Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: One draft lottery prospect refused reportedly reportedly refused to work out for the Hardest because he didn't want to play with LaMelo ball.
Speaker 3: Jo, Damn, they ain't don't mellow like that.
Speaker 2: Dang. I thought, uh, you know, I thought Lamello's one of the little white ens and everybody you know look up to it. Yeah, we like him being play with. That's what they're saying. But if you coming into the if you're coming into the NBA, are for me. It's like, if you coming into the NBA, you got an opportunity for fear your dream.
Speaker 3: I don't nessar.
Speaker 2: I can't see how these young dudes will feel like, you know what they're entitled. It's a different error, not Joe. Hey, we had to get it where we get it. Now they get they want to choose. Hey, I go on the job. I don't want to work these hours. I want to work this hour, and I need to work. I need to work two days a week from home. I mean that that's how that's that's how this new generation is, Joe. I mean, they've been got sporing with COVID, so now people feel like they got choices. Hey, this is once in a lifetime opportunity. Man, it is I play a I play anywhere. Yay, beggers, can't be choosing you want to get drafted? May ain Look unless you really feel like you him and you really gonna change the franchise. Okay, I can see that you got the utmost confidence in yourself. But to say you don't want to play with a guy, Man, you don't know what it's gonna like when you get on that You don't know what it's gonna be like when you get on that team.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know. I can't.
Speaker 2: It's hard for me to young. And they different, not Joe, I know, man, I know they different. Now they different. It's not like you know what came up. We just hey, we have it. It's like you used to be happy to have a job. Man. Now you go ahead and telling people, look, look here, I wanted this job and I want to work these hours. I want to work this much money. I need this holiday off, I need this by much time for vacation. Hey, well, I came into the draft. I worked out for the top ten teams. I'm talking about from.
Speaker 3: Damn, Joe, you tied what number one?
Speaker 2: I'm talking about from the Wizards who had the number one pick, all the way to Boston who had the tenth pick, and I got drafted by Boston with the tenth pick. Hey, look, I ain't gonna lie I felt like the first three picks I was wasting my time because we had a bunch of high schools. Was Kwame Brown, Eddie Curry, Ic and Chandler, and then we had piled As Salt in there. Nobody kind of you know, he was a foreigner, so people didn't really kind of know and understand. We knew he was talented, but I'm like, man, they know they all going with big Why y'all wasting my time? Got me up here working out for the Wizards, But you got a free trip, Joe, I got a free trip and I got to hang out with Michael Jordan. But at the same time, I felt like that was a waste of time. And then going to work out for the Wizards at number one pick, I'm like, man, y'all need ship. But hey, hey, my best workout I ain't gonna lie on. My best workout was with Boston. I worked out with really it was me. It was me, Richard Jefferson, and a dude named Jeff Chapangne from USC. So you know, like when you go into these workouts, you like a guy like me coming at the SEC, coming out of the Arkansas, I wasn't like highly sought out, So like I'm looking for guys like Jason Richardson, like Richard Jefferson. I'm like, I sure hope we do because they would put something on them. You hear me, you hear me. So we worked out in Boston. That was by far my first, my best workout. I probably I probably missed like two shots the entire workout we played. We played one on one, a bunch of shooting drills off the dribble, Like it's so much. They wear you out.
Speaker 3: They wear you out in these workouts and they try.
Speaker 2: To see what what do you have or how can you get to that next level when you get fatigued? What is it like? What is your play like when you get tired? And that's what a lot of these workouts are about. You know what I mean. They ain't gonn just bring you in and right off dunk you just just get you to a stretch and then y'all start playing. They gonna put you through a lot of mental work before you get to that point. And so a lot of these guys got to know and understand man them them. Hey, look I should have live for them workouts. I worked out for.
Speaker 3: Ten teams ten.
Speaker 2: What they would say, you every every couple of days, I'll flying to a different city. And now look, now you've got guys who said they don't even want to work out, or you got to give me a promise. I mean, think about this, hey, Chad, think about this. You go on the job interview and you's like, you say, yeah, we'd like for you to come in. We'd like to have have an interview. I only come in and you promise you gonna hire me right right now? We're good.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, that's where that's where we are right now.
Speaker 2: Joe Caddis Parker stands on business doesn't like Geno Aurema out of respect for Pat Summit beef with him. Joe, is there anybody you'll ever be cool with out of respect for a friend? Is it anybody I would be cool with out of Yeah? So if he's not cool with your friend, that means he not cool with you. Yeah, So I'm I'm inher in somebody else beef im as I'm trying to see what out Basically, you got Hey, look you do got people who move like that? Now, you for sure that people who move like that. Now, now if we real close friends, you my best friend, and you don't you don't like this that and the third nine, I ain't gonna be mixing and mingling with him now. But it mean you just associates, you know what I mean? You got you tell me somebody and they ain't got nothing to do with me exactly what? So, yeah, that's how I am because I look my best friends bucket and burns like they know me. I know them. If they don't wrong with you, it's so you Yeah you really you really thought absolutely so that I did my intend of me to go up, and so I need to stay I need to stay away from it. Yeah, I'm I'm the same way. So like if if my close close friends, guys who I grew up with, they tell me, oh man, I don't mess with X y Z all right, cool, we ain't messing with him, I see him. I ain't gonna mess with them either. Yeah, I'm like exactly, I'm like that. Yeah, but now if me and you, you know, we just associates. You cool.
Speaker 3: But you tell me you don't that. They ain't got nothing to do with me, brother, nothing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you I don't do that in here to be nah nah No, I ain't in hearing nobody be No, but years different. Now we're on the team like I go. Like when I went to the I went to the Broncos. We hate the Raiders, Raders. They never did that to me. I used to like the Raiders. Now I hate the Raiders too. I hate yeah for sure. Yeah, professional sports, it's a lot. Yes, yeah, it is you. You you inherit beasts because yep, because you just like you're a big fraternity. So it's like your teammates. You spend more time with them than you do anybody else. You always gonna have a back right wrong, different, you know what I mean. So I understand that part. And and it happens a lot. Yeah. And when Pittsburgh and we went to Baltimore, they we ain't like to this like man Tennessee.
Speaker 3: Man, Okay, we don't like the Titans.
Speaker 2: And then the Steelers because the Steelers rivalry wasn't the ribbery until you know, in two thousand we got there and I started talking trash to coach Coy and Coach Cown shot back, and then I said something to Plax and then they said it back, and then it's now. It's one of the best rivers in the NFL. Packers, the Packers, Bears, Steelers, Ravens. Yeah, those are what those are two of the best ribers. You won't find a better rivery than those two ribberies. And the hatred, the dislike, Like when I got to the Broncos, we had Raider Week. We hated the Raiders because and then Mike Shanahan became our head coach. Mike was the coach for the Raiders for like twenty games and then Al Davis firing and then wasn't paid his money. Told him he said, guess what, sue me. It'll cost you more to what I owe you in lawyer fees. So Mike just said, better forget it. So Mike told us the story all that man, oh you wanna pay? Okay, We're gonna beat the hell out of his team.
Speaker 3: It's probably trains talking the entire game, even leading what man please the Raiders?
Speaker 2: Man, all they do see and the thing with the Raiders that like football, Joe, the Raiders are one team. You ain't really gotta study no film because they're gonna be right there in front of you. They're gonna play man coverage every snap, every snap. Minoeimano, minoeimano. Okay, I like that, and they gonna chief shot you. But I'm gonna get my lick back on somebody. You I'm gonna get you. I'm gonna get your teammate, but somebody gonna get God. Same thing with Kansas City where when they had Kevin Ross and Albert Lewds. Albert Lewis would really made me a Hall of Famer Pro Bowl player because I feel if I can beat him because he's the toughest defender I happen to go against. And then they got Carter and they got Hasty Fan Please probably made you a better player too. Absolutely, But they were dirty, Joe bad. They were dirty. I know I know them type man. Hey, look, ain't nothing like playing against because you know, when you play against somebody who's dirty, you understand what you got to bring to the table that day. Yes, I mean you can't even I gotta keep your head on swills, Yes, sir, you can't be playing Yeah, I know. I'm like, I mean, like the Dale like Dale grew up in Joe. He Dale Cardiff, he from Georgia, and he do something cheap. I'm like, man, damn, why you can't just be just chill this game. Let me get out of here, Ben, I don't have to do something to you, to your teammate's damn, I know you gonna come. I mean even do something to my team. Man, I gotta get I gotta get somebody. That's just that's just, that's just it. Hey, man, such and such man something your cheap shot of is shot of be oh, oh, we got to get him back. And you and you know, and you already know going into the game, what is gonna be. So you are already ready mentally you so you are of the chiefs. Oh, it's gonna be some face mask, it's gonna be some it's gonna be some dirty ish going on. So just get ready, just get ready. So I'm gonna get Like I said, you get me, I'm gonna get you with your teammates. Hey, he got me, so I got you. I could get him, so I got the back through the things. So tell him the chill. I chill. Hey, I know I ain't gonna be the only one lipping off the field. I promise you that's football different though, man, Joe. But see the thing else, it's hard like in like I guess you're a hard file. You like you like you going to the blocking shot and you can get somebody's elbow. But in football, I can make it look like a football play. And I'm really, I'm really intentionally trying to get you up out of it. That's what I'm saying. I'm saying even like even when even from watching, when I see like a pile right a power got yeah, I was like, you can cheap shot in that when you in that little power right there figure right through the face man right in his eye. He said, you get hey, somebody had down there. You get up, step right on his hand, thirty all that way. Yeah, oh yeah, you get a back. Yeah. But see and when I when I was in the league, they don't. You can't do it now, the blind side block, the crack back. Oh, I'm trying to get you up out your helmet. I'm trying to put my hand. I'm trying to put my helmet right here. They ain't playing no more. They get you, then they won't let you know, they won't let you do that. They gonna find they'll find the hell out you. You do that, first of all, they go throw a pienoty and then you go get that fair X letter in your lock. On Wednesday, absolutely, oh, they gonna get you. The Ravens signed veteran cornerback y'all Hear Alexander to a one year deal worth four million that could pay up the six million after incentives. Alexander reportedly had offers for more money elsewhere for Adam Schefter, but the opportunity to play with this former college teammate, Lamar Jackson was too much to pass up, especially after Lamar pushed hard for Alexander to side with Baltimore earlier this week. So now they have John Alexander, pro bowler, Marlon Humphrey, pro bowler, Nate Wiggins, uh the top first round draft pick, Kyle Hamilton, one of the premier safeties all Pro, and Malik starts Malaki is that is that Malakai Malachi starts with the rookie Hey Ravens going for this year on Absolutely, they ain't got no choice. Nope, they ain't got no choice. They gonna done zero. Look, they already know they're gonna get great contribution from from Lamar yea and and and Deck Henry. And you add some of them them blue collar workers around them, them guys who can defend. I think that's what they're looking for. They love they gave Henry, They made him the what third highest played running back. Uh. Then you are signed Rishard Bateman to a long term deal. Uh. Lamar is in line to get an extension. He's gonna get, you know money. You got Zave Flowers who are phenomenal last year, made the Pro Bowl, but he got hurt that last game and ended up missing the playoffs. And now defensively, you got ro Kwan Smith who's one of the better mental linebackers. You got Marlin Humter who's tremendous at the slot. Jah here if he can stay healthy. That's been this issue in the last several years in Green Bay. He couldn't stay healthy. And then you know them trying to push him to get on the field. He's like, I'm not healthy. When I'm out there, I'm looking bad. So I put in bad tape out there. So he's like, we knew it was just gonna eventually, it was gonna it was gonna end with them, but I like, I like this move. They're one of the better teams now from top to bottom offensive defense. We know what they represent offensively with Lamar, who's always gonna be in the MVP discussion, Derrick Henry one of the two best backs in football, uh top three him, Christie McCaffrey and uh Saquon. Now Lamar is gonna have to do it. I just need to be Lamar, to be Lamar in the postseason that we see in the regular season. That's it. I don't need, I don't need, I don't need him in a cake, but I just need him to be him in the postseason like he is in the regular season.
Speaker 3: And he does such a great job.
Speaker 2: To go back and look at his stats, great job protecting the football and some for some ungodly reason, and I don't know if he's putting too much pressure on himself, but the turnovers happened. But I think turnovers get your beat. You know, in the postseason, things are a little different. You know, Teams game play a lot harder, even even in that that defensive front, you know, knowing they got to get off to get after the ball a lot more. You know, like in the regular season. You know, he's Lamar's pretty much freely. He playing free. You know, he's out there having fun, running around, throwing touchdowns. In the postseason, man, it's a lot different. It's a lot different in the posts in basketball and football. And uh, you know, for like you say, for whatever reason, them turnover has just been killing him in the postseason. So I look forward to, you know, learning from their mistakes. And obviously you know this is I mean, it's a great chance from the you know, finally get him one. You know. The thing is, Joe, what I tell people, the thing that people talk that love about football is that you, guys, if you play a series sport football, hockey, excuse me, basketball, hockey, baseball, which means best two out of three, three out of five, four out of seven, and if you get to that final game and the series is tied to two, or the series is tied, you know whatever the case may be, three to three, and we need the final game. In the NFL, every football game is a game seven, and you're dealing with the finality of it seeing the regular season. Okay, hey guys, we're gonna flush that one. We're gonna move past that one. X Y and Z is on to the next But there is no tomorrow when you play football in the postseason. Tomorrow is next year. Yeah. And you go in and you're gonna get your stuff, and if you don't lose that game, they're gonna give you a healthy bag and you're gonna put your stuff in there. You're gonna clean out your locker and you're gonna go talk to the general manager, Gon, talk to the head coach. You're gonna get a clean bill of health from the trainers. How you feel anything, blah blah blah. You gonna have surgery. You're gonna sit you up for the surgery. It's over. And I think and and and Lamar is like I said, it's the And I think he just puts so much onus on himself. He's like, man, I gotta do it. I gotta do it. And he has the team of riding that it can do more than that year. You got it. He gotta be great almost every not almost, but every night, especially in the postseasons. Like you said, it's no tomorrow.
Speaker 3: If he just.
Speaker 2: Holds onto the if he just like the turnovers, I don't need him to throw for three hundred.
Speaker 3: I don't need to rush for one hundred.
Speaker 2: But even if you throw for three hundred and you turn the ball over twice, he's probably gonna get you because especially the further you go, because the further you go in the postseason, the better the teams are. And you pay double for turnovers in the postseason, and pressure build up. That pressure builds up because you know it ain't no tomorrow. You go out there making them mistakes. Yeah, but looking at this secondary, this secondary is good. I mean it's very comfortable to what they got in what they got in uh in Philly. Yeah, yeah, yeah, Yeah, they're gonna be able to compete with the best. Yeah, They're gonna be to compete with the best. It's gonna be a fun Dallas star cornerback Trayvon Digg said that the Cowboys will win the Super Bowl this season. This will be our year. Joe, I show to young, I show Obi right, boy, I show you right. Is he gonna be able to he got the injuries? Is he gonna be able to come back and play this year? Yeah? What what injury he got? But he had an injury he missed time last year? Joe, Yeah, from this a cl I think was his AC. He just came back from AC. I think he'll be alrighty know, that'd be what a good year.
Speaker 3: Some change removed from there. Yeah, but he's aiming for week one.
Speaker 2: But he had it was it was significant damnages though, so he's he's to say he's aiming for week one. They know, and Cowboys do a great job of kind of airing on the side of caution. Man, before he got that injury, before he got that first injury, he was he was special. Look, he's a feast of famine. Got Joe. Now, he gonna get you now if you don't double moving and you just let him sit back.
Speaker 3: Oh, he gonna get you now.
Speaker 2: And he because he went to college as a wide receiver, coach Saban moved him to defensive back, so he got the receiver hands as a DP. Yeah, look, I should hope he right if we he not hold on, hold holdo, come on now, hey, look I like the confidence he leading with. Okay, you do realize that in order for them to get to super they got to go through the Eagles, right Detroit, Green Bay, San fran We just gotta bab we just gotta be better than then. For one for one game, y'all ain't been better than know why for a lot of game last year. Remember, we gotta we try to move forward. We can't continue, Okay, we can't. We can't continue the back track and talk. We just gotta do. We gotta move forward, hey, hey, and hold for the best. All right? So I like I like how you're thinking. I love his confidence and uh hopefully what if mikay there, y'all ain't signed Michael yet. Y'all ain't give Michael his money? Come on, you know we're gonna get that man in money. He gonna get his money. And why y'all right to wait to the last minute? Why y'all wait to the last minute? Man, you knew the prom? Why did you knew the prom? You knew you a junior or you a senior, and you knew you going you wanted to go to the prom? Why you wait the week of the prom to go get trying to get the tucks? Listen, listen, y'all that you gotta go down there with duck tails. You know, you know how Jared Jones operates. He gonna pay him, He gonna pay He ain't gonna have no choice. He gotta pay him. He got no choice, and he wants more money than Miles Garrett money Chin chain is ouran. He gonna want.
Speaker 3: Forty two, forty three, forty four, Kurt, he gonna get it on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he gonna get it. He's just we just needed to stay in shape. Won't need him to miss no uh uh no camp. We don't even miss none of that. I hate when them dudes be missing camp because because you know, coming into camp. If you miss camp and then you come back the week we play, man, come on, it ain't gonna be pretty. You know, it ain't gonna be pretty. We need you out there on that field baby, with the squad. Yeah, but hopefully h Treyvon is healing up good. Uh and he'll be you know, he's aiming for week one and we'll see how that turns out. New coaching, new coach, and new defense. So it's gonna be interesting. We need uh. Adrian Peterson got into a scuff with a poker player, followed dispute overhand.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: We got the video. Oh snap, that man must have some cards. He must have been sitting under some cars. Hey I'm talking about and I guess they were good friends. They known free they've been friends for a while, so they just they're just letting them like, oh man, damn man, he wailing.
Speaker 2: On this man? What what what that's about? Hey? Somebody I read I read a little bit about it. Uh. And Adrian Peterson said, you know, we've been friends. It's kind of like brothers, you know. Ay, Now I hate that it happened. It is what the other and we moved on. We're cool now. Oh no, we're not cool. You know your brother ain't fighting like that in public? No, no, no, no, guess what. We can't be cool like that? You swing swinging on me like that? You hear me? Yeah, I got I gotta get back. Some somebody was up in there cheating.
Speaker 3: Somebody mad to.
Speaker 2: Be sitting on some cars or something.
Speaker 3: They playing poker, right, oh yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: And for somebody to be for you to go at your man's like that, come on, somebody somebody that lost a couple of hands, somebody that lost their ass. Joe, there we go, there we go, there you go.
Speaker 3: You already do nothing to get you fired up.
Speaker 2: Hey, you catch a bad beat, Joko, best about to get to hit that turn on the hit that thing on the river.
Speaker 3: The whole fight.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Look, I'm telling you man. Uh, I used to uh every every year. I used to uh bring my family here to Atlanta in the uh street, about fifteen twenty of us in here, and we and we played poker, We play spades, Domino and I beat dang. I'm talking about my mama. My mama got four brothers. She's the only girl. She was the only girl. Man, it was a fight every year. I ain't gonnain't lie to you. My uncle's a fight. Yeah, they fight. Yeah, they was gonna fight. Oh some cheating boy I'm talking about. We be sitting there, Yeah, were playing poker, spade. It's so it's gonna be something. It's gonna be some some some real tough talking. And that's gonna lead to a little tussa. So my grandma had to come down here get on them. May ain't what Yeah yeah, hey, hey beat me, don't cheat me. Hey that cheat ain't man, Look at baby. That's what I tell people all the time. People think it's a joke. I say, man, money out of side of the calls a fight. Man, I'm telling you, it don't gotta be no. And they and you're like, man, bro, y'all fighting over two dollars. It ain't. It ain't. It's the principle of the matter. You gotta understand, bro, Yeah, for them two dollars, five dollars, that's hard earned money. And yeah, somebody will knock your block off for two dollars. Man, Listen, I had to stop a fight over here in my house over twenty dollars. Man. Man about to pull a gun out. Yeah, I can't make it up over twenty dollars, he thought, man cheated him over twenty dollars.
Speaker 3: Man, he ready, he ready to pull that thing on it.
Speaker 2: Man, you can.
Speaker 3: You can't cut the down you got that, you got that strap on.
Speaker 2: You got to lead that the truck cause the first cause sometimes Joe, you get so mad, you will react so quick and you beat up pop somebody. You're like, can't take it back. You can't take it back. Nah, Bro, it's around. Yeah, but in college, man cheat all bad. They used to cheat, y'all. Man, you cheating, you renig you said, Bro, if cars sit down, who cares? Ain't no money. It's take it just man. Look it's something. It's something about us bad. And don't get the drinking, you know, anytime alcohol in Bob Joe, there's gonna be a lot of tough talking that's gonna lead to some tough Yeah that's what that Hey what Yeah, Yeah, you're right. Then alcohol bring all that tough talking out. So look yeah and then next thing, you know, it's a big fight. So yeah, yeah, you're right. You put you put that all mixed in with that gambling. Man. Hey, that's why I hate man. I hated when the weekend come when out in college.
Speaker 3: Hey, look, because I'm gonna it was one thing if.
Speaker 2: You had to go to you know, somebody gotta you know, have a keg party. It's one thing to go get them and they fight somebody else. But you know when it's your teammates and you know how much testosterone guys got, and guys don't want to let ish go because you know whoever lose.
Speaker 3: Oh oh, well he kept.
Speaker 2: To stretching and I would get and I'm in the line and you come out there with your eye cold. Oh oh, we start going head oh going into the cafeteria. Ah, man, hey on that bus ride, oh boy, we're not letting that go. Hey. But it's and look, I hung out with football players when I was in college, so I know, boy, Hey, look, you don't take much for y'all. Get y'all don't take much at all. You go to one of them cute dog parties and one of them Capital party. Man, listen, you already know. And that's what I tell I said, bro, Bro, why y'all go? And that's what you know?
Speaker 3: You guys.
Speaker 2: They didn't want to invite the football players because if it's they got a keg, the football players gonna take it. And what you're gonna do? What I mean, what you're gonna do? They come back. We hey, we ain't got no money. So the thing I know, they got a keg, Trump Man, we took it out such as, oh lord, haven't.
Speaker 3: Hey, we have to do, man, we have to do. I ain't gonna call his name.
Speaker 2: I feel so bad for him. They stole a keg, but they didn't have the spout to pump it up to a stick, you know, to stick it down in there and for it to come out.
Speaker 3: He looked around, he went.
Speaker 2: To his car. He got a tire. He said, man, I'm gonna bust it over and we take the cans up out of it. They say, fool if you hit that with that tire, that thing gonna explode and kill all of us. He actually thought cands with inside of it. Hey man, I said, bro, I mean, but Joe I hated like because when them Joe was like, you know, we called ourselves. We caught ourselves tee fire. So if anybody came back, hey, te fae te five about the squabble, don't even battle, put your stuff on hit the dunk, don't, boy, we say, because we can shut down anything, any party and whoever didn't matter. But I was like, bro, come on, why bro, I see, I'm see everybody knew who I was. I said, y'all get to go ride through the sea, ip all out of the city.
Speaker 3: I'm all over them. Walk it, ok.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. O hop all those SOPs stop rolling. They know me. I got a z I got a white Mercedes. I said, bro, y'all put me in this bro y'all, Well, y'all.
Speaker 3: Don't go nowhere. I'm I'm out in the bout now y'all.
Speaker 2: They catch me slipping be hell out of beef for some full job y'all did. Come on, Hey, hey, let me tell you something. The football guys always always was fighting.
Speaker 3: They were.
Speaker 2: That's why they couldn't ever see anything in because they were drinking that cheap liquor. They were drinking that ever clear. They get on that, they get on that hunch punch man. Listen. Yeah, they go to the store.
Speaker 3: So they come back.
Speaker 2: They got two bunches of bananas, they got grapes, they got strawberries, they got oranges. So I'm like, what the hoop? I I'm like, what the hell y'all buy that? Now they got this big old tub. They mix all them liquors to go. Yeah, talk about boy, you talked about something good man? That doing that ever clup hundred eighty hundred and ninety proof, Joe. You go by the room them you're standing out the weather the time. Dude, can't wait for somebody to say something to it so they could pop off.
Speaker 3: I already know.
Speaker 2: If I see them lead leave the dorm at ten thirty eleven with their shirt off, it's so oh yeah, I put my stuff.
Speaker 3: I put my clothes back on because I know I got to go.
Speaker 2: Get somebody who leaves the dorm ten thirty eleven o'clock with their shirt off.
Speaker 3: They already sweat.
Speaker 2: You already know it. You know what it is.
Speaker 3: They looking for that action they do.
Speaker 2: Bro, say, come on, man, damn kenyo. Can one weekend y'all just go to the party and just have a good time, just be normal. Now they ain't having it. Now when you mix the alcohol and now you put that alcohol in now against this that that's called that liquid curage. You already know we the first the first person say something to me is all teat off. Yeah, I say, lord, have merch. They just trying to talk to somebody. Girl. Bro, you know she got a man and your first of all the campus only so big. You see him walking, he holds her hand y'all her bulls. Do you see him eat together in the cafeteria and all of a sudden at a party because you don't see him fit. That's made look look look look, that's that's mainly how it pop off. Yeah, so I'm dealing with a female because look in Fairville, we had this little spot on the campus called Little Africa. That's why all the black but all the black people hung out that. Yeah, I got of with the name Little Africa. I'm kind of gonna be a bunch of us there. Okay, you're a misclass. You're a misclass hanging on Little Africa used to be jumping. It used to be jumping. But man, listen, you will see girls who you ain't who you who? You really don't never see you know what I mean? And yeah they got a boyfriend. Maybe they ain't told you, but you stayed there on the road instead of trying to ye to her and where get back? Now? Next thing, you know, once you see him at a party, you already know what this is about. Yeah, and then andy, Bro, if you see the girl standing and she talking with somebody, how you gonna go, Okay, this the female, this the guy and they talking.
Speaker 3: How you gonna go squeeze in there and you talking to her?
Speaker 2: You got your back to here? What are you? Hey?
Speaker 3: Hey, that's the alcohol.
Speaker 2: Bro man shan man. A dude swung on me. Bro, So what did you expect him to do? You walk in and you see them talking. You know that's his girl, and you gonna go turn your back on him and talk?
Speaker 3: Hey?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Hey, look look you know you know y'all be rude. Man, the football player be rue. They do Joe, I mean, I look, I went to one party of four years I was in my room. I just already know when they sharp sharp such and such, because look, a lot of them was cute dolls. Anyway.
Speaker 3: Oh but here's the thing, No, Joe, who you look.
Speaker 2: If you're in the fraternity and T five the football team, you better choose wisely. I'm telling you you oh you oh, being with your friends. I ain't got no problem with that. That that's my brothers. You went to Q, you went to Kaffit, you went to the Alphas, you went the Sigma. I don't care, but you best believe it. Now you there, and once we throw you there, we're gonna tell your ass up to it's.
Speaker 3: A it's too many of y'all. It's too many of y'all.
Speaker 2: And look we a it could be it could be fifteen of them. We ain't even about five or six. Man, We ain't even bout five or six. Joe. Yeah, but I've always divorced a reason. I'm always come on, God, bro look, man, hey, you know them broke my bad. He ain't know it was dark, he ain't know that was your girl. My bad. I'm lying, my ass knew. Yeah, he been talking about man, the whole girl been hollering. Lord, have mercy. You know what I'm saying. How did Joe? You'all hey the old girl back? I said, Bro, you know she got a girl, I mean a boy. Man, I ain't got nothing to do with me, right, but it, dude, why you still trying to talk? Man? Man trying to hear that. He feels like this is chad and dead boy like you said, Joe them Joe will start that thing. Don't let us get work study. Oh we get that work study check on Friday. Couldn't up. God damn. Hey, look I hung out with something, man, Hug. I know I knew right away.
Speaker 3: I said, oh yeah, yeah, I can't hang out with y'all too.
Speaker 2: No, boy, look, no way, too chill for that. When you when you when you when you got people that's looking for stuff. Stuff, they go looking. They ain't looking to have a good time. They looking to some issue. Now. Yeah, yeah, that's how I go. Hey, but dollar something else, that's some one of the best years of my life. But boy, lesson, you learned a lot of lessons in college. You learned a lot of lessons in college. Yeah. So I was like, nah, I'm good, bro' I'm good with y'all. I can't. I can't hang on with y'all. I come get y'all and get y'all ass back to the door. But far as just hanging out with y'all and doing stuff, because I already know y'all gonna be on some bull jibe and then ain't nobody everybody know who I am? That stirling sharp little.
Speaker 3: Brother man that's shouting sharp, shelling Sharp wasn't in no fight. Shelling Sharp came to.
Speaker 2: Get them in from fighting. But your name is gonna be in the mix, be and go. How you mentioned my name? First?
Speaker 3: Shadow?
Speaker 2: Wasn't he been to fight? Shout his showed up late to get him? Man Joe. We had to used to have a thing, uh the freshman. So it was the freshman against the upper class one. So like we would we would jump on like we catch a senior, like we catch a senior or junior by them say man, we beat them jokes down. So so you know the bag cause we used to call we call it roofing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're gonna bring the house down on you.
Speaker 2: So we called it called about We called about six of them, about six of them seniors. It was about fifteen freshmen man. We beat them down. You know, we dumped them. You know we did. Ah hey, hey, oh we came in to him. Now you know we ain't you know, we ain't hit up in the face, but we to the body slammed the ass man. We had one guy named Leo. Leo was a freshman, but Leo was like twenty six years old. Yeah, so we strategizing, Okay, what we're gonna do. Hey, we catch such and such by themselves. We're gonna roof and so. Leo older than everybody, but here a freshman. So we asked Leo, Leo, who you with? Leo said, I'm by myself. I said, lil, I said, Leo, you can't be by yourself. You got to be with somebody. Leo said, no, I don't. Ain't none of them in gonna bother me. I promise you, I said, Leo, just team up. Say no, I don't play like that, cause when I put these things on somebody, I will really put them on the main ones. I ain't.
Speaker 3: Ain't nobody bothered Leo.
Speaker 2: No, nobody. Man. We had a dude. We had a dude, man, Joe. Dude was six y three and I'm talking about Chipsel. When he cut I mean he was walked sixty three by two forty five, two point fifty cut out of granted, cut out of granted. Didn't nobody play with him? No, man, he he was in the hall he's in the hallway. He had his shirt off. You want to put his fingers in his face, the old boy face. You soft and you ain't gonna do nothing. I'm gonna turn my back on you. I'm gonna show everybody in this hallway that you ain't about this life. Nah, And I wish somebody was gonna touch me. I promise you. I told y'all he been selling the wolf tickets and I ain't buying not one of them. Man, Joe, you're right, that was some of the best times in college. But Savannah State, Joe, you had to be real careful because guys to just shoot down the hallway, and so we had those steel doors. So all of a sudden you are fire the bullets, brookis shed off the steel doors.
Speaker 3: What you mean bullets? How the dude to shoot down the hall?
Speaker 2: Man, come on, get them on, man, what type of game these dude playing? Yo?
Speaker 3: I'm telling I'm telling it.
Speaker 2: With the different level down there, Joe and guy get mad like you be on the phone. Because we had community phones. Nobody had a phone in the room. So you have what we had the long haul and the short haul. So you have a phone on the short haul, you have a phone in the long haul, so you don't god be trying to talk to their their girlfriend or their mom or something grandma and it be loud.
Speaker 3: Hey, man, clothes, you don't turn you down.
Speaker 2: Clothes.
Speaker 3: You know I'm talking. I only got a couple of more minute.
Speaker 2: You Yeah, So guess what, dude, get off the phone. Snatch the phone off the wall. Now we ain't got no Now we ain't got no phone with Joe. He don't just snatch that one off. He goes snatch the other one off. So both phones down. So now I can't nobody getting no calls. Oh man, we had uh, we had phones in our dorm room. So it's a you know, but boy, it looked like y'all were that might have been borderline little prison. Y'all was in Joe, Hey, don't try to wash your clothes. Hey, wash your clothes. And man, you see somebody put your eyes on, shirt on you see somebody with your man. God, damn, hey, when you shot ye you know that is me. Hey, will you wash your clothes? You gotta sit down there and wait for them. You gotta hit it and wash it, and you gotta wash it the whole time basically because you come down nobody been and take your stuff out of there and put them in and there absolute Now you don't see. Yeah, I know exactly what you're talking about. Boy, copy they was, Hey, they was off the chain back of the day. Man. Now I think it's a lot more chilled now. But what I got to Savata State, Boy, we had some knuckleheads. Man. We had the pool. Yeah, they see, we had them athletic doing so it was all athletes. So you know we got you got two three washing machines and drives. Somebody washing at all times. So if you ain't waiting four hours a day, so yeah, I'm talking about two in the morning, it's gonna be somebody watching clothes. So you ain't washing it. If you ain't got nothing washing your clothes, boy, they gonna be sitting on the floor somewhere, ye Joe. And the thing was think about it. So we had all the football players, all the basketball players, and a few baseball players. Peacock Hall was was the athletes doing. Yeah, bro, So basically we had three floors. You got a Washington drive, two washers, two drives per floor. Yeah, I wish you would take your eyes off there. Man, it was I was like man. And then my brother, my brother, so I had gone to University of South Carolina where they got phones in their room. They got like seven eight washings and drives and stuff.
Speaker 3: My brother look at me, said, Man, do y'all.
Speaker 2: Live like this? Like yeah, but we be clean going to class, Joe, they going to class and sweatsuits. Man, we got stars jeans, we got oys zide, we got you know, we got a polo. Yeah. Man, hey we got dark side. I mean we dressed to the nine. Said man, y'all go to class like I said every day? Yeah.
Speaker 3: Man, we had dudes go to class and they shirt tucked.
Speaker 2: Then you don't yeah like that?
Speaker 1: Yeah that Joe. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Sher Dor Sanders had picked up a pair of speeding tickets. This month, video of the second incident had emerged. The officer said that the ticket for your door was given that he had speed in excess of one hundred miles per hour when he was going forty one miles over the speed limit. This has much been discussed on whether it's fair to criticize your door for speeding when no other rookie traffic citations are being published. Look, it's hard for me to be because Joe I got stopped. I was a rookie. I think I was like in my third year. I got stopped going one hundred and eight in a sixty. Yeah, and I got stopped at ninety two. So I got two tickets in a matter of ten minutes. So speeding, I get it. You know, young guy, he probably I don't know what what kind of car. He had a coloring the truck. So you know, man, you know it's something about speeding and young people. You know you got a heavy if you gotta left foot that you know, I got a left foot. Uh. Look, Uh I was playing here in Atlanta and uh them chart them them challenges had just came out. Yeah, and uh I had one, Jeff t had one, Josh Smith had one. So we get back. We get back to Atlanta. One night off the road, about two in the morning. We're on two eighty five tan of rolled up. We're on two eighty five Tanna roll up. Man, I'm the only one to get pulled over. They did you huh how fast were you going? We we all was over one hundred because you know, I think it's Georgia. If you go over one hundred or thirty thirty miles over the speed limit, they normally take.
Speaker 3: Your ass to jail.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but look, you know, uh, I had a I had a black police officer pulling me over, and you know knew I was. He gave me some grapes. He gave me some I was very respectful. Now they kept on going, so they you know, they got away. He got behind me, pulled them. I said, I went on pulled over because look, one thing we ain't gonna do had on hot speed. Ain't pull over because it's late at night and that it's already. I mean, the faster you go, it looks like I mean, you know, I driven so fast. I mean the checks looked like a single line. I mean, you passed everything so quick. It was two in the morning. It wasn't no, it wasn't nobody on the free I'm talking about we were. I'm talking about hotailing down through that year. Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, so I know, I know, uh, you know, being young, having a lot of money, in the fast cars. You're gonna test it out from time to time. But you got to realize, your dear Sanders, yep, you know what comes with that last name. You know who your father is. So the things that you do will probably get criticized, scrutinized a little bit more than another twenty one twenty three year old would. And his last name isn't Sander's. His last name isn't his father isn't Coach Prime. You know, okay, okay not. Now you got two in them up, you should be good. You gotta you gotta chan you gotta change that. Now, you gotta change that. Once I got those tickets, you know, it changed because I think the thing was my brother said that, Bro, look, I understand, you know you're young at X, Y and Z, I said, but he's like, Bro, if that tire blows, it's over, I say, And then what granted? You know you basically you know you just killed your granted. Yeah, So I took that, and so you know I had to slow it down. I had to slow it down. I mean, you got I got two tickets in the one at one hundred and eight and another at ninety two in the span of ten minutes. I'm like, okay, because you don't. You don't think about the worst that could possibly happen, not at that not at that time, you know what I mean? You you flowing that thing. Hey, I know I don't been there, man, I don't been there, but you're right to, boy tied blowout. Something happened, and that's normally you know, you see, guys have these tragic accidents to where you know, you end up hitting somebody and it's a fatal car accident. That's the one thing you do not run, No, you know what I mean. And that's why I started thinking, Joe, I wouldn't want someone to give my grandmother, my mother, my mother that news. I damn sure don't want to be the reason somebody else got to give somebody else mom or grandmother that news, or husband or wife or whatever the case may be. I didn't want that on my conscience. No. Hey, look, and as you get older, you become a lot wiser because boy, look, you do it.
Speaker 3: You can't pay me to do that, now, you're right.
Speaker 2: The enter ofnet did what the internet does and found that in twelve thirty oh seven, Lebron James twenty three was cited for going one hundred and one by law enforcement. Sir George Sanders, age twenty three, was cited going one hundred and one by law enforcement.
Speaker 3: Like you do is destined to become the dope. The greatness is fun it.
Speaker 2: Man got put the internet. Boy, y'all. Hey, they come up with it day, make it sound good. One. They all.
Speaker 3: Look like he's destined for greatness.
Speaker 1: Mab.
Speaker 2: I'm glad they wouldn't have internet ride without the college and all the reckless stuff and the foolish just come. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: You like you said, Joe, you don't think anything can happen to.
Speaker 2: You, don't you think you And that's a part of it, because a lot of us is that we were athletes, and that's what makes us who we are. Yeah, the belief that we can do things that other people can't. The belief that what happens to someone that's not an athlete or a normal civilian that can't possibly happen to us. We're invincible. Man, Listen, unk when I was in college, I had got pulled over, I got a ticket, and just irresponsible, didn't tell my mama. Then just do that thing in the glove apartment and they say, he no, I got a court date. That out of minds and you know what's next or they get bitch won for you. They come to get you failed to a pier. I get pulled over again. Uh, straight to the jail. You go, look, look, I give him my I give him my driver's license and uh, he go back to the car. He run. I'm like, mann was taking this man so long? He comes back out.
Speaker 3: He got his handcuffs out, like damn. He only got his handcuffs out for he said.
Speaker 2: He said, missus Johnson, you know you gotta failure to a pier. Man put me in cubs, took me downtown. Damn. Yeah, took me downtown. I had to call a couple of my teammates. They had to piece up. I think it was like I think it was like, uh like two one some dollars to get me out. Yeah, yeah, yeah, man, you gotta be responsible.
Speaker 3: I know I don't be got to All right, Joe, we're gonna get out of here.
Speaker 2: On bench. When out his time for Q and a hm, Quentin May he said, Happy June teenth, brothers and sisters. Happy Juneteenth to you, my brother Techeeze two fifteen. If the Pacers win is Pascal Siakam Finals MVP. Yeah, yeah, if they win, yeah, oh my god, no rush seventy five UNC and I sold, I lied big moments.
Speaker 3: Halle is back. You know what's crazy to me?
Speaker 2: Though? It's like, man, I don't understand how he can how he can have a game five like that and then bounce back on me. Yeah, I don't either, Like, I don't understand that. Like it didn't look like his calf bothered him at all at all. He wasn't limited to no movement like he looked. He looked like the Norman Halle. He did, he absolutely did. Davi Smil said, whoever lose this series, it will be heartbreaking. There will never be a better opportunity than this season to win. With the talent in the league and the teams in the West. You might not get back. Good point. It's gonna be heartbreaking if OKC lose. If they lose, they gonna lose on their home floor. Game seven of them played in a few games with the MVP. Yeah, and a six day on six day win team. That's gonna be heartbreaking. I think if if Indiana loses I mean it's gonna be heartbreaking, but it's gonna be you know, a lot of people probably gonna expect it, you know what I mean? Uh, Cerah P said dream one on one matchup Grant Hell pre injuries versus Lebron first three year version. Who y'all got, God, you gotta realize Lebron in year three were probably twenty two. Well you got Greg Grant with a full brown Man. Grant came out grand stayed four years of college. I love Grant Hill, but I'm going Lebron James Man even at that right young age. Yeah, I played against him his rookie year. Was my third year in the NBA, and we played against him his second game of his career, after he played in Sacramento. He came to finish against us like he I think he I think he had like twenty two or twenty three that game. But to be nineteen years old, what was the eighteen nineteen against grown men? And look off the boy there, because this body was already you know, he's been till us since he came in. Yep, he came in the NBA, and he just looked so poised and patient, like he never rushed anything, and they had him playing like point guard that first year on right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so he was. He was like a cheat cole like that was boy been special.
Speaker 2: But I told people before that injury, when Grant Hill got that injury and he tried to play on that ankle, it changed the trajectory of his career. He was never the same player. But man, pre injury, Grand Hill he could do it all. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Hey, look, he didn't have no weaknesses.
Speaker 2: And offensively he could rebound, he could handle the ball, he could score the basketball, he could play defense. He was a complete player. And can you imagine him and Tracy McGrady playing together in Orlando and he was healthy. It had been man. Doctor Frankie L. Bellaman said, Hey, fam take your pick. Enter the Dragon with Bruce Lee or the Last Dragon? Uh? Lee Roy Green? Show up? Who's the master? Now? I gotta go with show Nuh, I gotta go. Hey, shown for something else? Show um for something else? I remember that like it was yesterday's man. Bruce Leroy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, where is Lee Roy Green? You mean junior?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Junior. That's a classic. Hey, that's a classic. Every time I see it, though, I'll watch a joke that showed up hand the thing to converse on. Hey he's a bad boy. Hey, King Red twenty two saying, hey, al right, sold, can you wish me happy birthday? I turned twenty three today, King Gregg King Red, Happy birthday, birthday, bro, you had a great day turning twenty three. Hopefully you did something fun, got an opportunity to go out celebrate with family, friends, love one. Maybe you got a girl, you got an opportunity to celebrate with her. But happy birthday broke many many more to come, Yes, sir. That concludes this episode of Nightcap. We have a Game seven, ladies and gentlemen, thanks to a one oh eight ninety one victory by the Pacers over ok See for a chance to a more NBA immortality. Who will win Game seven? The Pacers say, you know what, You're not celebrating on our home court. I'm sure they got a lot of comedies going in because they did win Game one on their home court. But it's gonna take a great effort. They're gonna have to weather the storm early because you know what happens, okay see, in order to get so on youa and gets that crowd into it, and it's a lot. It's tough to overcome, but it's gonna be very interesting to see and I'm glad we got a game seven on Sunday. Thank you guys for joining us for another episode of Nightcap. I am your favorite, unk, shut and sharp, and number three was number two tonight filling in Little Rock, Arkansas Native the Universe of Arkansas a lump Big three MVP II sold Joe Johnson, Joe, great job.
Speaker 3: Thanks for Joe filling in for o Joe Man.
Speaker 2: We really appreciate that problem. Thank you. Please make sure you hit that subscribe button. Please make sure you hit the light button, and guys, go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcast from. Want to thank each and every one of you that's tuned in tonight that supported us from day one. We can't thank you enough because all the awards that you see behind us is because of you. All the things that we've been able to accomplish thus far, it's because of you and because of your eyes, your ears, and your word of mouth. We can't do it without you. So thank you very much for your support and you'll continue support. Please make sure you check out Shave by Laportier. We do have it in stock now. If you can't find it in a city or a state near you, order it. We have it. Guess what We're coming to a city or state near you. But please drake responsibly and stay safe. Go follow my media company page on all of his platforms. That's Shayshape Media and my clothing Company eighty four with eighty four being spelled out. That link is in the chat. Supplies are limited and once they're gone, they're gone, So please grab yours while supplies last. Guys, We're off tomorrow. We're back on Saturday. Ocho will be back in the chair along with Ricky Williams and Jim Jones. So Oho is back on Saturday. Ricky Williams and Jim Jones stop by. So and Ocho will be live after game seven on Sunday. So No Joe will be back live with us on game seven after Sunday, so it'd be O, Joe, Joe and I live after the game Game seven, We're gonna have a winner. We're gonna cry on a new NBA chap Sunday. It Will it be the Pacers? Will it be Okac? Thank you guys for joining us. Appreciate that Joe, we'll see you on Saturday his please be there. The volume