Speaker 1: Loud and Quiet presents Midnight Chats.
Speaker 2: Evening listeners a bit of a special Midnight Chats for you tonight. As you know, we usually record these podcasts behind closed doors in the quieter spot that we can find, but on some rare occasions we do head out into the outside world just to see what that looks like before we scurry on back to our little office in East London. Back at the start of September, we headed to Lama Tree Gardens in Dorset, which is the picturesque home of End of the Road. Now if you don't know it, it's an amazing festival and I particularly enjoyed this year, not just because the sun was shining and that at Loud and Quiet we got to kick the whole thing off with the opening night party, which was really fun, but because I got to see so much good music.
Speaker 1: As part of the.
Speaker 2: Stuff that we do with End of the Road, we take our podcast gear along with us, and for the third year running we've recorded an episode of Midnight Chats live on stage at the festival. We nickname it Midday Chats for the weekend because we record it at lunchtime when everybody's easing themselves into the day with a coffee or usually something stronger than that. In the past we've recorded episodes with Anna Meredith and last year Nadan Shah. Both of those are still available to listen to their episodes twelve and thirty three in the archive if you do want to go back and check those out. This year, my guest was Josh T. Pearson. He played on the Friday night on the main Wood stage and joined on Saturday lunchtime at the Piano stage for this conversation. If you don't know Josh, he found cult fame with the Texas based band Lyft to Experience in the early two thousands. They made the seminal post rock album Texas Jerusalem Crossroads, and then split up and did separate things. Josh went away promised he'd grow a beard until he made a second album, and eventually emerged a decade later with a very Big Beard and his first solo album, which was Last of the Country Gentleman in twenty eleven. But to bring things right up to speed, he returned this year with his second solo album, The Straight Hits, which marked a different sound and a different, clean shaven appearance for Josh. This came as lift to experience, played their first show together in fifteen odd years at Guy Garvey's Meltdown in twenty sixteen, and they also did Primavera Sound in Barcelona this year. Just to paint the picture of this podcast you're about to hear, a few hundred people gathered at the Piano stage, which is located in the woods at the festival and is decorated like an old person's living room with lampshades and vintagey chairs and obviously a piano. Josh was running on rock Star time and arrived triumphantly about two minutes before we started recording this on one of those festival buggies that you see because his keys player had a broken foot. Josh had a cigarette in one hand and a glass of white wine in the other and settled in for this conversation. I'm fairly confident that he'd had a late night before, and he was putting the blame squarely on his vegan sound guy who smokes a lot of weed. Apparently. Anyway, as you're about to hear, Josh is less of an interviewee and more of a storyteller. What my mum would have afectionately referred to as a bit of a character. This is one of the more unruly episodes of Midnight Chats that we've recorded, but also one of the most honest, endearing, and entertaining. But just quickly before we get into that, if you didn't catch Stu announcing the news on the last podcast, we are now officially available on Spotify, So if you prefer to listen to your podcasts on Spotify, you can now search for us and you'll find all the old episodes and all the new episodes that we make over there. So let's get into the conversation. Thank you and the road festival. Thank you, Josh T. Pearson. Thank you to all of those who came to listen and those of you listening now. Of course, this is Midnight Chats episode fifty seven. Please were you joined me in welcoming Josh T.
Speaker 1: Pearson?
Speaker 3: Yeah, thanks, I'll blessing almost sort of.
Speaker 1: Josh, you already said that you are feeling.
Speaker 3: Night. Yeah, yeah, I'm good. I'm a professional. I'll be up and ready in a couple hours.
Speaker 1: How was the show last night? You played there?
Speaker 3: Nobody died. I was happy to hear that I had a whole team we've been doing They got a new record out Smash Hits, and we just put a band together a couple of months ago. Real quick. I have a new band a couple of weeks ago. These one off shows are kind of hard because you just kind of get everything going and then you just stop. So about halfway through the set, you're like, that's pretty good, let's do it again. But two weeks ago we played Larude of Rock, which is in some malo in Brittany, and we pricked practiced with a new drummer on Thursday, Alie from the Duke's Spirit, and then a new guitar player on Friday, Laurent who was a Frenchman, and then we played Saturday right before Patty Smith, which was pretty cool. We fist bumped oh way out. I was pulling for Patty Cakes, but she wasn't having it. I'm kidding. None of that happened except they're playing before Patty Smith and the practicing anyway. Yeah, so it was good. Yeah, but I feel if we did it again it'd be better. Now it's a big stage. I was thinking we were doing the garden stage. I was just telling the stories. I was in my head in my practicing, and I was playing the garden stage and just killing it, you know, and let me get to the wood stage, like shit, this is a little bigger. I wasn't fair for this, but I think it was okay.
Speaker 2: Y'all.
Speaker 3: People don't move around as much, and it's nervous because this is my fourth time here, and I love y'all. I recognize a bunch of your faces and feels like family. So and it's a new sort of a bit of it partuy from the last of so I was happy that people were there.
Speaker 2: You did something that I've never seen anybody do before a show, which was that about fifteen minutes before you started, I was walking up and I could already hear your voice and I was like, as Josh, come on stage early, but you were playing your new record through the PA system and using us as guinea pigs.
Speaker 3: Totally, absolutely, that's what I was doing. That's called controversy. It's a punk rock, keyht comedy album that nobody wants to touch for some reason. I think it's a hit. That's great. Comedy is to be a lot in country stuff, but I don't know anyway. I've recorded over a year ago. That's great.
Speaker 2: Is there a song on there about when I arrived, there was a song that was referencing like Instagram and Twitter and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: Is that right? Yeah, there's one Facebook for life. It's just about I mean, it's a silly story about a guy who gets a Facebook message from an old flame twenty years later and he's married and it interrupts the family flow. Wives haven't none of it. And I'm modern. I mean, it's it's silly and lighthearted, but it's touching on a bigger, greater catastrophe and we'll we'll never say goodbye again. It's just such a completely different world now. Partying is a thing of the past.
Speaker 2: You know, are you social media fan or you generally don't want to touch I.
Speaker 3: Think it's I mean, it's the best and the worst. I was kidding yesterday with the Instagram when I said, y'all ever heard of Instagram? It's killed me. It's it's just I wanted to make my I put my handle that Josh. I wanted to make it Josh de Pearson officially sucks at Instagram, but they're too many characters, so I made it Josh T Pearson officially rules because I couldn't. I don't have enough followers to get the actual official thing, you know, so maybe y'all should follow me and then I could just be official.
Speaker 1: You need a blue tick, Come on, people.
Speaker 3: I think I think Instagram is really the panopticon of the modern age. It's it's like the actual apple, the belly of the beast when we're I mean, we're really in the midst of creating any species. And the next twenty years are going to get You think this twenty was crazy, the next twenty you're going to get just so wild. I think they put singularity at around mid thirties, twenty thirty six, thirty eight, something like that. But it's gonna it's going to be a crazy interesting time. And I really do think that something like Instagram really is biting the apple and tasting, tasting the fruit, and there's you have all knowledge of good and evil. You can't look away. It's it's really something.
Speaker 2: This comedy album that you've written, when and what you said you made it? You wrote it about a year ago. Where were you at that time? Why did you want to do make that album?
Speaker 3: Well? I actually i'd been kind of toying with it for a few years and writing a lot of silly paper stuff. I write all the time. I just never put out because I'm Christian, you know.
Speaker 2: The people.
Speaker 3: So and when I was at the election in London at the what do you call it, American Embassy, and I don't know if y'all got the memoum, but Donald Trump won and a friend invited me, and there's a bunch of left wing liberals there, you know, of course, because if you're in London anyway, And because of the time change, it was like four thirty four in the morning when the return started coming in, and all these liberals have been drinking all day, really delicious wine, and they knew that Hillary was gonna win. They just knew that. They knew that was the reality. And when the reality started switching, like oh good god, this cannot be happening, it was like night of the Living dead, you know. And there were just there were like packs of women in corners weeping, like hands in the air, like this cannot be happening. Like, man, this is really getting serious. You know. America just elected a gambling casino owner. His sole purpose is to make money off the weakness of man and have a sort of flesh what do you call contests with women's based on their aesthetic feeling only things that they had nothing to do with anyway. Well, this we got to do something about this. And it was an interesting response. I'm an American, I really I had never really felt that before then fell in allegiance to it. It wasn't xenophobic or jigorist or anything like that kind of until then. It's like, with this information, this confirmed bias that we're in with technology is getting really serious, where you're just your realities are becoming so separate and there's you can't even talk about you can't have a dialogue. And so part of the controversy stuff was trying to use humor as a device just to poke fun at all sides, and we need to be able to talk about this. Yeah, this is this is serious and kind of break down some of the social constructs. There's one song and they're really proud of called boy Names Straight, which is like my my modern version of boy Name Sue. And then it's about a Rednick who gets really drunk one night and he goes to the bar and this other Rednick is there and kind of looking at him, and he's not really sure what's going on. I think he's kind of hitting on him, and they start playing pool, and he wakes up the next day and he's alone in his room and there's broken glass everywhere. His butt's real sore, and he's sore all over. Sorry kids, and Broke Back Mountains playing on his computer on repeat, and he has what he calls a Texas Angel crisis. He just doesn't know what happens. And there's a little twist at the end, really playful and silly, but I really think that, you know that old adage, if if you want to speak the truth, you got to make him laugh, you know so, And then something in the last ten years are spent more time investing. When I came out of that last of the Country Gentleman thing, I've been so focused on just introverted to bear and down this really heavy uh, taking all the energies upon you. And I'm trying to turn the corner where I try to tap into humor more. And that seemed they say that's the hardest art for him. So I don't know if I'm getting there, but I think with some of those songs, I arrived at a good place. And if you can make somebody laugh, even if I realize I'm burning down the whole thing had before, like integrity and stuff. But if I can make somebody giggle and feel good, like that feels all right. Laughter, It really is the best medicine and it heals people.
Speaker 1: And you go back to Texas often.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've been in Austin for a few years now.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's where you're based right now because you live.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Austin's not really Texas, but you get to say you're from Texas and then be in this little liberal bubble where people read books and stuff and eat healthy. It's awesome. They say, you have Austin and you have Texas all around it, and that's the altrue. There's four man cities in Texas, Alice, Houston, Austin, and San Antonio, and they're you know, pretty liberal and urban. Then you go ten twenty minutes out and it's just rural stuff. So it's split down the middle demographically as the rest of the country. Houston's I think it just eclipsed Chicago for the third biggest city, you know, and we don't even think about Houston up and Dallas for worth You forget, it's in Texas. So it's New York La Houston used to be in New York, La Chicago, Houston anyway, somewhere. There's twenty eight million people in Texas. It's just a little bit bigger than France, which I like to remind French people when I'm there. So Ray, Yeah is Ray?
Speaker 1: How is Texas the days? Because let you say it's.
Speaker 3: At yet, it's really hot. It's like forty degrees right there. It's so hot. That's how people are crazy. It's just the weather is relentless, you know, it's like religion, flat land with in more of miss skies and then forty degree heat, which one hundred for us. That just makes you crazy. Yeah, they stay indoors a lot. We use the air conditioning. God bless America like to provide economy, you know, generate luck of energy and stuff. I always do that thing with my friend's always bitch about gentrification and stuff. I don't play devil, not Devil's advocate. I'll just I'll use these coin these phrases that are in their skill set with gentrification and say, man, this can't believe another new thing moved in here. And then I'll say, like man, I like all this life and this growth, you know, it's nice to see movement, and yeah, people healthy. Anyway, the whole world's flipped over man gentrified. It's really something.
Speaker 2: Who's seen lifting experience in the last couple of years.
Speaker 3: Bless are the rest of you. Where were you then when I needed to would have another chance to see that? Maybe that makes us an offer we think that going on fumes. I don't know as demands. You know, we got offered one gig this year at Primavara, and we were so thrilled, honored. Twenty years later, it's just such an it's an honor. It's honored to have you all here. There's no five year plan here. I'm I was not surprised to be here at all, and I'm really grateful for the joke I say. I'd like to think each and every one of you, So if you could just form a line here on the left, I'd love to. Yeah, we'll do it, how much?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, where's my chat book?
Speaker 3: I mean, it's only these gigs. It's just we have men. I mean broke even you know which putting out the remix. We worked really hard that year to the remix it and extensively on the graphics and stuff, just to kind of have it as I originally wanted it with a big foldout, and I think we almost broke even It's just it's labor, it's love, it's our for artsake, you know. But we were toying with the idea. I've definitely have songs. We had finished half of the next record before I went a little crazy. But we'll see what's around on the bin. I'd like to see what happens with the comedy record. Yeah, Like if I could tickle America's fancy and like really kind of win them and then you sneak up behind him with this really scary ass shit, that'd be awesome. That's crazy. I like when people change, you know. I just don't know what's coming out next in life and in love, and that just keeps it exciting. But with art too, it would have been selling out for me to make the same kind of record. I have so many heartbreak songs, staggering stuff. But I needed to try this other way for a second, just to kind of burn down myself, to not be stifled or drafted by it. But that wasn't your question at all.
Speaker 2: When Lifting Experience went and played Guy Garvey's Mountdown in twenty sixteen. That was obviously your first show in a long time. Was it simply the invitation that prompted doing that again or thinking about it?
Speaker 3: Yeah? And there were men, know, we had enough to go our separate ways, and they were real soul issues involved and were kind of corrupted this section. We were at a couple of us. I think it would have formed our our nature or spirit that we kept on that path. So it was important to call it quits, I think for the greatest experience in life. And we had rounded those corners and dealt with our issues and we were on speaking terms again and like, yeah, this is let's try this. It's fun. And there was the offer there because it's a public festival. They had a budget that would allow three men and separate states, to separate countries, to get together and practice for a couple of weeks and then fly us over higher the gear as international flights and pay for the you know Lee from Leeds for his him and his marijuana. And we had a light guy. Uh. That was awesome. They'd really treated us like stars at that little uh at the Royal Festival Hall. What's a I love South Maccenter. It's one of my favorite. I played all those rooms, so it was really nice and I'm glad we pulled it off. It was a lot of pressure because it's such a boutique, little niche band, you know, and we had fallen over here in Europe on two thousand and one, but even in Texas it's just like I know, it's the small demographic, So there was a lot of pressure on us to play as well as it was in the minds of the people from twenty years ago, because it was really a special thing, and we realized playing those teams like this is really special. We just worked so hard on those tunes, beat them up for a year, and just put such grace in between the notes, and it was really a joy to revisit. It was like time travel going back to that place in your head, you.
Speaker 2: Know, emotionally. What was that experience like of getting the three of you back together. Was it a bit of a roller coaster or has it been because you obviously like, say, you did Primavera this year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's man, it's neat really buddies and they would spend a few years to ge this, so it was just like with your childhood friends again, and he's doing great. He's in Portland making wine. That's why I couldn't be at these JTP shows. He makes this organic wine. It's really delicious, you know, it's really cool without the soul fates. There's no hangover. You can just drink it and drink and drink it, and then you wake up and you feel awesome. No one tells me shit, I started smoking four months ago. It's so stupid. That's quit for ten years. It's a terrible drug. It's awesome.
Speaker 1: You know what about read editing some today so much.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you what it is. It's that you can want something more than anything else in the world, like twenty times a day and get it, like I want more than anything right now, and then you get to get it and you get to do that like twenty times a day, and it's the worst and it's just awful. They're so bad for you. Where the kids went? You always feel guilty you spoken in front of children. It's neat how innocence brings out things you shouldn't be done. You know, I quit drinking for seven years, seven of the worst years of my life. Mom, I didn't raise no quitter stupid. Thank you all, Good night. Sorry I interrupted you again.
Speaker 1: You went back and watch the old YouTube videos. I did a story lift experience.
Speaker 3: The thing was, it was so long ago. There's like no no one had cell phone cameras. There's like so little footage, like I don't know what we're playing, and they trying to google it. Like there was one video from a show in LA and for some stupid reason, Thank the good Lord, this guy did a close up of my hand for like thirty minutes. He was being artful, you know, like this is awesome. It was like, that's what that chord was. And here's another thing that's kind of interesting, some of the parts because it was so intricate, so many little parts he played just one time. It was you know, composed really specifically. And I couldn't get a couple of things. I was playing acoustic running practicing, and then I couldn't get it until I plugged in the pedals. And I guess because the way the synapses are connected in the brain, and it would start coming back to me because you're hitting all those things at once, and as we link things together in our mind, as we do with language and stuff. That's pretty cool.
Speaker 2: And the experience now you're obviously out on the road performing you know, solo material. You've been, you know, playing shows in the UK regular the last couple of years. It's been a number of times in your career where you've kind of to the listener's here, kind of disappeared off the radar and gone and done your thing. How important is it to do that, to get away from things and work on things in isolation and then come back.
Speaker 3: Well, it's more for that was just me, the inward journey. I was never like a part of the system or rock and roll. I mean I didn't put out a record for ten years. That wasn't an accident. I really specifically chose to go this other way of introversion and introspection. And just like if I were to put out good records and you be part of that system, then you lose a different sort of life path. People treat you differently. And then I wanted to explore everything of poverty and even I say fame, even in that sort of level, Like I wasn't willing to pay that sort of I couldn't afford to pay that price, you know, in my own growth. It just couldn't do that. And I felt like I rounded a corner where I kind of gathered enough of what I needed to experience and then I can put that back. So now I would love to put out and I was gonna put this into the universe. If I could put out a record a year, or two records a year, I definitely have the material. But it may just be time too that I'm I'm older, closer to death in my forties now, and you want to see a physical mark. I don't know. I don't know. I don't know why I do anything, truthfully, but it's not without concerted effort. And I ride every day, and even just for you know, self help. I try to write a little something each day. It's not for a lack of songs. But if I could try to put out a couple of records a year and make some people smile, that'd be really neat, neat for me. But if I help, there's still time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what kind of person are you? Are you a planner or do you just let things happen? Like do you know where you're going to bed?
Speaker 3: I mean the last fifteen years like of this. No, I've been in a suitcase for years. The last few years I've been more stationary I used to could float around like I went to Berlin for two weeks and stayed two years, you know, led by the like a spirit walk for fifteen years. And then I'm trying to transition that off a little more. It hasn't happened yet, But these shows, like booking two months in advance to kind of the longest I've ever booked a show. Actually, the Lift show was the most advanced we'd ever said, I will be at this place and four months from now, you know. So I don't say that as a good thing or a bad thing. It was just, oh yeah, it was what it was.
Speaker 2: How is it felt to put down some roots again in Texas for the moment at least nice?
Speaker 3: It seemed like I've spent maybe six seven years in Europe on and off, two years there and then they go back to the countryside and complete isolation and go back to Europe, and it was kind of nice in those foreign countries because Man needs community. No, Man is an island all that, But you could be around community in a foreign country where you don't speak the language, but you're still around people, so you're not taking out of your headspace with all the simple you know, mundane stuff people say all the time on that tube or whatever. And I was like, and she was like, and they were like, you know that sort of thing. So you can be alone and still be around people. But the last few years I kind of felt a call toward home, like to be around the familiarity of my youth and the humor. Really, the you can say one line even just in a certain inflection and it's agreed upon that, you know what it is Actually that two years in Berlin without going back to the States, where you really started to feel just like a foreigner. And after that you're you're a foreigner everywhere. You You're never never at home. And that was really neat to feel like a foreigner. I need just to developed other levels of compassion and understanding. And it was interesting, like I grew up in Texas, never learned these Spanish that took French for some dumb reason because I attracted to art, crap and stuff. There are no French people in Texas. But after two years, that one two year stint straight, when I came back to Texas, the first thing immediately it's like, shoit, I even learn some Spanish, and a lot of Spanish people like just without even thinking about it, and got some Spanish books. Just pleasantries, you know, making them giggle and laugh and make them feel wanted and helped that they're not alone. And it means a lot. And I always still try to do that. Like in London, you always learn how to say thank you in like ten different languages, just to tell the whatever. The Polish girl behind the counter chinquia, you know, they light up, just say they're working hard. And if you go to another country, did to get a job like that sucks? Anyway?
Speaker 1: What things? What do you take?
Speaker 3: I wasn't your question either. It's talking freestyle Lee man, that's marijuana. Dang.
Speaker 2: What kind of things do you really enjoy about the lifestyle that you live at the moment, because no.
Speaker 3: I mean I'm tired. It's really the people you meet along the way, along the journey. And especially with that kind of boutique stuff. When I was doing that more performance art where it's just based on the live show, the only people that were coming were real fans. And there's a good quote by h. John who's that filmmaker in Baltimore, The Little Mustache. John Waters is a filmmaker filmmaker in Baltimore Boutique Films, and he was asked a question about family. He said, Well, the good thing about being at my level, if anyone recognizes you on the street, chances are high that if they recognize you for your work, they're going to be in the pretty cool stuff. So you want to kind of talk to him. And that's that's the blessing of choosing that other path where you don't played by the system and where it becomes your boss and then your slave driver. And I haven't put out a record now and put you know, you have to wait here, blah blah blah and all that stuff. But the people you meet, fellow travelers drawn to those vibrations that are really searching, seeking for some sort of help or to help others to deal with their own life or translate their life experience into something.
Speaker 2: And you've got to meet presumably lots of other bands, artists that you have fans of along the way. You mentioned Neil hall State last night on stage. Who else have you met along the way that you know that's been a real thrill?
Speaker 3: Oh, Warren Ellis. I love his playing so much. He's just a real player. Uh. In the old tradition Nick Cave. I'm a huge fan of his work. Kevin Shields. Yeah, I have been real blessed and honored Dustin o'haller and I love his piano stuff, and I met him before he did the piano stuff. We went first tours together. He was an event called t Vics and uh I was on Belly Union and he went on to put out two of my favorite piano records. Ever. It's been a real neat blessing. You know the people you meet along the way, and then you think, well, I must be doing something right if i'm you get to meet your heroes. I like to meet Bob Dylan, but I don't think that's gonna happen. I never met Willie Nelson. I like to meet Willie Nelson. I actually wrote a hit song. All my friends have met Willie Nelson, so why can't I what's available on YouTube? All my loser friends have met. Well, like anyway, I'd ask the Lord if I could meet Bob Dylan, but I know that he's he's still limited with certain you know. Anyway, how are y'all doing? They're good? It's so happy. I'm so I like, I can't even believe her here it's really neat. Makes me super happy. We're playing here at five fifteen and there's a signing at three o'clock that I say that already a rough trade.
Speaker 2: Would you in these periods where you've not been again, would you.
Speaker 3: I'm not a vegetarian because I love animals. I'm a vegetarian because I hate plants. That's good. I heard that one the other day. I take off my fancy.
Speaker 1: Who it's Texas humor generally like the one nine is like is that is that?
Speaker 3: Like? Yes?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay.
Speaker 2: In the periods that you've been touring and making music and doing this as your like primary job, would you ever go and do another job?
Speaker 1: Like would you?
Speaker 3: Quote, I gotta work construction in between gigs sometimes. Okay, so when you go back to actually had an early neat moment, that's gonna suck for me, and I hate to take it away any mistake. My friends joke because that comedy record management thinks you're going to ruin your career. And then I say that to my friends and they're like career, what career? So yeah, that's a ruined any mystique. But had a nice moment six months ago in Texas where I'm working this construction gig where I'm just clearing the site and then loading a big one of those canisters, those big containers, you know, with all the shit that's around. And I realized that it's thirty years later and I'm doing the exact same gig the work that I did when I was twelve years old. You know, I'm clearing shit off construction sites. I guess this is a neat little loop. That's cool. And I was standing on top of the because I filled the whole container and I was standing on there to rearrange crap to get more so if you know the big like the train containers. So I'm standing there and just start laughing. It's like, this is what you're doing when you're twelve. That's cool. I worked a lot when I was a kid, a bunch of different jobs, and then twenty seven, when lift happened, we started to move. And I was a carpenter before that, so I'm really handy with wood, so that's my fallback stuff. But I also I was clear seater sometimes our friend's dad. It's just it's hand to mouth stuff. Like we did these two months of gigs, and I think we're man I shouldn't say this in front of the band member, but I think we'll manage to get the whole band paid. But I'm not I'm gonna make I mean, I've had five pounds and I got here my card wasn't working. So it's not a yeah, we gotta keep putting You gotta keep putting out records if you want to. You know, you gotta build a profile, building and all that, and I just never did that. So I'm paying for it now, which is fine. I'm happy to be here and happy to pay for it. That's the preceure paid to go with that other route. Working's good for you doing that other work too. You just think, man, I really should be doing music instead of load of trash. After a lyft went well, I went out to the countryside. I was a janitor at this Christian nonprofit. Just donate my time for a couple of years and I fix it. Man. Really good at plumbing too, electricity. I'm not very good at invisible stuff that kills you. Stay away from that, but pretty much everything else, I'm really handy and the you know, really good at chainsawng super good and uh weed eating. I like butter with those electric weeds, chainsaw. I like, I think the trees really tell you what the cut, you know, and they're really grateful once once they're cared for. They really were like in two days with rain. They're just a whole new tree, full of life. Gardens like to be tended, you know, I really do. I hate plants. I played this festival See Changed a week ago. I played alone and there was a place called dark dart Teen Tin Darting Tin Hall. It's awesome. It was really old. But they said they had gardens there that have been kept for a thousand years. And I started laughing because I can keep a garden for a week. That's not good. I got better ones.
Speaker 1: Should we finish the podcast with? Should we finish with a joke?
Speaker 3: I don't know? You got one? Oh man that told all the good ones yesterday? You know what they're Willie Nelson wanted the chickpea joke. Let's say the willing Nelson for the podcast. There's children here though, Oh yeah, okay, let's say don't answer if you know what this is the old This is a classic joking text. You all know what Willie Nelson is, right, Yeah, you're all music lover it's good for those of you don't. He's in Texas legend here icon. He's in his eighties, a big gray beard, and he's just actually a jazz player that plays country music, but a voice from God. And anyway, so the joke is, ladies, what's the worst thing to hear when you're giving Willi Nelson the blow chop? I'm not really Willie Nelson. I'm just some old guy anyway. Thank you, good night.
Speaker 1: Well everybody join me just in saying thanks to.
Speaker 3: Josh for the podcast.
Speaker 1: Join us in the podcast.
Speaker 3: Thanks Josh, thank good, Thanks my puzzle. Midnight Chats is a Loud and Quiet podcast.
Speaker 1: Music courtesy of gold Panda.
Speaker 3: Search Midnight Chats on iTunes for more episodes and to subscribe. For more information, visit Loud and Quiet dot com.