Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Ketty.
Speaker 2: I'm strong and Getty and no Hee Armstrong and Yetty.
Speaker 3: Elon. You can't just call anything you want waste and just get rid of it. You can't do that.
Speaker 4: Like in the Department of Defense, we do like lots and lots of online training every year. That's totally not a waste of time and teaches us great skills that we use every day.
Speaker 3: And you should not use doage to eliminate that. You don't. Don't please, don't do that, please.
Speaker 5: I love that. Tight s totally not a waste of time our training. I'm sure they're similar to the ones we have on sexual harassment or whatever.
Speaker 2: The heck.
Speaker 5: Oh, totally not a waste of time. Please don't, hey, doge, don't don't cut those please.
Speaker 1: I think now, just because of the passage of time. I've been trained twenty eight times to not bribe foreign port officials during our ethics training, and.
Speaker 5: I almost even all that training the other day. I almost did. I was standing there at the port and there was this guy from a foreign country, and I was just about to bribe him for this palateful of something, and I thought, not, it's right, the training told me not to do that.
Speaker 2: That's totally not a waste of time.
Speaker 5: God it, we're in the private sector and we have to take all kinds of those waste of time training things. I can't imagine what it's like in government. Well I can, actually, because I've got a friend who works in government who's regularly talking about this two hours seminar they had to do on sexual harassment or something.
Speaker 4: Ye.
Speaker 2: Well, here's here's what I would say. Here's the connective tissue.
Speaker 1: Torte abuse turns private enterprise into government like silliness and waste. Sure the reason you at Jones Enterprises take that ethics training to not bribe foreign port officials, for instance, is so if you do, the company that you work for can say, now we trained him not to, so it's not on us, don't sue us, sue him?
Speaker 5: Right, Yeah, exactly. The reason so that, yeah, probably means it's even more likely in the private sector. Surely you're all aware of that. The sexual harassment training is to cover the company so that if you sexually harass someone, it's on you. The company can't be held responsible.
Speaker 1: Yeah. My only quibbal is that, No, it's super common in government because government it's not their money they're settling with, so they'll settle.
Speaker 2: You see it all the time.
Speaker 1: It comes with a ridiculous Yes, I shot at the cops and I'd raped three women and were in the process of beating a child. But when the cops tackled me, I wrenched my elbow and I'd need a million dollars in the city said all right, I'll write your check for seven hundred thousand bucks because it's not our money.
Speaker 2: Anyway.
Speaker 5: Hey, before I get to what I was going to talk about, what can you tell me about Canada USA USA hockey tonight?
Speaker 1: Just that the last time they played, there were three fights in the first nine seconds.
Speaker 2: There's bad blood, jack the.
Speaker 1: Canuck fans booing the national anthem, for instance, when we were up in America's hat.
Speaker 5: So it's tonight, it's eight eastern five West coast time. This is some sort of Are these like our professional NHL players playing? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, actually, And I'm late to the party because I used to be a really big hockey fan.
Speaker 2: I'm not anymore. I just don't have the time.
Speaker 1: But instead of the idiotic waste of time that was the NHL All Star Game, which was a lot like the NBA All Star Game that nobody plays defense. It's just ridiculous. They decided to go with Since there are many American players, Canadian players, uh, Finnish players, I think it is in Swedish players or whatever, they organized a four team national whatever your nationality is tournament.
Speaker 2: As kind of a.
Speaker 1: Mini Olympics during the All Star break for hockey, and it's been super popular.
Speaker 5: Do you remember some Russell Crowe movie just popped into my head from way back in the day, and he lived in some town in Alaska or Canada or something like that, small town, and they they played outside because it was so cold, and they all believed that they were as good as any NHL team, and they ended up playing an NHL team And it's a plucky small town Russell crows in it. Anyway.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 5: There's a lot of pride in certain areas around their hockey, no doubt. Yes, yes, Katie, it's called Mystery Elaska. Yeah. I love that movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, oh yeah, it's good.
Speaker 2: It's fun. Wow wow, thank you much so.
Speaker 1: Anyway, Yeah, it's for whatever reason of uh, patriotism and Trump and international relations. And then you know beefs from the n NHL season or whatever, or you know, there's a couple of the Kachuck brothers who play for the US, and the one got in a fight and then and then the other guy got in a fight, partly to defend his brother. But it's what's been funny about it, And this is a hockey thing. It seems so ridiculous, but it's fairly rare that anybody gets seriously hurt in a hockey fight. Fairly But the guys for the opening playoff, the one dude and I don't have their names memorized, but the one dude called over and said, hey, Jimmy, we're gonna go right, And Jimmy's like yep. So as soon as the puck drops, Jimmy skates over to the other guy.
Speaker 2: They dropped their.
Speaker 1: Gloves, they've rolled up their sleeves, and they go trying to hit each other and they head ninety eight percent of the time unsuccessfully. And then while they were cleaning up that fight, Ed says to Bill, Hey, Bill, we're next, and Bill's like mm hmm, wow.
Speaker 5: What an interesting unwritten rules of the games sort of thing that is, you know.
Speaker 2: What it's like. It strikes me.
Speaker 1: You remember when you were talking about dueling culture, right, I was inside of dueling culture.
Speaker 2: The book there's a book.
Speaker 5: Out about violence and the role that it plays and everything, and it convinced me of the why duels actually made sense in my whole life. I couldn't understand why would you participate in these duels? Not having duels is why you end up with the problems we have with gangs. It's the idea of you disrespected me. I need to defend my honor. I can't. I can't look like a punk to you, right, And in gangs, you know, in whatever city you live in, they shoot each other on the corner. Duels were just a more evolved way of handling. You know, I need to get my honor back. So we're going to have a duel where people usually didn't get hurt, kind of like your hockey fights. You didn't usually actually try to shoot the guy and the other guy didn't actually die to shoot back most of the time. Alexander Hamilton notwithstanding.
Speaker 1: But part of that was I'm not going to drag my family and friends into this and I do the same and a bunch of people get hurt or dies unnecessarily. We're gonna get together, we're gonna settle lists. I'm gonna defend my honor, and then generally speaking, we'll move on with our lives again.
Speaker 2: Sorry to Alex Hamilton.
Speaker 5: Probably with a little bit of a don't do it again, or next time I'll have to actually shoot you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, absolutely true. So there's a fair amount of that in hockey that if guys get it, because cheap shots can be dangerous in hockey, people get like their lives changed. And if you engage in that sort of thing or are picking on the little star or whatever, guys will step up and say, this ain't happening anymore.
Speaker 2: We're going and they settle it.
Speaker 1: And what was so interesting about this, and this is about society about hockey in a way, is I was watching the videotape of the telecast, and as is inevitable in sports broadcasting now, part of the broadcast team is a rules official, a rules expert, generally a retired referee in the case hockey, and the play by play guy and the color guy asked the rules guy, the former ref They said, now, how would you get control of this?
Speaker 2: What do you think of this situation?
Speaker 1: After the third fight got done and then they cleaned up the ice and they played a hockey game, the ref said, oh, I love this.
Speaker 2: This is perfect. We get all of it out of the way.
Speaker 1: This the bad blood, the scores that needed to be settled, We eliminated it in the first nine seconds. Guys got their penalty minutes, and now we're going to play hockey.
Speaker 2: This is perfect. We got rid of all of it. And I thought, wow, that's an interesting take.
Speaker 5: You said something during this segment. I believe you will remember on your deathbed. Oh lord said I used to watch a lot hockey, but now I don't have time for it, and you're gonna lay there in bed and your deathbed you'r dB thinking too busy for hockey.
Speaker 2: A dB on his dB so much hockey unwatched. They'd be my final words.
Speaker 5: If only I've watched. Okay, so I want to get to this. Two things from USA Today. One on the cover Missoo the Goat whins USA Today's Favorite Pet Contest. I didn't realize they were having a favorite Pet contest, but apparently people sent in there their pets and how they love them. And there's all kinds of different pets and a goat one, but it says here people who get it get it. Your pet isn't just an animal that lives in your home. It's your confident, your pal when you're scared, your best friend. Okay, it can be your best friend and comfort you and you're scared. If it's your confident, I think it's a little weird.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: The only person I tell is my dog.
Speaker 1: I actually refer to Baxter, my dog, as my best doggy pal. But I throw in the qualifier there because if he was literally my confident, I mean, although I talked to him, especially when Judy's not around.
Speaker 5: But if it's your only confident, which doesn't. Yeah, anyway, the other thing from USA Today, I want to.
Speaker 1: Member, well, hey, a goat winning the best pet is less perverse to me than a dude winning Miss Universe.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there you go. Speaking of that sort of thing. USA Today out with a poll today what percentage of Americans identify as LGBTQ plus. It is out. According to USA Today, ten percent ten percent of all Americans identify as LBGTQ plus. And as we all know from very you know, you get on Brown University campus and it's like forty percent or something. It says you're mostly bisexual bisexual people with driving. The numbers absolutely laughable. There's no way about how social opinion polling is useless. There's no way one out of ten people are LGBTQ plus folks.
Speaker 2: Here's what you need to know if you don't know this already.
Speaker 1: De Q queer means I'm not down with the status quo man, That's all it means. It's a virtue signal among young people to say I'm fighting the power.
Speaker 2: Man, I'm queer.
Speaker 1: And I've been taught that saying there's men and women is part of the patriarchy.
Speaker 2: Since I was in kindergarten. You got to forgive the kids. They didn't raise themselves.
Speaker 1: So I'm going to say I'm queer to show that I'm like, not down with the establishment.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 2: That's all it means. So it's just silly and the whole bisexual thing.
Speaker 1: I remember a story came out a couple of years ago when I think America was first waking up to the perversity of the indoctrination going on in schools, and one mom was talking about how listening to her daughters and daughter and her friends talking in the back of the car, several of them stated that they were bisexual when they were pre sexual. They were pre adolescent, They weren't anything sexual, They just knew it was cool to say so.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I do get that sense, particularly among women. Of course, you know, two drinks away from being bisexual.
Speaker 2: That's an unfortunate stereotype.
Speaker 5: No, I do know that it is is cool among young particularly women, to be bisexuals kind of in or groovy or something.
Speaker 1: Would I would only quibble by saying it is cool and groovy to claim to be bisexual, even if you.
Speaker 2: Never have and have no real intention to interest. It's street credit.
Speaker 5: Any thought on that text line is four one five two KFTC. Christine No really GLAMs herself up for being on TV whenever she's got a thing.
Speaker 2: Yes, that is true.
Speaker 1: I wonder if when you sign on to Trump World, even as president, you, as a woman, you sign a vow saying I will be as hot as possible for all public appearance.
Speaker 5: She is also somewhat fresh off a divorce, so that might have something to do with it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Oh, speaking of women in Trump World, Caroline Leavitt, who's absolutely knocking it out of the park, is a press secretary and makes KJP look like an incompetent dope, partly because she was an incompetent dope.
Speaker 2: She's twenty seven.
Speaker 5: I didn't realize that.
Speaker 1: And she's married to a fifty eight or fifty nine year old real estate developer.
Speaker 5: Interesting.
Speaker 1: Also clear violation of the half your age plus seven rule.
Speaker 5: She also just had a baby fairly recently, which is that's got to be something. You got a baby and then you get the call want to be the White House Press secretary. Okay, coolest job ever launching pad to anything. Never gonna be home and never I mean just the I've heard these various Dana Prino and various press secretaries Shawn Spicer talk about it's just your life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, interesting. Anyway, I thought this was amusing and good. We mentioned fire yesterday, not the conflagration of matter turning it back into carbon, but releasing the energy therein. But the foundation for individual rights and expression, and we get their newsletters and recently they hit us with this. There's this gal in a Germantown, Tennessee that had some Halloween decorations, including a skeleton dog and a couple of other things, a handful of skeletons, a skeleton, human skeleton, and a skeleton dog. Then she reused them for election Day, dressing them up with political signs and more patriotic garb. Well, come December, a town officer told her her holiday decorations have to be taken one month down, one month after the holiday. So even though she updated her skeletons for Christmas and added an inflatable tree in a Santa Claus, the town said, no, those are Halloween decorations. We order you to take them down and and if you don't, you will be fined five hundred dollars per day according to the ordinance.
Speaker 5: Violating the the the what is the what is the goal there? Just it's an eye sword to some people.
Speaker 1: It's to eliminate guy who keeps his Christmas decorations up all year and they look.
Speaker 2: Tawdry and stupid.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm not bothered by that. But there's somebody a couple of blocks from me. They have and they have an elaborate Christmas setup, big giant lit up candy canes and lights strewn across and like a walkway entrance to their sidewalk, and yeah, Santa, and it's it's it's still lit up every night. It's not only there, but plugged in every night.
Speaker 2: Oh my lord. Really Yeah.
Speaker 5: I walked to the gym to lift weights and I walk by it every day.
Speaker 2: Wow. Wow.
Speaker 1: So anyway, the town sited here ordered her to appear in court. You could face five hundred dollars a day, says Alexis the gal. You don't have to like my decorations, but that doesn't mean Germantown has the right to force me to take them down. This America, even our local government has to respect our rights, and so fire is defending her. It's a free expression. Interesting, having skeleton dogs is a Christmas decoration.
Speaker 5: You're express America. You're expressing that you're a nut job, but you are expressing something. It's whimsical as far as I'm concerned. But I had something else I wanted to say about this, but it flitted out of my head. I think it is slightly ironic given the recent conversation about.
Speaker 2: The freedom of speech in Germany.
Speaker 1: We will give you your freedom of speech, but we will improve it with German order.
Speaker 2: German town indeed hmmm.
Speaker 5: All the Ukraine Russia stuff is kind of pushed the Hamas Israel ceasefire off the map, but it still goes on, continues to be a bunch of evil lunatics that should be killed today, as they displayed earlier. Today, we'll talk about that, among other things Armstrong and Getty. I'm interested in following the different ways different news outlets are handling the return of murdered bodies by Hamas to Israel as part of the cease fire agreement. New York Post has Day of Mourning. Hamas puts on sickening parade with bodies of youngest hostages and two other Israelis in a show of forcement to inflict maximum pain. I find that to be an incredibly accurate headline and not prejudicial in the least. I think that's I think Hamas would say, yeah, that's exactly what we were doing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would agree the Fox version.
Speaker 5: I was just looking up at the TV Hamas releases bodies of four murdered hostages, which I like calling them murdered, as opposed to the ABC headline I mentioned yesterday where they said something antiseptic like Hamas returns four bodies or something like this cease deceased, Yeah, something like that. I haven't heardly passed away of old age. This is from ABC News. I haven't heard this yet.
Speaker 7: A somber and emotional day in Israel's the bodies of four Israelis, including the youngest and one of the oldest hostages, taken captive by Hamas during the horrific attacks on October seventh and twenty twenty three, have now been returned to Israel in coffin's Hamas identifying them as Shari b Bass and her two young sons, Kafir and Ariel, aged just nine months and four years when they were abducted from Kibbutz near Oz.
Speaker 5: They abducted a four month old and a nine month old. So what you just said? Something like that? Two little kids? Little kids either way, and they're dead now. And why this isn't a bigger deal? I don't no, I have you mentioned this earlier. I do think it's why some of the news organizations are being so careful to word it the way they do, returning in coffins. How'd that happen? Because your lefty college students are saying, well, is us bombs that killed these people? Or Israeli bombs, US bombs dropped by Israel that killed these people. But by any moral, reasonable decent or international law, Hamas is still responsible for the deads.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: If I take a hostage in a sense, including little children, and they end up dead in the midst of a conflict, yeah, it's on you.
Speaker 5: If I take a hostage and the police, in an attempt to kill me kill the hostage, I get charged with murder.
Speaker 1: That's the way we're especially if you deliberately use the hostage as a shield.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Is no moral equivalence here, no, So.
Speaker 5: Why they just can't call them murdered?
Speaker 8: Yes, Katie, just as side about the coffins Hamas returned them. They're locked and they didn't give them keys. It's just like another way.
Speaker 2: To taunt them.
Speaker 5: Wow, that is unbelievable.
Speaker 1: You know what term needs to be used a lot more is Islamic supremacist. It is a concise and descriptive term of a lot of what's happening around the world. These people are quite literally Islamic supremacists. They believe the entire world should be taken over in the name of Islam, and a harsh interpretation of it should be enforced at the point of their guns. And if they take over your country, that's precisely what's going to happen.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Well, and a lot of these Islamist nut jobs rape little boys, so they're not even living up to their pure religious standards anyway. Oh no, No, the reason I wanted to bring this up at all is because I was so angered. This might be the most angering thing I've ever heard on NBR NPR. They did the story, so Hamas does another one giant stage lights post inflammatory statements. I mean, this is not the way you act if you actually want peace and to live side by side.
Speaker 2: With somebody, which they don't. Right while the world.
Speaker 5: Keeps talking about two state and solution and all this crap, you're gonna live side by side with somebody who treats your bodies of dead babies like this of your people when they hand the BAC over. But NPR referred to it as Hamas in a show of strength, displayed the bodies a show of strength. Oh well, that's nice way to put a positive, kind of cool spin on the way they did it. Really like that, NPR doge can't defund you fast enough?
Speaker 2: Well, and just that.
Speaker 1: Small sub section of society that happens to control so much of the media is just I mean, it's number one, it's incredibly annoying, and two, it's incredibly damn when in the fact that they in their radical ILK, and they are radicals by any standard, the fact that they in their ILK control education to a large extent as well in the country. That might be the greatest failing h in the United States in the last fifty years. Allowing that to happen, to be cowed and shamed or hoodwinked into letting perverse ideas like radical gender theory or you know, critical race theory and all of those critical theory things that you know, we've talked about a million times. But to let them take over our nation's schools, What the hell happened?
Speaker 5: What do you suppose the origin of hoodwinked? Is the term specifically, yeah, means fooled, tricked.
Speaker 1: I don't know, something to do with, you know, literally wearing a hood and your your emotions or intentions are.
Speaker 2: Hidden or something like that.
Speaker 5: It's amazing how many phrases we all use on a daily basis that we don't have any idea the origin of, but we know what they mean, so we use them anyway. I find that interesting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think, yeah, I think it's kind of fun.
Speaker 1: Honestly, it illustrates some of the dynamics of communication, human communication. Right, let's see, Oh, here you go, this is interesting. The first known use of hoodwink dates back to the year fifteen sixty two.
Speaker 5: What a year to have the plague.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The term hoodwink means to deceive or to trick. It's past tense as well as past participle as hoodwink. To origin fifteen sixties, the phrasal verb hoodwink was used to denote to blindfold blind by covering the eyes. By combining the two terms hood and wink, both nouns blind the mind, slead to see by disguise. To hoodwink, or put something over on someone, drives from the act of thieves, literally throwing a hood on victims before robbing them, thereby making them wink, which has an archaic annotation to close one's eyes. Uh yeah, okay, So literally you're throwing a hood over somebody's head to deceive them or trick them.
Speaker 3: There you go.
Speaker 5: Hamas had a big giant behind them as they hand over that. We now know locked coffins of these dead babies that you murdered, and you lock them just to make it that much more difficult on the Israelis and the families. Anyway, they had a giant poster, isn't it like a billboard the size of a highway billboard of Net and Yahoo with blood coming out of his eyes and his ears and his teeth, with the dead people beneath them, blaming Net and Yahoo for the deaths. Okay, there you go. There's only one thing you can do with these Hamas jobs, and that's kill every single one of them. I wonder how soon.
Speaker 1: Or you could kill them, Oh that's right, that's what you said. Or you could come to a two state solution with somebody who's vowed to wipe you from the face of the earth. And the moment they hoodwinked you into thinking they wanted to live peacefully, they slaughtered your people.
Speaker 2: Yes, let's negotiate, shall we.
Speaker 5: I am not going to be here tomorrow, as I am celebrating my birthday by taking a day off, and.
Speaker 1: I'm finally I and my radical ideas will have full sway. Michael, our time has arrived. About time, yes, but on your uniform for tomorrow's show.
Speaker 5: Joe's ten days older than me. So you had your birthday last week and you had your kids come to be with you to celebrate your birthday, which I've worked out that way, Yeah, which I would want to do if I weren't parenting them every single day all day. I want to be away from my kids on my birthday. So that is what I am doing. I'm not exactly sure what I'm doing, but I'm going to do something that is not raising kids tomorrow. But it has been amazing how much work I've had to put in to try to get thirty six hours free. I mean the amount of I remember this back when I had a really hard job, and I know a lot of people probably do now. The amount of work you have to do to take a couple of days off from your job makes it at some point think I'm not sure it's worth it. I'm not sure that before, and as yeah, I'm not sure the trade off is working here. It's so much work to be gone for a couple of days, and then when I come back, there'll be a bunch of work to do. And I'm kind of in this situation with the kids a little bit, just so many, you know, things to lay out with a sitter or whoever is going to get them around all the different things volleyball and school and blah blah Blah's.
Speaker 1: A boy hanging in with the pre dawn volleyball practices. He had it at six this morning. I haven't checked in at two six am volleyball practices this week. At the first match last night, though, and it was an away game, I did not see it, but I guess it went pretty well.
Speaker 5: I asked him if he has nervous. He said not in the least. So he is one of those people that, for whatever reason, has that genetic makeup where being and he doesn't like giving speeches stuff like that. He just does not get nervous in front of a crowd. Part of it is his whole. He's not a stoner as far as I can tell yet anyway, but he just has a I don't care with everything, laconic. I think, very high schooler. I don't care about anything. You know what, you know, it makes his easy, dad, I don't care. That's he says about so many things.
Speaker 1: You know, it's funny. And it's taken me a long time to get there. But like playing golf, I'll occasionally have a bit of a bad run and somebody will express a little sympathy and I'll tell him, you know what, I have the advantage of not giving an ass.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean it's not that I'm not trying. It's that I recognize that there is a certain degree of failure and it just happened.
Speaker 2: It's fine.
Speaker 1: And I used to get so hung up and mad and self critical and all. Now it's like, Eh, I played Gladys Can you hit the harp? I played with this guy in high school. I've told this story before, but I think it the other day.
Speaker 5: If smartphones had existed at the time, we all would have recorded him and he would have been an internet sensation. He was a very odd bird, nicest guy in the world, but very very odd. He drove a milk truck. He not for a living. That's what he drove to school and back. He got this three wheeled old timey nineteen fifties milk truck, no doors on it, and that's what he drove for his car. Super nice guy.
Speaker 2: Now that's a trade bar.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he had many. He was just an odd guy.
Speaker 2: Everybody liked him.
Speaker 8: He was like he was.
Speaker 5: It was the weird thing that happened sometimes, like he was popular yet so on the outside of norms. It was anyway, But when he played golf, he would eat a bad shot and he'd get so mad and he would throw clubs and release a string of cussing that was just and we would all be crying. I mean, like couldn't stand up. We were laughing so hard on our hands and knees, trying to catch our breath laughing. He would just lose his mind. Wasn't an act. He'd just absolutely lose his mind. Wow, it was so funny. And every time, and at some point you'd think, don't you haven't you caught on that? What's gonna happen? I mean, you hit a lot of bad shots?
Speaker 1: Is it so hard to do?
Speaker 5: Every single time?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 9: Mother?
Speaker 5: Kicking things and thrown every shot?
Speaker 1: You know what?
Speaker 5: What happened to him?
Speaker 2: One of the I oh, please employ the internet.
Speaker 1: I had a classmate in high school I was on one hundred percent certain would end up in prison or be dead. I tried to figure out what happened to him, and I just can't and I'm so curious. But anyway, withering withering sentence that has rained in many of the temper of many a hot headed golfer is if a truly elite player says, you're not good enough to get that mad maah yeah. In other words, you're gonna f up a certain percentage of the time, like all the time. Why are you getting mad?
Speaker 5: Right? This isn't an aberration, well right, yeah, exactly, it's a bitter perspective. We'll finish strong next farm strong.
Speaker 7: The best way to reheat your pizza if you dunk your pizza in water before airfrying or microwaving it, it.
Speaker 5: Turns out just as fresh as when you bought it. Let's dunk it into the water. Now, into the air fryer. Alright, I put it in for three minutes. It's definitely feeling crispyer on the crust. Let's do a taste test.
Speaker 1: It tastes exactly how it toasted last night, fresh from the box.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I prefer the limp, soggy pizza you get when you throw it in the micro.
Speaker 2: Or the dried out.
Speaker 1: You know, husk of a piece of pizza, uh, dried out by the fridge. Now, it does make sense that pizza loses moisture in the fridge.
Speaker 2: But dipping it in water.
Speaker 6: I've just sprinkled water on it and it works pretty well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Katie, you're nodding your head.
Speaker 8: Yes, Yeah, can confirm this one.
Speaker 5: That's when like you dip it in water. Yeah, you're surprised at this.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I don't know if I should say this phrase or not. But you used to consider yourself, donut Jesus, as you could bring a donut back from the dead. Back when we were we would pie donuts and Joe would eat them and they were several days stale, and he would bring them back from the dead by sprinkling.
Speaker 1: Water on a party, by sprinkling water. You're right, You're absolutely right. I'm so old now I've forgotten my own magical abilities. You're right, Donut Jesus. Apologies for the sacrilegious nature of the phrase, but yes, that's what they called me.
Speaker 5: Yes, and it would by puting a little water on there because it got dried out. You micro riden. It's back to you know, doing it.
Speaker 1: But but to actually dip the slice, it seems crazy to me, like it would fall apart or be mushy or whatever.
Speaker 2: But then you throw it. You know, what the hell, I'm an open minded feller. I will try this.
Speaker 8: I'm just finding comfort that none of you said.
Speaker 5: Oh, cold pizza is the best.
Speaker 3: I like.
Speaker 1: You.
Speaker 5: It's not better than the hot pizza. It's I don't like cold pizza.
Speaker 8: No, it's gross.
Speaker 5: I' about cold fried chicken. Cold fried chicken I might actually like better than it when it was hot.
Speaker 8: I don't know that I've ever had cold fried chicken.
Speaker 5: Get out here, you gotta go.
Speaker 1: All right, guys, Jack, if you ever had chicken and waffles when we lived in Charlotte, best thing ever?
Speaker 2: I got to admit.
Speaker 1: I heard it and thought, wait a minute, why the why the hell would you have chicken and waf But what meal are you having?
Speaker 5: But that's why, that's why I washed myself with a rag on a stick.
Speaker 2: It's proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
Speaker 5: I just saw this headline. Maybe you can explain Target sued by Florida for hiding DEI faulting disastrous Pride Month campaign. So trying to get DEI out of Target, and they were hiding that they were still doing it apparently, which is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: There are companies and universities that are absolutely just renaming it, doing the same things with the same people, but disguising what they're up to so they don't run a foul of the laws, because racial discrimination is evil and you shouldn't do it.
Speaker 9: It's final, so well comments and.
Speaker 2: Wiz closure for the show.
Speaker 5: Here's your host for final thoughts, Joe getting Let's get a final thought from everybody on the crew.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't that be delightful. Let's begin with Michaelangelow, our technical director.
Speaker 2: Michael.
Speaker 6: Okay, this might be a controversial idea, but just Trump likes UFC right, he has putin get his two toughest men. Zelenski, get his two toughest men, and they fight it out for CRIMEA.
Speaker 5: I like it.
Speaker 1: Wow, that is controversial. Katie Green are esteemed Newswoman. As a final thought, Katie.
Speaker 8: Certainly not as thoughtful as Michael's. But I actually can't think of any food that is served hot that tastes better cold.
Speaker 5: I don't know if it has to be better cold, but cold pizza is it's different.
Speaker 1: Tastes a trait. Maybe you ought to work on being a little less prejudiced against a little more open minded exactly. Yeah, I think that would be good Jack.
Speaker 2: A final thought for us.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we got a text from somebody that more or less agrees with our take on the whole Ukraine Russia Trump thing and hoping that it works out. But mystified et cetera. Anyway, ended with you guys are always great. You make each weekday better and then references my motorcycle wreck where he says Jack, stay focused on the road man. My mild increase in daily he depends on it. So I guess that's what we're giving people, a mild increase in daily joy.
Speaker 2: Wow, glad to do it.
Speaker 1: Uh, get in some more emails on the whole what Trump is up to with bad mouthing Zelenski and the rest of it. Uh, some people who are more sympathetic to the West cause this hit us with your emails. Love it mail bag at Armstrong and getty dot com. Happy to consider your point of view, even if it's dumb.
Speaker 5: Armstrong and Getty Rabbi up another grueling four hour workday.
Speaker 2: I hear them replying You're dumb. Fair enough. So many people to thanks so little time.
Speaker 1: Good Armstrong and Getty dot com for the hot links for the swag in the ang store drop us a line, thanks for listening, get the podcasts.
Speaker 5: Goodbye, we will see you tomorrow. God but less America. Screw it on leaving.
Speaker 2: I thought everything was okay.
Speaker 5: Cheer boo gay gay over, let's go home, go away.
Speaker 2: So let's go with the fire.
Speaker 1: I'm going to call my lawyer, Guy Justice snow white Boy points points arm take two.
Speaker 5: Mind me nailed it down. I let HI know, thank you all very much.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and getting