Speaker 1: Hello, Hey, what's that man?
Speaker 2: Well, it's passing, dude.
Speaker 1: What's your name?
Speaker 2: My name is Dusty.
Speaker 1: Are you all right? Dusty?
Speaker 2: But I'm all right. I like, I'm all right, I'm fine.
Speaker 1: Uh what's going on with you?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 1: You sound like I just woke you up?
Speaker 2: Oh no, no, I'm just I'm chilling. It's the long day, you know. Now we're here. Yeah, I'm awake.
Speaker 1: Well, Dusty, tell me my my good sir. What would you like to talk to a gecko about today?
Speaker 2: Well, I mean I texted you about this thing that happened. Basically I like to do uh, I like to do ketamine. I don't know if I can say that on here.
Speaker 1: But say whatever you want.
Speaker 2: Fuck yeah, I like doing that. And h one night I ended up doing that and like drinking some alcohol, which like makes you like kind of like black out, but it like also makes you stay conscious. And I like had like a fool on orgy with like my best friends and like our chicks, and then like do you not remember any of it? Was completely conscious through all of it. Woke up the next day like laying next to like a massive dildo, and like that's how like I found out I was like, oh, something went down, but yeah, so you.
Speaker 1: Got I was like, you got sucked up on ketamine and walk up next to a dildo?
Speaker 2: Yeah, pretty much. And then I asked my friends because they were they were not blacked out, but I asked them and they were like, yeah, no, we we definitely had an orgy. And I was like, yo was it was like was I good? And they were like, yeah, you were? You were you were good. Like I was like conscious, like did I like do anything weird? They're like, nah, you were, you were chilling. You did you did the thing?
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, I mean I'll let me ask you that. How do you how do you feel about this experience? Is this like a like cause you sound like you sound like you feel like, oh this was this is sick. I had no orgy and I didn't even know it, but I know it. Do you feel that way or do you feel like, oh man, I should stop getting sucked up on ketamine?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 2: It's kind of like a little bit of both. It's like Yoda's cool, but at the same time, it's like it would have been cooler if I could have remembered it, and it probably would have still happened if I wasn't like on ketamine because it's like I don't know, but yeah, I do want to like not do ketamine and drink anymore. But it's kind of like when I do ketamine, alcohol is like already like in the premise, so I feel like it's just like already gonna happen. Does that make sense?
Speaker 1: Talk to us about ketamine for those who don't know, I feel like ketamine And maybe it's just because I'm whatever, but uh, I feel like ketamine has been a new thing that I've been hearing about, like it is a new new phenomenon. Tell us about it.
Speaker 2: It's uh, it's honestly probably like it's one of my favorite drugs. I wouldn't say's my favorite one, but it's like it's like I call it indo co cocaine because it's like you snored it and then but instead of like getting all hyped up, it's just like you chill out, and it's like it can get like psychedelic if you do a lot. Like for the most part, it's like it's just gonna like chill out. And yeah, sometimes I call it like portal hopping, like you like like you'll see ship from like third person and you're like you like it's like the Verde of the k Hole, but like you'll see shit from like third person and like, I don't know, it gets trippy, it gets real fucking trippy, but it's it's cool and like in a safe environment, it's like I think it's fun.
Speaker 1: That actually is that is? I've never heard it described like that. I know it's. Yeah, it's indy coo cocaine. I know you you snored it once. I tried it once. I only tried it once, and I didn't like it. It It just kind of like made my heart hurt and didn't do anything really Yeah.
Speaker 2: Huh no you should. You should, Like well, I wouldn't say, like I'm not trying to encourage you to like try it to get but like if you wanted to, like don't be like like I wouldn't like pray from it, you know, like be upen minded to it might have just been like not good stuff maybe, But yeah, I love it personally.
Speaker 1: Okay, so uh I love it?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 3: I mean.
Speaker 1: To do do you feel like you have a problem with it?
Speaker 2: I say, like I've had problems with it, but like at this moment, no, like what classifies a problem, you know what I mean, Like I don't feel like I have a problem, but like to like a person who doesn't do ket of me, and they'd be like, yo, that's you got like a little bit of a problem. But like, I don't think I have a problem. I think there's a lot of people who do a lot mar ketamine than.
Speaker 1: Be that's true. What is what would have to happen for you to be like, ah, that's that's a problem. Uh looking up next to an even bigger dildo.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I don't know. I don't know. Maybe like like if I like a near death experience, or like if I like I went to like jail or something over it, but like I don't, I don't see that like happening. It's like more like I just like to go to the rave, get fucked up, and go home. But like you know, uber and things like that. So like I don't I feel like really like I feel like I'm pretty safe about it, but I don't what. I don't know.
Speaker 1: What else has gone on in your life?
Speaker 2: Dude, Honestly, you want to hear some other crazy shit that just happened. Sure, Okay, So, like, uh, my ex we've like been broke up for like a little bit. Uh literally, just like on Saturday, I went to like this really chol party with my friends. I like played some music. It was a guit time, and my ex like, well, we like had the same friend group and so like she was like hitting everyone up to hang out, but they didn't want to make it awkward, so they were like kind of like ignoring her, like out of respect for me. But I guess like she looked up one of my friends that was there, She looked up her location on snapchat, showed up to where we were at and slashed all our tires and then dip the fuck out.
Speaker 1: All of your tires, yes, my.
Speaker 2: Tires, and then my friends they rode there together, but she slashed their tires too, and they didn't even find out. So they were like on the freeway in Dallas and shit, and they were like, what the fuck's happening with her core? And they like sent me a snapchat and I was like, Yo, it's crazy, all right, I have a flat tire too, and like, what.
Speaker 1: Is it is?
Speaker 2: It?
Speaker 1: Is it bad to me if the worst thing I've heard from you so far as that you're still using Snapchat. Ah, I mean it's a classic. I feel like I still like Snapchat is a classic. I'll log into my Snapchat once a year or something like that, but I feel like Snapchat is a classic. Like a place to buy drugs. I remember like pot dealers used to like put their ship on their story.
Speaker 2: I don't know, you gotta get a telegram now, really do you?
Speaker 1: Do you really like the whole the whole way. I'm curious about this, the whole telegram thing, like like the whole uh are people actually like it's like if you organized a ketamine uh exchange over a Facebook messenger? Like is anyone do you actually think anyone's like looking at your messenger to see if you're buying ketamine? Like does anyone actually care that much about you?
Speaker 2: Not about me? But maybe like the person sewing it to me? Sure, But I mean I'm not I'm not only a very paranoid person. I just I don't know, maybe I'm maybe that's a bad thing, you know, like maybe I was gonna.
Speaker 1: Say that that could that could be the ketaman.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe it could be. It could be a lot of things. Honestly, I'm just like, I just like don't like the feeling of being paranoid, and so I like don't like focus on that, like if I see a cop, like I just like I'm like, cool, there's a cop there. But like if he worried about me, probably not been with like online things.
Speaker 1: So so tell me this, why do you think your ex girlfriend slashed your tires?
Speaker 2: Oh? She told me so, like because I called her and I like psyched her out. I was like, I got you on a ring camera doing it, so like I'm gonna call the cops on you right now. She's like she like busted, like real fast. I had no camera evidence, like I didn't.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Someone might have had a ring, but I didn't have it. So she told me and like she like she like told me everything. She's like, I just like felt like my friends tool chose you over me and all this stuff. And I was like, damn, that doesn't have to be like that, and that's some psycho shit to like find us and then slash our tires. But yeah, I like more like a jealousy thing because her friends chose me. I don't know sure, but it wasn't even like that.
Speaker 1: Are you in a new relationship now?
Speaker 2: No? No, not at all. I'm big chilling just being single. I'm gonna soak it up for a minute.
Speaker 1: Very nice. Are you? So is anything is anything good and reasonable happening in your life?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Indeed? Uh, I like pretty recently moved to like Dallas and like got a really dope ass job I like do music, and my music's like actually doing some shit. I got booked in like Colorado and Oklahoma and Arkansas, and yeah, it's like going really good. That's why I'm like, honestly like this beach just like I slash my tires is like out of my life really good. So that's a really good thing. And like, I don't know, life is a great thing and I'm really happy to be here.
Speaker 1: That's good. Well, well, I guess you can't possibly be addicted to drugs if you feel.
Speaker 2: Good, right, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I don't don't take, don't take, don't take anything. I say, seriously, I have no fucking idea, you know.
Speaker 2: You know what I always say is it's not an addiction until it's affecting, uh, the people you love around you. If it's affecting their life, that it's an addiction.
Speaker 1: I don't know I'm not gonna sit here, and uh, I don't know if I'm going to sit here and figure out the the precise definition of what an addiction would be. But I mean, I'm glad you sound like you're uh doing cool stuff. This DJ thing seems like it's it's it's panning out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like it's fun make some weird, weird noises and get to go cool place to show people my weird noises.
Speaker 1: So who all was in this orgy?
Speaker 2: Oh? Okay, so it was this Uh So I was like, a, it's just like not my girlfriend, but like we like hang out quite a bit. It was with her, my best friend and his fiance. And then I guess it's just a foursome. But that's like that's enough. But and then yeah, but I don't remember any of the leading up to We were like apparently like in the back of a car in a Whataburger parking lot, like getting it on in the back seat, like going through the drive through. I don't remember any of it.
Speaker 1: Dude, This took place in the drive through of a Whataburger.
Speaker 2: No, it started to take place, and then we got the food, went to my best friend's house, and then it like escalated from there, like no one even ate what a burger like. I woke up to like completely fool beals of what aburger like out in front of me. It was the best thing ever, honestly, Like, if you think about it, like hungover suck you wake up and full with a burger meal right there in front of your face.
Speaker 1: Did you have se Do you have sex with your friend's fiance?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's like it's it's like love. It's like it's like a love thing. Now, it's not like a weird thing. It's like I don't know, it's not you know, it's kind of weird to explain. It's more like a like they're polyamorous, and me and my like lady friend are also pretty poly. So it was just like a good time, good night. You know.
Speaker 1: I think you're someone that we can all aspire to be, like Dusty.
Speaker 2: Hell yeah, thanks, man, I don't aspire to be like you in some ways too, man, Like you you're a very inspirational person.
Speaker 1: I don't I don't know if I don't know if you're addicted to academene, but uh, whenever you realize that you are, you're gonna have some pretty interesting stories to tell in narcotics. Anonymous.
Speaker 5: Hell, yeah, stay stay stay okay, all right, just uh don't I mean, I don't, I don't know, man, I just don't.
Speaker 1: Don't go too crazy, don't like, uh, don't black out and uh be just be careful who you're with whenever you black out in the drive through of fast food restaurants.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, all right, Hey, man, it is dope, dopes he'll talk.
Speaker 1: To Yeah, it was cool talking to you too.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: I'm I'm I'm deciding. I'm deciding. I'm not worried about you. I'm deciding you're gonna be.
Speaker 2: No, don't be not at all. I've like like, I'm like like a like, I feel like I don't have a problem in like I gotta think going. You know, I keep things together in my life for.
Speaker 1: The most part, Dusty, is there anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before we go?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Absolutely, Uh love everybody for real, like show love, spread love.
Speaker 1: Hey, what's your snapchat? My snapchet No, don't don't get us, don't give it. Get your snapchat? All right, thank you, Dusty, I have a good night. I agree with him. There is something kind of awesome about waking up to old What a burger that you can eat? Hey, folks, this is Lyle. I am very excited to announce that I am going back on tour in twenty twenty four to do Therapy Gecko Live all across the country. If you've never been to one of my live shows before, they're basically like giant group Gecko therapy sessions where people from the audience come on stage to talk talk to a gecko about whatever they want, just like we do right here on the podcast. Plus I mix in a few stories and presentations and little tidbits from my own life. Tickets are available right now at therapygeckotour dot com, or you can find the link in the episode description. I'm announcing many more cities in the second half of the year, but right now tickets are on sale. Four Phoenix, Arizona, Louisville, Kentucky, Saint Louis, Missouri, Orlando, Florida, Tampa, Florida, Miami, Florida, Boston, Massachusetts, Denver, Colorado, Syracuse, New York, Albany, New York, Hartford, Connecticut, Las Vegas, Nevada, Salt Lake City, Utah, Nashville, Tennessee, Huntsville, Alabama, Chicago, Illinois, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, San Jose, California, San Francisco, California, Portland, Oregon, and Seattle, Washington. And you can get tickets for all of those cities at therapy geckotour dot com. If you didn't hear me say your city, you can still go to the link and hit the rs VP button to get notified for when I do come to your city in the second half of the year. This is my third tour so far, and I think it's going to be sick, so I hope to see you there. Thanks.
Speaker 3: Hello.
Speaker 1: Oh Jesus, where are you?
Speaker 3: Man? I'm that word right now.
Speaker 1: Oh well, I want to talk to you, but you you I there's so many things going on in the background.
Speaker 3: Hang on, it got better.
Speaker 1: No, No, where do you work?
Speaker 3: I work at the so like an amusing place like a Day and Busters. But it's called Whirlelyballs.
Speaker 1: Can you take me off of the speakerphone.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, you're not on speakerphone right now, man.
Speaker 1: So Whorleyballs. What is Whirlelyballs.
Speaker 3: It's it's got like laser tag and their signature game Warllyball, which is like basketball and lacrosse, but you're in a little bumper car and ship. It's pretty cool.
Speaker 1: That actually sounds Do they just have that or do they have that plus like different like arcade games and ship?
Speaker 3: Uh well, I mean it's kind of like their main thing is they get their game warleyball, but they have bowling alleys and they have laser tag. They have like a two story laser tag.
Speaker 2: They hear.
Speaker 1: That sounds sick. How many warleyballs are there around the world? And I've never I we had a place called Players, which is a similar similar stick, but I've never heard of a whirlly ball.
Speaker 3: I mean there's there's like five on five you know, that's like the max we allow. And do you have like a little like plastic racket you scoop up a with football at the passage your teammates and you score on the backboard going on. It's pretty cool. I just got done with the party because I'm a referee.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. Do people ever get mad at you for bullshit calls?
Speaker 3: Yes, yes they do, and I tell them don't argue with the rest for I'm kicking you out.
Speaker 1: That's awesome. That must feel. That must feel so good. That must feel like you run a country or something.
Speaker 3: It is it is. It is my favorite part of the job. It's calling people out and then making fun of them when they miss wide open shots.
Speaker 1: M M yeah, So Xavier, what town are you in? Xavier? Where's the word? Is this Warlely ball at?
Speaker 3: It is in Naperville, Illinois.
Speaker 1: Naperville, Illinois. What time is it there?
Speaker 2: It is?
Speaker 3: What? Let me see? It is just about eight thirty here?
Speaker 1: Wow? Okay, So so club going up on a Tuesday in Naperville, Illinois.
Speaker 3: Yes, sir, yes, sir, And I'm here talking to a wonderful get go bet all right?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 1: Is well? Thank you? I just don't have to ask. Is anyone get pissed off that you're on the phone right now instead of shit?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: I mean it's very slow right now. I just got done at the party and I have like two hours to close up shops. So okay, right now?
Speaker 1: Great? Well, x Avier, I saw you texted something you wanted to talk about. But I'll just I'll ask you what what did you want to talk about?
Speaker 3: Well, I wanted to talk to you about being a black being a black kid in a white town, raised white parents. He's been like one of the only ones out there.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm, I think somebody just got to strike in bowling when you said that you want to are you you? It's so funny that you decided to call me from a fucking bowling alley anyway, but you seem like an interesting guy, So I'm going to try to talk to you through the noise. Oh my god, it's really a bowling alley. Jesus Christ, is there any way? You're gonna like, we're here's the thing we're gonna get. We're gonna get into like a really serious part of this conversation, and you're gonna be talking about a revelation you had in your youth, and you know how you want to repair your relationship with your father and then someone it's a strike.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm running to the Breaker network right now.
Speaker 1: I'm okay, all right, I'll walk.
Speaker 3: In through the kitchen about the thank the elevator.
Speaker 1: So you said that you were you were raised by white parents in an all white town.
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: Are you are? Are you adopted?
Speaker 3: Yes? I am.
Speaker 1: Well I'll let you start, uh tell me about this, however you would like to start, Well.
Speaker 3: It all kind of started when I was like really little. Actually, so I have two other siblings, one older and one younger, so we were all putting foster care for the young and my sister was too old. So like, me and my younger brother are really ones that were like, you know, sought after, and we were actually kind of lucky. We're with the first families where that took us in, you know, which doesn't really ever happen because the adoption system is fucking and traumatizing kids beyond belief. So it's it's kind of a shitty experience as a whole. But me and my younger brother were lucky ones. My sister wasn't so lucky. She didn't end up getting adopted by a family. But she's all right, wait a.
Speaker 1: Minute, so you so so you're you're you got separated from your siblings. Yes, yes, really they do that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it's not as bad as it wasn't as bad as like it could.
Speaker 1: Have done, you know, because what do you mean it could have It wasn't as bad as it could have been.
Speaker 3: So actually it ended up that, uh, the family that adopted me and the family that adopted my younger brother, they they knew each other.
Speaker 1: Whoa.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so like we were we and my younger brother. Ever stay in touch.
Speaker 1: You're like your family friends with your brother.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, which was really nice.
Speaker 1: That's fascinating.
Speaker 3: This sister actually got taken in by my biological grandma, but she wasn't very fond of the families that took me or my younger brother in, so it's kind of hard to stay in contact with her during our younger years.
Speaker 1: By the way, I try not to read the comments, but people are talking a lot of shit about Naperville in the chat.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, it's horrible. It's horrible. Thankfully I don't live out here.
Speaker 1: What makes it so horrible?
Speaker 3: It's so fun stilly actually, So I used to date a girl out in Aperville, right, And I used to live soutly, like about half an hour south in Aprilville, and I would every time i'd leave her neighborhood, I'd get followed by a car to the highway. Jesus, it was the same car every time. And like there's a bunch of like there's a bunch of rich, preppy, racist white people out here, you know, so like it's it's not it's not a great place. And a lot of them, like a lot of like their kids, like their teenage. Their children, especially their sons, like to put on a performative act of like being gangster, almost for acting hood in a way, and it's it's it's almost idios. It is idiotic. It's idiotic and really stupid.
Speaker 1: And so how long how long have you did you when? What age were you at when you were adopted?
Speaker 3: I was adopted at five, okay?
Speaker 1: And how old are yeah?
Speaker 3: I am twenty two about to be twenty three.
Speaker 1: March okay, So you you basically lived your whole life with this family and in this neighborhood. Yes, what was it like growing up?
Speaker 3: It was weird. It was weird because there was like one other black kid down the street, but he moved away when I was really young. Shout out to that man, j Justin Smith. I miss you every day, bro. But yeah, after once he moved, I was I was like flying solos, like you only black kid in my grade or in my school for the longest time, And it was it was weird and I didn't really understand it until a little bit later. Like you ever heard of the you know, the rapper Earl Sweatsher? Uh?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, he said in the songs that he was a he said in the song it was a too black for the white kids and too white for the blacks, you know, And at that point it kind of clicked because I heard that when I was like when it was like early on Future Days, So I was like I've been like a fancist like day once. Like when I heard that, it clicked, you know, and like it kind of made sense, but it still left me feeling alienated, you know, but like it also let me know. It was like that whole lot of future collective kind of let me know that it's okay to not follow the you know, the normal African American stereotype, you know, because like I'm far from it. I'm far from it, you know, Like I don't I'm not big on sports. You know, I'm not a violent person, you know, I'm not. I'm not you know, I'm very far from like the stereotypical archetype of a black man.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: You know, like, do you do you not now as an adult? Do you do you now have black friends?
Speaker 3: That's the thing, it's really it's I've been having, Like that's that's one thing I've been striving to have and I've been struggling to find it?
Speaker 1: Can you go can you like meet is there? Like you know how there's black people meet dot com? Right, can you go on there for friends?
Speaker 3: I don't know, I don't think so yeah, Like I have a girlfriend, you know, and she's mixed, so like, hm, well she has she's white. She doesn't really identified as like a white person because like she hasn't like all like the negative connotations that come to like that come with white people, and she's not she doesn't act like a stereotypical white person, you know. So it's like we we jokingly classify as a person who happens to be white, you know, mm hmm.
Speaker 1: You know she can she does, she say the word.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no no, but she is. She is very understanding of black culture, which is wonderful m hm, very very supportive.
Speaker 1: And so like when you were growing up as a kid, like middle school, high school, you're still friends with those folks.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I didn't have very many friends. I had like one, so my best friend Colton, he's so as you know, I'm twenty two by be twenty three. This man has been my friend for twenty years. And our dads were friends and our friends were friends in middle school and because of that, we met each other and we've been friends since we were two m And that is something I can proudly say because I know that not very many people within my age range can say they've had a friend for twenty years. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Now what about your your So you said you're you have a brother and a sister, and your brother was adopted by a family that is friends with the family that you were adopted by. Yes, and do you are you still hanging Are you still cool with that brother? You still hang out with him?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's harder now because I'm working full time and he's in college and so it's it's hard to find time. But like it's all love, you know, we still look after each other. We still like hang out whatever we can, you know. And our older sister is more in our lives now, you know.
Speaker 1: Interesting, where did where did she go? Is it hard to find her?
Speaker 3: No, she's actually so I was in my hometown and we were actually like we were each in a town over from each other. So like I was in the middle town, my brother was in the eastern town right next to me, and my sister was in the western town right next to me.
Speaker 1: MM hmm.
Speaker 3: So she still is there, and so like I've moved farther. I'm like almost an hour away from my hometown right now because I love with my girlfriend. And but yeah, wait.
Speaker 1: So you okay, so you work at a uh uh an entertainment center in Naperville, but ye live an hour out.
Speaker 3: I live half an hour out.
Speaker 1: Why do you still work there?
Speaker 3: The job market is horrible? Well, job market is horrible. The job market is whole. I used to do warehouse work, but just ever since I moved, he's been terrible to find, like warehouse work that's willing, like they're hiring, but they won't hire anybody.
Speaker 2: M hmm.
Speaker 1: And are you are you? Are you a lifelong Floridian? Would you ever move anywhere else?
Speaker 3: I do want to move to Virginia?
Speaker 1: What's going on in Virginia?
Speaker 3: I went out? So in August I went out for one of my really good friend's weddings with a couple of my buddies. We took a road trip there. It was like two thousand miles round trip, like from because they went to Western Michigan at the time. I drove from Chicago to Western Michigan University all the way to Virginia Beach. So it was like a thousand miles just in one direction, but it was Virginia Beach is a beautiful area. It was beautiful from what I saw. It was warm, there was a very diverse crowd. You had very small town vibes in certain areas, but it was also like a whole big it's a big area. You know, you have the ocean right there. It's it's just from what I witnessed, it was a it's a beautiful place.
Speaker 1: What would you do? What would you do there?
Speaker 3: Honestly, I'd find work. I mean, I'm right now I'm taking classes for User Experience Designs MHM, which is I'm not sure if you're aware of what that is, but u.
Speaker 1: X design it's like, uh, you make you make uh yeah, you make apps hard to use?
Speaker 3: No, you actually make them easier to use. If something's ever really hard to use, like and it's confusing, that usually means they only had one designer but within their team, or they didn't have any designers and they just kind of threw it together.
Speaker 1: I want to know this and if if you want to talk about it, did you ever get to uh like back into context, because it's interesting because so you're in contact with your your biological grandma. Were you ever in contact with your mom or dad or any of your other biological family?
Speaker 3: Uh? No, No, I have not seen my biological mother since I was four, and I've never seen my biological father.
Speaker 1: So then does your are you still cool with? Uh? The grandma?
Speaker 3: She lives in Texas and I never really got any way to contact her, you know, so well, she's she's around. It's all love, you know, But like I don't really ever communicate with her.
Speaker 1: What about any of your other siblings? Do they do they communicate with them?
Speaker 3: My sister, my older sister is that's because that's like basically her mom, my grandma. My brother's her grandma raised my older sister.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: So like my older sister loves my grandma mm hm.
Speaker 1: And what else is they going to say? Are you still so like your your adopted parents? What's their deal? Who are they?
Speaker 2: They were?
Speaker 3: I was actually the first child they adopted. They they're wonderful people. They're wonderful people. They've given me a life more than I could even ask for. You know, They've they've set me up in the with within their best abilities. You know, they've bent over back. It's time and time again to give me the best life that I could possibly have, and I'm forever grateful for that.
Speaker 1: But that's awesome.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean obviously, you know, there's ups and downs, you know, like there's no right way to pairing a kid if there's no like you know, like I wasn't a perfect kids. Like, obviously there's up and downs, you know, and there's some things we still don't see eye to eye on, you know, even though I'm glown, you know, and there's still like some that there's still some issues. But like at the end of the day, I mean, I love them dearly. You know, they've done more for me than I could ever even ask.
Speaker 2: You know, do you.
Speaker 1: Do you are you still close with them now that you are live an hour out?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, honestly, Like at first, it was like the relationship with my my foster mom was a bit rocky towards the end of like me moving out, But ever since I moved out, it's gotten better. I think it was at that point where it was like we just kind of made it stay for each other. Yeah, you know. Yeah, and on top of that, like a bunch of my other foster siblings have moved out, you know. So, I mean it's really just a lot of the birds are leaving the nest so to speak right now.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. Yeah. So what's your ultimate goal here then? Ux designing? What's the if you could wave a magic wand, what would you what would you?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: What would your life be?
Speaker 3: If I could wave a magic wand and have my life be perfect?
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: If it was actually perfect and everything like was like my way, I probably I'd end up owning three different different brands I have like my three favorite cards, live in a good house with my girlfriend, and we'd be married, and she'd be having the best barbering career of her life.
Speaker 1: Barbering career like she cuts her.
Speaker 3: Yes, my girlfriend's a barber, cosmetologist and raider. Oh, very exactly. My girlfriend's fucking awesome. I love my girlfriends so much.
Speaker 1: That's very sweet.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: How'd you guys meet?
Speaker 3: So funny story, Actually we met through two people. So like I used to be. I used to be kind of like a bar junkie. So I used to go to the bars all the time, like when I was like twenty one, because it was I just got it out of my system earlier. I don't really drink anymore.
Speaker 1: But you're twenty two, right, Yes, okay, you're talking about just like it was, like it was ten years ago.
Speaker 3: No, I know, it's it's weird. It's weird when I say it, but like it's true. Like I just I got bored of it really fucking quick. But I don't do it anymore. But So, I had this drinking partner right at the time, who was a forty eight year old lesbian.
Speaker 4: Momouldn't because she's like now like a godmother figure to me. So she was dating somebody who knew my girlfriend through like a similar circle, right, and we both met.
Speaker 3: We both end up running into each other because we were both invited out to his karaoke bar, right, And I'm outside and I see her and I go, hey, I like your outfit, and she says, hey, I like yours too, Because that's just how I am. Like, if I see somebody with a nice outfit, I'm gonna tell them like their outfit. You know, it's not that deep. I'm just gonna say it, you know. But I've thought nothing of it. I was like, I'm probably never gonna see this person again. And then I go back inside to sit down and we see each other and it was like the Spider Man me mother fun at each other. We both looked at each other and immediately like we just started hitting it off. And in my mind the whole time I'm talking to her, I'm like, this person is like the coolest fucking person ever. This person's amazing, right, And I ended up getting her snapchat and I find out she's a barber. I'm like, well, next time I get a haircut, I'm coming to you, and if you do a great job, You're the only person I'm seeing from my head. She goes all right, cool, but I never got the information on how to book an appointment, and I never asked where she works. So, like six months later, after I finally built up enough courage to like reach out to her because I'm like, this person is too fucking cool, I asked him, like, hey, how do I book an appointment? She sends me the link. I'm like, oh, damn, okay, so I book an appointment. Anyway. Two months later, I come in and she's like ecstatic to see me after like so long, and I'm like, holy shit, yes, So I sit down. We started she starts cutting my hair, and it was like we never missed a beat. M it was. And then we started actually communicating and snapchatting, you know, like actually like you know, talking to her like friends. And then after that we kind of realized, holy shit, we have a lot of stuff in common, right, And they're like, do we just become best friends? She's like yeah, And then we started hanging out more and then next thing, you know, we kind of catch feelings for each other and now we're dating and.
Speaker 1: That's very sweet. How long he is been dating for?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 3: We are approaching seven months now.
Speaker 1: Very sweet, very sweet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, seven months together, almost a year of like, you know, just like talking on a romantic way. M.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, I guess before we go, I'll ask you. I mean, the original subject that you wanted to talk about was like specifically the experience of of being the only black guy in town. And I don't know, do you do you was there anything else that like about that subject specifically that you wanted to to to share or do you feel like we covered it?
Speaker 3: I mean, there's there's a hell of a lot more, but I'll leave it with this. My message to the people of the computer if you ever feel like an our test, Just know there's other people who feel the same way. You are not alone in your feelings. Embrace your true self.
Speaker 1: What's the absolute worst part of Naperville? Like, give us the reason, not like, the biggest reason not to go to Naperville, Florida.
Speaker 3: Oh, this is Naperville, Illinois. This is Naperville, Illinois.
Speaker 1: Oh why the fuck did I think it was Florida? Thought this was Florida the whole fucking time.
Speaker 3: No, this is Illinois, this is Illin.
Speaker 1: It just sounds like a place in Florida. Okay, tell us why not to go to Neighborville, Illinois.
Speaker 3: It's fucking horrible. It's a bunch of snotty, snobby knows white people. There's no diversity of culture. It's like if you saw a corner field and was like a Starbucks will looked really fucking nice here. That's basically the embodiment of Naperville.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Well, it's like.
Speaker 3: Naperville wants to be Chicago so bad.
Speaker 1: You know, at the very least they have a bumper car basketball facility.
Speaker 3: That's Yeah, it's a pretty decent way to describe it.
Speaker 1: Well, I guess you already said it, But is there any final thing you want to say to the people of the computer before we go.
Speaker 3: Stay true to yourself, don't change for other people. Let your let your life decide who you're supposed to be. Follow your gut and stay true.
Speaker 1: Thanks for the uh, the the kind word, Xavier. Now go yell at some kids to stop running.
Speaker 3: I will get buss gek blood.
Speaker 1: Take care, Take care man, you.
Speaker 4: Dude.
Speaker 1: Does anyone remember I'm trying to remember. There was a place called Jeepers. There was a place called Jeepers. They had this like banana ride and it was kind of half rides, half arcade. There's a place called jeep I think there was a few Jeepers. Shout out to Jeepers. Just wanted to end this call by saying, shout out to Jeepers. Shout out to players in Maryland. Shout out to Chuck E Cheese. Can you still get into Chuck E Cheese? Can you get into Chuck E Cheese without an adult? They have the best pizza, dude, They have the best pizza. There was this thing where they ran a ghost kitchen where you could order Chuck E Cheese pizza, like just from Uber Eats. Or whatever the fuck, and I never did it, but I wish I did, because they have the best piece I've been I went to Italy a while ago and I had pizza and it wasn't as good as the chuck E cheese pizza. So so yeah, hello, Hello, Hi. What is your name?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 6: My god, my name is Scarlet?
Speaker 1: Scarlet? What's going on? How's life?
Speaker 6: It's great? How are you?
Speaker 1: I'm a gecko on the computer and I'm actually having a pretty I'm having a pretty nice night. I'm having a pretty good recording session. I'm enjoying talking to people. I'm enjoying being alive. I'm feeling like a real person. Slowly but surely, I'm doing like.
Speaker 7: A real person too.
Speaker 6: I was watching the stream and I kind.
Speaker 7: Of gave up on calling, so.
Speaker 6: I was watching videos on cats and trapped neuter returned.
Speaker 7: Do you know about that?
Speaker 1: Trapped neutered returned? What is that?
Speaker 7: It's a program?
Speaker 6: You know how there's like so many feral cats on the street. It's a program where you go and you trap cats and you take them so that way they don't have babies anymore, and.
Speaker 7: Then you put them back in the community.
Speaker 1: MM.
Speaker 6: The only way to decrease the cat population.
Speaker 1: Is that a good thing to cut off cat cocks?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 6: It is actually so that way they don't have babies and then there's not like thousands of kittens on the street without a home.
Speaker 1: Because I feel like like if aliens came down to Earth and they were like, hey, we're gonna help solve human population by cutting guys cocks off, we I think a few of us would probably be like, I I don't know about that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I mean it's a it's a thing.
Speaker 7: But I have a colony of cat that live outside my house. So I got it.
Speaker 1: Do you assemble this colin Did you assemble this colony? Or did this company Colinie just come well?
Speaker 6: I mean we kind of did because we said them. So they were like, oh, you have food, let me come over. So now we have like six cats living in our backyard.
Speaker 1: That's pretty cool.
Speaker 7: But I love cats, so all is good.
Speaker 1: Well here's what. Okay, you're a contradiction, scarlet, because if you love cats so much, why don't you want more of them running around? Why shn't you curb the population?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 6: You see, I'm an opera singer and my boyfriend's an opera singer, and we move around a lot, so we can only really have like one or two cats. If I had like a stationary job and I could like live in one place forever, I'd have like a colony of cats. I'd have like thirty cats.
Speaker 1: What are so you guys are always on tour doing the opera.
Speaker 6: No, we're not on tour. We're pretty young, and being opera singers is tough. I mean, do you know anybody that's an opera singer?
Speaker 1: How old are you guys?
Speaker 7: I'm twenty six and he's twenty four.
Speaker 3: Oh, twenty five.
Speaker 1: Very nice. Did you guys meet at the opera?
Speaker 7: We met in school in university.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, very cool, Very cool. It's you sound like you guys have a good life.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we're good.
Speaker 6: We live in South Florida. Now, I'm from South Florida, so it's nice to.
Speaker 7: Be close to home. But I'd love to move to Europe.
Speaker 6: I'm being completely honest.
Speaker 7: That's like the dream.
Speaker 1: What's the So, what's the worst thing about being an opera singer?
Speaker 6: The worst thing about being an opera singer?
Speaker 7: Well, okay, I'm an opera singer, but I'm also.
Speaker 6: Like a marketer. I'm a social media girly and I work in social media, so I.
Speaker 7: Kind of do both things. And I would say the worst thing about being an opera.
Speaker 6: Singer is like a lot of people don't understand what you do. So it's like hard to find like a community that loves opera, if that makes sense, for like people appreciating like what you do and like the work that goes behind it. And I guess you could say that for any artist, like a visual artist or a dancer, Like the amount of time and at furt that goes into like the art that you're doing is like astounding, and unless you're an artist, you like can't really comprehend.
Speaker 7: Does that make sense?
Speaker 1: Just a general feeling of being unappreciated.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: That's how I feel. Like the folks who do those special effects on those Marvel movies must feel, right because they spend oh.
Speaker 6: My god, yeah, they spend like their whole lives.
Speaker 1: Yeah, They're like they spend like eight hours a day for about seven years just on Adobe whatever, clicking and dragging key frames around. And then Robert Downey Junior shows up for like two days and then it's Robert Downey Junior's fucking Iron Man. You know it should be uh but Mark Finnegan's Iron Man.
Speaker 7: You're absolutely right.
Speaker 6: And then you go to the theater one day of your life, for like an hour and a half, two hours, you watch the movie and then that's it.
Speaker 1: No, not even Scarlett, not even Scarlett. You have the movie in the background while you are on your phone doing something in a different God.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you're like or yeah, you're talking to therapy. Get go mm hmm.
Speaker 1: So I guess I guess at the very not to make this ay, it could be worse, but you know, it could be worse. You could You could do special effects for Marvel movies that people watch, well, that people don't watch while they're in the bathroom in another room. At least. The cool thing about opera is that I guess people people are are captive audience for you.
Speaker 2: You know, yeah, yeah, yeah, I guess, I guess.
Speaker 1: So what's the best thing about being an opera singer? What do you enjoy about it?
Speaker 6: I really love learning languages. Do you like watching things in different languages?
Speaker 1: I'm trying. I'd like to learn I I knew a little bit of Italian, but I want to I want to Spanish seems fun. I've been there's a few stores I've been to around my h around around the city, and like they only speak Spanish.
Speaker 7: Oh that's awesome.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 6: I really love that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, learning languages is fun, and I feel like.
Speaker 6: So many more things and like the world could be better if we could watch things in different languages. Like I feel like we could come to appreciate like cultures and people if we like watched more things in different languages.
Speaker 7: And same thing with opera, it's like it's it's a play.
Speaker 6: There's costumes, you read subtitles the whole time. But it's like there's so many things to look at. It's so engrossing, and it's so like opera can be so scary, but I want to tell people that it's not scary. Just like literally, wear a get go suit and go to the opera and nobody's like, nobody can tell.
Speaker 7: You what to do.
Speaker 1: Somebody in the chat just said my roommate dated an opera singer in college and it sucked because the asshole would start warming up at nine to thirty am. Well, by the way, at nine is not that bad. That's like that's the workday.
Speaker 6: True, but opera singers can be pretty loud, so it would wake everybody up. So I get where that person's coming from.
Speaker 7: And that's just that's just a rude person.
Speaker 6: That's not like an opera singer traite, that's just that's just being rude.
Speaker 1: What have you ever done something like that?
Speaker 7: No, because I'm.
Speaker 6: I'm pretty considerate.
Speaker 7: Also, I don't.
Speaker 6: Like like singing in front of people when I don't have to, if.
Speaker 7: That makes sense.
Speaker 1: Okay, yes, some people in the chat were also saying they wanted you to belt out right now, but that probably would wake up ye see ibras.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 6: I live in a house, so no, not really, but I freaking knew that would happened.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 6: One of my side projects, I'm Gonna I'm Gonna self smote here is an opera paid and literally my second to Las video is a meme talking about how people are like.
Speaker 7: Oh, you're an opera singer, can you sing something?
Speaker 6: And it just happened on on Therapy Get Go.
Speaker 7: So thank you for affirming it.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Yea, I guess I guess this means you're not going to do it.
Speaker 7: No I'm not, I'm not. Thank you. Thank you for your curiosity, but unless I'm getting paid. No, thank you.
Speaker 1: Well, you invited me to come to the opera in this text? Where where where's this opera?
Speaker 7: It's anywhere you want it to be there.
Speaker 6: Okay, I will go to the opera with you wherever, wherever you go, I will be there.
Speaker 7: Okay. We can go to New York, we can.
Speaker 6: Go to Self, Sorida, anywhere opera's happening, I'll be there.
Speaker 1: Oh I thought this was like you. I assumed it was. It was like your opera. I don't know if you just meant the.
Speaker 7: Opera No, I just mean like the opera in general.
Speaker 1: Oh okay.
Speaker 7: I think it would be.
Speaker 6: Really fun for you to go to the opera because people are like, oh, operas so like I don't know, like when you think of the opera, you probably think of like, oh, people dressing like really nice suits, and like it's really nice and and everybody's very you know, got the noses in the air.
Speaker 3: Yeah, very posh.
Speaker 6: But it doesn't need to be like that. I feel like you showing up, people would be like, what's going on at the opera?
Speaker 1: No, but I would I see some thing. I would show up in a suit and I would just be like. I know, I would be a dick to everyone. I would like. I wouldn't. I wouldn't. I wouldn't tip the bartender, and I would send the drink back, and I would fart really loudly and it would smell bad, and you'd yeah, I would. I would be bad if if I would yell out lame, if I didn't like one of the singers, I wouldn't. I wouldn't be good.
Speaker 6: Honestly, Please just yell boo.
Speaker 1: I would boo. I would. I would if somebody was good, I would boo just because I'm jealous. Well, Scarlett, I appreciate you giving us this little uh uh tidbit into into into another portal of of opera. Yeah, into the opera universe. Is there anything else that you want to say or share or or express to the people of the computer before we go, Yeah.
Speaker 6: Go follow my opera account if you want to hear a little bit of opera music.
Speaker 7: It's on Instagram.
Speaker 6: Simply bell kanto, simply.
Speaker 7: B E L kanto, c A N t o oh. Also therapy go go.
Speaker 6: You went to Guatemala, I'm Waatemalan freaking very cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, I'm very fond of Guatemala. Well, some girls just died there at the same place that that I went to, and I was like, damn, that sucks.
Speaker 7: Are you talking about Lake Titlan.
Speaker 1: Yes, lake Titlan, Yes.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I saw that. That was really messed up.
Speaker 6: But it's a beautiful place. It's messed up, but one of my beautiful places.
Speaker 1: Side note, Yeah, I mean I lived in Los Angeles for a hot second and a lot of people died there too, So people people pretty much anywhere that there are people, those people.
Speaker 7: Die, so even yeah, that's that's life.
Speaker 1: Have a go rest of the night, Scarlet.
Speaker 7: Thank you so much for talking to me.
Speaker 6: This made my night. I hope I trapped some cats tonight in your honor.
Speaker 1: Beautiful Bye Scarlet.
Speaker 6: Alrighty go bye.
Speaker 1: I'll do. I'll sing opera right now. I don't give a fuck what wdier, I'll stop.
Speaker 2: Never be Get goes on the line, taking your phone calls every night. Never be cant goes do on his ride. He's teaching you loud in the lid of your life, but he's not really an expert.