Speaker 1: It's mediat Podcast.
Speaker 2: Welcome to Meat Eater Trivia, the only game show where conservation always wins. I'm your host, Spencer new Arthan. Today we're joined by Alyssa Chili Chester, Christine, Corey, Logan, Hansei and Mackenzie. This is a ten round quiz show with questions from meat eaters four verticals which are hunting, fishing, conservation and cooking, and there is a prize. Meat Eater will donate five hundred dollars to the conservation organization of the winners choosing and for the stat of the week this week, we're looking at the number one hundred and twenty three. That's how many combined games today's players have been in without ever winning. As because this this is a special show and one that we're calling the Jabbroni Game. Let me explain. In professional wrestling, there used to be wrestlers whose job was to just show up and lose. Those wrestlers would go city to city each night and collect a paycheck for getting pinned by these stars like Haul Cogan and Ultimate Warrior.
Speaker 3: They were initially.
Speaker 2: Referred to as jobbers, but eventually the industry started calling them Jabebroni's. The term became so popular that dictionary dot Com even has a definition for it, which is quote a wrestler whose purpose is to lose matches in order to build up the status and fame of the headliners. So today we're celebrating the jabebronis of meat Eatter Trivia. A collection of players who show up with a great attitude even though they know they'll never pin Brody or Randall or Steve. But after today's game, one of them will earn their first victory.
Speaker 4: If it were wrestling, you would, would you would? Yeah? Yeah, I already pinned Stevens.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, he tried wrestling me.
Speaker 5: So every time you send the invites out and for the games before this, did you just go into that thinking of like, oh, who do I want to lose today?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 6: Yeah, And I haven't gotten my paycheck for yeah, out of one hundred and twenty three games, I'm wondering where those one hundred and twenty three paychecks have gone.
Speaker 2: I could tell you Chester is responsible for forty of those one hundred and twenty three games.
Speaker 3: So you're the biggest loser, to be.
Speaker 2: Fair to Chester, though, the smallest he'd win in wrestling though, But Chester did win the Billings Live event, which was four questions. They were all about Montana for the purpose of today's show, though, Chester, yeah.
Speaker 7: I kind of stopped, like, you know, feeling bad. Oh yeah, good before I just get defeated. But as the list pointed out, you either know him or you don't because.
Speaker 5: You read all those Reddit book pages you can you can't read the reddit stuff.
Speaker 1: I never do that.
Speaker 2: Chester not a Jabbroni in wrestling, but is in meat Eater tribute, So Jabroni's how do you feel about your chances today? Is it Is it comforting to know that there's no Brodie or randall Er Steve here? Or is there like more pre sure?
Speaker 3: Now I didn't know we're gonna get insulted the whole time.
Speaker 2: It okay, Logan doesn't feel great.
Speaker 8: I was more so nervous about coming in if like if I got the lowest score.
Speaker 2: And I well, Phil is usually kind enough to leave you off the leaderboard near the end of the game.
Speaker 3: So yeah, well, now we have a visual leaderboard. So it's.
Speaker 2: Now here's our Infrequently Asked Questions segment. If you have a Trivia related question for our crew, send it to Trivia at the Media dot Com with the subject line, I f a you Rebecca wants to know. Do the players have any rituals before games? Is there anything they do to study? Do they have preferred seats at the table? The seats at the table thing? There's always people like tiptoe around what chairs they should take, right, because I feel like Brody and Randall they kind of have their spots. Alyssa, you're in I think a new spot for you today, right, Okay, she's in Seth's chair. Mackenzie has taken Randall's chair. I think we've got Hansi over here in like Brody or Steve's chair. Does anybody do anything to study before met eater trivia?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 8: I have before. I've looked at like maps of the river okay, waterways?
Speaker 2: Uh huh?
Speaker 8: Has it helped me out?
Speaker 2: What's what's like a weakness in your map? Looking at geography wise, it's like East coast for sure.
Speaker 8: I know nothing about the East Coast.
Speaker 2: I think this room in general, medieater trivia players in general in our Bozeman office, anything east of the Mississippi River. Yeah, you don't know much.
Speaker 8: Mountain men are also hard, Tom.
Speaker 2: Now we have some housekeeping to get to. In a previous game of trivia, I asked a question about the genus of plants commonly used in food plots that includes turnips and radishes. The correct answer was Brassica's, which I got from the National Deer Association, but about five listeners wrote in to correct me, saying that those are in the family Brasica, not in the genus Brasica. There is a brask genus that includes turnips and radishes that includes turnips, but radishes are in the genus Rafanis. So it's the Braska family that includes turnips and radishes, not the Braska genus. That mistake was a Jabbroni move by me. The Shelby index for today is a five, so I'm putting us on perfect score alert. With that, we're onto the game of trivia. Play the drop phil, Look, I need to know what I stand and wind everything. How's that? Just tend to win everything?
Speaker 9: Demon Suckers.
Speaker 3: Question one.
Speaker 2: The topic is public lands, and this will be multiple choice. Which of these national parks gets the most visitors? Is it Yosemite Crater, Lake Arches, or Big Bend. Which of these national parks gets the most visitors? Yosemite Crater, Lake, Arches or Big Bend. It's not the most visitors of all the national parks. It's the most visitors of these four choices, Yosemite, Crater Lake, Arches, and Big Bend.
Speaker 3: Spencer.
Speaker 10: We were all curious before this round if you were going to take it easy on us today or if these are just the same questions.
Speaker 2: I tried to get the Shelby index to a five, and I accomplish that, so I'd say they're may be slightly easier than normal, but it's still a normal game of trivia. If players score well, they should still feel good about that. Does everybody have an answer? Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Alyssa and Corey and Christine and Mackenzie. The entire room says Yosemite.
Speaker 3: They got it. The correct answer.
Speaker 11: Is it was the very popular national park in America, with four million visitors each year.
Speaker 2: Arches is twenty first with one point five million people, Crater Lake is thirty seventh with six hundred thousand people, and Big Bend is fortieth with five hundred thousand people. The National Park System had three hundred and twenty five million visitors in twenty twenty three. Has anybody beended those four national parks Yosemite, Crater, Lake Arches, Big Bend.
Speaker 8: All of them, think they've been to them all.
Speaker 2: Yosemite was Yosemite as busy as the sixth busiest national park. Did it feel like that?
Speaker 9: It was really busy. I actually have a story about Yosemite in college. I always wanted to go there. And freshman year at college, the professor had like a question every time you come in. He'd be like, I have a new question for you. And the question on the first day of class was what national park do you want to visit on your bucket list? And I was like, Oh, I've always wanted to visit Yazamite National Park. And the next class, the question was what's something you've learned that you didn't know before? And I learned that Yazamai is pronounced Yosebody.
Speaker 3: And then you went there, and then I went there.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and it was very busy to answer your question.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Question two the topic is hunting. This next great question is via Jordan Simpson. What Shawnee word means white rump and is often used as a synonym for elk. What Shawnee word means quote, white rump, and is often used as a synonym for elk.
Speaker 8: Chili must have really known this one.
Speaker 2: Chili and Chester and Corey are very confident. All right, Logan, do you have this one right?
Speaker 6: I think so?
Speaker 2: Okay, Logan is confident as well. Hansie and the girls not so much. What Shawnee word means white rump and is often used as a synonym for elk.
Speaker 6: I should hope Corey gets this one right.
Speaker 3: He's got a elk an.
Speaker 12: Tattoo on his arm.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, I'm working on getting an elk.
Speaker 3: But next.
Speaker 2: Are you gonna put the elk berr on my stomach?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: Bomer? What Shawnee word means white rump and is often used as a synonym for elk. Is that your only tattoo?
Speaker 3: Corey? It is?
Speaker 2: Yeah, You're gonna add a second one? Ever you think or just sticking with the elk.
Speaker 10: I've always thought about it, but I mean, nothing's come to me. Yeah, you know I want to put on my body for the rest of my life.
Speaker 2: Is everybody ready? M Yeah, go ahead and reveal your answers.
Speaker 3: We have a lessen.
Speaker 2: Corey and Christine say Mackenzie's a stag. Chili Logan Chester and HANSI say wappa t they got it. The correct answer is wappa Ta. Early settlers often referred to elk as America's red deer, Canada stag, round horned stag, and stag of the Americas. They also called them by the Shawnee word wapati, as well as the name that eventually stuck, which is elk. Elk was the accepted name by the time Lewis and Clark set sail, which they referred to five hundred and seventy times in their journals.
Speaker 5: Does anybody know about the elk in Mongolia? Aren't there the only elk with the name wapaty like in its official name.
Speaker 2: I think there's a lot of confusion between North America and Europe, like I think our elk are their moose or moose are there? It's something like that's confused, but both continents have messed each other up in the naming. Here's question three. The topic is conservation. This next great question is via John Schlessinger. This conservation group is named after a wildlife artist who made four hundred and thirty five life size paintings of North American birds.
Speaker 3: Is question three.
Speaker 2: The topic is conservation This conservation group is named after a wildlife artist who made four hundred and thirty five life size paintings of North American birds, Alyssa. Do you have this one right? Okay, you have it all right. We're looking for the name of the conservation group and it's named after a wildlife artist who made four hundred and thirty five life size paintings of North American birds, Alyssa. The only one with an answer so far.
Speaker 8: I'm cruising for a bruiser. This is not gonna be good.
Speaker 2: Chester and Hansie joining a LISTA now with an answer. You need to tell me the name of the conservation group. Was this a fans the middle question? This is via John Schlessing? Or does that help you? Chick?
Speaker 7: John?
Speaker 3: No, it does not. I just Hanse, do you have one?
Speaker 2: Hansie and Chester are now comparing answers with oh and Logan saw something? Okays agree with each other?
Speaker 3: Could you move that board just like Joe K.
Speaker 2: Chester's nodding his head yes, him and him and Hansei agree on the answer. This conservation group. It's named after a wildlife artist who made four hundred and thirty five life size paintings of North American birds. Glad Randall's not in this room.
Speaker 12: You get this.
Speaker 2: One's gotta be Bob Ross, Alyssa, Chester and Hansie the only folks with an answer. Doesn't count right spelling, It does not count.
Speaker 3: I don't even know.
Speaker 8: I'm usually corny.
Speaker 2: Christine Chili logan, you're run not of time, guys, give up.
Speaker 5: I'm a.
Speaker 2: Christine is done writing. We will flip over the boards.
Speaker 3: Go ahead and reveal your answers.
Speaker 2: We have, Alyssa saying Audubon Society. Christine says, Kelsey's Mom Foundation. Okay, Mackenzie says Audubon Society. Chile without an answer, Logan without an answer. Chester says autobond, which is is that the freeway in Germany that doesn't have a speed limit? Is that what that's called? And Hansi says Audubon Society. They got it, and we'll give it to Chester for Audubon. It's the National Audubon Society.
Speaker 3: John James Audubon.
Speaker 2: Is one of America's first and most prolific wildlife artists. His seminal work was painting one thousand and sixty five birds from four hundred and eighty nine species for his the Birds of America collection, but the group that is named after him has distanced themselves from Autubon in recent years due to revelations that he committed academic fraud, plagiarism, and owned slaves. Question four. The topic is cooking. This next great question is via Ali Spangler. The spruce Eats describes this eight letter word as a quote culinary technique that secures the bird's wings and legs tightly to its body using twine. The spruce Eats describes this eight letter word as a culinary technique that secures the bird's wings and legs tightly to its body using twine. This is question four. Spelling does not matter that I've told you you need eight letters, so hopefully your answer also has eight letters. Hansey is confident, Logan, you have this one right potentially.
Speaker 13: You know, when like a word comes in your head and you use it and you're like, I don't really know where that word came from, but.
Speaker 3: It's like in my head.
Speaker 2: You think you've used this one.
Speaker 3: Hopefully, hopefully this is the right word.
Speaker 2: Okay. Hansei said that he has it right, right, Hans, I think so, okay, Hans. He was saying before the game of trivia that if there's ever a topic of wine, he will win. He is a what is a small ya? No?
Speaker 6: No, I know I'd like to pursue that someday, but okay, no, I'm amateur.
Speaker 2: I'm just an amateur. Yeah, you know, A.
Speaker 8: What we should host a meet or wine tasting with wild game?
Speaker 2: I won't say no. The spruce eat describes this eight letter word an ordinary technique that secures the bird's wings and legs tightly to its body using twine.
Speaker 8: I feel like this is so obvious and I'm gonna be so frustrated when we all turn over our boards. Can you tell me if over time the Shelby index as in, like, I guess your wife's skills have gotten better?
Speaker 2: Do you think gotten better? Question? I don't know. I feel like it's still accurate gotten better. She has the most exposure to my brain, so she'll know, like when I've just watched a documentary on whales, like some dish that I just made, you know, two weeks ago at home, so that gives her a big advantage. I don't know that she's gotten better. I would say she's still just as good, and the Shelby index is still just as accurate.
Speaker 6: Do you have the same amount of leniency with her answers as you do like Randall's or Brodie's.
Speaker 2: Oh more, Yeah, I mean she gets half points. No one in the podcast studio has ever received half point So yes, she she has more leniency do you give her? She takes her time, but oftentimes she like knows that she's not going to know it, and so we move on very quickly. So she'll just give a frustrated answer in that sense. Is everybody right now, go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Alyssa saying smatchcock, straight jacket, Christine and Mackenzie and Chile without an answer, Logan says trusting, Chester without an answer. Hansie says trusting. The correct answer is trusting Logan and Hansie got it right.
Speaker 6: Can we give a half point to Corey for straight jacket?
Speaker 2: The purpose of trusting a piece of meat is to help it cook more evenly. It's a commonly used technique when cooking turkeys, ducks, geese, and roast. For a venicson recipe that needs trusting, watch Col's video on the medeater dot com called how to make a French Cut Venison rib Roast. Question five. The topic is fishing. A backlash of tangled line in a bait caster reel is often referred to by this two word nickname. Okay. Alyssa is familiar with the nickname for a backlash of tangled line in a bait caster reel that's referred to by this two word nickname. Chester. Do you have this one right?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: Okay. Chester and Alyssa are confident. Hansey, you have this one right. Corey looks like he has it right.
Speaker 3: Jillie, you got this one. I believe a big fish you have this one?
Speaker 2: Who refers to you by that Oka?
Speaker 10: I feel like it's not limited to just a bait casting, don't.
Speaker 2: That's where it's maybe the most prolific, though big casters are tough.
Speaker 6: Man up.
Speaker 2: A backlash of tangled line and a baked caster reel is often referred to by this two word nickname. This is question five. We'll get a scoreboard update from filled the engineers.
Speaker 8: Am I really before I should know this?
Speaker 6: Everyone's you've picked up a fly.
Speaker 10: That's when it usually happens.
Speaker 2: Chester and Corey are applying some pressure to.
Speaker 8: I feel like that's what my dad called it growing up.
Speaker 2: Is everybody ready?
Speaker 3: Go ahead and reveal your answers.
Speaker 2: We have a listen. Listen saying rats nest, Christine saying bad snag, Mackenzie says ship show, Chili says birds nest, Logan says rats nest, shird's nest, hans the bird's nest. The correct answers are birds nest or rats nest. Will give as either one.
Speaker 8: I'd like to thank my dad for never calling it the correct name and just cussing.
Speaker 2: A bird came from a bird's nest. Occurs while casting when your lure slows down but the spool keeps spinning. Usually it's the result of user air, but can sometimes be a mechanical issue due to a faulty drag or break. Although some birds nest can be fixed by pulling the line or reeling the line, they often require some nifty knife work. Phil, we're halfway through the game of trivia. Give us a scoreboard update.
Speaker 8: I don't want to know.
Speaker 6: There.
Speaker 2: We are.
Speaker 13: All right, Hey, everyone's doing pretty well. You got Christine and Mackenzie at two points apiece unlessa Corey and Chili have three, Logan and Chester have four and in first place with a perfect game.
Speaker 4: It's all right, one of us is going to win here.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 2: Question six the topic is cooking. What's the Greek yogurt based dip that's made with cucumber, garlic, lemon, dill, and mint. Spelling does not count this question six. The topic is cooking, what's the Greek yogurt based dip that's made with cucumber, garlic, lemon, dill, and mint. Cory in your guiding days, did you see some bad rats nests on your boat? For sure?
Speaker 10: Yeah, but I was just a fly fishing guide, so that's where I meant.
Speaker 3: I mean it happens in.
Speaker 6: All Sure, happens a lot at the end of the rod on a fly rod.
Speaker 2: I feel like.
Speaker 6: I got one on Sunday.
Speaker 3: How that end?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 6: You know, like all birds nest and with some clipping?
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah rats?
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I'd like to know the average amount of time that everyone spends on it before they just clip it, or if anyone's gotten to the point where they're just smart enough to clip it before even trying.
Speaker 6: Sometimes you just like you're just like locked into trying before even though you know the answer, you just like are frustrated, like.
Speaker 8: Maybe this is gonna be the time that I get it right.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I think we saw a few rats nests in here and birds nests, so uh yeah, maybe there's some geography involved.
Speaker 6: I've never heard rats nest either.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: What's the Greek yogurt based dip that's made with cucumber, garlic, lemon, dill and mint. Looks like, HANSI will keep the perfect game going, Chili and Chest. You're not as confident, you boys, give up.
Speaker 4: I feel like I'm gonna be kicking myself.
Speaker 6: Yes, it's a cucumber, garlic, lemon, dill, and mint sauce.
Speaker 2: That is everybody read, Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Melissa with her board upside down in our own Corey Christine Mackenzie saying to Zeke special and Chester without an answer. Logan says to Heiny. Hansie says to Zeke the correct answer to Zeke, we're not going to give it to Logan to Heine is very different. Isn't that like a spice that you like?
Speaker 13: It's like like.
Speaker 2: Clarify the spelling is and you guys watch your board to tell me if you got it right.
Speaker 4: T z A t.
Speaker 8: Z I K I do I get an extra point for.
Speaker 2: Don't get an extra point, but will give you a give special points and Hans spell did you spell it right? As well?
Speaker 5: Okay, Nikolsa is five for five on her board being upside down.
Speaker 3: Yeah once, come on.
Speaker 2: Tzeke was invented by the Ottoman Empire hundreds of years ago. According to one Greek chef, more garlic in Greece is used to make to zeke than any other dish in the nation's cuisine. For a recipe that used it, check out Danielle Preuitt's article on the medeater dot com called Venison Smash Euros. Question seven, the topic is hunting. This next great question is via Nick Dobrick. What state requires non residents to have a guide when hunting big game in designated wilderness areas?
Speaker 8: Hopeful?
Speaker 2: What state requires non residents to have a guide when hunting big game in designated wilderness areas?
Speaker 3: Many of our players.
Speaker 2: Look confident, but not Hansei, who has a perfect game through six questions?
Speaker 3: Do you know this one or you're just going to be making a guess?
Speaker 2: I'm guessing what state requires non residents to have a guide when hunting big game in designated wilderness? Areas a fairly confident room. Mackenzie said she knows this one. Chili, you know this one in the book. Okay, Chester, Corey, I'm also confident.
Speaker 3: Christine.
Speaker 2: Do you have this one?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 13: Right?
Speaker 2: Do you have this? Is everybody ready? Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Alissa saying Alaska. Corey says Wyoming, Christine Alaska, Mackenzie Wyoming, Chili Alaska, Logan Alaska, Chester Alaska, Hansi Alaska. The correct answer is Ioming. Mackenzie and Corey get that one right. Hansi's perfect game is gone focus fullshit areas totaling more than three million acres of public land. A non resident can hike, camp, and fish these areas on their own, but if they're hunting, they're required to be with a guide or resident companion. Brody Henderson declared it one of America's worst game laws, and a twenty nineteen article titled the West's Worst hunting Law, which you can read on the meadeater dot com.
Speaker 3: Question eight.
Speaker 2: The topic is fishing. This is our listener question of the Week, which was won by Derek Antosh for setting this great question. Derek is going to get a board game signed by the crew. If you want a chance to win the listener Question of the Week, then send your question to Trivia at the meadeater dot com. What's the common name for decompression sickness which can happen to spear fishermen who rise from deep water too quickly? This is question eight. The topic is fishing, and it's our listener question of the week. What's the common name for decompression sickness which can happen to spearfishermen who rise from deep water too quickly?
Speaker 8: Has anyone in here ever had that?
Speaker 2: I don't think we have a lot of spear fishermen in this room.
Speaker 14: We got the Old South to Wah a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 5: For those of you who don't know, that's the barracuda we've done.
Speaker 9: That was your first time spearfishing? Was that your first time spearfishing?
Speaker 2: Okay, you've witnessed somebody have decompression sickness? And how did that go?
Speaker 4: Cal?
Speaker 2: Okay, you just lightheaded.
Speaker 7: Basically not there just a little bit, but it wasn't It wasn't bad.
Speaker 8: How long did take from like come back to normal?
Speaker 13: Not long?
Speaker 10: Like?
Speaker 2: I mean, he's still not back to to this day.
Speaker 8: Weird.
Speaker 2: What's what's the common name for decompression sickness which can happen to spear fishermen who rides from deep water too quickly? Is everybody ready? Oh, Chili, the the only certified spear fisherman may not have this.
Speaker 5: Okay, I don't know names, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, you reveal your answers.
Speaker 2: We have Alyssa saying death, Corey and Mackenzie say the benz, Chili without an answer, Logan and Chester and Hansie saying the bends.
Speaker 3: They got it.
Speaker 2: The correct answer is the benz or barrow trauma?
Speaker 3: And how do you spell it?
Speaker 14: B E D b E N D S because I know myself pretty well and that's not something that so don't see myself ever having to retain that.
Speaker 2: The benz is a potentially life threatening condition that occurs when dissolved gases form bubbles in your bloodstream during rapid decompression. It happens when someone moves quickly from an area of high pressure to low pressure, such as a diver coming to the surface too fast, or when flying in an unpressurized aircraft. It's estimated that about a dozen people die each year from Barrow trauma. Phil, we have two questions left. Give us a leader board update.
Speaker 13: I should have been prepared for this.
Speaker 9: Here we go.
Speaker 13: Whoop, all right, shit, Jilly here in last place three points, so sorry, Alyssa. Christine you have four, Mackenzie and Logan and Chester all have five points apiece. Corey has six and still in first place seven points.
Speaker 3: It's HANSI questions.
Speaker 2: HANSI to slip up. We have a few players is left in the game. This question on the topic is conservation. The Natural History Museum describes the one hundred and sixty mile demilitarized zone between these two countries as a quote haven for rare animals. Huh, your answer will be two countries. The Natural History Museum describes the one hundred and sixty mile demilitarized zone between these two countries as a haven for rare animals. So your answer will be two countries. Chili looks very confident.
Speaker 5: Yeah, most confident I've ever been cotton.
Speaker 2: Okay, the History Museum.
Speaker 3: There's a hit from Chili.
Speaker 4: Sorry.
Speaker 2: The Natural History Museum describes the one hundred and sixty mile demilitarized zone between these two countries as quote a haven for rare animals. Chili is confident, and he's the only one. Corey has joined in with an answer, Corey, do you think you have this one right?
Speaker 3: That's a really good guess.
Speaker 2: Okay, we need Corey to have a really good guess and get this one right. We need Hansey to get it wrong to tie them up going into our final question, or we gonna have Hansey get the last two wrong and we have a handful of players with five points who could come back and catch him as well.
Speaker 3: That would be fun.
Speaker 5: There's definitely different ways you could phrase this question.
Speaker 2: Chili, you don't need to help out your players anymore here, No, let him go on, please.
Speaker 3: Well, okay, I'll cover it out.
Speaker 2: Okay. This is the Natural History Museum describes the one hundred and sixty mile demilitarized zone between these two countries as a haven for rare animals. The topic is conservation. This is question nine, and Chili's been there. Chile Is says he's been one of these places.
Speaker 8: Everybody, I don't even know these two countries each other.
Speaker 2: Okay, go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Alyssa saying Russia. I don't even want to say North and South Korea.
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Christine says North and South Korea says and Usbekistan. Chile says North Korea, South Korea. Logan north Korea, South Korea. Chester says Russia and the USA. Kanzi says North and South Korea. The two countries are North Korea and South Korea. It's our players did pretty well. The Korean DMZ was established in nineteen fifty three as a buffer between the two feuding countries. The area that's one hundred and sixty miles long and two and a half miles wide is largely void of humans, which has in turn made it a wildlife sanctuary. It's estimated that over one hundred endangered species live in this strip of land, including musk deer, Manchurian trout, red crowned red crowned cranes, Korean fox, and, according to some reports, the Siberian tiger and a moor leopard.
Speaker 4: Chile.
Speaker 2: What do you have to tell us about South Korea and North Korea their border?
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, I think if well, a lot of people got the question right. But if you would have said DMZ, I think more people would have got the question right. But you also could refer to the DMZ as a thirty eighth parallel, which is it's the same spot, that's the same line, but there for the thirtieth parallel.
Speaker 2: I think we had five players get it right.
Speaker 5: But for all you losers at home, they're gonna get that wrong.
Speaker 2: Now here's an answer. Here's an answer review for our listeners at home. One was Yosemite, two Wapati three, National Audubon Society, four, Trusting, five Birds nest Or Rats Nest six to Zeke seven, Wyoming, eight, the Bens, and nine North and South Korea. Question ten, we have Hansey leading Cory by one. They are the only players left in the game.
Speaker 3: Question ten, the topic is gear.
Speaker 15: What does m o A stand for as in a scopes m o A. Oh no, again, we need Corey to get this right, Hansey to get this wrong to face to force overtime. Hansey with eight correct answers Cory with seven. The topic is gear what does m o A shot.
Speaker 12: M o A?
Speaker 3: Corey, do you have this one right?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I oh, Corey has it right.
Speaker 8: Hansei.
Speaker 2: We're gonna need have a good guess for what m oh a stands for. Chili is also confident as well as Chester and Logan Alsten, do you have this one right as well? Okay, what's that board saying the suck at Chili? HANSI m o a Logan? You just naturally like that?
Speaker 13: Or you just I spent a lot of time in the sun jealous.
Speaker 9: I was wondering how hard I gotta try? Right now?
Speaker 2: Hansie, how are we doing?
Speaker 6: Not great spencer?
Speaker 3: Not great hand? Have you been to overtime before?
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 2: Kind of it was in that to qualify for the med Eater Trivia champion That was kind of Corey. Have you been to overtime? Yes?
Speaker 3: You have?
Speaker 2: Okay, do you remember the question? Do you remember where you came up at?
Speaker 10: I don't remember the question at all, but I got it right? Oh you got yeah the championship round.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, So you've both been to overtime. I just qualify for the Media Trivia Championship in twenty twenty three. What does A stand for? Do you give out? Honsey? Yeah, go ahead and reveal your answers. We have ALYSSA saying measure of accuracy Corey, minute of angle, Christine Miles, over accuracy Mackenzie, median ocular adjustment Chili minutes of angle Logan and Chester minutes of angle, Hansey says, Mills over angle, the correct answer is minute of angle. That means we're going to overtime, play the drop film.
Speaker 13: Last.
Speaker 10: I think just cut it at if you ain't first your last and then like going to other stuff.
Speaker 2: That's funny.
Speaker 3: I never liked a Phil cough Man.
Speaker 2: Hansei and Corey going into overtime with eight correct answers. This will be a numerical question. Whoever's closest between the two of you will be declared the winner, but the other six players will still come up with an answer. In case somebody gets it right on the nose, then meat Eater will add an extra one hundred dollars donation at the end of the game. The tie breaking topic is hunting. What's the most beards on a turkey that's entered in the National Wild Turkey Federation record books? What's the most beards on a turkey that's entered in the NWTF record books? Down to Corey and hanseific.
Speaker 3: Corey, how.
Speaker 2: Many turkeys have you killed in your day?
Speaker 6: Two?
Speaker 2: Okay, Hansei, how many of you killed?
Speaker 9: Four?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 3: Advantage? Hansey.
Speaker 2: Then for for this question, just how many beards the most beards on a turkey that's entered in the n w t F record books. The closest between Corey and Hansey will be declared. The Winner's rethinking his answer. He raised the entire.
Speaker 6: Answer, what's the most.
Speaker 3: With your gut?
Speaker 8: Two?
Speaker 2: Three?
Speaker 9: Really mm hmm answer.
Speaker 2: It's everybody ready, but what was that last question? Chester is changing his answer, okay, oh, and Chili changing his answer. Sitting here much longer, Everyone's going to change her answer. I can, okay. Alyssa is going to be the last one to change her answer, and then we're just kidding.
Speaker 3: Go ahead and reveal your answers.
Speaker 2: We have Alyssa saying five, Christine four, Mackenzie six, Chili five, Logan four, Chester nine, and two players left. Hansei says five. Corey says four. Oh my gosh, the correct answer it is thirteen.
Speaker 3: Making winner.
Speaker 2: I don't have a picture of them, but I think you can see it on the NWTF website that Gobbler was killed by an eleven year old in Pennsylvania in twenty seventeen. The longest beard was ten inches.
Speaker 4: Of course it was a child, even year old.
Speaker 2: Thirteen bears Hansie is our winner, Hansei. You get to choose with the five hundred dollars donation from me. Eater goes. What's it going to be?
Speaker 6: No, can you remind me what the options are?
Speaker 2: Any conservation group you think, you know folks, podcast hunters, fishers, and anglers would enjoy be anything that supports public lands, that is pro hunting, that likes to give fishermen access. You got lots of choices out there, Hansey. And if you don't come up with anything by the fault, you can just give it to the Meat Eater Land Access Initiative, which does all of the above. No, I got I got this.
Speaker 6: I just started drafting my duck camp email for the same group of folks that come out every year and go duck hunting, and so I'm gonna go.
Speaker 2: Delta Waterfowl, Delta waterfle.
Speaker 6: Because it's on my mind and they do some good stuff.
Speaker 2: How big is the duck camp going to be in twenty twenty four?
Speaker 6: You think it varies, But it's been as small as it's been, as small as too and as big as like fifteen, So every year is a little bit different. But I'd say average is like seven.
Speaker 2: I would be extremely confident that HANSI is a great duck camp post.
Speaker 6: I like hosting duck camp. Yeah, I wouldn't say I'm good at it, but I do like it.
Speaker 2: Now you can tell those folks in your email that you won Meat Eater Trivia and you're no longer a Jabbroni and you get five hundred dollars to Delta Waterfowl.
Speaker 6: Can I go back to getting a being Abroni if I get a check for.
Speaker 2: Does not work? Or?
Speaker 3: Are there seven players?
Speaker 2: Though? Will be here next time that we have a Gabbroni episode?
Speaker 3: Questions Join us next time?
Speaker 2: Trivia the only game show where conservation always wins.
Speaker 1: Yes, Spencer from South Dakota. He's the host using those smooth, mellow tones. He lays them questions down. He likes taking those two and three year old bucks. It is an avid amateur
Speaker 2: Lock