Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club. Cowboys. This is Mick Shot screaming live on Dallascowboys dot Com and the official Dallas Cowboys apt now Here are Bill Jones, Savannah Humohler, Effson Wolves, and Mickey Spagnola.
Speaker 2: Go Dallas Cowboy.
Speaker 3: Stay going straight into the postseason now the real season begins now here on mix shots.
Speaker 4: Stampede really hits different when you're NFC East champion.
Speaker 5: Yeah, gratulations Dallas cow Boys.
Speaker 6: Stampeded right to It.
Speaker 3: Makes you harken back to fifty sixty years ago, and Stampede was the fight song of this team.
Speaker 6: You think it was the fight song when they went to the two back to back NFL championship games.
Speaker 3: I think probably so against the Green Bay Packers.
Speaker 7: That's right.
Speaker 2: To make amends for that sixty seven.
Speaker 3: We made amends for it in the nineties, Yes, they did in the playoffs against the Packers. Packers were so now here's another opportunity to make amends.
Speaker 7: For what happened we kicked in the eighties two.
Speaker 3: So let's let's in the playoffs.
Speaker 5: Yes, yeah, do you remember Dennis I'm taking the pick six if I'm not mistaken.
Speaker 2: Was that the playoff tournament?
Speaker 3: Yeah, eighty two, your second year in the league. Forget about I put the seventies and eighties to get.
Speaker 5: Oh man, I'm sorry, damn, you still got to give us love.
Speaker 7: God.
Speaker 3: Well, recent history, the Cowboys have met a couple of times with the Packers in the postseason, and so make amends for that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, tell me about.
Speaker 3: Sunday at three po thirty at at and T Stadium and make use of that number two seed in the playoffs.
Speaker 6: Box wasn't going to let that game get away. They it's like, oh, it's going to be a night game. Oh, it's going to be on Saturday. They're not going to put the Cowboys on Peacock.
Speaker 3: They put the Chiefs on Peacock.
Speaker 2: They did, and the Dolphins and the Dolphins right, it.
Speaker 3: Might be the most marquee matchup of the weekend and it's on Peacock.
Speaker 7: Well it's one.
Speaker 3: I mean as far as Saturday, I gotta go with both Stafford and Yeah, Stafford and golf, Well that's why and be see, yeah, grab that one.
Speaker 2: But this one's pretty darn good with.
Speaker 3: How about the Texans before we get to that. The Texans, it's like that whenever they make the playoffs, they always get the three thirty Saturday game. Every single year. Oh yeah, we made the playoffs and it's three Saturday again. It's like six times that they've been in that type.
Speaker 5: I'll say, if I'm them, I'd want to get it over with. I'd want to see where I stand right now. I wouldn't want to wait till Sunday. I'm sorry, you know, because considering we are the Texans, I would love to just get that game over with and just see how good we are.
Speaker 3: Good event all right now, the three thirty on Sunday, Cowboys Packers. But I look back also where Mickey was yesterday, which was in Landover, Maryland at FedEx Field, And.
Speaker 2: Technically it was a road game, but it.
Speaker 3: Was a home game.
Speaker 7: Man, you could hear it.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you guys can see.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they listed sixty three eight thousand plus at the game. I don't know about that, but whatever it was, if there was fifty thousand there, there were thirty five thousand Cowboy fans.
Speaker 3: The whole seventy percent, oh seventy percent of it.
Speaker 2: The Lower Bowl was all blue.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, you could see that on TV.
Speaker 7: Right, So that's the good seat the rescue.
Speaker 6: Yeah, the Redskins fans were making Redskins the Commander fans were making money, was selling off right. I don't know what they were charging. I think I looked up and you could buy a lower bull seat for like seventy eight eighty dollars.
Speaker 7: Wow.
Speaker 6: Before the game wow? And uh yeah the Cowboy It was a pro Cowboy crowd, so it wasn't like being on the road.
Speaker 2: And they won on the road. They won on grass.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 6: That was the other narrative, they can't win on grass. Well, they seem to play some really good teams on grass and got beat on the road. Uh so yeah uh And after the somewhat of a false start, they did to them what they should have done. And I think that was the That was the best part of that whole day.
Speaker 7: I like the way we came out fast, you know, by down the field.
Speaker 3: Who won the toss?
Speaker 2: Cowboys did okay?
Speaker 3: And so were you okay with that this week? No what the decision they deferred, but as it.
Speaker 2: Turned out, fortunately they stopped him.
Speaker 3: As it turned out me, I know, as it turned out they stopped him. They scored on their first Cowboys scored on the first drive, and then it's a tight game going, getting close to halftime, and Everson wanted the Cowboys do they scored? They they they doubled up a double burger or whatever that What do you call that?
Speaker 6: I don't know if it's a double burger.
Speaker 3: Have got the touchdown the CD there to end the half and another one to start the second half. And that's why you.
Speaker 2: Defer because it worked this time.
Speaker 3: Okay, go ahead.
Speaker 2: Everything it didn't work last time.
Speaker 7: I'm it worked.
Speaker 2: Last time it didn't did it.
Speaker 7: I'm not going anywhere.
Speaker 3: It's good. It's a good decision when it works.
Speaker 2: All they did was get behind.
Speaker 4: So how happy was everyone on the plane ride home last night?
Speaker 6: You know, this was maybe my biggest impression of all the good stuff that happened. They acted like they did what they were supposed to do when they came in off the field, and obviously maybe they celebrated on the sideline because that game was over going into the fourth quarter. There was no high fiving, yelling and screaming. There was a couple of hugs and they.
Speaker 7: Went exhaled, just like like they were on the sidelines.
Speaker 6: We want jobbed, right, and we were supposed to uh. In the locker room, as I wrote in my column, I didn't hear any how about those cowboys coming out the walls. No one played we are the champions, and it was pretty muted in there for the most part.
Speaker 2: They were happy. And then on the plane, I think.
Speaker 6: Maybe we got delayed taking off, so I could hear there was a lot of chatter in the back there where the majority of the players are, and then about an hour into the flight it was sleeping time, right, So I thought they had a really good attitude towards the wind. It's like, Okay, we did what we were supposed to do. We won the NFC East. That was step number one, But you got bigger fish to fry.
Speaker 2: And I think that.
Speaker 6: Micah Parsons when he finished his deal and I asked him, I said, it's kind of quiet, and he goes, we want to be phenomenal, and he goes, and this is the first step. And he didn't say it this way, but it's like there's more meat on the bone to accomplish. So I thought they took a really good attitude towards the win and that's good because by time the locker room was closing, everybody was talking about Green Bay, and we got to get ready Monday.
Speaker 2: We got to get to work and get back to work and do what we're supposed to do.
Speaker 7: So it looks good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so yeah, good?
Speaker 7: What though?
Speaker 3: You know what though, I think that also it was a fortuitous occasion in Santa Clara, California, also because I would rather play the Packers than the Rams. When the Rams came back and Carson Wentz runs twelve yards for a touchdown to pull them with less than five minutes left in the game, it's a twenty to nineteen game. And then the two point conversion passed to to to Well to give the Rams the lead, and then that I think that interception to seal it. Later, I thought, I just have thought that. You know, now, the Cowboys played the Rams at mid season, they didn't have Kyrien Williams are running back, they're healthy now, and I would just assume play the Packers with a young quarterback in Jordan Love than a veteran like Matthew Stafford coming in here, And so I thought that was that was good fortune as well for the Cowboys.
Speaker 6: Somebody asked me about that, which team would you rather play? And I said, well, I'll make that decision on who has the quarterback, and I'll take the young guy with less experience than Matthew Stafford or you know, even having to deal with Seattle if they got in.
Speaker 2: So yeah, look at it. By the quarterback, I'm liking.
Speaker 5: I would have loved for Matthew to come back home and we spank his little butt.
Speaker 7: That would have been nice. But I also love this as a fan.
Speaker 5: I love the matchup that they have in Detroit, him going back home.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: Here's the other thing that I like about it. I think the Rams have a chance to go into Detroit win that game, which could if Okay, we're assuming the Cowboys take care of business against Green Bay and then the Rams play the Niners the next round, while the Cowboys would play the winner of Philadelphia in Tampa Bay. That's the other reason why I think that it's fortuitous that because I think the Rams have a good chance of going in there and knocking off the Lions.
Speaker 5: Rams have a good chance of beating anybody just simply because of Matthew. And that's why I say I would love to come here and beat him, because that would be the most daunting task to me.
Speaker 7: That would prove a lot.
Speaker 5: More to me beating Matthew Stafford and beating Jordan Love.
Speaker 3: You know, the Rams, says producer Supreme just reminded me. They're seventy and one after they're bye and their only loss was to the Ravens on a putt return thirty seven thirty.
Speaker 7: One in Baltimore.
Speaker 4: So anyway, and it's a little bit of a full circle moment for the cow Boys and coach McCarthy having Green Bay come here to at and T Stadium for the wild Card.
Speaker 3: I'm sure he'll get into the drama this week.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, oh yeah, we'll hear it all in the press conferences. I'm excited.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, he's excited to answer those questions.
Speaker 2: He already heard what he said.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I heard what.
Speaker 3: He said the post game yesterday. He's like, he's not going to get into the drama.
Speaker 6: He tried to diffuse it. He goes, but I'm sure you guys will do it all for him. Uh, And it's like it's already started.
Speaker 7: Mike.
Speaker 5: You know, I love it because I mean, it's not like the Packers are coming in here limping at all.
Speaker 7: Jordan Love is playing great. They run the ball well.
Speaker 3: You know, I think they won six of their last dight. I mean, they started the year two and five.
Speaker 7: And I think they have one of the better running games in the NFL right now.
Speaker 6: As a matter of fact, when jon Jay Ron Kurse just did his conference call and he was talking about how they run the football with their two running backs, and that's kind of what makes their offense goes. So once again, the Cowboys defense, while they were able to stop the run against Washington, held him to fifty yards the season low. You got to do it against now a really good thing.
Speaker 2: I thought.
Speaker 6: The other impressive thing in the game was you really didn't realize that Tga, TJ. Bass and brock Hoffman were playing guard for that was the first That was the first game all season Dak didn't get sacked and he didn't have a run either, And normally when the quarterbacks got a bunch of runs, that means he's running for his dear life right to try to save us out. And they did a pretty good job of protecting him and running the football.
Speaker 3: So it helped that Jonathan Allen wasn't on the other.
Speaker 6: Side too well, but he had to play. They had to play the guys of their own ilk right.
Speaker 3: Well, Doron Payne was playing, yeah, and Rock pay They pay him ninety million dollars.
Speaker 6: So brock Hoffman finds out he's starting, like right at ninety minutes before kickoff when they had to turn in the inactives because they had sent us an email early saying Zach Martin is ill, but he will play. And I saw him come out for his early early warm ups and he had a hoodie on sweatshirt and it was like tied right over his eyebrows to his jaw right and I'm going, is.
Speaker 2: That him get my binocular? It was like he must have been really cold.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And then somebody told me, oh, by the time he got in the locker room, he was green, like he was really sick to his stomach. And that's when they finally said, well, Brock, you're up.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 6: So you got a rookie on one side of first year player on the other, and.
Speaker 2: They didn't compensate for him. They ran their plays.
Speaker 4: Rock Kaufman had a little attitude out there too. There were a few players where he was, yeah, he was I remember one he made some type of tackle and he like stepped over the guy, like crawled over him. And I was like, what is this attitude?
Speaker 6: We haven't seen that, But that boats well going forward too, that you may be developing some young offensive linemen on the cheap.
Speaker 5: And we were showing that. We were showing, okay, we need to work on this running game. Yeah, we deliberately did that. We'd work on this running game. Dak was really just Nickel and Diamond, you know, clearly being the manager of the field at that time and the running game, but became more prominent at that time in the ball.
Speaker 3: Game real quickly along those lines of developing offensive line. You know one thing the Ravens do which is unusual. I think it's their tackles. They actually will they won't rotate and tackle, but they do give series in a regular season game two backup tackles. And you don't see that at all in the NFL, Whereas on the defensive line, you're most teams are all rotating all the time, with the exception of a team like the Dolphins, who play their inside guys basically the whole game. But you wonder if maybe that's what the NFL should start doing. Maybe getting those guys, those backups experience, and it also keeps your starters fresh.
Speaker 6: And think about it the way they've been practicing with Tyler Smith out, so TJ. Bass has practiced all week, and then with them resting, Zach Hoffman got in there and had.
Speaker 2: Practice all week.
Speaker 6: So while it was a you know, last minute change, but he had practiced all week and had prepared and as Tyler.
Speaker 2: Biattis told me, he said that he goes. We didn't blink.
Speaker 6: You know, these guys were prepared and that's what we do on our offense of line. And I thought, uh, that was one of the bigger parts of the game that they were able to survive with those guys playing. And who knows what happens this week, you know, you hope maybe Tyler Smith is back, I don't know.
Speaker 2: And then Zach, you.
Speaker 6: Know, with flu like systems symptoms, maybe he's he's good to go. And the fact that he didn't have to expend himself in the game might help him recover sooner.
Speaker 3: So that'll fly back with the team.
Speaker 2: I think he did.
Speaker 3: Yes, we can get another plane for him to be on myself everybody else else because this was as we talked about he was on the injury report. There were several guys that misspractice due to illness last week. I don'tefully get that over with.
Speaker 6: If they put him underneath in the cargo.
Speaker 3: All right, we're just getting started on this edition of Mixed Shots. We need an update on Stefan Gilmore, and we have so much more to get to. In fact, I wonder who won the picks to click.
Speaker 7: Oh, I'll go back exactly here on mix.
Speaker 9: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, and they snapped.
Speaker 3: The fresh dout who looks white. It's not there. He escaped, flapped. He'll look for a perch down.
Speaker 9: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands, says twenty eleven. They've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade crypto currency.
Speaker 3: Prescott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 9: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 7: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 9: Get started at blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 10: We know that juicy, cheesy, grilled to perfection. Burger sounds amazing, but it does sound like something is missing. Pepsi baby the yin to this burger's yang. Burgers and pepsi go together like well, like burgers and pepsi. This perfect blending of flavors makes every bite of let us, every sesame seed on the butt, and every sip of that crisp refreshing ice cool coola a journey to fotopia. Burgers better with pevsi, That's what I like.
Speaker 11: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 8: Did you know that responding to one spam call can lead to more? Or that the IRS would never ask for your Social Security number on the phone. Beat scammers at their own game by subscribing to AARP fraud Watch Network alerts and texts at AARP dot org. Slash Beat Scammers TX, you can sign up to receive information that helps you recognize and avoid the latest scams. That's AARP slash Beat Scammers TX.
Speaker 2: Demitted shots.
Speaker 4: K post roofing and Waterproofing. The official roofer of the Dallas Cowboys, Stefan Gilmour. Have we had any updates on how he.
Speaker 6: Is doing well? He claimed afterwards that he'd be good to go. I was told by member of the medical team that they popped the shoulder back in ouch and thought that he should be able to play come Sunday.
Speaker 2: And one of the things I said.
Speaker 6: So you can kind of harness it up so it doesn't slip out again, And they said, yep, absolutely so at this point in his mind, he's playing, which is a good thing.
Speaker 3: Ever since, did you ever deal with that shoulders?
Speaker 7: I saw.
Speaker 5: I witnessed something at Grambling State and that scared the.
Speaker 2: Hell out of me when they had to put it back in.
Speaker 5: Yes, the guy was laying on his cringe and they tied away to his oh, and it just dropped.
Speaker 7: I started crying. I was seventeen years old.
Speaker 3: I was like, what is going traumatizing?
Speaker 7: I'm like, what is happening here? What did he do?
Speaker 10: What?
Speaker 7: You know, I've never seen a show to go out before? Yeah, man that.
Speaker 4: I was watching the game yesterday in the studio with Isaiah stand Back and he was saying how he had a similar injury but it was a tear in his shoulder, and that they he played like the next week, but it limited how he would like do anything, like you couldn't you couldn't move your elbow up past your shoulder. And he said, so this is a lot better than some type of big tearror as far as you know.
Speaker 6: Sometimes when you just located, they call it a sublixation because it goes back in on its sown, right, slips out and slips back in. I think this one they had to put it back in.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 2: It reminded me of the time.
Speaker 6: Aikman dislocated one of his fingers and he went to Gogan and told him to pull it. That was the medical treatment he got in the huddle, go ahead pullet and and of course Gogan did right and put it back in place and he finished the game.
Speaker 5: Yeah, when you got real guts, when you can pull it yourself, right, I had. That's what I had to do. I had to pull mine myself. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I think that part looks good.
Speaker 6: And I don't think they had anybody else that Parsons went in the tent. I think it was a shoulder too.
Speaker 3: But shortly after the Gilmour injury, Lewis was hobbled a little bit after one play, but it looked like it was.
Speaker 6: He came back, he finished. Parsons obviously finished got his.
Speaker 3: That was one of those things. All they lost Gilmour.
Speaker 2: Oh no, now yeah, Well here's the weird thing.
Speaker 6: So when Gilmour went out, Nashan Wright had to come in and play left corner, and I'm going, well, the ball's going over there.
Speaker 5: First's what I thought they did. I just knew they were coming right at him. Yes, the matter he was over here. They looked the other way.
Speaker 2: Yes, the Yeah, he was the happiest guy in the stadium.
Speaker 6: I guarantee you that because I was thinking, because you know, Igbinogheny is always inactive, so now who's playing out there?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 6: So yeah, but they I think they'll I mean, it looks like they'll be Okay, Zach gets back and then we'll see on Tyler Smith see where he goes. So from an injury standpoint, they're they're in pretty good shape this late in the season.
Speaker 3: Of course, I remember last year in the playoffs, they were down to one cornerback on the roster. Basically mclambu was playing corner right, you know that San Francisco game, every down to nobody, you know, because they had already lost Anthony Brown and Jordan Lewis earlier in the season. So all right, what about our picks to click?
Speaker 9: I won?
Speaker 7: Thank you?
Speaker 1: I win.
Speaker 2: Who'd you pick?
Speaker 7: I picked? Uh?
Speaker 5: You got him? I picked Scott. I picked uh, Brandon Brenton Brendon.
Speaker 3: Cooks, Brandon Cooks. Okay, you got one touchdown.
Speaker 7: I picked that he would have two touchdowns.
Speaker 5: So I kind of missed that because, as we said, if you go over, it's like price is right.
Speaker 8: Yep.
Speaker 5: So you just but you came with some type of magic, voodoo type of explanation last night. You're talking about margin of victory. No one ever brought up margin of victory.
Speaker 3: That's what was your score?
Speaker 7: Pick?
Speaker 3: What was what score?
Speaker 7: Did you pick? Thirty five?
Speaker 3: Okay, so that's a twenty five point win.
Speaker 7: No, that's that's that is right, that is right on?
Speaker 2: Come on, well wait a minute. So if that's the case.
Speaker 7: Okay, wait what I beck?
Speaker 5: Okay, you picked forty four fourteen, so you thirty thirty over on both numbers.
Speaker 7: That's all it is.
Speaker 4: They'll always yes.
Speaker 6: Which, by the way, my guy had one hundred yards from scrimmage.
Speaker 7: That was good stuff. Who was good stuff'd?
Speaker 3: Yeah he was? And who was my way?
Speaker 7: My guy was probably and he was thirty to nothing.
Speaker 6: You were thirty and what's wait right there?
Speaker 7: Okay to talk to me, talk to.
Speaker 6: The one for two freakish plays they shut them out.
Speaker 7: Yeah that's true. But that's that that don't that don't come. That don't count.
Speaker 2: So we tied.
Speaker 3: We tied it with the best pick thirty.
Speaker 7: You guys tied at the bottom.
Speaker 2: I had the shut.
Speaker 5: Guys tied at the bottom. Savannah thirty to fourteen. Very respectable. Okay, right there right there? Give them are two picture blew it?
Speaker 4: So I mean you are injured? What am I supposed to?
Speaker 7: Hey man, that's just the way it goes.
Speaker 4: At least Will said, I am the.
Speaker 7: Closest thirty five ten. Come on, man, give me my love. You get it in my flowers, We'll let you have it.
Speaker 5: We're gonna go back over all these picks to click one of these days to see who's the best record.
Speaker 2: Dumb block? So maker didn't block the guy off the edge?
Speaker 7: What was that all about?
Speaker 2: He just he was slow?
Speaker 5: And then you know, I don't like this because here we go again, right, and you brought it up on the take.
Speaker 3: The field goal, like, come on.
Speaker 7: Man, this is the last game of the season again and here we.
Speaker 3: Go with this crowd. Yeah, come on man, let's I was a concern on the block field goal. It was when it was the doink of Like, I think.
Speaker 7: The block field goals had a lot to do with the doink you see to me.
Speaker 3: And make it Mikey bladed on the wind and then and then Brandon hits the next one, and it is is tried and all seasons wins. So I text, I texted, I guess the wind you were.
Speaker 2: You at the game was fiel the wind?
Speaker 7: So did the wind finally stop stopped blowing? Did you see how the games finally stopped blowing?
Speaker 4: To answer my question, football on the grass?
Speaker 2: Thank you?
Speaker 6: Did you see how the game started blew off the tee twice and then so when he was warming up in that direction, he was having to drive the ball to get it to the goal post right, and he was kicking low. So when he missed the what got blocked? I thought, Okay, he kicked it because I saw what was happening.
Speaker 7: Then he didn't really kick it low.
Speaker 6: That was no, he got blocked. But the wind going that way was was ridiculous.
Speaker 7: He was at the other end of.
Speaker 6: The He probably drove the ball like he should have.
Speaker 7: But what was it on the other end? No, are in the same end of the field.
Speaker 6: Yow.
Speaker 3: But it was good having that fifty yard er to Okay, yeah, so this wasn't the thirty five before. We're not flukes. But but how about the opening kickoff?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 3: It was like from the Peanuts cartoon or Charlie Brown or Lucy. So they had to have somebody holding my wife. I was watching with my wife. She's like, what do they do? I say, Well, the wind's blowing and they got to have someone And nobody out there has ever held for a field goal or anything before. And so one yea Thomas gets down there. He's got like his finger on top.
Speaker 4: Of the ball.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then they realized, wait a second, if this doesn't go through the end zone like the seventy nine before have gone through the end zone, we want one year Thomas to get down the field fast to make a tackle, so he didn't need to be the safety. Okay, and so let's get was it Deshaun Wright who came over. Seawn Wright comes over and he starts lining up like like it's a left aided kicker. He lines up with the wrong he got.
Speaker 2: I laughed out.
Speaker 6: I asked, was on the bus with us going to the airport? And I said, so, were you worried about your finger? He goes, oh, no, man, I had it. They needed me to cover, so that's why they switched.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I figured that's why they switched. But it was so funny. And then right goes over and he gets on the wrong side. This is turn out well? And it turned out well.
Speaker 6: I was saying before the game, better score touchdowns and not be kicking field goals because that wind was unbelievable and it was coming like the flags were blowing in on both ends of the stadium.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 6: And their guy was really struggling in warm ups too, and he ended up did he did he know maybe it was in warm ups he hit the upright? Did he miss the field goal.
Speaker 3: To Joyce slide fly? I remember, take too much trouble to look, give ony notes and find that all right? When we come back, what do we want to talk about when we come back here. Let's make it a longer segment coming back, Jack Prescott, I'll go see the MVP. Okay, MVP. When we come back. You're on mixed shots.
Speaker 11: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 12: Cowboys Football and Miller Lyte.
Speaker 7: What a pairing can.
Speaker 12: Crack's a kickoff tailgates going way past postgame Sunday night overtimes, followed by Monday morning swag Brisky in the Smoker Light and the Creek, America's team playing America's greatest sport. Miller Lite, the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas Cowboys football tastes like Miller Time Celebrate Responsibly twenty twenty three, Miliberal and Company, Fort Worth, Texas.
Speaker 8: Did you know that responding to one spam call can lead to more? Or that the IRS would never ask for your Social Security number on the phone? Beat scammers at their own game. By subscribing to AARP Fraud Watch Network Alerts and texts. At AARP dot org slash Beat Scammers TX, you can sign up to receive information that helps you recognize and avoid the latest scams. That's AARP dot org slash Beat Scammers TX.
Speaker 10: You know that sound Anywhere's the crisp crunch, the first nacho chip with its perfect cheese to sour cream ratio sitting atop a layer of delicious beans. It's a sip away from perfection. That's what we're looking for, a delicious, refreshing pepsi, and we've achieved absolute nacho nirvana. Because while you can pile those nachos high with every spicy, cheesy, savory topping, there's no topping a cool Petsy finish nachos better with PEPSI that's what I like.
Speaker 4: Shuts your Dallas Cowboys return home to take on the Green Bay Packers in the wild Card round of the twenty twenty three Playoffs. Get ready to wipe out at and T Stadium on Sunday, January fourteenth at three point thirty pm on Fox. It's time to Seize Everything. For playoff updates, visit Dallas Cowboys dot com, Slash Playoffs Flawless, Thank You.
Speaker 3: Seize Everything, Carpe Omnia Omnia, Nate and Frisco has an update. Stephen Jones on one O five to three The Fan uh speaking about Stefan Gilmour quote, we certainly had the MRI this morning and feel like that he should do nothing but improve and be ready to play against the Packers on Sundays. So there's the latest on Steffan Gilbour.
Speaker 7: So it didn't happen on the fall. It was didn't happen.
Speaker 5: On the when he reached, when he reached, because he almost got it out.
Speaker 7: Sometimes that's how it comes out.
Speaker 6: You know, I was thinking he broke it up because we're so far away. It was it was our view in the press box just sucks. It was worse than the NFL. And the worst part was in the first half their PA would out so they couldn't announce anything. I had to look on the Jesus uh uh website for down in distance.
Speaker 3: Would you please explain what Jesus website I would like to do? I would actually McKey if you give me the website. I would like to do a daily devotional Jesus website.
Speaker 7: The Cowboys.
Speaker 6: I thought this was something new in the press box where they don't announce anything. Right, you're on your You're going to explain the Jesus website GSIS.
Speaker 7: What does it do?
Speaker 2: It's live play by place.
Speaker 4: I have it up in space. It's a stat you know, like tracker, and it has all the teams, all the games, and you can live.
Speaker 5: So can we just call it GSI S No, there's truth on there, and so we call it the Jesus Website.
Speaker 2: Jesus, that's what it's called.
Speaker 7: Uncompromising all right?
Speaker 3: I got digress there?
Speaker 2: Yeah, where were we?
Speaker 3: I just thought we'd needed that rest, that's right. MVP MVP thirty one of thirty six in the game.
Speaker 6: Eighty percent completion rate, four touchdowns.
Speaker 4: Finishes the season with four thousand, five hundred and seventeen yards, thirty six touchdowns, and nine interceptions.
Speaker 5: Overall, I have four thousand, five hundred and sixteen yards.
Speaker 7: WHOA right there, Jesus, this is just NFL. This says NFL.
Speaker 2: This is the officials.
Speaker 7: So it is seventeen four.
Speaker 6: Thousand, five hundred and sixteen yards.
Speaker 7: Jesus. I'm not going to say it. I'm not gonna say Jesus is wrong.
Speaker 6: So he finished number one in touchdowns thirty six, number two and percentage of touchdowns, and with that goofy interception, he ended up fourth in percentage of interceptions. His quarterback rating was second one oh five point nine and his completions were first four hundred and ten. So if you're just looking at stats, he was awfully good. The only quarterback with a better rating was pretty at one thirteen and had helped. I think he had one game that was perfect, like a one fifty eight to three or something whatever the point is. So yeah, he was awfully good, and boy was he accurate too. He was zinging the ball in there. I think the only one he kind of really missed, Cooks was open.
Speaker 2: In the end zone.
Speaker 7: One time and he overthrew them.
Speaker 2: But other than that, that.
Speaker 7: Would have been my two touchdowns for Cooks.
Speaker 6: It's the freakers play, right, So yeah, he Savannah, You're exactly right.
Speaker 2: He was awfully, awfully good.
Speaker 5: So when we're looking at his competition, are they going by performance? Are they going by team performance?
Speaker 3: They're going by whatever Lamar Jackson did. Y who's getting the MVP.
Speaker 2: Because they'll look at his rushing year.
Speaker 3: They awarded it last all his I had a dad a ceremony last week.
Speaker 7: He didn't have to play an extra game. He ably had to play. He only had to play fifteen games.
Speaker 5: Uh huh yeah, So what's is what I wanted to know what Lamar's rushing stats were in regards to Yordash and touchdowns.
Speaker 6: He rushed one hundred and forty eight times for eight hundred and twenty one yards, five touchdowns average five point five a carry.
Speaker 3: Okay, so there's five rushing touchdowns. How many passing touchdowns he had?
Speaker 7: Twenty four?
Speaker 6: Thank you?
Speaker 3: So that gives him to twenty nine? What other touchdowns we're going to give him?
Speaker 7: That's it.
Speaker 3: That's still receiving touchdowns for him, no return touchdowns. So Maak is at thirty six passing right.
Speaker 4: I don't think he's leading the league.
Speaker 6: He didn't run one end, did he?
Speaker 5: I can't remember, Dad, Yeah, no, no, he didn't have to. There's a lot of running around before he found CD.
Speaker 3: Now he's talking about on the season.
Speaker 7: On the season, yes, oh, yes he did. I think you had two or three.
Speaker 6: Well, I'll tell you. He ended up the third leading rusher with two hundred and forty two yards and two touchdowns.
Speaker 3: So it gives him thirty eight touchdowns, so nine ahead on touchdowns. How many interceptions for Lamar? Like seven in dexit nine seven, So we'll give Lamar that category. Okay, So if we're going to just we are the committee deciding who the NFL MVP is.
Speaker 7: You like that idea, and.
Speaker 5: We're going to be the committee where the committee have to we have to fairly put block party up there as well.
Speaker 6: And where's the majority of the votes coming from.
Speaker 3: They're coming from this room. We're the ones that are deciding this is our this is our fantasy.
Speaker 6: MV answered my question, and probably people on the East Coast didn't watch pretty play many games.
Speaker 7: That's true.
Speaker 3: That's kind of like the reason that very quick to also, let's call it like it is, the.
Speaker 7: Status.
Speaker 5: Your status is predetermined by how you're taken. Your fact that he's mister irrelevant, that's gonna always I don't care if he was on the East Coast.
Speaker 7: The fact that he was mister irrelevant.
Speaker 5: I think that's always going to be something counted against him speaking as an undress free agent, even though damn.
Speaker 13: Will even contract negotiations, especially contract negotiations, especially if you got somebody like Gil Brad, you gotta deal with always trying to catch up, but you never do.
Speaker 3: You know what though? On DK and we just were unanimous, right, we just awarded Dak the m v P. Okay, he's the Mixed Shots m VP.
Speaker 2: Okay, we need to give him a reward.
Speaker 3: Give black he's going to get.
Speaker 7: The way, we'll sketch something.
Speaker 3: Now, he would not done the division champ.
Speaker 2: I ready to say that, Yeah, but yes he would.
Speaker 7: That's how we need a cap.
Speaker 2: Because he knew who explained here we go.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's right. You got national publicity for that, right, Jason Garrett interview.
Speaker 2: And it keeps coming up.
Speaker 6: Oh, the difference between last year and this year, and if you listen to how he answers the question.
Speaker 2: It was like, well, you know, it's everybody right.
Speaker 6: The offensive line meaning he's not getting hit when he's throwing the ball, the receivers running precise routes meaning not bad routes or leading to my interceptions by the way, he didn't spell it out, and he goes and even this year got a tip ball that was a completion instead of an interception.
Speaker 7: So, okay, you talk about sex.
Speaker 5: This is where I think he really should be considered MVP. He got sacked thirty nine times, okay, two or twenty nine times, Golf thirty.
Speaker 7: Howell sixty five. We won't even bring that one up to.
Speaker 2: He was on pace to get sacked ninety times.
Speaker 7: That's crazy. He got sacked sixty five times.
Speaker 5: But when you look at the serious contenders for the MVP race at the quarterback position, Dak was sacked.
Speaker 7: Thirty nine times. That's a lot of sacks.
Speaker 3: Somebody yet Lamar's sacks Lamar, where's my buddy?
Speaker 7: There's Lamar? Oh? I can tell you hang on well thirty seven times, okay.
Speaker 5: And to me that when you look at both of these players and you look at the fact that they've been sacked, that many times. That to me, just bowged is how well they played this year. You can have a number still were good. His numbers were still the best he's ever had. And I think he's been sacked thirty nine times. That might be the most he's been sacked in one season.
Speaker 6: Well, think about this also, that's resiliency right now. I saw this stat. I don't know where it came from, but going into the either the last game or the last two games, he had been hit more times than any other quarterback.
Speaker 5: That's not on here. I was looking for it, but I don't think. I don't think they have it on here that I was looking for as well.
Speaker 4: But he did not get hit yesterday, and that's yeah, that is key. He needs all the protection protection he can get going into this weekend.
Speaker 5: Two hundred and fifty five yards sack yards.
Speaker 3: The most that has been.
Speaker 5: Sacked sack yards like lost, yes, per game, Yes, the most overall this go ahead side of you.
Speaker 3: You mentioned do you think that might be the most Dak has been sacked in the season. There he was sacked fifty six times in twenty eighteen. I don't recall that fifty six sacks in twenty eighteen a Pro Bowl season.
Speaker 4: Really and yeah, they went to the wild card that year against Seattle Man.
Speaker 7: You gotta give a guy credit for that, you know, he and Lamar.
Speaker 5: You have to give him credit for the fact that you're able to hang in there time and time again and you're just looking for an opening for success, and that opening is really small when you get sacked that many times. So to be that focus game in and game out. To me, you know, any quarterback that has these kind of stats, I would look at him and say, that's a tough sumper bitch.
Speaker 6: They should have it half it him and CD CD thirty five catches. I know he led the league and he was sucond in a year.
Speaker 3: Yard I only fifty in its yards from scrimmage. I haven't added it up, but yards from scrimmage, I bet he led Tyreek in yards from scrimmage, rushing and receiving.
Speaker 7: And that's impressive when you talk about Tyreek.
Speaker 6: Hill most yards from scrimmage.
Speaker 3: Now, McCaffrey led everybody.
Speaker 6: Twenty twenty three with caffrey.
Speaker 3: McCaffrey and c d in sixteen games eighteen sixty two, and then what's Tyrek Hill was next at eighteen fourteen.
Speaker 7: There you go.
Speaker 3: So he's forty eight yards ahead of Tyre as much a great season that Tyreek had, And they were talking about him being in the MVP conversation before the last month of the season. Of course, he battled through an injury the last month. Well, Seed's numbers are right up there, basically equal with Tyreek for the season. But can do you think ce d can do the flip that that Tyreek did last night?
Speaker 5: No, but I think he can dance better than Yeah, he can dance better than Tyreek.
Speaker 7: See, he looks smooth.
Speaker 5: I don't want to see him doing anything slee He look like he can be real.
Speaker 3: I want to head up the river down which, by the way, at the end of that game Buffalo and Miami last night, Tyreek got hurt, came out in that last interception they were throwing to Chase Claypool, who I think has six catches.
Speaker 7: On the year.
Speaker 3: And I'm not knowing exactly what the route was. I'm thinking that that Claypool didn't run that route like two way expecting him to run that route, and which is which is a point being a lot of times these interceptions are on the receiver and not on the quarterback.
Speaker 5: And I got to go back to, uh these numbers. Uh God, I forgot what it's gonna say, Bill, you talk too much, no, but no, these in regards to Dak, we were talking about the sacks and the yardage. Damn, I forgot what I was gonna say. Guys, I really had something good.
Speaker 3: Wait to go, Bill, that's okay.
Speaker 7: I think.
Speaker 2: His career season, career still up, Daks.
Speaker 3: What would you like?
Speaker 5: I was gonna say, even before last game, Dak's numbers still we're at the top. Yeah, even before this last game, his numbers still couldn't be eclipsed by these other quarterbacks.
Speaker 6: He had five hundred and ninety attempts.
Speaker 3: And twice before in his career he's had more than that. He had exactly five hundred and ninety six attempts in twenty nineteen and twenty twenty one, so he was six below that.
Speaker 7: And you said, last year, what twelve games? Only? Right?
Speaker 3: And that was that was in twenty nineteen and twenty twenty one. He played sixteen games in this of course, was seventeen games.
Speaker 7: What was that? Ever? Since last year was twelve games?
Speaker 3: Last year was twelve games and he had three hundred and ninety four attempts and in twelve games had the led the league with fifteen interceptions.
Speaker 4: And to just put the cherry on top, Dak led the Cowboys to four division titles as a starting quarterback. And he's the first to do that since Troy. It meant.
Speaker 6: Four division titles because Romo only had.
Speaker 3: This is the Cowboys fifth division title in the last ten years. So as Romo in twenty fourteen and then Dak in twenty sixteen.
Speaker 6: Did they didn't they not win the division in twenty two thousand and seven? Yeah, they were thirteen.
Speaker 7: And three with Romo?
Speaker 6: Correct, Yes, So how many did they give him? Two?
Speaker 7: Three?
Speaker 4: So Dak has four? So the twenty yeah, twenty sixteen, did.
Speaker 3: You say twenty?
Speaker 6: Dak's first one was twenty sixteen.
Speaker 4: Twenty sixteen, twenty two.
Speaker 7: Twenty eighteen, Yes, seven.
Speaker 4: Twenty one, and now twenty three.
Speaker 2: Two thousand and seven.
Speaker 3: They wanted him two nine, they wanted in nine, Okay, so Romo would be seven nine and fourteen. There's three division titles for Romo and so Troy was ninety two, ninety three, four, ninety five, ninety six and ninety eight.
Speaker 5: Right when they were undefeated in I gotta say, when you talk about narrative, you always hear about Lamar.
Speaker 7: They always bring.
Speaker 5: Up his name right the way he plays, the way his team plays, and where they are. The Olsen seemed to be the only really commentator to just outright say Dak is in the race.
Speaker 3: He was the first one to do it back in October when it was crazy to say it. You know, it was because it was two weeks I think it was maybe the Rams game. It was two weeks after the San Francisco game, and Greg Olsen said, you know what, if Dak keeps playing like this, I think that's how he couched it. If he keeps playing like this, he's going to be in that MVP conversation.
Speaker 5: I must admit I've never heard Troy bring it up. It just doesn't there's no doesn't you know to me, if you're going to talk about it, it should be talked about every game because it's evident every game, and when Troy did our games, they were good games. It's that Dak had. I'm just surprised that he never brings that. Gives him credit now for playing the way he plays, I think, but he never uses those three alphabets.
Speaker 6: I think he checks himself on purpose.
Speaker 7: You can tell he doesn't that he wants.
Speaker 6: To make sure people think he's objective.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but then say it.
Speaker 5: You know, after a while, it's just out there and it's not your job to not check yourself. Your job is to point out something that's pretty obvious.
Speaker 2: And and think about it.
Speaker 6: With that, the narrative when they started the season about how they wanted to run the.
Speaker 3: Ball on I think, did you see how they ran the ball? Yeah?
Speaker 5: But his thing I never got to go. But they talked about you know, the coaches lied. They said McCarthy lied. Well, he didn't lie.
Speaker 3: He did what a good coach does and whatever works for you. I mean, if if Emtt's gonna become the all time leading run and keep giving the ball to him, you.
Speaker 6: Know what they needed to say is we needed to run more effectively. You don't have to run it more when you got a quarterback like Dak Prescott, right.
Speaker 3: Right, all right, so much more to get to and I think there's so far Tommy coaches fired today. So far happened at night Arthur Smith at Atlanta and Ron Rivera and there was a GM also like Carolina right in Carolina. Ye, temper sure is a lot nicer talking about what we're talking about.
Speaker 7: My food went down so well yesterday.
Speaker 6: That's not not to defend temper. That happened in Jacksonville. And I remember when Cowboys played at Jacksonville and I had some friends sitting underneath Jerry booth.
Speaker 2: It is sweet and it's open air.
Speaker 6: My friends told me the fans underneath spent the whole game cussing Jerry out, just yelling and screaming. So Tepper by the cops.
Speaker 2: Tepper might have handled it not as well.
Speaker 7: As Jerry did.
Speaker 3: And as we wrap it up, Yes, I got Washington tonight.
Speaker 4: I Washington tonight too.
Speaker 3: You got Washington, Yeah.
Speaker 7: Absolutely, I don't know what the hell you're talking about.
Speaker 2: Washington Championship.
Speaker 7: Oh yes, I have you done.
Speaker 3: I have very good there too, all right, and we will shout at you again tomorrow here on.
Speaker 2: Mix Shots, Good Old Cowboys, Good week can agree on something.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club