Speaker 1: Welcome to Pod Meets Twirl, the podcast from two guys who had never seen an episode of Dancing with the Stars but took it on and walked away experts. So now we turn to trade us another show I've never seen, while Will is convinced that he could win it. We are Wilferdell and Ryder Strong, two best friends, won a TV expert, one a TV skeptic, both dance scholars join us as we step into a castle full of lies, alliances, and over the top wardrobe choices. This is Pod meets Twirled trading places.
Speaker 2: Yes cue the Hood?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so are we just going to always have a video clip of view of the hood to start us off?
Speaker 3: I was just thinking the same thing. It's like if they use it every week, I'm just in always interest.
Speaker 1: It was just me in a hood for maybe you should just like spontaneously wear it halfway through an episode or like a good idea.
Speaker 3: I'm going to start dressing more and more like Alan Cumming because he's fabulous every week.
Speaker 1: Like he dyes his hair different colors. Yeah, can you wash that out that easily?
Speaker 2: I think you can't.
Speaker 3: I also think it's really bad for your hair to continually change colors.
Speaker 2: It's not healthy for your hair. I just I know that we died Indy's hair.
Speaker 1: He wanted to have blue hair when he was doing like a rock concert thing, and it was like it was blue forever. Oh god, it was so much blue, like blue all over the man.
Speaker 3: Like, I mean, you and I did weird ship with our hair, but you never did any colors.
Speaker 2: No, I mean, okay, so I did frosted tips.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I did that when I did the movie Buccanege at Ours and I got frosted tips because my brother was in it and we wanted to make sure we look different.
Speaker 2: So I wanted to have like lighter hair. And that's it. That's like the only, the only real dye. I did the same.
Speaker 3: I did frosted tips in the nineties, and then I did kind of a reddish orange for h double hockey sticks, right, that's right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I remember that they wanted like I wanted to like bleach my hair at one point when I was like ten, I wanted to like bleach the top of my hair because I think there was like a really cool kid on my soccer team who.
Speaker 2: Had like that like swoops, like a team. Oh my God, I imagine the hippy soccer team must have been interesting.
Speaker 3: You know, soccer's pick up and up, and it is because it's basically a big hacky sack.
Speaker 2: I get it. But anyway, my parents wouldn't let me, which is interesting to think about it now, Like, did you ever do son In? You remember son In? No?
Speaker 3: So son In was like this might have they might have stopped it because it's basically all carcinogens. I'm sure it was a spray bottle that you would spray in your hair and then when you stayed in the sun, it would make your hair lighter. So it was that it was like a sun bleaching process. Yeah, just really cool, but that's I'm sure it was horribly unhealthy. That's funny my scouts bleeding.
Speaker 4: Yeah, brought to buy son In by son In exactly.
Speaker 1: Okay, here we are finally we can cover an episode without knowing what the next episode is, just taking one at a time, Yeah, because a lot happens in one episode on this show, and when you get into it, like when we did four for our first like recording session, just too much, man, I think that like the show is so much better in little doses. Why do you think they did that. Why do you think they were released four in a row?
Speaker 2: I don't what.
Speaker 3: My guess is probably it's something along the lines of we still don't know what all the streaming numbers are. Right, So my guess is you take what has to be one of their biggest shows and you flood it because you want people to buy Peacock or download Peacock, because they want to get traders.
Speaker 2: And so my guess is that's why they do it.
Speaker 3: Why they do four and then three and then one or whatever they did three and then two and then one that I don't understand.
Speaker 2: That doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 3: It's like, okay, front load it, do three, but then do one after that.
Speaker 2: But no, I might answer to that is I do not know. Okay, well, at breakfast we learn no one was murdered, but we also learn plenty of salmon. The first thing you said.
Speaker 1: Okay, so they have to be developing a storyline here. Something is going to happen in like the the closing twist of it, because you would never leave all this in just as like a weird like joke, right right. It's so it's either like the great like an editor just having the funnest time in the world, or somebody's gonna like turn on somebody because they ate all the salmon. Do you know what I mean, Like it's gonna be like, no, you're a trader because you took the salmon and you lied about it or something like that. Yeah, it's gonna it's gonna be like.
Speaker 2: You know, the clue.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be like the thing that turns the whole mystery around.
Speaker 2: It's weird. It's a weird storyline to just keep u it's it's like a red hair.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's I think it's I think it's gonna end up being like an essential clue to or essential twist for somebody, like turn on somebody else or.
Speaker 2: I hope so, I hope I really he always ate salmon, and then they didn't it must be lying.
Speaker 3: Do you also notice when they did the recap of the last episode, they did not put in Michael's comment.
Speaker 1: I noticed that it kind of episode Yes.
Speaker 3: Which do you think they just didn't want to Maybe they just didn't want to walk that minefield or I mean, who knows, but I was kind of amazed that they didn't throw in that comment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, you know, it's We're in an interesting time with stuff like that, because I feel like, you know, the sort of cancel culture moment.
Speaker 2: That we've had been living through for a while, it's over.
Speaker 1: It's subsided a lot, and I think that people are a little exhausted by the self righteousness of like just pointing fingers, and so maybe that was enough.
Speaker 2: They were just to be right. Heel, he dug his own grave, he lost, he got kicked off the show.
Speaker 3: We don't need to we don't need to bracket it again talking about it, no, because.
Speaker 1: You know, I kind of half expected Colton to bring it up or to like and it's just kind of like, no, you know, he said something.
Speaker 2: Shitty and we all moved on, and I.
Speaker 1: Was like, good, good for the show kind of you know, like I'm sure he's dealt with it in public, like social media and stuff. Michael's probably dealing with the follow us. The show doesn't need to like align itself with like just.
Speaker 3: The question too is I'm so curious as to the editing process of the show, because you wonder what they're cutting out.
Speaker 2: And it was one of two things.
Speaker 3: Either everyone got together and decided we're not going to mention this again, or the show went we're going to edit around it. We don't need it anymore either one. I agree with both of both of those possibilities.
Speaker 2: I agree too. I think it's like, you know, let's just we did the thing we could do.
Speaker 1: We don't need to, like, you know, key patting ourselves on the back, or keep being aghast at how awful Michaels.
Speaker 2: They didn't even talk about him at all, which is no.
Speaker 3: They mentioned them what kind of one time at the at the roundtable, which was great.
Speaker 2: But it's also interesting because they were wrong, you know, like they they did the right thing, but they're playing poorly. Yep. Still, yep, they continue.
Speaker 1: To play poorly at this game.
Speaker 2: Rob who's a genius? Well is he anymore? I mean, well get that. Yeah, it's a good it's a good im into it, all right.
Speaker 1: So we get a flashback to the turret where Alan delivered the news that they don't get to murder anybody. Pause that scene because we do come back. There's more to it, but at this point that's all we get.
Speaker 2: So you surprised, Were you surprised nobody took a shield?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I actually was. I kind of was a little bit too.
Speaker 3: I thought they were going to say somebody took a shield that was pleasantly surprised that everybody stuck to their word.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So the Traders were planning on banishing Ron or letting Ron get banished, right of course, and then murdering Colton because uh, he has said Lisa's name, dared to say's name, She's gonna cut his throat, like, oh my god, this language. I'm just like, dude, I wouldn't say this thing. I'm sorry, like, you.
Speaker 3: Know, because she said a couple of things this week too, where it's like just making your middle name doesn't make it.
Speaker 2: That's what I was gonna say.
Speaker 1: I forgot to say in my intro I'm riding strong. It was strong before Traders, and I'm right strong after bod meets Twirled.
Speaker 2: I love it. I was like, that is like, what does that mean? It means nothing, but I kind of like that.
Speaker 1: I kind of, you know, somebody did say that to me once, like I did something and I was like, maybe I shouldn't have done that or I don't know.
Speaker 2: I was like trying to be humble.
Speaker 1: And they're like, no, you're riding strong, and I remember being like, what a.
Speaker 2: Cool way to live. I wish I couldn't. I could never do.
Speaker 3: That like that a self aggrandizing kind of amazing. Were then to.
Speaker 1: Be like you know, can I would, at least in your own head.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't say it out loud.
Speaker 1: But you know, maybe that's because, I mean, come on, you probably I mean, I know you're gonna say because of the panic attacks and the anxiety. But I know you were a super confident guy when you were a teenager on Boy Meets World. But for anxiety maybe a year, for like a year or two. Maybe not right at the beginning and not at the end, but there's a lot of You've got to have so much confidence in yourself to be that funny and to go that far jokes.
Speaker 3: And I feel likely comedically confident, confident. But then I'd go home and just sit by myself in the door. But you know that's true.
Speaker 2: I never left my house even early on. No, not really.
Speaker 1: I feel like in conversations I could, I could, I could see a track in your head going, yeah, I'm will confided in a good way. I'm saying this is a compliment, it's a positive thing.
Speaker 3: I think the funniest thing is when we The twist is actually finding out her legal name is Lisa.
Speaker 2: Lisa. It's actually it's pronounced fuk. It is an old Scottish name from my family side, so that would be the best, all right.
Speaker 1: Well, Colton immediately calls out Lisa for the sunglasses, which is a good point.
Speaker 3: I am a huge proponent of that. I've always said there's three reasons to whar sunglasses inside. You are drunk or high, or over or hungover, you've just been in a fight, or you're an asshole.
Speaker 2: Those are the only three reasons to wear some more man like. Yeah, I used to.
Speaker 1: I worked with the director Blake Edwards, legendary film director married to Julianders, and he never took his sunglasses while directing on.
Speaker 2: A stage, no, a sound stage with lighting. It was always like.
Speaker 3: I judge you, sir, I judge you. You want a jackass, take your glasses off. Don't trust anybody won't let me see their eyes?
Speaker 2: All right? So yeah, the salmon thing comes up again. Uh. Colton pulls Derinda aside immediately and just starts getting right into It's Lisa, Lisa, Lisa.
Speaker 3: But here's the things he's He's he's right, obviously, but he's lost all credibility.
Speaker 2: I know, it's gone. I know.
Speaker 3: So it sucks because he's finally aiming in the right direction, but aiming with a completely unloaded firearm.
Speaker 1: So every time that he pushes her, either in public or even when they're alone, she's not very good.
Speaker 2: She's terrible. Yeah, she's like what I mean, I would just I would have caved.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's just it's strange because it seems like her and I'm not trying to come at her personally. I don't know her, but it seems like her acting should be better than it is.
Speaker 2: And maybe it's. And here's the other thing.
Speaker 3: I'm sure there is a something psychological, some kind of name for it where we think we know that she's lying because we in fact know that she's lying. Does that make sense, Like, no, no, she's not telling the truth. So we could be like, she's bad.
Speaker 2: I know she's not telling the truth.
Speaker 1: But it's actually it's not even the performance, because the performance, I agree, And that's it's hard to know.
Speaker 2: I think I trust.
Speaker 1: Everybody all the time, Like I'm not good at spotting liars, so I just assume that, you know, so it's not really the bad like bad performance. It's like she literally says nothing. She's just like, no, I'm not a trader. You're a trader.
Speaker 2: I'm a faithful you're faithful.
Speaker 3: Just add a.
Speaker 1: Little bit more, just like, yeah, I'm trying to play it cool because blah blah blah, or I came in and instead she just yells and says no, I'm not.
Speaker 2: And it's like kill a little something.
Speaker 3: And you know, yeah, if you literally, if you're self aware enough to say something like, look, I'm one of the housewives.
Speaker 2: I'm on a show where we just yell at each other all the time. This is a game. I figured I'd come in and try to actually play the game and.
Speaker 3: Quiet down argus that would be an argument that, I mean, that makes more sense than just going no.
Speaker 1: The one little move she does at breakfast is she says she's gonna housewife it up, and so she asks for wine and champagne. And I was like, oh, she's good, she's gonna play big. But then she didn't really stick with it for the rest of the episode. I know you, until she's.
Speaker 3: Yelling ridiculous bowl of peeled eggs that they're passing around. It is like a like a salad bowl filled with hard boiled eggs that had already been shelled.
Speaker 2: Very strange giant bowl of eggs. So it's just it's a show about eggs, since it is.
Speaker 3: To me, it's eggs and salmon, is what. Then they asked for toast at one point. I think it was all the toast points all right.
Speaker 1: So after breakfast, the players discuss strategy and everyone's still on Rang. Everyone's still on Ron except for Colton, who is dead set on Lisa. Yeah, and I you know, I was just like we talked about this a lot last time, so you know, I don't think we need to beat it to death, but I do feel raw.
Speaker 2: It's just unfairly kind of getting jumped on.
Speaker 3: And he knows it too, and he kind of leaned into it this time where he was just like everything, I'm gonna go, Like everybody knows I'm going to get be kicked off.
Speaker 1: So, uh, Lisa gives a horrible performance say no in the kitchen. It was so what is wrong with you? Like, I don't know, maybe I wouldn't catch it. I don't know, right, and I don't know. Really interesting scene with Ron and Rob playing chess and you know, Ron's basically admitting that everyone's going to vote him out and he knows it. And then Rob basically admitting, like, no one takes me seriously. They just think I'm a dumb Southern boy. Ron is very kind, compliments him, goes out of his way, which is super interesting given how much he was like my family's none of your business to during the last week or yeah. Instead, now he's like, I've seen you with your family.
Speaker 2: I know how you are.
Speaker 1: You're a good man, like he gives you know. But anyway, these two guys bond, which I was like, where's this going, Like this is not a good move for Rob, and because he's you know, he knows they're kind to bandish him and he should probably be supportive of that because it's good for his trader strategy, which turns out to be kind of an issue.
Speaker 2: So Ron's complimenting worked. I love it.
Speaker 3: I love what he's doing. It's also never think somebody's an idiot. If the way they pass the time by constantly playing chess, you're not an idiot. So he might absolutely absolutely if that's the way you like to pass the time, because I want to sit down, I want to play chess with people.
Speaker 2: Chances are you're not an idiot. It's just a thinking game.
Speaker 3: So it shows that you like strategy, you like to think, you like Chess is literally designed to think several moves ahead. So I mean the idea that this is what this guy loves to do is sit down and play chess. He's totally playing under the radar. He's really he's by far the best player in the game, in my opinion, by far the best player in the game. Super likable, so everybody loves all the people are coming up to him going like I love you in the shirt you're my trader's husband, Like I'll never vote for you.
Speaker 2: And meanwhile he's killing people left to right.
Speaker 1: And meanwhile in the library we had Johnny making moves and he starts this whole plan about getting a group of eight, which.
Speaker 2: Seems like a risk.
Speaker 1: I mean, like it's a lot of people, you know, like it's hard because I feel like Johnny and Mark are both actually playing pretty well.
Speaker 2: They're just getting edited like they're they're they're being down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but like they make moves like you watch them, they're like trying to do stuff, and they're they're grabbing people and pulling them in discussion. It's just less personal dramatic, and it doesn't It ultimately doesn't work. It hasn't gone nowhere like they've now they've been haven't been able to make any.
Speaker 2: Of these big moves that they want to.
Speaker 1: But I think they are playing, so I wouldn't be surprised that those guys become pretty important players.
Speaker 2: As I said, Johnny is my is my kind of dark horse.
Speaker 3: But at the same time, when you're like, we need five, but we need eight people any names eight and three or three of them, You're like.
Speaker 1: Oh, but that's the problem with the whole strategy is like you can't you can't build an alliance and then point fingers that like just the person that everyone was probably going to vote for anyway, you know. I mean, in this case, they are talking about maybe going to Colton, but like either it feels like they're just kind of grasping a straws and it's but at least they're trying. At least they're doing something. You know, so many people are just kind of not doing anything.
Speaker 3: I have a very strong feeling that when the show ends, we're gonna hear from Mark Ballast we're gonna hear from Kristen, We're gonna hear from Johnny, We're gonna hear from Tara, all kind of saying we would talk for hours at night, and we're like, not in the show at all. Because they finally cut to Mark in a talking head where he's by himself, and I'm like, oh God, have we had this yet? Have we had Mark actually talking to the camera by himself, Like, I'm not sure we've seen that before.
Speaker 2: So yeah, but that might also kind of be the best way to do it. You just fly under the radar.
Speaker 3: The next thing you know, there's six of you left, and then the game kind of starts right right, So who knows?
Speaker 2: It's hard with this many people?
Speaker 1: Man, Yeah, I mean it does feel like they're just attacking the weakest social, weakest player and taking them out to thin the herd and they can't screwing up. Yeah, So Carlton says he's going to tell as many people about Lisa so that if he's murdered, she has a target on her back, which is seems like a yaller toms all right.
Speaker 2: Then we go to the cabin, creepy cabin in the wood.
Speaker 3: Second time they used this last season to the Cabin and the last time, I argue it was even more creepy. Last time it was filled Florida ceiling with those creepy dolls. Like the part of the thing was all we had to find the right doll that talked or whatever.
Speaker 2: Super creepy.
Speaker 1: I love this this once again, the show is completely my style. It as like a fan of horror as the star of a movie called Cabin Fever.
Speaker 2: This is like my jam. And it was so fun.
Speaker 1: Like I thought that all the special effects and like little you know, like.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: When I first went in, I was like, what is this just some set decoration? But then they actually had like set pieces and like special effects and like hands coming out of graves.
Speaker 2: This was cool.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: Escape room is it this kind of like this like you sitting, Yeah, but not this good, but yes like that? You mean, I love escape rooms.
Speaker 1: I've done them all the time, and like, oh dude, there's so fun and there's so many different types of like you know, some of them are like I've done ones where you're trying to break into something, like you're a heist robbing. I've done ones where you're at like an archaeological dig that discovered aliens, and you've got to like or you're you're going to the crew the ahead of you that disappeared, so you got to like piece together what happened to them to get them out of the dude. And like the production design is usually pretty good, Like you know, there's usual it's and you get to touch everything and you're like looking through drawers. And I did one on the Queen Mary when we were there a couple weeks ago. Yeah, and you're in the Queen Mary, You're like, and yeah, it was really fun.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: There's this Scooby Doo one at CityWalk apparently, Wow.
Speaker 1: Maybe we should that'll be a Podmets World though adventure an escape room.
Speaker 2: I love it all right, So they got to do these cryptic clues.
Speaker 1: Can you do an impression of Allan coming explaining the rules for this one grabs the coin because there's a shield, but half a shield behind the gravestone after the cryptically what I just I stopped. I just didn't even care. I'm like, I'm gonna figure it out. And also it kind of doesn't matter. This one is really this one was really good. Actually, like I thought this one you know, because it wasn't as physical. It actually took a little bit of mental energy and teamwork.
Speaker 2: But they also kind of skipped over it.
Speaker 3: They did rushed through the last three clues to do. So Yeah, my guess is it took forever to do them all. But I love how they're like.
Speaker 2: And if you win today, you will win fourteen thousand, two hundred and forty one dollars. It's like, wait, what it was eighteen thousand dollars? Was there?
Speaker 3: It's just there's such weird numbers that they're picking to win. But my guess is this took a lot longer than they thought. So they did the first two to let people know what was going on, and then they buzzed through the rest of them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it went because it went really fast.
Speaker 1: But I thought the clues were really cool, like and I think it was wrong that says like I'm really proud of us, like this were doing really well, and I was like, besides, they only missed the first one, and you know.
Speaker 3: And also, wait, we forgot to talk about the fact that they did what they did last time. And your favorite Natalie said exactly what I said, they should say. They they're like, oh and their shields up there if you want it, and she's like, all right, nobody takes the shield and anybody who touches the shield were banishing.
Speaker 2: So smart Champian was gonna.
Speaker 3: Do it, man, Yeah, like he was even considering even after.
Speaker 2: That he was.
Speaker 1: But in this case, it didn't mean that nobody would get murdered, right, It just meant that you wouldn't get.
Speaker 2: Murdered, right. So I was a little confused, Like, yeah, by by both things.
Speaker 1: I was a little confused by like Natalie making the pronouncement, which I think is smart, like that's actually the way to play. But I wonder if she thought that if anybody took a shield that they would be that that I mean, I thought I was wondering if she thought that as long as they don't take a shield, nobody would get murdered, because that was because.
Speaker 3: I think she didn't say that like you won't get killed, She just said anybody banfield will banish you. Because if I was wrong, I mean, Ron wasn't going to get murdered. He knew he wasn't going to get murdered because he was going to be kicked out. So the traders are kind of like why do I need to murder you? So he wouldn't. A shield probably wouldn't have helped him anyway, So you wonder who that I mean, Colton is probably somebody's like, hey man, I've swung and miss twice. Now I could use it after me because they might murder me or something, So who knows.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean if he Colton actually should have gotten a shield and then just gone for Lisa big time, because that's kind of his strategy already. He's like, look, I'm gonna out her as much. I'm gonna come at her as hard as I can.
Speaker 2: So why do you think jam jam one won so bad? Dam Trimp's just scared all the time.
Speaker 1: Yes, because he's like he cried when they burned his effigy, his shield. It's like, dude, like and nobody really said his name right now, nobody. You're early on he was, he was on the chopping block, but not now not Michael was calling him out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, why do you think you need a shield so badly?
Speaker 3: Dude?
Speaker 2: I don't know. He was ready to take it thought or.
Speaker 3: The equivalent in Survivor. Is there some reason he's hooked on those from Survivor idols? Yeah, so if you get one of those, like, you can't be so maybe it's the same kind of thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he just thinks it's part of the game and you need to go for them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they're like shiny objects and he's just going after them because he's not a good strategy. No, no, for like, it's when you don't have a target on your back, don't do it. Like, yeah, if he felt like everybody's coming for him, like Colton probably should feel, or Ron should feel.
Speaker 2: Oh no, it doesn't matter. It's not banishment.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: God, See, this is the part that I can't wrap my head around. I keep getting confused between murder and banishment because they're two different groups that you're trying to appease, Right, you have to keep the faithful happy by being part of the group and showing you.
Speaker 2: But like for him, yeah, jam jam, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Would it makes sense for a trader though, to be like, wait a second, I feel like I could be murdered tonight if I get a chance to get a shield.
Speaker 2: I want a.
Speaker 3: Shield because trader, yes, because then your throat won't think about it, because then you're throwing everybody off the scent like a trader can't be murdered. So if you stand up and you're like, I want a shield because I think I'm gonna be murdered, people are gonna be like, well, then he's obviously not a trader because why would he.
Speaker 2: Need a shield? You know what I mean? Right?
Speaker 3: So I went does that make sense? Or does that just put again? It seems like anything that that puts the spotlight on you is bad in this game, so I don't know, I don't know, so crazy all right?
Speaker 1: We have a chainsaw breaking through a window, Ouiji board, spelling mount things, blood dripping down the wall. That was really cool and the way it was like underlined and they were quick with that when they were.
Speaker 2: Like master of No Jack and.
Speaker 3: Was that was Rob. Rob is solving all these things quickly. He's a really smart dude.
Speaker 1: Luckily, Mora tells Jam, Jam, I don't think you should take a shield. I don't I don't tink. And then real bugs pouring out of a chest. That was creepy, dude, there's like maggots and stuff. I was like, what that was crazy?
Speaker 3: Last year, one of the challenges was had to hold that you held hands with one partner and they just covered you with bugs and if anybody freaks.
Speaker 2: This kind of stuff, yes, it's the show. Yeah, they do one kind of like fear factory kind of thing. There you go, there you go. All right, Well, there was a doll singing in the alphabet.
Speaker 1: At one point they had the clock giving a clue, the calendar given a clue.
Speaker 2: No one took a shield. Ultimately it was a good round.
Speaker 1: They only lost one clue and then they headed back and on the ride back, rob started saying that his heart is now saying don't vote for Ron, which was like, yeah, dude, you kind of got to vote for Ron.
Speaker 2: I was like, it's like just because you have a good relationship with him or you like him, if you want to win this game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But here's the thing. Three people go in to rob a bank. One of the robbers turns the gun on the other two. They walk with all the money. So eventually, if you've got a chance to swing and take out one of the traders, that's one less obstacle in the way for you. And he's done it to make it look like he used could be. If this guy's as brilliant as he seems, it could be, Like I'm going to use my cover of friendship quote unquote with Ron to look like a good guy to everybody, like I just can't vote for him, when in reality, I want to get Lisa out of here because it's one less person I have to deal with.
Speaker 2: But I wouldn't you be telling us the camera that who knows? Because he's he's.
Speaker 1: Telling the camera he's the one saying, I know the smart thing to do, let Ron get vote it out and then kill Colton. And because he's already calling on Lisa. But I like these two guys and my heart is you know, and that's ultimately what happens. Like I don't know, I agree it ended up being I think a kind of a brilliant move because exactly what he says at the end of this episode where he's like longevity, like this is a game that we're going to have to keep playing. I think he's right about that, But I don't think that that's his rationale.
Speaker 2: Yeah, probably because he goes, yeah, that's.
Speaker 4: What I think.
Speaker 1: I think Ron just complimented him and made him feel good and he said was like, oh, I like this guy, and it feels and the same way with Colton, because with Colton, his argument is more valid because with Colton, he he's done. I think he's told Colton he trusts him with other people around, like he's been part of a group with that, Colton's rallied with Ron, like nobody's been supportive of Ron, so like it does no good to be on Ron's side.
Speaker 2: And they kept cut their pride, eating alone and everything like that, so sad. It's like, my god.
Speaker 1: Well, so Rob went back at the Castle in the kitchen, he in front of Candae and Lisa says he doesn't think Ron is a trader anymore.
Speaker 2: So cracks cracks.
Speaker 1: Johnny's trying to get his group of eight back together, getting Colton out instead, and then this weird like confrontation that Colton has with.
Speaker 3: Lisa, which is so interesting. Well, it's one of the things that you and I talked about. Remember this kind of has this ever happened before?
Speaker 2: And I feel like she should have gone along with it.
Speaker 3: I kind of agree with you because she's not. No one's gonna buy this any longer. She's already had five votes. My guess is that's gonna continue, and she's got an episode or two left. Yeah, And the idea what he said when he looks into the camera and he's like, I'm gonna try something.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna I'm gonna see.
Speaker 3: If I can take take her hostage. It's like, Wow, that's a wow moment for me. I was like, that's ballsy, because you've got to walk up.
Speaker 2: To somebody and be like, I know you're a trader. Let's work together.
Speaker 1: And that's what he did, is they were working together, like if you think this through, like they can protect each other for tonight.
Speaker 2: Right. So she will basically say to him, we will keep killing faithfuls, but I'm not gonna kill I'll make sure that we never killed you, and you make sure that they never banish me. Right. But then he will never keep the money at the end. That's I don't know how.
Speaker 3: That would work at the end, because you can't you can't finish until you all decide to finish, and there's not one trader les.
Speaker 1: Essentially he train on somebody else he becomes. I mean, he's basically offering to become a trader. Like I wonder if they would just say okay at a certain point in order for the game to just make your entry, you're just one of the traders.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But didn't answer her question, though it has it could. Did the rules allow a trader and a faithful to work together?
Speaker 2: And apparently they.
Speaker 3: Do because it didn't dip him from doing but no, but if she says, yes, you got it, and I love the way he said it, He's like, I'll protect you around the table, you protect me in the turret. And she's like, what, I don't know what you're talking about. What that's crazy, that's saying, Yeah, it's so bad. I'm faithful, I'm faithful.
Speaker 2: Yeah, uh huh.
Speaker 1: Then we get to the round table, where Colton has called out for being reckless, which he is, which he is, he admits yep. He says I'm playing recklessly and are are forcefully I think is what he said.
Speaker 2: Anyway, He he.
Speaker 1: Basically defends his gameplay and understands why there's somewhat of a target on his back, but he doesn't really apologize for how he's playing. And then he he he goes right after Lisa, and you know, I think, like I think that the team. It's it's so hard because of course we know she's a trader, but I really feel like they all just got hooked on Ron and then got completely emotionally turned when Ron took the time to say how much.
Speaker 2: He liked each of the kind of move where he's like, I just want to say out so, you know, but I just love that. They were all like, oh wait, maybe we're not doing the right thing.
Speaker 1: It was like yeah, because you have no evidence and this guy has no All he can do is defend, you know. And you know, the thing that the moment that was really interesting was then he pointed out to Colton the Colton's been wrong more than him.
Speaker 3: Yes, and everybody's forgiven Colton one hundred times was wrong. Everybody's wrong, but for some reason they cannot get over Ron being wrong the first night.
Speaker 2: Right, And that's it's a really good point.
Speaker 1: And Colton doesn't really have a defense except you know, and and what the way Ron put it, he's like Michael because people just didn't like him. So it felt like they had done the right thing, but it actually played the game wrong and missed an opportunity to banish a real trader. And so that's that weird thing that the Michael situation has inserted to this game, is that they all feel like Colton accomplished something when he did no Actually the opposite like Harper game.
Speaker 2: I agree.
Speaker 3: And also that shows you the power that Colton really does wield in that this was the first time anyone said Lisa's name at the table, the first time and it was just thrown out and she still ended up getting like five votes. Yeah almost, as meant yeah almost for the first time anyone said his name. Coulton said her name once and almost half the people voted for her. Was like, wow, that was quick.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 3: So but the way he said it too, I love I loved I loved Ron at this round table where he did where he literally said Colton said something, He's like, you've missed more than I have. But we didn't like Michael, so that one didn't count. So did you have any other questions? Yep, And then Colton just kept his mouth like okay, I'll just shut up now.
Speaker 2: It was great. Yeah. I wanted to see that Ron more. Yeah. And they even said a bunch of me.
Speaker 3: Said, look, Ron, I'm sorry, I'm not even sure if it's you or not, but what we've been thinking it to you for so long now, we need you to stand in the circle and just tell us we need to remove the idea that you could be from the game, and it's like, Okay, that's kind of not fair, but I also get it right.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, vote went around and now it was all kind of split like everyone had been.
Speaker 2: You know, there's the group of.
Speaker 1: Eight kind of going for Colton, maybe a big Ron, you know, contingency, and then suddenly Lisa's name was out there, and so's it. Kind of at this I really didn't know what to expect. I thought maybe Lisa was going.
Speaker 2: On me too. I thought it.
Speaker 3: I thought maybe he got her. I thought maybe he pulled the rabbit out of his hat and he got her.
Speaker 1: So what what do you think Rob was thinking at this point that he that he should vote for Lisa because she's probably going to get out, or that he should vote for Lisa, vote for Lisa knowing that it's probably still going to be Ron or maybe even Colton, and that it would help him in the long term just look good to have voted for her.
Speaker 3: I think there's a third possibility, which is one you touched on earlier, which is the absolute possibility that he just played badly tonight, really liked Ron, really liked Colton, and just couldn't vote for either one of them. Yeah, there's I don't know which one it is. I'd like to think it's probably a little bit of each because it is good for him in the long run with the faithfuls, because he's like, well, yeah, but I didn't I voted for Lisa that night.
Speaker 2: I didn't vote for Ron, you know. So yeah, the reason, the reason, I don't think, the reason.
Speaker 1: I'm here here's the thing that we need to think back on now.
Speaker 2: He knew that they had to do a murder in playing sight tonight.
Speaker 3: Oh that's right beforehand, because he knew they already knew, So he knew that she had to do a murder and plane sight with her amulet. So I kind of think maybe he thought she was actually going to get voted out and he didn't want to have to do the murder and plane sight, and he knew that if she got voted out that they probably they would lose it. And what would happen, I don't know, transfer to somebody, and I don't know, like a mythical power.
Speaker 1: But even even if it transferred, it would go to canvas because like they you know, like they say, he would be suspicious to be wearing something like that. I think although he's worn some pretty over the top wardrobe things.
Speaker 3: So I think he should he should have come down wearing just that.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 3: It's just the good luck having somebody to touch that where you've placed it.
Speaker 2: If we have to remember, he knows that they have to do a murder and plane sight, so I totally forgot about that. You're right, So he's.
Speaker 1: Really screwing her ability. And and they had planned a murder Colton, so he knows that they're going to murder Colton tonight, so he could have just written Colton's name down.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they would have gotten two people out. Well they did. I mean, at the end of the day, they got they got a faithful out. They did.
Speaker 3: The Traders are still winning, but at the cost of maybe they're a little fractured.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's going to have a hard time coming back from that because Lisa's is clearly not the most like stable, Yeah, an emotional She's Lisa can Renna.
Speaker 3: I don't think it's going to be around that much longer anyway, though, I really don't really all right.
Speaker 1: Well, the final vote was Mark, who I really didn't know where this was going to go, but he wrote it for Ron which.
Speaker 2: Seems like just sort of sticking with the original status quo. I didn't know what he was. I was hoping he was going to get up, maybe do a very quick sessay of some point of some type, hold his frame, yeah, and go from there once again, place around the table. Faithful's really screwed it up again? Really yep, again just not not playing well. No is it always like this in the beginning, I don't remember. See.
Speaker 3: What was the interesting thing about last season was that Boston Rob was a trader and he had no problem throwing other traders. He was getting other traders kicked off too, so it was like, yeah, he was getting it was It was pretty amazing how who was getting thrown out, And it was like turning on other traders and going, now you're the trader. I know you're a trader, and then people would believe him like Colton, and then they'd be gone. So that's why I said, wait till the traders start turning on each other.
Speaker 2: And that might have just started tonight because all you need is Lisa and but then how do they decide to murder? They just like between they just vote like majority rules.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it was just majority and they can't murder each other, right, but they can get each other banned. They can get each other banished. Yeah, so they would be like meeting in the turret and just like yelling at each other.
Speaker 2: Or not talking. Yeah, wow, it was. It was wild.
Speaker 3: And you know that's gonna happen because the next time we first of all balls you to have that conversation in the kitchen with the three traders together, like throwing stuff at each other and things like that. I know, anybody walks by and you're screwed. They got all three of you. So yeah, it's all right.
Speaker 2: Ron Ron is voted out.
Speaker 1: Ron reveals that he's a faithful and then they have this banquet and then we get the flashback explaining that this whole murder and plane sight.
Speaker 2: I love this, by the way, it's going to be great.
Speaker 1: I love that because they've never done this, right they I don't think they ever said that. They said they've never done this before where they have like a piece of jewelry it's poisoned.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 1: It's so on brand and cool, and they do have a banquet. I just and yeah, super clever. But I would again, this would be like even more of a nightmare having to get somebody to physically touch an object in the course of a normal One of my one.
Speaker 3: Of my favorite fantasy novels ever, there's one of the characters is just a professional poisoner and he says to somebody, he's like, watch watch how I take this guy out tonight around it inner table And they're sitting around the table and he's thirty feet from the guy and the guy falls over dead and they go, how did you do that? He goes, oh, I knew he was gonna sit. I poisonedou spoon three days ago.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: And it's like that kind of thing where it's like, oh, I love this, all the intrigue and everything.
Speaker 2: It's so cool. I can't wait to see how they're going to do it.
Speaker 3: And the outfits in the previews, yeah look fabulous.
Speaker 2: Yeah so yeah, so cool.
Speaker 1: So yeah, Candice, Lisa Rob have a little trader how Wow. Well, I guess even before that, Colton comes right up to Lisa and they kind of have it out and Colton tries to like give her a compliment and say like kind of say for better or worse, like, look, I'm just playing against playing the game and your personality has changed.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But then she's like, no, I'm not a housewife. You want me to housewife it up, I'll housewife it up. And it's like, oh, bad, just looks bad.
Speaker 2: It was bad? Yeah, no, and he's just thank fair.
Speaker 1: There are people who take this stuff so personally that aren't traders, do you know what I mean? Like Jams taking it all emotionally in personally, So maybe it's believable that she's that personal about it.
Speaker 2: I I see through it though, like I mean, I just don't again, why do we see through it?
Speaker 3: I think I think we I wonder if we see through it because it's bad, or we see through it because we know so you know, who knows?
Speaker 2: It's very interesting, such a good show.
Speaker 1: Well, Rob gives his little defense that it's the long term game that he's playing and that he didn't want to, you know, vote against people that he had said he trusted. But I don't know if anybody knew that he trusted Ron because he only had that private chess conversation.
Speaker 2: But he said that around the table.
Speaker 3: He's like, Ron, but you and I've talked, I've asked you questions right to your face. But tell me, why did you have to say that?
Speaker 2: Weird? Because he wanted Ron to stay.
Speaker 3: He truly wanted Ron to stay, So he was trying to save Ron there at the end by saying.
Speaker 2: Because then Ron would be in his side for the rest of the game. Yeah. That, and he also just flat out liked Ron. I think he just liked Yep.
Speaker 3: This is why as an assassin, you can never let your emotions get get the better of you.
Speaker 2: My friend.
Speaker 3: Yeah, amazing, all right, all right, Well before we go any farther, as you know, uh, as well as being a dance historian and scholar, I am also a history of famous traders from throughout the world.
Speaker 2: Sure you're you're aware? Did you get a degree in this? Is this something you like? An undergrad? It's an undergrad. It's an undergrad. Yeah, so we are the new Segond like you just send away an email. It was an actual male but course courses. Well my email course.
Speaker 3: Technically finished the entire courttch okay, but I read the pack at the outside of the packet, so that's all that really matters. But we are, of course calling this Will's history of traders and stuff that might have traded in times and the things.
Speaker 2: I'm still working on it. I don't have the entire things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can maybe rhyme to those you know stuff or just come up with the words that aren't just you know householders.
Speaker 2: You're you're talking like you're the big music guy. I know what I'm doing.
Speaker 3: Today's famous trader is somebody called La Malinche.
Speaker 2: Oh. Yes, from the fifteen hundreds.
Speaker 3: La Malinche, also known as Dona Marina, was born to an Aztec chieftain and his mistress in the sixteenth century. After her father died and the mistress remarried, Marino was sold into slavery, and when the Spanish conquistadors arrived in the Western hemisphere, she became a cortizon of the Spanish leader Cortes himself. Here her knowledge of the indigenous culture proved invaluable in helping the Spanish defeat the Aztecs, and today she is still despised by the Mexicans as a turncoat who deceived her people for money and power.
Speaker 2: She is today's favorit on.
Speaker 1: So she started off by being sold into slavery by her own people, though.
Speaker 3: Again the course didn't cover the whole thing. But yes, I believe so. No, she was, Yes, she was the It seems like if she's sold into slavery and then turned by.
Speaker 2: The well yeah, I mean still still still a trader in Mexico, my friend. Wow, you're right, you work on the song. Okay, come hold up, Maybe if you wear the hood while you do it, it's a great idea. That's it for this episode of Pod meets Tworld. Alliances were tested, trust, misplace, and once again we're left with the cliffhanger. Join us next time.
Speaker 1: As we continue our journey through season four of Traders, a show in which, as Shakespeare said in his Scottish play, fair is foul and foul is fair.
Speaker 2: God I loved Romeo and Juliet. Yeah, that's the Scottish player.