Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe, Katty Armstrong.
Speaker 2: And Getty and he Armstrong and Yetty. Did you watched India last night? Michael? Did you watch Anhima? I saw the Force Quarter? Oh really?
Speaker 3: How was it?
Speaker 2: It was great?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Oklahoma's got to be worried. Indiana has the ability to come back on anybody anytime.
Speaker 2: I just love Indiana. Wow, how did you have that? I know you are. You are an idiot savant.
Speaker 4: If everybody is saying, uh, nobody can touch the Oklahoma City Thunder and you lose game one on your home court.
Speaker 2: That's sick. That gets your attention.
Speaker 3: What our grandma showers? No, it's not when your mom is a little gamy after exercize. It's something different, grandma showers. M good lord, it's not when granny needs to get the funk offer.
Speaker 2: Oh boy.
Speaker 4: And continuing updates of the feud that's shaking the earth, Trump Musk, there's an updates?
Speaker 2: Yeah, there actually is. Okay, it's kind of now. People are weighing in from the Peanut Gallory.
Speaker 3: It was something for Elon to retweet an impeachment tweet, although he made the point. I don't know if it was the same tweet or not. He made the point that if the Dems take the House, or he was saying, the tariffs are going to cause a recession, which is going to cause the Dems to take the House, and they will impeach Trump.
Speaker 2: That'll be the whole two years as lets you know.
Speaker 3: The National Review podcast the other day and they went around, if Dems take the House, will they impeach Trump?
Speaker 2: One hundred percent yes, every one of them. Oh yeah, I don't think they're wrong.
Speaker 3: I wonder over what, I don't know, pick anything, the Muslim band, the you know, whatever you want to do with Tariff's name.
Speaker 4: Something Harvard, something exactly. So this is not a rhetorical question. We don't have to answer it now. But what kind of person doesn't I mean, given how closely they worked for a while, even if it was kind of phony and just for politics and all, what kind of person doesn't like one or two tweets in pick up the phone and say, hey, this is getting kind of ugly.
Speaker 2: Let's talk.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't but I wouldn't engage in it in the first place. So it's kind of hard to put myself in that place. I'm putting myself in a place I would never get. I can't imagine reacting that way publicly. I just can't even imagine it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I just I just have always always been a believer in a not hitting send when you're angry, and b if it's a good idea to say it today, it'll still be a good idea tomorrow.
Speaker 2: So why don't you think about it?
Speaker 4: I think about how you want to play those cards and not shoot your mouthfall.
Speaker 3: I want to discuss the term alpha male after we do clips of the week, also, because that kept coming up yesterday.
Speaker 2: All right, very good.
Speaker 4: Now I'm not agreeing to it because I'm sort of sort of beta male. I'm also an alpha male and agree with Jack the alpha male.
Speaker 2: I'm a Charlie male. I'm way down of the road. I don't take murders from.
Speaker 3: Nobody or Delphi or something. It's Friday tradition, It's beloved. Let's take a fond look back at the week that was. It's cow clips of the week.
Speaker 2: Well breaking news, the lasser raptor mounted Border patrol agents. I think it's gonna be big. The Slips of the week.
Speaker 3: Russia reeling from Ukraine's astonishing and unprecedented drone attacks.
Speaker 2: More than forty aircraft ablaze.
Speaker 4: We also have stronger tactical solutions. Our operation Spider Web yesterday proved that.
Speaker 2: I made it very clear. He said, we have no choice but to attack. With Elon Musk and Donald Trump are going through a divorce.
Speaker 5: You know, I was like disappointed to see the massive spending bow rank.
Speaker 2: Wat Elon Musk and I agree. I agree with Elon Musk.
Speaker 3: Elon and I.
Speaker 2: Had a great relationship. I don't know what well anymore.
Speaker 3: I was surprised Musk and writing time to drop the really big bomb.
Speaker 2: Trump is in the Epstein files. That is the real reason they've not been made public. And then he said he's got a problem. The poor guy's got a problem. President Trump tonight should sign an executive order and seize SpaceX tonight before midnight. Witnesses say Solomon was dressed like a gardener.
Speaker 4: Solomon brought eighteen Molotov cocktails for the park.
Speaker 2: He was about to use a makeshift flamethrower and all I saw was someone on fire.
Speaker 3: The Travel Band is indeed back, and nothing will stop us from Keeping America, saying, Chris.
Speaker 2: Scares the hell out of me. I've been doing this for forty years because we don't have I love people.
Speaker 6: Show and discus momination.
Speaker 2: What I have decided to do is to follow my own compass.
Speaker 1: I don't make my kids go to school the last couple of days of school.
Speaker 2: I don't see the point is how should eat a banana? Now? We don't pick it up and peel it like a primate. Instead, we use a knife and fork. In my target that used to have the pride section. It's now all USA.
Speaker 6: Heay.
Speaker 7: Just a few hours later, mom and dad and little sister Gizmo together eating a fish.
Speaker 2: Nancy has a headache and requires treatment. I will need about an hour and a bottle of USTe Spermonte.
Speaker 6: Show tap down the shade, Maybe we do man.
Speaker 2: So Michael's got his phone out with the light on, swaying back and forth.
Speaker 4: That's the wonder we were in a malaise in the seventies that pop music sucks the will to live out of me.
Speaker 3: The summer anthem. I blame Jimmy Carter for bread and and and the math works there. I blame bread for Jimmy Carter. They sucked the masculinity out of America.
Speaker 2: Speaking of the.
Speaker 3: NBA Finals last night, so uh, Indiana heavy underdogs they win at Okay see upset. Jay Z had put a million dollars down that OKC wins in five and now they would have to win four straight, which has only happened a couple of times in NBA history. But the story behind the story on that is he has three hundred and fifty million dollars invested in the company fan Fanatics, which is online sports gambling thing. He has three hundred and fifty million and now you've heard about that company because he invested a million dollars in the the bet. And obviously, even if he loses the fact that he got millions and millions of dollars in free advertisement for this company he's invested in, that's the whole point, right right, Yeah, yeah, smart listening stunt. And he's married to current country music champion Beyonce.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: Now, other things that we teased, what are grandma showers? It's another way for families to celebrate newborn's. I guess it's caught on as a thing. The internet is clapped back, calling it peake narcissism. Okay, you found one tweet where somebody complained about it, But anyway, it's a new thing like reveal parties and whatever grandma showers or grand baby showers in addition to all the other things that you do, and then you post online and get like, so knock yourself out. If you're that sort of person, if you're incredibly social and you like that sort of thing.
Speaker 4: Go for it.
Speaker 2: I don't come from it. Don't demand everybody else go to it, please? Right?
Speaker 3: Ah? Okay, so I heard several times yesterday the whole well, what do you expect when you've got two alpha males? Trump and Elon going at it like that? How do you define alpha male? The way it's used thrown around all the time, not like the dictionary definition, but the way it's used all the time, because I think it's misapplied regularly. Just because you lose your temper and shoot off a bunch of stuff you didn't need to, that doesn't necessarily make you an alpha male or or or the other.
Speaker 2: I guess it's the other that's more important. Point. The fact that you don't do that doesn't mean you're not an alpha male. I mean, agree yeah, I don't. I don't use the term to mean that.
Speaker 3: I don't use the term ever because I think it's gotten all kinds of twisted in kind of weird ways that.
Speaker 2: I don't like. Yeah, yeah, yeah, No. To me, it's just it is a uh a.
Speaker 4: Dynamic man, a leader somebody others look up to, just in general.
Speaker 3: Okay, well that's interesting. Usually it goes with like kinda I think maybe this is my own head. But when people throw it around, it's kind of a loud, aggressive sort of person. And I was thinking about, remember, no, not to you.
Speaker 2: That's not the way I see it now.
Speaker 3: I think that's why it's used like with Elon and Trump yesterday and whenever you're around, And it's usually people like that. And and the reason I don't like that, I think your definition is better. I think about our our old boss, you know, radio Station be for this one, when we were doing soft rock.
Speaker 2: He was as like.
Speaker 3: Gentle and quiet and and and maybe even meek would be a fair word to put on him.
Speaker 2: As anybody's I've ever known. And he was in charge of the whole place and really really good at it.
Speaker 4: I would agree completely. Yeah, it's an interesting new sample and I don't think a lot of people would consider him alpha male. But he was in charge of everything and got that way for a reason and continued to be in charge of things throughout his career.
Speaker 2: So, uh yeah, what an interesting example.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he led through thoughtful uh consideration and conversation and good decisions.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah. Interesting.
Speaker 3: So I don't know, does that is he an alpha male or not? He's literally the alpha male affle person in that building.
Speaker 4: He might be the ultimate alpha male in that he is confident in the way he does things and if somebody came on like a blow hard, which is that negative, you know, kind of way to use the term, he would just wait.
Speaker 2: Him out and he would win that battle.
Speaker 3: If people were using the definition the way you use it, I have no problem with it whatsoever. But I think and I'm not a guy that believes that, you know, I don't like the toxic masculinity term or whatever, but I feel like that that's what they go for when they use the term alpha male. It's anybody that's like, what kind of a jackass really is an alpha male? You know, like, what's his name? Ramsey from the Cooking Show? Okay, so you yell at people in belittle. Oh yeah, I don't like using that sort of thing as like a you get a cool title for that.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Tell me what is an alpha male? Is that what we got going on here? The beating their chest and whizzing on each other's tree with Elon and Trump. All right, let's play who's your favorite Ramsey? Gordon Ramsey, Dave Ramsey or this is a streat Egyptian pharaoh Ramses the second? Actually, because I try to be careful with my money, I'm gonna go with dad. We have a winner alpha male thing way on in that, among other things we got coming up. Here's our text line four one five two nine five KFTC. My son is done with school and he's got big weekends planned with his friends and is about as excited as anybody can be. And I was trying to remember how great that feeling is when school gets out. It is something else.
Speaker 2: The high school parking lot, believe how hop happy you are now? And he's a high school now.
Speaker 3: So the high school parking lot was full of, you know, for the older kids who can drive cars, jam and music and laughter and everybody headed off to their summer lives whatever they are when you're fifteen through eighteen years old.
Speaker 2: Holy crap. Yeah, good times. Yeah, I'd say so.
Speaker 4: Enough politics for the moment. At least some interesting stories from the world of business and or science. Here's a startup wants to help parents rank their embryos for longevity. Actually, I should have alerted Katie that we're going to be talking about IVF.
Speaker 2: But once again, of the emphasis is on length of life. That's your health, among other things.
Speaker 4: Prospective parents using IVF will soon be able to rank embryos using genetic and other information in the hopes of extending the longevity of their offspring. According to this startup, Nucleus plans to charge six thousand dollars for an analysis of up to nine hundred conditions, including diseases that occur later in life in our major causes of death in older people, such as Alzheimer's disease, arts disease, and cancers. The company will analyze up to twenty embryos for you four six thousand dollars, some twenty five year old entrepreneur.
Speaker 2: Scientists. Dude, it might be legit, it might be Elizabeth Holmes. I don't know. It's kind of sort of similar to the analysis you had done, right, Katie, somewhat.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's more doing genetic testing that falls into my bloodline or into Drew's blood line.
Speaker 2: But yeah, that's.
Speaker 7: It's pretty amazing. We're getting real close to playing god with some of these things.
Speaker 1: Though.
Speaker 3: Well, I know you wanted an embryo that would turn out to be a good dancer and have a really solid jaw line, so you had them screen.
Speaker 2: For that, right, that was tough priority. Actually, yeah, I agree. We don't know. I mean I could, I would I do it? I don't know, but I can.
Speaker 3: Obviously you'd love the idea of if you can genetically modify out the tendency and your family to have some horrible cancer. Well, we don't know what goes with that tendency. We don't know what's combined with that as a personality trade or other thing.
Speaker 2: We don't know. Yeah, it's conceivable. There's a tie there, you know.
Speaker 4: I think I may have come up with some sort of philosophical dividing line, not that it do anybody any good, but because they mentioned that IVF, doctors and clinics routinely offered a test embryos for chromosomal abnormalities that could cause like down syndrome, or let prospective parents know that at risk of having a child with a lethal disease caused by a mutation in a single gene.
Speaker 2: I think everybody's.
Speaker 4: Pretty comfortable with eliminating negatives. It's when you start demanding quote unquote positives that it starts to get a little weird.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean, you can screen for to make sure your child doesn't have a terrible debilitating condition or it's like super likely to get cancer or something like that. But taller, more handsome, Yeah, good dancer. That starts to get weird.
Speaker 3: Anytime you start playing this though, I'm thinking of several famous examples of people who really were ass kickers because the men in their family, the last couple of generations had died young. Yeah, and so they felt like they probably didn't have a lot of time, so they Mickey Mantle baseball player, not important stuff, but that's what motivated him as to to work as hard as he did. Teddy Roosevelt probably the best example. There's lots of them.
Speaker 2: So do we is it good for mankind to eliminate that? I don't actually know, But so.
Speaker 4: We're going to be a race of big good looking, shallow real estate agents. Not that there's anything wrong with real estate agents, but just kind of charmingly handsome, just but never any difficulties.
Speaker 2: Or dancing real estate agents. Dancing real estate we have great rhythm. You know.
Speaker 4: I should have known we'd get off on a tangent on this topic because it's such an interesting one. I've got a couple other things to talk about, including modular homes. If you think of modular homes as kind of a cheaper, somewhat embarrassing, you know, substitute for a real built house, think again. The technology is leapt forward and they're thinking it could be a fabulos thing for disaster sites.
Speaker 2: You were wrong, you idiot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're a stupid idiot and should take a long look at yourself. But Alta, Dina, California hurricane sites. It's all about the manufactured homes.
Speaker 2: I'm talking about Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 7: Wall Street Journal this week published a guide on how people can pass frequent flyer miles down to their errors after they die.
Speaker 2: Tip number one fly into Newark. Wow, So why is this happening?
Speaker 8: Hold interesting?
Speaker 2: Okay, there are donuts all over the place today.
Speaker 3: I wrote up the elevator with someone several boxes of donuts or donuts all over the radio station. Today is National Donut Day, in which Tim Sanderford tweeted out, let's all agree that we should spell donut doug.
Speaker 2: H U T, which I've never spelled it that way. I'm just a do n ut guy. A rube. Does it make me a rube?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Okay, clearly does. That's the dividing line.
Speaker 4: We non rubes have secretly used that for a measuring stick all these years.
Speaker 2: That's pretty funny National Donut Day.
Speaker 3: I have not had one yet, as I had a very good weight on the scale this morning and I'm happy about that. It's funny how if you're losing weight, it motivates you to lose more weight and be more disciplined. Oh yeah, and when you're if you gain, it's like, what the hell difference does it make? I might as well to donate. And I was telling my son the same thing about working out yesterday. He felt like he could actually feel his arms being firmer, and I said, yeah, that's what really. You know, you start to get motivated lifting weights when you start to see results.
Speaker 2: You think, wow, I can change the way I look yeah and feel definitely.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I'm wracked with guilt now because I haven't been in the gym lately other than my weekly thing.
Speaker 3: That I gained like five to six pounds during whooping cough because of printing his own and laying around on all kinds.
Speaker 2: Of different things. And it's not good for me. My face as round as a basketball. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So back to what we were talking about before the break. I found this very interesting, partly because I've got this weird fixation with real estate and houses and that sort of thing. I just find them interesting. But they start this article talking about a guy in Alta, Dina's childhood home burnt down and he was determined to rebuild it as it was before the wildfires, which is kind of sentimental and sweet. I guess I would have just built the better, newer house, but anyway, he figured out his homes insurance policy would only cover a fraction of the estimated seven hundred grand to rebuild the house, not a big house at all. Then he stumbled across this company that sells prefabricated homes as pieces and factories, then assembles them on site.
Speaker 2: It's called Happy Homes HAPI.
Speaker 4: The company said it could build a home for two hundred grand less than the cost of a traditional construction and doing less than half the time. And they mentioned that the whole prefab house thing used to exist, like on the edges of home building as kind of low quality skews me houses. But they mentioned that now companies use modular construction, three D printing, or other non traditional methods, and they're trying to break into the mainstream by offering faster and less costly alternatives, especially in places ravaged by natural disasters. They're thinking that's their big opportunity.
Speaker 3: Interesting, well, they've always and there's always been really good versions of them. I've known plenty of people that had whatever you want to call them mobile homes or whatever, that were really really nice. But then I've lived in a couple that were incredibly crappy. I mean it's like the walls were were like paper.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah. So listen to this, would you.
Speaker 4: Jason Ballard's the chief executive for ic On, a company that makes three D printed homes. They use giants three D printers to squeeze layers of concrete into the framing for a house. And I'm looking at a picture right now, we can post this article at Armstrong and Giddy dot com under hot links.
Speaker 2: But they are they are concrete houses that look.
Speaker 4: Not like a rest stop bathroom. They've got a little contour, a little style.
Speaker 3: A little you're selling me this with the idea that this house looks like a rest stop bathroom.
Speaker 4: Well no, I just said it doesn't in a way that like concrete houses can. Being familiar both with fire country and hurricane country in my travels, some people decide, my priority is to build something that can withstand anything, but you got to be careful that it doesn't look like a rest stop bathroom.
Speaker 2: You're the third little pig exactly. Yes, And and these houses are pretty good looking.
Speaker 4: I mean, you're not gonna see them like in upscale custom home developments. But this is no El Chiapo Cheapo. In fact, this is the proverbial brick poop house.
Speaker 3: Interesting.
Speaker 2: Uh, I might throw a few bucks in investing in one of these places.
Speaker 3: I lived in a mobile home in college for my senior year, my final year of college, and my roommate and I Rusty and I lived there and it was the rent was one hundred and twenty dollars a month.
Speaker 2: And I'm old. But that was nothing then, I mean that was nothing.
Speaker 3: Then it was ridiculous. We paid sixty two dollars and fifty cents each in rent every month.
Speaker 2: Wow, that wasn't per man that was the total. Yeah, and people were laughing. Then it's And it was such a crap hole. It was just like it was made out of paper.
Speaker 3: And there were mushrooms around the toilet because the carpet had gotten so wet for so many years.
Speaker 2: Actually was growing fung guy up out of the floor. Oh man, if it was windy, your hair would get messed up. Yeah.
Speaker 4: When I was a kid, we lived in a ground floor apartment, crappy apartment complex, and it would rain and there would be all sorts of leaks and there would be mushroom in the carpets in the hallways, not inside park.
Speaker 3: Okay, I thought I was the only one that had ever had mushrooms indoors, like a No, this is in suburban Chicago land kind of working class back in the seventies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 3: It was pretty nasty, but you know what, my Paris worked hard and got us out of there and on the bigger and better things. Well, on the upside is a college kid of living in a crappy place is you don't have to worry that much about taking care of it. And we would have We would play darts a lot, and we put the dart board all the way down the hallway in the kitchen, and you have to try to throw the dart so hard and.
Speaker 2: Flat like a like a like a baby pitch to really fire.
Speaker 3: Yeah, through the hallway all the way to the kitchen, maybe constantly sticking in the walls of the ceiling room.
Speaker 4: Places like crap, right right, yeah, So this is an interesting story from the world of science that perhaps I don't know, Donald J. Trump and Elon Musk might listen to. Really interesting. The neuroscience of vengeance. Hmmm, now you got my attention.
Speaker 3: It can be as addictive as drugs. I like to serve piping hot. How should you serve vengeance?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: No, no again, you rue no cold?
Speaker 3: Uh? And that forgiveness works like detox neurologically speaking, can you get addicted to revenge?
Speaker 2: Wow? This this writer is actually talking about This is.
Speaker 3: A troubling notion. And I think I can pick people I feel like I've done that in their lives. Yeah, yeah, or family, you know what this is so interesting.
Speaker 2: It's longish.
Speaker 4: He talks about his childhood and some really significant ugly stuff as a kid, and his family and revenge, and then he says, I didn't get revenge that night, but I eventually went into the professional revenge business. I became a lawyer. The way I saw lawyers get paid a lot for selling revenge to the masses. Wow, and getting revenge from my clients occupied the next twenty years of my life. And then then he says how it affected his life, and he said, it seems like I was addicted to revenge, but so were people everywhere.
Speaker 2: Gives a bunch of examples. I began to hate what I did.
Speaker 4: For a living and descended into a professional and psychological crisis. One night, I found myself alone contemplating suicide. Can you become addicted to revenge? I stopped being a litigator and spent much of the next two decades trying to find out.
Speaker 2: Wow, Yeah, isn't that crazy.
Speaker 3: Don't you feel like you've known people that seem to be addicted to revenge? They're always they've always like they're always trying to.
Speaker 2: Get back at somebody.
Speaker 3: Just seems so time consuming and obviously takes up a lot of your mental efforts.
Speaker 4: I think we've all known families like that, that everybody wants to have a psychological advantage over someone else because they've been wrong.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, I haven't.
Speaker 4: It's yeah, break and I'll come back and tell you about We got some of the things the scientists figured out.
Speaker 2: We got a little tribute to D Day. We're going to do when we come back. I don't know, Sorry, No, it's going to be. Yeah, why don't we We got revenge on the Nazis? All right, I'll tell you what.
Speaker 4: Let's let's spend another minute ninety seconds on this then, and we'll come back with the D Day thing, because I absolutely love that idea.
Speaker 2: So anyway, this guy becomes obsessed.
Speaker 4: With the idea of being addicted to revenge, and he mentions that science right around them. Right around then, around twenty oh four or so, we're starting to get really good at brain scans and that sort of thing. Turns out that your brain on revenge looks very much like your brain on drugs. In an zero four study in the journal Science, participants were given the opportunity to retaliate against players who betrayed them during economic games, but at the cost of bankrupting themselves. PET scans of the brains showed activation of the dorsal stradium, part of the circuitry involved in habit formation and dediction. Then he describes a similar study. The brains of participants who did not seek revenge showed successful intervention by the prefrontal cortex, the area of the brain responsible for executive function and self control, which appears to be hijacked during addiction.
Speaker 3: Wow, I'm glad I've never had that happen. I think I feel like part of it is I'm too lazy for this. Grievances I have too bad a memory. I can't remember who I'm supposed to be angry at. Grievance is real or imagined, appear to cue the brain to crave revenge in much the same way that stress and anxiety are seeing. Drug paraphernalia or places or drug use cue the brains of addicts to crave narcotics.
Speaker 2: You crave revenge just like drugs.
Speaker 4: Addiction scientists describe this mechanism as part of the brain system for maintaining balance between pleasure and pain, calibrated partly by levels of dopamine blah, blah blah. You can be addicted to revenge and your brain looks just like a drug addict.
Speaker 2: How crazy is that? Well, watch out for that, I guess, and.
Speaker 3: Knowing that if it is an addiction, like all addictions, it's something you could get away from with effort. Probably Yeah. Wow, I hope we've helped at least one person with the show today. Well, we the Allies got revenge on the Nazis eighty one years ago. Today take that eight off, huh, A little tribute to that when we come back.
Speaker 8: This is London, London calling in the Home Overseas and European services of the BBC and through United Nations Radio Mediterranean, and this is John snag Speed, Supreme Headquarters, Allied Expeditionary Forts have just issued Communicate number one, and in a few seconds I will read it TOIL. Communicate number one. Under the command of General Eisenhower, Allied naval forces supported by strong air forces began landing Allied armies this morning on the northern coast of France. I repeat that Communica Communica number one, under the command of General Eisenhower, Allied naval forces supported by strong air forces began landing Allied Armies this morning on the northern coast of France. This ends the reading of Communicate number one from Supreme Headquarters, Expedition Revolse Ah.
Speaker 3: That was the very first announcement anywhere in the world that D Day had begun. And if you haven't watched Saving Private Ryan for that opening scene, what that would have been like I was in my mind as he was reading that.
Speaker 2: Of course.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And it's worth remembering is those words were being read. Everybody's like, oh my god, the effort to retake France's begun, and D Day might end up being disaster Day. Sure, the loss of you know, Europe to the Fascist Day, it might not have worked.
Speaker 3: And that was BBC, you know, broadcasting out of London, which just a couple of years earlier had been almost bombed out of existence, so not an academic matter for them at all. It reminded me hearing.
Speaker 2: That guy's voice.
Speaker 3: So just a few weeks ago in May, remember, we celebrated the eightieth anniversary of Victory in Europe Day and it got a lot of attention and we talked about.
Speaker 2: It a lot.
Speaker 3: I heard a feature on Public Radio NPR are a long like our long, full hour long feature on that was unbelievable. It was the best that sort of thing I'd ever heard in my life. As they went through the day from broadcast to broadcast New York, London, various cities, as the world became aware of the world of the war ending, and then statements from Churchill and Truman and whoever else, and it was just absolutely fantastic. And one, I was thinking, God, there's so many people I know would love this. I wish I could lurk to them to hear this. And two, of course, you can pull off something this fantastic. You don't have to live by the regular rules of commercial radio because you get taxpayer funding, so you can pull off something this complicated and expensive to put together.
Speaker 2: But it was so good.
Speaker 3: I don't know if it's available online or what. I'd never and I'd been a World War two buff for so many years and taken in so much so I'd never heard anything that good about the end of the warner ever.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, oh yeah, I'd like to hear that. I'll have to dig into some good d Day stuff today.
Speaker 3: Well, it's just it's hard to, I think, for a lot of people to conceive of the fact that we could have lost.
Speaker 2: It didn't have to turn out the way it turned out to where the good.
Speaker 4: Guys won, right, Yeah, which is why I made my comment, because it's easy to look back at history as inevitable or well, of course it was going to come out one way or another, or everybody knew. D Day meant that the victory was on the way now, right. It was very iffy and many months of bloody battles followed.
Speaker 5: You know, it's time for the final thought with Tom strug at Getty and you know, we hope it's about Elog because he went bad. He went so bad. He's a nasty guy, a nasty guy. We also heard that Joe's coming out with a new party called the Empiolic Kids. What a terrible idea, just to disgrace of a day, but the party and Joe's been an oyal guy, but now he's turning like e love. We Hopie comes to his Sits is a bunday, but.
Speaker 2: We'll have to see. That's kind of a combo Donald Trump Darth Vader thing there. I don't know what that is. It is pretty amusing. Yeah, here's you crically done. Who did that? As great? Here's your host for final thoughts, Joe.
Speaker 4: Getty, Hey, let's get a final thought from everybody on the crew to wrap things up for the day, beginning with our technic Cule director Michaelangelo. Michael final thought, all Right, I've decided I have got to get good at AI.
Speaker 3: I've got to find the best you know, Chat GBT, all the different AI apps and get good.
Speaker 2: At this stuff. Yeah, yeah, you might as well. We all need to. Katie Green are Esteemed Newswoman. As a final thought, Katie.
Speaker 7: I am one hundred percent chot team chat GPT. I'm using it more and more every day.
Speaker 3: It's something and then once once you get started in the habit, it's just it's it's there for so many things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's amazing.
Speaker 3: Jack. Final thought for us, I am fighting so hard the desire to eat a donut. Their donuts everywhere. I'm starving. It's National Donut Day. I feel like I'm a bad American if I don't take one.
Speaker 2: In something or something. Yeah.
Speaker 4: My final thought is getting back to the whole addicted to vengeance thing I was reading about. You know that feeling you get when somebody like cuts in line or is driving like a moron, and you really want to punish him, and you're imagining what you'd like to do. That pleasure is what people get addicted to actually doing.
Speaker 2: Hanson just came in with the box of donuts and waved them around my head. That was cool, not helpful. I was not helpful. Hey, why does he want me to be fat?
Speaker 3: Armstrong in Getty wrapping up another grueling for hour workday.
Speaker 2: Same reason A drunk wants everybody to drink. So many people saying, so little time.
Speaker 3: Go to Armstrong Yeddy dot com for the swag, the hotlings, Katie's corners, Katie's she only has one corner. Plus drop us a note something you see over the weekend we ought to be talking about. Send it along mail bag at Armstrongygetdy dot com. Corner spilled with the cake charming See you Monday. God bless America. Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 2: Is an unpredictable beast. What a powerful metaphor. I was wondering. You know what you felt about that? Whatever you say that and child, listen, it's one final message.
Speaker 1: It's child to put this word behind us. Just count down, Shade, have a great Friday.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Geddy