Speaker 1: It's gonna be a dunkine because right now you want it's time for Donkey of the Day.
Speaker 2: So if you ever feel I need to be a doc man with the heat, did please doesn't I had become Donkey of the day the.
Speaker 1: Practice club.
Speaker 2: He mother e f and Hall Donkey of to day for Tuesday, December ninth, goes to all these critics of Zoran Mundanie's transition team.
Speaker 1: Now, if you haven't.
Speaker 2: Heard, Zoran Mundani, the mayor elect of New York City, has been putting together his transition team. First of all, what is a mayor elects transition team? A mayor's transition team is a group of trusted advisors, experts, community leaders assembled by a mayor elect between their election victory and inauguration to prepare for governing. All right, they helped to select key staff, and they helped to develop policy priorities. Two people that Zoran has selected our two individuals I support had the okay. One is our fearless leader, the good sister to Mika Mallory dropping the clues boonds for to Meka Mallory. The other is the good brother Masan dropping the clues bombs from my son. Okay, I know Mysians since like old stick to Old seven whenever he first came home. Full disclosure. Not only are those my people, I do business with both of them, Okay, My Imprint Black Privileged Publishing published both to me because books State of Emergency, How to Win in the Country We Built and her memoir I Live to Tell the story Great stocking stuff was. By the way, my Imprint Black Privileged Publishing publishers their podcasts as well TMI. So in case you didn't know, now you know now. Both of them have been named to Zoran Mundonnie's transition team. Excellent choices if you ask me, you know why they are excellent choices because they are true public servants, okay, who don't give a damn about politics.
Speaker 1: They care about the people.
Speaker 2: They actually do the thankless work of activism, dropping the clues bombs for their organization until freedom. And we all know activism comes with great risk in very little rewards.
Speaker 1: So when I saw Zoran add them to.
Speaker 2: His transition team, I said, oh good, Okay, he's got a couple of people that are that are going to hold him accountable. And I knew they were great picks when I saw the attacks.
Speaker 1: Come for both of them mmediately. Okay.
Speaker 2: The headlines for Tamika where Mundani transition team includes Women's March leader embroiled and anti Semitism scandal. Fox News headline was Mundani taps disgraced activists who said one day we can abolish police the Key Public Safety Committee.
Speaker 1: Both of those headlines were about t Meeka Mallory.
Speaker 2: Just because you are against the killing of innocent kids and guys in Palestine doesn't make you anti Semitic. And just because you believe you should reallocate funds from police budgets the community based services like mental health, housing, education, violence prevention, because you want to address the root causes of crime. That don't mean you want to abolish police. You just want to reduce reliance on policing for social issues, okay. And you're promoting public safety through community well being rather than punishment. You ask me, that's the perfect person to have on your public say the committee. Okay, now the good brother my song. The ny Post ran a headline that said, Zoran Mundani taps ex con rapper who served seven years for armed robbery as criminal justice advisor on transition team.
Speaker 3: And I just saw on the front page of the New York Post to Day the front freaking page. They have a picture of my soon with the headline Crime Boss Mondnnie appoints rapper who served seven years for armed robbery as justice advisor.
Speaker 1: Number one. My song was convicted in nineteen ninety nine.
Speaker 2: Okay, he was like nineteen or twenty maybe twenty one, who served seven years for armed robbery as criminal justice advisor on transition team.
Speaker 1: Where do we begin? Number one?
Speaker 2: My song was convicted in nineteen ninety nine. Okay, he was like nineteen or twenty maybe twenty one. He was sentenced to seven to fourteen years, came home on parole in two thousand and six, and.
Speaker 1: He's been a model citizen ever since. He's a community act this Okay. He spends years.
Speaker 2: He spent years volunteering as a violence interrupt He has an organization called Raising Kings, a nonprofit group that teaches classes the inmates.
Speaker 1: At Rikers Island. Okay. Benny Bosio I think his name is.
Speaker 2: He's the president of the Correction Officers Benevolent Association said it is both disheartening and deeply disturbing that individuals who are convicted felons and have a history of breaking the law are being given the opportunity to help shape the future of New York's criminal justice system.
Speaker 1: Huh, Bennie, are you serious?
Speaker 2: You are corrections officer who doesn't believe in people who have been corrected. Masan has first hand lived experience with the system.
Speaker 1: He understands communities that.
Speaker 2: Have been disproportionately affected by over policing, mass and consceration.
Speaker 1: He walked the walk and he survived it. Okay, that's what you should have.
Speaker 2: Want a symbol of a more restorative, human centered model, not just this tough on crime system that we've been using.
Speaker 1: Okay, he has a redemptive story. Isn't that what we want? Ours? Redemption only for everybody but black men.
Speaker 2: They always want to reduce us to our worst moments, and they never want to acknowledge our growth. My son can reach people that Zoran or no other politician can, and that's what they don't want. That's what they are afraid of. They don't want more stories like my son. They want black men in prison forever. They don't want no redemption for us. And that's why I love Mundannie's choices because he picked someone in people.
Speaker 1: But in the case of my son.
Speaker 2: He's picked someone who has lived through incarceration and now advocates for reform.
Speaker 1: Listen to all these critics.
Speaker 2: You know you say you want criminal justice reform and then get mad when somebody who's actually been through the damn system gets a seat at the table. What grop ain't always pretty and expertise don't always come in a suit.
Speaker 1: Zorn picks someone with a pass.
Speaker 2: To lead us into the future, and I, for one, loved, please give all these critics Zoran Mndnnie's transition team the biggest he Huh. I can't believe that they got mice on on the front of the I'm adding this to the end of the chat. I really can't believe that they got mice on the front of the New York Post with the headline crime boss.
Speaker 3: This this gotta be liable, yo, Absolutely, this man a crime boss.
Speaker 1: This man ain't been to prison. The man with the.
Speaker 2: Prison in nineteen ninety nine, came home on parole in two thousand and six, has been a model citizen ever since. How can you put him on the front page of the New York Post and call him a crime boss?
Speaker 1: This happen to be something of defamation or something that's away, and it's so crazy. All the positive things he did in the community, all the positive things he did from New York City, all the positive things he's done around the country. Never in the paper.
Speaker 2: This man is And by the way, you have him on with another one of his initiatives, the boycott black Murder. His T shirt literally says boycott black murder. His hat says boycott black murder. That's who this man is. Now, how could you all like this is this is crazy?
Speaker 1: This is great. This gotta be liable in some way shape or for him. Come on, man, yeah, well, thank you for that, donkey. He should be.
Speaker 2: Able to sue them something that is crazy as you an apology or this is nuts. Donkey of Today is sponsored by renowned personal injury attorney Michael the Bull lamb is soft. Don't be a donkey when you need a fighter on your side. If you're ever injured, go to Michael to bull dot com. That's Michael the Bull dot com. And when you mess with the bull, you get the horns.