Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio News, The.
Speaker 2: Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: Let's get a check on some stocks on the moves. I'm Scarlett fil here with Paul Sweeney, and we want to bring in our very own Christine, you know, our managing editor at markets Live. What do you have, Christine?
Speaker 1: All right, Scarlett, Let's take a look at Qualcom this morning. A lot of volatility for that stock ticker QCOM. Earlier it was up at the open, but now down a little bit seven tenths of one percent lower this morning. And that is because there was a closely watched tech industry analyst that suggested the chip maker is working with AI giant open AI on a smartphone. So apparently, TF International Securities analyst man Chi Quote wrote in social media post that his latest industry checks revealed that open Ai was working with ME and Qualcom to develop smartphone processors. The report said that mass production is expected in twenty twenty eight, although Quote specific specifications and suppliers are expected to be finalized by late or aratority end of this year or the first quarter of next year, So a lot of buzz over there on open ai powered phone, but apparently not enough for to propel qualcom to games. This morner at least sustain thos opening games.
Speaker 4: Okay, Microsoft always news out on Microsoft.
Speaker 1: Absolutely Paul and related to open Ai as well, so Microsoft ticker MSFT, so that stock is down just about two cents of one percent now, so pairing some of those opening losses over one percent earlier today, and that is because we did get an announcement from Microsoft saying that both the company and open Ai have agreed to drop the software giant's exclusive rights to sell the startups AI model. So that means that the door is open for the CHADGBT maker to pursue deals with that with cloud computing rivals like Amazon. And also that Microsoft will no longer pay a revenue share and open Ai products that it resells on its cloud. So apparently this is meant to simplify a pretty complicated relationship between the two companies, but clearly investors are taking this as a slight negative for Microsoft today.
Speaker 3: All right, good stuff, and last one, we.
Speaker 1: All to talk about pizza Scarlett because it's almost lunchtime. Let's take a look at Dominoes today as a ticker DPZ. That stock is falling a good bit today, down more than nine percent, pairing some earlier losses, but that is still set for the biggest decline since July twenty twenty four. We did get earnings this morning, domestic and international comp sales both missing expectations. Here reported revenue for the first quarter also missing the average analyst estimate, and so the takeaway from Bloomberg in Challenges at least is that second quarter and third quarter comp sales estimates look overstated now because it's clearly having an impact from low and middle income consumers that are spending lesson pizza because they're having to do with higher gasoline prices, so potentially more downside to come.
Speaker 4: All right, I mean, I'm really live in like one of the great pizza regions something that world here, I know, But for the most of the rest of the world, who doesn't have local pizza, Ombino's is it And that's fine, and it's more than fine. Man, I lived in Richmond, We lived on that stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm a New York pizza snop, so I can't I can't abide by anything that is a national change.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's I get it. I wasn't even even in the pizza hut back in the day.
Speaker 1: That's not shoot, but that's a different experience. It is the salad bar.
Speaker 3: Yeah, absolutely rare, stuffed, crust and everything. Yep, yep, exactly right.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.