Speaker 1: Welcome in. We'll drive in the great episode three eighty eight. As we get to week ten, I can't believe it. Week ten in the NFL, as we react to the trade deadline and a little bit of NBA as well as the Lakers kept us up quite late last night, and Luca reminded everyone more on this than just a second that Wimby might be coming. But he's not quite there yet. And we will, in fact, you know what we will before we get to trade deadline. We're gonna do a little bit on the Lakers in the Spurs. But this episode of the show is brought to you by boost Mobile and we'll get right to it. Demonsay straight to voicemail, brought to you by boost Mobile. Zion out seven to ten days with a hamstring injury. At this point, let's just do send in the Zion for Joh trade. Jos lost his joy. The Grizzlies are a mess. The Pelicans are a mess, like they were one two in a draft. Just see if that fixes anything for either one of these guys. I have two. Which of my fake Joh trades do you like more? My three team maligned Southeastern point guard trade of John to Charlotte LaMelo to Atlanta trade of Memphis or joh for Zion? Straight up, which one do you like more?
Speaker 2: The first one? I think. I think the Pelicans probably want Zion more than they want Jah turning a corner. He's just kind of hamstring thing going on right now.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, he's turning the corner, except for the fact that he has now hurt again. I mean, and the Pelican drafted Derek Queen, who's a little redundant with Zion. I don't know those teams. Both teams are a mess for being totally honest. And this is if I didn't say the straight to voicemail brought to you by Boost Mobile Thursday night Football Raiders at Broncos. And then the Lakers get a great win last night against the Spurs. So let's just talk about that for a second. Luca's been absolutely historically great in the games he's played. Only Wilt has ever scored more points through the opening five games of a season, and he did it twice. Then Luca's even two hundred through the first five games this year. And the listen, the Spurs have been excellent, and I understand the Spurs are dealing with injuries of their own. But it is hard not to look at the Lakers with no Lebron, with Austin having missed time, and obviously Luca's missed some time as well, sitting at seven and two alone in second place in the Eastern Conference, only behind the Thunder and obviously I shouldn't say obviously and shockingly the Chicago Bulls for overall record in the NBA. But it's very hard to look at Luca doing what he's doing and the Lakers sitting at seven and two, and then not also look at the Mavericks doing what they're doing, sitting in dead last in the Western Conference at two and six, and not revisit what is will go down in history as one of the most inexplicable, indefensible, unforced errors a franchise has ever made. And I know there was a very brief moment when people were like, well, now that they've gotten Cooper Flag, maybe it all works out. Demons. I'm here to tell you if Nico Harrison today called up Rob Bolenka and said we will trade you Anthony Davis and Cooper Flag for Luka Doncic, they would say, no, that is and the how good is Luca. Really, conversation that was briefly had last year was categorically insane from start to finish, and up to this moment of the season, he's been either the best or the second best player in the sport. Giannis is playing at a just incomprehensible level and Luca has missed time. But Luca giving you a nice tidy forty eleven and nine on fifty percent shooting, despite shooting thirty percent from three, has just been not shocking because you know how good he is, but remarkable and it's why you know a lot of people This isn't me picking on Bill, but Bill probably the most noteworthy of the folks that coming into the year, we're just totally, unabashedly, unequivocally writing the Lakers off as having any chance, any chance to be a real contender. And the reason that struck me as a little myopic was, Man, if you had all of NBA history tells us, if you have a clear cut top three guy, unless the team is just in total shambles around him, you're at least contender adjacent. And Luca has been a clear cut top three guy. Obviously, again, the honest has been great Shay has been unbelievable, and the thunder losing last night's shocking because it's shocking that they lose. That team is going to win seventy games if they want to. But the Lakers surviving this stretch of no Lebron, Luca in and out of the lineup, beating the Spurs who have been red hot, and now say it again like yeah, I mean and Reeves obviously playing great. And now if you're the Lakers, I don't know when Lebron's coming back. But over the next two weeks you have Atlanta, Charlotte, OKC, Brutal, New Orleans, Milwalk that's a road trip, and then Utah Utah. So you've got seven games over the next two and a half weeks, all of them on the road, except for one game against Utah before you start a homestand which is maybe where they would hope Lebron could come back. And the expectation should be to go five and two in that seven game stretch, at the very least four and three and be eleven and five, twelve and four through the first month and a half of the season, well really the first month of the season, which would be phenomenal and so Luca's just playing out of his mind, just absolutely out of his mind. And Austin, when Luca wasn't there, was playing out of his mind, and you thought I was gonna skip it. Demonse, credit where it's due.
Speaker 2: Minutes last night.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, I'm not talking, Bronnie. I'm talking. I'm talking. I don't know if it's fair to call him your guy guy.
Speaker 2: Dere Yeah, dominating. He showed up last night. He's been good.
Speaker 1: He was really rough very early on, but twenty two and ten last night when they were super shorthanded, twenty nine and ten against the Blazers. The no, he's been he's he's played well for him, and so fair is fair. Credit to Blinka, a lot of credit to JJ Reddick who has this team ready to play every night, and Jake la Ravia has done well. They're legit. They're legit seven and two beating the Spurs, uh without Austin Reeves and obviously no lebron And they did try to blow it at the end, but whatever, like that's the way, you know, not at all now. I didn't. I didn't write them off because of the respect for Luca and because I felt like when Lebron comes back, they'll still be one of the only teams in the league with two top ten guys, because that's what we'll see what Lebron is this year. But last year he was a clear top eight guy. But no, I didn't think they'd be able to handle Lebron missing the first ten games, plus Austin being out of the lineup some, Luca being out of the lineup some, and I mean they've been they've been excellent. So credit to the Lakers. All right, let's get to the trade line.
Speaker 2: Super big, super busy trade deadline yesterday, and a lot of it formulated around the Jets getting rid of players because they can't do anything, trading over to Dallas and Indianapolis. Which team would you like to start with first?
Speaker 1: I want to start with the Cowboys, Okay, so yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 2: After trading for Logan Wilson, Dallas followed up by trading a Hall first in a second, I believe for Quinn Williams. Yep, Jerry Jones is talking about how he wants to win now because of his age. Doesn't kind of seem like their season is already over.
Speaker 1: Well, their seasons definitely already over, And I explained this in short form on TV, but I am going to lay it out further here. They barely barely got more for Micah Parsons than they traded away for Quinn Williams. So let's do the actual accounting of what the Cowboys got for Micah Parsons. Okay, they got the next two Packer first round picks, which we obviously don't know what picks those will be. But this year, the Packers right now have the twenty fourth pick of the draft. It would you know, it could go up if they go on a real playoff run. It could go down if they get bounced in round one, but that's what they have. And then next year's Packers' first round pick, and they got Kenny Clark more on him in a moment. For quinnn Williams, they traded away their own second round pick, which right now would be the forty sixth pick of the draft. So again in the Ka trade and quinnin trade, they received what would be the twenty fourth pick and sent out what would be the forty sixth pick, so a twenty two pick jump. Will see how those move, but that's a good framework, and then they will be sending out whatever is the better pick between their own first after next season and the Packers first after next season. So there is no chance whatsoever none that for the twenty twenty seven first rounder that they receive a better pick from the Packers than they give to the Jets, because whatever the better pick is, they give to the Jets. And then you add to it that, because you have traded for Quinn Williams and signed Oshia Digazua to an extension, you almost assuredly are this offseason cutting Kenny Clark. The best case scenario for the Cowboys is the different in draft compensation they gave up for Quinn Williams compared to what they received for Micah Parsons is the equivalent of about a third round pick. And the worst case scenario is they actually ended up giving up more for Quinn Williams than they received for Micah Parsons. And you might say, how could that be, Well, here's how it could be. The Cowboys in up drafting tenth in this year's draft, so that'd be second round pick forty two. The Packers make it forget even win the Super Bowl, make it to the conference championship game, they give up, so they give to Dallas' first round pick twenty nine, so that's a thirteen pick delta. Next year, the Packers make it back to the conference championship game, they give Dallas the twenty ninth pick again, and next year Dak Prescott gets hurt. The Cowboys have a year from hell and they end up getting or hell. They just have the same year they had this year where Dak doesn't get hurt and they but they have a bad year. They have the tenth pick of that draft and they give that pick to the Jets. It is absolutely on the board. What they receive from Green Bay are two picks in the late twenties, and what they give to the Jets is a pick in the low forties and a pick in the teams, which is when you are sending out a more valuable younger player. Just totally unacceptable. I understand quinnin is cheaper than Micah, but that is not enough to offset the difference in value of the players impact on the field. And so this Cowboys move, even if Quinn Williams is really good and I think he is, is as baffling of an NFL trade as you'll see for years, and it totally goes against demons. Jerry's whole take, which was trading.
Speaker 2: Micah defense stop the run.
Speaker 1: Well, no, no, no, stop the run part of it. It does work because cornewilliams better at that than Micah, but he kept saying, we'll be able to get three or four players. You got two extra picks for Micah, you gave two extra picks up for Quinnen. And again that the Cowboys agreeing to send the better of the two picks they have in the twenty twenty seven draft is unfathomable because here's the other piece of it. Let's say Jordan Love a year from now gets hurt and the Packers fall off a cliff in a very difficult NFC North, and the Packers have the sixth pick of the draft two years from now. You don't get that now. That goes to the Jets.
Speaker 2: So it's right in line with everything else that's been going on with the Cowboys and Jerry. It makes sense. It doesn't make sense for it makes sense for Jerry to be doing it.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's just awful business. Now the Colts piece of it is more understandable, but somehow even riskier. So go ahead.
Speaker 2: The Colts are seeming to go all in on Daniel Jones. They traded two first rounders to get Sauce Gardner. Do you think that this is a little bit too earlier for them?
Speaker 1: I I respect the guts, and unlike the Dallas move, you at least see the logic of it. The logic of it is, we have our quarterback, we like our team, We are trying to win right now, Let's add a blue chip player, which Sauce has been at the first two years of his career. He has not been the last year and a half. But you know, you know, he's young, and he's on a cost control deal. You believe they obviously believe you can get back to it. So that's the logic of it. It is the exact same logic that led to the Dolphins trading for Tyreek, that led to the Packers trading for Micah. We we love our team, think adding one more piece can put us over the top. Oh, I understand it. I think it's one of the riskiest moves I have seen a team make in ten years. So here are the circumstances over the last decade. Demonse that teams have traded away multiple first round picks for a player not during the draft, but for an established player. The Chicago Bears traded two first round picks for Khalil Mack. They did that one year after spending the second pick of the draft on Mitch Krubisky. They were wrong, but they thought, we've got our quarterback. Let's go add to the defense. The Rams traded two first round picks away for Jalen Ramsey. They did that month's removed from going to the Super Bowl with golf. They said, we've got our quarterback, let's add to the defense. Again. They ended up souring on that quarterback, but they believed they had the quarterback. The Jets, I'm sorry. The Seahawks traded away two first round picks for Jamal Adams in twenty twenty. They believed Russell's you know we're gonna be our quarterback long term. Let's go at another piece again. That trade was a catastrophe, but they had real reason to believe their quarterback was in place. Obviously, The Packers traded away two first rounders for Micah and I might be leaving one out for the Colts to be doing this, not only when it's just been a half season of good Daniel Jones but and this part's important to manse. They don't even have Daniel Jones locked up on a contract is stunning.
Speaker 2: I mean the Bears go ahead, I mean Daniel, like Daniel could leave or something or leave them high and dry or no.
Speaker 1: But they are now over a barrel on back.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's because when it comes time, cap space is already too high.
Speaker 1: That's fair well, and it's it's the it's how are you going to replace me? You don't have a first round pick this year or next year, and the franchise tag number is forty six million dollars.
Speaker 2: Daniel Jones, I guess strikes me as a team friendly type of guy.
Speaker 1: I buddy, he already got four years one sixty from the Giants when they were in this situation. I don't know, know like.
Speaker 2: The he.
Speaker 1: The Colts have put themselves in a position now where Daniel is gonna get all call my shout on it right now, four years, one hundred and eighty million dollars forty five million dollars a year. And the other piece of it that is wildly risky if you're the Colts, is they even if you believe Daniel Jones is just good, bad circumstances, bad luck, bad coaching with the Giants. Dating back to his last year of college, there has been one season he was fully healthy. So you are putting all in college, he broke his collar bone. In the pros, he's torn his acl out, a neck injury, an ankle out of hamstring. You are putting all your eggs in this basket in a way that is stunning to me. Stunning. They have painted themselves in a corner where yep, we saw eight good games from Daniel Jones. I know they've played nine, but the last one was awful. Eight good games from Daniel Jones, and now we are gonna remove any ability we have to pivot at that position. And it's gutsy, it is. It's a real go all in move. I just wonder how it's gonna feel if this season ends with them hosting a wild card playoff game against the Patriots and getting beat and they're one and done and it's like, Okay, this is just our team now. Like I wouldn't have done it. I also think it is fair to ask, is that too much to pay for anything? Yeah? For any well, for any corner, pis a lot it and so like would it shock anyone. Here's the question I would have because when the Packers traded for Micah, it was it would have shocked people. If the Packers this year ended up with the ninth pick of the draft, right like, that would have been stunning, Right would it shock? Would it be shocking if next year at this moment the culture three and six? Would that shock people? Wouldn't shock me? And so it is Their past defense was bad. Lou Ana Arumo now has a great that probably the best corner he's ever had since he's been a coordinator. It's a hell of a move, but it would have been too rich for my blood. That's the thing. The Cowboys and the Colts making moves that I think would have been insane for the Chiefs or the Bills to make. Is something else. All right, let's get to the other side of.
Speaker 2: These the Jets. They now have five first round picks over the next two years, so surely they can't mess this up, right they They're probably gonna get it on the track.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, this is the exact situation they found themselves in which got him Quinnin and Sauce and Garrett Wilson and then they you know, they're now full blown, blown it up.
Speaker 2: Just got to get the quarterback, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I respect the Jets recognizing we are nowhere close and by the time we get close, Quinnin is probably out of his prime. Right he turns twenty eight here in a couple of weeks and sauce, I'm sure they wanted to keep but too first is just too rich of a price, particularly when it's too first from again from a team that's not like an established, every year good team. And so now, yeah, you've got a draft smart And if I'm the Jets, i am potentially in this year's draft, I'm open for business as well. I might move down there's not a quarterback I love. I might be willing to trade my own pick, which could be you know, the first, second, third, fourth pick of the draft, for even more draft capital and try to full on fully rebuild the team. It is good process. They just have to hit on these players. And I understand people can say, oh, the draft's a crap shoot. Here's the thing it, Yes, the draft is a crap shoot. But the fact of the matter is this, if you have a no doubt franchise quarterback on your team, unless your team unless your quarterback's name is Dak Prescott or Jalen Hurts. That quarterback was taken in round one. Every people can talk all this stuff about, oh, well you can find quarterbacks anywhere. No, every single team that has the no doubt franchise quarterback, that quarterback was a first round pick except for Dak and Jail. That's it. Like, who are the no doubt franchise quarterbacks? They were first round picks. So the Jets acquiring a bunch of first round picks for a team that hasn't been able to get quarterback right is obviously something they need to do. And so I I don't begrudge it, begrudge them that I do feel badly for their fans because it's just perpetual rebuild too.
Speaker 2: Man, Like we just gave away everybody because you're trash.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, I mean we'll feel I mean, Fields isn't the guy. I mean, just he isn't the guy? What's the point?
Speaker 2: Like? Feels how bad for that? I like justin Fields? Oh, but Kansas City, they were trying to trade a fourth for Breese Hall. The Jets wanted a third. Are you surprised that they couldn't get anything?
Speaker 1: Done there no listen, I trading a third round pick for eight games of Breese Hall and then he walks in free agency would have been bad process. I and I think the Chief the Chiefs offense is gonna be fine. They need the offensive lineman back, and the offense is gonna be great. I'm not worried about the offense. I would have liked them to try to trade for a pass rusher. I thought what Philly did in adding Jail and Phillips was good, but you know that is I am I And I also, if I were Veach, I probably would have also held my ground because it's like, really, Jets, you're gonna after trading away Sauce and quinnin, you're gonna hold on to a running back who you're just gonna let walk in free agency? And the the Jets were like, yeah, we are. But I would have also, I would have played that game of chicken. I'm surprised the Jets didn't agree to it. All right. Today's show is brought to you by our new presenting sponsor, hard Rock Bet. Great week to try out the Herd hard Rock Bets sportsbook app because there's so much going on, not just week ten Football, NBA, college football, college hoops all share the stage. There's always something to bet on. If you haven't tried your first bet on hard rock bet yet, there's still time for you to get one hundred fifty dollars in bonus bets if you win. Just plays a five dollars bet and if it hits, you get not only your winnings, but one hundred fifty dollars in extra bonus bets. And if you're looking for an edge before you lock in, there's the stats hub on hard rock bet Load with trend streaks and stats to help guide your picks. Numbers don't lie, and neither does the data in there. Here's something that stood out to me. The underdo as an underdog. San Francisco has covered four straight against the Rams. A little Shanahan McVeigh is stat there. Philly has won nine in a row against the NFC North, their dogs in green Bay Monday. They started the year off last year by beating Green Bay. They ended Green Bay's last year a year last year by beating by beating them in the playoffs. Check out the stats up now, get the edge and bet with confidence. The hard Rock bet sports book apps the only legal sportsbook for whenever you're in Florida, and it's also live in Arizona, Ohio, New Jersey, Indiana, Tennessee, Virginia, Illinois, and Colorado. Coming soon to more states too. Plus, hard Rock Bet offers new promos every single day, so whenever, wherever, whenever you're listening, pardon me, just open the app and check out what they've got any day of the week. Download hard Rock Bet app and make your first deposit, payble and bonus bets not a cash offer offered by the Seminal Tribe of Florida. In Florida, offered by Seminal hard Rock Digital LLC and all other states. Must be twenty one plus and physically present in Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, New Jersey, Ohio, Tennessee, or Virginia to play. Terms and conditions apply. Concerned about gambling in Florida, call one eight eight eight admit it. In Indiana, if you are someone you know as a gambling problem wants help, call one eight hundred and nine with it. Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler in Arizona, Colorado, Illinois, New Jersey, Ohio, Tennessee, or Virginia. All right, demand, let's keep going.
Speaker 2: All right, Creams are the crop in the NFC. Are going aad to head in Philly and green Bay. The Packers are coming off a weird loss of the Panthers and Philly's coming off of bye What are you expecting in this game?
Speaker 1: So here, listen. I am I give Philly credit for being you know, aggressive around the edges in free agents. I'm sorry at the trade deadline and not making a drastic move of trading AJ Brown. I didn't think that was zero percent. I thought there was a chance. And the fact of the matter is they would have been a worst team without AJ Brown and they're trying to defend their Super Bowl. Now. Do I think they could revisit that trade this offseason, depending on how the rest of the year goes. Sure, but I think it was good for them to staanm pat. This is a huge spot for green Bay and oddly not that big of a spot for Philly. And here's what I mean. Because of Jaden's injury and the Commanders just being bad and the Cowboys being three to five and one, Philly is more than more than the Colts, even the lock to win that division. There is no team right now in the entire NFL that is more guaranteed to win their division than Philadelphia, So now they of course would love the one seed, and the NFC they have a real shot at the one seed because you've got to think demons. The NFC West teams are gonna beat each other up a bit in divisional games, with Seattle, the Rams, and the Niners all having six wins, and the NFC North teams are gonna beat each other up a bit in the division, with Green Bay, Detroit, and Chicago all having five wins and Minnesota sitting there with four. So you'd have to anticipate that the one seed at this point is either gonna be Philly or Tampa. And Philly obviously beat Tampa, so they have the head dead Tibreger. So Philly is really well positioned, which is why this game is not critical for them. But they are coming off a bye and I'm sure they want to see, are they, you know, is Saquon going to Was Week eight for Saquon a return to form or was it a bit of a you know, was it a blip in what's going to be a tough year. Green Bay on the other hand, their margin for error is evaporating. They're currently leading the NFC North, but barely. And there is absolutely a world that exists where if green Bay loses this game, they wake up, what is this Monday night? Tuesday more? I think it's the Monday night game? Am I right? You guys tell me I don't even remember whatever. They wake up next week Tuesday morning, and they are on the outside looking in of the playoff picture. They could be the eight seed come Tuesday if they lose this game. And if you look at their schedule, pal they only have one soft spot left at the Giants, but they play Philly, then they're at the Giants. They have five divisional games left, both games against Minnesota, both games against Chicago at Detroit, and then the non divisional games are at Denver and home for Baltimore. So I still think green Bay has super high upside, But you lose this game, you know there's going to be potentially a really good NFC team left without a chair, and I don't think that's gonna be green Bay. And green Bay again, like that win against Detroit to start the year looms really large in how we view them. Them dominating the Commanders that next Thursday when they did have Jaden is significant and they you know, that was a really good win they had over the Steelers, but losing to the Browns, blowing that game against Carolina and tying the Cowboys right now puts them in a precarious spot. So this is a big game for green Bay, big enough game that I I thought long and hard about it for our pick show, which people will here here tomorrow. We'll get to that later. But there's a big spot for green Bay. And I wouldn't want to be facing Philly off a bye. A healthy Eagles team off of bye makes me a lot.
Speaker 2: Last time George loves seeing the Eagles wasn't so good either, might have had his most mistakes in recent memory.
Speaker 1: Oh absolutely, And and so yeah, it's a huge spot. All right, let's get to Rams Niners.
Speaker 2: Rams and Niners are facing off this weekend, and this kid have huge implications on the playoff bracket. We still don't know who the quarterback is for San Francisco long term, but Shanahan says that as long as Perty's good, it's going to be him who has more to lose or more to prove in this game between the Rams and Niners.
Speaker 1: Well, listen the so Shanahan's been very adamant. Party's their guy, and that's fine. I don't listen. I don't think Mac Jones is better than Party. I just don't think perty's fifty four million dollars a year better than Mac Jones and so, and I think Mac is kind of proving that week in week out, and I think Shanahan has done a brilliant job this season. Here's what I'll say about the Niners. If they win this game, they are going to make the playoffs. You win this game, you get to seven and three, and they still have games left against the Cardinals, the Browns, and the Titans. They're you know, that's obviously not all their games. They have Panthers, which is not an easy spot. Bears Seahawks is also on their schedule. But if they can get to seven and three by beating the Rams, you just beat the bad teams on your schedule. You get to ten, get one more win against the the they have Panthers, Colts, Bears, Seahawks or the winning record teams on their schedule, you're gonna be eleven wins. So this is for the Niners. It would be pretty remarkable giving their injuries. Start seven to three. My concern for the Niners is they are They just keep pressing the Christian McCaffrey button again and again and again, and I worry about his ability to hold up over the course of the entire season. The Rams, on the other hand, listen, right now this moment, Matt Stafford's probably the NFL MVP, and they've just been awesome. They absolutely can win the Super Bowl. With that said there that is you lose this game, you probably heading a week eleven in third place in your own division because Seattle's legit. Seattle is legit and so and the Niners will have just beaten you. So I do like the Rams in this spot, and I think the Rams are a legit contender no matter what happens here. To me, this game is more about if the Niners can steal it at home, and we know there's the whole Shanahan McVeigh, you know, kind of coaching rivalry, then it all but stamps the Niners playoff ticket. Hey guys, it is the NBA season and I haven't gone yet, but I am very excited to go see the Knicks at MSG. One of these nights coming up, which is why I want to give a shout out to the sponsor of today's video, seat Geek. Sea Geek just helped our guy, was it? Victor said he bought some tickets to go see the Clippers at the end to It Dome. He used code write ten more on that in a second. With over twenty eight million downloads, seat geek is the number one rated ticketing app more than seventy thousand events listed on seat geek, including concerts, sports, festivals, and more. And with the NFL and NBA seasons here now is the perfect time to get to a game again. You guys have heard me talk about using seat geek all the time. And let me just look right now. What is the first Knicks game that I would like to go to? Oh, a week from Friday, Little Friday night basketball at MSG Heat. It Nicks, looking at it right there? Couple tickets? No, I'd have to do three tickets because Deanna would want to go buying a ticket for your little sister demanse. It's always a little annoying, but seat geek helps me out. So there it is right there. You can just scroll through it, big green dots means it's a great deal. Little red dots means stay away from them. Scores at one to ten, you want to score as close to ten to know you're getting the best deal possible. Every ticket, of course backed by their buyer guarantee and guys. If you can use code right ten Wright ten wrighd ten, you get ten percent off your next set of tickets at SEG ten percent off any tickets with promo code write ten. Make sure you click the link in the description, download the app, and have the code automatically added to your account so you can use it later. Thank you to my friends at seat Geek. All right, demons, let's get to the Seahawks. All right.
Speaker 2: The six and two Seahawks that lead their division made a move in the trade deadline, trading for Rashid wide receiver. Rashid Chi e JSM leads the NFL in reception yards, but outside him, nobody on Seattle has three hundred plus yards. You said Seattle could be the one seed and they were also near the top of tiers. What does this do for them? Where they at now?
Speaker 1: Listen? I think Seattle's legit. Yeah, I Darnald is now on like twenty five games of just being a high level quarterback, I understand, and the playoff game was brutal for him. Mike McDonald's been awesome, the defense has been awesome. JSN is right now the first team All Pro wide receiver, right. I think Rashid Shaheed is really good, and so Seattle. I am, you know, more than penciling Seattle in for the playoffs, but I'm really they have four awesome games remaining, both games against the Rams, a home game against the Colts, and Week eighteen at the Niners, which Seattle could be playing for the division or as I said, playing for the one seed, the Niners could be playing to make the playoffs. I mean, Seattle has been just flatly an outstanding team this year and they have two losses. One they led the Niners late. Purty has a touchdown drive in the waning moments to give the Niners a four point lead. In Week one, Darnald Answers right back, gets the Seahawks in the red zone and then fumbles. That's one of their losses. And their other loss was a three point loss to Tampa. When how did trying to remember the beats of that game? I don't hold on how did they lose to Tampa. I think it was last second it was a last second field goal, but it was Oh, that's what it was. So this was it was a Baker but it was a crazy circumstance. It wasn't really a Baker drive. Baker had a drive. This is how that game went. That game was crazy. In the fourth quarter, it's twenty eight to twenty eight. Donald Leaves leads a ninety nine yard touchdown drive to go up thirty five twenty eight. Baker enters back with a five place, seventy yard drive to tie the game with a minute eight left, thirty five thirty five. They then picked Donald off and then got a field goal at the gun. So the one of the Seahawks losses was Week one by four points. The other one they're up seven with ninety seconds left and lost in regulation. So, I mean, they've been just a legit excellent team all year. They haven't had the toughest of competition up to this point. Beat the Steelers in Week two and then Saints, Cards, Jags, Texans, Commanders. But I believe it. I believe in the Seahawks. And you know, one of my picks this past week was Seattle minus three on Sunday Night Football. They were up twenty eight to nothing in that game.
Speaker 2: You're sticking with them in the playoffs, even with Dornald. That doesn't well make you think any type of way.
Speaker 1: Or I mean, I'll be a little anxious until you see a guy play well in the playoffs, you're gonna be a little anxious. But he was so good last year, and his aunt followed it up this year by being so good without Kevin O'Connell. Like, at some point I just got to give the guy credit. Hey, guys, you ever notice how everything keeps going up? Rent's going up, streaming services going up, even your favorite burrito spots charging you extra. Soalza, What with boost Mobile, you and your phone bill don't have to pay the will this go up soon?
Speaker 2: Game?
Speaker 1: Why? Because boost Mobile is unlimited talk, text and data plan at a price that will never go up. In fact, same price you pay for life. So now switch now for unlimited wireless at a price that will never go up. Only at boost Mobile after thirty gigs, customers may experience lower speeds. Customers will pay twenty dollars per month as long as they remain active on the Boost unlimited plan. All right, Demons, let's go to Kyler before we get to listener questions.
Speaker 2: Since we talked about him on Tuesday, he's been benched Arizona Naambriussett as their guy. You said Kyler would never play for Arizona again. With that said, is this a Kyler problem or is this a Cardinal problem?
Speaker 1: Probably a little bit of both. Okay, but Kyler's not the guy. Kyler's new you can't be. I mean, just think about it, guys. We have heard plenty of story worries about his lack of leadership at that position. The team put in a work at the clause in his own contract and he's undersized and gets beat up. Like I that's not a recipe. And so the only way Demon's he plays for the Cardinals again is if at the end of the year they fire Gannon and the new head coach you know, is like, oh, I can fix it, but Jonathan Gannon can never go back to Kyler Murray. That's done, and I would be looking if if Rogers retires. The Steelers are a real candidate. The Browns are always a candidate, The Jets are a candidate. The Raiders if they go full rebuild and want Kyler is a bridge. They're a candidate, but he's not going to be.
Speaker 2: On the royal.
Speaker 1: Oh he goes to baseball. No, I I don't see. I think that ship has sailed. He was a great baseball player, but I think that ship has sailed. And the Cardinals feel like you know that they the offense runs better with Jacobi.
Speaker 2: I mean you said it does.
Speaker 1: I mean, it just does. It just it just is what it is. All right, let's get to listener questions to Mansea.
Speaker 2: You honest tweeted tweeted this out yesterday. He I think, he said, as I said load of the tweet, random thoughts as I sit in my living room, do I have college eligibility? Can I suit up for Marquette tonight? And the question is how many points do you think that Giannis are dropping a college basketball game? Oh?
Speaker 1: I mean I think he'd average, you know, or shorter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they are short. I was gonna say like thirty eight, so it's probably thirty. No, No, he's.
Speaker 1: Gonna say forty. I mean he's averaging thirty four in the NBA, but the games are a lot like No, I think he averaged forty easy. Uh, I think he average.
Speaker 2: Four drive do drive double drive us?
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: Next Scott asked for next season, should the Jets ride out Justin Fields contract draft and start a rookie yar trade for Kyler?
Speaker 1: So I'm trying to see, uh, for Justin Fields? What if they cut him? They cut him, it's twenty two dead. I mean, they obviously can't just go into week one as Justin Fields their week one starter. Now, could he be the backup? Could if they do draft a guy, could they use Justin Fields as a bridge?
Speaker 2: Maybe?
Speaker 1: But I think that's probably done. I would again, I wouldn't trade for Kyler if I'm the Jets. The Jets have to find their quarterback. Yeah, all right.
Speaker 2: Next, a different Scott as, if it's Casey and Buffalo at the Ralph for the at THEFC check.
Speaker 1: On the stadium in Buffalo. Okay, you should be called Ralph Wilson Stadium. Now it's called like high Mark Field. But so that's uh yeah.
Speaker 2: So a different Scott asked if if it's Casey and Buffalo at the Ralph of the AFC Championship game, will you go to the game this time?
Speaker 1: I will not. I have no interest in that. I will absolutely not go to the game. All right, I have a really good feeling about our pick show. This week. I liked the games a lot. I liked him a lot. Last week I said I liked him a lot. Went three and two. So frustrating though, because I do the picks here pick five games, and then I picked three of the five games from here to do on TV. We went three and two, and two of the three games I picked were my two losses one and two on TV. Mpree into here, which is frustrating. So pic show coming tomorrow so you don't miss it. Like rate, subscribe, review, but subscribe to the channels on iTunes and Spotify and YouTube all that. Also, we'll be sending out, you know, specialty videos for our biggest listeners on Spotify, so be on the lookout for those. A big thank you as always to seat Geek, hard Rock, bet Boost, thank you to Volume, thank you to Blue Duck, and of course a huge thank you to our friends at Zen. See you guys tomorrow for our gambling show What's Right