Speaker 1: Time now for Fantasy Football Weekly from iHeartRadio, your weekly source for the nation's best fantasy speculation and advice.
Speaker 2: Now along with the guys.
Speaker 1: From dat leagues dot com, here's your host, Paul Jargon.
Speaker 2: It is a championship edition of Fantasy Football Weekly. I am Paul Jarchi and my co host today Matt Harrison and Thor Nistro. Joh, Hey, great to have you back, man. What am I doing here? I know it's been a while we've missed you. It's great to have you back, and we're gonna help people bring home the hardware. If you're listening right now, hopefully you're live at least one of your leagues. Feels good to get to the finish line.
Speaker 3: I hope we have more than like ten percent of our listening audience week one, So.
Speaker 2: If you're only in one league, you probably only have a tet roughly ten percent chance mathematically making although we think if you listen to the show, you you have it's probably better the odds two up to twelve, up to at least or if you're in like a dozen leagues and you really ought to be leaving alive in a couple right you you should be.
Speaker 3: I mean thor are you alive in any like guillotine leagues or anything like that.
Speaker 4: I'm happy there's I'm happy there's only ten percent of our listenership today because I have to break some devastating years the guillotine team against my coworkers. Not only did I crash and burn this past week, they let me have it.
Speaker 5: Oh, it is the guillotine for sure.
Speaker 4: I went on to talk about the NFL draft, and I'm going in. I'm talking about the top eleven risers from Round one of the playoffs. You know, I'm like ready to go, and freaking Dwayne. He starts playing all the smack talk I did on this show about the guillotine. And Dwayne had just days before beaten my guillotine team by like sixty points. Like, oh, it wasn't even remotely close. And and you know it's even worse. The other guy that advanced Friedman, he had Jalen hurt.
Speaker 6: Wow. Yeah, he didn't even have a full repertoire. No, and he smoked me too.
Speaker 2: Wow, you had a good team, but last week it just happened at all these good players, Like I don't know, if I don't remember, if you had Dereck Henry. But Dereck Henry wasn't even used in the second half because the Ravens got up by so much. Yeah, you know, and they were just all these Saquan had a quiet games. They were just all these superstars that had quiet games last week that just eliminated Powerhouse. Guillotine League.
Speaker 3: Kid.
Speaker 6: It's it's it's a really traumatic thing.
Speaker 5: And the late season, I can tell your crush.
Speaker 4: And I'm only talking about this show having to get to that. I mean, like they am boys hit and then now you got to talk about the draft prospects.
Speaker 6: It was like I was still getting over the loss of my my Guillotine team. Yeah, poor thor Man. Tough scenes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you battle for like fifteen weeks.
Speaker 4: Yeah they get chopped quause I dominated for fifteen weeks, by the way, And I don't want to get back into that.
Speaker 3: It might be worse to get chopped in week sixteen than it is in like week two.
Speaker 4: Oh, I would so much rather go in week one, because let's just say both have happened to me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you've experienced both in my spectrum.
Speaker 6: I want it right away, painless done.
Speaker 2: We're gonna go through all the matchups, letter grades, and all the players that matter. And I think you're gonna find we're gonna hone some of our discussion to the players who are relevant in the final week of the season, so you will not be hearing a lot of the third tier guys as much. Take a chance on me as always, that's still totally valid in Week seventeen, and we'll answer three tough questions, some of those forward looking to next year. And let's roll up our sleeves. Matt let's speakin with Denver taking on Cincinnati. The Cincinnati defense might be the worst in the league. So I gotta believe there's some Denver Broncos we can start here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I got a couple. I got a B grade on bow Knicks. Since Week eight, that's eight games for Nicks. He's thrown seventeen touchdown passes just over to a game, and he's averaging two hundred and forty eight yards. But let's temper those n expectations little bit here. In that span of eight really good fantasy games, he's played seven teams in the bottom half of the league in pass defense. His opponents couldn't have been easier for the last two months, and entering the Bengals, who just keep that train going. Bengals are bottom ten in pass yards and touchdowns, rushing yards and rushing touchdowns the quarterback, so he'll get numbers on Saturday, but pay attention to the opponents he faced when you rank Knicks for next year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and the last thing I'll mention on Knicks is they've taken the wheels off him. He doesn't run anymore, not as much. I want to say, sure, having in front of me, but like last six games, he's averaging three designed runs a game.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and nobody used the word regression or coming back to the you know, no, don't get into that.
Speaker 3: It's worth noting since he is one of the teams that could steal Denver's playoff spot. So this is a big game for both teams. So a Cortland Sutton is the only other Bronco you'd start here, and I'll throw a B grade his way. The Bengals are giving up a lot to quarterbacks, but so much of it has been to tight ends and pass catching runners that they're actually kind of good against wide receiver. They're allowing just shy of eleven receptions per game to wide receivers, and you spread that around with Sutton and Vele and Marvin Mims and Troy Franklin and little Jordan Humphrey, who are all averaging two receptions per game. So Sutton's probably looking at four to five catches. It's just what he gets anyway. But he does have the best chance to score, as he's been Nick's favorite target near the end zone. If you can figure out the Denver running backs, call me and let me know. I can't figure it out. Nobody's starting any of those guys in a championship week, So let's go to Cincy. Jamar Chase still gets the A grade, and I'm not that afraid of starting t Higgins either. He gets a B, noting that he's been limited in practice this week, but he's trending toward playing. The last time the Broncos faced an AFC North opponent, it was Cleveland just a few weeks ago. Jerry Judy had nine for two thirty five and one. Elijah Moore had eight for one eleven nine. Yeah, I'll mention this on the Higgins thing. Yeah, his is because I think this is worth this is we're paying attention to. If Higgins is in or out makes a big difference for Jamar Chase because where Patrick Cirtan shadows, and Patrick Sirtan might be the best cornerback in the league, sure where he shadows.
Speaker 2: As if the opposing receiver team has one good receiver when T Higgins is playing, then the Bengals have two good receivers. And I don't think it's gonna be all Sirtan on Chase.
Speaker 3: You know what, I don't think it's gonna be either, because Sirtan never goes to the slot and Chase runs thirty four percent of his routes from the slot, so roughly a third of his routes are going from the slot, and Higgins is about twenty percent. So, especially if Higgins is healthy and going, I think there's enough for each of these guys to move in and out of the slot avoid the tough matchup. And I think that we're okay here. The Broncos have allowed eighteen double digit fantasy days to wide receivers in fifteen games, most of the games where they did well against the pass.
Speaker 2: Here's the quarterbacks.
Speaker 3: They've faced justin fields, Aaron Rodgers, Gardner, Minshew Aiden O'Connell, Spencer Rattler, bad Kirk Cousins Minshew again, Anthony Richards said that might be more.
Speaker 2: All of them have either been benched or were benched at the start of the season.
Speaker 5: Exactly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So I'm not scared of the receivers and I'm not scared of starting Joe Burrow with an A grade either of the last four quarterbacks they have faced who are not on the list. I just rattled off, We're justin airbear, Jamis Winston, Patrick Mahomes, Lamar Jackson. They averaged three hundred and thirty one passing yards and two and a half touchdowns against the Broncos, so I'm fine with them. Finally, Chase Brown, this one's a little bit complex. Denver actually fantastic against the run, only allowing three point nine yards per carry and seven scores to running backs on the air, both in the top five where it flips as They've allowed the seventh most receptions and receiving yards to opposing backs and the third most receiving touchdowns. Chase Brown has had at least three receptions and seven three receptions in seven straight games and in the last five weeks. He's sixth in the league in running back receptions, so in PPR. I think he does enough to have a pretty good day. I'll give him a B grade here and then one more thing. You might have noticed. I was gone for a while. Scott Fish and Thor covered for me a whole bunch in the last couple of weeks.
Speaker 5: Thank you both to both of you, guys.
Speaker 3: Longtime listener of Fantasy Football Weekly and zero time fantasy player. My mom, Kathy Harrison, passed away last week after a tough battle with pancreatic cancer. I've been kind of helping her up north for the past couple of months. She always listened to the show. She told me she had no idea what we were talking about. Ye, but she's still enjoyed. Yeah, she still enjoyed the humor and the energy and much of that I get from her. So I'm going to miss her and try to honor her memory by telling dumb jokes and talking about fake football teams. So cheers to Mom. Enjoy your dirty martini and a side of dill pickle in heaven.
Speaker 2: Rest in peace. Yeah, Matt's mom Kathy right, Rat's mom Harrison, Yes, Kathy Harrison right, just.
Speaker 5: Like my name.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how about them? Well, you know I didn't want to make any assumptions. You never you never know that's true. Could be different. Yeah, Thor Arizona takes on the Rams. It looks like James Connor will be available for this game, but we don't know for sure, so I guess we assume Connor's going here.
Speaker 4: All the reports are optimistic, so I'm going to give him a bee. He is officially questionable with the knee injury that he've got in the overtime loss to Carolina, but you know, we're we're turning towards playing and if so, he's probably gonna assume a big workload here. Trey Benson is another guy with his status up in the air. He appears to Benson appears to be trending towards playing two. I'm going to keep him with a bench grade, but Connor gets the beef.
Speaker 2: If Connor can't go and Benson does, which honestly I kind of I don't. I'm not rooting for injury. Never never do that, Mann. I'd love to see what Trey Benson does on twenty two arries. You know, I would love to see to see that.
Speaker 6: Yes, I would love to see that too.
Speaker 4: Kyler Murray, we're giving him a BEE as well. He has a touchdown to interception ratio of four to six in the past five weeks, not the best. Murray did have twenty fantasy points in that aforementioned lost to the Carolina Panthers last week. The Rams defense that Arizona's playing this week has allowed eighteen plus fantasy points to four quarterbacks since Week eight, and Murray did have twenty eight points against the Rams back in Week two. Going way back could be a second straight good game coming here. Murray had a twelve to three td I and T rate before the buye. He is going to have to navigate offensive line issues though. The Cardinals just placed both their starting tackles on high r which not good. Perhaps not the best, but yeah, I said it with a be there Marvin Harrison Junior giving him a C. He has gone under nine fantasy points in two straight games and nine to fifteen total this season.
Speaker 6: He does have twenty.
Speaker 4: Two targets over the past three games, but he didn't have more than four catches or forty nine yards in any individual one of them. The fifty two percent catch rate is problematic and may I say surprising.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we haven't talked to yet.
Speaker 6: What happened? What happened about his BOS scales? Where did they go?
Speaker 2: H Where did they go?
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 2: His quarterback is not throwing a lot of accurate passes. That's Harrison is part of the problem. We'll dive into that in the offseason. That has been an under discussed topic on this show. Marvin Harrison's failing.
Speaker 6: We might have to have a full well not just a fall episode.
Speaker 4: We might have to do like a serial podcast into that thing, Like.
Speaker 5: Is it gonna be like an intervention kind of a thing.
Speaker 6: Maybe, Yeah, we'll bring him in one of the one of the episodes.
Speaker 4: And the Rams pass defense has played better recently, so I gave Harrison Junior a see. Trey McBride is the A and the must start moving over to the Rams. Matthew Stafford great a see on him. He had his first back to back sub two hundred yard passing games since last season the middle of last season, only scored fourteen fantasy points the last two games combined. The Cardinals defense held him to just six points six fantasy points back in Week two. Stafford did not, of course, have a passing touchdown in that game, and he only has one passing touchdown in the last two weeks. Despite the Rams being on a four game winning streak, Arizona has allowed just two quarterbacks to score more than seventeen and a half fantasy points since Week seven. So I'm a little bit tepid there. Gave him a c Kyant and Puka of course are as and must starts. Iago Cooper Cup down to a bee. Since Week eight. Cup has been the wide receiver twenty four and fantasy points per game, but in three of the last four games he has failed to surpass thirty receiving yards.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 4: Ouch, the volume could be and Dash should be there this week though, which is where you sort of shade it uptimistic. Arizona has run the highest preponderance of two high coverage safety looks in the entire NFL since Week ten. Cups first read share spikes to nearly thirty percent against too high tend to look for him in these coverage looks. That's the optimistic thing there. Everyone else is on the bench.
Speaker 2: We'll talk more about Cooper Cup a little bit later in the show. Chargers taking on the Patriots. We have a change of running back JK. Dobbins. Yeah, Zach Yeah, Gus Edwards out and probably not gonna play out next week as well, So we'll who cares about week eighteen. It's week eighteen. Nobody cares JK. Dobbins, though, we'll return. Dobbins started the season on fire, then languished playing hurt, and then ultimately ended up on ir. We don't really know is he like one hundred percent? Is he ninety percent? But this is an interesting opportunity. The last two weeks, opposing runners have hammered the Patriots for six yards per carry and four touchdowns in those two games. So JK. Dobbins as comes back here with a B grade and I kind of like him in this matchup against New England. Hopefully he's near one hundred percent. Let's go to the passing game. Ladenincaky comes into the B Garrett grade as well. The single biggest strength of the Patriots is their secondary, which has obliterated the last three opposing wideouts, during which no receiver has topped sixty yards and only one has scored. Last week, no Bills receiver topped even twenty five yards.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 2: Fortunately for lad mccacky, he runs from the slot and slack cornerback Marcus Jones is the weakest link of the Patriots cornerbacks and he's hurt. Last week Alex Austin took his spot and gave up two catches on three targets, So the opportunities will still be there for lad McConkie and he comes in with a B grade. We're putting Quinton Johnston on the bench. As I just mentioned, this is a tough matchup, and Johnson is a low volume touchdown dependent receiver. Over the past six games, the Patriots have only allowed five wide receiver touchdowns, and three of those five would to far better players like Cooper Cup and Pooka Kakua. So Quinn Johnson's out all the rest of all the tight ends will Disley if he plays, Hayden Hurst, Tucker Fisk, Stone Smart all out. They cannibalize each other, and that leaves us with this guy. The air mayre justin Herbert. Even though Herbert's coming off a good game with some extra rest and should be as healthy as he's been in like a month, I'm still leery of him in this matchup. The Patriots just neutralized Josh Allen and Kyler Murray in consecutive weeks. If Herbert had better wideouts. I'd like this more, but after McConkie it drops off a cliff, so I'm only going CE grade on Justin Herbert in this game. I've got a couple of C grades on the New England side for you, Beginning in the running game with Romandre Stevenson. He got healthy over the Patriots Week fourteen by and then in fifteen and sixteen. He's been running hard, averaging five point two yards per carry, including a touchdown last week, but his usage is down from the workhorse role that he had earlier this year as Antonio Gibson is getting an increasing workload. Chargers run defense has lapsed lately over the last four weeks, LA giving up four point nine yards per carry along with five touchdowns to runners in those four games. So I still like Stevenson and still startable in a championship week, but only at a C grade. Drake may almost always finds a way to a decent box score despite playing with the worst offensive line in football. The Chargers secondary started the season strong, but they've wilted, and over the past seven games, five touchdowns have scored two times against the Chargers, three of them scored three or four touchdowns. In the last two weeks, bo Nicks and Baker Mayfield have run for twenty five yards, which is about where it may usually fall. So I think it's gonna help you out a little bit with his legs as well. If you're in a two quarterback league super flex league, Drake May plausible second quarterback with a C grade. And the only only quarterback that you would consider playing for New England is or the only receiver end up considering playing is the tight end Hunter Henry. He's been Drake May's most reliable receiver, but this is a very difficult matchup against a great tight end defense, maybe the best tight end defense in the league. Chargers have allowed the fourth fewest fantasy points to tight ends. They've only given up one tight end touchdown all year. So even though Hunter Henry has been safe, I don't love him here and I can only get you to a C grade and you're not starting any of the Patriots wide receivers for sure. But you know, let me mention this in dynasty leagues, and I'm thinking about doing this in our Empire league and the.
Speaker 5: One that's about to end to end.
Speaker 2: Kaishan Boute Kaishon booty. It's a deep dash stash player.
Speaker 5: Going for some booty bingo.
Speaker 2: You could heading into the offseason when we come back, take a chance on me. Nine players you wouldn't normally start, and guys you could even start. If you need a hail mary in week seventeen, we'll talk them about them. Would we come back, take a chance on me nine players you would not normally start. Maybe you need a hail mary in this the championship week. Maybe you've played against Derrick Henry and you and Blabar Jackson both and now you need something special to happen.
Speaker 3: Maybe you had Jalen Hurts and you're searching for a quarterback desperately.
Speaker 2: So Matt, what quarterback could I use?
Speaker 3: You know, charg you always tell me to try a Titans quarterback. You say it'll work out great.
Speaker 2: One of these years tis the season.
Speaker 3: So Rudolph, with your arm so bold, won't you guide me to fantasy gold Mason Rudolph as might take a chance on me quarterback. He doesn't have a glowing red nose, but I love the way he's just chucking it the last couple of weeks, and he likes to chuck it into the end zone multiple touchdowns in both of his last two starts. Andy Face is a Jags defense that's allowed the most passing yards and the fourth most passing touchdowns. It would have to be a Jalen Hurts you're scrambling for options kind of thing. But he's a better option than his former teammate Kenny Pickett, who's going to start for the Eagles. So stash him on your bench just in case. Or if you're playing against the Hurts owner, Yeah, stash him on your bench just in case so he can't be used by that user.
Speaker 2: Yep, this is a this is a plus matchup here. Yeah, there's you know, there's there's potential magic here from Mason Rudolph of all people in seventeen. Imagine you win your league with Mason Rudolph as your pickup quarterback? Yeah, thor, who is your take a chance with me?
Speaker 6: Anthony Richardson against the Giants.
Speaker 4: In last week's win over those aforementioned Titans, Richardson scored twenty Fantasy points with a career high seventy rushing yards. And we've been trending this way of using Richardson's legs more since he was reinstated as quarterback one in Week eleven. Before that, he had six point eight carries per game. Now he's at nine flat. He's had four games of seven plus design runs in his past five starts, and that was his second consecutive I'm sorry, second twenty plus point game in his last three starts. And this is a plumb matchup against a terrible Giants defense.
Speaker 2: You'll need to watch his injury status unfortunately, as he's got I think knee, hip, ankle something, and.
Speaker 3: I like that the Colts aren't fighting it anymore and they're just like, yeah, go run have fun.
Speaker 2: Well why not? I mean that should have been the attitude all along with Richards into my opinion, Bryce Young has played well. Speaking of guys who've running touchdowns, Bryce Young, Yeah, rushing touchdowns in three of the last four games.
Speaker 4: Yeah, how about that? The Bryce Young CJ shroud that everyone thought was over? Yeah, add and Anthony richardson that so fast, my friend.
Speaker 2: Over the last six games, Young is finished as a quarterback one four times in six games. He's thrown touchdowns in every game since its return to the starting lineup in Week eight. Now, granted it's usually one touchdown, but nevertheless, he's scored touchdowns and every one of his starts since coming back, and he's, as I mentioned, run in scores in three or four games. Easy matchup against a wounded Tampa secondary five different players are injured. Cooper rushed through for almost three hundred yards against Tampa last week. Bryce Young gets back Adam Xavier Legett, who is somebody you could potentially start in this game as well, and we'll talk a little bit more about him later in the show. Bryce Young as a take a chance at me quarterback. Let's go to the running back position.
Speaker 3: Man, I've got Rashad White. Yes, Bucky Irving's the number one. Yes, that doesn't matter against the Panthers. In week thirteen, when these two teams faced off, White had eleven carries and seventy six yards. That's six point nine to nice yards per carry.
Speaker 5: Plus.
Speaker 3: White is still way more involved in the passing game and in pass blocking opportunities, which is meaning White is usually getting the higher snap count between the two running backs. Last week, he saw eight targets, seven receptions and fifty yards through the air against Dallas, and he scored six receiving touchdowns in the last nine games. In the last in eight of the last nine he scored double digit PPR points. He's a starter this week.
Speaker 2: Bucky Irving is a plus and Rashad Way can help. Oh, we can talk about Bucky Irving. We'll get to him later in this show. His superhuman status A baby. I love I love that guy. Let's go to thor your take a chance with me running back.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna do reco daddle against the Eagles. Last week was Donald's first with under one hundred rushing yards in a game since Week twelve. Thirteen carries twenty three yards against a very good Tampa Bay Buccaneers run defense. Rushing yards per attempt average fell from six in his previous three games to one point eight in that one. I will say the Eagles do have one of.
Speaker 6: The best run defenses.
Speaker 4: Yes, they too maybe the past, and they have surrendered the second fewest fantasy points to running backs this year. But I'm not doing a great self. I'm gonna turn this ship around. I still do think that there's bounced back potential here because Daudo for sure is gonna be the focal point of the offense. With Ceedee Lamb out for the year, and even with last week included the last five games, average nineteen point four carries per game, twenty one point four touches per game, one hundred and twelve scrimmage yards per game, handed, sixteen plus touches in five straight games. I think he's gonna get there here, probably broached twenty here.
Speaker 6: We'll see roll of the dice, you know, Oh no, bring in the tanks, Bring.
Speaker 2: In the tanks. That's right, Tank Bigsby against Tennessee. Bigsby's usage trending up. He's supposed double digit carries in three straight games, and he's out rutching Traves Etn over those three games. And importantly, Etn has one carry from inside the five since Week two. Who he is a non factor at the goal line. Trank Tank Bigsby will face the Titans that is a slumping run defense. Jonathan Taylor just gashed him for two hundred and eighteen yards and three scores a week before that. Chase Brown topped one hundred yards scored twice week before that, who scored a touchdown against Tennessee. Tank bigs me, Tank Bigsby, you take a chance of you're running back for week number seventeen, You're.
Speaker 6: Tank a chance on we running.
Speaker 2: Back, Ohome, I haven't thought of that earlier.
Speaker 5: I'm glad you guys like puns.
Speaker 2: Well some more.
Speaker 6: That makes two of us.
Speaker 2: Yes, all right, you're.
Speaker 3: Take a chance with me, receiver man, Well, since you like puns. Scott Fish was on this last week. Saw piggyback here or maybe chiggy back. Let's go grab Chiga conkquell. Yeah, that was that was bad. Sorry, I'm gonna leave now.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 3: In Mason Rudolph's last two games, he's just been laser focused on chigakonk will In Week fifteen to ten targets eight catches fifty nine yards. In week sixteen eleven targets, nine catches, eighty one yards. No touchdowns in that span, but the Jags have allowed the sixth most touchdowns to the tight end position. Let's go chig a kon.
Speaker 2: Kuo Jega konku. Yeah, tip of the hat. Scott Fish isn't here, but we're gonna give him the peacock anyway. He identified two Titans to use down the stretch. With his easy run of players, he urged you to pick up and start spearers like three weeks ago and now Chiga Konku.
Speaker 6: Last week.
Speaker 2: All right, thor you're taking chance with your receiver, your last one of the year.
Speaker 6: Could I interest you in another injured colts against it?
Speaker 4: This time we are taking a chance on Alec Piers, who was in the concussion protocol. As of Friday, he has been cleared to play. And because of this, I think this is a This game, I think is a tremendous matchup for Alec Pearce's game. Alec peers number one in the NFL in deep targets, yeah, and number two with over twenty two yards per reception. The Giants allow get this sixty two percent completion rate on deep passes that is more than more than five percentage points worse than the next closer than the thirty first like.
Speaker 2: The NFL average on deep passing completion percentage like forty five percent. Yes, that is it.
Speaker 4: Yes, this is like throwing an intermediate pass against anyone else is chucking it deep against the Giants. The deep ball guys like Kelvin Austin, Amari Cooper is now on a on a milk carton and Rashot Bateman all had their best game Fantasy games of the season against the Giants. I think there's a shot that Alec Pierce might two.
Speaker 2: Now for my final take a chance on me of the year, it came down to Xavier Lagette thor or Yep, Jalen.
Speaker 4: Ca Well you know I'm I'm the head of the kok Heads, right you are?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 6: Okay, good, good good?
Speaker 2: Yes, absolutely one of us, one of undrafted from Holy Cross, just like us.
Speaker 6: The kids. I was, of course, yeah, we all were. Yep.
Speaker 2: The kid's getting a ton of playing time. He's averaging an eighty five percent snap rate over the last three starts. He's one wreeked removed one week removed from a one hundred and ten yard game. There was a lot of wo sounds that I really struggled with. Tampa Bay's secondary is a weck with injuries. Four guys on ir stud safety Antoine Winfields known with the knee injury, in his backup cave On Mereweather also unknown with the knee injury. So yeah, Jalen Coker, I know, I know you like, I know you liked him. You're glad that he landed with the team and now he's got an opportunity.
Speaker 6: Sure does.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he is birsty as an NFL frame and his ball skills are tremendous. Yeah, I was very bolished on Jalen Coker coming out happy.
Speaker 2: He got an opportunity, Carolina taking on on the same team, Carolina take on Tampa.
Speaker 6: Talk about Coker, Matt, we've the rest of the show.
Speaker 2: I've already hit on Bryce Young and Jalen Coker in this one. You want to stick with the passing.
Speaker 3: Game, Sure, Adam feln was the only other starting grade I gave the passing game. I gave him a C grade for a lot of the reasons Sharks listed for Coker. The matchup is fantastic. Feelan saw ten targets, eight catches, ninety nine yards in a score in last month's meeting with the Bucks. I didn't go so far as Xavier Lagette coming back off an injury in a fantasy championship. That seems a little bit too cute for me. Tuba Hubbard's the only other Panther you'd consider starting. He's injured right now. It looks like he's gonna play. I'll give him a C grade, but it's closer to a bench. Tampa figured out one thing defensively, it's run stopping. In the last six games, only one back is top forty three rushing yards and that was sincere McCormick hitting seventy eight. And they've only allowed one total touchdown to the running back position since Week ten, which includes Hubbard getting forty three yards on twelve carries in the prior meeting.
Speaker 2: Then Hubbard fubbled away the game in overtime tragically. Yeah, I was appeeling a victory away from the Panthers.
Speaker 3: Well, on the Bucks side, I think you should probably start Bucky Irving. Yes, Rashad White was might take a chance on me her, but we all know the Panthers have the worst run defense in the league. But charge did you know that the slipperiest substance in the world is called bam. No, it's called bam BAM. It's a mix of boron, aluminum and magnesium and it was accidentally created in a laboratory in ames, Iowa in nineteen ninety nine cyclones. Yeah, do you know who was born in ames Iowa in nineteen ninety nine?
Speaker 6: Oh boy, here we go and is coded in BAM.
Speaker 2: Is that Bucky Irving?
Speaker 6: It's Bucky Irving.
Speaker 2: No, he was not borns He.
Speaker 3: Was actually born in Chicago in two thousand and two. But it's in the same region and in the same stretch of.
Speaker 2: Years, in the same time zone.
Speaker 5: That's right.
Speaker 3: Bucky Irving had twenty five carries for one hundred and fifty two yards and a score in last month Panthers game. A grade for Bucky. Actually, Ardvark for Bucky. Let's get that Ardvark out there.
Speaker 2: Baby. We haven't had the ardvark yeah forever. Oh, it's good to hear from the yard part, you know, speaking of speaking of animal sounds, speaking of animal sounds. I need I need Bucky. I need something for Bucky on the on the the sound bar.
Speaker 3: What about you need an Emerald Legassi going bam because he's so slippery.
Speaker 6: No, dude, like God might be.
Speaker 2: Lost than anybody who has it doesn't know this segment. What about the sound of a beaver?
Speaker 6: I was I was thinking, Caddy shock, Caddy shock. I mean, isn't it close enough? Bucky? He started with the golds, Yeah, he started, he started with the wovers.
Speaker 2: He didn't finish here. Yeah, it's tragic, all right, anyway, continue, all right, gonna work. We gotta workshop this sounder.
Speaker 5: We got plenty of time.
Speaker 3: Baker Mayfield has been on fire the last three weeks, with at least two hundred and eighty eight yards in every game and nine touchdown passes in those three. The last time he didn't do amazing work it was against these Panthers four weeks ago, still a solid B grade. Worried that the game script could favor the runover the pass. But I know he still has some work to do in the air, because Mike Evans is one hundred and eighty two yards short of an eleventh straight one thousand yard season and a big contract bonus, and he's going to get it this week against the Panthers. Second Ardvark of the matchup, Mike Evans gets.
Speaker 2: Up there, I thought the guard per game what happened?
Speaker 3: Well, Panthers starting corner j C. Horn started the year off great, tailed off recently and he's doubtful with a hip injury.
Speaker 5: Chow Smith Wade is out.
Speaker 3: He was already a special teamer that they converted the corner That leaves Dane Jackson and Duke Marriott tech Theratrix taking a spot. And only one of those names is from Key and Peel Well, I know which one. Jalen McMillan has scored in three straight games. His matchup is very good and the Bucks definitely have something to play for.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: He's made a few rookie mistakes, but the talent is is good and the opportunities, more importantly have been there. With seven and seven targets in the last three weeks. I will give a C grade to McMillan if you lost a guy like CD Lamb for the season, because McMillan should see some extra targets.
Speaker 2: With Kate Oughten out this week, I think I think you're under undervaluing McMillan. I think he's got the opportunity now a very big game.
Speaker 3: It's just if you have a championship roster, I gotta think you got better wide receiver options than this. It would be a really bold strategy to start Kate Outen this week, by the way, he's out, I know, really really bold.
Speaker 6: Yeah, bold strategy at yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh you don't say it took me a minute. Sorry, Sorry, there we go.
Speaker 5: It's just trying to.
Speaker 6: We're late in this season, but I'm still full of juice. Charge you are.
Speaker 2: Uh, you'll be full of fantasy victories in your You'll be full of juice too.
Speaker 6: Hey, did you get through it?
Speaker 2: Like leagues in the play offs, we've got two different formats. We got the Guillotini, which is the small version of regular Guillotine Leagues five basically a five person regular guillotine, and then we also have the Championship, which are large formats lots of entries you will pick from your favorite playoff bound players. We'll talk a little bit more about these later in the show, but two opportunities to play play off NFL Playoff Guillotine League action at Gillotine leagues dot com. When we come back Indianapolis Colts, New York Giants, will let you know if Jonathan Taylor is going to be awesome like last week or more like the guy we saw before that. Welcome back Fantasy Football Weekly. Paul Jargy and Matt Harrison and Thor Nystrom with you. It's a championship edition. We're here to help you bring home the hardware. And to that point, we go to Indianapolis taking on the Giants story. You already told us that you like Anthony Richardson. We're watching his I think it's hip and injuries, and you like Alex Pierce. Alex Pierce as a dart throw receiver who else from the Colts is fantasy Star.
Speaker 4: Yeah, shout out Cincinnati there on, Alec Pierce. Jonathan Taylor will go to Wisconsin next. Great of a, of course, the Colt set of franchise record with three hundred and thirty five rushing yards last week's Chargers sort of mentioned in that that was also the most by any NFL team in any NFL game this season. Ken lightning strike twice did Giants have the second worst run defense in the entire NFL. Week eighteen of last season was the last time a running back did not hit double digit PPR points against the Bryants. Okay, so we got a hard a there on, mister Taylor, I might even do my Ard Verk. I might even do Mike Bondo.
Speaker 2: Brian's not here. He normally is Fantasy Fonsie. You want to give out the Fantasy Fonsie.
Speaker 6: Brian show, This one's for you, Brian. Shout out to Brian. Michael Pittman, he's Michael.
Speaker 4: Well, we're gonna do it, Michael pitt We're going to do another podcast sies onnight.
Speaker 2: Whether or not Michael Pittman is in fact Michael pitch.
Speaker 4: Maybe one of the episodes of the Harrison podcast that we're doing, will do like parallels between him and Pittman, but bench Josh downs. I like this one actually for Josh. About to give him a sea, but he gets a green light here. The Giants are terrible against slot receivers twenty eighth in completion percentage against, thirty first interception rate, thirty first in passer rating allowed to opposing slots. But give him a ce Drew lock bench Tyrone Tracy, I'll give him a see he's playing through an ankle injury officially questionable. He is trending towards playing eleven touches and seventeen Fantasy points last week, and he has exactly eleven touches in three of his last four games.
Speaker 6: Sort of his floor as.
Speaker 4: Far as the volume goes. He has also scored a touchdown in three of his last four games, and.
Speaker 2: That receiving touchdown last week beautiful in the back of the end zone.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Tell he's a converted receiver. When you see him catch passes like the one Tyro Tracy coot last.
Speaker 4: Year, you can tell he learned how to play the wide receiver position at the University of Iowa. That's how we do it there Baby the tight end play reb z Avni and he has fourteen plus fantasy points in seven of his last eleven games.
Speaker 6: Decent matchup here as well.
Speaker 4: The Colts defense has allowed the eighth most fantasy points per game and fifth most yards to running backs this season.
Speaker 6: Malik Neighbors is an a must start.
Speaker 4: He'd be practiced on Friday for anyone curious with the toe.
Speaker 2: They hoping that Melik Neighbors plays. Yes, but I'm nervous about.
Speaker 4: This and the last one Wandale Robinson gave him a sea. He's coming off his second best game of the season. It was against the falcons abomination of a pass defense, but he did have seven catches for sixty two years, eleven targets and at least nine targets in three consecutive games for Wandale Robinson. The Colts defense is tied for eighth fewest points per game allowed two wide receivers this year, and in Indianapolis's last four games, only Kelvin Ridley has crossed the seventy five receiving yard mark.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna give one Dale Robinson a seat.
Speaker 2: You're more charitable than I him. B Jhon Robinson and the seasons it is, he's not going to be giving. I don't believe Falcons take on the Commanders. Bjon gets is an obvious a and his box scores really didn't show it last week. But Bjhon Robinson, Man, you looked fantastic, making the most of every run. But I do want you to know the Commanders have allowed the fewest receptions to running backs and that really caps the upside for Bjon. Still in a grade, But I don't see. I don't think Jon is going to be explosive in this game. Let's go to the passing game for the Falcons. At Michael Pennix. I liked what I saw. His poise was outstanding for a first start quarterback last week. He looked like your veteran honestly, and his arm strength a welcome sight after watching Kirk labor to get the ball down field earlier in the year. Washington has faced a lot of backup quarterbacks of late Kenny Pickett, Spencer Rattler, Will Levis since Benched Cooper Rush, and they all scored one or two touchdowns. So there's an opportunity for Pennix. Here does a via second quarterback for your championship team C grade on him. Let's go to Drake London. London not huge, but he's on the bigger side, and bigger bodied guys have had the most consistent success against the Commanders all year, and that's why they traded for Marshall Latimore as they needed a bigger bodied cornerback to try to slow down these bigger receivers. And Marshall Latimer has been ruled out of this game, so he's not gonna be there. That means I like Drake London. I'm moving him to a B grade in this game. Aj Brown, as another big bodied receiver, last week, had a very good game against the Washington Commanders. Darnel Mooney back on the map with Michael Pennix as his quarterback after languishing under Cousins. Pennix immediately unlocked Mooney for five catches and a deep sixteen yard average throw distance. Speed guys don't fare as well against the Falcons as the bigger guys, like I mentioned just a moment ago with Drake London, but Nick Westbrook Akine scored twice a few weeks ago, so I think Mooney's got a chance and I've got a SE grade on him. And then I gotta mention Kyle Pitts. Not that you're going to start Kyle, but his interception last week, Oh my god, he turned a perfect pass from Michael Pennix right in the bread basket.
Speaker 5: And a touchdown and all like, yeah.
Speaker 2: That's right, had a touchdown in which Pitt's got two hands on the ball and then just basically handed it to a defender. Unbelievable, one of the one of the most inexcusable interceptions I've ever seen.
Speaker 6: Can we do an episode on the podcast.
Speaker 2: About Kyle Pitts as well, said, Kyle Pitts.
Speaker 4: Single handedly got a terrible quarterback, Kyle Trask. I hope he and his family are not listening to this, but he got him drafted in the second round because Kyle pits was so good at Florida.
Speaker 2: And Mike Evans did that to Johnny Manziel.
Speaker 4: True, yeah, Johnny Manziel, Yeah, that first round paycheck should go right right to.
Speaker 2: Mike Evans, right, because he bailed out all those awful throws.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he was just it was like Dennis Rodman rebounding.
Speaker 2: Yeah, great, way to put it on the Washington side. Terry McLaurin a grade and ary after taking down the Eagles, McLaurin feels like a safe A grade. Falcons shadow with cornerback aj Trell regularly, which makes sense as Mike Hughes would be the other option, and that's not great. Terrell pretty good, not elite. He gives up a seventy percent catch rate. Where Terrell's really good is after the catch. He gives up just ten yards per game after the catch, and that's not a lot. So mclaurin's still an A grade here, but I don't think he's got monster upside in this one. But you know what it does is Jayden Daniels statement game for Jade and Daniels last week, five touchdowns against the Philly defense, and here comes the Falcons. They've allowed the most passing touchdowns in the league this despite facing Drew Lock and Desmond Ridder of the past two weeks, and even those guys managed touchdowns. The last starting quarterback to play against the Falcons was Sam Darnold and he threw five touchdowns. So I like Jayden Daniels with an A grade in this one. And the only the guy that you really care about for the Washington Commanders, Brian Robinson who's honestly looked pretty bad for two months. He's topped three point nine yards per carry in just one game since way back in Week eight. He's entirely touchdown dependent, and quietly, the Falcons have a pretty good run defense. Five of the past six opposing teams haven't had a runner top even fifty nine yards. In the last two months, Atlanta has only given up two touchdowns to running backs. Runners are beating the Falcons through the air, but that's not Brian Robinson at all.
Speaker 3: Guy does not catch, so it sounds like a bench grade. That sounds like a C grade. I can't believe you're giving him a Sea.
Speaker 2: Because he could get it well, he probably won't.
Speaker 6: Get it hit.
Speaker 5: It sounded all negative.
Speaker 2: I know it was all name. It's a bench he gets enough, he touches the ball enough. I'm still giving him the secret.
Speaker 3: You're gonna go down with Brian Robinson on your fantasy roster?
Speaker 2: Yikes, I don't want to, no Sea grade. Let's go up sticking like Sea grade Las Vegas Raiders. You want to go down with the start any Raiders other than rock Back taking on the Saints. These are two offenses in dreadful shape.
Speaker 3: You know, championship level fantasy teams have one thing in common. No Raiders or Saints on their rosters. Maybe with the exception of Brock Bowers. He's the only guy you can start in this game. And I'm not overly excited about this matchup. The Saints defense does one thing well. It's covered the tight end. They've only allowed one score on the air. Still, Bowers is seeing twenty five percent of his team's targets on the season, twenty four percent of the air yards, which is super impressive for a tight end. Even in a bad matchup. It's a B grade for Bowers. You're not chasing Alexander Madison or a mirror Abdullah. They're both on the bench. If you were wildly desperate for running back and they were both available, I guess Madison, but don't do that. On the other side, Alvin Kamara is out, so you're not starting Kendre Miller, who split snaps with Jordan Mims and Jamal Williams and it was like a forty forty twenty split.
Speaker 5: Absolutely gross.
Speaker 3: And you might be tempted to go with Juwan Johnson because it's a good matchup and there's no one else to throw too. But Spencer Rattler is completing like half or cewer of his passes, and he's under so much Druss too, and he's spreading around an average of one hundred and fifty passing yards per game in his last four games. Yikes, that's not even enough to bat an eyelash at. No Saints are startable.
Speaker 2: Chris Olb may may return for this game, but it doesn't matter because it's Spencer Rattler. The whole offense is completely broke. Why would they do that? Yeah?
Speaker 6: Why Bra?
Speaker 5: There's no reason, Chris?
Speaker 2: What if he gets hurt? Come on, I know that's put him up like that. I'm not saying i'd bring him back. I'm just saying the Saints are saying you might play in this game.
Speaker 3: You know, I have a question for Thor because he talks about Iowa and he talks about Kansas all the time. Inevitably they're going to end up playing in the College Football Playoff like next year. Probably who are you going to cheer for in that Iowa Kansas probably seven to ten matchup?
Speaker 5: I would guess.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm happy you asked this because I've I worked on my hierarchy a long time ago. It goes undergrad first, and I'm not just talking about myself, It's got to be for anyone else.
Speaker 6: And so it's Kansas that's school at both places the top of the hierarchy.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I would have to root against the grad school Iowa if that was the matchup to that. And then we have you know, Minnesota is like the father's alma mater, and and you know, and that was the team I grew up with. And then you go and charges that's what I meant by father figure, Yeah, my radio. Yeah, and then you know, and then you go down from there, brothers, alma mater, sisters ol mater. I go down one hundred and thirty four teams. Wisconsin, you have, you have.
Speaker 2: A hierarchy listed of one hundred and thirty four.
Speaker 6: So I know in any individual matchup who I'm going for.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I really want to see this list. Please publish.
Speaker 2: Please play a Guillotine league in the playoffs. You can play for free or you can play for prizes at guillotine leagues dot com. In the NFL playoffs, we've got small form factor Guillotine leagues with five teams because there's four weeks in the season, then one team is left at the end. No bench you pick. You'll draft eight starters who score points every week. You'll still get free agent bidding after teams get chopped, hopefully not you. At the end of each round you have a thousand dollars fab for the playoffs. You can play with your friends, play for free, play for money, and play in private leagues Guillotine leagues dot com. The Guillotinis available at Guillotine leagues dot com. Our number two breaking down all the rest of the games slated for this weekend. When we come back our number two Fantasy Football Weekly. I am Paul Charchie and my co hosts are Matt Harrison and Thornystrom. Follow us on x I'm at Paul Charchie and Matt is at Explosive Output and Thor is at thor Ku.
Speaker 4: Rock Shard number one right, number one, number one hierarchy asband always will be a tough question.
Speaker 2: This is a game we call three tough questions. Nobody ever takes a quarterback with the first overall pick of their drafts. Yet Lamar Jackson, almost irrespective of your scoring system, is going to be the highest scoring player this year. Should Lamar Jackson be the first pick overall in fantasy drafts next year, Matt.
Speaker 3: If not now, when he's got one more game to go, and he's already set career marks for passing yards, in passing scores, throwing thirty nine touchdown passes to only four interceptions. For fantasy points just from passing only Joe Burrow is anywhere close to what Lamar has done this year, and he's basically giving you Ramandre Stevenson on the ground two, a low level RB two or flex guy just from his ground game. So you get a top two quarterback and a top twenty rusher. That's enough of a difference maker to take it number one overall. But next year could be really fun at the at pick one to one because you could take Lamar, you could take Josh Allen. Saquon's probably in that conversation. I think Jamar, Chase, Justin, Jefferson, and Puka are all in the conversation, and maybe even brock Bauers. Yeah, we could have We could have this a few shows again. We could have like seven or eight different guys that could go number one next year. It's gonna make the preseason shows a lot more fun.
Speaker 2: And it really is to not have the obvious number one that everybody is taking, and it will be great and it's all over the place position wise too, great point, great point. This is gonna it's shaping up next year to be the perfect year to be at the back of the first round. Sure, because you're gonna get somebody who could legitimately go as the first pack.
Speaker 5: Or the middle of the round. I just listed like six or seven guys that you could get, Like, that's fantastic.
Speaker 2: Wait, I just tip my hand a little bit out. I think Thor nobody ever takes a quarterback with the first overall pick. What about Lamar Jackson for next year?
Speaker 4: And you guys didn't even mention Kamani Vidal, Yeah, the obvious yes when you're going through I love without saying no. I mean, from from my time with this show, I have a sneaking suspicion that this is going to be a yes from you church M. I feel like I'm being set to walk into a trap and then all I answer no, and then right after you'll be like no, the right answer is yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 5: Thor is still new enough where he cares if his answer is right or wrong.
Speaker 4: I feel like I'm like a try hard guy. I always will I'm gonna say I'm gonna say no.
Speaker 6: I'm going to say no. You can say no. I'm gonna say no.
Speaker 2: Okay, I don't think any running back. I'll preface this by saying, I don't think in most leagues. I don't believe a running back is going to go first because so many of the running backs that are dominating this year are high mileage, older running backs, and I think there's gonna be a lot of worry, like, is this the year where the cliff hits even Sakwan Barkley, which even though it's the year.
Speaker 4: Of the running back, And it's funny how cyclical things are, because we have an insane running back class in this next Yeah and April, this most act one we've had in multiple years. A couple the other position, of course, are down, but the running back one way up.
Speaker 2: And there are there have been years in the past where I've banged the drum for first overall pick to be a rookie running back. Isekiel Elliott's first year, I had him miss the first time Super High went early his.
Speaker 5: I remember a Clyde Edwards layer.
Speaker 2: I had a first round greade on him.
Speaker 4: Do you remember an Ashton genty? Where do we think he's going now, he's gonna be good?
Speaker 2: Well, depends on the Landers, of course. Phi Let's just assume he goes to Dallas at twelve or wherever they're going to pick. Now, well, it maybe like ten, now, yeah, I mean it's got to be high. It's he'll he'll probably be close to a first rounder.
Speaker 4: I think he should be a top five pick if that was the case, if he drops it, because where did Bijeon go in his rookie year?
Speaker 6: He was first round? Okay? Yeah, yeah, yeah, And I think is better than Jean.
Speaker 2: That he probably is.
Speaker 6: As a matter of fact, he's insane.
Speaker 2: Jamar Chase is going to go one one in a lot of leagues, and for good reason. He's gonna win the Triple Crown this year. Receptions, yards and touchdowns, but that's it. He's had an amazing season and he's got Joe Burrow. Where's the risk in taking Jamar Chase at number one? It's all zero, But Lamar Jackson is special. I always try. I do not get I do not fall into this thing where I can not take a quarterback in some particular spot. But we all tend to feel like I can find a quarterback. How many times have you said that to yourself? I can get I can get a quarterback.
Speaker 4: It's what general managers say in the draft about running backs. It's like, we'll save that for in a.
Speaker 3: Standard fantasy league. You can find a quarterback. Ten is still pretty good.
Speaker 6: We got a Jayden Daniels this year. Yeah, Jaden dan We will mind him every year.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go no. But I don't have any problem with anybody who takes Lamar Jackson with the first overall pick. I don't think you're gonna regret it at all. But I don't think that's gonna be the right answer.
Speaker 6: Tough question Number two is.
Speaker 2: Cooper cup cooked? We go to Thorneistro.
Speaker 6: He's not cooked. He's feelinged aging out. He's got a couple more years.
Speaker 2: Are you just picking other white slot receivers right.
Speaker 6: Now, Brick? Are you just looking at things?
Speaker 4: Are are you just naming white slot receivers in the room with us right now? I think he's gonna have like two years where he can choose whether he wants to get one hundred plus targets with one of the crappiest teams in the NFL, or if he wants to play at the string that way, or if he wants to be like the third banana guy and Thiland didn't want to be the third banana guy.
Speaker 2: Okay, Matt is Cooper Cup cooked?
Speaker 3: That's the shortest tough question of all time, by the way, Actually, it's been two straight bad games. One against San Francisco, which was one of the best pass defense of the league, and there was also driving rain most of the game. Last week was just kind of a gross game against the Jets. The Rams won dirty, it was cold, and Pooka's been so good. So we're just looking at cups two terrible games last two games at SOFI Stadium five for ninety two and a score against the Bills eight for sixty and one against the Eagles. So I can't imagine he completely lost it in the course of two weeks, but it's probably fair to punish him down your draft board a little bit next season. No, he's not cooked yet, though.
Speaker 2: The baffling part about last week's bummer game from Cooper Cup and what I can't quake it over and why I put this question in here Rams are playing the Jets. The Jets slot corner is Michael Carter and he's great, but he's out for this game. The backup is Isaiah Oliver. In years past, Sean McVay would have peppered Cooper Cup with fourteen targets against a backup slot cornerback. Cooper Cup got three. Yeah, what does Sean McVay know? What is he ahead of the curve on that we don't know? Yes, pook and a Coup is great, but that doesn't mean you throw three times to Cooper Cup in a close game against a backup slot cornerback.
Speaker 5: Maybe Cooper Cup is hurt.
Speaker 2: Maybe he is, and maybe that's going to be ultimately the answer on this. I think I think Cooper Cup is cooked, and I think next year we're gonna see the big, big drop off. Okay, and I think I'm going yes on this. I don't like what I'm seeing right now now. Could be proven wrong. They coast into the playoffs. I hope I am wrong. Cooper Cup's awesome. We love Cooper Cup. I don't like what I've seen this year.
Speaker 6: Feeland is the correct answer.
Speaker 2: Eland quetcham number three in the Fantasy Championship you're an underdog, do you try to split the pot with the other team?
Speaker 3: We begin with Matt, I mean, sure, why not. The overdog is gonna say no, but at least you tried. Also, maybe if you're not in the Fantasy Championship, you should still see if the winner wants to split the pot with you, maybe you can appeal to their generosity.
Speaker 5: During the holidays. I've never done this.
Speaker 3: I've never been in a league where the pot was split. In fact, I play in a lot of Empire leagues where we're specifically looking to cash out a huge pot. And I just want to say shout out to our former Fantasy Football Weekly co host Christian Peterson, who, according to MFL has an eighty four percent chance at winning our Empire League and the old twelve thousand, two hundred and twenty five dollars in the Empire pot.
Speaker 2: And I want to alert the irs to that, Wow, this is the oldest Empire league in the world and Christian Peterson is very likely to take it down in.
Speaker 5: Year I think it's year eleven or twelve, eleven, twelve.
Speaker 2: Yeah, very very good team. And my team finally just stacked for a run and it's all gonna end right here. Hmm, completely bitter about that. Let's go back to the matchups. We begin with the New York Jets taking on the Buffalo Bill.
Speaker 5: Did thor want to answer the tough question?
Speaker 6: I want to, Yeah, I have. I have ardent opinions on the on the tough question Fantasy Championship.
Speaker 2: You're an underdog, you try to split the pot with the other team.
Speaker 4: Church is having a tough a tough final team is hard? You know you've hit the rookie wall Church, Yeah, he sure has. The answer is of course. And I am super binary with this type of thing, Like if I think I have less than a fifty chance to win, I'm going to offer this foot every time it has free spin of the wheel to potentially win free implied value. Whereas if I think I even a fifty one percent chance, so when I will not split. But the last thing I want to say about this, you have to respect everyone's decision without question and exception when this topic comes up.
Speaker 6: No guilt trips, no follows, no reasoning.
Speaker 4: You're well within your reason or your rights to extend an offer or accept or to climb one on the other side, as is every person that you're playing with.
Speaker 6: This is a Golden rule type scenario. You freaking cowards. Stop it. You wouldn't. You don't split, ever, you don't split.
Speaker 2: Really, I never split. I never have either, but I always I think, go for it. Baby.
Speaker 5: Now I'm gonna just ask people to split money with me.
Speaker 2: No thor.
Speaker 6: You're right, you know, I.
Speaker 2: Don't know what money means to you versus what money means to Map versus jazz.
Speaker 4: Probably in a fifty team college fantas football league with no duplicates. It is the biggest fantasy league that I know of that does not have duplicate plate fifty.
Speaker 6: Yes, that's it's a fairly fairly large pot.
Speaker 4: And one year, unlike in my guillotine league against my coworkers, I'm made the championship in this, okay, And we we did a tiered split where it was like we we you know, sort of shortened the distance between first and second.
Speaker 6: We didn't.
Speaker 4: It was the winners still got the higher amount, but it was much closer. So sometimes you know, you know, we'll get into some negotiations. You want to keep the prize structure. We could we could do something here. You know, we're consenting adults.
Speaker 2: I say, go try to win. That's what I say. Go, you know, go go Hill Mary, go try to win. To get down Herb Brooks over there, Herb Brooks.
Speaker 6: Yeah, oh I like that.
Speaker 2: Going to my motivational speech just now.
Speaker 5: You're wearing a lake I mean, yeah, yeah, you sat.
Speaker 6: That one for me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I understand. The Jets are taking on the Bills.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yes, they they sure are. Aaron Rodgers, We're gonna give him a bee. He needs one touchdown pass to become the fifth player in NFL history to to reach five hundred. I guess I struggled last week against the Rams. Just had just a shade south of fifteen fantasy points, dealing with an MCL injury in his knee.
Speaker 6: And also speaking of injuries.
Speaker 4: The Jets just placed their rookie left tackle of Shanto a foot injury on injured reserve outside. But I'm gonna give I'm gonna give Rogers a bee as I'm going to with Breecee Hall thirteen fantasy points in each of the last two games. The Bills have struggled against running backs all year, particularly guys that can catch the ball a little bit. Buffalo is top two in the NFL in catches allowed to running backs, receiving yards allowed to opposing running backs, and then total touchdowns given up two running backs, and overall, Buffalo's defense has allowed the third most fantasy points per game to running backs. So breesaw, I'll give a bee DeVante Adams. He's a mustard an automatic at this point.
Speaker 6: I think it just is what it is.
Speaker 4: Garrett Wilson, We're gonna give him a bee wide receiver fourteen in fantasy this year. He needs thirteen receiving yards to hit a thousand for the third straight season.
Speaker 2: But he's just getting smoked by Adams right now. And it's been this way for like five six weeks. He's just not getting any loucks charged.
Speaker 4: Sometimes you got to take the fight to the and that is what he did with the media this week, and he said that he wants more targets a.
Speaker 2: Good Yeah, sokey Wheel gets the grease.
Speaker 6: I don't think Rogers cares, though, right Like it's like, yeah, I mean maybe he tried to talk privately. He's like, maybe I'll try the media. I don't think Rogers cares.
Speaker 4: He has Rogers, to his credit's throwing the ball thirty three times so far his way Garrett Wilson's way in December.
Speaker 6: So but we'll get We'll give him a bet.
Speaker 4: And then I had to shout out Tyler as I call him Gronklin, Tyler Conklin.
Speaker 6: I gave him a c he during the middle of the season.
Speaker 4: Remember it was like he had the games in September where it was like ten targets and then like it was like the middle of the season. He like got phase out of the offense when they got Devanta. But the last three games, Conklin has been targeted seventeen times. In those three games, thirty plus receiving yards all three times. Last week was the Nader is an a deer, the bester is at the world. What's opposite of the deer? Apex apex The apex of those three games was last week against the Rams, five catches for fifty nine yards. We thank you rhetorician over there and Conklin. Gronklin is a flyer option if you are desperate moving over to the Bill's side. Josh all On a must art obvious James Cook b I was between A B and and A here one hundred and twenty six total yards and two touchdowns last week against the Patriots and over the past but over the past four weeks he is RB thirty and a thing that I love to look at now the Fantasy Life utilization score.
Speaker 6: Shout out to Dwayne even though you know he was I didn't mention it before.
Speaker 4: He's kind of mean to be on the show this week, but it's interesting to look at those metrics. Ty Johnson and Ray Davis have been stealing more field time. Cook this was really interesting.
Speaker 6: He has only played forty two percent of Buffalo's offensive snaps since the week twelve by but he has remained the fantasy asset by scoring sixteen touchdowns last year compared to six last year. Khalil Shakir b Last week.
Speaker 4: Shakiir had his second sub eight fantasy point showing in a game since Week seven, and I suppose third since Week six because that's when the Jets held him to two catches for nineteen yards. Shaki is at fewer than forty receiving yards in three of his last four, no more than eight targets in any of the last four games. The Jets have surrendered the fourth fewest fantasy points to wide receivers in the NFL. But I gave him a bee because I hate the other receivers here, and so I'm basically just you know, I do the thing with the Packers where I distribute my seas to all them. I'm going different with the Bells, and I'm gonna push all my chips to one of them because I'm gonna tell you to keep Amari Cooper, en key on Coleman on your bench. Yeah, Cooper won catch in the last two games combined. And then Coleman has been playing sixty plus percent of snaps last two games. Balls are not coming his way. And then also I want to say about that the Jets have the third best They have the third best per play defense in the NFL, but number one in preventing deep touchdown passes, and that is key on Coleman's kitchen bench for those Guysdlton Kinkada gave a c number seven amongst tight ends with a twenty one percent target cheer in the NFL.
Speaker 6: This year, despite but despite the Bills.
Speaker 4: Offense ranking second and touchdowns per game, Kinkaid only has two touchdowns himself. He has not had more than fifty three yards or thirteen fans fantasy points in any game this year, all right, he has a good seventy eight percent. He had a good seventy eight percent catch rate last year, but is dead last among NFL tight ends with a fifty eight percent catch rate this year, which means he needs to get an episode in our podcast series as well. We are going to investigate the appreciation.
Speaker 6: Of his ball skills.
Speaker 2: I love it. Speaking of ball skills, I think I've been asked about Jordan Addison and the Fantasy Championship as much as any player will break down Packers Vikings and whether you can start.
Speaker 6: Jordan Addison three to three baby game.
Speaker 2: When we come back to Fantasy Football Week for welcome back, a big block all matchups for you, beginning with the Packers taking on the Vikings. I want to start with Josh Jacobs, who'se He's just looks sensational. Everything Green Bay wanted in a late December running back They're getting from Josh Jacobs, and he had the luxury of taking the second half of last week's game off completely because the Saints were no threat. Minnesota's run defense has lapsed over the last month, and that was because their linebacker, Ivan Pace, their middle linebacker was on injured reserve. He's expected to be back for this game. And it's basically this. When Ivan Pace plays, the Vikings have the best run defense in the NFL. When he's out, they are right in the middle of the pack. Pace should come back here. That makes it much harder for Jacobs. But he's still Golman so well, and he's going to get a ton of caries. He's fresh legged. He's still an A grade in this game. The other A grade I've got for the Packers Jaden Reid. Now, you got to pick your spots with Reid right, because he gives you these like zero catchdows games.
Speaker 4: It's something I would never begin to see. And the rest of them beginning sees two.
Speaker 2: I think guts for this. The Vikings are getting killed in the slot. That's why I feel confident here. Eighty percent of Reeds routes are run from the slot. And here's what slot wide receivers have done to the Vikings in the last month. Jackson Smith and Jigba, Ray, Ray McLeod and Keenan Allen twice averaging thirteen targets, eight catches, ninety yards and almost a full touchdown apiece. This is a great opportunity. And in the earlier matchup between Minnesota and Green Bay, Jaden Reid seven catches one hundred and thirty nine yards on a touchdown A grade Jayden Reid the other receivers that have letter grades here, it depends a little bit on a Christian Watson camp Kenner cannot play and he's shaping up as a game time decisions. You're gonna want to watch this one.
Speaker 6: But we think probably he's not trending towards is he.
Speaker 2: I mean, honestly, I don't. I don't know. But if Watson is out, I like Dobbs a lot better, and that brings Dantavian Wickson as just a flyer. The Vikings do give up a lot. In fact, the most fantasy points to wide receivers Vikings, So there are opportunity he's here. Yeah, Wicks scored twice in the earlier matchup. Dobbs targeted eight times in the earlier matchup against the Vikings. So if Watson is out, I like Dobbs and Wicks at C grades. If Watson comes in, I guess they could all get thorn istrom C grades. But you know, I don't like him as much.
Speaker 5: Thornstrom's patented sea grad.
Speaker 6: You gotta do the Oprah routine with the season.
Speaker 2: You'll get a se grade.
Speaker 6: Everybody gets.
Speaker 2: By the way, Alprah doesn't say you get a car. You get a car. You get a car, and I'll pay the taxes on the car. No, no, she never mentions the taxes. Sure, you get a car, but also we need six thousand dollars in cash for the taxes on your car.
Speaker 3: Come on.
Speaker 2: Oprah mentioned that.
Speaker 3: Absolutely you got gripes with Oprah giving away cars like fifteen years ago.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Still, it's just stuck in your crawl man. Yes, Tucker Craft expected to play through his hip injury. Vikings are a good tight end defense. They've only allowed one score since way back in week number four. Who scored on the vikings in Week four?
Speaker 5: Tucker Tucker Craft?
Speaker 2: You got it yep. Nine targets, six catches, fifty three yards and the aforementioned touchdown For Craft, he has topped a twenty two percent target rate in three of the last four games remaining involved in this offense. He comes into the C grade here as well, and so that leaves us the Jordan love I've given his receivers. A's and three or four C grades. So I've got a B grade on Jordan Love. Now, his fantasy production has been pretty bad for the last basically two months, but it's because the Packers are Steamers, they're all these other teams. He's averaging just twenty five passes per game.
Speaker 6: His efficiency numbers are great, though they are past right, and.
Speaker 2: So presumably if the twenty five passes turns into say, thirty six against ay of the Vikings in which should be a back and forth night fight, that should put Love in a really good spot here.
Speaker 6: And he's healthy this.
Speaker 4: Time and he is well, yeah compared to the yeah hewas boy was he gimpy that last mon super game.
Speaker 2: Probably shouldn't have four hundred yards and four touchdowns, but he sure didn't. Yeah, So B grade on Jordan Love. Let's go to the Vikings justin Jefferson obvious A grade, but let me mention this, potentially the Packers are going to be there, definitely without two of their starting members of their secondary j R. Alexander has been ruled out and their safety Evan Williams ruled out, and they're waiting to find out on safety Slock Corner Hybrid Bullard Javon Bullard. He's shaping up as a game time decision, so there could be some real opportunities for both Jordan Addison and Jordan Did I say Justin jeff Justph Jefferson and Jordan Addison. There we go Addison since week eleven, you guys want to get you want to guess in Fantasy points scored, where Jordan Addison ranks among wide receivers since week eleven?
Speaker 6: Free three. I'm gonna say three three. You nail this.
Speaker 2: It is free three favor three, free three higher than Justin Jefferson.
Speaker 3: It's amazing the exact moment in our in our Empire League that I traded away Jordan Addison and Bryce Young, their careers just magically became since since I.
Speaker 2: Was on the receiving end of that's going to win the.
Speaker 4: League, and Kenny Pickett was on the receiving end of a first round selection because of Jordan Verson Addison.
Speaker 6: That's a great part. I mean, we brought it up for Evans and Mansell. We had to bring that full circle.
Speaker 2: Adison's separation skills are becoming incredible and he's getting open a lot, and like Jefferson, he runs from all parts of the field. That puts him on all of the Packers cornerbacks who are all good and Keishawn Nixon's improved a lot, but none of them are dominating. H Nixon allowing an eighty two percent catch rate since returning to slot coverage two games ago. It's unclear if he's going to be in the slaughter. He's going to be outside for this game. Nevertheless, Addison's become a very safe start and he gets a B grade staying with receivers.
Speaker 3: T J.
Speaker 2: Hockinson still hasn't scored, and he's been pretty quiet since his return. Overall, I thought we'd have more production out of him. The Packers generally give up good games to high end tight ends. Smith George Kittle, Dray McBride, Sam Laporta twice averaged six catches seventy five yards, and TJ. Hockinson's right in the ballpark with those guys six and seventy five would be great. I've got a C grade on TJ. Hawkins.
Speaker 6: I would go even higher.
Speaker 2: I go be great.
Speaker 6: I think I go be He wasn't in the first one.
Speaker 4: I think he's a big difference here because this is an area where you can exploit the Packers pass defense. Hawkinson didn't play in the first one. Now he's full speed. All the targets have been going. I mean Addison now at the beginning of the season was all Jefferson. Everyone's complaining about it. I feel like you can go a little bit against tendency. Here more targets to Hawkinson.
Speaker 6: He can do some damage.
Speaker 2: I'm with you, B great TJ. Hawkinson. That last part of the passing game of Sam Donald. The Packers' secondary looks invincible on paper, but they have faced some dreadful quarterbacking Spencer Rattler. They got a third of a game on Sam Howell, Brandon Allen. They had Tula in a frigid game in which Tula all just wanted to get on the team less and go home. Donald is our PIB, the best passer the Packers have seen all year, and he went for two seventy five and three in the earlier meeting and over the past six weeks, Sam Donald fifteen touchdowns, one interception. He's playing great. I've got a B grade on Sam Donald in this game. That leaves us with Aaron Jones. He put up one hundred and thirty nine yards in the earlier revenge game with Green Bay in Green Bay. But the Packers run defense has been very good lately, way better than it was earlier in the season. Over the past six weeks, green Bay ranks number six in run defense success rate, number six in yards per carry aloud, and number three in yards after contact allowed. Now, fortunately, Aaron Jones gets most of the workload, and he has scored in four of the last five games, and over the last five weeks, the Packers have allowed the most running back receptions. I want to think that we're finally going to get Aaron Jones on a big receiving game like we have not seen all season long. All right, Matt, let's go to the Titans taking on the Jaguars. We've already hit a bunch of take a chance on me guys out of this matchup, including Mason Rudolph. You're taking chance on me quarterback?
Speaker 3: Yeah? And Chicka Konquo was my take a chance on me tight end. Calvin Ridley startable two in the passing game, I'll throw a see his way had seventy eight yards in a score last week while Rudolph was just chucking balls against the Colts and the Jags are the worst pass defense out there. They're allowing one hundred and seventy four receiving yards per game to wide receivers. That's the third most in the league. Most of that goes to Ridley. I like Ridley with the C. Tony Pollard hasn't practiced.
Speaker 5: Yet this week.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a bad sign, which would be fantastic if you're a Taija Spears guy.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And by the way, we have audio of the spear right there. Well, that's the spear that it's going to go right through your opponent's heart.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So if Pollard doesn't play, taij Spears is a B grade and it's close to an A grade. Spears has scored four times in the last two weeks. Problem is he's trailing in touch totals to the dinged up Pollard by quite a bit. So if Pollard does go, I think you can give them both C grades, but they're closer to bench grades than C grades. The Jags are one of the easiest matchups in the league. Their bottom ten in every category against runners. The only thing that can stop the Titans backs is Tony Pollard playing hurt on the Jag side. Tank Bigsby was charged to take a chance on me runner, and I'm leaving Travis Etn on the bench. Etn had more snaps than Bigsby last week, but fewer rushing attempts. That doesn't bode well for the split there. So I think the only member of the passing game that you can consider starting is Brian Thomas Junior, who out of all the wide receivers, is he the best of them?
Speaker 5: Of these rookie wide receivers.
Speaker 2: Brian Thomas by a margin? Yeah, I don't think. I don't think you can make a case for any other rookie receiver, I mean, outside of Jalen Coker, other than Jale Hooker.
Speaker 3: Malik Nighbors had a really good start but has tailed off as soon as the quarterbacking went away. Yeah yeah, yeah, but twenty seven targets in the last two week double digit targets and four straight for Brian Thomas Junior, four touchdowns in the last four games, and two straight one hundred yard weeks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he's doing it with Mac Jones. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Uh. Three weeks ago he played these Titans where he had eight and eighty six. This is basically since Trevor Lawrence went down. Mac Jones only has eyes for BTJ with no X in there. He's an A grade and the only guy in the Jags passing game you can start.
Speaker 2: All right, Thor Dallas Cowboys taking in the Philadelphia Eagles. No Ceedee Lamb. This takes most of my interest out of the away from the Dallas Cowboys offense. You already told us you take a chance on your running back was Rico Doubtles even you didn't very well. Is there any other part of the passing game you're interested in? Brandon Cooks is going to get more looks.
Speaker 5: Jalen tok is.
Speaker 2: Gonna get more looks.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean Cooper Rush is on the bench. Shout out Max in there though, and then I did, Okay, I gave sees to Cooks in Ferguson. I'm gonna make the case for you guys, and if you want to, you want to throw tomatoes at mean, that's fine.
Speaker 6: Cooks.
Speaker 4: Of course, the wide receiver one with Ceede Lamb out year shoulder injury. Last seven games, almost ten targets per game for Ceede Lamb. Those must be distributed now. Cook played the most naps of the non Lamb wide receivers last week three targets, forty eight receiving yards. Has at least three targets for sherre games those are going up. Eagles have been the eighth worst matchup for fantasy wide receivers, but gonna have to put the ball in the ear sometime and for that reason also going Jake Ferguson a seed tight end twenty six for the year, only three point eight fantasy points per game with Cooper Rush starting, and the Eagles are a tough matchup for tight ends and Ferguson only had twenty four yards against him in the first game, and he also fumbled the ball.
Speaker 6: I know I'm not doing a good job of selling again, but.
Speaker 2: No, you're really not.
Speaker 4: Tight ends up at thirty seven or less receiving yards against the Eagles in two thirds of the games that they have played.
Speaker 6: But but but here's a big buy dot dot. Ferguson had nine targets last week, his most since early November.
Speaker 4: And what a time for Rush to start looking that way with lamb out. Could more targets be coming that away? We'll shoot at sea over that way. We will not be giving a letter grade to Kenny Pick who again pos a lot of money to Jordan Addison. Yeah, Kenny Pickett's going to get the call here. I'm still giving Saquon Barkley and A. J. Brown their A mustards even with Pickett running the show. Brown had fifteen point seven Fantasy points last week with Pickett mostly running the show.
Speaker 2: I don't know, man I Pickett looked bad, but he all but the focused on Brown and Smith.
Speaker 4: So maybe if they can bring in Jordan Addison over these and help him out. Shout out Pitt Panthers. DeVonta Smith, the last one here, collegiate receiver of Mac Jones. We were just talking about. I gave Davanta see that. This is how I tacked it down without hurts against the Commanders. Smith did having you know his defense, I guess six catches fifty one yards, eight targets. Cowboys are the ninth best matchup for Fantasy wide receivers. But Smith struggled in this first game against Dallas two catches for fourteen yards, and now of course he's going to have to replay them with Kenny Pickett full game.
Speaker 2: Well, dron Bland is back. He's playing great. Last week, had a fantastic game against Mike Evans and physical on physical cornerback versus wide receiver. I'm interested in what's gonna happen with Deron Bland who shadowed again shadowed A J.
Speaker 6: Brown? Does he does?
Speaker 2: Does he shadow A J. Brown?
Speaker 3: Here?
Speaker 2: And then does that ultimately hurt AJ Brown a little bit? We'll see, Yeah, dog Fright got some concern about that little bit. Yeah, let's take a break when we come back. Two matchups left in our season. Unhievable that we're at this stage already. Wow, just two matchups left? Have I mentioned gayeting league playoff leagues yet?
Speaker 6: I need to get in one because my coworkers eliminated me last.
Speaker 2: They did eliminate you last week. You might want to get in the championship. Spellcheck hates it. You're gonna love the championship. If you want a chance at bigger prizes, this is the playoff game to play. With prize pools up to forty thousand dollars. You get to pick your favorite playoff bound players up to three per NFL team, and then that roster coast for the rest of the year. All you have to do is not finish in the bottom twenty five percent in any.
Speaker 4: Gift Dwayne has never eliminated me in a championship or ever ever, not once the goblin's been thrown to him.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, Guillotine leagues dot com. Check that out final segment of Fantasy Football Weekly when we come back. It's the final segment of the final regular season edition of Fantasy Football Weekly. But let me be very clear, as we've been doing for the last five years, we are fifty two weeks a year here, we sure are.
Speaker 3: You must subscribe to the podcast on your favorite podcast absolutely sub Spotify.
Speaker 2: Or yeah, Apple or iHeartRadio. iHeart Radio would be fantastic iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 6: And you can't miss the off season episodes.
Speaker 4: Charge you and I we get deep on those prospects we do with on the draft guys, we're.
Speaker 6: Gonna be no stone left unturned.
Speaker 2: You do such a great job and it's been so good having you in the Fantasy Football Weekly family. Thor. I can honestly say last year I was way way smarter on rookies because I just gravy trained most of your takes.
Speaker 4: And I got a lot of texts from Charge, like late at night about what do you think about this guy's game?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 4: And I'm watching this guy right now against Washington, Like, what do you think about him right now?
Speaker 5: And I appreciate thor because I don't have to work in the spring.
Speaker 2: Yeah, isn't that much every position?
Speaker 6: Baby?
Speaker 5: Absolutely?
Speaker 2: And while I'm talking about my co host, let me mention this and I like to I like to say this at the in the last show of every year, I ask a lot of my co hosts the time and effort that goes into putting together these matchups. I know, listeners, you can appreciate it. These are all these crazy esoteric stats. Nobody shows up and wings it on this show. All the preparation that goes into this is very, very demanding. It's time consuming. And I am very grateful to my co hosts, mank you for Scott Fish, Brian Johnson for the off season stuff, and he helped out with a handful of shows in season as well. It is an honor to work with you guys, and thank you so much for all of your dedication.
Speaker 6: This feelings visual the end of.
Speaker 5: Year thirteen for me.
Speaker 2: Wow, thirteen, yep, sees you were just a pup when you started.
Speaker 6: Is this just year two for me? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's year two for you.
Speaker 6: You know what, it is for me.
Speaker 2: I'm ending your thirty wow, thirty three zero three zero, whoa, I'm catching up to half of the years with you.
Speaker 6: You are.
Speaker 2: It's a good point catch you. I was Jack's age when I started this thing. Crazy good heavens, Miami taking on the Cleveland Browns. This isn't the way I thought I'd go out DTR, but this is it. Let's start with the Miami side. It's some more compelling matchup for sure. I'm gonna go in a grade on Tyree Kill in this easy matchup here, and I have been a Hill skeptic all seasons. I was nervous about everything we saw earlier in the season. He remains a focal point of the Dolphins wide receiver group, and we don't know for sure if Jalen Watda's gonna play it, and especially he doesn't play, He'll probably continues to be a focal point of this Brown's Secondary's just fallen off a cliff over the past month. The Browns rank bottom five in wide receiver receptions allowed, wide receiver yards allowed, and wide receiver touchdowns allowed. If Tyreek Hill, if not, now when a grade and I'm happy to say a grade for John Ujohnu. Since Week seven, John Smith is tight end one. I can't even I can't believe I'm saying this. He has avoided a dud game in six straight which tight ends do dud games all the time. Not John Oujnu. He is the Doelphins single most reliable player at any position. Cleveland is a bottom ten fantasy tight end defense. In the last six Browns games, they've given up six different fantasy relevant games to opposing tight ends. Pretty Much everybody who should have a good game against Cleveland at the tight end position does.
Speaker 6: I just I checked my sports book while you were talking there.
Speaker 4: Just cash a ticket a two leg parlay that Tank Bigsby would be your last week, take a chance on you guy, and that you would also give John Husmith a grade of bay. It looks like it was fourteen. It was fourteen to one. Yeah, yeah, brought that one.
Speaker 2: Home, nicely done. Staying with the passing game, I mentioned Jalen Wattle. If he does go, you could pick him up because the Browns secondary, as I just mentioned, has fallen apart. And by the way, number two receivers crushing the Browns in five straight games. Number two receivers have scored touchdowns against the Browns, and a lot had been surging before his Week fifteen knee injury. So he comes back here. C grade on Jalen Wattle, and that brings us to Tua in the passing game. I've got the two A grades I mentioned, I've got the C grade for Wattle, so I'm giving him a B grade. He's the perfect quarterback to start if you're an underdog coming into your matchup. Maybe you played against Derrick Henry, Lamar Jackson, Travis Kelce, Patrick Mahomes. He's got some big upside here. He's got three and four touchdown upside in this game. And this is a Brown defense that's allowed passing touchdowns and eleven straight and multiple touchdowns nine times this year. That might be our final nine time in the right there, let's go to the Brown side. Oh boy, well, Jerome Ford get this. The last two weeks with Nick Chubb hurt, Jerome Ford is running back eight and running back nine the last two weeks. Who to guests didn't see that coming, getting nearly all the workload for Cleveland, and they really do not want to put the ball into Dorian Thompson Robinson's hands Unfortunately, Miami's turned into a great run defense over the past eight games, which is a pretty long sample size. No back is top sixty two yards against Miami. The average result for a starting runner against Miami over those past eight games thirty three rushing yards, thirty receiving yards, and point one touchdown. So just to see great on Jerome Ford, even though he had been hot. As for the rest of the receivers, they're all on the bench except one guy, David and Jok, who's been ruled out. If you need a crazy dart throw Jordan Akins because no dtr does nothing but target is tight ends. Last week David and Jok who got forty two percent of the targets, and good tight ends hammer the Dolphins as we saw last week with George Kettle Well, obviously Gege Kittle's a million times better than Jordan Akans, but still a few weeks before that, Tucker Craft seventy eight yards, before that brock Bowers one hundred and twenty six yards. I look, it's a total long chop. But if you're in a desperate spot, Jordan Akins.
Speaker 3: If you picked up Jordan Akins and started him and won a championship based on charges advice right there.
Speaker 5: You deserve a tip on that one.
Speaker 2: I deserve it.
Speaker 5: Yees, you deserve it.
Speaker 6: Charge.
Speaker 4: Do you speaking of the Cleveland Browns passing game, did you know that Dorian Thompson Robinson was a backup in high school?
Speaker 6: Even started he did not? And do you know who he backed up?
Speaker 2: Huh?
Speaker 4: This was a Bishop Gorman High School in Las Vegas Powerhouse High School. He backed up one of the great recruiting bus that we have had in the last twenty years in college football, a guy named Tate martel.
Speaker 2: Oh I remember hearing the name.
Speaker 4: Yes, Dorian thoms Robbinson has had like the strangest career. He was a backup in high school, but he because of the tools, he was a high recruit and Chip Kelly got him coming out of high school, started him immediately.
Speaker 6: At UCLA and all throughout and disaster. Yeah. How many?
Speaker 4: How many times you get the backup high school kid that then starts every snap of his college career essentially.
Speaker 2: Falls into the NFL crazy So dtr a non functional passer. In two hundred and three NFL dropbacks, he has one touchdown and nine interceptions.
Speaker 6: Nine How do you do that.
Speaker 2: The NFL have a one to nine touchdown to interception.
Speaker 6: He was carrying the clipboard for Tate Martell in high school.
Speaker 2: Understand.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Over the past two years, DTR has the NFL's worst passer rating. And I believe I've got this stat correctly. It came by my ex feet a couple of days ago. Over the past twenty five years, DTR has the worst average passing distance three point three yards per pass.
Speaker 6: They maybe try Tatemartell, you know he I mean, you went to Ohio States. You know it's closet.
Speaker 5: Jilix Spurgeon win is a better choice.
Speaker 2: You might be right now?
Speaker 6: Sure?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 2: Final matchup of the year Detroit Lions taking on the San Francisco forty nine Ers.
Speaker 3: Jamiir Gibbs gets an A grade. The David Montgomery injury is going to prove to be a league winner for Gibbs owners the once amazing Niners run defense, not that this year, opposing backs averaging twenty eight touches, one hundred and thirty two conboy yards and just over a touchdown per game. Almost all of that goes to Gibbs, and he's probably better.
Speaker 5: Than most of the opponents.
Speaker 3: The Niners have seen this year not as easy for the passing game, though, Jared Goff facing a really good Niners pass defense. They're only allowing one hundred and ninety five passing yards and just over one passing score per game. Now, weather shouldn't be a factor in an outdoor game. For golf, it's supposed to be like like low to mid fifties during the game and fair weather. So I'll still give Goff a B. But this one's closer to a C than it is to an A. From the slot a Monross, Saint Brown will go up against Diamador Lenoi. That's a tough matchup, it's a great matchup. Lenor hasn't allowed a touchdown in four hundred and seventy nine coverage snaps.
Speaker 2: That's awesome.
Speaker 3: He's been the Niners' best cover corner by far, allowing only thirty five yards per game. But something's got to give because Saint Brown has scored in ten to fifteen games this season and he's averaging seventy five yards per contest. Overall, the Niners top five and receptions, yards and touchdowns allowed to wide receivers. So I'll still gave Saint Brown a B grade simply because I respect what he does too much. I'm gonna leave Jamison Williams on the bench, though, despite the explosive output last week, I don't think I can trust it this week.
Speaker 2: Sam Laporta gets a C.
Speaker 3: He's been much better in the latter half the season, but hardly an auto start. San Francisco has allowed one tight end touchdown in the last ten games and no tight end his top sixty six yards against them this season. It would take a real high volume day for Laporta hit double digit PPR points, and he has had seven, ten and seven targets in the last three weeks, so he does get a C grade to start here. On the other side, we'll start with the tight end George Kittle. He's had one stinker this year. This has the ability to be a second. The Lions are the best tight end defense in the league, with the fewest receptions and fewest yards allowed to the position. And it's insane because they don't have any defenders left. All their linebackers are gone.
Speaker 2: Those slats Man earlier in the year.
Speaker 5: Oh, it's crazy.
Speaker 3: They have allowed touchdowns to a tight end twice in the last three weeks, though, so I can't go lower than a B grade on Kittle, but I will acknowledge that this is his toughest task in a long time since all of the running backs got hurt. Deebo Samuel has become more of a scatback than anything. He's had twelve carries in the last three weeks. Patrick Taylor has had fifteen carries in the last three weeks. As a wide receiver, he faces a juicy matchup as the lines have allowed the second most receptions and yards to wide receivers. Rookie Terry and Arnold has missed all week with an illness, but should likely play on Monday.
Speaker 2: And honestly, he's just been okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's allowed four touchdowns in his coverage this year, but he's one of the last actual corners the Lions have. Amiek robertson Man's the slot most often. He's along twelve and a half yards per catch, which is a ton from the slot.
Speaker 5: So B grade for Debo. I'll even give a B.
Speaker 3: Grade to Juan Jennings here because it's probably a pass happy.
Speaker 5: Game for the Niners.
Speaker 3: If I have bes on all the receivers, it's a bee for Brock Perdy, even though he's looked iffy with accuracy for over the last few weeks. From a volume standpoint alone, he should be able to make it work. Though the Niners are out of running backs. The game script favors the Niners passing, and they got to pass at least forty times, which is exactly what he did last week. He had three, thirteen and two last week. It's plausible that Perdy and Debo will be the top two rushing producers for the forty nine ers as well. So b grade on Brock and don't start a San Francisco runner.
Speaker 5: It's come to this.
Speaker 3: Isaac Garendo has a shot to play this week, but he's been limited all week with a hamstring and this is a Monday night game, ninety minutes before the last game in your championship week. Are you going to feel comfortable switching from Isaac Garendo to Simone Vaki or Patrick Taylor. You will not feel comfortable about that. The matchup is also terrible. Lions are top six and almost every metric against the run. Don't start a San Francisco runner.
Speaker 2: Do not start a San Francisco I'm with you on that. Don't do it. It's come to this for the forty nine ers, unfortunately in a loss.
Speaker 5: Now McCaffrey will be back last next year.
Speaker 2: And we got a couple minutes at the end of this, at the end of this segment and this show, let me hit you with this, Jade and Daniels next year, it's not gonna be QB one, That'll be Lamar Jackson or Josh Allen. Probably where do you think he fits into people's drafts next year? Jade and Daniels will be QB what in fantasy drafts?
Speaker 3: Well, considering that people are going to draft Jackson and Allen one and two and they're looking at those guys going, oh, we get that rushing upside too, Als is going to be pretty high. He's going to be a top five quarterback in most drafts next year.
Speaker 6: Three free three.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think he goes ahead of Hurtz.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't think I could do it just because it hurts gets me twelve rushing touchdowns every year. It's true, you know, I don't know if I can turn my back on twelve rushing touchdowns out of my quarterback.
Speaker 6: We're going to get a jump from Jaden next year.
Speaker 2: You think so rushing jump, Yes, I don't know. I think you'll go for me. It's going to be quarterback four. In my King Shadan Daniels, I believe he'll be quarterback number four. Playoff Guillotine Leagues last time. I want to encourage you two different formats to play. Play for free, play with your friends, play for prizes. You've got a lot of opportunities to play playoff Guillotine action at Guillotine leagues dot com. And once again, thanks for a great season. We've had a ton of fun. Do not you should not be playing for anything meaningful in week eighteen, but we'll be back with shows next week and every week Fantasy Football Weekly. Thanks for great season. Everybody, talk to you next week.
Speaker 6: How bye,