Speaker 1: That joke when the rents passed you in the carball Star, when the only sponsors like broken hard, We're hanging on this janky stream.
Speaker 2: Two weird voices in.
Speaker 3: The glow of a streams.
Speaker 2: The womb who say to let it laugh, welcome back to take the brand. A new episode. This is Laugh with Me, the podcast with Jeremy Oda. But I'm your home.
Speaker 3: Jeremy stairs at the stats, hands shaken over takeout boxes. Johnny's already mapping hotels on a napkin with crazy crosses. Thank quin jobs, Hey kind, tell their bosses catch the show.
Speaker 1: Boss just shrugs, Oh, it's funny.
Speaker 2: Johnny grants y'all, nevern up, Hey, it's j oh. Thank you. Thank you so much to everyone that checked out Laugh with Me Laugh week. If you listen, if you downloaded, Holy cal thank you very much. We just set a brand new show record over one hundred and three thousand downloads. Now we only had the one one new episode last week. I just I just want to say, if you checked it out, we had no fumbles TV that was the episode last week. Or I gave you some of the jokes that I didn't get to say on Lavetty Vegas's TV show No Fumbles, which you can find on YouTube, so go check it out. He just had episode two release. Hype was not on that one. Yeah, Johnny, if we had booze, this would be the time to play the booze, I think, because you know your boy Levetti. He did not have me on episode two, but I did. I did hang out for the recording, which was great. Fun to see the show kind of behind the scenes. You know, some of the pictures you're seeing if you follow the Vetti on any of his platforms, some of the pictures you're seeing behind the scenes, it was that was your boy JL. It took those pictures. Yeah, it was. Actually it was fun to see behind the scenes, so check it out. You know, sometimes it's good to see how the sausage is made, right, never the hot dogs, but sometimes you want to see how the sausage is made. So thank you so much to everybody that checked out. Laugh with me last week heck of a run, and I think, you know, as we're gearing up, it is it's football season, it is August. This is kind of this is our time, this is our time to shine. We hear it. Laugh with me at Headquarters make football very seriously, and we tend to give We tend to give a lot of attention to football, and our listeners tend to enjoy it. Now, if there's a different feeling from this from the audience, I need to let me know. But I feel like everybody's kind of into the football content. So we will again for the third time ever, mister Eric Larson and I will be bringing you our NFL preview episodes that'll be rolling out over the next two weeks. So that's exciting. H Johnny, Johnny stepping his game up. He might even have something for us for this football season. It's no, all right, he may not, but he might as well. He might. He might. Also we know we're still we're still working on that, Johnny, all right either way. But also you can catch me on WTL Where's the Line with Andy Classen and that is Nebraska's first and only sports betting show. And I'll tell you what I was just with Andy as we were recording this week's episode. And we've got we got quite the fall ahead of us. We plan on returning to the site Memorial Stadium where the Nebraska Cornhuskers take the field and giving you more pre game analysis. So that's gonna be fun. Make sure to keep your eyes peeled for some announcements on that. We have some fun new sponsors on the way, which is gonna which is gonna be a good time. It's gonna allow you guys to have some opportunities as well as football season to get yourself involved just a little bit. But w t L, where's the line? Make sure you check it out. It is officially football season. It is time to get you get your head right. Basically, it's time to get your head right. Speaking of getting your head right, here's here's what I've been Here's what I've been following on TikTok lately. And really, whatever algorithm you're involved in on TikTok is kind of where your head's at. I mean, whatever it is. So think about yourself. What are you seeing the most of as you're scrolling TikTok whatever that is. And I'm not judging, Okay, I've been involved in some weird TikTok out algorithms. I'm just saying, whatever yours is, that's what's going on in your brain.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 2: So here's what's going on in mine. Cave diving cave diving. And I'm not I'm not somebody who gets super claustrophobic, but I can. I've been in tight spots before and I've kind of felt it. I get more so claustrophobic when i get super super like hot, like warm, and I'm I'm like tight, like in with a bunch of people, like a big crowd, and there's nowhere you can go and there's nothing you can do. And then you start to like get the fast breathing because you're breathing because you can't. You can't. You just can't get fresh air. You're all sweaty, the sun's beating down on you. Concerts, I feel that someway at concerts. I like to be able to move around a little bit. But with that being said, this cave diving, I've been watching these people. Man, this is like this is their hobby. They just they like to dive in into the smallest possible hole into the ground and just explore. And I'll tell you what, I'm kind of into it, Like I think it's cool that they're doing this. I could never do this. I'm just I'm looking down right now, I've gained some weight. Let's be honest, I've gained weight. I am at the highest weight I have ever been in my life right now. And if I was to take that weight down into the caves, I got a feeling. I know where I'm getting stuck, you know, Johnny getting stuck at that dude? Thank you, Johnny. Now that belly, man, I definitely is where I would get stuck. Uh and then what you suck it in? But then you're stuck at the sides, like it's pretty tight spots. If you've never seen this where the people just go down in the caves. I'm gonna play some audio here. This is from a TikTok I watched these two. They're down inside a cave currently okay, but it's not going well. And now there is another part to it, and I'm not I'm gonna play that for you. I'm just gonna play this one little part. But the second part to this is them trying to get out. Now they do get out, nobody is gonna be putting on TikTok. I wait and think that they that they they die, but I could only imagine what they're what they're feeling, the disorientation, like, so Johnny, actually, will you look up, what are some of the fears people have or what are some of the issues people have when they go down into the caves. Okay, all right, so here's here's what actually kills like cave divers. So here's what they go through. Okay, Basically, they're they're lost or they get disoriented, which is what happens with these guys. Okay, when I play this clip, they do get a little bit lost and start to wonder where they're at. Okay, their visibility starts to deteriorate, and eventually you run out of breathing there oxygen. Now, because these are people that are just dropped, they're in there as little clothes as possible. Okay, and I'm not I don't mean they're wearing like booty shirts, but they're wearing like tight pants. They're wearing a tight shirt, they've got gloves, they've got you know, shoes that are built for for hiking. Because this is kind of the I would say this is probably pretty similar to to hiking. When you say cave diving, hiking, kind of the same thing, just maybe less danger involved in hiking or just different dangers. I guess I don't want to diss on the folks who hike but or downplay. I'm not dissing on anybody, but to downplay the hikers, but to beat down in a cave and the folks that I've seen, they do it in pairs, And I don't know if maybe that's something you're supposed to do, like maybe that's one of the techniques, is to go in pairs in that way if you do, in fact get stuck. Because I saw one TikTok where these two kids, they kids are tea, they're probably in their twenties, but they went down to the caves. One of them got stuck as their body was kind of like, uh, in an L shaped and he just couldn't get out. He just couldn't get out. And the one guy was able to go back and he was able to go and call for help. Well, then think about it. You're stuck down in tight hole down in the cave. When you get stuck and you call for help, that means the fire and rescue comes. They just got to go down in that hole and try to pull you out. I mean that's that's literally all they can do. Well, let's play this clip because I just want you to kind of get an idea of uh what what we're talking about her?
Speaker 5: Oh this is one of the worst.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, you gotta be kidding me.
Speaker 5: All right, so come in. Your feet are gonna hit this?
Speaker 4: No, no, just go over it.
Speaker 5: Let's go over this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I just keep scooting.
Speaker 5: Me when you go headlamp under you.
Speaker 2: Human should never ever put in this position.
Speaker 5: Here's your headlamp that you were riding on. This is where my caustophobia starts, really fucking me.
Speaker 4: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: There's a shoe and a glove down here too.
Speaker 5: Really, this is when I just play with rocks to distract myself from what I'm doing. It's all funny games until you get in here, and then.
Speaker 4: If I go into that next spot you can't turn around in.
Speaker 2: That it keeps going right, yeah, Oh my jesus, wait, when do we turn around?
Speaker 5: You can't for a little while. If you get wedged in there, don't freak out.
Speaker 4: You can.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, getting this is really fun, Brandon.
Speaker 4: So can you stand up yet?
Speaker 5: I can't even know. Oh Jesus, boy, I guess I gotta go.
Speaker 4: This is terrible.
Speaker 5: Why did I do this?
Speaker 4: Why did I.
Speaker 5: Come back a third time?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 5: I'll be over there in one second. Oh I hate this part so much.
Speaker 4: Oh me, oh shit, Oh wait, where are you here? That's the wrong way.
Speaker 5: Wait, I feel like, all right, well.
Speaker 4: I'm pretty ready to get out of here. To be honest, well, reached my limit, so this is the wrong You don't know.
Speaker 5: I just need to chill for a second.
Speaker 4: I don't remember this at all.
Speaker 2: I know this room is very just yet all the hole give directions and ship I need to get out, okay, eating for real? Yes, yeah, all of these.
Speaker 5: Are dead ends. I've never seen this part of the cave before. We gotta go through here, win right now? Alright, hold on, just let me get ahold of myself for a second. Yep, this way there we go. Perfect.
Speaker 4: Wait, I just come this way so we can turn around.
Speaker 5: I just want to get out of here, alright, Okay.
Speaker 4: Listens around.
Speaker 2: So these two they are down in the cave. There's just hole, just a random hole in the woods. They drop down in it, and they just want to explore. They spent three and a half hours in the cave. Three and a half hours. Now the next the final part, And I didn't play this, but the last part of this TikTok. There's a whole other part here. They do get out, it's three and a half hours, but they do get lost. They don't know where they're at. And that's the guys. His claustrophobia starts to really hit him, and he's going he's looking around and there's what maybe three four different holes that you could just keep going in, and he doesn't know which one the right way. But he's ready to get out. Okay, he's feeling it. He knows if he doesn't get out of this hole, there's gonna be problems. I can't imagine. I would be stressed, just wressed out. So I had Johnny look up some of the major hazards to look to look at or what they deal with when you're down in a cave. Now, obviously no direct access to the surface. So if you're hundreds of thousands of feet into a cave, simply ascending is not an option. Okay, So you just have to know mentally, this is where you're at. There's only one way out, and when it's time to go turn around and go back, it's turned time to turn around and go back. Now you can run out of air, and that's something that a lot of folks have to think about. Nearly a thousand recreational diving fatalities are found because they out of breathing air. Fort of the cases come out that way, so that's the biggest one. They probably get that claustaphobia. They're lost, eventually run out of air. You certainly will get lost. Cave passengers can branch repeatedly, okay, so losing the continuous guideline to the exit that can that can become caustophobic, zero fisibility, Okay, you're not gonna be able to see anything. So a lot of the folks that I've seen on TikTok cave diving, they do have one of those light headbands, okay, so as they're looking around, they have a spotlight. But that's all you got. There's not electricity down there, so you're not gonna have any ability to have secondary light. If you were to lose your headband light and if you don't bring that or flashlight, you're screwed. You could have equipment failure. That's another thing that folks deal with. Whether that's oxygen tanks of some type, the lights that would be the big one, the lights, or if your clothes get caught, if you were to break a limb something you know, physically cause which then could turn into a different medical emergency, like maybe a cardiac event or a seizure or a loss of consciousness. I mean, sometimes you can find water, right, but then what where's our water lead to? What kind of water's coming at you? What's in the water. I'm getting nervous just thinking. I'm getting nervous just thinking about it. The panic, the panic and overload of task. Here's that right there, I think is what would get me once things started to go south and you knew this is where I'm at, and you never know because the people I've been watching that our cave diving, there's usually two people, one of them fairly confident, keep going, here's what we're doing. You're doing good, blah blah blah, right, keeping the other one going. The other one is being honest, and I don't think I can go any further. I don't know where we're at. I'm stuck. What day is it? You know things like that? If you both panic, I mean, you gotta have one person that is locked in and they just know I despite how I'm feeling, what I say is going to have to be positive for the sake of the group, for the sake of the trip, sake for the dive, right has to because if not, I mean you maybe living down there, I'm actually surprised. And maybe they're good at this, you know, maybe it's not as in some of these caves, some of these holes out there. I mean, maybe there's not just people rotting in there. I mean, maybe they don't get that deep into it. I don't know, because otherwise, why wouldn't some of these people as they are, you know, as they're crawling around down there, you think they wouldn't come across some remnants of people, right, or animals or something. I just see a lot of clear cave. But again, that's just what I'm seeing because I guess if you die, you're not posting to TikTok, are you. You have to you have to schedule those things to post while you're down there. I wonder what kind of reception they get. I know they're filming, they have a GoPro, you know, like they're filming one. A kind of reception they get where maybe maybe they very well could post while they're down there in case things get dicey. I don't know that's something I would have do. One United States study, though, estimated about three hundred and six million recreational dives happened from two thousand and six to twenty fifteen. So nine years, okay, nine years, three hundred and six million recreational dives. Five hundred and sixty three deaths out of that three hundred and six million recreational dives. So it sounds fairly safe, right, It sounds fairly safe. I mean, that's only one point eight fatalities per million dives, so like, that's not too bad. But then when you factor in that that actually also primarily counts for recreational scuba diving and not just k diving. Well, I'm sure that risk, that risk jumps. I don't know, You're not gonna see me diving any caves anytime soon. I will certainly tell you that right now. You know, Johnny, I don't know if this is something. I mean, you're a runner. I don't know if running and hiking and is the same as you'd maybe want to jump into a cave hole, but it's certainly possibility. I don't know. One of the things that got me is like, because you know, you go like scuba diving. I mean you just swim up. I mean that's the deal, the normal scuba you know, the surfaces above you. You're voluntarily trapped until you want to be out, swim back up right. But not this, No, you are just sitting in the dark. I don't know, man, not my cup of tea, but I would. I'm interested. This is my TikTok, right, this is where my brain's at right now. What does it mean? There's gotta be some kind of like deeper meaning of why I'm into the cave dives right now. Like, it's not just I like watching people in tight spaces, you know, crawl around in the dirt. Some psychologists out there, I'm sure is breaking this down. There's gotta be something more to it. There's gotta be. Luckily, though, it's football season and we will have your NFL divisional previews and more. The only way that laugh with me knows how to do it. With Eric Larson and myself, we're gonna be bringing you our NFL preview here over the next two weeks. That's gonna be a good one, Johnny. No cave diving allowed in this one. No, We're just gonna be sitting in the studio, drinking beers, talking ball because it is in fact that time of here. So we will talk to you that next week. NFL Preview with Eric Larsen own laugh with me, that's so good.
Speaker 1: When the rents passed to in the carball star with they, when the only sponsors my broken heart. We're hanging on this chanky stream.
Speaker 2: Two weird voices in the.
Speaker 4: Glow of a stream. If the world say to let it laugh,