Speaker 1: Let's talk about Apple versus open Ai showdown.
Speaker 2: You know what, I've been talking about this for a long period of time, and now the four stories kind of come out. So open Ai recruited mister Tan. He spent twenty four years of Apple. He was a VP of product design, and all of a sudden, all the data of how Apple sales, product ideas, etc.
Speaker 1: Goes to open Ai.
Speaker 2: So it's co founder with Johnny Ive. That's already interesting to say the least, but they emailed out supplier Intel. This is going to be one of the biggest issues in Silicon Valley, I think, and his lawsuit is going to be major. And going back to picking enemies, Sam Autman has done a terrible job of understanding that relationships matter, and you pick two of the most powerful people to have as your enemies before you IPO in Apple and in Elon Musk. I've told everyone else be careful what data you put on Chat, GPT, put yes and chat. If you remember me telling you, because I was getting some of these rumblings about them taking data from creators and business owners. But at this skill is insane and it goes back to the character of the founder, like there's a lot of things in that hit piece that you can say we're salacious, but if you go read that book, all of those things are not a lie. Also too, for Microsoft, they're getting some of the blowback and that's why they're doing their partnership now with Anthropic, And you can make the argument they should have just bought one of these companies opposed to just leaning the open AI Apple, even though it all time how today I was looking, I'm like, Apple probably would have been at seven hundred if they would have got this AI race. But picking the right partner is everything. And whatever the founder character issues are, they're going to bleed into the company. So just to let you know really quick. And they're giving Oracle some issues as well. In the last seventy two hours, they had a safety quit, they were sued by the New York Times top executive departs, they shut down their browser tool left in nine months and sou for trade thus by Apple, and then their costs selling product to China against sanctions. I keep telling you there's a lot of tech companies in the United States of America that are being spies allegedly for China or highest bidder.
Speaker 3: That felt like a perfect segue because this is an interesting time. I'm going to read a quote here from kind of a person who is in that alleged spy mode.
Speaker 1: General's name is Chang Lu.
Speaker 3: He was allegedly utilized undiscovered authored uh other than Cache and Bug on an unreturned Apple laptop to access shared network folders. He allegedly downloaded dozens of highly confidential hardware files, including technical specifications for unreleased products and proper preparatory circuit boards, leaving messages mocking Apple about what look what I found. So here's here's the crazy part. This suit happens at an interesting time.
Speaker 1: Right. We know that open ai You see what I want with Yeah? Time is everything. Time is important.
Speaker 3: So we know open ai is supposed to what was supposed to IPO some way here in the next few weeks that has been pushed back.
Speaker 1: Interesting timing, John.
Speaker 3: I've also has left Apple to join forces over at Opening Eye Houston, and we covered it here. But Apple suing them about trade secrets tells me a few things. It tells me they know something or they've seen something that they want to get a happy.
Speaker 1: Because ip is in question. I want everybody to do.
Speaker 3: This is the homework assignment tonight, Ian, this is a homework assignment I'm giving out on your behalf. I want everybody to search project Sweetpee, open Ai, project Sweetpee.
Speaker 1: Why is that important?
Speaker 3: Because second half of twenty twenty six, open ai is going to not only release more software, they're going to release their quote unquote or alleged hardware product.
Speaker 1: What is it?
Speaker 3: There's a few, There's a smart glass that allegedly is on its way, a digital voice recorder, and a wearable pin. Right now, we're starting to look at how we're going to use AI going forward in the future. Will it look like this right or will it look like a small device that can just be attached to you. If open ai can get ahead of that and be first to market with that, the innovation is going to be there.
Speaker 1: How many users will you have?
Speaker 3: I think Apple knows that this is coming, and because they know it's coming, let's get this out there. Let's get off the end and let's put this suit out there. Now, this is all just a complaint, right There still has to be something that has to be proven.
Speaker 1: This isn't in terms of too many documents.
Speaker 2: And now to cut you off if you're going to steal data from one of the largest international companies.
Speaker 1: How about you not touch your friends about.
Speaker 3: It or mock the people that you took it from. Less Yes, allegedly, the timing of it, the idea of what is coming down the pipeline. I think that there's there's a lot more to the story and we're going to see a lot more. But again, that talks to leadership and also talks about poaching from talent. Right, the fact that John I've left tells you that, Okay, Apple from an innovation standpoint may be lacking. But open Ai maybe where the future is now. John I brought his company over in terms of innovation. He brought this company over to open aim. We should be looking for a product within the next three months, a hardware product, not just a software one, not an update, a hardware product from open Ai in the next I would say three months.
Speaker 2: And open Ai took They're saying the number is four hundred. I talked to my friend at Apple. It's more like five hundred and fifty employees I've got poached. And while y'all putting out that mid flip phone the Samsung had twenty two years ago. The other part is Rashott you talk a lot about manager relationships the way that Johnny I've exited when they did that commercial together.
Speaker 1: I said, it's a war. It's a war time.
Speaker 2: So what so that even Elon to get revenge he turned if you go look read this perspectus, SpaceX is an AI company and he did that solely to eat market share from Sam Altman. Now look very soon for SpaceX and Apple to have a partnership.
Speaker 1: The thing that you.
Speaker 2: Don't factor up when you guys want to have a Warren have beef as what if these teams get together and start to wage war against you?
Speaker 1: It's tough. I think.
Speaker 3: I think it won't just be Apple that has a SpaceX partnership. I see that's the next topic. But I think in terms of where we're headed for a compute and what it looks like here and what it looks like in the oral economy, I know, the space economy. I think that that he's going to create a monopoly, what they're all going to need him.
Speaker 1: I think that's what happened