Speaker 1: Mister Dennison, We're so happy that you're here on the House of Hallowell to talk about the show. Briand's going to give a really quick synopsis.
Speaker 2: Season one, episode three, Thank You for Not Morphing, premiered October twenty first, nineteen ninety eight.
Speaker 3: The mysterious return of Victor.
Speaker 2: Halliwell gives new meaning to the term daddy issues when the Hallewell sisters realize their long lost.
Speaker 3: Father is back for the Book of Shadows.
Speaker 2: While the sisters suspect their dad has sinister motives, a trio of shape shifting neighbors are the real culprits.
Speaker 3: Why do you sound more and more like Kasey Kasem. Sorry, we should really give this back to Drew. No, I don't think so. I'm enjoying this.
Speaker 1: I mean I literally just wrote on here and I love him doing this, like to Holly, because you really get into this whole like voiceover actor the don't have a future in this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I love it. It's so good and welcome to Daddy number one forever known as Daddy number one. Yes, Tony Dennison.
Speaker 4: My wife tells me when she goes to different places, and she says, oh, my husband's an actor, and they say, oh, you know what has he even in? Oh yeah, I saw that show. And then they go, wait a minute. He was the first father on Charmed.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, you were Daddy number one ER's father, which is really interesting.
Speaker 3: Can I ask, like, what happened?
Speaker 4: I remember what's his name? Les Sheldon called me in and or called me on the phone and said, because I had a really nice relationship with Aaron. You know, I met him through Michael Mann, and like, Aaron just became.
Speaker 1: Sort of like a just just drop that name right there, Michael Mann just one of the best directors in the world.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, well anyway.
Speaker 4: That's how I met him. Met him at a birthday party for Brandon and tartakoffin For some reason, Aaron just took a tremendous liking to me. And then I I get this call, you know, several like couple of years later, would you like to do this thing? And I said, yeah, sure, you know, for you, of course I'll do it. And uh and then what happened is I got a call from Less and he said that I even though I was the right age at the time, Uh, you know, I had to show them I knew my age, and you know, I think I remember I showed one of you guys my driver's license to let you know it was really like forty something or whatever, and uh and they said, no, you just look too young. They said, you just look like there was a scene you did with Shannon where you like you were holding her and it thought it were more like you were going to date her rather than to be here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what we said. Yesterday.
Speaker 4: I said, I can't help was to put some gray in my hair? What do you want me to do? I mean, I don't know what to do. And because I really had a ball.
Speaker 1: But working on the show, there were a few moments where like, I remember Holly as Piper, So.
Speaker 3: Now, why are we going back to my moment? But your moment was first know you was, Yes, it was when you said there was sexual attention there.
Speaker 1: Well, you told me that there was sexual attention and I, okay, agrees, I only saw it.
Speaker 3: What is the line that I'm not telling you?
Speaker 1: When Holly looked at you and said, we're still your little girls, just witches? Like the way she said it was so sexual, and I was like, it was not inappropriate.
Speaker 4: Your father was it was it a Lissa, one of you guys came and visited me. And when I was at the hotel.
Speaker 5: Phoebe and he comes and visits while you're getting massaged, I.
Speaker 4: Had a towel around me. It was like, and she was.
Speaker 1: Wearing like a low cut, really tight top also, and then you're in a towel with a robe over it and you hug her and I'm like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And she said, hello, Daddy.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 1: Exactly, Hello Daddy. A man that I haven't seen since I was one years old, but now I.
Speaker 4: Call him my mind, my mind as a as a man, you know, is Tony never traveled to that place ever. So it was just, I guess just the fact that I just looked young, so too young.
Speaker 1: Well, I thought you were amazing in the episode. I thought you were really good and personally, I think it was a hard episode to do just because of the whole like morphing aspect and all of that. Like there were some you know, things that were a little odd about it.
Speaker 4: Well, it was the first time meet I had done one science fiction thing with Mario van People's It was about where I turned into a werewolf for something. It was full of clips on HBO anyway, But this was the first time I had to do something where you know, they said, do you gotta I remember the first three times I could stop laughing. I said, I'm not no offense to you guys. I say, I just and so somebody came over and said, just trust me, it's gonna look okay, and I said, no, no, I believe, I said, but I just.
Speaker 3: Is that when I threw you through the like that.
Speaker 4: One was when I went like that. I saw that the other day. I was watching something and they were showing a clip from the one. The other day I always do that. It was about like six months ago, something was on TV and there I am like going sailing backwards like you know, uh because you would put some you know, juju on me, and I went flying backwards.
Speaker 3: She was she was moving you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I remember doing it. And then when I looked looked at the episode and I said, I'm like, god, that really works, you.
Speaker 3: Know, like it did work. That's when he died. That's when there was two of them in one.
Speaker 4: Of them show. I loved working with you guys, and also too, I mean, you know all this like this, uh, this like ancillary stuff. You get to do with comic cons and stuff like that. I mean my friend Mary McDonald, who I did The Closer with, and and and major Crimes. You know, she was on Battlestar Galactica.
Speaker 3: One of those. She's very popular in the.
Speaker 4: World with that comic con stant I mean Germany, France, Japan, all over America. And you make money too.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I just saw her last weekend in Boston.
Speaker 4: She's a great person. She is Mary McDonald. I really enjoyed working with her.
Speaker 1: Okay, so let's break down this episode. It starts with us the three girls leaving and going to their neighbor's house party, and you were like, oh, I love this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is like the only sort of there's a lot of moments, but this is like the sort of like coalescing sister moment, sisterhood moment when we're going to a party and you don't want to go and we're going and we're dressed and wow, and those outfits lived on in the credits for years for me. So there is that. I liked my outfit. I know.
Speaker 5: What's interesting is Okay, so what we had a problem with the last episode, it's kind of instantly fixed as you guys work together doing an activity, right, right, So it instantly kind of course corrects, which is awesome. What is it Fritz Marshall? And who's the other one?
Speaker 3: Cinda?
Speaker 5: Cinda s right. But what we don't know, or what you don't know, Prue doesn't know, is the fact that Phoebe has gone behind your back and kind of invited Andy to the most.
Speaker 1: Random and again, why is he showing up? Like he didn't get the phone call from me, He got it from like my meddling little sister like he did.
Speaker 3: Why does he show up?
Speaker 1: It's so it's I mean, just speaking as a woman, there's nothing that's a bigger turn off than that from a guy, because it does feel like stalking.
Speaker 3: It also feels like they're just so needy for you, and that, especially.
Speaker 1: When you're in your twenties, that's a big turnoff because you kind of want a challenge.
Speaker 3: It's a hard no. Yeah, it's a hard no.
Speaker 1: Like I don't know why they made Andy so stockersh and needy. It's not pleasant, and I end up leaving like because a I don't want to see Andy and I didn't want to go to the party. And so yeah, we meet our neighbors, which is really funny because you never see them like prior.
Speaker 5: But you basically have grown up with them or grow up with that house your whole life. Yes, but so it establishes that you kind of leave andy and the dust there rightfully so rightfully so, and then it's kind of the next the next morning, there's the dog.
Speaker 3: There's the dog.
Speaker 1: Strange dog in the house. Why is Pru running from a Rottweiler? Like, why is she scared? She can literally toss the dog because we're trying to want to toss dogs. Yet well, I mean, personally I don't like tossing dogs. But she's gone through killing Javna and all of this stuff with her sisters. Why is she not standing up to the rottweiler? We couldn't afford another spin effect except for the glowing eyes. So for the glowing eyes, they were outside of the dogs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they were askew just.
Speaker 5: A little bit. I don't but you know, I always love looking at those scenes because they jack up the mic of a barking dog. But probably that dog was the sweetest thing on the planet. When it chases you out of the house, it's like kind of chasing you. But not really, not really.
Speaker 3: I also personally love Rottweiler, so I want to know why you don't recognize your own daddy.
Speaker 5: That's my big note for this, the whole episode, Like, I love how everything's played out.
Speaker 3: So the next day, I'm visited by a man.
Speaker 1: Strange, man strange, man Andrew, who has this special ring and has come to me to tell him about it, supposedly, And I found it odd, yes, that Prue didn't recognize him, because it's not like she was one. I was four, you were four, Phoebe was one, and I'm assuming Prue was what six or seven? Like you remember your father, You remember what he looks like, particularly when he leaves you, and you're so devastated about it that years and years and years later you're carrying, you're harboring, like all this ill will against him.
Speaker 3: Maybe he had some really great plastic surgery and he looks far too young now, so confusing.
Speaker 1: He dyed his hair, perhaps, but you give me this ring. And that's the other thing, like why did it take so long for her to put two and two together? The ring is so suspicious as she's going through it that she's like, oh, it comes from this time which dates back to witches and all of that.
Speaker 3: But it still took her. I'm like, is Prune not like very smart? You were distracted by your obsessive relationship.
Speaker 1: I was too distracted by the handsome man in front of me, because like, god, he's sure is better than Andy.
Speaker 5: To look, Tony's horrified right now, he's like good looking.
Speaker 1: Here's the whole reason why I didn't come back you, Shannon, sorry, Rocky.
Speaker 5: Talk about daddy issues. So, but like, was that scene discussed or was it kind of one of those hindsight type of things where it's like, whoa, that's so weird. Of course everyone would recognize their parents.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let me remind you, Drew.
Speaker 1: This was sort of more in the beginning episodes of the season where.
Speaker 3: We didn't get to ask questions. There wasn't a lot of discussion.
Speaker 1: Okay, it wasn't like a you know, hey, let's talk with the writers and voice our opinion.
Speaker 5: There was no time for thumping you before, like on the day, back in the day.
Speaker 1: I'm sure it must have, right, Yeah, I'm pretty sure that we always had questions about stuff because I think as an actor, you track your character perhaps more closely than others. And if it doesn't make sense in your head of like where your character started and where they're at and where they're progressing to, it's a red flag. And I know that we discussed red flags all the time on this. We were like, oh, this isn't right. But regardless, it comes out that you're my long lost father, and the amount of anger that I have for you is pretty overwhelming. And you're just I like how you played it because you were very calm.
Speaker 3: You were.
Speaker 1: It's like you said your peace, but you were very calm about it, which really left me once I actually watched the show, and I think the audience even more suspicious of you because you were so.
Speaker 4: Regards and life there let me tell you. Oh yeah yeah, and I know, and i'd even I don't know what, I guess my agent or somebody at the time had called up Less and uh and you know, and then I then well, then they said, well, maybe you should just call Aaron yourself, And so I called Aaron and he was very nice to me and he just said, he says, Tony, it's uh, this is the way we're going. No offense. He goes, I'll take care of you again. Some other way, and he did, I mean he did. He he had me come on, I guess what the hell was the show melrose Place? Yeah, that one of his shows, melrose Yes, melrose Place. So he called me up. So they said, I said, melrose Place. You know, it's not my cup of tea. I don't really watch it. I you know, I mean not that they don't, not that it's bad, it's just not my cup of tea. And they said, he's going to pay you. He's gonna want you to do ten episodes and he's going to pay you this amount.
Speaker 3: And I said, what you're like, I'll drink that tea now.
Speaker 4: And I said how much? And they said yeah, I said, so I called him up and Aaron, this is insane. I said, oh my god, thank you so much. He goes, I'm a billionaire. What you should have asked for more?
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, that's not how our.
Speaker 4: A millionaire is a billionaire.
Speaker 3: So so that's amazing.
Speaker 1: Good for you because you made a lot more money that way than you would have just stayed on your.
Speaker 4: I mean, I couldn't believe it. My agent was like, they were all like, what what is this about, honey? Aaron? He gonna take care. He's going to take care of you.
Speaker 5: So I wish producers were still like that when they just want to take care, take care.
Speaker 4: He's like old school kind of guy, original gangster kind of guy. You know. You know, Aaron started he was the musical director on I Dream a Janie.
Speaker 3: I did not know that. I didn't know that.
Speaker 4: Look up Old I Dream Jinie credits at the end and Aaron Spelling musical director.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, he was so involved with the musical selections and having bands in the show. And I think there were bands in nine o two and oh that that makes sense to me because the musical aspect of all of his shows was like the second main character we had on Nanatuino.
Speaker 1: We had the peach Pit after dark, Yes you did turn into a nightclub, and then Piper had P three Yeah, and that was all him and the.
Speaker 4: Guy who replaced me, James. I know, James. We weren't like you know, we weren't like homies or anything like that, but we knew each other, always very respectful when we saw each other, you know. And and he came up to me one time and he said, you know, I guess you know I'm replacing you. I said, no, I didn't know that, And I said, but have fun, you know, have a good time. I mean, what am I going to do is kill him so that I can do the wrong.
Speaker 3: You know, you guys are very different too. It's completely different. It is a completely different fun. It's a completely different character with him doing it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like, I don't know, was he more did he play the character a.
Speaker 3: Little bit more meek and mild? He was? He's just very conservative, very white bread, very yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, whereas you were like the hot chatty number one.
Speaker 3: I think too that.
Speaker 4: I was like, it's sort of like almost a gangster background.
Speaker 3: You know, yes, too much heat, brought too much.
Speaker 4: I thought they could have, you know, had fun, you know, farming that in other scripts. Absolutely any illusion about being a regular on the show, but you know, reoccurring on the show and playing like you know, the devil, make care devil creating kind of guy, mischief, creating a guy. It would have been fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would have.
Speaker 4: It wasn't meant to be. But I'm telling you, I I always look back on that, uh, that episode, and that experience is always very fondly and uh, you know, and I just I guess because I liked I was having such a good time and I was. When they told me I wasn't coming back, I was like, damn, I said that, you know, all of this stuff, I said that stuff is fun, it's great, and you know, then I got to really like it. You know.
Speaker 1: You know what's interesting is I don't think they ever told us when they were replacing someone, like we had no idea, just like we had no idea about Andy, Like it was always after the fact, so they would make their decision, let the person know, and then maybe days later, a week later, two weeks later, months later, we would find out. And it was it was always sort of confusing, and I don't ever remember being given like a reason.
Speaker 3: Well, even Andy was different in the pilot. It wasn't Bka either, but it was another guy playing Andy in the pilot, and then they hired tw right, so there was a lot of cast changing and there was a lot of shuffling going on.
Speaker 1: Going back to this episode, So we have our little conversation where I'm like, stay away from us.
Speaker 3: You abandoned us.
Speaker 1: I want nothing to do with you, and and you're like, no, let's all go to lunch. I you know, want to see my other daughters. And I go home and I let you guys know that I saw you and my sisters betraying me were like, yes, we want to see him.
Speaker 3: Curiosity killed the cat, so sad.
Speaker 5: I actually thought that that discussion was that scene was well written because it definitely painted merit for both sides, positives and negatives. That was kind of my takeaway. It felt very real and grounded. You could definitely see sisters longing and needing like a father figure. And they came up with the reasons why, and you were very much one hundred percent justified in your reasons why. It's like it's bad idea, bad news. He's only here, Like there's he's up to no good. So, like, I think it did a really good job of making sure that both sides were heard and ultimately everyone's an adults. You're going to do what you want to do. Phoebe pulls the trigger, yeah, because she's desperate and like and that's it's a it's a it's very consistent with her character. I felt her kind of jumping the gun and wanting to go see Victor on her own. Yeah, it was like if she got told no about anything. She went ahead and did it anyway. So but I can also understand certainly her character. There's no way you can one you can remember that person.
Speaker 2: So the.
Speaker 1: Like heart wrenching part of that, and wanting to know your father so bad, and yeah, the need. So I think I understood it was more Piper not agreeing with me that I was.
Speaker 3: I was like, but Piper, Holly, what's going on with your character right now? She was four. But I would not go, you know, interrupt a massage session.
Speaker 5: No, but it definitely I think it was. I think it was justified and it totally consistent with Phoebe's character to kind of go, I agree. Okay, So when Phoebe goes to the hotel room and you know, you're getting a massage and it's a very to me seemed a little on the sexual side, and she goes to give you a hug, she has the premonition of you holding the Book of Shadows, and I just remember that shot of you with the book and you have this sort of what I took is slightly sinister look on your face holding the Book of Shadows. It was really good because again it convinces the audience more that you're a bad guy, and that Prue, who I think was always right was you know, like, yep, I'm right, you do look a little like the Godfather in that shot. And then you offer her a massage, which you know, as one does, as daddy does.
Speaker 1: So then it we go back to the house where the weird Maleman guy breaks into the house and his finger turns into a key so he can get in to try to steal the Book of Shadows. But the book he could get it out of the attic, but he couldn't get it out of the house.
Speaker 3: And the sad part is he morphs into Andy, and you don't realize that Andy's not Andy. It's like you guys never know each other. But because I'm so used to Andy, like just showing up randomly.
Speaker 5: Exactly and just being at the house, I thought tw played that version really well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he did a version of him being weird.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like, hey, I don't know what the note was on the day, but like just do that, And.
Speaker 2: It would have been a great spot for you to be like, look, you just can't be showing up everywhere, yeah, like all the time.
Speaker 5: Now you're in my house and I'm even here, right.
Speaker 1: And like, I see the book where it's not supposed to be, and then I move it underneath the cabinet. It's beyond beliefs. And I just think that the door is open yet again. Andy just happened to be driving by, and he just happens to be inside the house because he saw the door, and the Book of Shadows is no longer in the attic.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you why I'm getting good at this, Okay, Because Phoebe doesn't put stuff away and she never has her keys, so she didn't lock the door. Wait, no, the door was locked. The door was Oh no, it was open because and but let's not trust Dad.
Speaker 1: Like right, let's not trust Dad, but let's trust Andy, who's stalking me and is in the house for the Book of Shadows no longer in the attic.
Speaker 3: It just I watched it. I'm like, God, Pru is so stupid. She's she's busy, he's distracted, she's got a lot on her.
Speaker 5: Victor's kind of got you off, like on edge a little bit.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 1: I think this is the episode where I wore the Don't Shake Upona shoes.
Speaker 3: I couldn't tell you it is. It was actually a great outfit the whole thing.
Speaker 1: It was like a little water thing and a striped skirt, and then when I pick up the book, it's a.
Speaker 3: The book. Yes, well, I.
Speaker 5: Also like that this is kind of is I like when mythical sci fi magic starts establishing certain rules, and I like that this establishes we now know that the book cannot be taken out of the house by anyone but you guys, And I'm assuming that will continue to play out through like the book is probably like a prize possession from various demons, so most of the time, yes, yeah, And.
Speaker 1: I think, isn't it a spell that like Graham's put on it where it couldn't leave the house.
Speaker 3: Just that evil can't take the book? But okay, you'll see.
Speaker 4: Evil couldn't take the book from the house.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, so it has to be one of us to take it out.
Speaker 4: I don't remember. But could evil, like you know, cast spells from the book in the house as long.
Speaker 3: As yes they could? Yes, what season is that, I don't know, Probably whenever Drew showed up. Oh that's interesting, so then you know, proves very much like I'm not going to dinner. I like the dinner scene, and you two.
Speaker 1: Are like, we are going to dinner and it cuts to you guys at dinner, and I too liked the dinner scene.
Speaker 3: See, but I like all the family stuff, so that's why I like it.
Speaker 1: I just I liked your guys reactions to him, like both you and Alyssa were you know, really there was like moments of being let down because he didn't remember something, and then there were moments of like pure hope on your guys faces. I like, are we actually going to get to connect with our dad?
Speaker 3: And there was like Flambay, like I don't care how good of actors we are. You at Flambay or Flambey lying nan Bay. When you add it to that equation, there's just no saving it. But he knows about it powers. We established that right I walk in.
Speaker 1: We start having confrontation. You go to save the Flambee that's about to get knocked over because you trip Tony. You tripped the waiter in order to you know, get one of us to use our powers, and of course it's Piper. And then you start saying like, okay, so you can free stuff, you can move stuff with your mind and you can see premonitions. By the way, how did your character, like know what our three powers were, because as witches, you have all these different powers, but you were able to like narrow them down so easily.
Speaker 4: Well, I assume I don't remember, now, you know, I don't know if it's a blessing or a curse. When I do a show, no matter what, even when I no matter what, even if I'm a regular ounch, I don't remember a freaking episode when I leave. Sometimes the closure will be on and reruns and I'll look and I'll go, I don't even know what I did in that episode, and I'm watching the episode like it's for the first time. But I think I would assume that maybe the mother had told me what y'all were capable of doing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think everybody had a certain because Patty, Patty had premonition. She had the power of premonition. Patty was who your mother? Oh, Fanila?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I only know her as Fanola.
Speaker 3: I know, I didn't watch. And Penny, Penny, Penny was Grahams. Penny's Grahams. Yeah, she was just Grahams. Did we ever establish her name? Yeah? Later later?
Speaker 4: Do you guys? Do you guys remember every episode? I mean, not in detail? He did so many, But do you remember the episodes? Like if somebody tells you what the premise and and me, oh, I remember my character. I don't remember anything and any of.
Speaker 3: The kind of it's kind of a crapshoot. Like some some scenes and minds I will remember word for word, and others I just have no clue and it's just random. Like I will remember locations, I'll remember how the flowers smelled by the front door more than I will specific I'm.
Speaker 4: Like, I have like a razor sharp memory about history and geography and politics and all that stuff. But when it comes to shows that I've been in, somebody says, oh, you remember me when that, and I go, okay, I know I was on.
Speaker 5: I did what just before we go after dinner? It does We do need to hit on the fact that Phoebe gets the premonition that Victor steals the book that we've talked about, but the fact that she keeps this from her sisters up to this point I think is really important because ultimately Phoebe is looking for some sort of connection, some sort of anchor. She's making the concession that ultimately could put her sisters in jeopardy because She's needing to feel this connection and this love from an absentee father so much. And I think that's really interesting because that's like, I don't know if this is kind of establishes a pattern or a habit with her, but like to keep this massive secret from you two, I think ultimately could be very detrimental too.
Speaker 3: This is when we established her nickname is fibbing Phoebe. Right, okay, mm hmm, okay, Fibbing Phoebe. Yeah, I mean I would say that that's true, Drew.
Speaker 1: It's a really good observation though, because I think that there's a lot of things that you could look at Phoebe her like unhealthy obsession with, you know, bad boys, or wanting to be loved so bad, casting spells that like bring guys into your life, Like there's all of that, and I don't know how she progresses after season three, we'll certainly get to it. But right so, she has the premonition that he does affect steal the book. But because now he gets their power, they go back to the house to have the conversation, and Prue was still very much like, you know, you you hurt us, you abandon us, you were nothing and now you're here for nothing good. You're trying to take the book and Tony your characters, you know, trying desperately to defend yourself. But you admit like, yes, I'm here to take the book, but it's for your own good. And I think that that's when you see all of the sisters, but mainly Piper and Phoebe sort of become aware and start doubting you and saying we want to be which is this is what we're meant to do. But they still get mad at me when I toss you against a wall. Well it was a lot when they.
Speaker 4: Were doing that. I don't remember the contraption I was on, but I remember, you know, flying back. It's so funny, you know. Like I said, I don't remember a lot of anything I've done. I mean, you know, in one episode. But I do remember this show a lot, only because it was a character that I didn't think I would ever be cast at. I've always played gangsters, or I play cops, you know occasionally maybe you know a soldier or a general or something like that. But this was such a different, a whole different meal you do for me, I mean, and I was like, oh, and I thought okay, and it was all brand new. It was like it was like acting one O one all over again, going to your first job.
Speaker 1: But you brought us, you brought some of your gangster thing into it. Because when you leave the house and you go back to your hotel room and the warlocks are there, the shape shifters, sorry, not warlocks. You sat down in a chair and you pulled out a cigar. And I'm pretty sure that wasn't in the script that I think that was all you, and you like the cigar, and you're like, you know, all sitting back, very casual, smoking your cigar, and I remember being like, dude, he's a gangster.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: When I rewatched the episode yesterday or something, it was, it was a very gangster move on your part, for sure.
Speaker 3: Do you remember doing that? Do you remember?
Speaker 4: I know, I like to improvise a lot, and if they let me, I will. I don't have a change. I don't improvise and change plot points. I usually put my stuff at the beginning of a scene or at the end of the scene. If they don't like it, they can cut it out. But sometimes, you know, I'll respond to somebody in a certain way. I mean, I love props. I love using props, and you know, I mean I didn't study with but I learned read so many stories about people like Rando and Fonda and all and Jack Nicholas, all those guys. They all like to play with props, and so I love their work, you know, I just think they're amazing people. And so I try to bring props in as much as I can whenever I can if they let me.
Speaker 3: And that's so smart. I think I was always scared to use props because the script supervisor, you know, would have to say, like, you know, make sure that you mimic or copy it exactly like what that was when you were eating, when you were doing this, so that all the different angles you're matching, and it's easier for an editor. So I was so hyper aware of that. I know that you were as well.
Speaker 1: And it wasn't until I did the reboot of nine O two and oh where I was like, screw it and I ate in every single scene because I loved just like Brad Pitt and a couple of his movies where he was always eating, and so I was like, I'm going to do that too, to take myself out of my head and I liked it a lot, but I think uncharmed it was so hard because we had to match everything perfectly.
Speaker 3: There was also a lot of people in every scene too. I think, I don't think it's in this episode, but there's the one the one scene with Andy and his toothpick lord have mercy. Oh, we're getting there. I had a little bit of thoughts on that.
Speaker 1: So anyway, the shape shifters show up your at your hotel room, you light your cigar, and you know they're threatening to kill you, but you strike a deal with them that there's only one person who can get the book out of the house, and that's you. And so at that point, I think the audience, as I was, was very much like, oh.
Speaker 3: My god, what a bad daddy. Daddy number one.
Speaker 5: Is horrible and confirms he is working with the three more first shape shifters, and.
Speaker 4: I was doing it, if my memory serves me well, and based on who the character was, all of it was done in service to protect you three.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because when they walk into your hotel room or they appear in your hotel room, you say, let me you know, let me guess your shape shifters. So I don't think that you had been collaborating with them prior, because you were all of a sudden striking a deal with them and saying, let me guess her shape shifters.
Speaker 3: So very knowledgeable. It's daddy.
Speaker 1: I just think you were so worried about us that you felt like if you worked out a deal with them, you could protect us somehow.
Speaker 5: In a backwards way. Yeah, this is so interesting. I interpreted it completely the other way.
Speaker 1: No, then, how did you take the line of like, let me guess your shape shifters? Yeah, why wouldn't he have known that prior? No, they just meet them. She was like, I didn't hear that line nearin have to rewatch it.
Speaker 2: You're still looking at your shoes.
Speaker 5: Oh dang, oh, I can't believe I missed that. I literally watching this whole time. I totally thought they were all collaborate, like in collaboration. This is the second rewatch podcast. True, you're going to have to step up your game.
Speaker 3: Kid, Now.
Speaker 5: I caught it.
Speaker 2: As you know, Tony's character was he was sinking on the fly. I'm smarter than these guys. You've run into these guys before in the past lives twenty years ago, and you're like, I got these guys, and I'm going to protect the girl.
Speaker 3: He's thinking on his feet, sitting down with the cigar. I agree with you, BK, we got it. Yeah, Drew's in the wrong and treating them like they were in low level thugs. That's amazing.
Speaker 1: So you go there the next morning, the shape shifters think that they have a deal with you. You go there, you see Phoebe on the sidewalk and she's all freaked out by you because of her premonitions, and you're like, no, no, no, look, look, look deeper, look more, and she touches you, and she sees that you're, in fact not you know, trying to steal the book from.
Speaker 3: Us shape shifters city, right, So.
Speaker 1: Then Phoebe runs in and tells us that our neighbors are shape shifters.
Speaker 3: Then we have two daddies. We have two daddy number ones. And I say, first we had none, now we got two.
Speaker 5: That's right, great line, Thank you, great delivery of that line. Yeah, it kind of culminates in this like biblical what's that biblical story about? Uh, the baby being torn between two people and then someone says, I just cut it in half. And then Solomon Solomon splitting the baby sounds like my divorce.
Speaker 4: And then the real mother said, threw herself over the baby, said give it to her. You know I don't want.
Speaker 1: Right, which is what you do when we when Phoebe runs upstairs and gets the spell to banish these shape shifters or kill them. Rather, you know it would impact you as well and kill you. And I sort of moved the ring over to you so that you put that on. But you're still impacted by the spell, like your body is still you know, wiggling and right, and.
Speaker 3: But you live, You live through it, and you make peace with your daddy. And that's when I say, we're still your little girls. You did say it like that. I did know you can do it another take, please, no, now there's too much pressure. I just said it, We're still your little girls, just witches. That's not how you said, That's how I said it.
Speaker 1: You first off, you were like off to the side like this, and then you turned and you looked at him and you said, we're still your little girls, just witches.
Speaker 3: That's close. Yes, it was. It was sexy. It was so sexy. I was like, that's why we needed a new daddy too. Sexy. Gosh, too sexy for my shirt. I put it right there like it's my number one day. I know. I saw you scribbling it down real quick, real quick, heatedly.
Speaker 1: So you survive, we all make peace, we all forgive you. Everybody has a sexual odd moment with their dad. Yeah, you were hanging onto his arm. Yeah, and like my low cut top yep. Yeah, well hey, it was an Aaron's Funny show. It was like a requirement, can you can you show some cleavage? Can you put those girls up there a little bit more? And then the cool part it was Leo shows up and I was like, wow, like Leo's in an episode handy Man.
Speaker 2: Finally and then you just send me right upstairs and be we'll be right with you. Hey, we just had this whole episode about someone trying to steal a book.
Speaker 3: But why don't you just go up there and we'll leave you alone. It's because you appreciated the history of the wood in the like it it felt real, Yeah, and said like that there's not many like them except for the one across the street and the one next door in the house next to that too. Yeah, besides the old neighborhood, right that's special.
Speaker 1: But then it all shows up watching the VHS like that. He because he didn't make dinner, he laughed. He said he needed to, you know, stay away for a little stuff, for a little bit, to keep us safe. You come in, We send you up to the attic without any of us, and then we all we the three of us, sit down and watch the VHS tape.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and send Leo upstairs where fun fact, he remains for like three episodes.
Speaker 5: Probably perpetuity. He's been there.
Speaker 3: For years and up there, I just like the next door. Yeah, yeah's away is this stuff that you discovered later? Think he's been watching her her whole life. Yeah, we literally let him in. He shows himself up to the attic and he stays there for like the next three episodes.
Speaker 5: It's pretty wild.
Speaker 3: He never leaves, no whatever, talks about it. I don't know. Maybe it was it was a trial run. I don't know. That is so creepy.
Speaker 2: But then you watch the video and I feel like the wrap up of this episode really was was one of the most heartfelt emotional moments I think that we've seen so far. And Tony, the way you were playing the Christmas with the girls and the joy that you brought to it was just phenomenal.
Speaker 3: I don't know if that was all improvised, all of that.
Speaker 2: Uh, it was great. It really brought I got a little emotional at the end watching it. It was it was really nice moment.
Speaker 4: Like I said, I had a ball doing the show. I really did. You know, I'm not gonna deny that I was. I was. I was really disappointed when I you know, they said I wasn't going back, and I said, all right, you know that's the way it is, uh in this town. But I did have a ball working with you girls. I really did. I had a ball being on the show. I thought all this stuff was so cool. I was looking forward to more, you know, all that stuff whenever. I really because when I you know, well later on when I saw it on on the air and I thought it really works, it did work.
Speaker 1: You know, it did work. It worked a little too well. We you know, we loved working with you as well. Can you explain why you nicknamed me Rocky?
Speaker 4: Well? Because you reminded me of a really good friend of mine. I don't know if you know her, Kim Delaney. Oh yeah, Kim Delaney and I've been friends like almost forty years.
Speaker 3: Knows her very well.
Speaker 4: Irish tough, I Irish broad from frigging Philadelphia, and she was just always like, even though she was really beautiful like you are, there was a part of her that was like, if she needed to, she would know yes. I and I was watching you one day in the makeup chair and you were talking about something, some ex boyfriend or something. And the way you were talking about the ex boyfriend, I said, I said, Oh, she's a little like Kim I. She got a little bit of that Rocky Sullivan in her. And then that's when I said to you, I said, you, you remind you your nickname should be Rocky.
Speaker 3: That's amazing.
Speaker 4: And I think I explained a little bit of it at the time, but that's why. That's why I thought your nickname should be Rocky.
Speaker 3: I wonder which ex boyfriend that was. That was season one, So the way.
Speaker 4: You talked about it, it was like, I said, Oh my god, that guy's gonna get smacked.
Speaker 3: Maybe it was one of mine. Who was it before Rob October twenty first, nineteen ninety eight.
Speaker 4: Yeah, could have been somebody, but talking about from your past, it was probably.
Speaker 3: One of it was probably one of my Yeah, because it was often her boyfriends, I wanted to smack. That's true. Yeah, I was very protective. Well, you're always daddy number one in our book. Thank you, Thank you so much for for being on. We really appreciate it. Thanks, thanks, and thanks for making it happen so we always think of you. And that's another episode of House.
Speaker 1: Hello.
Speaker 5: Well, thanks guys for checking it out.