Speaker 1: Welcome everybody. It is the Fade This podcast. We have been on a little bit of a sojourn. This is I think our first show of twenty twenty four, after our final Bowl show. You know, we were kind of catching our breath getting ready for the March run. So but we wanted to do a Super Bowl show and then turn the focus to the NCAA tournament at least through the end of March, and then after that, I don't know, maybe summer Olympics props. I don't will, but we're going to continue going. Sponsored by DraftKings. We got Drew Franklin. Of course, Billy's a producer. Haven't seen you guys in like a month and a half.
Speaker 2: How's it going? Is the only time we get together, so it's good to see you all. The reports of Fade This death were greatly exaggerated. We just it's hard with basketball. We get very busy and then the spreads come out the day before us. We just didn't know a good system. But the Super Bowl is the right way to do it.
Speaker 1: I still don't really know a good system, So to be honest with you, I'm open to systems. The problem is I can't tape this on Fridays. The spreads usually don't come out until one or two o'clock on Friday. So I don't really know what to do about college basketball now. When the NCAA tournament happens, they'll come out earlier. Conference tournaments will come out earlier. But you know these these these bookies, well I guess not bookies, these odds makers, these odds makers, they wait till the last minute. And I guess it's because they're doing other things. But it makes it, It makes it hard for those of us that are trying to create gambling content.
Speaker 2: And it really just makes you appreciate football season when you know you have all week to look over your lives basketball. It's it's a quick study, twenty four hour turnaround.
Speaker 1: Yes I picked today. By the way, you don't even know this true. The KSR seventeen parlay on the Draft Kings tonight, I went ahead and did it, and so you can actually get it on the on the Draft Kings right now. It has our picture. It is amazing that we have yet to win one.
Speaker 2: It really is. You would think, by sheer luck we would have won one.
Speaker 1: We have yet to win a KSR parlay this year.
Speaker 2: And some of the ones that have been close. It's the thing that's cost us when we built it, it felt like the obvious one just a little bit ago. I feel like, all Kentucky you need to do is cover five points. All the other stuff hit didn't even get that. It's like I feel like we know they're just not doing what we I've told them to.
Speaker 1: All right, well, let me give you the one tonight and see now by the time people listen to this, these games will be over some.
Speaker 2: Good games tonight. I'm excited to hear what shore Oh no, no, but those are not the ones up there. Oh okay.
Speaker 1: I've got Winthrop to beat Charleston Southern obviously, Troy to beat Marshall, Wisconsin to beat Michigan, Auburn to beat Alabama, Syracuse over Louisville, Lafayette over Holy Cross, and then American over l m D. Which is I don't know what that is.
Speaker 2: It's good though. We like to not know what teams are in our parlay. It's not important to.
Speaker 3: M I don't know. But that's what I wanted to ask you.
Speaker 4: How are you picking these these small school games science science?
Speaker 1: These are all money lines, that's all they got to do is just win and it's plus four thirty seven. So I'm gonna go ahead and bet it right now? Are you and Billy? Have you bet it yet?
Speaker 4: I've a I've got to reload the account. The KISSR parlays have taken a.
Speaker 2: Toll on here you're reloading.
Speaker 3: I've got to Yeah, I'm at bottom.
Speaker 1: Well, I just placed the bet. It's gonna be great. Uh, it's this is gonna be the one that hits. When it does, I'm going to say I did this without you all because we've been so bad collectively.
Speaker 2: Could LL and D be Loyola Maryland? I bet that?
Speaker 1: And see the thing is, I knew that Loyola mary Maryland would not win.
Speaker 2: Very good call either that or Lincoln Memorials. That's all I could come up with.
Speaker 1: Which of the which are you the most worried about?
Speaker 2: On that one? I don't think worries the word. With those picks, I don't know. I think Alabama Auburn would be a good game. I like Auburn as the pick, but if Alabama were to upset them at Auburn shot.
Speaker 1: These are all heavy favorites except Auburn. Nowt but you had to pick one that was close, and I feel like Auburn nearly won there, so I feel like they're gonna.
Speaker 2: Win at home if I recall.
Speaker 1: So when that hits tonight, Billy, expect you to take your shirt off.
Speaker 3: Oh, don't you worry about that.
Speaker 2: It'll be you.
Speaker 1: You should put five dollars on its plus four thirty seven, you'd win.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna let you guys hit one and then I'll jump on the bandwagon.
Speaker 2: To go through all fifty losers until we come back exactly right.
Speaker 1: So we finished our football season, Billy, I felt like we got hot there at the end.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: What was the final.
Speaker 1: Tally for the year in football?
Speaker 4: So in the Bowl preview Part two, you guys both went twelve and nine on those games.
Speaker 2: That's that's winning your first of all guaranteed money.
Speaker 1: Twelve you how do you think we funded this studio?
Speaker 4: But go ahead and your final scores for the football season, Matt, you finished eighty four seventy nine and six and Drew was eighty one, eighty two and six.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, Drew loses money. I gotta I gotta go check Billy's math. If it's only one.
Speaker 4: Now, I will say your unders came in overs unders can't. Yeah, then I'm waiting, and then I think you're positive.
Speaker 2: If you have those, we go.
Speaker 1: I would just like to say congrats to myself on winning this year. I think in years past, Drew has generally been better at it than me, so it's nice to finally get one. And the one thing we have it done is go to the Mexican apparel store and buy our clothing to wear to Chaos Bark.
Speaker 2: I had that on my Google calendar two weeks ago. I woke up, you know, pop up, tell me what I got to do that day, my little to do list, and it just said Mexican shopping Mississippi State. And I didn't know what that meant. And then it hit me that was the game. We were supposed to go our outfits and a lot of seasons to buy.
Speaker 1: Each other and out. I was supposed to pick yours and you were supposed to pick mine.
Speaker 2: And we weren't gonna tell Ryan or anyone at the bar. We were just going to show up, which I still going for all right. So I had a thought about how we could do this.
Speaker 1: I want something to look forward to if Kentucky loses in the term right, because the tournament is very depressing when Kentucky loses before the second weekend, which has been every weekend since twenty nineteen.
Speaker 3: Ok.
Speaker 2: This year, hopefully we make.
Speaker 1: The second weekend, but I'd like to do the If we don't, then we agree to dress up for the Sweet sixteen or Elite eight in our Mexican wear. We're just not Kentucky in it. That's just we're not Kentucky in it. It's just a way for us to be excited about something.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm in, you're in now.
Speaker 1: If we do end up winning and going to the to the whatever, then my suggestion is that if we go to the final four, we wear it at least one day at the Final four, it's in Phoenix.
Speaker 2: Let's just go to Mexico at that point.
Speaker 1: Well, that's what I'm saying. We're in Phoenix. I think you fit in when you do that in Phoenix. Right, That's a lot of Hispanics there, and so I feel like we can do that.
Speaker 2: I love the confidence that they were get into Phoenix. Another option, if we get upset in the SEC tournament, we could just have to wear the outfit all around Nashville the rest of the weekend.
Speaker 1: Well, first, the first thing to do is we've got to buy it. So, Billy, this feels like something we ought to do, like social media. Do you know how to operate a camera?
Speaker 3: I mean my iPhone operates as a camera. Do you mean anything other than that?
Speaker 1: I think we should like go buy our stuff for whenever it is, but I want you to film it for use later on.
Speaker 2: So are you up for that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we can make that happen.
Speaker 4: I'll I'll speak with our guys Steven on YouTube and he can give me some pointers.
Speaker 1: But maybe we just get Steven to film it or that too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you could just you could just set that up. Well I like it.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well I'm going to write that down and hold you guys to it, and that we're constantly.
Speaker 2: I just remembered Rick Warren told me after December. I'm good. Hello after December.
Speaker 1: Yes, if you you haven't called Rich, just hit me. I should probably do that, right, So let's Warren on the air. So Rick Warren will be on our show in the next couple of weeks. Because so we're going to do weekly from now through the end of the NCAA tournament and then after that we'll see what happens.
Speaker 2: Is that fair?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm ready to talk to Rick.
Speaker 2: Did you finish it?
Speaker 3: I've got two chapters left, so I'm about.
Speaker 2: So it seems like the pace slowed down.
Speaker 3: I definitely, yeah, left it on the night like a couple of days.
Speaker 1: You weren't quite as purpose driven in finishing the book.
Speaker 4: No, but I feel like i've I've got a few takeaways from it that I'm excited to discuss with him. So it's changed my life to a degree, it really Yeah, yeah, absolutely, like how selflessness thinking about.
Speaker 2: Other people less selfless?
Speaker 3: Maybe not on air.
Speaker 2: Selfish, now you think even more selfless.
Speaker 3: I think about other people's perspectives, maybe a little bit more.
Speaker 1: Can you think of like a real life situation where that's happened, where you're like the old Billy would have screamed or punched someone.
Speaker 2: And knew Billy was more patient.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: I did go to a trampoline park recently, and right there, that's a mistake, and my patients was out of this world.
Speaker 2: Matt.
Speaker 4: I would have told you I would have been screaming at children before, but I felt I felt bad for the park I brought. I had my sister, my brother and sister with me.
Speaker 2: How old are they?
Speaker 3: Sixteen and eighteen?
Speaker 2: Now? So so you're the bigger big brothers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you thought like, I'm going to relate to my kids, sister and brother, We're gonna.
Speaker 3: Go to Yeah, we went to the old trampoline park.
Speaker 1: Is that what eighteen year old him?
Speaker 2: Run around?
Speaker 3: You know, have fun?
Speaker 2: You're talking like they're eight Did they drive themselves there before?
Speaker 3: No? No, I you know, Billy, But I think I showed some restraint in the dodgeball pit when I was getting pelted by children.
Speaker 2: I think that's what Rick Warren wanted.
Speaker 3: That's I think so I wrote about I think it was about community and ballpits.
Speaker 1: Well good, Well, we need to get him on because I actually think legitimately it would make him feel good to think his book had changed people's perspectives.
Speaker 3: Yep, and the Mayor of New Britain too. We're still working on that, so maybe we'll have them on at the same time.
Speaker 1: So I want to tell you a quick story. I I think I told you when I wrote my book that I met the people who also had books come out that day. Remember it was like a week or two. Well, I met them online. So it was a week my book for people who don't know listening. I wrote a book called Mitch Please, which you ought to buy. But it came out like a week or two after COVID, and so all the bookstores were closed, which is the greatest time ever come out is right when all the bookstores closed. And as a matter of fact, the week after my book came out, they stopped releasing new books because they were like, what's the point this so good? There are no bookstores. So the week my book came out was the last week that they released new releases for like two months. So the other authors who came out that day, we kind of formed like a community, a community of unknown neglected books. Now, of course I got fortunate mine made the bestseller list because of the KSR community, but for a lot of people that was unfortunate. So anyway, I've become friends with some of those people. Now here's the problem of being friends with people who write books. They have friends who write books, and everybody wants to send you their book to promote, and I appreciate it, but like, I don't want most of.
Speaker 2: These people's books. You have to pick your own books.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I don't know this author, but it's a friend of one of the people who had written a book there. And I just about once every couple weeks just get a book. I guess I'm on a mailing list and I just get a random book. And this book was called I want to say it was to be called More or something like that. But the subtitle is Living your Life in an Open Marriage.
Speaker 3: Okay, Okay, so that's the book.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I'm not if people want to have an open marriage, Billy, have at it.
Speaker 2: It's not I mean, you're progative, Yeah, feel free, Billy.
Speaker 1: I mean you might want to ask your fiance if she's okay with it, like don't don't do it without her permission.
Speaker 2: But what do I care.
Speaker 1: Here's the problem, though, That book's now in my house, okay, And it was sitting out like on my table, and all of a sudden I realized a couple of people had come to my house and they were like giving me looks.
Speaker 2: That, you know, like there was more to your chapter that they don't know. There's more chapters. Think about it.
Speaker 1: If you were to go to someone's house and sitting on their table was a book it said Living an open marriage, you would go, well, they must be in an open marriage. And if it was like you or hubby, you would gone what is that? But these people, it was like they kind of knew me. They were in my house for like business stuff. And then finally another friend reached out and goes, hey, why is mentioned the name?
Speaker 2: I think you're like the third in.
Speaker 1: An open marriage, and I went, I don't know, And then it hit me they'd been to my house and seen that book. Now I saved that story for here because I didn't feel like that was a radio story. I really didn't want my mom to hear it. But now I got to sit and think, these people that sent me from books, they're leading people to make assumptions about my life. I'm, for the record, not either in a marriage or the other people. But that's you gotta be careful, Drew, when you have free books.
Speaker 2: In your house. I got to keep my open marriage books tucked away so no one sees them. Uh. I don't want to give you more anxiety, but does it? Do you wonder a little bit how far that telephone game went? Like they left her who did they tell? And then who did that person tell? That's parsonly why I'm talking about it is you're kind of shut it down.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because if it's something.
Speaker 1: There is a telephone game going on, someone conceivably will be in the room and go, oh.
Speaker 2: I heard him talk about that, and the next thing you know, you're you're swinging, just all because there was a book that someone saw community.
Speaker 1: So anyway, I uh, I don't know. Now I want to call the person because they were there for like a business. I want to call them up and just go, hey, it's Matt, just so you know, like, yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't even know if you saw it, But I don't even know.
Speaker 1: The person well enough necessarily to make that phone call.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't think you make that phone call. You just let it ride.
Speaker 4: I don't think it's an unfair assumption by him either to walk into some of his house and see that either he must be swinging.
Speaker 1: And I think even if I try to protest it, oh it was a free book. Sure, Yeah, okay, yeah, I guess it was.
Speaker 2: I think you just got to lean into it at this point. You're the open marriage, open relationship guy. It's not in the marriage that is. I think that helps you a little bit. The fact that you're not married, because then they're really confused if you were married and that was sitting on your coffee table.
Speaker 1: I don't think you have a defense, but I think imagine your wife comes home and sees that. So I'm giving it to you, Bill. You know, I'm sid to have both of you actually think you could do it all right? So the Super Bowl is coming up?
Speaker 2: Are you? Are you excited about it? I'm very excited. It's not the matchup I wanted. I don't like the forty nine Ers at all, Like I kind of hate them. Chiefs are just meh. I was ready for some new blood. But now that it's here in front of us, it's our last football game to watch for a while, I'm very excited and I'm ready to get into some of these picks. Are you where are you?
Speaker 1: On the It feels like if the Chiefs win, it's all going to be Mahomes Taylor Swift. If the forty nine Ers win, it's all gonna be like, see brock Perdy is awesome. Which of those narratives would you like the most and the least.
Speaker 2: I feel like we're already in the Taylor Swift Chiefs era. It's not going to change if they win, it's just gonna be going. Yeah, that's like I said, I actually have a hatred for the forty nine ers, So I don't want that at all, not any of the Why do you hate the forty nine ers. I grew up in a Cowboys family, so it started there. Not again. I actually like Party and a lot of the guys on the team. It's just that's one of the logos. We all have them from growing up. Just some logos stick out to you, and that's always been one. Also, last night, knowing we're gonna do this podcast, I was back and forth. I'm like, you have to make a pick before you go on the show. You can't make a pick on the podcast and change it later in the week. And I realized that I bet against the Chiefs in the Dolphins. I took the Dolphins. I bet against the Chiefs in Buffalo. I'm an idiot if I keep doing that. At this point, it's on me. If I keep betting against the Chiefs and losing that night.
Speaker 1: I have bet on the Chiefs from round one for that very reason, bet on my homes until he loses.
Speaker 2: So I'm with you. I can't imagine a world where I bet on the forty nine Ers and the Chiefs win, and I have to sit there and look in the mirror like you idiot, for the third time in four games, you doubted them. So I'm going with the Chiefs for that reason.
Speaker 1: I have, first of all, the forty nine ers. Let's do a little trivia, Billy. Do you know why the San Francisco forty nine ers where the nickname forty nine ers come from?
Speaker 3: No, I'm gonna guess it was something to do with the gold Rush.
Speaker 2: But what do you think that would be?
Speaker 3: There was forty nine people that found gold in the river that one day.
Speaker 2: It was forty nine and.
Speaker 3: That was the forty nine ers. Ever since then.
Speaker 1: They did account. They're like, one of these days we're gonna have a football team. How many people are here? Forty eight ers? No, don't forget Barry over there, and is the forty nine ers?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: The first time gold was discovered in San Francisco was eighteen forty nine.
Speaker 3: I was bright in the ballpark there were you were very close.
Speaker 1: All right, I have another little trivia question.
Speaker 2: I'm ready.
Speaker 1: There are only two NFL team names whose nickname is not a word that is in the dictionary. Forty nine Er is one of them. What is the other NFL team whose whose nickname is not a word in the dictionary?
Speaker 3: Hmmm, Drew, feel free to jump in if anything.
Speaker 2: I'm running through Yeah, I'm running through teams in my head here. I won't make it just be yeah. I don't want to be. I'm trying to talk and also go through the team.
Speaker 1: But you go through them. Forty nine Ers is one. There's another one that is. There are two main dictionaries, you know, Oxford and what and it's in one and not in the other. I mean, if I tell you that and give you the division, I mean, come on, what do you think I'm gonna give you.
Speaker 2: All so many? You're like animal packer comes to mind, but packers a real thing. Packers are yes, people everything. I feel like there's a lot of animals. Those are all real.
Speaker 3: Titan Texans Texan, there we go.
Speaker 1: Texans is not. Texan is not a word in the dictionary. And the one that's controversial it's in one dictionary and not in the other is buccaneers. Buccaneers is in one dictionary, but the other doesn't claim it as a word.
Speaker 2: Right, We've already learned so much on this show. Let's just shut it down. So I thought we'd actually get a little That was good.
Speaker 1: I'm glad you liked it all right, So what's the spread of the game it opened?
Speaker 2: It's been moving around a lot. It is currently Chiefs are a two point underdog. It's been two and a half. I don't think it's gotten to three yet, because I think a lot of people are three is the magic number in football. I think a lot of people want three, but I don't believe it's touched three. I've seen a lot of two and a half and two two.
Speaker 1: Right now, we're gonna play it as if it's two. I'm still gonna take for me. I'm gonna take the Chiefs the uh bet on my homes.
Speaker 2: Until you don't.
Speaker 1: Taylor Swift has a new era coming uh Tortured Poets apartment department.
Speaker 2: Did you hear how she came up with that name?
Speaker 3: By the way, something with her ex?
Speaker 2: Yeah, one of her ex boyfriends. I don't know what Joe was. Joe, Joe who Joe Joe? No, it's his name. His name is Joe. His name is Joe. Okay, I don't know his last name.
Speaker 1: So I guess he and two of his buddies had like a group chain where they called themselves tortured poets, and so she is.
Speaker 2: I like her pettiness. Everything she does has an an extra level of a new meeting or some kind of connection, And I don't know why anyone would date her at this point.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Travis Kelsey, I mean like to think album's coming.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean he's he's asking for it. But no, they're getting married. They better or he's getting he's gonna double disc album. Yeah, they're gonna get married. Did I She does seem to just tear down I'm not in those relationships. Maybe they all deserved it, but it does seem she just burns down the house of every relationship she was in with a song.
Speaker 1: But again, and we're having a conversation that we're not qualified to. I don't know one of her exes.
Speaker 2: I mean who John Mayer, Okay, I know him, she dated him. Jake Jill and Hall got it real bad in a song. She dated him.
Speaker 1: What's the guy that makes out with men and women on stage that she dated?
Speaker 2: Oh uh, Tom Crean, that's a good joke. I don't I don't think she dated Tom Crean, but I would have liked it. Yeah, that just happened before, in like the nineteen oh he's seventy four's or something. I don't have his name. I know what he's saying about she she.
Speaker 1: I think, if I'm right about this, I deserve What is it, Matt Healey.
Speaker 2: I think, I think, I think that's it. I think.
Speaker 1: I read a New Yorker profile of him.
Speaker 3: Yes, Matt Heally her boyfriend in twenty twenty three.
Speaker 2: Matt Heely. So, yeah, the open relationship thing going on, kissing kissing guys on stage didn't work out.
Speaker 1: So I read another article. I read an article in the New Yorker. I talked about this on Case Are a little bit that you know, back in the day, it used to be considered passe for people for musical artists to do private shows.
Speaker 2: Okay, for like birthdays and stuff.
Speaker 1: And now basically the point of the article was, anybody will do it. Flow Rida does like forty a year, twenty of which are bar mitzvahs. But there are only two artists that refuse to do a private show. And of course, in the world of the uber rich, that makes people want them even more and the two are Taylor Swift and Bruce Springsteen. Bruce, they just won't do it. Bruce Springsteen's been offered like twenty five million dollars and Taylor Swift's been offered like forty million dollars, and they just keep saying no. And now people are saying their value just keeps going because like in the world of the uber rich, the question is who can break Taylor Swift and Bruce Springsteen and.
Speaker 2: Make one of them do it?
Speaker 1: And I just find that fascinating, Like apparently everyone else will do it throwing stones, Paul McCartney, You pick the person. They've done it, But the only two that won't are tailor Beyonce's done it, are Taylor Swift and Bruce Springsteen.
Speaker 2: I wonder why they have that rule. I understand not wanting to do it a lot better. I don't feel like a number get high enough. Just go do it and donate it to be a hero somewhere, because it's probably because it seems lame.
Speaker 1: It doesn't say for someone's fiftieth birthday party or something like that, I.
Speaker 2: Give you fifty million, go do it and give that fifty million to a great cause.
Speaker 1: I highly recommend this articles because they followed flow Rider to two of them. They went with him to a bar mitzvah and then to like a corporate CEO's party, and they talked about how awkward it was and how the bar mitzvah was actually much less awkward than the CEO's party because the fifty year olds all tried to be cool and flow Rider would be like, go, but he has to be nice to him because they were paying two hundred thousand dollars for each thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll dance with your kid for a few minutes to take a picture. This is on a much smaller scale here. I comedians do this and they go to places where people don't even have a sense of humor, but they were booked and it's just painful, and they're in a room like I gotta do it, but it's you know, private, corporate whatever. Maybe fade this one, David. They'll start sending us to businesses and have Billy call random states in front of their entire company.
Speaker 1: I've done it a few times, but it's more usually as a favor where somebody's like, you know, when you meet whatever, and I end up always regretting, not because the people are always nice, but just because the days leading up to.
Speaker 3: It, stressing yourself out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like what am I gonna say? What am I walking into?
Speaker 1: But to be fair, that's now at this point for any event where anyone asked me to speak to anything, you know, I have one coming up. I'm not gonna say which one. I don't it's a couple months down the road. But they're like, speak to this group, and I just realized it. Let's act like it's the you know, this isn't it, But it's the Port Producers of Kentucky.
Speaker 2: What do I say? Like, nice job with those pigs, doing great work. Just any questions, keep killing and go cats. So is it like you're expecting to say UK things or pork things.
Speaker 1: They need to say?
Speaker 2: They are always like you do whatever you want, and.
Speaker 5: I I usually go back and go just tell me something like I'll make it work, but don't give me open ended talk to me about pork, Like what does pork mean in your life?
Speaker 2: Maybe Taylor did the Kentucky Pork Producers and that's why she's doing no more shows.
Speaker 4: Floor Rider's got a bank of songs too. He doesn't have to think about what he's gonna do.
Speaker 1: No, he they said, he does the same. He has two versions. You can buy the seven song version and then the twelve song. Most people opt for the seven Yeah.
Speaker 2: You got a terrible kid. If they're like, I.
Speaker 1: Want five more Florida songs for another one hundred and fifty thousand dollars, But you get floor Rider for two hundred thousand dollars and you got to fly him on a private plane.
Speaker 3: Oh, you got to bring him in too on the plane.
Speaker 2: It's fair. How do you expect him to get there? Got probably put him up in a hotel for I.
Speaker 1: Got people with him. He doesn't have, though. That's one of the reasons people like Floorider. He does bring a lot of people. He brings two guys that are his weed guys. What more can a man need?
Speaker 2: No, I mean it.
Speaker 1: Talked about how he smokes weed at these bar mitzvahs. Got really it's a great article, all right. Back to the chiefs, the chiefs taking the chiefs. I'm taking the chiefs. Part reason the insurance policy.
Speaker 2: I just said, I cannot live with the pain if I take the forty nine ers and the chiefs win. But also I think with it being two, I think I'm just gonna go and do money line. I mean, what does two points get me? Maybe what's the money line as one five right now? That's also been fluctuating. Maybe I'll wake up Monday and and the Chiefs lost by one and I'm kicking myself. But to me, three is such an important number in football. A two point underdog just doesn't do anything for me. At that point, I'm gonna take the money line. Or I might even go like Chiefs minus two and a half and get real crazy, get even longer odds on an alternate line, because I think if the chief the Chiefs, I don't see just to cover of forty nine ers win. If I'm behind the Chiefs, I'm going all in. Give me the Chiefs to win the game.
Speaker 1: I love it. I think that's right. I think Chiefs money line. So what's what I did. I did Chiefs money line against the Bills, and I did Chiefs money line against the Ravens because I thought they were gonna win. And you're right if it's a close spread, and you, I mean the Chiefs, I think we're getting five in one of those games. So I did both the spread and the money line, But I'm with you. I mean, I don't understand how the Chiefs aren't favored.
Speaker 2: I do think the forty nine Ers are the best team in football, but the Chiefs have just been there so many times. I don't think it's like the Moments too Big lost.
Speaker 1: The last two g I mean, the forty nine Ers should have lost the Packers and probably should have lost the Lions.
Speaker 2: The Chiefs kind of got lucky to Miami, played in a tundra and then a little large choked, but it wasn't lucky. They they beat Miami by twenty.
Speaker 1: They barely beat the Bills, but they had that fumble through.
Speaker 2: A good win. I guess I'm Lamar just didn't show up.
Speaker 1: He didn't play great, But like at the same time, there wasn't It wasn't like there was a call.
Speaker 2: I mean they fumbled too. They had two fumbles, the Chiefs got both of them. Yeah, So I don't know. I don't feel like it was lucky, really. I guess lucky's not the word the Ravens. That was not an AFC championship performance by so I guess they're lucky in that they got that team. But I just think with them being there so many times, it's like routine for the Chiefs at this point that you know, like they got their system. They Mahomes talked about renting a house for his family back in August, like that's what they do. They go to the Super Bowl.
Speaker 4: Andy Reid's talking about stepping down possibly after the season, maybe a legacy game for him.
Speaker 1: With that that sentence, you could host a show on ESPN radio.
Speaker 2: Is this or legacy game? They love the words.
Speaker 3: Tell them when they need a fill in host that you got one.
Speaker 2: Okay. Also kind of like the under a little bit. It's forty seven and a half. These are two good defenses. I feel like the Chiefs have been had pretty low scoring games in the playoffs so far. For team you usually think of more high scoring, they've had some little score I mean, yeah, I don't know that I'll bet it. I probably will, but I'm definitely leaning the under of the two options. If we're if we're committing to betting the total two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, since we're playing the game, we have to do it, so I'll take the under.
Speaker 2: With you.
Speaker 1: I would not bet it. You're an over underguy. I hate it.
Speaker 2: I just I never know what to do. And I am I fade. This record probably would have been I just I'm confused. I don't know what to root for.
Speaker 1: I really hate it in basketball because you know, I sit there and start doing the math five minutes in the game.
Speaker 2: Oh it is. It is a stressful way to watch the game because you can't help it. You're constantly adding and thinking always.
Speaker 1: And uh, and then you know the free throws at the end are very infuriating. So I don't like to do that, all right, So those are our first two.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: Uh, let's Drew has been in charge of picking other props, whether football or goofy, and I'm just going to let follow your lead.
Speaker 2: Uh. We have on DraftKings a bunch of a lot of game related props. I don't know if you want to get into anytime touchdowns or any people you think will go off, we'll go over their props. I think Kelsey's in for a big game. So what is Kelsey's anytime touchdown? I'll just pull up all the anytime touchdowns. Let's go on first before we get into the crazy ones. Uh. Anytime anytime is how I feel about the iHeart WiFi sometimes UH seems high though Christian McCaffrey. McCaffrey is minus two twenty. Stay away from that. I know he scores all the time. That that's a bad one. What is uh, Pachecko. I'm glad you said that. I think I'm gonna bet Pachecko and kel they're both one ten, but I feel like the I like them at first TD score, which is much longer. They're both seven to one. Being a Chiefs guy here, and you know their offense gonna be scripted. I'm in my mind I have a scenario Chiefs score right away and it'll be one of those two guys. I'm gonna bet both of them as the first TD scorer. I thought that's exactly what I was gonna say. You and I are on the same page.
Speaker 1: I think there's definitely an argument that just for America, Travis Kelcey scores the first.
Speaker 2: Touchdown, and he was a man possessed in Baltimore. He had crazy eyes in that game, had more eleven catches, and by halftime, I think.
Speaker 1: I like him, which normally I don't like people like that, meaning like kind of dofa sy people like I didn't really like Gronk, But I actually think that dude is kinda. He's playing an act a little bit like I think he's smarter than his persona, whereas I think Gronk is dumber than he is persona. So I think I'm saying Kelsey gets a touchdown. You see Taylor Swift, you know it's it's great. So and I also like Pacheco because I think the chief score first.
Speaker 2: Yeah, now, like anytime, the odds just aren't good enough on those guys. So I'm rolling the dice and saying Chiefs score first, It'll be one of them. With Kelsey, I feel like his podcast has let him show what absolutely has show more personally, just look at him. If you're judging book by cover, you might just go ahead that game. Looks like an unlikable guy. I mean, and he always.
Speaker 1: Used to talk kind of like a goober, but no, he's very that podcast.
Speaker 2: Both those guys are very like him. They're very funny, very personal. The other day they were ranking roller coasters at Cedar point and I'm like, hanging on to every word that's stupid, but just their storytelling and they're funny and talk about growing up. They're both very likable guys.
Speaker 1: I think in terms of athlete hosted podcast. They are so much better than I would have thought one could be. I also want to give one. If you're ever bored, go listen to Jeff Tigu's podcast.
Speaker 2: He's the best.
Speaker 3: Jeff Tigue.
Speaker 1: Huh, Jeff teg. You know, all these NBA guys now are doing podcasts, and most of them are not very good. They're only good because they get good guests. So like that all the smoke guys they get good guess I don't know that they're great. Jeff tige is you talk about a dude with no filter? You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: It is so funny. I will just say anything at all, like self deprecating. He talked about why I retired. He was like I was Guard Deer and Fox and he had me spinning, just running everywhere. He's like, that was the moment I knew I was done in the NBA.
Speaker 1: But he talks like so matter of factly. I'm just saying, if you're ever bored, put on. Jeff Tigue's podcast comes out like one club. He has a co host. I don't know his name, but he's hilarious. But at one point they said Tom Crean comes up and they were like is Tom Crean. And that dude, without missing the beat, was like Devra. I was just like, and they just start roasting Tom Crean.
Speaker 2: I mean they're so funny they I know it sounds weird Jeff Tigue, but it is.
Speaker 1: He is very, very very good. All right, what else?
Speaker 2: Uh? So it seems we're both very heavy on the chiefs. Let's get into the fun ones as I'm struggling with the iHeart WiFi Again, this is silly to do on a podcast, but it's not the super Bowl if we don't pick heads or tails. So uh, let's pull up the record on it too.
Speaker 1: M Yeah, I mean they're both like minus one oh five or something like it.
Speaker 2: So anyone that bets this, now you're a digit. You're just find someone in the room with you and bet them. You're giving away I mean, I love Draft Kings, but you're giving your white juice on something that is truly fifty fifth. Lets you and I bet which you put saying. Anyone, find a friend, don't bet it in a casino or online, because you're just giving away the juice. It's fifty to fifty, find a friend, shake hands and make the bet.
Speaker 1: I like it so peak one and I'll take the other one. I'm gonna let you go first.
Speaker 2: I you know tails, Everyone says tails never fails. It has all the stats. I'm going heads tired of hearing about tails. Wow.
Speaker 1: Okay, well then I'll go tails uh and we'll see what happens. This will be a big one.
Speaker 2: The year Eli upset Brady the first time in the Super Bowl, I made fourteen prop bets, starting with the coin toss. I missed the coin toss, and I went oh for fourteen. It was truly unbelievable performance. Yeah, well that's pretty amazing.
Speaker 1: Okay, before we do the rest of these, let's remember rest in peace. Jared Lorenzen story about when he was the backup for UH for the Giants.
Speaker 2: You know that story right? Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, He went and looked to see what color the gatorade was so he could text a friend and tell them to bet on the gatorade bath what color the gatorade would be. And Jared Lorenzen tech, I guess called or texted his friend from the locker room, which is against.
Speaker 2: It what happened.
Speaker 1: But I don't think there's anything they're going to do to him now. And Jared Lorenzen did that because he had insider knowledge on on what the color of the gatorade would be.
Speaker 2: Fun twist on that he told. I think he told him to. He told him both teams and the guy bet the Patriots gatorade. But then the Giants ended up pulling off the upsets.
Speaker 1: You remember he told got blue, they got red. He told that story on KSR first.
Speaker 2: He's told on our football probably that's what put our football podcast on the map. It blew up.
Speaker 1: Yes, he told, and then he later I think told it on a barstool interview and it blew up again. But he told it to us first many like a couple of years before it kind of went national.
Speaker 2: Well, that was my next question. I guess I better read you the odds. But we have the the gatorade bath purple is the favorite two twenty, then we go blue a little two seventy. Then we got the yellow green, we're getting the four hundreds red and then orange purple. The favorite blue is like it's so easily manipulated. They don't let you bet more than like twenty dollars twenty five because they.
Speaker 3: Know, oh there's a max on a bet.
Speaker 2: Most of these prod bets that can be like Eminem's first song or you know they did that year, Like anyone that's at dress rehearsal knows that. So they don't let you bet too much.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, okay, so who's playing in the game. You've got the Chiefs and you've got the forty nine ers. I'm gonna say, what's red?
Speaker 2: Who reads a long shot? You gonna get a little plus four fifty? Oh and I'm red plus four fifty. We both like the chief Well, both these are red teams. I'm actually surprised. Why is red not a little? I mean, first of all, if you're the Chiefs, you're.
Speaker 1: Not gonna have blue because blue is the opposite of red.
Speaker 2: I wonder how much of this the odds makers know what teams had all year or this is completely random? Are they like the Chiefs ten weeks had purple, three weeks had yellow? Oh? I bet, I bet they have to know? Why would you? That's too deep? You've gone You've got too deep. If you're actually looking up to gatoradstats, I'm going red. I was gonna be different, but I'm at four fifty. Gotta go fifty red, right, Billy? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Sure, I think it's a suckers bet, but you will go ahead.
Speaker 2: And go red. Why is it a suckers because we don't.
Speaker 3: We have no idea, it's just a guess.
Speaker 2: Well, that's the point. That's every bet. We have no red bit.
Speaker 4: Like, well, let me say this. There's been fifty seven Super Bowls. Tails has landed thirty one times, so that's more than fifty percent. It's fifty four percent. So I'd say that you got a better chance of picking the coin toss than you do gatorade.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, the few things. First of all, ability, Yes, you do have a better chance. That's why the odds are lowered. That's just numbers.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Secondly, do you genuinely believe the past history of the coin tosses will have an effect on this coin toss?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Okay, because you were saying that, like, well, the history says it's going to be tails. You know these are independent results, Like if you did it into infinity, it would be fifty to fifty.
Speaker 4: Well you'd think that, but what do you mean I'd think that As of now, it looks like tails is well, because we.
Speaker 1: Have affinity, right, like we've only done fifty However, many.
Speaker 2: I get.
Speaker 4: I get what you're saying. But in my book, tales has a slight advantage.
Speaker 2: It's interesting in your book and it's based on history. Yeah. Do you gamble?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: Do you go to casinos?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, every now and then.
Speaker 2: What's your game of choice? Blackjack? Like black check? Are you good? Like? Do you know all the things you're supposed to do? I do?
Speaker 4: But the last casino I went to, they said I could have free parking if I lasted at the blackjack table for thirty minutes, and I made it twenty one and I lost all my money and then had to pay for park.
Speaker 2: What they made you pay for parking? Yeah? How did that work? So what casino is?
Speaker 3: It's in Cleveland?
Speaker 2: Well, there you go. Is it the one that's in downtown? The nice one? I did? Well there? Yeah, we've stayed there before.
Speaker 3: And you're like, you can either pay for parking or last thirty minutes at our tables.
Speaker 1: And there was someone sitting at the table timing you.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: You have a card that you swipe when you start, when you finish, and then like a little kiosk area that you go to get.
Speaker 2: Your power your parking cost.
Speaker 3: It is like sixty seventy bucks and.
Speaker 2: Was what was the cost of the blackjack?
Speaker 3: I lost about one fifty two hundred playing blackjack.
Speaker 1: Fifteen to twenty dollars bets. I think I'd have kept playing if I were you. I mean, you knew you were already out sixty.
Speaker 3: That was out of money, honestly, But how'd you pay your sixty? I had to go deeper into credit card debt.
Speaker 2: You should not play with money you don't have. You know that, right? I do?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's eye with DraftKings disclaimers I've heard.
Speaker 1: As a matter of fact, let's let's use this as a point to tell you all about Draft King. It's the official betting partner of the NBA. New customers who deposit five dollars more can get a no sweat bet up to one thousand dollars back in a bonus bet. Really, so one thousand dollars back in a bonus bet, so you get one?
Speaker 2: Is that? What how it works? Then you got the info in front of you I don't have in front of me again. Let me read this again.
Speaker 1: Get in on the action with DraftKings sports Book, an official sports betting part of the NBA. New Customers who deposit five dollars more get a no sweat bet up to one thousand dollars back in a bonus bet. Sounds like you got to get it. You'd have to put one thousand dollars in.
Speaker 2: Right, you get back what you bet, but you just have to put the thousand in. I think so. But if you put fifty in you'll get a fifty insure. That's good. No, that's that's great. And whatever you put in.
Speaker 1: And remember you can get They've got all the lines for NBA games, the Super Bowl fifty eight, all that. So download the Draftking Sportsbook AAP now and use code fate. New customers get a no sweat bet up to one thousand dollars in your first bet. The code is FADE. Remember this is this is a deal for faith. This is a different deal than the KSR deal. This is the FADE deal. And remember if you have a gaming problem called one hundred gambler or in West Virginia, visit www dot one hundred gambler dot net in New York called one eight seven eight Hope and Why or text hope and Why which is four six seven three six nine and Connecticut. That help is available for problem gambling call eight eight eight seven six nine seven seven seven seven or visit crap dot org.
Speaker 2: Uh no, CCPG, that would be a weird don't noted that CCPG dot org. Oh okay, it's not crap dot org.
Speaker 1: Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill, Caught Casino and Resort in Kansas twenty one plus. Age varies by jurisdiction. Do not do this in Ontario one. No sweat bet per new customer issued is a one bonus bet based on amount of initial losing bet. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue. It's d see dk N Y dk G dot com slash prom promos for deposit wagering, eligibility restrictions, terms and reasonable gambling resources, things like its own podcast.
Speaker 2: How does keep getting longer?
Speaker 3: It's the Boothill Casino and Resort, I think probably.
Speaker 1: Adding to that, you know, I'm I gotta go there. They wouldn't charge it for parking.
Speaker 3: I have a story for you, Matt. My dad won tickets to the Super Bowl this year.
Speaker 2: Oh, how do you win them?
Speaker 3: He's a veteran, so he enters all these pools and he won it.
Speaker 2: This year.
Speaker 1: There are pools for veterans to go to the super Bowl. Yep, what aren't like what I.
Speaker 3: Don't know vet tics things like that.
Speaker 2: Huh did he just go to the super Bowl?
Speaker 4: I went with him for the New England Seattle super Bowl in Phoenix. So now he's decided to take my brother instead of me because he's already taken.
Speaker 2: Me to a super Bowl.
Speaker 3: It seems fair, I think so, but I'm still a little but hurt about it.
Speaker 2: But there, you took your brother to a trampoline park.
Speaker 4: That's true. He probably has to say a lot of fun as he will at the super Bowl. But they're trying to decide if they want to sell the tickets or not. They're going for like eighty five hundred apiece, and my brother needs a new car, so go to the super Bowl?
Speaker 3: You know, Lifetime memory.
Speaker 2: Ask you a question?
Speaker 1: What where do like, like, what was the actual way he got the tickets?
Speaker 2: Because that matters to me.
Speaker 3: Like he's a veteran. He enters these pools and you.
Speaker 2: Have a chance.
Speaker 1: It's a pool for any veteran. Yes, And how do you do you have to pay the internet?
Speaker 4: You have to know, but you have to pay for the tickets face value. If you do win So's they're not completely free. But these tickets, unlike the ones that he won with me, he can sell. He could not sell the ones that we see.
Speaker 1: He's allowed to set. Yes, and they tell you that yes, ok So you don't think there's a moral obligation to keep them. Like if I were to give tickets away on KSR and I would say, I'm giving these tickets to a veteran. If I knew the veterans sold them, I would be disappointed. But if this was implicit in it.
Speaker 3: It is allowed. Through the process in which he can receive the tickets, he can also sell them.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, then I think it's probably okay if it's eighty five hundred bucks apiece piece, yes.
Speaker 2: Especially if he needs a car.
Speaker 1: I mean about this, like he doesn't care about the two teams, right, correct.
Speaker 2: You're gonna spend a lot more just going Well.
Speaker 1: Let me just say me. I mean I would if you told me I had two tickets to this game this Saturday, and I got eighty five hundred bucks a piece, I'm selling them in a heartbeat. I'm selling them for seventy five hundred bucks. I'm selling them for five thousand dollars, and you know there'd be a price obviously where I'd go.
Speaker 2: But the Super Bowl, I mean you've been, is it fun? Well?
Speaker 4: Part of it was I had food poisoning during it, and I had to stand the entire time. Nobody sat down, so I was delirious by the end of it. But yeah, it was a ton of fun. I mean there's nothing like that environment, right, I mean, the whole world's watching. But somebody offered us ten thousand dollars a piece for the tickets. We tried to sell it to them. We could not.
Speaker 3: We had to have our idea to get into the building.
Speaker 2: O car. I mean for me sold, what about you?
Speaker 1: Drew?
Speaker 2: And eighty five hundred apiece sold? For sure? This year being in Vegas, I'd want to go a little bit more because I love Vegas. But even then, I don't care that much about these teams. There is a price, like Matt said, but at eighty five hundred, I'm not thinking twice Oldham County.
Speaker 1: So like your dad could buy like season tickets, like he could buy whatever he wants. I mean, my Reds tickets, which are you know, great seats. H you get eighty one games, and it's significantly less than that. So why would like, I know, I would, I would sell it in a heartbeat.
Speaker 2: Did the tickets come with any lodging, because that's gonna be more money he's going to put on to my lodging.
Speaker 3: He's already got a cheap hotel they're playing.
Speaker 2: On going to. How cheap could it be?
Speaker 3: Though he told me the name, I recognized it. I can't remember it right now, but it was just a couple hundred dollars thousand. They are going to the Live Golf Tour event the day before, which is in Vega. That if you don't like Phil Niccholson.
Speaker 2: Oh, is it okay?
Speaker 3: So the live event it's in Vegas.
Speaker 2: Well, I was smart.
Speaker 3: But my brother's sixteen, so we also can't bet. So that's part of the reason why I'm a little but hurt that they're going.
Speaker 2: But well, I would not want to have.
Speaker 1: Friends, will not be nearly as much fun without like he can't your dad can't go to anything right exactly.
Speaker 3: That's why I argued even.
Speaker 1: More reason to sell. I think your dad definitely should sell.
Speaker 4: Well, we can try to get I think they're going. I I pose that question to my brother, and he's noncommittal because it's up to him.
Speaker 2: If it were my team, then that might be different. But if it was two teams, I didn't care about Drew. I already have a Super Bowl fund for when the Titans never make it my lifetime. What I would do in this scenario is sell put that money in a nice savings account, and that's my if they ever do it. I'm going from that super Bowl money I made when I didn't go to the Chiefs forty nine ers. Well, that's an interesting way to go. Adding to the show's content, really it was it was a nice was a good thought. Eight five. That's a lot of money for tickets to a game. And the traffic and.
Speaker 3: Just oh traffic getting out of Phoenix was brutal.
Speaker 2: I mean see, I mean for me, I'm leaving at the before the end anyway, Vegas traffic is going to be insane.
Speaker 3: A nice new stadium too.
Speaker 2: So is that a Is that stadium walkable or do you have to drive? I've never seen it. I'm not sure that's a big drive. I mean it is if you wanted to walk it. You wouldn't want to walk it unless you're in dire situation. Yeah, all right, what do you got? Let's just run through some silly ones. Have a little fun here. How about going off the cuff freestyle and Super Bowl commercial? First commercial shown? Will it be Uber Eats or Drumstick? I don't even know why drumsticks in the conversation, those are the two choices. Oh, here we go. The Drumstick commercial features Eric andre and Uber Eats features David and Victoria Beckham, Jennifer Aniston, David Swimmer and others. How do they know that those are the two choices? This is the first time I've seen any of that. I'm going off of Google here. Huh. Well, give me Uber Eats all right.
Speaker 1: I would have told you if you had said if you didn't give me, I would have said bud Light because I feel like they need it.
Speaker 2: Well, usually it is a Anheuser Bush taco bell like Dorito's that looks like Drumstick and Uber Eats are trying to get you mixed.
Speaker 1: If you were a company that had a Super Bowl commercial, wouldn't you want to go early? Because I feel like people are paying attention to the commercials at the beginning much more than they are at the end. At least I do. For like the first quarter, I try to make sure to watch them, and then I sort of lose interest as it goes on.
Speaker 2: That are like the last couple of minutes of the game in case it's closed, but the last couple of minutes of the game. But you could also risk people exactly ammered and nut checked out and not paying it.
Speaker 1: I can be forty one to six and people turn it off. I would want to be in the first quarter.
Speaker 2: When was our UKFCU commercial? I think we were a third quarter it was, which I think is probably the worst quarter, but that was just right for us. I feel like it's got bargain.
Speaker 1: Yeah it was a local, Yeah it was local, But UKFC commercials in the third.
Speaker 4: A lot of appetizers going on the first quarter of the game. Could you argue that the halftime would be the better spot since everybody's gathered around the TV to watch whoever?
Speaker 1: I think there's a lot of people this year though with Usher who It's not like if it was Taylor Swift, right, there'll be people who sort of look past the Usher one.
Speaker 4: Well, some people don't even watch the game. They just watched that halftime show, you know, well.
Speaker 1: A lot of people just watch the commercials. I want to be mid to light first quarter.
Speaker 2: I think that's where i'd want to be. All right, what's next? This one's built for you. I'm not even gonna tell you the odds we're you're gonna make your pick. I mean, I'm gonna tell you what kind of return you're gonna get when you see what color hat Reba McIntyre's wearing. Oh goodness, we got a little uh does she always wear a hat? A lot of colors on here too? We got just Roy g biv I for some reason.
Speaker 1: I mean, I feel like when I see her sing, she doesn't wear a hat most of it.
Speaker 2: Also during the anthem shouldn't you not wear a hat? She's not wearing. It is what's no, it is not an option. She's not wearing like, am I wrong?
Speaker 1: She doesn't walk around looking like a UK basketball photo shoot. I don't think she wears a hat, does she? I completely see her red hair in everything she does.
Speaker 3: It looks like she likes a cowboy hat every now and then, but it's mostly just her red hair.
Speaker 2: I think usher is more likely to come out in the Cowboys. The worst one i've ever seen. She's not gonna have on a hat. We'll give me a color.
Speaker 1: I mean, I guess if you're gonna have a color, red, white, and blue, red's the favorite.
Speaker 2: I mean, I could see her.
Speaker 1: Coming out in like a gaudy Do they have length of the national anthem?
Speaker 2: They do? Hold let me run. There's a few more I was gonna get. Okay, will any player on either team be arrested or caught with an escort before kickoff? Between now and kickoff? That is an actual bet.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say no, because they're not gonna eat. I think it's possible one of them tries to get an escort, but I don't think that the police would arrest them. Vegas a lot more sort of open to that stuff, and at Super Bowl, I think probably all hands on deck.
Speaker 2: So I'm gonna say no, Alean, know what's what's the What do I get for no? Uh? Well, it actually has a placeure you picked. I don't even have odds. I guess just someone wanted to know your opinion.
Speaker 1: I would parlay that with anything, because I think it's I feel pretty strong on the no.
Speaker 2: Would have got some h Taylor Swift. This one does have that's odd that didn't have props, but we have the proposal No is minus two thousand. Yeah, I'm gonna go do you feel good enough that you would put two thousand? Wouldn't?
Speaker 1: I wouldn't because there is a sense in which it would make a lot of sense. But first of all, you got to start with the fact that they could lose. So now I'm cutting my chances in half just with that. And then I think that would be a little much. I feel like he too much of kind of like he's not gonna do that. So I'm gonna say no.
Speaker 2: Those are two big moments. Why would you can buy him? Like do one this day? Get this ring? And then where about that ring on down the road? Yeah, that you get another round of publicity. Then yep, So I'm gonna say no. What about at minus one seventy five, do you think Jason Kelsey will be shirtless? That's a yes. At minus one seventy.
Speaker 1: Five, that's a yes. At minus one seventy five, yep, I'm going no.
Speaker 2: No. Oh it says will he do it before he chugs or shot guns of beer? I mean they're just expected, like, well, his shirt this is the debauchery of prop bets here.
Speaker 1: Well, first of all, if he's shot guns of beer, then I think the answer is yes he would. But I do not expect to see him with his shirt off at the super Bowl, so I'm going to say no.
Speaker 2: I agree to also indoors. It's not like Buffalo where you feel like the guys part of the whole thing. Let me get this Nash one at the mods here.
Speaker 1: What I would like to do is the how many times will they show Taylor Swift on TV? That's something I would actually really bid from kickoff. How many times do you think they show her on TV? Forget the odds, let's just guess right. They will show her right as the game is starting. Yes, they will show sort of. They'll do a panorama of the sights and sounds of the super Bowl, and then she will be on. They will show her every single time Kelsey scores. I expect him to score at least once, so that's two. They'll show them, certainly if they're about to win or they make the game winning play. So I would set the over under at Taylor Swift showings at like five.
Speaker 2: And a half.
Speaker 3: Oh that half, that might change my opinion.
Speaker 1: I would set it. I don't know what it is is on there?
Speaker 2: Do you have one?
Speaker 1: I should like five and a half and I would actually go under because what if they lose? They might not show her almost at all.
Speaker 4: You don't think they have a feature ready to go at some point about taking do it at.
Speaker 1: The beginning for all the casuals watching and they'll But then I think during the game they'll only do I think they showed her four times in the game against Baltimore.
Speaker 2: I think I saw I've noticed. Maybe I'm just assuming here, but I feel like she intentionally is staying back in the suites lately. Used to see her in the front, maybe because in Buffalo Jason was there. But I think she's trying to not be seen as much because early on she's hanging over the railing. You see her all the time, they're cutting to her. But I feel like now they go to her suite and they're still looking for her for a second. She's laying a low in the background. Five and a half, I'll go it's still gonna be over. I'm if Kelsey has the game we need him to have. With that first touchdown and the Chiefs winning, it's gonna be way over.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they'll definitely show her at the beginning, and I wish I don't like, by the way, how cute Jim Nance and Tony Romo are trying to be like they show her and they go, well a famous fan, like we know who it is, like, you don't have to act like Tony Romo is now the most annoying announcer. He's gone from the best to the worst in like three years.
Speaker 2: He did it pretty quickly. Once everyone was like, wow, it's cool how he calls things before it happens. He went way too into it and then he'd be wrong over and over, or it just felt like he was trying to show boat instead of letting the actual game. I think he's the worst. I go Collinsworth one.
Speaker 1: I think Olsen's good, and I think Agman's okay, and I actually have the main ones. He's fourth for me.
Speaker 2: You know, he was the original Taylor Swift when Jessica Simpson used to go to his games. Oh yeah, I forgot about it. So he can't even he can't even talk trash to Travis Kelsey. He started this. Did you see Jim Nant?
Speaker 1: Did you see that video that he has the first Super Bowl he went to for some reason, he had to call his boss on a payphone, and he has that payphone, the exact one hanging in his house.
Speaker 2: What you no.
Speaker 1: I saw this this week? There was a pay super Bowl was like Giant Stadium, and he maybe it was the first one he called, and he had to call his CBS boss and they didn't know where to call, so he had to call from a payphone. And he got that payphone removed and it is hanging in his house. There's a payphone in his house.
Speaker 2: I like jim Nantz friend of the program. There's a lot of weird things that he has owns does hanging on his wallet his house.
Speaker 1: Well, you and I have had almost no interaction with him, and we know at least two personally. The handing us his pen that says hello friends, which was both nice and weird. And then the.
Speaker 2: Toast thing with the pictures of the toast.
Speaker 3: You know that story about I do Harry's a picture of the toast?
Speaker 1: How he told that to us, Like, I don't is that gone national ever?
Speaker 2: About to I just feel like I know it. I don't know if I know it from that remember him telling us, I can't remember if that was already known and we wanted to see it or how it went down. Now, I remember having that conversation.
Speaker 1: He also had he carries a picture of the way he likes his toast fixed, like how burnt. He wants it to be, so that he will show it to the waiter and say, I want my toast like this.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's weird. It's very weird. Didn't it like a life size portrait of himself in his house? That well? That was divorce divorce divorce.
Speaker 1: His wife, as she was alleging the reasons for his divorce for their divorce, said he insisted on hanging up a life size portrait of himself in the living room.
Speaker 2: That's weird. I like jim Nance. That's weird.
Speaker 4: Jim Nant's toast is national. Here's an article on it in twenty sixteen.
Speaker 2: Where did they hear him say it? For the Wind?
Speaker 3: Did the article? He talked to Golf Digest about it?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: Well he told us in twenty twelve, which was yeah, I guess a little bit before that.
Speaker 2: All right, who's next? Who's next? I love going to the phones on fade this, I got your line. It's a minute thirty on the anthem. But I got some stats for you, so you're not just guessing. Last year Stapleton, he was long winn he but it was an under because they accounted for going long. He has one of the longest in a while two minutes and five seconds. Okay, before that minute thirty before that, a minute fifty nine. Loukebrian has two minutes nine seconds. Lady Guy got two minutes twenty two. I feel like this is a low and a minute half, But I.
Speaker 1: Don't think Reba's not a frilly singer, you know what I mean, Like she doesn't she's not somebody who can hit high notes, and she's not like she's just a you know.
Speaker 2: It would be the lowest I'm looking at a list. It would be the lowest of everyone listed here, going all the way back to two thousand and seven. It's a minute and a half.
Speaker 1: But I think she will all right. So here's my prediction. She'll have one of the shortest of all time because she's not like one who's gonna do verbal gymnastics.
Speaker 2: She doesn't have that voice. Kelly Clarkson is the lowest I see in a minute and thirty four seconds. Do you have Ariba and Kelly Clarkson in the same and it's a minute thirty. I think you gotta go over that's a small amount, right, that's shockingly little. Well, I guess we gotta go over, right, I think we do? Or do they know something?
Speaker 3: Man, you were starting to convince me over there?
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, i'd be interesting. I'm sure she has sung the national anthem before it things. It would be interesting to see how long it is. But I would venture to say she will have a short one because she is not her skill, even though I don't like it, but her skill is not like having a crazy voice. It's like being like the relatable mom. And how in the world are they restarting her terrible sitcom?
Speaker 2: I didn't know that the restarting her come. Yeah, it was awful. The first time I bought that as a DVD box set and gave it to someone for Valentine's Day one time, I think I'm the only person. It was more of a joke to make fun of them for watching it. I think I'm the only person that's ever bought riba box set. I didn't know you did that. Yeah, that's horrible. Oh yeah, we were a one and done Valentine's Day.
Speaker 1: You know, I have that really bad trait of when I get into something, I buy a lot of it. We've talked about candles, shoes, et cetera. I used to be that way with DVD's, and when DVDs were hot, like late nineties, I bought and it was back then it was by TV box set, right, and because it seemed at the time so cool. I mean, again, Billy, you're too young for this. But like if you had never been able to watch shows once they went off the air, the idea that you could own the entirety of a show was right. So a new season that Sopranos would come out on DVD and everybody'd be going nuts. But when it first started, it was such a novelty that I would go to Best Buy and by shows I didn't even particularly lie and Tall still makes fun of me about what time I came home and I bought the complete set of Sandford Inside Oh.
Speaker 2: Which I still alo adding it to the catalog. And I don't even particularly like Sandford and so I was big into the box sets. Actually, right now I'm at home, I have the whole Sopranos like lined up displayed. But in college, I don't know if I just thought people would walk into my bedroom and be like, oh my god, he has the entire entourage, all of them, Like in order. I thought it was like a s collect I had like a display like one through eight season right there.
Speaker 1: I have a couple that I still My most problem is the form MTV show The State.
Speaker 2: Do you remember that?
Speaker 1: You know it, Billy, You wouldn't know a lot of people got their comedy career started on that.
Speaker 2: I have that one, and like you can't find that one. I had so many. I think I had three hundred DVDs at one point. And I went to one of these local bookstores.
Speaker 1: How much they give you? Like, not much at all.
Speaker 2: It was two the point I should have left, but I'm already in there and it's bagged, and I spent hours. I'm like, you got me, Like I'm not taking this home, so yes, give me your thirteen dollars.
Speaker 4: These nice new studios we have, we cannot play a CD or DVD in these studios.
Speaker 3: Somebody gave us an air check. We could not play it. You see the radio station, radio station.
Speaker 1: That goes but in that show, see when I first started they still they there were still parts where.
Speaker 2: They used the tapes.
Speaker 1: Now, I mean that wasn't like the regular thing, but they would they were still a little bit where they'd use it. And they all still used CDs. Oh know anymore, think about back in the day in radio they had those cassettes and you have to insert them even for the commercials. The commercials they'd have to say and that's why. So somebody always had to work because you'd physically do it crazy.
Speaker 2: All right, what's next? I think that was getting near the end of my crazy parlays. I had some I don't know, if you wanted to get any basketball or wrap it up with Super Bowl.
Speaker 1: Let's do uh, let's do a handful of basketball for Saturday.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: For people who don't know, the lines are not out, but Drew has discovered that basically the lines essentially mirror the kin pom.
Speaker 2: It's with the point usually, So we're.
Speaker 1: Gonna pick them based on the kin pom and Billy, when you write these down, you write the lines that were picking it off of. Okay, since we have no way of knowing what the actual line, well, got it, all right, So we're gonna pick We're gonna do seven games.
Speaker 2: About six because I wrote down we're gonna do six games unless you want to pick a seventh at random. I'll pick a seventh at random. So seven games I did all Saturday top twenty five matchups. So when you pick your even you can go off the grid.
Speaker 1: How you're doing it, Billy, you pick a number one through one hundred and six.
Speaker 3: Thirty eight, fourteen.
Speaker 2: This is good radio.
Speaker 1: It's got our game for when we for when we get it. We don't have a line, but who cares? All right, So what do you like?
Speaker 2: I'll come up with a lot on the fly, So.
Speaker 1: You go ahead. Our seventh pick. Our time breaker will be Bryant versus Binghamton. Okay, that's a good one, all right, go ahead. So these are all top twenty five in the line. Not every team is the top twenty five, but at least one. On Saturday, we will.
Speaker 2: Start at four o'clock. Third rank U and C is going to Miami, and hypothetically you and C is a nine point favorite. Two. Miami's awful. Miami is awful. They'll keep it within nine. Though Carolina's lost two out of three.
Speaker 1: They score a lot, Carolina win, Miami keeps it within nine.
Speaker 2: That is a lot of points. It's at Miami.
Speaker 1: Minable will come because it's Carolina. They have a huge attendance problem, but people will come because they'll want to see Carolina.
Speaker 2: So I don't know the temperature at Miami, but I'm gonna say this is like if they don't win this when they're checking out, this is like their last chance to say we got something. We're gonna get right back on the track, get the squad one win over Carolina. So they're all in on this game. I'm with you. They cover, but do not win. All right, what's next? How about Baylor at Kansas. Baylor's rank thirteenth, Kansas fourth. Kansas just got upset and they're a hypothetical four point favorite.
Speaker 1: We've talked a lot over the years about Bill selfs hairpiece, but I very important to this game. I don't know if you saw. The Kansas State fans had lots of signs about the hairpiece, and one of them that I didn't see but I read about on red It is some kid out a sign that says I cannot lie Bill, I respect the peace and he just held it up. And on the Reddit thread it said that that Bill looked at it.
Speaker 2: And waved, oh hope that's true. I do too.
Speaker 1: You know McAfee has twice, to his face.
Speaker 2: Made a joke about it. I didn't know that.
Speaker 1: Well, he'll but he'll say, like the hair looks immac it now, they're not.
Speaker 2: Out of place at all. I remember him doing it. Now that you do that, I remember him doing that to him. I mean that's actually that's exactly how he did it.
Speaker 1: Yes, I mean you don't just say that if the guys just like, you know whatever, Uh is a game at Kansas.
Speaker 2: At Kansas, and we know what just happened.
Speaker 1: When they did just say it, the spread was all right, I'm gonna surprise you and take Kansas because they do not lose home and they will cover.
Speaker 2: Yeah, especially having just lost that game Monday night to the Tang Gang. I like Kansas to cover at home four points. There's almost said. I thought that line would be higher that I remembered. I'm the one that made the line, so I can't complain about it. Figured they begin more than four, so I'm definitely gonna take it.
Speaker 1: I saw when they beat Kansas the other night, the Kansas State fans were all like we have the best home environment in the country.
Speaker 2: Slow down, you don't have the best home environment in your state. Uh no, not at all. They What are your thoughts on Tang. It's hard since he ended Kentucky's season last year, but the guy seems to have a lot of fun. I know he said we got more dues in Kentucky. He's a Kentucky villain. But I feel like as a Kansas hater, I like what they're doing to Kansas by sticking their chest out a little bit.
Speaker 1: I'm fine with it. Like I think, if you're gonna coach at Kansas State and matter, you gotta be like he.
Speaker 2: Is, got doing a clapping before he ever get any dans.
Speaker 1: And you know Manhattan, Kansas. I've been there twice. Midget cut line in front of us in beer line once and uh that's what I remember about the place. It's not an exciting place. So if you're gonna matter in college basketball, you got to be like him.
Speaker 2: So I'm good with it. He does have a little bit of swagger, you know Louisville's.
Speaker 1: If I was Louisville, I think he'd be a good higher. He'd get under cow's skin.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, he's already under doesn't like him.
Speaker 1: He's got the swagger Louisville needs.
Speaker 2: Louisville.
Speaker 1: Louisville this now, they're gonna need something. I think he'd be a good higher for them. I don't know how good a coach he'd be, but I think he'd do well there.
Speaker 2: It's pretty impressive what he's done at Kansas State already.
Speaker 1: And I've always believed that if the city of Louisville had had an African American coach with swagger, that city would love it. They I mean, Kenny is like not been like that, smiling after losses. Yeah, I mean if they had a guy who liked because that city. People don't realize is that Louisville basketball was built on the backs of African Americans in Louisville because they were so quick to integrate. They integrated quicker than any other school in the South. They don't get credit for it because they weren't a major conference. But the African Americans in Louisville want to embrace that team, and they just haven't had a reason to since in ten years. They would if Tang was there.
Speaker 2: I hope that I don't for all the reasons you said I hope Louisville doesn't get him, because I do think they would like him a lot and work. All right, what's next, Let's go to everyone's favorite redhead, Rick Patino heading to Marquette. Marquette is a eight point favorite.
Speaker 1: Crazy think he did that in honor of Rebus singing the national anthemy. I like Rick to keep it with an eight. If I'm getting eight, I think they're better than Matt. Saint John's could win that game. I don't think they will, but that's Rick special, like he could pull that out. So yes, give me Saint John's to cover the eight. That's one of those. Is the game at noon?
Speaker 2: No, it's six. That's one of those. Though.
Speaker 1: When I go to eat lunch Saturday and I'm looking at the noon games, I could talk myself into money Line and Saint John's.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm looking at it looks like they've they played this year already. At Saint John's. It was a one point game, so they've proven they can keep it. Clob I'll take it. Then, you like Saint John's. Yeah, all right, well I guess so. I feel like we keep it green on. These don't have to be different Tennessee at Texas. A and M. Tennessee is a five point favorite. Tennessee plays LSU tonight. Is that right at home? Correct?
Speaker 1: They win tonight, and A and M beats them Saturday.
Speaker 2: I was gonna take A and M to cover, not money line. You're going money line there. A and M beats him Saturday. A and M covers. I'll let you have the win, but A and M will give them a game. All right? What's next?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: How about Indiana at Purdue. We saw Indiana in person, Purdue number two in the country, and I couldn't believe what Kim Palm thinks of this one. He has Purdue as an eighteen point favorite. That is so sad for the Indiana Hoosiers to be an eighteen point dog. Eighteen. Indiana covers the Purdue won by twenty one already this year.
Speaker 1: Indiana covers the eighteen. They're gonna They're not gonna win, but they're gonna cover the eighteen, even if it's back door free throws at the end.
Speaker 2: They cover the eighteen. I'm going Purdue because covering There's one thing that I saw with my own eyeballs when we were in Michigan. The guy sitting next to me had a son on the team and he was asleep. And if he can't stay away for an Indiana game when his son is in uniform and he drove to ann Arbor, it wasn't like he dozed off. You know, he's picking his chin up. He missed most of the game. And that tells me all I need to know about Indiana. Wow, I mean very valid points were there. I was there, he was he was asleep. So even though they're fraud, that's our that's our first disagreement. They're covered, right. What's next? I had to do a little Cats hosting Gonzaga Ken Palm liking Cats by three, three point favorite.
Speaker 1: To me, that's a bet of the day, and I leave everything else aside. If that spread is three, it'll be more than three. But if it's three, I'm pounding the Cats. That'll be I might empty the whole thing on it.
Speaker 2: I mean that that is.
Speaker 1: I don't think Gonzaga is good, and I know we've lost two at home, but okay, let me make the case for betting it. I know we've lost two at home, but that first one's a little bit of a freak show. If dealing Haim makes the free throws, they win.
Speaker 2: I believe until last night's game at Vandy this was even projected at a two point point differential, so it's gone up a point. So he had even closer until Kentucky scored one hundred and nine last night. I just feel like, if Kentucky can't beat this Gonzaga team by three in Ropprena where I think there'll still be fan support because they know how important it is. I got bigger problems in my life than that one bet. Can I tell you how stupid people are online? Please? So I posted my.
Speaker 1: My seven leg parlay. I read you about everybody going seven legs only plus four fifty. That's ridiculous. That's because these are all huge favorites.
Speaker 2: Do these people? Do people not? I know? I had a guy yell at me I did. I kind of did two things that matched. It was like somebody's point total over and also their threes over? Why did you do those two? It's basically the same bet. It's like, well, that's kind of why I did. It hurt the odds a little, but if one's gonna happen, the other probably gonna happen. That's why the odds are not as long.
Speaker 3: Well, it can get confusing. You heard me on the coin toss earlier, so I mean but.
Speaker 1: Still, I mean like some of these teams are ten point favorites. Of course it's gonna be all right, never mind, Uh, okay, you're gonna win. The seven teamer is gonna win.
Speaker 2: I think it's good.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean five of them are gimmes. Really, it's just can we get Auburn.
Speaker 2: It's the gimmies to get you, though everything, it's always the gimmes.
Speaker 1: It is the gimmes that get you unfortunately, all right, Uh, Brian Binghamton.
Speaker 2: Yes, Uh.
Speaker 4: They played earlier this year January eleventh. It was at Bryant and they won by eight seventy seven to sixty nine. So this one in Bighamton home courts usually what three points?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: No, let Drew look it up them. I have the exact If you want to take a guess, I'll see how you match up to kin Pong.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say Bryant mis five.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Binghamton is probably a one or two point dog.
Speaker 2: It is, uh Bryant minus four. Numbers don't lie. Binghamton is two ninety nine ranked two ninety nine Bryant number one, seventy.
Speaker 1: M Bryant has what's his face that beat us?
Speaker 2: I didn't know.
Speaker 1: Just Phil Marto junior coaches Bran. Sorry, it has the kid who let us up for Saint Peter's.
Speaker 3: Oh, Doug Edart, he's on that team.
Speaker 2: Doug Edart is on Bran.
Speaker 1: Oh lord, So because I don't like Doug, edit Editart, give me Binghamton and the four Binghamton home of where it's where Tony Kornheiser went to college.
Speaker 2: Dougie Doug averaging four points this year? Glad we got to what.
Speaker 1: He's averaged five points? You're telling me that kid that lit us up is averaging five points a game.
Speaker 2: Won two, three, four, five, six players ahead of him here on the old minutes and points chart. We were there for his.
Speaker 1: We got that dude a Buffalo wil Wing's endorsement deal. And he's averaging five points.
Speaker 3: A game, fourteen minutes, three points in the previous matchup versus Binghamton.
Speaker 2: That is unbelievable. That might be the all time definition of one hit. Wonder says a lot about that game, and uh, you got that whole run though, I mean he that's true now he's on the Bryant bench. Unbelievable, but just getting those beat up checks. Yeah, so are you taking the fighting dogs Binghamton? I mean, I have nothing that I could add about Beington, so I think the cover well good. They're the Bearcats. Did you know that Binghamton went to uh or that Tony corn Haser went to Binghamton?
Speaker 1: I did not.
Speaker 2: Did you know that they're coach by Lavelle Sanders? Who is that? I don't know just what front of me. Just trying to get out all the information I can for our listeners.
Speaker 1: You may have known known something? Well, all right, so everyone enjoyed the Super Bowl? Uh, chiefs, please bet responsibly. Billy, let me know what your if your dad's you think your dad is going.
Speaker 4: I think they're gonna go, and then they'll ultimately decide if they want to sell the tickets there. So they're gonna make the trip regardless. But Jerry still out on if they're going or not.
Speaker 2: Oh, I see, So they're gonna make the trip. You just gotta go. Yeah, yeah, I think if you're there, you might as well.
Speaker 1: Then you got too much money invested already anyway. Yeah, I mean, your dad take the seventeen thousand dollars. Put it on the blast.
Speaker 3: That's what I told him to do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well there you go.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, thank you all very much. We will see you later. This has been faded.