Speaker 1: What's that at bed? It's spooky and you ki, I'm pretty sure it's said he's coming this way.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute, half I.
Speaker 1: Said, nyros dress as e please Hey Boomah's dress falsire. Okay, I'm pretty sure I got ghosted this weekend. Not positive, but about ninety five percent sure. I'll tell you the story in just a moment. Here's what happened. Okay, Friday, I'm looking at my calendar. It's Friday, It's the weekend. I've got nothing going on. So I call up my friend Johnny Reinhart, who's one of my closest friends, a fabulous drag live singer, honestly one of the best I've ever seen. And you should actually go follow Johnny Reinhardt j O N N I E R E I N H A r T amazing, amazing performer, but also amazing friend. And you'll understand why by the end of the story. So called Johnny and I'm like, Johnny, I got nothing to do this weekend. Johnny's like, I got nothing to do this weekend. So we're sitting here brainstorming what should we do? Maybe we should go to Vegas. Maybe, Oh, here's an idea. Let's go stay in a haunted hotel. And so Johnny's all on board for this, and yeah, in theory, I'm like, yeah, I want to stay in a haunted hotel for my booze, for my listeners. You guys deserve to hear my story of me saying in a haunted hotel. I'll do it for you guys. Didn't you know, I didn't think about it much. I didn't think about the fact that I was going to be sleeping in a room that a ghost lives in. I just thought, yeah, we'll go to a haunted place. I didn't realize, like, you know, I need a full eight hours. So I find I'm searching for haunted hotels in southern California, and I find this one in a town called Julian and it's San Diego County. I think it took us about an hour from San Diego, and it's this place called the Julian gold Rush Hotel. And basically what I read online is that it's haunted, that it's haunted by a man named Albert Robinson. He and his wife, Margaret were freed slaves and they actually built this well, there was this building that was a bakery and a tavern, and they turned it into the Hotel Robinson in eighteen ninety seven, and then Albert died in nineteen fifteen. His wife sold it in nineteen twenty one, and then eventually the new owners opened up this, you know, they changed the name and turn it into the Julian gold Rush Hotel. So the ghost stories that I'm reading about are that in room ten, which was his room, freshly made beds unmake themselves. There's the impression of somebody sitting on the bed, but there's nobody there. People often smell pipe smoke because he loved to smoke a pipe pipe tobacco. There's cold spots, slamming doors, windows opening and closing, and apparently Elbert is also really you know, he likes to play jokes on people or something like. He likes to hide people's things and put them in different parts of the hotel. And apparently there was like another ghost we start reading about that. At one point there was sightings of balls of fire speeding around the hotel from the outside windows and windows breaking. And then there was some other story we read about there was an exorcism, and now that spirit is gone, but now just the nice spirit who's Elbert. He's still there. I'm not really sure, but I'm like, this sounds great. So we book a room and we head on down to San Diego on Saturday. So I'm like calling the place just to confirm the reservation and they're like, oh, yeah, we'll see you Sunday, and I'm like, are you. We're like almost in San Diego, and I'm like, damn it, I'm so stupid. I was so excited that I accidentally booked the wrong day. So I'm like, great, well, we're ready in San Diego. So let's just you know, find a room and we'll go to other haunted places in San Diego. So we go to the Walley House, which is, you know, super duper popular in the paranormal world. A lot of those TV shows have been to the Whaley House. And we could do a whole nother episode about the Whaley House if you haven't heard of it or been there. But it's this house in old town San Diego, and you know, it was not only the home of the Whaley family, but it was also where they had the county courthouse at one time and San Diego's first commercial theater. There's a general store, a ballroom, a billiard hall, a school. You know, it was a whole thing, and it's apparently been haunted for years. The first ghost that haunted it was named Yankee Jim James Robinson, who was convicted of attempted grand larceny and in in eighteen fifty two he was hanged on a gallows off the back of a wagon on the site where the house now is. So then when the Whalyes were living there was already haunted, and now it's haunted by the Whaley family as well. By there was the suicide a Violet Whaley in eighteen eighty five. There was Anna Whaley who ps my favorite TV show, Celebrity Ghost Stories. Regis Philbin was on and he told the story of a time when he stayed at the Whaley House when he was like a young reporter, I believe, and he was did by the spirit of Anna Whaley. And then there's also Thomas Willie. There's it's very haunted. Anyway, so we go there. We didn't realize that it was Comic Con weekend, so it was real tough to find a hotel room. Very much Mary and Joseph's situation as we're looking for an end. We finally eventually found some place, but we didn't. We didn't realize that going in. So we go to the Whaley House. It's a little bit busy, it's kind of a touristy destination. Unfortunately, no paranormal activity happened that we experienced. I had been there before and I can't remember anything happening there. Maybe the ghosts were at Comic Con, I don't know. But so then we go over to the hotel at Coronado, which is one of my favorite places in the world, and I've stayed there before and it's also haunted, they say, but and I wanted to get a room there. But I was like talking to a lady that worked there, and she wasn't really sure what I was. I was asking her about ghosts, and she was like, what now, I don't know about that. So I was just like, never mine, It's fine, I'll come back some other time. So that was the first day. So then we go to Julian, amazing town, wonderful. Just you know, you get off of the main freeway and you go like a couple twenty two miles or something down this windy country road basically until you get to this beautiful town of Julian, and it's basically where we were saying. It's like one street and it's kind of an old town, and there's different restaurants and stores, and then there's a couple of bed and breakfasts and the Julian gold Rush Hotel is at the end of the street. And so we go there. And I want to make it very very clear that you know, I I'm in kind of a weird predicament because I don't think that the business itself wants people to talk about the ghosts so much. I mean, I don't think they can control what people will say about their experience, but I don't They're not the kind of venue that's like, come on in, we've got ghosts. So I do want to say that my experience there was amazing. All of the employees at work there were so good. It really felt like you're home, like they treated us so well. There was a tea time, it was delicious little treats and tea and coffee and just a clean place. And I could not honestly five stars on Yelp. I loved my experience there. However, I did know that it was haunted because I was told by the Internet. So we go there, we check in, we get the Haunted room, Room ten. We requested it, they had it, and I said to the lady is it haunted? And she said, I don't like talking about that stuff. And I was like, but is it? And she was like, do you want it to be? And I was like kinda, and she's like, then it is. So we go up to the room. It's very small. It's just like a bad and there's a bathroom and there's a dresser with a mirror and an ac unit and like a chest that you can hang like, you know, clothing. And as soon as we begin in the room, I'm like, okay, I feel fine, you know. And in case you don't know this about me, I'm not a psychic. I'm not a medium, not a clairvoyant. But I have had many experiences with knowing what it feels like when a ghost is in the room. And I didn't have that feeling. I was just like, Okay, this is great. Maybe the ghost isn't here. And in the back of my mind, I'm like, I don't really want this ghost to be here. I'm fine with it. And Johnny, my friend that I'm with, has never had a paranormal experience, and frankly, I don't know how much he believes it. He believes people like me and other friends of his that have had experiences, so you know, he believes that that truly did happen to us, but you know, he hasn't had it happen for himself. So, you know, so we're just kind of in the room and then we're like, okay, let's like, you know, go wander around the town. And I start getting the feeling in this little tiny room like, oh no, it feels like there's somebody else in here that I can't see. And so I just kind of said, listen, Albert, we mean you no harm. Just please don't scare me whatever you do. And as I said that, I felt a little brush by my leg, just not a hit, nothing like that, just like a brush. And you know, listen, it's possible that I don't know what it was, maybe a bug flew by it. Now I don't think that happened. I don't know. I'm just trying to rationalize because I don't want to. I don't want to make it sound like this place is a big, scary, spooky place to be. But I did feel something on my leg and I freaked out and I was just like, okay, I told this goes not to scare me, and it scared me. Anyway. Maybe he is playful and having a good time, but I'm not so I out of the room and I went outside, and then you know, Johnny hangs out, he takes a shower, and for Johnny, oh he cares. He's just like, you know what, I'm just staying in a hotel, no big deal. As I'm like constantly on edge, and I'm you know, in my mind, I'm thinking this place is haunted. So that's why I say it could be in my head, but I don't know. I'm pretty convinced. So another thing I should mention. On our first day, we had so much free time, and we did a lot of research about Albert Robinson in the hotel, and we did read a lot about how he liked to smoke his pipe and how people smell the pipe smoke. So we're like, you know, it'd be fun if we went to an antique store and got a pipe and got it for him. We can lay it out, maybe we can get some pipe tobacco, leave it there, you know, just sort of let him know. We're friends, we need no harm, we don't want any problems. And so we did get the pipe. We put it out on the dresser, and Johnny decided that he wanted to take the pipe with him downstairs, and like, you know, we've never used one of those pipes before, so we want to see what it was like. So we go down outside and he was like, oh, I guess I don't have the pipe. I thought I brought it with me, and so he's like, okay, let me go back upstairs to get the pipe. And the pipe is sitting on the top of the stairs. Now I don't know, it's a cool Maybe he dropped it out of his pocket. It's possible, but I said to him, you know, did you drop it? And he goes, I feel like I would have heard that. So he goes back upstairs and drops the pipe on the top of the stairs, just to see if he would have heard that sound. And he was like, I feel like I would have heard that. That's very weird. So we don't know what happened there. It was just a little bit strange. But I was like, okay, maybe john is becoming a believer. So we wandered around the town. We come back and Johnny's reading, Oh another thing. Okay. The lady at the front desk, as we talked about being haunted, you know, she said she didn't believe in this stuff. She didn't really want to talk about it. And she did say that there's a notebook in the dresser where people tell their experience of staying in the hotel. So Johnny's reading it. I'm too scared at this point, and he's going, oh, Roszy, you don't want to read this one. Ooh, okay, yeah, you don't want to read this one either. And it's a lot of stuff about people, like when they're sleeping, things happening, and everyone knows you don't mess with Role's dress, but less when she's sleeping. Apparently this ghost has not heard my podcast. So I'm real nervous at this point, and I just got to get out of the room. And so, you know, we're just we have the tea time. It's wonderful. We do a puzzle that they had in the lobby, and it was so much fun. We stayed up, well, we stayed up. You know, at about seven pm. The whole town is just a ghost town. Punintended there's nobody around. It was also a Sunday, and so you know, it feels like it's midnight when it's like eight pm. So we're just like there, you know, doing a puzzle by ourselves in the lobby, and then another employee comes by and she does the night shift, and we're sort of like, so is this place haunted? Like what are the stories? And she was just like, oh, I don't know. I don't want to She's just like, I have to be here alone. I don't want to think about that. And she said, she said, listen, whatever you come to this place for, you will find it. So to me, that means it's haunted. So I didn't have any spooky feelings when we're in the hotel, when we're in the lobby or anything like that. Then we go up to the room and I was like, let's just like watch a movie on your laptop. I'm starting to get a little uneasy, so we put on my favorite movie that I've seen in the past year, Second Act Stirring Jenna for Lopez and Leah Remini, because I knew it would put me in a good mood. So we put it on. We're watching Second act, and I start getting that feeling as we're sitting on we're laying on the bed in this room, must start feeling like, ooh, someone else is here. I don't like that because I knew bedtime was soon, and then the feeling would go away, and that would come back and go away, and I was like, Okay, it's time for bed because I start getting tired. And again, Johnny's just like, we're in a hotel room. I'm gonna go to bed at a reasonable hour and so. And he's someone that can just sleep like a rock, no big deal. But I'm like, well, if I'm going to bed here, the lights are staying on. And he's just like being a real good friend about it, just like okay, fine, whatever. So we got the AC blasting. I'm genuinely sleepy and I'm dozing off. He's dozing off, And every once in a while we'll kind of check in on each other, just everything good, you fine, okay. And the AC's blasting, so you can't really hear much, but every once in a while, you know, I hear somebody walk through the hallway and I just go and then you know, everything's fine, and I get so scared at this point that I'm just like, I'm pulling the covers over my head, which is something I've never really done. You know, I've talked to many people on this podcast that say, yeah, I put the covers over the head. What does that do well? At least maybe it blocks out some of the sound. So I put the covers over my head, and it's so hot underneath these covers, and especially with my breathing, I can barely breathe and it's hot. But I'm like, I don't know how else I'm gonna get through this night. And I'm dozing off and I kind of feel like the blankets because you know, the blankets are straight up tucked underneath the top of my head, and I start feeling them kind of like get pulled back just a little bit, like just lifted. And it's so cold in the room because of the ac that my head starts getting cold as I'm like sweating underneath these blankets. I'm like, oh, that feels nice. So I kind of pulled the blanket off to be like, yeah, Johnny, I'm fine, And Johnny is passed out with his back toward me. He's there's no way that he was lifting up those covers. Now, is it possible that maybe the covers were, like you know, they just naturally came off me, or maybe maybe Johnny moved and it made them come up. That is possible, but either way, it freaked me the fuck out. And I said, nope, I'm out of here, cause it's two am at this point and breakfast wasn't until eight am, and there was no way that I'm going to be sticking around for six hours thinking that a ghost is what's that at the foot of mine bed. I'm not doing that. It's just a cute little song. It's not my real life. So I said, Johnny, listen, I'm sorry to wake you up, but I can't do this. I mean, this place is lovely, but I'm pretty sure there's a ghost here, and I'm sure it's a nice ghost, but I can't. I just can't. I got I got enough of a story to tell my listeners. I'm not sticking around much longer. So I told Johnny, listen, you can stay here all night. I'll go I'll go back to San Diego and I'll come pick you up and we'll do breakfast together. But I'm leaving, and He's like, well, if you're leaving, then I'm leaving. So we got in the car and we drove back to LA and we hit a little bit of traffic around five am and got home about six six thirty something like that. It was so dramatic. I literally just like left the keys at the front desk. There was nobody there, and I was just like, we're out of here. We packed up and left. So again, I don't want to, you know, I feel that my listeners like this kind of stuff and if anything, this might make you want to go stay there. So I'm just not trying to to, you know, further any bad publicity for the for the hotel or anything, because I didn't feel that way at all. And again I think a lot of it could have been in my head. I don't know, but it felt real real to me. Was that ghosted. Let's go on with the show. I'm joined by one of my bestest friends in the entire world. She's an actress. She's been seen on The Mindy Project and a guest book on TBS and many an indie film, and she's the lead singer of the band Color TV, which is just a powerhouse of a power pop band in Los Angeles.
Speaker 2: Tipper now is I thank you, thank you wild thanks for the intro.
Speaker 1: I mean, I love what I say. Your name Tipper Newton Newton, Yeah, new Tim, Hi, Tipper, Hi raz I'm so happy you're here.
Speaker 2: Thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: I wanted you to be on this since the beginning of time, but you hadn't really had any ghostly experiences.
Speaker 2: That's true, unfortunately.
Speaker 1: But then enter me, and I will be the one to bring him out in you like.
Speaker 2: The gates a hell just opened right up.
Speaker 1: Because, as we all know, ghosts loved me. So the other day you invited me to go to a seance and the ghosts came out to play.
Speaker 2: It's true they were there. We now, I think we do have to say, like we can't fully talk about.
Speaker 1: I know it's very interesting, the scenario, the uh.
Speaker 2: What supernatural entertainer? What was paranormal entertainer that hosted the seance likes to keep very under wraps.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he doesn't. He does not want us to publicize it. We don't know why necessarily, but you know, he seems like a very sweet guy. Yeah, and he you know, it's just a little side business or I don't even know if it's necessarily a business, maybe a side hobby something that he does for fun where he likes to reenact Victorian's style seances, and he's also a historian of it. And he was telling us about, you know how various times in history, like after the Civil War, it was really a popular thing for people to hire someone a medium or somebody to lead a seance, and they would sometimes do a little bit of trickery to make it seem like the dead loved one of a family was still present and still making contact with it as a therapeutic thing, you know, it was something that was meant to be a good thing for these people that were grieving. So we're not fully sure how much was real and how much it was. And he did warn us that, he was like, you know, a lot of this is going to be entertainment. But he said, I'll do a couple of little tricks that might jump start the activity.
Speaker 2: Some creepy stuff, other stuff might happen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but he's like, what I do gets people gets the spirits. It's you know, warmed up, gives them a little poke and then really gets them going, really gets some going. And so what we did was Okay, you invited me to the sands your friend's.
Speaker 2: Store, yeah, which we can say their store. Oh yeah, let's give them a bit called Kids Jewelry Heist in South Pasadena.
Speaker 1: I love that place. It is the coolest. The decor is amazing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they really invested time in the visual of the store.
Speaker 1: I know, like all the details, so many choch keys, choch keys as far as the eye can see. And they make jewelry and you can like go there if you have like a birthday party and you want to have a fun little jewelry making session. Kids is the place to go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it was a good setting for this.
Speaker 1: They had also had paranormal activity.
Speaker 2: Yeah. They had said, like I think the main thing was like the late at night there was like there's a toy store in the front of the store and then in the back is the jewelry parlor. And they said, like people would complain like there's a young child dancing with a toy in the window at like night.
Speaker 1: They said that late at night. One night they're staying around, you know, doing some administrative work or whatever you do when you own a business, and the cops knock on the door, and the cops are like, hey, We've had multiple reports that there's a little girl dancing in the window.
Speaker 2: With a toy.
Speaker 1: With a toy. Now that's spooky. Yeah, And so you know they're probably just checking in who's this little girl, where's her parents? And they're like, you can look around and there's nobody.
Speaker 2: There because it was closed. And supposedly this this little girl's name is.
Speaker 1: Sally, right, so we think Sally might be there, and she might have been a part of this sound.
Speaker 2: We were trying to contact her in this sounds. Yeah.
Speaker 1: There was also another story of the place almost burning down.
Speaker 2: Do you remember that, Yeah, where one of the guys was there late at night and something kept like drawing him back to stay, and he was just like cleaning things or working on odd jobs. And every time he was like, well i'll go now, I'll go home, something would be like, no, I think I'll stay. And then he felt like a presence sit down next to him. And then again right before he was gonna go, he like looked in the break room and like a toaster had like a plate on it and it was like a paper plate that was like burning red embers. Yeah, so it's like the place would have burned down.
Speaker 1: Yes, and during the sounds, we asked, Sally, were you the one that was trying to save it, you know, were you trying to save this place from burning down? She says yes, she did say yes.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So we do this seance and the first thing we did was a letter board, which is very similar to a wigi board, where he had a table with a bunch of scrabble letters yeah I think the full alpha bit Yeah, around you know, around the outside of the the outside rim of the of the table, and then a couple of people would put their hand on it a cup that was upside down and then move it around to each letter to spell something out. And I remember one thing that he said that honestly, sadly, I've never heard this, but of course, I mean, it is a true thing, but I just never heard it. I don't know why, but he said, it's very important that when you do wigi boards or these kind of things, that everybody lifts their hands at.
Speaker 2: The right time, because you don't want to of the energy. I think he was so Yeah, we didn't really get there were words hidden in words. We didn't really get a message.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It was more like.
Speaker 1: Yeah like.
Speaker 2: Or something like yeah, and then maybe you would be like, wait, but the word by is in between these other words, these other letters.
Speaker 1: Well listen, if it was a little Sally, she might not know how to spell yet.
Speaker 2: That's true. We don't know how old she was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you know who would be great at doing a seance or a letter board like that is Vana White. Oh my god, the way it was moving to each letter. Yeah, it was like give me an a give me a beat, like yeah, or a cheerleading team. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Basically anybody who yells out spells, yeah, words would be great.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So we did that, and then he also gave us all these meters you know those meters that yeah.
Speaker 2: That read the energy of the room. I think that what.
Speaker 1: I know. I'm not a ghost hunter.
Speaker 2: But those were going off the charts like they were asking questions and sometimes they were screaming.
Speaker 1: And the weird thing was I was holding one very much to myself. Yeah, I mean I was like not about remember.
Speaker 2: It was like you know what, you know, hand it over, give someone else a shot.
Speaker 1: And I'm just like looking at it, like not letting anyone else see. But as everyone would be like, oh, mine just lit up. Mine lit up too, and I wasn't even like trying to be like yeah, mine did too, yeah, totally, yeah, yeah, I want to be like everyone else, Like no, mine like literally lit up.
Speaker 2: So and there was like bells placed all over the room.
Speaker 1: Okay, well that's we're going to get to that. Yeah, well that's when we got is that the second Oh we also the first thing we did was pendulums.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that was fun. Mine was moving. I mean I made mine move with my mind.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And so a pendulum, you know, he was telling us you could make one out of anything really, but essentially what it is is like a chain with a crystal at the end, and you hold it out you ask a question. If it goes frontward back and forth, then that means yes. If it goes right to laugh or you know, sideways back and forth, that means no.
Speaker 2: And it was happening, and I guess he was kind of explaining how like sub consciously you're moving it even though yes, it doesn't. It looks like your hand is completely still.
Speaker 1: Yeah. He called it the idio motor effect or something like something like that. Yeah that you know it's because he is the man was also a skeptic at heart, and so he was telling us that, yeah, ideo motor, you know that that's a lot of what moving around Luigi is. You know, it's it's like a subconscious vibration in your body that can you can make something happen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it was cool because like my hand was totally still and I'm pretty sure I moved the pendulum with my mind.
Speaker 1: I know, and mine like I'm naturally sitting there like do you think this look is cute on me? And then it was like yes. And then I'm like you.
Speaker 2: Could like relax the rest of the night, I know, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I was like does my ass look fast in these jeans? And it was like no, And I'm like, oh, okay, Yeah, so I felt good the pendulum, I mean, Sally was she was telling it like it was yeah and okay. So then we go do the seance, the big enchilada.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're sitting, We're sitting around a circle. Okay, the lights are low, it's quiet, set the mood, set the mood. Two candles are lit, bells are placed all around the table.
Speaker 1: Yes, and there were twelve of us and I think only nine people could fit at the table. Something like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's sounds big table, a beautiful table, sturdy table, sturdy, and so we're all holding hands and he played a very spooky incantation recording.
Speaker 2: It was like imagine it was like straight up Exorcist. Like, yeah, the voice it was deep in booming and like echo wee and.
Speaker 1: Like and apparently it was a way to summon spirits.
Speaker 2: It was. It was exactly what you would want to hear. Yeah, in that situation. I feel like sometimes people might play those recordings and you're like, well, this isn't really that scary. This was spooky.
Speaker 1: It was spooky. It was straight up evil dad. Yeah, like I was. There was a moment for sure when I was sitting there and I was like, Okay, this is this is my horror movie. And I don't know any of these people, and I don't know if this man is summoning demons right now. I don't know what's happening.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I'm.
Speaker 1: Gonna go along with it. So we're holding hands and not much is happening. We're just kind of asking questions, and you know, everyone's while we'd ask a question, everyone's meter would go, you know, either all the way once for yes or twice for no. And we would ask, you know, natural questions like why am I still single? No, we would ask like what would we ask like Sally are you here? Right?
Speaker 2: Sally? Did you die here?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Sally?
Speaker 2: Did you? Are you happy here?
Speaker 1: She didn't want to offer much information about her death or.
Speaker 2: No, and she honestly she was very positive, like in I almost would have liked a little more negativity for the spooky factor, Like I wish she almost had died there because it would have made it creepier.
Speaker 1: Well, it's a toy store. Maybe she just liked the toys.
Speaker 2: I mean, she's dancing in the window for goodness sake.
Speaker 1: Well, he also had a couple of haunted objects.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which I don't know if we can I don't know. We were saying, we don't know how much we're supposed to talk about this. Can we even say what the haunted objects were?
Speaker 1: Let's not but they were haunted objects.
Speaker 2: There were haunted objects.
Speaker 1: And so he you know, essentially what we were trying to do was just contact a spirit of some sort. So he's like, listen, if Sally's not here, I got my old Faithful's in the corner, like these these are this is going to bring someone someone's going to come through.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So then things start getting a little crazy because he pulls out, well, we've got this bell on the table.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a couple of bells around the room.
Speaker 1: And he tells us that one of his haunted objects is attached to a spirit, and we will protect the name of the spirit. Spirit.
Speaker 2: All names have been changed. Sally's the real name.
Speaker 1: That Sally is. But this one's name is Stephanie. And that is that a good name.
Speaker 2: It's kind of long, and Sally starts within us, just.
Speaker 1: Got it, okay, So this is Tiffany. This is just as long. Okay. So Tiffany, Tiffany the spirit is. He tells us that, you know, she likes to use the bell, so we try to summon up Tiffany.
Speaker 2: Oh wait, can I mention something I won't go into specifics. Okay, he did say that Tiffany enjoyed pain, and so he did hurt himself to get Tiffany to Pierre, Yes, that's true.
Speaker 1: I don't know I was gonna leave, but yeah, you're right, I don't.
Speaker 2: Maybe I shouldn't have said that.
Speaker 1: No, it's fine.
Speaker 2: That was actually like one of the best parts.
Speaker 1: It was. It was a very entertaining part. He was like, I'm gonna hurt myself. And as soon as he like did the thing to hurt himself, yea, the bell just and the bell like physically like rang.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you could see it. And let me tell you people, there was not attached to any strings that I saw. The bell you could move to. I could go and move the bell if I wanted to. Totally table it doesn't move. Yeah, and that table belongs to the story.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, so he didn't. He didn't you know, there was no wires that he drilled a hole through the table like, it wasn't like that. Yeah, I mean I was a little bit skeptical at first, but then I was like, there was definitely a moment where his hands he was holding hands in the circle, the bell was ringing, the meters were going off, and there was a pendulum that was hanging on a dresser that was like moving, And I'm like, Okay, there might be like a little lever on one of his toes that he could do this, But I'm like, unless he's got some kind of device in his butt cheeks, there's no way that all this shit is going down. Or maybe he had somebody waiting outside. But he was like, I don't.
Speaker 2: Walking around like, I don't know where the device would have been. I don't accept in his butt cheeks.
Speaker 1: Now that's the real mystery that we need to get to the bottom. But even what kind of device could that be? Like some little machine with a button that he had precise butt cheek, you know, pull that he could just he could just squeeze his butt cheek perfectly to move. Now I'm going to move the pendulum. Now I'm gonna squeeze a little bit to the list, I'm gonna move the bell. Like I don't know about.
Speaker 2: That that that's talent.
Speaker 1: But we definitely had like what about two hours of contact long time. It was a late night and we we were it was interesting because Sally would use the meters and Tiffany would use the the bell. Yeah, and so we had a lot of contact. I would say, I would say we felt like we were having conversations. But then it got to a point where he was like, Okay, I don't think that this is Yes.
Speaker 2: There's a spirit here that I they're like pretending to be Tiffany, and I think we need to stop this right now because it's about to get dark, something's going down, and I was hoping. I was like, no, keep the bad ghost around. Let's see what happened.
Speaker 1: Wow, yes, uh huh so yeah, and then we pretty much end it, and he did like a nice little ceremony to clean out any negative energy. And that was our possibly real, possibly not seance, but I choose to believe that a lot of it was real. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Regardless, I had a great time.
Speaker 1: I had a wonderful time.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So you have never had a ghost experience of your own other than that, right, No.
Speaker 2: The the closest thing, the two closest things I would say is one time I had a dream which maybe or maybe not was a dream. Actually, okay, I was in bed, my eyes opened, the lights were on, there was a man in the doorway, and he said get out of my house. And then that was it. That's all that happened.
Speaker 1: But your lights were on as you were you just taking a nap.
Speaker 2: That's why I was saying it was like a dream because I had gone to bed.
Speaker 1: Uh huh.
Speaker 2: And in the dream, my eyes opened in the bedroom didn't look any different except for the lights were on and there was a man in the doorway.
Speaker 1: Is this where you currently live.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I've never had like, I've never had any weird feelings or anything before or since then. So maybe it was just a dream. Maybe I wanted something so bad.
Speaker 1: Just wanted a ghost experience.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I mean I do. I like. I have some friends who told me their things that have happened, which they I checked with them. They said, I could tell you, Oh, they have been approved.
Speaker 1: Okay, what are they? Oh?
Speaker 2: I had a friend who lived with her sister an apartment in Los Angeles, and my friend, I think this happened like two or three times when she was sitting on the couch, out of the corner of her eye, she saw a girl crying. Now, she didn't tell her sister this because she didn't want to freak out her sister.
Speaker 1: But did she hear the girl?
Speaker 2: I asked her. She said no, just saw the girl crying, but only out of the corner of her eye.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so how can she tell she was crying? I don't know.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's just one of those things like you know, you just know the feeling or sadness. Yeah, I think that was probably it. So she never told her sister because she didn't want to scare her sister. You know, they eventually moved out of that apartment, and she finally brought it up to her sister that she'd seen this girl, and her sister goes, I saw that girl crying in the hallway, and I didn't tell you because I didn't want to freak you out.
Speaker 1: Who's the girl?
Speaker 2: I don't know why. I don't know, and I wonder, I don't know if she ever looked into the apartment building or whatever. I should find out because I want to know.
Speaker 1: Oh, what a scary ghost.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that one's scary. Like I don't think I tried to hurt them or anything at all. Like I don't want to see that.
Speaker 1: I don't want to. I do want to see that A live girl crying. No, not in my house especially no.
Speaker 2: Oh. And then one of my best friends from high school, she shared a room with her sister. This is all about sisters.
Speaker 1: The moral of the story sisters.
Speaker 2: And she was sleeping usually they would sleep with like, uh, maybe a light on or maybe not a light on, And she woke up and there was like a light on and she saw somebody in the hallway.
Speaker 1: And she likes she sleeps with the door open.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a big mistake.
Speaker 1: Big mistake. Do you sleep with the door open? No? Me, neither.
Speaker 2: Closed doors and closets dead.
Speaker 1: Bolt bolted, Yeah, totally. You put all your luggage under the bed, just in case so that nothing can reach out and grab you. No, which ps the haunted been and breakfast that I just stayed in allegedly haunted. The bed was like high.
Speaker 2: Up, a lot of space underneath.
Speaker 1: No, so like you better believe. I like did a quick little run and jump to get on the bed each time.
Speaker 2: Oh no, but oh so she saw the door was open, saw somebody in the hallway she thought was her dad or something, and then they kind of like got close her, and she was like, oh, they're see through. And then I know it's gonna sound real out there. As they got closer, she realized it was Abraham Lincoln.
Speaker 1: The Abraham Lincoln. Yes.
Speaker 2: And the penny yes, the one on the penny, the five dollar bill, that's him. Okay, got closer, came all the way up to her face, smiled, and then like disappeared. Now she didn't bring this up to her sister or anybody because she was like, that could have been dream whatever. Years later, she told her sister the story and her sister goes, you know, I thought I saw him in our closet once, Abraham Lincoln. Yeah, which is like, maybe it was just it. Maybe it was just a guy who looked like him.
Speaker 1: You know that the two of us, one of our favorite things is celebrity impersonators. Oh yeah, we love liberty impersonators, and we love to go to celebrity impersonator websites and look at all the celebrity lookalikes. Maybe it was a celebrity you look alike that lived there in that house at one point. And you know, he was just looking for gigs. I mean, there's not a ton of work when you're an Abraham Lincoln in person. I mean I assume that there are some you know, President's Day, you're probably busy, you know this July, you know, mattress store openings, like you know, Memorial Day or whatever. But yeah, maybe he was just looking for gigs. He just wanted to be seen. He's like, you, guys, I agree with this beard, Like hire me, hire me, I'll even perform in a closet. That's spooky. Yeah, didn't something happen to your to your ma'am.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So when he was little. He lived in the garage apartment on this property. There was like a main apartment and then the garage and him and his mom lived in the garage apartment in Florida. In Florida, so and then there was they had a yard, and then at the very end of the property was another house that I think was empty at the time. So, you know, he was the kid. He was like playing around and he went to that back house and on the backside of the house there was like a small strip of land and then there was the fence to the property, and then beyond the fence was just like trees and junk. So he was like playing in that small strip of land that was between the back of the house and the fence, and then he heard like a branch snap and he looked and there was this deflated basketball in the yard and suddenly it just like exploded in flames.
Speaker 1: Weird.
Speaker 2: And then he found out later that some guy who lived in that back house had gone in that strip of land and killed himself.
Speaker 1: Wow, Yeah, that's really spooky. And also a branch snapping. Because another thing I'm obsessed with is Foley artists. Oh, the people that do the sound effects on movies in post production, and that's a lot of times what they use for bones breaking. I didn't know that, so it could have been a bone break. It sounds the exact same. WHOA Do you want to hear some ghost voices?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: All right, it's time for EVP or ev plase sensual you know, I know, Sorry, I got a little sexy there. Do you know what an ev P is? Yeah, electronic voice phenomenon. So I go to YouTube. I find real paranormal investigators, uh, footage or recordings that they've caught of ghosts, and I want you to guess what they believe this ghost is saying. Now, I know that you're from Nebraska. Yeah, and so I found a couple of Nebraska ghosts. Oh cool, This first one is from Omaha Paranormal. Aren't you from Omaha?
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, shout out, shut out?
Speaker 1: What's uptowntown? Ohtown? The band? Are they from Orlando? Oh? There's another hotel. This is at the Squirrel Cage Jail.
Speaker 2: That's Can I just say something that's actually in Council Bluffs, Iowa. Oh, but this is Omaha Paranormal investigated it? Yeah, which is Council Bus is basically Nebraska.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they do the whole area. They're they're branching out, honey.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, So tell me what you think this ghost is saying. Now, I think that there's some humans talking in the background. But it's like, oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I heard that scream.
Speaker 1: Dang, what's your time?
Speaker 2: It sounds like he's saying, oh, is.
Speaker 1: It A let her go? B? I don't know c now or D I want pinto? You know, like when you go to Chipotle they say black or panto.
Speaker 2: And so they were saying pinto, let her go, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's I don't know. God. Here, let's try another one. This is from Simion Paranormal. It says that they did overnight at the Elk City Cemetery in Elk City, Nebraska. Yeah, tell me this one. Oh yeahs there's some like I hear music the traumatic piano in the edit that's playing underneath. Oh yeah.
Speaker 2: It sounds like they're saying, don't let go.
Speaker 1: Oh interesting you say that? Is it A I don't even know? B. I love piano because there's piano playing. Yeah, see don't let go? Oh A d oh, don't you know that's what I did? People talk like that Nebraska. That's what I think. That sounds like, Yeah, Fargo, I didn't know. I don't know. It's totally don't let go.
Speaker 2: It almost sounds romantic, honestly.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's like it's like Titanic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that's just a clip from Titanic. They like put some piano over, like roughed it up a bit, but.
Speaker 1: Don't let go. Ps The piano is like kind of put me in the romantic mood. Okay, that's it. Well that's all. What do you got going on anything?
Speaker 2: I don't have anything to plug hopefully, but you know, just keep your eye out, cause a lot next year later. Oh I got a lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean I'm just telling you I can't talk about it. Yeah, that's what I'll say.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you're also one of those people. I've very few friends like this in Los Angeles that are just like, oh, yeah, like I just did this thing, and it's like, oh, you did a full season of a TV show that thing that you did, So I don't trust that you probably, I'm sure you have a billion things going on right now. But we'll see.
Speaker 2: We'll don't go. What was the other one? I know there I'm you did too.
Speaker 1: Let go? Yeah, isn't that like the movie Frozen?
Speaker 2: Let it Go?
Speaker 1: Let it go?
Speaker 2: This is like, don't let go?
Speaker 1: Maybe they watched Frozen. They're like no, no, no, no no no no no no no no no no. Well that was my week in a nutshell. That's the most paranormal investigating type stuff that I've done in a very long time in one week. So I hope you enjoyed that. H shout out to both of my dear friends Johnny Reinhart and Tipper Newton for being great sports and especially Boor Johnny. I feel so bad for him. He didn't even get to sleep that night, but we survived. And thank you so much to being so accommodating the Julian Goldrush Hotel. I really enjoyed my stay. I'm just a crazy nutcase that can't deal with ghosts. So thank you all for listening. I love you guys so much. Please join our Facebook group. I actually have a very funny episode coming up with my dear friend Laganja Estroanja from RuPaul's Drag Race, and we are reading a bunch of ghost stories and that'll be dropping real soon, so look out for that. You can always put the ghost stories in the Facebook group called Ghosted by Ross dress Fales, or you can, you know, like the page. We also have a page Ghosted by Roz dress Fales on Facebook. I am on Facebook, I'm well, I have a Facebook page Role's Dress Fales. But I also I'm on Instagram. At Ra's Dress Fales helped me become Instagram famous, and actually I'm going to start doing cameo soon, I guess. So if you want to a personalized message of me saying something to you, look out for that. I'm sure I'll post about it on my social media whenever I get that finally up and rolling. And please leave a five star review, five star rating on Apple Podcasts, and you can leave a ghost story or just something really nice to say about the show in your five star review on Apple Podcasts, and maybe I'll read it on the show. I don't know. Have you got on my Instagram, I'll have all the shows coming up there where you can see me live and in person. And yeah, I'm so I'm so happy that you guys are listening and liking the show. So I love you all, both living and dead. But if I didn't ask you to haunt me, don't haunt me.
Speaker 2: Okay, bye.
Speaker 1: Star bands. There a podcast network,