Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys blowing out of the backfield, exploding down the sidelines.
Speaker 1: This he is hanging with the Boys, presented by wing Stuff where Flavor gets its wings. Now, your hosts, Nate Newton, Kurt Daniels, Jesse Holly, and Shannon Gross.
Speaker 3: We are back.
Speaker 2: Looking live at Toastitos Championship Plaza outside Ford Center at the Star in Frisco, Texas, where it is a wet and moist seventy three degrees outside seventy seven. The loaded nine fellas take a guess sixty nine.
Speaker 3: Degrees and we are back together. I missed you, guys, man. Jesse's running little late.
Speaker 4: He'll be here in a minute.
Speaker 2: So, uh, same show, same show, yep, mind us a lot of the talking to Jesse here.
Speaker 5: So how were y'all?
Speaker 3: How were y'all shows? How'd you enjoy you?
Speaker 4: And Nick? Was it fun?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 4: It was nice man.
Speaker 7: The fans were excellent to call in people were excellent, man, and excellent.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 7: So you know, Nick tried to, you know, get me to you know, be a bigger participant during the week. That's hold I'm already dedicated, and then I almost changed my mind when I walked out and Shannon called me a trader.
Speaker 4: I sure did.
Speaker 3: I was like, yes, I called him coming out the door.
Speaker 2: No, that wasn't because you were on somebody you you sat down on a full time show yesterday.
Speaker 4: I had it wasn't even your show.
Speaker 7: What happened was Bill was called Bill was called in to do the Rangers game the other night, and uh, Everson was on another show. So I had was gonna be Nick and Miss Christie's I mean Bill, excuse me, Mickey and Miss Christie. So they called Derek and said, hey, Derek, you need Nate since he's sitting there.
Speaker 4: Like a not on the log, not doing.
Speaker 3: Nothing, so trying to better not be trying to jump show.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to get an extra ain't.
Speaker 8: I ain't mad at you. They asked me to do extra show.
Speaker 2: I mean, Derek, you hear that I will do extra shows. I do stuff for money. Kurt, how was your show?
Speaker 4: It was good.
Speaker 9: I was with Brian brought us and Kyle and Barry Church. So yeah, we had a good time.
Speaker 4: But it's sounded like.
Speaker 3: So you talked about as much on that show as you.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I did.
Speaker 4: He talked what me? What he got in there? Man, I did not get he got his would have been proud of him. It was kind of like.
Speaker 9: It's kind of but it's kind of like you know, when you go somewhere and you're visiting family or friends. It's good to see everybody. It's good to talk to, it's good to be good to leave, good to be home.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 12: Yeah, there was hanging with boys on every show, but the last one yesterday, by the way.
Speaker 8: Really yep, wow, it's impressive.
Speaker 2: Or everywhere everywhere the people show well, it's good to We'll get Jesse's take when he comes back.
Speaker 4: But it was, it was good. It's good week. It was nice to mix it up. The only problem is you don't really know those people, and.
Speaker 2: About the time you start figuring it out and start getting a little bit of chemistry, it's like, all right, I go back to your own show, which I'm I'm not mad.
Speaker 11: I like this.
Speaker 4: I'm listening to you.
Speaker 3: Let's play position.
Speaker 4: But that's great.
Speaker 7: The positions we did grade the position position they give it a seas to the wrong people giving bees to the wrong in your opinion, everywhere you know.
Speaker 3: Opinions are like, buttholes, everybody's got one.
Speaker 4: You know, you're entitled, your.
Speaker 12: Don't what is so, Kurt Weill start with you.
Speaker 2: Overall team, full team, coming out of the bye week, coming into uh RAMS week. It's weird having to buy this early. Six games in, six games down bye week, which is kind of weird. But what would you grade this team overall overall?
Speaker 4: Yeah? B B plus.
Speaker 9: You know, I think if you told me we were four and two at this point, it probably wouldn't have been real shocked. The record itself is kind of there, but it's the way, you know, the two Yeah, the two blowouts and everybody thought they were going to the super Bowl then you just get wiped out by San Francisco. It's it's the games. You know, you drop one to Arizona, you shouldn't it. So it's it's kind of the way those games win that it feels worse than it maybe is. Yeah, four and too, it's not awful, but it seems like our four and two is bad.
Speaker 8: I don't know, B or B plus for you?
Speaker 11: Yeah, someone there, Hey, Jess, you get.
Speaker 4: Wet coming in a little bit. Yeah, So what's your grade overall?
Speaker 11: Outside trailer parks is jumping, can tell you something around?
Speaker 4: That's the show that I'm something right.
Speaker 11: You couldn't talk to you something right now? You bring that, you bring that that big boat box from bow Jangles. Yeah, round at the trailer barks at this time right here, muddy feet.
Speaker 8: You know what the load of night is right, temperature wise?
Speaker 11: What is that? Guess sixty nine?
Speaker 4: Yes, sir, Yes, sir.
Speaker 11: I'm going back to get another bowtbox.
Speaker 4: Hit you hit that.
Speaker 11: You hit the tps with that boat box, that big yellow from boat Jangles.
Speaker 4: That's it.
Speaker 11: Game over, extra biscuits, jam jam.
Speaker 2: By the way, before you give us your grade, how was your shows last week or the mix up show?
Speaker 11: Yeah, it was good.
Speaker 4: It was good.
Speaker 11: Yeah, ever since I had jess uh and then knew he was there for one of the days he was in Houston.
Speaker 3: Last night Rangers messed up our whole line up yesterday.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I had to host Go Rangers, absolutely so.
Speaker 4: But it was good. Yeah yeah, okay, yeah, good to be homes.
Speaker 13: I feel like home.
Speaker 11: Oh man, listen, you don't understand how much Chris is in my ear? Like wrong show can't say that on the show. I'm like, shoot you know, and every now and again you just slip. There was a lady press. That's what I mean. It's like every now and again he's like, hey, you can't not on this show. Broke show, show my bad.
Speaker 4: We're back now, yeah, we're back.
Speaker 11: Hr didn't call so good?
Speaker 3: True great overall grade six weeks.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I'm I'm ot to be. I'm out to be right now for the Cowboys, yeah, you know that the Arizona loss is a bad loss. Not stepping up to the plate against the Niners was because I'm like, you guys right, we're the same in the sense of we looked at that game too as a as a big game. That was a big game for us as well, not only the play like that was a big game for the Cowboy community. We were all looking at that like embarrass Come on, fellas, you know I gave the I gave. Yeah, you can't be the join but you know, it's like.
Speaker 2: You also know that you got you got some guns on you when you wear a hoodie with the sleeves with no sleeves.
Speaker 11: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. You ain't the only one that work out, I know, you know what I mean. We might be the only two.
Speaker 4: You bring with real steel. Yeah, you left weight. I'm yeah, I'm what are you saying?
Speaker 3: I left?
Speaker 4: Because you just you disportioned it.
Speaker 14: You're right off, you went home, right that muscle? Yeah? Lookind of army. Look at the arm arms position flex. You see how the arm position is muscle member, those people do this?
Speaker 5: Oh god this.
Speaker 4: But but B yes, B, where are you at?
Speaker 15: Jay?
Speaker 11: Sorry?
Speaker 4: That's it?
Speaker 7: Fellas hit right on time? B yeah, B it's a B man, it's right on time. Because I'm glad they four and two. I'm glad the Cowboys are foreign too. I am. They sitting pretty right now going into this next month or this next series of games.
Speaker 4: They sitting pretty.
Speaker 2: It's a weird I'd be yeah. I think I think if you would have won either one of those two games, I'll probably be at a B plus.
Speaker 4: If you would have beat the forty.
Speaker 5: Nine ers, I might be at an A.
Speaker 11: If you beat the forty nine ers, I think we're all aa yeah.
Speaker 4: But it's it's I mean.
Speaker 9: What does the fact that the forty nine ers have lost a couple and the Eagles have lost one? Is that change or thinking of maybe the Cowboys are closer than.
Speaker 4: Not the way I feel about the Eagles.
Speaker 7: No, I don't you know, because I looked at the forty nine ers as our nemesis, you know that thrown inside, but not not the Eagles.
Speaker 4: Nah, Eagles are I'll tell you what. They lose. They lose, lose, lose, and they're doing it dirty.
Speaker 2: They're just doing what they need to do and like and what scares me about them is they got a hell of a running game, and they got a hell of a front front eight front, and then they got a receiver that ain't bad over there, and they got the best of the sweats they do.
Speaker 4: I think they got the best sweat out of them brothers. What do you mean best sweat? It's two brothers, one play for Washington, right, Oh.
Speaker 8: Montes, Who's who's the one for Philly?
Speaker 4: Montes is Philly right?
Speaker 11: Sure, I just I can't get sweat out of my head. And Josh sw Yes, Josh.
Speaker 2: Jane Goes, Chris, I thought you talk in the back, but it didn't come through the earphones.
Speaker 4: That's how glad you were talking.
Speaker 11: I don't know what I'm not talking, Yeah, Josh and Montez. Josh is Philly, right, Josh.
Speaker 4: Philly sweat they can ball man.
Speaker 11: Yeah, good celebration too. When they get a sack to gets go.
Speaker 4: They worry me a little bit.
Speaker 2: And the schedule is interesting coming out of the bye because you have you had, you play some really good teams. We're talking about this earlier, Kurt, you got what three out of four at home?
Speaker 3: You got three in a row, and then three in a row, four out of six.
Speaker 2: But then you got some teams mixed in there that you should win, like this week.
Speaker 5: I would not be.
Speaker 8: Surprised if they lose against the Rams.
Speaker 4: You should beat Seattle. Wouldn't shock me if they lose that game and.
Speaker 7: Then you got we can't lose. No, no, you're talking about the Cowboys. Are talking about the Cowboys? Yeah no, no, no, no, no, come.
Speaker 3: On, but you could.
Speaker 4: It would not surprise. Here's my point.
Speaker 11: Here's my point.
Speaker 2: Six weeks in, six weeks in, you don't know. You might know less about this team six weeks in than you did before the season started, because before the season started you knew you had this, this, this, and this, and now you're like, I really don't I don't know their identity, I don't know what's going on with play calling.
Speaker 4: I don't know. It's your little brother man, that's your boys. That dude none lost his mind a long time ago.
Speaker 7: Come on, no, no, no, man, they don't.
Speaker 4: Take care of business.
Speaker 9: So these next five or six games, that end of the season is going to be read it off, read it off, home of Rams. Then they're at the Eagles, that's a big one. At home against the Giants at the Panthers.
Speaker 11: Should be too easy.
Speaker 9: But then you start that stretch. I mean, Seattle your home, but that's a tough game. And it's Philly at Buffalo, at Miami, at Detroit that's.
Speaker 11: Going to be stretch.
Speaker 2: Detroice the last last game of the year at Washington or Washington at Washington.
Speaker 4: Detroit's last game of the year.
Speaker 7: So you either got locked up or you have that one bad game like we had against the Cardinalists. But you don't. You don't repeat that. You don't you repeat too many of them. You you Yeah, you're not in I wasn't saying fan a bad game, No, that they got beat they got plumbted, but nah, no, nah, that's why they needed to win the Cognis game, just in case they got plumted by this game. You can't have just two games where you supposed to win. You give it up. Man.
Speaker 4: That's that's that's real inconsistency there.
Speaker 15: Man.
Speaker 4: All right, let's take our first break when we come back.
Speaker 2: I want to know your opinions on are we going to make a trade.
Speaker 4: We have what a.
Speaker 8: Week yes, week from today?
Speaker 4: Trade trade for another player to help.
Speaker 7: Remember, we can't talk about coaches are players?
Speaker 5: Chris?
Speaker 2: Can we say theoretically no, you can't, or if we were in the bar talking you can.
Speaker 4: We can.
Speaker 3: We can talk about trades, just talk about positions.
Speaker 11: Can't talk about players.
Speaker 2: Could you say I would go trade for that guy that plays cornerback on that team?
Speaker 4: No, there's cornerback. No, but you can't do that.
Speaker 11: How about this night you get break and.
Speaker 4: You'll tell me a little.
Speaker 11: We're gonna go to break.
Speaker 12: Everybody's gonna propose to trade for what player they We're gonna get back on the air and tell everybody, Oh, I think that one's a good one.
Speaker 3: All right, we'll do that when we come back on Hanging with the boys.
Speaker 16: Fall is here and that means football is back, bringing all the delicious game day foods with it as you prep for all the big games tailgates and watch parties. Let Yo Kiero be your one stop destination for all things homegating. Yo Kiero's fresh, flavorful, ready to serve guacamoli made with real half avocados will score taste bud touchdowns as you cheer on the Cowboys. Yo Kiro's wide range of mouth watering and versatile products can be found in your local grocery stores, produce or deli section.
Speaker 11: Grab some today.
Speaker 17: Star Sports Tours is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders, and Cowboy legends. You want to stay at a team hotel, attend the best tailgate party in Texas, tour the.
Speaker 5: Star and talk x'es and o's with me Everson Wallas.
Speaker 17: With Star Sports Tours, you can visit cowboystravel dot com to book your travel package today.
Speaker 6: Seat Geek has your back no matter what kind of Cowboys fan you are, so whether you're a die hard fan or a don't with a care fan, we got them next time fan or we'll never win again fan. Here for the tailgate fan or a first one through the gates.
Speaker 13: Fan.
Speaker 6: The seat Geek not only makes buying and selling tickets easier than ever before, they made just about everything else easier to So whether you're a here every week fan or haven't been here in years, fan, seat Geek has you covered. Download the seat Geek. After they seat Geek, You're a ticket the Great Dallas Cowboys seats.
Speaker 18: How's wing Stop sound Christy juicy classic wings, made to order, cook to perfection and sausted tossed and those eleven soul satisfying players pair with hand cut season fries, housemade honey mustard, blue cheese or signature Wingstop Ranch and of course spicy Cajun fried corn. I think you've heard enough, Get your flavor delivered at Wingstop dot Com.
Speaker 11: Back to Hanging with the Bulls.
Speaker 19: Welcome back to the People Show and the second segment each and every day is brought to you by blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 8: Thank you blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 2: Also, the show that I forget to mention every day in the first segment is brought to you by Wingstop Work gets its Wings.
Speaker 19: You're gonna have to show up this week because he got two dudes on the other side That show up every week.
Speaker 3: Well of them just started back.
Speaker 13: What did Lebron call uh uh Luka Nuka or Luca Luka Nuka Luca?
Speaker 4: But he called Pooka Luca? Is that what he called him? Anyway? All right back to the show. We're back.
Speaker 2: Do we think the team's gonna make any kind of trade before the deadline next Tuesday? If I let's surphrase it this way, if they did make a trade, what position group on this team would you make a trade for?
Speaker 3: Because you got you need some help, you need some You need some help in a couple of.
Speaker 4: Different places where you need to help it. You got to identify when you need to help it.
Speaker 8: I think ask you the question, I think you need help on offensive lines.
Speaker 2: I think I think you could always use d line depth and cornerback depth.
Speaker 3: You definitely need some depth at linebacker, which you just signed a guy.
Speaker 4: Safety.
Speaker 8: I think you might say you're good at safety, but I mean you can.
Speaker 2: Always use depth everybody. I would think right now, your offensive line, your linebackers.
Speaker 4: Are probably where you did the problem.
Speaker 7: The problem is with those positions that you just named just my I think a problem is especial offense line. If you're not going out there getting the top guy. You're wasting your time. Just let the rookies play.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let it be young guys.
Speaker 7: Out of other positions you make and find a crafty veteran linebacker. But ofns Lyne, if you ain't going out getting ready to give up a first round, you know, and a possible third fight. Top player, because that's the only thing they're gonna fix. The Overns line is a top player.
Speaker 5: All of them.
Speaker 11: I agree on, especially I agree on that offensive line wise.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, let's do this. If you traded, let me go, let me go.
Speaker 8: Through positions and I'll throw it out there, and y'all tell me if do they.
Speaker 2: Need help in these positions, Like, let's throw out receiver, right, you got, you got CD, you got Cooks, you got Gallup. I think we all think, yeah, it wouldn't hurt to throw a good person in the mix.
Speaker 11: They need a solid number two.
Speaker 4: They got it, they got that's the question.
Speaker 9: They probably have him on the roster, but are they not using him the right way?
Speaker 4: Have his solid number two?
Speaker 3: Number two had a solid number two right before the show?
Speaker 4: Too much? Too much?
Speaker 11: You know what, Nate, I don't know. And the reason why I say. The reason why I say because.
Speaker 18: To me.
Speaker 11: Watching Brandon Cooks, I love.
Speaker 2: I love when he when he thinks through how he wants to say something, because you know it's gonna be good.
Speaker 11: Watching Brandon Cooks. His skill set, what he's done other places, what we've seen him do in training camp, and what he's been asked to do here doesn't equate. Brandon Cooks, for all intensive purpose is a one trick pony, and we aren't decided we aren't tricking that pony.
Speaker 4: We aren't.
Speaker 11: We aren't maximizing that pony skill. If that pony skill is to take the top off something, then we need to mount up, put the saddle on them and allow that allow that what is it called that quarter horse, allow that quarter horse to run. We haven't been doing it. Brandon Cooks is not a route runner. If you are looking for a route runner, it's not Brandon Cooks. He is a speed guy, has always been a speed guy. The reason he's been so good in this league and been able to be a first round tradable talent is because of that speed. We have yet to utilize that speed in its maximum capacity. So if we're looking for a solid number two it ain't Brandon Cooks. It just it isn't. And the only way he becomes a solid number two you have to change your philosophy and how you are utilizing him, Okay, right, how you use him, which means that's the change in the philosophy of what you want to do. And if you're not willing to do that, then you need to go out and find someone else. And I can say this name because he's not on a team, but it was a guy that I wanted in training.
Speaker 4: Kid.
Speaker 11: It was a guy like Landry l s u K Jarvis Landry right Like, he was a guy that I wanted kind of that number. He could have been a three, but he gave you the route running ability, right. And now I think that is what's so important in this offense. When you go back and you look at who were the guys that thrived in Mike McCarthy's offense. We did this. I did this deep dive when I went back and looked at what they were in Green Bay. Jordy Nelson, James Jones, Davante Adams, all these guys that Grandel Cobb the tight ends were actually productive. Like these are the things that in Mike McCarthy's offense you need for it to be successful. We've yet to figure out how to employ the route runners in this offense and utilizing the tight ends in this offense and being able to say, here are the skill sets that we have at receiver, how do we figure out ways to maximize what they do best? Because if you look at it outside of CD Lamb, your number two and your number three, however you want to look at them, are the same player. Michael Gallup is good at what vertical fifty to fifty, Brandon Cooks is good at what vertical speed, different in what they do, same in their assignment. So now you're putting a guy like Ceedee Lamb out there and you're asking him to be whatever you're asking him to be. And then you're putting two other guys out there that only can do You're only allowing them to do. What they both do is run goals and slants. And are they ain't doing that?
Speaker 15: Right?
Speaker 11: How else are you putting them out there? So I don't think we have a solid number two.
Speaker 4: All right, it's receiver, all right? What about running back?
Speaker 9: That's an interesting one as well.
Speaker 4: I'm not sure. I think you kind of made the bed.
Speaker 11: I think you made ten millions, so you can't go out.
Speaker 9: You know, you can't spend a bunch of money.
Speaker 4: On Recodonald or more. I gree that, Yes, I think everybody wants to see that.
Speaker 9: I agree, But then it is your second running back, you're paying him tim, I mean it does the money get involved with We.
Speaker 4: Know this this team, the history of this team.
Speaker 2: You don't typically let a guy that makes less money start ahead of a guy that's making more money.
Speaker 3: That's just been the history of what pod.
Speaker 11: We lived this with Felix Jones. We literally lived this same exact thing with Felix Jones. I was a part of that team. Marion Barber was Zeke Elliott, Felix was Tony Pollard, and they thought to themselves, get rid of those guys, and we're gonna make these other guys feature backs, when at no point in time in their existence of playing the position were they featured backs. Not at Arkansas, not at what was Memphis. Tony Poller went to Memphis at no point in time. And then somewhere in their brain they'll go, he could be the start and running back, and then you go, what happened to the productivity. Yeah, he ain't never been started running back before that piano gets a little bit more heavy on the back when you got thirty five carries, you know, in the game, and you're not getting that proper. See when Tony Poller came in the game, he had that burst. Yeah, you got little energy. When when I'm standing over there for thirteen plays in a row that it is my turn, Like I'm like this, I'm out. I was like all right now, Like literally mentally, you say to yourself, boy, I can't go one hundred miles an hour every play because I have to think about I gotta do this in the fourth quarter. So if I if I, if I, where am I looking for it? If I exert excuse me there where we go all of my energy like I used to in the first quarter, I'm trashing the fourth So I gotta pace myself. Difficult place to be in.
Speaker 8: What about D line, Nate, would you make a move for D line?
Speaker 4: And if we can get it?
Speaker 7: Once again, I just feel you gotta go out and get a top flight. Yeah, you gotta get a lead.
Speaker 11: Is that in any position?
Speaker 2: Would you just staying pat unless you you get somebody for really really cheap that you could plug in as a for depth if you if.
Speaker 7: You see and I know, I hope I'll upset nobody. But if you really finished, you was close to being a contender. Is you don't think about it. You go out and do what you need to do. But if you're waiting to see which the deadline to be gone by time we figure out whether we're a contender or not, a lot of times you get passed by see Philadelphia fail.
Speaker 4: They are contender.
Speaker 7: So even when they was on National TV the other night talking about we need a safety, we need a safety, then the next day they signed the safety because they know that they are true contender bar major injury.
Speaker 9: So Cowboys aren't all in. They're not at a point where they're not.
Speaker 4: I don't think they are. You know, they can say what they want. But you know, how much how much caproove do they have right now?
Speaker 2: That's a good question, because I think they had quite a bit going into the season, right because everybody's like, got all this money, wy, don't you go spit it on somebody?
Speaker 4: Why don't you go do it before the season started?
Speaker 11: Real Either way, man, you could, you could, you could you could go and say, hey, restruct restructure this, and do that, and do this.
Speaker 9: Yeah thirty twelve twelve million, twelve thousand, worship can't even buy me at twelve thousand. The How do the players look at this though? They're like seeing Philly make this another move? Philly made moves last year. I mean, when are they sitting back there going God, we need some help. Can you guys do something?
Speaker 3: Would a player ever go to the coach and be like, look, we need to go get this guy.
Speaker 7: Quarterbacks to do it, quarterbacks to do it at heartby oh yeah, quarterback, do it heart.
Speaker 4: But they get tired of it, like, oh man, this ain't working.
Speaker 11: There are two types of players. There are the secure players and the unsecured players. That's right, I'm going to speak from the unsecured player perspective. Just frightening time for guys like me, Like this is literally frightening time for guys like me, because understand, if you trade for an individual that's an immediate roster spot, that is is it practice squad elevation, game day manipulation. You trade for a dude he's starting today. Now, now the numbers beginning to get a little bit. Now we start playing the musical chairs.
Speaker 4: So it's like training camp.
Speaker 11: Holy moa like this now went to Halloween is spooky. It is spooky season for the unsecured dudes on this football team, because literally they're gonna say.
Speaker 4: You do not insecure. Unsecure.
Speaker 11: Unsecured right will make you insecure. Right. But the unsecured dudes is you're the you're the sixth per receiver, you the Oh you're the fifth linebacker. Oh, you the ninth DV. Sorry, we need we about to trade for x y Z offensive lineman. Know what that means? Xyz offensive lineman playing today? We need a roster spot. Like Mike Brown told me, he said, nothing you did wrong. It's just a numbers game. And you the low man on the totem pole. I said, how do I fix that? So I don't know, someone will call you about your flight information a little bit.
Speaker 4: Have a good day.
Speaker 11: Yeah, Like so then you have the secure players what you're talking about. You know that that can go to Dak Prescott's, the Michael Parsons, the CD lands of the world that can go and say, hey, Jerry Steven, well he could really.
Speaker 3: Use with an offensive guy, ever, say we need to go get No. That's usually within their.
Speaker 11: Own if there's if there's a situation where like saying that there was like a high level free agent that was out there, you might get a group of guys come and say, hey, bro, like let's go get so and so. He could really help our team out. But you're not gonna have an offensive guy that's like crapping on his you know what I'm saying, Like his dudes, for the most part, you need a lot you need yeah, you know the like if CD comes in and Steves office to say, man, we can show you the nose tackle, like Steven to look at him.
Speaker 4: Like, what do you know about those tackles?
Speaker 11: Don't win a slate route? Like that's not to even each side of the ball, Like get out in my office, you know what I mean. It's vice versa. If a linebacker came and said, man, we sure she will get a tight end, they'll be like, what make more tackles? Get out?
Speaker 4: But yeah, all right, when we come back, more football on. Hang it with the boys after this break.
Speaker 5: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 11: If they snapped the press, guy who looks right, it's not there. He escaped flapt he'll run full a perstown.
Speaker 15: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade crypto currency.
Speaker 1: Press Scot's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 5: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, they've got you covered. What are you waiting for? Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 18: How's wing stout sound feet, juicy classic wings made to order, cook to perfection and sauted tossed and those eleven soul satisfying flavors paired with handcut seasoned fries, housemade honey mustard, blue cheese or signature Windstop Ranch and of course spicy.
Speaker 11: Cajun fried corse.
Speaker 18: I think you've heard enough, Get your flavored delivered at Windstop dot Com.
Speaker 6: Seat geek has your back no matter what kind of Cowboys fan you are, So whether you're a die hard fan or a don't really care fan, we got them next time fan or we'll never win again fan. Here for the tailgate fan or a first one through the gates. Fan the Sea Gig not only makes buying and selling tickets easier than ever before, they made just about everything else easier to So whether you're a here of you, weak fan or haven't been here in years fan, seat Geek has you covered? Download the Sea Geek after day seed Geek, You're a ticket the great Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 10: Seats James right here, you're twenty twenty two Dallas Cowboys Fan of the Year. If you know how much I love my Cowboys and I am thrilled to be talking to you about the twenty twenty three Fan of the Year Award, presented by Captain Morgan. We're looking for the ultimate Cowboys fans to spice up the game. That means you eat, sleep, and breathe the Dallas Cowboys. If that's you, or if you know someone like me, then go to Dallascowboys dot com slash Fan of the Year and you could win tickets to Super Bowl fifty eight and so much more.
Speaker 4: Enter today, back Hanging with the Bulls.
Speaker 19: Welcome back to the last segment of Hanging with the Boys, brought to you each and every day by the official dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys, Jigsaw, thank you Jigsaw?
Speaker 4: Okay, question what are you laughing about it?
Speaker 15: Oh?
Speaker 4: Manhead? Many?
Speaker 6: Just what?
Speaker 13: No?
Speaker 4: No, better? What are you laughing about it? Just thinking about you know, do you whiten your teeth?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 4: They come like this, bru, you have.
Speaker 8: Some really white teeth.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, what do you brush with? I just would like deeper black teeth.
Speaker 11: Yeah, like color contrast the darker you get the white.
Speaker 4: Thank you jes.
Speaker 3: All right, So what kind of what kind of or if do they make you.
Speaker 4: Sound better when you see I feel I feel this one's hard to say. I feel I feel like I want to know.
Speaker 2: Do they make big time changes in the bye week? With it being this early in the season, we all have pointed out what we think is missing offensively and defensively and all that. Do they make any kind of big changes during the off season then when the players come back in they're like, wow, this looks different, or they so subtle and minute and just small things that they would do on a week to week basis anyway that you really aren't going to notice a lot.
Speaker 7: As I was talking about you, they're gonna tweak a few things they nah, No, because if you if you got to do that right then. You you didn't have a very good off season. You didn't prepare, You had no foresight to what's coming up. You know, Uh, we can't tell you how good Philly was gonna be. We can't tell how good are the forty nine Ers is gonna be. But you had an idea who the who the players were was and the basic philosophers. If you got to just do a major overhaul, like coach Belichick said, what he's gonna do with his team, you're like, hey man, we changed we you know, Cowboys can't afford to do that.
Speaker 4: Somebody will get fired.
Speaker 9: Did we see any tweaks in the Chargers game with you know, Prescott in a little.
Speaker 15: More and.
Speaker 11: I think Dak. I think Dak took it upon himself to be a little bit more aggressive because we've seen, like, for example, the read option. Right, we've seen the read option and we've all skimmed of the TV. Just keep it. And he finally kept it and it fooled. Like you can tell by the way the Chargers reacted. They saw on the film, Hey guys, they're gonna do the read option. Ninety ninersent of the time four is gonna give it up and that one percent he didn't eighteen yard touchdown, right, And then you know, you look at the other touchdown to Brandon Cooks. It was no different that they've always run that shallow It was all he did was run a shallow cross and just Dak just kick kept fading, fading, fading, fading, and just thought, Okay, Tony came across, picked up the picked up the blitz, great block by Tony, and he just floated one in the corner of the end zone for a touchdown. So it wasn't anything that they did different. I think Dak just finally took it upon himself to be he's Dak finally took it upon himself. I think he had like forty something yards rushing. He did what Jalen Hurts has kind of been been doing. He made hisself the eleventh man. He made them now have to play eleven on eleven football. And when you do that for the Cowboys, when teams prepare for the Cowboys, they're always thinking about Dak isn't going to be a runner, right, It's like he's well, he's not looking to tuck it and run. So if I'm a linebacker, I may go and not kind of keep an eye on him so much so because I'm not worried about his legs as if I was a Daniel Jones or a Josh Allen or a Jalen Hurts or Lamar Jackson. There's always a guy that's kind of spying in that area because they know that this guy can be a threat with running the football. Patrick Mahomes, for the most part, is like Dak. He wants to throw from the pocket. He doesn't want to be a runner. So I can get I can get a little bit lazy in my my spying or looking at the quarterback. And now we play eleven on ten, and I think Dak in that Chargers game, inserted himself into the play and said, no, you'll have to play eleven on eleven now. And it's those small little things where you break the pocket, where you even the big player Tony Pollard, what happened. He avoided the sack. Instead of him trying to, you know, find a guy down the field, he scrambled, act like he was going to run, look back inside, dumped off the Tony Pollot sixty yard games. So it was it was Dak to me being more a part of the offense, and instead of running the offense, he inserted himself to make it an eleven on eleven football game. And when you when you have that advantage, when you when you make that an advantage for you, that's what we've been begging for. Like, hey, Rookie Dak. The thing about Rookie Dak was he was clean with the football and he would tuck it and run. And when you do that, you find those third downs, you find that extra yardge, you find those things, those drive continuers and those drive movers, because guys forget about you and use your leg as an advantage.
Speaker 4: We should never that should never walk in any game.
Speaker 7: Trying to be a uh and I know that donna sound good, but elite passer, no name but two or three.
Speaker 4: Of them in the league.
Speaker 7: But being a part of the game, like Jess just said, that's he should walk into every game saying whatever it takes.
Speaker 4: He gotta be one of those guys that believe whatever it takes.
Speaker 7: If it me and me throwing a bomb for the touchdown to win the game, or running for the extray off.
Speaker 4: Me to win, whatever it takes, that's what type of guy he should.
Speaker 11: I think that's perfect what you said. I think Dak took upon that approach. Whatever it takes. Yeah, Like, whatever it takes. I think a lot of times he comes to these games and he goes, I'm going to be a pocket passer, right, I'm going to be like you said, I'm gonna be one of the elite passers. And sometime it doesn't work for him, but that whatever it takes mentality one hundred and seventy. If I have one hundred and seventy nine yards passing two touchdowns and I run for thirty forty yards and we win, whatever it took, right, it's that whatever. I think Dak is better when he's in that whatever it takes.
Speaker 9: Mold just say one off, or is this something we're going to see you going forward.
Speaker 11: I hope you watch film and he's like, okay, all right, I gotta do more of this, right, you know, especially coming off the buy, your body feels a little bit fresher, You're kind of not you don't have any nagging injuries. I hope, but I hope he looked at film and goes, you know what, that version of me helps us overall become a better It becomes a better unit because now instead of me trying to force passes into places, because if Mike is not going to change what he does and the players like Michael Gallup, I'm sorry, ladies and gentlemen like Michael Gallup and others who can't get off press coverage, if they aren't going to either replace those players or call their offense differently, then that's still going to be an issue. Pressing the Cowboys receivers and them struggling to get off press cover rich or zoning it up to where you leave Michael Gallop one on one and he can't get off press coverage. If that's gonna be this similar approach that you go into the second half, Dak has to go into that whatever it takes more because if you think that's gonna work in the second half when you play against those those team, that's gonna get in your face and press and mess up your timing because this West Coast offense is a timing offense. You hear, My feet has to match up with their with their routes, My depth has to everything has to be on time. So if I'm at the top of my break, at the top of my drop and I'm ready to release the ball, but they timing got messed up because of the press coverage. And that's how just high out behind the scenes. This is how defensers look at this. Ohways, playing the West Coast offense. Their offense is timing one two three, ball out, one two three four five ball out, one two three four five sixty seven ball out. If I can interrupt that timing in any way, shape or form. Now that quarterback gets to the top of his drop, and you see it so often Dak Prescott, it's oh, I'm looking for the next guy Timing's off linemen are blocking for one two, three, four five. In their minds, balls should be out, so they may even take a breath on their blocking. Guys have leaky coverage, have leaky uh pockets, Guys get in sacks, tips, stuff like that. So that's the part when teams begin to press the cowboys that makes their timing off. So if they're not, they have to change one of the two how they do things or the players, and they're asking to run it because if they don't, we'll be back in the situation saying they lost another game. They should have lost that game. But these are some of the reasons.
Speaker 4: Why did I just see on TV?
Speaker 11: What what I thought?
Speaker 4: I say, they just suspended this kid from one of the Sorry's late hits.
Speaker 11: Kareem Jackson. Yes, I think for him, he's a he's a he's repeat defender.
Speaker 4: A big offender.
Speaker 2: So they're gonna start suspending people for hitting folks too hard in football games that I didn't see the whole thing.
Speaker 4: I didn't see the playout.
Speaker 7: On play that he got suspended on. I guess because he done did he don't got fined nine.
Speaker 4: Of a ninety.
Speaker 7: Come on, man, Yeah, if that was our money, we would be a little upset or come on out his money.
Speaker 4: They suspended in four games for that hit.
Speaker 3: Come on with did you see the Yeah, it just looked like a hard football hit to me.
Speaker 4: Had in that area. And he's a repeaterd fro the defensive receiver. So mm hmm. Football is changing, fellas man done changed?
Speaker 9: Man?
Speaker 4: All right, I thought I saw that. I just want to make sure.
Speaker 2: That's why I wanted I didn't want to not talking about Kareem saying, but spended Kareem Jackson for the Broncos on the hit on the Packers receiver.
Speaker 11: So all right, fellas.
Speaker 4: It's so good to be back together. I'm so glad we got our show back. I love everybody else.
Speaker 3: So you small enough before your legs in that chair, I might put both of them up.
Speaker 4: I put one on it for sure. He's the little guy man. Yeah, they put all three of them anyway. Ago, Chris, that.
Speaker 3: Keep it, Chris coming, You tell the wife, Actually, Kurts, you got four kids.
Speaker 4: Be back tomorrow. What are we doing tomorrow?
Speaker 11: Cowboys of Offense, Chargers Defense.
Speaker 4: We get to talk about Aaron Donald. I'll show tomorrow. We can talk about it. One as we were talking about.
Speaker 11: Talking about a few moments that would look good at the place.
Speaker 3: Hanging with the boys is back the people show see you tomorrow.
Speaker 4: This has been a
Speaker 1: Production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.