Speaker 1: If McDonald's doesn't oxtail, are you going to try? If McDonald's doesn't oxtail, it's going to tear my family apart. He's going to rule us. Maybe I'm sick. What do you want from me? Taste you damn good.
Speaker 2: Sounds is different than the way that makes in other places.
Speaker 1: It doesn't.
Speaker 2: Chips in your.
Speaker 1: Kuala, bears am, racists, layers, money.
Speaker 3: Turning stuff.
Speaker 1: I can't tell me.
Speaker 2: Zagazell's zigg gizell za gazelle.
Speaker 1: Bad man. Now there it is.
Speaker 2: There, it is, Ladies and gentlemen, ladies and gentiles of life. Welcome to another phenomenal episode of My Mama Told Me, the podcast where we dive deep into the pockets of black conspiracy theories and come.
Speaker 1: On, you know what, we're proven not a goddamn thing, nothing When you're not here to learn, what could we prove?
Speaker 2: We didn't read about it before we started talking.
Speaker 1: And also, I think we're here to zig when they zag.
Speaker 2: Every podcast is trying to teach you something, trying to give you some type of political insight, some answers.
Speaker 1: Hey, you know who's not going to tell you how to be at Alpha or Langston and Davie made a book. Come on, come on, you don't want to look your stepdad in the I come over.
Speaker 2: Here, hey if you want to talk shit about him? Once the out the room. Now you're talking to the boys. Is your favorite part of the cookout? King with the ladies? Was your best friend at church, the Redmond. She had the best hats. There was no disagreement.
Speaker 1: Do you relate more to living single than fresh Prince of Bela? Are you a Sinclair or a Ragime? You're not Max. You're not Max. That is a confident person. You're not Max. You're not Kyle. Nope? Do we can we talk about this before we get I know you have a statement. I just want to say, oh yes, yes, please before you okay, you remember living single? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: You remember? Kyle? Of course? Do we what happened to that genre of dark skinned dude who spoke almost vaguely British? Where did those guys go? See? And I don't I don't mean to step on what you're about to get me. You're about to say something so nasty. Look at your face. I worry that what you were considering British was just homosexual. No, no, no mistake with a lot of foreigners. I'm not here to say I'm better than anyone. I've done it, you know what I mean. That's not what that's not That's not no gay.
Speaker 2: No, he was very gay. It was he was a he.
Speaker 1: Was fucking maxine like crazy, Yes, of course, but he moved like a snake. That's that's wrong. No.
Speaker 2: I think we I think we wanted that to be a type of like swaggy cool ship.
Speaker 1: And it was cool because gay is cool. I'm not saying it maybe you were born this way. I'm not saying it's not cool. It's fucking awesome. It's really cool. Hell yeah.
Speaker 2: And I'm in fact, I'm a big fan. I'm a big fan of what you got going on. I personally wish there were more of you that said that said that. He was very much in the community that I'm speaking of.
Speaker 1: That's I can't go with you on that. No, No, that's and I remember there was a genre, but you understand what the guy I'm talking about, and I agree with the genre. There was a genre they had like big wooden canes, ornate canes. Sometimes. Yeah, they were like like the guy from Voice to Men, the dark skinned guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they were they were British, but also you could tell by way of Africa and.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like some kind of an Idris Elba prototype.
Speaker 2: It was like a very tailored suit with a Kent take cloth accent in.
Speaker 1: Your yeah yeah, short short line, short short dress.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, no, I I agree with the man. Okay, okay, I remember the man. I wish they were your the.
Speaker 1: Main before you had this disrespectful detour or what I was saying was what happened to that man is all because you don't see that anymore. You don't see that guy. I tried to bring it back. I bought this at the African American Arts Festival. That was beautiful. Brim too big, Oh no, brim too big. Oh you can't see it sucks like I bought it and it was too expensive and I was even telling about girls like don't work. And then I got it and I was gonna wear it on here. But then when you it's like two months, yeah, you're you're it is.
Speaker 2: It is a style for sure, but you're like making a choice for your day.
Speaker 1: Because here's the thing, is like I don't I don't have a complexion that lends itself to looking like a farmer. Well, sure, say what you will draw whatever you want. Yeah, I just don't have like the type of face that should be looking up under a hat, right address.
Speaker 2: If ICE is looking for people actively, you have now labeled yourself right a target.
Speaker 1: But the problem is then you flip it up and it's like, now I look like Queen Latifa.
Speaker 2: It's like, yeah, I don't know why. It reminded me of Gordon's fish, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: But there is a.
Speaker 2: Quality he obviously is not wearing the hat. But and now I got this thirty dollar hat I don't really know what to do with. Yeah, well, I'm sorry it happened to you, and I think you'll find the exact fold to make that gorgeous.
Speaker 1: Shout out to the African American Arts Festival and shout out to them, all eight of them that gathered together.
Speaker 2: No, there was a lot, there was a lot. I am worried a little bit. Yeah, like, have you ever noticed so okay, I.
Speaker 1: Don't want to step on any toast here. Have you been to like an African street festival put on by Africans versus an African type street festival put on by African Americans. I wouldn't.
Speaker 2: I don't think that I have been to the former, the one by African by Africans. Okay, I think I've almost exclusively been to ones with Pan African sort of like.
Speaker 1: I because I went so this was the Pan African type and I was there and I was like, man, the hustle of being an African person selling to Black Americans is good. Because it's like every stall had the same country clock. It's all this. It was not like and I know because like when my mom gets sipped directly from Seyerlan, it's like different. But they had like the same ten patterns. And I was like, this is you just go to You just go to black arts festivals every weekend. And then one so disrespectful. It was a Mexican lady. So, bro, this is what's fucked up. She's selling country cloth and can't take cloth next to a little boo boo paunch of fuck, and now we're so upside down. It's fucked up. Man.
Speaker 2: The idea that somebody would buy from a place that sells both of those things, presuming that they do both of those things well, is crazy.
Speaker 1: I think it's all it all comes off the same truck, though, I think.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that's the unfortunate reality. But like when you are buying these things, to some extent, you're going like, well, I want to believe there's a quality.
Speaker 1: Did this right?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I got fleeces too. The lady like when we bought it, she took our pictures because my girl got a hat reasonable size brim on hers, which sucks worse kinda that she didn't get shammed. Was hers worked well?
Speaker 2: Oh and then mineus like, I'm gonna wear it this whole time and maybe it'll grow on me by the end of this.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think if you just forget that it's there, you might find yourself becoming comfortable with it.
Speaker 1: I do worry, and this has happened to me a lot of times. I worry that this is a hat that Cole and Martin would wear, right, And that's not a man you want to be.
Speaker 2: No, he's not a man you want to be. And that's such a funny thing because he was my favorite character. Surely it was all very funny. I thought he was the funniest guy. But yeah, you you knew from the beginning where like you're like, oh, we're laughing at him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's not like on this he's got because the nineties had so many hats that just a lot of buffoon hats. Yeah yeah, and that like five six year tall tall first tall firs, stove pipe cat and the hat joints. Yeah wayam mama. Man, she left bro and they had cool they even they would have coote in the cat in the hat and the circle glasses, and it's like that's too much for one man. No one man can bear the weight of all those accessories.
Speaker 2: It also was like accessories, and then he'd just be wearing a black T shirt and.
Speaker 1: It's like this ain't. Yeah, you gotta.
Speaker 2: At least like make him like a weirdo top to bottom.
Speaker 1: It's gotta be all lime green.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you'll get to just like you know what I'm saying. He just puts an head on it, address it. Nobody's gonna be like, man, what are you doing today?
Speaker 1: Oh man? He was always wearing what are those hats to look like uncircumcised penises? M You don't talk about like the draw string at the top. Oh I do know what you're talking about. Yeah, yeah, the little the net yeah, like a yeah, like a canvas skull cap. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, you love that ship.
Speaker 2: Yeah, anyways, what you got? Yeah, tragical, more important. Carl Thomas Paine, right, I don't know. I know it's something Thomas Payne, Carl Thomas pain makes me worried that it's Carl Thomas and is it Carl Anthony.
Speaker 1: I've never seen him in the same room together. I've never seen Carl Thomas the same.
Speaker 2: Carl Anthony Payne, Carl Anthony Payne the second, the second.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's been a few. Would you ever give your kid one of those?
Speaker 2: Absolutely not, No, not even for a moment. Would I would I consider it?
Speaker 1: I think I would. I think.
Speaker 2: I think we offer so many curses to our children, just by by proxy, just by our presence being there is it's already like tainting them in a way that makes me feel generational curses. Yeah, just ship that I carry that it is in some way affecting my children in a way that their purity doesn't deserve. But I can't help because I I am what I am, and I very much don't need my name to be attached to who you become.
Speaker 1: Oh see, I like my name. I'd give it up.
Speaker 2: Oh man, if my daughter was like I want to be named Annville. I'd be like, you got it? He yeah, No, no, drop that du You're just Handville. Whoa you got it?
Speaker 1: WHOA? Create whatever legacy you want. You don't want to push the name forward at all.
Speaker 2: I'm just honored to be here. Dog, Damn, that's really beautiful. Yeah, I just I'm does your wife have your last name?
Speaker 1: Yeah? But she wanted that. I didn't ask her. H Do I need that for? You know what I mean? Yeah? I don't. All right, it dies with you. You would You would be fine if it died with you. I se Kerman in the head. I don't give a ship got all right? But you got Do you have any other siblings to carry it on? My brother has any and he has kids. No, he doesn't have no, so it's no, it's no family. Yeah. But he's twenty six, so okay, so he could.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's not. He's not past his prime.
Speaker 1: He'll figure his life out, so maybe he'll carry on the name in a way that that you know, party doesn't want like some like oh them Kerman boys or something like that.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 2: Sometimes my daughter will say her last name and I'd be like, like, you're keeping that.
Speaker 1: The way that little kids say their whole name.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she always introduces herself with her full name, middle name included.
Speaker 1: That's a doorable.
Speaker 2: And then she'll say my name's you know and yeah, and then she and then she'll be like, what's your name?
Speaker 1: And you know what? She did introduce herself to me like that. It was very cute because it was one sentence. Yeah, she doesn't know where, and it's mumbley, so you're not even really sure that she's saying stuff. And your daughter, your daughter talks like stupid people. Text. You should read her text. Ship. They're absolute ship.
Speaker 2: Oh man, I'm glad we're having fun. But in the light of some recent events, I prepared a statement that i'd like to read. I know this isn't traditional, it's not our usual banter, but we're gonna I would like to be able to say something.
Speaker 1: Let me take this off before you say something funny. Oh, you don't want to keep that on? And I saw it. I'm gonna be completely honest. I saw a glimpse of it in the mirror and it sucked.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, I'm sorry that that happened. I'm also sorry for the for the weird jumps. That this is gonna cause throughout this episode it'll be fine. Here we go. I prepared a statement that I'm gonna read to you now. At some point we are going to have to unpack how Love Island is just taking advantage of sexy special needs people. I'll hold for applause. I'll repeat.
Speaker 1: They are poaching special needs people and making them finger each other for our entertainment. It's criminal. It should be illegal. They are abusing these students with.
Speaker 2: I EPs, and frankly, that's on us for being so bigoted and not realizing that special needs people can be bad bitches too. As a society, we've behaved like differently abled people mean something ugly, and that is not the case. Some of the most beautiful people on earth had to take classes in a separate part of the school.
Speaker 1: I like that off the King's and Queen's of only.
Speaker 2: Fans could only leave the classroom if a helper was with them. And I know, I know all of this sounds a little empowering, but I assure you those Love Island producers are pure evil.
Speaker 1: I opened the floor to your thoughts, I think, and I think you begin to touch the heart of the matter. Is that there's no it needed to be said. Yeah, it needed to be said, because I think we talked about it on the phone a little bit. I watched an episode of Love Island and for a second, you're like, this is the best entertainment I've ever seen. Absolutely, this is like incredible. Oh my god. Yeah, and then you watch a second one and you're like, oh, they got the hottest idiots. Oh they're still there. What do you mean? That's what I mean. And you're like, oh, you're still doing this, Yeah, okay, you're You're like very they're so like there's a lot of like like I made this joke, but there's like a lot of there's a lot of those statements. So what I'm That's what I'm That's what I'm saying as well, Like me and my girl watched it and now she gets so mad because she watched one episode and two of these idiots were breaking up and one of the guys he like goes, he like grabs her face and he goes everything you said to me was amazing, or everything you ever said to me was amazing. I say that doesn't matter. I say that's to her in the dark, like when we wake up now, everything you've ever said to me was amazing. It's like, it's like a bummer, how stupid they are.
Speaker 2: If somebody said that to me, I would shoot them. Yeah, I mean, what are you talking about?
Speaker 1: Also, have you seen the challenges? Yeah, they're insane the milk because here's the thing. We have too much porno for you to be beaten around the bush on network television.
Speaker 2: And that's what that's what's stressing me out. That's the part of it where it starts to become like, oh okay, it's not just like there's not that big of a difference between between Love Island and Love on the Spectrum.
Speaker 1: It is it is people I will I will get you there. Love on the Spectrum is far more charming. No, I'm saying that. The the this is watching people make choices where I go, well, I wouldn't do that, but I hope it works out for you. That is, it's the same vibe. But then they add these nasty challenges.
Speaker 2: Where they go they make them take every item of clothes off, and then they make them.
Speaker 1: Spit in each other's mouths, just repeatedly, over and over again. And that's where it becomes a violence. They gotta eating popsicles covered in olive oil. Bro It's crazy. And then they wake them up early and they go get in the gym. Yeah, work out. Yeah, the one place the world makes sense to you.
Speaker 2: I better not catch you reading the book.
Speaker 1: They make a lot of breakfast.
Speaker 2: They make a lot of nobody read. This is they're taking advantage of people. Yeah, but I mean it wasn't gonna always television.
Speaker 1: Of course, But but we gotta call it out. Yes, the whole point of the show day Okay, if it does feel like we're at the worst point, like some of these people need, like assistance shopping at the grocery store, Buddy, I showed up. When I showed up up, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: I didn't choose the timeline that I live in, but I have to hold myself accountable for trying to change it. Whistle blower, Come on, man, I'm ready to sit in front of Congress.
Speaker 7: On this one.
Speaker 1: They aren't fine as hello. Everybody on that show is fine as It's the most stress I've ever I've ever had watching a television show because of how sexy everybody. Oh yeah, with your with yours.
Speaker 2: I don't like watching it with my my wife and now I'm watching it with my wife and her sister.
Speaker 1: That's that's you can't win. It sucks. There's no, there's no because the problem is they're so fine and they have such little personality that you can't even be like, oh, I think Cella is really you know what I mean. It's just like we're all seeing the finest person we've ever seen. Landria is the finest person I've.
Speaker 2: Seen in real life. I'm not not in real life, but look I was watching your right.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, they're too fine. It's that shows tough for me too. Man. It's a tough watch. And I hope Congress. Uh.
Speaker 2: While I don't support you ever, I do hope that you and I can can come to terms here and we can figure out a way to get this resolved.
Speaker 1: Find the Epstein files, Cancel Love Island, Come on, Olivia says. Olivia says, it's time for a break because maybe we got too hot. Maybe we just touched a motherfucking nerve. Just to be clear, when he says fine, he just means print him out. You got him. You got there's still open at the window on the top window of your computer. You kept talking about how oh I got him.
Speaker 2: He's oh, yeah, the old piece of pepper too, Remember minutes when he's that tape because he killed that guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what the Republicans are doing. I got the tape. I got the tape. They were like, it's in times New Roman. Ah twel five was written in nineteen ninety eight. No, they're sillybillies for doing that. But we are going to take a break. Let's take a break, and then we're going to do some voicemails from the listeners, so you are more David more Langston mo Ma Mama told me.
Speaker 8: But we're gonna do this respectfully, otherwise we'll end in a duel, and I mean a duel, real life duel where only one person walks away. We can meet with guns, bottles, knives, or books and equations, but we're gonna do this like men.
Speaker 1: So get ready, We're about to have a hook book duel. Bring your best but bell hooks. I'll bring mine. I'll give you a hint. It's not feminist theory. I tried to redouble. I didn't get too far.
Speaker 2: Can I tell you that when you played that I had I'm high enough that I had voicemail in my head and I thought that that was a voicemail from Terrence Howard.
Speaker 1: That must be hard for you to have realized that it's not. Though. Yeah, it was a real like, holy Moly journey, you know what I mean, Like I really went through the full spectrum of feelings. So I was like, it's a miracle, and I was like, oh no, I'm a fool. I still think he's open to us, though I don't think we I don't think we played ourselves. I've been giving up at all. Yeah, neither. I don't think we could get him.
Speaker 2: I think we continue to grow, We're continuing to evolve as a podcast. And I think, frankly, if there are people out there who who have the means to be able to connect us directly with Terrence Howard, we welcome your contact.
Speaker 1: Yeah, or any's is really at this point. Yeah, if you got a good assist, just call us. Yeah, if you you know, if you happen to be in his d MS and he does in fact respond to you, we'll take it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, come on, man, if you want to tell us about it, get your glass of arbor, miss put it on ice, give us a call, give us a call because we know you're drunk. I bet you're drunk.
Speaker 1: I bet at least two of these voicemails we're about to listen to drunk people.
Speaker 2: I think that's I think that's an underestimation, right, Okay, we got a lot of a lot of great ones here.
Speaker 1: Pick the most salacious title I feel like, or just the most exciting title to you. Okay, I'm excited, all right.
Speaker 4: My mom so me.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Okay, Davidson for the Trust.
Speaker 7: Call him from Don, North Carolina.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: I knew he was from the South because his his second name was Charles.
Speaker 1: Oh do you think their first name Charles is more of a Midwestern thing?
Speaker 2: And I think anytime Charles is in that name, you are of the South. And I think Charles, uh being the second name means you still in the South. Okay, Yeah, it's kind of like a Yankee ass name.
Speaker 1: No, Charles, Charles, that's a working man, a mister Charles.
Speaker 2: You put a mister on my yeah. Can I tell you I literally knew a mister Charles growing up. Was he yeah, well he was, he was fucking This was in college. My best friend's mom's like her boyfriend and his name was mister Charles, and we rode around in his vein, just like a big old Conversion.
Speaker 1: Vaders, just telling you about life.
Speaker 2: And Charles didn't talk a lot, but no, but when he did, you listen your here's perk up, old fellows, get around.
Speaker 1: He's ready to give us another gin him. Yeah. I feel like, mister Charles, if your name is mister Charles, you really can't be knocking down like bachelorettes. You gotta really. No, he's looking for women. Yeah, you're the you're the father that chept up.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, he's looking for real women with real women problems. Yeah, and I respected that.
Speaker 1: Harry Charles. Harry, oh yeah, he didn't need a haircut.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, I mean I'm talking about oh yeah, yeah, yeah, mister Charles, like Harry.
Speaker 1: No, I think it's I think the haircut applies to both ends.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, I think top and bottom.
Speaker 1: He was like, I don't put no clippers in my head. Yeah, yeah, who's clippers? The man's clippers. I like when men use scissors and then they're like, well, we don't do that here. So he was like, well then I'll take my business else with He put back on his hard hat and then he puts another fodoro on top of that. I can't be talking about hats the way I came out now, you were acting crazy. Yeah, and uh and and we will always have that memory. Yeah. Anyways, here we go.
Speaker 7: Right outside DC, Alexandria, Virginia with conspiracy for uh. Why the niggas love the burnt hot dog and the cook out more than any other hot dogs? Keep doing what you're doing.
Speaker 1: Okay, it was short. It was short. I've thought about it. I thought about this a lot. Oh you have thought about it? Yeah, well, I mean, first of all, do you like a burnt hot dog? It's my favorite kind of hot dog? Yeah, or like a burnt link. It's like I think that there's something when it. I think the heat does something to it where it's like when it overcooks it like something about the juices in there. It becomes like a different flavor profile, Like it changes the whole Yeah, it changes the whole texture of the thing.
Speaker 2: It turns a hot dog into a steak for me exactly where I'm like, oh, I I didn't know this was a classy event. No, this is cuisine, Yeah, this is a this is fine dining. I mean set down my paper cup. I didn't know there was a chef. I thought I thought you would do what I do and just grill it until you got scared.
Speaker 1: Is my question is is it only a black person thing to like the I think.
Speaker 2: That's where I didn't feel confident, is that I consider this to be just a thing for any human ever, and as it turns out, maybe it is just a black thing.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of things like that washcloth debate. There's a lot of times that we've thought things were common sense, that's true, and you come to find out.
Speaker 2: I wonder if we could look this up the history of I wonder if we looked up do white people.
Speaker 1: How many of my Google search? Do white people like burnt hot dogs? I don't feel like white people like burnt stuff? Hmm, I put do white people like burnt it'll I'll populate people have been here before.
Speaker 2: Some people, regardless of their racial background. This is the AI overview, enjoy a certain level of char or crispiness in certain foods. This can be due blah blah blah. Are there people who like burnt food? That's a quora. This is why some people purposely burn their food. I Okay, I'm willing to make a leap based off of what I'm reading. I think the amount of times that they're saying why some people burn their food and treating it like a study tells me that white people do not like the burnt hot dogs the way that I think we do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like they like them like on the commercial.
Speaker 8: M h.
Speaker 1: It's like sweaty.
Speaker 2: Little lines, maybe a little line of char, but you don't want the whole thing all black and death.
Speaker 1: I shouldn't need to look like little soup.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because it just it works better, even like with hot dogs in the crib, making hot dogs in the house, I'll put them in the microwave so that the end split like they're burn.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like that's how I like when people boil it.
Speaker 2: It's like, yeah, you gotta trying to put it in a cup with a little water in it.
Speaker 1: Put the water away. We'll make it meat. There's juice in there. There's juice in there. Yeah, I don't disagree with you. It's crazy.
Speaker 2: It really allows the oils to cook itself, you know what I mean to like really like just just contain themselves in the hot dog.
Speaker 1: It's almost like it starts to cannibalize itself, like the grease starts to eat itself. Yeah, and then that's where the flavor comes in. I like the way you put that. It's not the way I would have ever thought to put it, but it was. That's probably because it's wrong. No, it was beautiful. I really liked it. All right, let's get another voice. Yeah, we should do another problem solved. That was a good one. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think this person nailed it. You you you called you were healthy sober?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you sound I mean he's singing, he's saying.
Speaker 2: But that was that was like I think that was a happy thing. I think that was just confidence.
Speaker 1: Okay, maybe when you start calling tell us what time of day it is too from knowing what you're doing after that? Yeah, yeah are you where are you going? Just your pregame of your posting?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Is this the end of the night for you or you just you're just getting yourself together? Okay, I see another one that we should do.
Speaker 1: Here we go.
Speaker 6: It's more Rick Conspiracy theory and observation R and B music Guy around nineteen or two thousand and four, two thousand and five, when Couchie stopped being.
Speaker 1: Harry Okay, so that's a tough start already. I don't know when Couchie stopped being Harry. Oh, I know when I got into the game. Yeah, but I don't know. I don't have the numbers. When you got into the game. Was Coochie Harry or not Harry? I'd say it was like seventy thirty not Yeah, yeah, that's about where I was. Yeah, it was like, yeah, it's been primarily balls my whole life. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, but in my life, it stops being bald when that comfort grows mm hmmmm h like the first time. Nah and then yeah yeah yeah, get it comes back. It finds this way back into your home. Like I like that. It's like a It's like it's like a familiar old sweater. Come on back home there. You've had a long journey out there. It's in August. Let me pull out my butt.
Speaker 2: Yeah no, I I as far as I knew it, But I do like this. This does track, at least logically that like two thousand and four hours I was probably had been having sex for a year at tops.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I mean too, a year, whole calendar year at that point.
Speaker 2: Either way, we were both close to two thousand and four, I assume in our start game, and so I would say I would say that the music that predates that did feel a.
Speaker 1: Lot more like what I knew to be R and B. And then everything that.
Speaker 2: Is post date that excluding Confessions and a few sort of like confessions, is Harry Couchie it is. That's that's a really good point. But I think there's a few examples, but they become less and less after that point.
Speaker 1: When did get It showed, I think that was I think that was the breaking down. That was the end of Harry Couch.
Speaker 2: You're saying that we shouldn't be measuring by the Willennium, we should be measuring by pre and Polly get It Shaddy, Yeah, because that was like that's I think everybody can agree that's called Cucci music.
Speaker 1: But see, I think Lloyd had some Harry Coucy.
Speaker 2: Music with which songs like like that south Side, that song.
Speaker 1: Like that's just meaning up to be nasty. You know what it is is that it used to be. And this is I hope people understand what we're saying when we say Harry Coucy music. Yeah, I think I think it's my heart understands it. But I can't verbalize.
Speaker 2: I think it's sort of a raw R and b uh that that doesn't that isn't sort of wanting to have abs and and titty meet as much as having like your fucking your belly hanging over your belt. Yeah, and you're going through it and you just really your whole heart into this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're worried about you. Do you mean is D'Angelo Harry Coucy music? Absolutely? Yeah? Yeah, like braids coming out a little bit? Come on, man, come on, yeah, Manlo looked to that. The Angelo looked good for a year and a half.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean, he had like a year and a half of halbs and then that man turned into a Google.
Speaker 1: I don't like you better. I like fat And that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: It's like we were still like, nah, that's still sex embodied.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I do. I do. Like, Man, this is a good This is a good I do because now if I think about it, I want all the Harry Cucure music. I don't really it's my preference for sure.
Speaker 6: Damn.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this they continue.
Speaker 6: Because if you go back and listen to R and B from like the fifties up until like the late nineties who she was Harry and I'm my early forties. But you would just had to have been around to understand that it was a different type of situation when she was Harry. Like, it's just it's just you stop begging here, I'm sire, I'm high ship playing.
Speaker 1: No, don't be sorry. First of all, we love you. And also here's go with me on this. Here's here's what I think. Yeah, this is just what oh no, Harry Cuci. It's like, uh, I feel like it's there's more maintenance to be done. There's hair you gotta wash, there's you know what I mean. It's just like it's just like there's more attention that needs to be paid. We're Baldcucci is just like set it and forget it. You know what I'm saying. We're bald. Now we don't have to take care of anything. You don't have to tend to your garden. And that's why the music is a lot less involved in a lot more fun partying. So you want to invest in Harry Pussy, you don't really got to invest in Balcouci.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you like it because you you know it's quality m and and that takes work.
Speaker 1: That takes love, that takes maintenance. To your point, you know what it is, Harry Coochy is a stew, Paulo, that's McDonald's. Wow, you can just go get it.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna call any coochie McDonald's. Uh, I'm too big a fan.
Speaker 1: McDonald's isn't delicious in the record. That's my favorite restaurant. Yeah. Yeah, I struggle to think of a restaurant I love more than McDonald's.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying. But you can't get you can't get the homemade classics. No, no, no, there's no stew. Everybody has one order they like and then they just ride that for the until the end of time.
Speaker 1: And I love the chicken and cheese. There's no oxtails there right right, you know what I mean. You know they were trying to charge me twenty dollars to get some goat in the park. Yeah, and I was like, I'm the only one out here who wants this. You have a Haitian truck in Genver, Colorado. You're lucky I'm here. You know how lucky you are that I happened past it Jazz in the park to eat your goat. None of these people want it twenty dollars.
Speaker 2: I think it's so funny because they had so little business that day that they were in the back like all right, how far can we push this?
Speaker 1: Yeah? How because we got to make up for lost time. Nobody was even standing over there. It was just me. I was so mad, bro, I was so mad. But that's on you there, because I buy it.
Speaker 2: But that's what I'm saying, is that that the signs were there that this wasn't quality on some level, on some level of the experience, somebody was unhappy because they somebody should have wanted to be at least adventurous and been like, well, that's different than all the other ones.
Speaker 1: Sure, right, right, right right.
Speaker 2: I think I don't think people think goat is good though I really fucked with goat man. Of course it's amazing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I don't think like the general public heats go oh, that's crazy. White people he go. I don't think white people he go, I know them. Have you ever seen one a white person eating the goat? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Not the way I think you're making me think about it in my head.
Speaker 1: Well, les part of this out you kid, you standing up that made me think that the goat was still alive and then just biting into.
Speaker 3: It.
Speaker 2: And my answer was no, but I don't my dad maybe like Indian restaurant type situations.
Speaker 1: That also seems like he eats like plantains and stuff. I feel like my dad's an adventurous Yeah, I feel like that's not the typical. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think I often assume it is because that's my blind spot. Is I go that's white people's ship and sometimes it's just my dad.
Speaker 1: I was thinking about when I was at the park. I don't even know if I've ever paid for goat wow. Yeah, oh man, yeah, I think I've only ever had it. So one time my mom in this Ethiopian guy went halfs on like a side of goat. Okay years ago. Yeah, he had so much got this guy O. It's so funny. I didn't.
Speaker 2: It never occurred to me that you could split the goat with somebody else.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, so funny. But they split like a half of it. Yeah, so it's like a side order goat eat Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a lot of goat. Go to the big as fuck, go to big Enough. Yeah. It's just me and you in this apartment, right, mom, third day, this week with Goat Sandwiches. I'm uh, just to get a little tired. There's always stupid, but that's a good fried go to side Haitian food truck aside. Yeah, Harry Coochy Music, I think I think he's right on the money with his timeline.
Speaker 2: I don't disagree with it at all. It feels very accurate to me. It feels very true, and I do think that there are some people out there trying to push back into that wave. I think currently we're heading, I think in the direction where Harry Cuchie Music could find its way back.
Speaker 1: So don't give up, hope. Oh, I think the whole ship's about to get flipped. Because I also think when times is hard, couchies get hairy. I think when this country is going through strife, that's a beautiful statement. Couchies get hairy, you know what I mean? The Civil Rights Bush, Yeah, Woman's fridge movement, La riots Yo. That ship was going crazy.
Speaker 2: Was the amount of pussy that grew through that oj trial. When unshaved in protests through oj it selma, that's how they kept them skirts from sweating.
Speaker 1: Moisture absorbent. But I do I do believe that when this country is going through a difficult time because we need to get back to ourselves. We need to get back to our roots. You know, you've seen the politics. It's going nuts. Absolutely, we got tariffs.
Speaker 2: We absolutely got therfs. What we also need is a break. We're gonna say one more break and then when we come back.
Speaker 1: We'll do a couple more voicemails. We'll get out of here, all right, more David more Langston More. Ma. Mama told me.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so I got Dick in the face, Craig, see if he's okay, and.
Speaker 1: I want to see if you're okay. We both do. Welcome back to my mama to.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to my mama told me, we're we're still being rascals. We're just sugging around talking, talking to you all, listening to your voices at least.
Speaker 1: Uh. And here we go.
Speaker 2: We're gonna listen to a few more voicemails. Oh, this one's provocative. I'm gonna I'm gonna play this here. We don't even tell me the titles.
Speaker 1: Here we come.
Speaker 4: Hey, what's going on? Uh? I'll call it a freaking bullshit black Mexican. Yeah, against his ship whatever otherways, My mama told me the ice coming after black people.
Speaker 1: Next pause, Uh, absolute fuckolutely watch out, y'all, this is a problem. I'm with him. I have nothing else to say. Yeah, I didn't like, you should be upset when they're coming after the other people too.
Speaker 2: I didn't like how hard he laughed. Uh that that rubbed me a little wrong.
Speaker 1: But I think he just feels double affected because he said he's black in Mexican. Yeah. I think he's just realizing. He's like the world's crashing down. He's like telling his wife, you got to grow it out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's getting nasty. And I will say that that before we continue. I've seen a lot of weird ship where people are going like a, y'all voted for him. I that's what you get. And it's like, if you don't shut your dumb ass.
Speaker 1: Bro, that's the stupidest response to that ship, because then what okay? Then what okay? Then what we're still you won? Yeah, you're smart on the internet.
Speaker 2: You won the game that we all lost. Yeah, okay, congrat you fucking elations. I hate that ship, bro. I guess you're gonna be smarter than everybody at the end of the world. That's a good feeling.
Speaker 1: It's so not like, at least, if you're gonna be annoying, figure out a way to be fun annoying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is like, this is like boring annoying. Yeah, are you just gonna laugh?
Speaker 1: I hate that ship. I hate that ship because it's like I get it. I'm scared too. Man, shit's going down. It's real terrible. You need to win.
Speaker 2: You're feeling you're feeling so powerless that you just are needing to shoot something on the ground. You gotta stomp it.
Speaker 1: You're also doing it to your echo chamber, which is the craziest thing about the Internet. It's like, who you say that to the people that happened to? Are you saying that to the twenty people who follow you who think like you do? Like? What are we doing?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 1: It's crazy? Here we go.
Speaker 4: But anyways, I'll be laugh because it's it's tragically funny.
Speaker 1: Because you know, I'm glad he explained him. Yeah he's wrong.
Speaker 4: But if we look at history, you know they are going to go whittle down the list and go down people and persecute them next or whatever. But also we've we've heard some Ice agents referred to this, Uh Uh, but uh, disturb and.
Speaker 1: You are doing great.
Speaker 2: He's all right anyway that kick.
Speaker 4: And uh, I know it's not the funniestic, but no, you could laugh about it and bring awareness to it. Uh. But uh. Also David Bojo said.
Speaker 1: Oh, we were a British colony. We don't. We don't speak French. People love really thinking I speak French. Sierra Leone does sound like it would have been a French I think it is a French word. Yeah, it sounds like it would have been there doing. Yeah. No, we're the we're British colony. I appreciate that man, Thank you. I like French. How are you? I don't even think he listen, you're more French than I gave you a compliment. As far as that ship that he was saying, hell, yeah they're coming for black people, then they're coming for you, stupid, fucking poor white people. You think he cares about you? You think that guy likes you, You fucking idiot. It's the club.
Speaker 2: You're not in it, bro, He's he's kill everybody. He's starting with Rosie o'donald, just to see if we'll let him do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what I mean, which is a lot of people's gateway into thing.
Speaker 2: Like, he really just needs this to be like a public shooting, because if we let him get away with this ship.
Speaker 1: He's cruising. Yeah, he's about to cruise through everybody else. Yeah, you guys fucking voted for give him all that money.
Speaker 2: Bris likes about to be bad here, he's gonna have. That's gonna be his day. Is making a list and checking it twice.
Speaker 1: Yuck, yuck. And black people, you're you, You will be a target. Nobody is safe. No, it's real scary ship anyway. Uh So, resistance starts in the home. Start growing that here. Okay, Okay, I just it's really the only way I feel any control. That's why I'm staring at them because I'm hoping they're listening.
Speaker 2: The man said something important. I hope you listen anyways, Okay, I'm gonna play one more. Yeah, this one seems like it objectively will end up being lighter than that one.
Speaker 3: Care on the bus.
Speaker 1: Listen. I also think Kevi on stage is cool. I like that.
Speaker 2: I like that in in that in that scenario, he was like, keV on bus, no, no, no, keV on the bus.
Speaker 1: Does make you sound dumb on the bus.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, I I I I.
Speaker 1: Think it sucks that you're calling us on the bus. Sucks if this is not you, This is just I hate when people are on the phone on the bus in general, and that's Benson cell phones came out.
Speaker 2: And I hate that that you're drunk on the bus.
Speaker 1: I hate, you know what I mean, Like, I hate the whole vibe that got you to calling us. Do you know what I mean that likes he's deep, he's deep.
Speaker 2: In it where he's like drunk, but he's on the bus and he's but he's like aware of it. Yeah, he's like there's too much noise in the background that I can't address this, So here we go.
Speaker 1: But I mean, we've all gotten you raised your hand if you haven't gotten drunk on the bus. Brother, most of my bus rides I've been drunk. Come on, shout out to the thirty eight forty nine, the eight X drunk or drinking, Yeah, drinking actively on the buzz A wanted time. I used to fill up half a coke bottle with some cracking. Oh that was your cracking day, And I'd be riding the bus to the club. Yeah, you know, ride the bus to the clubs. Suck. It fucking sucks. Like you get off the bus in your nice clothes, like you weren't just on the fucking but like it's like so hard to go from Like don't want to get stabbed to get pussy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's why I always used to get myself about a block and a half. That's smart. I'd get off a little early, finish the cracking, take it, take a couple of swigs, do a lap.
Speaker 1: Yeah you know what I mean. You gotta walk round. Well, you gotta get bused off of you. Yeah that's real. Yeah, really get off of you. Also, when going to meet up with a woman, same thing. Yep, you can't dust off of you. Yeah, you can't just go from the bus to her door.
Speaker 2: And I think that that maybe is an important lesson for our listeners. There is nothing wrong with riding the bus. We we do not look down on anybody who uses public transportation in any form. I don't give a fuck. If that's what you need, if that's what you want, if that functions for your life, that's fucking awesome. But get that bus off of you.
Speaker 1: Get the bus off. What you're seeing on that bus that's not good for the spirit. Don't take it into the bar. That's not good for communication. Because you also, ever notice nobody likes your bus story. Nobody wants the bus store. When you come in and you're like, yeah, I just let nobody's like, oh cool, damn, that's not like the bus. Yeah, yeah, I just jerking off. Nobody's like awesome stories.
Speaker 2: Yeah, truly, if you saw somebody jerking off in this building, you'd be like, oh, that's a good story.
Speaker 1: But on the bus, I'm like, that's a bus. You're on the bus. Okay, you're on your way over here. Hey, and now get that off of you. Get that bus off, take a lap. That's important for kids to know. Call a friend. Just something that makes you a little bit more. You again, go dip in the corner store, buy some gum, whatever you gotta do. Absolutely like that.
Speaker 2: I think a beautiful way to to to perhaps end this thing.
Speaker 1: Oh there's more, there's more on the bus. We just we.
Speaker 2: Literally didn't even hear any information from Kevin on the bus.
Speaker 3: But I'll be listening to a podcast and I just killed my first I call all right, and now I see you. Why people call you a little freaky Joe basically her. That's why I asked, okay, but also I had a clutch scene when it seems like this is the right place.
Speaker 1: To ask a question.
Speaker 3: The other colored gradients to light k versus dark seams, because I went my entire life thinking maybe you know, I was a regular you know, dark as American, and so I asked about the past their football, and he told me I was to play wide receiver.
Speaker 1: I have big thoughts on that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I do too, But I think it's better if you kick him, Mom. I think I'll come off better if you start. No, that the wide receiver of it all specifically is very interesting because while I think we can agree that in attitude, basically the second most light skin position in football, okay, sure right, yeah.
Speaker 1: We defensive backs is first? Oh no, no, no, no, no, I wouldn't think that. Actually it is first. It is first, but I field dominated by a lot of dark skinned heroes. Come on, Jerry Rice is not light skin. You know what I mean too? Like dark skin dudes. Who's the other guy on Philly? Freddy? His name Freddy Jackson, the receiver? No, no, you know, I knew one name, and I didn't. I should not have gone an you saw me. I can serve nothing, but you cut this out. We can cut this out, we can cut this here, this motherfucker gum.
Speaker 9: You know Freddy Freddy Street Street College, your favorite. The point is, uh yeah, wide receiver. I feel like traditionally are divas but a lot of dark skinned men. And it almost it's almost like wide receiving is the great equalizer.
Speaker 1: In this brutal, brutal color war to which we've all been embroiled. Yeah. I think that there are probably we would all benefit from a little bit of a standardizing of our conversations around light skin versus dark skin. And I think, unfortunately, I think unfortunately getting a Congress as it were together to be able to cover this this almost an impossible feed. I mean, I saw it when we had that clip Go Big. We had a clip go Big, Yeah, and then somebody else had a clip go big where they were remixing what we said. Yeah. Did you see that? Yeah?
Speaker 2: And it hurt my feelings, yeah whatever. I tried to sort of play it cool, but no, it did deeply cut my mind.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think I think there's a part of me that that understood exactly the point that I think was important, and it felt like I had failed in communicating that point. Now that's the internet, bro, That's what they do is y's the point. That's whole the internet is people listening to what you say to me.
Speaker 1: I'm like, well and not like hearing what you said. That was because you didn't make a bad point. But no, but I do know that like what ends up happening is they pull a moment and then they activate that moment, right, But it made me feel stupid for allowing a space to be the moment, do you know what I mean? Don't feel bad for trying. Thanks, thanks David. Let these stupid people. That's how I get through it. I just assume everybody on the internet is really really stupid, and then it makes me feel good about myself. And I read their comments, I'm like, because there's no I never read a comment where I'm like he got me. Yeah, yeah, you know what I mean. I always read a comment I'm like, oh, that's because you're dumb. Yeah I feel that way, but I still want them to like me, and that that's my burden. But you don't. Do you want stupid people to like you? I think so as much as you want more people to like you.
Speaker 2: No, but I I think I think I still need them very badly and uh and until I evolved past whatever that feeling is, then I then.
Speaker 1: I'm not safe emotionally socially. Man, you really that's like really saying the quiet part out loud.
Speaker 2: I didn't love that, No regread it.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna I'm gonna press play on this. I hate that that happened.
Speaker 3: And that was the first time in my life I had ever been who like im So like y'all could let me know, is it like a colored grady is a charge or something I could have referred to as I would like to know, sir, Wow, my mother is chocolate. I've always wanted to shock it. I've got a shock a baby. But appairly, I myself am not. So y'all could give me some insight on there.
Speaker 1: It'll be great. Thank you. Here's a tough thing about this. Please. We're two people who have never been middle spectrum, so to get any sort of like real answer from us is difficult. Nobody was ever right, like what are you doing? Like Juno Rocks? Like nobody was ever.
Speaker 2: I mean, I want to propose something, okay, right here and right now I believe that we could do a draft. I believe that we could assemble a team. This is a slippery slow brother. I I'm scared of what I'm saying already. I don't feel safe. I mentioned that earlier, and now I'm trying something insane. But I do believe that we could assemble a team of men and women of various shading ingredients, and we could do a true draft of the tent poles by which light skinned and dark skinned are determined.
Speaker 1: Like we like in this room. You mean we get like ten people. I think we could. I think we I think we could get a couple of past guests. I don't think we can afford.
Speaker 2: Ten, uh, because we pay I think our resources are limited. But I think if we could get a nice group together, we could figure it out for celebrity sort of tent poles.
Speaker 1: We do need to. It would be nice to have some uniform, right, And it's not really for and I don't think this is we're really good guys. This is how you know we're good guys, because there's isn't for my benefit, This isn't for your benefit. We know where we're at.
Speaker 2: I know I know what's light skin to me? I know what's light skin to me? I'm good, Yeah, I'm good. I'm chilling. What's dark skin to you? Hey, brother, what we're not gonna do is got your media. I'll tell you this. This podcast is a lot of things, but it will never be got your media. You're not gonna You're not gonna tuck her calls and me into something nasty. That's private, brother, that's absolutely private. What's dark skinned to me? And frankly, it should be private to everybody. Make politics private again. That's how I feel.
Speaker 1: I like that. So you want to draft them? I think we should. I think we should. I'm with that. I think that would be good.
Speaker 2: And if we don't do it, just no, it's because we sobered up from this entire conversation.
Speaker 1: Because Will Ferrell stepped in. Hey, fellas, then I got L two coming out. I'm not trying to I'm hearing something about your drafting niggas. I hate how we talking about.
Speaker 2: I hate to use the word boys, but but now I gotta say it because that's the way you're behaving.
Speaker 1: Man's funny. That's a good episode. Yeah, you want to tell the people where they can find you? Were done? Yeah, I think so. Yeah, all right, goodbye? Who got Your City?
Speaker 2: Seveer on Instagram, petre up coming backslass David boy it's probably that.
Speaker 1: Something like that. Man, Come on, you know, I'm trying to get back in the game. What if it was backslash Arnold from a different strokes And of course it's David Borie. That's a good point. Yeah, there's only one one prominent. You can follow me at Langston Kerman on all social media platforms. Watch my special it's called Bad Poetry. It's on Netflix now, and send us your own drops, your own conspiracy theories. If you want to tell us what is dark Skin to you? I don't want to hear it. Keep it to yourself. But everybody else contact us at Mamma pod at gmail dot com and give us a call a.
Speaker 2: Four fours A four to four little moms. We want to hear from you, like subscribe, rate review YouTube dot com is where we also have plenty of places for you to see us.
Speaker 1: And that's the whole shebang. Bye, bitch, I don't give a fuck. Who'll say? What blood own crip.
Speaker 2: My Mama told Me is a production of Will Ferrell's Big Money Players Network and iHeart Podcasts.
Speaker 1: Greet It and hosted by Langston Krekt, co hosted by David Bori. Executive produced by Will Ferrell, Hansani and Olivia Akilo.
Speaker 2: Co produced by Bee Wayne, edited and engineered by Justin.
Speaker 1: Kommon, music by Nick Chambers, artwork by Dogon Kriga.
Speaker 2: You can now watch episodes of My Mama Told Me on YouTube. Follow at My Mama Told Me and subscribe to our channel