Speaker 1: Hello, Hi, Yeah, Hi, who's that on your shirt? Gavin Rossdale? Who is that?
Speaker 2: Brady?
Speaker 3: Hello? Tell me who what I need to.
Speaker 1: Get out of the one, two and three? Please let me see. Well while you're doing that, let me play this. Hold on, I'm gonna play this. Hang on playing a song. Now play these two boys. We'll save two special and a serial reviewing Cereal?
Speaker 2: Is this going in a serial?
Speaker 3: It's a serial.
Speaker 1: It's the serial, Siri, it's the serial series, the Cereal Alert show this.
Speaker 2: Delay.
Speaker 1: I'm just gonna stop. It is delay everywhere. You're coming in like a second after so you can't sing. Sorry, okay, no, it's okay. Welcome me, Welcome to Serial Killers. This is episode number one oh eight and today is Monday. Hope you had a great weekend.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, thank you so much for not including me in episode one oh seven. That was really nice. If you thinks well, I tried Andrew Andrew.
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, no, no, Danielle, this was another one.
Speaker 2: Oh you die without you?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was me. It was me and Nate on Friday.
Speaker 3: You're so mean.
Speaker 1: It was me and great Nate because we did frosted flakes and you know.
Speaker 2: I love frosted flakes too. That's a sin.
Speaker 1: Well, that's your punishment, pal my punishment. Yeah, you know, when you have other things to do, that's what happens. You get in trouble and you get punished. All right, Danielle, you're a little bit low.
Speaker 3: Can you pull it up?
Speaker 1: If I pull it up? Then I pull and you're up to and I don't want him any lud. Oh maybe you just need to get a little close there you are?
Speaker 2: Is that better? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I think you're fine. Who cares. It's gonna take me seventeen and a half hours to edit this anyway. So what's the difference.
Speaker 3: You don't do video on this, right?
Speaker 2: You just do?
Speaker 1: Yeah? We should? I mean we could record this, couldn't we I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I could just screen record the whole thing and then just take the audio and put it over it whatever.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, welcome to Serial Killers.
Speaker 2: The extra effort.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, extra effort? How dare I like want to do anything more than actually just like come on, like you should have the last two episodes. But oh my, no, I gotta go running. No, I have to make appointments, No, I have this couch show. I have to do be nice.
Speaker 2: Sorry, it doesn't have it in him to be nice. It's like my birthday was five Well, sorry, what's today's fake date? Oh it's the seventh. It's like my birthday wasn't seven days ago.
Speaker 1: Today's not the seventh. What are you talking about? Even even if it was the real day, It's not the seventh, Today's the eleventh, dude, it's a Monday even.
Speaker 2: I forget.
Speaker 3: I forget how we do this?
Speaker 1: God, Daniel, you're so low. I can't even hear you.
Speaker 2: Really?
Speaker 1: Yeah, now I can do.
Speaker 3: I have to go like then, I have to go right up to the phone line.
Speaker 1: O, because then I could see your mustache.
Speaker 3: I don't have a mustache, you jerk.
Speaker 1: All right, you're good. We'll figure it out anyway. It's Serial Killers. Now what I thought that we would do in this episode. I got a giant box. You have to understand. Every day when I come in, there's packages people keep sending us cereal, and I love it, I really do love it. So in this giant box there was about seventeen boxes of cereal from Millville and Andrew, do you remember where Millville is from? Or you don't recall? No, I don't it was the peanut butter and jelly cereal, remember that. Yeah, I love that cereal peanut butter and jelly puffs. And that was from Millville. And it's from all the ooh you know Aldi, the supermarket.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, we like Well, there's.
Speaker 1: Nearly two thousand al D's across the country, so most of you do have access to them. They are in the Northeast and the southeast and the Midwest and southern California and Texas, so most people have an Aldi somewhat near them anyway. So they have their own brand. It's called Millville. And what I thought that we would do in this episode, as I took three of the cereals that all have ripoff mascots. So on the front of the boxes there's a fake mascot, you know, compared to the real cereal. You'll see what I'm talking about. So if you would take out bag number one please, Okay, now, what is that? Why am I seeing your ear I see in your ear connects.
Speaker 2: Because here's the deal.
Speaker 3: You said you couldn't hear me unless I put the phone up to my face, and so I'm putting the phone up to my face so you can hear me.
Speaker 1: I still don't hear you. Now you're blocking something.
Speaker 3: Is there a way for me to go on my microphone?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: I think it's so weird that I can't. I cannot really hear you. You're on your phone or your computer.
Speaker 2: I'm on my phone because you called me on my phone. You facetimed me on my phone.
Speaker 1: Well, I know, but I'm FaceTime and I'm on my laptop.
Speaker 2: I switched to my laptop. This is my laptop.
Speaker 3: Now, I cannot plug this little thing into my phone. I can do it in my computer.
Speaker 1: You suck. Well, yeah, no, you can get FaceTime on your computer.
Speaker 2: I know. But so do you want to pause this whole thing so she could set this up on her computer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just open your computer and oh, just open FaceTime on your laptop and Andrew will call you back.
Speaker 3: Okay, goodbye.
Speaker 1: We were going to do too today, but I don't know that I have the time now.
Speaker 3: I hope this is not part of the episode where.
Speaker 1: Some of it will be No, we have to start over. No, we're not starting over. Why because I don't remember what I said.
Speaker 2: Oh, he's in such a rare mood today. I can tell you what you said, you said, we got a whole bunch of shipments from Millville. Where Millville? Andy, do you remember where Millbill is from? It's from al d. Of course you don't remember, because you're an idiot. Let's try seventeen different boxes. It's not named brand Cereal.
Speaker 3: Hold on, let me see if I can sign.
Speaker 2: And that brings us to Now can we just zoom? Can we just zoom it? Scott hate zoom? He has like a personal No, I'll I can send out a zoom thing now.
Speaker 1: Sure, let's see how that sounds.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, you're a jerk.
Speaker 1: I get anything from you, Andrew.
Speaker 2: I sent it to z Scottie B.
Speaker 1: But AOL Why do you do that? When do I use AOL? Z?
Speaker 2: What am I sending it to?
Speaker 1: Because I'm so old? You're still on AOL? Danielle, Danielle, she has to click just to click that. Click it, click it click what It's just joined with audio on the bottom left? You there?
Speaker 2: Yay? I should be here.
Speaker 1: Now you're there?
Speaker 2: Yeah? How is everything sounding?
Speaker 1: Danielle? Sounds the same?
Speaker 3: Really?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: No, I'm not. It's fine though, It's fine.
Speaker 2: What it's going on? Back there? Are you like you've taken a hoarding to a new level. What the Oh my gosh, you're it's crazy. You can what are those boxes?
Speaker 1: You can't fit in here anymore?
Speaker 2: I can't clearly what happened.
Speaker 1: Those are all the scrubs, but things get piled on top of them. It's just what never ending.
Speaker 2: So I guess even if I do come back, I have nowhere to go.
Speaker 1: No, you'll have to go somewhere else.
Speaker 2: Okay, sounds great, Thanks so much.
Speaker 1: Now that we got our audio fixed, let's get going. Take out bag number one? Please?
Speaker 3: Got it?
Speaker 2: Bag number one?
Speaker 1: I won't ask Andrew because he doesn't know. Danielle, what do you think Bag number one looks.
Speaker 3: Like Cocoa Crispy?
Speaker 1: No, Andrew, what do you.
Speaker 2: Think it looks like Winstone's one?
Speaker 1: What's it called?
Speaker 2: Cocoa Pebbles?
Speaker 1: Very good? So this is Millville's knockoff of cocoa pebbles. And there's fake Dino on the box.
Speaker 2: See coco rice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so this is cocoa rice and the Cocoa rice is written in like, you know, rock type letters. So they're obviously stealing everything about coca pebbles here.
Speaker 2: This is not gonna taste great for me because I realized before I took these cups that the dog's food was in here. That's discusss.
Speaker 1: I don't understand. What's the matter with you?
Speaker 2: That smells a little bacony. That's it.
Speaker 1: That's gonna skew the ratings.
Speaker 2: It won't. I don't like coco pebbles to begin with, or you.
Speaker 3: Do, But chocolate with bacon tastes good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, chocolate bacon does taste good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but those are begging strips. It's not even real bacon. Wait, you guys are all eating. Hold On, I didn't. I'm not even eating. I didn't eat it yet. Hold he is so smell it smelling. It smells just like cocoa pebbles with.
Speaker 3: A tounch of bacon, kind of making a.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you're right right.
Speaker 1: Scott it What are you doing? The shelf and the refrigerator collapse.
Speaker 3: Hold on, in the video, I can see your butt crack you're doing.
Speaker 2: I didn't miss that.
Speaker 1: No, the shelf collapse in the refrigerator.
Speaker 3: How much clap do you have in there?
Speaker 1: What kind of kind of milk are you're using?
Speaker 3: Bowling basket?
Speaker 1: Oh you got fat free?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm using wholesome pantry reduced fat milk.
Speaker 1: Well, see, your wholesome pantry is the same as it's also shop right, but it's the fu Fu brand. We've got the generic brand, and you got Fou Fou.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: You're welcome.
Speaker 2: Here we go, ready, one, two orders because you need help.
Speaker 1: Very close, very close.
Speaker 2: I actually really like this. It's good.
Speaker 1: Coco Pebbles are a more coocoe, but it's very close.
Speaker 3: Definitely.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm going to give this four bowls.
Speaker 3: I'll give this three bowls.
Speaker 1: Okay, Danielle, you still sound like but I'll have to bump it up for me. Coco Pebbles is a five bowl cereal. Yeah, this ain't it. I'm going to go four on this because it's just not quite there. You could tell that it's the knockoff and it's not the real deal. Even even Cocoa Dino Bites from Maultimeal Yeah, way better. That was five balls. Coco Pebbles was five bulls. This one gets a four because it's just not quite on par. Oh, look at the bat.
Speaker 2: I have like a fruity your taste to you, because I feel like it is like a fruity after taste.
Speaker 1: No, that's the bacon. Look, there's monster Finders on the back. You can draw if you would, please grab bag number two.
Speaker 2: Number two. Oh, that's like your chip shirt.
Speaker 1: By the way, weren't supposed to say anything until later because I was going to play the theme for you.
Speaker 2: Oh, I said it now so you could just play it now.
Speaker 1: Well, now I have to search it.
Speaker 3: Hold on, I'm doing the Scotti shake.
Speaker 1: Oh I don't even have the song ready.
Speaker 2: Oh man, even fifty miles away, I can feel your anger through the computer.
Speaker 1: I don't even know what you're saying because I was playing the stupid jingle over you. This one coming up is going to be the knockoff of fruit Loops. Obviously you can see from your little thing. You could see that the colors are not quite as vibrant, that's for sure. Andrew, who's the mascot for fruit Loops?
Speaker 2: The two can two can't Sam very good, Andrew. When you talk to me like I'm a small child, it annoys me more than anything else in the entire world.
Speaker 1: I know. So two can't Sam was first introduced Stop pouring milk, We're not ready.
Speaker 2: Why can't I get it ready?
Speaker 1: Because then it's gonna get saga I gotta go through muchpiel so two cant Sam first flew onto the Sea in nineteen sixty three.
Speaker 2: I hate everything about what you just said. Never ever say he flew onto the scene, but he's a bird. Zoom off. This podcast is over now.
Speaker 1: I have a question, Danielle. You're into, Like, did you see the Nickelodeon Kids Choice Awards or whatever last weekend?
Speaker 3: I saw parts of it.
Speaker 1: Yes, Now, if you watched carefully, there was a commercial for fruit Loops introducing an all new Toucan Sam.
Speaker 2: Oh I didn't see that.
Speaker 1: Yes, I don't particularly like it. It's a cartoony here, hold on, I'm gonna bring it on my screen so you can see it. That is new too Can Sam with like rainbow eye cartoony anime eyes, and I don't like him.
Speaker 2: Would they do that when they mess them up?
Speaker 1: I don't know, but apparently regular Toucan Sam is still on the box and new whacked out on crack Tucan Sam is the one that they use in commercials.
Speaker 2: What I'm thinking is this Aldie brand? Yeah, it's parakeet pete.
Speaker 1: Well it's called fruit Rounds and he looks like a parrot. Oh yeah, So I was a parrot and a parakeet are not the same thing.
Speaker 2: Okay, so it's parrot pete.
Speaker 1: Get over it, okay, parrot Pete very good. And on the back there's a balancing act and you can do crossword puzzles and and tic tech do. These boxes run about a dollar ninety nine, so you know. But the thing is you can get fruit loops on sale for a dollar ninety nine at times, but this is the regular price is about two bucks.
Speaker 2: So Repete lives in Williamsburg. You could tell by the muted color palette he's hipster compared to his cousin.
Speaker 1: Now, if you smell those, Hey, Andrew, are you in your billiard room?
Speaker 2: Yes, this is you have a Yeah, you have a billiard room in your house. Yes, I'm moving into your house. Damn well, I'm moving out on the seventeenth. You could take my spot. Okay, Oh you're coming back, well to my apartment, put on.
Speaker 1: A mast in gloves and come in and do a show. Anyway, Smell these. It smells just like fruit loops. A little bit more. It smells like a little more like lemon pledge. But it smells just like fruit loops.
Speaker 2: What I will say, is the green in the milk looks a little swampy.
Speaker 1: The grain does look like diarrhea. Yes, all right, here we go like Shrek.
Speaker 3: It looks like Shrek.
Speaker 1: Here we goom that one is pretty right on.
Speaker 3: This is delicious.
Speaker 2: I give it four balls in a spoon. Yeah, I'm a fan.
Speaker 1: This is absolutely fruit loops. No artificial flavors or high fructose corn syrup, that's great. No certified synthetic colors. It's like natural stuff. That's not bad.
Speaker 2: Mostly natural stuff. Most little caveat put a little star on that one.
Speaker 1: I don't know what topo ferrals are. I don't think those are natural. Oh andrew this tumeric extract in here.
Speaker 2: I was wondering what the nice spice was.
Speaker 1: No, it's just for coloring.
Speaker 2: All right, I'm onto the next one.
Speaker 1: Ooh, four balls. I like it. So did you see the new Star Wars cereal that's coming out in the summer.
Speaker 2: Bbota Cereal? I want it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So General Mills just released their Star Wars cereal a month or two or three ago. Remember we did it. And you're like, this isn't the same as Lucky Charms, which it really isn't because the shapes are different and whatnot.
Speaker 2: Are you talking about the Star Wars Cereal that you actually did in like November and it's still sitting back there, or are you talking about the Polish one?
Speaker 1: No, the it wasn't November.
Speaker 2: Yes it was. It was before the Star Wars movie came out.
Speaker 3: There's a Polish Yoda Cereal?
Speaker 1: Yes, well it's here somewhere. I can't find it.
Speaker 2: But at any event, glad you're not clearing out the Cereal vault in any way, shape or form.
Speaker 1: Look, every day I say I'm going to like cut the front of the boxes off and make a claws and whatnot. But I just decided that I just want to get out of here. So I don't really have time to do it. And I'm not coming in on Saturdays anymore because I work from home Saturday mornings. So it's gonna be Christmas. Thanks for you, I'll do it on Christmas. Are you kidding me? What are you talking about? How nice?
Speaker 4: You?
Speaker 1: Stop rubbing your eye COVID?
Speaker 2: Good guy? Why are you so mean to each other?
Speaker 1: Don't rub your eye? What you're rubbing your eye with your dirty finger.
Speaker 2: I've been in my house for a month and a half.
Speaker 1: But you don't know what was on that ziplock baggie I sent you.
Speaker 2: That is you cough on it.
Speaker 1: I might have on purpose.
Speaker 3: Note, but when you package them up, I watch you.
Speaker 2: You have rubber gloves on and everything.
Speaker 1: Anyway, let's move on to baggy number three if you wouldn't mind, Danielle, what does that look like to you?
Speaker 2: Cookie Chris, Cookie Christ?
Speaker 1: It does look like Cookie Crisp. It does, Andrew. We've been through this before, the mascots for Cookie Crisp over the years. You won't remember the first one. You remember the very first one. It was the Wizard. Do you remember his name? Oh yeah, Merlin No Cookie Jarvis, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Remember his because everybody knows that well.
Speaker 1: We talked about it. We talked about it when we did Cookie Crisp. But then there was Chip the Dog with Cookie Cook and Cookie Cop remember those guys, and then Chip Cookie. Then Chip the Wolf came along at two thousand and three and he's currently on the box. Andrew, do Chip the Wolf Pleasekie, Chris, Yes, Cookie Crisp, that's what That's what Chip the Wolf does. I mean, this is a ripoff wolf. If I've ever seen one like, I don't know how they get away with this?
Speaker 2: What is that?
Speaker 1: That's Chip the Wolf's bastard little brother. Like these are all kind of like think about the Baldwin family, right, Alec is the most famous popular Baldwin. He's like the He's the actual mascot and these fake ones are all the brothers that no one even knows their names.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, I do know. Their name is Billy Baldwin is.
Speaker 3: One of them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you know they're not quite as popular.
Speaker 2: So did you just compare Cereal to the Baldwin brothers?
Speaker 1: Ye, because these mascots are all like fake and no one knows who they are.
Speaker 2: Wait, I have a question. Is that a bar code on the side?
Speaker 1: Yeah? They so? What ald He does is they have massive barcodes all over the box. They're everywhere, so that way, no matter how you put the box on the belt, it reads it.
Speaker 2: Oh do you dance with the boxes before you put it down?
Speaker 1: Because I do. I'm dancing. See what do you think his name is?
Speaker 2: Well, he's definitely the runt of the litter.
Speaker 1: Like I said, he's Calvin with a K. He's Calvin with a K, Calvin with cookie. So wait a minute, is this cereal called cookies or cookies, cookies, I guess that's kookies, right, yeah, cookies. So he's the kookie wolf. All right, whatever, let's let's let's let's check it out my milk. It looks just like cookie crisp. Well, actually, it looks a little bit more like the chips of hoy Cereal. I don't remember we did chips a hoy Cereal. Yes, Andrew, when we did Battle of the Cookies back way back last year.
Speaker 2: You noticed it. Sometimes I don't even talk and you just argue with yourself.
Speaker 1: Yes, I noticed that. All right, you're ready to try this thing? Here we go. Does not taste like cookie crisp.
Speaker 3: It tastes chemically.
Speaker 1: It tastes like a marshmallow.
Speaker 3: To me, it tastes like very no chemicals.
Speaker 1: No, it tastes like an actual march dried marshmallow.
Speaker 2: I don't like that. Yeah. It tastes like a sweet potato, like sweet potato pie.
Speaker 1: It tastes like a regular potato. The only flavor I get from it is when you eat one of the like fake chocolate chips. That's pretty much all I get.
Speaker 2: Well, I give it two bowls. I'm not a fan.
Speaker 1: I give it one bowl. Sorry. Oh yeah, this has been a really exciting episode. Thank you for listening to a battle of the fake mascots on Cereal Killers.
Speaker 3: Oh that's what we call a cute name.
Speaker 1: But the thing is this is part one. There's three more. Andrew's eye roll just went so high that he cracked the top of my screen with his eyes.
Speaker 2: Let it be known that when I wanted to do one whole episode of Japanese cereals, you were like, absolutely not. Our listeners will never want to do that. You created a three part series of knockoff mascots.
Speaker 1: You have to understand along with it. Desperate times call for desperate measures. Andrew, back then, Back then, cereal was plentiful and we could do whatever we wanted. None of these are new.
Speaker 2: This tasted like grass.
Speaker 1: Sorry, well then you know what. Let's end this episode. We'll move on to the next one and we can get started. That way, we can clean your palate with some other fake cereals.
Speaker 2: Wait, I need to go get new cups. If that's the case, Look.
Speaker 1: Can you get the non bacon cups we ran out?
Speaker 2: A new package is actually coming today, so I don't know how I'm going to do this, but I'll.
Speaker 1: Figure it out, all right. Well, thank you for listening to Serial Killers. I'm Scottie b here in New York.
Speaker 2: Danielle here in Jersey, and I'm Andrew. I'm in New Jersey.
Speaker 1: Too cool. Please follow us on social media serial Killers PC. Sometimes we post some fun things. Actually I do because Andrew doesn't do anything.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, She's like, you just won't stop attacking me, but do what your problem is?
Speaker 1: What do you? But I need to know? Like, as far as social media goes, what do you do? Every once in a while you'll like something on Facebook?
Speaker 2: Cool. So if you want to listen to this podcast, make sure you subscribe wherever podcasts are available.
Speaker 1: You need to be a part of it. But you need to be a part of it. Like everyone knows.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, make sure you like subscribe. We love hearing your reviews. Give us five stars. We love it.
Speaker 1: Everybody knows when it's me because it's me like saying bad things about you. So you need to retaliate.
Speaker 2: If I post something. What you're going to do is be like why would you write it?
Speaker 1: I get well, because you spell things wrong.
Speaker 3: Spencer just came down the stairs and said, Hey, did you try those that are in the bag right there?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Wait, I'm taking them. Can't upstairs with them?
Speaker 1: Hey, Andrew, do you like my shirt?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Can you see who's on it? I?
Speaker 2: Well, you know, I know you're not going to include me saying that. The whole beginning part of me calling out your shirt and how it's Eric Castrada and chips. But earlier in the episode and Scotty took it out so he could get the clip for this moment, I didn't take it out.
Speaker 1: What instrument was that? What instrument did they have in the seventies that made a noise like that? I don't know. All right, we're gonna go. We'll see you.
Speaker 2: It's a swinger on your tea.
Speaker 1: I don't know why it's a swinger. It's a picture. Yeah, it's a picture of Eric Castrada and it's a swinger underneath it. Yeah, yes, sex with other couples.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: And you're wearing that T shirt.
Speaker 1: I don't know why your T shirt is hugging your curves. Well, it is a large. I do need a large plus now because I've been eating a lot.
Speaker 2: That's been your quarantine.
Speaker 1: What day is today? Monday. Okay, have a nice week. We'll see you on Friday with another episode of Serial Killers. We'll see if both of these clans back with me, and it'll be part two of the Fake Mascots.
Speaker 2: Both of these musters are here.
Speaker 1: Wait did you say bye? Oh, Danielle, You're usually so good. I'm sorry, all right, until we see you on Friday. Say crunch guys, Crunch guys.
Speaker 4: I hope your back later. These justices. I need to come back to reveal the cereals. Oh my phone, my phone ringnial device? Who it is?
Speaker 2: Who it is? Put them on speaker?
Speaker 1: Hello, Hello, Oh it's Ashley. I actually actually I'm recording something right now. Can I call you back?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 3: Can chocolatey Delight?
Speaker 1: Can you open a box of chocolate Delight? Yeah? Sure you can. If it has to do with cereal, you may open it. Hold on, wait, hold on before she before she opens it? Andrew, do you know what chocolate Delight is?
Speaker 2: Who?
Speaker 1: May it?
Speaker 2: Special? K?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: It's a special K. Very good, Andrew, Yes, it's very good. All right, Ashley, we'll talk to you later. Thank you very much, and serial Killers, We'll see you on Friday. Bye bye bye, bye,