Speaker 1: On this episode of This League.
Speaker 2: Oh my godness, the day I've been waiting for the day that everybody else has been waiting for.
Speaker 1: It's free agency, baby, Oh my god.
Speaker 2: So many pieces, so much chaos, People snaking one another out of teams, teams getting fucked, holding the bag, people clearing cat space for no reason, ending up with pieces they don't even want.
Speaker 1: I can't wait. I'm so ready, and we've got tea.
Speaker 2: But on top of that, we have to talk about the bombshell news report Ramona Shellburn just put out on ESPN scathing report about how Kawhi Leonard and Paul George ended up teammates.
Speaker 1: So much to talk about.
Speaker 2: I know Marty will have plenty to say on this topic, and of course we will be here all week to discuss all the news that will trickle all the way, in which I'm sure will be many a lot of moving pieces.
Speaker 1: So before we.
Speaker 2: Go any further, let's just drop the beat.
Speaker 3: Can take care, and you'll be waiting for area plan. Never got the quan, go let me go. When we leased the topics, I.
Speaker 2: Get a lot of hate on social media about how I feel about Kawhi Leonard, and it's not even merited. It's not even warranted because personally, I can separate the difference between the caliber of the player, which Kawhi Leonard is undisputedly if he's healthy, top five, I think everyone sort of knows that. And then there's Kawhi Leonard the human. And I take issue with Kawhi Leonard the human mostly because the world capes for him. The world protects him in a way that they do not protect other stars. Because Kawhi Leonard has opt out of speaking pretty much, That's why people like, oh, Kawhi Leonard is just misunderstood. He doesn't speak, He's introverted. All he wants to do is play basketball. But what the truth is is not that. The truth is Kawhi Leonard is everything that people accuse Kevin Duran of being. He is everything that they accuse Lebron James of being a diva, a snake, selfish, competitive, no loyalty, no ability to think beyond what he wants, no code, no bro code. But he just gets a pass because he never speaks. He is in the Game of Thrones.
Speaker 1: Realm fucking little finger.
Speaker 2: Chaos is a ladder to him, and he's willing to create chaos where there is no chaos along the way.
Speaker 4: Yeah, live in the shadows, make friends with everybody. But back of his mind, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, in the back of his mind he is stepping all over you.
Speaker 1: Oh Soanza, I am here to protect.
Speaker 2: You, and then fucking selling her off to someone else. That's Kawhi Leonard. So this is the story. Yes, he ends Ramona Shelbourne dropped a nuke on the Russell Westbrook to La story by digging up the real reason that Russell Westbrook is now a Laker and not a Clipper. It's about Kawhi. Turns out in the Summer of Kawhi, which we call twenty nineteen the Summer of Kawhi fucking everything up for everyone.
Speaker 1: Russ was feeling like he wanted to leave.
Speaker 2: Oklahoma City fair enough, he had been abandoned multiple times and it was fair that he would want to go to a place that was home for him.
Speaker 1: So he calls up Kawhi.
Speaker 2: Leonard, and Kawhi Leonard, what does he do? Doesn't even answer Russell Westbrook's call. That's kind of a key piece. And instead of picking up Russell Westbrook's call, he understands what Russell Westbrook was calling for turns around and calls Paul George Russell Westbrooks teammate on Oklahoma City, and says, hey, bro, Russell.
Speaker 1: Westbrook is trying to team up with me on the Clippers.
Speaker 2: I haven't made my decision yet, but I don't want to play with Russell Westbrook.
Speaker 1: I want to play with you. He's about to leave you, bro, He's about to abandon you, bro.
Speaker 2: In whatever small, like very like, less worded way. I'm sure he said that you me. He probably said, Russ trying to leave you and me Clippers.
Speaker 4: What you think, Yeah, it's probably not many words.
Speaker 1: Not many words.
Speaker 2: What you think me and you La Clippers, Russ is trying to leave. So Kawhi and Russ to me actually does make fair amount of sense. And the Clippers is such a like a villain team. I would say, like Kawhi and Russ being together in La, both being from La is very sexy, very gritty, like gritty in a way that Paul George is not. So that's how Playoff p came to be alongside Kawhi Leonard and you know what, that's fucking snake.
Speaker 4: I saw that.
Speaker 2: I was like, wow, everything I thought about Kawhi Kauhi is a bad guy.
Speaker 1: He is not a good guy. Like, that's not what good guys do.
Speaker 2: First of all, answer Russell Westbrook's phone call, like, don't turn around and snitch on Russell Westbrook to use that as a trading chip to get Paul George. He made it seem to the world in the moment, did he not that they had been planning this for.
Speaker 4: A while, Yeah, definitely, yoh, yeah.
Speaker 2: They had made it seem He had made it seem like Paul George and him for a like since Indiana had been trying to mastermind a scenario that they would be together as partners in crime because they were good friends and they.
Speaker 1: Could see each other as being these ideal.
Speaker 2: Teammates and it fit together like hand and glove and it's a fucking.
Speaker 4: What which I guess that's on us for like falling for that, because like both of those things happen like in the middle of the night, like I forget exactly what time, but like I I think I was asleep, Like I think I found about it like the next morning, and like, yeah, okay, it's all of a sudden. We didn't hear any rumblings of this like, would you hear rumblings about everything in the NBA, literally everything you hear rumblings about, and then it's all of a sudden like, oh, yeah, Kawhi and PG they just have always wanted to play together.
Speaker 2: You know what's also funny to me is that we should have known Kawhi Leonard was a bad guy.
Speaker 1: And you know what, shame on me for letting.
Speaker 2: My fandom and my hate for the LA Lakers cloud what is true, which is Kawhi Leonard told the LA Lakers he was going to meet them in Thousand Oaks. Thousand Oaks is about an hour and thirty minutes north of West Side, LA in traffic two hours, and then he ghosted them. He never had that meeting, they were on the way, and then he canceled.
Speaker 1: He canceled because he was trying to.
Speaker 2: Buy time to get the Clippers deal done, like a fucking snake calling Jerry West, calling Doc Rivers, dealing with that whole scenario. And in my mind, I was like, yeah, fuck the Lakers, way to go, Kawhi, You're the best and no, like that is fucked. Like the way that Kawhi treat the league is like not acceptable. He gets no more passes for me zero.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean my whole like take on it is like I'm not saying he's like a bad guy. I think he's as I think he's the same type of guy that all these other guys who get inordinate amounts of shit for it, and Kawhi deserves just as much, if not more, of that. Like if Lebron is gonna get called a scumbag, if if Kadie's gonna get called a scumbag, you gotta call Kawhia a scumbag. And yeah, I think he gets a pass for it because he's quiet and like he's like, oh he still drives a Chevy Tahoe or whatever the hell, which I don't even think that's probably true anymore, Like, oh.
Speaker 1: Isn't cute, Like Kawhi Leonard doesn't have social media, Like he doesn't have a cell phone.
Speaker 4: You've got to spread You've got to spread it around, like he has to be included in the If you're one of those guys who thinks that way, like you don't like how the NBA players kind of get together and form these teams, you have to put Kawhi's name in there. And absolutely and this story just emphasizes.
Speaker 1: It, and it's more scumbag than we've ever seen before.
Speaker 4: The one is unique. Yeah, yeah, yeah, because it's not like they were on the same page. It's like he's screwing over his fellow player. Yeah, I agree, it is different.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: You know who Kauhi is to me.
Speaker 2: Kawhi is that nice, quiet guy, that quiet friend that you, as his boy, reach out to and you are vulnerable with, and you tell him like, listen, these are all the problems that I'm having with my girlfriend. I'm thinking about calling it quits, like I don't think we're gonna make it for the long run. And he's like listening. He doesn't say a lot, but he's processing the whole thing. And then when you're like ready to call it, he calls her and then he's like, hey, uh, Marty's trying to leave you.
Speaker 1: He doesn't love you.
Speaker 2: These are all the things that Marty said about you.
Speaker 1: You know what, I've been into you for.
Speaker 2: A long time, and I think you should maybe leave him and maybe we should make it a go. That is dirty macking. That is what we call dirty macking. Literally snake move. If this was a relationship and not about basketball, and this was love. He would have gotten his ass beat. And as much as I already like Russell Westbrook, the fact that this never came out and Russell Westbrook never said a fucking thing about.
Speaker 1: How snaky Kawhi was and then he decided to go to the.
Speaker 2: Lakers, which I think is phenomenal now now so funny, so ironic, paved the way, and Russell Westbrook kept it internal, kept it all to himself.
Speaker 1: I love him so much.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's pretty gangster. Yeah for sure, that's.
Speaker 1: What like real G's moving silence, that's Russ.
Speaker 4: I mean, he may have been Ramona's source, but like, yeah, that's true, but we don't know.
Speaker 2: But we don't know, but we don't know. So yeah, that's the story. That's the story on Kawhi and PG. As much as I like myself, I care more about my dog probably than my own well being. And she's ten pounds twelve pounds and pretty agressive.
Speaker 1: And dog owners.
Speaker 2: When she goes crazy, they sometimes try to come at me. So when they come at me, I come prepared. That's why I've got this strike light. It's a strike light made by Taser and my family. She's my only family that I have, and they are my number one priority, But I want.
Speaker 1: To do it safely. I just want to have something in my hand that at.
Speaker 2: Least shows them that I'm dangerous, even if I don't need to actually do anything to them that's dangerous. The people at Taser believe that a safer self defense is a better self defense. The Taser Strike Light is rechargeable, it's high powered, it has a flashlight. It repels an attacker or someone who's just mad at my dog through its electric stun feature, literally combining a flashlight and a stun gun. Why would you have a flashlight if it didn't have a stun gun attached, That's really the question.
Speaker 1: The Taser Strike Light is a non lethal self protection device.
Speaker 2: I've seen it live in person. It is non lethal self protection device. It is small and lightweight enough to carry with you either in your purse or around your wrist.
Speaker 1: Guns, as we know, carry.
Speaker 2: On necessary risks like bullets for you and for those around you. Also, pepper stray pepper spray low key, very dangerous, harming you as much as an attacker. Also often ineffective. I mean I've seen people get hit with like the the what is it the pepper spray and they just keep going. If you're on PCP and you get with the pepper spray, you just keep going. Protect yourself and your family, which happens in Manhattan a lot. Protect yourself and your family with Tasers Strike Light self defense product. Taser Strike Light is available without a permanent in most US states. Get the Taser Strike Light at Taser dot com. Promo Code League Say fifteen percent now at Taser dot com Promo Code League spelled T A s E R dot com Promo Code League Restriction Supply see site for details. So, now that that's over with, let's talk about what's really popping in the league, which is free agency teams with the most space this offseason. There's eight teams that are really really in play. We've got the Knicks at fifty two and a half million, We've got the Spurs at forty eight.
Speaker 1: Mass has thirty three and.
Speaker 2: A half million, Thunder half thirty million, Grizzlies have twenty four million, Raptors have twenty two million, heat twenty sixteen to eight for the Hornets. And the biggest storyline is this what Russian roulette dominoes with point guards. Russell Westbrook was the first Domino to go, setting the stage that LA is basically unable to get anyone right. And now Kyle Lowry is the second UH Domino to go, and he looks like he's going to the Miami Heat.
Speaker 1: The Miami Heat have.
Speaker 2: Picked up Goran Dragich's player option for nineteen and change and are setting the stage for a sign in trade which is wild with the Toronto Raptors. Where the Toronto Raptors start point guard will be a thirty seven year old Slovenian point guard, Goran Dragic with hankle, foot, knee, shoulder, all kinds of issues with his health. I think there's more, not sure, Yeah, but he's been all over the map in terms of his health.
Speaker 1: Uh. And then then things kind of go crazy from there.
Speaker 2: What do you think about Gore and Draggitch You shook your head, meaning to me you're not on board, you're not rolling either.
Speaker 4: Well, it just takes me back to draft night and say it because I think you and me talked about it, like when they took Scotty Barnes. It was like, Okay, I guess they're planning on bringing Lowry back. But now that they're not it's okay. So you literally just liked Scottie Barnes more than Jalen Sugs And that's which I mean. I guess them taking it over them in any way, you know said that, But yeah, no, it's just crazy to me that that's their plan. Also, like, is tampering just not a thing anymore?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 4: Is it just not like we already know that they've he's been talking to the heat like and no one cares. No, I don't don't think I don't think it's a thing anymore.
Speaker 2: Somebody tweeted this earlier today and they said, I would love to see Woja's scheduled tweets. Yeah, like he's already got it written. They're just ready to push published published, and he probably doesn't like scatters them two to three minutes apart from one another, so it's not just like fifty woge tweets at once.
Speaker 1: And it looks like he's been writing them past the point of tampering.
Speaker 2: Like if free agency starts at six, what deals can you really get done like by six oh two?
Speaker 1: Yeah, like who gets business done that fast?
Speaker 4: It's a busy day on hoot suite for whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So okay, so the Heat want Lowry. Obviously, the Pelicans cleared cat space for Lowry as well.
Speaker 1: The Sixers are like a last.
Speaker 2: Ditch issue ash last ditch effort for Lowry.
Speaker 1: That was hard to say.
Speaker 2: The Knicks kind of want Lowry, The MAVs want Lowry. Only only one will get Lowry. The Pelicans, if they don't get them, they're going to try to sign Lonzo Ball. Lonzo Ball looks like he's going to the Chicago Bulls for twenty two million dollars a year.
Speaker 1: So that's not probably going to happen. Now.
Speaker 2: The Pelicans are looking like their third option is discarded. Former Pelican or former excuse me, former Piston, Reggie Jackson, I kind of like it. Not quite sure they will have twenty four million to clear cap space for Kyle Lowry without Kyle Lowry every telling you who.
Speaker 1: Was interested in you. It's sort of silly in my opinion.
Speaker 4: I mean, I think they were always going to try to clear the space, whether it was going to be used for Lowry or not. I mean, they offloaded twenty million dollars from Eric Bltz, so that's you're going to do better things with that twenty million. Twenty two million actually I think it was then whatever you were getting from Eric bledso, so I don't think it's like they It's not a I'm trying to think of a scenario where someone did that and then just got completely screwed. I don't think it's quite that awful, But yeah, it is bizarre.
Speaker 2: If Dallas can't get Lowry, they're going to try to sign Tim Hardaway Junior, who already makes eighteen million, for somewhere in the neighborhood of twenty something million. However, Tim Hardaway looks like he wants to go somewhere else. Uhh, I don't know about that. Dallas could easily be the team that holds the bag. But there's plenty of we'll call them random assortment of point guards.
Speaker 1: That they could get. They don't really even need a point guard obviously.
Speaker 4: And Dallas never gets free agents. They always like it seem like they should, and then they don't, so I would hope.
Speaker 2: Also, the funny thing about Dallas, which I would actually love, is that there is a rumor, which would be also crazy, that the Raptors do not want Goren draggag on this sign and trade, and that a third team could be in play aka the Dallas Mavericks, and that Goren Draggich would be playing alongside Luca, which they're both Slovenian, which to me would be kind of very cute adoreable that it would be neat, not wouldn't move the needle from a basketball perspective, but would be neat. Yeah, not like and they got bobon Now too. They brought bobon back. They brought Willie Kyley steinback. I mean the thing though, is is Kyle Lowry ready for Mark Cuban to circle his house? And you promised me you were thinking about coming here. Remember what he did that to DeAndre Jordan?
Speaker 4: Like, yeah, no, that was an awesome day.
Speaker 1: Mark Cuban is not above that.
Speaker 4: And they all started tweeting emojis, and then Paul George tweeted it. I mean, Paul Pierce tweeted a picture of emoji because he couldn't figure emojis.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, no, I remember.
Speaker 2: That was so funny and also also not a great start for Nico Harrison and his crew to if they failed to get anyone of note, who would you like to see in terms of free agents going to Dallas.
Speaker 4: Going to Dallas?
Speaker 2: Yes, if you could get any point guard besides Lowry, because I don't think Lowry's going there to sign up alongside Luca or a big man.
Speaker 1: Who would it be.
Speaker 4: I think Lonzo would be kind of funny.
Speaker 1: That would be funny, like just.
Speaker 4: Just for the pure chaos of he and Luca having to coexist.
Speaker 1: They would be so chaosic in terms of the best fit.
Speaker 4: Best fit, Jesus tough.
Speaker 1: I don't think Nerlan's Noel would be bad.
Speaker 4: No, I'm kind of hoping he finds it finds a home.
Speaker 2: Miles Turner could be nice, yeah, Jared Allen could be nice. Rashawn Holmes would be a nice roller. Rashawn Holmes is the number one roller in the NBA. Yeah, I love for Seawan, so that would be an incredible I think you could probably snake the Sacramento Kings into trading you Rashaun Holmes for and another piece for Christasportzingis because you're not maybe trade him for Marvin Bagley and then ship Marvin Bagley out.
Speaker 1: So that's Dallas and then Philly. They're not gonna get anyone.
Speaker 2: The new news about Philly is they're trying to not only move Ben Simmons, but they're also actively shopping Tobias Harris, which personally shocks me.
Speaker 1: I am so surprised at that.
Speaker 2: Two of the worst contracts in the league. You mean you're trying to get rid of them off your books.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, we weren't really thinking about Tobias as we've been busy thinking about Ben. But I don't know. Maybe maybe they're trying to offload Tobias so that they could have more room to offload Ben. Like maybe that's the thinking.
Speaker 2: You're like, Oh, if we offload Tobias, then we could offload Ben and then take more pieces that will influence our future and mortgage us. They're also not speaking at all about Joel EMB's knee injury. That's also new news, is that they refuse to discuss how his knee is doing. My prediction is that the process, as I said before, the process is over. But it's really over now when you're shopping Tobias and Ben and you're not telling us about Joe, and you'll only have the full taxpayers mid level exception, which is five and change for Kelly Olnok or Cody Zeller.
Speaker 1: I mean that's a problem.
Speaker 2: I would say that's a big problem.
Speaker 4: Um, all right, we can still see some Morey magic. Yeah, I haven't given up on.
Speaker 1: The Morris Jim prediction in terms of what they do.
Speaker 4: I maybe that's that's just that's so impossible, like that they're the most up in the air team in the entire league right now, like what their roster could look like on opening night. I think by far, they're the most stuff in the air.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 1: It's it's sort of scary. You know, he's gonna do something. He's not Danny as he will do something. I just it's like you look at the board.
Speaker 2: It's like we talked to the uh SAMs, Vindiari and Andy Lootaday and you're like, there's only so many moves you can make, and I we all know what those moves could be, and like some iteration or one another, and you're like, none of these moves sound particularly good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think you have to take into consideration that there are worse run organizations than Daryl Morey's organization, and like you have to try to target and attack them and try to get like maybe a buddy healed back if you can get Buddy.
Speaker 1: Healed for KCP Kuzma.
Speaker 2: No, it was just Kuzma and the number twenty two pick wasn't it or it was Montres Harrell and and Kuzma for Buddy Healed. Okay, then you can get Buddy Healed if you're Darryl Morriy, because you have enough pieces that are better than those pieces. So all right, other players that are on the move that are to watch. DeMar DeRozan is fascinating to me. Yes, apparently he is looking to get go to Miami on a mid level exception, which is close.
Speaker 1: To nine million dollars. Here's the problem with that.
Speaker 2: Once you decide to make nine million dollars on a contender and maybe you're off the bench guy which he played the most minutes I think one of the some of the most minutes on the Spurs as like a as like a small four, which was.
Speaker 1: Kind of crazy. I didn't even know that.
Speaker 2: Uh. Once you decide to take a role player role on a contender and you're playing like eighteen to twenty minutes per game, and you're making like ten million dollars for two years, it's going to be hard to get your twenty five the next time around.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you get stuck in that. Yeah, like you are now a.
Speaker 1: Mid level exception player.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so Demarta Rosen going to the Heat would be a shockingly bad decision in my opinion.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean it happened to I mean to a lesser extent. I mean it happened to his teammate Rudy get Yeah. Like the second he yeah did that. He was thought of as I don't want to say nobody, but he was thought of as a role player, whereas before he had been an all star and guy making like in the twenty million dollar range, and now.
Speaker 1: He's like a five point six million dollar target for the Golden Table. Yeah right, yeah, which is just wild.
Speaker 2: Lonzo Ball appears to be going to Chicago twenty two million dollars, which I think is fucking wild. Danny Green apparently slated to make nineteen million.
Speaker 1: Where do you think he goes. Nobody's gonna pay him.
Speaker 4: I mean, if he's getting that, he's going to a very bad team. If he's getting that, I guess he'd probably going too. That could be like a Grizzlies panic move like I do, oh yeah, or like a thunder panic move. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think Spencer Dinwittie he's the next Domino on this list because obviously this is.
Speaker 1: All all predicated on what he decides to do too.
Speaker 4: That's my Dallas pick. Going back to I think Queen.
Speaker 2: Any Dallas would be tremendous. There is now rumors that he wants to go. I don't understand how if this is true, if it ends up being Spencer Dinwiddie and Bradley Beal on the Wizards, because all of a sudden, DC is a destination because Bradley Bual has committed there and Casep and him are quote unquote good friends, and Spencer Dinwadie Didnwoody wants to play with Bradley Bual and he's going to take like nineteen twenty two million dollars and then bring other free agents there, don't I don't see how that is a possibility. Apparently he wants to go to DC.
Speaker 4: Damn uh yeah. A lot of my h a lot of my friends there, Pelicans fans really want Dan Witty. Now he's coming.
Speaker 1: Off of an ACL injury. I'm a little concerned.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but like for a team like New Orleans, like you're gonna you just have to hope he's fine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, so I guess so another player that I think would be a very good role player point guard Patty Mills. Paddy Mills a better Ricky Rubio type, sort of like old facilitator, locker room guy, undersize, can do multiple things.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 4: I saw a stat recently that Ricky Rubio had like the lowest per in the pick and roll of any point guard in the entire league last Wow. Yeah, and I like, I mean, granted I wasn't watching a whole lot of Wolves games, but that shocked me because he was not inefficient on Phoenix the previous year. He I mean, he wasn't like stellar, but he was not that level of inefficient. So if he's taken like a dip, then yeah, if he's taken like that big of a dip, then yeah, I would say that Patty Mills is a better Ricky Rubio probably, Yeah.
Speaker 2: So Celtics and Lakers apparently both want Patty Mills. The best thing that I could say about Patty Mills is somebody asked him like, hey, do you know that free.
Speaker 1: Agency is about to start in the middle of the Olympics, And he was like, yeah, I'm unconcerned.
Speaker 2: I am currently completely locked in to this international stage. I love that Reggie Jackson, another point guard who has multiple suitors.
Speaker 4: That's a very Pelicans yes type player that they would get. The guy that, like you know, is probably gonna get paid too much money, But like, who the hell else are we going to get?
Speaker 2: If you were to choose one point guard to go to the Pelicans, who would be besides Lowry?
Speaker 1: We can't choose Lowry.
Speaker 4: I think Dinwittie would probably be the best basketball pick, but realistically, I think Reggie Jackson would make a decent amount of sense for both sides.
Speaker 1: I agree. You know what I think is funny.
Speaker 2: Remember when I said this is the first video on social that really really went viral where it was like who the fuck does Dennis Shruter think he is? And Dennis Shooter at that point had just turned down that eighty four million dollar contract and everybody's like, no, he's gonna.
Speaker 1: Get one hundred million. Da da da da da. It appears now that.
Speaker 2: Dennis Shruoter is completely unwanted by all of the league and him turning down I mean, there may be no sadder story of someone turning down twenty four twenty three million dollars a year and then now going from twenty something million dollars a year to like maybe ten, maybe that that mid level exception of nine point eight or whatever, because he should have looked at the plethora of point guards that would be available this postseason and say, listen, not everybody's gonna get paid twenty million dollars. And if Lonzo's going to the Bulls and they don't want you on the Bulls, what.
Speaker 1: Does he get to do?
Speaker 2: It appears that nobody is going to want to trade for him. The Washington Wizards don't want to trade for him on a sign and trade, and the Sacramento Kings don't want to trade for him on a sign and trade, and they don't really have much flexibility the Lakers to sign him to anything other than the media one year deal. Like do you think he goes anywhere for any realistic amount of money?
Speaker 4: I mean, I don't know. I saw a tweet today it may have been it was probably from one of those like bullshit like NBA retweet accounts or like whatever the hell that said, Uh, Dennis Schreuder is still looking for a twenty million I was like, yeah, I bet he fucking is. Like than he turned right, like uh, I mean he'll wind up somewhere. He's too good to not wind up somewhere. But yeah, it could end up being one of those sad stories of like like like Nerlin's Noel had a really bad one about five years ago, where like he turned down like forg I don't want to say exact numbers, but he turned down a considerable amount more than he ended up signing for. And it could be. Yeah, it could be something like that.
Speaker 1: It's a sad story for Dennis Schruder. Hate to see it happen.
Speaker 4: It's sill been on the Lakers and now he's probably gonna be making less money on a shittier team. Yeah, it couldn't end up being a very sad story for him.
Speaker 1: Could have been, could have been maybe like that would be bad MAVs.
Speaker 2: That would be a bad MAVs scenario, bad Nick scenario, like any team that I actually you think so?
Speaker 1: Yeah, ah, man, that would be brutal. Does he seem like a TIDS guy to you? No?
Speaker 2: But man.
Speaker 1: Davante Graham another one linked to the Pelicans.
Speaker 2: I kind of love that because the new t is a double sign in trade with Lonzo to the Pelicans or to the Hornets Lonzo from the Pelicans to the Hornets, and then Davante Graham.
Speaker 1: To the Pelicans.
Speaker 4: Give me that, Give me that.
Speaker 1: I love that, inject that into my veins. Double ball.
Speaker 2: Ball like literally, what was it, Triple B Big Baller brand. It would literally be the re emergence of the Big Baller Band. They are not dead. I'm gonna buy their shoes. I like Devonte Graham way more than probably anyone else. I think he's He was so underutilized on the Hornets last year. They just way too many guards and he felt quote unquote fell off. He had some injury issues, but like don't sleep like Davonte Graham was gonna win.
Speaker 1: Most Improved Player. I forget who won it over him, but it was very brandon Ingram yep. But it was close. It was close.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean pre pandemic and the nineteen twenty season.
Speaker 2: He was on real unreal. So I think he will end up getting paid and going somewhere fun. I would love to see him in New Orleans another Let's see, is there any other point guards that I can think of? No, okay, so maybe one of the highest, most ridiculously coveted players, Nick Patoum. Yeah, Nick Patum somehow, some way went from being discard from the Charlotte Hornets to re emerging to being like the glue piece Warriors.
Speaker 1: Heat pacers all want them, obviously, the Clippers want them. His size, his.
Speaker 2: Ability to shoot threes, his ability to play the three, four or five guard three positions.
Speaker 1: Good locker room guy.
Speaker 4: He'll do whatever you need him to do whatever.
Speaker 2: He's better than a spot up shooter. Gonna fit right into that mid level exception number. Where do you think he goes? I think he goes to the Warriors.
Speaker 4: Someone good, Yeah, Warriors. Warriors would make a good amount of sense, especially if they're if they if they may assign him for like a little bit more than the mid level exception maybe.
Speaker 2: And I was hearing from I forget who or where, but that he was very close to signing with the Warriors before Clay tore his achilles, and so then once he tore Clay tore his achilles, was like, I'm gonna go to a real contender. But now that Kawhi has torn his ace, maybe it's time to move from one place to another that's actually like quote unquote contender. And I think actually Nick Batoum would I don't want to say, like, I don't want to say like be a big step up for the Warriors in terms of how many more wins or whatever, but like he is an important role for someone Hey how.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, No, I mean he's gonna help a good change. I think a good team is going to bring him in to be like the seventh guy, seventh thithh guy.
Speaker 2: And he should one hundred percent send an entire case a very fancy French wine to Tylou for utilizing him in a way that shows, Wow, Nick Batum can actually like contribute on a championship caliber roster in a way that if we didn't move him to the small five, we might have fucked around and lost to the Dallas Mavericks.
Speaker 4: Yeah so, and that's facts.
Speaker 2: Another person going to the Warriors, probably Andre wouldall. He's been desperate to get out of Miami. I was told like many months ago that he was renting an apartment right next to the facility because he did not want to be there.
Speaker 4: Literally, that's start to see as little of Miami as he was.
Speaker 2: Like at any point I could be shipped out. I don't want to buy a house. I'm here on a two year deal. They're definitely gonna let me go at the end because I'm getting paid fifteen million dollars and like, fuck this culture, I'm not playing any minutes.
Speaker 1: I'm out.
Speaker 2: And so he was packing like he was packing to leave, like before the season was basically over. So you know, that's that's I think Andre will either go to the Lakers for very little money or the Warriors for very little money. He's yeah, and help to develop guys like Kaminga or Moses Moody, et cetera, et cetera, like a veterans sort of like a EU Donnis Haslam.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just go back home. Yeah, I mean that would make sense. He's been linked to Phoenix as well. I don't see it really happening, Like you say, Lakers. I'm already so mad at who they're going to sign to minimum deals, Like you know, the Lakers are gonna get like four pretty good guys on minimum deals.
Speaker 2: But I think what's funny about the Lakers is they're they're gonna get guys that were really elite back in twenty twelve, like guys like Carmelo Anthony. And I've got something to say about him, Carmelo Anthony. Uh I said, maybe Kevin Love, like on a buyout, They're gonna get Dwight Howard, who was amazing in twenty twelve, like JaVale McGee maybe coming back. Avery Bradley might be coming back. And now they have Russell Westbrook and they've got Brown like all these guys were all NBA in twenty twelve.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sure, Like so I don't see these.
Speaker 2: Veteran minimum deals even mattering. Maybe if it happens exactly like guys. And by the way, DeRozan, the NBA has like changed drastically in the course of his contract coming to Fruition. He like he got shipped out of Toronto because the way that he played basketball was so out of date.
Speaker 4: And now it's like back in again and they could get Kawhi and they but.
Speaker 2: Like literally Nick Nurse was like, oh, I'm not a fan of the mid range, and now it's like mid range is back, baby, like Chris Paul.
Speaker 1: Middy's back. Middy's back. Also, I have to talk about this.
Speaker 2: It's near and dear to my heart, something that's deeply personal, something that I feel like if I break this down to you specifically, you will understand my pain and you will be outraged for me and really for justice, justice and fairness.
Speaker 1: All right, So Carmelo Anthony.
Speaker 2: Carmelo Anthony is now linked to the LA Lakers and to the New York Next He wants to play either to re invigorate his reputation in the city of New York or to play with his friend in Lebron James. And upon first glance, you might say, trusta, that makes sense, right, He's he's been importantly a couple of years and he's back now.
Speaker 1: He's valuable and wanted, like why not? And to this, I say, fuck you. Here's the thing.
Speaker 2: Carmelo Anthony was sitting on his couch for an entire season, literally ten games. He played for the Houston Rockets, and no one, not anyone, twenty nine teams, no one wanted him. He was the girl that could not get a date asking around, Hey you want me, I'll take any role, I'll do anything for you. And everybody on TV was like, na, Carmelo is a cancer. He's the worst, no chance, Like, he's a bad locker room guy who wants to put an All Star, former All Star at the end of the bench. He's just going to cause problems and you know, what. Lebron James didn't pull him out of that fucking hole, did he not? Lebron James, basically GM of the Lakers didn't say, Carmelo, we have a role for you, veteran.
Speaker 1: Minimum when he could have. Could he not?
Speaker 4: He could he could have.
Speaker 2: Lebron James let Carmelo Anthony suffer, suffer in anonymity where he was forced to make mixtapes in a fucking hoodie at Summit in New York City, and he's like, comeback season, It's hoodie season.
Speaker 1: Blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: He's like with Chris Brickley and all those cats, and the world's wondering when Carmelo Anthony will be all the disrespect and why can't he be back in the league. And Lebron James watching this all on social media, didn't do a goddamn thing. You know who did, Damian Lillard. Damian Lillard pulled him out and said, not only did I want you when you were on Oklahoma City, not only did I want you when you were on York. Not only did I want you when you were in Houston, I also wanted you when you were on a couch. And no one was gonna fucking pick you up and hire you. And I brought you in and we got you a good role, and you were making like great, getting great shots, great minutes, meaningful minutes in the playoffs. And now that his career is back on the upflow and he's wanted by teams like LA and want to buy teams like New York, he's ready to fucking dip like a little snake.
Speaker 1: And you know what, if you don't understand how fucked up that is, then I haven't explained it well enough. Do you agree? Do you understand what I'm saying?
Speaker 4: I do agree. I do agree to a certain extent. At the same time, he's not under contract right now, he's able to go. If he went to LA, I would feel it a lot more. Your point about Lebron is very well taken. I think there's a lot of legitimacy to that. It just kind of feels like the Knicks is it Hew York?
Speaker 2: He does, And you know what, Lala' is not gonna fuck you, bro, And these New York fans aren't gonna fuck you, bro, like they're never gonna forgive you.
Speaker 1: It doesn't matter like he.
Speaker 2: Should know him coming back to New York is only going to reopen that wound of how much they fucking hate you because of who you were supposed to be and who you were not and who knows, Like it was the coach, Like you didn't have the right coach, blah blah blah, they wanted to run the triangle. Mary got hurt, YadA YadA. But believe me, the New York market is still vicious. The fans and the media are still vicious.
Speaker 1: Same with LA. Just stay in Portland. It's safe there.
Speaker 2: Like, no one's gonna fuck with you, nobody's gonna no more open wounds.
Speaker 1: Your legacy and your reputation are still intact. If he goes to New York or LA.
Speaker 2: People are going to be bringing back up some of the things that he did when he was like old mellow.
Speaker 1: God bless him.
Speaker 2: I hope he doesn't go to LA though, God bless him. Do you have any more predictions or things that you want to see?
Speaker 4: Uh? Things that I want to see?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 4: I don't know. I'm really interested to see where Eggy goes. I think that's a very interesting storyline of here. Nerlin's Noel I think is really going to help a team. Yes, he's kind of exactly the kind of bench big that you want. Now, He's kind of just prototypical in that regard.
Speaker 1: So I think like Nets could get him.
Speaker 4: Nets could get him, Phoenix could get him. Yeah, no, I like that. I've been thinking about that for a while.
Speaker 1: Not really like got my heart pumping.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, it'd be perfect spell to aiden.
Speaker 2: Uh, like you think you know who's really we didn't talk about it at all. Was Rashaun Holmes and where he'll go?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I think he's gonna end up unfortunately, he's in that part of his career where he's probably well, he's definitely gonna want to maximize the amount of money he gets asking Yeah, so like and a good team's not gonna give him that. That could be Uh, that could be like a Grizzlies or a Thunder or something like that. Trying to think, what like the.
Speaker 1: Thunder do anything to help them win games?
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no no, Which is why I think they may overpay for a guy like that that may like be like a fan favorite and stuff like that. That actually seems like a move that they may make. Yeah, as far as like guys that I'm also interested in, like I mean Drummond, we haven't talked about.
Speaker 2: Uh, he's seeking fifteen million, which I think is absolutely banana.
Speaker 4: No, he won't. He may be like goes, goes into the season not on a team and ends up signing somewhere where like someone gets hurt or something like that.
Speaker 1: Obviously, Norm Powell to Portland.
Speaker 2: I'm watching so that I'm not even gonna talk about it because I'm just hoping he stays. Oh, Evan Fournier rumors that he's not going back to the Celtics, which is interesting, and that's obviously why they got Josh Richardson. I don't know that that moves the needle, but Evan Fournier is I think to me, Evan Fournier is setting up to have a letdown, Like he thinks he's gonna get twenty twenty two million dollars a year, and I do not think he's worth like all these guys just think they're worth twenty million dollars.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean like guards. I mean guards are getting paid a shit ton of money, but I mean they can't all make twenty million.
Speaker 2: That's say there's only thirty teams, yeah, and there's only so many slots for so many types of players.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I don't think he's one of them. Oh.
Speaker 2: Yes, on Duncan Robinson, twenty four million is what he's asking for and probably gonna get from the Heat, which is fucking bananas as well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, is Duncan.
Speaker 7: Robinson that good?
Speaker 1: I wouldn't pay him twenty four million money even Joe Harris.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, I wouldn't. No, I would not.
Speaker 1: He's not as good as a shooter as Joe Harris.
Speaker 2: No. Literally, you were at fucking Wesleyan or wherever before Michigan, Like, you're not that Sorry, you're not that guy.
Speaker 1: I hope Alex Crusoe gets paid. That would get paid.
Speaker 4: That would be fun.
Speaker 1: Like I could see him on like a on an Okay Oklahoma City Thunder team. He could be fun him and Shay. I can see that he'll probably go back to l A just cause.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that's kind of.
Speaker 2: It in terms of players that I'm really excited about. I'm really obviously excited to see where Myles Turner goes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that's pretty Oh.
Speaker 4: Campaign, Yeah, I was just about to say I personally I'm interested in campaign the Sons can offer him at most because we have his bird right, so they can offer him at most ten and a half for year one, which if someone yeah, which is nice. But if someone offers him more than that, we can't match it.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I could see the poison pill. Poison Pill is ready to go. I could see the Knicks liking him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, no, And honestly, I think the uh I think the sham At trade was kind of insurance for that. Yes, so facts if it happens, it happens. I'll miss him.
Speaker 2: But yeah, Well, that's all the time that we have the Free Agency Show, the Monday Free Agency Show. Much more is going to come out in like a couple of hours. So if you listen to this post six pm, which you probably will, just just realize that we're recording this at four so there's no information for you, but at least you're set up to know who can make what, what teams are looking for who, And we'll see you later this week, probably either tomorrow or the next day, depending on what ends up shaking out in the first couple of hours of Free agency.
Speaker 1: All right, Marity, let's do this. That's all the time that we have for this league podcast.
Speaker 2: Please like, please subscribe, Please rate and review on Apple, on Spotify, follow us on TikTok on YouTube, on Twitter, on Instagram. All the places at this league, the big they come on, how.
Speaker 8: Do they fall?
Speaker 7: It's time to risk it all.
Speaker 8: Say hello to the big dog, say goodbye to all the falls. Keep it a hound and keep it on honey, and keep it a down certain people, so that we don't alive.
Speaker 5: No no, no bow pole, No no, no bowl pole. You a slow pole all black?
Speaker 8: Oh gonna stay?
Speaker 4: Who come the best?
Speaker 8: I'm the best case closed rock, count rock.
Speaker 5: I ain't no joke.
Speaker 4: Give me that, give me that, give me he give me that, give me that, give me that. I want this and now what you mean I can't have that?
Speaker 8: Stay your lane, Lois Lana start stirred on him. Stay your lane.
Speaker 7: Penny Layer starts stirred on him.
Speaker 6: Big big, big big dog, big dog, big dog, walk in big ok.
Speaker 4: With the dog.
Speaker 8: I'm a risk it all. I'm a risk it all. I'm a risk it all. A big big, big big dog dog, big dog walking, big dog walking with the dog. I'm a risk it all. I'm a risk it all.
Speaker 4: I'm a risk it all.
Speaker 7: Ooh, you got a risk it just to get a biscuit, biscuit? How many licks does it take the liquor? She wont a lictor, trapper, but she.
Speaker 5: Already to elect a rapper.
Speaker 8: Oh mine, oh mine, so fly fly, I stay fly, I stay fly quality just to get by.
Speaker 6: I want it all, not.
Speaker 7: A piece of the pie. Everybody eats everybody.
Speaker 8: And we keep all of the receipts.
Speaker 7: Weing good, We live in good.
Speaker 8: We could have made it up about the hood.
Speaker 4: Give me that, give me that you mean, I give me that, Give me that, give me that to.
Speaker 5: Me that I want this?
Speaker 1: And there what you mean?
Speaker 2: I can't have that?
Speaker 8: Stand your lane, Lois Lana skirt stirred on him.
Speaker 7: Stang you lane, Penny Lana skirt skirred on him.
Speaker 6: Big big, big big dog, big dog, big dog, walk in, big dog, walk here with the dog.
Speaker 8: I'm a risk it all. I'm a risk it all. I'm a risk it all. A big big, big big dog, big dog, big dog, walk in, big dog, walk in with the dog. I'm a risk it all. I'm a risk it all.
Speaker 5: I'm a risk at alle