Speaker 1: I think people will realize when he retires and when he doesn't want to manage anymore, how good of a.
Speaker 2: Manager he was for one of the best teams of this generation.
Speaker 3: What up, everybody? Welcome to an oddball edition of Dodgers Territory. It is not Monday, it is not Thursday. But and we're not postgaming tonight because Alana is busy. She's better than all of us. But you got me, You got k dub is what I'm calling you today, or Katie Wu if you want to be proper about it. And you know, big win last night for the Dodgers, big win for friend of the show. Justin Rableski picks up win number ten on the season, strikes out the Shark, strikes out eleven, a career high, clearly inspired by me mentioning that he struggles with the strikeout pitch or has been struggling, and then he goes out there and just double birds it.
Speaker 1: Eleven k uh your territory, there's eleven k sorry about it.
Speaker 3: And then of course Doc wins one thousand. Before we talk about Dave. Just a few thoughts about the game, about Rableski, and also about what we can call it the shit show that is Sutter Health Field or park, whatever it is.
Speaker 2: It feels. I'll say this and you ask the players and they've said it.
Speaker 1: They've said it before, like the plane surface, but ultimately matters is the plane surface of the field. And for a field that is because when the A's aren't here, the Giants Triple A team is playing the River Cats, so you're essentially getting you know, one hundred and sixty plus games. The field is in really good condition, especially for a Triple A park, and given how hot it is in Sacramento for like the entire summer, the facilities are what they are, but everyone's just kind of making the most out of it. I will say it's a trip to do clubhouse postgame and have to walk across.
Speaker 2: The field after the game. That's weird.
Speaker 1: We're just kind of hanging out in center field behind the fence for media. We're like dodging foul ball during batting practice. It's very scary, very terrifying, but you know, it's it's weird. It's fine for three games. I wouldn't want to do it for eighty one.
Speaker 2: But I think.
Speaker 1: Everyone's pretty ready to get out of here and get back to Dodger Stadium, and we got the next nine games until the All Star Break at home, so that'll be great for everyone.
Speaker 3: Huge, get to stay home, not pack again.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: It's always a lot of Obviously, Alana will be back with us on Thursday. It's always a lot of least favorite part, most hated part of the job was packing for a long Roadie, guys, help us out. Subscribe to the channel. If we could somehow get to twenty thousand subscribers by the time Alana is back tomorrow, that would be huge. We'd appreciate you for doing it. But and also, everybody sound off on the comment comments. Share your love for Dave Roberts, share your trade deadline stuff. We will be talking trade deadline. Yes it's early, but Katie did some work about it. But how about we talked Dave here in the big ticket number one thousand his career. That is a thousand wins as a Dodgers manager. He has one loss as the Padres interim manager. So suck on that, San Diego. Just just a guy, talk about a guy. That's a dude. Dave Roberts obviously friend of the show. I think I have a lot of thoughts having watched his team so closely over the entirety of his tenure, both covering it somewhat professionally, if that's what we're want to call this, and also as a fan, and you know the insanity that comes with the fandom. But you know you're the person who's there closest to Dave day in day out. You see the way he is received in that clubhouse. Talk about one thousand for Dave, what it meant for him, what it meant for the team, his wife, the players, all that kind of stuff there. What was it the sights and sounds of the clubhouse.
Speaker 1: Yeah, obviously everyone was. Everyone was aware of it. And one thousand is such a significant milestone. Dave really strus is that players celebrate their milestones and achievements, so I think it's only fair that.
Speaker 2: His players do the same.
Speaker 1: And the Dodgers did their tradition that they do after every significant moment. We walked into the clubhouse in center fields after the game and there was a folding table propped up six bottles of champagne fresh off Miggey row. Freddie Freeman led the toast for Dave one thousand wins, the quickest manager to do so ever, and I think when you what has really surprised me coming in in my first year with the Dodgers is how much his players get his job. And I'm guilty of this. I think a lot of people in the industry were guilty of this. When you see the roster that Dave Roberts has, you think, yeah, you better win with that. You're supposed to and anytime, you know, I had a Manager of the Year vote that always factored in, like Dave was supposed to win with this roster. And I think when we were asking players around over the last week or so, we were like, does it make it any easier to have this many stars to manage? And they said, no, it actually makes it harder because there are so many superstars and so many people that he has to really manage. I think that's the actual definition of a manager in these days is how do you manage the people in your clubhouse? And now that I've seen it, I completely understand what they're saying.
Speaker 2: So to hear the respect that they have.
Speaker 1: We talked to Freddie Freeman, Mookie Betts, Mickey Rowe, Tommy Edmund, Justin Rabuski.
Speaker 2: Every guy has something positive to say.
Speaker 1: About who Dave was as a person, and I think that says all you need to know about who Dave is as a manager. I'll go read through some quotes Bobby and our Die and I had in our story last night, this one from Mookie. If I can find it right here, let's just do a little search. He said, Dave Roberts is a special person. He's my manager, but I just don't really see him that way. I see him more as like a baseball dad. To be honest, I think that is what stood out to Dave Roberts throughout his career, the people and the players and the careers that he's changed so well deserved across the board for Dave Roberts, here's two thousand more.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, Dave, that's a big thing. You know, it takes time to get to earn that kind of bravado in your clubhouse, but to I mean not, I guess say it in a crass way, to not really have to throw his dick around, because he empowers his club. He empowers his teams, his players, his veterans, even some of the rookies. He empowers them so much to kind of self police when needed. He knows when to step in and when his his tutelage or an arm around somebody's shoulder, like we saw recently with Dalton Rushing. He knows when to do that. That's the thing that makes Dave just such a special human for this job. Obviously, the managerial role kind of piggybacking off of what you said, it's changed a lot over the last ten fifteen years. And you could think back to Dodgers fans thinking back to the end of the Dawn Mattingly era, just the way that sort of ended. You you get him sitting a very cold towards Friedman and the rest of the organization, and they welcome in Dave. There's always a smile there. And yeah, we had a lot of growing pains. He had to learn how to manage on the job. He had to learn how to trust his instinct, trust some of the numbers when it came to bullpen usage. We suffered through it so at different times, as did he. You know, you could pick out a few points in the postseason. But as I talked to him a couple of spring trainings ago about everything has been learning, improving, getting better not just in his decision making, but the most important part of a manager's job these days is to keep that clubhouse in check. If Dave was able to survive, let's say the twenty seventeen club that had Andre ethi or brooding around with a mostly broken leg for most of the season and then coming back in September and having nowhere to play, Dave would be set up for just about everything to be able to manage through that. Flash forward twenty eighteen. A year later, they make it to the World Series. But what a weird roster you have. Cody Bellinger. You're platooning him a year after winning a Rookie of the Year, a year before MVP. Matt Camp is in that outfield, very much a salary dump, puts together an all star kind of season. Matt has been on the show talking about how awesome it was to play for Dave, and Matt was also in that outfield with Yasio Puigue who was at the end of his tenure and had been sent down. Just a lot of egos, Adrian Gonzalez losing his job to Cody Bellinger and kind of I wouldn't say being okay with it, but these guys buy into what Dave is asking of them. They all buy into each other because at the top is Dave saying, look, we have one goal, one mission. That's to go out and win a World Series. And yeah, it took us a little while, took Dave a little while and make it to twenty twenty. People have their thoughts about twenty twenty. That is the World Series that everybody was allowed to try to win, and the Dodgers did it. But now it's back to back champs and you just see a different the melting of the stress coming off of Dave's shoulders. And you know he, Katie, he said, one thousand wins, this is me, this is the team. These are the players that he's had. Kershaw was a part of a lot of those. Canley Jansen of saving a lot of those towards the end of his tenure. But to get the most out of your players, you need to have a good guy at the top, and Dave is the best.
Speaker 1: Maggie Roe said it best. He said, it's not about how you manage personalities in here. You're not managing any team. You're managing one of the best teams that's ever been assembled. You have more personal on top of your shoulders because you're supposed to win. So if you don't win, you're not a good manager, right But at the end of the day, it's about the environment that we have in this clubhouse, and that's what separates Stock from the rest of the managers I've had. I think people will realize when he retires and when he doesn't want to manage anymore, how good of a manager he was for one of the best teams of this generation.
Speaker 2: Maggie row per.
Speaker 1: Usual spot on and like you said, Clinton, the growing pains are supposed to happen. There's no such thing as a perfect manager, but a manager that learned from his mistakes and can consistently promote healthy, good communication because it's I'm gonna like what he has to say a lot of the times they shouldn't. This isn't a just one big, happy family. This is a dynasty fun for one of the best influential teams we're going to see in any sport in our generation. But for each player to consistently say he's easy to communicate with and he's easy to play for says all you need to know about the culture that Dave Roberts has instilled in that Dodgers clubhouse.
Speaker 3: Roy in the chat saying nothing but respect for Dave Roberts. But honestly, amongst the fan base, it took a while for him to not earn that respect. But just when you have that kind of roster, Katie, will you understand it's not just the you know, for the professionals, the talking heads whoever, who say, oh, the Dodgers lost in the World Series, it's is that on Dave or that kind of stuff, you know, It's also about the fans. Fans have insane, the ridiculous, mostly unattainable expectations day in, day out, each pitch and all this kind of stuff. I've been doing this this shit for a while now, ten years, talking to Dodger in front of a camera here in some version of an office or a room or a bedroom through COVID and all this kind of stuff. And what has brought me a lot of joy over the last couple of years is the comments. We don't unless it's people just dicking around with us, don't see fire Dave Roberts anymore, because there's a man that's earned the respect of literally everybody. And again one k for Doc faster than anybody. Somebody said in the chat, like, how did he get here, well, yeah, a lot of I had to get there so fast, a lot of damn good players. But also, you know, good decision making, bad decision making has all built him into the man that we see. Final thought on this, we're into season eleven. You have to wonder how much longer he really he can do this as long as he wants. Now, how much longer does he want to do it? Because you always see him smiling when he comes into the clubhouse. Yeah, really, he enjoys the hell out of it. Like five ten, does he have another d Is he going to surpass Walt Alson?
Speaker 1: Well, you know he's only fifty four and a manager speak, that's like a spry thirty, right. But it's interesting because he's one of the elder statesmen now and when you think about the managers that he came up with, you know, Bruce Boche, Buddy Black, these are guys that are you know, he's one of the only true like there is no Dessie Baker anymore in the league. It's Dave Roberts. He is that that elder statesman of the group. And we're seeing MLB the industry as a whole, trend towards those young managers you know you're looking at Look at Baltimore, look at the Nationals, look at San Diego.
Speaker 2: It's all the the new, up and coming.
Speaker 1: Hey you're thirty five cools come manage a ball club. But didn't used to be that way at all. So it's been cool for me to see Dave kind of embrace his role as one of the leaders the veteran managers. And you saw him inviting Cardinals manager Onie Marvel to the All Star Game. Those two have a really special bond. It's a mentorship theyer. I saw it in Saint Louis with Ali consistently praising how much Dave Roberts has been there for him. So, but that's just who Dave is as a person. He can do this as long as he wants. He's earned that right. He's a future Hall of Famer in my book. I don't think he has any plans and slowing down anytime soon with this team.
Speaker 2: Why would, Jeff.
Speaker 1: But it's interesting to see how the managerial trends are changing. But Dave Roberts will be a staple here for as long as he wants to be.
Speaker 3: Yeah, cheers. A tip of the cap to Dave, congrats to the first one thousand. We're looking forward to the next one thousand. In the Dodgers' uniform. Guys are going to take a quick break. Got some word from our friend over Foul Territory that we'll come back and we could talk about trade deadline and rumor has it pure.
Speaker 4: Back people dehydration sucks, Quints, electrolyte stick packs to the rescue. I order them, I use them all of the time.
Speaker 5: Somebody who may or may not have had some adult beverages in their life. The next day, you know what flavor? I like watermelon, and I don't like watermelon. I'll go raspberry and it helps me to get my citrus salt in. But if I do, it helps me to get back to normal, feeling good and ready to go the next day.
Speaker 4: Yep, tough workout or dry mouth in the morning, whatever it is, this is going to help you out. Quint always has the best deals for you. You can go on their website and see a number of products. We're talking about not only a product that tastes great but has zero sugar options that are also Stevia free. Give your body what it really needs to stay hydrated. Go to quints dot com slash foul for free shipping on your order in three sixty five day returns. That's qui n ce dot com slash foul for free shipping and three sixty five day returns Quinns dot com slash foul. These statements have not been evaluated by the Feud and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat care, or prevent any disease.
Speaker 3: Got another opportunity to let it eat here with Katie Wiu. We are talking about the trade deadline the last thing. Last time I checked, it is July first, and trade deadline is not till August third. Frustratingly, but I also understand it. You don't want the trade deadline happening on a weekend. Still, I imagine your editor tasked you to this. Maybe you came up with it yourself because you're damn good at your job. But yeah, everybody wants to talk about the trade deadline right now. You pen to column on Monday given an idea of where the Dodger's thinking is at right now. In terms of the big names, everybody wants Trek Schooble, everybody wants to add I don't know, some sort of big name power bat even though this lineup kind of doesn't need it, and there's the thread the lineup kind of doesn't need it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, we're gonna we're hard launching trade deadline coverage here at the Athletic and it's July first, so we are obligated to talk about it, even though we are still a month away. So I'll preface this with things will change. The market has yet to be defined. It's already a slowly developing market. And we'll get into this later, Clint, because the entire American League is just not all that competitive, and who really knows what a seller's gonna look like, because you could be sub five hundred and sneak into a wild card spot if things stood today. So my initial prediction is that this trade deadline, this market really doesn't get defined. It usually doesn't start defining itself until after the All Star break. I dare to say it might be the last week of July before we truly know what's a realistic deal and what teams are looking for. But the Dodgers have a pretty clear plan because when you have the Dodgers, you can control the market.
Speaker 2: And we have seen over the last couple of years.
Speaker 1: President of Baseball Operations Andrew Friedman has preferred to avoid the trade deadline. He wants to, you know, if anything, make little increments. But he said it before, if we are buying at the trade deadline, that's not a position we want to be in.
Speaker 2: The Dodgers not only have do they have the best roster.
Speaker 1: In baseball, they have one of the best farm systems, and they want to keep their depth, but they also have an area of need or an area that they can deal from to address areas of needs. And we talked about this in a column in The Athletic yesterday yesterday, where we know the Dodgers have one of the most robust outfield farm systems baseball, and they're lacking in other areas, specifically catching middle endfield.
Speaker 2: And you can make the argument upper tier minor league pitching. So what can they do.
Speaker 1: They could deal from one of those outfield prospects not named as Depaula and look to address an area of need.
Speaker 2: You're thinking a.
Speaker 1: Michael Bush trade in twenty four or even a Gavin lux trade. I know he wasn't a prospect then, but a similar concept essentially top prospect for top prospect deal to help balance the Dodgers farm system because they have I mean, we can go through the list of the Dodgers' outfielders. There's Depaula, there's a Wado Quintaro, There's Hope Sarota, James Tip the third that's kind of like the first tier. Right then you have the Kendall, George zach Erhard. Those are like the second tier. Those are just the game that the names that are coming to mind. You can even throw Ryan Warden there. In terms of outfield prospects, they can't have an entire nine person team be outfielders, so they have this area to deal from, and they're very thin on catching depth.
Speaker 2: In their minor league system.
Speaker 1: They don't have like a true middle infield prospect coming up in the future that they're super excited about.
Speaker 2: And you can always use more pitching.
Speaker 1: So can the Dodgers trade one of their outfield prospects again, not to Paula, for another prospect that can help balance their system.
Speaker 2: That's what they're looking to do as things stand right now.
Speaker 3: I don't know, man, I feel like you can use you know, five, six, seven outfielders down the road, you know, there's there's thing changes come into the CBA. But also, yeah, very much agree, it's not it's not the norm. And usually you know you mentioned the Michael Bush trade. At least it was obvious, like he made his debut, it was obviously there was no place, there was no space for him at the big league level because hey, they got this guy, Freddie Freeman. He plays the position, same with somebody like Ryan Ward older in the you know, the prospect age side of things. I don't know how many teams are going to really be clamoring for Ryan Ward, but we're talking about Brandon Gomes and and Andrew Friedman. Ryan Ward could get you the next tie here. Hope he could get you the next river Ryan, Like when they flipped Matt Batty a number of years ago to the Padres. I'm sure they're still pulling out their hair for a trade like that. So I do think it's interesting, and you know, fans have heard a lot of this as well with this club. You know, the Dodgers don't just think right now, They're not Yeah, it's win now, but you also think three, four, five, ten years down the road. That's how you sustained success, That's how they've won every division. Well, what is it now, twelve of thirteen divisions since twenty twelve, twenty thirteen. Whatever, math is not my strong suit, asked Mookie Bets. Ask Mookie Betts's age because we couldn't tell you. But I love this part from your Monday column. It's like it's gonna be wary of moves that could impede the next core of homegrown players. And yeah, there's there. They are not stacked with a lot of guys middle infield. You know, somebody might look down the road. I think it was their their first round pick last year or a year ago, Kellen lindsay he's still five years away, maybe four years if things go well, or maybe he's somebody that's traded. You got a bunch of outfielders now, might as well look to either improve your club this year or a couple of years down the road. Yeah, move in some outfield around for some infield makes a lot of sense. I want to focus on the starting pitching side, because if there is a need at this upcoming deadline, it could be the starting rotation. As weird as that sounds, as good as the rotation kind of has been Listen, Rokie Sasaki took a big step backwards in his most recent outing. Shean was good in his most recent outing. But still, if one of those guys are starting a postseason game, I feel the Dodgers did not do their due diligence at the deadline because they weren't prepared for one or both of Blake Snell or Tyler Glasnow returning. I've been saying. I said this on My All Dodger Show on Monday. I believe Tyler glass Now is kind of like the lynchpin in the decision making. If they don't feel he's trending forward in the next week or two and yes he's throwing a baseball now or you know, doing pitching activities, baseball activities or whatever. If he doesn't make good steps forward, big step strides forward in the next two weeks, they need to be calling the Detroit Tigers. What are your thoughts about the I guess glass Now I'm not going to corner you again with more Trek Skoobel, but thoughts about the glass Now factor.
Speaker 1: No, I think that's totally fair, and in a perfect world, the Dodgers can make the argument that their playoff rotation in some order is Otani Yamamoto Snell Glass now and you're thinking, yeah, that'll play.
Speaker 2: Certainly did last year.
Speaker 1: But it's a big question mark more Glass now than Snell at this point, very.
Speaker 2: Much so on his health.
Speaker 1: Because with with Snell, you know he's already throwing bullpens. I don't think he's scheduled to face live hitters yet. But glassnow is just now starting to throw again. And each time he's gotten to this point, he's tried to extend and he's felt the same nagging issue in his Now he seems to be feeling better, but as we've seen over the last two months, it really is touch and go here. That's why this next month is so important and why I think the market is going to take so long to define itself because a lot of these teams are going to try to wait it out as long as possible.
Speaker 2: The Dodgers don't want to add.
Speaker 1: Another starting pitcher and deplete some of this core and we'll get back. I'll explain why they're really against that later on. But in a perfect world that they have Tyler glassnew then they can justify saying.
Speaker 2: We don't need Schooble. The problem is.
Speaker 1: They can't bank yet one hundred percent on glass now being healthy, So I'm totally with you, Quinn. If he has another setback, I think that might change their strategy. And we know how Andrew Freeman operates. He's not going to go out and trade at this point though he really prefers to avoid the big splashes at the deadline, especially over the last two years. But they're not going to go out and just trade for someone who they think could help. They're going to go if they do this route, trade for someone that's really going to give them the best possible odds of winning a third straight World Series in this seller's market that again is still to be defined. Schooble would be that arm now. They don't think if glassnow's healthy that they might need him again.
Speaker 2: This can all change over the next five weeks. All this is so very fluid.
Speaker 1: That's what makes trade deadline reporting so fun is everything is changing all of the time. But if Glassnout wasn't healthy, it might change the Dodgers calculus right now, though they are so well positioned to be in the weight and see mode, and again when you get to the playoffs, not even until the later rounds do you need four starters so they can technically fly with Yamamoto show hey snow if they want to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this and you mentioned it earlier. The American League and that particularly that wild card, it's like every team is both in and out of contention at the same time. Yeah, they might, you know, earn a postseason berth, but probably aren't getting out of the wild card. You know, shout out Probably the as the team we're watching this week, not necessarily a playoff team, but that that bunch that we see on the screen now if you're watching, though, it's not just whether or not the Dodgers want Trek Scooble. And yes, you always want Terrek Scooble. You like the guys you have, But Trek Scooble is you know, a two time cy Young Award winner. You want to, but you're gonna have other teams clamoring for them. The Yankees could be in the mix, probably some way, somehow. I don't really know the state of their of their farm system. Got everybody go ask Derek Lewandowski on Pinstripe territory. He'll let you know. But that's a big factor that could ruffle or I would say upset what Dodgers fans would really love to see, which is another big splash I would I would caution people be wary of a slower trade deadline season a little bit like we saw last year. They made some random moves. You know, you you mentioned somebody, even if it's not an upper minor league, like upper tier minor league catcher, just somebody else to add depth, like they did last year trading for Ben Roertvett. Uh. You can see that kind of move as well, sticking in the starting rotation real quick. So let's say there's kind of I don't want to say it's a worst case scenario because I would say worst case scenario is like you know, Rally Metior falls on Dodger Stadium something like that, which would be less than idea. But that is a worst case scenario. But glas Now isn't healthy. They aren't able to land Trek Scooble. You are our resident Roki Sasaki apologist. I have I have been positive on him, but I've also questioned whether or not I've forced the positivity at times because every time we're talking about, yeah, you know, he's taking these steps forward, he's looking good. We're also still seeing then era every time near five and that hasn't changed. Now we're into July. Can Rokie Susaki start a postseason game for this team if needed? And should he?
Speaker 2: I mean can he?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I guess set you up poorly?
Speaker 2: Should he?
Speaker 1: If the Dodge is being a fourth starter not named Tyler Glass. Now come October and you have Otani, Yamamoto and Snell.
Speaker 2: In your rotation. I don't think it's Sasaki on that list, on that depth chart.
Speaker 1: I think it's Rebuski. I think you go Robuski there. So can Sasaki start sure? Is it their best option at the moment? No?
Speaker 2: And that's okay because as we talked about, like.
Speaker 1: Roki is still progressing, he's still developing again. In the perfect situation, come October, the Dodgers pitching side looks like Otani, Yamamoto, Snell, Glass now and then a bullpen that is Diez, Robleski, Sasaki, Shean maybe a healthy River Ryan at that point. And that's not even getting into the guys that have carried the bullpenal season long, right, and the Tanner Scott's and the Alex Besias of the world. So can Rokie start sure? Could they play matchup. Could they piggyback? Sure, they can do whatever they want in the postseason because they are so deep. But if you're just naming a starter outside of the four at this point that warrants the most consideration is our friend.
Speaker 2: Of the show, Justin Raerbuski. He's the one that I would trust if it was, you know, and we say an.
Speaker 1: Emergency and it sound dramatic because he's one of the best pitchers in the National League this year. But if one of those starters isn't able to go and you need someone to start a playoff game, to me, it's for Busky.
Speaker 3: Put that fin up, Finn up. Are we doing that? Are they doing that in the clubhouse? I hope not, because they're all grown men there. I guess you know. I should add if it is an actual worst case scenario that would be Snell doesn't bounce back or Glass now, then all of a sudden, you need to fill two spots in that postseason rotation. But then again, you could also think back to two years ago where the Dodgers were able to manage with three and a half, maybe even like two and three quarter starters to make it to and through the Yankees in the World Series. I'm sure Dave doesn't want to do that again. I'm sure a lot of fans don't want to see that that sort of scenario happen again. Final thought on this, I mean we've mostly already addressed it, but flashback to two three weeks ago. I was hopeful, but I didn't think we would see this version of Tommy Edmund that we've seen so far. Small sample size for sure. I mentioned I think last week I could see, like if you have to gun to your head, bold prediction, maybe they're in the market for a second basement. I think they got their guy, and with Will Smith eventually coming back knock on desk here and of course Keiky Hernandez offensively lineup wise one through nine, one through thirteen, they feel like there there's no moves to be made.
Speaker 1: So I used to Execs love to like speak in their little cliches, especially this time of year, and I would get so frustrated when I would hear execs say, well, we're supposed to get this player back from the IL, so it's just like making a trade. And I'd be like, it's literally not like making a trade. But for the Dodgers, they can am I justify this because the players that are going to be coming off the IL as early as Evan Phillips, maybe right after the All Star break, maybe before, but it looks like right after all of these guys. First of all, I can see you guys comment about the color of my skin right now.
Speaker 3: I'm just literally just looking at that for.
Speaker 1: Me, like one hundred dollars room hotel night right now. And I'm using my light is quite literally a lamp.
Speaker 2: So just let it go. Okay, leave me alone?
Speaker 3: Can we add? You guys should see before I adjusted the temperature, I mean yeah, I did some.
Speaker 2: So poison. Anyway, back to my very important speech, the.
Speaker 1: Guys that are coming off the Dodger's IL are going to make them better than arguably any trade that can make not name school.
Speaker 2: So you think about what Blake Snell and Tyler Glass.
Speaker 1: Now due to that rotation, Edwin Dia is, Evan Phillips to that bullpen kick Hernandez to the depth. Again, we don't really know what the market looks like to its full potential, but right now, the guys coming back from the injured list are the Dodgers' second half editions.
Speaker 2: And then what they you in the second half.
Speaker 1: We know this, especially if they can really put the Padres away this series and kind of essentially lock up the division before the All Star break. You're just staying healthy, you're coasting, and you're hoping that when you get to October, you're playing for the buye. So do they need to go out and trade away from their farm system to add a middle infielder that's going to displace Tommy Edmond, who has come back and been one of the most consistent producers and contributors since coming off the IL. It just creates a bigger log jam, and they don't really need that because they have so many players already coming back. Now, another thing that the Dodgers need to be cognizant about, and they are, is sustaining their farm system and sustaining their player development because they've lost a lot of ways to augment their farm system over the last couple of years. And we know that Andrew Friedman wants this to be a consistent, dynastic run. This is not just three Peter bus. This is a hopefully win a third straight World Series and continue being a perennial contender for the next decade. To do that you have to have a consistent churn of players in your system. The Dodgers lost what their second, third, fifth, and sixth round six round picks in the draft this year. They continue to take multiple hits in international bonus pool.
Speaker 2: They lost all of their.
Speaker 1: International bonus pool signing money almost when they signed Roki Sasaki, so they are losing ways to continue to replenish their farm system. The best way that they can do this right now is through trade with some of the talent they already have, so trade away again a need to acquire another need.
Speaker 2: That makes a ton of sense for me if you're the Dodgers.
Speaker 1: So they don't really have a lot of need at their major league roster and their major league roster right now. If they think they're going to get most of their help from guys coming off the IL, they'd like to address their farm system, and they're in a unique position with their outfield market to do so. All of this could change as early as tomorrow depending on the market in health, but for right now, that's where things stand with the Los Angeles Dodgers.
Speaker 3: And we also we've seen it year in and year out, particularly the last two years. Whoever is in left field or at second base or in center field if needed. They're just a placeholder for o oktober. You know, like this is keik A turns it on and as long as that obleak is healthy, he's gonna be fine. And one of the things I wrote down, because you know, I got a small idiot brain and I'll forget, is they do not what you're saying here to button this up in great conversation. I enjoyed this. The Dodgers do not over react. They do not. They read and react and they do it better than everybody. And again that's why they have been winning since twenty thirteen, since Guggenheim took over, since Andrew Friedman came in and started running the organization. They don't over react. And recently, I think it was Keith R. Nandez who mentioned watching PCA play against the Mets, they traded away pie Crow Armstrong, who Yeah, Dodgers fans, we have our beef with PCA. They traded away it for two months of Javier Baiaz and didn't even make the postseason. That would be the worst case scenario, and thank god the Dodgers don't do that.
Speaker 2: That's just I'll expressed us like that.
Speaker 3: No built built different guys. We'll be back. We got just a little bit more DT for you before we get out of here, before she has to go to work and all that kind of stuff, and a lot I'm going to tell you about FanDuel.
Speaker 6: This episode is brought to you by fan Duel Baseball Fans. The MLB season is in full swing, and fan Duel is giving you a chance to call your shot with Daily Dingers. Joining the action is easy. Just make your free pick on who's hitting a home run in their game, and if you're right, you'll get a profit boost to use on your next bet for a chance at extra winnings. It's just another reason why fan duel is the home of home runs. So are you ready to play your game? Head over to FanDuel dot com slash podcast to get started. That's FanDuel dot com slash podcast. To opt in for Daily Dingers and make your free pick on who's hitting a homer, playball and swing for the fences on fan Duel, an official partner of Major League Baseball. No purchase necessary, very often required. Bonus issued as non withdrawable profit boost tokens. Restrictions apply, including any token expiration and max wager amount. See terms at sportsbook dot FanDuel dot com. Gambling problem call or text one eight hundred gambler before.
Speaker 3: We move on, we also want to before we move on, we also want to remind you guys go check out Dodgers Territory Shop dot com. Get yourself some merch, help support the show, and appreciate it. If you did, you can get a whole baby on there. I thank scan that QR code click the link in the description below. You also want to support us by becoming a member, Well, we need to figure out the next happy hour date, but it will come soon. Three nine nine a month gets you a Diamond level YouTube membership. You also get a discount in the store there and other stuff that If it's me that's supposed to be doing it, I've been bad. I've been bad at it, and I'll try my best to do better at giving polls and things. But before we head out of here, I really hate the way the All Star Game voting works, multiple rounds and all that kind of dumb stuff, because I think there's just much like me in big dumb brain. It's hard to pay attention to when you're supposed to vote. But anyways, the point is you haven until tomorrow to vote your Dodgers into the All Star Game. We need more love for Andy po Hez, who is out on the outside looking in right now. Thankfully, months is the leading vote getter at third base, so he should be starting there. But woh, make your pitch right here. Implore people to go out there and vote Andy po Has. And also it's important to dote. You don't need to vote for anybody else in the outfield. Just vote Piz. Don't give them any more clout.
Speaker 1: Well, I think the Dodgers made my pitch pretty easy for me. They just put out a tweet saying Andy is just one percent away from being a starter at the All Star Game. So if you send the Dodgers a screenshot showing that you voted today, you'll be entered for a chance to win an autographed Andy po Has baseball.
Speaker 2: That's straight from the Dodgers' Twitter account.
Speaker 1: We've talked all season about how Andy pas is very worthy of this honor. He's not one of the best defensive set of hillers in baseball. He has bounced all of the lineup for the Dodgers. He's still producing in a number two hole that isn't exactly favorable for him in his overall swing, but it's Andy pa Has, so it doesn't matter. He can get it done. I'll be one of the All Star Game this year. It's a travesty, that's all right. So hopefully, with the power of Dodger territory, we saw what it did for Justin Rabluski, can we do the same for Andy pa Has. I think it would be just so incredible for that, especially given Dave Roberts and his staff being the coaches yet.
Speaker 3: Again, and shout out to the name here reptar, we love, we love a good Uh crap? What was that? Was that cartoon back in the day rug Rats? Let's say, I don't know if you were old enough for Rugrats, I think you would have been just the that's prime, prime Rugrats guy. Another thing. A couple of guys, maybe future former Dodgers. They're making the All Star Futures games down there triple a minor league level. A couple of big names you mentioned, probably no Depaula on the trade market, but maybe and my favorite Mike Sioda. Uh you just tweeted this a little while ago. Are these final the futures rosters. Yes, okay, two Dodgers representing the Dodgers organization at the Futures game, which is Monday. No, it's a Sunday, right, Sunday.
Speaker 2: I don't even know what the draft is. Everything is happening too fast. I can't believe it's a lie. First happened? What happened?
Speaker 3: Yep, that's about it. Hopefully you guys enjoyed this. I enjoyed the show. This was a lot of fun. We'll have Riz back, and we'll also enjoy having Riz back on Thursday, twelve o'clock Pacific, three pm Eastern, after the Dodgers complete their sweep of the Sacramento Bullpen.
Speaker 2: On a night getaway day is crazy, That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Charlie Barnes, Charlie Barnes Truthers rise, this is your day. Guys. Make sure you go follow her. That is at Katie j Wu on the social media. I'm real f RG on the social media, but we don't. We don't tell people that enough.
Speaker 2: But I just found out what that stands for.
Speaker 3: So that used to be the thing we we'd say that every time. Hey girl, that's that was my catchphrase, but all right, guys. Catchphrase, We'll see you the next one, buddy,