Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong, Joe Getty, arm Strong and Getty and he Armstrong and Yetty.
Speaker 2: Hopes to cease fire in Ukraine are fading fast after days of deadly Russian air strikes. President Trump declaring Vladimir Putin has gone absolutely crazy in response, the Kremlin suggesting Trump maybe suffering an emotional overload.
Speaker 1: See, I'm hoping that sort of talk from Putin gets Trump all fired up, and he takes it personally, and that makes him want to arm Ukraine because I think that's the right thing to do. I know some of you don't, but him saying yeah, I think Putin's saying I think Trump's suffering from emotional overload. You know, hey, Trump get his angry Putin as you get at Rosie O'Donnell.
Speaker 3: I find it incredibly troubling that the President having to take it personally is what's required to motivate policy of American foreign policy.
Speaker 1: But it is what it is. I think you're right. So let's do this in chronological order. So last week, the news broke several days after it happened that Trump had told European journalists. While he was in the Middle East, he had said, this isn't my war. We got ourselves entangled in something we shouldn't have been involved with. Now that was in the for some reason made the news several days after he said it. But a lot a lot of people, including me, to believe that the direction he was headed was just staying out of it. We shouldn't be involved. We shouldn't have been involved in this. Ever, we shouldn't be involved in it now. And without the US is a Ukraine is going to be in a tight spot. And Europe will step along up a lot, but they don't have a lot of the abilities that we have, even no matter how much they step up, especially around intelligence. Now, over the weekend, Trump having pushed this ceasefire. Remember Trump ran on I can solve this in twenty four hours. If you took that literally, then you have not been following Trump for the past ten years. I just I don't understand how people don't get this. He says things like that, that's not what he means. Okay, I get what you could say. Well, he said it, what am I supposed to do? But he believed he could solve this I believed he I suppose he thought, like with a lot of things, he thought, with his personality and everything like that he could just push these two people to come to an agreement. He's pushed Zelensky really hard. He hasn't really pushed Putin. But over the weekend, while Trump's talking about a ceasefire, Putin launched the biggest attack on Ukraine yet, which is like three times in the last week that he has set a new record for the number of drones set into well all kinds of civilian areas, killing lots of people.
Speaker 4: This.
Speaker 1: Trump was asked about this yesterday and this is what he said.
Speaker 5: Not happy with what Putin's doing. He's killing a lot of people. And I don't know what the hell happened to Putin. I've known him a long time, always gotten along with him. But he's sending rockets into cities and killing people, and I.
Speaker 1: Don't like it at all.
Speaker 5: Okay, we're in the middle of talking and he's tuning rockets into Kiev and other cities. I don't like it at all. Whether what do you want to do about I'm surprised. I'm very surprised. We'll see what we're gonna say, what am I gonna tell you? Well, you're the fake news, aren't you? You're totally fake? Any other questions. I don't like what Putin is doing, not even a little bit. He's killing people. And something happened to this guy, and I don't like it.
Speaker 3: Something happened to this guy. Well, I was tempted to respond, nothing happened to the guy. You never had a relationship with him. He was manipulating you. Grow up. He's just flattering you, and it worked. Although I will concede that it's it's pretty well documented that during COVID, Putin dug deep into a couple of radical Russian thinkers, historians who are convinced him that he really owes it to the soul of the Russian people to, you know, to conquer all of the territories that have ever been under Russian sway, blah blah blah. So he has changed in that way. But Trump thinking that they were buddies and something crazy has happened to him now, or that he a cag be, a crocodile he's always been, or he wasn't the kind of guy that was gonna bomb civilians indiscriminately, well, right, and That was the other part I objected to. He's killing people and civilians. Yeah, he knows. He feeds his men by the hundreds of thousands in front of the machine guns.
Speaker 1: He doesn't care. Here's Britt Hume's analysis. He's the senior political guy on Fox of what Trump just said.
Speaker 4: The President has always had a very odd conception of Vladimir Putin. I think he's thought that he and Putin could be kind of friends and partners and could make deals together and so on. But I don't think Putin has changed. I don't know what the president's talking about it. This is the way Putin has always been. He's always been a particularly brutal dictator, willing to take whatever measures he thought necessary to advance his interest, whatever he thought he could get away with. He thought he could get away with invading Ukraine. He thought he could. He thought he could could conquer Ukraine in no matter of days. He failed to do that, and he has been spending his own people's bloodshed, blood and treasure for as long as he's needed to. After that, and now he seems more intent than ever. He's the same old Vladimir Putin. So I hope the president has had a real moment of truth about him and will proceed accordingly.
Speaker 3: Is Trump surrounded by eighty vance types who are trying to convince him that, no, Putin's not a bad guy, He's just a NATO push too far and we just need to be nice to him and be buddies. And he's actually defending traditional Christianity and the just that whole kind of new right fantasy.
Speaker 1: The Wall Street Journal writing today, Trump is tiring of the peace negotiations and is considering abandoning them all together if a final push doesn't work. People familiar with his thinking said that would be a remarkable change for a leader who campaign on his ability to end the conflict on his first day in office. It is unclear what would happen if the US retreats from the peace process, and whether Trump would continue to provide military support to Ukraine. That last part is really important. I think us being in the peace process. I don't know if that's important or not. I'm not sure if it has any role. But we pull, particularly our intelligence. That's huge. Also this yesterday, German Chancellor Fridrick Mertz said that the US, Germany, France and the UK would no longer impose range restrictions on Ukraine's use of weapons supplied by Western allies, meaning it could target military positions deep into Russia, including Moscow. To date, Ukraine has only been able to use long range missiles supplied by those countries against Russian troops within a certain range. The Biden administration. The Wall Street General reminds US had opposed removing range limits foring it could escalate the war. The White House, when I ask about this, declined to comment. So Trump didn't say, I mean, because Germany doesn't get to say the United States is removing restrictions, right, And they and the Wall Street Journal asks the White House is Trump on board with this or not? And they didn't answer.
Speaker 3: And this is the most common ye White House in history. They comment on everything. It's incredibly transparent.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah. Two things.
Speaker 3: Number one that would indicate to me that that they agreed to it, but they didn't expect merits to come out and say anything about it.
Speaker 1: I hope you're right. I hope you're right. Germany has got the longest range missiles that they're supplying Ukraine, even more so than ours. Right, because Biden didn't want to give them missiles. They could shoot very far in case they ignored his rules. But Germany's given him missiles that go way into Russia, easily into Moscow, and they have said shoot, shoot wherever you gotta shoot. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Interesting, that is a huge thing going forward, if I might unleash this screed. Several times, whether in the audio or our discussions, we've used the term the phrase the peace process. There is no peace process. There has never been a peace process. There's been this charade which Putin and Lavrov barely even bothered to play their part. So I can call my dog a lion, but if I go around town talking about how I have a lion, that makes me a crank. There's been peace process.
Speaker 1: Yeah, to the only extent they participated it at all is when they were able to buy a little more time by pretending they were going along with it.
Speaker 3: And what's really notable and interesting, and this is getting into the weeds that we can get back to what's actually happening. But they weren't even pretending to care enough to convince anybody they cared. It was like the barest minimum, low level guys who couldn't didn't have the authority degree to anything, And it was obvious that they were snubbing the process, so they didn't even care enough to pay it fake respect. Don't talk to me about the peace process. I won't get sidetracked with this. I'll go with this first.
Speaker 1: David Ignatius to the Washington Post, who writes a lot about the wharn Ukraine knows a lot about this stuff, has really good sources, says, I think the obvious it's about to get ugly. I think this war is.
Speaker 6: About to get a lot dirtier. Ukraine has drones that are able to penetrate get to of Moscow and its environs, and they also have the capability to wage on the ground a dirty war of sabotage, of assassination. I've met with leaders of Ukrainian military intelligence. They are very, very tough at and they have networks inside Russia, as Russia has networks inside Ukraine that can do a lot of damage. So as bad as this war has been, it could tip into a much nastier phase of dirty war.
Speaker 1: And that's the main reason I want to spend this much time talking about it today. Even though it's not on the hasn't been on, you know, hasn't been hasn't been on the front burner for a while. It's about to get crazy ugly. Ukraine starts firing missiles into Moscow, regularly targeting Putin or his people or his house. Putin's going to respond right best he can. And it's who knows where this is headed? Mushroom clouds. We don't know. Trump, Are you serious about that? You think Putin would use a He wouldn't use a regular nuke, I don't think.
Speaker 3: But yeah, one of your smaller tactical ones. Yeah, just to make the point, Yeah, I could absolutely see that. I certainly hope not. I'm not, you know, taking taking it lightly, but you know, Ukraine and this, I was just going to say. You know, Trump was critical of Zelensky in his tweet, saying Zelensky is doing his country no favors by talking the way he does. That there at risk of being.
Speaker 1: Wiped off the map, right.
Speaker 3: His animosity towards Zelensky. And I don't want to theorize we've probably annoyed Trump fans enough already, but I don't get that when you're fighting for the very existence of your country, you're you're criticizing the guys, the guy for talking tough or being demanding or whatever.
Speaker 1: I don't get it well. And Putin's absolutely going to try to kill Zelensky. Yeah, oh yeah, yeah, Well do whatever damage he will.
Speaker 3: He will be the proverbial guy who will turn, who will destroy Ukraine so he can rule over the Ashes.
Speaker 1: We would absolutely do that, right Illinois, More people here then. Tucker Carlson tweeted out over the weekend and did a long podcast about it. Do Americans have any idea that Zolensky has declared war on Christianity in Ukraine? It's ridiculous, It is absolutely ridiculous. The Orthodox Church, the Russian Orthodox the Russian Orthodox Church is an arm of Putin. Yeah, Zolensky trying to get rid of them. He's trying to get rid of spies in his country or people that are working with Putin. It's not a war on Christianity.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the Russian Orthodox Church agreed with Putin. We will give you the cover of the moral authority of the church.
Speaker 1: We will be absolutely in bed with you.
Speaker 3: You protect the power and money of the church.
Speaker 1: Putin said a deal about to get a lot more ugly, it's been.
Speaker 3: War on Christianity. Tucker's lost his effing mind. Or he's intentionally lying.
Speaker 1: It's already been a pretty damn ugly warrant to get a lot ugly. We will cover it for you. Stay here, you're coming up. We now know why Miley Cyrus skanky, skanky, Miley Cyrus sounds the way she sounds. Stay tuned. She's a chainsmoker, isn't she. It's beyond that, Joe oh my.
Speaker 3: Also, perhaps the most amazing breakthrough in what your dog is actually thinking studies in the history of studying what your dog is thinking?
Speaker 1: Is this one of those things you buy that reads.
Speaker 3: Its bar No, no, no, I don't traffic in that sort of crap, sir, This is science, So stay tuned. First, though, here is the story of a thirteen year old girl in Carmel by the Sea, California, which is a very pretty part of California, but it's still cal Unicornia.
Speaker 1: So you got some scumbag.
Speaker 3: On drugs or drunk or crazy steps out from behind between a couple of park cars and is going to assault this thirteen year old girl. Luckily, though, she's been taking jiu jitsu classes with sense A Blackburn, And here's his description of what this thirteen year old girl did the junkie boy.
Speaker 7: Halfway home, a gentleman was standing in between two cars and he stepped out to punch her in the face. She punched him, she wrapped it, got him in the headlot, and need him a couple of times him around, threw him on the ground, and she had stepped on his foot doing all this, And when she threw him to the ground, she broke his ankle. I told her we were proud of her, and she did exactly what she was supposed to do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a great story and a great ending. But the kind of guy that's gonna punch a thirteen year old girl in the face to rob her freaking lock him up forever or whatever else, save his head in with a brick.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no kidding, no kidding, just sickening. Oh my god, Yes, she went medieval on him. They're still looking for this guy, he says, limping wherever he is.
Speaker 1: But oh my god, that's horrifying. Yeah, I know it is. I've always referred to Miley Cyrus as skanky. I realize she's trying to present as sexy sexy. I feel like she presents a skanky, But anyways, she sounds like this and we've been talking about for years. Says, she's twenty one years old, and she's sounds like she's an eighty year old truck driver. Right. She announced yesterday that her signature voice, she called it, is because of a medical condition she's got called rankies an edema. She's got polyps on her vocal cords. It's she says, she did too much singing for too long in her life. The New York Post fills in that it's very common with people who have a long term history of smoking, starting at a young age. So it wasn't just your singing that caused it was your your smoking also. But she have on her vocal cords which gives me a lot of the tone and texture which has made me who I am, She says. So she doesn't want to get an operation because she's afraid she'd wake up and not sound like who she is.
Speaker 3: Ah, she probably would. Yeah, wow, she's so she's leaving the polyps.
Speaker 1: She did say that staying up and drinking and smoking and partying after every show, starting very young is probably didn't help any Yeah, probably didn't.
Speaker 3: Are they the sort of polyps that can turn into cancer? Or I would assume not or she'd get something done. I don't know you would think so. Yeah.
Speaker 1: One other popular woman note in celebrities, Caitlin Clark, who has played like one hundred and ninety straight games, four years of college and a year in the WNBA without ever being hurt, is hurt and going to be out for two weeks for a team that is uh well, it doesn't matter how the team was going to do it. That's all the ratings on the wa NBA is hurt. The revenue, yeah, lots of revenue involved.
Speaker 3: Watch your dog wag's tail or her tail carefully. There's a hidden signal there. We'll tell you all about it next half hour.
Speaker 1: So body language dog body language segment, among other things armstrong and geddy.
Speaker 8: Excuse me, I have to ask who did you vote for it? I voted for Trump. Surprise, surprise.
Speaker 9: Another privileged white man who voted for the fashions Well, excuse me, I'm sorry man, whoa what.
Speaker 8: Are you talking about?
Speaker 9: Did you just assume my gender? So you're telling me you're a woman, I'm a trans bisexual paleontolligence PI.
Speaker 8: What wow, I'm speechless. I'm sorry. Is that too much for you? Is my existing too much for you to handle. No, really, that's not it at all.
Speaker 9: Okay, look, I just miss, I am so sorry for offending you, Like, I'm sorry.
Speaker 8: What's wrong? Did you just assume that I was offended?
Speaker 1: Offended?
Speaker 8: No? I didn't assume you did you totally did?
Speaker 9: You said I'm sorry for offending? You just assumed I was offended. You just assumed I didn't know that I'm a little bit.
Speaker 1: Is that it?
Speaker 8: I would never assume that I don't have thick skin? Is that what?
Speaker 9: You just know? I didn't.
Speaker 8: Let's just track this up so we can both go our separate ways.
Speaker 9: Okay, well, miss, I hope you have a wonderful afternoon.
Speaker 1: What's wrong?
Speaker 8: I'm sorry?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 8: No afternoon afternoon?
Speaker 9: Just assume you you just.
Speaker 8: Said I will give a good afternoon.
Speaker 9: Really, it's the afternoon I identify as it always being the morning.
Speaker 3: How tiring is that high speed comedy for people with attention deficit disorder?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I love that though, flip in the script? Yeah please? Did you just assume?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: I can't believe soft heads fell.
Speaker 3: For that technique for so long. Oh well, more on that to come, et cetera. So oh, including your dog's tail wagging. There are different wags. You don't know about the wags.
Speaker 1: What if your dog has a stub because somebody took a pair of clippers and cut.
Speaker 3: It off, then you bought a weird, freaky dog anyway. But if your kids love it, that's the dog for them. So this story is crazy. You've probably heard part of it, but there are details that you have to have. This is the arrest of one crypto guy for allegedly kidnapping and torturing a different wealthy crypto guy.
Speaker 1: And held him for weeks.
Speaker 3: We had a really nice townhouse in Manhattan.
Speaker 1: Thank you. This is a very nice place you're holding me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's you know, if I'm going to be held in torture for my crypto passwords, at least it's in this lovely neighborhood. So here's here's one of the crazy aspects of it. The suspect, John Woltz, he's some sort of Kentucky crypto king. He's said to be worth at least one hundred million dollars.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: The perpetrator, Wow has a private jet and a chopper.
Speaker 1: You got one hundred million dollars and you're going to risk committing a crime why not just enjoy your life. Good lord, you won, you win. Yeah, I can't even imagine.
Speaker 3: But so he kidnapped this other guy who was I think Italian, who's said to be worth like thirty million dollars Michael Valentino, Teo Frosto Cartron. So one hundred million wasn't enough. He needed thirty million, maybe to for jet fuel or something like that. So he and his is, you know, cohort his henchmen, and there are going to be more arrests and questioning in this case. They lured this guy to this Soho townhouse and held him captive while they tortured him for his Bitcoin password. He was tied to a chair, tasered while his feet were in a bucket of water. I don't know if like that makes it worse or if you just have wet feet. He was urinated on. I feel like they were guessing on that one. I don't you'reinated on now, it's a freak off. Pistol pistol whipped, had his arms and legs cut with a chainsaw. He was also allegedly dangled from the top of a staircase.
Speaker 1: I feel like you need to do these in some sort of order like building up because I'm not really that worried about my wet feet. If you're gonna use a chainsaw on my arms and.
Speaker 3: Legs, I'm going to chainsaw your arms and legs and also.
Speaker 1: Pee on you. I'm like, well, let the pan begin exactly changing. I don't like it, but I mean race. Once they fired up that chain neighbors to pee on me, I don't care. Leave the chainsaw in the case. Once they fired up that chainsaw, man, you would be if you've ever seen scarface, you'd be having some bad thoughts.
Speaker 3: Here is my question. You assumed they fired up the chainsaw. Curds elon Musk there if you need him, because you can definitely cut somebody with a chainsaw that's not on. If the chainsaw had been on, I think that would be the headline, wouldn't it Unless they just barely.
Speaker 1: Nipped him with it. That seems odd.
Speaker 3: Yeah anyway, uh so there is a story to be told here as more details.
Speaker 1: Before you get some more details, I want to that is all. I have no more details, not a single one. Those are all the details. How many details did you need? I saw the video of the guy running down the street barefoot, So how did he get loose? How is he not dead?
Speaker 3: How was he The only account I heard was that he escaped when they were distracted.
Speaker 1: How do you get this chainsaw started? I keep pulling it and pulling it. Hey, where did he go? I thought you were supposed to watch him. His feet were in a bucket of water. He's covered in urine. Can you get me some lemonade? Because I just don't feel like I could go. Yeah, I don't know what distract I went before I got here, You went before you got here. We discussed this yesterday. We're gonna pee on him, I know, But I was leaving a house and I thought there might be traffic. So and some.
Speaker 3: Second the crypto big wig is uh is about to be arrested to or was going to turn themselves in today it was a half a freak.
Speaker 1: Off, though it really was. You added a little sex and it's a ditty party. Yeah. So thinking this over, I think I get any indication. I mean, I get tased once, and there's any indication of like chainsawing or any other Here's here's my password. I'll walk there with you, walk where wherever I gotta go to help you. I'll do whatever you gotta do. What do you want me to do?
Speaker 3: I'll do it. It's it's on the laptop right there. Okay, yeah, so you do it, But then you're broke.
Speaker 1: He's committed a crime. I hope that the authorities can catch them and figure it out. But I'm not gonna sit there and get chainsawed to death. Well the guy's alive. He just had a rough couple of weeks. Well he's alive because he escaped. I might think, I hear you absolutely wouldn't you just give it? I mean, well, it's like the thing, you know, somebody stops you on the street with a knife and says, give me your watch. I'm probably just gonna handle my watch, get into a knife fight for the best.
Speaker 3: It's possible. This guy just like didn't have the passwords handy or.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you could, you could torture me for a very long time to try to get into my bank account. I don't have the slightest idea what my password is. I had another question around this, what was it?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 1: Uh, I suppose there's a chance I would think, well, they're gonna kill me after I type in the password, because they're not gonna just let me go and finger them for this crime. Yes, so he might have decided that was the only thing keeping him alive. Yeah, that that could have been his calculation, which is probably a pretty good calculation. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Anyway, I think the greater story here, and we hit on this last week, is that cryptocurrency is so easily transferred and then is gone forever, and there are so few I mean, if you if you were to, you know, put my feet in a pan of water and hold half a freak off and fire up the chainsaw whatever and say, all right, Joe, I want your entire net worth, I would tell you this is gonna take a while. I've got like six to eight different financial institutions I've got to get in touch with. They've got like three step verification crap to do. Then we're gonna have to email them, and this is gonna take quite some time. Whereas with crypto, you just click and you click in your password. There you go, have access to the account, it's transferred, and it's gone. I mean, it could be five minutes.
Speaker 1: So I asked chat GPT, Yes, if you tase someone while their feet are in a bucket of water, would it hurt more? I wondered, what you're dictating into your phone? Yes, while you're talking. The problem is the voice texting isn't very well. So the first time it said, would chasing someone while their feet are in a bucket of water hurt more? Yes, being chased while your feet are in a bucket of water would hurt because it would be hard to run. Okay, that's not what I asked for that, so I did it again and emphasized it more. Would tasing someone hurt more if their feet were in water? And it said teasing someone while their feet are in water wouldn't hurt more, but it could amplify the emotional discomfort. You're fat, You're fat. Stop it. My feet are went out, I'm fat. So I still don't have the answer. I still don't have the answer to that question. I will try to figure that out. For some reason, I feel like they were really just winging it on the whole torture thing, like they hadn't thought this through right. They didn't bring in a massad agent or something. This guy looks to be quite young too. I don't recall he's like barely thirty years old.
Speaker 3: The already one hundred millionaire who decided he really needed another thirty million dollars. Yeah, craziness, but you're gonna see more of this stuff. So the dog thing actually interesting, not crap. Really enjoyed it as a dog lover myself.
Speaker 1: And I will get the answer in case you ever need to do it. On whether they're tasing someone while their feet are in a bucket of water hurts more barbaric. We'll have that all for you coming up. Stay here. So a little tip, I guess if you're ever gonna try to torture the crypto codes out of someone who's got a bunch of money, tasing them while their feet are in a bucket of water, according to chat GPT, would likely hurt quite a bit more, causing the electrical current to spread more unpredictably or intensely through the body, especially if both feeders submerged, which they were in this case. We've all learned something handy these case's great. Yeah, I'm sure chat GPT, which is owned by whoever is sending, is now monitoring all my stuff as they think I'm some sort of job, some sort of crypto stealing lunatic.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, So a much more life affirming note came across this piece and will post it under hot links at Armstrong eyetdy dot com.
Speaker 1: But it's about a couple.
Speaker 3: Of people, a professor and a grad student who were doing separately then together studies on dogs and dog behavior and dog emotional responses and stuff like that. And during COVID, the grad student Gal filmed her dog playing with her father in several different situations. And this is kind of a two part revelation here. Some were positive, like giving him a treat. Some were more negative, like showing him his nemesis, Saffron. The housecats. Oh, they did not get along. They got along like dogs and cats anyway. So then Holly, who's this grad student Gal edited the videos so they only showed Oliver the dog against a black backdrop. All you could see was the dog and how he reacted, not what.
Speaker 1: The stimulus was.
Speaker 3: And the videos were shown to hundreds of people who were asked how is Oliver feeling? And a key finding was that people could not say how the dog was feeling without context. They were absolutely terrible in saying, Oh, that dog is happy, that's interesting, or that dog is mad or sad or threatened or whatever. It was really kind of disturbing, and I took the little quiz that they have and I was pretty good at it.
Speaker 1: But so we're filling in the blanks on that when we look at a dog.
Speaker 3: Yeah, precisely, Yeah, we see the context and so interpreted. My buddy Greg, the professional dog trainer, taught me a long time ago that a wagging tail does not necessarily mean happy.
Speaker 1: It does not, so don't assume.
Speaker 3: That, especially if it's in a situation where there could be aggression. But anyway, then when people were given the context, they nailed it, of course. But but they're terrible at decoding you know, how dogs, what dogs were thinking, what they were feeling. And they go into a little bit more of the study. But the most interesting revelation to me was they used what they learned with a study from Italy from a little earlier. They put dogs in a box just so they could film their tails, with a camera in front of them and a window in front, and the cameras were trained on the dog's wagging tails. Well, the researchers presented things to look at through the window, like they would show the dogs an owner. It's uh old Joe, come to see Baxter with a predictable reaction, or they'd show them an unfamiliar person who would come up right in front of them, or an unfamiliar dog, and the dogs showed a strong, consistent bias to wag their tails to the right when shown their owner or an unfamiliar human, but a left bias toward an unfamiliar dog. So if it was, and they traced it to the centers of the brain, which, just like in a human being, if something happens on the left side of the brain, it manifests on the right side of the body. Well, the left side of a dog's brain is more specialized for approach and I'm happy, let's meet each other and so, and the right side for withdrawal and fear responses and that sort of thing. So there is a bias in dogtail wagging if it's toward the right. And being politically conservative, this is easy for me to remember. To the right is good, to the left is not good.
Speaker 1: What if the dog is sitting in the passenger seat while you drive with its arms crossed looking out the window and refuses to respond to anything you say, even if you ask it what's wrong. Your dog is angry with you.
Speaker 3: Trust me, you should apologize to your dog, whether you're in the wrong or not.
Speaker 1: What if you don't know what you're apologizing for.
Speaker 3: And here's a pro tip, don't give the dog a bone. The dog doesn't want it, maybe not for a couple of days. Dog is not looking for a bone at this point. Yes, yes, don't even bring it up. I thought that was super interesting. So in a follow up study, the researchers connected dogs to heart monitors heart rate monitors and show them videos of other dogs wagging their tails. If the dog saw a left wagging tail, that's the more hostile one, their heart rate revealed that they were more anxious than when they watched a right wag tail.
Speaker 1: So the dog knows.
Speaker 3: The dog's like, ooh, left tail wag All right, hey brother, no thread here, that's not I'm not looking for trouble because the dog sensed it. And then they point out that people and dogs have been living together for more than fifteen thousand years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's really quite amazing, but we're still not.
Speaker 3: Great at recognizing the emotional state of dogs.
Speaker 1: I like to think for most of that period, we probably didn't care. We were just happy with the relationship that we built, where you lightly sleep and bark. If anybody approaches, I will continue to feed you and give you.
Speaker 3: Water when when yeah, yeah, yeah, anyway, there you go. Right, tail wag, good, left tail wag beware.
Speaker 1: Right and that whole double untondra thing earlier we can just ignore.
Speaker 3: I enjoyed it. Also from the world of science for this, that's right science. Oh you know what this deserves more time came across this one is choosing your passion over a paycheck worth it.
Speaker 1: Do what you love and the money will follow. Micro's big on. Nah, that's dumb. Yeah, find a way to make a living and make that your hobby. Learn to love it or tolerate it. Yeah, and then do what you love at home when you get home, yeah, or on the weekend. Yeah, not even close. Depends.
Speaker 3: I mean, if you happen to really enjoy what you do, or you're one of those people. And see that's the problem. There's an exceptionality bias. It happens in the news if something is rare that makes it interesting. That means they will show it to you. That convinces people. It happens all the time. But it's the opposite. It's the paradox of exceptionality for us because we have done that.
Speaker 1: I wanted to be in radio long before I ever thought I'd make any money at it to a large extent. Yeah, it does help you with the like the ten thousand hours problem of takes you that long to be really good at something if you really like doing it. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Some days, do I want to throw myself off a cliff and beaten by sharks instead of doing this one?
Speaker 1: Working?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: Yes, but most days no. Are you hoping the dog is using the left side of its brain to elite your face off so you don't have to go to work? Yeah? If you miss a segment, get the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand Armstrong and Getty