Speaker 1: In the book, we say you're not behind, You're becoming. And I just love that sentiment and that phrase, because for so long I felt like I was behind. I wasn't married at the right time, I wasn't with kids at the right time, I wasn't making this amount of money, and I just had to go through everything I went through to become the woman I am today, which is a woman that I love and that I'm so proud to be. And so for anyone listening, just remembering that that, like every day, you're becoming.
Speaker 2: Today. We have the incredible Krista Williams and Lindsay Simmek. They are the co hosts of the Almost thirty podcast and now authors of their first book, Almost thirty, A Definitive Guide to a life you love for the next decade and beyond. They started out as two best friends recording their conversations sitting in their closet, and now nine years later, they've built a global community the whole space for everything from spiritual growth to career pivots and everything in between. I haven't anyone to talk about astrology on this, so let's go what is that in return?
Speaker 3: And we're not experts, but when we learned this.
Speaker 4: It was a complete unlocked It's a season of life that we were in, or for.
Speaker 1: Most people, their living life before that time just kind of programmed with what society tells them to do, what their parents want them to be, and they're living a life that may not be aligned to their soul but to external things.
Speaker 4: This period of your life is actually it feels like it's crumbling, but it is truly coming together for you. This is really an opportunity to get in right relationship with change, because you're going to change throughout your whole life.
Speaker 2: We only need like magic in our life. I feel like everything is so practical, so logical, so theoretical. Everyone's like one thing to another, and then you think, but where's the magic in life? I'm radi WKA and on my podcast a really good Cry. We embrace the messy and the beautiful, providing a space for raw, unfielded conversations that celebrate vulnerability and allow you to tune in to learn, connect and find comfort together. Yes, thank you so much for being here. I am so happy to have you both here. I feel like I've known you for I don't know how many years. How many years has it been since we first met.
Speaker 3: Oh, I think you yeah, something like that.
Speaker 2: It's been four years and I was in LA at the time. Yes, and you were one of the first podcasts that I actually came on. And you were both so gracious, so loving, so kind, and I felt such a great energy connection when we first met. So this is so exciting for me.
Speaker 3: It also feels so special.
Speaker 1: And I remember you were one of those people, same with Jay, that you meet in person and you're like just in awe that you are everything and more that people see. And I'll also never forget when you did camp for us, so we have a virtual event camp that you did and you were telling us. You're like, I'm so nervous. I'm like, how is she? Oh my gosh, always tell us it was literally the sweetest, most endearing love.
Speaker 3: I was like, she's even amazing when she's nervous. I'm like, what is going on?
Speaker 1: It was just such a It was such a thing. So it's been so beautiful to know you and see you, and we're very grateful to be here.
Speaker 2: You guys definitely help with my confidence, you know, coming on the show and then doing that, I felt like it boosted my confidence. The more I was doing something. So thank you guys for trusting me and having me on. I stop by asking because you both started recording your podcast in a closet, which I had no idea about, and now it's a top fifty podcast, which is absolutely insane. What was some of the pivotal moments that really helped to define where you are now? Like, tell me some of the moments through that journey.
Speaker 1: Lindsay and I started on our closet floors. Yes, so you can start anything at any place. We had no intention of almost thirty becoming anything.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: I was in the corporate world. I was really struggling in my career and job. I wasn't happy, I didn't feel aligned or on purpose. And when we met each other, we were just having these really deep, meaningful conversations that felt exciting, that felt truthful, that felt authentic, and I feel like the way that I was living, I wasn't having that with anyone else, and so we were like, let's start a podcast, we guess and do it on our closet floors. It was twenty sixteen, so things weren't really happening then, But over the years, I think some of the pivotal moments for us of building Almost thirty and stepping out into our purpose of doing the podcast.
Speaker 3: I would say quitting my full.
Speaker 1: Time job, quitting our full time jobs was huge because we built Almost thirty as like a side hustle. You know, I was so you guys can hear the desperation. I was so desperate to get out of the corporate world that I really wanted it to work. And so that moment where I could put in my two weeks because we had built the business for two years, we had learned to monetize it, We learned to hire a team and go on tour and do all these things that I never dreamed of doing, felt really really special and I just felt so proud that we were able to monetize our gifts and monetize our service. So for me, for sure, quitting my full time job, I was like, yes, this is it.
Speaker 4: And then we were able to like really lean in one hundred percent, which I think really accelerated what we were doing. And I think the other differentiator in our growth was just creating community. I think when you host a podcast, it is it is really easy to be behind the mic and kind of have this really intimate feel and that is so special and I think people feel that. But we decided to really get out there in real life very early on. I remember in the early days, we hosted a soul cycle class for all of.
Speaker 3: Our listeners, thirty of them.
Speaker 4: It was sixty they showed up. But then, you know, two years in also we went on tour. No one asked us to go on tour, but we were like, we want.
Speaker 3: To meet everyone. Yeah, so we literally toured the world.
Speaker 4: We went to Sydney, Australia, we went to London, we went all over the US. It was incredible and I think that really it was different at the time. You know, people weren't going on tour for podcasting. They weren't meeting their listeners in person necessarily, and so I really feel like that boots on the ground, you know energy where people are like, oh wow, I met people in their community, I met them, I love listening to the show. It just it made it three D I think for people. So I think that was a huge part of our growth in the beginning too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I'll just say last thing on this, I'll never forget. We were in Sydney for tour and there was a woman there that had a really rare brain cancer and she was telling her story to our community, and then there was another woman there that had something similar and just it really showed the power of connection and vulnerability and being in person. And We've had so many moments like that over the years where it doesn't really involve us per se, but it involves the space we created to allow women to show up. And those kind of moments of people connecting and authenticity and truth and finding healing together have been like the best.
Speaker 2: And how many years has it been now that you've been doing this together?
Speaker 3: Nine years?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so from when you started to now, what has changed for you both? Like in terms of one the way that you see the service that you have, has it changed it all? And two working together to work together with someone that you consider a close friend or a best friend and to navigate that and for you to be successful for nine years, because I've had stories of people trying to do that. How has that been and how did you make it through? That would have been some of the challenges.
Speaker 1: Yeah, think the number one reason why businesses fail is because entrepreneurs or co founders don't work. So it's actually like statistically proven that most entrepreneurs and co founders don't work, so especially as women, it can be hard to maintain long term friendships. I'd love to hear you know your friendship view right now, But I'm someone that struggled with female friendships my whole life. Like I'm just a very deep feeler and I probably was a toxic one. I was probably with toxic people, you know, kind of did that dance the whole time.
Speaker 3: But meeting Lindsay and having a.
Speaker 1: Greater purpose that we were serving through almost thirty really helped us to prioritize like what we were doing and who we were. So over the years of building the business, we've changed completely. Like I started, I was in a long term relationship that turned marriage. You were single. Now she's married with a baby. I'm single on the street. So we've changed a lot. But what I think has made our relationship so strong is having values, having similar values, and then doing things like clearing conversations, you know, which Lindsay's so powerful to speak to, But we always make sure that we're going to show up authentically and truthfully and make sure we prioritize the right thing, which is our relationship.
Speaker 3: Over the business. Yeah, those clearing conversations.
Speaker 4: I'll just break down for a hot second, because I think any friendship, any business partnership, any marriage can benefit from them. A clearing conversation, the intention is just a clear distortion in your relationship field. And we all know what that feels like. You know, it's a just a you know that not in your stomach, and it's that psychic sense that a lot is being said but not actually being said out loud. And the clearing conversation is really, you know, an intentional meeting between two people where you can come with truth, honesty, respect and love and be a really great listener and a really great communicator. And Kristin and I often do these on walks. You know, it's proven that, you know, moving your body while you're having a conversation actually allows you to speak more of your truth and also staring ahead and not I to eye. It's a very primal thing to be eye to eye with someone and feel like you're in fight or flight if it is a hard conversation. And so that really helps the body to relax, the minds relax, and you know, our intention when we do these things is just to be really honest and we know that coming into it, Yes, you know, so it's not it's like I know that Christa is coming with her heart leading rather than you know, her dumping just a ton of stuff in my lap and blaming me. We use a lot of eye statements that it could sound like, you know, the story I've been telling myself is that you know, I'm not valuable in this partnership, and I just feel like I'm I'm kind of not helping you. I feel like you're round of doing the most, which is the story I've told myself before. And then we're able to take responsibility and then also hear their own story, so they're just the best.
Speaker 3: Because you leave.
Speaker 4: Feeling heard, you leave feeling just lighter, you know. And this is normal in relationship for the fuel to get a little fuzzy, for the ebb and flow. It's not always going to be perfect, but if you allow for that and make room to clear, your relationships are going to be ten times healthier.
Speaker 2: I love that so much. I feel like growing up in well one, I was thinking about clearing conversation I need to have with someone.
Speaker 3: Else, like story of my crying, I mean, like.
Speaker 2: Thinking about doing it for a while, and it just keeps getting put off, keeps getting put off. But it was something where I was like, I'm just going to leave it. It doesn't need to be said. But then it's like stopping me from seeing the person. It's stopping me from actually having a relationship with them, because there's you know, it's almost like it may not be a physical barrier, but it might as well be, because it becomes like that, doesn't it. The longer you leave something, the bigger it gets, and it calcifies and it's harder to work your way through it. But I also think I was thinking about my family, and you know, many families have had I don't know a family that hasn't. We've had so many ups and downs to our extended family, and I would always say, why can't we all just sit together and talk about it? And everyone thinks that's the more complicated option, and I'm like, how is that the more complicated option? This is the more complicated option.
Speaker 1: It's sitting in the suffering of this, just the looping, you know, of the stories, the conversation, and it is it's like getting up the courage to say the thing, and then once it's over, you're.
Speaker 3: Like, I'm free, I'm liberated. Like it feels so much better, and.
Speaker 2: It's so beautiful that you both both work in the same way. Your mind and heart are working in the same way, where you actually, you know, sometimes we jeopardize ourselves or we are self sabotage by not having those conversations. Yeah, because it allows us to be the victim. And you're like, oh, okay, I'm going to be the victim. This makes me feel so much better. That person must be wrong and therefore, in some way, we make ourselves feel superior, whereas when you end up clearing, you're both on a level playing field. How beautiful that you've been able to do that for nine years. You guys should be so proud of yourself with that.
Speaker 3: We can work. Though we can work. Oh, I remember the very first one that I had.
Speaker 1: It was like it was like probably a year in and it had built up so much and I was like, this isn't.
Speaker 3: Working, you know.
Speaker 1: I like, yeah, it was like messy, and I was like, this isn't working. And I was probably only doing you statements and I was probably so unregulated and it was just a mess. But like we committed to growth and coming back towards one another, and also therapy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, like they so hopeful. Lindsay went to therapy first. I was like, oh, I can't. I don't trust anybody. I'm not going to Thank god you led the way.
Speaker 1: But therapy also helps so that we can kind of process the messiness of it all and kind of get clear with that, so that anything that would be hurtful that we would potentially say to one another, we're kind of clearing with our therapist. So it's like there is availability and room for messy. There is availability in room to you know, not be perfectly polished and posed every time you speak, and therapy allows you to do that, so I can come to her as loving as possible. My therapist will also be like, hm, this seems like a pattern that you're in, or this seems like you know something's going on.
Speaker 2: It's also unrealistic to think that any relationship wouldn't have those problems, wouldn't have some sort of resistance. It's just whether it's the things that we experience outside of those relationships that end up seeping into them, or whether it's the conversations or lack of understanding of tone, or you know, I think tone plays such a big part if you haven't If you may say something in one way, the person receives it in another way. And so I just I love that. I think clearing conversations need to be done with everyone.
Speaker 4: And you're like.
Speaker 3: Talking to yourself. Yes, I'm gonna text you to be like, girl, did you do that? Clear?
Speaker 2: Has your definition of success changed from when you started or would you say it stayed the same? Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I think that's something we're still kind of redefining as we go along these nine years. I think for me in the beginning, success was very very goal oriented, rather than really defining success as enjoyment and presence in the process. I think when you're starting a creative project, you know, especially a podcast, a lot of things can roll in, like the expectations of downloads, numbers, who's listening, who's not, what guests do we have on the show. Just lots of metrics that can distort the true feeling of success. And I've had to go that far and kind of get overwhelmed by that and then come back more recently, like we wrote our book and the other day I was just like, girl, you wrote a book that is that is the successful part of this process what happens after? You know, I want it to be in as many hands as possible. I want people to be impacted all over the world. But that is not a metric that is a part of my true success around this book. So I've just got had to get clear every step of the way because we're human, you know, Like I'll let those things kind of seep in. But I've really become obsessed with am I enjoying the process? Am I myself in this process? And am I present here? I don't want to look back and be like wow, like I didn't really enjoy creating this because I was so wrapped up in well, like what do people want from me, and just kind of like pulling out strings that I could be using to really create something great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this one is one of my struggles in life.
Speaker 1: You know. I think for me, success has always been that thing that I chase and that I desire. And what I realized oftentimes was that when I was chasing a number, I knew I was off track. If it was a number related to my weight, if it was number related to money, if it was a number related to followers, or likes or purchases or you know, all these things that were externally focused on something that could be deduced to another I'm off track because whether I weigh a certain amount, you know, whatever amount, it's like, how do I feel on my body if I'm impacting five million people or five Like, impacting one person's life positively is huge, And so I always kind of come back to like outside of numbers, like how do I feel like my success now? Is how much fun I'm having? I'm like, am I enjoying the process? And for writing the book? You know, the process of writing was so much fun, and we were just talking a little bit before and then you get to the part where you're like marketing it and selling it, which is so much fun in a dream. But for that perfectionist part of me and that part of me that feels like I'm never good enough, it's been just a challenge, you know, to show up. And so I've had to really come to like this is for me to enjoy, Like I am able to have fun, I'm able to enjoy the process, and being successful would be like loving what I'm doing and loving who I am. And so now it's so much more than a number or anything external.
Speaker 3: It's a feeling.
Speaker 2: And how have you guys moved from because I think, you know, I'm sure many people can relate to that. How have you moved from the mindset of numbers, whether it is on a scale, to do with your body or to do with your work, to how you are now? Do you have any practices or anything specific and tangible that people can do to allow themselves that journey.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is a simple one, but it's just kind of trained my mind to sync up with my heart. But I put an alarm on my phone to like check in during the day. Oftentimes I'm doing creative things or in our business in whatever way, and I can get very serious very quickly and then kind of wrapped up in what I haven't done yet, or you know, yeah, just kind of the lack and the alarm on my phone is there's various ones, but it's like check in. It's like checking in with the heart. So it's like, how are you really feeling in this moment, and how can you invite in more joys? And so it's a little corny, but it's actually trained me. I don't necessarily need the alarm now all the time. Because I can just really check in in those moments that I feel myself getting a little rigid, a little serious, a little wrapped up in the mind and what it's saying, how it's making meaning about what I'm doing, and really just dropping down into my heart and just being like, Okay, how does this feel? How can you invite in a little bit more joy to this? Because at the end of the day, and we talk about this in the book, like the soul of ours is just like having a blast, like this is an adventure, So how can we take on more of like how she's experiencing this rather than like this, you know, the mind's kind of like heaviness and trudging through everything.
Speaker 2: I love that that's so useful.
Speaker 1: I think for me whenever I have moments where I'm really feeling good or on purpose, I just like to double click on it and just pause, like I like to just feel it cellularly.
Speaker 3: In my body.
Speaker 1: And it's almost like I'll stretch time, Like I'll just have a moment and I'm like, ooh, I'm feeling good. How can I slow down? How can I stretch time? How can I just feel it what it feels like to feel good? Cellularly in my body. Like as an example, we did an event a few weeks ago with a friend and we didn't really share about it. We just kind of showed up and there was like ten people there, which is great, ten people, We love them. But of course old me would have been like, there's not two hundred people here, what's the point. But my friend's kids were there, and I got to be with my friend's kids and play with her kids and laugh with her kids, and I was like, this is what this is about when I'm eighty. This is what I'm going to value when i'm older. This is what I'll value. And having moments of play and laughter felt like more worth it than if I.
Speaker 3: Was in front of two hundred people.
Speaker 1: And I was like, oh, I'm just going to double click on this feeling of feeling good playing with my friends kids in this now moment because the guru part of me, the most spiritual aspect of me, knows that this is what it's for and not anything else.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I love the idea of the bird's eye view. Yeah oh yeah, you know, so wrapped up in the moment and this present thing that's happening, and then as soon as if you have that opportunity to bird's eye view for a second, you're like, yeah, I was like, why am I? Why am I even thinking about this for more than an hour? Why am I even like letting this bother me at all? How is this going to affect me? Not even in just five years time, but like tomorrow or the next day. And so I think that they're really great tips. Actually, thank you for that. I would love to dig into the book because I actually didn't know much about Saturn returns. For anyone listening the book is I think it starts off with Saturn return, doesn't it. Yes, it starts off with your Saturn return. And I want to start off by asking what is Saturn return because I don't know whether everybody knows what it is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so okay, let's go on an astrological journey.
Speaker 2: Yes, I haven't anyone talk about astrology on this, so let's go.
Speaker 3: And we're not experts.
Speaker 4: But when we learned this, it was a complete unlocked to the season of life that we were in, and really any season of change. So your Saturn return is when Saturn the planet comes back to the place in the sky it was when you were born and this planet. Think of it like your cosmic dad. He's coming in very lovingly, but maybe a little more tough love, and is asking you to look at aspects of your life that are aligned and aspects that are not. And those misalignments are usually the ones that during this period of your life between twenty seven and twenty nine and a half almost thirty, that feel like they're falling apart. You know, it feels like you should be in a different place and things aren't just working or clicking. You might feel incredibly insecure or looking around feeling like everyone has it together and you do not. But man, you know, this period of your life is actually it feels like it's crumbling, but it is truly coming to get for you. And when we realized this, we had an astrologer on our show very early on and she said, you guys are in your Saturn return. We were like, oh my, Like it just changed everything. Like if you're not crazy, yeh, to know to no one, to understand on a cosmic level, you know, if you kind of bring that into the room was so liberating. We were like, oh, there's a purpose here and it made so much sense. So all that to say you know, this is really an opportunity to get get in right relationship with change because you're going to change throughout your whole life, and also see some of the themes that Saturn brings to you and brings up to you that might reoccur throughout your life, but this one is going to be the most intense this period, and then you'll be able to kind of understand, oh, this is what I'm working with in life, and this is what I can really meet and commit to grown through rather than avoiding and staying stock.
Speaker 2: And does does it any happen once in your life?
Speaker 4: No? So hopefully you know it could happen three times, So at twenty nine and a half or so, and then again around fifty eight, fifty nine, and then in your nineties for the third time.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, imagine your nineties being like why am I even here?
Speaker 3: Because it's lighter and lighter. That's when you're like, it's all good.
Speaker 1: Well aligns to people's quarter life crisis, mid life crisis. It's kind of around that time period too, so much since and then around twenty seven to around twenty seven is when your prefrontal cortex comes online. So basically it's when you become conscious. So a lot of times for most or for most people, they're living life before that time just kind of programmed with what society tells them to do, what their parents want them to be, and they're living a life that may not be aligned to their soul but to external things. And so when your prefrontal cortex comes online, it's like really that time where you're thinking existentially, You're like, what.
Speaker 3: Am I here to do? Who am I here to be?
Speaker 1: What is going on? And it can be really really it can be kind of scary for if you have it for the first time. And so for any way that we can help understand that period, whether it's astrology or whether it's you know, brain development, we wanted people to feel less alone and feeling like they were lost, or feeling like they were questioning what they knew, and that they wanted to live a better, more aligned life.
Speaker 2: I for sure went through that.
Speaker 1: Please, I was like, we need to hear from from Yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Think it was. It was during the time when I moved to New York. So not only was I going through that, I then had extreme external change. So I honestly felt like I went through a mini breakdown when I moved to New York because all the things that I had valued or thought about myself had also come from external people. Because I was the youngest, I was a younger child. Everything was like fed to me, told to me. And then I moved to New York, which was an extreme external change for me. I never wanted to leave, and all of those things mixed together, new friends, new place, not being able to work there. Just everything was like, oh my gosh, this is what mid life crisis must feel like. But I'm not midlife yet. And it was the biggest growth phase I have ever been through my life, and it is what has shaped my ability to be able to move through resistance and to be able to do things that I would have normally said no to, to be able to say for my mind to know that even though this is hard, you've done it before, you could do it again. Because that was a really rough time. And so I actually now my mom says this all the time. She was like, she was there's a caterpillar butterfly thing, but if she really felt like she saw me go through that phase of my life where it was really rough, and she was like and suddenly then I just saw you seem so at ease and like bloom, And when I look back at it, I really do bird's eye view, I'm like, wow, that was such a transitional phase. But the biggest growth spat that I had way bigger than when I like hit puberty.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what do you feel like?
Speaker 4: Was like the area or areas of your life that were being like kind of highlighted as like, hey, this is totally unaligned right now.
Speaker 3: You got to look at this worth.
Speaker 2: Wow, mine was fully work with worth. And you know, I was watching Jay at that time where he was fully in his purpose, like it was the beginning of him really being in it. And I was in this place where I was like, what am I even here for?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 2: What am I doing here? What is my role? What is my service? Why am i him? I'm meant to just be a wife. I want to be a wife, But am I just meant to be a wife? Like, because that's what it feels like right now? I've got nothing else going for me. And it was definitely self worth in realizing that, oh my gosh, I built all my self worth on other people's view of me. And then it was interesting because when I then flowed into being someone online. It was really tricky not making not transitioning that worth into online with but I think I luckily came into deeper spiritual practices during that time, and obviously you eb and flow through it, but it was definitely a self worth thing for me that really came to surface.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think the deepening of the spiritual practices is what anchored and grounded us in such a way. And I know I had been a spiritual little being my whole life, but it was finding that true sense of spirituality in my own unique way, because your spirituality is different than mine and different than yours, and having that foundation and having that belief in a co collaboration was something bigger than me, and the trust and the knowing that if I believe that this is all on me, that that's when I know off the path. You know, of course, in Miracles talks about that. It talks about if we believe that it's all on us, then we already know that we're not there. That the fear really comes in when we believe that we have to shoulder it all. And so my belief in something greater, in a greater path, and my soul in a greater purpose was really the thing that sort of brought me out of it and brought me into a deeper sense of purpose and self that like became an anchor.
Speaker 2: Yes, I love it. And when you think of yourself, when you think it's not just you, you believe so much more can happen. Yes, it's that thing of like, Okay, I know I'm limited in certain ways because yes, physically I can only run this far and mentally I can only do this much. But then when you add a sprinkle of something beyond you into it, you're like, oh, actually, I know, I kind of it, but.
Speaker 3: You leave room for so much.
Speaker 2: Divine might be able to do it. Together, we might be able to do it.
Speaker 1: Yes, there are no limits to divine, like there are no limits. And when I can get out of my limited mind of this is what I can do, this is what's possible, and just like surrendered till it's possible, Oh my gosh, I only can taste how good it can get.
Speaker 2: We only need like magic in our life. I feel like everything is so practical, so logical, so theoretical. Everyone's like one thing to another, and then you think, but where's the magic in life? I know where do we where do we get this magic from? And you know, I guess we will feel that in our spiritual practices. But yeah, to anyone listening, like where do you get that magic from? Like where do you feel that extra spark of something beyond your physical self?
Speaker 3: We were driving here and there was an adopt the highway.
Speaker 4: It was like, wait, yes, atheist something some atheist united and respect and love. But also I just had that feeling of like, oh, it made me think of anyone who just shoulders life, just feeling like they have to figure it out themselves, you know, and how happy that can be.
Speaker 2: What are some of your daily spiritual practices that you find help you.
Speaker 1: I think for me prayer is just the best. And prayer can look different for everyone, but for me, prayer has all the benefits of meditation. It's that quiet time, it's that nervous system regulation, and it's really that conversation with my soul and my conversation with my guides or God. And it's really the moments when I just the most clear, I just get the most dialed and I can give whatever stress or anxiety up. One of my favorite practices and rituals to do at the end of the day. I'll pray in the morning, and I pray at night, and I praying throughout the day pretty much. But one of my favorite practices is to imagine myself walking up to an altar, Like in my mind's eye, I'll be walking up to this beautiful altar in the sky or nature wherever, and I'll just imagine myself giving up any stress, any anxiety, anything that I'm shouldering or holding in my life to this altar. So anything I'm ruminating on, like oh, I'm fearful of this, I'm scared of this, this clearing conversation I have to do. You know, this sickness that my dad has, all these things, I just put it on the altar and imagine it being taken care of in a greater way than I could have ever imagined. And I imagine it's cellularly leaving my body so that I can feel free.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: And you know that type of feeling of being taken care of, of possibility of stress, reduction of peace is so so nourishing and it's been so helpful for me.
Speaker 2: It's beautiful the altar in your heart.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you can imagine you can sometimes my altar is like covered and leave. Sometimes it's like gemstones, it's like this decorated.
Speaker 3: It's just so beautiful.
Speaker 2: It's a really beautiful song in our practice, and it says mona mon there, and that's exactly what it means, creating an altar or temple in your heart. It's honestly why I got this tattoo recently. Actually it's a little temple and it's mana Mandere. I'll send it to you. It's in Sanskrit, but you'll feel it. You don't need to really know what it's saying. But it's all about creating this temple in your heart space and doing exactly what you said. And that's beautiful having that surrender. What about you?
Speaker 4: So as a new mom, to be honest, it's been I had my two hour routine in the morning before baby, and I would have all my practices I'll set and it's been really cool to kind of, you know, redefine like what those practices look like for me. How do I connect with God? How do I connect with my soul? And prayer is absolutely part of my practice, but I've also found just you know, where can I find beauty and reverence for my life in these like very mundane moments, you know. So my son will get up in the morning and I go in and you know, we have our time and our cozy chair and we just like are cheek to cheek looking out at Brooklyn and you know, just having that moment together and I just cherish that and I feel I feel God in that moment, and I feel just fully fully held and fully connected heart to heart with my son. And it's just in those mundane moments I've found the same feeling I desired before baby, you know, in those spiritual practices to be there as well. So if anyone is listening and they're feeling so busy right now, my life is just in flux.
Speaker 3: I whether you had a baby, or.
Speaker 4: Maybe you're moving, or maybe you're changing careers and you just feel like the thought of trying to incorporate a longer spiritual routine throughout your day feels too much. Just know that it can happen in an instant, you know, you can.
Speaker 3: You can pray in an instant.
Speaker 4: You can you know, just touch your heart in an instant and connect to your soul.
Speaker 3: It doesn't have to be you.
Speaker 4: Know, cross legged in the middle of a room with candles and all these things. I think we we kind of paint that picture, but it doesn't actually have to be that.
Speaker 2: That's beautiful. I really think motherhood is. I mean, even in our culture it says that your relationship being a mother is as close to a relationship as inhumanly possible that you can get your relationship with God because it is such a it's a relationship of service. And you know, up in for us we say your relationship to God is of service. And so when you have that child that is completely under your at your surrender, everything you do for it is what it receives or what the child receives. It's like that is the closest relationship to to serving the Divine that you get because you're in constant mode of service as a mother. Oh yeah, yes, what piece of advice have you been given over these past years or even while you were going through a safon in return that you feel has stayed with you, like a piece of advice you would give to someone else going through it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think for me as someone that was codependent, you know, so codependent and I'll never forget when Lindsay started going to therapy and Lindsay went first, like I said, and when she came, she's like, I'm working with my feelings of codependency and I'm working with this pattern of codependency.
Speaker 3: I was like, oh, that.
Speaker 1: Sucks for her, like as someone that's incredibly independent, like that really sucks for her. I was like, interesting about empathize literally literally, I was like, keep me posted, girl, you know, realizing my codependency was so deep I didn't even see it and I couldn't even or standard or zom so having coaches and therapists and mentors that just simply ask you, but how do you feel? You know, it can be you receive a text message from someone and then you're sent, often to the story of they don't care about me, or they they think this, or they want me to you know. The stories just start when we receive emails, text messages, things on the phone, conversations, and it can just come back to like how do I feel? What do I want? How do I want to show up? And I think there's the turning inward to me and remembering that I'm a person, I am a form, I am a being that deserves an opinion, that deserves a perspective, that can be in the room and in this conversation, which just huge for me. So now with anything I always kind of turn in. I'm like, how are you doing, how are you feeling? What do you want? It's like bringing the I back in the conversation has just been worlds helpful in my romantic relationships, in my business, in my family relationships, and it just helps me to be more centered and more myself so I can be in true relationship with people out of love instead of out of any codependent fears or patterns.
Speaker 4: Shout out to our therapists who I feel like you probably quote on the regular and can't actually say their names because this one is also similar flavor. But my therapist would ask me, is this really? Is this you know? Is this your voice? Is this your desire? Is this what you really want to do? And it's just a great question we can ask ourselves because I'm someone who can easily take on the desires of other people or the dreams of other people that they have. For me, I was living an expired dream for a long time. I wanted to be an actress, which was my truth from a very young age. But there came a point where that dream was expired, and I was still like pushing for it because everyone expected me to, and you know, I had I remember having a conversation with my therapist about this a few of them, and she was just like, is this still your dream? You know, like who are you doing this for? And it was just such a powerful question that I still have to ask myself even as a mom now, you know, just kind of checking in as I navigate rearing a child. But it could just bring you right back to your center, and I think that's where when I make decisions, that's the best place I can be. You know, it doesn't have to be the right quote quote decision, it just has to be from that center.
Speaker 2: I love that the dream is expired, you know. I feel like your conzy told go for your dreams, like push for and of course you should. But I also love that side of the coin where you can say, actually, yes, that was my dream, but it doesn't need to be fulfilled. And I'm actually okay with that. And I think it's you know, seeing as expired rather than a failure is a complete shifted narrative for your own mind and for you to accept that it was, it's something you can accept, not something that you have to see as something that didn't work out. It wasn't failure. It's just not part of me anymore. It was then, not.
Speaker 4: Now, and we're constantly changing. So to like think that we will have the same dream for our entire lives, I'm sure that's possible, but like to have that expectation just feels a little unrealistic, so allowing it to change and evolve, Like acting was once my dream, but look at the skills and talents I have that I was kind of pushing into that dream that I'm actually expressing now on the podcast and will express in other ways throughout my life.
Speaker 3: So it's just so interesting to track.
Speaker 2: I remember I was talking about this recently. I can't remember where, but I had when I was really from a really young age, or I would have dolls and whenever I would draw myself, it would be with like all these five kids, and it was like I was always like pregnant. I was like a kid. I was always pregnant in my picture, like and I'm twenty here, yeah yeah, And I was literally like I would say, even when I was like ten, eleven, twelve, I would always be visualizing myself having waves. I loved children, whether I was working with children or playing with my little little or cousin when I was ten, doing her hair, whatever it was. And when I got to New York, and obviously I was already married, and I was like, oh, yeah, I want to be a young mum and I want to like have kids really young, and I want like, however many of them. And I realized I was like carrying on this dream, but I wasn't ready for that dream, Like I didn't. I thought that's what I wanted, and so beautiful if it was what I wanted, But I realized I wasn't ready for that dream, and so I was like and then I remember thinking, oh my gosh, am I like going against something that I should be doing because it's been in my mind for so long. And then when I got to like three years after that, I was like, oh my gosh, have I completely ruined my dream? Like it's my dream ruined that I didn't do this thing that I've been talking about or thinking about since I was ten years old or probably even younger. And then you realize that it's okay to grow and your mind shift can change because you experience different things. Your eyes open to so many different things. And it's not to say I don't want to be a mother, but it's saying that that dream wasn't for me at the time, and had I push myself into it, maybe I wouldn't have been ready for that. And so it's so interesting because I think it's not expired, but it just wasn't there. It wasn't for me at that point, and the dream had to change a little bit.
Speaker 3: Yes, And I think now you know you can have it all.
Speaker 1: You can have that dream and you can have other dreams, and you can allow things to unfold. And I think in my life, my dreams were a little too small, right I was. I'm from a small town in Ohio, so not many people had big dreams where I grew up, and so the dreams that I did have were pretty like small, Like I think I wanted to be on a local news anchor, which is totally fine, but I just wanted to do something that I saw. Yes, And for a lot of us, we're just kind of contextualizing what dreams are possible based on who were around. So when you kind of see in life, if you move to Los ANGELESO you kind of see different opportunities and options. You're expanded into the possibility an idea of different dreams.
Speaker 2: That's so true, and.
Speaker 1: So it's beautiful to allow ourselves to kind of have, you know, this expansion of ideas and possibilities with our dreams. And I would say, now, I don't even know for I have any dreams. Yeah, I'm just like God, whatever you want for me, like, I just make it good.
Speaker 3: I'm not surprise me.
Speaker 2: God make it good. It's true that that really resonated with me because I started coming across all these My mum worked all her life, so did my dad. But I started seeing all these women who were like entrepreneurs, not in their nine to five roles that I was used to seeing and that I was in myself. And I felt really content when I was doing it. But then suddenly, once you see something, you can't unsee it, and you're like, oh, I didn't even know this was possible, or oh, yeah, maybe that's something I would like to explore. And so once your eyes open or you see something that's not part of your daily life or culture or something that you were used to before, it does shift and change you completely, or it opens you up to different possibilities that you were ever thinking about because you've never seen it.
Speaker 3: In the Internet.
Speaker 1: It's the best and worst place, you know, payful for it. But on the Internet you can find the expanders. You can find the ideas, the concepts, the people that show you what's possible. I'm so grateful for all the women in my life, all the women that were surrounded by and the most powerful women that are just doing these crazy, amazing things that we can be expanded by. But then it's also being mindful of where we're following someone else's blueprint and really allowing our own soul to lead the way. So just kind of doing the dance of Okay, I'm going to let this expand what's possible for me, but I'm going to make sure to follow my own blueprint.
Speaker 2: Throughout this journey. What have been some of the like quieter signs for you that you were healing, Like, what were the little things you were noticing in yourself that indicates you, you know what, I'm in the right direction.
Speaker 4: I think for me, I started to trust myself, you know, just in those small moments and in those big moments, and.
Speaker 3: No one would see that on the outside.
Speaker 4: You know, it's not an obvious thing, but I just allowed the like that inner voice to lead me a little bit more rather than what I thought I should do. And I really had to take inventory on the shoulds that were running in my life in order to get to that place that I really trusted myself. So just to quickly break that down, a lot of us are living a life where, you know, the subtext would be I should be married by twenty seven, I should have kids by thirty, I should buy a house, I should be in that place at that time. And you know, like we're saying, you know, life has bigger plans for us, you know, and the timeline is not always the one we imagine or other people imagine for us. So taking inventory of those shoulds and understanding where they came from. Are they from my parents? Are they from you know? Did I hear it in school? Did I see everyone around me do this thing? And then you know I started to try on almost like the inverse of the should. So if you know, my belief was that I was getting I should be married by twenty seven, twenty eight and have have my first kid by like twenty nine, and you know, I I was thrust into seven years of being single at like twenty six or so, twenty seven, and in the depths of that, you know, when I just felt like I was never going to find my person, I just tried on this belief. You know, I trust the timing of my life, and I know that understanding and knowing myself more deeply is going to attract someone who I will truly be in deep connection, in partnership with. And just like trying that on for a day, you know, walking around in my life truly believing that and seeing how that felt, and eventually that became my belief and it just it was great to strip it down, you know and kind of come back to what I what I actually actually believe. And from there I was able to trust myself and the small decisions that I was making. And then when I would you know, my husband came into my life, my now husband, I trusted myself implicitly to know that he was my person.
Speaker 1: There was no doubt. I love this question. I want to here yours so small signs of how I know I'm healing. I think something that I really work with is something called internal family systems parts work.
Speaker 3: Do you do that as well.
Speaker 2: Now, Gabby came on the show and she walked me through yeah a small like I guess, the small process of it, and it was really incredible.
Speaker 3: It's so powerful. It really was so in parts work.
Speaker 1: It's basically we love, honor and accept all parts, all thoughts, all feelings and beliefs. And I think before in life I would shame myself and be mad at myself if I didn't think perfectly act perfectly, like I almost had a censor in my own mind. And now I see such progress when I can invite in all of the thoughts, all of the beliefs, all of the parts of me, even the ones that are tired, that are complaining, that are sad, that are mean, that are bratty, Like I just say yes to all aspects of me, and that means I could go into a moment and you know, I could have a judger part of me that's like doing her thing, and I'm like, okay, I see you, girl, Like I know that you feel uncomfortable, we're a little nervous, we're trying to differentiate yourself, and I'll just kind of invite in all of the things I used to hate about myself. I'd be like, oh, I'm so judge, Magtile, I'm all these things. And now I'm like, oh, I hear you, I see you, and I love you, and you're a part of me. And the more I can turn to myself and the parts of me and love them, the more whole I am and the better I feel.
Speaker 2: I love both of those so beautiful. What was what would be mine? A big warning sign to myself, Actually I'll go the opposite way, a sign I was gonna say, a big warning sign that I'm not growing, but.
Speaker 3: Like I'm gonna go the other way.
Speaker 2: That I am is how much I criticize other people.
Speaker 1: And also I never see you criticizing anybody.
Speaker 2: So well, whether it's internally or externally. And then well, but you know what, who doesn't who doesn't have those moments where you're seeing them? And then also a big one for me is when I feeling other people's joy for them, Like that's a big one for me, Like do I actually am I actually really happy for you? I'm like, oh my god, that's amazing. And inside I'm like wishing for their demise, not wishing for their demise, but sometimes like it's hard to feel joy for other people when you're not feeling good. And so I think a big indication for me of when I'm genuinely like doing better in myself or going through a period where my practices are on point and I'm doing the work and I'm recognizing what's happening is the initial reaction when someone has something good in their life and how am I feeling? And then when I notice that, I'm like, oh, thank god, I was actually happy, or sometimes I'm like, oh my god, why did I feel like that about them? It's actually not about them, YEA, Like what was it about? Well, Okay, they got an award for something. Let's just say. I'm like, but is it the award or is it like, am I not feeling worthy?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: It really helps you to break down what you need to work on as soon as you realize your reaction to someone's joy has brought you not joy, like anything but joy.
Speaker 3: I think that's gross.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was gonna say, because you're looking at the thing and you're seeing what it means about you and what's coming up for you. I had this thought the other day around people in the spirituality space, like being frauds. I was like, oh, and then I was like, Okay, well if that's my thought, then where am I a fraud?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: You always have to turn it around because like, what are you looking for in people? And that can and I think what people can be that can be scary for people to look at themselves. My hope is that people just create a soft internal landscape for themselves to explore the thoughts, explore the ideas, like to be like, Okay, maybe I am a fraud, maybe I'm not a fraud.
Speaker 3: Like it's safe in here.
Speaker 1: It's safe in my mind to have this exploration in this conversation. Because if we're not safe within ourselves to be messy, to be judgmental, to be catty, to not be happy for people, we're not safe anywhere. And so saying yes to all of the sticky thoughts and feelings, I think is such a beautiful practice and really is what helps us grow.
Speaker 2: I think about that even with online comments. It's like whenever there are somebody that will be said and I'm like whatever, whatever, and then there'll be one I'm like, yeah, when you get triggered, and then and then I have to think, why did that trigger me? And why am I sending them a voice back.
Speaker 3: Why did I send them a picture of this?
Speaker 2: Why did I send them an explanation? What am I trying to for all.
Speaker 1: That are like we love you, Roddy, we love you, and this person's like you suck and you're like, hey, let me talk to.
Speaker 3: You about that. Let's have a conversation about what you don't like about me?
Speaker 2: And it really is a mirror, isn't it?
Speaker 1: Like a I have a hot take that I think social media and the internet can be such a powerful mirror for us of that we need to grow. Where are you outsourcing your intuition and your power? What are the things that come up? Because I will notice that too when I have certain comments where I'm like, ooh, that one was for me to see to grow and integrate and like let go of because yeah I can. It's not my favorite thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it happens.
Speaker 2: For people who struggle. You said with the purpose, do you have like a framework of things that people can go through in their mind or writing down? For Okay, I actually don't know what I'm supposed to do here. What are the first like three steps I can take? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I think the first thing for purpose and just to frame it, I was someone that wanted so desperately in my life to find purpose. I was so anxious and so depressed because I wanted to find my purpose and it was so hard for me, you know, in my mind, because I felt like I had to be doing something that was on purpose.
Speaker 3: I think the first thing is really thinking about what.
Speaker 1: You're naturally good at and if you need support in that and understanding what you're naturally good at. I love the practice of asking people that you love, your friends, your family to reflect back to you what you're naturally good at. So this can be like, hey, mom, where do you see me shining or thriving? Like where do you think I'm naturally good at things? This can be asking friends or family. I suggest asking the people that are the best speakers, communicators. You know, maybe not the friend that you kind of have an off feeling about, Like ask the people that you know are going to give you the right answer. They can help mirror back to you where you could use these natural skills, gifts, and abilities. I think as a second place, see where you feel and flow. So for me, as a podcast host and you know someone that teaches and speaks, I am most in flow when i'm teaching, I'm most in flow when I'm podcasting, and I didn't really know that until we got into it. But now I can see back in life that when I'm in conversation with people that feels deep, that's where.
Speaker 3: I'm in flow.
Speaker 1: And so notice where you're in flow, which is really really helpful. And then I think third, redefining purpose. I think people feel like their purpose is thing external, their purpose is something that makes the money, and their purpose is their job. If your purpose here as a soul was to experience and experiment in life, what would you do what with the joy that you would follow? What was the thing that you really just feel lit up by and excited by?
Speaker 3: And I think when we can kind of let.
Speaker 1: Go of the idea that purpose is this really big thing outside of us that means we have to be on stage in Madison Square Garden and do all these crazy things, it can get so much easier to remember that, like, our soul is here for purpose, the purpose of our existence is to be here now, and really just seeing that as less pressure.
Speaker 3: I was going to say that bird's eye view is just so helpful.
Speaker 4: I think purpose holds so much charge these days people feel like, well, if I am not on purpose, then you know, I must be off my path, you know. And I think we are the purpose, you know, and we are always on our path.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: I think I got tripped up so much because I thought I wasn't on my path. But you know, whether it feels like a zig or zag, it's always the same path and providing lessons and support and guidance for more of becoming who you really are.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: How do you see purpose?
Speaker 2: How do I see purpose?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 2: I've watched so many people who I feel have lived their purpose. One of them is my spiritual teacher that's staying with me right now, has had been a month for fifty years, and his sole purpose has been to share God and goodness with the world. Like that you can really believe that goodness exists in the world, and not through speaking but through acting, not through like saying you should do something, but through literally being that person and allowing people to see it and want what you've got. Like whatever you're doing, I want to do. It is how I feel when I'm around him. I see purposes constantly being lost and found. That's been my experience of it. I was actually going to call this podcast lost and Found, because I really felt like feel like you expect once you're found, you're found, and once you've got it, you've got it. And this, as soon as I've grabbed it, this is it. It's gonna be like this, and I'm gonna be holding it with like a torch above me all the time. And actually it's similar to what you were saying about Sassin return. I actually think the point of life is the lost in the found is just as much there as the lost, and both go together, and you will know what found is without being lost. And I don't think you have to see the loss as being a negative thing, because without without exploring different paths, which is what usually do when you're lost, without trying to look in the places which you wouldn't normally when you've lost something, you wouldn't actually be able to explore to figure out what found means. And so I struggle with this question because I feel like my purpose has changed through time, and I do think there's been periods of my life where my purpose has been to serve my family, and that has been so when I felt at home, and then there's been times when my grandma was in hospital like two years ago. I stayed with her and my purpose was solely to look after her and serve her, and that was like everything I wanted. Nothing else mattered in that moment. And then there's been times where I felt like, when I moved to New York, my purpose was to support Jay and support him through what he was going through and what I wanted at the time. Honestly, I didn't want it to matter, and it didn't because he wasn't expecting it. But I felt like, as a person, that's where I wanted to be. And now I feel like my purpose has been like, oh okay, I now feel I've learned so much along the way. Serving others has become that purpose, and I notice that it is what I'm supposed to be doing, because when i start doing things for another motive, or I'm doing partnerships that don't feel right, or I'm making money in ways that I actually feel a bit, I don't want to be sharing that with people. I know it's because the ultimate purpose for me is if I'm not serving them in the right way, it feels wrong. And that might change as time goes on, But yeah, I think I see purpose is something that for me changes. It may be the same for someone for the whole life.
Speaker 1: But that was stunning. Yeah, I loved Almah revd Up. But you know, and you were like following the call of your soul in each of these moments. You're like serving the moment. You're serving what your values, you're serving, what is meaningful and matters to you. And what you even said at the beginning about your teacher, like he serves God and goodness. Yeah, sounds like a great purpose to me. And it sounds like something too that anyone can do, you know. I like when people can kind of and even for myself, this is medicine. Like what could the purpose be that I could do every day? I can serve goodness in God, just like you said exactly. I can do this right now in this moment. I can do this with the barista. I can do this with the uber driver. I can do this with my family. You know, Like, what is the thing that you could truly do every day that's going to make your life better and make the world better. And it doesn't need to be big, it doesn't need to be grand. It can be simple and.
Speaker 2: It can look different every day, Like the way you do the way you live your purpose won't look the same every day externally or internally. And I think that that's really important too, because sometimes you think, okay, that means I, like me living in my purpose means I have to put out a video every single day or I'm not so.
Speaker 4: Otherwise when people get confused, like me, livery purpose seven tiktoxic day And there's.
Speaker 1: No shade to that because no, if that's in flow, if that feels aligned, if that's your values, it's all good.
Speaker 3: But yeah, it's like, where does it come from?
Speaker 1: This thing that feels good and beautiful? And just like on that soul level to like the mind and the human that keeps us trapped and small.
Speaker 2: That was really lovely in the conversation, I was wondering whether there's a quote or any kind of message that has been in your heart or mind in the last couple of months or for your life that keeps coming back. I guess I like saying a mantra, but you know, it can be anything.
Speaker 1: In the book, we say you're not behind, You're becoming, And I just love that sentiment and that phrase because for so long I felt like I was behind. I wasn't married at the right time. I wasn't with kids at the right time, I wasn't making this amount of money, and I just had to go through everything I went through to become the woman I am today, which is a woman that I love and then I'm so proud to be And so for anyone listening, just remembering that that like every day you're becoming and it's the best part of the process.
Speaker 2: It's beautiful.
Speaker 4: This one Chris has said many many times over the years, and it's just a constant reminder for me and really anyone moving through change. Knowing that you can take responsibility for everything you're bringing to a moment, and that is everywhere you go, there you are, which I know is not your.
Speaker 3: Quote, but you say it a lot.
Speaker 4: It's like it's a hard truth, but it's actually like a reassuring, liberating truth too, you know, to know that I, in every moment can take responsibility for what I'm bringing to this experience, whether.
Speaker 3: Good or not good.
Speaker 4: And you know, when I realized that through a lot of therapy, I was like, wow, girl, Okay, you know now you are in control quote quote quote control of your life in that way, you know, life is no longer happening to me. I can really see how it's happening for me and what I'm bringing to it as well.
Speaker 2: Everywhere you go there you will.
Speaker 1: I don't know who the original person is.
Speaker 3: I got to look that up.
Speaker 1: And when you said you're like, Chris did this quote, I'm like, what I know?
Speaker 3: I was so scared.
Speaker 1: I'm like, WHOA, I said, everything is. Yeah, honestly, thank you honey so much. Thank you for lost and found.
Speaker 4: Like I'm going to quote I think we should quote her as we talk about purpose on this journey because no, it's really.
Speaker 1: Now you're in You're in our book. In the Purpose chapter you talk about your journey.
Speaker 3: See that fall, I will show you. I can read it. Yes, can we read it?
Speaker 2: I love that? Wait, I really just like get through a lot of the book. I didn't see that.
Speaker 1: No, it's really far and it's like it's on the purpose part.
Speaker 2: I'm glad to go like the physical copy now, No, I know.
Speaker 3: Same, it's the wrong cover, but you know it'll it'll it'll do. So I'll hear it is.
Speaker 2: I'm so honest.
Speaker 3: Okay, so god, Okay.
Speaker 4: In the book, we have passed the mics, which are just excerpts of wisdom from our podcast guests, and you were talking about purpose and just how you've explored it.
Speaker 3: So this is literally an excerpt from the conversation.
Speaker 4: Everything I've ended up doing has been a beautiful, magical, random interaction with someone that sparked something in me. I met an Ira, beta practitioner and chef, and was obsessed with this human. I was like, I need to study her and be around her. I became her assistant in cooking classes. I was just like, I just want to learn from you and absorb you in any way possible, So let me follow you around and shadow you. Helped her in her cooking classes, and then I went on to do a yoga teacher training, which had to do with me seeing that spark of joy and happiness and purpose and what they were doing. It's not that I want to be them, It's not that I want to have what they have. It's that I want to have that joy in myself, that contentment in what I have to be able to give to other people.
Speaker 3: It's such a beautiful.
Speaker 4: Feeling to know that for me, jealousy or dissatisfaction come when I don't understand who I am and I don't understand what I have to give to other people. Actually, we all just want to give to other people, and the problem is that when we don't know what we have to give, that's where the frustration came for me. I feel like that's probably for many people.
Speaker 3: Makes me want to cry. Oh, I go to make you want to cry thinking about.
Speaker 1: Little you just you know, shadowing the chef doing yoga teacher training.
Speaker 2: It was in New York, and it was amazing, what a momentous time it was for me, Like that was thank you for reading that. I actually forgot that we even had that conversation.
Speaker 3: Really really powerful, Like I just love that.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, honey, this is so sweet. You're the best.
Speaker 2: I like wish you all the best with everything that you're doing. You guys have always been such a light on my Instagram feed every time I see you both, and I really feel like you're special in the sense that you really walk and you feel everything that you share. So thank you.
Speaker 3: That means so much. We love you. Thank you.
Speaker 1: It's such an honor and to connect with your community and just in any way feels so good. And when we got this, we were like, yeah, you give you their girl. We're excited for them to get the book Almost Thirty, which is out. It's a definitive guide to a life you love for this next decade and beyond. So anything that we talked about today we have in the book, which you know, your amazing husband did a little blurb for.
Speaker 2: Please go out and get the book, like it's going to be not just for your almost thirties, but it's going to be a life guide for you also.
Speaker 3: Thank you guys, Thank you guys. The best. Bye,