Speaker 1: Well, come in is verdict with Center, Ted Cruz, Ben Ferguson with you and Center. We finally got some action in the Senate on the Big Beautiful Bill. Catch us up to date.
Speaker 2: Well, we do. Late Saturday night there was a major vote to move forward the One Big Beautiful Bill. The vote passed. The vote was fifty one to forty nine. All Republicans except two voted to move it forward. Now Sunday, You and I are recording this on Sunday, so we don't know exactly what has happened yet, except that Monday is going to be an all day vote rama unlimited amendments. The Democrats are going to try to make Republicans cast all sorts of votes on all sorts of politically terrible amendments. Here's my prediction. We will get this done and by the end of the day Monday, the One Big Beautiful Bill will pass the United States Senate. It will have major, major victories for the American people, major victories for President Trump's agenda. We're going to break down what is likely to be in it, and we're also going to talk about three major Supreme Court decisions that came down on Friday. Big victories for conservatives reasons to celebrate. We're going to lay out the details of all three.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is going to be very big, and we'll talk about the biggest things that happened, as you mentioned with the Supreme Court, and also what is in the big beautiful bill. In just a moment, I want to talk to you real quick about a really awesome company. Two of my good friends started this, Buck Sexton and Clay Travis because they were sick and tired of just getting an average cup of coffee. Look good coffee, it's easy to find, but great tasting coffee is so much harder to discover. And they sent me some Crockett coffee and I was like, all right, I'm going to try it. It's my friend's company. How good is it? Let me just tell you it was special. Crocket Coffee is roasted to perfection in small batches on purpose by experts who love the taste of great coffee. It's roasted inner Nation's heartland and delivered fresh to your home or office. You're going to love it exactly what you get in every single cup of coffee, and you're going to enjoy the aroma of Crockett coffee is it bruising your home or your office like you've never experienced before. So if you want a great cup of coffee, a premium cup of small batch coffee every single day, then you need to check out Crockett Coffee. You can choose between fresh ground, whole bean or k cups. Whatever it is you like, you get it. And if you're interested in mushroom coffee and the positive benefits that come with enjoying that each day, Crockett Coffee is now producing that too. There's a dark roast, a mild roast, a light roast, a decaf version. They've got it all. So check out this company and what they do. And here's the other thing. A portion of your purchase every time goes to support Tunnels to Towers Foundation because the good people at Crockett Coffee are pledged to never forget what happened. Go online. I'm gonna save you money Krocketcoffee dot com. If you use my name Ben, you're gonna get twenty percent off your first order. That's Crocketcoffee dot Com. Use my name Ben to get twenty percent off your first order. That's Crocketcoffee dot Com. Promo code Ben, and you'll get twenty percent off and you'll love it all right. So the big beautiful bill, it's becoming real. It's in the Senate. What excites you the most about what's in this bill? Center that people need to know about.
Speaker 2: Well, this bill is the principal vehicle to advance President Trump's agenda, the mandate we had coming out of the election. Now, let me tell you procedurally where we are. Saturday night, at seven thirty, the Senate took it up. We needed at least fifty votes to move forward. There was a lot of drama. It was not clear that we were going to have fifty votes at the end of the day, and it was about midnight on Saturday night. We ended up with fifty one votes. Two Republicans voted no, Rand Paul voted no, and Tom Tillis voted no. Rand was always going to vote no. Rand has said from the beginning he's going to vote no against anything in this bill. It's frustrat rating Rand as a friend, but his vote is hard no, no matter what. So he's off the table. So we basically have fifty two Republicans to work with Tom Tillis. Tom Tillis has been very vocal that he's concerned about Medicaid and he wants fewer cuts and Medicaid spending. I don't agree with Tom on this, but he certainly has a right to his view. Tom's good man. That debate will be ongoing. What will happen next? So the Democrats objected. Normally, there's a pretty standard motion in the Senate where you ask unanimous consent to waive the reading of the bill. Well, the Democrats objected to that. So what is happening is a poor clerk of the Court or a clerk of the Senate rather has to sit there and read a thousand page bill. And so all night Saturday night, at one am, two am, three am, four am, five am, a clerk of the Court is reading page after page of a thousand page bill. They're going to read the entirety of the bill. That'll take ten to twelve hours. We will then shortly thereafter. So the Democrats then have ten hours of debate where they're all going to stand up and then the preview that they're going to say on Sundays, they're going to say Republicans are horrible. They're going to say Republicans are throwing Grinny off the cliff. They're going to say Republicans hate poor, kids, hate people with disabilities, hate women, children, men, old people, young people, puppies, kittens, everyone and everything. They're going to say that. They're going to attack this bill like crazy. But then their ten hours are going to be up and the Democrats can't stop it. What happens next, and this will happen Sunday evening, It'll extend all night Sunday, It'll extend into Monday morning. This podcast will come out. My prediction is this podcast will come out and we'll still be voting. Will end voting sometime between midnight one, two, three, four am, five am. It could be as late as seven, eight, nine, ten am on Monday, It depends how long the Democrats delay. One of the weird things about budget reconciliation, the entire process proceeds under the Budget Act in nineteen seventy four. The reason reconciliation matters, there's a lot of procedural gobbledygook that doesn't matter, but the reason it matters, it's the principal exception to the Senate filibuster. The ordinary rules in the Senate are that you need sixty votes to proceed on legislation. We don't have sixty Republicans. We only have fifty three. So to get sixty votes you need seven Democrats. Seven Democrats are not going to agree to do anything positive for America right now, which means budget reconciliation is the main way to get around that. Under the rules of budget reconciliation, the Democrats can offer unlimited amendments. So they're going to offer every horrible amendment they can. And they're literally sitting there drafting, Okay, what amendment can we craft that makes Republicans take a terrible vote, makes Republicans take a vote that then will run TV ads and attack them and try to beat them in November. That'll happen all night.
Speaker 1: It'll happen till that gamesmanship.
Speaker 2: And by the way, both sides do this. So when the Democrats are in control, they use budget reconciliation. They used it multiple times. They spent trillions of dollars through budget reconciliation. The so called Inflation Reduction Act was passed through budget reconciliation. And so look, we teed up all sorts of terrible votes, which frankly, we ran campaign ads against them and beat them in November on that, and so there is value in forcing your opponents to vote on things they don't want to vote for, particularly when your opponents are embracing on popular positions. In this case, they'll try to tee up bad amendments and hopefully Republicans will rally together and reject those amendments. I expect that all one hundred senators, and by the way, the median age is about one hundred and six, so that that says something. At the end of the day, I believe we'll get this done. We'll see I mean, look, this podcast will come out and when we'll find out if my prediction is right or wrong. But I think we'll get it done. And there's a lot of good elements in this bill. This bill number one avoids a four trillion dollar tax increase. If we did nothing at the end of this year, there would be an automatic four trillion dollar tax increase. The entire twenty seventeen Trump tax cuts would expire, and so a huge purpose of this bill is to avoid that to keep taxes low. This bill also embodies and enacts many of the key tax cut promises President Trump made. So, for example, this bill includes no taxes on tips, that's my legislation. I wrote that legislation was President Trump's promise, but I wrote the bill that is in this bill, we're going to get it passed. It also includes no taxes on Social Security and no taxes on overtime. Both of those are huge working class, blue collar victories. President Trump campaigned on them, and I think we're going to deliver them. Beyond that, this bill is also the vehicle to secure the border. There's one hundred and fifty billion dollars in funding to secure the border, to build the wall, to hire more border patrol agents, hire more ICE agents, to deploy more technology at the border. That is a big deal. On top of that, there's another one hundred and fifty billion dollars to rebuild the military, to invest in defeating China, defeating our adversaries, to invest in hypersonics, to invest in in the next generation of military defense. Historically, the Democrats keep defense hostage. So the battle that you have in Washington classically is between guns and butter. Where Republicans care about guns, we care about actually defending the nation, supporting our military. The Democrats by and large don't care about that, and they try to hold defense spending hostage to push for more domestic spending, more welfare. They are the party of welfare. They are the party of big spending. We're making a major investment in the military precisely because the Democrats can't hold that hostage. And then there are a ton of other priorities, including three huge priorities of mine legislation that I introduce that are in this bill. Number one, auctioning off eight hundred megahertz of spectrum. Why does that matter? What does that mean? Auctioning off spectrum? Look, electromagnetic spectrum is how all of our electronic devices communicate. It's how Wi Fi operates, it's how you get your cell phone operates, it's how you get streaming. And sixty percent of the most valuable spectrum is controlled by the federal government. I wrote the provision in this bill that mandates the federal government sell a significant chunk of that spectrum to the private sector. That's going to do a couple of things. Man. Number One, it's going to produce I believe over one hundred billion dollars in real revenue to the tax payer. Money that will pay down the deficit, pay down the debt. So that's real revenue of the federal government. But number two, even more importantly, it will unleash billions of dollars of private sector investment and create hundreds of thousands of jobs because America needs to win the race for six G, which is the next generation of telecom, and beat China. That is in this bill. And then there are two other provisions we've talked about, both of which I've authored. Number one is school choice, and this bill has the most significant federal school choice provision ever written in the law. I wrote it. As we speak now, I'm battling with the Senate parliamentarian to keep that in the bill. I believe we will keep that in the bill. And that investment. I think school choice is the civil rights issue of the twenty first century. And finally, there are the invest America Accounts, the Trump accounts, where this bill will create a private investment account for every child in America, will seed it with one thousand dollars, will allow family and employers and parents to contribute five thousand dollars a year in a tax advantage fund. That fund will be invested in the S and P. Five hundred. It will grow with compound growth, and it will make a whole new generation of capitalists. I actually think this provision. It's a very small part of the bill. I think ten twenty thirty years from now, it will be the single most impactful part of the bill because it will we will have a whole generation of kids who have built up savings and investment in the market. They will be owners of the major employers in America that's in the bill. I'm really excited about it.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be, as you said, one of the core things I think for Donald Trump. In a victory for him and for the American people, how significant do you think the boost could be just to the rest of the agenda of putting America First a mag agenda because of this big victory I say early on his administration. Yes, we're well past one hundred days. It takes time to get these things done, but this could also be momentum building for other agenda items. Am I wrong?
Speaker 2: You're not wrong, And listen, I expect we're going to take up other reconciliation bills over the next year and a half. Why because reconciliation is the biggest exception to the filibuster. So it's the way we can legislate and get victories. But this bill has massive victories in it. Now. Some conservatives, including me, have argued we should cut spending more. I agree with that. I have leaned in hard on cut spending, cut spending. I've made that case to my colleagues. I wish we were cutting spending more. But at the end of the day, we are reducing spending some we need to do more, and we are cutting taxes in a profound way, and we are winning major victories for President Trump's agenda. There's a reason President Trump is all in behind this bill, and so I think we're gonna get it done. I don't know if it'll be signed in a law by July fourth, but I think if the Senate gets it done on Monday, there's a real chance the House will come back and just pass the bill, and we could see on the fourth of July President Trump signing this into law.
Speaker 1: I want to move to the other big story as well, and this one deals with the Supreme Court. The Supreme Court's term has come to an end, and there was a major not just win, but wins for President Trump and also the rule of law. I love talking Supreme Court with you and I mean, this is a compliment. You get to geek out on it because you clirk there. Take us into what just happened and how significant were some of these major decisions.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, there are a few things more wonderful than an old miss varsity tennis player calling me a geek. But you know, the truth hurts, and so I will happily do that. So there were three major decisions from the Supreme Court came down the end of last week. All three were victories. The most most important was a decision on President Trump's Birthright Citizenship Executive Order, and the punchline is the Court dramatically reigned in the ability of district courts to issue nationwide injunctions, universal injunctions. We're going to break all that down momentarily. There was also a big victory that held that the parents of public school children can opt out of LGBT curriculum. It's a big win for religious liberty, big win for parental rights. And finally, one other decision upheld a Texas law, so Texas pastor law requiring age verification for porn sites that was challenged as unconstitutional in the Supreme Court upheld that six' three as. Well so three big victories really, important all.
Speaker 1: Right so let's start with universal injunctions and The trump The cossack. Case this is, also by the, way something that you you share the subcommittee hearing on that very issue earlier this. Month so explain why this is such an important issue for everyone.
Speaker 2: Listening, well this was a case Challenging President trump's executive order on birthright. Citizenship birthright citizenship is the law that says that a baby born In america is A us, citizen even if that baby's parents are, illegal even if they came illegally precisely to have that baby In. America, nonetheless that baby is A us. Citizen as a policy, MATTER i think that is a very foolish. Policy it is a policy that incentivizes illegal. Immigration you see, PEOPLE i spend a lot of time at the southern. BORDER i go go out on midnight patrols with the border patrol. Agents we see everyday pregnant women coming across the, border, illegally coming, across being brought in by human traffickers with the express purpose of coming here to have their baby In. America because that baby then becomes an anchor, baby that baby comes A us. Citizen that doesn't make any. Sense and by the, way most of the other countries On earth don't have that. Policy if you sneak into another country, illegally most other countries don't make them a citizen of that. Country it is an accident Of american history that our law has done, that and so for more than a DECADE i have advocating for ending birthright. Citizenship, now ben there is an open legal debate about how you can end birthright. Citizenship there are some legal scholars who argue it can only be done through a constitutional. Amendment and the reason is part of the predicate for birthright citizenship is the language of The Fourteenth amendment that talks about granting citizenship to people born In. America, now there's a phrase in The Fourteenth amendment which is subject to the jurisdiction, thereof and legal scholars argue back and. Forth some say you can only change birthright citizenship through a constitutional. Amendment that's the, case we should have an amendment because it's a policy that is. Foolish others Say congress can pass legislation to end birthright citizenship because someone who comes here illegally is not subject to the jurisdiction thereof is not subject To american, jurisdiction but rather came here. Illegally i've introduced legislation to end birthright citizenship through. Legislation What President trump has done is he's tried to do it a third, way which is through an executive. Order that's going to be a harder hurdle to get to get, through but he's trying to do, it and on the policy, grounds he is exactly. Right so what happened, is in this, case there was a lawsuit Challenging President trump's executive order purporting to eliminate birthright, citizenship and the district judge issued a nationwide, injunction a so called universal. Injunction so, ordinarily courts have jurisdiction have authority over the parties in front of. Them so if you have two parties in a car wreck and they crash into each other and one party sues the, other the court has jurisdiction over those two parties to, Say, okay you're at, fault you pay for the repairs and the medical bills of the person. Injured that is called under The Constitution article three of The. Constitution courts are given jurisdiction over cases and, controversies so actual disputes between real. People what the district judge did in this case is issued an injunction Prohibiting Donald trump and prohibiting the entire federal government from enforcing The Birthright Citizenship Executive order against, anybody not just against the parties in front of the, court but three hundred and thirty million people in this. Country the court, said you cannot enforce this against. Anybody it is a universal. Injunction that is something that for the first one hundred plus years of our country never. Occurred universal injunctions began occurring more, frequently but not that much more. Frequently there have been over forty universal injunctions issued Against Donald trump in the first five months of his. Presidency, now, now how does that compare to the historical. Record there are more universal injunctions that have been issued Against President trump than were issued in the entire twentieth century from nineteen hundred to two. Thousand there have been more in the last five months than there were in those one hundred. Years there have been more universal injunctions issued Against President. Trump then we're issued against all eight years Of GEORGE. W Bush all eight years Of Barack obama and all four years Of Joe. Biden five Months trump has even more than. That it has been an abuse of. Power and as you, NOTED i have been very. Vocal i've been laying out the. CASE i chaired A judiciary committee hearing focused on exactly this abuse of. Power this is the next wave of law Fel during the last four, years we Saw democrat prosecutors Indicting Donald, trump that was using the courts to attack their political enemy to try to stop the voters from Reelecting Donald. Trump that didn't, Work they failed Once President trump was. Reelected this was the next iteration of. Lawfare Get democrat attorneys, general get left wing radical groups to go seek out radical district judges put on the bench By Joe biden And Barack obama to issue injunctions and shut down the Entire trump agenda because and, understand These democrat attorneys, general they don't believe in. Democracy they don't believe the voters have a right to decide this is what we want and to elect someone to carry it. Out, instead they want courts to stand in the. Way, well you AND i talked about an earlier podcast WHAT i thought was likely here and WHAT i predicted on this, podcast AS i, SAID i think The Supreme court is going to reign in versal. Injunctions The Supreme court is going to make clear this is an abuse of. Power so it's really optimistic because in terms of the tools we have to reign in universal, injunctions The Supreme court acting is by far the. Best well On friday they. Did their decision was. Fantastic it was six'. To three the decision was Written By Amy. Cony barrett it is the most important opinion she has written in her tenure On, the court and it is. Very strong it makes clear that individual district judges do not have the, legal authority they don't have the jurisdiction to issue. Universal injunctions that is a massive victory for the rule, of law and it is a massive blow against the lawfare that the radical left is Waging Against. President, trump yeah no doubt.
Speaker 1: About it and that wasn't the only victory that. Came down another one was a free speech Coalition, versus paxton and this was a case Out of texas Where The supreme court came down six to three and they Held that texas age verification law where you have to verify your age to be on a, pornographic website is in. Fact constitutional this is really, a huge, i think build off to something that you work so hard on that there was bipartisan, support for which was to take It, down act and this really coupled, with that is a significant move By The united states to protect kids under the age.
Speaker 2: Of eighteen that's, Exactly, Right ben YOU and i are. Both parents YOU and i are. Both dads it's scary to be a parent right now because, our kids when our kids get to, be teenagers we give, them phones and phones are just this portal to everything evil and horrible in, the world the pressures that are on. Our kids when YOU and i, were young the biggest thing you had to worry about was the kid down the street punching you in the nose and giving you a. Bloody nose and that, wasn't fun but it did end. Your life your nose healed and you. Were, fine today our kids deal with they deal with sexual predators online that they deal with social media pushing all sorts of negative content, to them pushing, self harm pushing, suicidal ideation pushing, substance abuse, alcohol abuse, drug abuse pushing. Body, Image look i'm the dad of, two daughters and there's so much garbage online telling young girls you're, too fat you're, too ugly, you're this, you're that and it does real damage, and, depression anxiety all the pressures that are directed. At kids and one of the pressures that are directed at kids is there is so much sexual content that is just bombarding children and bombarding sometimes. Young kids and so the State of texas passed. A law i think it's a very common sense law that says if you have a site that is putting pornography online that you have to verify if the users are over eighteen, or not that you should not be pushing out porn. To kids. And listen when it comes to questions of, Free speech i'm. VERY libertarian i think adults have a right, to speak and if they want to go back and forth on issues, like this. Adults can but pushing porn to kids, is wrong and children the content now is just it, is graphic it, is grotesque and it bombards. Our kids And so texas passed a law, that said if you want to push it, to adults, you can but you can't push it. To kids and there was. A lawsuit there was a lawsuit, that, said look we have a right to give five year olds, graphic porn And The supreme court Six' three clarence thomas wrote, the majority, opinion said no there's Nothing In the first amendment that says you have the right to push pornography, to young children and states have a reasonable interest. IN protecting kids i think that's a common. Sense of victory and, On Free speech i'm i'm a, free SPEECH absolutist but i also think there is room for protecting children when it. Comes to adults adults are welcome to consume all, sorts of content but there's, no, reason, five, six seven eight nine year olds should be it should be seeing all the. Garbage that's there i'm really gratified this was. An, important decision yeah.
Speaker 1: It really, was and finally the other one that, you mentioned earlier this one for me is so important for parental rights and getting parnal rights back in our public schools because there was a massive fight where parents were saying we should be able to opt our kids OUT of this. Lgbtq plus curriculum there, was a lawsuit It Went. To supreme court it favored on the side of parents. Six to three this was massive for. So many parents they're concerned about their kids being indoctrinated by.
Speaker 2: The. Radical left yeah this case Arose Out of Montgomery, county In Maryland and montgomery county has a, very, Diverse population Uh And the Montgomery, county, school board unfortunately is one of the more woke School. Boards in america and so they put in PLACE an aggressive lgbtq curriculum and. They mandated it and we're not, talking high schoolers we're, talking young kids kids kindergarten. Through fifth grade and they pushed content that that THAT was, pushing lgbt content that was pushing transgender content, to, little, children, five six seven, eight year olds and a group, of, parents said hey. This is wrong a group of parents And, they included Catholics. They included, muslims they said we don't want, our school indoctrinating brainwashing our kids that that you think it's great to be. To be transgender you, think it's great like if you're a boy one day you think. You're a girl it's not the school's job to tell our five year olds. That's your ideology and so they sued and the, school, board said basically go jump. In a lake we're going to, indoctrinate your kids and you. Have no right, and on appeal the well the district Court and The court of appeals both both ruled against the parents and said they. Had no right and it Went To, the supreme Court And the supreme court six' three upheld the right of the parents to opt. Out of that curriculum, and, the court said quote because it has long recognized the rights of parents to direct the religious. Upbringing of their children the court concluded that the parents are likely to succeed on the claim that the board's policies unconstitutionally. Burdens their religious exercise alito wrote the majority opinion for, a six' three court and they said that parents' rights are violated when the government quote substantially interferes. With their children's religious development and so this is a. Great, protection for parental rights look parents ought to be in charge of what is. Being taught to their kids it's also a. Great victory for religious liberty if a parent wants to teach kids that, to embrace A radical agenda whether, on lgbt or anything else a parent has. A right to do that but the school system should not be in doctrining children and particularly young children kindergarteners is. What this case was about and so, this is a big victory three big, victories for our, constitutional rights for common sense and all three of them were Six' three out. Of the spring court.
Speaker 1: SIX' three massive massive. Win there i just am so thankful you talk about elections having. Consequences and these fights are, worth it. These are three Massive Changes major victories and remember these supreme court. Justices were picked years or decades ago, it's why president's elections are so, important because when things like this happen you need a conservative court that actually looks at the law and. In terms of it the right way and this is where all that hard work for so many people that went out and campaigned for. People like you and others paid off so congrats to, everyone listening the votes in these, elections and this is why you know. Elections have consequences and presidencies have legacies and this, is finally where we're seeing some major major victories that are protecting the rule of law and protecting parental, rights as we. Just went Through there and protecting Kids, Don't forget We do the show monday wednesday and friday hit that subscriber Auto download button on. This fourth of july week as well be safe and. Have so much fun with Your family. Will be back here on wednesday morning