Speaker 1: Every day a week ago.
Speaker 2: Clicks up the Breakfast Club, y'all done morning.
Speaker 3: Everybody is the DJ Envy just Hilaris Charlamagne, the guide. We are the breakfast Club. We got a special guest in the building. All the Rosa is here with us as well.
Speaker 4: Special guests in the building comedian Earthquake.
Speaker 1: Wait, how you doing?
Speaker 2: Good morning bad Well, thank.
Speaker 1: You for having me. It's always honor to be here with y'all. Man.
Speaker 3: Congratulations you just got married recently, Yes, Bobbie Brown, Johnny Gill at the wedding.
Speaker 1: How about four.
Speaker 2: Weekend? The weekend that's right for earth.
Speaker 5: You know, it was my day, not just my wife. She didn't want to have a big wedding. She wanted to do a destination one. I would say, nah, I want everybody here. What you tell me? So I want to proof you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: And it was my day. It was a beautiful day.
Speaker 5: All my friends was there, all the comedians was there, and it was beautiful.
Speaker 1: It was it. It was every thing I dreamed of my day.
Speaker 2: Well made you want to finally settle down?
Speaker 5: Other right one I always looked for. I mean, I've always believed in quality over quantity. The only reason I had quality because I didn't have quality. So until I found that person and.
Speaker 1: It was it.
Speaker 5: I never my man who was never based upon how many women I've been with or that type of thing. I'm not down like that. I was always new. I used to say in my jokes all the time. People were like, well, quake, why ain't you made it? I said, because I'm one good black woman.
Speaker 1: For making it.
Speaker 2: Damn.
Speaker 1: I always knew that.
Speaker 5: You know, I was never gonna get the success that I got right now until I found her. You know, I listened to you the foundation you have to have that and you said, and I always researched.
Speaker 1: I just could not find.
Speaker 5: That partner, you know, and you know you know is you look for miss right, not miss right now. And then nothing wrong with them my past women, they just wasn't my women.
Speaker 1: They wasn't right for me. And I don't settle.
Speaker 6: So you just gave a great ball for anybody out there as a whole, because you said the only reason I was I had so much quantity is because I couldn't find quality.
Speaker 2: Exactly the nex time anybody I did get called a whole. Use that line a great line.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's the truth. I mean, because it's nonprofitable. I mean, it's nothing in it you I mean, but really, if you if you really think about it, if you break it down, it's the situation in for any man.
Speaker 1: If you don't love it, you're just sleeping with it. It's just for a feeling.
Speaker 5: So I have other things that give me just as much satisfaction of that feeling and dealing with a woman, so you get what I'm saying. So it didn't feel that for it that it was looking for until I found her.
Speaker 1: One of your best friends, one of my best friends, Jag. People don't know. He's one of the funniest dude out. I bring him on my show sometime and we've been friends for many years. How that happen, Well, he is from d C.
Speaker 5: And you know I followed him a lot of times and then I actually got to meet him at a club and we kicked off from there and we've.
Speaker 1: Been friends every since.
Speaker 2: That's dope.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my man, right there, he's my man. That's my man.
Speaker 7: Got the new comedy special.
Speaker 5: Comedy Special drop today and joke telling business because that's what I am in. I'm really to tell comedians it's time to be funny.
Speaker 1: If you're gonna.
Speaker 5: Say your comedian and fly that banner, be funny, you know what I mean, or take the banner down. You know, this is what we do. And I thought it was up to me at being in this games. I'm in the joke telling business. So all the other stuff y'all talking about the people that want to be pronounsticators, naz damas, selling what the future is and all this other stuff.
Speaker 1: If you're gonna say.
Speaker 5: You're comedian, you need to tell jokes and be funny. And all these comedians still riding on their previous you know, loans and stuff on it. I think, just like a driver's license, comedians need to get their license renewed. Say you funny, you know, drop us something to say you steal are comic.
Speaker 1: You can still saying I used to be on death Jee and and all that.
Speaker 5: You know you ain't come on. Time for you to renew your license to say you funny. If you're gonna fly under the banner of being a comedian, say what you ain't or say what you are. But you can't be us unless you be funny. And I want to say it was funny Saturday night. It was a pleasure being with you in Indianapolis, and I've seen you grown and keep doing your things, and don't keep doing your thing.
Speaker 6: Expound on that though, what's the biggest difference between being funny and being a professional comedian who understands this is actually a business.
Speaker 1: Well, a lot of people fall off.
Speaker 5: And She'll tell you have to once you get to that plateau of being funny and among your peers, to consistency of being funny, you have to regenerate and come up with new material and stay at that level.
Speaker 1: You know what's funny, and you have to work at it. I mean, I have.
Speaker 5: Nothing against internet comedians or nothing, but you cannot escape from hitting that stage there, putting that work in, putting new stuff in. And I tell you my wife all the time, she said, while you at the clubs and hanging it up in place, I said, you know, the shepherd has always must smell like the sheet.
Speaker 1: People who we get our.
Speaker 5: Money from does not live the standard of living that I live at. So I have to go down there and be down here so I can interpret what's funny from that perspective and talk to the people, because where I'm at, they would not relate and then they'll say I'm out of touch. So I have to be around the people and be in the wallmarks and be at marshes to get an irregular shirt. I have to feel it on here so I can relate to the people that allows you to sit here and have massage just three times a week.
Speaker 8: How you ever had to tell a comedian like as Og like you're not funny anymore.
Speaker 2: You should go do that.
Speaker 5: No, I don't do that because jokes are subjective. You know what's funny to me, I might fundy nobody else. That's why I tell all the comedians you know, no matter who you are, somebody gonna find out find that you're not.
Speaker 1: You just pray to God all of them donna show up that night, you know what. You just pray to God they don't come there to see you that night. Then you get booed.
Speaker 3: Now you listen to Jessic set, so you listen to other comedian sets to see what they're talking about.
Speaker 1: No, because I don't.
Speaker 5: I don't physically right, I'm mentally right, so to keep my jokes period, I don't listen to other comics. So don't you know be contaminating. I think I came of it because I heard it. Because I don't physically right. But what I do do is for the people that are my and I want to see their growth. I take time out and come to see And she's one of those people that I say.
Speaker 1: Let me see it because I've seen her in the beginning. I know how she got in the game.
Speaker 5: And you know, people that's been in the game like I've been as a veteran holds it against them and I said, I don't care how you got into it.
Speaker 1: Do you work at it?
Speaker 5: Her DC, young Fly, they work at it, and for then man, I have nothing but respect for him.
Speaker 2: Weekend weekend, Yeah, they work out.
Speaker 5: But people could be on the road that week and suck bomb and anyday you think.
Speaker 1: Then gods that they drop them so many bombs.
Speaker 6: Do you feel like the arts you feel like the art of the long form stand up set is under threat?
Speaker 2: Or does it make your your style of storytelling even more valuable?
Speaker 5: I think to be honest with your quality, I mean elongated of getting to the punchline.
Speaker 1: For me, get to the punchline.
Speaker 5: I feel certain comedians have a lot of you know, nuts because they have a long segue.
Speaker 1: Before they get to the punchline.
Speaker 5: And I always thought if that don't work, you're in trouble because black.
Speaker 1: People are impatient.
Speaker 5: When you you sitting in front of black owners, you go that long and they sit in that chair and.
Speaker 1: They rocked it one way and they rocked the other.
Speaker 5: Way, and they look over to the other person and they look over to acknowledge you suck.
Speaker 1: Then the booze come.
Speaker 5: But if you hit them, just can and have multiple set, multiple subjects. That means anytime did they come into the show, they can pick up right there. They don't have to see you in the beginning for you to have the call back and everything.
Speaker 1: That's just my philosophy on it.
Speaker 5: I want you to be like a train that anytime you get on it, you can ride.
Speaker 1: You know wherever you'll stop. You just walked in late, or you.
Speaker 5: Was mad at your girl, and okay, I'm at a comedy show because we need your undivided attention. So whatever you're going through, I must go through that and get it. So if you argue with your woman all the way through and you mad at her, I need to have a joke. Once you come around and realize you're in a comedy club you can enjoy at that point.
Speaker 3: Did your mom really date marg Yeah? Did you really say I wish Marvin Gave was my daddy not my real daddy?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean because I wanted to come up, she couldn't trap them.
Speaker 1: Heard he was on drugs.
Speaker 5: She slipping, Come on mom, Yeah, I mean she used to always tell who my mama.
Speaker 1: My mama was at chick Man.
Speaker 5: She did a lot to do some dude, And I just didn't understand how my father got him because he ain't had none of those qualities. Damn you understand, but he funded her, So I get it.
Speaker 1: Now as a man.
Speaker 2: So you knew your mama was like I did.
Speaker 1: No, she wasn't. She's a worldly women. She wanted to see the world. Some people got you sometimes in New York bronze. Now you understand, never need New York.
Speaker 5: He's saying, I love my man. Man, this is the kind of guy. You know, it's gonna come. I got one with me next you bank, he's.
Speaker 1: Gonna hit that. We call him sniper. You know, he's just gonna, you know, get it to your face. You just take it. You know what I mean? I got you, I got you?
Speaker 2: What kind of truth? Did you tap into with this new special that you know what? I really want to ask, what's.
Speaker 6: Something you tapped into that you may not have tapped into ten or fifteen years ago.
Speaker 5: Oh I really don't go like that. I just interpret and then I put it together and then I line it up. Which one? I think these the ones that I want to do. That's the funniest, that will carry on so more than anything, just the perspective of our Caucasian friends out here, you know, the Portland part when I just went up there and Seattle to see struggling white people getting caught with you know, back in the day like New Jack City just laying on the ground with Fenton on. I mean you could tell they had a good mother and father and they just laying I'm just stepping over them, like look at God.
Speaker 1: I mean.
Speaker 5: No, I'm just like I just thought that happened to us. It was like white version of New Jack City. I was like, it happened to us. And to actually have a white dude asked me for some money. I was like, no, you could be anything. You could be anything. All you need to, I mean everything is in your image. You know, you got everything all you need to do is take a shower and put a suit on it.
Speaker 1: You'll be my supervisor.
Speaker 2: By them all, Trump said, you want to send the National Guard to Portland.
Speaker 5: Well, you know he wants to do what he want to do. You know, he deepot in the country. So everybody better tuck the chain because it don't matter who you are. You just he ain't playing and ain't nobody holding against him. And to the point that he actually just letting you know that I'm gonna use the judicial system to go after my political opponents and there's nothing wrong with it. It's amazing to me that these people just put themself impressors to justify what he's doing.
Speaker 1: So as black people, we've been through this before.
Speaker 5: So you know you got to navigate and just we the best peeral, i mean, per per legals in the world. When somebody get locked up, brother, like, how to get them?
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, I don't know.
Speaker 1: We the first one. We first want to know. I get it. You know what's what's charge?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 7: You got so much material like m from the beginning, like you said about Aretha Franklin, the beginning all the way till now right is this comedy show longer than the last one.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I put forty five in them this time. And I call it the flu game because you know how it is people don't know. And I see Charlamne come to work sometime we be under the weather. But you know, you can't. You know, I'm not Dave's pelle cad or one of them. They can go to the next flick and say, Man, I'm not feeling good and shoot this tomorrow.
Speaker 1: I have to I have to go there.
Speaker 5: So I had a respiratory effected when I had a sign and still the whole time, and I pushed on it. Oh man, So you just you've been in there before. You know how you see comedians they be on the stage, they had a hot chocolate or the hot tea and everything on it.
Speaker 1: And we get into it.
Speaker 5: So I'm the most proud of it that it came at that particular point and I still I came off. That's why I call it my Michael Jordan flu game. Still put up forty you know.
Speaker 6: To like what you said about you know how comedians got to renew their license right, but are some people just grandfathered in? And what I mean by that, like somebody like Eddie Murphy right like Eddie ain't put out a special.
Speaker 1: In forever well, he grandfather in.
Speaker 5: But he also gave up the banner of being saying a stand up comic because he did not want to continue. He knew what the standard takes for him to maintain it, and he bowed out with Steve did the same thing you.
Speaker 1: Have surfing it.
Speaker 5: They give it up on it and for them they will always be on my mouse rushmore of the on it. I'm talking about comedians that's right here and there number one claim the fame as being a stand up comedian and they're not doing telling no jokes. You understand Eddie Murphy doing movie's TV animation then sitting there, he didn't gave that up and he appreciated the johndre where it was at to give it enough that it deserved the utmost respect. And I can't give it to it going to club. What his process is to be up to that level to get up there, he gave that up. I don't have what it takes to be at that level to get a respect for me to stand on that stage to amongst all the rest of the comedians.
Speaker 1: For that you applaud, but you don't.
Speaker 5: What you do have to do is stop giving all these other comedians all these fan faar and giving them all this I don't say. They ain't telling no goddamn jokes. Tell them be what they are, what the title. You are, what you are, not what you say you are. So that's why I'm name it. I Earthquake is in the joke telling business. That's what I do. So we have nothing else to talk about unless it got something to do with jokes.
Speaker 6: Telling jokes on your podcast or on TikTok or Instagram clips.
Speaker 1: Well you you is.
Speaker 5: But if you say you a stand up comic, you have to sit here and do what I don't have no.
Speaker 1: Problem with anybody.
Speaker 5: Diversifying from the from it, but you must stay with the job description of it.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: What I mean, If it bans you out to do books and TV and all that, great, that's just show how diversified we are in the talent that we are. But you must stay. You know, if you're a singer, you must sing, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean. If you if you're a boxer, you gotta fight. That's all.
Speaker 5: That's all I'm saying you've got too many comedians. In my humble opinion, that's not being funny. And sometimes people such as yourself, got to ask them, where's the jokes?
Speaker 8: Yeah, is it hard?
Speaker 2: Where's the jokes?
Speaker 1: The joke said? Just this? Where the jokes? That's all I asked, Tell the jokes?
Speaker 5: And you got to somebody have to stand up and say even nothing, you know, for my profession, my john not to stand up for because I love it. It's been has been like the baseball is very very good for me.
Speaker 6: I have.
Speaker 5: I have always given back own my own comedy club, have my own number one show on series that's called Quake House that I bring comedians that nobody hear about that we sit around and talk about to give them. I give back to the jendre on the point of it because I love it so much and I think it. But we have too many people now that just not sticking with the job description. And somebody got to tell them at some point, man, be fucking funny.
Speaker 8: I was going to ask, is it hard? Once you start diversifying and everything else gets big, and then you can't get on stage and do what you used to do. Like Kevin Hart is still on stage, but people come for him because he doesn't joke or talk about certain things. But he's still funny. He's sell a comedian. But people try to take that away from him because he's not. They feel like he's not as raw about certain things.
Speaker 5: Well, you gotta understand his constituents that, first of all, comedians make fun of the experiences that they go through.
Speaker 1: Kevin Hart is the.
Speaker 5: One percent of one percent, so his experiences not goes along with the other ninety nine percent. So what he has to do is have fire writers that has experienced that and they give it to him and he looks it over. I have no problem with that. Evil sit there and be funny on it. He's being funny. He's still giving back to the John Doff stand up, So I have no problem with that. You know, you can't expect him to talk about his life. Oh man, I went there and jet was late, and do you know they didn't have what I asked.
Speaker 1: I said, I wanted flat waters. Man, motherfucker just came here. They got. I'm on probably jet flat water.
Speaker 5: Relatability is the number one essential of being a comedian, and very people can relate to his life because he has such a privileged life, so what's funny to him is not gonna be funny to ninety nine percent of the people because they don't experience what he's going through.
Speaker 2: Damn you, he did have that.
Speaker 6: He talked about being on the private jet or on his last special when he had to go to the George Floyd funeral.
Speaker 2: That shit was funny.
Speaker 5: Okay, I mean you can, but the relatability is the key to it, because you have to sit here and allow him. That's why I said previously, a shepherd must always smell like the sheep. You have to put yourself in that situation or somebody tell you what the sheep is going through and let you know, so you can be relatable to the audience that you ask in that money to come see you.
Speaker 1: Because the comedy is relatable.
Speaker 5: They need to see that experience or have the imagination of seeing you in that scene of that situation.
Speaker 7: Do you think Stand Up today still has the essence that I had back in the day.
Speaker 5: I think it's hotter now because no, because we're important, We're you see what happened to Jimmy Kimber. We have always been the third eye of society. We have always been the one that said truth to power. We was always the one from your Richard power to George Clark, and we in those terms, we in them turn, we in them times. Now, I think strong comedians stand there, such as your dls and the rest of them are doing that.
Speaker 1: They're take a lating from the point and people want to hear.
Speaker 5: And I look at it as the same way you give medicine to a baby. You know, you put a little apple sauce in the front of the spoon and you put the medicine behind. And that's what comedians and we put the joke in there, and we put the information in it, and we put it in their mouth before they can get healed. That's how we do it, you know what I mean. And it's very important, and I commend every comedian that's out there that's standing on ten toes down. That's you know, speaking power, truth to power, and that's what we do.
Speaker 6: You've been you've been around for a long time, earthquake. You've always been like you know, comedians favorite comedians, right, But Dave Chappelle pushed for your I don't want to call it a resurgence, but he pushed you in like a different spotlight with the Netflix situation.
Speaker 2: But now you got your own land.
Speaker 6: So how do you balance gratitude for that code sign but also making people see Earthquake as his own brand and not just somebody Dave.
Speaker 5: I don't get caught up in that, you know. I just do me, and I collaborate with anybody. I don't have to be the clothes on the show. I don't have to be in. I standing by you. If it's perceived that you're hotter.
Speaker 1: Than me, don't kill my shine. I don't get caught up into those speclives to things. You know, It's just another thing.
Speaker 5: I collaborate with anybody that want to collaborate me, Like you know, I watch y'all show that lady said, It's true, when you get to this point in my life, the two most valuable possession you have is your time and your energy.
Speaker 1: If the time is.
Speaker 5: Good and your energy is good, then you know, and the money right Quake there every night.
Speaker 1: We in there, You know what I mean. So I don't get caught up.
Speaker 5: I will be always indebted to Dave, but I was always indebted too, because I hired him to come to my club when he was when he wasn't Dad.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. So it's it's, it's, it's, it's it's Petty. I'm from d C. We we don't. We don't fuck with Petty and ship.
Speaker 5: You can't send me news clippings and expect me to support that.
Speaker 1: I don't do news clipping.
Speaker 5: Man. You have to get on that stage and do what you do, and no matter who gets on there, Quaker's gonna do what you do and let the chip standing with us that that's first last medal in the whole time, and whatever I do, have nothing to do.
Speaker 1: What you gotta do.
Speaker 4: What's one comedian now quick?
Speaker 2: What he said is so powerful?
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 2: You had a club back in the day.
Speaker 5: Yes, you used to put Dave, Yes, all of them, Kevin Hard, Chris Tucker, Chris Rock, every comedian that's walking here.
Speaker 1: That's hot right now. At one time I hired him for my club.
Speaker 6: And they and they all speak highly of you and not a damn position. You're like, oh yeah.
Speaker 5: And then they do that, Yeah, they put it on, they do it too it and but you got to understand, like I'm just but thank god, I have my own sitcom that's coming.
Speaker 1: Yeah. When Deil Bird would produce.
Speaker 5: It and everything, and we're you know, and it's a blessing on here. And it's so many people I want to put down that's good people, but it's only but so many slots, and then I can't jeopardize my slot for the overall trying to help everybody where it could help up the whole production. So I have to sit back and say I want to help everybody, but I still have a team to come in and say that person is better, and that person is better. Because something of nothing leaves nothing. So I got to get something. And then when I get something, then I can bring you in when it's something, But trying to bring you in before it's something, we both gonna end up being nothing outside the Fox studio on the streets.
Speaker 2: I remember you had to deal with Paramoul, Right, Yeah, I.
Speaker 5: Had CBS deal, had a Warner Brothers deal, had an ABC deal, had this one came together. The network president is his name is Michael Thorne, came to me with my manager and said they're making a change in Fox. They want to go back to their original when married with children and live in color was that and they want to go to multi camera to TV's I mean to sitcoms, and they wanted me to be on they air and they wanted me to be me. They didn't want me to water down for me, warned me down. They say they feel, which I feel, you able to say what everybody thinking in the right way. They're not offended, and I want you on my heir. And so now we're in the process of trying to find my Larry David Like if you know he's the executive debusz on Steinfeld, my writer, my showrunner, you had your own you know, that's the most important thing and most important I've been interviewing for the last two months trying to find the right person that capsulates that I feel that can then and I think we're close right now. And the Bird thing is a great thing because he had a first look deal with Fox Bill Bird did and he wanted to produce my show since it was and I said, it's a great combination between the two because I love his comedy, and we're gonna branch both of my comedy my mindsets and his mindset and put it in the physicious world that I navigate through.
Speaker 4: Congratulations. What's the premise of the show premiers of the show.
Speaker 5: I got frustrated with being in d I mean Los Angeles because I never thought they was gonna get me a shot. And me and my fiance moves back to my hometown in Washington, d C. To rebuy my old comedy club up and I own my own comedy club in Washington, DC, you know.
Speaker 1: What I mean. Yeah, And then I made it.
Speaker 5: You know, I just got frustrated with sitting there, and the fires was the reason why. That was a sign from God. My house got burnt down, with my as well just gone.
Speaker 1: This is it.
Speaker 5: Take this money and this locked money I got from my house, and I could live balling in DC compared to l A.
Speaker 1: And it's time to go home.
Speaker 5: And and my fiance and we moved back and I bought my own comedy club where I started at and it's called still Quake.
Speaker 2: I'm still gonna sound like a winner, winner, Yeah.
Speaker 5: And you know, bring out the comedians on they you know, come through and people that can play themselves in my in my fatitious world without you know, he's singing this. He's actually in town stopping by Davis at the day at the Big Venue performing and he stopped by the Coming Club what we do and come by and have all my friends on it, and then also give again young comedians chance to be on TV and then normal selves being themselves in the club so they could show the world that they too have talents such as I do.
Speaker 6: Man, I hope you have much success quick. I hope you have a miss Pat style run. Yeah. You think about how Pat was trying to get that show on Fever and she finally got it on. It's loosely based on her life and she on what season five minutes?
Speaker 5: Ye look at God. Yeah, it's it's a beautiful thing. And you sit back and you're like, all right, this is it. Now that I have promoted everything for the for my special, it's time to just knock down and just concentrate on getting ready to be on TV.
Speaker 3: As you know earlier you were talking about you touched the stage. You're not worried about any other comedian. You do what you do and whatever, however, the chip's full. Has it ever been a comedian that surprised to issue out of you that you you got one day and you'd be like, damn, I ain't know he was this funny.
Speaker 4: Has that been a comedian like that?
Speaker 5: Well, I will say this, I never estimate any comedian because you know one moll father because like you take ours j very energetic comedian. So when you go behind him, you can't play around because he's already got the people up, the crowd hype up, and you go up there, Hello, how you doing? You're in trouble. So I never under mess what I do. What has always caught me off guard because out there is the sudden with the transition from a comedian you and don't know and the next thing you know, they they blew. I ain't see this cover. I'm like, God, damn, where was I at? You know, you just wake up in the morning. The motherfuckers in arenas. Let me let me go back and you look at it with that game, no special jokes in here is this oversuccess? Peel this fo you know what I mean? You just be you like he went from nobody to twenty thousand people and you it was just six days ago he was overhead at the open mic. So dat it makes me more than anything. But it just let me know how you know you can go it can happen. How fertile this game is that you can walk on there literally a comedian is the only person that could actually go to La get on stage. A producer could see him do his seven minutes, say I want to do a show about you, to write a show, put a producer and he get a show and then he come out here in arenas.
Speaker 7: Now has that ever happened back in the day, because that's that happens.
Speaker 5: I was seeing nothing, I mean all the time, like I never I never seen I didn't see the upcoming of none of the hot comedians that were at none of them back in the day. No, I ain't seen none of it like Kevin and No, I never seen none of that Kevin about his era.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I never know. Were Kevin about the same? Nothing?
Speaker 6: But I used to because it used to be like, you know, you'd be on bet comed View, you be on death comedy jams and you go out to.
Speaker 1: A lot of people. Just a lot of people do that.
Speaker 5: But it doesn't translate to twenty thousand people, you know when capp was doing twenty thousand people two shows on a Tuesday.
Speaker 6: But we started a building up though, you know, I'm saying, so when was here Caroline's doing eight shows in like we start a build up.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but see, when we are headline US, we don't maintain other people's ticket counts because we're working.
Speaker 1: That same day.
Speaker 5: So I don't know what he's doing in Carolina because I'm in Augusta, Georgia.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: I'm doing seven and I just sold out shows and ten shows in place.
Speaker 1: But it ain't quantified equal to Madison Square, Dark and Sell. You're like, god.
Speaker 6: Damn, I've seen two up close and personal. I saw Kevin Hard and Andrews shows up closer. I didn't see none of that I saw. I saw everything high school gyms with Kevin, like doing homecoming to you know, Carolines, to just building up, building up to get the.
Speaker 1: I didn't see none of it. But see you.
Speaker 5: You know you got your pulse on the community and everything too, so you more in.
Speaker 1: Depth of it.
Speaker 5: But I from a comedy standpoint, I'm like, god damn, and you you see the residue of it because motherfuckers be calling you want to open up certain people.
Speaker 1: I ain't open up for this. When the fuck I ain't opening up for this motherfucker. Man?
Speaker 2: What he and where on a Tuesday?
Speaker 1: Damn?
Speaker 2: God damn.
Speaker 5: You know, like you know, you don't hate, You're just like, oh God, and really, and I tell all comedians, man, you really salute the I mean, you cheer for them because that means its possible. And if you see it's possible, that means you can do it. You get what I'm saying. So I never had envy. It was just more surprising that a deva seating coming. And it also tells everybody else be careful how you treat everybody, because you never know when they don't become the man. And a lot of people, you know, shoot it on the other different people and turn around now end up, you know, kissing and licking their boots and ship like that.
Speaker 2: You know, is it true you met your fian because you made a donation?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 5: No, I remember fiance eight years before we hooked back up. I try to get on them. You know, one nice stand. You know, she turned me down like a loan, so you know what I mean, she ain't that type. So you know just what you know, going through my phone and I see her picture again and you know, you just hit up what's up, big head? And right into a show she came and we kicked it, and then COVID hit and then we just started kicking.
Speaker 1: We ain't had nowhere to go.
Speaker 5: And it's the most concentrated time I ever been with any woman, because wasn't no outside interests and that's the rest of the world was getting, you know, socially dissidence from people, and I was getting closer to it, and I knew she was the right one when I we could coexist without doing anything, you know, and saying she was there and she wasn't there. She didn't invade my space, but she was there and it was and she always believed in me, you know what I mean. She was always encouraging me, you should be doing more of this, and you can't do that if you're doing that the most way. And it made a difference in my life. And that's from that point on. That's why you see me having a in my humble opinion, having a sitcom down and things are going well there and everything, and hold me accountable if you say you're gonna have this.
Speaker 1: It's counter productive doing that.
Speaker 5: And people always come to me and say, you know, you know, what do women when you get to this point financially, what women have to do? Ring to the table, And I said, my woman, what she brings to the table, She assembles the table. She tells me, what's at the table? Do I got too many chairs at the table? Do I need to move a chair to a table? Do I don't have enough chairs on the table? What chair has been on there?
Speaker 1: Too long? You know?
Speaker 5: So when you have that female perspective, only she can give from a loving point, it's essential when you're dealing at the higher level. And I had always missed it, that aspect of it, and it's making a difference now.
Speaker 6: So what's the story about that? Our producer says, at much you gave a large donation to hurt No, I don't know.
Speaker 1: We got that.
Speaker 5: We getting all that we want to down a donation for our foundation that we're helping the fires in La that when we did that in little of gifts at the wedding we took in donations.
Speaker 1: We had enough and we didn't want another toaster and stuff like that. You know, we don't need that.
Speaker 2: So listen, what's the one piece of business advice you think young comics?
Speaker 1: Miss I could tell you what I can.
Speaker 5: Miss I would tell him what one I would do different. Loyalty is not mean Loyalty doesn't mean that they believe in you and loyalty. As you get closer to your goals, get compromised, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean. So if I was them, I would take a lesson from Jamie Fox.
Speaker 5: And Jamie says the first of the year, every year he sits down with his sister or his family and reevaluates everybody in their life business wise.
Speaker 1: And I would give that suggestions.
Speaker 5: Because if anything hindered a lot of my career was being layal to people that wasn't meant to be in my life in the first place.
Speaker 1: But you feel since you just feel a sense of obligation that it was there and you know they need this and everything. You know what I'm saying, Ready to dance.
Speaker 2: You need to reevaluate now.
Speaker 1: You gotta pull them one away. You see what I'm saying. My wife be like that, Yeah, we know what Chad, we need you know what I'm saying. Too many chance at the table. That's how it is.
Speaker 2: Listen, joke telling business out right now.
Speaker 4: Netflix definitely go check it out and we appreciate you for joining us.
Speaker 7: Congratulations on congratulations on the sitcom coming.
Speaker 5: And you promise that you will come read for the you understand, come on in there. I will make sure that you get a call. I look forward to it. And as always, man my brother man, but I'll tell you are beautiful and of course my life skinned brother's right, y'all be cool, and thank y'all for having me. Also, this is my son's I have to wear my son's outfit right here. It's clothing lines.
Speaker 1: Toxic University, and I'm wearing his and make sure I give him a shout out Toxic University, Toxic University. She's doing well in his own clothing line.
Speaker 5: I tell people you got you have to invest into your your kids uh activities or you either choose to put fund their activities or they bail money. Pick which one you want to do, you know what I mean? Either or and I believe in them. So Toxic University on the whole time.
Speaker 1: Thank you, I love you.
Speaker 2: Earthquake.
Speaker 4: It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, Wake that ass up in the morning.
Speaker 1: The Breakfast Club