Speaker 1: Good morning, Usa yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 2: Just hilarious with that. Charlemagne got piece of the planet. Guess what day it is? Guess what day it is?
Speaker 3: Good morning?
Speaker 4: Yes till yo Wednesday, middle of the week, home day? Good morning?
Speaker 2: What's up? Just how you feeling?
Speaker 5: What's up?
Speaker 2: I feel good?
Speaker 5: I feel good?
Speaker 2: You're still stuck here with that nine inches? Yeah?
Speaker 6: No, no, no, it was most of it got plowed yesterday, so well overnight or whatever. We thought it was gonna We was gonna get hit again last night, but we didn't.
Speaker 3: That's the whole point of getting cloud.
Speaker 2: Okay, good morning.
Speaker 3: How are y'all?
Speaker 2: Y'all feeling good out there? Kids ain't up yet? It's okay? No, no, no, yes. You know whose birthday it is today? Uh? It's the leader of North Korea, King Jong Oundsburg.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna just well, I'm gonna tell you well, yesterday he banned Glizzies in North Korea. So if you eat a goose, yeah, if you eat a glizzy in North Korea, you could be facing jail.
Speaker 2: Time when you say a gizzy, you mean a hot dog? That's correct, yes, yes.
Speaker 5: Okay, So what is it? He's fear that is in fear that his people are gay.
Speaker 2: I don't like what is it? I don't know.
Speaker 1: I just no, no, no, it's it's he doesn't want Western culture infiltrating in North Korea.
Speaker 3: That's what it is.
Speaker 1: Yes, it Actually, if you serve hot dogs is considered an act of treason because it's a it's the popularity I think in South Korea of hot dogs arising. So if you caught selling or cooking hot dogs, you face.
Speaker 4: Serving time in the labor labor can that's right. So no glizzies in North Korea.
Speaker 2: Glies.
Speaker 1: It's more so about Western culture. Want Western culture infiltrating North Korea.
Speaker 5: Yeah, stuff on with some rice, that might be good.
Speaker 1: So listen, if you imagine you can't put a hot dog in, imagine have to put a penis in your mouth.
Speaker 2: Jesus Christ Lord, have mercy. Good morning, all right?
Speaker 1: No, no, jump out right, okay, right, so for good morning, all right.
Speaker 4: Well today on the show, we got a couple of people joining us. Chloe Bailey will be joining us.
Speaker 2: My cousin Chloy Bailey, will be here.
Speaker 1: She's gonna be here with the President of the NAACP, Derek Johnson, and as president and CEO of BT Scott Mills, because the NAACP Image Awards is going to be airing on February twenty second on.
Speaker 3: B, E, T, and CBS.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 3: Then, now you know what Chloe has to do with any of this?
Speaker 2: Is she hosting up? We'll find out.
Speaker 3: Sure, we'll find out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll find out. Yeah, what she has to do with this? All right.
Speaker 1: They're always a pleasure when she comes. I just want to know why she with these two guys.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, Yeah, And I'm sure we'll get all into her business as well, because over the vacation she was out in Nigeria, right.
Speaker 6: Yeah, people would be wanting to know why she with any guys people always got Sunny.
Speaker 4: Said, yeah, so we'll get all that information when she joined us, all right, Jess will have a lot of mes this morning.
Speaker 3: We got Donkey of Today at aight oh four this.
Speaker 1: Morning, so you know, if you have any Donkey of the Day requests, feel free to send them in.
Speaker 3: That's right, yes, And.
Speaker 4: Then we got front page News next to Morgan would so we'll get to that. You don't go anywhere. Wake your ass up. It's the breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Good morning, good morning.
Speaker 4: Everybody is DJ, Envy, Jess, Hilarious, Charlmagne the guy.
Speaker 2: We are to Breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: Let's get in some front page news.
Speaker 6: Good morning, Morgan, good morning, Good morning, Envy, Charlemagne and Jess. Listen, there's a lot going on on the top of your headlines on the front page news. But first let's talk about this breaking news out of California. Firefighters continuing to battle a blaze moving fast through Palisades and the Los Angeles Hills. The strong windstorm is making it difficult to control the wildfire in Pacific Palisades. The high winds are expected to continue to move through today. California Governor Gavin Newsom has advised residents across the region to make evacuation plans. We'll also hear from Margaret Stewart, who is from the Los Angeles Fire Department, who called the situation incredibly unpredictable. Let's hear from Gavin Newsom and la fd's Stewart.
Speaker 7: You may feel at home, You're fine. Riverside County, San Bernardino County down in Ventura County.
Speaker 3: Other parts of the state.
Speaker 7: But there's a reason we've pre positioned hundreds of assets and personnel on Sunday in anticipation of this wind event.
Speaker 8: It's very dynamic and challenging to predict fire, which is why we have such an expansive evacuation zone. We want to get everybody out of the area safely.
Speaker 5: Yes, so Stuart, what I want to say.
Speaker 9: Strong winds have grounded all aircraft, including water dropping helicopters, and this is a developing situation, so I will keep you guys posted as this situation develops.
Speaker 2: Are there are these fires the natural phenomenon.
Speaker 9: Yes, they do not know how the fires started, but it does appear to be like.
Speaker 2: Brush rush fires. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I got family out there that said they haven't had power in the last two days, and a lot of the popular restaurants.
Speaker 2: Have been shut down because they've been burned down.
Speaker 4: So if you have family out in California, you definitely pray for them or tell them to evacuate if they need to. Don't tell them the STATEA to try to save that house. Get the hell out they need to.
Speaker 1: I mean that you got to have the money to evacuate and it's the middle of the week. Kids in school, you got jobs to go to, Like, it's not as easy.
Speaker 4: It's just you know, up and in evacuation might not have a choice that if they if they're burning.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wish people. I wish what people could afford to have the choices. What I'm saying, you know what I do want to do. I want to ask a firefighter this, Why do they throw water on the forest fires? But then they tell you like not to throw water on like electric fires, the grease fires.
Speaker 3: Like, I wonder, what's.
Speaker 5: Every fire is different?
Speaker 2: Every fire is different, and that's what I wonder. Why they spread? Yeah, I wonder why.
Speaker 9: Yeah, different different ways, so they're ignited power, Yeah, different ways to handle different fire.
Speaker 6: Water would not handle a grease fire. We know that water and oil don't mix, so you would have to handle that fire a different kind of way. But moving on, Vice President Harris's Los Angeles home is actually in the evacuation zone in Brentwood, in the eastern point of the evacuation zone.
Speaker 9: However, she is actually here in Washington, d C. The fire went passed at least eighty miles per hour, has burned nearly three thousand acres of land with no containment. Now, the VP has issued a statement saying her heart goes out to those impacted by the devastating wildfires, and she also went on to say that her and President Biden are committed to ensuring that no community has to respond to the disaster alone, adding that they have already mobilized federal resources to suppress the fires and provide overhead support. Moving on, this is just again, that's very sad situation. Moving on, the United States were still in morning of the thirty ninth. President Jimmy Carter. Now his remains arrived yesterday after being flown from Georgia earlier in their day. Carter's family and hundreds of lawmakers watched as a honor guard carried his casket up the steps to the Capitol.
Speaker 5: He is now lying in state at the US Capitol.
Speaker 9: Vice President Harris delivered the eulogy during a memorial service in the Capitol rotunda yesterday and noted how Carter was able to broke her peace between Egypt and Israel, adding that he was a respected global leader who will be remembered for his legacy. Let's hear from VP Harris on late President Carter through.
Speaker 10: His unshakable belief in the power of American diplomacy. He secured the Camp David Accords. He instituted full diplomatic relations with China, well, she would later call one of the most historically significant accomplishments of his presidency. Jimmy Carter established a new model for what it means to be a former president and leaves an extraordinary post presidential legacy.
Speaker 2: I've been President Carter.
Speaker 3: Spirit is like, if you don't hurry up and bury O.
Speaker 2: I was thinking the same thing. I was just thinking, when did he die? Because I feel like it's been a while.
Speaker 1: I died at one hundred. I'm ready to go. I don't need to be lying in state at the US Capitol. Y'all been watching me lying in state for the last decade.
Speaker 4: I was just thinking, I was like, when did he I thought he died like way before New Year, like right like Christmas Christmas right.
Speaker 1: Kind of he kind of did because he was kind of already shut up. Was like we used to see.
Speaker 2: Him like a couple of months ago.
Speaker 1: He was just laid out, mouth wide open.
Speaker 5: For some time. That's crazy.
Speaker 2: For some time. Let's find praise news. What we do next hour.
Speaker 9: Next hour, we're going to talk about Trump and all the things that he had to say at his Marl Largo presser.
Speaker 5: So we'll get into that, all.
Speaker 4: Right, and everybody else, get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. If you need the event, call us up right now again. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. Get it off your chest, call us up right now. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: It's a new day. Is your time to get it off your chest, whether you're mad or.
Speaker 11: Black, time to get up and get something.
Speaker 2: Call up now. Eight hundred five eight five one five one. We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club. Hello. Who's this? Hey?
Speaker 12: This is mainstream out of Atlanta, Georgia.
Speaker 2: Man with some mainstream. Good morning, get it off your chest.
Speaker 12: Brother, okay man first of all, man, good morning to everybody.
Speaker 13: Charlotte, Maagine Envy, just.
Speaker 11: Coome onring y'all, brother.
Speaker 12: Morning Now, I want to speak on the Sluweigia Luigi thing.
Speaker 14: Man.
Speaker 12: I know y'all gonna disagree to show them out here with your preaching listeningly' all for ten years.
Speaker 15: I know you're angle.
Speaker 12: But my wife is in the healthcare field, right, and when they're charging people a thousand dollars for a pill that cost them ten dollars, and your family members are dying because they can't apport these pills, that's the people upset about. That's why people in support of Luigi because some of these pills that they charging one hundred dollars a pill, they're paying a dollar of mee in the.
Speaker 13: Healthcare field is getting over on us so bad?
Speaker 12: If people at dial in the frank, how do you expect somebody feel sorry for Luigi with our loved ones sost us at nine because we can't afford this medicine.
Speaker 1: I agree with you about the price of medicine. I understand everything that's you're saying. But killing people in the healthcare field, it isn't gonna change the price of medicine.
Speaker 2: Like you said, your wife is in the healthcare field.
Speaker 1: What if somebody got up sat because you know, they got charged, you know, too much money wherever she works at and.
Speaker 3: They decide to kill her.
Speaker 2: What what? What would that solve anything?
Speaker 12: But that's how I know how much bill cost because she was I know that fighting the lower the cost of these pills. She's finding ways to help these people get pills at a cheaper price.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, but people don't know that. All they know is that she's the person that works in the healthcare field.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that man didn't deserve to die, you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Even though yeah, yeah, you're absolutely right with what's going on with the healthcare and the pills and the metals.
Speaker 1: Absolutely right. I actually think that it should be free down there.
Speaker 4: It is foul, but that still doesn't give a person the right to just handle it on his own and start killing people.
Speaker 1: And once again, you said your wife is in the healthcare field, and I'm sure that she's doing a phenomenal job, and you know she's trying to help people. But for the folks who don't know that and just look at her and say, oh, she's a symbol of the healthcare system, and what if somebody wanted to.
Speaker 2: Take her out? That's Would you agree with that? Then?
Speaker 3: I understand? Would you be so understanding?
Speaker 12: I give what you're saying, I get what you're coming from, but its levels to it.
Speaker 10: There's left to it, all right?
Speaker 9: Man?
Speaker 2: Go on, brother, Hello, who's this yo? What's year? Brother? Get it off your chest.
Speaker 16: Hey, I just want to give my daughter. Uh, what's your happy birthday? Today's our birthday?
Speaker 2: Okay? How old is she?
Speaker 16: Hey, showman, you drop a clues ball.
Speaker 2: For my daughter? One time I went the clues bump for your daughter? What's her name? Again?
Speaker 17: A riot shot?
Speaker 2: How old is she? How old is she? Brother?
Speaker 16: She turned sick today?
Speaker 1: Man, I got a beautiful six year old at the house right now? Man, what you're doing with your birthday?
Speaker 2: What you doing? What your doing today for a birthday?
Speaker 18: Uh?
Speaker 16: Well, we just I'm gonna I'm gonna give her a pizza party as school when I get off of work. And then this weekend she's into skating, so I'm gonna take. I'm gonna take the whole family.
Speaker 1: Nothing better than putting a smile on your daughter's face, your child, period. But I mean I got four daughters, so that's all I know. But there's nothing like putting a smile on your daughter's face.
Speaker 2: Man, absolutely right right?
Speaker 16: She wanted Uh what did she want for her birthday? She wanted a dog and another and a little sister. So we're actually pregnant and so we might tell it.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I'm not getting a dog.
Speaker 1: She wants two things that require too much responsibility and that she will not be taking and that she will not be taken care of either one of those things.
Speaker 16: No, clean the room right now without giving me back. So yeah, we want, we wanna, we wanna Mike tell her we're pregnant and go from there. But uh, yeah, that's pretty much it.
Speaker 3: You got to tell your wife.
Speaker 1: You got to tell your wife that you want to give your daughter the present, but you don't really want to do it.
Speaker 3: You just do that to get something. That's all.
Speaker 13: I got you.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 1: I have a good ex's confuter. You know what she wants for You know what she wants for her birthday?
Speaker 2: Right? She wanted another little sister. Let's work on that. He said, his wife is pregnant. Now, yes, that's what he just said.
Speaker 1: You don't be listening. No, I didn't hear that part. So why did he say that she want a little system.
Speaker 4: Because they didn't tell it yet. They said they didn't tell it yet. They said they might tell her today for her birthday. You don't be paying attention.
Speaker 3: I wasn't.
Speaker 1: I did not paying this at all.
Speaker 3: She want a little sister?
Speaker 4: No, he said, his wife's pregnant, so you might tell his daughter today. They haven't told the family yet.
Speaker 1: So his daughter getting what she wants for her birthday, not the dog, but the sil very stupid for him not to tell her today she's pregnant. That's why I was confused that she got exactly what she wanted. Now, God, so why wouldn't you just tell her?
Speaker 2: Hey, you getting what you want? She's pregnant.
Speaker 4: Get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. If you need to vent, hit us up now. It's the breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Good morning. The breakfast Club is your time to get it off your chest, whether you're mad or blessed.
Speaker 13: So so we got out the same anathy we want.
Speaker 2: To hear from you on the breakfast Club.
Speaker 13: Ah, we's bess yo Yo?
Speaker 8: What up?
Speaker 9: Man?
Speaker 19: Your boy JB from Brooklyn was corn on.
Speaker 2: Avy JB from brooklynseller B JB. Get it off your chest?
Speaker 19: Well, yeah, I gotta get off my shirts. Man, this aproblem I can happen my repubment to work and my car broke down on me, man, and I'm not sure. I just want to say I can get a blessed from the university.
Speaker 2: The car broke down, and and you in New York, so it's freezing right now.
Speaker 19: Yeah, it could be a call pack issue. It could be slip timing. I'm not sure, but I'm just hard to get a mechanic out here, so I just wanted to so I could throw my cash up out of.
Speaker 2: There for me.
Speaker 19: That brother, alright on this rich fatherhood one. Make sure the one is behind it, rich fatherhood one. I appreciate that. All the help.
Speaker 1: God, man, you sound very down, my brother, rich rich fatherhood one.
Speaker 19: Yep, yes, make sure the one is behind it. Yeah, man, I appreciate your man.
Speaker 2: Yes, sir, hi brother. You know why that brother sounds so down.
Speaker 1: So there's nothing worse in the world than being a man and having to ask for any.
Speaker 3: Type of financial help.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, that and the fact that life be lifing and sometimes at the worst times, like you just be minding your business. Sometimes you call breakdown, you be mining your business, the heat breakdown, you be minding your business, and things happen.
Speaker 2: Sometimes life be lifing.
Speaker 1: And then you got to call the radio station and put your cash ap out there, because that's just the way things are nowadays. Times a little hard. I just send him a little something man. All right, I said rich fatherhood won a little something.
Speaker 2: Hello, who's this you?
Speaker 17: Good morning?
Speaker 2: What's up?
Speaker 3: Donald?
Speaker 2: Get it off your chest? Man?
Speaker 17: Why does Donald Trump want to change the Gulf of Mexico to the name of the Golf of America. That makes no sense to me.
Speaker 2: You want to take away daytime? What is it? Uh daytime?
Speaker 3: What is it daylight saving?
Speaker 2: Daytime saving time?
Speaker 17: They were taking a life, I mean, focus on gloring gas, not gas prices. Gas prices aren't bad, but grocery.
Speaker 2: Bills and and and.
Speaker 17: Raising minimum wage. You just focusing on your own agenda, bro like and your and your and your supporters just think it's the greatest thing happening since twice bread Like.
Speaker 1: Well, I will say about the daylight saving time. Most countries around the world don't observe daylight savings time.
Speaker 2: Now at all.
Speaker 4: That was a long time though they did for military to to they could save money on oil and gas.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I don't.
Speaker 1: And I'm not even gonna sit here and act like I'm smart enough to even understand why he wants to change the Goal of Mexico to the Gulf of America. I really don't care about that. But I do agree with what you're saying. Like, you know, you you ran on the economy, so you better start talking about things that actually impact the economy.
Speaker 20: Bro.
Speaker 2: He ain't gonna do that.
Speaker 21: Man.
Speaker 17: He just focuses on his own self and that weig on top two. Bro, Because Bro, that's that's that weig on top.
Speaker 22: Man.
Speaker 2: You need to let that go. Well.
Speaker 3: He might save TikTok.
Speaker 2: I don't have a go with brother. Hello, who's this?
Speaker 17: This is Marcus?
Speaker 23: Up?
Speaker 2: Brother? What up? Marcus? Brother? Get it off your chest?
Speaker 24: Man.
Speaker 16: I listen to y'all every morning.
Speaker 11: Appreciate you, but i'd be wondering about I be wondering about Charlemagne though.
Speaker 3: Man, that's what I want you to do.
Speaker 16: A lot they say, he said a lot of fool gazey stuff.
Speaker 3: I want you to wonder about me every day.
Speaker 2: But he's Bro, he's suspect.
Speaker 3: Do you think I'm handsome?
Speaker 22: That old sound right?
Speaker 2: Brother?
Speaker 16: You said a lot of peenis jokes.
Speaker 13: Bro, that's that's suspect.
Speaker 23: Bro.
Speaker 3: Do you think I'm handsome?
Speaker 17: I think you think you're sweet.
Speaker 9: Bro.
Speaker 2: I think you're sweet. You think you're sweet? So do you think I'm handsome?
Speaker 22: I think you're about Hey, I see I've seen you on TV.
Speaker 3: Did you like what you said?
Speaker 2: You had luck? You had a god shadow or something. Bro.
Speaker 1: They always say that. They always say, I look like I got an eyeliner on. But you're still not answering the question did you like what you see?
Speaker 25: Nah?
Speaker 13: I ain't gave brother.
Speaker 22: You sound gave th Charlatmaine.
Speaker 16: I respect you, but you said a lot of gay stuff.
Speaker 1: Bro, I've been saying that for he is envy. I know you ain't talking talking about you. Listen by the way you you was going for I got it.
Speaker 2: Dude, dude, thank you. You're trying to trying to turn me out.
Speaker 13: Miss and miss Le Rose, I got marriage for you too.
Speaker 2: She's gay. Shut like the Phoenis man. Man, you got tight enough, Bro. No, I can't be tight and lose at the same time. Christ Ball, But.
Speaker 24: Look I love y'all.
Speaker 11: Man, So you like it tight?
Speaker 2: Hold on so you like it tight? So you like it tight.
Speaker 1: Listen to you, man, after you questions were having a conversation, you saying loose and cool.
Speaker 12: I don't right like that, man, I don't right like.
Speaker 2: That, Okay, because you have a good one. Man, No job bro, you'd be safe out there, brother, get it off your chest.
Speaker 4: Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. If you need the vent, you can hit it uping. Now we got just with the mess coming up. When we're talking about Jess the.
Speaker 5: White ho Shaquille O'Neil was beefing.
Speaker 4: Oh boy, all right, can you imagine them to those two people fight? Won what six three? The other one seven foot?
Speaker 5: I wouldn't want to fight Shack. If I was seven, I wouldn't want to fight.
Speaker 1: We ain't never really see shocked beat nobody, ass though he always somebody always got the best of him.
Speaker 3: Just a little bit.
Speaker 2: We'll talk about it, all right, a little bit. That's a little bit. We'll get to it. Next. Is the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: Good morning, the Breakfast Clubod morning everybody. It's dj n V, jess Hilarius, Charlamagne the God we are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Let's get to Jess with the mess.
Speaker 6: You is real, whether it's Hilarus, Jessica, Robert Moore, just don't do no lines, don't do.
Speaker 26: Talk talk stations.
Speaker 3: World why jes worldwid.
Speaker 2: On the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: She's a coach of ship.
Speaker 27: She was able to get y'all to see something and understand something that nobody could.
Speaker 11: Get you to see this time to set it off.
Speaker 6: Okay, so this is not really happy news. But for those who know twitch U from the Ellen DeGeneres Show, he was the executive producer of that show. He's also a He was also a dancer and a DJ. He died by suicide back in twenty twenty two, and we was shocked by his suicide because from how he was remembered consistently, he was a very happy person, didn't show any signs of struggle and all of that. But yesterday People exclusively released an interview with his widow, Alison Holker, and during the interview, she had shared some things that she had realized about him having an alleged drug addiction while she was preparing for his funeral.
Speaker 15: The moment, I was with one of my really dear friends and we were cleaning out the closet and picking out an outfit for him for the funeral. And it was a really triggering moment for me because there was a lot of things I discovered in our closet that I did not know existed, and it was very alarming to me to learn that there was so much happening that I had no clue, so that it was a really scary moment in my life to figure that out. But it also helped me process that he was going through so much, and he was hiding so much, and there must have been a lot of shame in that, and he was wrestling with a lot inside himself, and he was trying to self medicate and cope with all those feelings because he didn't want to put it on anyone because he loved everyone so much. He didn't want any other people to take on his pain. But it was very alarming and scary to find those things and have never known.
Speaker 6: And she claimed that he had like a bunch of drugs like shrooms, pills and other things that she needed to look up on her phone that she wasn't familiar with, and she said these things were hitting the shoe boxes. And then following the interview, his family and friends had reacted to her comments. The first to say something was TV personality Canda's Dealer Bassett. She's one of the housewives, and she had said, I'm not even gonna say it, but this white woman is doing everything but protecting her black children and her black husband's legacy. She could have kept that in her therapist's office. Shaking my head, I respond, I mean I agree with that because it's like damn, you know, but when you look at it on the other side of things, you got people like other fans who were saying, like she was probably trying to bring awareness of you know, mental illness and drug abuse or whatever like that. And Candice followed up by saying she could have just easily taken this story to essence or ebony where pivot essence or ebony where care would have been taken to share such a tragically intimate story of a black man's plight against himself. Now it's important to know all of this that Twitches autopsy like his report confirmed that there was no alcohol or drugs in his system at the time of his death, even to which cousin Daria also went off on Allison. She said, I'm so tired of keeping my.
Speaker 5: FM mouth shut.
Speaker 6: Bro, she won't let our family see the kids. He wasn't in addict, he smoked weed and was actively trying to quit that he wasn't some junkie. She also claimed that Allison maids, which his mother and family signed NDAs in order to attend his funeral. Twitch His friend Courtney and Platt also chimed in and read Allison for filth. I'm just reading a little bit of it that this is by far the most tacky, class list, opportunistic act I have ever seen in my entire life. We all had to sign some weird NDA to attend this funeral, even his own mother, who was treated like garbage this entire time.
Speaker 5: So it's just a whole bunch.
Speaker 4: Yeah, obviously you can tell that she don't mess with the family like that. That's what you could tell just from there. But I kind of agree with the family. I mean, it's certain things that would I would have wanted to be left out, Like if he did have a drug problem and that was a situation that he was fighting and nobody knew, I say, you protected.
Speaker 2: That's just me. That's how I feel.
Speaker 4: I would protect any of my family members if that's what they were going through. Now, if it came out and she wanted to say that it was out and about and everybody knew, that's a different situation.
Speaker 2: But you're telling people.
Speaker 4: I just think you don't like the family members said, just for the sake of the family, the sake of the mom, the sake of the children. That's things that if she wanted to discuss discussed with the family on the loan, but not to bring that out to the faintly.
Speaker 2: That's just my thoughts.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, And she was interviewed by people to promote her new book, so.
Speaker 3: Just promoting the book, that's why.
Speaker 1: Okay, that makes sense, Like, you know, first of all, healing and I'm sending healing in energy to the family of Twitch. Until you said that part, Jess, I didn't understand the point of his widow telling those stories unless she's probably trying to, you know, show people signs for folks to look out for. But she's selling a book, so that's what that's about. But if you aren't even sure what Twitch is going through, why share that or what he was going through?
Speaker 2: Why share it? Because she says she just found out when he passed, like she didn't know. So once again, she's promoting the book.
Speaker 6: Correct And the book is a memoir and it comes out of a Friday.
Speaker 2: Not for enough and there was no drugs in the system.
Speaker 4: They said the autopsy family was that if he was just holding the drugs for as people's it could be a situation.
Speaker 2: Promoting her book, and if not just about promoting her book.
Speaker 1: I don't want people to think that she's just using her you know, ex husband to death as marketing. She's telling her story. Correct, that's part of her story, that's in her memoir.
Speaker 3: I get it.
Speaker 6: I mean, but shit a clown though, because that's too much. I mean, in my opinion, she's a clown, gotcha. So that's that that's just with the mess as well.
Speaker 4: All right, now, Early, I know when we did the tease, I was talking about Shaquille O'Neal and d white House. We talk about it now, but I'll said he was ill.
Speaker 2: Said he was six three. You said, Dwight howeld six. He's not six three, he's like seven three or something like that.
Speaker 3: Right, he was like six ten six?
Speaker 2: Check is like seven three seven, like seven to seven three. I got the eighth. The size is wrong, but anyway, what's wrong with that? You already get God's size is wrong. Shut up like you can't take anything serious. That's why the god called earlier said you always talked to game. That's why he said, you're suspect white is six ten?
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, he's six ten Shack is like seven foot seven three.
Speaker 4: All right, all right, Well, when we come back, we got Front page News. Then we have the President of NAACP, Derek Johnson, the president and CEO of b E T. Scott Mills, and Chloe Bailey will be joining us. The NAACP Image Awards nominations were released yesterday, so we'll talk to them all about it.
Speaker 2: So don't go anywhere. It's the Breakfast Club Morning. You're taking out the Breakfast Club morning.
Speaker 4: Everybody is j V just hilarious. Charlamagne the guy we are to Breakfast Club. Let's get in some front page newles morning morning.
Speaker 9: Good morning, env. Yes, and Charlotte Magne, y'all do it all right this morning?
Speaker 2: Yes, ma'am.
Speaker 5: Okay, Well, let's get into it.
Speaker 9: President Electrump is criticizing President Biden as his time in office is coming to it, and Trump spoke at his mar A Largo residence a day after Congress certified his election win and suggested the Biden administration is doing the American people wrong and claimed inflation is raging. Excuse me, Here's Trump's comments on the transfer of power. Let's hear more from President elect Trump.
Speaker 25: We are inheriting a difficult situation from the outgoing administration, and they're trying everything they can to make it more difficult. And I've been disappointed to see the Biden administration's attempt to block the reforms of the American people and that they voted for.
Speaker 2: They just had a landslide election.
Speaker 25: We won every swing stat We won the popular vote by millions and millions of people.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Trump had more to say. He also said that the Gulf of Mexico would.
Speaker 5: Be getting a new name. Let's hear those comments from the President elect.
Speaker 28: We're going to be changing the name of the Gulf of Mexico to the Gulf of America, which has a beautiful ring that covers a lot of territory. The Gulf of America.
Speaker 13: What a beautiful name.
Speaker 5: What a beautiful name. What do you guys think about that Golf of America? We like it?
Speaker 2: Donald Trump? Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Donald Trump shows me what's politically possible. Trump shows me what presidents can do if they want to do it. Donald Trump shows me what can be said if you are willing to say it. It's not about what can't be done, it's about who has the political will to do it. I don't want to hear peep from Democrats about nothing until they get the balls to say what's really on their mind in regard to this country, in this world. Trump doesn't camp. It sounds ridiculous. Trump doesn't camp. It makes sense. It's no political correctness whatsoever. As I've been saying for years, the language of politics is dead and Donald Trump killed it period.
Speaker 9: Well, while we're on the topic, President Electrump is declining to rule out the use of military or economic force to gain control of Greenland or the Panama Canal. He admitted that we need the respective countries for economic security, but he threatened to hit Denmark with tariffs if Danish officials didn't cooperate with his bid to take over Greenland. When asked if he would rule out military or economic coercion to get Greenland or the Panama Canal, Trump said, I can't assure you on either of those two now. The President elect also said he would consider using economic coercion to convince Canada to become the fifty first state and part of the United States.
Speaker 5: Now, lest we not forget.
Speaker 9: That, President elect Trump will be sentenced this week Friday, January tenth. This comes as a judge is rejecting his efforts to stop his sentencing. Trump is going to be sentenced for a criminal conviction in his New York hush money case.
Speaker 5: Friday.
Speaker 6: Judge Juan Mershawn said January tenth as Trump's sentencing date. Now, Trump's lawyers appealed the decision to dismiss his attempts and have.
Speaker 5: His conviction tossed out.
Speaker 9: He is now scheduled, of course, to be sentenced on Friday, just ten days before he is set to be inaugurated.
Speaker 5: Switch.
Speaker 2: Okay, tell you one thing. Everybody involved in that New York case, y'all on that list. Letting you know it right now. You know Trump got a revengelist, and y'all on that list.
Speaker 5: You know who may not be on the list?
Speaker 9: Mark Zuckerberg Now Meta is ending its factchecking program in favor of a community based system similar to community notes on x now. The changes were announced yesterday by CEO Mark Zuckerberg and will affect Facebook, Instagram, and threads. Let's hear more from Zuckerberg on that announcement.
Speaker 29: There's been widespread debate about potential harms from online content. Governments and legacy media have pushed to censor more and more. A lot of this is clearly political, but there's also a lot of legitimately bad stuff out there. Drugs, terrorism, child exploitation. These are things that we take very seriously. I want to make sure that we handle responsibly. So we built a lot of complex systems to moderate content. But the problem with complex systems is they make mistakes. Even if they accidentally censored just one percent of posts, that's millions of people. And we've reached a point where it's just too many mistakes and too much censorship.
Speaker 9: Yeah, so Zuckerberg said, the idea is to focus on reducing those mistakes and restoring freedom of expression. Now, he cited the recent election as a big reason behind the decision, criticizing governments and legacy media for pushing for more censorship.
Speaker 5: What do you guys think about that?
Speaker 9: So basically, no more fact checking to say what you want on these social media platforms.
Speaker 2: I mean, what's new? Is that new? That's not new? None of that matters anyway. Facts don't matter over feelings.
Speaker 1: Nowadays people don't read defined print, and that's what those community notes are anyway, fine print. So like the fact checking don't matter, the community notes don't matter. Nobody cares about the truth from the lives more than ten.
Speaker 4: I thought they put up algorithms to stop a majority of that, or to try to stop it, But I guess that's all thrown.
Speaker 2: Out the window now. The algorithm that stop I guess certain key words and things like that. Yeah, they actually stuff like that.
Speaker 9: They actually contracted a number of fact checking companies throughout the world globally to make sure that, you know, to basically watch these type of things. But yeah, that's not going to be the case anymore. So you pretty much get to say whatever you want to say.
Speaker 2: But what what what would be changing?
Speaker 1: Haven't people been saying whatever they want to say on social media for years?
Speaker 2: Pretty much?
Speaker 9: You may you know, in the past, you may have received like a notification, or your post may have been taken down or removed.
Speaker 5: Those type of things will not happen.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, you know how you might end up in like the Facebook jail because you said something crazy.
Speaker 5: Well maybe that's that's not that may not be the case.
Speaker 6: Anymore, and then certain lawsuits come from that too, right, Like, you say whatever you want it and you end up being too.
Speaker 5: But that's not going to be a problem now because no faith.
Speaker 9: Yeah yeah, So basically again it opens that Pandora's box where it pretty much brings us back to ground zero when it comes to freedom of expression, say what you want.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's that's really the biggest problem.
Speaker 1: Really, the biggest problem is that these social media platforms can't be held accountable for any of the lives that are on their platforms, because, like, if I get on this radio and say something that's not true, if somebody can sue me a lot of biggas to the radio station, biggas to iHeart, Like there's a bunch of different people they can sue. You can't do that when it comes to these social media platforms. You can see the person, the individual that said it, but not the platforms not being held responsible.
Speaker 9: Correct, All right, Let's bring things home quickly to New York. The FBI says there's more criminal conduct by New York City Mayor Eric Adams.
Speaker 5: That's what federal prosecutors are.
Speaker 9: Claiming in a new court filing, with Adams telling news reporters yesterday that he is taking the advice of his lawyer to stay disciplined. Let's hear from New York City Mayor Eric Adams.
Speaker 30: Even Raychels can see what's going on. I've said over and over against I've done nothing wrong. Let their attorneys do that. I have to run the city. I'm focused from running the city. I cannot make that any clear. I'm focused from running the city. You know, I think this is clear what's happening right now? To reach out to my attorney. He's reachable.
Speaker 9: So the new filing doesn't provide specifics, but Adams has pleaded not guilty in a five count indictment and charging him with accepting luxury travel in exchange for political favors, mostly on behalf of Turkey. Now to the disclosure of possible additional criminal conduct came in response to Adam's lawyer requesting more information about the initial charges. Now, prosecutors have said a super seding indictment containing additional chargers is likely in the mayor's case. Now, Adams is expected to stand trial in April. Of course, I'll keep you guys posted on what's going on with that.
Speaker 5: Otherwise that's your front page news. I'm Morgan Wood and.
Speaker 1: I want to just point out Mayor Adams said, even Ray Charles can see what's going on. That's because Ray Charles is in heaven. Okay, he's been dead. I've been dead for twenty years. Okay, you should have used Stevie Wonder. He's still alive.
Speaker 5: Jesus, Oh my god.
Speaker 9: All right, news, Thank you you guys. Morgan would follow me on social at work and media. For more news coverage, follow APT Black Information Network, download the free iHeartRadio app, and visit us at bi in news dot com.
Speaker 2: Have a great day, all right.
Speaker 4: Now, when we come back, Chloe Bailey, the President of the NAACP, Derek Johnson, and the President and CEO of b E T. Scott Mills will be joining us. The NAACP Image Awards it's out. The nominations were released yesterday and the show is going to happen February twenty second, So we're going to talk to them when we come back, so don't move.
Speaker 2: It's to Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 11: Good morning.
Speaker 4: Everybody is DJ NV Jess Hilarious, Charlamagne the guy we are the Breakfast Club. Lawnla Roast is here with us this morning, and we got some special guests in the building. We have Derek Johnson, the President of the NAACP. Welcome here we have Scott Mills, CEO of b e T.
Speaker 2: Good morning, thank you for having me, and we have a friend to the room, cousin to the room, Chloe Bailey. Ladies and gentlemen, welcome back.
Speaker 21: Hello.
Speaker 2: How you feeling? How's everybody fantastic?
Speaker 4: All right, So we're talking about the NAACP Image Awards Live, which goes down February twenty second, and you guys have released some of the nominations and you're about to tell us who's.
Speaker 2: Going to be the host. Actually we're not yet disclosing.
Speaker 1: Okay, we assume it is Chloe. That's right, you got to run the president.
Speaker 3: Here you go.
Speaker 2: It's hard to be both a nominee and the host.
Speaker 3: So that is correct.
Speaker 21: The first for everything?
Speaker 3: Why are you with Chloe?
Speaker 2: Like? Why are you with them? People?
Speaker 20: Were family are definitely family, you know growing up as well, Sis and I we would go and sing a lot of times at you know, the events in Florida several times.
Speaker 21: And things like that, and it was just really special to be a part of this today with praise this the movie I did with Will Packer winning last year.
Speaker 20: And you know, it was a surprise to me today as we were announcing some of the nominations.
Speaker 9: I got another graduation gratulation know that prior to Oh God is good?
Speaker 2: There you great?
Speaker 24: I think the first time you all joined us in like eleven twelve, Yeah baby, yeah.
Speaker 31: Well, I think it's important for you to be here with them, especially putting your voice on it, because I think there's always a conversation abound, like the award shows that we have and whether people in what level of celebrity supported or not. So I think you being here and you know, being kind of like a face of it helps that. Are you at all like working with the NAACP in these Image Awards? Are you at all getting out there for other award shows and just kind of being a champion of that, like in calling your friends and being like, hey, y'all need to make sure y'all show up, Like what celebrities are you? Like, Hey, make sure you show up, particularly Beyonce.
Speaker 32: For her Yes, you know, we getting there.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 20: I think this one is really especially important because it is honoring us in all of our blackness. And sometimes it's hard in this world and society today to not feel valued or feel worthy enough. But definitely in this space that the image Awards. You know, we are celebrating one another for not only our skin tone, but also the incredible art that we put into the world.
Speaker 2: How do we bring award shows back to where it used to be? Right? I remember as a kid, money, money, at money, It's thrown up as a kid, that's what we look.
Speaker 4: We expired to watch, we expired to We wanted to see the NAACP Awards, we wanted to see the BT Award and some of our biggest moments culturally came from those events, Soul Train as well.
Speaker 2: How do we get back to that? Now you say money, what does that money mean?
Speaker 24: I mean the large marketing houses actually put an instance on black culture in a way which is not exploited for their product line, but that's supportive for the culture's sake. What we have seen over time is a devaluing of shows like Soul Trainers love Soul Trained, but the escalation of resources for the Grammys or the Oscars or the Emmys. While their viewership has been going down, they still investing in it. But then they say, your viewership is down, Yeah, you don't invest, But if you invest, people want to see black entertainment. People want to appreciate the culture, and it's not just in the US, it's globally.
Speaker 1: I agree with that, but you know, there are some black people who think white ice is cold.
Speaker 2: They're absolutely are.
Speaker 18: I mean, I think one of the things that was interesting post you know, that very brief moment of racial renaissance we had in this country post murder of George Floyd an right moment, the post that when we were preparing to do the Image Awards with the NAACP, I would get these calls from journalists and they'd say, is there still a need for the Image Award?
Speaker 2: Haven't aren't we beyond that?
Speaker 18: And I said so, right, right right, And I said, you know, first of all, I think that suggestion means you really don't understand why the Image Awards exist. It is not it doesn't exist because we were excluded from other places. First and foremost, it is about that our community values being recognized and celebrated by our community, and that has absolute value. But the second thing is what we understand about this country is it's terribly fickle. Right So today, oh, yes, we're wonderfully popular and you want to include us in all of your awards shows, But you know this is not going to sustain and what the NAACP in the partnership with BET, we have a consistent commitment to celebrating excellence in our com unity and that's really what our partnership for the Image Awards is all about.
Speaker 31: Question for you guys, because even in planning this show right so BT works with the NAACP to have the awards the program on the network. People always give you, guys a lot of flat for what's on the network and what's not saying that you need better shows or whatever the case may be. But the awards show, the Image Awards are it's always a good show. In my opinion, how much do you get tired of the conversation of BT doesn't have good stuff to watch, that's why we don't watch it?
Speaker 2: Well, it's fascinating.
Speaker 18: I think there are always going to be people who are critical, that's the reality. The situation is really fun. This morning before coming over, I listened to your best of clip that you guys have online and one of your featured guests was miss pat Right and it was through Lee Daniels reaching out to be Et to say I have this series that only be ET can create, the only platform in the world that can actually put this series out there is bet it scares everyone else off. It's an important message, so we looked at it. We love Lee Daniels. Lee greenlit the series right, and it actually secured be ET's first Primetime Emmy nomination, and because it was a really breakthrough show and now everybody knows who Miss Pat is and she's going on. We're actually in the fifth season of that show. And whether it's that or the nominations that we receive for Dr from Detroit Wright's Fantastic show.
Speaker 3: Dr R.
Speaker 18: Kilpatrick is an amazing talent and the show is great fun and the amazing work we do with Tyler Perry.
Speaker 2: The reality is we have the biggest.
Speaker 18: Investment in black focused content than any platform in the country, and even with that, you're never going to be able to satisfy every single audience. And so we recognize that they're going to be things that people love, They're going to be things that people wish for, They're going to be things that you know, people keep on saying, bring back music video shows. Music video shows don't work on linear television. That's just the reality. But so what we focus on is what are the things that Actually, our audiences are really consuming and enjoying, so Tyler Perry's sisters were going into the eighth season. It is the single most watched show among black people on all of television, not all of cable, all of television exact right, so more than anything on broadcast television. So people say, oh, you know, there'll be some people complain about BET, but the fact that we have the single most watched own black households, so that is a long way of saying. We are always striving to be more inclusive. So we created our streaming platform b ET Plus to be able to create even more content speak to diverse audiences. We think are tent poles like the NAACP Image Awards, like the BET Awards, which this where year is going to celebrate its twenty fifth anniversary.
Speaker 2: If you can believe that.
Speaker 18: We think our tent poles are those to their name. They are the things that allow us to bring a huge cross section of the community together to come and celebrate what's really important to us as a community. One of the things this year, over three million folks tuned in sorry as over three million folks moved in sorry tuned in to the BET Awards in twenty twenty four, and if you think about that, it means it's the single largest gathering of Black people for a black event in the country. Rank there's nothing else that three million blackflip folks show up for that is a specifically black event. And so you still have this opportunity to catalyze, mobilize and engage our community, and you just have to be very thoughtful and have great partners like the NAACP.
Speaker 4: All Right, we have more with Chloe Bailey, the President of the NAACP, Derek Johnson, and the president and CEO.
Speaker 2: Of B E. T. Scott Mills. Don't move. It's to Breakfast Club. Good Morning Morning.
Speaker 4: Everybody is dj n V Jess, Hilarry Charlomagne the guy we are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Laura Rossa is in on this interview as well.
Speaker 4: We're kicking it with Chloe Bailey, the president of the NAACP, Derek Johnson, and the president and CEO of B E. T.
Speaker 2: Scott Mills.
Speaker 4: The NAACP Image Awards will air on February twenty second. Now, Charlomagne, what is bet me and THEO generation cloy is your twenty six?
Speaker 20: Yes, I think you know for me growing up. You know, I'm a music lover. I grew up loving One on six in Park. Like I think I could speak for everyone in my generation, you know. I know certain things go into a lot, but that was like the show for me to be inspired, to get excited, Like that was it like I'd run home from school and That's what I'd put on.
Speaker 21: So I was.
Speaker 20: Used to seeing people who look like me, who were succeeding in a field that I wanted to succeed in one day. So BET has always had a special place in my heart, especially think of all the groundbreaking performances, like you know when Beyonce had her incredible performance on there. Yeah, you know, I'm so grateful that I got to be on that stage two three times. One of my favorite performances that I did on there was on BET. It was like this surprise treat me matchup. So it's like, I feel like BET gives a platform for all black artists, whether they are at the top of their game or whether they're rising. And I think it's really special to have that.
Speaker 5: Support when you hit a Scott what do you think?
Speaker 2: So first?
Speaker 18: So I love it and one of the things that we focus on is we understand people love one of six and Park, right, and so the fact that it's it doesn't work as a linear television show doesn't mean one o six and Park is over because we can bring one oh six and Park back as a podcast, we can bring one oh six and Park back as a digital experience, and we can just we we are evolving what one oh six and Park will look like in twenty twenty five because it does have that very important.
Speaker 2: Role I've heard.
Speaker 32: I've heard that you guys are trying to figure out a show like that.
Speaker 18: Yes, and we've got we've got a number of really exciting executions because it's also we're approaching the twenty fifth anniversary of one oh six and Park as well.
Speaker 32: So we be a little bit ad free twenty five years, you.
Speaker 3: Know, we will, We will.
Speaker 18: You'll still be some things that you guys will be really excited about, and we look forward to coming back and talk to you about one oh six p free.
Speaker 2: Yeah, noted so.
Speaker 18: But I think the other thing that Chloe shared that is so important is we at BET exist to be in service of our community and our culture.
Speaker 2: That's what we exist for.
Speaker 18: And we understand that there's a broad ecosystem of different institutions and individuals that make up our community and our culture, and we are part of that broader landscape and that broader ecosystem, and we play a supporting, complementary role to our community and our ecosystem. And whether that's celebrating black excellence, whether that's mobilizing our community around important events, whether that's coming to the aid of our community post you know, in the face of COVID. But to Chloe's very specific point, one of the things that our team loves is to be a platform that both celebrates our most successful artists who are absolutely at the pinnacle of their careers, and simultaneously to identify and support those emerging artists to give them the platform because we were so many artists very first time to be on television, right, so many artists very first time to perform, the number of managers and label executives who come up and say, you know, we are so appreciative to be back at the BET Awards because this is where our talent XYZ got their very first break that really resonates with our team.
Speaker 4: Can you tell us some of the performers that you guys have planned for the NAACP Awards.
Speaker 24: We will be revealing performers as we get closer. We're going to we're doing a rollout now. It is very intentional because we're trying to build the audience. The platforms by which people consume information is shifting every month. You know, as you know we grew up, listen to the Tom Joydan the Morning Show, Breakfast Club took it over. Well, quite frankly, that's gonna be a podcast to take over Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: And so we're one hundred and six.
Speaker 1: What's Happening Club did not take over Tom Joyner.
Speaker 2: Tom Joyner retired on his own code No No, No, No audience.
Speaker 1: Tom Joyner was urban adult contemporary. He came it to the twenty five to fifty four of demo. We came around eighteen to twenty four. And the Breakfast Club is a podcast, not just the podcast with the number one Black podcast in.
Speaker 24: The world and do everything perfect, but somebody gonna do it better later. Is that gonna be next month they come up? Or is it gonna be next year? You're doing everything?
Speaker 2: Why do we do that as black people? I don't know you started that. It's something to replace something? Why all of these things can't one co exists.
Speaker 24: But I'm responding to the tone, and the tone is we have legacy organizations, we have media companies that have been a flag part of our community.
Speaker 3: We have a show.
Speaker 24: We're on now where the podcast has been excellent, We had other shows that sunset. It is a part of the ecosystem of who we are as a community, and we should meet people where they are who replace the NAACP there.
Speaker 2: That's a good question. Are they ready? But that's what I mean when I say that, like why do we do that as a people?
Speaker 3: Like, oh, just replace that? Like no, everything can co exist.
Speaker 2: You and I we absolutely agree, but the tone set with something differently. Right, So if she is twenty six and she can appreciate one O six in park, they're someone who's in ACP.
Speaker 24: But if an ACP is not the right vehicle or voice for them, I support them choosing the right vehicle voice because in a social justice movement, it's not a competition. It's an opportunity for our voices to be heard. In entertainment community, it's not a competition. It's an opportunity for our voices, our culture to be to be experienced. And that's how we should be approaching all of this and so where BT right now is in an industry that's shrinking overall, what Scott is doing is trying to figure out, Okay, how do we continue to advance.
Speaker 2: Our culture and our voice.
Speaker 24: We're in ACP, We are in a political dynamic that has shifts. It is our job, being the large organizations in forty seven states, to continue to evolve with that. We're not going anywhere. I don't want the Breakfast Club to go anywhere. BT shouldn't go anywhere. We should all be leaning to our culture, our opportunity.
Speaker 2: And our voice.
Speaker 1: Well, I agree these institutions shouldn't go anywhere, but I do think they do have to evolve. Like I doubt, I doubt I'll always be here as a host. I doubt V'll always be here as a host. Right, people like law and the Jestice will take over and everything. But when it comes to the NAACP or any of these institutions whose job is to tell our own stories.
Speaker 24: Us, it's our job, right, and that's why we took over. We sought the partnership with BTV on Park Paramount. We have a joint venture with par of our TV we will have a soap properate air next month on the twenty second on CBS Day Time.
Speaker 2: We're working, We're about to launch our podcast.
Speaker 24: Is we have to evolve that our revenue streams have to evolve how we approach this. Organizations should not be driven by a personality. It should be driven by mission and strategy. So we all have to evolve.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you a question. The sports doesn't work well on BT.
Speaker 18: Sports works well on linear television. The challenges sports rights have gotten insanely expensive.
Speaker 4: Because I look at all these HBCU right a DJ, the Howard Hampton Gamers on CBS the other day, and I'm watching a lot of these college games on TV, and I always thought to myself, with all of HBCUs and how it's been a spurgs or HBCUs, everybody supporting HBCUs.
Speaker 2: It was just always weird to me.
Speaker 4: Why be ET didn't put their arm around and be like, I need all those games so people actually come there.
Speaker 18: It's a great question. And in fact, when be ET started, b ET used to air HBCU games. I'm told that there's footage of Bob Johnson running along the sidelines doing live commentary HBCU games. So I'm trying to look for it, but the reality is, because of the evolution of college football and because of the proliferation of access to sports across all these platforms, the demand, the viewership interest in HBCU sports right now isn't high enough to kind of support the investment. Having said that, the entry point that we think is really exciting that we're really focused on is you now have a bunch of brothers who went off and played in the NFL have said we want to remedy this dynamic where top black athletes feel like they have to go to other schools to be competitive. We want to remedy that dynamic. Right, so you saw, you know, you saw the recent announcements about the brothers, right, Okay, there you go, and so now right there you go, so and that. So now the opportunity is we take our footprint, our platform, our relationships, and then we bring them to these luminaries who are going back to these HBCUs and building those teams, and then we focus on the stories and the people and the journey, and we get a broader community to be excited about this, and we actually use it to build interest in HBCU FO well, and that we think is the way to actually elevate interest in HBCU football, which will then allow us to bring more games to the network.
Speaker 4: All Right, we have more with Chloe Bailey, the president of the nub A CP, Derek Johnson, and the president of the CEO or B e T, Scott Mills.
Speaker 2: When we come back, it's the Breakfast Club. Good morning.
Speaker 4: Everybody is j n B jes Hilarius, Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. Londa Rosa's in on this interview as well. Chloe Bailey is here, the president of the nua A CP, and the president and the CEO of B E T is joining us this morning.
Speaker 2: Lauren.
Speaker 32: Now, Chloe, I gotta ask you and bringing a date to the NAACP.
Speaker 21: Awards, my god mom and my manager.
Speaker 33: Okay, so we will see them with Burna boy, you'll have to ask him. You're here, he's not oh oh, Burna's not nominated.
Speaker 31: Now he's not nominated, but you look at the DC. He's not on air. Chloe's on air. But I'm speaking of support. And you know we were seeing you out with him in Nigeria. So is that a new thing?
Speaker 21: Or Nigeria was so beautiful.
Speaker 26: I heard.
Speaker 32: What about the night life. We saw you in the club with Burna.
Speaker 21: Yes, the night life. It was so many lights, so many.
Speaker 2: So many cameras.
Speaker 32: I know, so you know, like everything with you when you was gonna I mean, now is burna boy?
Speaker 2: We want to know?
Speaker 32: Is that your boo? Is this the thing? Y'all together? Do y'all go together?
Speaker 1: Real bad?
Speaker 32: Y'all just having fun? What is it?
Speaker 21: Well, I'm a grown woman, so you do. I had a great time in Nigeria. I really did.
Speaker 23: So.
Speaker 31: I guess I'm not gonna get an answer on if you cared about the When you left there was the video. People were like, oh my god, the Chloe time is over. Now he's out with this random other girl.
Speaker 21: I didn't see that Burna boy.
Speaker 32: Yeah he was out of a random.
Speaker 31: The internet all of it. But it's because we all were so heavily together. We were like, oh, shoot, we don't see her do this much.
Speaker 32: And then yeah, he's a grown man.
Speaker 21: It's like, I'm a grown woman.
Speaker 2: I could imagine dating at twenty something and being put on the air being so being super fanous because.
Speaker 31: Somebody video expecting the minute that they see her on that carpet, they're going to be looking like because anybody, anybody that she's with is always a thing.
Speaker 32: Anybody she's with, Like the Bible study.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know, you know, girl, you hadn't told me you was.
Speaker 31: In there studying the Bible, I would have been like, you know what, God is good? Okay all the time, my girl, you.
Speaker 2: Can study anytime.
Speaker 5: I've been calling you, well, I got.
Speaker 32: I have the questions that I would be wanting to know because you.
Speaker 1: Know, I gave you that look keep it up, and he's got.
Speaker 2: My mom got me before.
Speaker 5: I love her, so she don't let you know that.
Speaker 20: No, honestly, I don't mind. I mean, I hate to say this, but it's my life. I mean, it's what I sign up for, so I can only expect it. It's just about how I handle it. Yeah, I handle myself, so I don't think it should ever be pissiness towards the people ask me.
Speaker 31: And I think, as a woman watching you navigate it, I'm always interested in how you deal with that because, for instance, you hear about the na A c P Image Awards, but it's like, we want to know that, so we have to ask and being a person who's not learning how to be in the light of everything. I'm like, how to how do you deal because her very.
Speaker 2: I know you got a roster, you like.
Speaker 32: Dry and pack one thing I would guess a very dry.
Speaker 31: I am just I am a wife. All I do is stay home. I just want to cook. You got I mean, I'm domesticated.
Speaker 32: This radio has made me be quiet.
Speaker 21: Okay, so it's preparing you for that person.
Speaker 32: I appreciate it. Back to the spicy ticket.
Speaker 2: Now, how are these nominees chosen?
Speaker 4: How do you guys choose the nominees, and how do you guys go to who's winning?
Speaker 1: And how do y'all expand the categories every year? Because you know things change, right, you got social media personality.
Speaker 2: In that college podcast.
Speaker 3: Expand the category, So start with the last question.
Speaker 24: We recognize that that the industry has changing, so we try to keep up and we add categories digital content, categories fashion design. Uh, there's a panel of close to five hundred people half industry, have non industry that's been selected across the country, and those are the individuals that review the materials and they nominate. Oftentimes I don't even know what's being nominated until I finally get it, and then once nominated. Some of the categories are voted on by the public, and so it's by popular vote in some areas and then in the other areas is by those who are critics and in the space to ensure fairness in the outcome.
Speaker 2: So there is a mix that we try to batance those two things out. Gotcha.
Speaker 4: I also want to ask about comedy as well. You see Netflix as heavy into comedy. You see a lot of giving comedy deals to damn to every comedian as Beet ever wanted to jump back into that space because Beet was one of the huge originators, especially of black comedy.
Speaker 18: That's right with Comicview, did Deon Cole puts you up to this question because he's been beaten me up about this?
Speaker 2: No, he but now he has.
Speaker 18: So the reality is we're always looking for the way back into places right. And we did a quick partnership with Kevin Hart and Heartbeat where we did a test run of bringing back Comicview. And part of the thing is that really understanding how our community wants to consume content right, and also understanding some people will use certain content as a loss leader for other things, and I'm not saying who would be using as a loss leader, but there are other platforms that are using content as a loss leader for other things. So we're we working with Dion right now to do a really fun thing in stand up comedy. He'll be thrilled that you put me on the spot and ask the question. But we think comedy clearly works right. We see it working with the Miss Patch show. The series we have with Dion Average Joe is a thriller that has a comedic line through it. We really see that our audience loves comedy.
Speaker 3: Miss Pat.
Speaker 18: In addition to her Miss Patch show, we do Miss Pat Settles It, which is her doing a crazy court show, and so our audience is loving it. We think in twenty twenty five, given the way the world has changed, people need to laugh even more and so they'll be an even greater demand for comedy. So we're leaning into it.
Speaker 2: In a big way.
Speaker 1: Have there been conversations Derek about changing the name of the NAACP since some people think colored people is a slur?
Speaker 24: No, As we said, Ron and say we got all the colors were on and say what don't we Yeah, no, we have not. I mean we get caught up in semantics, we lose focused and as no need to go to the semantics.
Speaker 2: We are The organization has been around one hundred and sixteen years.
Speaker 24: That's significant when you talk about this concept of a surplus mindset that what we can do we can't stick together, we can work together, we can prosper together. Oftentimes we say what black folks won't do, what we can do, we haven't done. We got to get away from that and not get caught up in semantics. At the end of the day, are we being effective for what our mission? But if democracy work for all and ensuring opportunity for our community, that's our focus. The semantics go.
Speaker 2: Out the door. Yeah, I asked that, and I think it was.
Speaker 3: Was it last year? It was? It was one of the presidents.
Speaker 1: I forgot from which chapter then lap they were upset because somebody used the word colored people somewhere.
Speaker 2: I have no idea.
Speaker 24: I don't see if you wonder every time I run across from He asked the question because he's been saying, y'all need to change the name.
Speaker 2: He's been saying that since like nineteen eighty two.
Speaker 3: What does he see about the name that.
Speaker 2: I haven't what I'm just asking.
Speaker 24: Subtlety, right, Right, the immature Wars is the crown jewel of the show for America.
Speaker 9: Right.
Speaker 24: It gives us an opportunity for all of us to come together and appreciate culture would bring right, and we do that energy generationally across all of all of the platforms.
Speaker 3: That's right, and you can.
Speaker 1: The voting is now open to the public at na A P Image Awards dot it.
Speaker 2: That's right. We appreciate you guys for joining us this morning.
Speaker 1: Yes, and stop dragging Cloye around for no reason. She's busy, she got things he could be doing.
Speaker 32: She here.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, yes, okay, that's right.
Speaker 31: Yes, yes, if you are, If you were, now, says the host, I think it would make so much sense because you're out here outside.
Speaker 32: We don't know what you're planning.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't pressure on it. They might have another host you, she says, you want to host to or if I.
Speaker 21: Don't host, I cut sing a little song.
Speaker 2: Listen, we've been rolling. We announced the host.
Speaker 24: Everybody gonna saying, oh, that is a great choice, good decision. The host going to come on with Scott. They gonna talk about why that person is the host. You're gonna say, this is the best thing that could have had. Absolutely collaboration.
Speaker 2: I know that's right, Chloe bron the boy hosting a great collaboration, and you won't take credit for he brought that back up.
Speaker 4: I did, all right, Derreck Johnson, Scott Mills, We appreciate you for joining us. Check out the NAACP the fifty six NAACP Image Awards February twenty second at eight pm min.
Speaker 2: It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, Yes, morning everybody.
Speaker 4: It's DJ n V Jess Hilarious, Charlamagne the guy.
Speaker 2: We are the Breakfast Club. Good money.
Speaker 1: Thank you to naac President Derek Johnson and the president and CEO B T. Scott Mills, and my cousin Chloe Bailey for pulling up that's right. Make sure you watch the NAACP Awards on February twenty second. Is Leon Thomas nominated for any naacpmgewards.
Speaker 2: That's a good question. He should be. Yeah, that's a bad boy. Yeah, he's gonna be passing through one day this week too. We're gonna be Leon Thomas.
Speaker 4: No, we don't both kind of good kinda We play snooze every morning.
Speaker 2: He's a writer on Snow.
Speaker 1: Shut up Leon, he's by far the best mail R and B singer out today.
Speaker 2: Yeah he gets he absolutely positively.
Speaker 3: Not how are we not playing him on the radio.
Speaker 1: I don't know something from his album the new album.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I started to say, musty, I don't know why.
Speaker 1: I can't wait till summertime when people stinking, I go, that's all you want to do?
Speaker 27: Her?
Speaker 4: Yes, but ssh out to Leon Leon. Now you know he's started on Broadway. You know his history and all that, Right, childhood star and all that.
Speaker 1: No, not really, she coming by with I'll find out all right. Well, let's get to Jess with the mess you is real?
Speaker 5: Her lines just go rob the more, just don't do no lines, don't do.
Speaker 2: That talk talk the world why jes worldwide on the Breakfast Club, she's the coaches ship.
Speaker 27: She was able to get y'all to see something and understand something that nobody could.
Speaker 11: Get you to see this time to set it off.
Speaker 6: All right, So you got some more alleged beef with break all right. So Chris Griffith, he's a designer and he designed stuff for like sports boxers and all that type of stuff. He posted some dms between him and Drake, and he alleged that these dms are real. When he posted about it, everybody picked it up, all the blogs and everything.
Speaker 5: Academics said.
Speaker 6: He spoke to Drake and he said, Drake is saying that the dms aren't real.
Speaker 5: So and when he posted.
Speaker 6: These, he said that he never intended for this to go public or anything like that, but Drake apparently switched side, so he wanted to put it out there now. He had sent I'm gonna read the dms. He had sent Drake a picture of some gloves or whatever, right, and he said, damn gang, you want to follow me now? What he does is like he put the OVO stamp on the gloves or whatever. Right, And he basically was just like expressing the Drake like, yo, I was down for you, you know, from college days, playing views on repeat with the volume high and all that, from standing outside your shows and the cold with my baby brother whose OVO deal fell through the cracks after coming to Toronto, whatever whatever, And he basically said, he put the OVO patches on Javonte Davis gloves and all of that for free, on the shorts on the shorts, yeah, for free or whatever, and then Drake calming it back. I mean, he wrote back and said, you asking me to post a tape about you ratting on people. G I just really don't come from a city or a friend group or where that is acceptable. I lived by a code that become law, that's become law. We all just got to deal with our own ass and I don't really you know, I don't condone into this. I ain't got nothing to do with this basically, And so what he's talking about is with Chris responded with he said, a nigga tropped me on some gate ish while I was designing his collection. He's talking about Stephan Diggs, who he names in this. He said, I didn't go I didn't go for it, and that's not ratt and Champ. I survived the hit and I had money on my head, so I spoke up. So basically he's saying Stephan Diggs came on to him or whatever, but he didn't oblige in it, and so he had got attacked. He had got beat up. And twenty twenty three, the attack was caught on camera in an LA apartment building and Stephan he alleges that uh Stefan Diggs little brother actually was the one who started to fight. He you know, got beat up by Yo Stephan Diggs.
Speaker 2: Wow yep.
Speaker 6: So uh uh Drake, So he said. So, he says, that's like me telling you that you rad it for pulling This is Chris saying this to Drake. He said, that's like me telling you that you rad it for pulling Universal's card because they played with you in.
Speaker 5: Front of the entire world. Much like my situation.
Speaker 6: You survived with your head hell high and you spoke the f up. So Drake responds like, look y'all, I mean, I don't know details, fam, I'm just showing you outside of perception. I think there's better ways to go about it. My opinion, Me and Universal was like, and pay attention to this. Me and Universal is like if Nike was funding a campaign about Lebron cheating on his wife, not Adidas or Rebok.
Speaker 5: Nike.
Speaker 6: He the company he been with since he started My situation is not no street ish And that goes back to yesterday when we reported about this freestyle that he got. He said he was gonna drive receipts or whatever. So people were speculating it that that he was going straight for Lebron's family and these uh, these d ms would confirm that everything that he was trying to allegend his freestyle would be true.
Speaker 1: People's mouth though, mm did.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Cardy a host of people he actually put on his Instagram. He said, I'm stop going tit for tat. He said, be where by yourself. I don't give it a stop. Keep my name at your mouth pretty much?
Speaker 2: Oh okay you too.
Speaker 23: Mm.
Speaker 5: So Chris was like, yo, yeah, I get your point of view.
Speaker 6: I feel you to a degree crazy it might be or whatever, but he just wanted him to like help him out. He's like, Yo, how you think it feels to see myself getting beat up on this video or whatever by some people I know did it and I know the reason behind.
Speaker 5: It or whatever. Right, So.
Speaker 6: Drake, the last thing that Drake said was I'll think this one out and write my response somewhere else then other than ig I'm on a plane right now. And so Drake later posted a picture of him in the studio and the caption is three money bags and it said I thought this through.
Speaker 5: So yeah, he.
Speaker 6: Said he thought it through. But that's what he also said in the DM. So they trying to put that together with that, and it just looked like he just trying.
Speaker 5: Not to admit that the dms are real.
Speaker 6: I mean he could be. Who knows allegedly they are, but we don't know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Drake got to get to a point where he has to. He can't go back and forth with people. He's the bad guy. So everybody wants to take this time to post a DM, post a text message, post a phone conversation.
Speaker 2: He has to, but doesn't It doesn't.
Speaker 1: It all seem calculated though, Like you know, you put out this one message and it says something about Lebron that goes viral. Then you reach out to act act to say it's not real, and then you post a picture from the studio saying I thought this went through. After saying in a freestyle, you know, don't make me ruin your public image, everybody said out Bron, come on, guys, don't let that come on. Come on.
Speaker 4: Well, I pray to God he could be the petty king. I pray to God he doesn't go that that far.
Speaker 2: I don't want you praying to your life, can God.
Speaker 4: Now I'm just saying, because if you got a problem with somebody, take it to that person. Right, And I hate when people do this where if you got to punch me in my face, stab me, but when you start bringing my family involved, I don't want that punch me in my eye. No I'm not saying. I'm not saying, but I'd rather tell what you would do, right, No, I'm just saying, I would rather take a punch in the face. Did somebody mess with my family?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 26: Right?
Speaker 4: Because because Bron gotta go home and deal with that from Savannah, he gonna he's gonna be scoring two points of games one.
Speaker 3: My family. Why, I say, it's all calculated. I don't know why we're playing this game.
Speaker 1: He says this in the record, I want to ruin your public image, and he says the thing in the d M about I'm not even gonna repeat what was said. Then he turns around and says it was fake the academics. Then he turns around and says, I thought this went through. Stop letting these biracial Canadians play with y'all, man, cut it out.
Speaker 5: It's all drakish. So it is what it is. That's what the mess.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Jess Charlemagne, were giving that Downky two.
Speaker 1: Man for after the hour we need a human job helmet's man named name Aaron Elizabeth to come to the front of the congregation. We like to have a word with her speaking of getting punched in the face. This part she needs to get punched in the face. We'll discuss.
Speaker 2: We'll get to it next. It's the breakfast Club. Good morning. You're checking out the breakfast Club and I.
Speaker 13: Just wanted to know how you came up with them. Don't get the nag.
Speaker 3: There's a bunch of dunks.
Speaker 2: Give. We live a life where we rite our tongue based off who we may offended.
Speaker 5: We never was saying anything.
Speaker 2: Jog here today. That is why charm.
Speaker 17: I fella, God, Uncle doc.
Speaker 2: Oh Man, Charlamagne, you're giving Dunky the day to who now that damn Taylor dropping the clues bombs for Taylor.
Speaker 8: Bade it.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: If one thing.
Speaker 1: Taylor gonna do, she's gonna earn her money that she don't get. Okay, you work all for money that she don't get.
Speaker 3: Goddamnit.
Speaker 1: Sleuth to Taylor Donkey today for Wednesday, January eighth, goes to a twenty six year old human jar of Hellman's mayonnaise named Aaron Elizabeth. Aaron is a registered nurse who shouldn't be a registered nurse anymore. And she was arrested because she's never gotten her ass beat in life. What do you mean, Uncle Charlotte, She's never gotten her ass beaten life? I mean exactly what I said. See, I was born in nineteen hundred and seventy eight. Okay, and when you forty six years old like I am, then you can tell when a person has never been punched in the face. Okay, not just punched in the face, never had to go pick their own switch.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 1: My dad beat me with an extension called one time and made me go take a bath. Why because I was taking a lighter to the carpet and our single wife trailer in Monst Corner, South Carolina. You can read about it in detail in my first book, New York Times bestseller, Black Privilegey.
Speaker 3: Opportunity comes to those who created.
Speaker 1: But what we are talking about here is consequences to one's actions. Okay, Aaron is doing BS because she's never been checked for her BS. Matter of fact, I can't even call it this just bs.
Speaker 2: This is pure evil.
Speaker 1: This woman, Aaron Elizabeth, not only needs her ass beat, she needs an exorcism. What do you mean ocause, Charlotte, she needs an exoricism. Can you tell us why she's getting donkey to day already? Yes, we just know if you're a parent, it's going.
Speaker 3: To trigger you. Let's go, Let's go to the report.
Speaker 14: Police Heteraiko Gowney's top prosecutor, letting reporters know her office will continue to work very aggressively into the investigation into Henriiko Doctor's Hospital's neonatal intensive care unit. In less than two weeks, one woman has been charged and arrested, twenty six year old erin Elizabeth Ann Strapman of Chesterfield County, who was denied bond by a judge Friday afternoon.
Speaker 34: While there has been an arrest for one person for allegedly inflicting injury on a single victim, I would emphasize this is an ongoing investigation spanning potential offenses committed in both twenty twenty three and twenty twenty four.
Speaker 14: The ongoing investigation center around seven babies in total. The hospital alerting the community online that four babies had quote unexplainable fractures in twenty twenty four is similar to an incident in twenty twenty three. The stratman now facing charges for one child out of the seven.
Speaker 3: That news report came from ABC News.
Speaker 1: By the way, this chick was arrested after the hospital had to close the NICU due the mystery attacks on newborns.
Speaker 2: She was breaking the bones of newborn babies.
Speaker 1: Look man, and my second book, Shook on Anxiety, playing tricks on me. I speak to the anxiety you feel as a parent every minute of the day. I call it parental paranoia. When our kids are out in the world, at school, or you know, whenever they are in the care of another adult, we want that adult to treat our kids like their own. That's why I respect all jobs where people have to watch over other folks kids, because it takes a special kind of person to show someone.
Speaker 2: Else's child love, care and affection.
Speaker 1: This evil, sadistic, wicked, ungodly, unholy woman who looks like a Twitter egg with a salmonella outbreak is not one of those people, Okay, folks who take advantage of the elderly and children, especially newborns.
Speaker 2: There has to be something worse than hell for folks like you.
Speaker 1: I don't know what that place is because I'm not God, but I do know we can create hell on Earth for people like that, and it starts with her getting punched in the face. Okay, that should be part of her punishment. She's been charged with malicious wounding and child abuse. I think those charges should be upgraded to attempted murder because when you're breaking the bones of babies, newborns, you could potentially kill an infant. But I think she should have to also square up with these kids parents, the daddy and mama f all that ain't no grace, ain't no mercy, Daddy ho lio while Mama gets off on her ass. Okay, I'm not trying to understand why Aaron Elizabeth didn't.
Speaker 3: She did.
Speaker 2: She got mental health issues, so what so do I?
Speaker 1: Okay, but this is so diabolical, so deliberate, done with such intention, and I don't want to hear anything about Aaron Elizabeth's mental health issues. I don't want to see her pleading insanity, playing crazy. This woman knows exactly what she was doing, and even if she is crazy, what she clearly is. Even if she is mentally ill, guess what. Batman still beat the hell out of every villain in Gotham before he got sent to o arkham Masala. So please give this woman Aaron Elizabeth in an ass kicking and let Chelsea Handler give her the biggest he.
Speaker 2: Huh hee haw hee haw.
Speaker 21: That is way too much, Dan Man is.
Speaker 1: Sometimes you got to get medieval on people, bro Medieval, that's what I said.
Speaker 2: Okay, I know what you heard. You heard Medea because you're a nigga.
Speaker 1: But I said, okay, all right, and sometimes that's what you just gotta do.
Speaker 2: You gotta get medieval on people.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's it, all right, Well, thank you for that donkey today. Now let's open up the phone lines. Eight hundred five eight five, one oh five one. Now this is coming from the movie Moufossa. Have you guys seen a movie yet?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: Not shut. I would have the country.
Speaker 1: I want to see Move Foster and I want to see Clarissa Shields of the Fire inside movie.
Speaker 4: Jess, you didn't see Mofossa yet? No, okay, so let me let me, let me. Let's let's open up the phone line. So in the movie Move Fossa, if you haven't seen it, the reason that Scar and Moufossa have beef is explained, and of course it's over a check now what I'm just gonna tell just a little bit. Eight hundred just told the goddamn No, I did not tell a whole pot of movie. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five On the question is if your friend is interested in someone and talks to you about how to kick it to this person, but that person is interested in you instead, what do you do?
Speaker 2: Eight hundred five eight five one oh five. One. Now, just this has happened to you before.
Speaker 4: Your friend was interested in the dude, but the dude didn't like her like you instead.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well we both liked them, but she just jumped out there and wanted to talk to him. And then he jumped out there and told her, now, because he's been looking at me, and so I started talking to him.
Speaker 5: That's it.
Speaker 3: Why would move faster? This?
Speaker 5: I always saying this. So they changed up the whole premise of the movie. It's about a bit.
Speaker 2: It's not.
Speaker 4: I don't know why he said it's this is about the whole prop I didn't say that, but that's exactly what that does happen in the movie. But it's it's I don't want to give the whole details.
Speaker 2: But I ain't even I can't understand.
Speaker 1: I don't want to explain the whole thing like I explained red retard right now, come on, explain.
Speaker 4: You can't say that word, yes I can. No, you can't bring it back. You cannot say that word. You can unless you identify as what I am. Okay, it was big sense that then you can say it all you want.
Speaker 2: Yes, say it again.
Speaker 1: No, I'm talking to you a little red retard. But listen, explain. You just explained the whole concept to the movie.
Speaker 4: So eight hundred five eight five one oh five to one right that the question is if you are interested in someone, but the person you're interested in is interested in your friend instead, what do you do?
Speaker 3: Tell me about moving faster this car again?
Speaker 1: Because don't understand why this would be the premise of the movie, like what they were beefing over a woman?
Speaker 6: Woman?
Speaker 2: To break it down?
Speaker 4: Now, you want to explain it right fast? Okay, So I'm explaining right fast everything. So his name wasn't Scar at first. He had another name, right, and he was interested in this young tiger.
Speaker 2: Mufossa was a young lion this.
Speaker 3: Guy and then turned the lion came to the tiger.
Speaker 4: So Mufassa Mufossa was his ride or die and basically he told Mufassa, I like this chick, but I'm not really I don't know how to talk to chicks.
Speaker 2: Can you help me out?
Speaker 4: And Moposa was telling him things to say to make the chick like him, but he was saying it, but the chicks still didn't like him, and the chick wound up liking Mufasaka.
Speaker 2: So Mufasa.
Speaker 4: So Scar was like, yo, bro, like I told you I liked her first, and he was like, well, that's not my thing. And Scar turned on Mufassa, and then you can you can imagine the rest we know.
Speaker 1: Lions have no concept of incests or any sexual standards. Sometimes the male actually comes back to the pride they're born in and then challenges the male and claims the female as a mate. And sometimes that female could be their mother or sister. So what's the problem. They could have been sleeping with the whole family and nobody would have been tripping.
Speaker 6: This is so crazy, I mean, ain't gay. Maybe trying to put that in anything, so all right, I take it. I didn't know it was such a bad story about that's so crazy.
Speaker 2: He'll like Jeff, we don't know if they get call.
Speaker 1: Might have got his car because he was fighting, fighting for his bunkie and lion jail called a buck fifty across the face fighting for his bookie and lying prison.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness. Eight hundred five A five one oh five one.
Speaker 4: If your friend is interested in someone but the person is interested in you instead, what do you do? Has it happened to you? Let's discuss. I'll find the person is Jesus Christ. It's the Breakfast Local Morning True, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 11: It's topic time.
Speaker 35: Call eight hundred five A five one five one to join in to the discussion with the Breakfast.
Speaker 2: Club Morning Everybody.
Speaker 4: It's the j Envy Jess hilarious, Charlamagne to God, we are the Breakfast Club. If he's just joining us eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. This conversation is inspired by Mufossa, the movie that's out right now Now. In the movie Move Fossa, when you watch it, you realize Move Fassa and Scar really started beefing over a young lion.
Speaker 2: Right. Scar liked the lion.
Speaker 4: He went to Move Fossa for advice to how to talk to the lion. And Mofossa told him. But the young lion didn't like Scar like Moufossa, and that's where the beef started. So the question is eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. If your friend is interested in someone, really likes somebody, but the person is interested in you, what do you do? So Jess said, this situation has happened before. Your friend likes somebody, but dude liked you.
Speaker 5: That's the thing.
Speaker 6: We both liked him, but she well, I just thought he was cute, like she like liked him, you know what I mean. So she jumped out there and want to say something to him.
Speaker 21: You know.
Speaker 5: He was just like damn, you know, I like her. And I was like, oh, okay.
Speaker 6: She came back and she told me I didn't think it was a problem because she ain't say it was a problem the way she presented it, like oh.
Speaker 5: Girl, like he he like you like you know. So I was like, that's what's up. I'm gonna talk something.
Speaker 2: Was it ever a problem or no?
Speaker 5: She she just stopped talking to me, so of.
Speaker 2: Course it was a problem. She hunted.
Speaker 4: Now, charlam Man, you've been married for a long time, but before that, if your friend likes somebody and the person like you.
Speaker 3: What would you do that has never been ever ever?
Speaker 2: A thing? I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Let me put myself back into the space when I was out here wild and being a complete mutt like Leon Thomas said, hold on, give a minute, Okay, listen to this dog. I think it depends on how good the woman looks. Okay, if she's.
Speaker 5: Supposed to depend on how good you look to who picked somebody else?
Speaker 2: Who picked you?
Speaker 3: I'm not handsome? Come on, I'm handsome now, yes you are.
Speaker 1: I'm handsome and I'm charming, all right, Okay, But I think it depends on how good the woman looks. If she's fine and my guy wants to get with her, but she wants to get with me, then why should I miss my blessing? And if my friend is really my friend, then he should want me to receive my blessing because what God has for me is for me.
Speaker 2: Okay, So if he gonna hate.
Speaker 1: On you because this woman wants to get with you and not him, I shouldn't be friends with this person to begin with.
Speaker 3: And you know another thing that I can't stand guys do.
Speaker 2: But I hate when guys, be like, I'm gonna hit that. How you know? Why are you making the decision for the woman?
Speaker 11: How do you know?
Speaker 1: How do you know that woman is gonna give you any play whatsoever? Just because you called? And that sound crazy to say, just because you called DIVS on a woman don't mean she want to be with you.
Speaker 4: In my line, yes that that is the truth. But most people don't look at it like that. They say, if they call DIVS, that's there first. Like even I'm talking to ovio Eli, right, ovio Eli. I asked him if that's happened to him, and he said, yeah, it happens all the time. But he said, really, whoever calls first and goes for it first, they let him live.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but what about if you strike out? If you strike out, next man up the back. And by the way, we are on the same team, right, so if I hit, it's a win for us. All I tell you about it, I'll tell.
Speaker 5: You my fingers.
Speaker 2: I ain't gonna do all that, all right.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I've never been to smell your finger time, but I'll tell you about it.
Speaker 4: Well, let's go through the phone lines. We got Shelley on the line. Shelley good morning, Good morning, Hey Shelley.
Speaker 2: Where you calling them from?
Speaker 13: I'm calling from.
Speaker 3: A seven o folk.
Speaker 2: Now this says uh, it says it happened to you twice before twice.
Speaker 26: And I'm still like that because I thought I would do the right thing as a brand, but then I realized I just sick it, like I feel bad my friend, like they don't like me, they like me, I'm not really interested in the person. So it really didn't didn't bother me, but yeah, definitely it's hard.
Speaker 1: Oh so you've been you've been want you. Oh so you've been moved faster in this situation. You've been the woman that you know somebody else. So your friend wanted somebody, but that person wanted you. Yeah, and you and you did it twice to your friend Dan person.
Speaker 22: You know, these guys don't here that they they don't really care.
Speaker 26: They're not too picking and choose, and so.
Speaker 22: I feel like, you know, I kind of down though.
Speaker 26: The truly goes to my friend.
Speaker 3: So did you sleep? Did you sleep with both of the guys?
Speaker 26: One of them?
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, yeah, but I gotta hurt your friend because your friend gotta feel like maybe she doesn't look as attractive or she doesn't look as is she pretty?
Speaker 26: That's why I don't love them, because no, and it's not. You know, everybody has a press friend.
Speaker 5: So would you trying not les say your friend? You're trying not to say your friend.
Speaker 22: No, I'm not.
Speaker 26: Friend you so like you know some guys like that, you know, w some dude like white girls, some man like you. No chocolate dark fa females. So has a presence.
Speaker 3: How much did she win?
Speaker 1: Jesus want you now, I'm somewhere play.
Speaker 22: One friend is small, so that doesn't really count.
Speaker 2: But the other friend, the other friend, the other friend was at risk of a heart attack. Jesus Christ.
Speaker 22: No, I'm not saying that.
Speaker 2: Goodbye, Shelly. You want say no, my friend ain't fact, but you can't say that.
Speaker 8: I'm not saying.
Speaker 2: I can't say that. I can't lie on this radio.
Speaker 29: Ron.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Ron, Good morning, Good morning. Now Ron, you broke broke cold man.
Speaker 4: Yeah, your man tried to highlight at a woman and and you started talking to him.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 13: It was in college, so he would tell her, oh, I'll talk to him for you. Let's go on to eat. I don't make him pull up. But he never told me, so he he was doing blinded letting me know. So wonder she ran into me at tools. She said, you'll hounk him every time. You wouldn't fight me out. You're not showing up, but Jay showing up. I was like, what are you talking about? Because she tore me the whole place.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 13: We end up getting married celebrit twenty last movie.
Speaker 2: Wow, but you don't you don't speak to him anymore though.
Speaker 13: Huh yeah, we don't speak to him any more.
Speaker 3: Dang. Yeah.
Speaker 1: But this goes back to what I said about why should you allow me to miss my blessing?
Speaker 3: Like what God has for me is for me?
Speaker 1: Like if that's why I understand when gods be like, oh, I'm gonna call DIBs on her. And I don't get me wrong. You know, the first time I saw my wife, I knew that was gonna be my wife, right, but clearly that was meant to happen.
Speaker 3: But that's not.
Speaker 2: Always the case. Just because you say you want to get with a girl, don't me and that girl I want to get with you?
Speaker 4: Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. This is inspired by the movie Move Fossa. Right, if your friend is interested in someone, but the person they interested it in like you instead.
Speaker 2: What do you do? Let's discuss this's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 35: Good morning called eight hundred five eight five one five one to join into the discussion with the Breakfast Club Morning everybody.
Speaker 2: It's DJ Envy, Jess Hilarious, Charlamagne the God. We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: Now if you're just joining us with opening up the phone lines eight hundred five eight five one oh five to one. This is inspired by the movie move Foss. If you haven't seen it, you got to see it. I took the kids to see it the other day and it tells the story of Mufossa and Scar and how they don't f with each other. Right now, if your friend is interested in someone, so Scar was interested in someone, but the person that Scar was interested in didn't like Scar liked Mufossa instead, and that started to beef. So we're asking eight hundred and five eighty five one on five one in real life, what do you do?
Speaker 2: Hello? Good morning?
Speaker 13: My Nick?
Speaker 2: Hey Nick was some brother Nick. So I'm asking the question again.
Speaker 4: So, if your man was interested in somebody but the person was interested in you, what are you doing?
Speaker 22: I'm gonna tell my man's like, yo, a girl, Philip, you know it's really gonna be mad, Like, I'm gonna ask him, like if it's really gonna affect our friends of like if he really in love with this girl, I'm gonna probably fall back. But at the end of the day, I grew up in the Bay Area. I grew up up in the two choices, So I'm be like, she chosen man, like, get over. I'm gonna make sure she got a friend of some form or you know, and then I'm gonna I'm gonna see how much I like her. If I really like her, after you know, we do what we I'm gonna.
Speaker 26: Keep it an.
Speaker 22: If it's just whatever, I probably just mask some paths, you know what I'm saying. But as for the movie, because I saw the movie with my kids, and I feel like in that movie Mood of Light with damn. I don't want to give away the movie, but like, if someone say, my life, my brother and I wouldn't even be here if it wasn't for you. There's a million lines I couldn't you know, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but no, but no, the reason I disagree with that is because of what you said. My brother, you just quoted the grade too short. And the woman is the person who gets to choose. I don't know why y'all men think y'all got the option here when you say to yourself, hey, I want to highlight that girl.
Speaker 2: It's that woman's decision on whether or not she's gonna give you something. Brother, But move Foster should have told him, look, bro.
Speaker 22: But you know what's some funny just saying the movie I'm choosing you, move FOXA tell her, Hey, my brother like you. She said I'm choosing.
Speaker 2: She definitely said I'm choosing you.
Speaker 3: So Scar is a sucker.
Speaker 2: Faster should have told Scart.
Speaker 22: A coward like though was a coward. He was wanting but he that was still.
Speaker 1: His bucking on Ball was telling me that Scar killed. Scar killed, Move Foster over over a woman.
Speaker 2: Basically, yeah, but look at this.
Speaker 22: Look at mein o' brown, you three.
Speaker 3: There, you go.
Speaker 22: Look at these real R and B groups back back in the day. People, it's always been because of the women. Almost every group everything start off of a woman, excuse it.
Speaker 16: And the woman was a clown.
Speaker 5: That was her fault though, that was that was shorty fault. In in New Jackson, that that was her. She was a who I mean whatever, but.
Speaker 22: He was in love.
Speaker 13: It was the visit that.
Speaker 22: Because Move and sal would have never had a beef if God wasn't so visitive. It was so much other things that happened in that movie that bars be like dang fall like, but it was all over Uh Mama.
Speaker 6: So what I'm getting is this is a movie for adults. I shouldn't even take my son to see this.
Speaker 5: I should just go.
Speaker 4: Is good, though I ain't gonna front like it's a state.
Speaker 2: They be singing a lot though.
Speaker 4: The songs be kind of funny though, like bye Bye You're Gonna die, Bye Bye.
Speaker 3: Birst of all as grown as hell.
Speaker 5: Okay, Okay, yeah, we're gonna have to see this. This don't sound like no kids, This don't sound like the same line King I grew up on.
Speaker 2: It's different. I enjoyed it, though I ain't even gonna front.
Speaker 1: Well, what's the mall of the story If there is a moral, I mean, the moral of the story is man, women make the choice. So I'm glad that they even said that in the movie, because I don't know where the delusion comes from with guys, where guys can just look at a.
Speaker 3: Girl and say I'm gonna hit that. I'm gonna get that, I'm gonna f that.
Speaker 1: No, it's up to the woman whether or not she wants to f you or if she's going to allow you to hit that. So when your woman chooses, let the woman choose. I'm not about to fall out with my guy because you know, she think my man look better than me, or she want to get with my man for whatever reason that that's called.
Speaker 3: That's extremely lame to me.
Speaker 4: All Right, Well, I'm sorry if you haven't gone to see the movie, if I spoiled it for you, I apologize.
Speaker 2: Go see it.
Speaker 3: I mean it's made a lot of money already what I saw. Yeah, so it is.
Speaker 2: But we got just with the mess coming up.
Speaker 6: What we're talking about all right, Now, we're gonna get into Dwight and Shack and all that comes with that.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll get to that next. It's the breakfast Club. Good morning.
Speaker 3: I just got a new toy in the mail.
Speaker 2: Okay, what's wrong with you?
Speaker 8: Man?
Speaker 2: I got a new toy in the mail, and this toy is amazing.
Speaker 3: Okay it is. I can't say it on the radio, can I?
Speaker 2: All Right?
Speaker 4: You can said penis light, it's a Dick Tracy laser. Okay, he can say that. He can say that, Yes, say.
Speaker 1: That it's a D laser. Let me ce for to say one laser plus five d's. You remember the light that they shine? Remember you told that story just about Jamie Fox. You'll take that, take it up my face?
Speaker 2: What's wrong with you?
Speaker 3: And the penis laves on him?
Speaker 11: I got one.
Speaker 4: He's been walking around all morning long with his penis lazier shining on people's faces.
Speaker 3: Not people, just men.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's harassment to do with anybody else. Okay, let's get to just with the best.
Speaker 13: Robber Moore.
Speaker 5: Just don't do no lines, don't.
Speaker 22: Talk the.
Speaker 9: Talk.
Speaker 2: Well, why jes on the Breakfast Club, she's the coaches ship.
Speaker 27: She was able to get y'all to see something and understand something that.
Speaker 11: Nobody could get you to see the time to set it off, all right?
Speaker 6: So Dwight Howard recently appeared on Ray Daniel's show and they got on the topic about his long time be for shacked.
Speaker 36: As we said, never disrespected him, but he's always had something to say, and you know there's time. So I goten upset and I'm like, Yo, Shack, just gotta stop.
Speaker 2: Man. Oh so you actually talked about it.
Speaker 36: Literally during Dancing with the Stars, somebody said that they're really close with Shack, and I said, hey, man, do you mind sending Shack a message, you know, to try to figure out, like, Yo, what's up? Can we have a sit down conversation because every conversation or every time I hear see something about you is you disrespect me on some type of level.
Speaker 2: And at this point, I'm like, do we need to throw hands?
Speaker 3: Like what are we doing?
Speaker 36: Because I have not ever like for me the only thing I would do with Shack is mimic his voice.
Speaker 26: Do like that.
Speaker 6: Okay, So that wasn't audio I was looking for. But that was good that we played that because we needed that too. But Shaq responded once he saw the response, once he saw what Howard said on Redanel Show, and he said, the fact that you think I care about you is funny. But I won't ever bring up your name ever again. Sensitive big man, you're jokes that can't take a joke. Won't ever say your name ever again. Have a great day and now you have been deleted, Have a great day again. I don't know how many times he was gonna tell him have a great day, but he really wanted them to have a great day. He also put hella hashtags hashtag another caid hashtag, trust me hashtag, don't need validation you do hashtag stay off podcast, Yo, Shack is so petty hashtag the fact that you think I care, it's funny. Hashtag you gotta show expect to get respect. Now you're dead to me. It's pretty big for that. But Dwight said, I know you care because your big insecure has been hating talking ish for twenty years. You're too big to be insecure or whatever whatever he told. He said, you've always been jealous of me. You've been jealous of Kobe Penny and they weed you. Also jealous of Charles too. So Shack said, still don't care.
Speaker 5: A nice move. I see what you're doing. Your legacy is your new podcast. That's how you will be remembered.
Speaker 2: And you need views.
Speaker 5: Damn I taught you well, great job, hall of Fame podcaster. But still don't care. You need to sit down. You need my validation. I don't need yours, basically repeating what he.
Speaker 6: Was saying, and he said he also said that he was too big to squabble or whatever, so he declined because he's too old. Dwhite responded and said, by the way, I don't want people to get entertained by two black men going back and forth. Come onto the podcast and let's hash this out now to beef between them.
Speaker 5: That it's David Beefings and Shack was still in.
Speaker 6: The NBA, And it started because Dwight Howard had started calling his self.
Speaker 5: Superman, but Shaq used that name first for himself.
Speaker 6: So ever since Dwhite took the name, you know, Shaq been on his body real heavy, calling him out.
Speaker 1: About Everythingark Kentfield's guys, I mean the original.
Speaker 3: Superman, you know.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Well, they met at each other about it, and Dwight he like he said, like you heard in the audio before, he actually tried the squash to be when he was on Dancing with the Stars somebody. He tried to get somebody to know Shaq like the squash it, but it never happened like that, so were just waiting to see.
Speaker 1: It's interesting that Dwhite called Shack insecure because Shack has never scrugged me as the insecure type, and he's never scrugged me as the hate and type. In fact, if he listened to Shack over the years, he's always talked about how it's his job to help, you know, other people be better. Whether he wanted to go help Oh We be the best, he wanted to help Penny Hardy Way be the best. He wanted Dwayne Wade to be the best. He wanted to go to Cleveland and help Lebron win the championship. Like he's always seemed very selfless to me. I don't know him personally, never met him, but that's it seems.
Speaker 2: But he will always criticize, held always do his job.
Speaker 4: Like if he's watching a game and he feels like a players giving is all from a basketball standpoint, he will criticize the player. He feels like this play is not doing this, he feels like this play is soft, he feels like this play is week so shaking.
Speaker 2: A hold his tongue when it comes to the sports, though, But.
Speaker 3: I thought they said they were gonna fight too. What didn't he say it's gonna throw hands him?
Speaker 2: No, Dwight said he wanted to throw hands. He said, let's throw hands.
Speaker 6: Shack was like, I'm too old for that. I'm fifty, Like you know you're trying to squabb left fifty. You mean the best thing you should do is just stay on your podcast.
Speaker 1: That would be an interesting matchup though, because we've never seen Dwight in action that I can remember, but Shaq Fu is always down for a scrap. Like Shaq has always been willing to fight. But I've also seen Shaq throw a lot of punches and mys. He threw at Brad Miller missed, he threw at Charles Barkley and missed, and the times I've seen him connect, he hasn't dropped the person, but he does get active.
Speaker 2: Is fifty two years old, like Shack a't fighting, Yeah, and Dwight.
Speaker 5: Shape said Shack can hary run somewhere, So it's.
Speaker 1: Not but Shock probably got that old man script. Now Dwight have to fight dirty. Dwight have a hip below the belt.
Speaker 5: I wanted to get to this.
Speaker 6: Leangelo Ball has a hit and everybody is surprised about this. He dropped the song last Friday. It's called Tweaker, and a lot of celebrities is is actually surprised that they like it with a song that we.
Speaker 20: Got it.
Speaker 3: And I heard that you wanted to show whoa who.
Speaker 23: I'm kind of show me some more could give us, give a story if you want to tweet it up with me, and I'm gonna show you how they like the money, don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I see everybody saying it sound like that. Yeah, it's if you come from a certain era. It sounds like some early two thousands of cash money, cash money.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 5: I would definitely say yeah, juvenile up, Louisiana.
Speaker 6: I could see Boosy on it, and actually Boosy actually wanted to be on it, and so did money Bag Yoda inquired about hopping on the remix.
Speaker 5: Meek was on tweet Twitter trying to find it and everything.
Speaker 6: And now rolland Loud has announced that Leangelo will be performing during his first Roll Aloud.
Speaker 5: In l A in March.
Speaker 4: So he's just gonna do one song, I mean, yeah, absolutely, he ain't hitlining and nothing.
Speaker 5: I mean, but this this song is actually.
Speaker 1: Absolute Rolling Loud is doing exactly what they're supposed to be doing. And if I was a radio station, if I was a program director, I'd be telling my DJs to play that in the mix show and I probably would even have that song, you know, programmed after six pm. Bike here and there, just because of the way that social media is talking about. But why do things that make sense nowadays?
Speaker 5: M right right about that.
Speaker 6: Oh and a person on Twitter sate leanngel Ball bringing back the bling blink era of hip hop by himself and he will be remembered. That's crazy that he will be remembered for that was Wasn't he some good in in the uh in the league.
Speaker 2: Like he played?
Speaker 4: I don't think he ever made his league, right, He just played in the G League and played overseas for a little bit.
Speaker 5: Got some hot fires. So that's that's what's up, all right.
Speaker 4: That is just with the best. Thank you Jess People's choice mixes up. Next, get your requesting. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, Good morning everybody in the j n V. Just Hilirishawan the god we are the Breakfast Club. Salute to the NAACP President, Derek Johnson, the president of b E T.
Speaker 2: Scott Mills, and Chloe Bailey for joining us this morning. Yes, salut all.
Speaker 3: Three of them.
Speaker 1: Chloe should be hosting the NAACP Image Awards. I don't see any other reason for her to be running around with them. But like you said, if she can't host, you wants to perform. To me, that's a no brainer.
Speaker 3: But what do I know?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 4: And I don't forget. The awards air February twenty second. The nominations will announce it yesterday and you can actually go to their website if you want to cast your vote for your favorite artists.
Speaker 1: All right, and salute to Dwight Howard and Shaquille O'Neil again. Man, it makes me just really wish that Celebrity Deaf Match was coming back. We were supposed to bring Celebrity Death Match Match back. It was supposed to be produced by myself and ice Cube and MTV Green Litter and they announced it, but they never put it out.
Speaker 2: But stuff like that is what would make for great Celebrity Deaf Match.
Speaker 1: Shaq and Dwight Howard on their fighting, you know, Dwight fighting hitting below the belt, well going for Shaq sack okay. Sad part is when he does that folk the White not fighting here and there having a good time.
Speaker 6: That d White is engaged to a woman, So don't be don't be trying to do that, trying to say all that.
Speaker 5: He's newly engaged to a woman. He ain't on that no more he was what if he was delivered.
Speaker 2: Like he don't do all that now, you know, Jesus Christ.
Speaker 4: All right, all right, when we come back. We got the positive notice the Breakfast Club the morning warning everybody, it's DJ Envy, just hilarious, Charlamage the God.
Speaker 2: We are the Breakfast Club. It's time to get up out of here. Charlamage. You got a positive note.
Speaker 6: Go before he do that, before he do that, I will be in Cobbo Zone, California. Just Larius will be there with your guy Doesney Alexander at Morongo Casino on Resort. The show starts at eight pm. Get your tickets at ticket master dot com or just Larius Official dot com.
Speaker 5: We'll be that.
Speaker 6: That's my first time in Cabbo Zone. But they said, ain't nothing there but like a bunch of Native Americans. So calling all the Native Campazonians I see Saturday.
Speaker 1: All the indigenous people, all the foundational black foundational Americans, you know, and I mean you look at a lot of indigenous people, they look like black people. So yes, yeah, I reat your tickets. Not just hilariusoficial dot com. Now a positive notice. Simply this man, you know, We always talk about hard work, and you gotta have hard work, you know, to get to where you want to be, but we never talk about perseverance. Perseverance is a word that we got to start coupling with hard work, because perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the hard work you already did. A lot of people do the hard work and then they get tired of working hard and they quit. But the ones that actually usually make it are the ones that have perseverance. So perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the hard work you already did.
Speaker 2: Have a blessed day, breakfast club. You don't finish the y'allum,