Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is the Dallascowboys dot Com Draft Show, your war room for inseter news and draft analysis from deep within the confines of Cowboys Headquarters at the.
Speaker 2: Star in Frisco.
Speaker 3: Today is Tuesday, April sixteenth, twenty twenty four, and we are officially single digits.
Speaker 2: Nine days away from the.
Speaker 3: NFL Draft in Detroit, Michigan, coming up next Thursday. As we welcome you into the Draft Show presented by Miller Lite Taste, you can depend on, Oh yeah, we're ready to roll.
Speaker 2: It's time to get things going. Nine days away.
Speaker 3: I Isha Morrison, Brian pratdess Nick Harris, Bobby Belt, Jasmin Marshall running everything in the back of Kyle Yeomans.
Speaker 2: It is here. It's it's crazy that we're getting there.
Speaker 3: And I feel like we say this at the start of every episode, but it's crazy how quickly it's come up upon it. But are the boards set at this point right? Still shifting, still shifting, shifting it around.
Speaker 4: You're working on some final What will happen is this week will be where they'll get it organized and then next week they could start doing the mock drafts or making their calls and all that. So, yeah, we still got some discussions that will be made.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 4: You know, there'll be some position groups. They'll be some groups that are a bit lighter than others, and they'll be able to get through those a little bit quicker. But you want to try and do this, I mean, the final push. You want to make sure you're as fresh as possible. You know, it's a it's a little bit of a daunting task to to put that thing together as we're all learning. But they've they've got this week and then next week will be about trying to make sure they got everything lined up on the board with their medical, any trade possibilities, alert teams what they're interested in, and then kind of navigate that and get ready for Thursday.
Speaker 2: It's crazy how quickly it hasn't been quick because these guys.
Speaker 3: Have been doing it for three hundred and sixty days and then watching these prospects as juniors and sophomores and freshmen. But now it's coming down to the wire and we're getting really close. But they've got some tough decisions to make, and we have some tough decisions on the docket as well. Brian, you have some would you rather I want to get into this? Yeah, so we have time on for Twitter on the twenty. Would you rather this prospect or that prospect?
Speaker 2: Who you want to start it off with?
Speaker 4: Yeah, let me start it off here by I had all these. You did a great job of getting all these on our phone, and I.
Speaker 2: Was want me to give you the first two.
Speaker 6: Go ahead, give me the first two. Hang on, I get it right here.
Speaker 4: It go it all right, and I'll start with you on this one. Nick, We'd rather have Kate. This is an offensive line compares a couple of tackles.
Speaker 2: Let's do it.
Speaker 4: Caden Wallace from Penn State or Christian Jones tackle from Texas.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I really like this one because both of these guys have a ton of experience at right tackle. I think both of them over forty games. I like Kayden Wallace a little bit more. I have him in the fourth. I think he's a little bit more athletic. I think he's got positional versatility that you can kind of slide him inside if you wanted to with the next level. Whereas Christian Jones, I think he's a true right tackle, and he's more of a you know what you're getting when you get him. I think Wallace there's still something unlocked there. So I'm taking Wallace. But I think Jones could bring a lot of experience to a to an offensive line room for.
Speaker 6: Sure, Robert Cayden Wallace or Christian Jones.
Speaker 9: I mean, I really like Kateen Wallace.
Speaker 10: I think I higher on Kyten Wallace than probably most other people are because I've got Cat and Wallace in the third round.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 10: But to me, like it's not flashy with Caden Wallace. It's not like you see a whole bunch of like wow moments or oh my gosh, he's just mauling this guy, or you know, you have those sorts of moments with him. But he's just he's so clean technically. I think he's Honestly, if you're just talking about next year, who's more pro ready to step in and take nflsuster, Kate and Wallace might be more ready.
Speaker 9: Than Olu Fashnu on the other side.
Speaker 10: Fat Like, to me, I think Katean Wallace is ready to step in and you know, contribute and not get overwhelmed technically, Like there's still some stuff with fashion now that you're working out.
Speaker 9: But I think that.
Speaker 10: Wallace is just he's steady across the board. You don't see him all in. He always competes, he's always generally when he's black. I don't see him ending up on the ground a lot. I don't see him losing very frequently. Christian Jones is a maler like. He plays with a ton of power and it looks really impressive at times. But I just look at him and I think that that's somebody who has sincere athletic limitations and is somebody who I don't think his hands and his feet are always working in harmony the way that I see it more frequently with Kayden Wallace.
Speaker 9: So I take Katan Wallace pretty easily.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Kyle, you got some there.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think when you're looking at Christian Jones specifically, you mentioned the strength. He's got pro ready strength, but his footwork is not there. There's a lot of cleaning up you're going to have to do whenever it comes to his footwork hand play.
Speaker 2: He gets in trouble, but he gets out of it with how strong he is. He reminds me of.
Speaker 3: Some of these unpolished guys that you can maybe develop into a high level depth piece at the offensive line position. He's not going to be ready to start immediately. Going back to exactly what Nick and Bobby just said, I think Wallace could start now. I think he could and maybe not be a high level guy, but like a TJ. Bass and a bron Hoffmin where you can service him into certain starting roles and get some significant stats snaps in a pinch. I think that's where he could work into it, just because I think he is more pro ready and he's cleaner with his footwork across the board.
Speaker 5: Hiisha, Yeah, I would be going with Kayden Wallas in this situation. I mean Nick brought up just the fact that it's the consistency for me is that when you watch the tape, it's not with Christian Jones. There were times like I love how he fires off the ball. I like how he's able to get to the second level. But Bobby made a fantastic point saying that it's not always in harmony and with Kayden Wallace, I think you see them more consistently what they were able to well, yeah, what they were able to do there in Penn State.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I wonder if people really look at Christian Jones maybe as a guard, you know, maybe that you might be a little bit better prospect there with not having to deal with all.
Speaker 6: The stuff on the outside. But I guess, yeah, the feet.
Speaker 4: The thing about it is, I got both of they both a lot of games, you know. I mean, Christian Jones has made forty eight starts for Texas, and that's that's pretty impressive when you start to talk about but you're right, everybody's right here where he will struggles with the athletic opponent. But I had both those guys in the fourth round. That's why I had him right there, just trying to kind of get an idea where you guys stopped Bobby the Kai Wingo defensive tackle Texas A and M Dwayne Carter defensive tackle from.
Speaker 9: Duke McKay Wingo from Yeah.
Speaker 6: But I say, Jackson, I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: I was worried about the thing with the Duke one. Yeah, Wingo LSU, I'm sorry about that Wingo l sh. I'm stingoing Texas aname for some stupid reason. And then uh, and then the Wayne Carter from Duke.
Speaker 10: And I have them, like I mean, I haven't gotten that deep into my entire stack yet to where they would be in there, but on the defensive tackle rankings that I have there right next to each other, and so I think they're very similar I would take. I'm a little hesitant because I think the the the size issues with Wingo do show up at times where where you can see that length gives him a problem, and that's not as much of an issue with Dwayne Carter. They're both similar to me, and that they're both like hot motor guys and big effort guys. To me, I think that Wingo's get off is just a little bit better, like his snap anticipation is a little bit better, and I think he's better at using his hands and getting off of blocks, and so for me, it'd be Wingo. I don't love either one of them outside of like round five, that's where I have both of them. But wing go to me just slightly over Carter.
Speaker 3: I think I'm a little higher on Carter than most people. I have them late third round grade on him.
Speaker 2: I don't know where you guys have him.
Speaker 3: I think he's a top one hundred player or a borderline top one hundred player. I love his play strength, I love his ability to find the football, always looking to force a turnover. He finished Duke, He finished fourth in Duke program history and forced fumbles.
Speaker 2: And we're talking about an interior defensive line.
Speaker 3: When we're not talking about an edge rusher that's coming off the edge and hitting it from behind and getting to the back the blind side of a quarterback. You're talking about a guy that just knows how to get to the football and know how to make a play. He was eleventh in Saxon program history too. He's limited from an athletic standpoint, and I agree with you. I think Wingo has better explosion at the line of scrimmage, but I think everything else, I think Dwayne Carter does better. I have Wingo in the fifth, I have Dwayne Carter in the third, and I think he could be a legitimate player and an anchor moving.
Speaker 8: For Yeah, the jump for me for Carter over Wingo as well is Wingo. I think durability concerns after the injury last year, but also you look at his size as well.
Speaker 7: That was something that Bobby mentioned.
Speaker 8: But I have Dwayne Carter high fourth McKay Wingo probably in that fourth fifth range. I would probably kind of see him as a as a fifth guy. But yeah, Dwayne Carter a ka we z f baby and fourth round pick.
Speaker 12: Please please for me.
Speaker 5: Bobby brought up the fact that the size the difference to me is the motor with both of them is I think that Dwayne Carter has a tiny bit more of a motor in that situation. And as far as the size goes, like, I think it shows up with Wingo when you start seeing him later in games and him rushing just down the middle of guys and so yeah, doing Dwayne Carter would be my pick there. And I'm in the same spot as you. A third is crazy, but you.
Speaker 12: Know what, I'm not.
Speaker 2: He's on my.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I don't hate it either, but I'm not.
Speaker 5: Again, like to your point, people are mixed on Dwayne Carter. You might hear some people say like, yeah, I'm really high on him. But it's also indicative of what this d DT classes as well.
Speaker 3: It is true that it's it's not a very spread out class right Like it's I think it's more so top heavy than anything.
Speaker 2: And you're gonna get some of these guys early.
Speaker 3: Look at McKinley Jackson, I know you Misspokenley said Texas A and M. He may be the third or fourth best nose tackle, true one technique in the entire draft class, and he's probably not going to go until the fourth round. Yeah, Like that's just kind of how this defensive tackle class stacks out.
Speaker 7: A couple of more notes on these guys.
Speaker 8: Dwayne Carter three time captain at Duke, which is a big, big time deal, especially playing for coach Mike Elko. He kind of he brought a high standard back to the Blue Devils, not that they didn't already have it, but he was a big time leader for them off the field in on the field, but also looking at McKay wing go Man that second season that he had at LSU, which I'm sure you could speak to a little bit more, Brian, But if you if you can get that on a consistent basis at the NFL level, you got a value pick there on Day three. I just I don't I don't think that version comes back completely.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: The thing that I worry about with Wingo and Ayisha hit it on the nail and down the head there. If he rushes down the middle, he's dead. He's got to play on the edge. He's got to be on the outside shoulders to take advantage of his quickness. I think there's a little stiffness to his game too, so and the balance might be a little bit off too.
Speaker 6: The hands are really really good, I feel.
Speaker 4: Like, but anything else to strength the power, I think with Carter you got a little bit of a stronger guy and a little bit better motor there. Okay, aisha linebacker Cedric Gray from North Carolina or Tyrone Hopper from linebacker from Missouri.
Speaker 5: If I'm not mistaken, Cedric Gray is a little undersize, yeah right, And if I'm not, I think he's Is he a will?
Speaker 9: He should be a will? Yeah? He should be able?
Speaker 5: Okay, because I have to put that in perspective because that means something to me. I think both of these guys, like I mentioned, both of them have some size differences or whatever the case may be. I would be going with Cedric Gray, linebacker out in North Carolina. And again, I think Tyrone Hopper has a lot of upside. I understand he is smaller and you can see that in the run game at times, but there is some explosiveness there that's intriguing.
Speaker 12: But as far as.
Speaker 5: Cedric Gray goes, I think he just would have a little bit more versatility. If he was able to put on some size, a little bit more size and move around and play every linebacker position.
Speaker 12: I think he can.
Speaker 6: How about you there? This was tough for me.
Speaker 3: I have Cedric Gray above Hopper, but not buy a lot, have one guy sandwich in between those two.
Speaker 2: The reason I have Gray higher is because with Hopper.
Speaker 3: You're missing instincts at times, and you're missing angles, and it almost just looks like he's freelancing at times, and his speed and his physicality can help you get away with it. Whereas Gray, you're missing the physicality, but you have the instincts, and you have the angles, and you have.
Speaker 2: The readability and the vision to be able to get to the ball and make plays.
Speaker 3: I mean, we're watching highlights of them on the video side of things, and it seems like he's one of those guys for that North Carolina defense that's always in the mess. So I think I have Gray higher. Both of them undersized. I think they're both wills. I think they're both legitimate pros. But I would put Gray just a bit higher than Hopper, and not by much.
Speaker 8: I said Gray as a PA announcer is a best friend just because he says his name all the time. He's always in on the action.
Speaker 2: But I tapled number thirty three.
Speaker 7: Exactly exactly funbile recovery right there.
Speaker 8: But I think if you're talking from a Cowboys perspective, I don't think either of these guys really makes sense. I the tyrone Hopper love is interesting because they had a formal with him. He was a he was a thirty visit as well. But how do you how do you justify bringing in a guy that's more more accustomed to playing and coverage when you need a bigger linebacker to come and fill the run. You need guys to come in and fill running lanes, and I just don't think Hopper is is that. I think both of these guys they work better across the middle of the field. And you know, I think Gray does have some knacks and being able to attack the backfield and identify things going on back there, and that's why I kind of give Great the advantage. But I don't think either of these guys really make sense for the Cowboys.
Speaker 5: I have a question about Sedja Gray really quickly, do y'all do y'all not like how he tackles. I think what I mean that was that's been a topic of discussion is just the way that he's not always he's not a he's not a thumper by any means or whatever the case may be. And even when he does wrap up sometimes it's like it's not forceful in a way that you would like to see from the.
Speaker 9: Problem how he finishes or like.
Speaker 12: How he finishes, I would say.
Speaker 10: His form like I mean, the finishing is like a function of I think, like sometimes the lack of play strength, like when you see some count trouble getting.
Speaker 9: Off blocks and stuff like that.
Speaker 10: Okay, the form I had nothing stood out to me as bad form with Cedric Gray. But I mean physicality is definitely like like the strength can you give issues? But you remember, like Brian, that was something that we said consistently. It showed up whenever we talked about Layton van dershw wh who's coming out? Yeah does he come off blocks? Is he physical enough? And he ultimately showed like he could do it and it was something that he was really good at. And so to me, I think Gray is a much better player than Hopper. I think Hopper, like you're you're taking off traits and and you're trying to project out and you're you're grabbing sort of a lottery ticket at linebacker. Cedric Gray, I think could come in and like place snaps. Now at the NFL level, Hopper is going to take some time and there's a lot bigger projection there. So in terms of who I feel safe as a baseline, like who they are as an NFL player at Cedric Gray, and that's not really close for.
Speaker 4: Me, I kind of felt like that Hopper was a little bit better of a cover guy than he was. And I think the biggest difference is what you guys are talking about his ability.
Speaker 6: He doesn't get off.
Speaker 4: The blocks as well as Gray does, and so you know, but he's got kind of a nose for the football Hopper when it comes to getting like knifing through, seeing a gaping knife through and then make a tackle on the on the behind the line of scrimmage, you know, I mean, the energy, the effort.
Speaker 6: I think he's smooth. I think he's fluid. You know.
Speaker 4: That's I mean. I think one's got a little bit more strength than the other. And that's why I have Gray over Hopper myself. But I kind of felt like they were both pretty similar in what maybe that you know, and Dallas look at him the way they have.
Speaker 6: They're hunting linebackers.
Speaker 4: Obviously, So we got to look at all these guys, all right, Nick, how about this one for the last one? DJ James cornerback Auburn or Ronaldo Green cornerback from Florida State.
Speaker 8: Yeah, both of these guys more on the narrow side, and when you look at their athletic trades, they're pretty similar. I thought, of all four of these, would you rather than? When I was going through them last night? This is probably the most fun when I had going through it. But I'm gonna I'm gonna take the edge with Ronaldo Green. When you see him up against elite competition versus DJ DJ James up against elite competition, there's a little bit of a there's a little bit of a gap there. Go back and watch that first game of the season against Brian Thomas Unior and Elite Neighbors and Ronaldo Green he's getting up on him on the line, He's throwing his hands around here, here's a play he has right here on I believe that's Lake Neighbors. But I think I think with with Ronaldo Green. You get a guy that can be a press man corner, you get a guy that can step back and play safety. I think he's one of the more fun corner or just defensive backs in this entire draft. I'm a big Ronaldo Green guy, one of my pet cats in this draft.
Speaker 7: So I'm taking him.
Speaker 9: Oh man, Yeah, I mean Green.
Speaker 10: And I said it last night in the text, like Green and James, like they are tags touching for me, like in my stack there next to each other, and I've.
Speaker 9: Got Green just a little bit ahead.
Speaker 10: And it's mainly to me because like I think you're talking about the size limitations, the kind of like slender Bill. Definitely I think shows up more with James on tape than it does with Green, where I think that James shows he has some trouble with some you know, bigger body receivers at times. I also think that it definitely shows up and runs support more.
Speaker 9: Not that Ronardo.
Speaker 10: Green's like, you know, a great run of hitter, but he's absolutely active and willing to get in there, whereas I feel like with James at times, like it's just he he is gonna be you know, people are gonna look to run to his side and it's gonna be a problem. But for me, I think that Green and James they're both as cover guys. I think both very similar in the way that they are in terms of with their clean footwork, the way that they really at times almost look like they're running the route for the receiver, really good at mirroring, don't get thrown off very much by you know, exotic releases and stuff like that.
Speaker 9: So I like both of them. I've got both of them firmly in the second round.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I think you got a Ronaldo Green is a great value Kanyon Mitchell, whereas DJ James is like a great value Nate Wiggins. Because you look at that one hundred and seventy three one hundred and seventy five pound build that James and Wiggins have. You attacked them in the run game, you attacked them with bigger weapons. But you look at Green and you maybe think twice about that.
Speaker 3: I think whenever you look at Green too, one thing that separates him over James for me is the ball skills. I don't think James has the ability to play it high at the catch point if you need to. But whenever it comes to ball skills, Green was far and away a better player whenever it came to attacking the football.
Speaker 2: Add that to the physicality and the willingness to stop the run. That's why I have him just a tight, tiny bit ahead.
Speaker 5: Oddly enough, I had I thought that DJ James and times, even though just a little bit more than Rinaldo Green was willing to come in and help out in the run game.
Speaker 12: Both of these guys very scrappy.
Speaker 5: One thing about Ronaldo Green you brought it up, yo, the way he's he jams and he likes to get his hands on people at the line of scrimmage.
Speaker 12: He's just not afraid.
Speaker 5: And I do think that that there's a lot of value to that in this league. Is a guy that you see can play press man at a consistent rate, especially with all the things that are being done to get these receivers open. He's gonna reroute guys. He's gonna get in their face. I I think Rinardo Green is a is going to be a hell of a player. So yeah, I would definitely go with him in that scenario. But DJ James isn't to me, and to your point, he's not that far behind, and he is better impressed that I than I think he is in zone.
Speaker 4: Why did I think that Green was fifty fifty on getting penalties?
Speaker 7: Yeah, you're gonna get penalties he scrapped.
Speaker 4: There are going to be games where it's gonna like, if he's on your team, you're like, boy, he got away with one there.
Speaker 6: Oh wait, they got him on that one. There.
Speaker 4: You guys have more controlled Yeah, there's there's there's there's some.
Speaker 6: He's a screen's a smart player.
Speaker 4: He does how to use the sideline and push guys out of balance and do stuff like that.
Speaker 6: But his toughness is impressive.
Speaker 4: The thing, the only question I had about him was the fifty to fifties that there's going to be fifty percent of time where you're gonna be so happy he's on your team, and there's to be fifty percent of time where you were pissed off at him because he got a holding call on third down that didn't get you off the field.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 6: He is good players though both of them are really good.
Speaker 3: Play those are fun for that good scenarios. None of those were I think one or the other. They're all very tightly contested prospects. I will say side note, as we're showing some of the highlights for Green Here. Favorite uniforms in the entire draft process for me were the Florida States with the white helmets with the College against BC.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh my gosh, those were sweet.
Speaker 9: All right.
Speaker 3: When we come back, we've got some Twitter on the twenty We've got your questions asking for the NFL Draft nine days away.
Speaker 2: When we come back with more of the draft show after this.
Speaker 13: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 2: As they snapped the fresh guy who looks right, it's not there.
Speaker 9: He escapes left.
Speaker 2: He'll look for a punch down. Just like football.
Speaker 13: When it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 4: Prescott's gonna rub this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 13: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 6: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 13: Get started at blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 14: I'm Darren with former Dallas Cowboy player and Super Bowl champion. When I played in the NFL at a high level. I relied on my vision to see the field. As I started getting older, I noticed my vision wasn't as good and I was getting frustrated from wearing my glasses all day. I went to Lasercare Eye Center and Doctor G talked about all the options. Thanks to technology and Lasercare Eye Center, I can see near far in between. Don't fumble your vision any longer. Visit them at dfwis dot com and tell them Darren sent you.
Speaker 2: They got me back on my game in.
Speaker 15: A stressful world. Provides balance and calm amidst the chaos by creating sanctuaries that move you through the world with ease. Our vehicles make your time richer and more uplifting with human centric design, intelligent technology, and powerful performance. As the official luxury vehicle of the Dallas Cowboys, driving a Lincoln is just another way to show your team pride. Experience our full lineup of luxury vehicles, including the Corsair Aviator, Navigator and Nautilists at Lincoln dot com.
Speaker 11: Hi, I'm Danny mccraig, Dallas Cowboys alumni player here with Smoothie King, and Smoothie King wants to ask you what's that sound. That's the sound of us magically transforming our Smoothi bowls into two new decadent flavors. Dig into a cool Issae or Ptaya bowl, handcrafted with crunchy purely Elizabeth Vernola fresh strawberries and finished with the velvety chocolate hazel nut drizzlers. Perfect for breakfast, lunch, or anytime you want to munch. And that's the sound of you making them disappear. Smoothie bowls now in two new decadent flavors only as Smoothie King. The official Smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys is.
Speaker 2: The Dallas Cowboys dot Com Draft Show.
Speaker 3: Draft Show presented by Miller Light Taste, you can depend on the eleventh Annel Reliant Home Run Derby is back at Riders Field and Frisco May first, at six pm. Come see your favorite Dallas Cowboys players swing for the Fences to raise money for the Salvation Army. Ad Mission and parking are free. Visit Dallas Cowboys dot com slash Reliant HRD to learn more.
Speaker 2: We will see you there.
Speaker 3: My wife and I are actually am seeing that event, so that's gonna be a whole lot of fun. Yeah, we got the triplet mom out there having some fun and then we've I'll be hitting for Speedway Children's Charities in the media home run Derby fourhand.
Speaker 2: So that'll be fun.
Speaker 12: I forgot you know how to do that.
Speaker 2: Every once in a while. All Right, you know what else I know how to do.
Speaker 3: I know how to lead Jazmin Marshall in the back, who's been doing a great job with a b roll to hit the sounder.
Speaker 2: For some twitter on the Big Time Jazz Big Time. First one is from Gino.
Speaker 3: He says, what concern if any of the Cowboys have that the offensive tackles that they're targeting at twenty four could have just one combined start at.
Speaker 2: Left tackle, and the outlines it for you.
Speaker 3: Jc Latham zero left tackle, starts twenty seven at right Tali yes Fuaga zero at left tackle, twenty five at right tackle, Amarius Mems zero at left tackle, eight at right tackle, and then Tyler Gotten one left tackle, start thirteen at right tackle.
Speaker 6: Draft center at twenty four.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's certainly a concern. It's certainly concerned.
Speaker 8: I think that's something you think about whenever you look at this tackle class, because early in the draft cycle we're talking about how deep it is and how there's going to be eight to nine going the first round. But do you feel comfortable moving any of those guys to the left side from day one? And that being the expectation if you haven't seen it, and I think it's tough to project if you haven't seen it in person. For me, I feel like if the talent is there and the athleticism is there, then there is there is a lot of room to be able to move a guy to the left side. So when you look at that, you look at Fuaga, I don't think he's going to be a guy that is even there at fifteen, much less twenty four. You look at a guy like Tyler Geiton, maybe that could move over to left side, and you have a little bit of comfortability there. But I think that's more so where you look at that trade back scenario and you just grab a guy maybe later on that you know can be a true left tackle or and if you don't feel comfortable with that, you still have Tyler Smith in the building. And that is coming from team left guard Tyler Smith.
Speaker 5: So yeah, that's my thing about it, is are any of these guys better than Tyler Smith?
Speaker 12: Right now? At Tech.
Speaker 8: I don't think you necessarily need that. Though you don't need someone to be better than Tyler Smith. You need someone to be better in the long term than what Tyler Smith would bring you.
Speaker 7: I think you want to put him at left guard. That is the desire.
Speaker 5: I get that, But you got coaches that the Emoji's coaches on a one year deal situation right now, and I think that that plays into the chances they're willing to take or you know, because you said this is more of like a what are they going to become whatever the case may be, now you know what Tyler is right now. So I think that conversation comes into play as well. That's why we had the conversation about maybe they take a guard instead. Yeah, which is crazy to think, but maybe they do instead if they think that Tyler's ready to take on that left tackle role.
Speaker 10: So I think I think an order of belief, like what they think is realistic, like if you're to ask me, or if you'd ask them, I think like if you were to take Tyler Smith at left tackle, TJ. Bassett left guard, brock Hoffman at center, where do they have the most uneasiness? I think they would feel the most uneasy about the center going into next year with me, and I think if you play Tyler Smith at left guard, you're either banking on somebody playing left tackle for you on your roster currently. If you end up drafting the center, you're banking on somebody playing left tack for you currently. That probably is not considered an NFL starter right now.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 10: And then if you're drafting somebody, like the question asked, you are at like very there's a very big likelihood that you're asking somebody to flip sides and play apletely different position, and it like, I mean, it's that's not an easy flip for a lot of guys.
Speaker 9: Is that footwork?
Speaker 10: And so that's why to me, yeah, there is some some uneasiness about the idea of Hey, you're projecting a lot here, Like even some of the centers we're talking about, we're projecting. We're projecting that the Jackson powers Johnson medicals will be Okay, you're projecting that Graham Barton is going to be able to pick up center, a position that he hasn't played, you know, four years or whatever.
Speaker 14: It is.
Speaker 10: So to me, I think that you're you're trying to minimize as much risk as possible, and so that is one of the reasons why I think that that that's definitely deserves weight. Also think it's one of the reasons why we're talking about Kingsley Suamatia in the course of all the suits, because that's something who you've seen play both sides and do it effectively. And so for me, it is a question, it is a concern, and I think that if you end up drafting mems Guidon whoever else, it'll be a talking point that we have is that, hey, how is this transition going, how's this flip going? Or You're going to find that very famously within this own building in the last four years, it was said Terrence Steel play left is not the same player as he is when he's playing right tackle. It's just it's not been the same thing. So it's a projection for sure. But I mean that's why you have this scouting staff here that you do, and while you get the input from coaches like Mike Solari.
Speaker 8: We're nine days out and I've had a few different gut feelings as this drive process has gone on, but Kingsley Sumasi is my gut feeling right now.
Speaker 2: I think I think I'm dire with you.
Speaker 6: I totally agree. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I actually sent an email yesterday that said, gut feeling before I take my leave to Nick, to Nick Eatman that said, who the pick is going to be? If I had to choose right now as we stand, I think he's going to But you guys are.
Speaker 6: Calling that on the trade back. You're calling it at trade four.
Speaker 2: I'm thinking it's a trade back that thirty. Now we've seen this before, though.
Speaker 3: Tyler Smith was in early second round grade I think on most of our boards, or maybe even a third on some people's roads, and he was taking it pick twenty four I mean or twenty three at that year, but twenty four?
Speaker 9: Was it twenty four?
Speaker 2: So yeah, twenty four.
Speaker 3: So there, we've seen it before where they've taken guys because they know they're not going to get to the second round selection, they know they're not going to make it that far. Could he necessarily be that it's yet to be seen because we got to see how the board lies first. But does it play a factor in a scouting department like that? Brian, when you're watching the film and you're saying it's all projection on a lot of these guys.
Speaker 4: That's what you're trying to trying to figure out. The biggest question I want to ask this group is that if they can't trade back, are we comfortable taking the BYU tackle? If if one of these sinners is on the board, you're talking JPJ or Graham Barton, Yeah, I'm taking grand bart I would take Okay, Barton's gone. Okay, it's it's Powers Johnson or or b Yu tackle in the first at twenty four.
Speaker 2: You and you can't trade back.
Speaker 4: You can't trade back like you. Everybody here wants to try and trade back. And those phones, okay, everybody's calling, say the Buffalo's calling San Francisco, but they're not giving you value for your pick.
Speaker 6: Are you and you're gonna sit there and you're gonna.
Speaker 4: Have to make a pick? Are you going to take that BYU tackle? Are you going to take that center?
Speaker 3: I think I'd be okay with it. I think I can live with it with taking Kingsley Suamantaiya. I think the reason being is your addressing and need and I don't want to window dress my board at all, right, you don't want to, but you're in a pigeonholed situation at where you stand offensive line wise, where you need two guys that are NFL ready right now to come in and play, whether that's brock Hoffman and TJ. Bass on the interior, Tyler Smith at left tackle, you got to figure it out.
Speaker 2: You've got guys that are here. I think Suemantaia is a high floor guy. I know Brian loves that term. I think he's a high floor guy to where.
Speaker 3: He can come in and be a significant contributor right now, and I think I'm okay with it.
Speaker 5: I have a question for you guys, have so at your first memory, who's a player that's flip.
Speaker 12: Sides and been good as of late?
Speaker 4: Well, Tyron Smith started off as a right tackle at USC and then moved to left tackle.
Speaker 2: It's probably the best indication, the best.
Speaker 5: One that you guys can think of, anybody as of late that you can think of that did that. I just think it's so much harder to do and right now, like I mean, so much harder to do.
Speaker 12: To flip sides. I think it's hard to flip side. I think it's hard to flip sides in general.
Speaker 5: But I do think with the way that offices are run now, and how spread it is and how things like that. I just don't think. I think it's more difficult because pass pro.
Speaker 12: I mean, I'm not saying that teams don't run the ball.
Speaker 5: I'm just saying that pass pro is just like what I look at a whole bunch because most teams are trying to pass the ball.
Speaker 12: So I don't know.
Speaker 4: I just think that will be I think things will be helpful though, with having Tyler Smith inside. I think there's some things that if that if in fact that you have to flip a guy over, you know that maybe that having that that comfort of knowing that Tyler Smith can play inside and help you if you mess up too much and a.
Speaker 7: Couple of times.
Speaker 9: Yeah it's Miami.
Speaker 6: But see that's the problem that I have. I don't know.
Speaker 4: I wish I knew that that Awsome Richards could play left tackle. I wish I knew that because it would make my decision. But I I'm sorry, I'm gonna die on the hill of going to get in the center. I'm just gonna die on that hill, you know.
Speaker 8: Talking about JPJ or King, Yes, I think I go JPJ as well. I think if JPJ is off the board though, and you have to pick there at twenty four, I'm going Kingsley.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if if your sinners are all gone, I mean with the exception, I mean Fraser might be there and stuff like that, but you might have to be in a situation where you might you might have to pick a tackle in a center on back to back picks. We keep talking and we keep earmarking that fifty six for a for a running back or a linebacker. Heck, it might have to be a center.
Speaker 10: Yeah, just really quickly because the name that's popped in my head Horse. And when we talk about flipping sides and who's done that transition, Kingsley. Suamati's cousin did it because is still left tackle at Oregon and he flipped.
Speaker 9: The right and he's one of the best, right, thank you.
Speaker 10: Yeah, And so I mean that's got somebody here, yeah, And I mean when the fan And obviously flipping sides I think is different than pushing inside or bouncing outside for a lot of guys because the footwork's kind of reversed. But I mean we see guys make those moves pretty consistently.
Speaker 3: I want to try and sneak in a separate question, I had three different questions here around taking a twenty twenty five draft pick third or a fourth round pick and packaging it with the second round pick to move up into the top forty to go get you a center or a guard if possible. Would you be interested in doing something like that? You're wagering future draft capital in order to make the move up, But is it enough to go and get you a center. If let's say you go off into tackle in the first round, you take a Suat Mateo, or you take a JC Latham or whoever it ends up being a twenty four, would you be okay wagering a third and a fourth or a fourth in next year's draft to go up and get a center if you could.
Speaker 4: Let I'm gonna I'm gonna flip the tables on you here if you let me do that, If you let me move one of next year's pick in that flat gets anywhere near fifteen, I'm going.
Speaker 8: That's just so that on the last show, would you take a first or a second to do that?
Speaker 11: Well?
Speaker 4: Depend depend I mean maybe you could get it, do it for a third, you know, and next year's you could do it for next year's three is what you could do with what I mean, I could do the numbers. I mean, I'll pull the numbers up. But if you're gonna give me the option to trade up, I'll go get the best tackle. I'll go get who I think is the best tackle for me.
Speaker 8: If i'm if I'm in the war room and I believe that Fuaga can be the left tackle of the future. And like I said, if he get like you said, if he gets there at fifteen, then I yeah, I'm getting on the phone.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to package it would take it would take a future two to get up to fifteen.
Speaker 8: That'd be tough. But it depends how coffee you feel about Fouwaga. I feel pretty confident about fl Wogga. I'd stand on the table for that. But I would also understand not wanting to.
Speaker 7: I think with.
Speaker 8: Expecting to get a lot of comp picks next year, you're expecting probably to have a top twenty pick next year as well.
Speaker 7: I think you make that gamble.
Speaker 4: See to me it the one player that I would go up for I think is him.
Speaker 6: I think in my book.
Speaker 4: Now maybe they won't, but they're acting like they know something that we don't know. You know, with all the visits and stuff like that, all the work, all the leg work they've done on him, that seems like a trade up candidate for this football team. So I wonder if he got to a certain level, he gets past somebody, everybody kind of had him at the Jets ten ten, say he somehow gets to sixteen seventeen someplace like in that thing, I think I'm getting on the phone and I think I'm giving up my two next year to do it, or to try and do it.
Speaker 8: I think what's tough with that too, is that you look at that sixteen seventeen eighteen range. You got a lot of teams that are hunting for an offensive tackle as well. In Seattle, Cincinnati, Rams, Pittsburgh. I mean, all those teams right in there. You can make the case that they could go ahead and go grab a tackle. So you might even have to overpay and you might have to do that second.
Speaker 3: Just based off of that. I think you're gonna have to do a second regardless.
Speaker 2: But if he does fall to like.
Speaker 3: Eighteen or nineteen, somehow he doesn't get through that that run, which I just I don't see it happening, you could get up to eighteen with a future third just based off of the value of their pick, and you get the package a third.
Speaker 2: Since I'm saying, but it would take a lot for him to fall.
Speaker 4: You know what, I hate to be this guy, but you know your quarterback's not signed. There's your there's your story three right there. You know, if you think about it, I mean, if he goes off and does something else, I don't want to be wet blanket guy, but there's your three. But to me, he's the one guy that I would trade up for and I and I don't think I would trade up in the second round for a center, but if I could go and get the best, So I think on my board, and maybe they're board too. Maybe they feel like with all the work that they're doing on this guy, it could be worth it to them. It could be worth it to say we'll move the three and let's go, let's do this and then and then and then work around the second round. Try and find the thing I'm trying to do. And I'm not trying to slam the guy. I'm trying to upgrade from beaddish okay, And maybe I don't know how you guys feel. But the further down I get that board, I'm feeling like I'm getting bey oddish, you know with that.
Speaker 2: I agree with you.
Speaker 6: When I start to look at you know, Limmer and our.
Speaker 4: Pinchta, I mean maybe yeah and maybe a little bit maybe a little bit better. But I'm feeling like if if, if it's not one of the top three guys, now I'm down in the down in the that other area. I feel like I'm kind of got the same center that I just gave up on.
Speaker 8: I think you've got a wider frame and a little bit more physical trades with Hunter norse Ad. Again, I'm a norse Ad guy. Sure, that's that's a guy I standing on the table for. But I understand where you're coming from because I've thought about that same exact thing too, Because going into the off season all year talking about improving the run and stopping the run, right, and it's always been well, it's not necessarily a running back conversation, so it's a center conversation, right, And if you're going to improve that center, and that's one of your two biggest needs going into the off season, then yeah, how much of an upgrade do you see fit there? And I don't know, even as highly as I think of Hunter nors Ad, I don't know how much of an upgrade you would get in year one off of Tyler Baddish, if any.
Speaker 7: So it's a valid point.
Speaker 4: But it also lends to the argument of going up and trying to get I think you're trying to move up and around to get potentially Fraser is.
Speaker 6: Probably looking at that.
Speaker 4: That's probably if you're trying to go up in the forties, you're probably looking at going to get Fraser is what you're trying to look at.
Speaker 8: IPJ could probably slide into that range, and that's when you probably start getting on the phone like, hey, okay, Because there have been some mocks since the medicals have come out, since his draft visits have kind of gone on, that have seen him slide into those forties and even early fifties.
Speaker 7: I've seen him going there.
Speaker 3: There's a couple questions about JPJ specifically, Yeah, if he falls to fifty six, I know all of us here are JPJ fans, but knowing the medicals, knowing the background, and knowing what the possibilities are there, if he falls all the way to you in the second round, are you hesitating to.
Speaker 2: Turn in the card or are you running up there?
Speaker 6: Could you have more of a problem with it him?
Speaker 2: Or sweat a sweat because of the red flags? Yeah, sweat, sweat probably for sure.
Speaker 11: Sweat.
Speaker 6: Man. You guys don't have a one technique.
Speaker 2: We don't have a center either. Yeah.
Speaker 6: No, no, no, no, you're right about that.
Speaker 9: You should have a one technique.
Speaker 4: Well, Mazzie will see what. Okay, I'm sorry, my apologies. You have a one technique.
Speaker 6: We'll see what happens with the one techniqueah.
Speaker 10: Because to me, like you can you can help, Like I mean, that's like this same conversation we had a couples ago. To me, like you have to if you picked a guy in the first round twelve months ago and said that's our one technique and we're gonna pick him over a premium position an offensive line with limited CAPITALI fine, you want to trade back, you want to pick up some extra capital and use it, that's fine. But to me, it's like they're they're legitimate, like empty spots on this team right now that that you need to fill with players. And to me, it's like that's we're talking luxury at that point. If you're talking to me about drafting defensive tackles instead of saying, hey, os has been really good at the three technique, Mazzi, we've evaluate him is like this, when you trust the evaluation, when you trust the coaches are going to get that out of him.
Speaker 2: And Osa is going into his final year of his contract too, though, just.
Speaker 6: Fire and Murphy does Fire and Murphy not do anything for you? If he got to twenty four.
Speaker 8: Oh man, that would be interesting, It really would. He's a three tech. You'd have to figure out how to get him on the field.
Speaker 12: He's a here native good player.
Speaker 9: He doesn't like it feels like an inefficient use of resources.
Speaker 7: I agree. I agree.
Speaker 3: Uh, Bobby's a couple of these. I'm trying to do, like multiple questions, Bob. Right now, Joe, Joe asked this question.
Speaker 2: I want you to start first, who is.
Speaker 3: The one guy anywhere in the draft, anywhere, regardless of position, regardless of anything, that you would jump out of your seat with excitement the fact that the Cowboys drafting who would be no matter what, who would be your favorite pick?
Speaker 14: Hmm.
Speaker 5: Right now, I'm trying to think it doesn't matter who like, it doesn't matter where.
Speaker 2: It doesn't matter where, it doesn't matter who best fit overall.
Speaker 5: I don't know. I almost want to say that it's a it's a safety that I really like. Later on my bad, Yeah, I think it's a safety that I liked later on that I was like, heck, yeah, oh, actually no, I think I mentioned him the other day Keith Rant Rudolph DT from Illinois.
Speaker 12: I feel like, if you.
Speaker 5: Got Bobby just mentioned, don't pick nobody up early. But even though he is a three tech slash five tech, I think he could come in and help out really well. I'm very I'm a lot more high on him than I think a lot of people are. But yeah, I think if you even got him in the later rounds that he could come in and contribute for your defensive line right away. He's one of my He's one of my favorite watches from the interior position. It's been This class is not I don't know, it's just it's not as interesting to me as last year's class as far as DT goes. How did you guys feel about it the DT class overall?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 7: I agree.
Speaker 8: I was actually going through the pick fits article yesterday for if it's tackles and trying to find where one text could fit in or where you would maybe bank on traits a little bit, like you could go bank on Evan Anderson late in day three. That's a three hundred and fifty three hundred and sixty pound guy you could bring in and have a big body. Actually put Keith Randolph in the in the sixth round in that one as the sixth round potential pickfit. But there's not many one text you're not going to find many. I think you could find a couple in the undrafted pool and you just kind of hope a big body is more athletic than you believe whenever he gets in the building.
Speaker 5: But yeah, and then for can we put a star by Eric All the tight end?
Speaker 14: Yeah?
Speaker 12: Yeah, I don't care, y'all.
Speaker 5: I understand he had a lot going on, But getting him in the later rounds I feel like could be valuable depending on what they think about John Stevens in his rehab right now, because.
Speaker 12: There's a lot of similarities in the player.
Speaker 3: To me, what about you guys, what about jumping out of your seat with excitement?
Speaker 10: I mean if Troy Fatan who got down to them somehow at twenty four, I'd lose my mind, that's pretty exciting. Outside of that, I mean, if there was a way for them to get Jayden Hicks here, like, I'd absolutely love that.
Speaker 9: I really like.
Speaker 10: To me, I think that there is not enough of an emphasis on what they need in terms of diagnosing, reading and reacting, covered responsibilities and everything else at the safety position. And to me, Jayden Hicks just fits a ton of it. And he is built like a classic safety like like you see a lot of these safeties come in here where we talk about Bullard or other guys, so it's like, man, they're thin or they don't check this box. Like to me, Hicks is just like almost borders on like prototype of safety build and I think he just he checks so many boxes for me, I would I'd love it if you could find a way to get him here.
Speaker 8: I'll give you one for each day of the draft. Oh wow, one of fuaga if that's if that's a guy that's slipping and you jump up and grab him, man, I'd throw a party out on the lawn over there.
Speaker 2: Would you run the star and back?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 8: On day two Jonathan Brooks, I mean, I just think that's such a good fit for for what's going on in this building and what he could potentially.
Speaker 3: You're both not alone and completely alone in that at the same time. Yeah, I feel like if there's not a singular pick that would split this fan base, oh yeah, for sure. Then if Jonathan Brooks was the second round pick, it makes a ton of sense and I think it'd be a hell of a lot of fun. But there's it's going to be fifty to fifty on people that are saying it's too I for a running back, and then people that are going to be excited that he's the pick.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and then day three, I'm gonna give you another running back and it's Isaiah Davis of South the Coast of.
Speaker 7: I just continue. I'm going to continue to hammer that name through.
Speaker 2: But like it, Brian, What.
Speaker 4: Do you think, man, You let me have Ricky Piersoll from Florida, Oh, I'd be really happy about that. If you let me have Wallace the linebacker from Kentucky, I might be on the island.
Speaker 6: On that one.
Speaker 9: But I'm with you.
Speaker 6: That's your value, that's my that's my guy.
Speaker 4: If you just gave me, if if you gave me a shot at those two guys, if somehow they handed in that card and it said, you know, uh, was it Tavian What you say, t Walla, Travan Walla, Trevin Wallace, Trevin Wallace from Kentucky.
Speaker 8: Do you reach and take him at eighty seven knowing that you don't pay until one seventy four?
Speaker 6: He's the fifty seventh best player on my board? Okay?
Speaker 8: Then yeah, yeah, all right, that's not a reach. That's not a reach at all for you. I have a third on him, but a lot of the value has seen him go early to mid fourth. But knowing that you don't have the fourth, you just go ahead and grab him there in the third.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think you do.
Speaker 10: I have been rid with Kentucky linebackers because he loved Jaymin Davis.
Speaker 4: I love Jamie Davis, Yes I do. But like you said, Ricky Pearsaw would be fun to have in this offense. I think Dak would love to throwing the ball to him.
Speaker 3: I think yeah, alrighty, that's enough for Twitter on the twenty great questions, phenomenal questions.
Speaker 2: All right, when we come back, we've.
Speaker 3: Got some over under, We've got some odds on where certain draft picks could go in the NFL Draft. We'll see if our analysts think it's right or wrong when we come back with more of the Draft Show presented by Miller Life.
Speaker 16: All Right, Drew Pearson, former Dallas Cowboy and now Pro Football Hall of Famer. Here, if you're struggling with your vision and tired of those contacts and glasses, don't throw aheall Mary, go where I went. Lasercare Eye Center, the official laser partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 11: Drew, thank you so much for trusting us with your vision correction procedure.
Speaker 10: At Lasercare I Center, we offer six different vision correction procedures to help patient see.
Speaker 16: Check them out at dfwis dot com. Tell them Drew sent you hood Hout.
Speaker 15: In a stressful world, Lincoln provides balance and calm amidst the chaos by creating sanctuaries that move you through the world with ease. Our vehicles make your time richer and more uplifting with human centric design, intelligent technology, and powerful performance. As the official luxury vehicle of the Dallas Cowboys, driving a Lincoln is just another way to show your team pride. Experience our full lineup of luxury vehicles, including the Corsair Aviator navigator and natilists at Lincoln dot Com.
Speaker 13: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, and they.
Speaker 2: Snapper the press guy who looks right, it's not there. He escaped flippt he'll look full firstyn.
Speaker 13: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With Blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency runs.
Speaker 2: Scot's gonna run this ship. Shelf run it up the middle and he scores.
Speaker 13: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 6: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 13: Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 11: Hi, I'm Danny McCrae, Dallas Cowboys alumni player here with Smoothie King, and Smoothie King wants to ask you, what's that sound. That's the sound of us magically transforming our smoothie bowls into two new, decadent flavors. Dig into a cool Issai or pataya bowl handcrafted with crunchy purely Elizabeth Rinola fresh strawberries and finished with the velvety chocolate hazel nut drizzle, perfect for breakfast, lunch, or anytime you want to munch. And that's the sound of you making them disappear. Smoothie bowls now in two new decadent flavors, only at Smoothie King. The official Smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 1: Is the Dallascowboys dot Com Draft Show.
Speaker 2: Back You're on the show, presented by Miller Lite Taste you could depend on. This segment has.
Speaker 3: Brought to you by your Texas Ford Dealers. Ford is the best in Texas. Back with Aisha Morrison. Brian brought us Nick Harris, Bobby Belt, Jasmine Marshall in the back of Kyle Yewmans. Quick shout out to Colonel Cowboy. He stopped buys. Big fan of the show wrote us a note and gave us these ally Joint Force Command coins.
Speaker 2: How cool are these? From Naples, Italy?
Speaker 9: Very cool?
Speaker 3: He gave us a note. He said, we love your show. Thanks for investigating and educating and making the postseason more the off season more interesting.
Speaker 2: For the Dallas Cowboys. Go Cowboys is what he said. So very cool.
Speaker 3: Appreciate you very much, colonel, and thank you for your service as well as we continue on here on the Draft Show.
Speaker 2: Have some over unders.
Speaker 3: Nick, you sent this in our group message, and it's super interesting just to see the way that the country thinks these guys are gonna fall, and I want to see if we agree or disagree.
Speaker 2: Was some of these names.
Speaker 3: I'll start with with JJ McCarthy from Michigan quarterback over under.
Speaker 2: Five and a half. What do you think on that one? Nick, Harris will let you start since you sent it.
Speaker 8: Yeah, so the these auds are coming from Circus Sports. It was just kind of something that was thrown in one of my many NFL Draft group chats yesterday and it kicked up a lot of draft conversations. So I figured we'd throw around five here. JJ McCarthy over under five and a half. I think I think I don't know who's who it's going to be. I think it could be literally anybody.
Speaker 7: You could tell me.
Speaker 8: You could tell me any team that trades up into the top five, the Dallas grab no to go grab a JJ McCarthy is thirty one teams, Yeah, thirty one teams to go up and grab JJ McCarthy.
Speaker 7: Not think it happens.
Speaker 8: I think it's a matter of who, not a matter of when I'm taking under on JJ McCarthy, which is wild because I'm man. Going into the draft process, we were like, is he a can he? Is he a second round guy? And now he's a top five guy hammer across the boards.
Speaker 2: I still think he's this second round Yeah, I.
Speaker 8: Think so too over circumstantial and you think he goes over. I don't think he goes over. I think he goes under. I think a team is gonna get aggressive and go up and grab him.
Speaker 2: I hate that for them. He may turn out. He may turn out, but I'm not a JJ McCarthy guy.
Speaker 9: I like McCarthy.
Speaker 10: I wouldn't like I don't have him in the first round, but I do like JJ McCarthy. I think, like when you talk about he wasn't asked to do a lot of it. But I think when you talk about like NFL throws, like you talk about the stuff that you're supposed to throw along the route tree and stuff in the middle of the field and everything like that, I think you see a lot of them on his tape more consistently to me than you know, jayde and Daniels Brian, I see it more consistent than over there, like I'm trying to no under because I don't think I don't think any like four or five is where I think he's going.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I don't see him getting past five.
Speaker 4: Okay, you've got all those teams right there, right, Commanders, Patriots.
Speaker 6: You guys taking a trade in there somewhere.
Speaker 9: Arizona Church goes up to five.
Speaker 6: I think that's where it's gonna happen.
Speaker 8: Does Minnesota jump up? Does Vegas jump up? Do the Giants jump up? They been talking to McCarthy quite a bit. There's a lot of conversation to be had there.
Speaker 4: Out of Arizona, the Chargers, Who do you think would trade? Most likely to trade Chargers?
Speaker 2: I was thinking Arizona.
Speaker 8: I was thinking the Chargers because they can. They can slide back six spots and still get their guy.
Speaker 12: Arizona has been vocal about the fact that.
Speaker 4: They Arizona was super aggressive last year. We're dealing with Houston. Yeah, I think they're I think their GM is kind of a wheeler dealer guy. If I think if the pick's gonna move, I think the fourth pick's gonna move.
Speaker 2: I think so too.
Speaker 7: You move off, Marvin Harrison J. Would you move off Marvin Harrison Junior.
Speaker 8: For I'm not saying a quarterback just just to just to have a team have their quarterback in the future.
Speaker 4: You know what, because I need weapons. But I'll tell you what You've guys convinced me. This draft's pretty deep in wide receivers.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 4: I mean, now, maybe Marvin Harrison is a generational talent. I do have an LSU guy ahead of him, But uh, I think there are a number of wide receivers you could pick up. Man, you give me, give me a lot of picks in this draft. I think I could do. Okay, Arizona I think is the team that's probably gonna move if I had to guess right next one.
Speaker 6: So that'd be that would make him an under.
Speaker 7: The five would still be under as well.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, yeah, Xavier Worthy, Texas wide receiver over under of twenty eight and.
Speaker 2: A half Aisha. You had the reaction there, you think he goes over under.
Speaker 12: I think he goes under. Unfortunately, this is just the nature of the beast.
Speaker 5: When when guys can run really fast at the combine, it is it grabs people's attention. Speed prevails. I mean it shows up on his tape as well. But I mean, he's what my third, he's my fourth receiver?
Speaker 2: Yeah, what do you think, Brian.
Speaker 4: Man, That's a hard one for me. But because you're going under on that one, yeah, I.
Speaker 5: Mean, am I understanding this conceptually? I don't listen, I.
Speaker 4: Don't do No, no, you're fine. No no, no, no, no, you're fine. I'm going to go I'm going to go over on that. I'm going to go over. I I just think there's other there's other wide receivers. The speed is great, the size isn't. And that's the deal. When we start to mean, I know, personally, give me guys like you know Corley. I mean, I'm the guy, give me the route runners, the guys that get open.
Speaker 6: I know that worthy.
Speaker 4: I mean, he's Blazer, but he is so slightly built. I have as my fifty first best player. So I'm going I'm going over. I'm going over on that.
Speaker 8: I think he might end up in that thirty to thirty two range. That's probably where I go over. But I would not be surprised if he's taken under, would not at all.
Speaker 10: Yeah, people gamble on rare speed, so like I would understand if somebody did. But I there's too many good receivers. I think Over, I don't even remember anybody putting John Ross in the top ten the day of the draft when you were there.
Speaker 6: Yeah the guy could fly right, Yeah, small guy.
Speaker 9: Wasn't broken yet.
Speaker 12: Yeah, somebody's foot was broken.
Speaker 9: John Ross is always hurt all the time.
Speaker 12: The things I didn't know before I started, What what.
Speaker 3: About oulu Fashanu, Bobby, I'll start with you on this one fourteen and.
Speaker 2: A half take over.
Speaker 10: I still I know there's a lot of buzz about him, So I still think Under like I mean, you're just the traits are incredible, and I think that it's very easy to project him out as like a future stud left tackle, and it's very rare that you let somebody like that slide down, you know, into the teens.
Speaker 9: And so to me, I'm saying Under, I think I'm with you.
Speaker 3: I think these tackles fly off the board early and we're not even talking about him mid round. I think he's off the board before pick fifteen, So that would be Under for me too.
Speaker 6: Under, I'm going over.
Speaker 9: I'm going over here.
Speaker 8: It's not an indictment on Forashanhu. I think these corners are going to come off the board a little bit quicker.
Speaker 12: Wow, Yeah, I think you said it.
Speaker 8: I think these corners, I think someone's going to get aggresive and trade up and go grab a corner, and that's going to start the run on corners. And I think I have him at sixteen in my mock. I think that's probably where he ends up.
Speaker 5: But there's a million zillion of them.
Speaker 2: Why wait, corner?
Speaker 5: And I mean, and honestly too, if you're getting into like some of the phys six round guys, like there's.
Speaker 12: Some guys in there, like I know that. I feel you on the fact that people might.
Speaker 5: Go because that position in particular this year is so deep, Like you can find so many good things in some of these later round players as well.
Speaker 12: So I wonder if teams hold off a little bit more.
Speaker 3: But I feel you, Brian, What about this one Peyton Wilson, linebacker from NC State. I'm gonna put you on the spot here. I know you like him over or under forty one and a half.
Speaker 4: That's probably going to be right where he gets selected at depend the medical stuff. I've got him as I think my twenty fourth best player on my board when I did my stack. Let's see where I got mind.
Speaker 2: Do you put your medicals into that?
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's some thoughts because lat Too, I'm starting to hear some not great things about that one too. So you know, you get all these guys like lat Too at twenty one for me, Peyton Wilson twenty four. Yeah, these are guys that probably I mean, they're both probably gonna go later than that. But you got to give these guys their due. You really really got to give them their due there. So I'm gonna say that's probably where he's gonna be picked. I'm going to say it's probably gonna be over that though. That would be my guess. Okay, what do you think over forty one.
Speaker 5: La Peyton Wilson, Yeah, I would go I would go over same thing. Yeah, I will go over just because of the it's hard to justify because of the tape.
Speaker 12: This is this. I think this this guy's.
Speaker 5: Gonna tear up some some some war rooms. I think there's gonna be some serious conversations had because I understand like fight started.
Speaker 12: It's just hard to justify.
Speaker 5: Like besides, unless it's an Eddaran Cooper, it's just hard to make sense of it mentally when you know what the tape is despite the medicals, but we've seen it plenty of times that guy's fall, so I do think he is gonna's gonna fall.
Speaker 6: I saw this guy before. This is Luke Keithley.
Speaker 4: To me, I know that seems a lot. This guy's got that kind of nose for the football, the awareness where to be, how to tackle, how to finish, the toughness and all that, all the things he plays through. It's freaking Luke Keikley's who this guy is. It's a shame that he is so banged up that he's going to get He's going to get pushed down the board because of it. Some teams will have him completely off the board because he doesn't have body parts right, you know, so get ready for that.
Speaker 3: It reminds me a little bit of you remember Nakobe Dean two years ago twenty two draft.
Speaker 2: Nakobe Dean was the top linebacker on the board for.
Speaker 4: Short though a lot of the short the height was a problem for Nakobe Dean.
Speaker 6: That was the problem for a lot of folks.
Speaker 3: But his medicals weren't public eye no, no, it comes through. He falls out of the first round and everybody's thinking he's probably a top fifteen player, Why is he not on the board going or why is he on the board in the second round? Falls to the fourth round, I believe, And it's just because the linebacker is so physically demand. The position as a whole is so physically demanding, and if you have these medicals and you have these red flags, it does present pause. So I think I'm with you, guys.
Speaker 10: I think I'm gonna go over with with Peyton Willis on the side of over when it's medical flags.
Speaker 4: Exactly, I'm with you, Yeah, him and lot to both medical it might even you be with the center from Oregon to all three of those guys, all of them are excellent football was.
Speaker 2: His on the here? Nick?
Speaker 3: What was what was Jpj's while y'are talking, Oh, I've got it right here thirty and a half.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so there you go.
Speaker 10: Yeah, there are so many times we see guys fall during that weekend and you said a text and go like, why is this guy falling? It's like medical, well we even knew, like maybe we even knew something, but like we had no idea. Was teams just they don't play with an investment like that. When when you're talking aboubout it, So I would err on the side of over.
Speaker 3: Yeah, one last one before we say goodbye. Xavier Legette, wide receiver, South Carolina over under a forty four and a half. Bobby, what do you think, big play receiver forty four?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I don't know. That feels really high to me.
Speaker 10: Actually wow, So no, I would say, uh, definitely over to me, especially like like we're talking about how deep the receiver draft is and you start looking at the like Brian's line always about ice cream flavors, like you're you're to say him getting picked out earlier, banking on like you know, teams not having wild taste in some other receiver, and when they have that, I mean, we've clearly got like the top three that just about everybody seems to have in place.
Speaker 9: But behind that it's I.
Speaker 10: Don't know how similar anybody's four through fifteen type of rankings are gonna.
Speaker 6: Look, give me pierceol over him, m give me.
Speaker 8: I don't hate that sake, I don't have that on my board. But but I got a lot.
Speaker 12: Of respect for the get though.
Speaker 5: Absolutely he's absolutely real tough.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, absolutely, he's.
Speaker 2: Definitely ice cream flavors.
Speaker 3: He's a deep play thread, he's great catch radius, like, that's what you go and get with him.
Speaker 2: I'll say, I'll say over, just because I think wide receivers, I think it's going to stretch a little. He is, he's going to stretch.
Speaker 9: What is he once? Is a he's receiver sixteen for me?
Speaker 5: Team for me?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 9: What is he for me?
Speaker 2: A second?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 6: Player sixty six for me?
Speaker 2: Player sixty six.
Speaker 8: I think he goes over. I think you go comfortably over. I think Malachi Corley comes off the.
Speaker 3: Board before they get yep wide, Malkai Corley goes before they get Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would take a bet on that. I would make a bet on that.
Speaker 7: Let's figure it out.
Speaker 3: We'll figure it out, let's shake it for better.
Speaker 2: I would take a bet on that. I think I don't think that's happening.
Speaker 9: All right.
Speaker 6: Next, got a babysit for you.
Speaker 7: If hey, I would do I would do that anyway.
Speaker 2: I know you would.
Speaker 6: I know you did.
Speaker 2: Speaking of this is my last draft show of the year.
Speaker 6: Thank you for all you did.
Speaker 2: It's been so much fun and it does it breaks my heart.
Speaker 3: It makes me almost emotional, uh, thinking about not being here on draft day and Draft weekend because Uh, it is my favorite weekend of the entire NFL calendar.
Speaker 2: I love the Draft.
Speaker 3: That's what helped get me into the spot was loving the NFL Draft and always keeping up with it. And it's always a highlight of my year to be able to watch these guys and study and investigate and educate with with Aisha, with Brian, with Nick this year for the first time, You're going to continue to kill it Bobby as well, getting to know you guys, and then Zach Woldchuck.
Speaker 2: Is going to take you home the rest of the way.
Speaker 3: So he's going to cover starting Thursday, next Tuesday and then all draft weekend on one five three the Fan and Dallas Cowboys dot Com.
Speaker 2: So really excited about it.
Speaker 3: I will be there for for football one on one Thursday, so I did commit to that. But I want to get you guys rolling in the right direction with mister Woldchuk and well Bully the rest.
Speaker 2: Of Thank you man, absolutely so.
Speaker 3: Uh, the baby's coming home today, so big excitement. Really excited about that, and uh.
Speaker 2: It should be.
Speaker 3: Uh should be a crazy couple of months for me. But I'll see you guys down the road and we'll be back next year. My will for for the draft. But that does it for us here on this Tuesday when these people return one week away on Thursday, Yeah, seven days until the NFL Draft for Jasmine Marshall and Paul in the back for Bobby Belt. Nick Harris Brian brought us a Aiashan Morrison. I'm Kyle Yeoman saying so long from the draft show. We'll see you on Thursday.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.