Speaker 1: I'm Tamika D.
Speaker 2: Mallory and the.
Speaker 3: Ship Boy my Son in general.
Speaker 2: We are your host of TMI.
Speaker 4: Tamika and my Son's Information, Truth, Motivation and Inspiration name New Energy.
Speaker 3: Well, my son, you have.
Speaker 5: The pleasure of being at the live Debate watch party in Brooklyn, New York tonight and until Freedom and other groups collaborated on.
Speaker 2: How was the energy there?
Speaker 4: I mean, the energy was beautiful, you know, a lot it was. It was a lot of people in the building. Shout out to the Indigo Hotel and the Black owned room that we was in. You know, they don't own the whole hotel, but there are certain spaces within the hotel that they owned, so they allowed us to host this on watch party. And it was an amazing watch party. The food is excellent, you know, beautiful people inside, and the energy was just high.
Speaker 3: It was high in it.
Speaker 2: That's great, that's great.
Speaker 5: I mean we said that all the way until the election, we were going to really weigh in and have some of the people who we know are working on and have been working on voter engagement around the country and so forth. Tonight it is late. In fact, I am sitting in Europe and across the world, and it's late, late, late. Started watching the debate after two am, had our own watch party with a number of my girlfriends. We watched and we talked and you know, really followed together. And so tonight we asked folks to stay up just a little bit longer for us. It's five thirty in the morning. For you all, it's the nighttime. So we on two different zones, and therefore we want to jump right into it and allow the folks who have joined us. You know, again, we really want to put a focus in a spotlight on the people who are doing the work across the country of voter engagement, because you know, a lot of pundents will talk about how they feel, what they heard, and what they think, but we have to go out into the community and get people to the polls. We have to help people to navigate this really, if you will, for me, this kind of toxic time that we're in that is also a big time in terms of what will be the history of the United States. And so in order for us to do that touch what do they call it, anyway, contact sport work of working with our people and talking to them, we have to be able to understand what was stated and what are the substantive things that we can help people with the hope that they need to push forward and go out and make the right choice for the country.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's definitely a time that we have to be very intentional about education and stopping misinformation. I say the old time that misinformation is the biggest threat to our people.
Speaker 3: You know, a lot of our people, it's not.
Speaker 4: And it's not that they're ignorant, it's just that they don't know, you know, they haven't been informed, and they hear information on the Internet and other places, and they and they take it at face value. And you know, I've been very intentional about making sure that we are informed properly because I think there are certain people who are pretty much profiting and benefiting of the misinformation and you know, us not knowing what's actually going on. So, you know, I think tonight this is a this is a very good what we call indication of someone taking the steps, the necessary steps to stop misinformation. You know, I think that the moderators did an excellent job, and every time I heard something that they know wasn't correct, they informed it properly. Because in the past, you know, you know, Donald Trump was able to can constantly just spread misinformation without being checked on it.
Speaker 3: So I think tonight.
Speaker 4: Was a very good, very good moderation and it was a very good debate.
Speaker 5: Well, let's open up the floor to our friends that have joined us, Angelo Pintau, esquire attorney Angelo Pintel, co founder of Until Freedom, along with Linda Sarsour and the two of us.
Speaker 2: He is no stranger to the show.
Speaker 5: Also our sister Dowana Thompson, who is a political strategist, who is a community organizer, who is a professional and entrepreneur, you know so many different things that do Wanna does, and she's actually with me and York. So how about that she's just all the way on the other side of our unit getting ready to talk about this debate that at first she refused to watch, but then she was ready to get on and give her thoughts. And then lastly, we have Julian Hoffenberg, who may not have been on our show in the past, however people should know that she works all the details behind the scenes and watching all the politics and those that you know, the ins and outs of what's happening. So first let's get Angelo to give us your initial thoughts after the debate, How are you feeling?
Speaker 2: What do you think you heard? What didn't you hear.
Speaker 6: I think that there's a lot of layers here, but I think the first thing is that there was a lot of folks who were who we were with the crowd of folks, A lot of folks were excited to see kamlook. And I think that's one of the first big pivots before you even can get into the details of what happened in the debate, her being president and president and not Joe Biden being present has made a lot of folks tune in and be interested in what's happening, So that, to me is a big win for her before you even dive into the details about the debate, I think the second piece is she performed presidentially. From my perspective, she looks professional. She was attempting to discuss the issues. I think Trump goes off q he spirals at times, and sometimes she looks very unpresidential, and I think that was evident today. The piece that I think is very important where I would like to see growth on both sides is really diving into the issues and diving specifically into the issues that people want to hear. They started out talking about the economy. I think there was a lot of surface discussion and they didn't talk about the details around As some folks said, what's going to happen to the price of eggs and milk for folks, and how do you attempt to really address that?
Speaker 3: They didn't talk about that.
Speaker 6: They talked about healthcare, they talk about the issue of migrants, they talked about foreign affairs, they talked about abortion right, and I feel like in many instances when they were discussing some of these issues, they were having a conversation without discussing the particular policies and plans about what they would specifically do. One of the places that I think she excelled and it was probably the talking point that I thought was most powerful, when she was talking about the January sixth insurrection and she aligned that with Charlottesville in the history of white supremacist supremacist mobs, and I thought that was a very solid and clear talking point where she was speaking against this activity and white supremacy. So for me, I want to see more of that. I think on an abortion she was strong but specifically speaking about what needs to be done and if it could be done right about codifying Roe. I don't think she got into the details and actually the process of how that happens. I feel like there should have been questions around gun violence. There was an incident recently in Georgia where there was a school shooting that wasn't addressed. I think the issue of reparations for black folks is important. I think talking about cancellation of student loans is a big issue folks are talking about, and really the nitty gritty around how the economy moves forward. I felt like, and I'm interested in hearing what Linda thinks about it. Her perspective around the war or the genocide taking place in Palestine was strong. I felt like she said, we need to see spire, we need to figure this out.
Speaker 3: She didn't speak specifically on how she will do that.
Speaker 6: She talked about the issue of the United States arming Israel, but I feel like she's moving in a direction away from where Biden was, and for me, that's what I want to see more from her around how do you really make a distinction between who you are and will be as a president and who Joe Biden was in that establishment was so I'd like to see more of that.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 5: Okay, so I won't even react to it. I don't know, my son, maybe you have some reactions.
Speaker 2: But first let's go.
Speaker 5: Ahead and do wanna have.
Speaker 2: You to speak to what you heard tonight?
Speaker 7: Well, first of all, I'm very excited to be on the in the moment with you all tonight.
Speaker 1: I think that myself. I'm also the founder.
Speaker 7: Of what Vote, and although we are a nonpartisan organization, we two were having multiple watch parties across the country tonight and my phone was blowing up all through the night, which I felt was, as Angelo said earlier, an indication of something that up until about August. First, I would say we were struggling with in states like North Carolina, particularly in states like Michigan, we were struggling with a galvanizing agent. And what do I mean by that? We were struggling with people actually caring enough or just being burnt out on what they were hearing, the voices that they were hearing it from the just the whole rhetoric of the election, and what we saw tonight and what quite frankly we've been seeing over the last several weeks, are people galvanized and energize by just the mere thought of an adult in the room. And so when you talk to me about what was my initial reaction and to me, just said this earlier, and I'm somewhat embarrassed that she said it, but it's the truth. I honestly was am so tired of foolishness as it relates to not dealing with what is real, what is fact?
Speaker 1: What is truth? What? What are the real issues at hand?
Speaker 7: That I really didn't feel like listening to former President Donald Trump tonight. And I really didn't feel like having to watch a capable, competent, and accomplished leader deal with someone who has openly completely thrown away rule of law, completely thrown away decorum, and really in a lot of way, it's completely thrown away what the core values of the Constitution.
Speaker 1: And so I get tired, particularly as a black woman.
Speaker 7: I just wasn't sure that I had to watch it, But I'm glad that I did because two things really stuck out to me. Number One, we have been saying we need somebody presidential, we need somebody alert, we need someone who seems ready on day one, and I felt like Vice President Harris presented that tonight. I felt like she remained metered when she was easily. I mean, there are moments where I saw it on her face, like I noticed, Joka is not going there, or I know this lie is not you know, like there were moments where she was human, and I think that's fine, because we want to see the humanity in our leaders. But she never, not once seemed unpresidential. And I think that that is critical for the American people right now. I think it's critical for those who have been tired by the circus that many of have called this election cycle. And so I think she remained metered, and she to some extent, remained able to.
Speaker 1: Stick to her to her script.
Speaker 7: Now that being said, my second thought was, I really wish we could get and I think Angelo, you spoke to this.
Speaker 1: I really wish we.
Speaker 7: Could get past just having to show or prove and say you're wrong. I really wish we could get to and here's what I would actually do. There wasn't enough time because we were having to babysit an individual who clearly, you know, has checked out of so many processes. Whether he was checked it or not, I'm not even sure, but having to babysit his ego, his revision, as history, his complete lack of respect. We really didn't have time sometimes to really dig into what I think would have been necessary and critical, which is, you know, tell us more about, you know, what your policy is. Vice President Harris, I think had you know, she she broke moments where she where she shared, you know, she she kept talking about an opportunity economy and I think that strong language, but what does that really mean?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 7: And she talked about you know, the six thousand dollars she wants to give family.
Speaker 1: She talked about supporting small businesses.
Speaker 7: How right, As someone who has been a political appointee to the to the US Small Business and administration, I can tell you.
Speaker 1: That there there's a lot to talk about as.
Speaker 7: It relates to supporting and maintaining small businesses. And so I believe that there were opportunities that were clearly missed by both candidates quite frankly, to be able to really tell the American people what it is that they.
Speaker 1: What it is that they plan to do.
Speaker 7: I think the last thing I would just say is that her one of her strongest moments to me.
Speaker 1: Was clearly when.
Speaker 7: She told old former President Trump that I you're not running against Joe Biden, right, you're running against me. And I think that was important because this is someone who is seeking to erase her and a race who she has been as a leader and or frame who she has been as a leader.
Speaker 1: He's also tried to frame who she is just as the.
Speaker 7: Person, right, And so I think that her ability to say that very strategically and very strongly on the stage tonight and to remind him that she does not have to run on uh, she does not, she does not have to run as Joe Biden. She's running as Kamala Harris. I think that was a very strong point tonight.
Speaker 4: I Concurr, I think the thing that you and Angelo said pretty much murdered.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: They were definitely times where I think that, like you said, it became more of just a fact checking moment.
Speaker 3: I think what I'm from President Trump.
Speaker 4: Has done has turned this election into where you have to correct misinformation all the time. So in doing that, you know the opportunity to actually present what it is that you plan to do and give you know, your vision for what America should look like, you know. So I think that's definitely true. I think also what we have to be very knowledgeable about is that there are we have no perfect candidates, you know, just the reality of what it is.
Speaker 3: There's no perfect candidates.
Speaker 4: There are things, you know, like I'm definitely against what's going on inside Gaza, you know, and that Vice President Kamala Harris is part of the administration that is funding the genocide and Gaza. So that is very something that I paid much attention to. But I just also understand, you know, what it is that Donald Trump represents. Even when they talked about that, he just completely didn't even speak on it.
Speaker 3: He went back to the same thing. And it's just for me. It's just for me.
Speaker 4: There was an adult and there was a child, and that's what it was, you know, just listening to Donald Trump, there was just rhetoric.
Speaker 3: It was just I was just.
Speaker 4: I was so confused at points, like how how has America come to the point where someone like this can actually be the president of him?
Speaker 3: I was ashamed. I was embarrassed. You know, I have a thirteen and a ten.
Speaker 4: Year old and I know that they could have probably spoke better than that, and it's just to me, it's just like, I'm it's just I'm perplexed at this point, and it's not, and I'm not anybody else can think that, you know, he said this and that, But for me, I'm actually perplexed as as how does someone like that, who lacks so much presidentialists, who lacks emotional stability, emotional intelligence, who just lacks the things that I see as someone who can lead a nation, can actually be a viable candidate.
Speaker 3: It's just and just make It's really just. It depresses me, you know.
Speaker 4: So I don't know what anybody else thinks, but I just want to say that just to be clear off the front, that that's exactly how I felt.
Speaker 2: Thanks for that, Mice, Jules.
Speaker 5: I think we could pivot and you should talk about your reactions as well. But I just want to know, as someone who is a Donald Trump fact checker, about how many lies did you hear tonight?
Speaker 8: I mean, honestly, it would be easier to count the truths that he told, which would probably fit. On one hand, I do want to say, also, thank you for inviting me into this conversation. It's really hard to even say how many lies he told because you know, like my son just said, he doesn't really fully talk in complete sentences or with like proper rammer. So when he says things like, you know about the Afghanistan withdrawal, that well, they made a list and it said this, this, this, this and this, and then they didn't do those things. I don't exc you know what I mean, it's hard to say what that even means and how to respond to it. I think there were some, you know, there were like the crazy headline lies abortion after birth and interesting and yet completely absurd concept. It would be called murder or infanticide, not abortion at that point. You know, I think that the pets being eaten and kidnapped is is bizarre. The rally sizes, the you know, millions, I think he said millions and millions and millions of people have died in Ukraine, which is news, he said, you know, you know all the things, twenty one million people coming across the border. There's just a lot. That's heart crime is at an all time high when we know it's at a historic low. It's it would take all day and all of her two minutes to actually rebut the things that had come before. I thought she did a really masterful job given the challenging circumstances of what she had to do. I mean, I think we saw you know, we've seen people debate and not and I don't mean Joe Biden last month, but Joe Biden four years ago, Hillary Clinton eight years ago. We've seen people have to deal with Donald Trump on a stage, and it's not easy. I think she did an incredible job. And I think we know that as a woman, as a black woman, and as a an accomplished person, she the bar for her in that circumstance was still so impossibly high, and the bar for him, a former president, was so ridiculously low that he could have you know, crawled under it. And I and yet we find ourselves in this situation where, like I think, you know, Dowana and Angelo both said, we still wish that there could have been more substance. I would have liked to hear more about, you know, codifying a row and why we didn't do that. I'd like to hear more about, you know, gun policy and education. And I like the things that she's put forward. I like the kind of working class, middle class, common sense, you know, dinner table kind of things that she's talking about, like the child tax credits and the first time child tax credit, which I think is brand new and sounds really important, you know, for first time parents and things like that. I like the idea of lowering housing costs, but I haven't really heard how she's going to do that, So yeah, I think overall, I think she did a really solid job. I you know, I was laughing when Dwata said she didn't want to go. I should have been in Brooklyn tonight with my son and Angelo, but I was so full of nerves and dread and stress about what could happen tonight that I was afraid of being in a public space. So being on my couch and screaming at my television and the privacy of my own home was probably the best place for me. But overall, yeah, I thought you did great.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 5: I think, I know agree with all of you that it really is a disservice to the American people because we should have been able to use this opportunit community to hear about the things that so many.
Speaker 2: People are struggling with. Instead, she's in a match. Vice President Harris is in a match with someone who.
Speaker 5: Is a master of confusion. That is what he does for a living. This is how he has been able to in many ways gain the type of notoriety and following that he has that people who also meddle in a lot of confusion. They love him. He's on TV. We already know when you're on a reality TV show. What do we see on every single one of them, Whether we like the people on the shows or not, there's confusion. His marketing has always been about confusion. That's what he does. And at one point, Dwana, you said that you know, it's not just that he's trying to confuse her, but the rest of us are confused about even what he's talking about.
Speaker 2: And I'm not confused.
Speaker 1: I get it.
Speaker 5: I understand that Donald Trump is a master manipulator who doesn't.
Speaker 2: Have anything to say.
Speaker 5: And while we're sitting here understanding that he could potentially win being win the presidency again, you at Dowana and others are trying to figure out, like what are we getting ourselves into? You know, we know pretty much from the last presidency but his last term, but still really listening to him carefully, and I'm just sitting here looking at him like this is the same man who did the three card Miley game on me in the Bronx on Fordham Row when I was a teenager that my parents sold me, don't give him my money, and I went out there and did it anyway. And you can't win the game with him. The only thing he can do is distract you and take you up your point. So I agree with you Dowana that at the end of the day, we didn't really want to watch it. We don't even have the capacity at this time when people are truly trying to figure out how they're going to not just survive, but thrive. We don't have the time to go back to four or however many years ago was now what is it eight years ago and have to deal with somebody like Donald Trump.
Speaker 2: So that's how I feel, you know.
Speaker 5: I hope that you all will have closing thoughts, especially as you know, in terms of what is important, What do you really really want to see happen? If there is another debate, or if there's another conversation.
Speaker 2: What can we do?
Speaker 5: Because one of the things I will say, and again I agree with everyone here that Vice President Harris hand throled the situation.
Speaker 2: She was very solid, she.
Speaker 5: Was strong, and in many ways she was masterful in terms of bringing him, bringing.
Speaker 2: Out all of his either lies or.
Speaker 5: Disrespectful things that he said, or illegal things that he said that he cannot deny because they came out of his mouth.
Speaker 2: So I think she was masterful in that way.
Speaker 5: But the opening when she was asked a very specific question about how whether or not people are doing better, how people are feeling there is a void from both of them and being able to articulate the pain, the trauma, the stress, and the outright brokeness of many people in this country at this time.
Speaker 2: So let's just wrap.
Speaker 5: It up on any particular thoughts that you know, the constituents you're working with want to hear about, and hopefully we will be able to do the work together. Not hopefully, but we will to make sure that the agenda is pushed that we have on Vice President Harris. Hopefully she will win and ultimately she will be able to take a part of pieces of the agenda that we have, the agenda that she set forth and other important stakeholders feelings about what needs to.
Speaker 2: Happen in this nation and put it into effect. Whoever wants to go.
Speaker 8: For well, I'll just quickly say, I mean I work for you guys, so I you know I am, I am all in with until Freedom's vision for you know, really coming up to me, the idea of the Project Freedom platform is so smart and so important. And I know we've all said it before, or I think some of us have said it before internally, and I'm sure it's been said on the show before. But you know, we were not electing our friends, right, We're electing really our opponents, our policy opponents. They might be on our sides sometimes, but there's never been a president in the history of America that's been on any of our sides, even most of the time. So I would say that, you know, who do you want to work with and fight? You want to fight Kamala and we want to move her to our side. And we have a viable, implementable set of ideas that everyone on this call, and so many of our colleagues and respected you know people in the community have bought into. Is just this idea that there are things we can do to move important policy for black and brown communities forward. On a personal note, I'm a white person and so I have been doing what I can in you know, certain communities to try and bring more kind of engagement to certain voters. And I talked to Temik about this all the time. But my brother, you know, I love him so much. He is would be considered a low propensity voter. He voted for I think his first time or maybe his second time in his life last time, and and he just did it because he thought he should. Now he is, it's like a one eighty. He's he's engaged, he's he's listening, he's reading, he asks questions. He joined the White Guys for Kamala Kall. He told me about it. I didn't know about it first. You know, things like that he donated, never has donated in his life. That it's it's not that he was a maga person, because he wasn't. He wasn't really engaged at all. But to see him engaged is so incredibly gratifying, and to hear him relay, be excited, to relate to me conversations he's having with other white men in places like Vermont where he lives, in Connecticut where we're from. You know, it's it's not Michigan, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, North Carolina, Arizona, or Nevada, but it's I hope, indicative of those places. So that I'm you know, that's what I'm sort of trying to focus on for the next whatever it is six or seven weeks.
Speaker 7: I guess I'll jump in at that. I wasn't sure of Angelo or Mice was gonna jump in, But you know, I think what I'm taking with me again in the work that we do having to be nonpartisan. I think the biggest thing that I'm concerned about going into this election cycle is the voter suppression. Their rampant as my son talked about earlier, voter misinformation and disinformation and now information. Let's be clear that it's happening. And what I'm most concerned about is that that information is coming from people who look like us and who are typically people that we would trust. What do I mean by that? You or it was an example of that. So if you can remember back to twenty twenty, when we were hearing about COVID for the first time, and people were telling their loved ones to do certain things, not because they wanted to fear them in the wrong direction, but in fact the were afraid and they were trying to provide some sort of solution. Even though the solutions that they were coming up with or that they were sharing were not vetted. They were not uh that there was they were not coming from valid sources, but it was in the desire to have a solution, It was in the desire to want to take care of and want to move forward. And sometimes I feel like we're seeing that right now. We are seeing misinformation, disinformation and and malinformation, not always from a place of uh just absolute I intend to do harm, but people who actually believe they love us and actually believe that they want to see better for us. And so our jobs are really really intentional over the next several weeks, and that job is to tell the truth, have trusted information, validated resources, validation speakers so that we can all be on the same page about what is critical and what is righteous for our people.
Speaker 1: Make it. Let's be very clear.
Speaker 7: One of the things that Kamala Harris was strong on tonight was the fact that Donald Trump has tried to overthrow this government that he in fact didn't, has continued to deny the outcomes of the previous election cycle that he has uh fought very hard along with those who support him, to still put into into uh impact voting rights and voter voters rights. And so I actruly believe that we're going to see an attack We're already seen couraging in multiple states across the country and uh getting reports of uh, you know, things like uh. Even in the state of North Carolina where we're currently doing work, there are polling locations that have been pulling locations for years that are all of a sudden no longer a Poland location. And we're finding this out as we're getting ready to do early vote right that starts in North Carolina and on October seventeen.
Speaker 1: So the reality is.
Speaker 7: We've got a lot of work to do to make sure that our people are able to exercise their right to vote, that they have the best information that's available, that they feel confident in that information, and they feel confident with their.
Speaker 1: Ability to go to the poll and to exercise that vote.
Speaker 7: I think it's also important to note that while guests Kamala Harris and Donald Trump are at the top of the ticket, there are so many important pieces on the ballot up and down the ballot this year, and that.
Speaker 1: We have to do.
Speaker 7: We have to turn out for each one of those fights. One very particular one that I tell people all the time in North Carolina, there is still on the ballot right now. They are trying to make sure that literacy tests are finally taken off literacy tests, right, and what does that mean? That means that when black folk went to the polls back in the fifties and sixties, they were given literacy tests to determine whether or not they can vote. That same test is still applicable according to the North Carolina Constitution. It was still applicable in Alabama within the last election cycle. So these are the things that are still on the ballot that we're fighting for. So we cannot lose sight of the fights that are up and down the ballot. And so I believe that that is our work to do, is to connect all of the pieces, to connect the dots, and to remind people that, yes, we can shake our head at Donald Trump for thinking that you know, you know something that's going on with that man. We could also be strict and concerned about holding Kamala accountable to be the kind of leader that we need. But we also have to ensure that those who are actually legislating up and down, or that are providing resources or suppose to provide legislation and opportunities for us up and down at that ballot, that they that they know that it's not that we're not just holding the two people at the top of the ballot accountable. We're holding everybody accountable, and we're going to do that with our vote in November.
Speaker 2: All right, we're wrapping up my son and Angelo.
Speaker 6: Go ahead, Angela, Oh yeah, just quickly. I mean, I think what Dwana said is very important. That there are so many elections happening beyond the presidential election that people have to pay attention to, which is critical for folks to vote. But what I will say is, before Kamala got in the race, people were not excited. The vast majority of the country was not excited about Donald Trump. They weren't excited about Joe Biden. I think most people are not excited about Donald Trump. But I think people are open to the possibility of what a Kamala Harris presidency can be. But I think that means she now has to show up in a particular kind of way. I think she has to be aggressive, if not more aggressive than Donald Trump. She has to be very specific about what her policies are and what she will deliver for the American people, because people want to know about the economy, people want to know about how she's going to handle my migrants, People want to know how she's going to handle gun violence. People want to know how she's going to handle reparations. People want to know how you're going to handle these issues, and that you're different than the traditional politicians that we've seen who have failed to deliver on so many things. People are excited right now, but excitement can wane and they can leave quickly. So I think she has to get out in front of that and show how she's different than Joe Biden and how she stands differently than the Democratic Party.
Speaker 3: I think the other pieces, she has.
Speaker 6: To really find a way how to go to the people and speak to the people around the issues they care about. I think there's a lot of folks around the country who are still not excited, who still are not interested in voting, who are important to decide this election, and what will be critical is getting out to those people, aligning herself with the individuals who are ready connected to those people who already have the ears of those folks, and really do something different. I think people across the country the reason why they weren't excited about Trump or Biden is because they want to see something different politically.
Speaker 3: People are excited because physically.
Speaker 6: She represents something different politically, a black woman, something we haven't seen before. But it's important that she doesn't just represent that in appearance, but she represents that in substance. And not only is that critical, but it will be a game changer in how people show up. One of the things that's going to be important for that, and this is the last thing I'll say, is that she has to make sure she starts to listen and hear from different people. She can't only listen to and hear from the folks who the Biden administration and the Democratic establishment traditionally hears from. It's time for something new.
Speaker 3: People are excited about her a.
Speaker 6: Little because they want her to be something different and represent something that the party traditionally does not. She has a window of opportunity between now and the election to do that. I think you'll see an up to time in the polls favorably for her. But she still has a lot of room to grow and I'm hopeful that she doesn't.
Speaker 4: And out and just was saying, you know, there's that we've seen the difference. You know, there there's levels like we say this in the hood, we say it's levels to this ship, and when you see, when you actually listen and you just pay attention, you just see that one person actually has the capability to be a leader, and the other person is just pretending, you know, like he's done pretty much most of his life. You know, he's been on reality TV, and it's the same strategy like that, It's the same tired rhetoric that you continue to run, you know, and I just know, for me, it just wasn't even.
Speaker 3: I'm embarrassed. I'm embarrassed that we actually have in this conversation.
Speaker 4: I'm embarrassed that there are people that actually think this is a person that can actually run this country. You know, it just it just looked like a flawless victory to me. You know, I definitely want her to get strong on certain issues. You know, I think that there's an opportunity for her to do that. I think given the opportunity that she can do a lot with this country, I think she wants to do it. I think she has a lot to prove, and I think just listening to her and looking at I think she wants to prove that. I think she wants to show people that she's capable. I think being the first woman, being the first black woman being as a president. I think she has a lot to prove and I think she wants to do that. I think Donald Trump is interested in one thing. I think he has had four years in office, and he knows the system.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 4: You know, he knows how to move around, he knows how to make him and his rich buddies richer. You know, he knows how to make deals with foreign countries, you know, to continue to keep us, you know, sedate it. And I think that he wants to get back into office and eager for him to get back into office to do that, you know.
Speaker 3: So I'm just I'm hopeful, you know.
Speaker 4: I think tonight was a big step towards you know, a lot of people were talking about this debate.
Speaker 3: This debate. I never thought there was a chance that, you.
Speaker 4: Know, Donald Trump was going to out debate a black women, because you're just not going to beat no black women, no argument. That's just not a thing ever. But you know, it just it was just very good to know that I was right.
Speaker 5: Well, thanks everyone, you know, I agree with you, nice It's hard to do out debate a black women. That's why you don't try to debate your black Mama, maybe you're.
Speaker 2: Black white, you're black boss. Just any black woman, We're going to go all the.
Speaker 5: Way to the end to prove what we want to be able to prove and to really force a conversation around factual ideas.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 5: That's something that black women have had no choice but to do throughout our existence. And that doesn't mean I'm saying that we always tell the truth in the middle of an argument either, But I hope that Kamala Harris was doing that in terms of her values and you know, her considerations for the American people.
Speaker 2: We have a lot of work to do, y'all.
Speaker 5: I think we all know that, and there is no better group of individuals that I would like to do to work with than do Wanna Thompson, who's co founder I think you are, do Wanna of Vote Vote, as well as CEO of the Black Equity Trust, and of course Julianne Hoffenberg, who supports until freedom in so many ways, who is also in our own right and entrepreneur, a business leader, and a thought leader. In terms of all the things that you all see you see us working on projects, Jules is there in the midst of it making stuff happen every days. Important that when we have these conversations again, we're not just talking to pundance, which you know, there's some pundits that have some real powerful things to say, but we're also talking to people who will knock on those doors, who will show up in the communities where folks are saying, I hear y'all y'all talking about debates, y'all having conventions.
Speaker 2: Y'all having events, y'all having rallies.
Speaker 5: You're doing all of that, and still the police are terrorizing our community. Still, we live in a food desert, and we have food insecurity. Still, we don't know where our voting polls may be. Sometimes our names are purged from the voting roles, So even if you want me to vote, I might not be able to show up. Still, the eggs are ten dollars, Still, the gas is too high.
Speaker 2: Still I can't get a loan.
Speaker 5: All of those things are still happening even under the Biden Harris administration. And therefore we have to be able to really hear a clear cut difference and understand what it is that she going to do. And I hope that we can push the vice president to be even better than she believes that she can be, because that is what people have had to do time and time again, is to help all of us to realize our true selves and to be our best. So thank y'all so much. Also neglected to mention again our brother Angelo Pinto, co founder of Until Freedom, also so many things. It's too late at Noel's first of all, it's too early. It's six a m. Where I am to go down the list of everything that Angelo does. But just know that in terms of the brilliance of Until Freedom, there is this gentleman Angelo Pinto who helps us to really truly be on our gain and at the cusp of all the issues with super critical thoughts and points even when we don't agree. So we love you Angelo, and Douanna and Julienne. Thank y'all so much for joining us.
Speaker 4: Thank you, And with that said that brings you to a the end of another episode of TM I thank you for supporting us. We're going to continue to bring you this type of groundbreaking information. Like I said, I'm not gonna always be right to make it the maveries and I could always.
Speaker 3: Be wrong, but we both always and I mean always be authentic. Peace check out the video version.
Speaker 5: Of t m I every single Wednesday on Iwoman dot TV.
Speaker 2: That's