Speaker 1: The volume. All right, man, we're back another episode of Club five twenty podcasts. We live in the Yay with it all Star Weekend Man Life of mitchellin that's Club for twenty official collab.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: We're starting off with it with a special guests, Man, Special special guests in the building. We gonna sheo was my man's last to my far left, we got my dog. Should be hearing out the PRAI les how you were nasty?
Speaker 3: What's saying the nasty? Let's get to it. I'm excited for this one.
Speaker 1: Shouting to your guy. Listen, you see you see how we heck? He had the time? Man, we were hearing the uniform at all. You know this the vacation club.
Speaker 2: He's shocked. Man, you spiking today? Man, my dog? What size of them?
Speaker 3: I think of twelve? I owe you something, bro. And then this is my license. Bro, Okay, I'm gonna grab you a payer fub We get out of here. I just run a little behind it that I got the man. So you're about to put him on some black force with the white license the grandfather? Yeah, I just think the shoe shops for we left the city.
Speaker 2: So I got you big show to my right.
Speaker 1: We got my dog young now your young tig how you were and I finally touched down in the bay. So I'm hyped to be here. I'm glad to be here, all Star. And we got a special guest, the real Grandfather. I'm let you do the great You know what it is?
Speaker 2: Was watching I said, Man, hold on, what's the description.
Speaker 1: Now? He told me in Chicago the only got when I knew I look down just looking around for sure, Man, fourteen year ben Aba Champ, one of the best defenders of all time. Man probably out the Mother podcast if you ain't tapped in tapping him the dogs he bout home to down for show, the one the only Man Tony Alla, big dig appreciate.
Speaker 2: You sliding on his baby love Man love. Man.
Speaker 1: You know what top it is man, Midwest Podcast in the building man for sure?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, Man. What's been going on with y'all?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 2: I like what y'all doing. Man, I appreciate y'all having me.
Speaker 1: You bro, we gotta talk about this real t a all right now the nazis out too wet, and you know it's a big shout out to him. Man, I ain't gonna lie. Man, my body of work. Man, what I do? Man, I ain't gonna lie. It ain't even that field man, ain't no black and white. It's just straight up and down.
Speaker 2: You feel.
Speaker 1: So when when when y'all was talking about it, I'm like, hold on, they ain't gonna throw first team on them. They ain't gonna first time break that.
Speaker 3: I had to show some respect. I said, hold on, I used to let you get off, but I don't know one. And that's that's the guy for sure.
Speaker 1: Man, this podcast word anytime we know it's gonna put somebody else.
Speaker 2: Off, we just.
Speaker 4: Believe bro y'all being watched, bies be telling me, broke, you gotta get on the fact, man, you gotta, I say, bro I'm gonna get home that I watched y'all straight up slung overdue.
Speaker 2: Man, I'm here.
Speaker 3: I want to get back, like to the to the beginning. Man, How you ended up at Crane Man?
Speaker 2: First?
Speaker 3: You know, we know you're from Chicago. How you laying that Crane Man? Wild story?
Speaker 2: Man? Before I even got the Crane Man, I had dropped out of high school.
Speaker 4: Man, I had what grade ship freshman year as soon as you started, not really.
Speaker 2: When I started.
Speaker 4: Once once the grades came out and you found and I found that I couldn't play no high school basketball if you had that GPA or your grades. It was like, man, I'm going to a school with Ship. It was like a fashion show.
Speaker 2: Damn.
Speaker 4: Then I went to I went to Julian at first familiar with Sean Dockery. I went to his school before he got there, and I was fifty out there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, he was. He was doing his thing.
Speaker 4: And but when I was there Ship, that was like, man, hold on, I need to keep these Air Force one fresh.
Speaker 2: I need to you know what I'm saying. So the only way I could do that if I gamble.
Speaker 1: So I gambled in the you know, the p classes, lunch classes.
Speaker 4: By the time I look up, shit, the school day over. So I wasn't even really going to school. And then you know, that led to another thing, you know, being being outside and when you were outside, you know, with that So by the time I looked up Brou, I don't know, man, I saw my life flash before me because I was I was outside Bro, I was hustling you, and uh, a couple of bullets went past my head, and you know that was my my turning point.
Speaker 2: Saying, you know what, man, this ain't for me.
Speaker 4: Bro, I'm six five, six four and doing all this, I guess ain't me. And till this day, I don't even speak to my cousin because the type of time he had me.
Speaker 2: Got me out here doing this ship. I'm a whole prou you feel me.
Speaker 4: And then that specific day we got a program called the I T I don't know if you'all familiar with, and uh, one day when that day specifically when it happened, I got in the Jedlivery cab boom shot passed. I'm looking to the writers. I said, damn, what are all these cars being out here? You know they got Benley's bens Range. Bro, I'm like, what the hell was all these people going tingout? Just leaving the block shoot right to the thing. I'm thinking I got to pay us free to get in. I'm like, why why are so many people? And then I ran into my boy Jason Straight y'all probably don't know, y'all probably know he played at Wyoming, but uh, I'm asking fool, like, man, what you what you're doing up? He's like, we're gonna play you still hoop. I'm like here like what you hooping? I was embarrassed. I'm like, I dropped out. I don't play bro. He was like, come on, hoo by hoop. In that game we played Sean Marion. Sean Marion was you know, he was he was, he was doing this thing and ship. I ended up having like eighteen points, but I was one still wondering, like why all these people are here. The next game was Antoine Walker and Will Bind them.
Speaker 2: So listen, they in the stands watching me play.
Speaker 4: And so when I leave up at the game, you know, you gotta go downstairs in the locker room, you know, I said in the locker room, Will.
Speaker 2: Like, man, Bro, like I need you. Like, I'm like what you mean. He's like, Bro, you can hoop. Bro. I'm like like, where you hooping at? I'm like, Bro, I dropped out. And so the head coach, the coach, Anthony long Street, shot out. Athony young Street coached me and Crane.
Speaker 4: He know, he was all errogant, you know, will bind him as man you So he just you know, yeah, are your grades you know?
Speaker 2: Just okay? Yeah, like just tough on me for no reason.
Speaker 4: And so Will was like, man, skip all that, Bro, I can get you in school, Bro, I just took.
Speaker 2: The Blue Division.
Speaker 4: When you're in the Blue Division in Chicago, that mean that's the weakest you're gonna play all the bullshit team. But when you in the Red division, that's all the big time school.
Speaker 2: Okay. So you got to win the Blue division and getting the Red so.
Speaker 1: The top team in the top team in the Blue division gold moves up to the Red division drops now. And so he was explaining that process to me, and I get you in school, so boom, imagine my mama had already put me out.
Speaker 2: If you ain't going to school, ain't no living in here.
Speaker 4: So it got to the point whereas all right, I'm finna, I'm gonna go back to school real, just say give me in school manage. You don't even know where Crane at, Okay, I don't even know what crane.
Speaker 2: Never heard of crane.
Speaker 4: And so when I went back to my where I lived at on ninety fifth prison, par shut out Principal par Lodan Holmes.
Speaker 2: Be exact.
Speaker 4: When I went back, Bro, all the guys like, Bro, where you've been at this, that and the other. And I go to my mama crib nobody in there like the furniture gone like the dog is open, Like damn, what the hell would my mama go? They like, bro, your mama moved outout like a month ago, damn damn. And I'm like er So then boom went back, got in the cab, went to my grandmama house. Got to my grandma house where my mama lived at. She was like, well, baby, she says, she moved you outside doing what you ain't supposed to be doing. She don't want you around ther kids and this, that and the other. You're trying to be grown, be grown, say Grandmama fin to go back to school. She say, well, baby, your mama lived twenty one fifty rest Ranrana.
Speaker 2: Grandma heard the.
Speaker 4: Bed sat and say, yeah, she moved on the west side. And this was God because.
Speaker 1: When I looked up and I called my mom, I'm like, Mama, I want to come, I want to come back home.
Speaker 4: And you know, she laid a a low down, You're gonna go to school, get the jobs out. This another When I told him going to school, she really didn't believe it. And so when I got there, she like, what a school. I'm like, it's called Crane. She's still like she's like what crane down the street? Uh, just so happened when she moved to the West Side. It was fast a five block radies. I said, damn me to be. I said, it meant to be. But shout out the wheel by him because he the one that, you know what I'm saying, put that play together and that's.
Speaker 2: How I got there. Okay, that's crazy.
Speaker 3: So he got a wild ass story like I didn't know that, did you did?
Speaker 2: One? Chip? No, I ain't win no chip. We ain't gonna like that blue yea. I never made this.
Speaker 4: Hell, I ain't gonna like that. It's a team called Westinghouse and they got head. They had these cat's name the Bailey Brothers. They had Martel Bailey, David Bailey, and Cedric Banks. Those guys was like they was winning.
Speaker 2: I think. I don't think they lost the game. Damn.
Speaker 4: I don't think they lost the game. But it was like, damn, like we couldn't get past them. If I go look at Chicago Preps, you're gonna be on there.
Speaker 2: No, that ship came.
Speaker 4: As soon as I graduated, I used to watch Preps like it was big. That was That was the first reality t that was lit. I was like, damn. So you had e c U ship. Guys on straight was on that too, Uh Eddie carry all them cats was just it was big.
Speaker 2: I ain't gonna lie that. Whoever put that together, that was dope. That was dope. I used to watch that ship religiously.
Speaker 3: Who the who the best high school player to come out of Chicago to you? Just your opinion?
Speaker 1: Sign spot, Yeah, let's just do high school.
Speaker 2: Man. We got a lot of cats.
Speaker 4: But if I'm gonna get somebody some love, I'm gonna get somebody some love. I'm gonna go. I'm gonna go with Mari Sawyer. He had a Puma commercial in high school. In high school again, I'm Mary. He went to De Paul and I'm talking, I ain't gonna lie. And when I saw him with that, with that, with that commercial, I ain't gonna lie. I was like, damn, I gotta step my game up and I'm talking. He went to King High School. He played with Leon Smith, so he was nice. I'm talking about crossover, about no look passes, I'm talking about throwing lobs.
Speaker 2: And then here give you thirty small guard. He like six one six one stepped in with ya. We got a lot of them, though, Bro, we gotta ship.
Speaker 4: Uh, you had that. Michael Herman, he went to King got Cedric Banks. Uh, he went to West House. The team I was telling y'all about.
Speaker 3: About old boy that play with uh in Brian class went with Monica.
Speaker 4: Shnon Brown got a lot of who's always always you know, z Bohead.
Speaker 1: I was like, man, y'all right behind that.
Speaker 2: He got a lot on them, bro, y'all right behind us.
Speaker 4: Cord mcghetty, Quinn Richardson. We were taking in Eagle.
Speaker 2: Dollar, y'all taking Come on and do that.
Speaker 4: Come on, I got e T two though, Turner, Turners, man Shepherd, come on, we loaded do get my old Jesus little Twan Howard, Mike Finley and.
Speaker 1: You know who underwrite it, even though he made Bottle Simmons. Come on, Josh John from Chicago buckets. He killed, he killed, crazy, he killed, and I forget that.
Speaker 4: I don't think too many people notice our style of basketball, because I like one thing about our basketball.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 4: We're gonna clear out, y'all get not cleared out most definite y'all want to hold on one thing to though, I forgot in that defensial stands like I ain't going never of somewhere else.
Speaker 2: Fucked up. So that's how.
Speaker 4: That's that's how that is, man, And I ain't gonna let bro I get that that type of energy when I played in the league, because it was like bro y'all steady running four five plays and try to single me out.
Speaker 2: Bro, this ain't this ain't the leck y'all. Better move somewhere else to that shit for real. I got story we try to run. You probably don't remember who's going big in the NBA this season.
Speaker 1: You are with all the new ways to get in on the action at Draft Kings sports Book, an official sports betting part of the NBA Player Props, money Lines, you name it. Draft Kings got it all new customers, Now it's your chance to get on all the hoops action. New customers bet five dollars to get one hundred and fifty dollars in bonus best instantly take it to the rack of Draft Kings Sports Book where every point counts. That load the apps today use Cold Club five to twenty. Yes that's Cold Club five to twenty for new customers to get one hundred and fifty dollars bonus bets with just five bucks all the on draft Kings, the Crown of Yours.
Speaker 5: Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler in New York called eight seven seven eight Hope and Y or text hope and Y four six seven three sixty nine. In Connecticut. Help is available for a problem gambling called eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill Casino when resorting Kansas twenty one on over agent eligibility varies by jurisdiction, void and Ontario Bonus petsic Spire one hundred and sixty eight hours, zeph richuins four. Additional terms and responsible gaming resources see DKNNG dot co, slash audio.
Speaker 1: Y'all, What's going on? DJ was again from Club five twenty. I'm here to tell you about Mando.
Speaker 2: Listen.
Speaker 1: We know everybody likes to go out and have a good time, especially date night. You try and get fresh, get your hair cut, your choir ready, but be here. What's the non negotiable?
Speaker 4: Nah, for sure, it's Thata deodor, and it's more. You can use it more than under your orange. Make use it for your feet, under your knees, under your ball set, ladies under the yetties and around your neck area too.
Speaker 2: So come on, man, man doog got you coverment. They gonna keep you clean, keep you dry.
Speaker 1: They got a lot of products futures twos from alls, so you get a little bit of something special if you miss your Club five twenty. When you make your first purchase for Mando, make sure you support the podcast. Use at Pomo Cold Club five twenty. For new users your first starter pack, you get five dollars off mention of us to make sure you tap in Shopmando dot com Club five twenty. I remember you came off the bench. We said, Memphis, you came off the bench this game.
Speaker 2: And you came in.
Speaker 1: You had y'all know t a. I to be like this nigga dirty. This nigga had powder all on his short Like I'm like, damn, man, I think give a fuck because I played with white myself, I play, I played with Joe and they do.
Speaker 2: It all they here before the game. Well he come out, you got get the powder sacking.
Speaker 6: On his legs.
Speaker 2: I'm like, look at this unifore.
Speaker 1: So we try to run this out of bounds, this out of time out play he stole the ball four times in a row from smooth like he trying to make a past. He stole it. He tried to do something else, he stole it. He stole it the third time and they called a time out. L D called the time out.
Speaker 2: He was like like, not run that ship man. We got it. We're gonna run this morning. Helen the foreshouth first around like and I'm like this nigga cold on it. He just running around holding his finger.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I was on the bench, I ain't playing at this time, on the bench rolling.
Speaker 2: I'm like, keep keep the ball away from that nigga. Mano.
Speaker 1: They cutn't right straight switter.
Speaker 2: I was running.
Speaker 1: Ain't gonna let many one thing about I always played Atlanta. I always feel like ship I want later, I ain't.
Speaker 4: I worked out for them and my when when my pre draft workout and I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: I killed, bro, I'm talking about killed.
Speaker 4: It was me the real right and Trevor Reeves and I think it was his name, Dante Smith.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he got drafted. He got they picked.
Speaker 1: When they were telling me, they were talking to me like they was going to move up in the draft and get me in this all up like damn.
Speaker 2: And then they they ain't drafting. They ain't do what they said. We don't do. So Ship Scriberry. You went to Boston. Yeah, true that you.
Speaker 3: Going to Atlanta in two thousand and five.
Speaker 6: Out here.
Speaker 2: It was outside.
Speaker 1: I came, I came, oh nine, and it still was popping outside. Yeah, bro, for sure for show Man, we gotta get to the college obviously know but you looked up with five twenty alumni. Baby, man, show Luke, that's my boy. Man, I ain't gonna let man in the crazy part. How you got there?
Speaker 2: Man? Will Bandham was supposed to come.
Speaker 4: William had just transferred from Arizona text right, but listen, he told my whole coaching staff, am on my way. I'm leaving Arizona with this. I'm on my way.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So we waiting, We waiting, Bro, the coaches calling me all night. Hey, where your boy is? Did he did?
Speaker 3: He? Did?
Speaker 2: He detoy somewhere else?
Speaker 4: Going We went to Atlanta, Man, we wake up, man, We here will Bynam has committed to Georgia Tech blew me.
Speaker 2: I'm like, damn, so I'm calling him. He didn't answered. I'm like all right.
Speaker 4: Then all of a sudden, John Lucas fell in our hand through the technical difficulty, uh, the technicality that he was going through with the with the Baylor situation. I'm pretty sure he told y'all about Yeah, that was that was really unfortunately, I ain't gonna lie, but fortunate for us, you know, he came in was a big key to our success. Man, and what we did that in Oklahoma State. Man, I'm talking about it be times right, it'll be time. Brother Jay Luke be like, bro, we pros, we pro We got to act like pro. So once he was telling me that, I'm like, bro, Lee, I'm like, you're right.
Speaker 2: We do gotta work hard. We got to work hard.
Speaker 4: So once he told me that I would go to the gym at night, I'll catch him in the gym. Boom here comes to the gym at night. I'll try to get that before him. So now it's like who's gonna leave first. It'll be time as well. I'm talking about the man so clever. He'll act like he done and then right when I go in and I'm done, he go right back out here. So he had that like type of competitive nature is just we're gonna get that work in and uh all while we play with each other. He always influenced me and told me like, bro, you' a pro. He's like, I'm gonna get you there. He take credit for my success and getting to the pros.
Speaker 3: I don't know why, but he be part of it though.
Speaker 4: I mean, I mean one thing he did. He because I never did get that motherfucker right. I'm clanking. I'm the king of clanking that motherfucker. But I ain't gonna lie. He did put that battery in my back to say, bro, you gotta keep coming back at night shooting. I have seen him get up like two three thousand shots up in one day, you know what I'm saying, And he'd do it. It's like his body was trained to do that shit. And I was like, man, how you do this? Bro, I'm gonna go up here and get me two hundred shots up. I'm getting up out of there. Brother, Ain't that you know what I'm saying, and try to make two hundred shit.
Speaker 2: That was a lot for me.
Speaker 3: So he was always defensive minded though now, hell no, I used to. I just man, I was in college.
Speaker 2: I was I respect that cross.
Speaker 4: Yes, sir, look look killer. When I when I got to Oklahoma State.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 4: I ain't even that I got to Okahoma State, Bro. My junior college coach. You know, I went to JUCO, went to Butler Community Color Cans, got kicked out of there. Yeah, I was freshman out the year the average sixteen game. He was acting that kicked out and called me smoke a weed that act. The ready came, try to give me my award. He sees smoke coming all out of my room. Man fold kicked me out.
Speaker 2: That's so bad. But that through the drace of God. That's how Look how God worked.
Speaker 4: Because the national Junior college team that won it that year was missing the two guard So the first thing they did was, like y'all kicked him at school, we could use them. Send them down here to Illinois and I went to Walt Baths Valley and then y'all find to know this name right here. I went down there with a cabinet named Antoine Barber.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 1: It's a bunch of kids from nothing with the wild bad uh. Recently Robert greg the a lot younger than you though.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So when when I got there, a Twine Barbara won National Junior College mv P.
Speaker 2: So when he won m v P that specific.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he was supposed to leave and go to the league because look, you had three junior college guys that could have went to the league. Well actually two of them actually went, Kedrick Brown and quincel Wood.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was.
Speaker 4: He was on that draft board too, mimber of mock draft. They still got the Okay, so the mock draft he was. He was on that draft board. He came back to school.
Speaker 1: So when he came back to school, he got everybody coming to the schools. I'm talking about Michigan State, I'm talking about all the big boys schools.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: And so when he was he was getting all that notoriety. During that time, Oklahoma State was recruiting, and so when they was recruiting, you know how at that time, they couldn't really talk to you. They couldn't say nothing to you. They'll try to get your He tried to do all that extra ship. Hell, one time he was winking at me like, I'm like.
Speaker 1: Paul, because that was my man, but you did that for so when he did that, it was like damn, I'm like all right, But he got to be interesting because he's trying to get my attention. And so whenever when all the smoke Clip, that's why I Barbara went to Kentucky so boom.
Speaker 4: By him staying got me that notoriety, I believe. I always say that. And when we used to I used to be playing against me and him used to go at it. Bro I ain't gonna let we go edit one on one five on five. We're playing five on five looked like one on one because we're going at each other.
Speaker 2: But it made us.
Speaker 4: It made us, like I said, iron, we end up losing in the National Junior College champion not Championship final four. And then once more, like I said, when smoke Clip had Creighton, Cincinnati, uh Arizona State.
Speaker 2: In Oklahoma State.
Speaker 1: What made you put like to the Oklahoma State though? Being from Chicago, like, I think you probably picked Cincinnati somewhere.
Speaker 2: Of those, I didn't want to go since that.
Speaker 4: But you know who they picked who they signed Tony Bobby.
Speaker 2: He was nice there too, He's nice.
Speaker 4: So when they picked up Tony Bobby, I'm like, no, I'm straight and I didn't want to go on the West Coast, and it was like crating. I'm like, whoever went to the league, you could have warned that have been tough. Oh yeah, cool guy, you never got a bucket on me. But meanwhile, meanwhile, when I went on a visit, you know, you know, we had the legendary coach that was that was the only reason. And then they had about like a y s in games and y'all familiar with Mo Baker. Yeah, I was watching how they was letting him get loose the year before me. So I'm like, damn, that spot open. It's when I got it from. When I got in front of Coach Sutton. I just flat out asked him, like, coach, if I saying, here am I going to the league. He looked at me and was like, you know. He put his legs up and well, the coaches say that, you know you are a great defender, you're very athlete. I'm like, coach, wait, man, you ain't never saw me playing.
Speaker 2: What the hell dressing this guys?
Speaker 3: I'm like, wait man, wait coaches before he's like, I didn't know that. I'm like, all right, cool.
Speaker 4: He was like, but if you listen to everything I say defensively and you know, be a star in your role and you know, do everything I tell you offensively and execute it, I don't see why now, I'm like.
Speaker 2: Coach, what what what? He ain't like to shut out recipes?
Speaker 4: Edison always give my uh, bro, you know, loves and respect to him because I asked him.
Speaker 1: He kept it g for sure, man, And that's you say, okay, State, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Growing up playing with a thrill.
Speaker 1: Then you catch him in the final four, after the whole he's supposed to be on your team anyway.
Speaker 2: That's energy, Like, Bro, I ain't gonna lie, I always say. I always say I kind of because I ain't in collegeable.
Speaker 4: I always say, man, I think I jagged that yet because listen, we're doing our study halls and you know, we have to do our work and you gotta you know, we gotta be focused.
Speaker 2: They got us some curfew, damn.
Speaker 4: So at this time, you know, you remember on the phone you could send video messages. So this man send me a video message. They kigging it. They got the sweet, they.
Speaker 1: Got little chicks over there, they got there.
Speaker 2: I'm like, Lou, look at that, look like, man, don't do it. Don't do it.
Speaker 4: He's like, I say, brother, fuck this curtain from three man, I ain't cracking over there. Ain't gonna lie ten o'clock, hit Bro. Let them coaches come in do their check.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 4: As soon as they left, walk right out there. We had the rum on the elevator going down stair boom cap, Yeah, take me across the street. Man went over cross street.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: We over there, Man.
Speaker 4: Drinking Hennessy turned they got the music. I'm Tom about chicks just running off through that.
Speaker 2: Mom.
Speaker 4: I'm like, Man, I ain't leave that more for until about four in the morning.
Speaker 2: Man blew me game at five o'clock.
Speaker 1: I'm like, damn, I'm talking about I ain't so up till second half.
Speaker 2: Oh Tom, Man, it blew me by the time I look up.
Speaker 4: Man, I'm looking at this tag game right had like I think I got like thirteen point I'm like four four eleven.
Speaker 1: Man, my last three games I didn't. I had like twenty two, twenty four.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. I think I had eleven.
Speaker 1: The game before that, I had to lock up Jimy and Nelson and Delante Man, so we I just knew it.
Speaker 4: We beat them and we got to being Gordon them. I say, this is gonna be all I need to do is get to being Gordon. You Lea and I'm not even league. I'm a lottering if I could lock up being Gordon and show the world that I'm a lot. And so what ended up happening was, man, we'll bind them end up coming off a pick and roll has on j Looke floating it over, Joey Grant, so Joy Grand and then right there in that time out Brian gonna that's why. And Luke you know, you know I did this boy coach like Eddie Son like, oh, Jake, we're gonna sub j Lou. You trying to go off his defense man Je I'm like, hell no, we I'm like j Luke standing in.
Speaker 2: We're finna get this win. Jay Lou gonna get this stop.
Speaker 3: We will came up on the state.
Speaker 2: You feel me, I'm standing up for my homie. Yeah, you from Chicago doing it? Bring it in, We bring it in.
Speaker 1: Man, Ja little Ben fail for that weekend, I said, oh, hell Ja, wait to y'all you tube for some weekends making joy ground.
Speaker 2: This motherfucker doing three sixties in the layup line. Man he put that weekend float.
Speaker 3: I said, Man, I couldn't do nothing to look back and just hold my head down.
Speaker 4: I had sold it up by them. I'm like, damn, we love like we lost, so did look right? We go into the you know the you know, the coaches come in. They come in all man and ship. They got their head down. They they walk in their pace and they don't want to say nothing.
Speaker 2: Man. One of the coaches busts out Tony Allen. I'm like what, I'm looking up.
Speaker 1: You know, we cried like I'm thinking like crying. I'm I'm hoping they see that fields. He busts out, said, I know you were out last night.
Speaker 2: Yeah we know that. He was like, so when the NBA coaches and called for you, we're gonna fuck you. Damn. I'm like what, I start crying again. I start crying again. I'm like, damn, all I can think like then the wheel chess for next because because you got a Really.
Speaker 4: When he went and played against Being Going, he killed them like nineteen in the championship game, but they locked. But I think that was my matchup I hanging about. I always tell Being Going there when I see him too, I was like, damn, bro, I've been won that matchup. Ben was tough.
Speaker 2: He was tough, man. I don't know how hard he was. He we know year.
Speaker 1: Six minutes Troy, one of my first games I got to play. They ran two chests the whole game, cooking, cooking, he cooked the middle, me cooked me. Trying to score thirteen in a row. I was like, I'm I don't ready for.
Speaker 2: Look, they were calling him Ben Jordan at one point.
Speaker 3: Really yeah, who Who's the hardest match up in college for you?
Speaker 2: Though? Man?
Speaker 4: A lot of people don't know man andre Emmitt recipes. H it won no stopping him getting thirty bro when no stop all mid range? Yeah, big boy basket. He was called bro, I'm talking about he putting our five man in the post, damn for real. And it was like then every time I faced him, it would be like, either have a good game and then he'd just have a better game, or he would just do something late in the game and just take over. Like I don't know what was about his game, real orthodox shot and everything, but he just getting bucket. He wanted to get buckets man. And uh, if I had to say one more tough matchup, I think his name Baron Moutan, Yeah, yeah, yeah, text me buckets man.
Speaker 2: Oh man. He used to he used to be a problem bro of courses. He used to be a problem.
Speaker 1: Other than that, Yeah, okay, uh did you always have to handle? Because I mean when people know you from the league, they know you from playing defense.
Speaker 2: But I remember you from college.
Speaker 1: I've been a basketball fan my whole life, and when you got buckets in college and were talking about but you always had handled, like people underestimated when you got in the league. I'm like, that fuck could dribble. One of my best friends back home named Phil.
Speaker 2: You was his guy.
Speaker 1: So like Oklahoma State, you was his guy. I was going for Saint Joe's. I was Jamiir and Nelson shirts.
Speaker 2: It was my guys. They wore big T shirts. That was we was right on their heels that whole year. They was one. We was too my bunny work.
Speaker 1: Okay, he fucked to Saint Joe's. But okay State we played marsh Man.
Speaker 2: Is he getting Okay State?
Speaker 1: He like Tony Allen Gold And I'm like, so we got older and I seen you.
Speaker 2: You know, you was known for defense.
Speaker 1: I'm like, he can't dribble, no more Insand you know, but I know the league. You know, you get to the league taking you a role changing But no, it's Chicago thing. Ain't and then I played with wheel the thrills was like every time man, me and three people don't know me and three used to put on jump sos bro my senior high school.
Speaker 2: Junior senior high school, I walked around with them jumps them shoes East Bank, Bro. Everybody in school used to be like, look at this Rodney Carney on me.
Speaker 3: Ronney Carney used to walk around the city.
Speaker 4: And I'm talking about shoes and one thing for short, some of them down trying to get back in my brother maybe some strim shoes and terrors though, bro, homemadetrimp shoes. My brother put a block of wood under some old gym shoes, put a nail in it.
Speaker 2: Walk around that ship. That's why the work for the hell cause you jump. I didn't do this.
Speaker 6: Over off you get the home depot Joy made wore story out.
Speaker 2: My brother.
Speaker 4: He tried thought that count No, me and him just play one on one and so just picking up his attributes.
Speaker 1: Like I'm like, damn that, Like how he do it? Like because he hits you, I left boom, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: So I couldn't. I couldn't do it like that. So I had to, you know, come into it like that with the in and out, you know what I'm saying. And it was always left the right, you know what I'm saying. I couldn't get it really like that going that way. But oh, man, Chicago, You've got one of the things we always was talking. You've got to be able to handle that ball. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: You can't handle that ball, man, you what you're gonna do on the court. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: And it's one of the things, Man, I inherited early as a kid. And I don't know, man handling that ball to me when I got in the league. I couldn't show it simply because it was more like, all right, we need you to be doing fifty to fifty shit like you need to be getting loose ball, catching it in transition, getting deflections like that's what they feed to me.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: In my first yep, shit, that's what I had to do ship to try to get on the court.
Speaker 3: So you said, you know, I said that was gonna pick. You know, we in your draft draft process right now, I was that first day of practice or what was that draft process?
Speaker 4: Like, Man, the draft process was crazy I had. I mean, I found out how many teams was in two thousand and folk. I worked out with everybody except Toronto, you know what I'm saying, and so I felt I was the best in shape.
Speaker 2: It was some workouts, man, I ain't gonna be live, man.
Speaker 1: Cats would pull out Theydn't see me getting the best stomach hurt.
Speaker 2: Yeah, pull a hamstring, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: And I be mad, Bro, I'll be like, I tell them the coaches like, come on, ma, y'all got to get some more competitors in y'all doing the full.
Speaker 1: Court, one on one ship all that, damn all that.
Speaker 3: And I'm talking about you said in thirty Cities, Niggay.
Speaker 4: Look I was in the best shape, bro. That was the best shape in my life. Bro, I ain't gonna lie is The process could be it could be draining, but man, we was trying to get im trying to feed my family.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. You know it really motive, it really it really didn't matter.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: They well they were all I needed was one team, bro, And in that process, that's all you need is one team.
Speaker 1: That It's crazy that one team to be in the Boston Celtic's twenty five first round pick. It's crazy because you was there in Boston pre KG and then post to help KG get the championship. I was that just touching down in Boston. They're going through a little bit of a transition. I was part of that team. I was part of the team that lost eighteen games in the row.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, and I'm talking.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 4: Saying, but hold on, hold on, let's stay here and seeing hotel. I'm telling you, but look, we was getting busy. No, I'm talking about it was so bad.
Speaker 2: Bro. You know, we was in the losing culture.
Speaker 4: Because when you come in in the locker room and you got the stat sheet right there and hand tap, how you, bro, that's a loser?
Speaker 2: Why is you looking at that? Sounds like that's a good soda? Bro? That was a and then but I ain't gonna lie.
Speaker 4: I had like a beat because I told my a cl yeah my third year and it's one of the freak accidents. One of things I really regret in the league is playing after the whistle, and I hate when players do it today.
Speaker 2: But don't know them following her get hurt like I did. I don't know how that damn but tweak it. Man.
Speaker 4: I was averaging, like I want to say a good like eighteen nineteen a game I'm talking about on like a ten gamespan. Paul Pierce had just got his extension. Then he went to the media. It was like, I need some help. I'm saying to myself, Damn, he's trying to get some folks up out of here. Was definitely but it was one day like he had came to me and shut it down. He was like, yo, I'm shutting it down. He was like, you got the juice now. I'm like, He's like, yeah, you starting today, get ready and walked away.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 2: That's all he.
Speaker 4: Needed to tell me. I'm talking. I'm telling you, bro, want like an eighteen game. I mean an eighteen per game points per game streak.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 4: And specifically that day, Bro was I was going up against stack Jack. You know, stack Jack, great defender OG at the time. You know what I'm saying, Looking at the scar, I'm like, damn, we playing at Deiana. I got like nineteen with like six minutes seven minutes left in the third, I'm saying to myself, I might get.
Speaker 2: Forty to.
Speaker 4: Of course, I'm like I might get forty, and so I was feeling good. I blew pass him. He found me, you know, the whistle blow and then this right around the town. And when Brian bron came to the league but making this look sex. So I tried to do one of them, man, and didn't quite get up there. Man, feel dead on my ship.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: That shit pops so loud out here. It's just like yo, I'm like out, come out and she was hurting so bad. Then Steven Jackson like, what is you doing?
Speaker 3: Bro?
Speaker 2: Why would you do that? Bro? Why would you do that?
Speaker 4: Boom All I remember just getting to the back thinking like, no, I ain't nothing wrong with it, ain't nothing wrong with it. Boom tried to walk on again. Man, I fell out clapped. They're like, yeah, yo, toyo a cl I was crying. I was hurt, and from then, you know, it was it was it was two things that could happen because I ended up, you know, I had some had some troubles, some legal troubles or whatever, and uh, it was two things that happened.
Speaker 2: Bros Ley.
Speaker 4: I get my knee right, adapt to my role, do it one hundred ten percent. And if I don't try to come back here and try to be on some clearout ship. You know what I'm saying, My ass is out the league. And that was the reality of that. So when I came back, man, uh, we had traded everybody but me and Rondo, sir, you know what I'm saying that that's that's summer.
Speaker 2: We got the Delante West, got rid of.
Speaker 4: Gerald Green, Ryan gonees Al Jefferson, and while deserve it, everybody was gone. And so I'm like, damn, why they keep me because they didn't extend me, you know, my third year. You know, they could extend your third. You play through your fourth here then did a bad kickain. So they signed They signed Al Jefferson four year like seventy something, and brought We got KG like that, we took We sent Walick Serbiac to Seattle and uh we got Rid out right. And so right then and there, I'm like, damn, hold on, we got three Hall of famers, Like what the hell?
Speaker 2: What what do I fit in at?
Speaker 4: And uh, Doc Rivers he here, you know, pulled me to the side, brought me and he was like, you see what happened? Like what we trade everybody?
Speaker 2: We kept you?
Speaker 4: So in worder for you to get on this court and play, you need to be doing everything they not doing because their scores, they're going to get majority of shots. You need to be getting loose balls, taking charges, diving on the floor, getting deflections, playing the passing lane, and shoot when.
Speaker 2: You get low clock, I'm like low clock. I mean I'm wide over in eighteen on the clock. That ain't a good shot. Coach.
Speaker 1: Hell no, I say, okay, cool, that's that's love, that's what's happing. But he kept it g though, you see what I'm saying, Like, ain't too many coaches running up on you, like like if they ain't fucking with you, and they and they know your windows short, they just gonna throw you out there.
Speaker 2: Hey, funk up there. They looking upstairs at the gym.
Speaker 4: Like, oh god, that's what he was doing. You did you wondering like okay? But then he kept me and I ain't gonna lie, man, that was the most stressful you. I ain't gonna trying to get back. You know what I'm saying, Get over my you know my things I had going on, and that's my knee. Man, just I couldn't.
Speaker 2: I was I was scared. I had to wear the brace. I'm talking about the brace looking so bad. I ain't gonna lie.
Speaker 4: Remember what time I had to brace on and uh, Chris Wilcock track comes at.
Speaker 2: A pick and his knee hit my brake. He's like, damn, Chris. Wasn't then that man? That brace was so I hated that. Ain't Chris Bosh used to wear that brace that she used to hurt When he.
Speaker 4: Said and I ain't gonna lie, I was. I was still trying to just get back she and trying to get my bounce.
Speaker 2: I was timid.
Speaker 4: I was scared, but I went through the process man, and I was able to start, you know, just strengthening my knee and got back so big shout out to Brian doing and walked to Norton. The folks got me back right, strengthen condition to a four year straight back. It took a full year to shake back. Oh yeah, took down there because I heard it the middle of the season. I ain't come back. It took about the whole oh yeah, about a year. Yeah yeah, I think I came back earth. Then it was contract my fourth year. It was like ship I was if it was seven months. I had to get back out there. You feel me show.
Speaker 1: It's crazy, Like you said, contract situation, You're going to know what I'm saying that that championship year Man.
Speaker 2: How was that run?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 2: What I like about that? It is the way we came together. We was in Italy.
Speaker 4: We started in Italy and Tigket p ray Poles, I mean perk, you know, the starting fat pretty much they all went bad and like we're gonna be on the same coord which made was formed the bench mob because we was like, all right, two things happened these we got to be on the same page like them. That's what that was that message right then and there, and we set forth the title vision right then and there, like we go.
Speaker 2: Man. Training camp was hard.
Speaker 4: I'm talking about everybody getting extra shots up, guys getting there early, like like we set the foundation right then and there, manout. It was some of the best scrimmages I've probably been a part of, Man And I don't know. It was just felt like I felt like like Doc knew what he was doing.
Speaker 2: You knew y'all was gonna win. And then all y'all cut your hair off. No, you know, I had to keep my face.
Speaker 3: I don't want to go over there. Because a couple of the niggas and have no trouble. I got a peanut, bro. I can't, I can't.
Speaker 4: I couldn't have did it. Man, I ain't gonna like I remember Eddie House like your fan fund.
Speaker 2: Man going to hell and so that.
Speaker 4: But I think that right there, man, it just showed that they were sacrificing everything, man, and they came together.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: And you know who else was like a real voice in the locker room? Man was changed posts. You know.
Speaker 4: He had that swagger like you know I've been there before, like when we be fucking up. Sain't it? Man, sain't it?
Speaker 2: Brothers?
Speaker 4: Same championship spirit right here, Like he'll be the first one check everybody I'm talking about, let ticket them know this ain't it.
Speaker 2: He'll tell Pete, no, that ain't it.
Speaker 4: Broost have been on the week side, but you got like he a straightened guy, not in the disrespectful way.
Speaker 2: But more so like I've been to the promising what y'all doing? Ain't it?
Speaker 4: And so I always took sheets out of his book, Bro, you know what I'm saying. I'm talking about the guy used to come in there, bro with a laptop, big ass laptop. They give him the you know, the edits on who he's sticking. He'll watch the iOS. He'll watch their transitions, he'll watch the offensive rebound, he'll watch their catching shoots.
Speaker 2: And he'll be watching that.
Speaker 4: All the way until then there like game time or not, until it's time to go get his treatment.
Speaker 2: Because I treatment. We ran some old heads, all listen.
Speaker 1: I didn't understand what the hell of the treatment table was. I'm like, why the hell these motherfuckers sit on that table so long?
Speaker 4: But when I was young, I was learning from those veterans and seeing how they take care of their body, seeing how they prepare ray Hall and get that three four hours early, get shot up. He showered in a hot tub, cold tub. Now you're reading the book, like, damn, okay, that's how you get ready. Ticket. He got damn it, got this heat packed. He's got his feet on the heat pack. He's sitting there just ain't saying nothing to nobody.
Speaker 2: I'm like, damn what he.
Speaker 4: Meditate and getting ready to go in there du about fifty squads with the dumbbells. I'm like, okay, he getting ready then, Paul, he was just he was just he was just hilarious he had coming there.
Speaker 2: Bro. He just he was like he look at your shoes, like, what's dog.
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: He was just he was just too free lance.
Speaker 1: You know, so you really didn't want I really didn't want to take nothing. Ain't like, Yeah, I didn't want to take nothing of his book, bro. But I always listened to him and when he got serious and he was in my always listened to him, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: And just taking those guys professionalism. I think it carried on to my career. You see what I'm saying. I used that It's like damn okay, going running the papat before you go and get to the game right for the game.
Speaker 1: That ain't That ain't healthy? You know what I'm saying. Not getting enough rest, that ain't healthy.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: All this extra ship I was doing before pre a c L at the a CL. When they got there, I straightened my whole professionalism.
Speaker 1: I want to ask, how does it feel to see them out for spaces, you see KG and people they show, you see Kendrick Perkin's on ESPN, like to know them personally, see how they are to be the new media? How is that now because they all represent the real stuff like y'all want together. You know, they real dudes, especially behind basketball.
Speaker 4: Yeah, man, and they cut from a cough man that's so separate them guys, real dudes.
Speaker 1: Man, I ain't gonna lie. When we played together, Man, we did everything together. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: KG forcibly made everybody one team, one go. You know what I'm saying. We're gonna go out together, go in together, go in together. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: He made that clips soon as he got in the dope, you know what I'm saying. And then hold on, hold on, hold on, Hey, they loud to hear. I thought she was about to say I was, but.
Speaker 2: Even better. Yeah I lost my train. No, no, Mitchell, and next with.
Speaker 4: Love shopping. But no, man, those guys bro ain't gonna lie. Those guys ain't gonna lie.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: You gotta understand where they coming from the because if you look at today's game, they probably might be a little too outright for to Gay's game.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: The way they played, they how vocal they are, they got the alpha male syndrome.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I don't think that's allowed in locker room today. And I just look at it like damn man. Like I said, they come from a closs that ain't sold no more damn because they real dudes. Man, When you hear what they talking about, you actually gotta understand what the leagues and the times and the errors that they played in It was a no bullshit type error.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. They come ticket played in the era where you could can't check them off.
Speaker 4: Now do you can you imagine how from the hand chake him off for ninety four feet and get.
Speaker 2: Away with it?
Speaker 4: I mean doing that, I mean still you you can do it? What I at least fat, at least fat the muscle, Get fat at me. You're gonna have a few games with ten seven. And you know what I'm saying, But the errors that they played, I just think you gotta respect a g when they talking or giving their opinion. I like the space that person person a more corporate type podcast or you know whatever, whatever. But he's doing this thing, man, shout out big perk man. I used to call him swamp thing boy.
Speaker 2: Get the sweating that coming out there song. I'll be like, God, what is swamp. That's crazy. He inherded that nick name.
Speaker 1: We're gonna talk about that. That's about order. Oh god, oh god, that's it's funnycause you're talking about hit us. I always think about kPr we talk. You pop up with him dropping in the driveway.
Speaker 2: That was you know, he ain't.
Speaker 4: Big felt, I ain't gonna like. He always wanted to be like a guard man. He used to try to come and get in our drills or we we warm up and stuff like that. He loves like shooting jump side. I ain't gonna have big fella, always had guard mentality. But uh yeah, them guys ain't gonna like I said. I like the space thing and for.
Speaker 1: Sure, man, listen, man, y'all got it done. Man, before we get to the next YAP career, we got to talk about that championship. Man, it gets the Lakers. Man filed to ask situation on the loss and keys, Yeah gonna you know that.
Speaker 4: You know we won one lost once one definitely, So the one that we won, I think I ain't play that much.
Speaker 2: I ain't sit on here. It was all chame post.
Speaker 1: A. Man.
Speaker 2: Listen, I ain't getting the game and was up thirty or down thirty, but.
Speaker 4: One thing for show two or certain I'm different than you, Jey, come listen.
Speaker 1: Listen.
Speaker 4: When I got my little time, I tried to save and when we kicked it, I went and kicked hell, y'all, what we're going Vegas?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, come home.
Speaker 1: I'll be on that Jenius right there with we get shout to Milwaukee. Were trying to right. You got to turn up, you know, you want to play some video games. And then I went back to the crib.
Speaker 2: Hell proper champagne.
Speaker 1: Man, I wanted to do all that. I was gonna be the craziest one in Vegas. I was gonna have a big major bottle like I had thirty at night. I was gonna turn it up for him.
Speaker 2: But nobody want to go. But look, I ain't gonna let the one thing about our championship.
Speaker 4: The thing there that was funny to me, Bro, you know, you know you go through you think it's about to be unlimited bottles of champagne and throw man. I look at the DVD the other day, man, and they got clips a ticket point Miller's light on.
Speaker 1: You, Bro?
Speaker 3: Bro?
Speaker 2: What's with I don't run out of them? What's going on?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 2: I was like, it's crazy. I'm like niggas all I had. I had a big bottle of cor Lord. Yeah, I was walking around with the Yeah, I was walking around with that. Ran out of where'd'all go out to do?
Speaker 4: You'll go to the club and I think we went over with Ticket Crib. You know Ticket had the big boy match. Yeah, everybody went over there kicked it. You know that that was big. I ain't gonna lie fun with the self. This organization, man, they showed love. I ain't gonna lie they you know, the big time organization. I remember you saying something about, uh, the food and when you could have to shoot around.
Speaker 2: They do that at top notch. You know what I'm saying. Go on the road.
Speaker 4: They got brunch on the road. They food after. I love the way they handled all they been for sure.
Speaker 2: Man, they did that. They was fire.
Speaker 1: When I played different my half of half a year, my cup of coffee, it was definitely top nice though.
Speaker 4: But losing it was getting to the to the to the twenty teen, which I thought we should have won. Kobe shot is it's worse for Senta Joe. You that's that's ship I'm just giving you.
Speaker 2: That was that's take a week. Was at the club the roads, like walking up on Kobe store walk, don't I know you just looking good? Nigga's shaking my head rolls to talking about him and this nigga I forgot to home. We talk a little project.
Speaker 7: Yeah, shout the project Sigae nigga, no nobody nigga, nigga fun and forget her heyt that Moe brother vibe and like yeah, like you know, you know, let me go strink in my city there and I know you're gonna fat wanted acting up about making anybody.
Speaker 2: I'm saying that everybody scared. I say that's funny. I know you need saying taking pictures with the niggas ship like.
Speaker 4: It's crazy. Man, I say that that specific yar bro. I honestly, I was taking everything out of James Posey book. And I don't think he gets his flowers. Get his flowers, bro, And man, I was able to just lock in. Watch Kobe's jam step, watch his footwork in the post, watch his head fake, head fake, head fake. Because I had my rookie year. I had fouled out six six thousand and eight minutes.
Speaker 2: Damn. So yeah, so lose all.
Speaker 4: Right, But it took years and years and years and years and years of studying that man after Posey left, and that was that's how I was able to ken on him, like all, I ain't finna fall for that head fake no more. I ain't finna that jam step you're doing. You're gonna have to swing through and go all the way that that's that fade away. I ain't contested with my left hand. I'm contesting the way we fade to the right. Yeah, I ain't contesting with my right I'm contesting with.
Speaker 1: My left hand. You know what I'm saying. I ain't fouling you on your elbow no more. I ain't scared of you no more. Dude, pretty much. And that finals, Like I said, Doc Rivers wrote it. What is his guy as he should?
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Right, So I'm gonna road with the guys who who's been proven, who's been in the league and did it.
Speaker 2: But if Park wouldn't have.
Speaker 1: Got hurt about saying part didn't get hurt to play that game, that last one thing when they got hurt, bro we the won that championship.
Speaker 2: That's definitely then.
Speaker 1: After that, man, you bring it on Man, No, I think if he plays that brocking he.
Speaker 2: Was locking them guys up. You're having a hard time.
Speaker 1: He was bro but Paul having Yeah, I think I think honestly they would get that serious any place for you are hard.
Speaker 2: You a Russian judge with themselves. This boy, you know, you know it's still check up every time I see you. But I don't know, man, I just think it was play the.
Speaker 1: Match up between him and ticket Man wanted to play him.
Speaker 2: That's how Nigga got me fucked up. Thaky was really mad Bradon play with me?
Speaker 1: Yeah right now?
Speaker 2: You know he take it?
Speaker 4: There you looking at him like, I was like, bro, we taking no we show? We talked, what's the Ain't nobody ever talked to me like that, Gus, I don't give a fun check.
Speaker 1: Way from that game on Draft Kings for the show I got, I'm taken under taking up. Now we gotta talk about it.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: You took you know what I'm saying, took your skills to Memphis. Man changed the culture. Man changed the entire culture of that team. Shouts the job Mary. He got the city wrecking right now for what you did and with that team did from Memphis and rejuvenated that city. Man, you bout a real different type of energy. Man, how was that transition from Boston down to Memphis? But the transition was was I ain't gonna last saying with them late. It was like like me in August some ship like that, and I was sitting in the creer thinking like, damn, it might be it. I was like, I just went through the finals and nobody want me, and then I'm.
Speaker 4: Like, damn, okay. It clicked because Chris Wallace, he drafted me in in Boston. He was the assistant general manager in Boston. So when he got there and you know, he saw what I did in the finals, he was like, yo, I need that, Like call me told me, like, y'all need that. He's like, but it's one thing though, He was like, are you and z Bo gonna be able to play with each other?
Speaker 2: I'm like what you mean? He was like, you guys are two different affiliations.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: You know, I just don't want it to be a problem. I got nine He's crazy show. He's like, I got nine point seven million on the table for you. You just need to know about you and z Bo. I'm like, man, stop playing bro one love. That's my man, that's my man. What were doing?
Speaker 4: And then when I got there and I finally got a chance to be around z Bo man just to understand his heart and just just how just a big teddy belt, you know what I'm saying. But don't play with him like you know table I was just saying, here he wanted the guys.
Speaker 1: It was like it was like when I first met him the first thing because he said lorenz and wright uh funeral recipes lorenz Uh.
Speaker 2: He was like, yeah, man, I saw you in the finals, this, that and the other. He was like, man, I was like, man, I want to get there. Bro. He was like, man, you're gonna bring that championship mentality to the locker room.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 4: Like we're gonna make some noise, bro, Like we like we missed the playoffs last year. He was like just excited and I'm like, my nigga, you know what I'm saying. And once we got to the season, it was like, damn.
Speaker 1: When I got there, uh, you know, I just didn't play Coach didn't won't he just didn't play me.
Speaker 2: Like I'm like, Damn, I just got the finals, y'all. It's the laughing stock of the league over here. What y'all doing? Bro play me and coach Hollins.
Speaker 4: At the time, what I got in uh intel on was he wanted to pick the sign drel right. He wanted space and then shooting. But Chris Wallace thought like, shit, we need some stops down the stretch, you know what I'm saying at the two spot.
Speaker 1: And so.
Speaker 4: It took me a minute to like, even, you know, get some minutes, and specifically this one day, well I had, I got some minutes against Kevin Durant.
Speaker 2: I didn't study for him.
Speaker 4: I was doing film on James Harden, watched all his clips coming out that corner with Nick Collinson ketch d hand off in the corner. I was studying all that and then I look up, it's thirty eight on the clock, and he like wiping off the board and putting Tony name next to Kevin Durant name. I take my headphones out, look at Rudy.
Speaker 2: I'm urdie, you ain't playing like he's trying to be quiet.
Speaker 4: Shit, I'm like, hold on, man, I ain't study for dude, you feel I'm saying, But I like, fuck, I put my headphone back on boom, go out there, man, I'm talking about I had. I had a solid game like twenty seven seven rebound fast, still you had to go. So I was so hot though I was real hot, and I was still hot at Rudy. I'm like, mother fleet pole to play, like what you why would you throw me in this situation? And then when a camera man came, I think he ben come holler a zebo because he bo here like thirty and fifteen or some shit, and he like, oh, no, no you.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I'm trying to walk back to the blocker room so I can get root. Yeah, and he was like, yeah, this performance caro on. You haven't been playing many minutes and where did this come from?
Speaker 4: So I'm just like all hard, great grind, like like really but this was supposed to get shot in the locker room.
Speaker 2: And he caught it.
Speaker 4: But by the time I get back to the city, man, the whole city picked up on grit and grind like this what that's that's how mentality?
Speaker 1: This what?
Speaker 2: But this is how identity? Right here and there he just did it.
Speaker 4: You know, he gets cracked up in the bottom of what we're gonna hold out hands on and before you know it, Bro, Like I said, man, we just made noise from that point on you coming the ring and playing.
Speaker 1: That.
Speaker 2: That was no.
Speaker 4: I ain't gonna lie. I didn't have no control over that. Whoever did that, I'm a fan out. That was my boy dad. That was gamester Bro, and it only played when we whooping your.
Speaker 2: Card.
Speaker 1: I was coming on the court one game, I was like, I'm like, nah, I went back to Atlanta. I was like, we gotta play some better. You know, we play fire music in Atlanta. But I'm like, they playing whoop that game for Yeah, we were, I'm like, whoop that trick. It's crazy, man, that's crazy because you go from you know what I'm saying, figured out your minist there and then you you know what I'm saying, the jersey about to go up, man. Man, Yeah, yeah, yeah, man, I mean it's actually a dream come true. Man. You know, coming from where I come from, you know, housing authority, you know, just overcoming a lot of hurdles growing up.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, Yeah.
Speaker 4: Scrapping, fighting, clawing, trying to just even get in the just ranks of playing basketball. Man, y'all know that, y'all. You know how hard this is man, just stay in the league. It's a three or four year span with some plass and man to even overcome that and not be one of your you know, top notch scores the most, Like I just got to do it on the like I say, the all hearts side, you feel I'm saying, the great and grand side, and just for you know them, the honor my body of work. Memphis definitely showed me love. So like I say, man, I got nothing of love for that organization. I went, I ripped the organization everywhere proudly, and like I said, it's a dream come true.
Speaker 2: Man, I'm very appreciative of you.
Speaker 3: Did fourteen years. Fourteen years solid, bro. I don't want to talk about my time in New Orleans last year.
Speaker 1: That's when I first really met t a being who was out with We was walking down you know, got the shoe store.
Speaker 2: Well, now you gotta talk and he put he pulled up for it.
Speaker 1: Who I might have been with J Lou. Yeah, and you brown up in and you had that. He was like, it's bulletproof, nigga. He pulled up in like a truck.
Speaker 2: It's bulletproof, nigga.
Speaker 1: He was like.
Speaker 2: Crazy, man, he just put fulling off.
Speaker 4: No, I ain't gonna let my tam was as I said, coach gentry, man ain't gonna let he was not fucking with me. He was like, yeah, he always says stay ready, we're gonna need you. We're gonna need stay ready, We're gonna need you. Man didn't need ship from me. I said, Man, you know why he what this was did? I don't know, running in or something.
Speaker 1: I mean, I mean the people that was playing in front of me, I ain't gonna lie speak salute to them who was playing from each one more small g Miller uh.
Speaker 4: And I think that's it mother moment. But I just didn't think he was. He was in this utilizing his option right right. But I end up tearing my knee a little bit. I think I got like a fraction in my knee. And then but I thought that I ain't gonna I thought he was gonna win it. The way the way Drew Holliday was playing, or we talked about that all the time, special the way Anthony Davis and the was both they both was averaging twenty five and fifteen.
Speaker 3: What y'all did to Portland, That's what made me think, like oh, they can take it off.
Speaker 2: He got hurt.
Speaker 4: I was like, and so when Boogie and then that's what I said. Boogie the way he was playing man, the way he was changing his attitude, like the way I'm talking about he was.
Speaker 2: He was a team player like he was. He got the stigma off his name what was in Sacramento. And I love for that, man. I ain't gonna lie a big shout out the Boogie Man and that specific. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Like I said, I just it was unfortunate for Boogie to get hurt. And then they traded all us me jamiay. He just bust that ship with them. It went crazy for show. Listen, man, we appreciate you man. Before you get out of here, we got to shout out the show man. Oh yeah, after mud man Man, we gotta we got a special guest coming soon.
Speaker 2: We're gonna get it calling on. Sure, he put me on. He just put me on. Yeah you know, but it was early though. Bro caught y'all.
Speaker 4: First episode I watched said, yeah, we're working man, We're working man. I think about this podcast world man. What I like about it is I get to see people's journeys. I get to see how they you know what I'm saying, Damn you went through that. Damn that was going on every time. Okay, those guys you had to face against. I like hearing that because every guy's story is different and every guy's got a story to tell.
Speaker 2: So I like hearing it.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: And the one thing about getting to the league, it ain't no, it ain't no, right, bro, It's a privilege. So to be a part of that fraternity, man, and talk to guys about that and hear how they came about it.
Speaker 2: Man, I love it, man, I love it, and you good at it. That's what me like. Like, I listened, like this is actually good. He asked the right questions. It's good. So this ship, I mean, I'm a fan. I watch every episode. Came out the game with Jaron Jackson k D.
Speaker 4: I'm like, that's one thing man, once you keeping it real, once you you know what I'm saying, that fuck with you, man, They're gonna fuck with you.
Speaker 2: And that's and that's how we do.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: We want to get everybody they flowers and just let them know man, it's all up.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: Before we do go out here, I want to say you also a ride, motherfucker for what you did for Jefferson truck.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 2: That was my first one said here my text, do not give me your cop. Do not give me your car?
Speaker 1: Bro?
Speaker 3: Can you please, just before we got here, bro, tell them what you did to this Nagave truck. Bro.
Speaker 2: So, man, I get the I get the cop. And you know, we was real what it is? What kind was a hum V?
Speaker 4: So now we was real big on switching cars, and me I was I did the night life a lot, so I'll be out. I want to get Gerald Green Coss. Sometimes I switch up with Perks, sometimes I switch up with whoever right. And this specific time want to ride a humpy because out here puting like four five twelves in the back of that month, I'm a fucker beating so hard. I'm like, so I end up going on the date, and you know, cheesecake Factory just came out, bro, So that was the move. But when you go into the clearance, you know, I don't know why ain't getting one hundred dollars and pay for the ballet right there for a season? You got my cheap ad went right over there to the twelve dollars parking and they clearly tell you it's a clearance. I ain't think of the clearance because the music so loud. I'm trying to really show out in front of chick Maw. I went through that motherfucker like boom. I say, what the hell are they shooting?
Speaker 2: Pool?
Speaker 4: I kept going Bro, I kept going Bro. I'm like, hey, I ain't know what was going on. So we get out the copro. Soon we got the cot the girl like it's the composed to be.
Speaker 2: I say, man, this man gonna kill me. Listen to a drop that was the drop.
Speaker 1: And so and so. When I did that, Bro, I ain't on le bro. I'll say, Bro, you will never trade cop again. Bro.
Speaker 2: It was all the way back then. So but that have it, man, little Blooper.
Speaker 1: Appreciate you shouting out, appreciate it, shot take out hey, love love love, check out OTJ Cachling that we appreciate you all. Shout out to Ray, shout to Dix. We hold it out here all Star Weekend, much love. We'll be back next time. Club five twenty The volume