Speaker 1: I'm gonna be so curious to see who people side with in the comments on this one.
Speaker 2: Yeah it's a tough one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a brand new Second Date Update. Today, we got a new episode for you on the podcast. Thanks so much for being here. And man, you could really argue both sides of this one, So listen up and let us know in the comments because we love reading them.
Speaker 3: We do, and we love highlighting the best ones. So what do you see?
Speaker 4: Like, Yes, okay, Irene said, i came across this show randomly and I'm one of those Minecraft instareels. I loved it, searched about you, people started following you on Spotify, couldn't resist, so I ended up following on every platform possible, and i'd I just want to say.
Speaker 5: You have the best, like month or two ahead of you. Oh my godness, so much, have so much to binge. You find a new Netflix show when you're like, oh my god, this is so good. I find more seasons.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you have like fifty.
Speaker 1: Season Yeah, yeah, but I say the new seasons are the best season. Enjoy the brand new one. Yeah, starting right now.
Speaker 2: Second Date Update, It's Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning and a guy named core is back on with us again after he tried getting a second date a few months ago. And I know we do a lot of these, so you probably won't remember him, but.
Speaker 3: I'm just terrible with names, Jeff. Let's go.
Speaker 2: He did make the fatal air of playing the job game with his date, where you each tell each other what job would you be good at? And he said groupie for her.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I remember, Yeah, that was ault.
Speaker 2: Kind of surprised that woman said no to an date with him, but you know exactly, Corey. It's good to have you back. How you doing, man?
Speaker 6: Thanks, I'm doing great. How are you okay?
Speaker 1: And before we start, you didn't accidentally offend someone again?
Speaker 3: Did you?
Speaker 6: But you're self aware now, I'm pretty sure I didn't know. I think I did a good job this time.
Speaker 2: All right, that's good. Well you may think that, but she is not calling you back, so we don't know for sure. Let's get the full story about this new lady, better lady, hopefully, And how did you meet her?
Speaker 3: The woman was fine, It was not her fault, Jeb.
Speaker 1: That is such a weird place to place blame on someone calling someone else.
Speaker 2: Corey is our listener, so she can do no wrong.
Speaker 3: It is her fault.
Speaker 2: Maybe what I meant was a better match for Jah okay with a nicer lady, So let's let's figure out what's going on with her. Who did you meet recently? Yeah?
Speaker 6: So I met Charlotte, and uh, I think the problem last time, like you said, it was just wasn't a good match for me. So this time I was like, I'm gonna be super specific and just like more intentional about it.
Speaker 3: Are you talking about on the dating apps?
Speaker 2: And yeah, yeah, okay, yeah, do I.
Speaker 6: Just like put some information on my profile that would kind of like screen out anybody who was just wasn't going to be a good fit.
Speaker 3: What did you say? No groupies allowed?
Speaker 6: I promise you I'm staying away from the groupies of anything.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, okay, safe for a first date. So what did you write on your as your criteria for what you're looking for?
Speaker 6: Well, the first thing, obviously was that the hat to have a sense of humor, because I feel like that was the problem last time.
Speaker 3: Does anyone ever think they don't have a sense of humor? Though? Yeah, some people don't. They know that, but they know like they are they self aware.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't think.
Speaker 2: Some people don't like humor. Some people are like laughter.
Speaker 3: No, I haven't ever met with but okay, well, what else was on the list?
Speaker 6: Brunette got to be brunette?
Speaker 3: Weird?
Speaker 2: Why is that weird? Why is that? Who wants to like?
Speaker 1: Because ninety percent of women don't have real hair color, they could be any hair color you want.
Speaker 3: It to be, you know.
Speaker 2: Okay, so diet brown before you meet?
Speaker 6: Yeah, exactly, Like even if you have like natural brown hair and you diet blonde, then we're not a good fit.
Speaker 3: Okay, I just want it to be brown hair.
Speaker 2: Okay. You're very specific about what you like, and that's okay.
Speaker 6: Got to be mid to late twenties.
Speaker 3: Mid to late are you also mid to late twenties?
Speaker 6: I'm thirty two.
Speaker 3: Okay, the thirties doesn't.
Speaker 2: Work for you.
Speaker 6: I've just found that that's a sweet spot, that's all. Okay.
Speaker 2: I mean, Corey, you're taking a risk and you're weeding out the people that for sure won't match with you. Okay, Yeah, what else is on your list?
Speaker 6: So they got to be able to parallel park.
Speaker 3: That's funny. That's like a funny thing, right, that's like your humor park.
Speaker 2: You got to be a joke.
Speaker 6: I guess it's kind of a joke because it's mildly funny, but I mean it like, it's just annoying to me with people like can't parallel park, Like you're a grown up and you can't even do that basic skill and just like get out of here.
Speaker 5: Not everyone's in the city as much having every day, I have a lot of space to park their car.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't like guys that get seasick. So I mean there's weird stuff out there, you know.
Speaker 2: I guess, yeah, totally all right, And you said there was one more.
Speaker 6: They got to be okay with me being five minutes late to everything.
Speaker 2: Oh, you're a late person.
Speaker 1: You that's helpful information because if someone is a super punctual person and that would stress them out, then they're not a good match for you.
Speaker 2: Brook finally approves of one quality.
Speaker 3: It was okay with a parallel parking.
Speaker 2: Okay, So out of all the criteria, did you get any matches with wh or.
Speaker 6: You know what? I got one.
Speaker 3: That's what happens when you it's tunnel it like that. That's why we need to call her back and get a date.
Speaker 2: And so is that the Charlotte girl?
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's Charlotte.
Speaker 2: Okay, So it sounds like you met up with her how to go?
Speaker 6: Yeah, we went to dinner. I was late by not by much, okay, all right, and we had a little laugh about it and honestly, and then we just had the best time. From there, we went to a restaurant and we sat outside. It was like picnic benches and stuff, and we just talked for hours.
Speaker 1: So when did you do the driving test to make sure she was legit on the parallel parking?
Speaker 6: She was like, you know, I already did it because you know, she parked when she arrived there, okay, and then it was close to the curb and it was lined up straight with so funny.
Speaker 2: Okay, did you marry a conversation?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I mean she knows all the steps, but hopefully you got the neighbor's security footage to corroborate the actual story. So it sounds like overall she checked all the boxes that you set out. The connection seems to be good.
Speaker 3: The chemistry sounds so great.
Speaker 2: What's happened since then?
Speaker 6: We exchanged a bunch of texts and look, it's not like she doesn't want to go out with me, because twice we've set updates. It just both times after she said yes, something came up she's like, Oh, I'm sorry, I can't do that.
Speaker 1: I mean maybe if she's a woman that fits all your criteria, she's a woman who fits a lot of guys criteria.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm sure that's possible. But I just I hope she's going to give me another chance, that's all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, At any point, did you ever ask if she has any deal breaking criteria for you?
Speaker 6: Not? As far as I know, she likes me and has no reason not to.
Speaker 2: Okay, So the date was all about you then, and what you want and checking all of your boxes.
Speaker 6: Not necessarily, we just didn't talk about that. She wasn't like, oh are you this? Are you that? I don't know? I thought she liked me. We didn't just talk about me the whole time.
Speaker 2: But it could be a different story when we reach out to Charlotte.
Speaker 5: Other than it's kind of it does seem all about him. Maybe maybe he was too focused on his checklist and if.
Speaker 2: She's not okay with it being all about him, then she doesn't deserve him.
Speaker 3: Well she's the only option.
Speaker 2: So yeah, for now, we might loosen the strings a little bit when we call Charlotte and get you your second date up date coming up right after this second date update if you're just joining us. Corey is back with a very specific set of criteria for what he's looking for in a woman right now, mid to late twenties. Brunette, good sense of humor, ability to parallel park, and has to be cool with him running five minutes late to everything. Yeah, I mean the wedding vows. They write themselves with these, basically, So Corey put that energy out into the universe, and the universe gave him Charlotte, the perfect brunette. They had a pretty perfect dinner date, perfect parallel parking job. The only thing not perfect is he can't lock down that second date with her yet.
Speaker 1: I mean, but there's still text, which is a good sign. Trying to plan, Yeah, trying, but she keeps canceling.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she keeps saying yes and then changing her mind. Cory, where is your head at right now?
Speaker 6: But I'm just trying to figure out what's going on. This is kind of crazy. I'm kind of sick of this kind of behavior from ladies. Honestly.
Speaker 2: Oh oh, that's aggressive. Okay, you might need to add a new thing to your criteria. Yeah, no, women who bread crumb me.
Speaker 3: Okay, no one would respond to him.
Speaker 1: This is literally the only person. This fit every other thing. We can't add any more to the list.
Speaker 2: You're saying, there's a chance.
Speaker 3: I'm saying it may not be Charlotte's fault here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, let's find out. Okay, you might be right, but Corey ready to do this.
Speaker 6: Let's do it?
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 2: Here we go, and Corey, remember, I need you to stay quiet until we can at least get her to tell us a little bit of information and then we'll call you in. Okay, I'm the word.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm scared.
Speaker 5: What did she lied about parallel parking?
Speaker 6: Guys?
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, that's going to be a bomb. This could be devastating.
Speaker 3: That's why she's not calling him back him.
Speaker 2: I don't know, all right, sorry, hold right, and Ruin, let's find out. Here we go. Hello, Hey is this Charlotte? Yeah, hey, Charlotte, thanks for answering. You're on a radio show right now called Brook and Jeffrey in the morning. Good morning, Charlotte.
Speaker 7: Wait what yeah said good morning?
Speaker 3: And that's not what she's saying she's tried to why she's here.
Speaker 2: Sorry, a lot of voice, little overwhelming, probably, But we're a show. We're called Brook and Jeffrey in the morning, and we'd love a second of your time to just chat a little bit.
Speaker 3: About your dating life.
Speaker 7: How did you get my number?
Speaker 2: Some would say the universe provided it to us, but others would say a guy named Corey gave us the digits.
Speaker 7: Whoa wait a minute, Corey called you guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the reason that he did it is because he told us a little bit about your hangout the other night when you went and got dinner to ge and he's a little bit disappointed that you two haven't reconnected for another meetup. That makes sense.
Speaker 7: I'm just taking this all in.
Speaker 1: I mean, he said that you guys have been texting that maybe he was just getting the vibe that you keep canceling on him on purpose, Like you don't you're not maybe as excited about another date as he is.
Speaker 7: No, I mean, I thought the date was cool, but I don't know. He he kind of has a lot of requirements. I guess you could say, yeah, are.
Speaker 3: You talking about his dating bio? His list on his dating bio?
Speaker 7: I mean that was kind of like the whole conversation when we were on the date was about his profile.
Speaker 2: Yeah we heard, we heard a little bit about it. But that's where Corey is in his life right now. He's just trying to figure out if there's somebody out there that can meet the types of things that would fit the style of person that he is. And he thought that was you, Charlotte.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, would you not agree with that?
Speaker 7: I mean, it would be nice if he didn't have a list. But the day was cool, it was nice.
Speaker 6: Good.
Speaker 2: Then, I guess we just need to know if Corey's intuition is correct that you're blowing him off on purpose, Like, is there something specific that's holding you back?
Speaker 7: Oh well, they're kind of is Oh okay. If I'm honest, I feel guilty.
Speaker 3: I feel guilty.
Speaker 2: Well yeah you should, but what.
Speaker 3: He's joking?
Speaker 7: No, but I really do feel kind of guilty about what I know. He had mentioned to me that he only dates women around mid to late twenties.
Speaker 8: Yeah, which is fine.
Speaker 7: However, I'm not in that age bracket.
Speaker 3: Please tell me you're not younger?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean if you are twenty four, Like, where do you.
Speaker 7: Fall I'm in my thirties.
Speaker 3: Wait, does that mean you're lying about your age on the apps?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you have to have it said.
Speaker 5: Why do you think of that?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 7: I kind of I kind of did.
Speaker 3: Why why do you lie? I mean, it's not a big difference. Why do you lie about your dating age?
Speaker 7: I just feel like guys are very specific when it comes to age, and even though I mean we're the same age, I'm thirty two, but I just feel like they want younger and I'm just not there anymore.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but wouldn't you not want to meet a guy that wouldn't I mean, like, if you met a guy who only wants to date someone in their twenties, then maybe they're not the right person.
Speaker 3: Per year, like if they're that strict on it.
Speaker 7: I mean, but the thing is, Corey was such a cool guy and I feel like we hit it off.
Speaker 2: So this thing, the lie about your own age, that's the reason why you keep kind of waffling back and forth on going out with Corey one more time.
Speaker 7: I am not looking forward to telling him, but I feel like, I mean, I have to eventually, I have have to talk to him. I can't just keep yeah, ignoring I can't sling.
Speaker 2: And and what's the thing that they say about, you know, just ripping off the band aid and getting it over with without you kind of done that, Charlotte, because Corey is actually already listening to this phone call quietly on the.
Speaker 3: Other line, so we heard everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm serious.
Speaker 9: If he's there, Corey, Charlotte.
Speaker 2: We're going to back away and let you two talk this out. I think you need a moment.
Speaker 6: So Charlotte, you lied? Huh why?
Speaker 8: I mean, be honest, Corey, Like if I did tell you the truth.
Speaker 7: You wouldn't even give me a chance, Like, I gotta have to fib on this got a point?
Speaker 6: Well, I guess we'll never know because you did lie.
Speaker 1: You're just gonna shut her down like that. Remember she's the only person that the requirements.
Speaker 6: If he didn't, she said she was something and she's a granny and a liar.
Speaker 3: Granny.
Speaker 7: Are you a minute. If I'm a granny, then you're a grandpa because for the same age.
Speaker 6: Like whatever, I obviously don't want to date you, now what, you're really immature. Okay, you're a liar, but I'm immature because I don't want.
Speaker 3: To date you.
Speaker 7: That's fuck look like you've never lied before.
Speaker 8: Come on, I was very upfront, a little too up front, like you're not like a ten you know?
Speaker 6: Oh god man, whatever I mean, that doesn't make you look good. You went out on the date with me, so look, I don't even want to argue about it. I want you. I think it's only fair that you venmo me half the cost of dinner.
Speaker 3: Corey, what are you doing, dude? I know that she like faved on her age, but you liked her.
Speaker 6: I did like her until I found out she wasn't a truthful person.
Speaker 7: I'm not going to memo you this is ridiculous. Like you order street taco I think the bill is like eight dollars, Like, you can't be that cheap tacos?
Speaker 2: Drink right?
Speaker 6: Well, you can tell it to the judge.
Speaker 3: Jug Will you take it to a small claims court?
Speaker 2: Very small court?
Speaker 7: Be joking, Corey, I'm not joking.
Speaker 6: No, have you heard of Judge Mathis?
Speaker 3: Do you want to go to a TV judge show?
Speaker 7: Judge Matthews, You're gonna embarrass both of us.
Speaker 8: Stop it.
Speaker 6: Oh you're gonna be embarrassed. I've already been on the show twice because the issues I've had with roommate dying.
Speaker 2: I don't know if that admission actually makes you look better.
Speaker 1: I know, dude, dude, I'm thinking you just need to venom him the eight bucks if he's that desperate for it, and just get him out of your hair.
Speaker 7: I'm not doing it. I'm not gonna memo you.
Speaker 2: No, the venmo and the court talk aside. It's at this point that I would like to offer a second date.
Speaker 3: They already oh no, this.
Speaker 8: Isn't we're declining a strong decline from No, you won't.
Speaker 2: Have to pay for these tacos. They'll be on us.
Speaker 1: Charlotte and Corey's to say, yes, he's got no one else that matched him in the dating apps.
Speaker 6: Can you please stop mentioning that you're supposed to be on my side?
Speaker 3: She delighted to be the one person who did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she sounds kind of like a groupie to me.
Speaker 8: Brother, you know what I'm saying, I am not a groupie.
Speaker 3: On an inside joke?
Speaker 7: Yeah, the last one. So what do you mean he called everybody a groupie this.
Speaker 3: Show before too.
Speaker 2: The fact that you don't get the joke means you're just not meant to be together Charlotte, so I'm sorry, doesn't.
Speaker 3: Take it personally.
Speaker 7: No, no, no, don't be sorry. This is this is helping me.
Speaker 8: You know what.
Speaker 6: Let's just let's just hang up on her. Because I got to get back to my dating profile. I got to add a new criteria to it.
Speaker 2: So your new criteria is, women who won't go out with me a second time have to be okay with venmowing me for half the bill for the dating we can.
Speaker 3: They give you enough character, you're gonna.
Speaker 2: Get so many matches after that. Bro Jeffrey in the Morning, and these are tough second date updates for us to do. Where everybody's wrong, but also everybody's kind of right. You shouldn't care about other people's age. You shouldn't lie about your own age. I've been telling Brook for years to put her real age on the Morning show LinkedIn page. She's still twenty six years old. For everybody crazy that.
Speaker 3: Everyone believes it. I look so good.
Speaker 2: But you know, when everybody disagrees and everybody agrees, there's no middle ground. It was impossible to get them back together.
Speaker 6: Agree.
Speaker 2: Oh well, okay, I change my mind though, Okay, then I agree.
Speaker 3: It's a hard one. I mean there should be more compromise in the world of dating. Yeah, just in the world.
Speaker 2: Not everything is a deal breaker red flag. Yeah, you know, it could be a flag.
Speaker 6: It's gou to be a deal breaker.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that's not very good for the plot, now, is it.
Speaker 1: No, that's true for the plot, Jeff, Yeah, that's what we're.
Speaker 6: Here.
Speaker 2: You're going to hear that for the next four months, every single day. But exactly so, email the show, even if it's just for the plot, and we'll call that person who's not calling you back. Go check out all of our second date updates, great plots on those. They're available online wherever you get them.