Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe, Ketty Armstrong and Jettie and he Armstrong and Yetty. Pentagon has announced we've had one hundred troops injured in the last two weeks since the fighting started again. These numbers are going to start to add up. To get people's attention, we got more on the Warner Ran and where that's going after a tenth straight night of bombing coming up a little bit later this hour. So this next clip. We played it yesterday and people loved it so much we thought we ought to play it every hour. You ought to hear it. This is This is definitely nut picking where you pick one cuckola and hold them up as an example of this is what they're all like. Ah, probably too many of them are like this. This is yeah. I wouldn't play this down.
Speaker 2: This definitely fits what we were talking about last week about the appeal of the DSA.
Speaker 1: This is a college kid trying to explain what socialism is.
Speaker 3: I know, I saw statistic amazing for you guys. More than half of young Americans now prefer socialism over capitalism. So if you can look into the camera and give a thirty second elevator pitch on why socialism is better than capitalism.
Speaker 4: Community, are you tired of sitting alone and being by yourself and having no one to talk to? VI a socialist. It's all about com me. It's about Terry sitting down and having coffee of random stranger and talking to them talking about the game. Hell I have hugged more strangers in this past summer because of the Knixt game, because of the World Cup. Because socialism works is the watch parties at a zorround hosts.
Speaker 1: It's about the parties that we allow.
Speaker 4: But you don't have cops hoogging every single site and saying, oh, you can't be here because there's too many people, instead of allowing people just being in their nature at natural element of talking each other, dude, bond over things we love and shared. So that scary word ain't me taking your house? Is about me making sure your house remains in your hands.
Speaker 1: Some million doesn't take it from you. That's it. Wo wow. Whoa And his vote counts the same as.
Speaker 2: Yours, which either motivates the hell out of you to get out and vote to cancel his.
Speaker 1: Or makes you stay at home shaking your head. All these years of talking about this sort of stuff and elections and everything like that, I still don't quite understand. And I've asked them before on the air, and they're never honest about it. Political professionals, how much of your job is appealing to the dumb people who have no idea what's going on on all these cable news shows and you know, articles in the New Yorker and think pieces. You're right for the whatever you act like it's about policy, Isn't it a fact that to get over the finish line you need a whole bunch of people like that guy or dumb people who are you know, on the other side of the political out You really have no idea what they're talking about. He just got them into your tent by the millions, and that what's won year election. And I've never gotten any political professional to ever admit that that's part of the job. It has to be part of the job.
Speaker 2: I know, we both like reading and talking to some of the real thinkers and politics. You're you're Jonah's Goldberg and your Tim's send a fur and all. But in terms of actual electoral politics, be better off watching Inside Baseball, or just about equal dancing with the start.
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 2: It's about frightening and or enticing people who have no idea what's going on to come.
Speaker 1: To your troth. I mean that guy clearly doesn't have the slightest idea. I mean even the slightest idea. What socialism versus free market is a is a conversation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he he knows nothing about politics, although at the very end he finally got to it, like, you get to keep your home and a millionaire can't take it from you. So at least he heard something from somebody that's stuck in his head.
Speaker 1: But here's the part of that. They've never made more friends in aarium time in my life, all these watch parties with the Knicks. That's socialism.
Speaker 5: What you just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I've ever heard. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it.
Speaker 1: That is true. May God have mercy on your soul.
Speaker 2: Also, that's one of my favorite lines for many movie ever. That was an Adam Sandler vehicle, wasn't it a water boy?
Speaker 1: Maybe? I think that's from Citizen Kane.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you know, politically speaking, obviously he's an idiot, but I think from a marketing point of view and of serving social interaction, not socialism, but anthropology whatever the modern world. I have now come into this narrative multiple times, including that great piece I shared from the Wall Street Journal.
Speaker 1: I think it was Friday.
Speaker 2: The DSA has realized young people are lonely, they are craving in person interaction.
Speaker 1: They're craving purpose. We're going to give it to them.
Speaker 2: So, as I was pointing out last week, they have game nights, they have fun runs, they have ice cream socials, they have a hundred excuses for young people to be in together in person, and oh, you know, it reminds me, honestly of some of the youth things I did through my church as a kid. A lot of it was social and then there was the Christian aspect of it that was part of it, but the draw for a lot of kids was absolutely the social aspect of it. There are a lot of things we did that had nothing to do with the New Testament.
Speaker 1: My old kids have both been to church camps that they went to because of the social stuff, right exactly.
Speaker 2: And that's what the DSAY is doing and they're doing it effectively, and why it's a good example that half wit was absolutely a half wit. I think we scoff at that strategy at our apparel to our peril around our.
Speaker 1: Exactly. Yeah, we should not do that because they're onto something different. Thing I mentioned last hour, which I don't know much about. Maybe i'll look more into this. Uh, somebody who's writing about tech bros socialism, And I suppose that's the right term of for it, because your Elon Musk, you're Peter Thiel, You're Mark and Dreesen, your various people who are always talking about the future under AI are talking about a post work world with top down distribution and equity. How is that not socialism? I mean, that's clearly what it is. It's going to be some sort of tech socialism. Elon, who's clearly a free market guy, and you know he's trumpy and he's he's warning us about the Wolkes and socialists all the time. I think his argument would be, well, that's what we're going to have to do because there's going to be no jobs in AI is going to do everything. But there's still no way to describe that other than a government run economy, right, distribution of funds?
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, yeah, And let's just all agree that the textbook definition of socialism is not what we're talking about. We're talking about widespread redistribution of wealth and in heavy government industrial partnerships to keep people from revolting. That's what they're talking about. And that's absolutely what they're talking about one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I don't understand why they never have to answer for that. Who's going to collect all this money when A is this being so productive? Who's gonna decide who gets how much? How is that? What's the structure for that that will be any better than any other system that's tried this in the past.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, it's not like they're not admitting it. They're just not explaining how it will work structurally because I don't think it will.
Speaker 6: Well, that's been talk about the devils in the details. Oh yeah, yeah, one dred percent the whole ballgame. Yeah yeah, here here more on that after word from our friends and in cogni. There are thousands of places on the Internet that have a file with your name on it, with your home address, your cell number, your email address, maybe even your medical conditions, your age, how you vote your kids' names, thousands of them. You do not have time to contact all of them and tell them, hey, get rid of my info, because that is your right.
Speaker 1: But in COOGNI has time. Got a perfect example. A friend of mine contacted me last night and said, Hey, I wonder you know about this sort of stuff more than I do. Just got contacted by an old friend from a job years ago I haven't talked to, who said they need money and if they could just venmo me seven and a half dollars, they'd vendo me the money back. And I said, that's absolutely a scam anytime they want those small amounts of money. How did somebody come up with an old college friend blah blah blah. That's the sort of stuff we're talking about within cogny. All that stuff is out there on data brokers, all this different information flying around, and the only way you can get it off is if you've got incogny going to the data brokers and legally forcing them to remove it.
Speaker 2: Go to in cognit dot com slash armstrong right now for sixty percent off. That's in cognit dot com slash armstrong, I n coog and I in cognity dot com slash armstrong take your private life off the market within cognate.
Speaker 1: That's one of the key tells, which I only know just because we've talked about it in the mornings. Is the whole small amount of money thing coming out of your account or it's a test, it's a low resistance.
Speaker 2: Is this the sort of person that it's worth pursuing this a scam on?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Wow, it's frightening. The frightening part is that in this particular case, it was somebody they worked with years ago, but they had their phone number and sent you a text from their phone number like it was them saying, Hey, I've got a financial problem and I need some help. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got hit with the party invitation thing and got suckered not too terribly long ago.
Speaker 1: I undid it easily. That would be. That'd be that I'd fall for that absolutely. I wouldn't think twice. Oh that sucks, yeah, bastards.
Speaker 2: Well, and I have a friend who's getting married coming up in the fall, and his invitation it's all electronic, and the events, the schedule and just all the information you need is electronic like it is these days. But you need to sign on to the little invite site whatever it is to show that you're an actual guest. Blah blah blah. It is so similar to the scam. I was tired and distracted one day. I should have recognized the subtle difference.
Speaker 1: I didn't. But it's pretty good, it's pretty sophistic Yeah. I got hit with a text yesterday that I'm two months behind on my rent from the company that does the stuff with the house that I rent, and I know that I'm not. But it had the link to their portal, which I stupidly clicked on, but it looked like the real portal, and I think maybe it was, so I don't know. I don't know if they got hacked. I don't I'm trying to straighten that out today. But I may have clicked on a bad link and like ruined my life. In fact, I might be completely broke as we speak. Oh yeah, and drained of my bodily fluids. In fact, my kids might not even be at my house right now. Who knows what's going on. Michael.
Speaker 2: If he hits you up, just say I don't carry cash. That usually makes them go away.
Speaker 1: That's actually true.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, speaking of not having any cash back to the socialism theme.
Speaker 1: We'll be talking about this a little bit more later.
Speaker 2: If you haven't heard the DSA's actual platform, I have it in front of me, and it's efing fruit loops.
Speaker 1: We touched on it some yesterday.
Speaker 2: And also absolutely true now that mainstream Democrats are recognizing, Oh wait a minute, this is not a mildly annoying part of our big tent party. These people are common for us, so that war will be interesting to witness. God, i'd say, from over here on the right side of the aisle, all as fascists gathered.
Speaker 1: Together plotting our fascist plots. Why are the sales for many alcohol bottles up when people are drinking less? A little bit of a suspicion about that story. I don't know. I can't imagine, as a guy who knows a lot of alcoholics, what's going on there. It's gone there, among other things we got on the West, Stay tuned.
Speaker 7: Who's bigger isn't necessarily better? A number of alcohol companies have noticed sales of smaller bottles on the rides. That's filling a move for them to offer more many bottles. Experts say consumers appear more willing to buy alcohol when they don't have to drop as much money to do so makes sense. And sometimes, especially with wine Carolina, you just want the one serving.
Speaker 1: Right, Okay, So no, wrong, I don't I that might be. It's doesn't make much sense. Really, booze is too expensive, so you're buying the tiny little bottles. I assume you're drinking the same amount, so it's actually more expensive to do it that way. So that doesn't really make any sense. Way more. I was thinking it might be. I have no proof of this, whatsoever. Most secret alcoholics I've known, I've never I was never a booze guy. I'm a beer drink. I was a beer drinker. I was never boozed a guy. But most booze like alcoholics i've known, they're all about the little mini bottles in Casina. You buy them and you can like pour them into your coffee at work or watching your kid play Little League or whatever it is you're doing. And I just wondered if all this people are drinking less at bars and stuff like that thing people are, Yeah, I'm not drinking anymore Either're pouring your little tiny bottle into your thing at the little league game.
Speaker 2: You know, I as a man who just dropped a substantial amount of money at a liquor store yesterday. Whenever there are people in front of me in line who are buying a bunch of little bottles, they're not sophisticates.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Oh, and alcoholics are come from all wats of life, obviously, absolutely, but they definitely look like people who are trying to get away with with like day drinking all day day.
Speaker 1: Drinks bottles of alcohol. Well, here's I.
Speaker 2: Gotta do, like alcoholic hacks. That'll be my new my website that'll get lots of HiT's. Get the big bottle that costs the a lot less and get the little travel bottles at the drug store for like your shampoo or whatever.
Speaker 1: It's obvious. Of course, I haven't rotted my brain with you. Would you like me to explain it to you from an alcoholic standpoint? Yeah, in your own mind, you think you're just gonna have this one or two, or you're stopping today and you won't need them tomorrow.
Speaker 5: Or what.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's what happens. You have to see, I'm strictly so I'm off. You have to constantly lie to yourself about how much you're gonna drink otherwise. I mean, if you took it all in, it was I'm going to drink eight hundred beers this week, So the smart thing to do would be to buy them in bulk at costco. You know, you buy one six pack at a time, thinking that this is all I need. I need one, I need another one, I need one more six packs? You know, today I need to buy more six packs. That's that's the why that is interesting. I wanted to talk about because, uh, well this is the fit in we're doing China Cabinet coming up later. Yeah, look inside the China cab I like you when you say that way. I hope I'm old, and you know I'm in the winter of my life and my time has passed. My generation's time is past. I hope the young people figure out what to do about this whole algorithm thing that we're all living under in terms of our news flow. I don't like my algorithms that I've got on my Twitter, that I've got on my YouTube. Can I get different ones? Can I can? Should I start multiple accounts so I can switch around with algorithms? And it just it locks you into an information flow and it's almost always unhealthy my Twitter feed is just depressing as s and I'm like, quit. I mean, I've noticed it affecting me. We've been on Twitter for many, many, many years. It's just recently that I started looking at the for you suggestion Twitter. I used to always go to sites, I never had them fed to me. I don't know why I started doing this, but now I look at the for you stuff and it figured out kind of what I'm interested in. I'm kind of a guy that likes, you know, the world's going to hell stuff, and so it just feeds me endless World's going to hell like it's the only news. And I've noticed that having an effect on my mood. And they don't call it joy scrolling, and I want to, Like, I wish I could go in there and say, hey, make the algorithm more optimistic. Send me good news, because I know there's plenty of it out there right right.
Speaker 2: Just saw a story in the New York Post the Treasury Department stopped one hundred million dollars from going out to dead people in social scaritay I think it was, I'll bring you the details later.
Speaker 1: I almost didn't click on.
Speaker 2: It because it was good news, because it was something positive. I thought, what the hell's the matter with you? But yeah, it's about the algorithms. Neil Ferguson. We referenced this yesterday. Co wrote a great article about how historians are now helpless against algorithms trying to straighten people out about the Holocaust or whatever. And I was reading about that. How young men they go down that road, that the Nazish road, and they just get flooded with the stuff. It's terrible.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that needs to hey, young people, fix the algorithm problem, Armstrong and Getty. So we played the clip earlier, we played it yesterday. We'll play it a lot. Some part of it will probably end up in the clips of the year. I would, oh, I love that the college kid explaining socialism and say socialism is great. I've never made more friends watching Knicks games together and watching the World Cup together. That's socialism. And somebody texted that idiot child doesn't know the difference between socialism and socializing exactly. It reminds me of the scene in Spinal Tap when Bobby Feckman says the cover of Smell but Glove is sexist and Nigel Toughnell says, what's wrong with being sexy. Right, Yeah, it's very much same. Yeah. No, socializing is awesome. No, no, no, no, there's a political movement called socialism that killed one hundred million people last century. It's got nothing to do with watching basketball games together. I thought it was game nights and fun runs.
Speaker 2: Oh no, wow, Lord, yeah, yeah, So the mainstream Democratic Party is waking up to the threat of the DSA. We'll talk about that little more later on. Also, Jack, I know this will warm your heart. There's a new specialty in counseling. It's getting more and more folks going to it. It's counseling to get you over the stupid, counterproductive counseling you've had.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, what do you call it? Meta counseling or counter counseling. I like counter counseling.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's illiterative anyway, or assonance I guess anyway, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: What was I going to say?
Speaker 2: Oh, in particular, a new trend among counselors to make everything that's bad that's ever happened to your trauma. Yeah, and say you should several relations with your family. Oh, skyrocketing levels of people reporting Yeah, my councilor told them, don't even talk to your mom anymore.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's common. Oh my god, I have I have lived that. I can't talk about it, not in my family, thank god. Yeah. But oh that is a bad one. So so much to gum.
Speaker 2: But first, let's take a look inside a China cabinet.
Speaker 4: China don't trust China.
Speaker 1: That's true, Sir. I apologize for interrupting christ to me. You haven't done this for a.
Speaker 2: While, and I was thinking about the fact that several different presidents have said, you know, we really need to pivot away from the Middle East, which is a quagmire and a pain in the ass, because China is the real threat.
Speaker 1: I was thinking about this too. Freed Zakaria made it the focus of his Sunday show, and I thought, you're right, but I don't know how to get out of it. China is such a big winner in this US being distracted from the biggest threat on the planet being China, the fact that we're using so many of our munitions and everything like that. China doesn't worry about the Middle East. Why have we always gotten sucked into the Middle East and been the ones to try to fix the problems, which I really a lot of you America firsters who voted for Trump have been screaming that this whole time, why why are we the world's policemen in the Middle East? Let him sort it all out. But on the other hand, nobody else don't, is the answer. Nobody else in the world was going to stop Iran from getting a nuclear weapon, right. The fact that China isn't worried about Iran having a nuclear weapon doesn't mean it's not a problem. Yeah.
Speaker 2: In many cases, America is like the believied sheriff of lawless to the western town, just trying to keep civilization together. If he stops, civilization will go away. That's why we continue to police the world, because the alternative is not somebody else doing the job as well as we do. The alternative is nobody doing the damn job in China taking over and twisting the world to their aims. To wit a handful of stories, here's a headline for you, China's destroyers live fire drill draws protest by Japan. They've got live fire exercises is going on just southwest of a Japanese a toll, Following not long ago China Russia exercises and the Japanese are getting freaked out about it. And a toll is a little island, It's a series of little islands. Chinese guided missile destroyer carried out the drill on Sunday in waters about one hundred and ten miles southwest of unpronounceable Akorla Toll between Taiwan and Guam. That is the southernmost part of Japan. According to Japan's Defense Ministry, the Detroyer has sailed to the area alongside two other Chinese naval vessels and a Russian frigate.
Speaker 1: Just frigate, that's what I say.
Speaker 2: And the japan have Japanese rather have filed an official complaint, not an informal or unofficial complaint, unofficial one. And how about this, okay, I probably should have led with this from the Wall Street Journal. China aggressively patrols disputed waters. Now the US Coast Guard is moving in. Ships have been pulled from the Middle East to form more flexible expeditionary squadrons. Oh Boy Coast Guard ships deployed previously in the Middle East are now operating out of Singapore and the Philippines. Deale challenge China's assertion of power in the Pacific.
Speaker 1: That sounds like just a straight up I wonder what would happen if we did this. They so bogged down in the Middle East that they can't even pay attention to this, and we sent some ships over there.
Speaker 2: But yeah, it's similar to Russia's model probe probe probe test test test.
Speaker 1: It's not like China is not aware. How I hate to use the word bogged down, but might be might be accurate at this point. It's not like we can pull out and let Iran have the straight Trump might disagree with what I just said. Actually so.
Speaker 2: The six hundred and fifty four foot fast Response cutters are part of the Coast Guards to Reimagined Expeditionary Cutter Squadron, which can be sent anywhere in the world. Their first deployment is the Western Pacific, where tensions have run high. Has China escalated what is called a gray zone campaign to project control around Taiwan and the disputed waters of the South China Sea. They're beaten the hell out of the poor Philippine Coastguard man.
Speaker 1: Do they bully them?
Speaker 2: Just trying to stretch their area of control outward outward outward all the time, and now the US is sending, we are sending our coastguard.
Speaker 1: Vessels moving along.
Speaker 2: Chijin Ping had a big conference last week touting open source AI and taking a swipe at AI dominance. If you fall for this, you're either young and naive or stupid. Cheese in Ping talking about AI development should not be a solo performance by a single country, but a symphony of global cooperation.
Speaker 1: He called for cooperation within the framework of the UN.
Speaker 2: To ensure that AI is secure and controllable, and he highlighted the potential dangers of autonomous systems making life or death decisions.
Speaker 1: Ah, what is.
Speaker 2: The grand prize of AGI? He's asking, why use it to create closed systems?
Speaker 1: We need to share this technology.
Speaker 2: The minute China gets a one inch lead on AI, they'll say, open source my ass.
Speaker 1: Now we're leading.
Speaker 2: Come on, wake up. Unbelievable comedy devils speaking of AI. We've talked about this a bit, the controversy over data centers and Kathy Hokeel, the twitnor of New York Electric bills.
Speaker 1: Clearly, yes, twit with an eye.
Speaker 2: With their temporary moratorium on data centers because it's politically kind of hot on the left, and because it gives her a chance to blame sky high electric bills in New York on data centers, when it's all they're idiotic, doubling down on green energy farces that funnel money to their cronies only somewhat related to the China cabinet. But I wanted to throw it in and get to this headline from the New York Times. China, Russia and others seek to inflame debate over AI data centers. And you know, I hate to give the New York Times much credit because they are just a biased, ridiculous pain in the ass right now. But honestly, if the New York Times is out saying, look a lot of this anti AI stuff, the anti data center stuf being fed by the Chinese and the Russians, then you know it's just so obviously true that not even they can ignore it.
Speaker 1: Here's the story.
Speaker 2: Stayed owned newspaper in China recently published a satellite image of a data center in Gainesville, Virginia, writing in English that the development of AI intelligence opposed a threat to America's physical and financial wellbeing. The comic strip made to look as if it had been published by a Maryland news outlet created with open AI's chat GPT by people in China, ironically circulated on x this year, blaming data centers for soaring electricity bills. It showed a tycoon smoking a cigar and clutching bags of cash to what tycoons do? Yeah, that's a classic, isn't this from like the depression?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 2: Video shared on x by a known covert Russian influence operation questioned the validity of a data center that an American company, Firebird, is constructing in Armenia, the small Caucuses nation that's been the focused Kremlin pressure. Quote, the country's electrical grid instability may render it useless. The videos, a narrator says, so of the controversy you're seeing is being fed financed by China and to a lesser extent, Russia. Actually Iran. But Iran's kind of busy getting bombed right now too. And this is actually a great description of the way they work. It's Jessica Brand, former official with the Office of the Director of National Intelligence. She says, quote, foreign actors aren't manufacturing American debates over the future of AI, They're exploiting them. The goal is to deepen divisions in order to dent our appeal and weaken us from within.
Speaker 1: Speaking of.
Speaker 2: Your doom scrolling on Twitter, so much of that stuff is being fed to us by our adversaries.
Speaker 1: I know that's true. That's why I want. I want an opt out. I wish YouTube. Well, of course they're not going to do this because that's how they make their money, or they think they make their money. I want an opt out. I don't want an algorithm. I'll make my own decisions. Yeah, yeah, just randomly feed me news stories, no algorithms. But you know they're never going to do that. But it's so bad force even if it's not unhealthy stuff. You're so siloed on your information. Right, you gave a great example.
Speaker 2: Well, why don't we say that was a tangential but relevant end to a look in the China cabinet, China.
Speaker 1: You gave a great example.
Speaker 2: I think it was off the air about the algorithm bubbling fencing that we'll discuss after a quick word from our friends at Rough Greens.
Speaker 1: Your beloved dog needs good nutrition.
Speaker 2: Yes's dog's food is probably decent, right, but it's not great. And that's why so many thousands of people are turning to Rough Greens America's number one dog supplement.
Speaker 1: So this is what it is. It's something you sprinkle on top of your dog's food with life, probiotics, enzymes, omega oils, over twenty vitamins and minerals. It's America's number one dog supplement. It's all natural, it's made the United States, and you can get a free Jumpstart trial bag today. You don't have to pay anything except for the shipping, so why not try it.
Speaker 2: Thousands of dogs are feeling younger, more energetic, and healthier than they have in years. Your dog could be one of them. It's all about a longer, happier, more comfortable life from the inside out. Get a free Jumpstart trial bag today, you just cover the shipping. Go to Roughgreens dot com use the discount code Armstrong. That's ruff Greens dot com discount code Armstrong.
Speaker 1: One more time?
Speaker 2: Are you Ffgreens dot com discount code Armstrong. Armstrong Roughgreens makes any dog food better. You type Armstring in there, you'll get nothing.
Speaker 1: I don't know how hard it would be to set up like a different Twitter account to get a different algorithm, or if Twitter or Google or whoever would figure out it's still me yeah, they have very very wily.
Speaker 2: Or do you spend forty five minutes one day just deliberately clicking on things that are different?
Speaker 1: Maybe that would do it. I don't know. But if you're the sort of college kid who got interested in what Israel's doing in Gaza and you got fed every single day the worst pictures of rubble and injured people in Gaza, you think that's the number one story in the world that everybody's following, and Israel is evil as opposed to I didn't click on those stories. I don't get fed anything about Gaza ever.
Speaker 2: On Twitter, ever, many of those messages crafted by Hamas Iran and Cutter, I.
Speaker 1: Get NonStop stuff about nutjob socialists out there, which the nutjobs, you know, college kids believe that stuff probably don't get at all, and vice versa. So yeah, I don't. This algorithm problem is serious. Can we come up with the random goarhythm? That's what I want? Yeah, just to digest.
Speaker 2: So that doesn't work as a business model, they'll say, yeah, no, no, we make a lot of money by feeding you what you want, So we're making you miserable.
Speaker 1: That's your problem, sad sack. So I carry around a clicker in my hand, like a homeplate umpire to keep a track of things. Eight three hundred and sixty two. That's how many times I've seen the old man flipped by the bison at this point. And he did an interview yesterday. We've got a little of what the flippy had to say, oh, from his hospital bed. All other things.
Speaker 5: Faster, trust me, I've got buffalo.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we've got that coming up, among other things. Stay here, armstrong and getty.
Speaker 8: We're hearing from the sixty five year old man who got flipped eight feet in the air by a bison this month at Yellowstone National Park. The video, which was everywhere on social media, shows the bison chasing Carl Ism McDaniel around a grove of trees and then launching him skywards. He broke his femur in four places, had surgery. Now recovering at Bozeman Health. He is sharing his story from his hospital bed.
Speaker 9: They moved faster than you could ever imagine. He just kept coming and he's more oppressive, and as soon as he got off that tree, he launched me in.
Speaker 8: The Airson McDaniel says he's relieved it was him and not his thirteen year old grandson, who is what I had.
Speaker 1: That's funny. I had never thought of that. Of course, that's what he was thinking about that. It would have been the only thing on my mind is how do I keep this thing away from, you know, my kid and grandson. It didn't even occur to me. That's what he was afraid of. That's what I would have been afraid of.
Speaker 2: Boy, for those who slept through science class, your femur's the big bone in your leg. He broke it in four places. That's a serious damn injury. It's supposed to be among the worst pains a human being convealed as having your femur broken because it's such a big bone.
Speaker 1: He seems okay, God bless him. We got a little more of him from the hospital bed. Although the set up there by Tony dikoppole, you're assuming there's a human being in America that isn't familiar with the story, that you need to reset it, because I don't think there's ever been anything with such reach and saturation as this story. Trump being elected president didn't have the reach of this guy getting flipped by the bison. Okay, here's the guy from his hospital, but bed.
Speaker 9: We saw the bison and he was down. He wasn't showing aggression or anything like that until it picked a target. That target happened to be me. At the time, I had my grandson with me. It was like, you need to get up to the amphitheater, I will deal with this down here.
Speaker 1: They moved faster than you could ever image him.
Speaker 9: He just kept coming and he was more aggressive, and as soon as he got off that tree, he launched me in the air, even though I was on the ground. He could have stopped me, he could have gored me, could have done anything.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, I just saw the video again. For some reason, I hadn't paid attention to the end of it. When he's on the ground and the bison starts walking toward him. He had to be thinking I'm done for and then for whatever reason, it turns around. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, maybe it was that photographer who took the video who was screaming at the thing and trying to distract it.
Speaker 1: Maybe or in the pool, poor old fella. That's fuel.
Speaker 2: They literally, as we're talking about this, are showing it on life.
Speaker 1: And it had never occurred to me. Of course, he was scared to death. The kid was going to get run over. I had another thought on the Oh did I see the other day that they run thirty five miles an hour. I could believe that. I suppose, Oh my gosh, gigantic beast. If that thing got it was coming at you at that speed, you'd be thinking, how is something that big coming? That would be like if Lawrence Taylor's going after you, How is something that big running that fast? Right? WHOA, Yeah, you run that experiment a thousand times. How many times do you end up able to talk to the press a week later? I don't know, very very often.
Speaker 2: Watch out for those big old beasts if you're at a natural National park.
Speaker 1: First of all, when you're spinning three year if it's just that, now you're into weltze like spinning our wheel. Do I land on my feet and break my leg? Or do I land on my head and I'm instantly dead?
Speaker 2: Let's see, right, this will be interesting. There's the ground, there's the ground again, there's the ground again?
Speaker 1: Oh leg? Or back at such an angle that I'm alive but paralyzed from the neck down for the rest of my life. Right right, Yeah, you're lucky. All these guys are broken femur o. God dang it. At age sixty five, I can't imagine what the healing process on that is, Like, you know, how much time do we have, Michael? Does he get to sue Buffalo Bill Cody or is he anybody he can sue the buffalo bills?
Speaker 2: That's why I would sue the buffalo encouraging right, yep, encouraging the bison to be more aggressive, or the people's interest in Buffalo.
Speaker 1: I'd had no interest in Buffalo if it weren't for Josh Allen. Right, you can get say, fifty thousand dollars settlement.
Speaker 2: Anyway, I'm hoping he gets an endorsement of some sort oh something.
Speaker 1: Hi, I'm the old guy that got flipped through the air.
Speaker 2: For pens oil or whatever he's going to I think it would have to be like Thailand all or that's a good or painkiller, or how about like Levi's jeans I got Gordon by Buffalo. Look at these jeans, fe I like tylanol. Whether you've got a headache at the end of a long stressful day, or have you been flipped in the air by a bison and you point to the screen and shows you tildol is the answer, right, that's gotta happen, So nothing's gonna screw you up worse than counseling these days, we'll have that story for you. Plus, the Democratic mainstream is starting to realize, Okay, we need to fight these lunatics a DSA.
Speaker 1: That therapy story doesn't surprise me in the least. Can't wait to talk about that. If you missed a segment of the podcast, Armstrong and Getty on to Man Armstrong and Getty