Speaker 1: Help We Suck At Being Newlyweds with Dean Angler, Kaylen Miller Keys, and Jared Haven.
Speaker 2: An iHeartRadio podcast. Hello everyone, and welcome back to an all new episode of Help We Suck At Being Newlyweds. I am one of your hosts, Kayleen Miller Keys, joined by Jared Han and Dean the Angelic Unclert.
Speaker 3: Not just one of the hosts, the best hosts, the.
Speaker 2: Best host No, no, I'm just the I'm just here to make sure you guys don't talk about poop.
Speaker 1: You know, we're just living.
Speaker 3: You're doing a really bad job because we still talk about it every single day. Well, Kaylen, what are we talking about today? Will you just lead this whole escapade? I guess I don't want to apologize real quick. I'm in an airport lounge, so if you hear any noises, just just ignore them.
Speaker 1: What's the airline?
Speaker 3: I don't want to be judged for this, but it's Spirit.
Speaker 1: Not to be a dick. Spirit has a lounge.
Speaker 3: Oh no, no, no, I'm in the Centurion Lounge, which is actually funny enough at Denver Airport, and the Centurion Lounge is right above the gate that I'm flying out of. Which is like in an hour and fifteen minutes, so I might need to get out of here early, by the way. But but no, it's not the Spirit Lounge. I'm sure the Spirit Lounge would be amazing. I actually really do like Spirit as an airline, but yeah, not this time.
Speaker 1: What did I fly? I Flow Allegiant.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're very similar. I like it because I travel light and with other airlines, you know, Southwest is different because Southwest is very nice as well. I love them, but you're paying for certain upgrades like baggage or drinks or food, and I'm like, I don't want any that stuff anyways. Let me just pay for my ticket and then I'll pay for whatever I want in addition to that.
Speaker 4: You know, Caitlyn, would you consider yourself a light traveler or do you travel heavy?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: I've become light because of Dean. We were in Italy for a month and I only packed a carry on suitcase and a little small bag.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we got to get that into just one small bag that you can on your back.
Speaker 2: I was in France and my friend Okay lost her luggage because she checked a bag, and on her way back to America, they chipped her back to Spain. She was on a flight from Spain and they just took it right back to Spain instead of bringing it to Florida. So just to emphasize, you should never check a bag.
Speaker 3: Sometimes sometimes it's necessary, though I get it, sometimes it's necessary.
Speaker 4: But Ashley is the complete opposite of a light traveler. And it makes me so mad because we always have to get to the airport early because she's checking a bag, and she just we could be going for two days and she has to check a bag. She has to check a bag, and now she blames it on Dawson, which is completely irrelevant because she always checked a bag before Dawson. And she's one of these people that she'll check a bag and then she'll take a huge Duffel bag with her or two, she'll have two bags. Sometimes she'll get away with three, which is completely ridiculous, but sometimes she does. And of course we get on and of course there's no overhead bin space, and of course it's just chaotic, and then we have to go get her luggage.
Speaker 1: Afterwards.
Speaker 4: I'm like, can you please just bring a backpack and a small bag. Let's get on the plane, let's get off, get into the car, and get on our way. But no, it's a whole thing and it's annoying.
Speaker 3: What about when you when you guys went to Italy for your honeymoon, and like, what did she travel with then? Because in Italy there's like a lot of narrow, steep streets with like cobblestones and stuff, So how did she get around there?
Speaker 4: Well, Italy was a little different because it was our honeymoon, so of course we were there for of course we were there for two two and a half weeks. You gotta check it back, makes sense, But it was uh yeah, dude, it sucked just dragging these staircase they excuse me, these suitcases upstaircases and on these cobblestone roads, and you try not to look like a tourist, but of course we're walking in and I have, like my iHeart Italians.
Speaker 3: Shut on.
Speaker 4: I didn't have that, but I might as well, carrying a map, trying to get to the hotel, lugging these suitcases behind us on cobblestone roads, mostly probably arguing with Ashley because at this time, at this point, I'm tired, I'm exhausted, I just want to sleep. Trying to find the hotel It's amazing how traveling is just the least amount of fun until.
Speaker 1: You get to the destination. Maybe maybe it's different for you guys.
Speaker 3: But well, yeah, no, I mean except for when we flew them all these we like we're first class or something like that. That's nice. And I think you guys were first class on your flight, weren't you, Jared, We.
Speaker 4: Were first class on the way to ITAA, Yeah, which was really nice.
Speaker 2: That's what we're trying to do for our honeymoon because I feel like you're flying on your honeymoon, you want to be first class, but first class tickets are like ten grand one way.
Speaker 3: Yeahsane, it's not worth it, but it is nice when you get the lay down beds and you wake up, or you get to the destination fully arrested, not fully arrested, but like more than you would be otherwise.
Speaker 1: Are you saying where you're going on your honeymoon?
Speaker 2: We don't even know yet what we're going to South Africa.
Speaker 3: I mean we've talked about it, but we haven't done anything about it, so we still don't technically know where we're going.
Speaker 2: Okay, we're going to South Africa unless we change our minds.
Speaker 1: Unless hello, boy has a change of mind.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, I mean that's where I want to go. But you also wanted to go to Maldives. You wanted to go.
Speaker 2: No, no, Dean, Okay, that's a bad memory. Just let me talk. Dean has bad memory and forgets like half the things that he says. He was like, hey, I've been thinking I like kind of want to go back to the Maldives. And I'm like, okay, that's like the epitome of a perfect honeymoon destination, so should we just go back there? And we talked about it, and then I bring it up to him like a month later. I'm like, hey, got us a hotel for the Maldives. And he's like, what, I don't want to go to the Maldives.
Speaker 3: It's not that I don't want to go to the Maldives. We've already been there.
Speaker 2: But you were the one who put it in my head. I was never thinking we'd go to the Malies Fair honeymoon, and you forgot you said that, and then you were like, you're crazy.
Speaker 3: I never said it's just the epitome of a of a honeymoon.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, You're just You're like totally ignoring the fact that you said you said that and then you didn't.
Speaker 3: I do kind of remember you saying that because the way that you got me on board with the idea of going to the Maldives, which is your idea, by the way, not mine, because because you said no, Kaitlin, you brought it up and I just I simply agreed with you. You said that we could go to Sri Lanka afterwards, which has been on my list for a long time now, so that was what kind of peaked my interest. But I do think it's a long way to go for a place that we've already been to, you.
Speaker 4: Know, so we're going to South Africa probably, But you booked the hotel for the Maldives. Can you just cancel that thing? It feels like a whope, hotel for the Maldives is not he.
Speaker 3: Didn't bok it.
Speaker 2: No, I didn't book it. I just found what, yeah, like a trade deal.
Speaker 3: I gotta say too. And back to the luggage thing. When we were in Japan, I wore the same pair of shorts every single day and I probably only wear wore three different shirts. I'm going to just start bringing backpacks with me from now on, wherever I go, Like we're going to ball in two weeks, I'm literally just going to bring this little backpack with me and I'm just gonna test it out and see what it's like.
Speaker 4: The problem is it all depends on what kaaln breaks, because sure you could pack light, but if she's checking the.
Speaker 1: Bag, you're weighing in line anyway.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, you're absolutely right. And in Japan, for instance, I was stuck her heavy bag around because the hotel I booked was half a mile from the train station and it was late and it was a lot of blocking, and so then I was like, just give me your bag. I'm just gonna do it for us anyway. So this way, at least, if I do that, I'm not bringing my back in her bag. So it'll all even out, I think eventually. But yeah, we'll see how that goes.
Speaker 4: There was a guy in uh there was a guy in Italy who carried our bags for us. When so we brought our bags down the stairs at this hotel that we were staying in, and it was probably about one hundred and twenty steps. It was a long way and they were wide steps too. It like these were one of those steps where you had to put step two or three times before, Yeah, before you can get to the next step.
Speaker 1: Dude.
Speaker 4: So this guy he looked like Ivan Drago, except a little bit skinnier, and he took both of our check in bags that were probably about fifty pounds, put one on each shoulder, and carried them one hundred and twenty steps. We watched the entire thing in awe, and I was like, I'm very escalated right now, but also I'm not tired.
Speaker 1: So thank you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's great, that's why they have them there. I gotta say one of my biggest pet peeves in life is sets of stairs where you have to step twice on the same stair and so every downstep that you're using the same foot, and especially on long staircases like that, every downstep I have to like step down with my right leg and then I'm like, oh, my left leg could step down a couple times when my lef leg's getting a little jealous, maybe my right legs getting a little tired. It makes me so rationally frustrated. I don't even know. I have no idea.
Speaker 1: Why why do they build staircases like that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, just double the amount of stairs, No, no, No, just build their staircase with a regular with stair and then do like a flat walkway up near the top.
Speaker 4: Yeah, makes no sense to me. They maybe it's too It's like a marketing ploy. So you're like, you only have to go down sixty steps, but then they don't tell you that the sixty step is actually gonna take you three hundred actual steps.
Speaker 1: Right, No, that's your it makes sense.
Speaker 3: Probably onto something, right, you're onto something there. Well, great episodes so far, you guys kill What else are we going to have about today?
Speaker 2: Well, I want to talk about wingwalking that you did last week? And did you watch vander Pump last night?
Speaker 3: Oh? I haven't, but I did watch the finale or no, I watched Scammed of All and I watched the first episode of the reunion with you. I'll watched on my flight. Yeah, any juicy details you want to spill?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, can you tease?
Speaker 2: It wasn't that great? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I was.
Speaker 2: So it's a three part reunion and the second part was last night.
Speaker 1: How long is each part?
Speaker 2: An hour? They're really dragging it out, So the last one is next week and they said the last five minutes are insane. They're like spilling something nobody knows what it is, and they are giving the cast members the decision. They're like, wait until you hear what this is, what this like big bomber dropping is until you decide if you want to film next season. So I'm like dying to know. And last yeah, last night, they didn't really give anything away. It was like Raquel, the one who cheated on her best friends with her best friend's boyfriend, she sent this other girl a seasoned assist they were going to court, and so that she dropped that last episode, And honestly, that's like all we really got.
Speaker 3: We didn't get much, not a season desist, the restraining order.
Speaker 2: A training order. Yeah, sorry, sorry restraining order. And then Scandaval kind of like lost his freaking mind and was like yelling at producers and telling them to f off, and we just like saw a different side of him that I feel like we've seen, but like, I think he didn't expect for them to air what they aired last night.
Speaker 4: Has vander Pump always been this way or is it now just gotten to a point where it's so dramatic because of what happened between Raquel Tom and then whatever the other girl's name is Arianna.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but yes and no, I think TikTok and social media has definitely put it like making this bigger than it normally would be.
Speaker 4: I've never heard because Vanda Plunt has been on for so long and of course rules, but I feel like it's it's it's, for lack of a better word, climaxing right now.
Speaker 1: I mean it's speaking.
Speaker 2: I also just realized I said Macon. I meant to say maked.
Speaker 3: I noticed you said Macon, and I was like, that was.
Speaker 2: My brain's not working. But no, okay, So Vanderpump, it's been going on for ten years. Watched it in COVID for the first time, and this there's like a pattern of this. So this girl Stoss used to be honest, she cheated on or was cheated on by her best friend. So like this is like a pattern of behavior. This has happened so many times. But I think they've been together for almost a decade and it was her best friend, so it happened before. I think it's like the fact that they were together for ten years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've said this on the podcast before.
Speaker 4: Ashley made the analogy that it would be like Sean Lowe cheating on Catherine with like Andy Dorfmann, you know, like big players and be like, oh my god.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: Also, speaking of Andy, she just got married, Yes.
Speaker 4: Your day.
Speaker 1: I think that's why she is on the mine Cora.
Speaker 4: Congrats Dandy, not to make accusations of cheating with Andy Dorman.
Speaker 3: Already beautiful wedding, I'm sure, Yeah, it was beautiful. Yeah, I'll watch it on the flight, So don't you worry. I'll get home and I'll be all caught up.
Speaker 2: Next week is the week that you know, it all comes up.
Speaker 3: And the next week comes soon end, and they're gonna be like, but actually we got twenty minutes of behind the scenes footage your gun. I want to watch next week on vander Pump Rules.
Speaker 1: So what do you think this big bomb is at the end, Kaitlin.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm wondering. And I saw something on Instagram today of like someone saying keep this synonymous whatever, and she said that she thinks Raquel has been sleeping with Tom since she was engaged to not that you know these people, but James, and she broke up her engagement with James, and Tom was supposed to break up with Arianna, but he never did, and that just doesn't seem like people would quit the show over it. So I don't think that's it.
Speaker 3: That can't be true. There's no way. I mean, maybe it is. That would be incredibly like out of this world, though, I feel like, right, because they've all just been saying seven months or however long it's been.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I think that Lisa vander Pump, that's like the only thing that would make people not do the show again is if Lisa knew this whole time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's true, that's true.
Speaker 1: Do you think people would really not do the show again?
Speaker 2: No, No, they'd be upset, but they'd still do it, of course, Like their paychecks are massive.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean unless they're at a point now where they don't care about money, which I can't imagine they do they're at that point at least.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, if Tom Brady still cares about money, These people still care about money, I know.
Speaker 1: It's very sad.
Speaker 4: Though he posted, there was an interview on Sports Illustrated where he was like, nope, guys, I'm done, I'm not playing.
Speaker 3: But hey, part owner of the Las Vegas Raiders.
Speaker 1: Yeah, go Raiders go to Vegas? Really?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I now, wait, Tom Brady.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he just did like a couple of weeks ago. I think he announced it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So does that mean you're a Raiders fan?
Speaker 4: No, but of course I'll like now I have a rooting interest in the Raiders because now I want Tom to succeed. So i'm i'm, I'm Now I can watch Raiders games with like an investment level, which is pretty cool. Uh, it's so funny poor Buccaneers, Like I could care. I could give a rats as the Buccaneers anymore. What if the big bomb she's not like pregnant with his kid?
Speaker 3: Would that be?
Speaker 2: They speculated that too. It's just like, what would people quit the show over? Like, they wouldn't quit the show over that they already know that they've been sleeping together. So I don't know. Lisa vander Pump is the only thing that I think would make people like that upset.
Speaker 1: Why would people be pissed off if she knew, Well.
Speaker 2: She's supposed to be like this mother figure, she's supposed to be like this mentor to them, and it is just imagine this. I don't know. I guess that's a good question.
Speaker 3: No, I agree with you, Kyle, and I think that if it were to be true and Lisa was like harboring this information and not sharing it with anyone, like, you know, even I think in the first reunion episode, I can't remember who it was, but she was mad. I think it was Tom for saying that she was mad at someone for not for saying that he was or her was happy to get out of her wake, you know what I mean. And so like they kind of look at this person as like the person that's kind of helped them establish themselves, and then now you know they've leaned so heavily on her, and then for this information come out, and again I'll speculation. Obviously we have no idea, but I could see that that really is a bigger bomb, of course than a pregnancy, I think.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And so Lisa has invested a lot of money into Tom Tom, which is named after obviously both Tom's and then I don't know if she invested, but she was like had a hand in their second restaurant. So she has invested quite a bit in terms of money and time. So it would make sense for her to hide that if she didn't want it to come out.
Speaker 4: And one of the Toms named after Tom Tom's is the Tom that is being a douchebag?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well both Toms suck, but.
Speaker 3: I just looked it up. So on on the Scammed of All episode.
Speaker 2: It's scanned aval. He keeps saying scam. It's scanned of all.
Speaker 3: Oh, well, scammed ofval makes way more sense. What is a scaned of all? Well, his name is Sandoval, right, I understand that, But what is a scan? A scan? Is a scan? Is nothing?
Speaker 2: A scam can be down myself, but I'm pretty sure it's scanned of all. It's scann of all.
Speaker 3: It should be scammed a scandaval doesn't make sense. Adding the sea doesn't make that.
Speaker 2: See what used in the chat?
Speaker 3: Oh okay, well now I sound like an idiot. Can we set it all that out? Anyways, in that episode they were talking about their Yelp rating. The other time they didn't do the bad things, maybe other bad things, but they had a four point nine star review on Yelp, and now I just checked it down to three point five. So he's not good for them.
Speaker 2: Not to keep talking about this. I could talk about it for hours, but Dean and I went to a friend's house and we got into the most heated debate. I think there were like six of us talking about Scanned, of all, and the men had a different opinion than the woman, and it was just.
Speaker 3: What was the debate? I kind of don't really remember.
Speaker 2: I don't want to say with the first half because I totally and I don't want to say it publicly.
Speaker 3: Okay, I think I was. I think I remember now, and I remember saying it because I was like looking over at you and you were like getting all crazy at me, and I was like, I'm just kidding.
Speaker 2: You're looking for a reaction, and I gave it to you fully. But you guys like Schwartz, and Schwartz is a terrible I won't say it's a terrible person. On which one's one that you think is handsome?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, he is handsome, that's what he has just.
Speaker 2: Been such a horrible person to his wife. His wife's also messed up or ex wife. But it's like, and granted you haven't watched a show and we talked about this, but it's just been consuming our lives.
Speaker 1: Who's lives, our lives.
Speaker 2: It was consuming the hours at the party last weekend.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I well again, I was just I was just trying to be funny, silly, goofy guy, trying to make people laugh like I usually do, and I was I was doing pretty good.
Speaker 2: No, you were making everyone angry enraged.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but then I would like throwing a couple jokes and make them laugh and be like, oh, actually, pretty funny guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sure, I want to know what you said.
Speaker 3: I don't even remember, and I don't think I want to remember. It sounds like, so that's a good thing. Do you remember falling in love with the guy. He was the funniest guy I've ever seen in my entire entire life. No, Trevor, oh so obsessivate. He would like he would like, go somewhere. I was just like falling around like little puppy dog, like schenging out with me. You're so funny and makes me laugh so much.
Speaker 4: Right now, dude actually gets upset at me when I'm when I like fall in love with the guys, Jared relax because like, I'll joke around with my buddy Chad and uh, because we're we you know, we're very close. And one of my friends, Crystal was like, you guys are like boy toys, so we always call each other boy toys. Now, like, it's my boy toy right there, and it actually gets so weirded out, Like Ashley, I'm joking.
Speaker 1: Relax.
Speaker 4: She's like, no, it's just weird when you call them your boy toy. I'm like, it's not a sexual thing. I'm joking. I'm I'm I'm being sarcastic. Like and then so now I just say to even piss her off more. Yeah, I'm like to get a reaction. Yeah, different, I just missed my I wish my you know, boy toy was right here sitting in between us.
Speaker 1: She's just like, Jared, that's so weird. I'm like, oh, shut up.
Speaker 3: It's a good thing, you know, to develop friendships this late in life for us, it's not an easy thing to do. So when you find someone you like, hold on tight.
Speaker 1: Yeah exactly, I know. What are you gonna do?
Speaker 4: Well, we do have a great episode, obviously, we're talking about vander Propper rules. We could talk about all that all day and all night. We do have some emails. We haven't done emails in Qui. It's some time here and help we suck at being newlyweds. Have we done emails since the rebranding of the podcast, or was that like a suck we have Oh okay, all right, never mind, I thought this was like a.
Speaker 2: You weren't there that episode?
Speaker 4: Oh okay, So now all three of us are here for the email episode of Help We Suck At Being Newlyweds. We have an email from Brooke, Victoria Alyssa, unfortunately none from anonymous, our favorite Nick viol We're gonna get to those emails, though, but first we're gonna take a quick break. Welcome back to Help We Suck At Being Newlyweds. Dude, I it's I must be allergies. I can't breathe through my nose, so talking while trying to breathe through my mouth is just so annoying right now.
Speaker 3: Worse than that, do you get tired? I feel like you run out of breath.
Speaker 4: I'm I'm exhausted, and then I can like, I'm I keep turning my head because I'm like, oh, yeah, guys, good topic. Yeah No, what's next? What do you guys want to talk about? Because I'm like, it's like so annoying. It's annoying, and I feel like my voice is changing. Anyway, we have some emails.
Speaker 2: Should we talk about Dean's wing walking?
Speaker 1: Oh? My God, I totally forgot about Yes.
Speaker 3: Wow, Caitlyn, it's good to know that someone on this podcast cares about me and my life and the things I do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but before we talk about you, I'm still not over that the fact that I said making and maked I meant to say made. And my brain just isn't working today, and I want everyone to know I'm not stupid. It's just a slow day for me.
Speaker 3: I can't remember this exact context you said it in, but you said I don't want to remember, no, And then I was like trying to think of like it made sense, Like no one really noticed except for us, obviously.
Speaker 2: Except for everyone that's trying to break it down.
Speaker 3: I was like, oh, she was trying to say this, which basically is what she said. You just like said it in Yeah.
Speaker 2: Anyways, I haven't been able to let it go since I said it.
Speaker 4: You know what's the fun The funny thing is is that Dean and I say stupid shit on this podcast, probably on average every ninety seven seconds. Caylin says a dumb thing for the first time in the history of her host of this podcast, and now she's like.
Speaker 2: It's consuming me.
Speaker 1: It's consuming me.
Speaker 4: I can't let it go, and I need to let everybody know that I'm not as dumb as Diana Jared.
Speaker 2: But you know, you know, when you listen to a podcast and someone says something, you're like, that's not a word. I like, focus on that, And now I'm focused on myself. Anyways, it's not important. I just feel silly. But I do want to talk about your wing walking.
Speaker 3: Oh, let's talk about it. What do you want to know about it?
Speaker 2: Tell us everything, walk us through the wingwalk.
Speaker 1: Were you tethered to the plane at all times?
Speaker 3: Yes, there is a static line on. I know it's not as exciting as it maybe could have seemed. I think I edited the video well enough to where you couldn't see the line. God and I even asked when we were like, because you do a couple of run throughs before you go up there, I was like, Hey, that static line would suck to fall on like it. You would survive, but you would be mangled, you know, like you do some broken zones and stuff, but you wouldn't die. You would just have a couple of broken bones.
Speaker 4: So, like say, hypothetically, when you're climbing to the wing, because you're tether to it you do slip off the plane? How far would you fall? Yeah, Like, how loose is this rope?
Speaker 3: It's maybe like four or five feet long, So you wouldn't be like, you wouldn't be too far below the plane. I would imagine you could pull yourself back up. I have no idea.
Speaker 2: Did they go through that in your safety brief, like here's what happens if you fall?
Speaker 3: I asked them, and I was like, hey, how many people have needed the tether there? Like, how many incidents have you had? Like We've had zero people fall on this, So it's like, you it's there for a safety reason obviously, Yeah, but yeah, I was thinking, because you go up, it's like, so you're in the seat and the anchor point is like kind of above you to the left, but then when you're on the wing, it's below you into the left like a good four or five feet, And so if you were to fall, you would fall five feet to the anchor point and then five feet further like bouncing off the airplane the sharp wings and stuff. So I just imagine you I would be like I would You probably could get a concussion and get knocked out or whatever, but thankfully it was not necessary for this, but yeah, you just do a couple of practice runs. And then I showed up an hour late and so shocking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, wait, what do you mean practice runs?
Speaker 3: Like the planes on the ground, And they're like, this is how you climb up and this is where you go, this is what you do, this is the sequence of events you need to do to get up up there safely and effectively. And there's only one plane and there was six of us, and so you know, it's like forty minutes between each person to go, and so I got there an hour late, and they were like, we were trying to decide the order, and I was like, I want to go first, and everyone's like, yeah, we all want to go first. You were shut up, so you should go last. And I was like, oh, I wish I could argue that logic, but I can't. So I just had to sit there all day and watch these people go up and come down. And it wasn't that bad. I guess you're waiting, but it was a blast. I think if anyone has the chance to do it, they should definitely do it. It's it's just kind of expensive. Them swiping my card kind of killed me a little bit, but it was.
Speaker 1: To give us a ballpark. I want you to gas first, Yeah, how you how long are you up in the air?
Speaker 3: Maybe thirty minutes? On the wing? For like fifteen or twenty minutes.
Speaker 4: I can't imagine. It's too expensive. I mean two thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, you must be guessing way too high because you know that it's it's expensive.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, that's why I was like, I can't wait. So how it killed your I don't know. Eight hundred dollars.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I say exactly how much it was. Eight hundred dollars, which for a thirty minute it's basically like for a thirty minute roller coaster ride.
Speaker 4: You know, it's way more intense than a roller coaster ride and way less what's the word. Like, you're not able to do it as much as you're able to do a roller coaster. So I get why you'd have to pay decent amount money, especially for all the safety features. Plus the pilot per hour probably costs you a lot of money.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the pilot, the training you're there all day, the fuel, the way on the plane, the fuel. They gave me a nice little SD cards, so I got to keep that. That's like a fifty dollars that's nice to they give you, like a hat or anything.
Speaker 4: That would be a nice little added bonus, you know they should have, but they yeah, nice a little piece of merch a shirt. I survived wing walking.
Speaker 3: But yeah it was fun. I mean you could just crawl up there and you put your feet in these little stirrups and then you give the guy the thumbs up and then he just starts going crazy. He starts doing flips and barrel rolls and hammer heads or what they're called, where you fly straight up and then like banks over the side and then you go straight down towards the ground.
Speaker 2: Would you do it again?
Speaker 3: I would do it. I would for sure if it was free. There's two things you can do. So you can go up on the plane, like on the wing like I did, and then there's a sec like an alteration where you can go out like towards the tip of the wing, and then like between the two wings you can like hang in the wires there like you're on your stomach so you're like flying through like Superman.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it'd be cool.
Speaker 3: It looks so cool and I like just test her in at once just to see what it was like. And it feels so cool. I can only imagine what it feel like while you're actually flying. But that was like an extra four five hundred dollars and I was like, that just doesn't just I mean, But then I was like, oh, I'm probably gonna do this once, like I should just splurge to do it. But then, like I was, I felt so bad about spending hud dollars on it. I was like, I can't spend any more money on this, so I just did the one.
Speaker 4: But your feet are the only thing locked in. You have like a waistband that you put on, okay, and it was scarier there. He's like on like the third loop, I think he went like bigger or slower.
Speaker 3: Or something like that.
Speaker 1: Did you get a little air?
Speaker 3: I felt my feet come out of the stirrups and like my hands were out like this, like you know, like a like a cross the whole time. And that was the one time where I like wrapped behind me and tried to grab on because I was scared of I was gonna fly out, which I wouldn't have. I kind of panicked a little bit. But but people of like all shapes and sizes were there. There was a girl who was like five foot two, and then the guy who was like six three, two hundred and ten pounds, like a bigger guy. So it's definitely like anyone can do it, you know. It's it was cool and exciting and very very awesome. But it's not like you have to be a certain caliber of adrenaline junkie to do it.
Speaker 4: You know, would you say, what what has more adreneraline adrenaline? Uh, skydiving or win walk wing walking?
Speaker 3: Skydiving by a million percent.
Speaker 2: Because you're in control of your shoot or why.
Speaker 3: Every time I'm on the airplane skydiving like about to jump out. Every single time, I've got one hundred jumps, so really not that many, but a lot more than most people. Every single time I'm riding up in the airplane and I'm like, I'm gonna I'm going to die, this is the end of my life. And then you just jump out of the airplane. And you have to really have to make the decision at some point to be like I don't care, Like not that I don't care that I'm going to die, obviously, because I don't want to die, but you have to, like, there really is a bigger mountain to overcome to push yourself out of the airplane than there is to get on top of the wing. So definitely skydiving. And then one of the guys, actually the big talk guy, had like five thousands, five thousand skydives and I asked him too, I was like, how does it compare? And he goes, bro not even close. So, h Klin, you've skydived. You could definitely do the wingwalking.
Speaker 2: I'm good, I think, yeah, I'm good on that.
Speaker 4: How many how many jumps do you have to have in order to skydive on your because Caylen, I'm assuming you'll you'd have to get attached to somebody.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm attached zero jumps.
Speaker 3: Your very first jump ever in your entire life could be fully solo.
Speaker 4: There's I don't think that's legal, no way.
Speaker 2: But you have like three people next to.
Speaker 3: You, yeah, like controlling your body because you don't have body control at that point. You might some people do, surely, but and then like they don't pull their parachute until they've seen you pull your parachute. So like, let's say you can't find your parachute or something, or you're in a free fall and you can't get out of it, they'll like rip your They'll rip your parachute out for you, and then they'll just pull theirs out a little bit lower, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: What if you get detached from the people, that's crazy.
Speaker 3: They're such professionals. They would know how to contort their body noise to catch you. Like if you're if you're like sparrel rolling and like flipping through the sky, you're going to move a lot slower than someone that's like head down die bombing at you, so they can get to you way faster than you could.
Speaker 1: But also your moving object.
Speaker 4: I mean, that's very as you're free falling towards the ground. I mean, I get that these people are professionals, but you're telling me if I'm doing spins in three sixties because I can't control my body as I'm screaming and flaring around like Dawson getting his diaper change, you're telling me that as I'm careening towards the ground, there's somebody who's gonna be able to.
Speaker 1: Grab my parachute and release it for me mid air.
Speaker 3: One hundred percent, they would come in super hot. They'd probably smack you pretty hard, but they would they would grab your body first.
Speaker 1: Oh great, so I'm also gonna get a concussion in this.
Speaker 3: Thing, but you're gonna lift, and I think the most important thing that like grab obviously your body kind of probably try to like level you out, I would imagine, and then rip your parachute. And at that point too, since you're just learning your parachute so big, like two or three times bigger than it will be once you get good at it, that like you could literally just not even touch anything and land safely on the ground. So it's pretty safe.
Speaker 4: I'm not saying you guys should do this, but I think also would make a great video if you guys jumped out and then Dean was the one who.
Speaker 1: Had to pull your parachute.
Speaker 2: Kalb, I'm good, But you should go with my grandparents. Haven't you been talking to them about that for a while?
Speaker 3: I should go with your grandparents. I was just texting Tom earlier. Did they actually oh sky diving?
Speaker 2: Yeah? My grandparents haven't been in like twenty or thirty years, but they keep telling Deane they want to go with them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, not to be morbid, are you nervous about them dying, Kaylen.
Speaker 2: No, my grandpa is like he's eighty, but he is more like a sixty five seventy year old.
Speaker 3: He's a young eighty as got a young soul, which is good.
Speaker 1: Even a young eighty, i'd be nervous about.
Speaker 3: I remember seeing some articles, like a couple of months ago, the oldest person ever Scott I was like ninety eight or something like that. Damn, I can't I can't remember if that's true or not. But yeah, I just wish Justice never moved away. He's the reason I would always go skydving before. And now he's gone, and so I don't jump really bunch anymore. It's gone forever. But yeah, that was my wingwalking experience. Kaylin, thank you so much for bringing up. I really appreciate it.
Speaker 1: I hate you both. So before your plane board, do you want to answer some of these emails?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've got a good I got ten minutes, fifteen minutes.
Speaker 2: There's a question about alistair, so we could talk about that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's read that one first from Brook. I'll let you guys read it because there's a lot going on around here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Kaylen, you can read it all right, so from Brook Hi, guys, I have a question for Dean and Kaylin. You guys mentioned on a recent episode that Alistair is a total nightmare and people don't feel comfortable staying in your home. Can you give me more details on what he does that's so bad as long as you feel comfortable sharing. I'm writing from Chicago as a rescuer of two small naughty dogs who both see a canine behavioral therapist their prescribed daily prozac and also Xanax for when life gets too hard. I'd love to commiserate with you, well wonderful, because having a misbehaved dog is awful. Like Pappy was an angel, He would never have like bitten anyone. We could like walk them off leash. He was just so perfect little yeah yeah, well at the end, at the end when he had dementia. But Alistair is so sweet to us, like he's he's just like so cuddly and loving, and to anyone else, he's just so protective and he'll like bite or nip or he likes to go after dogs on walks, so we have to like keep him separated, and anytime he's around a person, I'm like, don't get near him. Don't pet him. I don't care if you're a dog person, like, he will bite you. And we had we got him trained. We worked with a trainer for a few months, and the trainer gave up on him. He told us to give him back to the pound. Wow, just so messed.
Speaker 3: Up, I told him and never text us again. Yeah, yeah, I was mad. We were friends too, and we were like, we got a tattoo together once and then he texted me that and I was like, just don't even ever bother showing your face around here again.
Speaker 2: I do think we've gotten it down to a science where it's like we have him on leash during walks, we'll like separate him if there's like a dog on the other side of the sidewalk, we'll like, you know, make sure there's a safe distance. We tell everyone not to pet him, like I think that's just the way he will be. He also has like four teeth left, so once he has no teeth, it'll be nice too, but only gums.
Speaker 3: So he I've diagnosed him. And I read this email before coming to the airport because I wanted to answer it. Well, so he has leash aggression, which like whenever he's on the leash and he sees another dog, he'll be pulling on the leash, lunging at the dog, barking all those things. And then if you bring him up to the other dog, he'll like spite and an attack and all that kind of stuff. He also has submission aggression, where if you are over at our house, he'll like kind of keep his distance, but occasionally will come up to you and like lay on his back and show his belly, like offering you to pet him. And then the second you lean into pet him, hill bite your hand. So what I've noticed with him is I just took him on a week long, two week long trip to Idaho and Colorado when Kylen was in Europe, and didn't have him Mono leashed once. And Kylen's probably gonna die hearing this. Didn't have Mona leashed once at the campsite. When he thrives outdoors. You know how happy he gets when he's outside, didn't have a mono leash, and there's like a lot of people around, a lot of dogs. He would run up, get excited, run up, maybe bark a couple of times, sniff the dog, let the dog sniff him, and then just like kind of saunter back over.
Speaker 2: He my heart is racing hearing this right now.
Speaker 3: So he's so much better off leash and outside. Like I was maybe a little concerned at first, but then very quickly I realized that he is just like he wants to wander, and I think that's what he gets angry a is he feels confined when he's on a lesion in the harness. One thing I do say, though, like if he's off leash and we're walking around, like and he runs up to a person and there every time they're like, he's so cute, Oh my gosh, he looks like a little teddy bear. I'm like, yeah, he's cute, but do not pet him. Whatever you do, do not pet him.
Speaker 4: Don't you get nervous when he runs up to and you have to like scream at this person like.
Speaker 1: Don't bo don't look at him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just say, don't pet him. I just say, don't pet him no matter what. And the nice thing about taking him camping is, Caitlin, I'm sorry, let me finish. The nice thing I was taking him camping is most dogs that go on these adventures camping and stuff are like big athletic dogs and so like, even if he did act up, he would get put in his place really fast. And I think it could be good for him to be, you know, learn a lesson.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's gonna get punched the face.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, everyone's got a plan to get punched in the face.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say two things. The first thing is like he'll never just like go out of his way and bite someone, which is nice, Like we don't ever have to worry about that. We can add people over and he'll never bother them. It's a second you touch him and he realizes it isn't us that he goes to bite. But then if we leave them with the sitter, if we leave them with the groomer, like whoever it is, he accepts that new person as his owner. And whatever dogs they have or animals they have, he like accepts them as well. So it's weird.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's weird. And kudos to Brook for doing like the prescription medication thing. Yeah, we've thought about that a little bit as well. I personally want to do everything we can to avoid it. I'd rather him be fully aware and coherent at all times than to subdue him with medication. And that's just personal preference. I think like, honestly, he probably would be better off with like a little bit of his annex every once in a while.
Speaker 2: But he's like such a funny dog, and I feel like if we put him on Xanax, his personality would be dimmed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like Pappy for instance, we had to give him medication for his seizures and that kind of like dimmed the lights a little bit for him. Yeah, but it's tricky, like at kudos to Brook for rescuing. I think that's great, and I think that you shouldn't let the naughtiness deter you from loving them and then doing it again later on at some point. But it's definitely a challenge, and I do I do agree with you, Kileen. I do think that we've kind of figured out the system a little bit with Alistair. Yeah, but even like you know, I'm outside in our front yard and I'm friends with our neighbor who's got two dogs, and they're all off leash, and they're getting along. They're not like playing, but they're like co existing at least. Yeah, So it's a good sign.
Speaker 2: It's a good sign, all right.
Speaker 4: This The next email comes from Victoria and it says, what are your thoughts when you need a friend?
Speaker 3: Excuse me?
Speaker 4: What are your thoughts when you meet a friend or co worker of your significant other who is the same gender as you and they're not super friendly or care to get to know you. Are you not bothered and just think it's no big deal? Or does it irk you a tiny bit and you get curious if they're slightly interested in your significant other?
Speaker 1: Curious on your take? I know it's super situational.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Ah, well, Jared, you're the only one that has well, I guess Ashley doesn't really have coworkers, but you're the only one here that has a job, So.
Speaker 4: I guess Ashley would be the correct person to ask for this. I don't think anybody's ever. It's also we're in a unique situation that everybody knows me as Ashley and Jared, you know, so it's it's different because we're just in a public relationship. Yeah, but I wonder she did say, you know, I was gonna say, she did say once that there was this girl that came in and she's coming a lot, and she had a boyfriend, and like it was like it was a group of girls, but she was like, I think she wants to have an affair with you. I'm like, Ashley, I got news for you. I don't think she wants to have an affair with me. Like, that's very sweet of you to think, but I don't think that's the case. And in fact, I'm very confident that's not the case. But she even said that, she said it a couple of times. She's like that girl, I think she wants to have an affair with you. I'm like, that honestly means a lot to me because it makes me feel like I'm still attractive. But unfortunately, I don't think that's the case.
Speaker 3: Pape. Yeah, it's kind of a unique situation world, and because we are all known as being in a relationship with each each other, like you know, I've got Kaylen, you got Ashley.
Speaker 4: But from past experiences, I mean, we've all had jobs where we've worked with other people, So I think, I don't know, maybe they just don't like you, maybe they're not you know that.
Speaker 3: The situation I can the only situation I can think about is when I didn't even meet the guy. I guess, but Kylen was on a trip in Florida and you met that guy that was like really hitting on you super hard.
Speaker 2: Oh god, that was awful. That guy was like a rare breed too, and I think that's part of his brand. But then there was that time, Yeah, just call him out.
Speaker 3: I don't care. I don't even care if he oh way, but I think he's a douche. Chase he was like on too hot to handle or something.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, damn it. I thought we were talking about Chase from Bachelor. I was like, damn, this is some hot tea right here holding too hot to handle.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do you guys mind if we look this up? Pretty juicy stuff, Chase.
Speaker 2: Too hot that he's like kind of known as a you know that.
Speaker 1: Guy, Chase the more football player. Hold on, I'll show you a picture.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that guy exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah wait this guy, uh huh. I mean he's got more followers than Deans.
Speaker 4: So like, I don't know, Kaylon, Yeah, right's he's got a real chance.
Speaker 3: No, he I don't know. It's fine. I don't want to dwell on it too long, but he just he like was in a boxing match recently and he down the guy and he was like punching the guy as he was on the ground and it was just the worst displayer sportsmanship I've ever seen in my life.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, but there was also that girl in Mexico that didn't quite care that we were in a relationship. I feel like they're they're what girl? Honestly, I don't even know her name, but I wouldn't say it if I did. She was knocking on your van door.
Speaker 1: Oh that was that girl.
Speaker 3: That was that was weird and it was okay.
Speaker 2: I was just about to say to Victoria, I think, like my advice is killing with kindness and eventually they have to accept you're in a relationship. They can either be friends with you or not. And then I was thinking about that and it was really hard for me to be nice to her. I was still nice to her, but it was very hard for.
Speaker 3: Me to be You just pulled an ouncer and like avoided her, and then if you did come close, you got a little That's funny. I totally forgot about that.
Speaker 1: Did you have to deal?
Speaker 4: I feel because Dean, let's be honest, Dean was a a hot commodity.
Speaker 3: You can call me a boy. It's fine.
Speaker 1: No, No, that's not what I'm talking about.
Speaker 4: I'm talking about like a hot commodity, Like, I'm sure there was a lot of girls with a bachelor who had Dean on their list of like, this is the guy that I want to date, this one guy.
Speaker 1: I want amount of.
Speaker 2: Girls myself included that have slid into Dean's DMS. He's like, oh that girl DMV, Oh that girl DMV.
Speaker 4: Did you have to like kind of deal with that early on when you guys first started dating, like people being like, oh damn it, like before it gets too serious, I need to see if I can still shoot my shot with Dean.
Speaker 2: One in particular that's coming into coming to mind. But woo uh yeah, I mean, and I think you know, girls probably still slide into your DMS and tell you that they'd be better with you than me.
Speaker 3: But no, no, it's just nice, nice people that ask for photography tips or band tips or construction tips. Uh. They're They're not trying to holler at me. I promise you that. But I think in the beginning, sure, yeah, of course I guess. But whatever, you got the big prize at the end of the day, so congratulations, a bigger But yeah, I agree with Kaylin. Kill them with kindness and if they're not gonna like you. They're not gonna like you. You don't need them to like you. Who cares like Sure, it'd be great if they did, But if they don't, whatever, it's no skin off your bones.
Speaker 1: M I agree. Who wants to read the last one?
Speaker 2: I'll read it. This one's from Melissa. I have a question for all of you. I just got engaged and I'm trying to figure out a wedding date. I wanted to have a meeting sound good and be within a good season. We have several days with meeting behind them, but trying to find one those, but trying to find when those days land on a weekend could push the wedding out way longer than we want. How did you all choose your wedding date? Did I have a meeting meaning or did you take the opportunity to have another meaningful day.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm not the best one to answer this question because I want to get married on Tuesday, and Caitlin said no, And so we got married in the worst during the worst month imaginable.
Speaker 2: Okay, but you're happy with it. And I said, we'll get married in October. If you really want to get married in October. There was an open date and you said, no, no, no. Our wedding location is very dependent on weather, and it'll be the best weather in September for Batam.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm just trying to make you happy, not trying to make you happy. I am succeeding at making you happy. But I just figured it was a fight not worth fighting. And I, you know, I kind of say it tongue in cheek, where, yeah, I don't want to get married September, but I don't care that much to that point, to that extent where I would go, you know, mess everything up. I guess.
Speaker 2: Yeah. But I think like when you pick a date, you pick like an open Saturday, because typically with wedding venues there's limited availability. So you find, you know, the year you want to get married, the month, and then you find that Saturday, Friday, Sunday, Tuesday, whatever it is, and then that just becomes a meaningful day. I don't know if it necessarily has to be meaningful before that.
Speaker 3: All I know is I'm not going to ever celebrate our wedding anniversary. Oh gosh, I'm sorry, I'm not. This is what you should have known when you chose a wedding date in September I'll celebrate our engagement anniversary, but not our wedding anniversary.
Speaker 1: What sorry, we all know that's not true.
Speaker 3: Well then what do we do I celebrate every anniversary. No, I'm going to pick one, and I picked the one on it that's on the date that I appreciate more than the silly September.
Speaker 4: You celebrate the wedding anniversary and you let go of all the other ones.
Speaker 1: That's why I try to relate it.
Speaker 3: Celebrate the wedding anniversary, sure, but just.
Speaker 2: No by myself.
Speaker 3: You can do something for me on our wedding anniversary. I would love that. And I'll do something very self anniversary, and you don't have to do anything for me on that anniversary. It'll be like birthdays, you know, like.
Speaker 4: Interesting, You're just adding more anniversaries to yourself.
Speaker 3: No, yeah, I see, I could see it how it appears that way, But I'm telling you I'm not. I'm not celebrating a September holiday ever ever.
Speaker 4: So jesu, Yeah, I agree with Calen. The date just becomes meaningful after it happens. I mean, we Ashley and I said we never wanted to get married on a Sunday. We wanted our wedding on a Saturday, and then we saw our wedding venue, Rosecliffe and they were like, well, we don't have any Saturdays available for this next year, only Sundays. And we're like, okay, well we're getting married on Sunday then because we just love the venue so much. So yeah, just kind of get a you know, we get a year, get a timeframe of the year, see what's available, and then the venue you I find is much more important than the data.
Speaker 1: So yeah.
Speaker 4: So well, congratulations Alyssa on your engagement and your upcoming wedding.
Speaker 1: That's very exciting.
Speaker 4: Thank you so much for listening to this episode of help we Suck at being newlyweds, and thank you so much for listening to the podcast in general. Dean, have a safe flight, Caitlin, you keep being wonderful. Don't worry about that little mishap. It probably will never happen again.
Speaker 2: What a word?
Speaker 3: Oh the making. Yeah sorry, if I might even just be cut out this podcast entirely because of the NBA nice here, so I apologize, but thank you guys.
Speaker 4: Not the best, but the good news about us is we know all the flights that are incoming and outgoing in whatever airport you are.
Speaker 3: Yes, and you can Yes, that's fine, though it doesn't matter. Bye, guys, Bye, goodbye, goodbye. We'll make sure you guys tune in next week. We're hopefully we suck just a little bit less. Thanks for listening. Follow us on Instagram at help we Suck at being Newlyweds.
Speaker 2: And email us at Newlyweds at iHeartRadio dot com.
Speaker 1: Make sure to write us a review and leave us five stars. We'll see you next time. Mm hm