and anti government.
Speaker 2: God. But where he was listening to the speech out.
Speaker 4: Again in the studio and cutting room, studio six seventy eight, just La the working when he was justin before, Just Blaze.
Speaker 2: When he was just when he was just my man. He's a Phillies for me.
Speaker 4: But that's when he was an intern. Just Blaze used to be up at night, late and night in the studio.
Speaker 2: Where it is, mom, I love your I love his grind. That's where. That's where I was at.
Speaker 4: And when I got to the airport. This was when jet Blue was first rememberh jet Blue was first cracking.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, I don't funk with Jet Blue. With Jet Blue, let's make some noise for United. I'm talking it is enjoys me. Back in the days, but they still had the t W A terminal back in just that was before Miles. Nobody had Miles. Back then, you can drink in the tecond floor. It's like, yeah, this is paper, my man, he just came home. We just came homess. He smokes clear paper.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is that official like this vegan like this vegan smoking?
Speaker 2: Is that like vegans? We have vegan smoke here, let's make some noise with vegan smoke. We don't know what it is. I got a vegan joke. I got a vegan joke. How do you know somebody a vegan? Don't worry. They fucking tell you vegans get the joke. Yeah, we didn't get the joke, all right, Tyler. I hate to switch the subject. I hate to ask you this, but you know what happened. We had the guard body Care on this show. That's my mentor, that's my that's my mentor. That's mention. Yeah, yeah, because you know why he didn't have a chance to defend himself. I know exactly. Let me let me what happened. I got an opinion on this. Let me let me. I got because because this is let me hear you take it. So this is this is the thing, right, care Rest is my mentor.
Speaker 4: He's Nigga from Queens.
Speaker 2: That's an extra that means extra more. And I said to him on the podcast, I always said that that means a lot.
Speaker 5: So what happened was I asked him about this question and care Rest is long winded.
Speaker 2: What I mean by long winded is he can't give cares he'll give you He'll give you a three minute answer, right. So what I wanted from care Rest was YO when I asked this question, and so when he didn't answer like that, I know the Internet, like you know, you know the Internet. So this is the reason why, because they're gonna they're gonna shorten it. No matter how which way I ask you this, they're gonna shorten it. You know what I'm saying, it's risk.
Speaker 5: So when I realized that Chris was going, you know, a little too far, I kind of let him answer, but I changed the subject. And the Internet is like gout off, that's one that does not care. As for I'm sure he was going to get to the point to say that that.
Speaker 2: This part and this part is wrong, but when he kept you know, prolonging. You know, I understand it. It's about like that, like you already see how we cut each other off. You know what I'm saying, because we already know we cut it up for one minute to thirty minutes and fifteen second clips. We got it already designed in our head, right, all right? So I asked, caris this question? I said, what should we do with African baan bada and the situation? Right?
Speaker 5: And Chris, you know, I don't want to say he defended them. He defended their relationship.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which is totally fine. But the Internet wanted him to say, boom, this is wrong.
Speaker 5: He's still my man. But if it's you know what I'm saying, And so I have to ask you pretty much the same question.
Speaker 4: Well, here's the thing, Okay, the language of political correctness evolves over time, and if you're not really engaged in paying attention like every second to the Internet and to the social media and what people are saying an academic language and how people are dealing with everything, for racism, the sexism, the child abuse, to everything. You may just talk and speak your mind, but because people receive a lot more information, they may not understand where you're coming from like you and me speak a certain language.
Speaker 2: Because we're from New York.
Speaker 4: You want me to speak a certain language because we hip hop, or because we minority, or because you know what I'm saying. Care Rest is an older gentleman and he's a teacher. He's a teacher, but he comes from a different generation. He comes from an older generation with a language and the paradigm and everything that they informed by is different than now. So the way that the language that he's speaking on current topics is different is why you hear older people speaking and you may not relate to them.
Speaker 2: He'd be like, oh, she's changed since then.
Speaker 4: So not only are you dealing with somebody who's older and somebody who's not engaged with the current language.
Speaker 2: But I don't think he understood the facts neither. But you also none of us knew the fact of us. Don't listen. Listen, But now we know the accusation. Caress is from a generation that's from before the Internet. He had a beeper still, he's from before the inn. Does not have a business people that his phone.
Speaker 5: I ain't gonna lie. I was embarrassed. I wanted I told him I was gonna buy him for you've been embarrassed on everybody's phone.
Speaker 2: I ain't gonna lie. I've been disappointed. You don't put.
Speaker 5: Cracks in school. As long as it's you're up to date. Cars Carress still had a two way two ways. I'm just playing, Cares. He knows like a joke on.
Speaker 2: Them, but ahead, But you know what it is. Here's the thing, Cares.
Speaker 4: It's clear to me, I'm gonna be one hundred percent honest. It's clear to me as as as a fan of care Rests, as someone who knows him personally, that he doesn't.
Speaker 2: Condone any of the accusations.
Speaker 4: Of course he of course he doesn't, even even with care Rests making a record like thirteen and Good because a lot of people have given him flack, A lot of flak has come back, has haunted him for this record that he did years ago that I wrote.
Speaker 2: I read his he read it.
Speaker 4: He wrote a whole op ad because of his drink Champs thing that I read. You know what I'm saying, And he said, he said a record that I did as a joke. We used to joke about rape and child abused.
Speaker 2: Back in the day. We used to use the word faggot with no remorse and no.
Speaker 4: We come from a if you older, we come from a generation where that wasn't taboo, that wasn't we wasn't enlightened, We wasn't involved evolved enough to understand what was wrong with those things, and we engaged in those things. When I was growing up, I.
Speaker 2: Used to word faggot.
Speaker 4: I called niggas punks right now, right now, like even the term man up. You know what I'm saying, Like you know what I'm saying. Like I grew up saying man up. I've told my son man up. But as a forty year old man, I made a decision to stop using that term because I realized it's sexist. I realized that in the Gates and the racist women when I say man up.
Speaker 2: But I'm still evolving.
Speaker 4: As a man. I'm still evolving as a man. And as we grow and we evolve, we do things as we're younger, you know what I'm saying. In the seventies, I watched TV shows and clips from the seventies and the eighties and early eighties where.
Speaker 2: People was getting away with shit that you put it on the internet.
Speaker 5: Now crazy, Now, you know what I watched the other day that was fucked me up.
Speaker 2: And this is real shit. Punker had no avenge of the nerds, revenge of the nerds. I remember three, he had four. Actually he had be with the other dude. So he went in there and he pulled he dressed as the other dude and he basically raped the chick. And that shit was funny. But if it comes out now, even came out now.
Speaker 7: That because he looked at the whole friends the rap pack, they was they.
Speaker 2: Want and that's like the good time the fellas. We gotta make a point because it's gonna look crazy. Got let's get to the point we're trying to make. Because make the point.
Speaker 4: The Zulu Nation and Terris One and all these people who come from a different error the way that they's I had to go.
Speaker 2: We're gonna make a point because listen, because listen, we went to we went to like a dumb area. We did. He's the smartest nigga here. We gotta make him make sense of this.
Speaker 4: Come on, nigga with yeah, I bet you.
Speaker 2: Dane is Jamaican. They got seventeen jobs. Two living languages, of course, any from London. Anything he speaks Jamaican from London, he spent.
Speaker 5: Let's make that point. Let's make the point. But we gotta make the point. You know, Listen, they're gonna fry you on the internet.
Speaker 2: You gotta tell clear.
Speaker 7: Fault.
Speaker 2: Listen. The response has to be responsible.
Speaker 4: Now, the Puerto Rican sister I referred to Rosa Clemente or DJ Cutting Candy and a bunch of people that they rock with. They fashion a response to the Zulu Nation accusations. Because let's be clear, there's still accusations. But even though the accusations, you have to take them seriously.
Speaker 2: You have to use the word victim.
Speaker 4: You have to say that these people are victims until proven otherwise, you know what I'm saying, Like, you have to take it seriously. African abouty should step down? Nation should should step up in a way that they have not stepped up before. Rosa Clemente and Cutting Candy they are they are female members of the Zulu Nation.
Speaker 2: They wrote a response that I retweeted on my account.
Speaker 4: If you google Cutting Candy, Rosa cl Mandy, Zulu Nation, you'll see they wrote the hip hop response that I co signed.
Speaker 2: A response from.
Speaker 4: Hip hop to the Alex This is what this is what hip hop is you know what I'm saying, Like they spoke about the silencing of victims. They spoke about how hard it is for victims of sexual abuse to speak up, and how it's taboo and how you ostracize if you're a victim of sexual abuse, and they spoke about all that, but they also spoke about how about it, how important he is to the coach.
Speaker 2: What I'm saying like, we can't with.
Speaker 4: Africa, Body and the Zulu nation, and we can separate if Africa.
Speaker 2: Has done done these things, and the evidence is pretty fucking strong, it's pretty strong. But if he's done these things, we can rememorate that from the Zulu nation trying to marriage it with the culture. Yea, Africa.
Speaker 4: This is somebody who as a as a somebody who loves hip hop.
Speaker 2: I've revered, I've looked up to. There's a cultural warship celebrity worship and around him.
Speaker 4: And people who worship him and people who because their introduction to hip hop and their relationship with hip hop is through Africa and Body.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, We have to stay away from celebrity worship. He's just a man. You know what I'm saying. We have to acknowledge what he gave to the culture.
Speaker 4: But if these accusations and allegations are true and the evidence present itself that is true, we got to deal with it and we have to we have to take it seriously and we have to be responsible because we we as we come from a community of poor people. This this abuse and this type of stuff, whether he did it or not, it happens to poor people and it doesn't get reported, you know what I'm saying. So it's like we have to make sure that we step up and be responsible for you know, even fuck the court of law, how we deal with its culture.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 5: You know what I want to I want you to elaborate on is when you said they think he needs to step down, because a lot of people in the community.
Speaker 2: I think he did step out. Uh.
Speaker 5: The brother Muhammad, which was like lifelong security guard, had just said the same thing. So I just wanted you to elaborate on for the people who don't know, you know what I'm saying, Like, what do you mean by that?
Speaker 4: Because well, because there's so much speculation and so much un answered questions that you're tainting the legacy of Zulu nation by not either speaking up about it or stepping down like I feel like.
Speaker 2: And I can't speak on that.
Speaker 4: Man because I'm not that man, but I feel like it was if it was me, even the possibility to accusation, whether I did it or not, I would want to disassociate myself from hip hop, from Zulu Nation and deal with it my own and stepped down unless.
Speaker 2: You know what the effect that it's having on yet.
Speaker 4: And that's just me. You know, I can't speak for that man at all. You know what I'm saying, have you right? Do I need another Drenk drink?
Speaker 2: Make some noise for that? But I don't know if people will kill me for making noise.
Speaker 5: But listen, you know, thank you, you know, to live because you know why Chris again, who was my mentor, I knew he kind of didn't understand that he got away.
Speaker 4: We got away from that. Yeah, christ is Chris. Chris is somebody I think I think I'm paying attention to what he said on your show. I think it was clear and I paid attention to his op edd and I gotta say this and this, listen, let me, let me Chris is a friend of mine. We have records together. This is my mentor, this is my favorite m This is somebody.
Speaker 2: Who I've learned you because I heard y'all together the night before. I did a show with him the night before.
Speaker 4: And honestly, I gotta say this, I wish he wanted and wrote that op ed or I wish he would have wrote it in a different fashion, because I don't feel like he cleared anything up with the op end right exactly. I don't feel like the op ed helped him, you know what I'm saying. I feel like I don't. I don't feel like he clarified his position. You know, I think, as somebody who loves hip hop and somebody who understands the impact of what Africa about It has done for hip hop, I think that his vision was a little clouded when he wrote the op ed, you know what I'm saying, And I think that he was coming from a place of nostalgia and a place of maybe possibly emotion. And because I think that, you know, the whole like conspiracy theory thing, like the whole thing like we shouldn't even be speaking, we shouldn't even be speaking on that, you know what I'm saying, Like.
Speaker 2: The Chase many it's.
Speaker 4: This or that, and I think I think that as as people who love music and people want you have everything, have context. Karass is somebody who hip hop saved his life. This is somebody who was homeless and rose to be one of the greatest poets and musicians of all time. Fuck a genre, fucking music. Cars is one of the greatest of all time. And I think, yeah, and I think that we're not You're not going to understand his position on it unless you understand hip hop.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: He wrote that odd he had just come off that long ass cruise, which is another We.
Speaker 2: Explained that on the show. It was like crazy because you know, I love Harris, that's my hero. Like, let me just say that it was that swarm was excellent.
Speaker 5: But you know, there's certain people that want to focus on that, and you know what, they have the right to because we're all public figures.
Speaker 2: People can just like this interview.
Speaker 5: We got some dope ship, and we're gonna go into some dope ship, but people get take and pick which they want.
Speaker 2: I can't wait to see what's out of pocket that's wrong. It's fantastic, don't worry about it'd be great.
Speaker 9: I love.
Speaker 4: I can't wait what it is, because you know I'm Iron claud I'm able to defend my positions every.
Speaker 2: I love that, I like Iron Cloud, Iron glad Clad. What does that mean? That means hardcore? Like that Iron.
Speaker 5: Cloud that you And I'm gonna say what that means? Yeah, what that means some Now Listen, you said it earlier Washington, this Whist Park.
Speaker 2: You said it very like nonchalantly. That's where you met Dave Chappelle. At No I met Dave Chapelle was working at the Q Books. You had a lot of jobs.
Speaker 4: I was a Jamaican, yeah, and I was dating a girl who shall remain nameless, and she had just broken up with Dave Chappelle.
Speaker 2: Wait, hold on, hold on, that's all. That's all.
Speaker 4: And she used to talk about him and I used to be.
Speaker 2: Like, but I was a hater on.
Speaker 4: The only only ship that Dave Chappelle ha did at this time was Nutty Professor.
Speaker 2: He was Reggie.
Speaker 4: On the Braids and I used to be like the nigga Reggie and did the nigga, then the piano nigga. He was funny, the nigga and the piano, the piano nigga him.
Speaker 2: He was hating on the piano nigga in the p M.
Speaker 5: Not Buddy Love, now Buddy Love the piano nigga.
Speaker 2: He got one scene she said yes.
Speaker 4: I said, look she broke up with me and went I think she went back with the nigga after that.
Speaker 2: Just keep it going, keep it going.
Speaker 5: Couple of ye a couple of years later earlier, I remain nameless.
Speaker 2: Definitely, he knows who I am.
Speaker 4: A couple of years later, uh Cory Smith used to manage Daily Song. Okay, Dave Chappelle lived in Yellow Springs. He grew up Yellow Springs, Ohio. UH Day also had a show near there. I went to the show. I was working with Hot Tech and Cincinnati, so yeah, I rode up to the show. Dave Chappelle was at the day La Soul show and and I saw him. I said, you and me used to deal with the same chick. By this time he had did have big though he had did have was it out? By this time it was out and it was a cold classic. But so this time, like Dave Chappelle, I fuck with you. You with the same chick, but I fox with you. And he said really, And I told him the story.
Speaker 2: I seem in the hallway and all that, but he didn't know who I was. He was like okay, and then we was cool.
Speaker 4: Then a couple of years later, I was in an Electric Lady working on the album of high.
Speaker 2: Tech Electric Lady on a street.
Speaker 5: Of course, I know, you know this is crazy. I've just seen a z do a documentary and he's speaking about Electric Lady because you guys were trying to get Jimmy Hendrix.
Speaker 4: Yeah, when I was working an Electric Lady, I was on the top floor. Common was on the second floor. We're going to like, what if a chop for j.
Speaker 5: Well, you remember that white cat. I used to want to shoot that white cat. We had a white cat an Electric Lady. I remember the White chicks, Mary no a cat.
Speaker 2: They had a cat. You know, you come Ondler, you know what the I'm talking about. They had a white cat. The cat used to just look at me like, yo, I'm a I have a gun on me. I'm still I'm.
Speaker 5: Still like I was gonna kill that Cat's.
Speaker 2: Right, it's a white cat. And they still always say that's Jimmy Hendricks said cat. Personal. You guys are crazy. Listen, first, this is Jimmy this is Jimmy Hendrick studio to Jimmy Hendricks was in the cat. So they said the spirit of Jimmy Ricks was in this cat. I used to go to the bathroom and you know, you can't ask to go with mad homies.
Speaker 8: You can't add the homies want me to the bathroom to look at you like the cat's next? What the fuck that cat? This cat was in?
Speaker 4: This was in the studio when in the studio Reflection eternal train of thought, He's in every studio was like whatever chocolate di'angelo was downstairs in the base more kid, you know this at the same time.
Speaker 2: And this is they say that Jimmy Hendrix. They say that you know that Jimmy Hendy had owned the studio owned. I swear to god, I never told this story.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: I thought about that cat years and you know this is why I know the.
Speaker 5: Cat is special. I'm allergic to cats. I never broke out when I went to the studio.
Speaker 2: I did bad from TV. There was recorded an electric lady, so I forgot the point you was making. But you was an electric lady. Electric lady.
Speaker 4: So if you listen to Reflection album, We're here drops right.
Speaker 2: There was this girl that I knew that was dating Lennox Lewis at the time. We're still on the Chapelle, right, she brought Lennix Lewis the studio. So if you listen to Reflection, he was dating Lennix Lewis. Girl again. Yeah, what kind of bigga are you? Tyler? I thought that was what she brought Lennox Lewis. That's your home girl, the whole girl, now my girl. He said it like, that's my girl. But I think he's the right way to guess, right, I don't know they got on. I can't tell you got the sidew We said it was very real. He's very.
Speaker 4: Now you listened to Reflection A Lennx Lewis, all right, he has one, two, three four Reflection Turner.
Speaker 2: Gil Scott Heron is on a Reflection Turnal album. He came to this problem. He came to studio Dave Chappelle.
Speaker 4: I'm walking on the street on a street going to like grat Grace for Pie.
Speaker 2: That's the hot dog spot for those that don't know.
Speaker 4: I see Dave Chappelle, I said, remember me from the Daylight Show. He said, yeah, I saw him working on the album. He came to the studio.
Speaker 2: Dave Chappelle came every day after that day.
Speaker 4: So when you hear Rick James and Nelson Mandela opening the reflection, that's Dave Chappelle doing all that, I'm saying, Yeah, that's Dave Chapelle.
Speaker 2: I did not know that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he came through and every day when we we High Tech did that album, Dave Chappelle was in the studio every day for that album. But this is this was right when Half Half Been, after Half Baked, this after happens.
Speaker 2: You know he is crack it. We don't know he's that, right, But this was before this was no Chappelle show, right right, right, So then how did that happen? Autumn years later he starts in Chappelle sho because you guys were performing for him, like even before his show blew Up, seemed like a family.
Speaker 4: Now he was in the studio for all that. He was an electric lady around all that time. And so he got the show and shout out to Corey Smith once again. Him and Corey had a good had a good relationship. He got to deal with Comedy Central. He said, I want to do the show, Chappelle Show, but one of his visions was I want to have the musicians that I fucked.
Speaker 2: With and then you'll perform in the kitchens. One time that was that was.
Speaker 4: Common and Kanye Okay, so he had I did. I didn't get by, you know what I'm saying, Like he had Big Boy, he had, he had d m X, whatever.
Speaker 5: He get two words to you performed that there.
Speaker 4: Whatever David listened to at the time, That's what he had on his show, you know what I'm saying, Like he was in the hip hop and then when he did Block Party and Block Party was it was. It was the best start hill. Yeah, Dave paid for that. He paid for that. We filmed it and then he sold it to the movie company.
Speaker 2: So he didn't know if he was going to be No, he didn't.
Speaker 4: We just we just did it.
Speaker 2: He just and I got I made royal.
Speaker 4: He's off of that. You know, for years, I can't remember my last royalty check, but for years I made money for.
Speaker 2: Black part So it was revolutionary.
Speaker 4: So it's like, Okay, as a black man, I'm gonna do my own ship. I'm gonna own it, I'm gonna put it out.
Speaker 2: So the nigga girl, you was fucking kept it real with you. High five.
Speaker 1: Come on, I don't know it worked.
Speaker 2: Out for her that awful. It's off.
Speaker 4: I'm regret I'm regretting.
Speaker 2: So now let me ask you this.
Speaker 5: You meet Dave, he's a regular guy, you're a regular guy. You guys both become stars. He makes you a part of the show. Then all of a sudden he quits. Do you did you ever call him about that?
Speaker 2: Or yeah, I was.
Speaker 4: I was hanging out with David around a lot of that time and all.
Speaker 2: The time that he quit. Yeah, you know, he you know, he was.
Speaker 4: In a situation where he felt compromised. He felt like the money that he took and the money they accepted made him they was taking advantage of.
Speaker 2: Him in like a cornery way.
Speaker 4: This heard, you know, like like a lot of the skids. They a lot of skids. Everybody loved Dave.
Speaker 2: Chappelle, but not everybody understood Dave Chappelle. Like and I'm hearing this is this is rumor that I heard.
Speaker 5: I'm hearing that it was from black folks like like Oprah.
Speaker 2: And maybe I don't mean.
Speaker 4: I can't speaking with that man, but but from what I observed observed, Yeah, you know, I think that his comedy, Dave Chappelle comedy like the best comedy, was very intellectual, right.
Speaker 2: Like people didn't understand the nuance of Dave Chappelle.
Speaker 4: Come from educated people. You know, he comes from black academia. You know what I'm saying, Like he come from heavy ideas and intellectualism. But it's broken down in a comedy way. And a lot of people got the funniness of it but didn't get the point.
Speaker 2: And I think, like starting I heard like Prince's Princess, but even even on some like press heard you got a prince story, I got several Prince God damn, come on, hold on, get the horn, all right, hold on, we gotta set we gotta set this up, all right, so hold on, time out quality from just switch it up. We always sit up. Horrible, man, this is horrible. But look, this is this is my I'm not cutting off. I'm actually I haven't cut them off yet. You just now see I sweat because you know you from Brooklyn. Yes, you had flat push all day. You had fifteen hundred jobs before you were sixteen fifteen hundred job choose one you become an EMC prince. I don't give a fuck. If you're a killer, I don't give a fuck. If you're a backpack, I don't fuck if you always Princess God to all of us. As far as making music and art, music, creative coaches, finest broads, yep, and your first time meeting press when you first described shout out to dj Q, my dj Q, I like, I like how you pick up your wife? God, damn it. High five? That's real, high five, real ship. Let's make some noise for that.
Speaker 3: L A.
Speaker 2: Right, yeah, she did a stretch arm armstrong. She was all right.
Speaker 4: Yep, she's she's a world class famous DJ, and Prince got to liken her DJ skills.
Speaker 2: She became a d a.
Speaker 5: Wife work with Prince. This is not starting out there. This is not starting out good. I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 2: I'm a jealous God, Prince, you listen, Prince, you got to get the fuck away. My wife is not doing your ma I'm sorry, he's not doing your makeup. Hold up, Prince, I'm sorry. No, she was DJ and his parties. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: And by this time when I met Prince, the first time I met Prince was maybe House of Blues.
Speaker 2: L A. She was DJ and that you know he did he float.
Speaker 4: Now, he didn't levitate the float.
Speaker 2: He didn't levitated a segar. He had a segway back then.
Speaker 4: Prince Prince knew his hip hop when I first met him, you know what I'm saying, Like he knew, but he knew certain type.
Speaker 2: Of hip he knew like Common.
Speaker 4: He like like Common and well I Am And it.
Speaker 2: Was like he likes certain things into something.
Speaker 4: He like hip hop, but he like hip hop that was a little bit more like organic what I'm saying, Like he like like Lauren Hill and you know, like Colm and like he really liked Common a lot, Like he's.
Speaker 2: A Common fan, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: And you know and and and Common is one of my favorite all. I don't know if Common Common might have worked with Prince. He liked Rikaba do a lot. You know what I'm saying, Like Prince I met Centric ship, Yeah, I guess yeah. So when I met him, he said I like that. He said, like I like that one song you got hot Thing.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I have sold will I Am hot Thing was on the hook and he like he liked will I Am Black Peas and all that type of ship. I started just hanging out doing parties.
Speaker 2: You know my wife.
Speaker 4: My wife would do parties.
Speaker 2: Prince would show up at the parties. He was just short hold on, how does this happen? Does Prince the smoke come in when he really walks in, Like yeah, I'm making no, no, walk in the party. He walking the party.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: I went to a party once in l A. What's that club that's across the street from the Beverly Center. The club this course, that's the name of it.
Speaker 4: Prince walked in. The club ended and Prince kept a bunch of us in the club and at gunpoint, not a gun point, but he's Prince.
Speaker 2: He gave to look almost point, and everybody stayed.
Speaker 4: He pulled out a little Bible.
Speaker 2: Wait, Prince, bring a bible. He's Jehovah's witness. Yeah, wait, and Jehovahs witness. They get down like that. He started having Bible studies. Don't drink. Three in the morning. Was niggas drinking?
Speaker 4: There was no niggas there. It was the only women and me because my wife was DJ, so I was the only nigga. And there was one other dude who was a boyfriend of one of the other girls. So it's Prince and me and this other dude.
Speaker 2: Don't pass it. This is other niggas passing it back to me.
Speaker 4: I got you and this other dude, Princes, Princes, he's caught in the Bible, and this other dude tried to say something smart.
Speaker 2: And now the other dude is he's not with Prince. No, okay, he just happened to be there.
Speaker 4: He tried to say something, and Prince, I'll never forget this, Prince said, Listen, I know you think that you're saying something to add on to the conversation, but you really you know what I'm saying. From what you're saying, I can tell you don't know what you're talking about.
Speaker 2: So how about you just not participating in Prince about the whipping nigger ass? But I'm asking you he was, He politely told him, you don't know the fuck you talking to. Did Prince have on hills?
Speaker 4: No? He did not.
Speaker 2: He did not. I've been I've been in several clubs, Prince, keep just keep going home dispriends stories. I went to the club. Remember do you remember the Zeni.
Speaker 7: La.
Speaker 2: They used to have the party called Zeni They used to happen.
Speaker 4: I have beg Zeni before at two o'clock in the morning, the clubs in LA clothes. And then this dude used to have this party called Zeni. We rented a warehouse. He used to rend the Muppet studios Jim Henson right, and he.
Speaker 2: To know these type of people I live come and party with. I'm bad.
Speaker 4: I know, yeah, big big bird, Ernie and Bart and Burt and Ship.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. But he's got these parties. But they used to bring the alcohol. And he used to set up stages and.
Speaker 4: Have go go dances, and all the celebrities used to go, and all the basketball players and what I'm.
Speaker 2: Saying like that's like it was. He's definitely I live in l A. Prince called my wife and he said where the party at and we said, we have Zeny. He said, I'm coming, and this nigga just rolled up and I told I had the privilege to tell him to promote. I said, listen, I'm bringing Prince. I got a Justin Beaver story.
Speaker 4: When you finish, I'm bringing Prince.
Speaker 2: The hell is just a Beaver and Prince going together? Because Justin Bieber said that what Prince hain't the only nigga around it. Remember this, No I did. I don't remember. Get into that, get into that. This great fans hate when to be cut us off.
Speaker 3: They like.
Speaker 4: Prince came in the club right the girl was dancing, and he said, this party is great, but why is she up there dancing with no clothes on?
Speaker 2: She was, she had clothes on, she things covered, But he.
Speaker 4: Said, why she just don't need to be done, you know, because this is Jehovah, Jehovah's witness, Prince.
Speaker 2: This is not the last dragon Prince, because it is not like Prince Buck while back in the days in the eighties, he was out of control.
Speaker 4: So I said, listen. He asked me to introduce him to the party promoter. I introduced him, and he said he explained to me. He said, listen, these girls that they bring business people buy drinks. Prince, let me talk to her.
Speaker 2: To convert it.
Speaker 4: Let me talk to her. I need to, I'm saying the girl. He talked to the girl. The girl didn't know who Prince was. Young chick, young chicken dancing the club. She might have heard the name Prince, but.
Speaker 2: She didn't know She's gonna die at night. This is a long time ago, the old story. Bite she turned. He said.
Speaker 4: He said, how much are they paying you to be in to dance with your clothes off?
Speaker 2: She said the number.
Speaker 4: He said, I'll pay you double to get down off that stage.
Speaker 2: Go home. Let's make some noise of a Prince being a trick? Was that reverse pimp that's reverse put your clothes on? Prince invented reverse pimping.
Speaker 4: She said, I'll take you money tonight, but what am I going to do tomorrow night. That's what this girl said to Prince. I wonder his response.
Speaker 2: What was his responds? He said, I don't have no control over that.
Speaker 10: That's I got you to my your mother fucker. I'm not going to call him verbatim he was besides that one line.
Speaker 4: Besides that one, he did say that NETI, But beyond that, he basically explained to her. He was like, listen, I'm giving you an opportunity to make a different decision in your life. I'm saying, I watch him explain to this girl and talk to the girl, and I knew from the way that she was talking to him that she didn't understand the legacy. She didn't understand she was just like, Okay, Grin has had.
Speaker 5: An album covered with like three bitches Buttnecker on top of him.
Speaker 2: Maybe some dudes, and everybody thought he was gay. He wasn't ready for your princess. God. He stuck to his guns and he understood every artist.
Speaker 4: And me and Nori the fact that we even hed here doing drink champs smoking, we.
Speaker 2: Talking about what we understand. That every artist got contradictions. Nature of being an artist, there's one to be true.
Speaker 4: The person that we revere is the most contradictory artist ever, but we were. That's part of being human, like you said, being because all human beings got contradictions.
Speaker 2: Artists are.
Speaker 4: Contradictions is amplified because people pay more attention, you know what I'm saying. But everybody got contradictions. Artists, We just we create out of our contradiction, right.
Speaker 5: But Prince, I feel like it was like Jesus man, listen me tell you something I've never like, Billy d Williams transcended for me. Like what I mean by that is like Billy D Williams, Eddie Murphy, Prince and Michael Jackson was people who were like, you know, I grew up in a different, you know, a different time like that he do Billy D Williamson, that's a hood nigga, you know, with Michael Jackson and.
Speaker 2: Prince and then they said Billy D.
Speaker 11: Those were certain people. Know, those were certain people. I still go Rizzy in his secondary. That's a smooth Dyn in my taste now.
Speaker 2: But you know, for those, those those four individuals right there, those are the people who transcended life for me. There are the people that no, no, no, no, give it over here. That's right, I'm sorry, let's keep it over here. So those are the people that transition in their life.
Speaker 4: For me.
Speaker 5: What I mean by that, it's like, you know, as a black person growing up young in my life, I can't describe anybody else here or anybody in my life. It was like, those are the people that said you can't do this, you can't do that, and they did it. And I was just like I always looked at them and it was like, I ain't got to be like them, but I respect that, you know what I'm saying. And that's why when I met with people like Pharrell, it was easy for me to say I don't understand you, and I don't really I don't really get.
Speaker 2: Where you're going at, but your music is fucking big. How did you meet Sorell? That's how I met Morel almost well, how I met Forrell. We was in sound on sound studios. Everybody used to say everybody used to think biggies used to be called at daddy's house. Something happened at daddy's house.
Speaker 5: I don't remember, but big, but Big used to come to sound on sound studios and he used to have upstairs or I used to have downstairs, and I.
Speaker 2: Used to see Biggie after the worried port. I shoed to see Biggie like almost every day I'm working on in our and uh a friend of mine's uh he was my manager at the time. I believe Martin Moore to say, Marre y okay, because that's part of we're gonna get to that. When I was fourteen, people don't realize the skits on the.
Speaker 5: So he discovered me. He his god have got me signed. But Martin Maure said to me, he said, yo, these dudes they up here, they trying to work with puff and so I was like, all right, cool, like I had to.
Speaker 2: I had that, you know what he says niggas on them. The whole album was done. So he comes like trilogy, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: So he comes to sound on Sound and he goes and I just I just remember I met some dude in Canada just now reminded me of for real.
Speaker 2: He was trying to be for real, but he reminded me for real because it's in an attitude, not not that to that he was trying to show me, but his inner attitude. But Caro actually came up to me and said, yo, nobody never listens to me. I was like, that was awkward, Like that was his first sentence, like, nobody nis listened to me. The person that does is going to go through the roof.
Speaker 5: And I'm walking, I'm hot, but I'm like something something in my body said shut up and listen to this guy.
Speaker 2: So I listened and he goes the first person that listens to.
Speaker 5: Me I've worked with other people and then so and then he started quoting Bloody Money to me, and I was like damn. I was like, all right, cool. You know I'm looking at him. He don't look like a Bloody Money type of guy. He's not supposed to be knowing that song off the album.
Speaker 2: And he gets me. I should at that album War Report, that basement. I was just telling you about. That's what I used to listen to, Copona Noriega, The War Report. Tyler, how old are you? Like nine hundred years?
Speaker 4: I'm forty this year and especially and then joining to forty. I can't wait to see what forty one feel like.
Speaker 2: This is incredible about forty one. Yeah, fish, get your five. But he wasn't really what you like. I started thinking about keep my grades. You look whatever it is. So yeah, let me just ask you're gonna get men's men's club. Yeah, let me tell you some weird ship that happened. I'm with you real talk. I would like to hear it. I was with my girl, went to the pick up your girl. We took her. Let's make some girl.
Speaker 9: We took her grandma to the casino for mother. Grandma her grandma. Okay, god, because you know, to play the joints. So I go to the bathroom and some dude, I think I think he's Jamaica.
Speaker 2: We're draining that. I think he's Jamaican. Did you know he had an accent? I couldn't place the accident. It was somebody that could have been in Canada. I don't know.
Speaker 7: I'm there, I'm washing my hands, and the dude in and he just looks at me and he said, you're not gonna die your beer.
Speaker 2: That's his first that's what when you're at the urine. No, no, I would And I said, uh no, I don't like it. I don't like to die.
Speaker 7: I don't like none of that ship. He's like really but man like pencil like he's thinking.
Speaker 4: Because he was thinking about dying his ship.
Speaker 7: And he's older than me. I could tell he's older than me. So I'm like, all right, cool, is that it? Because I'm out of here, bro? And then he's like, looks good man.
Speaker 4: I was like, you saved his life that night. You gave him confidence. I don't know what happened, let him let his die just fade out, gave him confidence.
Speaker 2: He looked at me, crazy man. That's my story. So when's the last time you spoke to y'all? Bay? I know that, Yeah, yeah, yeah. About about a month ago, I went out of South Africa. Wait, hold on time, let's make some noise flows on us one more time. I went out to see y'all.
Speaker 4: Seeing you, I went out there and hang out with him, mister Ferrari Shepherd.
Speaker 2: And you know, yah, see bay Is you know, he's a he's a beautiful dude. Like this dude is like you know, he's like, you know, he's Muslim and a lot of his a lot.
Speaker 4: Of his music in his stance has to do with incorporating Islam, trying to figure out that living.
Speaker 2: As a as a Muslim but living in come back to America.
Speaker 4: I can't speak on this situation at this particular time, but I know that he he hasn't wanted to be in America.
Speaker 2: For a long time. He doesn't want to come out here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, regardless of his particular political situation in South Africa.
Speaker 2: You know, as you notice and be here in a minute, he cats still travel to London and okay, yeah, and I think that he I'm appalled, you know.
Speaker 4: He he is somebody who exists completely and totally outside of the music business. He exists as an artist like funk the business. He exists as an artist, as a creative.
Speaker 2: Spirit like this is this is real? Like this is real? Like I'm not Muslim.
Speaker 4: I want to tell you, I don't you know, I respect Islam, I respect I respect people anybody who search for truth.
Speaker 2: So what would you claim if somebody would ask you what? I'm just me?
Speaker 4: You know, I recognize the God and all like that. If you recognize the God in yourself, I recognize the God in you.
Speaker 2: So everything, every religion, and I'm every gang too. Yeah, but that's how you gotta bee. Whoever I'm hanging with. I'm a vice lord. If you understand, you understands the theory to one. He's every game, everything everything, you know everything.
Speaker 4: But but this is how this, how this is y'all seen by Like I'm out there and and and he's I'm talking to him and he's quoting verses from the Quran.
Speaker 2: And in South Africa that just stay in hunts. No, no, no, South Africa is mad develops. South Africa is the most developed countries. Is a w out there. There's no w W building. There's some nice hotels and some nice spots that I'm.
Speaker 5: Got the Western they got a whole different system all.
Speaker 2: Can you name me one hotel otherwise South Africa change change the chain hotels. You can go to a Sheraton, Sheritan. I canuck with THET Star Wars that's what you can. You could get a Star Wars four points Sheridan, that's a difference. That's a difference. I don't want to point, but but all points running.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna put you onto the to the boutique hotels, into the official spots outside of the SPH.
Speaker 2: You're very You're very rich. I can tell by the way you just just put can somebody, I'm not rich. I'm not no, no, no, I'm a working classroom C. Who figured out I cracked the cold. I've seen Jay damaging. That's no.
Speaker 4: You know what's funny about you saying that when I when I say I'm a working classroom c.
Speaker 2: The image that I put j damage. Listen, let me tell you something. I seen jaw the damage that I knew he was gonna get drunk. He's my man. Yeah, he gets bent. You know that.
Speaker 11: I know.
Speaker 2: The same block you know. I said, Jabe, where you been at? A nigga said, man, I just stay in Europe.
Speaker 5: I get this money. He pulled out a passport that looked like a phone book. My nigga, let me explain. Let me let me this nigga, jarew the damage to live in Berlin.
Speaker 2: Listen. I went to Berlin, Big Berlin. My grimmy people.
Speaker 11: What specta you go to you see a post, You see posts everywhere.
Speaker 2: Nigga, that that one is terrible one. I'm sorry, I'm sorry. Ja live in Berlin. I'm sorry. That was we needed a proper horn for you. Betting at Berlin was gonna let them give you a fake horn. They were getting that. He getting that fucking that fucking tear down the war money. Yeah, man, that nigga passport was like this. No, j I went the first time I went to South Africa, I went with JJ. I went with j R. To Dammage. You that's it. I'll be cool. I'll be in certain countries. I'll be in like Croatia, some ship. I'm in a club. Just pull up and tapped me on the shoulder. Living Jarroal living Malmo. He live in Malmo, Sweden.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Malo Malmo is a half hour from from Copenhagen Hagen, Denmark. If you go to Malmo, Sweden, you hang out with Jay Road alcoholics. But this is a fratern a working class and cs that are all over the world. I know where all they at. I know I know where they at. I travel the world.
Speaker 2: I see them. J row Uh push your man Elder safe artifacts.
Speaker 4: That's another one. That's another one. Master Aces in Italy right now, Master Ace and Marco Polo in Italy.
Speaker 2: Right Why do like y'all revolution because I would consider you a revolution every activist hip hop type of god. Right. But like your biggest crowds is white people.
Speaker 4: Yes, that happened because white people have money and they can afford to come to the constgas, the hook niggas, the hood don't have money.
Speaker 2: They can't go to concerts. They just be in the hood.
Speaker 4: White people be like, they look in the Village Voice and they look in the in the time out in New York and they'd be like, I want to go to concert they have some extra money spent and I'm gonna go to concerts.
Speaker 2: I like Tyler Carles a good job.
Speaker 4: But you know that's that's a good thing. That's a good thing because hip hop music is folk music. It don't matter if you white, black, Jubiterarian. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I'm speaking Jubiterian. I'm with you. Let me get a high five Federation. Understand that sounds.
Speaker 5: Right Upguage, I'm using it, Jubiterian.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, continue hip hop.
Speaker 4: Speaking the language that people speak right now, you know what I'm saying. So hip hop the reason hip hop is united more cultures than any music and than any fun music. Hip hop is united more cultures than any force anything in the history of the planet. More white people, black people, brown people, yellow people, white people get together over hip hop music than anything, you know what I'm saying. Because hip hop speaking the language that we all speaking, it's speaking in language is going on right now.
Speaker 2: So when NOI came out like what what what what? That's what niggas was on the street saying at the time. Foul, That's what niggas saying.
Speaker 4: And whatever niggas is saying right now, whether it be Panda or whatever and whatever whatever is going on, that's what's happening.
Speaker 2: Right now, and it makes it make it to a record. Country music is like that. Folk folk music is like what was like that? But folk music is not a popular art form like it was in the seventies.
Speaker 4: But country music is like to be besides country music.
Speaker 2: And I don't fuck the country music.
Speaker 4: I'm not a country music fan, but I recognize, real recognize really you know what I'm saying that the country music is about struggle, it's about white people struggle.
Speaker 2: American storytellers. In the music. It's beautiful and it's it's similar to hip hop in that regard.
Speaker 4: But hip hop is our ship, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: That's right, hip hop is our shit. Golf brooks in them niggas. They got a struggle. Country music that's golf works this country, is it right? A horse ran away? Yeah, like I mean like it's definitely their version of reality. You know what I'm saying. Music, I'm gonna tell you what. I'm gonna keep it all, keep it all over. He change.
Speaker 4: It's music made by uneducated people. And I'm not saying uneducated as a judgment.
Speaker 2: He was about to take some of that.
Speaker 5: Dame Dash Whiskey, by the way, you people, you people out there, let people know we got Dame Dash Whiskey on the table.
Speaker 2: Yes, and we're representing for you, Dame Dash. Shout out to Dame Dash.
Speaker 4: That's my nigga.
Speaker 2: Now now I heard I heard a rumor that even but let me feel you get into that. Let me just qualify my statement before.
Speaker 4: But but I say uneducated, I'm not meaning a disc I mean people that don't receive the standard westernized traditional education.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, Like.
Speaker 4: Niggas might have dropped out of high school but can still run the world. Bill Gates didn't graduate from college but still made a lot of money. You know what I'm saying. Like when I say uneducated, uneducated, it's not a judgment. But there's white people in the South that didn't have the traditional education, you know what I'm saying. Like even the term nigga, Like even the we're niggas political for ustyle, I'm about to.
Speaker 2: Quick, real quick quick.
Speaker 4: Even the term nigga was white people not understanding how to pronounce the Spanish negro negatro, nigga, it becomes it was niggro negative niggas the South Spain right right right, so they it became nigger over time. That's where the word nigga come from. It comes from not having a Western standardized education, you know what I'm saying. So when I say uneducated, it's not the distalbody. So okay, all right, so.
Speaker 2: Now we heard a room on that Kanye. I think Kanye's first feature was like with you, Is that correct? Yeah? I used to fuck with Kanye back in the days way before. Does that mean you don't funk with him now, Yeah, Kanye is my nigga. I'm I'm a Kanye West fan. Was the first time you met you met Kanye? The first time I met Kanye?
Speaker 4: I was king on my quality album, the album that get buys on. I was in Platinum Platinumland studios.
Speaker 2: He came through No Idea or Platinum Island Studios. A walk left used to own that.
Speaker 5: It's like before, that's Platinum Studios, that's Platinum Okay, so what studios?
Speaker 4: Platinum Island, which was Ken dureau Eiffel du du Duro used to be the head engineer at Platinum Island. Platinum Island was in the same building or across the same next door to common room was next order to roucous.
Speaker 2: Okay, oh down down right right right, thank you.
Speaker 4: I'm working at Platinum Land Studios. Uh huh, and Kanye West come through the door.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 4: I'm doing a session from a quality album and I'm waiting a Most Death to show up because Most Death we have a song on my quality album called Joy. I'm wrapping about my kids and my kids birth and Most Deaf is on it. It took him a long time to record his verse by this time, he was doing movies. He was blowing up, so I'm trying to get a touch of it. Was hard to get in touch with him. Kanye came through the door. I never seen this nigga, never heard this nigga. He said, I'm here to meet most Death. I said, well, guess what.
Speaker 2: He might not show up. But who are you? He said, Mosteff told me to meet here? Meet him here. I got some beats, I said, play me the beats. I'm a gonna album.
Speaker 4: Kanye played me the beasts. Every beat that Kanye blame me. He played me four beasts that night. All them beats made it.
Speaker 2: To my album. Just make some noise for Kanye being a savage, I said, yo, I said, who, I said, now them beats. Kanye, you the nigga. That's that's why he got an ego, because Nigga came in. He pitched you for you from every time Kanye knew anything fucked up, were blaming. Makes some noise for Tyler.
Speaker 4: I couldn't believe how good these beats was because I had never heard of him.
Speaker 2: So I'm like, how have I never heard of you?
Speaker 4: In your beats of this quality? He told me he said, I did beat on uh d Angeletti album. Yeah, I did beats on Jermaine Dupre album fourteen seventy two.
Speaker 2: I did beats on Beanie Siegual.
Speaker 4: He told me he did the Truth and then the Reason Truth, all that, all that Beatie segull ship.
Speaker 2: But he said that. That's when I was like, play me some ship.
Speaker 4: So he did the Gorilla mans Shoe rap, the good to You to get by all that ship on the Quality album and I just was And then when I went on tour, Common was on tour doing Electric Circus. I was opening act.
Speaker 2: Kanye was like, I'm trying to get my music out there. Niggas ain't fucking with me. I said, I said, come on toward me. He came on toward me. He came out every every way. Wait, you brung Kanye, Kanye when you just made some noise to bringing Kanye on t Yeah, he's too humble to say that. I'm gonna say it for him. Listen to you ever heard the tag of bout Yes I have I know about You're not gonna take a shot from New York City.
Speaker 4: I'll take a shot.
Speaker 2: Hold on, We're gonna let you finish your story. First, we need Kanye out. He break it down. We're gonna do it. Last call, he break it down.
Speaker 4: He say, he say Tyler brought me on tour, perform on the tour and ship like.
Speaker 2: Did he say that?
Speaker 4: He say that on the last on a song on College Dropper, he explained the whole story. I brought him on tour.
Speaker 2: Did you know he was crazy from the beginning?
Speaker 4: Oh, listen, I was when Kanye West, when I first met him, I said, hold on, y'all, hold this nigga plained me.
Speaker 2: Jesus Walks when I first met him. Wait the first day you met him? He played the first day, maybe the first month or so. Okay, beat or lyrics song done. This is four or five years before the Ship came out. This nigga played me. He played me, Dear Mama, No, dear Mama, the hey Mama. I said, I've never.
Speaker 4: Heard nothing so beautiful in my life.
Speaker 2: He played me that. He played me Jesus Walks, I said, And it was the Vergon that came out.
Speaker 4: This is this is before he had a deal, before College drop Out. He played me, Jesus Walks. He played me A bunch of a bunch of those songs, A bunche of those songs. But I remember Jesus Walks and the Hey Mama. I said, you need to put these ships out now. He said, no, no, no, that's what nigga said. He said, my first album.
Speaker 2: Is before he had a deal, no deal, He knew what he wanted to do.
Speaker 4: He said, my first album is called College Dropout.
Speaker 2: These songs.
Speaker 4: My next album is called Late Late Registration. That the that Jesus Walks, and I mean the Hey Mama, that's gonna be a late registration. Wow, Jesus Walks, Jesus Walks gonna be Jesus Walks again, cad from College Dropout. But when he put it out, Jesus Walks was a single. He says it on the song, this is my single. Dog radio needs this, he says it on the song.
Speaker 2: And you knew, and you knew, like did you know he was a genius? So you just knew.
Speaker 4: I couldn't to be real with you because they heard a niggas used to distance tell him everybody had the hot beast, but niggas be he was trying to sell himself as an artist, and niggas like, we want your beasts. But and I used to be like he was.
Speaker 2: He used to be on a tour bus with us.
Speaker 4: He husedd be rhyming and he's rom all the time everything. And you come in the room, somebody knew coming the room, he kicked a rom like say, I kicked around for you. Somebody new coming the room.
Speaker 2: He gets kicking the rom again for the new nigga. He was annoying. Sometimes it's annoying. It's thirsty. It's thirsty, thirsty, right, but he was he had no balance, but he knew he was going. He knew he was.
Speaker 9: Going sometimes being thirsty. He listen, when we did we was you know my team. We did the street team for depth jam Rockefeller.
Speaker 2: Stopped that stopped that stopped that sound and so I'm gonna stop passing week give it away? What was I mean? I mean an interview moved? Come on?
Speaker 5: And what was the single that he had the joints, when he had the when he got the wire through the wire?
Speaker 2: That was it with? What was what was homegirl? On the old school?
Speaker 5: G Shock Shuka Khan, Wait, wait, hold on, hold on, nobody asks for shots to Tiger bone.
Speaker 2: Hold on, come on, did you say I got I got? I gotta make an appearance at a club. We had a video right now this hold on standing up.
Speaker 7: I gotta give my Kanye story. I wanted to give you a car. It's not wanting to half Kanye story.
Speaker 2: Because this is gonna suck everybody like that. Did we drink this? You don't drink water water. We don't like you to drink chance water because I do drink water. What I get some water? We got water water extra HP.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's aloha Accoline Real Real Drink Championship, Real Drink Championship.
Speaker 2: Because this is how you really do a drink Champs. You drink water, so you keep drinking a hundred. Let's make some noise to live trying to be smart. There's no they're smart about this shot about to take. I'm gonna just throw it out there. Water. You gotta tell your story. The story is whacked now, by the way. But why we was doing We did the promo shot. Gigs was not here. We did deaf jam Rockefeller water water going. Don't take that shot yet. Don't take that water. I got you, but I think you should take to take the water off the drink Champs, drink water whatever, drink can't drink water, brou the gamlet all right, cool o g wisdom. We need to be hydrated, man, so we can keep drinking. I'm gonna let you get away with this right now. Man, you I want you to drink water because I care about you. You know what, the I can't the whole toll. There was like three people who just said that they can't drink water. I'm just layded and just like my story, go ahead, get to it. The story is whack now, but you just forgot your story. No, no, no, I't forget about I was doing this.
Speaker 7: I was the street team manager for Miami for Deaf Jam and Rockefeller, and nobody believed in in Kanye Rocket right, so.
Speaker 2: They did not. He leaked that record head I remember that, and then he he paid for the video.
Speaker 4: He paid, he paid for the radio promotion and he look.
Speaker 2: At that niggas changing the rules for you. They got water and ship my story. I'm sorry, I'm sorry, ball go ahead. So he leaked the record. He and he went to the He went to the He went to the Mix Suore Power Summit in Puerto Rico.
Speaker 7: I was there.
Speaker 4: I was and we performed that Common was there and most of then and at the window resort in Puerto Rico Real del Mar.
Speaker 2: He's still ruining my story. Yeah, aad we forgot, so he.
Speaker 7: Organized out of pocket. He told all the reps. I wait, wait, hold on hold, I'm sorry, Jesus Christian.
Speaker 4: I'm talking about in his song with jay Z and Kanye and the song when they say uh uh uh DJ and Puerto Rico for three days though, that's what you're talking about.
Speaker 7: About.
Speaker 2: Get your story. I'm trying to.
Speaker 7: Continue, So you organize the conference call. He gets on the call and it's Kanye the way we know Kanye. He said much it is hot, and the guys to take it to the radio. I'm coming to every market, be ready and early.
Speaker 2: On my tour. Nobody knows when. Look how he I like the way he threw that.
Speaker 1: He came on my So let's make some noise for.
Speaker 2: Respect for Kanye. We all got mad respectful Kanye Geminus. I have way more respectful. I don't know why the table just moved. I moved whatever you you got super heroes? Stress, this is crazy. Alright, listen, all right, listen, I'm gonna be honest.
Speaker 4: Be honest.
Speaker 2: I don't think he was lying before no, but.
Speaker 5: No, I'm gonna be honest. I took a shot with this with care rests one after the show.
Speaker 2: That's impressive.
Speaker 5: After the show, he was my man. I did investigation on him, like you, I hit you straight up.
Speaker 2: You said you like Hennessy like the Dark, so I wouldn't like dark. I said whatever dark right? He said whatever? But I did you know, care Rest, I did a real investigation, said, beef, what a relief? When were this poison in this product? Cease definitely took it to a different angle.
Speaker 4: But I'm with that.
Speaker 2: I at with that as well. But I studied care Rest and I knew he liked it My ties right, so we had the people, So we had the people at the like. It just was my fucking pleasure like a person I grew up listening to even though I'm from Queens. I told him the Criminal Ny. It was the only two songs I couldn't listen to because of my you know, my loyalty if But now so I through the investigation, I found out he likes my ties. We get the guys to make the best my ties in the world. We give them enough of we do it. So I had already run. In my mind, I think we had a drunk caress one and we had a.
Speaker 5: Drunk Cares, but I had one like in my mind it was like this is dope because it was dope interview. We had a little side step with the you know the way he answered this is okay, I've defended him.
Speaker 2: The next this is my brother. You know, I love him. It's like my lyrical father, you know what I'm saying. But I did take the shot with car Arres after the podcast. Now, with that being said, this is my during the podcast. No, it was after. Now.
Speaker 5: Now we're doing a shot of tiger bone during the podcast. Now, so I must warn you when did we get sushi with this? When I took the shot with Krres.
Speaker 2: He's my his next started sweat. I knew he was drunk. There's no way your next sweat unless you drunk. I kind of when O g ship when you're next sweat? So if our next sweat, We're going to end this interview early, all right, But we got to yo.
Speaker 5: He hates this ship and hey man, you know, listen, we got to show you how we do this live drink.
Speaker 2: I ain't gonna front this chair is killed myself. I've been I've been trying to draw less. Feel like I was sitting on the pocket. Let me tell you something.
Speaker 7: This podcast is ruining my career and your liver, everything, everything everything.
Speaker 2: You know, when somebody tweeted me the other day said thank you knowing for sacrificing your liver. People's life. So my liver, man, I saw my liver. All right, listen, So this is how we do it, all right. I think that was your drink. I don't know which one you got. You got to Tyler, all right, you gotta take their glasses off.
Speaker 4: Just for this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, we gotta see your sideways. This is Tiger Bowl man. You're from New York City, you know, all right, repect boma. I used to I used to drink sing up. This is three thousand alright, I'm done, alright, come on, I have you has to Yeah, where you at? Sonny? Shot?
Speaker 3: Right here?
Speaker 2: There's your second shot? Okay, I'm taking right now, got it? That was not fair? Where my water? Now? Holy water?
Speaker 7: This is disgusting man, yo, But why you keep drinking this ancient tiny secret?
Speaker 2: Bro? You know somebody gave me a water they just here. Yeah, well you gotta take my ship. Sorry. Yeah, man, don't take another one ty left. You can't. You can't. That's your that's the other one that's for the coaches. Want to make sure that my pocket and take away for the coaches, for the culture. Don't take another one left. So now now I just want to stay standing. Now. I want to stay standing to you. Gonna stand up there? Yeah, yeah, you can stand up. I'm alright. What happened behind and I'm gonna sit down. So I'm gonna stand up right now. I'm gonna stand up and stand up to this ship.
Speaker 11: I told you to you right now.
Speaker 2: I told you Tago bhone change your life, man, you changed your life.
Speaker 5: Everybody has a tiger bone story about me.
Speaker 4: You notice that, Like when you don't see you, you made a decision to become the tiger boat guy about I don't know.
Speaker 2: How that has happened. I don't know.
Speaker 4: Everybody has a tag story, but you you made you did? I remember I remember crossed over to the side of the mission. He was like, I'm gonna talk about tiger Bone in every.
Speaker 2: Because it's different.
Speaker 7: You know what it is.
Speaker 2: It's illegal, that's what it was.
Speaker 4: It was.
Speaker 2: It was it was the originally part of the mystique. It was illegal. It's like smoking. It's like smoking, it's like smoking Beaties. You try to buy a pack of Khalil's Beaties, Hold on time about did you say beanies? Beaties? The little the little after not little, not eleven.
Speaker 4: They banned Khalil's Beaties used to buy because they had an association with like some sort of organization, so they banned them.
Speaker 2: Ships. Remember we used to bottom ships in the hood, and then one day you couldn't not eleven. What do you googles? Its tag bone. Let's think tag bone. No, let's just listen.
Speaker 4: I'll take another shot of tager bone after I work tonight because I still gotta work.
Speaker 2: That was like a Prince answer. You've been hanging with prints way too much. That was a Prince answer. You got one shot right there, I'm gonna join you, not my shot. I don't claim responsibility. You did, you did? You picked up joke? That was when you pick up two shots to lib you committed. That was a visual. You can't put the fried chicken back, like when you're in the barbecue and you picked up two pieces of chicken at the Black barbecue that's a false equivalency. He got, he got way too, he got. I don't even know what the word with that, poly like, I don't know what. Come on, we're gonna do one more because the chicken you touch the drink is a plastic cup. No, you kind to get too smart on us. We can't.
Speaker 7: We can't let you get away with that plastic cup.
Speaker 2: We can't let you get away with that. If I did my finger in it or I drink it, it's pretty much the same when you grab it. Watch, I'm gonna join you. I'm gonna join you, and I've been fucked up all day. Listen, let me just say something, thank you for joining us at the drink chance. We had hair arrests, drink three shots.
Speaker 5: We just want you to have to by myself on the oh no, no, because your clap was not aggressive at all when you wanted to listen.
Speaker 2: When you want people to clap to live, you got to say everybody, listen.
Speaker 5: Listen, let's make some noise with you'll live trying to get a soft clap.
Speaker 2: Out of this drink chat. We don't do that over here. I'm gonna take one more shot with you. Yeah, I think that's Michaelas Actually that's great, way man, all right, cool, you want me to help you out. That's the moonshine. This is this is this is Chinese moonshine. So listen.
Speaker 4: So how many how many listeners y'all got?
Speaker 2: At this point, we were approaching three million? We approached there. In April we had two point two millions, So let's make let's make some noise April. We ain't talk about the money wherever. Half a million a week, you know what I mean? And three million people listening to this bullshit. That's right, it's bullshit.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much, YO, tell how Fu'm absolutely right.
Speaker 2: I can't believe this bullshit. Listen, every time we speak, we make a podcast, every time we speaking technically, And let me tell you something Nas told me ten years ago. I don't know why, Like we was around like to me, Nas told me the internet was going to.
Speaker 4: Happen, that's right, like something like we was in something Algore algor with a black mask on please bridge.
Speaker 2: I don't know if that was equivalent to what I was thinking about. But we sat in and actually has a portfolio. I actually filmed it. It was for what what documentary?
Speaker 5: And I sat there and when I filmed him and we just talked about like you know, no, no, no, no, so and he told me, he said, someday these people are gonna pay us for our conversation. I thought he meant the internet when the internet got got involved in Twitter, I thought he meant that.
Speaker 2: But then years later, now.
Speaker 5: I realized that he was telling me I was gonna have this podcast number one and have millions of people listen to our bullshit together as a one, because you know what, hip hop classic stories with the people who love And.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna take this bone with you. No, no, no, pick up that tag of bone.
Speaker 5: If you can drink that tag of bone and drink that hennessy, I ain't gonna lie. You the hardest nigga in Brooklyn and Nebraska. Oh no, that's water.
Speaker 2: If you can finish, listen, I'm gonna keep you real, fuck everything else. If you can drink this this shot at tag of ball and then finish your Hennessy, you the hardest anywhere. No no, no, don't finish that first hour. That's not that's water my palate. All right, he's getting ready, all right at Nebraska and Home and the Dakotas in Brooklyn and Day County. Alright, so look and this and I should remember take your glasses. Yeah, Jesus Christmas, I love it. I love it. I love it. Yes, if you gotta take your shot, No, it's right there, just out. Can I get it? Fortunate? Where's my fortunate? Christ? We just drank cat urine ship. I should know jiu jitsu after I drink that ship?
Speaker 1: Man, Now, are you sure you're still in for this?
Speaker 2: I gotta work to that. You can quit, you can quit water, or you can finish your hands water. I want to see if you're a real brook Clinn nigga right now. Damn I kept water. Yes, yes, allowed, listen water. I'm on the water side of the.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're allowed to see plenty water. But I'm gonna keep it Red Hennessy and Tiger Bone. I don't remember them being friends ever.
Speaker 2: Name This podcast usually last like this long? Yes, oh yeah, because it's real hip hop.
Speaker 4: You know, like I don't listen to podcasts.
Speaker 2: We got we want you to listen to podcast He loved he came in here. He gave me was a gainst this day. He said, I ain't listening to you all the way I listened to you. I said thank you, because maybe he wouldn't have game, because right now we got him lit. You gotta work tonight. Big up your video. You just shot a video. You want to pick that up? Man? Yeah, big up my video. Good girls, Good girls. Once again.
Speaker 4: I was doing the video. I had a I was called with him. Shout out to Alicia, Keys and Rhapsody and bust around was on the conference call.
Speaker 5: I went to the I went to the White House wall. Yeah, let's talk about that. I heard about you never go in to the Rock House after you leave this in the name. Let's hurry up the keys.
Speaker 4: At the White House.
Speaker 2: I heard a long you know what major keys are? He dropped some gems. That story got out. Yeah, that wils Along went off. Let's make no noise for that. Yeah, he had the house. That's make at the White House. That was the most.
Speaker 5: Let me I heard one story. Let me just heard one story about the White House. Please everybody be quiet. I heard one story about the White House. I heard that when bull Rock Obama got you all in the room.
Speaker 2: He said, some of youall niggas, tax issues ain't right, and y'all might be and y'all might be arrested when you leave this property. Is that true? That's a dog shit if you said that part one is true.
Speaker 5: Okay, parts He didn't say you will be arrested. No, he didn't say, but he said, you heard that story. He said, I'm gonna hooe you over my accounting guys.
Speaker 2: Right here, man, he said called.
Speaker 4: Obama said, he said, we was talking about criminal justice reform.
Speaker 2: By the way, Barack Obama has released like hundreds of people. Let's make some noise from Brock Obama release people. He is crazy.
Speaker 4: He has also used drones as a preemptive measure, So don't make no noise for that. Hey man, listen, the job of the president is not easy, is to maintain the status quo. But let's stop being serious for right.
Speaker 2: Let's go. Let's get back. People want to laugh. We got to get people so serious.
Speaker 4: But Rick Ross bracelet went off. That was that was that was great, and Obama said, and Obama's and Rick Ross, Rick Ross like.
Speaker 2: A true Miami dude. And he was a true Miami dude. Rick Ross represented Miami. Wait, wait minute, no, this is all let's tell I live live.
Speaker 4: The beeping went off.
Speaker 2: And Obama said, what is that?
Speaker 4: That was it?
Speaker 2: Obama? He don't know, he said, what is that? No one knew I heard it from. No one knew what that was. And Rick Ross said, that's that criminal justice. Let's make some noise. Damn shout shout out to Carols City. Obama brought us there to talk about criminal justice reform.
Speaker 5: Ri Rick Ross was, like I heard he walked in the room and he said a curse and that me and everybody relaxed.
Speaker 2: He was like what he said something like he was?
Speaker 3: He was?
Speaker 2: He was?
Speaker 4: He was? He was he you know what he said. You know, I'm gonna tell you what he said. He said, he said, Tyler qual, I love I listen.
Speaker 2: I listened to the music. I love listening to music.
Speaker 4: I listening to the White House.
Speaker 2: And he looked at as Rocky right.
Speaker 4: He said, I love your music too, but I can't listen to it in the house.
Speaker 2: I put my headphones on, Like yeah, but we don't want another shot tackle ball, right, We're done with that. He could do it. He wants to listen.
Speaker 4: I want to drink some of his Dame Dash Dusco drink. I can't thank jams Usco. I can't thank you enough.
Speaker 2: Man. I think we covered all grounds. Is there anything that you want to say to you? Is there anything you want to say to the people? We got about like fourth people listening to us right now. I want to say people, Yeah, don't drink what's the drink en, don't eat the yellow snow? All right?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 5: And the gum under the table is not candy. The gum under the table is not candy. You're Tyler Carley. You've been a great sport man. We really appreciate you because you know why you so much? Positive, you so much a hip hop activist. You're our version of Ol Sharpton without.
Speaker 2: The goddamn that's my nigga. Al Sharpton is a good dude, is it really?
Speaker 1: However, I'm not no, No, I mean like you what I mean by you know what I mean what I mean by that?
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, but it's something wh But what I mean I get it.
Speaker 5: It's you, you the guy like yeah, he knew and so we called Michael Malcolm Max. What's what's some other people? All respect, it's who you are for all respect to them. Yeah, And I feel like I'm here the CBS AD coming in a trade all right, like see listen, but I feel like you're the guy.
Speaker 2: I think that's yes sabatage this last week. We understand, y'all. Mother Wilson.
Speaker 11: Yeah, let me just say this real quickly, please, Elliott Wilson, you have a bunch.
Speaker 2: Of niggas that do not deserve interviews before teller. I don't know where this is going, but I'm with you wherever you want to take it. Wherever you want to take it, my nigga.
Speaker 4: I love Elliott.
Speaker 2: Elliott. You know to put you on rap rad I did not know that rap Radar gave me a lot of love.
Speaker 4: But on rap Radar podcast to rap Radar, they give me a lot of But the little talks he be having.
Speaker 2: But I'm only saying this because I have a new album coming out right.
Speaker 5: But he never put you on rap Radar podcast that the little talks he be having, little sis because he he had millions high five.
Speaker 2: But let's be clear, we didn't shout because you had a new album.
Speaker 4: Listen to our friend. Let me let me shout out. Kay Valentine from Chicago were dropping her album with you. Voted media.
Speaker 2: Nico Is.
Speaker 4: Nico Is from Orlando, Florida, He was very excited. He said, he said, what you're doing, drink Champs?
Speaker 2: Nico hits me up. Nico is very excited. Now I was cool.
Speaker 4: I was already excited to do drink Champs. Nico made me more excited.
Speaker 2: You know, Elliott Wilson, this is my nigga. You know what I'm saying, Like, I listen, what but he didn't want to accept you No, let's keep it. Let's just keep it. Really you're saying he didn't want to accept. This is what I'm saying. We are. We are capitalizing of your fun. Up Elliott Wilson, everybody listen and be that you don't answer you you know my phone number? Saying we rap this were inside the NBA, were inside niggas is just DJ dj J. I never d know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: We d.
Speaker 2: DJ. I gotta says some of the rock for I mean, you're the problem.
Speaker 4: Jesse, Jeff will Smith, here we go, shout out to be dot and Eli Wilson the important participants in shotting them out.
Speaker 2: Because drink Champs number one, good fun all people, we always with them.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying that because I have a new album coming out and if I do an interview on them, I get to promote my whatever.
Speaker 2: But but but they didn't ask you to come on first because.
Speaker 4: He wants to interview people who have trends. But you don't understand that I'm trends. Tell I'm waiting bigger than trans human. You've been transcending ship forever.
Speaker 2: Nigga. You had an apartment in South Africa, nigga, like on my nigga, like like this is the thing is with Like I interview legends. I interview people who I know. They use that word relevant. We don't need we don't that world relevant over here. We make it.
Speaker 4: We use that word legend. Yeah, when you are legend, not depending on relevancy for all.
Speaker 2: That that dumb ship. I don't want to I don't know. I don't know how to do that representative prince princes, but yore just women in their names. Yeah, I was trying to listen. Let me thank you man for coming through me in the NFL. You know we were target people. We're both in here together and we really want to thank you for coming here. Being a great sport. Listen, and you are drunk.
Speaker 4: I am, and I came here in a tank top.
Speaker 2: This is the first time see me a tank my my, you like Thresty, you got mad tattoos? You like threst You're down with the Spanish game. He's down with He's down with Eighteenth Street game. I said, what the fuck?
Speaker 4: I got locked out of my hotel?
Speaker 2: What the fu?
Speaker 5: I just I got a text while stop written them air bnbs come back to start, come back to start with.
Speaker 2: I got locked out, but now I got my clothes back. Makes the noise, m gags closed back, got it. I'm gonna stop smoking this too. I'm tired of this ship. Is this the plastic read? I'm done. I'm done. You know you don't remember I had stop no no, no.
Speaker 5: Chaas would have smoked no. He wanted a joint. Remember what Chaas wanted to joint? Tyler Qualley, thank you for hanging out with us, man. We really appreciate that that Bottrow Hennessy could go with you out.
Speaker 2: I'm taking it. You taking it. Thank you so much. Let's make something. Oh my god, you gotta take some pics done. That was absolutely ridiculous.
Speaker 3: Drink Champs is a Drink Champs ll C production hosts and executive producers N O. R. E.
Speaker 7: And d j e f f N.
Speaker 2: Listen to Drink.
Speaker 3: Champs on Apple Podcast, Amazon Music, Spotify, or wherever you get your podcasts. Thanks for joining us for another episode of Drink Champs, hosted by Yours Truly, dj e f N and n O r E. Please make to follow us on all our socials That's at drink Champs across all platforms, at the Real norriegon ig at Noriega on Twitter, mine is at Who's Crazy on ig at dj e f N on Twitter, and most importantly, stay up to date with the latest releases, news and merch by going to drink champs dot com