Speaker 1: David did his study abroad program very recently, so you know he's he's back at it.
Speaker 2: Six crowns will be a certified barker.
Speaker 1: You know. Down in Brazil they take for upside because well.
Speaker 2: But equator it's a southern hemisphere. They've paid from the bottom to the top as well. It's quite complicated. Shore exchange is very interesting.
Speaker 3: Chip singers, racists, money stuff.
Speaker 4: I can't tell me, slob on my knob like corn on the cop.
Speaker 1: There it is, there, it is. Ladies and gentlemen, Welcome to another phenomenal episode. Ma Mama told me.
Speaker 2: The podcast that dives deep into the pockets of black conspiracy theories.
Speaker 1: And we finally worked to prove that Jonathan Taylor Thomas's success is completely rooted in the Hollywood agenda to take down Jason Weaver. They kept him, capped him at a lower position in the hierarchy so that a white devil might rise above and steal his true power, steal his cloud. We stand Jason Weaver on this goddamn podcast. Come on, are you kidding me? We don't fuck around, that's.
Speaker 2: No, I'm with you completely. You think a white man gonna be a mighty king?
Speaker 1: You think about come on, come on, and there was nothing wrong with Jason Weaver's voice at that time. He could have been symbol.
Speaker 2: He could have been a great symbol.
Speaker 1: He could have been the whole old symbol.
Speaker 2: They were like, no reason. Come on, man, if that wouldn't have happened if he was light skinned, I'll tell you that.
Speaker 1: Damn all right. Well, I didn't expect this to turn on me so quickly.
Speaker 2: It's not always about.
Speaker 1: I disagree, and I think I think if you've been watching the way I move for the past couple of years, you know, yes it is.
Speaker 2: That's what I think. So I'm with you, though, you know. The good thing is I saw on YouTube, so it might be fake. Jason Weaver apparently his mother had him get points on the back end for the Lion King, so he's still okay, no, he's very, very rich.
Speaker 1: But but he could have been JT. T rich Man.
Speaker 2: I mean, where's j Is JTT that rich?
Speaker 1: I think JTT has like an island right next to where Epstein had his ship, you know what I mean. I think there's I think there's a Taylor Thomas island where he just gets his toes sucked by women. Who remember what he used to look like.
Speaker 2: You know, there is also weirdly there.
Speaker 4: That's honestly where Chris Tucker was going. He just needed a ride. He could he could take the flight with Epstein and then Dinghy over to.
Speaker 1: Old JT. T Island. Well, I'm Langston Kerman, I'm David Boy, and I apologize already to our guests. She didn't have to sit through all of that nonsense. We could have brought her in quicker, more respectfully, but that's not how we do things over here. Oh, I thought you were about to say something, Bory and I left the space, and now I feel like a fool. Anyway, she's phenomenal. She's so funny. She's an actress, she's a writer, she's a comedian. You probably know her best from her work on South Side. She has one of the funniest characters on south Side, and more importantly, you may know her, at least to me more importantly as as the performer of maybe the greatest LORI lightfoot impression I think ever documented on anybody's camera. She's amazing. Give it up for Lisa Beasley. It's a long clap, thank you for being here. We're excited to have you.
Speaker 5: Oh, thanks for having me. I was like, I want to see what these niggas talking about.
Speaker 1: Oh do you see? Well, Lisa, you came to us with a conspiracy theory that that we have, or at least in an older iteration of this show, was was addressed very briefly. But I think it's very exciting because now we get to unpack it in a much larger, more in depth scope, you know what I mean, Like, we really get to dig into this motherfucker. But you said, my mama told me when it's raining and the sun is shining, that means the devil is beating his wife. Yes, tell us everything, you know.
Speaker 5: Well, first of all, that started when I was very very little. That has been in my mind ever since my existence. So there was never a point in time where I did not think that. So Lisa is in kindergarten, first grade, elementary, middle school. Anytime the sun is shining and it's raining, the devil's being his wife. And everybody at church said that. Everybody I've ever known has always said that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: The fucked up part is when they say it, it's almost like they look up and be like, Ah, the devil beating his wife. I'm like, it's a few things, like one the devil up there now, like what is going on? And I didn't know the devil was married. It just a lot. Yeah, it's just so violent.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's totally. It's always like the devil's beating his wife. I should get a coat.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Are we meant to feel bad for the wife?
Speaker 6: Is it?
Speaker 1: You know what I mean? Is she like a bad lady too? Or does he just have a wife that he just beats the ship out of the like I think it's he married.
Speaker 5: The devil, you would marry the devil, that the devil would be his wife more. It's not often raining and honestly shining at the same time.
Speaker 1: Honestly, And I want to be careful here. I think he's pretty he's pretty chill for the devil, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: You see, I think that he doesn't beat his wife a lot because he's stepping out on her with his second family. Yeah, he's got another family that he doesn't hit him.
Speaker 1: But see, to me, I didn't think the devil. I think the devil has endless families. I think he just is. I think there's no second, third, fourth, fifty, there's no wives. Everybody is his wife.
Speaker 2: There's clearly a wife because he's beating her, beaten her up.
Speaker 5: That makes me think that's like where maybe Audise Bitches my sons probably came from.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that chicks out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think the devil has has a lot of wives, and maybe what we're hearing, maybe it's just the one wife that's like pretty cool. That's the one that he whenever he hits heard that he just has one kind of cool wife that you we'd all be like, I'll forgive you for the way you act, and all the other ones are like, you know, they're weird, sick, oh, fucked up Trump supporter whatever, but like these they're like, yeah, you.
Speaker 2: Would say it's like his writer. He's got like a writer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but not cool to him. She's just cool to everybody, you know what I mean?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, And so when he's mean to.
Speaker 2: That one cool lady, yeah, because I always wonder, I wonder what her deal is because it's I guess we all know God's a virgin.
Speaker 1: Sure, but like.
Speaker 2: Right virgin.
Speaker 1: Yeah you didn't have to say it in the bully way, but yeah.
Speaker 2: How else do you say to a twenty million year old virgin? Maybe you could have figured that out at some point. I'm just saying.
Speaker 1: One sin, Jesus, you can do one sin.
Speaker 2: One time, you know, man, it was all available to you at the time.
Speaker 1: If you wrote in the Bible, Hey, this guy only committed one sin. I still think he's a perfect man, you know what I mean. He's as good to me as a man who never sins.
Speaker 2: Maybe more.
Speaker 5: He'll be better than the people who actually wrote the Bible.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm actually a Bible scholar. And a lot of people don't know that because I cuss a lot. But I'm a Bible scholar on accident. But like Paul wrote a lot of the New Testament. But he used to be solid and Saul used to like Mark Christians.
Speaker 2: So on the Road to Damascus is where it changed. I know stuff he know anything about God?
Speaker 1: Well, you're a you're a man of sin, so.
Speaker 2: Everybody, you.
Speaker 1: See, that's why I don't think that he knows anything about God. You see how he just took his shirt off center?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: So, so you believe this at this this early age, how much do you continue to believe it into your adulthood? At what point does it? Does it ever detach? From your brain.
Speaker 5: It will never detach from my brain. Every single time it drizzles and the sun is shining in my head. If I don't say it out loud, I'm like the devil being his wife. And there's but now I feel like there's nothing I could do about it. I can't stop him. I I can't like put them the marital counsel in. I can pull her aside and be like blink twice.
Speaker 1: And baby, where can you go? Is there anywhere where you can't find you? It's like, no, he's in that.
Speaker 2: That's the trouble.
Speaker 1: Maybe you have a family, a mom or something you could call. He's like, nigga, I know, I know all these people.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: What starts to me is how does he because like what happens after it stops.
Speaker 5: Raining, Maybe that's where he started because at.
Speaker 2: Some point, is he just like you? I'm sorry, I just I've been going through a lot of work right now. You know, likes there like an end.
Speaker 1: You're like, baby, you know that's not me. You know that's not I.
Speaker 5: Think the rain because I've been trying to make this make sense to myself going on thirty seven years now, So I think the rain the duration of the rain is the duration of the beating, like the duration of the sun being out while raining is while the beating is happening.
Speaker 2: Is there a correlation to the rain drops in her tears.
Speaker 5: I've thought about it, Yes, you know, I half thought about it. I was like, those are hers she's crying, or it's like a mixture of his sweat.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I don't want to I don't want him sweat.
Speaker 5: But then that because I was thinking about that a lot in high school is when I deconstructed that a lot, because I was like, there was this hole, like him living up in the sky business he's supposed to be under my feet.
Speaker 1: Well he's not even just up in the sky. He is in that metaphor the sun. He is the he is the brightest star in the sky.
Speaker 2: I mean he was the morning star.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Whoa, Hey, drop a bomb for yourself. You deserve it. Come on, that was the one that was the worst one. You're getting fixed. You're like, actually, I fucked up pretty bad.
Speaker 2: I was out of man. I'm still getting reacclimated to the American computer system.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Britain are different than so, Lisa. You you believe you continue to believe this. Are you then a profit for this message? Are you sharing it for other people? Are you?
Speaker 8: Like?
Speaker 1: No, I this is a private thing that I'm terribly embarrassed.
Speaker 5: But yes, still I'm still dealing with it on the inside. Yeah, I'm still dealing with the whole, like being okay with it because there's nothing I do to try to stop it. Like I haven't gotten into climate change or anything like that, trying to get.
Speaker 2: To the bottom of it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like this is maybe this is a halfway.
Speaker 5: So I'm not an environmental list yet. I feel like when I get to that point, that's when I'm in my proactive stages.
Speaker 1: I like that that that becoming an environmentalist is basically the wife spinach that she somehow gets strong enough to like block off his twings.
Speaker 2: Hey, the Devil's why is why I gave up on fast fashion.
Speaker 1: No, I'm I'm just trying to be responsible here.
Speaker 2: Can I ask the question that we have to ask if the devil does have a way, What's what's she looking like?
Speaker 4: WHOA?
Speaker 2: Okay, I see just from the reaction, I can feel it, but we have to I'm not gonna It's a good question, is a.
Speaker 5: Really good question. My brain just went in so many different directions.
Speaker 2: Of course, the Devil's Wife.
Speaker 5: Gotta ask, My brain just went in so many different directions.
Speaker 2: What was your first instinct?
Speaker 5: It was my very first instinct. Is a combination between like a classic Instagram batty and that like four four to six arm thing from More to Combat whoa, oh yeah, yeah, I think it's like a batty goro whoa.
Speaker 1: And there was a lady too. What was the lady's name? Girl, girl, girl, you know who?
Speaker 2: I think that comes into my head mind, in my head, would you say the Devil's wife? Have you ever used that salsa lady emoji? Yeah, the darkest one, because I always use the darkest one. Yeah, And then it actually makes me think of her or Felici shod in that. Do you remember the Cosmy show intro where she had the yeah with that one? That one. But it's because I think of the Devil's Wife is being like a sexy way like. I don't think she's just like some.
Speaker 5: Sad but you do agree that she is a dark skinned black woman.
Speaker 2: That's because I like him.
Speaker 5: Don't do this to me, No, I'm just saying we do tend to like the devil so that makes sense, or the de.
Speaker 2: Man, you're a bad guy, I would be a white lady. Yes, I'm just telling you what my instinct did.
Speaker 1: Hey, listeners, after next episode, we're going to reassess the podcast. Really if this is the right partnership moving forward.
Speaker 2: Also because I feel like maybe the devil's wife is cunning enough to get herself out of it, and I have no faith like that white lady.
Speaker 1: I will say, and this maybe this is this is working for. I'm not sure who this is helping, but I will say that my first thought was that it was a white woman. But I also thought I was bragging, all right, But I also thought that it was a white woman that looked like Earth a kid, do you know what I mean, Like had like sort of the eyebrows that Earth that used to have, and an attitude. Yeah, it was like a fucking white lady, but with earth a kid underneath it, you know what I mean. And that I don't know if that means anything, but still black lady devil a little.
Speaker 2: Bit, you know what I mean. No, I don't think she's the devil.
Speaker 8: I think.
Speaker 1: She's missus Devil, which I think makes you a devil. I think once you've joined that family, you're you're you may not be the devil, but you think I think she's deviling pretty hard.
Speaker 2: I think she was with his activities, whether she soured on it now late in the relationship. At one point she's.
Speaker 1: He married her.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she.
Speaker 2: Don know how old she was, because he seems like he would have crept in there early. Yeah she was. I don't think he was like, I don't think his courtship process was straight up like, hey, my lady.
Speaker 5: I love the idea of the devil courting.
Speaker 1: He's just sitting in the car, like, bro, I'm just so nervous. She likes me for me?
Speaker 2: What do you think he took her? Like that first date? Like the all this stops out, I'm the devil. We're going out.
Speaker 1: Okay, Before we answer, I think the correct energy for the answer is that it needs to be like a secretly evil restaurant. Do you know what I mean? Like the prices are evil or what they're selling is not?
Speaker 5: Because answer, I'm curious, what do you think in and out?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Why but they love the Lord?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Because he's dangerous, he's a bad boy.
Speaker 5: I don't know. In and out love the Lord?
Speaker 8: I know.
Speaker 2: Loves the Lord too, But yeah, they used to have Bible versus on the bottom of the cup.
Speaker 1: Holy, I had no idea. I thought in and out was was. I thought they were born from the muck, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, not at all. But he took her there, He's like, hey, baby, you know they don't like me around here, got too thick.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, he's fine, he's the fun He's truly bad boy in it over there?
Speaker 2: Wow. Yeah? And where would he take her? Where do you think you would take her?
Speaker 1: I think, yeah, oh, it's got to be it's got to be somewhere where. Like people think that they're doing a wealthy thing, but in fact are being It's like, yeah, I.
Speaker 5: Thought we was rich. I thought we had money.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's like people truly thinking they've elevated their lives, only to discover in adulthood that like, actually, this is kind of embarrassing that it meant this much to me.
Speaker 2: Hey shout olive gardens. Still you.
Speaker 1: I'm not better than it, but I do recognize it's not cool to go.
Speaker 5: To am I going to story like Guardy'll.
Speaker 2: Get that.
Speaker 1: It didn't have to be the most important night of my life. You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Did you go to I went to?
Speaker 1: Probably don't it was It could have been a fucking Benegans. I truly don't remember. But it wasn't anywhere that that any of us would respect. Now you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean you were a child. Don't you can give the boys to you know you can? You can forgive yourself? Yeah, no, I will such a.
Speaker 9: It's such a fault, like it's not your fault.
Speaker 2: That means it was working. He was like, three more it's not your faults away from busting out.
Speaker 1: I was gonna weep.
Speaker 4: I was gonna weep on this podcast and talk about where wearing a pink goddamn suit to I hop next to another group of men also wearing fluorescent suits.
Speaker 2: Oh did you have a white tux heed on them? I did.
Speaker 1: I had a white tux with a pink vest and tie.
Speaker 2: Let me guess, Let me guess. I bet you had a cane.
Speaker 1: I did not have a cave.
Speaker 5: Used to have canes.
Speaker 1: I wasn't a cane dude, but but that was probably more because of my family. My dad would not have let me get a cane. He's like a real like he pimps are not funny. That is not charming. You are not gonna look like that ass motherfucker. And so I don't.
Speaker 2: Know with the pink undertones that was.
Speaker 1: Come on, baby fly.
Speaker 5: My date wore white and bridore.
Speaker 4: Regular regular people. It's pimps too, you know what I'm saying. Wait, Lisa, you said you.
Speaker 1: Had read and then your your partner had a vest.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he wore a white suit with the red accents. And same about the cane. We was not allowed any type of pimp activity. But my daddy was actually a pip in the seventies. That's another episode.
Speaker 10: Yeah, he did not.
Speaker 5: He had to talk about it. So I don't think I can tell his story like that. But so he used to get real upset about it.
Speaker 1: He's like, you're mocking me for my work.
Speaker 5: Didn't have any canes. I was like, okay, we.
Speaker 1: Were serious men doing serious work. All right, we need to take a break. We're going to be back with more Lisa Beasiley and more. My mama told me.
Speaker 10: Look, if you hate cops just because the cops, the next time you get in trouble, call crackhead.
Speaker 2: And tell them to listen to My mama told me.
Speaker 1: That was perfect. Good right, Yeah, that was perfect.
Speaker 2: We are back discussing whether or not the devil beats his wife. Who his wife is and does she got asked?
Speaker 1: I think she's got to ask for sure. Yeah, I think she's got asked. I think she I think she's the whole shebang, She's everything.
Speaker 2: I also want to go back to this thing. I think that the devil's wife is probably a very, very beautiful woman. That's also why I picked.
Speaker 5: I still think she got sick arms, and I think that's why she got asked, because if she got six arms, she probably holds kettlebells at each one while doing squats.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you.
Speaker 1: Way, and it's all still concentrated on two legs. Boom that acid, that acid booming. Yeah, damn, damn. The science is checking out as our as our in house researcher. I can tell you the science agrees.
Speaker 2: I never saw gol from the back, so I have nothing to go.
Speaker 5: Oh girlad as I remember.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not even gonna hold you. Yeah, yeah, you know. He on percent had ass. Olivia is making a wonderful suggestion listeners. If you should feel so inspired, we would love to hear what you think the Devil's wife looks like and and you should send us your theories the visual images. I don't need to hear your words. We want pictures. I've heard you talk enough and and Papa doesn't care for it, but but I would love pictures. That's me. And guess what you're nana. We all know your nana.
Speaker 11: Come on, no, no, no, that's.
Speaker 2: Where it came from.
Speaker 1: Nana is always trying to get us to go to church.
Speaker 2: That shit sounds like nana. That's nana talk.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're showing up places and asking for food with tinfoil wrapped around to your nana.
Speaker 2: That's not that's a good idea.
Speaker 1: That might be a good idea, but that ain't how Papa talk, you know what I mean. He's got me there. At least I did a little bit of research. I did a little bit of research on your conspiracy theory that I would love to unpack with you. The the first thing that I looked up, and I'm excited about this. The first thing that came to mind when this happened was one I wanted to prove that the devil is real. I basically, you did well. You gotta be talking to somebody.
Speaker 2: It doesn't come up a lot. But Langston loves evil and evil things.
Speaker 1: I'm not a good guy. I'm a real I'm a real bad boy.
Speaker 2: Is he's a good guy on paper, That's how you know he's bad. He just wants it in his heart.
Speaker 1: Yeah, love it a game, baby. But but I wanted. I wanted to find if there's any evidence that would substantiate the devil being real and thus this conspiracy theory having some truth to it. And unfortunately, when you look up is the devil real? It mostly comes back with churches and colleges that are are like rooted to a church where it's like a such a Christian college that it literally just is feeding a church facility, And so all of their information is being like, of course he's real. It's all in this book. It's like, yeah, dog, I get that, the.
Speaker 5: Bible, all these fires, of course the devil is real.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: They're like they're like anybody who says it isn't is doing exactly what the devil wants them to do.
Speaker 4: And it's like, all right, big man, I get it. Fuck, okay, I give up. But but what I.
Speaker 1: Did find somehow in the middle of this was a video of someone claiming that they had in fact caught the devil on camera. And I'm excited for for us to share this now. Olivia has it all, so I.
Speaker 2: Wants to be that video of terry crews and white girls.
Speaker 1: Oh you think this is just me pulling a brank?
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I think the devil. I'm sorry that clear?
Speaker 1: So is this proof that the devil exists? Was the name of the video in Olivia? You can play it whenever?
Speaker 8: Is this proof that the devil exists? The devil has been talked about and worshiped for thousands of years, even before humans started documenting things. It's thought that the devil existed and was believed in, but in all of that time, we have yet to find concrete proof until maybe right now now.
Speaker 2: A video was.
Speaker 8: Surfaced from Saudi Arabia where two people are wandering through an abandoned office building at night. The video was posted by horror cast one and as we can see, the two people stop for a moment and then notice something at the hall. Was the humanoid looking figure that rushes that when they.
Speaker 4: Get that was just a lady. That was a lady running for her life for men who are holding flashlights with the gun. On the other hand, that's that's.
Speaker 2: Nothing else was Yeah, that was. That was.
Speaker 1: Somebody in Saudi Arabia.
Speaker 4: Arabia is gonna recognize her from the back and be like I fucked that lady, as that's a lady I've been with.
Speaker 2: Oh that was. That was the worst ever. I thought some koul was gonna have the Devil's just a tiny lady.
Speaker 1: My favorite part of it was the build up. It took so long for us to even get to the footage. It's all these these.
Speaker 5: It was such an obvious five five woman with long hair, and.
Speaker 1: She fits a police description. People are looking for that lady. You could be solving a person's problems and instead you're making up fictions about the devil.
Speaker 5: So how come the devil can't just be somewhere like Wisconsin? Why I gotta be like Saudi Arabia.
Speaker 4: Because that's all part of the video. They're like, where's the most evil place, filthy people on the planet Earth who don't.
Speaker 1: Believe in ship.
Speaker 4: We believe in Saudi Arabia. We're gonna put the devil there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I was like this, I was like, keep going as as they said, I'll hear you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that's really what they were like, Nah, we're gonna make this the most abusing the people we can video it possible.
Speaker 5: Looked like those man and I am legend. You remember where he wanted at Dart And they was like, that's what I look like.
Speaker 2: I thought, what's that one Baphomet with the goat legs? Oh, isn't that the one they say is modeled after the Devil?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 1: My My familiarity with the goat leg people is more from the Lion, the Witch, and the wardrobe.
Speaker 2: I thought you were going to say from Jamaican students.
Speaker 4: Nah, I presume that's regular goat.
Speaker 1: That's not like a man goat.
Speaker 2: I mean he's got to go ahead to right.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, the devil. I think when he has the legs, he has the head too. I don't think he's like a mermaid in that sense.
Speaker 5: Can I ask y'all something while I have too men here with beards? Is it is it a goat t or is it a goat T?
Speaker 2: Man? I mean, I'll talk about another conspiracy theory.
Speaker 1: Wow, I've always presumed goat T. But I know that that is that is not the spelling The spelling is g O T e E. Are you g or g o A t e e?
Speaker 2: Goat e?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Goat yeah go t interesting, but but it I think that was them. My argument would be they mushed them teas into a single T and let that ride. I think the root were is goat tea.
Speaker 2: Because goats have them, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they got those sweet goat beards.
Speaker 2: I never had just to go tea. Good for you, fucking professional podcast. You just have to die to nost I understand.
Speaker 1: No, I'm not. I was about to defend myself.
Speaker 4: I was gonna say that I I did, in fact have a go tea, and and I I had a lot.
Speaker 1: I have a lot of shame about just that. So yeah, I think it seems like you could do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's crazy. You gotta think face with a goatee, you look like insane.
Speaker 1: I'll say this. I think that because so many light skinned UH heroes as it were, our our light skinned heroes often bear the goatee, and they they ultimately don't that it becomes an embarrassing thing to say. You're you're you're doing the Shamar Moore, You're doing the the Michael.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't know somebody stronger. I don't know a man stronger. Name is stronger man than Shamar Moore Beford. No, you're out of your mind. We beat, we beat, we have beat.
Speaker 11: I don't know the the universe has beat the fuck out of samar More for the past twenty five years, and he's felt nothing.
Speaker 2: He truly, that's true.
Speaker 1: It's gotta be don't feel a punch.
Speaker 5: That that was a big.
Speaker 1: He's he's not afraid of nothing. We're saying. We keep pulling up his old trained videos and calling him gay. We won't stop calling him gay, and he just stays buff and hair.
Speaker 8: Weird.
Speaker 1: The man was bald and didn't even address it with us. He just kept being sexy.
Speaker 5: We let him have it. He's only fifty three.
Speaker 2: That sounds bro.
Speaker 1: That's that's an unbeatable character. And I of course he's the king. He's the king of light skin. I don't care what anybody said.
Speaker 2: He really brought me aloud. I was I was making funnier. You're right. I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: He's everything that that you say. We represent so so we haven't s unkind.
Speaker 5: You're right, Sam Moore, we apologize to you as I apologize.
Speaker 2: Man, he takes a looking and keeps on taking.
Speaker 1: But honestly, I'm not sure that you know what. I don't apologize because I'm not sure that without without that ass beating that you continue to receive, that you could stay as great as you do. So thank you for your sacrifice, Chamar Moore. You are the reason I stand during the national anthem. You are my everything. Thank you.
Speaker 2: That's what I say the freeway.
Speaker 1: Okay, So so unfortunately.
Speaker 5: No more podcast now.
Speaker 1: Man, I really wish he wasn't. But he's the fucking king.
Speaker 2: Isn't there another one who was just as who's the one.
Speaker 1: More than him?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Kojo, he's like because though, yeah, he ain't got it like Shamar.
Speaker 5: Dude, I've never heard Sam's name just by yourself.
Speaker 2: It's crazy. It's crazy.
Speaker 1: You guys don't know him like I know him. You don't have the connection that I have. One of the things that gets pointed to when we talk about this potential theory being real is that in Greek mythology, Hades, the god of the underworld, their version of the devil, to some extent, is said to have married Persephone, who's the daughter of Demeter, who is basically mother Nature, which then leads Demeter to refuse to make the earth fertile until Persephone is able to come back to Earth. Do we remember this story from Greek mythology?
Speaker 10: Am I?
Speaker 5: Every time I hear Greek mythology as an adult, I listen for real. So now I get it?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: So yeah, Hades basically steals Demeter's daughter and forces her Demean ain't that or not demeandor Demeter? Uh demait uh dem she When he steals her daughter, Persephone, he he marries her down in the underworld. They fight, or rather she she refuses to make the earth fertile so long as Persephone is away. Eventually they reach an agreement that I think during you know, a certain point in the year, Persephone will be allowed to return to Earth that like the devil feels Hades feels so bad, I think, or some ship that he allows her to Yeah, and that spring and summer where Persephone is allowed to revisit family and shit, and then she has to descend back to Hades in autumn and winter.
Speaker 5: Oh so the tears could be from when she's like, please, the earth needs me, please let me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, He's like, bitch, I'm that.
Speaker 2: Every goddamn March thirty first. It's the same thing. I don't know when spring starts.
Speaker 1: March thirty first, then you know that spring solstice, you know.
Speaker 4: March thirty first, where we associate with blooming and blossoming of flowers.
Speaker 2: I'm saying that's the beginning of the season because she's here all season.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, yeah, I think she hangs out for the whole of it. And the reason the spring, I believe is her path up to Earth and then summer is her fully like we get to kick it for a season kind of.
Speaker 2: Also, by the way, the virtual equinox March nineteen twentieth or twenty first, don't make me feel like I'm a cycle back. That's a very reasonable guess. All right, that's ten days off and I have no training.
Speaker 1: I won't take my lass back. I still had I still had fun at your expense.
Speaker 5: Also, they still do be blizzards here in Chicago, so I don't know. I don't know what spring is until July.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we I'm from I'm from a city where it is cold as fuck all the time. So yeah, I'm gonna pretend like you're wrong, and frankly you're from You're from a city that way too, So maybe.
Speaker 2: That's like a common misconception. We have like three of the days of sunshine a year. Okay, it's really not as cool as like the inner Midwest. Wow.
Speaker 1: Wow, I hope your team doesn't win again.
Speaker 2: How about that?
Speaker 1: I hope that's the last one you all ever see.
Speaker 12: Okay.
Speaker 1: So so that is a potential maybe suggestion inside of this thing. There is also another I guess source of where this all comes from the phrase itself can actually be traced back hundreds of years.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 1: The first recording of this phrase is in seventeen oh three in a French play to go and thrash him round the churchyard as the devil does his wife in rainy weather when the sun shines.
Speaker 2: So who was the playwright? I don't know, motherfucker.
Speaker 1: Some French, some.
Speaker 5: French white man was allowed to read right.
Speaker 1: Frenchman, which is French plays and people. I don't know. Sometimes I write it down and sometimes like, oh that ain't that? Ain't that interesting? What's his name?
Speaker 2: Shock?
Speaker 1: I don't know, Jean.
Speaker 13: No, Michael, Michael, Michael, Michael, you gotta stop being a phony and yourself you Michael nigga.
Speaker 1: But but additionally, and boy, you'll love this. Jonathan Swift used it in seventeen thirty eight and said the devil was beating his wife behind the door when with a shoulder of mutton. Damn he he had it.
Speaker 2: Why would I love that?
Speaker 1: Just because I had a name? Not the quote.
Speaker 2: It's okay.
Speaker 1: I just wanted you to know that I had a name this time Mutton a mutton. That's like, yeah, can he beating her up with a big old ship?
Speaker 2: That's that's that's that's gotta hurt and be bloodymb.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's not that's not a safe house anymore.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, no, we got to go get her.
Speaker 1: We gotta get the Devil's.
Speaker 5: Fun that detail that it was behind a closed door.
Speaker 1: Yeah no, he's not going to do it in front of his friends.
Speaker 2: No, He's like, no, no, no, no, no, she's fine.
Speaker 1: Yeah no, that was a good guy. He wouldn't do that, right, That's what his friends were saying.
Speaker 2: Wouldn't be. It's all over here to play cards. He's gonna go upstairs and.
Speaker 1: Come on there.
Speaker 2: Sure.
Speaker 1: He raises his voice sometimes he's aggressive.
Speaker 2: You've seen him play. He's passionate.
Speaker 1: Oh men are bad.
Speaker 4: We're we're sitting there doing bits on on the evils that get perpetuated in fucking patriarchy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, on to the devil, which makes it okay I hate that guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh phew, I'm glad we're getting away with it.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: It feels like it feels like in some ways this is just sort of a a perpetuation of bars, right like that one dude just wrote this down and everybody was like, that's so crazy. I'm gonna write that shit too, until it becomes their their equivalent of more money, more problems, you know what I mean, Where it's just like damn, he was spitting so hard that it just became a part of the way we talk.
Speaker 5: And I think it got to somebody in slavery did not did not read that quote, but had it read to them, and that was all we needed. Yeah, you where to live on for a lifetime.
Speaker 2: It's not going anywhere.
Speaker 1: Just one real charming slave was like, this is what it is. When they were like, that's it, this is us forever.
Speaker 5: That's what's happening when it rains. Period.
Speaker 2: Ya figured it out next.
Speaker 1: So additionally, there's there's another version that was recorded in eighteen ninety three and Inwards weather lore in a nigga's weather lord Y, that's not what I meant, But now that's what I wish it was. That's absolutely what it should be, is a nigga's weather lord. But no, it was a white man named Inward.
Speaker 2: Why are you doing this?
Speaker 4: This is I think this is my mama told me who's on first? I think this is the closest we're gonna get. It's like, no, his name is Inward. No nigga, ah, no, niggas in the word.
Speaker 2: I don't give a dog.
Speaker 5: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: But but this, this gentleman wrote in eighteen ninety three, if he's based I I n W A R D s Okay.
Speaker 5: They named him after a word.
Speaker 1: They named him after a vine, you know what I mean. They were like, this is really popping right now. You're gonna be in word culture. Ain't never gonna wake up on this. You N word?
Speaker 5: Oh man, I'm an adopted little white boy named him Inward.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's my son. N word. He's just like all of y'all. Baby.
Speaker 14: Don't you let them boys tell you you any different. You an inn word too, where it counts on the inside. You an N word on paper?
Speaker 1: So uh so, he writes, if it rains while the sun is shining, the devil is beating his grandmother. Apparently he took it to somewhere a lot weirderdam like that. Yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Don't want to put it on I don't want to put it on levels.
Speaker 7: But that's the worst thing I've ever heard grandma's But grandma is crazy his own grandmother yea, a.
Speaker 5: Grandmother in law?
Speaker 2: His grandmas mom.
Speaker 1: Who do you think the Devil's dad is? Because you think the devil is Terry Crews? We've that's that's well established cannon here for my mama told me you believe the devil is Terry Crews? Who is Terry Crews? Is daddy inside of this?
Speaker 2: Charles Luckily?
Speaker 1: Whoa?
Speaker 2: I think that been through enough and I'm afraid he'll find out and beat me up, beat your ass. I bet he could still fight like a couple. Yeah, Dad, I don't got it. I don't know. I gotta come back next week.
Speaker 1: I'll say this to me, the Devil's dad, And I don't mean this to be down on him, but it feels like a Gene Hackman kind of character to me. He's very gruff and sort of cigarette smoky, and you've been eighty eight your entire life. Somehow that that's the Devil's dad. He's hard, hard man.
Speaker 5: Or like Archie Bunker, like Antoniozonio.
Speaker 2: He's sexy to you.
Speaker 5: Did you know Antonio Benderaz was only sixty two years old? Did you not think he was eighty five?
Speaker 1: I thought I thought he was younger.
Speaker 2: If I'm in, I thought he.
Speaker 5: Was seventy my whole life. He's been on for a long long time, for a long time, but he's only sixty two.
Speaker 1: He's just so handsome. Yeah, he still got it.
Speaker 2: I think that the Devil is sexy, though. I think his whole family is probably really.
Speaker 1: Sexy, even like the patriarchs of the family when they get old, they remained sexy all the way.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean we all remember the uncle junior grandpa junior situation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got you, yep, yeah, yeah, I can see that. And his daughter looked like Steph Curry. I can see that.
Speaker 6: Oh.
Speaker 1: More interesting, I think the then the phrase itself there seemed to be a fuck ton of other idioms and sort of like similar to like the way that that the grandma becomes a thing. It becomes a lot of saying specific to the devil in relation to raining all across the world. Right, that like everywhere across the world, raining with the sun is devil related. But sometimes it's like the devil digging in his booty, y'all.
Speaker 5: The devil whacking it again, y'all.
Speaker 1: That devil beating his me one more time, he coming on all of us.
Speaker 5: The one where he's beating his wife should be your least favorite.
Speaker 2: Well, the grandma one is my least favorite.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the grandma one is terrible.
Speaker 1: The grandma one is pretty bad.
Speaker 2: He sees what if she deserved it, though there is nothing that grandma can do to deserve it.
Speaker 5: Grandma, I can't wait, an evil ass grandma?
Speaker 1: Whoa you want to get to the point where somebody will fight you, where they're like ready to to go to blows with you at your old age?
Speaker 5: Peace on me. So I don't think they're gonna fight.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's devil's got it on him, Like, come on, even at his grandma's house, he's at war.
Speaker 5: What devil is war?
Speaker 2: Why he's got it on him? I bet he's got a stupid gun like a like a gold plated desert eagle, like, Oh, I could see that dumb gun. Yeah, and it's got it's got like an inscription on it. And it's a long inscription, you know what I mean. It ain't just like one phrase. It's he's got something to say with this motherfucker, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Like, I gotta take a second to read them, don't. I don't even know what this says. Yeah, and when you read it, you got to do it in that tupac bood that come with me. Otherwise the gun don't work. You gotta know, yeah, to know how to use it. Well, Lisa, I don't know that we did anything productive here today. I'd be lying if I said it felt like we solved any problems.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 1: I think it seems like you are still going to continue to believe that the devil is beating his wife when there are sunshowers.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, since somebody said it in seventeen hundreds, that makes it true. Sure, my internal conflict has moved along, it has progressed. I probably won't think about it until it rains and the sun is shining again, and then I'm gonna think about this, and then I'm gonna laugh so I think that's productive.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, so we we We offered a little bit of medicine.
Speaker 5: And this might be a good like halfway point as I think about it for the rest of my life.
Speaker 8: For me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just am I am?
Speaker 2: I still with it?
Speaker 1: Yes, I am going to move on? Is this really what I want to be? Damn right?
Speaker 3: It is?
Speaker 1: Here we go, Bory did where do you fall? How do you feel in the wake of all of this?
Speaker 2: You know, I'm worried about the Devil's granny. Uh, I still feel the same way I always felt about the Devil. I guess it doesn't it doesn't do anything. No, you're not you're not.
Speaker 1: You don't buy into the devil.
Speaker 2: I'd rather not speak on that right now.
Speaker 1: Okay, fair enough, I don't speaking. I don't I don't believe. I don't believe in the devil.
Speaker 2: I don't think. This feels like one of those things you don't want to be wrong about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I and I feel I feel silly documenting it.
Speaker 2: But because they always say he believes you, yeah.
Speaker 5: And he's using you right now, I mean, if he.
Speaker 2: Believes on me, honestly, thank you, I could have used that you're in childhood.
Speaker 1: I will say my chest is hot, so maybe maybe it is. Maybe that is the devil, but but no, I don't think it's real. I think come on, yo, curl up.
Speaker 5: Stop, come on, we've been through.
Speaker 12: Come on, well you're doing you know we call your family definite, won't make you do that.
Speaker 1: You just you just be acting up. Call your family. Lisa? Could you could you tell the people where they can find you and what cool ship you have going on?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 5: So I'm at Lisa b evolving everywhere and I'm not going to change it.
Speaker 10: I was.
Speaker 5: I was trying to do it so so the world can help me be affirmational. But I'm evolving too fast, so I might change it to Lisa be rich, so that can happen. Okay, So at Lisa be Evolving everywhere? What else you ask? You go to lisabiasley dot com. I have a really cute site. Is very cute. You can find me jobless right now, so you can find me available for work. Other than that, I just oh, I do a show at the Lave factory in Chicago once a month, the first Monday of every month. That's real cute. I'm gonna be there until they tell me to stop, or until I get a better job.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's what I would love to keep doing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's it all right. Well hell yeah, Bory, did you tell the people where they can find you?
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm going on tour in September, October and part of November and the Flyer and all that's gonna be coming out. But it's gonna be great. Ashville, Birmingham, places like that. Hell yeah, you'll watchers on HBO. I can subscribe. My mama told me go see us live.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Oh yeah, we're we we we haven't locked things in quite yet, but we're expecting that we're gonna be doing a little bit of live traveling sometime this year. So so keep your eye out because we're gonna be We're gonna be doing some shit on the road. Yeah, we're gonna we're gonna act up in your faces. Yeah, I might go crazy, but as always, you can follow me at Langston Kerman. Uh and and uh. You can send us your drops, your conspiracy theories. You can send us who you think the devil actually is and his daddy, all of it to my mama pod at gmail dot com. We would love to hear from you. Oh oh yeah, fuck yeah. If you're in Philly July sixth through eighth, you can come see me at the punchline. I'll be there and then uh yeah there's some other ship moving around and stuff, but yeah that that'll happen soon. So Philly, what's up?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: We did everything, Bye, bitch.
Speaker 10: We're gonna kill you and fuck your women. Sounds wholesome, doesn't.
Speaker 6: My grown chips and your babes a Kuala bears are racist. The Ostal Layers, money, turkey stuff.
Speaker 3: I can't tell me