Speaker 1: Hey, this is Brian Alvarez and this is today's edition of the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the eight Side Network.
Speaker 2: Live from San Francisco. I'm a sports byline broadcasting network. You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with your hosts Brian Alvarez and Mike semper Vv.
Speaker 3: Right, you're ready, where you're ready, Let's get it all now.
Speaker 1: How's it going everybody? Brian Alvarez here on Wrestling Observer Live. We are here every day Monday through Friday, New Pacific three Eastern at Sunday three Pacific six Eastern, Saturday Mornings with Jim Valley Tenday and Pacific one Eastern. And yes, I'm back. I'm back here on the show. Yesterday I was gone, we uh we went north and we were not going to make it back on time. So I had my main man, semper vv step in. And today I shall pay back that favor as I'm on the show here today and simper vv has a day off and I will be joined in the next segment by our own Lance Storm, who in fact will join us for this entire program here today. And it's Thursday on the show. You know that means man we have got a lot to talk about, including yes last night, AW Dynamite. What'd you think of that show? What did you think of the footage with CM punk and Jack Perry, what did you think of all of it? Well, we're gonna talk today about what I thought of it as well as Lance Storm, and I should add that I also have some notes about yesterday and the belief internally about where things are going from this point forward. And I think that you are an AW fan and you were disappointed by what happened last night, didn't like it, whatever, Hopefully what I have heard is true, and so we'll talk about that here today on the program. And we've also got a whole bunch of ratings notes, some notes on the Rock and how much money he got for Mania weekend, and I think it's a pretty good chance based on all of this, we're going to see Rock wrestling again because that dude made a lot of money. And we'll also take your feedback as well. That's got the AW pay per view schedule for the rest of the year. Coming back here to Seattle. Looks like the Seattle area it's going to be like an annual tradition for that Wrestle Dream Show anyway, lot talk about we'll kick it off after the break Observer Live.
Speaker 3: How would you like to go in a five star vacation for just ninety nine dollars. We're talking about the quality of a Westgate resort for ninety nine dollars, not for one night, but for three fantastic nights at one of their luxurious destinations across the United States. And you'll even get a free one hundred dollars Visa gift card just for making a reservation. We've got some of the choicest destinations that you'll love in the United States that you can choose from for just ninety nine dollars for a three nights day, take your family, take a special love one but get away, go on vacation with Westgate Resorts all now to make a reservation for just ninety nine dollars and you get a free one hundred dollars visa gift card col Westgate right now and book your vacation.
Speaker 4: Here's the number eight hundred two nine two sixty one five six, eight hundred two nine two six one five six eight hundred two nine two sixty one five six. That's eight hundred two nine two sixty one fifty.
Speaker 5: Hey there, fellow travelers, it's me the Hotel Whiz. Before you go anywhere, call me day or night for hotel rates too low to publish. I'll save you up to seventy five percent on over five hundred thousand hotels across the globe. You see, I've already done the research, so you don't have to spend time online trying to find the best deal that's up to seventy five percent off.
Speaker 1: Just call me the Hotel Whiz.
Speaker 5: It's a free call and you get instant access to rates too low to publish with no cancelation fees.
Speaker 6: Make a free.
Speaker 7: Call now and save up the seventy five percent off your hotel rooms. The next time you're going somewhere for business or pleasure, call the Hotel Whiz now and get instant access to rates. Two. Load up published eight hundred five eight six seven one one two. Eight hundred five eight six seven one one two eight hundred five eight six seven one one two. Call the Hotel Whiz right now for rates too. Load up published at eight hundred five eight six seven one one one two.
Speaker 4: Looking for a cruise vacation Cruise dot Com is offering its exclusive sale of the year to all listeners to this station. Every major cruise line including Royal Caribbean, Carnival, Princess, MSc, and more are on sale now called one hundred four to three oh seven nine two four and book one of these deals while supplies last. Cruises start from as low as thirty nine dollars per person per day. There isn't a better vacation value to places like Alaska, Europe, the Caribbean, South America and more. Call one of the largest cruise specialists in the world at one eight hundred four to three oh seven nine twenty four. We'll find you a vacation that includes drinks, Wi Fi, excursions and more. Call one eight hundred four to three oh seven nine two four Again, that's one hundred four to three oh seven nine two four. Space is limited. Don't miss your opportunity to book the best deal of the year. That's one hundred four to three oh seventy nine twenty four. Sponsored by.
Speaker 2: If you are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike semperviv on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: Back in the show, Brian Albarez here Wrestling Observer Live. Lance Storm is joining us here today as I dink around with this thing right here, Lance, what's going on?
Speaker 6: Not too much? Just ready to talk dynamite.
Speaker 1: Well, we have to talk dynamite here, and before before we get in all of that, we should we should talk about the important thing, Lance, and that is your health. How you feeling feeling.
Speaker 6: A lot better? Doctor put me on prednazone for five days to see if it can help my breathing issues, and it certainly seems to have helped. So I'm sleeping and feeling a thousand times better.
Speaker 1: Excellent news. So now what's what's next? I mean, you can't be on prednazone forever.
Speaker 6: Well, the hope is that the prednic zone will knock down whatever is bothering my nasal passages bad enough that we can maintain afterwards without it. So we'll see.
Speaker 1: All right. Well, good luck, Lance, I know it's been rough, trust, I've heard about it. All right, everybody, let's talk about last night. Shall I start, Lance or would you like to to begin?
Speaker 6: Go ahead?
Speaker 1: All right, So here's the deal, everybody. I watched the footage, okay, and you know many times I you know something's coming. It's my job to analyze, predict whatever, okay, And a lot of times, you know, something will I'll make some prediction or something like that, and and sometimes I'm like, wow, you know, I was not expecting that, but that is actually better than I expect, okay. And then there are other times where I make some predictions, I make some whatever, and then the thing happens and I'm like, that's exactly what I was thinking going in. This is what I thought about last night. I honestly have absolutely no idea why they aired that footage. I cannot, for the life of me figure it out. Because the thing is, Cmpunk had his side of the story that he gave on Ariel Hiljuane's show, and apparently Tony was furious and decided that he was going to air the footage. Okay, So knowing that, you know, I figured, okay, well, in some way this footage has to make, you know, see mpunk look very bad, and it was the footage that got him fired, by the way, And so I had the other question though, which is the people that are showing this footage in storyline are going to be the young bucks their heels and you know this involves Jack Perry, who is currently working as a heel and he's got this big shirt that says scapegoat on it. And it also like how's it gonna be handled? This whole deal where Tony Kahan said that he felt like his life was in danger. These are the things that we're gonna have to figure out when they are this footage. Now, the one thing I will say they did this because I didn't know how they were going to do this. I was baffled when I was told that this was going to play into a storyline leading to the pay per view. I thought, how okay. Now, whether you like how they did it or not, the fact is they did try. And the storyline was the Young Bucks were getting ready for their match with FTR at Wembley. This incident happened in the back before the match. They had to put on their EVP caps go handle the situation. They were totally out of wrestler mode. They got it all handled and then they had to go to the ring all flustered or whatever, and they lost to FTR. And this is time that's not gonna happen. That's the story they told. Okay, fine, they try to do something to turn it into a pay per view angle. But it was obvious watching the video that cmpunk was the aggressor. Okay, Jack Perry did not aggressively approach him. C mpunk went right up to the guy and they had a long conversation, and like, there's all these other people around, and I don't know what was said in the confrontation, but like all the people surrounding them, I mean, you know, they they clearly heard that something was going on, but they didn't appear like, oh my god, we got to break this up before it escalates. Just you know, they had some sort of confrontation. We have no idea what they said because there was no audio. And then you know, whatever Jack Perry said, whether it's what are you gonna do about it? Or whatever, you know, Punk Boom shoved him. Once Boom shoved him twice. Jack Perry comes forward, Punk grabs his head. Was it a choke, was it a front face lock? We don't know because we couldn't see it. And then you know, there was no moment where you know, some Ojoe politely asked Punk to let go, and Punk Lego Joe rushed in there, and man, he tore these dudes apart. The entire thing from the first shove to them being torn apart was less than six seconds. The actual front headlock, choke whatever it was less than four seconds. I mean it was boom immediately broken up in the melee, some monitors. You know, we heard that monitors went flying. They didn't go flying, but there were monitors that were knocked around and people were trying to fix the monitors. Punk's you know, rear end banged into them and they started falling all over the place. And then when they were broken up, you know, you could you could see I think Tony Kahan's hand and like part of his face trying to get him away from the monitors. And then Chrishierro comes from behind the monitors to help break them up, and boy to that guy looked miserable. And then Punk does, you know, go straight towards Tony Khan and Cris Hero got between him and Tony Khan and Punk was not getting past Chris Hero, and then he was dragged away and away they went. And when it was over, I mean, I thought, you know this this, you know, Punk did look somewhat crazed, but you know, he was immediately held back I don't know how Tony felt that his life was in danger, So having seen that, I don't know why he heard the footage. And then number two, it's like Jack Perry, whatever he said verbally physically, he did not do anything. He did not do anything. He did not go after see him punk. He did not like he was attacked in this segment. And you know, having watched the video and knowing that dude's been gone for seven months, seven months has been gone because of this, And you know, when the Young Bucks are there and Matt Scott his Scapegoat shirt, hun, It's like, yeah, the guy comes up with a scapegoat. He's supposed to be a heel. They've already apparently completely sold out of Scapegoat T shirts, So like, how this is making him a heel? I have no earthly idea. You know, the Young Bucks ran in and they got cmpunk Chance, which, my god, if that's gonna be a thing in aw where every week we have to here cmpunk Chance, I mean, that's to me a disaster. And you know that's kind of my thoughts on everything. They spent all this time angry at somebody in WWE. They went immediately to Will Osprey cutting a promo on Triple H. As a viewer, I'm sitting there for twenty minutes watching Tony Kahan get what he feels is his revenge on WWE on an aw show, and I am just begging for them to move on. So I guess before we talk more, Lance, your thoughts on what we saw last night.
Speaker 6: I didn't mind it as much as you did, I think because I looked at it more as I'm just a wrestling viewer, like I haven't followed as much of the backstage bs as you have, so it's like it ended up being far better than I expected. I expected it to be pretty bad, but it's like it came off like the Young Bucks coming up with a lame excuse on why they lost their match, and I thought Matt saying, we're gonna air the footage, but you know, it's really just like some high school garbage and it really isn't much, which I thought was good to downplay it because it did come off as very high school. One guy shoved the other guy, one guy charged at him to take him down, and they were broken up. It's like, yeah, that's the level of fight you see in high school. Because I've seen far better backstage fights than this one, So it was just they showed some footage that really didn't amount to anything, tried to turn it into an angle. Now. I do think a good quality video package would have made me more interested in the Bucks FDR match, but it wasn't as bad as I expected it to be. You say, Jungle Boy is a heel. He may be in New Japan, but he hasn't been established that in AAW. I think he's got to come back as a baby face because he came off like a scapegoat. It's like this guy was gone for that. It's like he was fixing his hair. A guy shoved him, he tried to take him down. The takedown got stuffed, probably partially because Punk hit the desk and it was broken up. It's like, I've seen way worse.
Speaker 1: All right, we'll talk about this more after the break. Observer Live.
Speaker 2: For you, were listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Albarez and Mike SIMPERVV on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: Back on the show, Bryan Alberaz here Wrestling Observer Live, Mike simber vv not here today Lance is joining us and during the break there were some comments in the chat, so I'll address a few of those. First off, Yeah, I mean, like I said, as far as like turning it into a storyline, I mean, I don't know if they could have done anything better, because I couldn't conceive of anything working. But the young Bucks using that as a heel excuse for why they lost. They were busy dealing with something else because they are evp's and and then you know Dax and Cash coming out, they're doing their promo. What can we get over this and everything? I mean, it was it was I think the best they could have done. So I don't really have anything. Listen, if they decided they were going to show it, then I don't have a problem with they ended up doing with it. Okay. Now the other thing is, well, what is going on with Jack Perry? And you know, people have mentioned he's not actually suspended right now, which is which is the case? Okay, So we talked about this a while ago. What happened with Jack is that the thing happened and then they you know, he's got sent home. And this was in like late August, early September. I forget when the show was. I think the very end of August, but he just you know, I believe no communication whatsoever. Its the same thing at all of these suspensions, when when something happens, there's an investigation, there's like no communication whatsoever. And so he was gone, and he would have been suspended for at least two months because there was no discussion of bringing him back until November. And around November there was an idea in motion to bring him back, but Cmpunk showed up at Survivor series and Tony scrapped the idea. Now why I don't know, but he did. As soon as cmpunk came back to WWE, he scrapped the idea of the return of Jungle Boy. So, which, by the way, if the reason is he wanted to avoid cmpunk chants, that's quite ironic today. But anyway, so he, you know, no plans for return. And that's when you know Jack and Rocky Romero and Tony Kahan. It's not supposed to be like a shoot. But they eventually all got together and set up Jack's run in New Japan. Because the fact is, Tony wasn't planning on using him, so he wasn't suspended the entire time, but until very recently, there have been no plans to bring him back now obvious probably in the last you know, two three weeks. You can see things that Jack has been doing. You can see things that Young Buck as Young Bucks have been doing. You saw this whole thing there. I mean, my guess is, I know you think otherwise, Lance, but I think that Jack Perry is returning at the pay per view and he's gonna help screw FTR. Young Bucks are gonna win the tag team titles and they will be a heel trio. That's where I think they're going here. But that is the update on what's going on with Jack Perry and his his status with AW.
Speaker 6: All Right, I would rather see him be the third to FTR because he's a scapegoat because the office treated him poorly, and the Bucks are the office and they already have ocado for their trio. They don't need another one.
Speaker 1: I suppose as possible he can return and you know, the Bucks think he's gonna be helping them, and then he helps FTR. You could, you could definitely do that, but but we shall see. So anyway, that is the that's the story of the footage and the whole shebang, and uh yeah, that's what they did. I will say this because I talked to a lot of people last night, okay in AW and by the way, like, uh, this was a well, it's gonna be interesting to see the rating because this was a This was viewed by a lot of people. I heard from people in WWE that like everybody was talking about it, which obviously they would because see them Punk was involved, and you know, everybody in a w was talking about it. Now did they did they actually watch it on television? Did they see it on Twitter? I mean the first place I saw it was Twitter, but I mean I watch on a delay. But it's not like you couldn't find it on social media yesterday. It was everywhere. They did try like all night to try to take it down, but I mean, you know, I saw it everywhere on social media. So the feeling that I heard from from the people in AW is going in. I don't want to say everybody, And obviously I didn't talk to everybody or even nearly everybody, but people talk and in general, I mean, the vast, vast majority, we're like, why are we doing this? I can't believe we're gonna show this? Why? Very upset, disappointed, you know, is this ship sinking? Like, what are we doing here? So the footage aired, I heard a lot of the same. I can't believe that this was aired. I can't believe blah blah blah. But I did hear this, and that is that. You know, this is not from Tony Khan, but this is. This is what people have said regarding Tony. They believe that he has now gotten this out of his system and he is ready to just move on, look past it. It's done. I showed my footage, Like he wanted to show this footage months and months and months ago, but for whatever reason, whether he decided that it was a bad idea or somebody talked him out of it, he didn't. But allegedly he is saying it's done, We're moving on. The footage is aired. Let's just move on with this and for what it's worth. Like, I have heard from a lot of people that did not want to see it aired. They were disappointed that it aired, but they were like, you know what, like this has got to be rock a bottom. Let's just it's time to move on. It's time to get out of this mode, go back to do an aw, concentrate on ourselves, that is the feeling. Now. Whether that is the case, whether you know, next Wednesday on Dynamite we have another wacky thing or whatever, I don't know, but that is what I heard from people there today. You know, universally, the feeling is, you know, we did it, It's over and let's move on.
Speaker 6: Let's hope because on the whole it was a pretty good show.
Speaker 1: Now. I know you want to talk about this Dustin match with Joe, which I very much liked. By the way, I thought the opening match and I thought the main event were both like excellent matches. You know, Adam Copeland Edge versus Pentagon. Never thought i'd see it, but that was a very good match. And then the main event with Dustin and Simoe Joe was very good, but it was non title and I don't want to go on this rant, so I'll let you do it.
Speaker 6: Yeah. I liked the starting of the show with Swerve jumping Joe and giving the show a bit of a oh, we're on the edge of our seat.
Speaker 1: You can't say that on byline, brother.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I know, I apologize, but I think it would have been so much better if it was a title match, because then there is the Swerve jumps Joe. He's not only mad at Joe, but mad that he's putting the title on the line before the pay per view, which is why so he took out Joe, hoping that he couldn't defend the title here because he wants his title shot. And then you've got the suspense of will Joe be able to fight and have this match. They say Joe's going to continue, and you have the announcers play up the drama of Swerve really screwed up here because Joe's not one hundred percent. Dustin might beat him now, and if he does, Swerve misses out on his title shot at the pay per view. So then you can hype that the whole match, you can show Joe in damaged condition, and you build this main event that now has even more possibility because there wasn't much before that Dustin could win because Swerve screwed up and injured Joe. And I think you would have had so much more drama. You could have thrown the show, checked on Joe to see what kind of state he's in, and I think you could have made the match even more interesting. And then again you still have Joe go over and then you do the angle at the with swerve, so you're right back where you ended up. But I think you could have created more drama and a little bit of doubt that darn maybe Dustin's gonna pull this off because Swerve hurt Joe would have been so much better. In my opinion.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I said going in, it should be a title match, and it'll be thirty seconds, guys, and we'll move on. I hate these stupid rankings, all of these decisions they make. If there are no rankings, I don't care, Okay, but the fact that there are rankings and we've got a situation where we can't give Dustin a title shot because he's not the number one contender or whatever. But you know, Layla Hirsh who's had no matches on AW in over two years, She's getting a title match on Friday, And Mercedes Monnet, who's never even been in the company ever, is just gifted a title shot coming up with the pay per view in a segment that was built around rankings and the number one contendership. If you just got rid of the rankings, I don't care. It doesn't no matter what you do. If you have no rankings. Adding the rankings has made all of this make no sense. So anyway, I'm done. I know people hate.
Speaker 6: It not to mention when they cope opened and they just randomly give anybody who comes out of title shot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there is that, but hey, at least that it's like that's his gimmick. He's willing to give anybody a championship match. So okay, that doesn't bother me as much. Aw did announce the upcoming schedule. These are all the pay per views and locations from now until the end of the year. Dynamite will be in Saint Louis, Missouri or Dynasty on April twenty first. We know that one May twenty sixth, as we are all well aware, a double or Nothing at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. Forbidden Door will be the UBS Arena in Elmont, New York. All In at Wembley will be August twenty fifth. We knew that one All Out will be September first, Hoffman Estate, so they're doing back to back weekends again. Wrestle Dream October twelfth in the Tacoma Dome. God, I gotta go to Tacoma. We got full gear at the Prudential Center November twenty third in New Jersey. And then we have got World's End December twenty eighth in Orlando, Florida at the Addition Financial Arena. So if you want to go to an AW pay per view, that is the lineup and hey, listen, guys, whatever you want to say about AW and the booking and Dynamite, you're not gonna have a bad time in a pay per view back in a moment Observer Live.
Speaker 3: We all love children, and many of us have an old card truck or ban in the driveway. Find the Children has a great way for you to but your unwanted vehicle.
Speaker 1: It's a good use.
Speaker 2: Keep listening.
Speaker 3: Every year, thousands of kids go missing. Trust me, it's a parent's worst nightmare when a child goes missing. Every moment counts and you need all of the help you can get. Find the Children is a nonprofit organization dedicated to locating missing children and bringing them home safely. You can help support their mission by donating your car, truck, van, or sub. A towing company will come and pick up your car for free running or not, and the donation of your car is tax deductible. Your help is providing the funds they need to continue their services. Call now, donate your old vehicle to find the children and get free pickup.
Speaker 1: Here's the number.
Speaker 4: Eight hundred sixty seven oh seven eight three oh eight hundred six seven oh seven eight three oh eight hundred six seven oh seven eight three oh that's eight hundred six seven oh seventy eight thirty.
Speaker 8: President Biden recently released a massive six trillion dollar budget, the largest budget in US history. And guests, who pays the bill, that's right, you, the American taxpayer. American citizens and business owners will be paying more taxes, that's a fact. And if you owe back taxes, they will be coming after you to collect payments. In fact, President Biden also hired thousands more IRS agents to go after you. If you've got a letter from the IRS and you know you owe back taxes or you haven't filed in years, don't put your head in the sand. Call us today. We've saved our customers millions of tax dollars. One quick free phone call will show you how we can reduce your pass tax bill and save you thousands guaranteed, or you pay nothing.
Speaker 4: Call now eight hundred nine four nine oo three nine eight hundred nine four nine oo three nine. That's eight hundred and nine four nine zero zero thirty nine, paid for by the tax helpline.
Speaker 7: Do you have Medicare and do you use a seapap machine? This is a national healthcare alert regarding your seap APP supplies. Using a clean seapap mask and clean supplies is important to staying healthy. The best way to make sure your SEATPAP equipment is clean is to get new supplies. If you have Medicare, we have great news. Medicare will pay for you to have new clean supplies every ninety days. We'll even do all the paperwork for you to make sure that there's little to no out of pocket cost to you, and you don't even have to leave your home. We provide free in home delivery. So if you're a seapap user and you have Medicare, staying healthy with new SEATPAP equipment is easy. Just make this free phone call right now to get started.
Speaker 4: Sponsored by Specialty Medical. Eight hundred nine one three nine seven three nine, eight hundred nine one three nine seven three nine eight hundred nine one three nine seven three nine that's eight hundred nine one three ninety seven thirty nine.
Speaker 2: You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike Simper VV on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: Hope back in the show. Brian Albarez here, Wrestling Observer Live, Land Storm joining us here today. We got a lot to talk about, and I want to mention that we talked about double or Nothing, and in fact, we're all going to Vegas for Double or Nothing. It is the annual f f W Observer Convention and you should go if you were listening to this right now, because it's going to be a very, very fun time. We've been doing this since two thousand and six based around various things. Used to be UFC, now a W, and may have been a couple of WWE, but I think it's mostly been UFC and a W because they run Vegas at the same time every year, or at least UFC used to. And we're gonna have a big fun excursion. A lot of things going on. We've got a all you can eat dinner at Texas Day Brazil, which is a Brazilian steakhouse and it is great. We have a meet and greet and a live Brian and Vinnie show, not a Q and A so much. We're gonna do a live Brian and Vinie show and you can, of course ask questions as well, probably more like a granny segment than anything else. But maybe we'll do some reviews or something fun. But a live Brian and Vinnie show. And there's also a live wrestling show that Edin san Antonio is promoting. We have a sweet party. We'll have details to come on that, and you will brunch at the Wicked Spoon. And you can buy tickets for all of these things by going f forw online dot com slash Vegas. That is FW online dot com slash Vegas, and we're thinking of some Hey look at that on the video here. There's a big graphic right there, and join us for these things. I got some special ideas for the Brian and Vinnie live show, So if you don't have tickets to that, I would grab them while you can because we might be making an interesting change, So grab your tickets before they're gone. Live Brian and Vinnie Show, Meet and Greet and plenty more f forw online dot Com slash Vegas. Make sure you check that out. So a couple of notes from WrestleMania, which I want to tie into everything we've been talking about here today. So The Rock, after his match Saturday night, his tag match, he was it was reported inn SEC filing that he was given ninety seven thousand shares of TKO stock worth nine million dollars, So he now has one hundred and ninety three thousand, one hundred and sixteen shares. This was part of his deal to join the board, and that's a that's a lot of money for a match if you look at it from the perspective of I did a match and I got nine million dollars. Thing with Rock is he is a gigantic worldwide movie star, maybe the biggest on earth. And you know he can make a lot of money doing movies. So if you want him to do a WrestleMania match, if you want him to do a WrestleMania next year with Cody the year after with Roman Reigns, or however they end up doing it, you got to pay this dude. And this is an interesting way to do it by giving him stock worth X amount of money. So anyway, he made a lot of money for that. And of course the raw number, which I'm sure Mike mentioned yesterday, I mean that raw show on Monday night. Oh my god, the show did two point three six million viewers a zero point eight three in eighteen to forty nine. They have not done a number like that since pre pandemic. You have to go back five years when way more people were watching television than our nowadays to get a point eight three. In eighteen to forty nine. Wrestle Nomics had the quarters. The rock Cody Roads promo segment did three million viewers a one point oh four in eighteen to forty nine, and in quarter three did three point two million viewers and a one point one point one in eighteen to forty nine. This was on a night where there was a basketball game that air across TBSTNT and True TV, which did fourteen point eight million viewers and a three point eight eight in eighteen to forty nine. So doing the number that Raw did on that night with that competition is pretty much it's inconceivable, I would say. And then of course NXT on Tuesday did well six hundred and forty one thousand viewers and a point two zero, which is an excellent demo, which actually is only a that was actually very close to dynamite. The last two weeks that point two zero and uh. Anyway, the point is, as we can all see, the company is on fire. And so one of the things we were talking about yesterday in terms of AW is they're not beating WWE right now. There's no chance the gap is I mean, they're so far apart, and why try. What you need to do is concentrate on AW. And if you want to compare, you know whatever, don't be okay, you know, we want to equal or beat RAW. What you should be looking at is can we equal or beat what we did last year? Can we beat our own numbers? That's what I think that they should be doing. And I think it's time to ignore WWE. Do your own thing. Boom away you go. You're competing with yourself, not a company that right now is in the stratosphere.
Speaker 6: Yeah. Think I said it yesterday on threads because I'm not a participant on Twitter. You yield the most fruit when you tend your own garden, and I think that's a good plan. Grow your own business and don't worry about the farm next door.
Speaker 1: What did you watch this week? Lance?
Speaker 6: I watched I've already watched the Impact show that airs tonight, which is tremendous. And I watched Dynamite last night in this morning.
Speaker 1: And you watched no WrestleMania, none of the matches.
Speaker 6: I did not know. I was still suffering my breathing and sleep tiredness. Things got better Tuesday night for me, so I did very little otherwise. Start of reading ago.
Speaker 1: What's that book?
Speaker 6: It's a Rusty Puppy. It's one of the happen Lettered books by Joe R. Lansdale. It was a TV series on HBO or something.
Speaker 1: Briefly, well, I want to mention the upcoming lineup so we can talk more about Dynamite. So they've announced this coming Friday on SmackDown. We'll have appearances from Cody, Rhoades and Bailey, so SmackDown should do a huge number. We have got a three hour block of aw on Saturday night because it is Collision followed by Battle of the Belts ten and Collision has Tony Storm and a Zuomie in a title eliminator match, So if a Zoomie wins, she gets a title shot. And keep in mind they have a pay per view next week where Tony's putting the title on the line. We have Brian Danielson and Claudio versus Hobbes and Fletcher. And then for Battle of the Belts, which is a one hour television show called Battle of the Belts, Hook is defending the FTW title, which like in storyline, is not even recognized by AW against Shane Taylor. And the other match is Roderick Strong and Rocky Romero in a non title match un Battle of the Belts, a title eliminator. So you know, I've been watching these Battle of the Belts for for well ten of them now, and it's always like, you know, we need to have like a title change, make people want to watch Battle of the Belts. Do something. And we're now down to an unrecognized title and a non title match as your two matches announced us far for Battle of the Belts. So there is that, and then Raw Monday Week.
Speaker 6: Hasn't Roddy been doing the Hometown Open Challenge where he actually defends the title against nobody's but Rocky's not worthy?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that is what they're doing. Then we've got Ron Montreal, sammy's Ay and Chad Gable for the Intercontinental title, and my guess is that Sammy beats him and so Sammy he gets a win in his hometown. But then they will do the Heat and have Bronson Reid kill Sammy and he'll be the next title challenger, and Andrade faces Dominic Mysterio and then for NXT they advertise a lot and one of them I thought was very clever. So Trick comes out well. First off, we had Axiem and Nathan Fraser winning the tag title, so brown Breaker is going up to the main roster. He's done, and maybe Baron as well. I don't know what's up with Baron, but Carmelo Hayes returned. Basically, Trick Williams came out and he wants a title shot against Elia. Eliot told him, no, Trick goes. What do I got to do to get a title shot? Alia says, you have to take the biggest risk of your life, the biggest gamble. I will face you in two weeks at Spring Breaking. If you lose, you must leave NXT. And I thought that was very clever, because you know everybody has been talking about out. Are they going to call up Trick Williams. I don't think they should, but it is absolutely something that has been talked about ever since that SmackDown show where he showed up on SmackDown and all of these fans in this building are chanting with that trick. So the office saw that and they were like, whoa, this dude's over and these fans at SmackDown know the gimmick. So is he leaving? Is he winning the title? Is Ilia leaving? I mean, we know that Elly has declared for the draft, so he appears to be leaving. So my guess is Trick does win the title and stays. But adding the you must leave if you lose does make it make it interesting, and they added that next week on NXT it is Trick versus Carmelo in a cage match. They're doing the stip next week, so that's.
Speaker 6: That, yeah, all right, And the week after that they're doing the match where Trick will either be the champion or he'll be doing a job before he gets called up, which was the defense of why he wasn't getting a title shot at Stand and Deliver.
Speaker 1: Yes, exactly, exactly all right. Other thoughts from Dynamite Adam Copeland Penta. I thought that was a very good match. That was a lot.
Speaker 6: I really enjoyed it, and I thought it was refreshing to see Adam break out some different stuff, so we're not just seeing the hits from the older guys, We're seeing some new stuff. So I really enjoyed it. Thought it was fun.
Speaker 1: I do like this comparison has been made before, but I do like seeing guys like Sting and Adam Copeland essentially going out there and being terry funk because like if you if you look at Randy Orton, Okay, I love Randy Orton. I think he's awesome. I have been loving his Matches to death of late, but he's doing He's doing his two thousand and two Randy Orton. He's just always gonna do that. And Case. I actually like it because one guy working that style on the rest of the show where everyone's doing all the craziness, I mean, I love it, but Edge Adam Copeland is not being edge. He's not going out there and doing his two hundred and twenty twelve gimmick and matches and Stings certainly was not. I mean, they're going out there and they're trying to hang and Copeland doing tilta world head scissors, I mean his head. The first head scissors he did was a head scissors from the seventies. But nobody does it I mean it was he was trying to do like a lucha match out there with Penta, So I liked it. I liked it a lot. And then they set up a bunch of other matches for Dynasty and next week, next week it is uh, it is Willow and Adam Copeland versus Brody and Julia Hart. And for reasons I cannot explain, I shouldn't even say this because people are gonna get mad. But like, unless the reason is Malachi will not do a job, I have no idea why it's not Malachi versus Adam Copeland at the at the Dynasty show, it's a random six man tag. We could have that on Dynamite, Like this should be a championship match on the show, But for whatever reason, they're not doing that singles match and I cannot explain it. We also have we had the segment with Hook and Jericho and Sabbata which led to the six man which was Hook, Jericho and Shabbata versus Moriarty, Taylor and a Go Go and they pinned Shebata in this match. And I guess we'll talk about it after the break because I want to get Lance's thoughts on Jericho back in the moment Observer Live walls following through them just as well the.
Speaker 5: Game in get some Games Storm you will be.
Speaker 2: Will be again farther korns in between.
Speaker 5: I'm the cool Cool Morning Turn the days of Swim.
Speaker 1: I say, living right is easy.
Speaker 2: You were listening to Wrestling Observer Life with Brian Alvarez and Mike simper Vivi on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: So I wanted to mention regarding the Jericho segment that I don't know if it's because there have been some booze for Jericho lately, but when they started this thing with Hook, like the whole thing was Hook knew who he was. Jericho claimed, We're gonna be on the same page here, and they were really, you know, you don't know, is Jericho gonna, you know, be a babyface here and help this guy? Is he gonna turn on him at some point? Like what's gonna happen? And like all of a sudden last night it was like we skipped forward a month and Jericho is fully a heel like he it's not even they're not even being subtle about it. You need to sit under the learning tree of Christ, Jericho. You do what I say. I was like, man, that was abrupt.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it felt like they skipped about two months of stuff. It was aar Yeah. Although one thing I will give them credit for. We've complained a lot about predictable matchups. I would have predicted Jericho side won this thing, So it was nice to have the team I didn't expect to win win.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because you know there are there are a lot of matches in aw where you always know who is going to win, and I do like every now and then we actually get something where we were surprised. I was I was not expecting Lee Moriarty to pin Shabbata in this match, but that is what happened. Well, listen, everybody, we got to wrap this show up for today. But tonight it's the Brian and Vinnie Show, and Vinnie and I have a full hour and a half to talk AWNNXT. That is for subscribers or Wrestling Server dot com, Video dot f W Online dot com as well and uh and we'll be back tomorrow with more. Thanks Lance Mike, as always, callers and listeners ever in the studio, We'll talk to you next time Wrestling Observer Live. You have been listening to the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the eight Side Network.