Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Arm Strong and Getty and now he I'm Strong and Getty.
Speaker 3: I mean, when I see the rocket, I see a list of all the things that are wrong, all of the ways that it.
Speaker 4: Could go wrong and potentially fail.
Speaker 3: So you could have a first stage failure, second stage failure, stage separation failure. Uh, that could be a sort of an engine failure on the spacecraft itself. When when it's coming back, it's coming in so fast it's a blazing meteor and if anything happens to the heat shield, Uh, the whole.
Speaker 2: Craft is going to disintegrate. Needs to be remembered that I suppose it'll be remembered when he's done with his whole doge thing. And he might already be. He's one of the great rocket scientists of all time and thinkers and entrepreneurs who have ever lived. Yeah, and I was listening to some smart people discussed the other day how he might be the only person remembered from this era two hundred years from now. He's that kind of person, like an Isaac Newton or an Einstein or a galileo, or that he's that kind of person.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's not an unreasonable thing to say. Yeah, he is a fascinating guy, incredibly complicated and brilliant and half a nut, which often goes with genius. And as we've mentioned before, both Jack and I are of the opinion that if you have kids, you should raise them, You should try to keep a marriage intact best you can.
Speaker 4: You should probably not produce.
Speaker 5: A child outside of wedlock and the fairly traditional values. And Elon, whose work at DOGE, for instance, is something we're enormous fans of, is just an utter flaming. It's as if his heat shield had broken and the craft of his morality in family matters had disintegrated, like the rocket I described.
Speaker 2: I honestly can't think about it too much or it makes me sad. I just it just it bothers me so much. The whole concept of you know, I had a kid with this woman, and we need more people, and she's gonna have plenty of money. You just I don't understand how you don't have the concept of how much that kid, that little boy, or that little girl wants a real dad.
Speaker 5: Was he abused, what isn't he emotionally and or physically abused by his dad?
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know that. I don't. I don't have any memory of that.
Speaker 4: Or somebody somebody google around her or bing bing it. I think there was some I remember he mentioned his childhood was terrible.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, but he got beat up at school. Not and I lived in South Africa. But I don't. I don't know if there's any child abuse out of his family. I've never get Yeah, I was asking, not saying anyway. So the Wall Street General had an article about his Let me go further, Yes, let me go even further with this really sad commentary of my Oh boy, I've had the I've had the experience before with kids who don't have a dad playing at the park, when when kids were littler, and the way they were attracted to me to with me and play like catch or do something like that. I mean, it was so obvious they just wanted to have that whole tale for it, for it.
Speaker 5: Oh and it just breaks your heart. Yeah, my gosh. Yeah, I had that same experience raising my kids, and it was, oh, it was so hard to take anyway. Uh, And I've known plenty of people who had plenty of money but not a good male role model, and then they end up badly in a lot of cases.
Speaker 6: Anyway, Katie, So there's an article from Fortune saying that Elon has PTSD from a turbulent childhood from his time in South Africa and big verbal abuse from his father.
Speaker 5: Hmm okay, I thought I remembered that. Yeah, I wonder if that plays into this. But anyway, to the facts and then we can discuss this piece starts with Ashley Saint Clair wanted to prove that Elon Musk was the father of a newborn baby, but to ask the billionaire to take a paternity test, the right wing social media influencer had to go through Musk's longtime fixer, Jared Birchall. I don't want my son to feel like he's a secret, she told him in a two hour phone call in December. Birchall offered Saint Clair some advice. His boss was quote a very big hearted, kind and generous person, he said, but Musk had a different side. When a mother of his child goes the legal route in these discussions, quote that always always leads to worse outcomes for the woman than what it would have been otherwise, Birchall told the twenty six year old Hotty Plus.
Speaker 4: He said Musk wasn't.
Speaker 5: Sure the child was his, and it's not the first such conversation for Birchall.
Speaker 4: They right.
Speaker 5: His public job is running Musk's family office. He recently helped organize the quarter billion dollar push in support of Donald Trump. But behind the scenes, Birchall also manages the financial and privacy deals Musk wants for the women raising the world's richest babies. Musk has at least fourteen children for four women.
Speaker 2: And he's only what is he fifty three? Something like that.
Speaker 5: He's not right, at least fourteen, including with the pop musician Grimes and Chivon Zillis, an executive at his brain computer company, Neuralink. Multiple sources close to the Tech Entrepreneur said they believe the true number of Musk's children is much higher than publicly known. Here's the part that makes even me want to be impregnated by Elon Musk, in spite of the sad commentary of a moment earlier.
Speaker 2: He is fifty three, and he's got a lot. He's got time to have fourteen more.
Speaker 5: Musk offered Miss Saint Clair fifteen million dollars and one hundred thousand dollars a month in support in exchange for her silence about the child. Don't talk about it, don't say it's fine. I'll give you fifteen million dollars and one hundred grand a month. Similar agreements have been negotiated with other mothers of Musk's children.
Speaker 4: Birchall told Saint.
Speaker 2: Clair, I know more about this than I wish I knew, but that that's a lot of money. Obviously, that's way less than you would get if the courts made a decision though, oh interesting, way less.
Speaker 4: Although to get that without any storm and drawn.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean if I was if I was her, i'd sign up for that. You know, don't have to go to court, don't have to go through all the crap. Don't have to. You don't have to become a you'd become a celebrity. People would know your name, you'd be in the New York Post. I mean, avoid all that. Take care. One hundred one thousand dollars a month and fifteen million you'll be fine.
Speaker 5: Yeah, honestly, you get that. Fifteen million, one hundred thousand dollars a month is tip money. If he invested it all wisely anyway, So they mentioned that Musk's baby making project has to do with his his his overall goals for NASA and exploring space and colonizing Mars. In musks view of the world, civilization is under threat because of a declining population. He is driven to correct the historic moment by helping seed the Earth with more human beings of high intelligence. According to people familiar with the matter, it's not that he's just free with his lovin.
Speaker 4: He's doing this on.
Speaker 2: Purpose, right. It seems a little ridiculous then in that. I mean if he went Berzerco, if he went Biblical, he could have what one hundred and fifty kids maybe. I mean that's gonna have no effect on planet Earth in our population.
Speaker 5: Right, I mean, move right through old Bluesman into I don't know who procreates even more than hen.
Speaker 2: To get into Moses territory, Abraham territory. That's right, sir h Musk.
Speaker 5: The first use offspring as a legion, a reference to the ancient military units that can contain thousands of soldiers, and we're key.
Speaker 4: To extending the reach of the Roman Empire.
Speaker 2: I mean, he is brilliant, So you got that trait, you know, he might be passing along to your kid.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so, ladies, how do you like this for pillow talk?
Speaker 5: During Saint Clair's pregnancy, Musk suggested that they bring in other women to have even more of their children faster to reach legion level before the apocalypse. He said to Saint Clair in a text viewed by The Wall Street Journal, we will need to use surrogates.
Speaker 2: So look your eggs.
Speaker 5: My sperm will impregnate a bunch of surrogate moms with them, and we can have like a ten kids this year.
Speaker 2: So decent chance the kid. I know, I'm turning it sad again. Decent chance the kid does not have an adult male role model around at all for the early years, which is horrifying to me. And then even if she you know, meets a nice guy, falls in love and the guy you know takes care of the kid as his own, which would be the best case scenario and could easily happen, the kids always, because I've known people like this, the kid's always gonna feel rejected by their father, like he didn't care about me. My real father didn't care about me. They're always gonna feel that way.
Speaker 5: Even if you explain the philosophy to the kid as a young adult or whatever. Yeah, I would agree, And you know, it's funny. I was just thinking about I was assuming that, yeah, these moms, they will find a man to be with if if that's you know, something they want in their life, and most people do to have a partner. But then my mind went to if you have wealth or fame, you're never sure why people are coming at you, absolutely including suturs. If you're a you know, a wealthy fellow who you know, whether it's divorce or God forbid, widowhood or whatever.
Speaker 2: Oh so you're seeing you see these women are all rich and targets. Yeah, bad dudes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yes, I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: And it has nothing to do with eland Musk story flitting into my mind. Birchall described this is his assistant guy. Remember, he described Musks expectator expectations to Saint Clair quote privacy and Fitouniolity is the top of the list in every aspect of his life. Every aspect in his entire world is set up to be like a meritocracy benefits flow. He said, when people do good work, more of the Hey, go along.
Speaker 4: With the plan and you will be richly rewarded.
Speaker 5: During the call with Birchall, Saint Clair told him she had received outreach from a woman Musket invited to have his baby. She said she was being caught up in Musk's harem drama.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 5: A person familiar with Musk thinking on the agreements with the mothers, said, Musk believes it is better to resolve these matters behind closed doors for the safety and security of the child. Civilization is going to crumble if people don't start having more children.
Speaker 2: That's true, but you ain't gonna change it on your own.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, let's see Martin Varsovaski, that's pretty wacky that this is an aspect of him, and that is definitely wacky.
Speaker 4: So there's this buddy of his.
Speaker 5: Martin var Varsavaski, a friend of Musque who found it a large change of in vitro fertilization clinics, has said he's spoken with Musk about the risks of falling birth rates. Quote, without babies, there's no future. Every problem becomes secondary to the problem of not having people on the planet. Elon believes that a country is not the geography. A country is the people well and the principles.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Wow.
Speaker 2: Wow. So I would say, if there are no people on the planet, the point is moot.
Speaker 5: Vivian Wilson won a Musk's older children from his first wife. Justine said recently to teen Vogue that she doesn't know how many half siblings she has in her family. Musk is now estranged from Vivian because he refuses to accept her identity as transgender. Okay, there we go. Justine had six children with Musque. One died as a baby. Huh, that's odd. That is odd.
Speaker 2: Fifteen kids. They only need to live together in one house in a reality show.
Speaker 5: By the way, the kids the new kid's name is Romulus. That's a pretty cool name, at least like your reality show What are you gonna call it?
Speaker 4: House of Musk.
Speaker 2: And they vote one person off every week for not being musky enough.
Speaker 4: Keep going with the doge stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and get us to Mars. I'd be exciting to watch. Oh yeah, just the.
Speaker 4: Whole you're going to repopulate the Earth thing? You're a scientist. I'm not sure the math works.
Speaker 2: Love the screen on my Tesla. Don't love the cranking out kids. You don't take care of so ye pluses and minuses any comment on any of this. Text Line four one kftc Armstrong.
Speaker 7: Hetty Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell's warning about President Trump's sweeping tariff policy his words sparking losses in the stock markets. Is nowtfalling nearly seven hundred points, the S and P five hundred down more than two percent, the tech heavy NASDAC losing more than three percent.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Fed guy came out yesterday and said there's gonna be inflation, bry some loose some some higher unemployment. But what are you gonna do? I'll see how big a deal that is.
Speaker 5: Now long it lasts, Wall Street tanked and Trump said you're fired, which he can't actually do, but he's trying to. One more note on Elon Musk. He urged his mother's, the mothers of his baby, to deliver via cesarean section because he posted on X that vaginal births limit brain size and sea sections allow for larger brains.
Speaker 2: I've never heard that before.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, yeah, there's some correlation maybe, but it's weak. They say, wow, between brain size and intelligence.
Speaker 2: Well does it actually you actually have a bigger brain if you're delivered sea section? I don't know I would think that'd be not known. It seems like that'd be a very commonly known thing if it were.
Speaker 5: But since there's like no significance to it, according to most studies, no nobody knows or cares.
Speaker 4: How does it affect some length? Nobody cares.
Speaker 2: I have no idea how big my brain is either, I have no idea. Seems like there's a lot of space.
Speaker 4: You have an opinion I have.
Speaker 2: So I don't care who's the mayor of New York City as much as everybody in the media cares. Because they live in New York City. They act like it's very important all of us. They have an election next year. Zo Ran Mamdani is currently in second place. Do you know who's in first place? Andrew freaking Cuomo, which I can't believe in the polling because only a Democrat can win. So they we look at the polls of the Democrats. But I can't believe Andrew Cuomo all the things that he did, I mean, whether it's harassing women or sending old people to their deads during COVID that he's going to be the government the mayor of New York But anyway, and I love you, He's in first place in the polls. The guy behind him in second place is Zooran Mamdani. What does this guy believe? He's the breakthrough star of the Democratic Party this year According to a lot of people who watch this sort of thing, thirty three year old, he wants to freeze all rents, have the government run grocery stores, and make both childcare and bus transit free for all. Wow, that's what he's running on.
Speaker 5: You're talking earlier about how the Democratic Party has to run like a Bernie or in AOC and lose forty eight states to realize nobody wants this crap. Part of me says, let him win the election, run New York City for that like that, rather for four years, and.
Speaker 2: We'll see how you couldn't run it for four years.
Speaker 4: You couldn't run it for four months like that?
Speaker 2: Childcare and bus trends. It will be free for everybody. Gone all rents. Yeah, and the government will run the grocery stores.
Speaker 4: Wow. The Free Press has a great video right now.
Speaker 5: I think you'd get to paywalled if we put the link up at the website. But this guy, every phase of his life, in every interview he does, he uses a different accent really to like fit in or be down with whoever he's talking.
Speaker 2: So it's not just his economics that are crazy. He's also crazy crazy, or he's just a phony, pandering Trustafarian. Yeah, God dang it. I almost hope the pop that they fall for it and vote the guy in. Yeah, like you said, give it a whirl, see how it goes, idiots Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 8: The administration has made it clear they intend to appeal this. They're going to fight because here Boseburg says that the administration's actions, specifically not turning around flights that were already in the air full of those migrants, that that constituted a willful disregard of his order. Now, the Justice Department is argued that he was overstepping his authority by trying to interfere in the implementation of a foreign policy. Now he has said he will begin contempt proceedings unless the migrants who are on those planes are afforded some sort of process, an opportunity to have their cases heard.
Speaker 2: So well, let's hear. Let's hear from Pam Bondi. Pam Bondi, she's the Attorney General explaining what a bad guy this guy was that we sent to El Salvador.
Speaker 1: This illegal alien terrorist came into our country illegally in March.
Speaker 2: Of twenty twelve.
Speaker 1: We know that because he admitted that when he was stopped in twenty nineteen by the anti gang squad. They stopped him at a home depot with three other members. And here's what's very important. He was wearing a sweatshirt with gang insignia on it.
Speaker 2: So there's the politics of this, and then there's the constitutionality legal part of this. I think the I think the Trump people are definitely winning on the politics of this.
Speaker 4: I don't know, Jane.
Speaker 5: They've heard he was a nice fella. Can we hear fifty three real quick?
Speaker 4: Michael?
Speaker 1: Exactly one month ago, the Trump administration abducted and imprisoned a Maryland man named Abrego Garcia.
Speaker 5: Abrego Garcia, the Maryland Man, a Maryland Man, marilynd Man.
Speaker 2: The growing calls return the Maryland.
Speaker 4: Man, that Maryland man, a Maryland man.
Speaker 2: That fate of that Maryland man in the case of a Maryland father, the wrongful deporty.
Speaker 8: So I'm a Maryland Man to l Salvador.
Speaker 1: He is, of course the Maryland man now held in l Salvador's Mega prison.
Speaker 2: But there's not a question of whether he's illegal or not.
Speaker 5: Right, he's a Maryland father Jack you monster, No, No, he had a final defortation order on him, so he was here illegally. And the reason I think Trump's winning on this politically is two thirds of Americans want all illegals deported, all.
Speaker 2: Undocumented people deported. I mean, so politically, I think I don't think I think you get much traction you get into the whole due process thing legally though, And then that's so, does it make any difference whether he was a gang member or not to the due process since the Constitution says all persons get due process?
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, but it depends on what process you're talking about. There's not like due process doesn't mean one specific thing. It just means the government can't behave arbitrarily. So if you're an immigrant who's committed a crime, have different processes than a citizen accused of a crime. For instance, deportation is different than criminal conviction, is different than civil procedure. So what is the due process owed to an illegal who's identified by a confidential, reliable informant as a gang member?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: And then also as a thought experiment, if they come up with an email or somebody testifies or something that proves let's say they knew before the flight's left that the judge had said, don't fly those people out of here. Yeah, what sort of a jackpot would they be in at that point?
Speaker 4: A big one.
Speaker 2: I mean, if you could get somebody who say, just go get on plane, go go go, go, go get that thing off the ground.
Speaker 5: You know, every time the taking a branch disagrees with the any judge, if it's a Republican president, it's a constitutional crisis we have.
Speaker 4: We are heading toward a constitutional crisis. You know.
Speaker 5: Every time freaking Mummy Biden violated the constitution got slapped down by a judge that was just a crazy judge who ended Biden's effort to do what is good and godly in the world, right, it was never we're headed.
Speaker 4: For a constitutional crisis. It was like, yeah, we'll let the courts do what they do. They'll work through the process, and then there will be an appeal, then another appeal, blah blah blah.
Speaker 5: No this every time there's a disagreement, we're heading straight toward a car but this one does have the potential of a hell of a high level fight. And as Andrew Jackson famously said of the Supreme Court many moons ago, they've made their ruling, Now let them enforce it. You don't want to have that in our system, open defiance of one branch for another.
Speaker 4: I'd be bad.
Speaker 5: Trump has indicated I'll go along with the courts if they give me a final ruling.
Speaker 2: So Andrew Jackson said that that's a Didn't somebody say how big is their army or something like that, something a similar sort of thing. You and what army the sort of thing?
Speaker 5: Yeah, essentially, Yeah, that ain't good though, No, No, that might be something like I mean, if the Supreme Court said, now, you've got to bring those people back and the administration said, no, we're not gonna that would be a constitutional crisis. Oh.
Speaker 2: I know what I was going to say earlier, and I been forgetting to say it all day long. I feel like because I keep thinking about the politics of this more than the law of this, but the politics of this. If I'm Trump, I would think, let's get that guy back here, because we're booting out all kinds of illegals. People are on our side on this. This one's causing all this trouble. Just get him back here, We'll send him somewhere else, or put him in jail for something.
Speaker 5: Well yeah, or say yeah, hey, this guy, there's a question mark. Let's have a hearing, then boot his ass out again, because if what they say is clear, his ass will be booted.
Speaker 2: Right. So instead of being a Pam Bondi and karenly Levitt, you know, fighting this really really hard over this one guy, I think politically he'd be better off given in on this one and just continuing to deport people faster than anybody ever has, or.
Speaker 5: Not give in, but just go along and work through the process I just described. But yeah, I see what you're saying. Although if he is indeed an MS thirteen guy who was a oh, let's you know what we had to where is that the dude was a repeat offender, wife beater. Yeah, Caroline Levet, this is a tough one. This is a tough one. Yeah, I want to listen to this. But man, I took this in from both sides all day yesterday.
Speaker 9: It was revealed through Maryland's court documents that Abraio Garcia's wife petitioned for an order of protection against him for two instances of domestic violence in May of twenty twenty one, and here is the order right here. The court ordered that the respondent committed the following acts of abuse once in May of twenty twenty one, assault in any degree, and on May fourth of twenty twenty one, he punched and scratched his wife, ripped off her shirt, and grabbed and bruised her. This is from a court in Maryland. So not only are Democrats rushing to defend an illegal criminal, foreign terrorist gang member, but also an apparent woman beater.
Speaker 2: Right, So she went to the cops because he was violent and said all those things in there documented and all that sort of stuff. But now she says, we worked it all out. He's a loving dad and father, and I stand by him and love him, and it's horrible what has happened to him for some reason.
Speaker 5: Hmmm, battered wife syndrome. Maybe I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know. I'm not exactly sure what made her change tune on that, But that's that's what she's that's what she's saying now.
Speaker 5: In a related topic, the Wall Street Journal Editorial board in a staunchly pro Trumpy editorial, paragraph after paragraph describing how brilliant the success on the border has been, controlling it. The astonishing change in statistics. According to US Border Customs and Border Protection. Who would know, in March, seventy two hundred illegal immigrants were detained at the southwest border and another thirty nine hundred and thirty eight hundred at ports of entry. So that's eleven thousand encounters in March. Previous March, it wasn't eleven thousand, it was one hundred and ninety thousand.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 5: And it's lower than even during the early days of the COVID nineteen pandemic. They point out that he Trump has put a lie to the Biden. We need laws. I mean, it's a absolutely glowing testament to the success of the Trump border policies and the point they're driving toward.
Speaker 4: And this is true.
Speaker 5: One surprise that I'm quoting is that mister Trump hasn't taken more credit for this accomplishment. Instead, he's pressing forward with deportations, deporting gang members and criminals as popular. But public support drops when it starts to separate families or happen without due process, and then they say, and they point.
Speaker 4: Out and this is so true. Friends.
Speaker 5: The executive order stuff is great, but it can be overturned on a dime by the next Democrat to be in the Oval office. And they're urging him. Get with Congress now and pass serious immigration reform. Get this stuff on the book, says law, and that way it lasts.
Speaker 2: Wow, that'd be huge. Carl Robe was talking the other day about he doesn't understand why Trump hasn't taken a victory lap on his biggest success. Yeah, so far, on what was the number two issue he got elected on, And that would be the perfect time to do it. Go down to the border, give a big speech with the stats you just read about success, and then say, Congress, I want you to pass legislation that blah blah blah, and there'd be momentum for it.
Speaker 5: Tighten up asylum, make the pathways for legal immigration to work well, make the easier.
Speaker 2: Make the Democrats, because you'd get it through the House. But make the Democrat or maybe you wouldn't, depending on what the legislation is. But make the Democrats in the Senate vote against some sort of immigration law. Put him in that position again.
Speaker 5: Let him try to demagog it and speak plain common sense supported by eighty five percent of the American people.
Speaker 4: You will, you will beat them like a drum.
Speaker 2: All for that some actual legislation that is the new law that we in theory would follow. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's going to take a little more patience and grinding though. And Trump, I think, and this is not a criticism exactly, it's just an observation.
Speaker 4: I think he's a little.
Speaker 5: Intoxicated with the speed with which he can get stuff done by executive orders and reforming agencies and that sort of thing. And I don't want him to stop the good stuff he's doing on that score, but we've also got to work on legislation, so it's permanent.
Speaker 2: I mentioned this yesterday. I think he's on day eighty six. Now Trump has been president for eighty six days or very close to that. It just doesn't even seem possible.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and there are actually some polls out showing a little Trump fatigue already.
Speaker 2: How would you not have that?
Speaker 5: Because the pace of change in chaos is so hot. You know, if I could be heard in his inner circle, I'd be saying, if we can pace ourselves a little bit, we end up getting more done because we could not get routed in the midterms. We could rout them in the mid terms. But one of the risks we face is that people are getting burned out on the uncertainty. But you know, I'm not in his inner circle, not in his outer circle.
Speaker 2: You're in no circle what's on.
Speaker 4: I'm in no circle whatsoever, a circle of my own making.
Speaker 2: I think I'm going to write up a will during the commercials. I thought I was feeling better, but no, I'm feeling worse. So jot down some things.
Speaker 4: Yeah, sure, sure.
Speaker 2: Am I of sound mind and body. I'm of sound mind. I don't know if I'm of sound body.
Speaker 4: Michael, do you have an opinion on the mister Armstrong sound cleaned?
Speaker 2: His house? Is your house cleaning?
Speaker 10: Right?
Speaker 2: You don't w a Gene Hackney situation, right, rat feces, et cetera.
Speaker 4: People talk.
Speaker 2: I can promise you I have no rat feces in my house. Clutter can money and clutter, but yes I can. Okay, we will finish strong.
Speaker 7: We got married two years ago and he sees me in my wedding dress coming down the aisle.
Speaker 2: This man does not shed a tear.
Speaker 1: My dad gave this beautiful speech on our wedding day. Nothing yesterday.
Speaker 2: He's watching this golf.
Speaker 1: Tournament, and he cried when the whatever his name is, when he won.
Speaker 7: He cried over a gulf.
Speaker 2: It is the maddest I've ever been.
Speaker 4: He has a point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if he doesn't tear up at all these other things, but does when he's watching a golfer win a tournament, that.
Speaker 4: Is as a hell of a great tournament.
Speaker 5: Though, Oh the years of struggle, et cetera, et cetera.
Speaker 2: Everything we believe about kids and phones might be wrong. According to a new study out of the University of South.
Speaker 4: Florida, it's not, but go on Florida Man.
Speaker 2: He surveyed fifteen hundred kids ages eleven to thirteen, kids with smartphones and found that those kids reported better mental health than those without smartphones on a number of different measures, including higher self esteem, being less likely to feel depressed, and this held across socio economic differences of the children being a surveyed this survey challenge and the people who did the survey, by the way, they're big fans of the Jonathan Chate book Anxious Nation, and they weren't expecting these results themselves. They say, the USF survey challenges of belief that kids with cell phones are more likely to be shut ins who never leave their bedroom. In fact, surveyed kids with smartphones were overall more likely to spend time with friends in person. Middle schoolers were using phones to spend time online with their friends, do school related tasks, play learning games, and coordinate hangouts with friends.
Speaker 5: I have a few notices of skepticism to sound and I have an open mind about this stuff because I want to make sure my opinions are well founded. But number one, where there is self reporting, there is bad data.
Speaker 4: A researcher said that once, and it's absolutely true. Uh.
Speaker 5: Secondly, it sounds to me like they're measuring popularity and fitting in at this moment as opposed a long term mental health.
Speaker 4: But I am intrigued. I'll look into it.
Speaker 2: My son was the last one in his group to get a phone, and he missed out on a lot of conversations and get together some stuff because he didn't have a phone. His final thoughts.
Speaker 10: So well comments and entertains yas closure for the show.
Speaker 2: Beautiful. Here's your host for final thoughts, Joe Getty.
Speaker 4: Let's get a final thought from everybody on the crew. To wrap up the show. There is our technical director pressing the buttons. Hey, Mike Lanzelow, what's your final thought?
Speaker 5: Yeah, when the NFL starts back up, I'm gonna do a sports bet with my brother and whoever loses is gonna be a footstool for the day. Yes, the human footstool. Katie Green are esteemed mus woman. As a final thought, Katie.
Speaker 6: I've put together a new Katie's corner for today and the Hey a driveway.
Speaker 2: Video is available there at arms so.
Speaker 5: You can see the people involved in Yes, what may be the funniest audio we've ever played.
Speaker 2: Jack a final thought for us, the common cold, which is what I think I have or something like that, is just so we gotta do something about that. Can we make that our moonshoti Ela, Let's skip Mars and cure the common freaking gold.
Speaker 5: Yeah, dude, that or mosquitoes either way, just you know, Mars is lovely, but how about back your honors? My final thought is kind of lame, but as funny. Jan in San Diego emailed us with the same thought I had. I went to the University of Illinois. Our team is the Fighting Aliini and every time I hear the Fighting Oligarchs tour, I just think of a college with a mascot that's an oligarch, the fighting Oligarchs.
Speaker 4: It wouldn't be like the Monopoly.
Speaker 5: Money guy or something like that, charging around the stadium waving a flag.
Speaker 2: Those people would have you win. Footstools are Strong and Getty wrapping up another grueling four hour workday.
Speaker 5: Every seat in our stadium Human foot store. So many think, so little time good Armstrong in geedddy dot com.
Speaker 4: Check out Katie's.
Speaker 5: Corner spelled with two k's the hot links. You can buy some swag, drop us note mail bag at armstrong getdy dot com.
Speaker 2: So see tomorrow, God bless America.
Speaker 4: Don't vote to give tax breaks.
Speaker 2: I'm Strong and Getty, but this is the PLA.
Speaker 1: We will not be silent, So stop yelling.
Speaker 2: At me pretty please you sugar on top.
Speaker 4: We're happy the way we are. Okay, all these crazy thinking.
Speaker 5: As that great Chicago and Ferris Bueller wants noted, or you're.
Speaker 4: Not going to hear much about that on corporate television. You should be really pissed.
Speaker 10: You there.
Speaker 3: Your time is expired.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Getty