Speaker 1: The following.
Speaker 2: He is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 3: Cowboys.
Speaker 4: This He's Talking Cowboys training live.
Speaker 1: From the Dallas Cowboys World.
Speaker 2: Course at the Star in Frisco.
Speaker 5: Tag Burgers.
Speaker 1: That's got pig Tis pretixdown.
Speaker 2: And now your hosts Isaiah Standback, Patrick Walker, Josh Rodriguez, and Kyle Yeomans.
Speaker 4: It's a terrific Thursday edition of Talking Cowboys presented by the Black Rifle Coffee Company, live from the Star in Frisco, Texas, in the st W ABC Studio.
Speaker 6: Welcome your body.
Speaker 4: We've got our whole casting crew ready for you to rock today with Patrick Nose, Walker, Josh Rodriguez, Isaiah stand back, Cris Beam in the back. I'm Kyle Yeoman's glad you're with us on this beautiful blowdy rainy, stormy fo Thursday and Frisco.
Speaker 7: I love it.
Speaker 4: I love it, frisk I sleep like a baby. Did you do your yard.
Speaker 6: Work before it started raining? Yeah? I did?
Speaker 1: Actually, boy, that was not rain, that was something else.
Speaker 7: It's great.
Speaker 4: That was fresh air.
Speaker 7: I love car. I love like halfway waking up whenever the story gives you. Oh you know what, I mean like one of those we're just like, oh my god, but you still sleep soundly. I don't even open my eyes. I'm just like, oh, man, like nice, that's gonna.
Speaker 4: Be rough, dude.
Speaker 3: And what happened overnight was even better because safe and sound, he just went back to sleep.
Speaker 1: You have the window a couple of times.
Speaker 4: Why my as a homeowner, it hits different too, because one, you know, there's rain, which you're like, all right, sweet, but then you're like, oh, but there's also wind, yeah, all this other stuff that can happen, and it's like, yeah, maybe it's not the best thing in the world yet. Last night, my kids have been playing in the backyard a ton. They've been like out in the back especially when my wife's home alone. She'll take them out there and they'll just run around and they'll ride their little balance bikes or whatever they got. And so I wake up at two thirty for the first and the first one that I hear, I'm like, oh no, I gotta go grab all their stuff. It's all in the backyard, and so I like bust out of bed and I'm going to the opposite direction. I'm going into the backyard and I grab every single piece of toy that I possibly can't, I throw it all under either into the kitchen or into the patio that we've got back there, try and clean it up as quickly as possible. And there's lightning everywhere, Like, am I gonna die for this? Four dollars lawnmow worth push toy that?
Speaker 6: But gotta get it done.
Speaker 4: So that's a real dad different now that as a dad were normally I would do exactly what you did.
Speaker 6: Nice.
Speaker 7: It was way better in an apartment when like there's a tornado warning, You're.
Speaker 1: Like, worry it, don't want to see something, dude.
Speaker 7: And now you're in a home, you know what I mean? One Stilton, Please.
Speaker 3: God, why does the storm when it gets to Josh's subdivision? Why does it suddenly become lightning? McQueen. Yeah, nice, I heard.
Speaker 4: That, beam man.
Speaker 6: I like that. All right, let's get in to do a little.
Speaker 7: No. You know, if you if you're if you get a storm at home, no, you know what.
Speaker 4: To expect today is gonna be like us our Cowboys coming on. Cowboys Defensive preview versus the Eagles offensive preview. After Isaiah broke down QB vision yesterday, did a great job on that.
Speaker 5: My friend, I heard coach Schotenheimer freaking say everything that I said.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like you watched the show or something.
Speaker 1: It's like this.
Speaker 3: Show watches film and this show was before his press conference.
Speaker 4: It was yeah, I think it just make sure.
Speaker 3: I mean, but it does tie into what the family was asking you yesterday.
Speaker 4: When is you got jo the sam You got a little extra time on your hands.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that side of the building knows nothing of what I do over your message.
Speaker 7: Really quickly that there are people in the chat already asking about sounds from the Sideline, and I just want to address that for people that enjoy sounds from the Sideline that like to go on Twitter and like where sounds and they'll tweet at Derek.
Speaker 6: Where the hell is it?
Speaker 4: Hey man, it's already up. Man, it's already up.
Speaker 7: But also like when it's been forty eight hours aggressive, like give us a little time and like I'm not even editing it. That's the great Alex Lily, But like, also give them a second, dude, they're expected, Yeah, they expected twenty four hours after day like which Tuesday were sounds Like what are you talking of?
Speaker 1: No time for you?
Speaker 7: I know, it's been twenty four that's just.
Speaker 1: Like settle down, buddy. Yeah, foremost, buddy, hold.
Speaker 4: Your horses, but it is up though, it's up now.
Speaker 7: Yeah, no, man, sorry, geez, I know it's great. Give us a second, man, we'll have lives.
Speaker 4: I just want to see how far he'd keep going. Hold on.
Speaker 7: I mean, what if what if we went to your every day What are those TVs reports?
Speaker 1: Buddy?
Speaker 4: Oh my god, they go to your lunch break?
Speaker 7: What's wrong with you? Man? I'm gonna tweet at your boss and ask.
Speaker 1: Them those quarterly skimberly exactly?
Speaker 4: All right? It was first and foremost sounds and sidelines is up. So let's be clear.
Speaker 1: It's up for the sake of Josh.
Speaker 4: And Alex and all involved. Sergeant Sue said, let me find out y'all slept before dropping sounds?
Speaker 3: God forbid, because I could relate.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no doubt. Oh all right.
Speaker 1: News and notes.
Speaker 3: Were back on the practice field yesterday on a short week as they prepare, uh say it again, a short week, short week, on a short week, as they prepare to host the defendant champion Philadelphia Eagles. It was a walk through yesterday. Let me say that again. It was a walk through yesterday, walk walk not rog not not running, no yogging with a soft Yeah, there was a walk through that'd be said. We had several limited participants. I'll get to the headliner in a second. Perry On Winfrey again with a full participant, So he's on track. Had a good exclusive talk with him yesterday. That article will dropped this morning at some point, maybe after science Lab Lab.
Speaker 1: Coach of that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so Jevion Clowney, Dante Fowler, my Leige Hooker, Tyler Smith, Slomon Thomas, Donovan Wilson's did that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're all limited participants.
Speaker 3: The great news is no one on the active roster for the Cowboys missed practice for any reason on yesterday. So that's the good news. The bad news is not bad. It's just something to kind of keep an eye on. Dak Prescott.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you skipped the name there, Yeah, because you know, I had the dramatic effect.
Speaker 3: Dramatic effect which Josh can appreciate as always, absolutely so, Donovan Donovan Wilson, Jack Dak Prescott suffered a little bit of a hip issue against the Raiders. It's described as minor. Fix your eyeballs described as minor. The quote from Brian Schottenheimer was it's nothing major.
Speaker 6: I don't like those work.
Speaker 3: I don't like them either, was that it's nothing major. But of course on a short week, they're going to be extra cautious with him. So today when they are at practice, things ramp up for what should be a full practice. You'll probably see Dak Prescott in unlimited capacity. I do expect him to participate. They say that they're not looking to really scale him back from anything this week, just more so making sure that they help him manage whatever the hip issue is. But again I'm told it's minor. He will play against the Philadelphia Eagles and it should not impede anything.
Speaker 7: Well, like the recording artist Shakira said, hymns don't lie, So you have to be cautious of that whenever it comes on the injury report, and understand that they're taking all these we see.
Speaker 5: If you're going to do the Shakira dance, though Kyle can do it for us just a little, you're just moving shoulders all songs not yeah, you know.
Speaker 4: It's not called shoulders don't lie. Things here. Two things when it comes to this whole conversation about Dak and him being limited in practice yesterday. One. I hate the term that Shoddy actually used, which was hip issue. It was just a hip issue. It's like issue seems a little more severe than just like, oh, he was just banged up, you know, like it just kind of was one of to say things, an ailing thing, yeah, like a hip thing. Yeah, just one of those things. The fact that he said it issue makes me think it might be like.
Speaker 3: Something he was trying to find the word to not say injury. Yeah, because you say hip injury and Dak Prescott and people like holy crap. So you can see him searching for he was trying, so he was like hip issue, and then when that came out, people like, holy crap.
Speaker 1: And he's probably like, well, darn it.
Speaker 4: The second thing with it And I told this to Tommy the Rush yesterday, it kind of felt like the way that he was trying to hedge the bets in the middle of that conversation was like a company that's trying to have trying to urge their stockholders not to sell. It's like no, no, no, no, everything is fine.
Speaker 6: We're okay, don't sell the stock, hold.
Speaker 4: Your stock, it'll be fine. And then of course, like we'll figure out more today about what the injury report looks like. I don't love the fact that Dak is on there with a hip issue.
Speaker 1: Though he'll be fine. Yeah, I believe he'll be fine.
Speaker 3: All the more reason for the offensive line to draw motivation to keep him cleaning up right against the Philadelphia Eagles. That's all I'll say, Because if it's I mean, if he's dealing with a hip issue or a hip thing, or whatever the case may be, last thing you want is Jalen Carter landing on that hip, or Jordan Davis or Jalen Phillips getting his hands on him, especially considering guess what you have after the Eagles.
Speaker 5: Four days later, that Chiefs team, That Chiefs team four days later keep Dak Prescott standing up.
Speaker 4: And then you got the Lions maiden Hutch You just got paid eighty billion dollars to play football? What what's that? Why?
Speaker 1: Why did you say, hey, no, koy, Isaiah?
Speaker 4: Why why are you being koy?
Speaker 5: Just too far down the road, Kyle? Why is that this is one game season. I'm not playing in the games. I'm not in it.
Speaker 4: Oh yes you are. No, you have a desk upstairs. I do have a desk upstairs. But that doesn't mean I'm playing in the game. I can look down the line.
Speaker 1: And pass freaking Phillips and Bond and these receivers. M there's no looking past.
Speaker 7: Are you concerned about the hip Isaiah?
Speaker 4: Is that what you're saying? No?
Speaker 1: Oh, got it? Seki play something.
Speaker 4: Now you give it a shot.
Speaker 8: No do.
Speaker 4: My profile has.
Speaker 1: Been shut down. Now your hip injuries come from something else. It's the sick.
Speaker 3: So yeah, that's that's your news and notes for today. No actions from the Cowboys yesterday. Everyone participated in some capacity and the walkthrough on yesterday, so that's good news. And we go forward to today, which is what's today, Thursday.
Speaker 4: I'm losing Thursday.
Speaker 7: Thursday.
Speaker 3: So yeah, we go through to today's practice and let's see who does does not practice, but Dak Prescott at minimum. I believe he'll be limited. I don't think you'll see him as a full participant, but he'll get some reps in.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Good, and they'll be back out in pads and it'll be more of a full practice. They will be a full practice. Cool, all right. Today is Thursday, so that means we are previewing the Cowboys defense is Philadelphia offense and what they bring to the table. So offense hasn't been playing at an extremely high level like you would anticipate. They're still good, don't get at the winning and they're still eight and two, So yes, you're right, absolutely, Case Eagles have averaged the second fewest passing yards per game one hundred and eighty six yards per game this year. That's the second fewest in the NFL since twenty twenty four. Only the Titans have avered fewer over the last two seasons, and Titans are in a very different situation than what the Philadelphia Eagles were in Philadelphia still twenty two and five has the best win loss record over that entire span. So just because they can't throw the ball doesn't mean they can't win games. And that's part of what we outlined yesterday is a part of the defensive preview. But when you look at this offense, and Isaiah, I'll start with you here, where do you see the biggest threat for Philadelphia.
Speaker 1: Across the threat?
Speaker 5: Biggest threat, I mean they're all their entire office is a threat. They have the personnel to get it done. I'm on record, I think GMFB by Week four, GMFB Flicks. I went on there and told everybody they were talking about their their offense was the scoring points. And we had a segment where you right on the board, what is the word that describes you know, their their issues offensively? And you know, my my comrades on the show were like so and like they're still winning and I was like Kevin Batulo and they're like, what are you talking about. I'm like, he's not He's not good. He's not good for them, right, he's not killing more. Not a fit, not a fit, and they're not creative. They're like, oh, you're tripping, you know, so what if their office they're going to be fined. I'm like, no, no, their offense is not going to be fine, not with this officive coordinator. And that was a long time ago. Yeah, I mentioned that, and it has not improved. Twenty eighth in the league in terms of past productivity. It's not great, not m GB. However, it doesn't matter because they're still effective. If anything, that that still kind of scares you a little bit that they're that inconsistent in that m'st the word I'm looking for. Vulatile, Yeah, not even volatile, they're just not productive. In the passing game, yet they're still eight and two.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 5: It's kind of scary, right, So it is like what happens when it clicks? Yeah, it just lets you know how powerful this team is.
Speaker 4: They are.
Speaker 1: They're they're jugging out of a team.
Speaker 5: You got to punch these guys in the mouth, and you know you're going to take some some lumps too. Just we're all gonna come out lumped up, right. It's just like you just see.
Speaker 1: I hope that you will. Yeah, Willy lump bro.
Speaker 4: It's freaking Fraser versus versus form. I don't know.
Speaker 5: It's somebody right there, just heavyweight, just hammering each exactly. They're they're Saquon Barkley scares me the most, of course. Suon scares me the most out of everybody, just because even when you feel like you have him stopped, you don't. He He is just electric in that regard. He can hurt you in the running game. He can hurts you in the passing game, interior run, exterior run. He's just he's just a beast. He is what he is. He's the best runner back in the league, hands down.
Speaker 6: Passing game.
Speaker 5: They're a threat, not as not as scared of them in the passing game.
Speaker 1: Are are Amante Smith more than anybody scares me.
Speaker 4: A J.
Speaker 5: Brown does not scare me. Really, I respect A J.
Speaker 4: Brown. You have to, you have to, you have to respect him.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 5: I think that you can get in his head. I think that.
Speaker 7: He's his own team is not.
Speaker 5: Yeah, as much as he struggles, as much as he is a physical specimen, he struggles with the light of scrimmage. So you can go get the hands on him. Some of our defensive backs have been doing a good job of that lately, even our our new addition No No R and B group but Revel. I'm looking forward to seeing him get at the line of scrimmage and put some hands on him, because I think A. J. Brown gets flustered when when you when you are in his hip pocket like that and physical, you know, match his physical inness at the line of scrimmage.
Speaker 1: He's not as physical as everybody thinks he is.
Speaker 4: He puts off this person.
Speaker 5: No, he puts off this persona like he's just big bad Wolf's He's really not. So you can go in there and you can disrupt him at the line of scrimmage. Demonte Smith's the guy that you have to keep an eye on because he can. It's a splash part, it's a splash play. He might only have three catches, but hold.
Speaker 4: On, hold on, he goes Devonte Smith. You said Kaylin Carson.
Speaker 3: The reason I say this is because I'm looking forward to seeing what Carson can do, if he can do.
Speaker 4: It, just want to make sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wasn't.
Speaker 5: I'm not saying that I've got a long way to go to get to that point.
Speaker 4: I'm saying I'm excited to see this test.
Speaker 7: That's Kayling Carson, not implying that Carson's got to shut down, because if that were the.
Speaker 6: Case, I wanted to double check there.
Speaker 4: I just needed to throw on the brakes first second clarify.
Speaker 3: If that were my intent, I would have said deron, which he's at least. But yeah, I'm talking in the reference in the regard of I want to see Kayln Carson get tested to this capacity because I love what he did last week, but that that's not a Heisman winner.
Speaker 6: He's had two really solid.
Speaker 1: Outing so I'm ready for this test for them. That's what I mean when I say that.
Speaker 7: Okay, also a great article on Kailn Carson that's up ondask cowys dot com right now.
Speaker 3: Thank you who wrote that on the Doctor Walkers Cool, it's up on the dot com that guy appreciated. Check that out as an exclusive talk that I had with Kaylyn Carson, and we'll talk about it here before the show is out. But the numbers that he was able to produce against the Raiders quite promising.
Speaker 7: And basically calling himself back into a starting role amazing, like what he's been able to do.
Speaker 3: Okay, since we're talking about him, yeah, please, I mean, if we're talking, then let's talk about it. So before I was watching film, of course, because that's what we do, talking cowboys. And then it was time for locker room availability and one of the guys I pulled to the side was Cavin Carson, just to kind of get his mindset on climbing back. He said, quote unquote, I feel like I'm back. He talked about feeling confident now, talked about how he's no longer thinking and you saw that, you know when on that PBu where he broke them to the ball and he jarred it loose with the tackle. Tackling is there. The shoulder is great, and he's feeling great. He feels great, So that's promising. Now let's talk about some numbers real quick. Kevin Carson against the Raiders, he showed that he could do it in both capacities. He could do it in man coverage, which we felt that he could because that was one of his green flags coming out of Wake Force, but he's also showing he can do it in zone coverage. So on man coverage he was targeted nine times, he allowed only one catch for only eighteen yards, no tuddies. In zone coverage he was targeted five times, allowed only three catches for only thirty seven yards, no touddies, no chunk plays. Then, of course, he had the red zone PPU against none other than Brock Boers to keep that from being a touchdown for Gino Smith and the Raiders at a critical part of the game. I say all this to say, and I'll state this again, there is a massive test coming up this week for Kayln Carson.
Speaker 1: Massive.
Speaker 3: But I also feel confident that while Davante, I think Davante will get a chunk play or two.
Speaker 4: It's just I mean, he's just that. Yeah, that's freaking good.
Speaker 3: If Jalen Hurts can get him the ball which is a different conversation. Right, then Davante can make the play. But I do think you will see Kayln Carson when he's matched up against DeVante Smith. I think he'll win. He'll win some of those reps. And that's what I'm excited to see. I want to see if this confidence that he's now building, this groove that he's getting into, is going to translate against a contender. Because if it can and Revel can get hands on and flush aj Brown, then my question is what does this linebacker group look like d mow and Logan and Raddy Stewart darn Bland when it comes to inside coverage on Dallas Goddard. Yeah, because the Cowboys did an excellent job of shutting down sa Kwon Barkley in Week one without Quinn Williams, Okay, without Savonne Revel, without Kaylin Carson, So they were able to do these things. They only held them to sixty yards rushing one touchdown, and they could have won that game if not for the infamous drops. Right, I think that they can contain Sakwon Barkley, even more so with Quinn Williams on the field. So for me, now you're talking about Dallas Goddard. My eyes just keep going back to Dallas godd That's gonna be the person I believe is.
Speaker 1: Going to dictate that game, this game for the Eagles.
Speaker 4: I want to talk a little bit more about that, but I also want to go to the second segment here, and then of course we have lab code coming up. Yeah, with third segment a little bit later on. Want to leave plenty of time for that. More of the Cowboys defense preview going up against the Philadelphia offense when we come back right after this.
Speaker 8: Every day begins with a promise, a promise to work hard and to build a future. That's why we're here providing the tools, expertise and John Deere equipment you have relied on for generations to help you get the job done right.
Speaker 4: We're with you.
Speaker 8: That's our promise to you, because no matter of the project or the challenge you're facing.
Speaker 4: Where with you? Where are you not it? If you're looking for fresh American roasted coffee that gives back, you need to head to your local grocery store and pick up a bag of Black Rifle coffee. That's right, America's coffee is now available in the coffee aisle of a grocery store near you. Black Rifle Coffee Company is veteran founded with a mission to give back to those brave men and women who have served our nation. Every bag box or can you purchase help support that mission. Head to your local grocery store and roast yourself some Black Rifle coffee today.
Speaker 7: I'm home.
Speaker 9: Hey, mom, before you ask, I've done my homework and the dishwashers unloading.
Speaker 1: Nice?
Speaker 2: Hey can you?
Speaker 8: Hey?
Speaker 4: Hon? Yes, I've got the finale ready to play. Here's your wine?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 4: Isn't it nice not having to ask? We think so.
Speaker 10: That's why if there's a network interruption at and T will proactively credit you for a full day of service guarantee credit for fiber downtime lasting twenty minutes or more, or for wireless downtime lasting sixty minutes and more caused by a single incident, pack to ten more towers. Strictions and exclusions apply att dot Com Slash guarantee for details.
Speaker 4: How's it going You see that Cowboys game?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: I watched.
Speaker 3: I've been seeing some good things totally. They have some talent, you have some great talent, and they got some fight. Hoping this is the year me too. Oh I'm Cody. By the way, I'm Travis.
Speaker 4: Nice to meet you. Travis. Go Cowboys Go.
Speaker 5: Cowboys make a new friend based solely on their shirt choice.
Speaker 7: What would you like the power to do?
Speaker 5: Bank of America the official bank of the Dallas cow Boys Copyright twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: Bank of America Corporation.
Speaker 4: To Talking Cowboys. Backyard on Talking Cowboys, presented by Black Rifle Coffee Company. This segment has brought to you by Invisilne, the official Smile of the Dallas Cowboys. Continuing our preview of the Dallas defense taking on the Philadelphia offense. And Isaiah you talked a little bit about I.
Speaker 3: Forgot I gotta tost his news and oh yes, please please for got a news And note dumone Clark. He was claimed yesterday by none other than Demico Ryan's and Demico Ryan and the Houston Texans.
Speaker 1: So I'd love to see that for dark Oonne.
Speaker 3: Just a fantastic human being who did all he could to kind of clause way into the good graces of Mike Zimmer and Matt eber Fluis was unable to do so, but still very early in his career. And that's just a fantastic landing spot for him, and he gets to stay in Texas, not far from home. So Demon Clark and I spoke with him yesterday after he was claimed, and he's in just excellent spirits at you know, the potential for what comes next for him in Houston. So De Moon Clark to the Texans, nice good, good stuff, shouts out to Allen's thanks for reminded me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there you go. So that best of luck, damone. Hope you have some success down there in h Town. All right. Uh. Continuing the preview, Isaiah brought up yesterday Jake Ferguson and how much he could play an impact in this game. Patrick just said, Dallas Goddard is going to play a big impact in this game. Josh, I'll look at you now. Yeah, tight ends are obviously going to be a big part of this whole thing. Whenever there are so many weapons on the outside, though, should they be the featured part of either one of these offenses, especially talking about Philly, Oh absolutely.
Speaker 7: I mean the fact that I mean Isaiah alluded to Kevin Patullo and sort of the uncreativity that he has for their offense trash, I mean the personnel is there. There's no doubt about person they just want. The super personnel is there. They haven't lost a lot of guys. It's their offensive line for me, that has taken a step back. But in terms of the offensive line is taking a step back, they're not who they were last year.
Speaker 6: No, they're banged up too, though.
Speaker 7: They're banged up, and just the even before the performance isn't there. I mean, if you in terms of Saquon Barkley, and not to get away from the passing side of things, but he's rushing at a full one yard less per contact this year over last year prior to content, prior to contact. Yeah, big, that's huge for Saquon Barkley.
Speaker 4: And we talked about last week with JENTI.
Speaker 7: Absolutely the numbers haven't been there for him necessarily.
Speaker 5: Do you know where they're week at on their offensive line? Where are they three interior offensive linemen?
Speaker 4: Really?
Speaker 7: Waitit wait, do we have really good interior defensive linemen?
Speaker 1: Cowboys? Really?
Speaker 6: Now we're the Cowboys.
Speaker 4: That doesn't happen. I think, what is that?
Speaker 6: Shakira?
Speaker 7: No, that's not secure, but at least for me, the secret weapon that they have and honestly, he's playing relatively well compared to all of the flak that the Eagles offense gets. Is Jalen Hurts. I really think that he's honed what he does as a quarterback in that he doesn't make the mistakes. He doesn't want to throw tight window throws.
Speaker 1: He doesn't want to throw.
Speaker 7: He doesn't want to throw. But in terms of his rankings among the top qbs in the NFL, he ranks number five and deep ball completion percentage, number one in pressured completion percentage, number four in completion percentage versus man, and a number three passer rating versus man at one twenty seven point two. He's an efficient passer when he decides to pass, and he is not above taking a drive and saying like we'll live to see another drive.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's very patient.
Speaker 7: He's extremely patient. Wisdom a dream quarterback for Bill Belichick type, you know what I mean, Because he's not going to make the mistake. That's what Jalen.
Speaker 1: Hurts game is. Yeah.
Speaker 7: So if he's going up against an offense that is on all cylinders, that's what I'm talking about. The Dallas Cows have to be perfect on offense. Yeah, they have to annihilate Phillies defense each avia because if what you want is Jalen Hurts playing from behind, you do that's what you want. You don't want him to control the game, to be the bus driver, because that's what he does.
Speaker 4: Best, and he doesn't. He doesn't turn the football over, he doesn't put the ball in harm's way. And so if you're able to push him into pressure situations, you're able to continuously make him throw the football play from behind, then those mistakes can start to pop up. Right now, Jalen Hurts has one hundred and fifty six consecutive passes under pressure without an interception. So even when there's pressure, physical pressure, they're not putting the ball in harm's way and they're dumping it off underneath, they're hitting those shallow crossing they're just continuously working the ball methodically down the field.
Speaker 6: Where if you're able to put.
Speaker 4: Them in a situation where they're down a touchdown, down two touchdowns, and your offense is doing what they do best, which is put up points, then all of a sudden, their offense gets completely out of whack because they anticipate their defense just setting the tongue. That's what they rely that's where they start it all and that's where they want to finish it all.
Speaker 7: Like they don't mind punting when they absolutely needs it, like all right, sure if it's on fourth and one, I'm going to get the ball back like it's fine, exactly. They have so much confidence in their defense, and that's I think the Achilles heel, Like you have to attack their defense.
Speaker 1: You know what's going to be interesting to watch though.
Speaker 3: And first of all, let's see if the officials officiated the way it should be done.
Speaker 5: You're starting, oh yeah, you know what I mean, probably just not getting third and shorts.
Speaker 3: I agree with that in the event that you do, which eventually you will, because I mean you're never going to go sixty minutes of football and not be in a third and short situation. I mean, it's it's just going to happen, right, because mistakes happen, they.
Speaker 1: Will not be in a third and one situation all game all.
Speaker 3: Are you saying that with your chase? I would love, But that means you got to speak up.
Speaker 4: We're not going to see it.
Speaker 3: Yeah I didn't say that. He said one, not a single time. Will you being third one? I would love for that to beat.
Speaker 1: No third ones? First driving, no third one, no third ones. I'm with it.
Speaker 7: I don't know how that happened.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 7: I'm with you.
Speaker 5: But what what makes your game is gonna be different than what people believe. What makes you say that they're struggling on an interior office of line, they're really struggling. If you go back and watch the Detroit game that the interior d linemen which are not like.
Speaker 1: That's not their strong suits not and the lane Johnson's hurt.
Speaker 5: Okay, So I mean, so they're there there, their their wing is is injured, and then their freaking cabin is all busted upright, you know, I'm saying the glasses.
Speaker 1: Their freaking windshield is cracked.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's whatever wants to come through that windshield is coming through that windshield. And we just happen to have arguably the best Tannement interior defensive line in the league next to Philly.
Speaker 1: So here's what's going to happen.
Speaker 4: Hold on, were those two separate metaphors very much a wing and there playing is jacked? Oh so it's a plane now it's not it's the wing.
Speaker 1: Okay, I did that, But I don't know what you want me.
Speaker 4: So the wing is all is Jack, John, don't do this.
Speaker 1: I don't want to go go gadget so I don't know the wing is Jack the way he's you might want.
Speaker 4: I'm thinking about mad here.
Speaker 1: That's what my visual.
Speaker 5: So in the interior office line, it's not good. I'm just telling I agree.
Speaker 1: I agree.
Speaker 5: So I really think that you. I think that Dallas is gonna truly disrupt what they're doing. And I'm asking, I'm pleading that that coach Eberflus allows these cornerbacks to go up and press like play a J.
Speaker 1: Brown. Man a man?
Speaker 4: Can you can you look at your camera and give mattiberfl coach, dude.
Speaker 5: Please allow your interior office of lineman, defensive lineman to go him press up on a J.
Speaker 1: Brown. Go put your most physical defensive back on a J. Brown.
Speaker 5: Sit on the inside pocket because he can't outrun your your dbs.
Speaker 4: He can't.
Speaker 5: He doesn't have to go juice any Sit on the inside hip, jam him up at the line of scrimmage, yap to him. Double Davonte Smith and make sure that your linebackers get get jams on.
Speaker 1: Goddard. That's what I'm asking.
Speaker 5: Make it hard for goddr to get off the line of scrimmage, sit on the inside hip of AJ Brown. Freaking I Honda go make these guys play sho make them play street fighter for the remainder of the week. Okay, get him in the corner and up. He can't run over the top, all right, And I guarantee you that you will have two turnovers via the air if you do that, because there's gonna become a point in time. If you can stop Sakwan Barkby from running the ball what you did last time, and you're gonna do a better job this time. Arguably, then he's gonna then Hurts is gonna have no choice but to put the ball up. And if Devontae Smith is doubled up, he can't go over there, and he's gonna try to force it the AJ Brown, him and A J. Brown are not in sync. Okay, they're not in sync. They're not an R and B group and they're not a bluetooth that you can't do it. So let him throw all over the top pick a.
Speaker 7: Ball doing that.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 5: Here's here's the thing, like it's it's really not like Kevin Patulo's schemes are trash. Players are not. Schemes are trash, are predictable. You can disrupt everything that they're doing by literally going up there, play play a j man the man like there. They would be appalled that you're doing it.
Speaker 1: Prove me wrong, prove me wrong.
Speaker 3: See, you just kind of made my point as far as number one, I want everything you said to come true.
Speaker 4: Sounds great.
Speaker 3: Matter of fact, let me just say it in my full blown Southern I want every damn thing you said come true, Isaiah.
Speaker 1: Start a fight.
Speaker 6: Just sounds like I said, you.
Speaker 3: Just said something that's This is what makes it difficult for me to fathom going against a team with this much talent, regardless of how trash their coordinator is, which I agree, somebody's going to get nine yards on a second and ten and that's how you get third and one. So when the third and one had happens, which I hope never does, when it happens to push versus Quinn Williams and Kinny Cork.
Speaker 7: I love the Savannah ax, so it still works.
Speaker 1: I mean, but oh, that wasn't Savannah accent. You know, that was more normal talk.
Speaker 4: That was more Yeah, you're you're more talking like your regular talking voice still has like tweaks of Savannah in there. And then but then when you tried to go more southern, you sounded like uh Brian Kelly and the press conference and he took the LSU job. My family a like, dude, shut up, dude, you're from Indiana from Lord.
Speaker 6: Oh dude, it's terrible. Have you watched that video? It's awful Brian Kelly.
Speaker 3: Shit, But yeah, is much much different if I let that Loos, just like the Atlanta accident is. If I let that, lucy 'all won't understand what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: Don't let me get a little up in here, Lobos.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 1: I want everything Isaiah said to come true. I do.
Speaker 3: But in the event the the toush push comes into play, I want the officials to officiate it how they need to do your jobs. That's what you're getting paid to do. And I would love to see it versus Quinn Williams, because Quinn Williams was asked about it and he's not going up against the touch push before.
Speaker 1: So I want to see all touch bushes. It's a rugby place, so I mean, it's it's very difficult to stop.
Speaker 3: So I'm not even more when you're letting them get off the ball before it starts for now.
Speaker 5: So I'm less concerned about that because I don't think third one is gonna happen.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: You might get down the goal line and it happens, but.
Speaker 5: I don't whatever, touch pushes, touch push, you find yourself in that situation, you're probably screwed. But I don't forcee either. I don't think there might. I'm obviously standing up on a big old mountain by myself. But yeah, no third ones.
Speaker 4: I like it. Brian Kelly's also from Massachusetts, by the way, so still very much.
Speaker 3: So, even less of a likelihood than he would have have that it's more Indiana would have.
Speaker 4: I'm going to show you this video and this in the break here in a second, but we're gonna we got to take our break because we got to have time for lab code need segment.
Speaker 6: Pat, what do we got coming up?
Speaker 3: Since we're talking about the offense of the Philadelphia Eagles and we're talking about Quinn Williams and that in defensive interior for the Cowboys, let's talk about exactly how well they're playing off of each other on Talk and Cowboys.
Speaker 4: Oh, when we come back If you're looking for fresh American roasted coffee that gives back, you need to head to your local grocery store and pick up a bag of Black Rifle Coffee. That's right, America's coffee is now available in the coffee aisle of a grocery store near you. Black Rifle Coffee Company is veteran founded with a mission to give back to those brave men and women who have served our nation. Every bag box or can you purchase help support that mission.
Speaker 6: Head to your local grocery store and roast yourself some Black Rifle coffee today.
Speaker 9: If you shout how about them Cowboys, you have that undeniable passion that's the heart of Cowboys Nation. And if you like to drink Doctor Pepper, you love the unique blend of its twenty free flavors. Together, you're one of a kind fandom paired with the one of a kind taste of a delicious ice cold Doctor Pepper is the game day lineup that can't.
Speaker 4: Be beat better.
Speaker 9: Yet, gather your Cowboys and Doctor Pepper fan friends to watch the next game and crack open a delicious ice cold Doctor Pepper for everyone.
Speaker 7: The wins will be even taste here it's a pepper thing.
Speaker 4: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black, and right now, Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order plus. Because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping.
Speaker 6: The Jack Black Playmaker is four.
Speaker 4: Of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy liptball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. I'm home, Hey, mom, before you ask, I've done my homework and the dishwashers unloading.
Speaker 1: Nice?
Speaker 4: Hey can you ahn? Yes, I've got the finale ready to play. Here's your one.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 4: Isn't it nice not having to ask?
Speaker 1: We think so.
Speaker 10: That's why if there's a network interruption, at and T will proactively credit you for a full day of service guarantee credit for fiber downtime lasting twenty minutes or more, or for wireless downtime lasting sixty minutes and more caused by a single incident impact in ten more Towers. Strictions and exclusions apply at dot com slash guarantee for details.
Speaker 4: To Talking Cowboys back here on Talking Cowboys presented by Black Rifle Coffee Company. This segment, of course, brought to you by Black Rifle, where you could win or you could wear your Cowboys gear to a Black Rifle Coffee location on.
Speaker 3: Game days and gets and such as sure and such as.
Speaker 4: Yeah, pretty much everything except for what Isaiah's.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't know what's going this is Isaiah's got.
Speaker 4: A chill out special edition. Oh god for a special edition.
Speaker 1: I see, just get hot near my goodness, Isaiah.
Speaker 4: Oh, this is a special edition specially let's give that's what's one of the that's supposed to be behind it.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry to check this out, sand bag. I am.
Speaker 7: On all platforms, if all platforms, heywall or not, and those who may first month is for stand back actually has his own fragrance. By the way, colomb Oh, I wear allay Isaiah all the time.
Speaker 1: Yep, sir, you can.
Speaker 4: You can get fifty percent off your first month by using the code t.
Speaker 5: L K C W B O S if you wear the standback sent in the Black Rifle coffee company.
Speaker 1: You won't get a discuss.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you'll get kicked out, all right, back here with Patrick Locker zero percent off, Yes, Isaiah's bag, Chris Beam in the back. You'll leave a pleasant sense behind.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So it is a Thursday, which means later today on Dallas Cowboys dot com, Dallas Dallas Cowboys dot There, it is, there, it is. There will be a I know there will be a science lab. I'm transitioning, guys. Science lab will be up later on Dallas Cowboys dot Com. And leading into that, we have Patrick Nocy Walker with a little bit of a science lab lab coat what I mean? And beamur yes, science.
Speaker 3: Yeah, lab coat. Here we go, labcoat with a k If you're nasty, I know you are. We're gonna talk about really quickly. We all know that Quinn Williams played extremely well in his debut, Yes he did. And looking at the film and then looking at the advanced statistics on next Gen Stats and tell you exactly how well he played, and then I'll tell you how others fed off of that. First and foremost of one thing that jumped up off of the film for me was his get off. Okay, so I was curious for a man that's over three hundred pounds, who can't who can fire off the snap that quickly? I wanted to see who else had had a get off time that was that elite. Max Crosby's was one point one zero seconds on average on thirty pass rushes.
Speaker 7: What is earth on?
Speaker 1: I'm standing here?
Speaker 3: Quinn Williams was one point zero eight seconds on only two fewer pass rushes. So the numbers are directly comparable because they almost had the same number of pass rushes. And Quinn Williams was getting off the ball quicker than Max Crosby.
Speaker 1: That is absolutely insane. For a guy that's.
Speaker 3: Fifty forty pounds forty fifty pounds heavier than Max Crosby, what did that allow him to do?
Speaker 1: That allowed him to.
Speaker 3: That allowed him to get a quarterback pressure over expectation of plus eight percent. That was the highest of any Cowboys player in that game.
Speaker 4: I like those words.
Speaker 3: This was his his debut, this was his first time playing in the Cowboys uniform. With this playbook in Matt eber Flus and Quinn Williams had the highest quarterback the over expectation of any Cowboys player. Here's what's even better. Now we know that, we know he's gonna draw double teams. Those double teams are going to allow other guys to have straight up matchups, right, But then what is Quinn Williams doing with these double teams. He was plus three percent roughly when double team as hard as his success rate is concerned.
Speaker 1: So he's winning when you throw two guys at him.
Speaker 3: So that also goes to just how unstoppable Quinn Williams was and good got off is just as good when.
Speaker 1: You got two guys them.
Speaker 3: Okay, oh, now some fans are going to say, oh, well, no, see it was against the Raiders.
Speaker 1: You're right, but.
Speaker 3: We're also talking about Quinn Williams. It's not as if he's not been dominated against some of the best teams no matter who you're playing, and your get off as you get off, you get off as you get off. But as far as the success rates and the pressure nifectation and things like that, my point is you you can't this is one player. You can't you what was the Raiders to color the impact that he had. Because he's been so great over the course of his young career against so many good teams.
Speaker 7: He's proven it. As we have a question.
Speaker 5: I just want to add value to what you're providing science that you're dropping on lap code segment. People need to understand that. Coming prior to coming to the Dallas Cowboys, Quinn Williams was primarily a three technique. Primarily a three technique. When you go back and look at all his Jets film, he played three technique. Do you know what he played when he was here? What's that his first game? What's that one?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Play nose one tech.
Speaker 5: Nos, Kenny Clark got moved out to the three technique. For those that don't understand, you start to count with zero over the center and you move gradually move out from the outside shutter. You go one, two, three, Okay, all right, So the the even numbers are head up on officeive lineman. Zero's head up over the center, two's head up over the guard. Okay, Three would be the outside shade of the guard. So Kenny Clark got moved out to Quinn and williams normal position, and Quinn Williams came to the one technique, meaning that he was lined up in the gap between the center and the guard. So these statistics that my man over here is stating were literally against two people almost every time.
Speaker 3: Now, let me piggyback off ohead, sir, because you mentioned Kenny Clark. So let's talk about double teams and how it works. So how many times was Quinn Williams double team fourteen times? Okay, so he drew double teams fourteen times, Kenny Clark, and he drew five dropbacks or something like that, twenty eight dropbacks, twenty eight Kenny Klark. Kenny Clark, he had thirty two dropbacks. He drew a double team thirteen times, and he had a plus two percent success rate. So your two interior defensive linemen are doing what they're supposed to do and drawing the double teams to free up your edges, but they're also still effective against those double teams. Didn't now say that over the last time you did?
Speaker 7: You did?
Speaker 1: Interesting you did.
Speaker 3: Now let's parlay this to the defensive end spot with those two.
Speaker 5: Guys on talking cowboys, right, with those two guys of taking up that those types of assignments.
Speaker 3: You have James Houston, who was double team a few of the four times. Dante followed double teamed zero number of times. Donovan Zraku was double teamed zero number of times.
Speaker 4: David clown zero Spanish.
Speaker 3: Yes, Jevon Clowney was double team there. Who knows once your defensive ends now I know, yeah, I know your defensive ends now are seeing one v ones.
Speaker 4: So again, to.
Speaker 3: Put this in perspective as far as going up against a an Eagles offensive line that has taken a huge step back that I not have, Lane John got to just making sure you're seeing across the board effectiveness because it's not simply Quinn Williams, but he is absolutely a problem. But Kenny Clark next to him and then mixing osa Osa had six pressures on thirty two rushes almost nineteen percent.
Speaker 1: He drew fourteen double teams.
Speaker 3: Still got his sack, still had three quarterback kids six percent plus six percent win double team plus six percent success rate, higher than even Quinning, higher than Kenny Clark.
Speaker 1: Unbelievable.
Speaker 3: Now, you just need this to translate and it can again against the Philadelphia Eagles offensive line that just has not been world.
Speaker 7: So he definitely had to trade for an edge rusher.
Speaker 4: Right, I'm really glad we talked Isaiah into wanting a defensive tackle. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I just want to raise my hand so that I can have Josh talk.
Speaker 7: I mean we definitely had to trade for an edge rusher, right, Yeah, that was necessary. We needed to do that. That was the spot.
Speaker 3: Why is this You gotta suck me both the go ahead and run, just go ahead and run.
Speaker 1: The sound brother, go ahead and running.
Speaker 6: Oh jeez, I'm glad.
Speaker 4: I'm glad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh brother, this guy sticks, also shouts out to the chest. Y'all got me cracking up. Yes, I'll spend a few hours studying the guy's get off.
Speaker 4: Yes you did get off.
Speaker 5: Time was against two guys, against two guys, against three guys.
Speaker 1: Get off with the guys, get off, double teams, getting off.
Speaker 5: The best get off of his life. Yeah, he had the best game of his life. Good thing, best performance he's ever had. Good thing he wore the white pants, best performance ever had. Kyle, I think that's I think. Yeah, we gotta get we gotta get to the more shoulders.
Speaker 4: That's it.
Speaker 6: We're cutting it off. It's time to go home. It's time to keep going. Say it with your chest Friday tomorrow. If this wasn't saying it with your chest, and I don't know what would be.
Speaker 4: We appreciate you guys ready watching.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we've got to get you popcorn ready.
Speaker 4: We're gonna wear our family hoodies tomorrow. Tomorrow, it's just Friday. Dude. You look like the farnh for Patrick No seawalker for Josh Rodriguez, Isaiah stand back. I'm Chris Bean. We'll see you tomorrow with more talking cowboys. Oh man, that's hilarious.
Speaker 2: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.