Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: NFL playoffs. We're talking about NFL playoffs.
Speaker 1: You bet we are getting on the action at Draft Kings Sportsbook and official sports betting partner of the NFL. Scoring touchdown is the key to winning NFL playoffs and the key to you scoring big betting on them at Draft Kings, the number one place to bet touchdowns. Ready to place your first bet, Try betting on something as simple as a player to score six Go to Draft Kings Sportsbook app. Make your pick. Here's another reason to bet your favorite player to crush it in the playoffs. New customers bet five dollars, can get two hundred dollars in bonus bets. Instantly score big doing the NFL playoffs with Draft Kings Sportsbook. Download the Draft Kings sports Book app. Use Code Money Moves, that's code money moves for new customers to get two hundred dollars in bonus bet instantly when you bet just five bucks only at Draft Kings Sportsbook.
Speaker 2: The Crown is.
Speaker 3: Yours gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler or in Westbrook, Juina, visit one eight hundred gambler dot net in New York call eight seven seven eight hope and wire text hope and y four six seven three six nine In Connecticut. Help is available for problem gambling call eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill casino in Resorting, Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction. Void in Ontario one. No sweat bet per new customer issued as one bonus bet based on amount of initial losing bet. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue. Ince See DKNNG dot com slash promos for deposit wagering and eligibility restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 1: Also NiFe time to welcome Chief Ramsey. Chief Roll Ramsey, the co founder and chief executive offer officer a four Street and Fire Recruitment Program. Chief Ramsey founded ff RP to help individuals who are formally incarcerated and work within fire camps overcome barriers that prevent them from entering the professional field of firefighting. The Forestry and Fire Recruitment Program maintains a ten percent rate of recidivism across the two hundred plus placed employment compared to the California State average of forty two and eighty two percent nationally. Um, Chief, thanks for joining us today. Man, how you doing?
Speaker 2: Oh man, I'm doing well. For Shannon, how you doing, Surrey?
Speaker 4: I'm doing great, Bro, I'm doing great. Thanks for joining us.
Speaker 2: Nah, thank you for having me. Oh show Thanky, what's the deal? And I'm chilling? Man, Listen, I mna had your hands. I cut mine off.
Speaker 1: Man, Chief, I want to ask you this what led you on this journey to to find, to discover, to fund this program in what you're a part of now.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So, so when I was twenty years old, I made I made a mistake, right, I end up, you know, making a poor choice in life, and I end up you know, committing to crime and got sentenced to six years in prison. I ended up you know, serving four years eight months. And in that time, I had the opportunity to you know, go to fire camp. And I know, like a lot of folks don't really know about that program and it's pretty much been around since the nineteen forties. Okay, So you know California utilizing cars road of people to fight wildfires and you know, giving them an opportunity to you know, obviously serve the community and going out and doing their thing. But they get paid, you know, pretty much a dollar an hour to do this work. So I remember around the time that I actually went to fire camp, it was I actually got sent like sentenced, and then I went to I was in reception for a while, and then they sent me out of state from Arizona and mississipp because the time that I got sentenced, it was overcrowded in California.
Speaker 2: So I had to you know, I went out and you know, went to.
Speaker 5: Mississippi and you have an annual review every year. And when I when I had the ability to go because I have my points dropped and they was like, hey, you want to go to fire camp? And I was like, in my mind, I'm just like, what's the fire camp?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: I heard?
Speaker 5: I heard about it when I actually got sentenced, but I didn't really know. So from there, you know, just had the opportunity, you know, talk to a couple of folks. I'm like, hey man, you know what's this fire camp stuff? And I was like, hey man, this is dope. You know, you better food. You know, you have a you have the ability to go out and you know, I have a part, like saiding with your family. You you know, you in a community. You're not locked up, you're not in the sale. So I was like, man, this is a you know, a good opportunity. And I can go back to California and see my family. I haven't seen them in like twenty plus months. I was like, you know what, let me just go and make it happen. But Shannon, when I tell you, I had no idea what I was getting. It was crazy then for real. So uh and then it led, you know, and I grew to love it. I had a passion for it when I got there, and I was like, man, I could really do this. This is something that I you know that I could you know, make happen. I had adversity when I was younger, when I was a kid, and I wasn't never scared of fighting fire.
Speaker 2: I'm you know, I had a couple of you know, live uh you know.
Speaker 5: Some some some experiences in my life where I had some challenges.
Speaker 2: I almost died a couple of times.
Speaker 5: So I was like, you know what, this is something that you know, I'm not scared of and and I just loved it and it was dope.
Speaker 1: So if you don't mind me asking I'm gonna ask one more question. I'll let you take it if you don't mind me asking what is some of the qualifications in which your inmate qualifies for this program.
Speaker 5: So the qualifications, you know, you can't have an arson, you can't have a sex crime, you can't at the time that when I was there, you you know, you couldn't have any murder or someone any violating crime right in a sense, and you pretty much go through what it's called PFT. You do some physical training. Once you pass that, they give you a basic like S one ninety class. And this is all I'm talking about is when I was there, and you pretty much again be able to go out and they'll see you so a fire camp and you really under the qualifications of the captains. So it's really quick, you know, it's like a couple of weeks you know process to get you, you know, going, and then you out there you're fighting fires.
Speaker 6: Listen, one of the key words you just said, chief is passion. You had a passion for something, and obviously most of the times people have a hard time finding something that they something that they love to do and actually having a passion for it where it doesn't become a job, it becomes something that you actually love. Now, how do you help the participants gain the skills and the confidence needed for such as a demanding job in wildland firefight, Because that's that's that's for one scary who life or death depending on the situation. Right, Just how do you do that, you know, helping them gain the skills and not only gain the skills, but you need confidence to be able to do something like that.
Speaker 5: And that's what the forest and Fire Recruitment program is pretty much all about. Like, you know, just like us being from the urban community, right and having adversity growing up, you know, we built for it to right, We've been we've been through some stags, right, so it's really easy to chop it up with folks and be like listen, like, you know, you you already been through that road in your life, right. You already had you know, probably the black sheep of your family. You know, you probably disappointed your family in some moment, and like, this is an opportunity for you to be able to utilize the knowledge, skills and abilities that you have right in order for you to be able to get a family winning career. And it's really just being real with them, just like we're having a conversation right now. It's just like you know, hey, do you want the bag? Everybody want the back, Everybody want the jewels. Everybody want to be able to have some to look forward to to, to have pride in, have purpose, right, And it's really to really sell it and say, look, this is a real, true opportunity. So you know, listen to your captains, listen to or take this time, you know, to yourself and really understand the process of like the mental and emotional and the physical attributes of like really focusing and locking in just like when you was on Game Day, oh show, you know, talking people up, just like how you Channon was over there, saw up you had me pumped up earlier with some highlights in it. And it's like that's that's where you have to understand like the opportunity right right. And and I think by me talking and just telling my story and inspiring folks and loving on folks and showing them like, look I've been where are you at?
Speaker 2: And like we already been through the worst, So why not.
Speaker 5: Take this opportunity to get to get the opportunity to be able to be a firefighter, make the bag, you know, take care of your family and win.
Speaker 2: Thank you this.
Speaker 1: There's a lot that's been said about the incarcerated firefighters today that's currently fighting the fires in Los Angeles. Can you explain to us, in fact the fiction of what's circulating online? How much do I don't know if you know this off the top of your head, how much are they getting paid?
Speaker 4: And do if only for as fires do you guys?
Speaker 1: Do you guys go fight burning building fires or is just the large scale massive fires?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so.
Speaker 5: When it comes to folks us in California fire camps, they actually focus on while land firefighting. Okay, that's what you pretty much trained in though too. You know you can you know, respond to a flood or any like national disaster that needs when it comes to like just having bodies there. Okay, And yeah, so that's pretty much that that question for you, Shenny.
Speaker 1: How about you got what what's the pay becau It's been played like, okay, you get ten dollars an hour and then blah blah you get another dollar hours or it's eleven dollars hours.
Speaker 4: So if you don't mind me asking what's the payscale?
Speaker 2: Yeah, is dollars.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they're making about twenty some dollars a day. You know what I was, you know, all the research that I have done and known because they've been trying to like compensate folks for being in fire camp.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 5: One of my CDCR partners, Fred Money, cut the money. Yeah, yeah, he escorched me if I didn't say that. They wasn't trying to make efforts in trying to, you know, give folks some more money. But it is pretty much a dollar an hour when they out there in the fire. But they're trying to figure it out. But yeah, it's hard work, is you know, you're making what you know.
Speaker 2: Twelve dollars a day.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and for the day, you know what I'm saying, because they do follar shifts and then they twenty four hours down and then twenty four hours on. So yeah, it's it's definitely it's pretty much the same thing as uh, you're going to college and you're getting pamped, you know what I'm saying, Like yeah, right, like like you know, the the n I l right like now it's starting to come about, right because of like you know, folks seeing that how much money that you know, the n C double A is making right like it's a similar kind of situation, so you can understand what I'm saying. But my biggest thing though, is like I wanted to bring you to the NFL, right, I'm trying to give you the opportunity to go out to get this bag and with all the you know, opportunities you had in college, right and when you was in in fire cap, Let's take that to the league.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: We need a The league is short right now.
Speaker 5: We right when this league was in nineteen sixties, and we try to we need we need folks to be able to come out here and make it heaven.
Speaker 4: But you check this out. Go ahead, you go ahead, go ahead.
Speaker 6: I was gonna say, listen, early early, early in life, obviously you you've you've had You've made some mistakes. Listen, we've all we've all made them. You know, you've had obstacles you had to overcome, and you were able to do that. And many of us don't get a second chance. You were able to get a second chance. And I'm just curious, what's been the biggest hurdle you face in making the forestry and fire recruitment program of success? And actually getting people want to actually do it despite what the paint might be.
Speaker 2: So it's a lot of things.
Speaker 5: So I think the biggest one of the biggest hurd was like can you actually do it right, because a lot of folks knew, Like it was some rumors around like yeah you can, you can't. But if you really think about it, public service in prison kind of don't mix, right, Like top you think about, you know, the prisoner, it doesn't mix. You think about a firefighter, you think about a prisoner, it.
Speaker 2: Don't mix, right.
Speaker 5: So I was like, you know, me and my co founder Brendan Smith, you know, we was you know, we was laying in the bunk one day or just like you know, just chopping it up, and it was like, man, like I really enjoyed this, Man, I really want to do this.
Speaker 2: And he was like, man, you know what we should we should figure it out.
Speaker 5: Like but I'm like, you know what, once we actually know the process of becoming coming from fire camp to you know, being a professional firefighter, you know, I want to be the model day Harriet Tubman, you feel me.
Speaker 2: I want to bring our folks, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Back right, So it's like, Okay, and then we obviously, you know, it was a lot of it's a lot of stuff. Stigma you know, obviously is you know, understanding the process of how to get there, right, the application, you know, build a resume and then and at the time that I was around, it was like banded box wasn't there. So like, you know, you know, you have to explain your crime and what you did. So I was, you know, am when I first started, I worked with the US four Service, and I'll put on my application. I'm like, look, this is the crime that I committed, right, But then this is what I'm doing to be able to, you know.
Speaker 4: Take trying to tone for my mistake.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 5: So hey, look I'm going I went to this Wildland Academy, Uh, got my certifications in college, right, and I'm you know, trying to be able to like really push it to the next level and be able to get a position with y'all. Like I'm I'm I'm showing you not only just the things that happened in the past, but also the things that I'm working on to be able to be a great citizen and being able to be an asset to the cup.
Speaker 2: You know, the organization which is the Force Service.
Speaker 5: So from there, you know, I got you know, then I got an interview and man, it's just like they was asking me, like, you know, so what makes you the best, you know, the best person for this job? And I was like, look, I got experience right when I was in fire cap and you know, I did twenty months you know, fighting fires, doing fire prevention work.
Speaker 2: I was the first saw. I was out there, you know, doing my thing.
Speaker 5: And then not only that, when I came home, I got my credentials as far as getting my certifications I need. And then now I'm actually in college pursuing my a's degree in fire technology. So I'm like, and experience, you can't be right. So I am the best, you know, I have the good position to be able to be the best person for the job.
Speaker 2: Chief.
Speaker 1: I want to ask you this because there's a stigmatism that comes along with someone that's been inconcentrated and they gets out a lot of time. Employment do not want to offer them that because of their prior history.
Speaker 4: How do how are what are you doing?
Speaker 1: And how can we as a society realize that some of these men women have something to offer society in a positive because there is that stigma that they don't want to give you a job. And so that's why I believe the recidivism rate is so I well, if I can't get a job, you're not gonna give me gable employment. I got to go touch somebody to get it, because I gotta somebody.
Speaker 4: I'm just gonna be honest with you. I gotta subviety.
Speaker 2: Gun. That's my guy, man, hey, And that's and that's the real thing, man.
Speaker 5: And that's where I like one I want to tell you all today is like, you know, I can I can speak from experience.
Speaker 2: I was, you know, I was a little firecracker when I was younger.
Speaker 5: So I think even the respect that I gained from these men and women that's out there a bout on these fires and stuff, and that's in these fire camps. I can really attest to what they've gone through and and it's really an important factor of me being able to like talk to like. So, for example, let me tell you some some real stuff. So cal fire. Right, that's like the state's fire department. Okay, they actually one of our biggest funders, and they actually support what we're doing and they put their money with their mouth, is right, Governor Gavin Newsom. He passed a bill that was effective January first, twenty twenty one. It's called AB twenty one forty seven, which allows folks that's been incarcerated and fire camps get their record of sponge once they come home. So big shout out to the governor, right, big shout out to cal Fire. And but one thing that we do need to like I really want to talk to you about too, is like CDCR.
Speaker 2: You know, I've been wanting to chop it up with them for a while.
Speaker 5: And these are the folks that you know, how's these how's the folks that's being incarcerated right And I'm really looking for a partnership for us to really you know, help out those thousands, you know, folks that's out there balloting these fires right now and should be able to you know, put their money where their mouth is. Let's listen, like, we we really need people like this is this has been going on for a long time. We started our organization in twenty eighteen. It's really been a struggle. I was actually just talking to my wife, man and uh, like it's been a journey for me, Ocho and Shannon and in my team too, and like to be honest with you, my co founder, Brandon Smith, his grandparents house burned down.
Speaker 2: Just inho start to hear that my.
Speaker 5: Director of finance or her house burned down in the Palisades, Right, it's been an effective like not only just what we've been doing and been trying to like we've been you know, we've been struggling with a nonprofit organization. You know, we're trying to do something that's right, but like it's been a lot of like you know, there's been a lot of stigmas, a lot of like you know, pressure with this and now that this hadn't happened, like you know, we've been around. We want we want to be able to provide folks opportunity and stuff. So yeah, let me let me stop there. Let me stop there.
Speaker 1: Because what's the best way people can support your organization, your efforts to do what you can take what you to help you continue to do what you're doing.
Speaker 5: Honestly, if they can donate, I don't care if it's five, ten fifty dollars right to the Forestry Fight rp dot org or even just awareness like I'm a Taed fellow twenty twenty four teen, fellow, shout out to all the tad folks, I have a ted talk and just spurring awareness.
Speaker 2: Of the organization what we're doing.
Speaker 5: And I think that's really what needs to happen, Like folks need to know what we actually do. And I think, you know, to all the you know athletes, to all the folks that been in that lived in the urban community, I feel like we would definitely would love your support and knowing that we actually, you know, getting folks that say that there are you know, zeros when they go to prison and the homies, right, like all the folks that we know that grew up, right, I'm actually providing them an opportunity to get a you know, a six figure.
Speaker 2: Job, right and if you think about that in LA, like that's huge.
Speaker 5: That's life changing money for folks, right, and and even being able to get their recordary sports like have a whole zero to hero kind of like mentality and uh and shout out to I'm gonna be honest with you, shout out to like ARC, shout out to j cod Uh, shout out to like all these folks that's really trying to make things happen on a higher level. Even Kim Kargashi and she's been saying some things about us and trying to uplift that voice, right, but we I need support from you know, folks that's in the LA community, that been in urban community that understand what we're going through. And think about Uncle Jojo, you know, Uncle Nuk Nook and all those.
Speaker 2: Folks that the days of one them no ones would be.
Speaker 5: Going to firect right and they can be able to get that and when they see that, you know, all it takes is a little bit of effort.
Speaker 2: It takes a mindset. And and that's another thing too.
Speaker 5: Shout and Oak I want to say, like it's it's you know, it's my control over debo right when you can be able to to inspire and show like, look you've already been doing it, bro, like you might as well just.
Speaker 2: Go ahead and you know, dive all the way. It's an honest hustle, right exactly.
Speaker 5: And you think about it, it ain't it ain't too many opportunities that you can come home from prison and make six figures.
Speaker 2: Think about it and what we're doing.
Speaker 5: We're like, think of we only training one hundred people for you know, year round, like and then one thing that I wanted to tell y'all talk to y'all aout too, is that I've been trying to like uplift the Buffalo Handker. So I don't know if you educated on this, like about the Buffalo Soldiers and Okay, so so they you know, obviously the African American men, you know, wanted to serve in the armed forces and they actually went out to it was a fire in nineteen ten and they saved the town in avery.
Speaker 2: Idaho and they did a backburn.
Speaker 5: And that's something that we kind of like do, like you know, even today, and that kind of has been kind of like a little tradition, right and being able to do prescribe kind of burns and like trying to say and stuff.
Speaker 2: And I actually launched a crew in twenty twenty two. It's called the Buffalo Buffalo hand Crew.
Speaker 5: And what I want to do is, you know, build a crew where I can be able to do fire prevention and fire suppression work throughout the throughout the state. Because that's one of the things too. You got those holes, those those houses that burn, and policies and on and I know, like it is like a wind event that like it's just you know, a natural disaster and you can't really like stop that. But it is some things that we can do as far as going out here doing some fire prevention work, cutting brush right, because the more brush that's.
Speaker 2: Cut, the less and birds and all that stuff is out there.
Speaker 1: So if if if a fire burn, if a burn, if the same thing as a break, because I remember when I was growing up, they would used to take the break. They would burn certain areas so that if there was a fire, it could only go to the so once it's burned, there's nothing it could jump over and keep going on. So I'm bearing for I'm very familiar. I just wanted to know if it burn the same thing as the break. Yeah, pretty much. And that's where I think if we do a lot of more you know, fire permission work. It's been efforts, right, it is a process. It's a complicated situation.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna be honest, but I want as a as an organization, a nonprofit organization, to be able to do this work year round and do it more frequently. And I can hire folks internally like they can go through my program and oh show I gotta ask I gotta ask you a question because I did I did. I did tell you how we do it right. So we recruit, we train, and then we help them get a job with the you know, give them a resume, go through the application process because we know, and then that's when we mentor them throughout their their career and since and you know, we help them with the social services, we help them.
Speaker 2: With the expungement.
Speaker 5: And I got to give it a lot of shout out man to a lot of my people that you know, have been been with me since the beginning, that.
Speaker 2: Believed in me. And you know, we we have.
Speaker 5: A location in San Manandino, La County, we have a location in Oakland, and were trying to just continue to do our work and think what we're doing is transcending and it's really transformed folks lives. And I just I appreciate the platform and the opportunity for you to have me on here. And you know, I just wanted to do the good work. I didn't do this for for the riches and fame and glory. I did it because I feel like I knew that this was something that I needed to do and it was going to be able to help people's kids kids, right Like it's a generational thing. Think about it when you have a person that can make that amount of money to be able to put their kids in private school or put them in a better school system, and then they become something right and then like generational.
Speaker 4: Just to be able to provide that part.
Speaker 2: And it's the money.
Speaker 5: Look, it's it's a o cho ay I hear you're both saving that bread baby, Like, hey, you can't say nothing.
Speaker 2: We got to it.
Speaker 5: Hey, I I need I might need to, like you need to start like a little financial class or something like, I need to.
Speaker 2: You might have to give me a little cyborg like how to do it?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 6: So I got you, I got you, I got it.
Speaker 4: You know what what we did tonight a chief raw Raymie.
Speaker 1: All the money that we're gonna collect from the super chat, we're gonna donate that to the organization. But I believe so positive and so strong in what you're doing. I'm gonna personally donate twenty five thousand dollars out of my own pocket because I really appreciate what you're doing. I love the fact that you're trying to help the community, try to give back and try to keep guys from going back into the into the system, and they have gainful employment so they can provide not only for themselves but for their family. So I really appreciate it. I appreciate you taking time out of your schedule and coming on here and sharing a little insight of what this program is all about, because we see, we've heard so much about these young men that are out here fighting these forest fires, for really risking their lives for pennies on the dollar. And so I appreciate that, and I'm sure everybody here that's watching this appreciate, appreciate your service and what you're doing.
Speaker 4: I know, Oh Joe and I, we greatly appreciate it.
Speaker 1: So all the money that we gathered from the super chat tonight, we're gonna donate that to your fund.
Speaker 4: But you're gonna get a personal You're gonna get a personal.
Speaker 1: Donation from Shannon Sharp in the tune of twenty five thousand dollars because I believe in you. I believe in what you're doing, and I want to say thank you for what you're doing.
Speaker 2: Sir, Thank you man, Salute realte.
Speaker 6: Not not very many times, you know, do we get a second chance of anything.
Speaker 2: Not very many times.
Speaker 6: And what you're doing, man, is commendable and you know, from the bottom of my heart, man, I really do salutes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I appreciate you Shannon and Man for that.
Speaker 5: The first thing that came to my mind, it was like that Jerry maguire, Man.
Speaker 2: Don't make me cry.
Speaker 4: Cry baby, Bro, just keep just keep just keep doing what you're doing.
Speaker 1: Keep God first, keep doing what you're doing, Bro, And I'm proud of you.
Speaker 4: I'm happy for you.
Speaker 1: And this is a great program and hopefully there are a lot of young men that want to take advantage of this situation to do something positive. Yes, they're made mistake that, Let's not make that be the end. Let that be the start of a new beginning. So congratulations on your program. Like I said, thank you for joining us tonight and we'll check back in with you down the road.
Speaker 5: All right, Thank you'all. Appreciate both of y'all. Shannon and Oak Show. Have a good one.
Speaker 4: YouTube bro yep.
Speaker 2: Oh man.
Speaker 1: That's a chief Raal Ramsey called him Raimi No is it Ramsey or Raymie Raymie Okay raymi Uh. He's the co founding chief executive auficor of the Forestry and Fire Recruitment Program and it's doing a lot of good things because what it does is give inmates an opportunity to learn a craft.
Speaker 4: Because it's hard.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's hard for them to get a job because somebody they put on that thing and the U have been committed up a crime. You say, yeah, blah blah blah. They're like, oh, now we can't hire you. So now I ain't got no game of employment. I'm out.
Speaker 2: But what can I do to survive? How do I get a place to stay?
Speaker 1: And so a lot of in sometimes family don't want you around because you know you've done something and it's so it's hard. And so you know, like I said, I mean, when you don't have employment and you need to survive, the dog won't starve himself. Humans are no different. They're not gonna starve themselves. So if if they can't get game from employment, they're gonna find a way to survive. And so what Royal Ramy, Chief Royal Ramy is doing if giving guys an opportunity. I greatly appreciate that. And I don't mind. Like I said, I've been very fortunate, I've been blessed. God has blessed me beyond blessed. And so someone's doing something positive bout yoe. I always want to be able to lend a hand, Yes, sir, so thank you chief for coming on and join us.
Speaker 2: Oh jo.
Speaker 1: An accounting era didn't get Jimmy Butler paid. Report Miami had an accounting era that left Jimmy Butler without pay for ten days. Jimmyly reportedly took private flight separate from the team in order to visit his sick father. So, in other words, he wasn't just taking it because he didn't want to file on the plane because pat Riley might have been on the plane, he might have had beef. He was like, look, I'm gonna meet you where you're going, but I really need to see my dad. My daddy is not going to be here much longer, and I want to spend as much time as I possibly can to be with him. I'm gonna join you wherever we're going, right, but just give me that opportunity to be with my father.
Speaker 6: So, I mean, he that should have been addressed, and that should have been told to them ahead of time or the reports we want to come out that he was flying, you know, flying solo. They think he's flying because he don't want to be with the team, but obviously he had a reason why he wasn't with the team, and now that it comes out, he lets it be known that should have been already talked about internally, so there was no issue. But because there was some strife and and you know there were there was some separation between pat Riley and and the powers that be, that he can pass that message on. You know, I guess I'm assuming just Jimmy did it his way. And now once the once the once the issues came out about him flying solo, and now he lets people know that, you know, Pops is sick, and that might have been something that he didn't want to you know, he didn't even want.
Speaker 2: To get out, correct.
Speaker 1: I think the thing is, I mean, I don't know how you, Like I said, I'm figuring if you're taking private flights and something like that, his dad is probably really, really ill, and you try to spend as much time as as with your fathers or the loved one as you possibly can. And you know, I don't really care as long as he as long as he's gonna be there for the game, and even if he doesn't, because there's some things that are more important than basketball. I know, I know people don't sports. Let me take that back, not just basketball. There's certain things that are more important. Tending to a loved one. I would rank that first. I'm always gonna make sure you family is okay. Now, once they're okay, I can tend. I can my mind can be free, and I can go get done what I need to get done. But I don't really have a problem with Jimmy did taking a private flight because he could have just like, hey, the hell with it. I'm gonna be here with my dad as long as my dad needs me. The f them sports, because oh yeah games, do y'all gonna play fifty sixty more of these? I ain't gonna get another dad. Once he gone, he gone. And so I totally get what Jimmy did taking the private jet. And this is why he took the private jet, because they said the private jet because he wanted to stay back with his father and spend as much time as he could.
Speaker 2: But he always ended up making the game.
Speaker 4: So kudos to you, Jimmy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh Joe, go ahead, what are you gonnay long?
Speaker 6: Let me let me use the bathroom real quick. Hey, naymar, that's the dog that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Hey, I said, hey, listen, make sure hey, un whatever you getting ready to say, I said it first. So when it actually happens, just know I tweeted it two weeks ago because a little birdie told me, hold on, hold.
Speaker 1: On, neymar is in talks with three MLS teams over a possible move. He's with one of those teams in Saudi Arabia, and anyone on one of those teams like Cristiano Rinaldo.
Speaker 2: Oh hold on, I mean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, he's making big money over there. But theymar even talking with three MLS teams over a possible move. Oh, Joe, tell the people at home what the move would mean for professional soccer in the US.
Speaker 4: Now we know, Uh, Messi is already.
Speaker 2: In the league.
Speaker 4: I think swarev U joined him also.
Speaker 6: Right, yep, Suarez is there. Jordi Alba is there as well. And I think obviously there was a time where there was a time, I mean phenomenal trio at Barcelona when it was it was obviously Jordi Alba was there, but the trio Messi, Suarez and theymar An it was. It was a beautiful thing. It was a beautiful thing. Now in comparison to something you would understand is when Chris Boss, Dwayne Wade, and Lebron were playing together. Now, I'm not saying that the same thing. I'm just giving you better context on how that trio was when they play Togetherach about beach about art. There's a reason they called soccer the beautiful game, and that's exactly what they displayed when they played together. So them reuniting, even though they're past their primes, it still would be a joy. It would be a joy to watch them if theymar Is to come to the States, if it was to happen, it would be Miami. Even if he's in talks to other teams, you know in MLS. If it's not LA if it's not the Galaxy, or it's not LAFC, I don't see him going anywhere else. I don't see him going anywhere else to see the LA f C, the Galaxy or down here in Miami. He not playing for any of the other teams. And that's no disrespect to them. They just wouldn't have the type of money he's looking for, even though they paying him. I don't even I don't know what Ash could tell you. Well, you know what they are made to go to go to Saudi Arabia to play him a lot. Then't get what I think Ronaldo got like five not nothing real? Yeah, Ronaldo got like five million for three years, No two we got two years? Okay, yeah, crazy he got he.
Speaker 4: Makes one hundred and seven million a year. How much Ronaldo.
Speaker 1: Madeymar makes, uh Rinaldo makes one hundred and eighty a year. Yeah, And because they offered, they offered Messi something like that. But Messi took the MLS deal because he gets a sherre of Apple.
Speaker 4: He gets a share of the Jersey sales.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: And the funny thing about it now, I don't know if the reports was true. It might might not be. If they say they offered Messi a billion, they offered Messity a billion dollars to come, but mess Messy don't.
Speaker 2: Need no money, need no money. I don't know if it was true or not.
Speaker 6: You know, a billionaire and Taro avery for two years, No got it knowing them they got it.
Speaker 2: Boy, I know they got the money and they would have paid it. But I'm sure at the point, at this point is in his career.
Speaker 6: I don't want to end it out there in Saudi Arabia. I'm in it out here in Miami.
Speaker 2: I'm in it in Saudi Arabia.
Speaker 4: I edited it were they wherever they got to be here, that's where I did.
Speaker 6: You got and you know that's that's a conversation.
Speaker 4: Look at all the perch, don't oh yo.
Speaker 1: I mean they got like private jazz and they got they got it like a fifty million dollar Penn house and they got armed security, all the bad.
Speaker 6: Please, they are got it made. But again, you got to think where you're going. Now, you got kids, you got a family, you have a wife, and his wife is like listen, I didn't like it when I was in Paris, and you're definitely not.
Speaker 2: Finnah.
Speaker 6: Drag him from Paris and take me to Saudi Arabia. That ain't happening.
Speaker 1: Take me care so where you want to stay, because I'm gonna be over here in Saudi Arabia while you where you are. I will get this beat I would get I would get I would get this money because Ronaldo took you. Ronaldo took the money and ran, which I don't blame me. That's a lot of money on hundred and eighty million dollars.
Speaker 4: A year old Joe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, and you got a lot.
Speaker 4: Of bad man.
Speaker 2: You know. It's funny.
Speaker 6: You got to think how much he's already made before he even got the Saudi Arabia.
Speaker 1: Yes, I think he's like one point six billion dollars. I think that's what he's made. That's what he's made in yourtality. Yeah, with revenue, with with soccer and endorsement thing like that. Yeah, crazy, yeah, oh Joe. A mother went viral for saying her sons will lose inheritance if they have a child out of wedlock.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 6: That listen, that's a good way to force marriage. That's a good way to force marriage on your kids, you know, using money as an incentive, saying if you don't, if you if you do anything out of wedlock, okay, you ain't getting.
Speaker 2: The money you go. You know.
Speaker 6: Now, if they're driven, if they're driven by that, you know, if money is the motive, then you already know what you're gonna get. If they don't care about that, you know, and sometimes due the unfortunate circumstances, shit.
Speaker 1: Happen, Yeah, she happens. The only way to prevent that. They can't put raw meat on somebody.
Speaker 2: Now, that is.
Speaker 1: Man, It is how much money, mama?
Speaker 4: How much my inheritance?
Speaker 2: Right? And you know what, it was better.
Speaker 6: It was better if if you if you got a report, right, it would have been better if they told us what the number was.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's what I'm saying, Hey, mama, how many my inheritance? Bey thou? Now, Mama, I ain't gonna be ain't gonna be able to hold off on that.
Speaker 1: I think the biggest thing in a situation like that, I think I don't think they want to disappoint their mom because they know how important that is for her. You know, she was probably when she gave birth to them, they were probably Dad was probably in there, and so she wants to continue that. She wants to continue that succession of Hey, we do things the right way. We're married, you know, blah blah blah. We don't have baby over here, baby over their baby there. And so I don't have a problem with that. Hey, look, I don't. I don't tell anybody how to really govern their their families. O yo, yes, sir, how they how to divvy up their money. If that's what she wants. The stipulation, because a lot of people have stipulations and not on inheritance. But they have stipulations in prenups. Yes, you know, you gotta have sex x amount of time. You can't gain a certain amount of weight. You have to look at certain light, you have to look at certain weight. So it is what it is.
Speaker 2: They put that in pre nups.
Speaker 4: Hell, yeah, absolutely, that's.
Speaker 2: A little that's a little extensive.
Speaker 1: Because when you get one of us get fat.
Speaker 6: I mean, listen, I mean when when when you once you cross that, once you cross, once you jump that broom, you're supposed to accept your partner forever.
Speaker 2: They are sometimes sometimes accept you how I met you?
Speaker 1: Are you here? You ain't fit to be? No, you ain't finna be No. One fifty five and then in two months be two seventy five. Oh no, that ain't gonna happen.
Speaker 6: I thought you supposed to love your person, love your partner.
Speaker 1: Did I love the person that are married? I don't know who this is is somebody somebody kicked out my wife?
Speaker 2: Right, Oh that's funny.
Speaker 1: No, I mean, but no, I mean people do put that. Actually, people do put things like that in the pre nup. Or you know, who gets the dog or who gets what? And all kinds of things, Lo Joe. You know obviously pants are you know a lot of people have pets. You know, Hey, I get the dog, or I get visitation, or I get the dog, you get the cat, or whatever the case may be.
Speaker 4: But the mom says, look, I want.
Speaker 1: My boys to be married when they have when they father kids.
Speaker 4: Her buddy, she gets to the side, How dim it up?
Speaker 2: Where it goes?
Speaker 1: And that's that's that's crazy, No problem, no problem for the nightcam crew on that.
Speaker 4: One Oh Joe.
Speaker 1: French woman was swindled out of eight hundred thousand dollars by scammers posing as break Brad Pitt, who made her believe she was dating him and that they needed help paying for medical care. After reportedly telling the scamera that she had recently divorced her husband and sent almost all of her divorce settlement about eight hundred thousand, there was seven hundred and ninety eight thousand American dollars after fake Brad Pitt had he had developed kidney cancer and needed alone because his bank accounts were locked out because of ongoing divorce proceeding with Angelina Joe Lee. The woman sent an AI generated image of brad Pitt's face over a man in a hospital in hospital.
Speaker 6: Bed that I mean, is she that dumb or is that stupid? Against twenty twenty five, Brad pitt would a FaceTime you. It's twenty too sick.
Speaker 4: He was too sick.
Speaker 6: If you getting scammed in twenty twenty five out of eight hundred thousand, you.
Speaker 2: Deserve to be scammed. It's twenty twenty five.
Speaker 6: And how the hell you truly bleed Brad pittney eight hundred thousand.
Speaker 1: Because all the reports said that they had They had actually frozen some of its.
Speaker 2: Bank accounts because they're ongoing pinning the boys.
Speaker 1: Because when you're depending the boys, they lie sometimes they will freeze your assets. If they think you're trying to hide or you're trying to move the money, they'll absolutely freeze them.
Speaker 6: Even if they froze some of his assts, Brad pitt has access to eight hundred thousand. Yeah, even if so. We talked about one greater. We talked about one of the greatest actors of all time. It ain't no just no, it ain't no Joe blow. Come on, man, I mean you can't be that guy that come on man, o Jo. When you when you look at oh Joe you look at o Joe. She had just gotten the bors.
Speaker 1: She thought Brad Pitt was interested in her.
Speaker 4: Hey, you know, love is blinding, O Joy. It's like a cataract.
Speaker 6: That ain't love that definitely it was on her part. How she loving somebody? If she just just left somebody, You just got the bors exactly and young and you think brad Pitt was next in live o Jo?
Speaker 1: You know how that's how you That's how you play on someone's emotion, someone, someone that just lost a loved one. What do you do you play on that? That's how you get close to somebody. Oh, you grieving, I want to be there for you. I'm gonna cry on your shoulder. And next thing, you know, you just slip met in them. You see how that how that works on Joe? You see how that work?
Speaker 2: Hey, it happened every time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and uh, I don't think you're gonna get this money back.
Speaker 2: They're definitely not.
Speaker 6: Definitely not because there's probably no way to track that.
Speaker 2: No, probably not.
Speaker 6: Listen, if you have a scammer that can get eight hundred thousand dollars out of you, that ain't just no ordinary scam?
Speaker 4: Are they good?
Speaker 2: Oh? Yo, oh ya that's a professional. The fact that that Bernie made off. Bernie made off got three billion. Listen, and you know how to do that? Pond the scheme. No, I don't want to know either. I mean, we canna have three billion though.
Speaker 4: No, you can have time. He in jail. He not out yet, give me that.
Speaker 1: Look, he ain't ever getting long as they a as long as they may make tea, he gonna be in jail. And Chinese been making tea for five thousand years, so he ain't going anywhere anytime soon.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Hell, you got one hundred and fifty years, so they ain't got one hundred and fifty.
Speaker 2: Years they gave. Yeah, Well that privilege ain't work on his n uh m hmm.
Speaker 1: Man, you stole that kind of money and the people that he stole it from. See that why they need to start having our sentences. When you hand our sins, they get somebody one hundred years. We'll stop this from doing the crime because we're gonna make if you don't serve all that time, we're gonna have to get some family member to help support the rest of that.
Speaker 4: So you got a hundred of your centizen, you want to do fifty? All right? Who wants who go, how y'all gonna break this up? Hey, I got teen and that's tie. But uh, it's uh, it's bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that's what Joe. It's always think about it, Joe. They look at the scam. I mean the ups Tom, you got a package, but you just need to send four dollars to get old.
Speaker 2: They got links, they got links they sent you.
Speaker 4: Yes, I ain't got nothing. I just I just hit the leak.
Speaker 6: I ain't clicking on I I don't click on nothing.
Speaker 2: I don't hit you. I don't even know.
Speaker 4: But I don't even know about what.
Speaker 1: I don't even know my credit card information, so I can't give it to you, and so I just hit this slight.
Speaker 2: It's gone. Yeah, yeah, crazy.
Speaker 6: All right, Well I think about them days when I I mean, you probably don't know about it, but you know I'm I'm of I'm ten percent of Nigerian descent, So like I used to be Yahoo boy, I don't know if you know anything about us. But but oh man, I just.
Speaker 2: That's another story for another day.
Speaker 1: Man Walgreen CEO says anti shoplifting strategy backfire. The top executive Walt Green's lamented the loss of cells from putting items at like toothpaste behind locking key. Cracked down on rabbit shoplifting has plagued the pharmacy change around the country. When you lock things up, you don't sell as many of them, you don't, but but a lot some of these are like in college areas because the target over there by u c l A campus, I mean, used to be able to go in there and get toothpaste and and and deodor it and and shower with jail and just grab it. Now you got like a dang bro, and they stand right there, Bro, can you just leave it open? I'm sorry, we can't. Okay, well just while you're here, this that, that, that and that. But I get what he's saying, because people are stealing it. Yeah, so I mean he I mean, they got to take precautions as far as as far as like trying to trying to keep you.
Speaker 6: From stealing it, right, But then but then it's it's messing up, is messing up sales because yes.
Speaker 1: Guess what, but guess what, we're not selling as many of it, but they were stealing more of it.
Speaker 2: So I'm lose, lose, lose either.
Speaker 6: Way you look at it. Yes, how do you how do you count that as a CEO?
Speaker 2: What do you do at that point? I don't know.
Speaker 1: I just have to leave it locked up because I guarantee you they're stealing leaving a guy like that probably and that's why and people talking about man, the prices, the price keep going up because they keep stealing. You keep they keep stealing it. It's dropping the prices up. Something something haves to offset that, and.
Speaker 2: That messing up everything.
Speaker 4: It mess it messes up for everybody. I just I just.
Speaker 1: People don't seem to understand how how how the economy works. Somebody gotta pay for that. Oh yeah for lost, I got it. Somebody has to pay for that O yo, time.
Speaker 2: I don't think if people understand, guess who's gonna have to pay for it?
Speaker 1: The consumer that actually buys it, all us the thief. The thief ain't paying for it. We have to pay for it. And then you know they've gotten really laxed. Unless it's so what is it like eight fifty or one thousand dollars and it's not a they just write your little citation or something like that, like nine hundred dollars and so uh yeah, it's bad. I mean at Target is the same. It's Target is the same thing. A lot of these like it used to be, Like where did that go?
Speaker 2: Hell?
Speaker 1: I went to Sally's I think the other day, and they got stuff grease and stuff like I'm.
Speaker 2: Like, what damn Sally be this fly?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm like, man, I've tring to give me. Somebody trying to get something that fifty seventy tenth Beiji. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: That's why it.
Speaker 4: Was locked up.
Speaker 2: Okay, so over here still great.
Speaker 1: But see that's why I like to go get stuff in bulk. So I'll buy keep going back. Yeah, I'll buy twenty of Listerines.
Speaker 4: I'll buy forty two to two page fifteen the olderest.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I don't like going back because I know y'all gonna have it locked up. So and then now Shelley just ordered, so I only really have to go right. Yeah, But I walked a ceo Walgreens. I totally understand there. There's a hassle to go in there where you used to going you in a hurry oho, and there's never anybody there. They're normally you know, cashiers or something that you know, pharmisists or whatever. The case may be, you got to go ask them, excuse me, can you go open such a touch and you know they got a thousand keys on there.
Speaker 6: Hey see, I kind of I agree with you in a little bit, but I don't think you really understand the joy and in the pleasure, in the excitement it gives me. Now to give you better context, remember when you was a little kid and you was going in the store. Yeah, remember theyrs did you you remember you've heard of as Yeah, the jewelry store.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, no, no, no, that's no.
Speaker 6: Zerah was like a like back in the day, like in the early eighties, in the early eighties, late nineties, Z's was like a J. C. Penny almost like a little bit or Publics or something like that.
Speaker 2: Route.
Speaker 6: I think if I if I'm not mistaken, like a like a target, that feeling.
Speaker 2: You had when you know you're going to you're going and going into Target.
Speaker 6: Let's say you're a little kid and your mama say before we get in here, I'm telling you right now, don't you ask me for nothing but that and excitement and knowing you was going in there and there's a possibility you might be able to get something.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 4: Z y z y r E zero discount z A z A y r e y s.
Speaker 6: Yeah, even as even as a grown adult at my aid, there's a certain level of excitement. I swear, I swear for God and be able to go in the store and yeah, get stuff. Yeah, but to go to Target. Just I don't think you don't understand what that target run does.
Speaker 1: Target existed until I got to Colorado, real No, but we had belts, we had J. C.
Speaker 4: Penny, we had stuff like that.
Speaker 1: We have no Target and no glenn Ville where no Tale in Savannah, yes, when I went to school.
Speaker 6: So you don't understand the joy of actually take going on a target run and walking up and down the aisles, going for one item and coming out with ten Like oh yeah.
Speaker 1: That's why I don't like to go shopping now, because I ain't never go into about one thing. I go get on juice. I'm coming out with muffins. I'm coming out with pretzels, Yes, a popcord, I'm coming out with a whole bunchet. Listen, I'm going yeah, I noticed likely go. Even when you go into like these little convenience stores O Yo with stuff was all out there and you had all those cookies on the thing, and it was penny cooking and Penny candy and all that stuff. You missed that right, ain't no more. I don't think is there anything that's in a store that you can buy for a penny?
Speaker 4: I can't remember last time I've been inside a convenience store.
Speaker 2: No, nothing at all.
Speaker 1: Because then after a certain hour, oh yo, they lock it and then you like you want a soldam They think, can I get a sprite? The guy go get the sprite, it put it in the thing. You just can't walk in the store. After a certain time, things have changed, and they've had to change. I mean, you know, it's gotten dangerous out of here. You know, people a lot of people don't care, don't care anything about their life, and they damn sure don't care anything about yours.
Speaker 4: So they'll take whatever they can.
Speaker 1: And it's not good enough to just take it and just move on.
Speaker 2: They end up harming somebody.
Speaker 1: But I definitely understand what the CEO is talking about, But we all get impacted by that, oh Joe, because it drives the prices up for everybody.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, they gonna get that money back.
Speaker 1: Someway Q and a oh Joe Night Caprice, you've donated five hundred and fifty dollars to a board. Oh okay, I was gonna say that first. Go ahead, we got the animation. Come on with YOUO. We got nightcap I mean Q and a night Capri. You've donated five hundred and fifty dollars for a very worthy cost. Thank you so much. Also, I'm deal a personal domination because I think this is a very very worthy cause. And I really appreciate the young brother uh trying to get out there and try to help people and give back because I hate to see people not get an opportunity to be successful because nobody will hire them because of a past mistake. So hopefully this will this will help and UH and UH, I really appreciate what this young man is doing. But thank you, guys night Having for donating to a very worthy cause. Shout out to doctor Frankie L. Belling, Me, Olivia Hawkins and Taylor Bell Big, big, big, big donators. Doc, you've always been great. You've been here for the doctor. I'll begin to wander dog. You got a job, Baba, don don o fors lout forty four kg to the guys coming home trying to make it and make it its as as hard as profession. What is lout forty four g to the guys coming home trying to make it and a hard ass profession. Oh yeah, but look I get it. You know, Look, anytime that your life is at risk, obviously that's very very very very tough, but it gives you an opportunity to get do it. Art his profession, and you know a lot of times there's some there's some programs that they're out there that they hire guys that's previously been inconcerated as long as the crime isn't you know, the one of the most heineous natures. And he's explaining to us there are certain crimes in order to get into the program you can't be convicted of. But I just like the fact that he's trying to help, because it's tough when somebody won't give you a job and you need to eat, you need a place over your head, maybe you have kids or things of that nature. Ojo, it's really hard, and so I just appreciate what the brother's doing.
Speaker 2: Yes, Sir Katy prays your story, it was inspiring. Keep doing what you're doing.
Speaker 1: What you're doing wish I had more to help your cause, any little bit of helpcare, but we appreciate that. Man Sls said, Shout out to all the firefighters for the hard work you're doing. They're doing sitting in love from Canada. Yep, were great, greatly appreciated. So much damage has been done to the men and women that's out there fighting, putting their lives on the line to try to get these fires under control. Here at everybody at Nightcap and all our listeners with sending our thoughts and prayers with you. Hopefully everybody makes it home safely. A nice farm d much loved to all the first responders and all behind the scene people. I see you, Yes we do, and we respect you. Then, Quarius Hill said, my brother's in West Hill Grad and I want to show his appreciation for everything that community did for my bro his time there. But Nightcap fam stand up, Yes, we support all good here.
Speaker 4: Landy Ray just wanted to donate to a worthy cause.
Speaker 1: Cheers to the chief and firefighters and all my fellow nonprofit workers out there as well for the fighting a good fight, fighting the good fight.
Speaker 2: Yes, Landy, thank you appreciate that.
Speaker 1: Bradenson, my dad was a correctional officer at the fire camp in California. He loved those inmates and working alongside them, some of the most hard working and kind people.
Speaker 4: Thank you appreciate your dad, Yes, Keeper now Jr.
Speaker 1: Who's the worst quarterback in NFL history or wide receiver in NFL history?
Speaker 2: The worst quarterback? Yes, Nathan Peterman.
Speaker 1: Uh, he got a strong case, JaMarcus Ryan Leaf. I think the thing is on Joe.
Speaker 4: Is because those guys were such high draft picks.
Speaker 1: I mean, you know a guy that's a fourth round pick or something like that.
Speaker 2: The draft.
Speaker 4: You're the number two pick in the draft.
Speaker 2: It's a lot of persons that live up to those expectations.
Speaker 4: Uh it really, it really is uh uh uh Wide receiver Blackman Jacksonville.
Speaker 2: But I mean he got in trouble though.
Speaker 1: Uh well, you didn't feel expectations. Charles Rogers got in, we got to had some injuries, broke its collar bowl like the second held out broke its collar bowl, end up broking it again.
Speaker 4: I mean you probably have to go back.
Speaker 1: I mean, considering the NFL as over one hundred years old, I'm sure there were some, but they didn't get the coverage like we have now.
Speaker 2: Keep up? Do you want what's good nightcap?
Speaker 1: I'm a big Atladda Falcons fan and I'm liking the connection between Michael Pennick's junior and Drake London.
Speaker 2: Uncle Ocho.
Speaker 1: Do you think they can be a top tier quarterback wide receiver cardbo deck season?
Speaker 2: Yes, you do?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean the simple size simple size that we got from from Pennix in in London is so small. But only it only has them to grow, you know, obviously right getting getting the off seats together, getting the mini camp together, getting the training camp together, you know, and in a full season, it has the potential to be very very very.
Speaker 4: Good because when you when you think about it, O, Joe.
Speaker 1: Kirk Cousins took the majority of the reps with Drake London, so they're only going to get better once they get in the many camps and then get the OTA and get the training camp and he's getting the majority of rest of London.
Speaker 2: But if if there was.
Speaker 1: Any n occasional last couple of games that seemed to be about a budding Combo big Rue, You're unkin Oo from Cleveland, a sad Browns fan. What do y'all think the brown should do? To get back to continue starting with the draft. Uh, would you ever coach in the NFL oacho wide receiver coach? No, I ain't coaching the NFL afluh.
Speaker 2: College, high school, junior league?
Speaker 4: Me midget excuse me? Huh about flag?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: I don't want to be no coaching. No, it was all like it was.
Speaker 1: It was all I could take the coach, the celebrities, and they had the basketball. Everybody everybody, everybody want, everybody will will playing time, everybody coach. I'm just getting hot, bro, you just got three turnovers. How you getting hot?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: But what you guys, you got to get a quarterback. You're not winning. No team is winning in the NFL without a quarterback. Without consistent quarterback play, it is very, very difficult for you to win in today's time. Look at the team that's currently in the playoffs. What do they all have?
Speaker 2: Quarterbacks?
Speaker 4: Quarterbacks?
Speaker 1: And if I'm not mistaken, Lamar might be the lowest drafted quarterback at thirty two. Jerry Golf was number one overall, jayde Daniels was number two overall, Josh Allen was number seven, Patrick Mahomes was I think ten.
Speaker 4: Who else we leave out.
Speaker 1: Jayler Hurst was a second round pick and then Matthew Stafford was number one overall.
Speaker 4: But you got to have a quarterback.
Speaker 1: You gotta get consistent quarterback, consistent quarterback play in order to have a chance to win currently.
Speaker 4: In the NFL. Without it, you don't have a chance.
Speaker 1: Isaiah Landcapter unkinocho who wins Buffalo Ravens and how do the Ravens slow down? Josh Shallen also what their thoughts from Brandon Jennings calling Tatum the softest Celtic superstar.
Speaker 4: I disagree with it? Uh who you got?
Speaker 2: Yes? Who he's about?
Speaker 1: Who go?
Speaker 6: How they gonna stop Dereck Henry? Did you see the first time the Ravens played the Bills? But one of the Bills front line that is undersized, undersized tremendously. If the Steelers, whose identity is defense, and I I would think better suited to stop Dereck Henry couldn't do nothing with him.
Speaker 2: The Bill is definitely gonna being be able to do nothing with him. He's gonna run crazy, he gonna run wild. Now you go out there, you stack nine in the box, he stay, you stack eight in boxes? You know what we do?
Speaker 4: Then?
Speaker 2: Now that's a different story.
Speaker 4: Well here's the thing though, O Joe.
Speaker 1: But the best way to stop Josh Allen is keep his ass on the bench, off the field. And the Ravens have the type of offense that can do that. When you got a dead Henry and you got a Lamar Jackson, you gotta be able to stop both of those guys.
Speaker 4: That Look, I understand, James Cook had a phenomenal year.
Speaker 1: Uh. I think he had sixteen seventeen rushing touchdown. He was phenomenal. So was Josh Shallen. But the best running back quarterback duo in the NFL it is it's them too, and it's not close. That's Lamar and Derick Henry and it's not close. Oh Joe, let me let me go back. I made a reference. I was talking about little league football. When I said midgets, I was not talking about little people. I was talking about that's what we used to call pop Warner. We used to call it mission football music football's but you know, you know, but you know oo, you and I talked people parts words and he was being just he was being disrespectful to little people. Yeah, I just like, I just like to clear things up because you know, people are always looking to try to cancel somebody. So I was making a reference. I wasn't talking about the actual individuals. And I understand they want to be called little people, but I've spoken to little people then they like the term, the m term, and it's like, it's not disrespectful. But I was talking about the group, the age when we had like I think we're I think I started playing I was nine. That's what they called the league. We played in so and fight race cars. They call it midgets. But you know some people, some people want to take everything and blow it out of proportion, don't Joe.
Speaker 6: It's so funny. Long time ago, I had a year while I was able to stay with my mama in La. Right, Yeah, I tried it with her one time when I was young and my grandma brought me on back. I played for will She Yellow Jackets. I played the midgets.
Speaker 4: That was.
Speaker 6: There was no weight class, it was, it was the midgets, right, that's funny. I just just thought about that.
Speaker 4: But that's what you know. But you know idea, don't Joe.
Speaker 1: You know people are always looking for something to try to Oh, he be in disrespect for the little people as a derogatory term. He knows better, he shouldn't have said this, and then all the groups come out and they try to boycott and do all this stuff. So I just want to clarify I was not talking about individuals. I was talking about the group. That's what they called the league that we played in. Even the little race cars, that's what they call the race cars. It's still called that on the circuit. So I just wanted to make sure we clear that up. Okay, his second part, what are your thoughts on Brandon Jennings calling Jason Tatum the softest Celtics superstar?
Speaker 4: I disagree with it. That's Brandon Jennings's opinion.
Speaker 2: I don't you know, it's.
Speaker 1: It's just hard to get upset with somebody where they have an opinion, or you know, Brandon Jennings played in the league and that's his opinion of Jason Tatum. I think the thing is now you don't have they're not required to be what the guys were in the seventies, eighties and nineties, and it's okay, there's a different way. Everybody doesn't have to be and everybody don't have to be scowling, and everybody don't have to try to run people over to be successful. All I know is he put the ball out, put the ball into a very high clip.
Speaker 2: I have a question. So he yes, he says he's soft.
Speaker 6: He is he basing that based off his mannerisms or is for his style of play?
Speaker 2: Probably his mann rhythm and style of play.
Speaker 1: Maybe you know, Oh Joe, you know we grew up, we always thought light skinned guys was soft. Hey, we going at him right? You could not be light skinned and had good hair? Yeah, yeah, we punishing you, bro. We already know you saw you had to prove to us that you weren't. But in today's typopoicisly Oh your youth, your kid, and you think that come you know I coach you? Then still that Yeah you know he's soft? Okay, I believe it too, But I don't think Jason Tatums is souf. I just think he has a different way of doing things, and I mean he gets it done doing it, doing it his way.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The man is a three time first team All NBA player. He's on the championship team. I guess because he didn't win the finals MVP, or he didn't win the Eastern Conference MVP. That makes him soft. So what is nicolea Jokic? He's off of ne All I know is he the three time league MVP and the Finals MVP. That's all I know is he shocked. No, everybody can't gotta be Everybody can't do what Shaq did. Everybody don't got to be cutthrown and try to cut people's head off like Jordan.
Speaker 4: At the end of the day, do you get the job done.
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: I mean, look, there are many different denths DHL, there's UPS, there's fed X, there's Amazon. All of them delivered your package. Jason Tatum putting the ball in at an elite level. But hey, that's ja. That's a Brandon Jenning's opinion, Betty said, if Josh Allen had Lamar Jackson's stats this year, do you think he would have better unanimous MVP on that team? He got absolutely what's higher than unanimous? Consider oh Joe, considering that he hissed Lamar, he got Lamar stats.
Speaker 2: So he got.
Speaker 1: Forty one forty two touchdowns, four interceptions, nine hundred yards rushing, and he lost Gave Davis, and he lost Stefan Diggs, and he lost White, and he lost Michael Hyde and he lost for you, and he lost Matt Malone for a large part of the season.
Speaker 6: Absolutely damn show yes so and listen, but he don't.
Speaker 1: Lamar got those stats, So Lamar go win the MVP, Sir Kay says, what's up, guys in y'all's opinion is justin Herbert afraid of the playoff lights because the regular season game is amazing, but in the playoffs not so much.
Speaker 2: Why is that?
Speaker 4: I don't think so, guys.
Speaker 1: Y'all see Patrick, Mahomes and Brady got y'all spoiled.
Speaker 4: Yoh, because y'all think that it's easy.
Speaker 1: How soon? How soon did Peyton Manny win a playoff game? His first day they went thirteen and three. His second year, they went thirteen and three. They had the number one. They lost their home, They lost it home, you know, they lost to the Tennessee Titans, and then they were getting beat forty one to nothing.
Speaker 2: By the Jets and Chad Pennington.
Speaker 6: Yeah, oh that defense was crazy back then.
Speaker 2: Boy, that just d No.
Speaker 6: That was before they had Reevers. No, I know the defense was. It was good though.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, bro, everybody's not going to have the success that Brady and that's the thing. Brady and Patrick Mahomes is ruined it for a lot of people. Look at that way, look out long. They took John to win, to win super Bowls. I mean yeah, it took the drive for him to make a name for himself. He goes ninety eight yards, he ties the game. They end up winning an overtime. But guys, it's not easy at all. I mean, Lamar Lamar, first couple of times he didn't win in the playoffs. It takes time, and we think Lamar, we don't think Lamar is a pro Dewey. But Patrick Mahome, you know, his first year he takes starting. He goes to the NFFC championship game, he loses the Brady he comes back and he wins it. He goes back. The next year, he loses in the Super Bowl. He goes back, he misses it, Cincinnati goes and then he wins the next two years. And y'all think that's common. Y'all think that's normal. Brady wins three championships in his first five years, and y'all think that normal.
Speaker 2: It's not difficult.
Speaker 4: It's hard to win in this league. It's hard to win games.
Speaker 1: It's doubly hard to win playoff games in this triple quadruper, hard to win super Bowls, and y'all better stop me. It's just like, you know, some people have success, so shoe. It's just like now, people like people think making money is easy, Making money ain't easy. Making money is easy. I mean, you get a job and make money. But the type of money that they're talking about, Oh, I want private jet money. I want Rose Ross and g Wagging money. I ain't even making that kind of money.
Speaker 2: Oh, choe at all at all.
Speaker 6: Hold on the right, the right way, the right Thank you man, man please.
Speaker 1: Brandon hall Day, name of one hundred dollars new subscribing, wanted to let y'all know I love to show them what you guys are doing, but also wanted to make a donation to the chiefs calls. Yes, thank you, Thank you, Brandon. We really appreciate that. Yes, because I think it's a very worthy cause I really do. I love what he's doing. I'd love to see organization helping in the community. And a lot of times I donate anonymously because I like doing that. But I just wanted the Chief to know that I really believe in him. And I really appreciate what he's doing. Uh, cal Simpson said, so unkin Oh Joe been a fan since Oh Choe's Hall of Fame induction on the sideline.
Speaker 4: Sorry, I late wanted to donate, but had to pull over my semi.
Speaker 1: First rented eighty thousand gallons of gas to donate to the firefighters would be counterproductive.
Speaker 4: You're absolutely right, Calm. You should have came out here.
Speaker 1: Let me drive that thing out, back that thing up, and let me back back that rig up by two miles. I'm back eighteen, will up two miles that mort even have to pull up once you mad, and you mad, won't you look at him? I ain't never seen Hey, my bad.
Speaker 2: Hold on, I had I don't remember. Don't forget I had a rig. Now, damn I got my I got my cd L.
Speaker 4: You can.
Speaker 2: You can't drive no truck man, especially not with no cab on the back.
Speaker 4: I hate I brought it up. I don't even know why I missed it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm if.
Speaker 1: I know it's gonna defend know it's gonna call that kind of that kind of problem down.
Speaker 6: It's saying. I'm just saying you. You you talked about driving and driving a rig like it's easy.
Speaker 2: It's not easy.
Speaker 4: It's playing the NFL easy.
Speaker 2: Oh no, that's very difficult.
Speaker 1: Okay, then I did that. Give me to give me, I'll tell you what you do. Give me two weeks, I'll fly the Space Shuttle. Give me two weeks and I'll take the place. Hey, don't make me do it. I jumped the fence of Kate Crnapple and take.
Speaker 4: Off on you.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna come bail you out too.
Speaker 2: Coming down.
Speaker 1: All you hear is T minus four in county three two one. We have ignition, We have lyft off. Ma'am, I get it, ma'am. Said he's gonna steal the space shut Man said he's gonna steal the space Shuttle. O Joe, I have a all y'all see in the window.
Speaker 2: Hey, where you get? You get up there and get stuck. Boy, they you know you ain't coming down.
Speaker 1: They will come get me. All right, I'm gonna take it. I'm wouna go to Mars.
Speaker 2: Nah ya.
Speaker 1: Jersey Girl nineteen seventy three said Uncle No Joe love the show. Happy blated birthday? Can I wish my husband a happy birthday? And he's a cigar guy, Do you have any recommendations? Oh, oh, Joe, Well, Jersey girl, happy blady birthday to your husband. Hopefully you guys did something great. You guys got an opportunity to celebrate. You took him out to a nice dinner, you know, rub his feet and then you know all the other stuff that bad couples do.
Speaker 4: Oh yo, Joe.
Speaker 1: She says her husband is a cigar guy, is there any recommendation?
Speaker 6: I mean, if he's a cigar guy, I don't know what his palette like. I don't know what he you know, what he likes, you know, like spicy mile But for me, but what I like? I like I like dark, I like something a little heavy. I like that the Lunatic seventy gauge. I love big ring gauges. Let me see what else? What else could he try? Obviously he can try one of my cigars. Eighty five cigars is more of a more of a rookie experience at a smoker, so everyone can enjoy it. But if he's a little bit more experienced, being that he is a cigar smoker, that Lunatics seventy gauge is one that I love, one of the ones that I love and I continue to go to the Andalusian Bull. Obviously with cigar of the year, I think in maybe twenty fifteen. That's a good smoke. The Drone nineteen twenty six series is another good one.
Speaker 2: And that that's.
Speaker 6: Just three off the back that I smoke outside of my own.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know anything about no cigars, so I ain't fit to hold you.
Speaker 6: We're gonna get We're gonna get your cigar in New Orleans.
Speaker 2: Man, what I'm gonna do with it? Smoke it? Uh?
Speaker 1: I don't know about that. O Yoe, I don't know about that, don't Joe, because you you, I mean you. My brother's a big cigar guy.
Speaker 4: You know what I did. I bet him some cigars.
Speaker 2: I went.
Speaker 1: I went to Uh Danny Damn Marino. You know he had a celebrity. He used to have a celebrity goar turn. I don't know if he have it anymore. And I bet I bet on these.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 1: They were like ten of them, and I wanted to bed for a thousand dollars.
Speaker 6: Oh they dried out though, Damn you let the cigar and try out.
Speaker 1: I didn't know I needed a human door. Hell, I thought I get keep him. It was all in the nice I said, bab I told my brother, said, brother, you.
Speaker 2: Can have these. Right?
Speaker 4: Are you tripping fell apart in his hand?
Speaker 2: Bro?
Speaker 4: Why are you not in the bed?
Speaker 2: Damn it's past your bedtime. Well you got him on the bed time too. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, he normally goes to bed. He normally goes to bed about eight o'clock. Okay, but I started a little earlier tonight. Uh, and so we started selling. So he was up, Get up, get up?
Speaker 4: Okay, Okay, I'm gonna try to picture.
Speaker 2: You kind of like TV.
Speaker 4: Huh.
Speaker 2: Yes, I see you.
Speaker 1: I love you too, buddy, the big old boy.
Speaker 2: You want to treat? You want to treat?
Speaker 1: All right, we're by done. I think this was the last one. You got two more questions? Oh, Jo, we got we got two more questions, and then I get you a treat. Okay, okay, Nemo Brad said, what's up unker on yo? Love y'all podcast and look up to you guys. Can I get a birthday shout out? I'll be turning twenty one on Saturday? What advice would you give on becoming a great man? Nemo? Thank you bro for watching. Hopefully you're a subscriber, Happy twenty first birthday. You'll never be twenty one again. That's supposed to be the entry. Now you're supposed to be a man. You could drink, you could do a lot of different things.
Speaker 4: What are some great advice becoming a great man?
Speaker 2: Oh, that's a good one. It is.
Speaker 1: Be respectful, be kind, be receptive to courtesy, be considerate, Take care of your responsibilities.
Speaker 2: I take that very serious.
Speaker 1: I think all men should take care of their responsibility, whatever the case may be. My responsibility is my family, and I take that very very serious. But there's a lot of different things that you can do be a great partner. I don't think it's like any singular thing, oh Joe. I think it's a combination of things becoming a man. There are a lot of things that make you a man, not necessarily your age, and not necessarily just one thing, like, Okay, I take care of my kids.
Speaker 4: Okay, you're supposed to you you help create them.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, rental birds on your long time subscriber.
Speaker 4: I have a question for y'all.
Speaker 1: I want to hang out with my I want I want to hang out with my friend, but she always has an excuse.
Speaker 4: Should I give up.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, after the after the first excuse, that's a rap, that's a rap. Yeah, don't play that game. Don't let listen, don't let her play that game. You like a have you like a puppet playing with you?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I don't. I don't know if you've ever spent any time with it.
Speaker 1: It's a little bit more difficult out your once you are, like you spend time with someone and then all of a sudden they start playing these games because they kind of got your emotions.
Speaker 4: You kind of invested a little bit.
Speaker 1: But if you never, like, really hung out with her, and you're hoping to hang out with her and she always comes up with an excuse, bro, let that lie.
Speaker 6: Bro, But you know what the play is. You know what it is.
Speaker 2: But at the end of the day, bro, you got the You got to be with who like you?
Speaker 1: I mean, sometimes the best one, the best looking ones, the fightest ones, they don't find you nearly attractive as someone. Let so be with that person. I ain't begging nobody to be with me. Okay, I might beg a little.
Speaker 6: Bit choose who choose you?
Speaker 2: I might beg a little bit, o, Yo, you beg a little bit, A little bit. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Sometimes sometimes you know, you do, you do the begging early, and sometimes you sit back and reflect and you gotta Sometimes you gotta remember who you are now. Oh yeah, sometime you gotta remember who you are. They drag it, they drag it too long and you start to remember, Man, what the hell am I doing? You snap out of it, You snap out of that shit real quick now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, you're right.
Speaker 2: You're right.
Speaker 4: You're right, O Joe, You're right. Thank you guys for joining us for another episode of Nightcap.
Speaker 1: I'm your favorite chant of Shark, Liberty City, Legend, Binger, Ring of Fame, mana Reed, the Pro Bowl of the All Pro that's Chad O Yo Sinko Johnson.
Speaker 4: Please make sure you hit that subscribe button.
Speaker 1: Please make sure you hit that light button, and guys, go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed. Thank you for your support twenty three, twenty four, and twenty five and beyond. Without you, that can be no us. Make sure you check out Shave by Laportier eight. We have it in stock. What better, but what better way to celebrate the twenty twenty five New Year than with a bottle of Shave by Laportier. If you cannot find it any city or state near you. Order it and we will ship it directly to your door. And please please drink responsibly. Guys, got a new addition to the schach Shape Media family, the Humble Batties Podcast. Please go subscribe to the Humble Batty podcast on YouTube. The link is pinned at the top of the chat. Go follow my media company page on all of its platforms at shay Shape Media. Add my clothing company eighty four with eighty four being spelled out. We did this cool t shirt right here. We've got a new shirt. We got shirts, sweats, be thees coosies and mugs from our last drop that just released last month. Quantities are limited, so please make sure you grab yours Wild Supplies. Last tickets for the New Orleans Super Bowl Show. It's our first spring tours stop. They're on sale now. The Lincoln's also payed at the top of the chat, meet and greet and the VIP meet and greet and ticket sales are officially sold out. There will there are still many tickets left to attend the Big Show February the sixth in New Orleans at the Mahelia Jackson Theater. Be there, I promise you don't want to miss this one. So the Nightcap and Club Shay Shape have been nominated for naacp Immage Awards. Nightcap was nominated for Outstanding Podcasts, Arts, Sports and Science. No science, Entertainment, trust me not science, Absolutely not science. Club sh Shape was nominated for Outstanding Podcast Society and Culture. I don't know if you called this episode O show with a Donnielle rollins.
Speaker 6: Y'all had me at night hey when you was when you was only by that god?
Speaker 2: Damn did he pitcher Man? That was funny boy.
Speaker 1: But he told me said, man, look it, man, I come here with a don't be coming here asking me all tocause you know I would try to be Sai.
Speaker 4: Nah.
Speaker 2: I don't want that.
Speaker 4: I want you. I want you to be you. But here.
Speaker 1: He went to school with Burns's sister, so Keith Burns knows him very well. So we got to talking to like, Oh, I said, oh, so you really like say no more fail? So we hey, man, we had a great time. One of my favorite interviews hit Club Sha Sha was nominated for Outstanding Podcast Society and Culture. Please go vote for you guys. The Lincolns pending our social bidios. We want to thank our very special guests, Chief Roy Raimie.
Speaker 2: For joining us.
Speaker 1: Jim Harbaugh is having a hip replacement surgery, and he has a condition with his heart that he's gonna get rectified this offseason. So Jim's gonna be like a great guy on the sideline next year, jumping up and down. I can just imagine how he's gonna be on the sideline with an improved heart and a new gate after having that hip replaced. Thank you guys for joining us. We will see you tomorrow night for another episode of Nightcap.
Speaker 2: I'm He's Oh Joe. See you tomorrow