Speaker 1: Calls media. So the episode You're about to hear was recorded well before the explosions, the humanitarian crisis that the Israeli Hamas situation right now. And if you know how my show works, like I pride myself in not doing breaking news type shows because just the nature of like confirmation works. I want to make sure I'm moving slow. Leftover church stuff that I still hold to, which is proverbs being quick to hear and slow to speak. I actually again make it a value to not be the first one out the gate over a topic because there's like so many other things I want to be able to consider and be slow with how I think about those things. That being said, I attempted to gather and record a show about this situation, which essentially is you wasn't outside part two to be ready for this week, and I forgot to tell Matt that we needed to switch switch this order up, so he had already you know, mixed, mastered, and scored the episode you about to hear now, so to not add extra stress to Matt to be like no, no, no, no, no, no, do this one. You know, we're just gonna run with this. And I just want you to know, like trust me, I'm finna talk about it. You can refer to you Wasn't Outside Part one if you want to. This week where I do like a pretty long history, this the background of you know, what's going on between Israel and Palestein. I try to make a clear line between the difference between Palestinians and Hamas, between expansion and ethnic cleansing. But anyway, enjoy this piece, which I am really proud of, and know that next week will be dropping you Wasn't Outside Part two?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: That Scott's So I'm of the age where I just I was really blessed to have a childhood that really existed in the golden era or the final coming to fruition of a lot of cultural touch points that you know, we enjoy now. I just I just happened to be born in that beautiful window of like we had, you know, all the Nintendo and PlayStation gaming consoles, but we also got to go to arcade. It was just a dope time. You know, we played inside on the internet, but we also played outside. You drank from the water hose, you know, I still got to like I was allowed to have a bb gun, but also probably shouldn't know, because they look like guns. You know, I got to I got to get a got to do a lot of that. We got to see the Dogtown stuff, you know where it was like I'm not Tony Hawk's age, but we got to go see those guys create what became the X Games and kind of like just this era of just an amazing time to be a child and a teenager for that matter. You know, if you like a golden era of hip hop, like I just got to be alive for some of the dopest stuff. But I'm also I'm also not the type that like romanticizes nostalgia, like it wasn't necessarily better than you know, you kids don't know, man, we had a better Like I don't get in all that my era music better than your era music. Like I you know, listen, I'm not that type like I ever want to be. I always talk about this the old head, the dude in you know, the barbershop de scritatest rapper, a live y'all even know coulm ode Is, But like the guy that's like now, don't get me wrong, like especially during this like fifties anniversary, Like I still love seeing the rappers that I enjoy still got it. But again, I'm not so close minded as to think that, like you know, every era is different, and as long as y'all rock with, as long as y'all vibe y'all as y'all being true, y'all should enjoy what y'all got, So I'm not like that. But there are some things that I really wish y'all would have experienced y'all as in people sometimes people are older than me and people younger than me. There were just things that are I would say, honestly, like the emotions, the experience is irreplaceable. Don't get me wrong. The idea of having a cartoons and TV shows on demand is a lot doper than having to make sure you're home at eight o'clock, you know, or up at seven am on Saturdays, or you'll miss it. And if you miss it, you miss it. You just have to wait for the reruns. But at the same time, there is something dope about that ephemeral like we're collectively like Twitter, like when we used to do, like watch something like an award show or something in all of your Twitter feed was all watching the same thing. Like that feeling to where we're all like collectively experiencing the same thing at the same time. I said, that was a dope feeling as a kid, you know, watching your unfortunately like Cosby Show or yeah, like having to get up to catch your Saturday morning cartoons and like you know, have your little bowl cereal or your pajamas. Like it was exciting, you know what I'm saying, because it was ephemeral. But like the thing about like the TV show, like we would have that little Twitter dialogue, but it wasn't a real time like we would have it the next day at school. Yo. Did you see? Yo? Did you see? That? Stuff? Was fun? You know what I'm saying, Like the emotion tied to it and the collective experience like that was dope. But again, it was cool that the Internet let us be able to do it all at the same time. Anyway, I'm rambling on to bring you to an experience I think we've all had, and it's the universal feeling of getting your ass kicked multiple times in some video game. And I'm gonna use this to share with you the case of the Justice Department and Google Hood politics. Y'all. All right, So y'all know the situation in a gaming console whether you're playing online against a bunch of different dudes across the other you know, others all over the world, or you playing with a group of the homies, whether it's like a two K game or a Call of Duty situation or Fortnite, whatever it is, where there's just one dude that's exceptionally good at it. It's like, for whatever reason, they already got all of their like I don't know, I don't haven't gamed in a while, but power ups, you know, apply that to whatever game you plan. They've already unlocked all they've already like, they've already mapped out the missions, they've already got weapons stashed somewhere. Or if like if you're playing two K, it's like, man, their teams aren't even juiced up. They just like, I don't know, like it's just or they just played for so long and so well that they just know, they just know all the spots, they just know what to do, and they're just mopping everybody. I personally was a fan of I wasn't really good at like the sports games, which I know, at least among black men. That's kind of like, bruh, you like you're supposed to be good at least one of these two k's Mario Kart. You don't want it with me, you know, I used to be going to smash Bros. But like, I don't know, I'm just getting Oh, I can't smash bro like I used to. But mostly my lane was the fighting games, the Mortal Kombat, you know, even the new Mortal Kombats the back of the day, the teching street Fighter. Street Fighter was for me, that was the marijuana. That was the gateway drug. You know, we did school, go to the seven eleven to play Street Fighter. Right at the Street Fighter thing. The rule for the arcade was this, and this was my young childhood experience. You had a guy like it's just like pick up basketball, like winner stays on. So they're you know, the fighting games just like one on one. You feel me, And so if you wanted to challenge the dude, you put your quarter on because the games were a quarter to play. You put your quarter on the on the bottom of the screen to say like basically, I got next, and then you play against this kid. And for me, because of the part of town I was in, this was probably some sort of Asian kid, probably a Filipino kid. And you would go and you try to play play him, he pick his character or whatever, right, and he'd be kicking Yeah, he would just you just mopped the floor whatever. He just kicking all of our asses. He's just running through everybody, and he never gets off the game because he just he just keep winning. And it's like at some point, you like, whoever, which one of us got a better chance to beating him? Here, you could take a quarter. It's like, somebody, get this nigga off the game, you feel me, and you could be mad at him or like the name of this show, get your weight up, I mean, don't be mad at me, nigga, get your weight up. I mean I'm sorry, I'm good at it. What you want me to do, nigga, don't be better? Be better? All this nigga's not fair man. He got all of this, this and this. I mean, you already got alldered, you done, already unlocked all the codes, and it's just like, well, I mean, shit, you could do it too. What you mad at me for? Get your weight up now. On the other hand, is a thing that we all know as cheap codes. Now they are quot local your name cheat codes because They're not necessarily cheats in the sense that we all know them. All you have to do we used to get when I was little. Yeah, I'm like really really throwing throwing it back. This magazine called Nintendo Power. If you you subscribe to the Nintendo Power magazine, you would get full maps. Like you'd have to like you'd have to like pause the game, go to your Nintendo Power magazine. Now I'm noah, I'm like, I'm really little during this time, you know, but you they would, you know, the kids would like, you know, flip through their magazine and find the map you feel me, and it would show you, like the whole map of whatever level you on, and it would tell you which thing where to, you know, especially like when Mario, when Mario started getting like, you know, hitting hitting like Mario like on Nintendo sixty four. Now it's three D, you know what I'm talking about. So, like, you know, you couldn't just as quickly Google like you used to, or you know, it wasn't no message boards and thathing like you had to like look at a paper you feel me, and hope that this article that you got got the game that you playing, and you'd have to figure out the maps and it would tell you which one of these mushrooms. You know, it would tell you where all the little secret pass away. So I was great. So if this nigga beat you, he like, I mean the magazine available to you too. There used to be Now, I we wasn't wealthy enough for this man. No way in the world I could have done this. But there was a call in line. If you was stuck on a level on a Nintendo game, you could call Nintendo and ask them, like, yo, I'm super stuck, and it'd be some dude on the other side of the phone. Some for us grown ass man will walk you through. We were children, would walk you through the level and it would be like, are you cheating. It's like, well, no, nig I'm not cheating. Everybody can do this, like any The phone number available for everybody. Now, the phone number costs, y'all, Like, look, we're talking landline years. You feel me. So when you was not necessarily you know, as financially secure as something, the little kids, you couldn't just be calling these numbers out here. You know what I'm saying. This would show up on your phone bill. It's a problem. But they thing was like, yeah, I mean anybody could do this. Going back to the Street Fighter thing, Listen, you could play as much as I could play. If you got quarters, you could play. But if you was cheating, where you done already punched in some codes that unlocked it out. Like I said, you on two K all your players are maxed out because you got some sort of secret thing that don't nobody have. Oh no, wonder can't nobody beat you if you playing some sort of Call of duty or something like I said, like, I don't really know how those games work no more, but you know you done completed all the missions already and there's no way for us to level up because you got it all. I mean, now you're cheating. Going back to the Street Fighter one, that was a phrase called cheesing, and cheesing was essentially when you use the same move over and over. I can't get out the corner like you know, you Ryu, you doing the adukens or you or you I Honda and you're doing the little hand thing you know, up and down, up and down, up and down, or you blanking, and you just keep electrifying and spinning yourself and I can't do nothing. That's called cheat. You're doing the same move over and over. That's not fair. And when you cheasing, you could get put off the machine because it's like, nah, it's not fair. You cheazing. You like, nigga, but I won, And it's like, Nigga, it don't matter. That's you can't win like that. You can't win cheesing that that's cheesing, that's what they called it. Whereas that kid's defense is like, but I won, you, I like, I don't understand what the problem is. Well, you're not giving everybody else a fair shot. That's not the game. The game isn't to give you a fair shot, nigga. The game is to win. And what I am doing is not cheating. These are moves. They are moves that are allowed in the game. Fuck at you talking about now again. If you've got some sort of code that you put into your players so when you punch it takes out the power at a level that the rest of us could never keep compete with, then yeah, maybe that's cheating. If you don't like you handed that, you handed the controller over to your homeboy, and the controller you done changed all the buttons up? You feel me? Okay? You cheating? You already know that your remote Bluetooth other remote Bluetooth disconnects every once in a while, so your moves will be slower. Okay, you cheating, Like that's clearly cheating. But if you're not doing something like that, or if it's something that you can't necessarily prove, like I didn't purposefully give you a bad remote, and look if you like, look, I'll switch remotes. If I switch remotes and still whoop your ass. I don't understand why you so mad at me. Well, it's because your players, your character, whatever it is, is already maxed out. You already know the map, You already got all the stuff you done already, you know, stashed away everything, Like what can I do? And I'm gonna respond to you like nigga, run your play, get your weight up. And if you mad in me, like sometimes your defense could be like, fam, I'm not even that good, Like I may be beating all of y'all niggas, but like you know, once you start signing up to E sports, I'm like, nigga, I'm trying to compete a it's these world where now you win. You know what I'm saying, You can win a million dollars, like I'm playing against these you know twitch streamers that like, I don't got no weight at all, Like you mad at me for beating y'all, Like nigga, do you see them? That's who I'm really competing with. I can't even keep up. Mad at me, nigga, get your weight up. You could play the same game I play. You mad at your homeboy? Get all the girls? You know? You mad at you know what I'm saying. You mad at this nigga because he getting all the girls. He like nigga shaved, Nigga, take a shower, get some better clothes, nigga. Don't be mad at me. Get your weight up. You mad at me for it? You know what I'm saying. Your shoes are they all toe? All ran over? Nigga, they scuffed up? Like, get your weight up, don't be mad at me. Therein lies the case with Google. Now let's get to it. After this, Brizzik aways away away away, All right, we're back. I guess this is ultimately like a kind of how much a dollar cost kind of question episode kind of more about economics than anything, because there's two big questions being answered or asked right here. And it's like what do we mean by what is a monopoly in the age of the Internet, you know, and chat GBT for that matter. And how is the Internet going to move forward? Remember I told you earlier, like we got some cases in the in front of the Supreme Court that's like probably going to break the Internet. This is another one of those cases. The Internet has gone through a couple evolutions, and I think if you're not if you're not really terminally online or into like history, probably not think about it like as such. Because the first version of the Internet was like cute and funny and like wing things. We remember I told you on that episode, like we used to not even sell things on it. Nobody thought you could could make money on the Internet. It's just stupid little websites about flowers, you know, and like message boards like that was like pre internet. Internet and the Internet two point zero is the version that we all live in right now. That's the actual money being exchanged. There's a social media, there's like the Internet, and then the baby of the Internet as we know it, the first fully evolved pokemon of the Internet is these large search engines such as Google. But who had to take the l who was the t one for that was Microsoft, because Microsoft was this version of the Internet of the computer age that nobody had seen before. It was like, y'all too powerful. This looked weird to us. We don't understand that, y'all, y'all got too much weight. This some'm not right. If you Microsoft, you like, oh, that's cause you don't understand. I'm just one of many. I just happened to be the loudest. Just what I'm doing is working, but like I can't nobody, you can't regulate that, I can't control it. It's important in this Google case to kind of look back at that Microsoft case where basically Microsoft just settled and paid the fines. You know what I'm saying, Like it just and that was the last time like the US government tried to take a tech company to like trial. And I think partially because you know, as we know, the governments ran by dinosaurs, you know what I'm saying, I just and it's not so much the age thing, which I think I'm gonna do an episode on, like I'm gonna call like the og dilemma because you know, Mick Jagger the same age as as Mitch McConnell and it seemed like he got all his faculties. So maybe it's not an age thing. It's just the like a relevancy. Can you like stay tapped in? If your health is fine, you can stay tapped in. I don't care how old you are, because with age come to wisdom. So just because you old, don't make you irrelevant, because you could be young and irrelevant for fake Anyway, it's hard to try something and to adjudicate something when you don't understand what the something is. That's kind of the problem with the internet. And I think now where we're at, the concept of a chat GPT, the concept of AI. Right, So here's the situation. The first thing you got to ask yourself is what is a monopoly and what does that mean? In a free market capitalistic society, we believe the live we tell ourselves. You heard me right. The live we tell ourselves as a country is that we are a We are free market capitalists, which says this, everybody gets a shot. The best product at the best price wins. We all use the game of monopoly. We're supposed to all start with the same two hundred dollars on the same board, with the same opportunity. And if you just get your weight up, you start buying up property, You spend your money wisely, you invest smart, you know what I'm saying, and you put you know, if it's the drug game, you feel me, you get you get the product on the load. Make sure that product good. You got goons that protect your work. You know, you've convinced the city that you to do that, you to dawned. You know what i mean. Top Boy the new season, the Top Boy out right, and this is the perfect example of that. I'm not gonna do no spoilers, but just follow me. Just think of the characters. If you watching Top Boy, then you understand what I'm talking about. You just you get your weight up, get your situation right. Make sure you loved among the among the community. You know, or you you you you feared among the community. You become the only plug you know. And if you're the only plug that you got the best weight, you got the best work, then these people gotta work with you. Ain't got no yo. I've eliminated my competition. I eliminate my competition by any means necessary. It's a free market. They they could have clapped at us. They didn't, so we clapped at them first. But the idea is that the competition, right, that's the buy let the buyer beware. That's the free market. That's why lot of times these conservative folks it's like, just don't let the government be involved in all, like, because the consumer will decide if you got the best product at the right price. They don't need to tell me what to do. Like if I could get you know, this vacuum, I don't know. I thought. I just looked at the vacuum, and that's why. If you got a better vacuum, that's dope, but it costs too much. I mean, then cool, sell to your rich clientele, but I don't want it. But if you're trying to do no, I want to lock in. You know when you Target or you Nordstrom, you feel me, or Target or you Walmart, whatever it is, it's like you lock in your customer and you just you give them the best You give them the best product at the best price. What's the problem. That's what free market capitalism is supposed to do, and what it's supposed to do is to say that that competition will give us the best thing. But we all know what actually happens, Like take the Popeye's chicken sandwich. They say, oh, you know hey, competition creates diversity and innovation. But rather than competition, you get copycats. Everybody just made a chicken sandwich, yo, it just try to compete with it, you know, It's just it's not competition. It's the same sandwich, you feel me, which was funny to me. But also what happens is this is this in what our government when they talk about anti trust laws or monopolies are talking about this. So I'm going to quote from a thing called investopia, right, which is easily googled, you know, like I'm not this isn't deep card journalism, Like you can just google what is a monopoly? And invest hopia is a good place to start, as like, and I use this specifically because it is so user friendly. This is very simple, simplified, so it's complicated, But essentially is this a monopoly is a market structure where a single seller or produce assumes the dominant position in an industry or a sector. Monopolies are discouraged in a free market economies as they stifle competition and limit substitutes for consumers. So what does that mean well, the best example is the case we're going to talk about is Google, right, but I'll get to that. Let me let me, let me lean into that. Let's let's say thd off Google for a second, and let's just say let's use Netflix. You guys know, Netflix was rental DVDs, right, and then eventually it became a streaming service. Well, when they were streaming service, it's like, well, that's where everybody, that's where all the eyeballs are. You got all these subscriptions. So if you're a movie you know, or television production house, you're trying to get your shows there. You're trying to get your your stuff on Netflix because they are if anything, they're the store. They are where everybody's at. You could the same example for a grocery store, like if this is the grocery store, that's where everybody is. That is the as they say, the marketplace. Everybody there. And it's so crazy. It's so easy to explain this because so much of our life is like this.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: They are the platform. Netflix is the platform, that's where the movies are stored. I'm just using that as the streaming service. But then Netflix started producing their own content and if they produce their own content. Then now they're the store and the product. So if they're the store and the product, what incentives do they have to carry your products when they can make their own? Like, why would I? And what I'm gonna do is I'm gonna put my products in the front of the store. I'm gonna make sure as soon as you open Netflix, the ones that I'm suggesting are the ones that we made. Oh, you can still go find your show from ABC. You can still go find your your movie that you was waiting to get to streaming. Then you could find it somewhere, but it's still here. But what I want you to get is the stuff we make. Well, now you've cornered that there's no like you got to imagine this as a world that there's no other streamers. Right, So if you're the only store, you've just you've made it impossible for anyone to produce any other content. All right, let me jump you up even higher. What if Netflix came already loaded onto all of our phones and televisions and they tried their best to set up a exclusive deal where they're the default streamer. Now, O, there's other streaming services, but like your TV automatically turns on Netflix. You feel me? Does that make sense? What incentive does if you if everybody is at your spot, you gonna sell them your product. I'll carry your stuff because you gotta pay me right to carry your stuff. But why would I? Why would I do that? Why would I? Why would I? What difference does it make? So what happens with the consumer is we now have no choice, Like there's no other place to get product from. You're the main product in this world. I guess. I guess I'm watching your show because I mean I have to. I have to dig to find these other ones. And then eventually everybody else is like, well, I mean it's not even it's not even worth it putting my product in here if you're only gonna push your own stuff. So either I say, hey, that's no fair, or I go get my weight up and I create my own service. You see that spurs competition. Like, here's an interesting fact. I don't know if y'all knew this, but Spotify was gonna start its own record label because Apple had it for a little bit. Spotify was gonna start its own record matter of fact, I was in line to be one of the artists. And you know what happened with Spotify's label It don't exist. Why because every other label promised to remove all they artists from Spotify because they was like why and the hell would we? We didn't come here to build No. No, if you're gonna have your own artists again, you have no incentive. What's the point of us being here? Like, I'm not gonna just be here. Take it all of our promotions, all of our work to push your artists, because that's ultimately what we'll be doing. Spotify was like twoche cause and they took it down. So then now like as I feel like Apple TV, they product is their shows, the streaming service, there's there's I love their shows. I feel like they haven't missed. That's just me personally, But that's because now there's competition. And why that happens is because of antitrust laws, so that Netflix can't be like, no, Nigga, we the only streamers, just like when you again the Street Street stuff, like nah Nigga, we the only suppliers. You got to get it from us. Because if we're the only supplier you got to get it from us, I could charge you whatever the fuck I want to charge you. Netflix can charge you whatever the fuck they want to charge you, because there's nowhere else for you to go. Ain't nobody else got a service, anybody else stream where you're gonna go. That's a monopoly. My prices are set because you don't have an option. My product quality is not good because I'm competing against as good because or not good because you ain't got no choice. You got to get what I give you. That's a monopoly. The way that our country is supposed to be set up is to be like, no, you can't do that, because that's not fair to the consumer, nor is it fair to what we want, which is more business stimulated in our economy. You're not allowed to be the only the own that's that is to use the game analogy, the cheat code, you're cheating. You can't be the store and the product. You can't be the only option. If your product is just better than mine, rather than you eliminating me, that's different. But if it's like every time, like again, let's use a brick and mortar thing. If every time I want to set up a store, a shop for me to sell my little wares, but you own the building, you know, what I'm saying, And now you choosing whether I can rent from you or not? Right, and if you charge me to rent, the rent you're charging me is outlandish. Well then how I can't Like, there's no way for I can't compete? Like you sell the same product I sell. You got a shop like mine, but you own the building it's in. Then you got a competitor shop across the street. It's like, it don't matter how good my product is. I may be able to carve out a little, but I was like, I can't. There there's no way to play. So then the government set comes in and says that's not good for all of us, Like, you can't, you can't do that. That's that's a you're breaking antitrust laws, to which the other company would reply, how about y'all just get your weight up.
Speaker 2: Let's take a break, get you away, get you.
Speaker 1: Away, Get you away, get you away. So here's the case against Google. The Google situation is this, depending on whatever smartphone you have, your Google search engine is your only option. It's just it defaults to it. Why because Google, rather than just making their product, they went to this. They were smart. They went to smartphone makers and they set up deals and content tracks with them. They said, look, let us be your default browser. I mean, like why not? Why would you not do that? Like yo, like I got this product, I'm like, yo, how about I be your default now? As y'all know, like the term is you biquito is Google is a verb. Now how did they do that? There were other there's other search engines bing y'all remember asked Jeeves whatever it is, it's like according to Google, and this is a defense that like you can't shake your fist to It's like but it's but it's good. We like it, Dez And somebody like me is like, I mean I don't give a shit, Like if I'm looking for something, that's just that's what I'm looking for.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: Your iPhone comes with Safari, so when you type in you know where the URLs are. When you're searching for something, your Safari app is going to pull up Google searches because it's just that's the deal they made. I mean, your being could have done that. You could have done that. Get your weight up. What you mad at me for? I'll mad at me for doing good business? Right, that's their argument. It's like, well, I mean, well, damn, Like, why would I not take this shot? They're like, well, you haven't given anybody else a chance. You're monopolized. They're like, y'all could opt it, you could put in what everything. You was like, No, you're the default setting for most of our products, for your laptops, for your everything. Your default setting is a Google search engine. Now on top of that, where it gets even more crazy, Google scrapes a fiendish amount of your personal data and they take that and they sell it to the advertisers, which a lot of us don't like. But at the end of the day, what are you going to not Google things? Then? And then they sell it to advertisers, and that's how you got to do it now. Now, Now, the the state departments argument about that is you've created a monopoly. Monopoly now for average we don't have to like, we can't talk about your price points because there's no other There's nobody else I could go to. There's nobody could compare it to. And even if your product ain't good, even if like I'm not yielding the results I want to look. I sell coffee, and sometimes I gotta pay for like search engine optimizations. I gotta pay for ways to like, make sure y'all find terraform, coldbrew dot com, terraform, colbrew dot com, promo codprop to make sure y'all find that. I gotta pay you know, some Google analytics advertising services, but I can only go to them because I'm not gonna I'm not gonna pay for being nobody uses bing And they're saying, because of that, because there's no competition, Google's price could be whatever they want it to be, and even if it's good or not doesn't matter. You won'ta pay what you're gonna pay because there's no other competition. And they're saying, that's a monopoly. You've you've you've created a monopoly. Now that's not fair for advertisers. So those are those two. This is how the advertising thing becomes a part of the case. That's the kid that I mean, you mad at them for subscribing to blogs and YouTubers that explain maps of games like you could subscribe. What you mad at me for for doing research and setting up a situation? What you mad at me for like when I was a kid, what you mad at me for for asking my mom to like give me, you know, don't give me lunch money, give me quarters, and just I play all. I mean, what you mad at me for? Get your weight up, ask your mama to give you quarters. And then finally it sets them up for a future monopoly, which is super interesting because the future monopoly is over AI and chat GPT. Now, whatever you may or may not know about AI and chat GPT, let me tell you this. It's like, it's not really cree. Y'all have to understand, it's not necessarily creating new knowledge at all. Matter of fact, there's this interesting read for The New York Times about chatchipt and Wikipedia and how Wikipedia plays with Google. How Google basically scrapes Wikipedia, and then chat GPT is scraping Google. So you're like three degrees two degrees separated from an actual human inputting verifiable knowledge. And it's not like Wikipedia is perfect. But these large language models, which is how AI chats are trained, they rely on. I mean, Google's the largest in the world, single largest in the world, like by miles, amount of data of human information and language. It's in Google because we all use it, which is why they can charge whatever they want for advertisers. But if chat GPT is just scraping their information and then putting it together. There's things out you know, some of y'all. Y'all you've heard about chat GVT hallucinating, which basically what that means is like again, because it's just pulling shit from the Internet. Maybe before the Wikipedia editors can catch a troll from putting like false shit inside the thing, it's now piecing together these facts that aren't facts at all. And if you're paying attention to your chat GVT, you're like, wait, what, so it's you far from being able to write your turn paper off of chat GPT without having to double check and verify its information because number one, chat GPT is designed to make it feel like you're talking to a human and humans are often wrong. Yo, I'm saying it's supposed to feel natural. They don't always have a fact straight and it also oversimplifies. But all that to say, what's feeding the future of what you and I know as knowledge, the future of the Internet as we know it, It's Google because AI ain't going nowhere. It's only gonna get more sophisticated. We only gonna do it more. But if it's trained on bullshit, it's then that's all we gonna get garbage in garbage out my homeboys, my homeboys, sweat girl. That's father in love, y'all know. But he would say, hey, look man, you can't check. You can't make chicken soup out of chicken shit. You feel me? So all that to say, right now, Google got a control on the future of the Internet. That's another monopoly sore because that's what basically, that's what AI has trained on is the ship that say I'm on Google, to which Google would say, don't get better, get better, I'm sorry for succeeding. If now their real defense is this, but people like it. I mean, I don't know what to tell you. People like the product. But also their defense is which I think is super interesting because it's generational. You niggas are dinosaurs. If you think Google us as a company, as a search engine are competing against other search engines, then you're old because as we all know, what you search things on it's TikTok. What you search for things on is am Amazon dot com. Again, I'm not competing against being nigga. I'm competing against TikTok. Nigga ain't dwarfing us. I'm trying to keep up with TikTok. You know, people ain't typing into Google. They're typing in the YouTube, which is good for Google because they own it. But even our combined forces compared to TikTok. Come on, fam, that's who were trying to keep up with you mat it? You I ain't bit more worried about No Mozilla, y'all looking at this all wrong, you dinosaurs. I ain't got a monopoly on shit. I'm just outperforming these younglings. Is they argue it again? Going back to the kid that's whooping your ass in two K He's like, oooh, I'm an esports gamer like y'all are just trash Like, no, nigga, I'm trying to keep up with these fools. The code dot got ain't even good enough. So how this thing comes about may or may not break the Internet as we know it. This is a third thing. What a time to be alive? You about to y'all teasing about web We all thought Web three was crypto and NFTs. Nigga, that was the rough draft where we at Now what's about to become? Right now? I don't even know these these new niggas. Are we going from backpack gangs to rap drug dealers to mumble rap nigga to whatever the hell out Now, it's these these new niggas. You feel me, It's almost like it's almost like Crypto era was like that was the Cali Swag Unit. That's that was the jerking scene where it was like it was hot. Don't get me wrong, it had this moment. I'm not saying that as a disc I'm just saying this wasn't necessarily the future, my nigga ya y'all. I'm saying, like, the future is something way more evolved than this that nobody saw coming. I thought it was the future too. So the question we asking is who owns the future? And what the hell is a monopoly in a world that essentially is powered by AI nigga? Hell if I know.
Speaker 3: Hood politics, y'all.
Speaker 1: You know, I don't know why I ain't thought of this before, but you know, you could use promo code hood for fifteen percent off on terraform colbrew dot com. Like I forgot I own that company and this is my pod, y'all, Go ahead and punch it. Promo cod hood if you in the cold brew gets you some cold brew, gonna get you some coffee. Yeah, Like I cant believe. I ain't think it is still right now, y'all. Y'all, This thing right here was recorded by Me Propaganda and East Lows, boil Heights, Los Angeles, California. This thing was mixed, edited, mastered, and scored by the one and the only Matt Awsowski. Y'all check out this fool's music. I mean it's incredible. Executive produced by Sophie Lichterman for Cool Zone Media. Man, and thank you for everybody who continue to tap in with us. Make sure you leaving reviews and five star ratings and sharing it with the homies so we could get this thing pushed up in the algorithm and listen. I just want to remind you these people is not smarter than you. If you understand city living, you understand politics.
Speaker 2: We'll see you next week.