Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of the Love is Blind Reune Trend Special. Actually wait, we're getting some oh is it coming technical difficulties? Actually okay, just just hang by, guys, just sit.
Speaker 2: By real quick.
Speaker 3: For how long I really wanted?
Speaker 1: I'm fifteen minutes at most. We're going to need you to have fine.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to tight schedule just for the Love is Blind Reune Trend Special. So Lise, is it now?
Speaker 1: Yeah, just just one minute, he.
Speaker 3: Keeps saying, having trouble loading this content.
Speaker 1: Fast forward three hours and it'll be up tomorrow morning. Thanks everyone for bearing with us live TV ladies and germs.
Speaker 2: Am I right?
Speaker 1: That was a recreation? Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you of the Netflix Love is Blind reunion. It was Netflix's second live events. People were hype. According to the Internet, everybody was very excited.
Speaker 3: I mean I started watching the show because I was like, maybe I'll get it done in time, and then I realized how much. No, there was no way to do it.
Speaker 2: But yeah, so Love is Blind.
Speaker 1: If you don't watch this dating show where couples don't get to see each other for a long time because they're stuck in a black mirror episode, like they're in these like pods. The first season was designed in a way that made it like seem futuristic, but not like now it looks terrifying. This one looks like, I don't know, it's like very angular and red and maybe.
Speaker 3: Similar I think, well, I mean the pods. Yeah, the pods always existed in this I just feel like in the first it was one of those things where the first season felt pure, like they were trying to actually get people, like to fall in love just through a wall, and now it's like, who can we You're like, we're running a fucking syop on you on TV, or maybe you're running a syop on yourself on TV.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I just got into the first episode because I can't miss the reality trash discourse.
Speaker 1: But of course I missed a chunk of it last night, and the discourse was all about where the fuck is my episode? Yeah? Well at eight o'clock Eastern Sunday night, and viewers only got error messages from the streamer. Yeah, and they just kept it real vague.
Speaker 3: I just like that Netflix catching strays like from Blockbuster, Like in their tweets though, like yeah, when they're like, hey, Love is ellipses late. It's like it's gonna be on in fifteen minutes. It was not going to Then Blockbuster hopped in apply says, remember renting VHS is from us, you could start it on time, no problem.
Speaker 1: This is what we got or this is what we get. This is what we get for turning our back on Blockbuster.
Speaker 3: Also, hey, Blockbuster, you had the chance to fucking buy Netflix and you laughed at.
Speaker 1: Them, so like twenty million dollars or something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like in the ynamic of it all, I'm like, oh, y'all really had an opportunity to keep you know, to keep the blue Polo shirts on lock. But nope, nope, no, no. Yeah.
Speaker 1: But part of the reason people were annoyed is that Netflix kept promising that the show would still happen. At first, there were like fifteen minutes, just gonna be fifteen minutes, and then you know, ninety minutes into the weight, they tweeted the people could catch it the next morning.
Speaker 3: I guess, yeah, I love just adding fifteen minutes, about fifteen more minutes fifty That's like me the first time I tried to like cook a dinner for my parents when I thought I had it timed out and it was like fucking They were like, you know what, we can just we can just we can try again tomorrow.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be worth the weight. I'm not up on it.
Speaker 1: People who did see it said it was a reality show reunion episode with all all that.
Speaker 3: That entailed, all the trimmings, all the trimming.
Speaker 1: Yeah, shootings are trending for multiple reasons. There's a shooting in Alabama at a sweet sixteen party and a sixteen year old black child was shot in the head through a door when he rang the doorbell at the wrong house when he went to pick up his siblings.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the house.
Speaker 3: We're just like it's well, my god. Like even the governor in Alabama like they're like not mentioning guns right in the statement. It's like we are gonna we abhor violent crime in our state. And I don't know, man, It's like it is like one of those things like where like on the show we've talked to like how many have to happen in a row right where it's gonna be It'll be consistent enough because what that was like the hundred like almost one hundred and seventy shootings already this year now mass shootings, and you're like, how many you're gonna have to happen in a row where they can even there's even gonna be some kind of actual discussion about this, because now all we have is like Biden being like, Congress has to do something about this, and yeah, I don't know what do you want me to do?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 3: But yeah I don't.
Speaker 1: It's it's just and the responsibility in Congress is like spread out enough that they can all just kind of like, well, we're for votes.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, we're trying and then them and then you know, Diane finds saying like you know, she's like not even around right now because she's so elderly that they can't even confirm judges right now. It's a whole fucking thing.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: But yeah, it's so grim man Like two of the kids that died at the sweet sixteen, like they're about to graduate, and it's like these are it's like fucking the like the purest form of tragedy of young people's lives being fucking ended in this preventable way. And then you have the absurdity and the fucking the nonsense come out of politicians like I mean, this is what we have an opportunity to have more armed cops places when, like we were saying in the last episode, just everywhere. Yeah, our few episodes before, No, it was the one today, more guns equal more gun death. That's like the one thing you can guarantee. There's not like more guns equal fucking power rangers show up and stop the shootings. Yeah. I think it has the same effect of salt, like on your food. Essentially, it's the same logic. It's like, you don't add more salt to make something less salty.
Speaker 1: But what I mean you don't know the secret of saltles actually, like you do to add more salt.
Speaker 3: And cigarettes because I would give you that because I know cigarette smokers. The taste buds are fucking gone sometimes.
Speaker 1: Yeah just fried.
Speaker 2: Just oh yeah.
Speaker 3: The homies who smoke, who like made food for me, I'm like, oh okay, like.
Speaker 1: They're just going to stand why Tabasco puts that little dropper thing on the lid, like you gotta dump that stuff on. I mean, come a bottle and a half to even taste your food.
Speaker 3: What's the war comedy movie with John Belushi's in nineteen forty four is that it's called Yeah.
Speaker 1: One of those years.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And like there's a scene where he's like trying to open a bottle of coke like in the cockpit and he's like bottle opener and he just breaks the neck off of the fucking coke bottle and then like drinks it like that. That's how I picture you put tabasco And like why do that? Just break the fucking neck off and just pour it and just empty it out onto my one egg.
Speaker 1: On my one remains.
Speaker 3: All that to say is there are enough bodies piled up to do something, but we're unable to break our fucking obsession with this shit, and it like freaks me. It just freaks me out more and more, especially now like being a parent too. Like before I'm like, man, I don't know, man, like she could go down. I'm like, fuck, Like it is what it is. But the more you like have those kinds of responsibilities, you really think like what the fuck am I doing?
Speaker 1: Like what the fuck can I even do to send my kids to school? And then like when they talked about like the bulletproof room in the classroom, I.
Speaker 3: Like that like turned into a corner.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like part of me was like, damn, we need to get those in our classroom, because that's where we're at.
Speaker 3: It's to the point where we like the debate is truly like we've become so nihilistic at the at the thought of doing something that like to our point is like, oh is that bulletproof? Okay, that might work because from what I've seen, they're gonna do fuck all about the guns.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, let's take a quick break. We'll be right back. And we're back. And Frank Ocean was the headliner at Coachella third night. I had a feeling it was going to be controversial. It was first of all, the thing that pissed me off, and it's similar to the Netflix thing, is that they didn't post until the afternoon of that there wasn't going to be a live stream. That's not Frank Ocean's fault. I'm sure that was a long standing like there's contracts and shit involved. I'm pretty sure he didn't just like spring it on them that there wouldn't be a YouTube live stream. But I wanted to see it. You couldn't live stream it, so you just get like these minute and a half chunks of the performance on social media. Everything I saw or that was like described sounded like exactly what I would expect and hope for. But like the mainstream media is like that was it the worst concert ever? Friends?
Speaker 2: You know people were doing at the end.
Speaker 1: Because he just had to abruptly cut it off because like the curly yeah, the curfew rule, And he was like, yeah, sorry, I'm being told like the curfew rule means that we have to cut the concert off so that that's the show. And I mean we get a toop more upset about that. But I don't know, man.
Speaker 3: I don't like being right about stuff like this. But remember I was like Coachella is gonna be a disaster.
Speaker 1: Yeah I said, you did say that.
Speaker 3: And it's it like the even like the grumblings of what happened, like there was supposed to be ice rink that like motherfuckers were going to skate on, and then like one of the sides of the story is that like an hour before, Frank was like, nah, I don't want this ship. Take it down right, And they're like we've been like this is the thing we've been setting up for months and it's like nah, nah, nah, I don't want it, and it's like you're you're supposed to.
Speaker 2: Go on in ten minutes. Yeah, and then that caused him.
Speaker 3: To be delayed. It just sounds fucking awful. I think, alongside the fact that you know, unless you I don't know, it just he just seems like one of those people that he's not always giving you the best live performances. Like he's just kind of like an artist that I think just he just needs to make his art outside of like the spectacle of live performances, because like when you listen to his music, you're like, this shit is fucking fantastic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I don't know live performances of his song it's not like dynamic. He's just wandering around stage, yeah like that, but they sound great and like the energy is there, and it's just like cool to see him do it live, which is like kind of what I would expect as a fan of Frank Oshan, Like I'm not expecting him to like go up and like be dancing around, you know, Like that not the energy I expect, and like it definitely delivers something. Is it something that is in line with like the public's expectation of like a Coachella headliner, like where Black Pink and Bad Buddy or the other headliners like definitely not but yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 3: He started playing shortly after eleven pm, opening abruptly with Nova King oh No Vocally. The addition was pitch perfect. The Ocean sat in the middle of the stage with his face hidden in a blue hoodie, his back partially turned toward the crowd. Most of the stage was covered by a massive screen, and fans only got a glimpse of the singer through camera angles of him performing behind it. Yeah, well cool. There were long silent pauses between songs like crack Rock and White Ferrari, with Ocean barely saying anything and keeping his interaction with the audience to a minimum.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, Well, well I'll tell you where I'm not going. Even though I didn't get to see this, I'm not taking a trip miles to Pinney City, which is trending to turn it honest, because one of my spiritual advisors, the CEO of Miller Knowle, had some things to say, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Like Miller Nole. I didn't know like what it. They're just like they make office furniture, that's like their thing. And I was like, oh okay, and the CEO is getting just served handfuls of smoke because she went on a zoom call basically yelling at her employees are like, yo, what happened our annual bonuses? Like that's kind of like factors into my income. And she's like, you guys need to get off this fucking bonus shit. Listen to her. Just come after her employees who are asking what happened to their bonuses when keep in mind her ass got a one point two million dollar bonus in the year before. But anyway, let's just check this. This like little slice of what it's like to work at Miller Nole. Oh wow.
Speaker 4: Talk to them, be kind and get after it. Don't ask about what are we going to do if you don't get a bonus? Get the day on twenty six million dollars. Spend your time and your effort thinking about the twenty six million dollars we need and not thinking about what are you gonna do if we don't get a bonus?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 4: Can I get some commitment for that? I would appreciate that. I had an old boss who said to me one time, you can visit Pity City, but you can't live there, so people leave pity sees. Let's get it done. Thank you, great day.
Speaker 3: Whoa, I have a great day. I love like when you see people continue these like patterns of terrible management, like where she's like, I had a boss tell me I don't fucking matter, Okay, And that's why I'm gonna tell y'all, y'all don't fucking matter. Focus on this twenty six million that we're trying to hit so I can get my mother fucking bonus, and then maybe we could talk about y'all bonus.
Speaker 1: Yeah, anyway, I'm gonna take the bonus first, and then you could maybe get.
Speaker 3: Well, see what's left, See what's fucking left. I don't know what's left. Maybe if y'all hit that twenty six million, we won't have to worry about it. But right now, y'all look like the mayor's of Pity City. And you know I'm Pity City, as we all know.
Speaker 1: Uh, you know, everybody's blowing their money on avocado toast and the rent is too high. If you just moved to a more reasonable neighborhood, uh huh.
Speaker 3: Check making coffee. Make your own coffee. Make your own coffee, guys, thank you, your own avocados, mill your own grain, bake your own bread. What the fuck is going on? I can't fucking do this all the time.
Speaker 2: Have a great day.
Speaker 1: Fox is also trending the dominion lawsuit, which has given us so much good kind of behind the scenes details from these leaks of Tucker Carlson being like Trump is a disaster. What are we gonna do? Everybody? Everything he touches turns to shit, and all the powers that be at Fox just emitting like they didn't buy the like Trump stop the steel bullshit for a second, but then it was like that night they would still have an episode where they were piping it up.
Speaker 2: It's like, we can't what are we supposed to do?
Speaker 1: We just make the content. We don't have anything to do with what is in the content.
Speaker 2: We just just make it.
Speaker 3: We just decide what it is. Okay, what the fuck? What's the problem.
Speaker 1: So people were looking forward to this lawsuit, everybody except Fox was looking forward to it. And the judge just delayed the opening of the trial by a day. And people suspect that Fox is going hard for a settlement, and you know, Domingion is the other side. It's not like this is Fox v. Pro Public, this is Fox via another corporation, And so there there is a dollar figure that will make them say yes, yes, please Daddy, give me more. But it's just such a juicy opportunity, like I would love to.
Speaker 3: Oh to have fucking Rupert Murdoch. There have to say like, yeah, man, we lie.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Right, that's a lie. Yeah, and we didn't believe that. That's a lie. I'm gonna say that because I'm under oath, Like what the fuck? I don't think. I think that's the thing that they are absolutely trying to avoid by settling, because like they love to settle over a Fox. Yeah, they love a settlement. So yeah, I don't know. Well, we'll see, we'll see what happens there.
Speaker 1: I'm hoping, like you would think, Domingion knows how painful this would be for them, and therefore are holding out for a like crippling settlement, you know, like something they would just put Fox out of business because a trial could put them out of business.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're like, well here, if we keep going, h y'all looking like you pay this much? Anyone? Like so what the fuck? Because I know they're suing for one point six billion. Yeah, so I wonder what that how close that settlement gets to. I mean, it's not going to be a bill, but I don't know, maybe it was, who knows. It'll it'll definitely speak to how much Fox News, especially Rupert Murdoch, wants to avoid things coming to light in like, you know, court testimony regarding the business practices of Fox News and how they look at quote unquote news. So yeah, we'll see, we'll see.
Speaker 1: And finally, the CIA has done their work to make the Cocaine Shark, the sequel to Cocaine Bear possible. There's a news story of a two ton load of cocaine that was scooped up by Italian police in the sea off eastern Sicily. So there was apparently just enough plastic wrapping to keep the cocaine from getting wet without weighing it down and possibly sinking. Oh that is good news. But I mean we have what we need here, Folks like this. Yeah, the Cocaine Shark movie is coming a.
Speaker 3: Cocaine dolphin, Like, I don't know, cocaine dolphin sounds more fun.
Speaker 1: Thing like cocaine and sea, where like the whole like an entire sea is.
Speaker 3: Just oh my god, revved up, really keyed up just talking about crypto all day.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: Well, as we do every trending episode, we were just going to close this episode by thanking the CIA for doing that good work.
Speaker 3: Thank you for the good folks at Langley and Langley, Virginia.
Speaker 2: We love y'all, We love y'all.
Speaker 1: That's gonna do it for us this afternoon. We are back tomorrow with the whole last episode of the show. Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourself, get the vaccine, don't do nothing about white supremacy. We'll talk to y'all tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Bye bye,