Speaker 1: Oh your going back to the Cowboys. Cowboys pro bo guard tyland Smith is not shy about what he expects in twenty twenty five as training camp begins this week. Super Bowl champions. That's always the expectation. I think it's a realistic goal, yes, Smeil said, why because we can win the Super Bowl? Why not? Why can't we win? Do you think it's unrealistic? Yes, I do.
Speaker 2: That's not nice. But listen, everybody has the ultimate goal.
Speaker 1: Yea.
Speaker 2: Everybody is a clean slate for every NFL team.
Speaker 3: Every NFL team is going into training camp with the same end goal in mind. We want to hoist a Lombardy in San Francisco this year.
Speaker 2: Everybody does.
Speaker 3: Now, some teams a little bit more realistic and are built to be playing in February, to be making into the postseason. Everybody in the NFC East, they've gotten much better. They've got the Commanders got better. Yeah, Eagles got better. We're already good.
Speaker 2: The Cowboys they made a little noise. Offensively. Offensively yeah, offensive, they got George Pickens. This ain't just saying no motherfucker, excuse me, I'm sorry. This ain't no slouch.
Speaker 3: They've improved tremendously on the offensive side of the ball. The issue wasn't offense last year. The issue was on the other side of the ball and one of the key components to that defense.
Speaker 2: Well, hell, you.
Speaker 3: Just talked about him like a dog in front of the world on how you really feel and permitted to take a shot at your quarterback.
Speaker 1: Oh yo, look what I got today?
Speaker 2: A knife?
Speaker 1: Look what's on it?
Speaker 2: Boy, I only got one eye. I can't see that.
Speaker 1: It ain't for you for the chat chat what they say?
Speaker 2: Chat? Hold on, let me read the chat real quick.
Speaker 1: It's a Hall of Fame number two sixty seven. That was album, the number two sixty seven.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, And it says.
Speaker 1: Sheldon Sharp number two sixty seven got the Hall of Fame. I think my brother might be three eighty nine. Got a pearl handle? You want to buy it?
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, no no, I'm not gonna let youa let you have it. I'm not I'm not too I'm not too fond and keen of memorabilia.
Speaker 2: I told you the one thing I want, though, what you want?
Speaker 3: I want that damn jacket I put on, and that damn Ravens game. I can't find that now, that's that that I won't.
Speaker 1: It was at a storage locker, they say.
Speaker 2: Man, man, listen, I wish it was.
Speaker 3: I've been looking for that jacket since that game in two thousand and seven.
Speaker 2: I ain't been able to find it.
Speaker 1: If you ain't been able to find it since then, you're probably not gonna be able to find it. What do you think about, Joe? You think the Cowboys got a chance to uh, you know, the Eagles obviously loaded again. The Rams really good. I think the forty nine ers will be back. They'll be good. Green Bay, Minnesota.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh well, I just absolutely listen. The Cowboys their identity is offense. They got some help, they got some help in getting George Pickens over there.
Speaker 2: They have a chance. They have a chance.
Speaker 3: They just got to be able to stop people. They got to be able to stop people. You can't have what happened when you played Green Bay last year in the postseason. Wait, was that lastic.
Speaker 1: Three years ago? They made the postseason last year last year?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can't. You can't have that happen. You just can't.
Speaker 3: You know, you hope everyone can stay healthy. They give your best chance to win all season long. Despite what the owner said publicly.
Speaker 1: You know, I mean the Cowboys have not played on the Super Bowl since nineteen ninety five. They also haven't reached the championship game in thirty years. That is the longest drought in the conference.
Speaker 2: Damn.
Speaker 1: So everybody that's in the NFC has gone to at least the championship game since the Cowboys. Yeah, but I guess that's a that's their year. Donald Trump wants Washington Commanders to switch back to their old name, and if they're not willing to do so, the President has threatened to derail the team's plans to build a new stadium in Washington. Trump wrote on his social media page True Social I may put a restriction on them if they don't change the name back to the original Washington Redskins and get rid of the ridiculous moniker Washington Commanders. I won't make a deal for them to build a stadium in Washington. The team would be much more valuable and the deal would be much more exciting for everyone. Ojo, look what we found. Remember in twenty thirteen, President should not be telling the Washington Redskins to change their name, for our country has far bigger problem them. Focus on them not nonsense.
Speaker 2: Huh hey, whoa hold.
Speaker 1: On, wait a minute, that's crazy. Should not be telling washing the Reskins to change their name? So what is so? What is Donald Trump currently president? So he should not be telling the teens to do what? Don't Joe change the name? I mean that's what he said in twenty thirteen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh, hey, a Trump Trump something else?
Speaker 1: Ain't he He's something?
Speaker 3: I'm like all Joe de side Trump is something else, you know, just someone that is sitting at the highest seat with that kind of power, and he does things in a different way than any other president can. Yeah, he does things in a way and differently than any other president.
Speaker 1: What they have no guardrails on everybody. I mean, you have to have undying loyty. Even though he tells a lie, you come out and you compound it by telling even bigger lies. It's just it is what it is. This is what seventy seven million people voted for. So I look, I'm I'm gone through a lot of presidents from I remember Gerald Ford when he when he took over for Nixon and he lost to uh well he lost, he lost to Carter because he pardoned Richard Nixon. That's why he lost, but then and then Carter and then he ended up getting swept by Reagan, and then Reagan won again. He beat Mine, beat the breaks off Mondel in eighty four. I mean yeah, I mean that was the most lopsided victory and I think probably in the history of of of of elections. It is what it is.
Speaker 3: Man, Hey, young, young, young, young bullets against the man. Yeah, listen, I don't think people understand how do I say this without without getting myself in trouble. I don't think people understand that people of that kind of power, that kind of power, operate by a different set of rules no matter what you say. Yeah, I want to say, you could say this, Oh he got it. They operate by a different set of rules than everybody else.
Speaker 1: Well they used to look. People laugh when he said he was they're Martin Luther King. He didn't lie. Yeah, he didn't lie. He is different. He gave it. It was okay to say whatever, yeah, because a lot of times people thought it, but you know, there was backlash for saying it. He made it okay to say it.
Speaker 2: You see, you see what you're just saying. People thought it, but they didn't what Jerry when Jerry just came out and said, well, you think other owners don't think like that?
Speaker 1: Sure, for sure they will never.
Speaker 2: They will never one of those words publicly to let the players know, this is how I really feel about you.
Speaker 1: Come on, they changed the name. I mean, I've heard some some some Native Americans say we like the name. It's a side of it's a it's a term of endearment. I've said some. I've seen some say no, we wanted to change whatever. I'm not losing I'm not losing sleep over one way or another. But for me, it just took one person not to say, you know, to say, don't call me that, and I'm cool with it. I don't like I said, I Oh, I'm not losing no sleep over name.
Speaker 2: Listen.
Speaker 1: List if they feel, if they feel if it's derogatory, take off with it.
Speaker 2: Hey, listen, I saw, I saw a tweet. I put it up. I put it up on on on Instagrams. Remember All in the.
Speaker 1: Family, Yeah, Archie Bunker, Yeah, Carol O'Connor, Jeans Stable, rob Reyner.
Speaker 2: Listen, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Me watching All in the Family and me watching Samfordan's son is why I'm.
Speaker 2: Not easily offended in today's world.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, back then. I mean look, but back then they said things. I mean they said that I G. G. E. R.
Speaker 3: Could you imagine All in the Family running in today's society?
Speaker 1: No, absolutely not, absolutely not. None of those shows, the Jefferson none of those shows.
Speaker 3: He said absolutely nothing and it always they had the er, Yeah, for sure, proudly.
Speaker 2: Can you imagine the Dean Martin roast in today's society.
Speaker 1: I mean they got a little bit of it with the Tom Brady, but that's kind of how you got That's kind of how you got away. That's kind of how you got it. That's got away with the roast because you couldn't be as forthcoming and as open and saying things like that, like because of roast, all all all bests are off.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The true definition of a roast when you actually roat someone. Yeah, you tell it, you tear them up.
Speaker 3: I know the chat probably isn't familiar with it, but just tonight, after tonight's show, chat, y'all, just do me a favor. Just just go on YouTube and just type in Dean Martin ROAs or Dean Martin Rose, Sammy David Jr.
Speaker 2: Dean Martin Ross.
Speaker 1: Everybody because he was he was always the host.
Speaker 2: Frank Frank Sinatra.
Speaker 3: And listen to the undertone Will Chamberlain was on one episode. Listen to the jokes with the hardy r in the world.
Speaker 1: They was cutting up. I mean, Lucy a Ball, They had Lucy a Ball, they had Tim Carway, Harvey Korman, Harvey gor Man. Look here they were tearing people up. I mean what they would say, what rough?
Speaker 2: It wouldn't flatter it. I think they had one episode and everybody came.
Speaker 1: That's it, that's it, that's it. Yeah, for sure. And and and comedians they've they've had to evolve because Richard Price. You think Richard probably gonna be able to get up there and say what he's saying and edit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Red Fox too.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, I mean you you evolved. But look the president you know, look he's like, change it back. But President Biden has already given the land and they sold the land for ninety nine years, so it ain't nothing he can do. Yeah, but I mean, what, why do you care?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Who care? I don't care about a team's name. Who cares about that? So what? Oh? You start watching them because they changed the name from that to the commanders who do so if they changed the name to the Lakers, you think. Look, I'm a Lebron fan. I mean, I mean, I made that but clear. But it doesn't matter name to me. I don't root for a name. I root for the player. I root for a team. And yeah, I don't like you said, oh yo, I don't get offended by that. Like that's there. If somebody says that's offensive to me, that's good enough for me, especially from that community. I don't try to you know what, I don't, Joe. I don't try to dictate other communities what's offensive to them. If they say that's if they say, hey, don't call me lotion, that's offensive to us. Okay, I'm cool with it that that's your community. You get to police your community. I don't want someone to tell me to try to police out how we talk to one another. You don't grown stop y'all do y'all thing. How y'all talk, you know, gaze it talk one way to somebody. People from the Jewish community talk one way to somebody, Blacks talk one way to somebody, Asians talk somebody. I ain't in then, a man, how you said I want to be no I've never heard someone getting into a disagreement call someone from a group a derogatory name and thought, man, man, that showed be cool if I could do that. I ain't never did that on Yo, right right, I mean I don't care.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's crazy. Matter of fact, now that I think about it.
Speaker 3: You know who just as bad as all in the family, just as bad as the Jeffers. Good times with being able to get away with it in today's times.
Speaker 2: Nobody that's an eye South Park?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, South Park? They yeah, South Park.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know who the writers are. I don't know what kind of protection shield they have. But everybody gets a green light, and everybody a racist undertones.
Speaker 2: Nobody's off limits. It don't matter who you are.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, they get you now.
Speaker 2: South Park gonna let it, They gonna let it fly.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah. I haven't watched South Park in a very long time since I think chef was Isaac Hayes with the voice of chef I think on South Park. Yeah, was not the chef. I'm almost certain that he was. Mm hmm, so I have I haven't watched him a very long time. As a matter of fact, I haven't really watched a whole lot of TV that wasn't sports related. You know, I got into Reacher and I watched U Godfather of Harlem. You know, I watched a few shows. I watched the show with a Russell Russell Crowe and uh Idris Elba. I watched that. I was watching. I think I was watching something I got started watching. I hadn't finished it with Charlie Faerron. I forget the name of that movie it's on. I think it's on Netflix or something, mm hmm. But you know I've been I've been trying to watch TV. Oho, oh Joe, I'll go weeks what I watching TV?
Speaker 3: It's easy for you right now, especially with no sports sports and you know just ended ain't no basketball. What about some of league? You enjoyed some of the league?
Speaker 1: No, i' watched a little few highlights of Bronnie. I wanted to see bron against Cooper Flag, you know, I want to see the maturation and improvement that Bronnie had in this game. So I watched a little bit of it. But right now, you know, football season is right around the corner. Uh Track and field the World Championships in Tokyo and is in September, so we go, Hey, we got a full slate, especially at the Gate, which is I'm very excited about college football is gonna be here before you know it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, wait, college football starting.
Speaker 1: In August.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we got a few days in August.
Speaker 1: Yeah, ain't no, ain't no football in July.
Speaker 3: Oh yo, oh you know what I'm talking about? The other football soccer my bad. Oh yeah yeah, soccer stars August twenty nine.
Speaker 1: Thought, Yo, they started the tour because, uh, hell we'll be We'll be at the I'll be at the Hall. Yeah because hell no, no, hell no, I won't be at the haul up. This is July. That what the hell I'm thinking. Yeah, I'm like, damn no July, July, July going to the Hall of July. Oh August. Yeah, we're being full till. I mean, but you know you have preseason football, right, yeah, I mean preseason The first game is that your Hall of Fame game that Thursday?
Speaker 2: So asking who plan who playing this year?
Speaker 1: Uh, the Chargers, the Chargers, and who the Packers, Lions and Chargers.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, okay, oh yeah.
Speaker 1: We played the I think we played the Lions one year. Go back and look and see did we did. We play the Lions in ninety one. I think we played the Lions in the Hall of Fame game in ninety one, because I know my first year we played Seattle in Japan. I'm almost certain we played the Lions. I know we lost.
Speaker 3: Oh speaking of football, man, I listen, even if you haven't been watching TV, I know you've seen that young bull on ESPN from the from the Flag team.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Jacksonville team which was to win the call one hand man.
Speaker 2: This what man, man, pretty gret thing like this.
Speaker 1: Oh Jo, it's funny think about it. In nineteen in nineteen ninety one, Yeah, we played in the Hall of Fame game. I go into Hall of Fame. I'm in the building right for real. Thirty years later.
Speaker 2: Oh that's crazy, that's crazy. That's dope.
Speaker 1: And now you know, fourteen years later after I go in, my brother's going in.
Speaker 2: That's live.
Speaker 1: Yeah. My mama's extremely my mom extremely proud. I wish I wish my dad and my grandfather could see this moment. They wouldn't believe it. That's my grandfather would probably say, Mary, I told you them, boy was gonna make something, especially that little one. Uh my dad, I mean you know when you see dads come for like for the football game, Oh Joe, and you know they have their dad. Hey, Sha, man, it's my dad. Say how you doing, mister such and such. To have my dad, to have my dad, to be in the locker room, to be on the sideline, to have my grandfather, just to see it. My grandmother, my grandmother, saw my my brother's career, my career thought in its entirety. But my dad and my grandfather never got an opportunity to see that. That's what I wish. That's that's what all the things I wish they could. I wish they could have seen what my brother and I became.
Speaker 3: I'm glad. I'm glad Mama got the witness it. Grandma, I got to witness it.
Speaker 1: Ain't nothing like it on't yo. Hey.
Speaker 3: I remember my grandma was like Mommy, like mommy. I used to call my grandma mom. I said, Mommy, man, you don't want to come to the game. He'say chatty. She ain't never say chance say chatty.
Speaker 2: I can't. I can't take them. Them big boys hit you like that. I'm gonna watch it on TV. I can't. I can't sit in them stands. I can't.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna just, you know, palled a little bit. I'm gonna sit here and watch it on TV. But I'm proud of you. Yeah, I said, saw me in college one game. Yeah, so make sure you watch, make sure you pay attention. Mama when I scold I'm gonna do something crazy.
Speaker 1: Oh man, Hey, but my grandma say something. Run for your life. Don't let him catch you live. I told her to run for his life. Trust me. I'm trying to run for my life too, great because I know if they catch me to go do something bad to me. But yeah, that's gonna be. I mean, I am man, I'm super I'm I'm, I'm, I'm, I'm excited. I'm excited for my brother. I think I'm I think I'm more excited for him going in than than myself because of what he means to me. According to former Alabama quarterback Greg McElroy, a trusted source believe Saban is looking to return to coaching. Oh Joe, can you see Saban getting back into coaching?
Speaker 3: I could see Saban getting back into coaching if someone gave him the heads up or gave him the tea on them being or them getting ready to put a restriction on nil. Yeah no, no, no, no, so listen, sort of even the playing field because Nick Saban left the game of football with the understanding that there.
Speaker 1: Was no it was changing, the tides were changing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's different now. So unless you have.
Speaker 3: A special booster with a lot of money to be able to get you the players you you want to get, don't don't. I don't see and no statement coming back. So unless he knows something that we don't those it ahead of time, I could see. I can see him coming back because.
Speaker 2: Now it eaven is a playing field. It eats a playing field.
Speaker 3: Well, when you was getting all the players, it was an issue, but now the players are scattering all over the place where you're not getting all the talent.
Speaker 1: Chack is glitter on my face from the Kleenex when I go off camera. So that's what that is? What what glitter? I got glitter? I guess.
Speaker 2: Let me see. Well how the hell they see that? I don't see that.
Speaker 1: Oh huh.
Speaker 2: Huh, boy, Chack got some good eyes, man, I don't see no glitter.
Speaker 1: I guess he's coming back to the NFL. Could you see him coming back to the NFL?
Speaker 2: I thought you said college.
Speaker 1: I thought he was coming back to coach, and I was just asking, could you see him coming back to coach.
Speaker 2: NFL? Hell no college? Yes, I mean, but listen, nothing nothing to changed.
Speaker 1: And they're talking about putting the cap on it, because before he left there wasn't no cap on it. They talking about camp in it. You see some of these teams finished twenty twenty five thirty million dollars. What's the cap gonna be? You know, Oh Joe, you know they were gonna keep letting us make no money like that, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah? List It's gonna take some time though.
Speaker 1: Oh yo, Yeah, you know they were gonna keep letting us make money like that? Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I hear you, I hear you. Are he louder clip? Okay, I hear you louder clip? Are he loud in clip?
Speaker 1: But do you think he's still hunt? I mean, think about that. I believe he's the greatest college coach. I'm old enough to remember Coach Briant. Also at Alabama, he won six national championships. Coach Saman won six national championship. Jens Thalands won one in between, so they got thirteen that I know of. I don't know what they want. You know they won how many they won before coach Brian got there, but I know they do have thirteen. With that being said, and many believe that he's the greatest college coach. You throw coach Brian in there, Coach Budd Wilkinson, doctor Tom Osbourne, Frank Leahy. You think he's bothered by the lack of success that he had in the NFL.
Speaker 2: No, he shouldn't be.
Speaker 3: He shouldn't be bothered by the lack of assess because some people are successful in other areas.
Speaker 2: He's successful in college. Yeah, that's where he's successful at.
Speaker 3: And if you go, even if he does get the opportunity to coach getting in the NFL.
Speaker 2: You might run into the same problem because it's not guaranteed.
Speaker 1: More money now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and depending on.
Speaker 3: Where you go and wherever you do go, I hope you got a goddamn quarterback because if you don't have a quarterback, your stay is gonna be.
Speaker 2: Short once again. It's gonna be short once again. So if anything, I see saving maybe going back to college. But again he's coming right.
Speaker 3: Back to the same issues on why he left other teams outbidding you for players that you want to make you a better team.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the the play feel is even now. You gotta play and you got it, you got, you got, you gotta pay the play.
Speaker 1: You do you do. I think he's having an unbelievable time doing what he's doing. I mean, he's still close, close to the program. He's still recruiting for Alabama. His car dealerships are doing unbelievable speaking engagements. He's done a great job. He won an Emmy in his first year. Doing what he does, he's having you know, he's making great money. I don't really see him going back. I don't.
Speaker 2: It had to come from somewhere.
Speaker 1: Oh, I believe it.
Speaker 2: It had to come from somewhere.
Speaker 1: I mean, I mean yeah, I mean NFL. Where is he gonna go? What program? Can he go to? H LS? You go back to l s U or Brian Kelly? Don't start winning Texas. They got sarcked. They just signed Sart. Ryan Day is entrenched in Ohio state. Kirby is entrenched in Georgia. Where's he gonna go?
Speaker 3: Wait a minute, contract contractually, isn't his right still with Alabama or that?
Speaker 2: That's not how it works now he's done with the MM hmm.
Speaker 1: But he still has an office that Alabama. That's why I could, you know, potentially see him maybe going to the NFL. But I don't see him going back to college, right.
Speaker 2: Damn.
Speaker 1: But we'll never know. A we'll find out. We'll see mm hmm. CJ. Gardner Johnson cut his autograph session short after this girl said she was hungry and wanted to grab food. According to reports and a video that's circulating, CJ had a whole lot of kids waiting too, but they all but they got refunded.
Speaker 2: It must have been something else. Had to be something else. I get. I know my nephew. I know my nephew.
Speaker 3: Even if she was hungry, that there had to be a diary emergency. Because nothing comes before the money. Nothing comes before the money. So anytime you sign for anybody, that's like a payday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you know that, Like I said, maybe you know something we don't. I mean, we're just going by with the video.
Speaker 3: It's my first time hearing it. But I'm sure there was a diary emergency on because when it comes to making money, even something as small as signing.
Speaker 1: You paid the sign.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you we paid the sign. So if you had the up and leave in the middle of it. That's the emergency, I guarantee you.
Speaker 1: Well, I hope it was an emergency.
Speaker 2: It wasn't her saying Oh, I'm hungry, and that's that's not the reason we got a video.
Speaker 1: We'll catch you well, he said, she's hungry. That's what she's That's what he said in the video. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they don't want whatever personal business was going on, or whatever whatever emergency it might have been.
Speaker 1: But normally, look, you've done a bunch of deeds. I've done a bunch of deeds. I don't do as many as I once did. Is that you understand? Oh, yo, okay, I agree to sign three hundred things, but they might have five hundred, six hundred. I mean I had agreed to do a signing with four hundred, and I ended up signing a thousand. Whoa, But you know what that means, don't yoe? I got double the money time and a half the money that I was supposed to get. Yeah, you know, people like, oh, we don't know because you don't sign that often. Would you sign you know, this many helmets or this many Jersey's sure? Yes, but you understood. I mean, look, we've all you know, I don't know if you've done it. You know, take somebody with you and explain them, like, look, this could be an hour. This could be an hour, This could be an hour and a half. It could be two hours. This thing might be three hours according to how many items they have.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I do. I do those solo.
Speaker 1: Now pretty much have to o jo because you know, just sitting there watching you sign wht somebody pull the pull the jerseys, or pull the pitchers, or put pull the helvet, pull the football, the flats. That's not.
Speaker 3: Yeah, everybody. Everybody can't sit there through that, no matter of fact. I would just thinking about.
Speaker 1: The past.
Speaker 2: But two days.
Speaker 3: Memorabilia, Yeah, I hosted something on TikTok with where fans are watching and they purchased memorabilia. But you don't know what's in the box until you pay for it and open it. And then obviously you pull out the helmet, or you pull out the gloves, or you pull out a jersey, and it's player whoever may be, Tom Brady, Jamar Chase, stuff like that.
Speaker 2: I did it in the past two days, and it's such a joy. I have so much fun doing that.
Speaker 3: I got to the point where I was pulling people in jerseys and names like Eric Digginson and Bo Jackson. I started calling people just to make it even that much more fun because I got everybody's phone number. So I pulled a Ray Lewis helmet that somebody won, you know on TikTok that's watching.
Speaker 2: Watching the show, and I called Ray. I say, Ray, what's up, baby?
Speaker 3: We just pulled your helmet and just showing them, showing them the chatt I did Jamar Chase.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was just at autograph signing with Chase.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think it was the ape. Was it March? It might have been April? Yeah, it was March mm hmm or the beginning of April. Right, yeap oh joe. Titans quarterback Will Levis has elected to have season ending surgery on his right shoulder. The team announced Levis first off of the they see joint injury injury while diving for a first down against the Miami Dolphins on September thirtieth. Levis spent the off season training with personal quarterback coach Jordan Palmer. Shoulder injury didn't appear to be an issue regardless, cam Ward is now on the clock. It's his time now. Oh Joe, what are the Titans ceiling?
Speaker 2: Oh? The Titans ceiling? You know, I'm not sure. I know the Titans got Calvin Ridley.
Speaker 1: I know that.
Speaker 2: I know the Titans have cam Board. I know cam Ward turned that.
Speaker 3: University of Miami program around. Can cam Woard replicate and duplicate what cee J. Stroud did for the Texans? Can cam Ward come in there and replicate what Jaydon Daniels.
Speaker 1: Did for the Does he have the talent in Tennessee like they had in Washington or like they had in Texas? In Houston a Nico Collins, a Tank Dale.
Speaker 2: See gait Man, stay with me.
Speaker 1: Ce J.
Speaker 3: Stroud had Nico Collins, tank Dale and Ward and Tankdale.
Speaker 2: Cam Ward has Calvin Ridley from his player for Miami that he specifically asked for. He has Calvin Ridley. I'm not sure who the other receiver is on the other side.
Speaker 1: But trailing Burkes what they traded aj Brown away for and take number in the first route of Arkansas.
Speaker 3: But I think, I think, I'm hoping. I just want, I want him to be successful. Cam Board is the first number one pick in the history of me watching the NFL even when I was playing in after that wasn't talked about like other first round picks because all their tension and media coverage went to Shador Sanders. Ye, thing like James Waters right up under the radar the whole time, and he was a number one pick.
Speaker 1: The way they talk about Brinnie James, you thought he'd have been a number one pick. Yeah, it's the same thing. The wish your door and everybody forgotten like hold on, damn cam Ward went number one mm hm.
Speaker 2: So you know it's I'm excited for him. I'm hoping. I'm hoping. I'm hoping.
Speaker 3: I'm hoping because Tennessee needs a quarterback. Tennessee needs a quarterback. They need a quarterback for their franchise. That you know what, boom, we finally found one. Well you know, the last the last consistent quarterback that they had consistent.
Speaker 2: Okay, we got our guy and Maroon and Saiteve McNair or am I tripping?
Speaker 1: Well? V y was pretty good. You remember v y Vinjon Okay, wait, how long was Vince there? She probably about four years? He was Rookie of the Year. He won. They had the number one seed and they ended up getting beat.
Speaker 2: Why was it only four years? Huh?
Speaker 1: Out him and uh.
Speaker 2: The coach from the Rams they didn't get Yeah Fisher, Jeff Fisher. Yeah, okay, was he more than.
Speaker 1: The five years? Was he four or five years?
Speaker 2: Damn man, damn, just that's that's crazy. Vince was nice, boy. Yeah, Vince was nice.
Speaker 1: Because he was there with see two k Yeah, oh yeah, he was there five years. And remember the you know the story that you know he was suicidal and they'd have called the police. Nobody had heard from him, nobody has seen him. He just it was just a whole lot of mess.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh yeah, I remember. I don't remember that stuff.
Speaker 1: It was a whole lot of mess. But Cam, you're on the clock, bro, Good luck handy your betting player. Carley ers Gordon believes twenty three year old Anthony Richardson can still play well enough to justify the Coat's lofty expectations for him before the draft. Where he is in his career and the deal as a rookie, we still have time. He still has time to prove it bring a sense of urgency, and nothing brings the sense of urgency more than competition. But before Richardson can prove it, on the field. He has to prove it in training camp by beating out Daniel Jones and the Colts quarterback competition. Ar career completion percentage is just fifty point six percent percent. He has eleven touchdowns and thirteen interceptions.
Speaker 2: Listen, he has to prove it. And more than just on the field.
Speaker 1: It proved locker room.
Speaker 3: With more than just in the field, he has to prove it inside the building, showing the coaches that you're serious about wanting to.
Speaker 2: Be quarterback number one for this team.
Speaker 3: It ain't aboudy just doing it on the field, in the funeral room, being the first one to get there, being the last one to leave that building. You know, when it comes to everything else, just just he's always he's been injured a lot, right, so treatment, getting treatment, doing it, being on time, not missing those doing the extra work, staying after practice. There's so many different things. See, the president has already been set on what it takes to be a great quarterback with Peyton.
Speaker 1: Manning all of them. I mean the quarterbacks, Oh, Jo, they getting treatment, they got their playbook.
Speaker 3: Hey, you have to want it, you got to want it the same, the same want. Let's see, I'm sure he has a hobby. I'm not sure what his hobby is. But whatever that hobby may be, football got to come first. But the same joy and passion and love you have for that hobby, you got to pour it into football. You have to be that's gonna be there. Oh, it's gonna be there because the boy. Money that's gonna be made and can.
Speaker 2: Come from this, It come from this. You got you got to understand that.
Speaker 3: So I'm listen the rightness on the wall. He talk about nothing brings the best out of someone like competition. Well this is more than competition, because they just paid someone where it didn't work out and god damn New York and they just put somebody for one year with fourteen million. That's basically telling you your job is in jeopardy or they already renting the stone, that your job is already his, and no matter what.
Speaker 2: You do, you might not be able to beat them out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're right.
Speaker 2: And if you don't, if you don't want to starting job here in Indianapolis.
Speaker 1: Oh you're going after this year. If you don't want a starting.
Speaker 2: Job, that you you won't be a starter again.
Speaker 1: In general, well, you ain't gonna be no to start to ding if you don't beat Daniel Jones out, because it don't make no sense to keep you.
Speaker 3: And you look at it all, all the other thirty one teams, they're set at the quarterback position.
Speaker 2: They're set at the quarterback position.
Speaker 1: See the nine Never owe Joe, Yeah, no, I never hate.
Speaker 2: I hate saying that too.
Speaker 1: It's just the reality of it. They put a lot into you, They drafted you a lot on potential. Yeah, because it was never no, it was a sitution. It wasn't a situation where you were polished. Everybody knew you were a project. And then they said that going into the combine. But then as big as you are, as strong as you were, as fast as you ran, you shot up the draft board.
Speaker 2: You can you can't pass upon that. You just can't, especially the way scouts think. It's just the thing. We can't pass uprom that.
Speaker 1: But but he hasn't. The thing is old, Joe, and I get it. But he hasn't gotten any better. He was a project in high school, he was a project in college. He's a project now. He's like that church building fund. That thing ain't never been completed, and we still pouring more money into it and the Church Building Fund. And the building has never.
Speaker 2: Been complete, not the church building fund.
Speaker 1: You know in our community, we know everybody know about that building fund. And that's that building ain't complete yet, and they still taking up money every day for Sunday. That's Anthony Richardson, You're church building fund. He ain't complete yet. I don't know if he'll ever be complete. O joke.
Speaker 2: Right, I'm hoping. I'm hoping. He got all the resources, he got all the tools.
Speaker 1: Probably look at what he got an Indy.
Speaker 2: Got everything. You got everything you need.
Speaker 1: Down, uh, Piman Jr. Erict Piers. You got Jonathan Taylor, a very good offensive line.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, come on, bro, Yeah, I ain't.
Speaker 1: Got no slock. He don't got no slots skill players around him.
Speaker 2: Now, No, absolutely not, absolutely not.
Speaker 1: There ain't no excuse none I can see. O jo. He said, Well, he don't really have nothing around him. Come on, I mean he needs a bro right, Nobody in the right mind can say this man does not have talent around him at the skill position. You look at the wide receivers. He still has a top five running back in Jonathan Taylor. He has a solid offensive line. Ain't no reason for him to undachieve like he's been underchieved. Now, I get it, he's been hurt. But bro, if you get your opportunity, you better seize moment. Yeah, this might be your last chance and ended. Yeah, oh choe. A video circulating of KP Kelsey Plumb appearing to call like Caitlin Clark Clark at the w NBA All Star Weekend. Take a look at this video.
Speaker 4: M hm, that was a very powerful moment. We didn't, at least as players, we didn't know that that was going to happen. So I think it was kind of like a genuine surprise. But the T shirt just united front was determined this morning that we had a meeting for and uh, you know, not to not to tattle tale, but zero members of Team Clark were very present for that.
Speaker 1: But no, we were just uh, we we had a very uh I really needed to be mentioned.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to make a situation like okay, but but yeah, no, I think it was just all of us getting on the same page for the game. We wanted to do something that was just united and collective and thought that it was a very powerful moment and got the point across. And you know, sometimes you don't have to say anything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she tried to make light of the situation. Look, I like KP. She was great when she was here. I saw I saw them play last year out here in Vegas. Came like, whoa, whoa, whoa. Ain't nobody ask you that? No, no, don't do that. Don't do that? Would you think something or nothing? Nah?
Speaker 2: I ain't nothing, Okay, ain't nothing.
Speaker 1: But obviously you you know, anytime you mentioned CC's name, you already you you already know what to go to get good batter and different.
Speaker 2: Different, right. Yeah, but she did, she did the best she could to to make light of the situation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just like, you know, certain Lebron. You mentioned Lebron, you already know what's coming with that. Yeah, you know some people just a polarizing. Yeah, that's the term polarizing. And that's Caitlin Clark.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But uh hey, y'all have to play some d next year, though, y'all get led up, y'all get like the NBA. Ain't nobody coming to see No. One hundred and thirty ve AD points. They score like one thirty forty something. Yeah, come on now, now, the couple don't get like it don't get like the NBA. Now, no no no, no no no no no no not one f one no no no no, no, no no no. Come on, ladies, come on, y'all. You're starting to build a following one fifty one ain't gonna do it.
Speaker 2: Keep it, keep it exciting, and keep it keep it fun.
Speaker 1: Lebron thinks the NBA should give an Offensive Player of the Year award, similar to the NFL. I did think about how the NFL does Offensive Player of the Year in MVP. I thought that could possibly be something in our league where you give an Offensive Player of the Year and an MVP. It changes. It's like, okay, so it's the best offensive player, or maybe it's the player who had the best season with their team. Maybe if that's an offensive player of the year or just simply the best player of the league statistically, that was the best player in our league. Obviously you're not going to have someone whose team didn't come close to making the playoffs is not the most valuable. Then what you think on YOE, I mean.
Speaker 3: It's cool to acknowledge, you know, said individual or said player they had the six Man of the year.
Speaker 1: You got six Man of the year you got the scoring title. Damn how many wars y'all want to give?
Speaker 2: I think it's enough, but add one more to to.
Speaker 3: Pay harmins to someone that played well and on a winning team that might have failed short of winning a championship.
Speaker 1: Well, that's the MVP.
Speaker 2: It's not a bad it's not a bad thing.
Speaker 1: I mean, the NVP doesn't always win the championship, right, Sometimes they get not not early.
Speaker 2: That is true, That is true.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't I don't. I don't think we need to give out any more awards. I mean, you know now they getting, you know, defensive Lineman of the Year, they getting the offensive linean of the year that damn.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I do like that one though, for the offensive line and the defensive lineman.
Speaker 1: I don't think they got a defensive linement. I just made that up. I just made you I like.
Speaker 2: I think it might if I'm not mistaken, it might have been Dion Dawkin's idea.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but they do have an offensive line of the Year.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I like that though, But I mean, I don't know, but you think it. It's up in the air. I like it.
Speaker 3: It's cool, not necessary, but it's cool. He has on why But I think they have enough awards.
Speaker 2: Yeah, have done it a part.
Speaker 1: Right, I agree, I don't. I don't think that. I don't think the NBA needs a y'all get what you call them. Y'all get a Ladd Bird and a Magic Johnson Award for winning the conference. No play against that. NFL doesn't give out award for winning the conference. I think I think we said on the awards, let's not dilute the award by adding more. It diluted and it's different. A guard can win the m v P. A Cinic can win the m v P. I mean, you know in basketball forward for the most part, he's gonna build quarterback, right, go be a quarterback. Shaye won the m v P, Ya won the m v P. Embeid won the m v P. Johannis won the m v P. Why Seevey ain't winning no MVP. Tight, It ain't winning no MVP.
Speaker 2: You know how well you have to do to win the MVP at that position?
Speaker 1: You the offensive player of the year. Jerry's won a couple of those. Running back. I mean, now in today's game, it's it's virtually impossible unless unless you rush for two thousand yards and twenty seven touchdowns.
Speaker 2: Gotta be some astronomical, something extraordinary.
Speaker 1: Yes, because if a receiver has you got three receivers to have three thousand yards, your quarterback gonna have damn near five thousand and he's gonna have forty fifty touchdowns. So guess what he gonna win it?
Speaker 2: An the MVP.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So yeah, I think it's different. I think it's easier because look at in baseball, a catcher could win the MVP. A first basement, second basement outfielder. Hell, we're seeing pitchers win it. Yeah. Now, I don't think we're ever gonna see another defensive player win MVP unless he goes thirty sacks. Lebron also reportedly wants a farewell tour before retirement, but.
Speaker 3: It goes without saying he gonna get that anyway. Yeah, all the greats have gotten a farewell tour, but you.
Speaker 1: Got but you got to tell people that's gonna be your last year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's gonna get one, like Kareem.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Kareem told people. I think Bird got one. Then Bird, you know, I think they had rock and chair for Bird or something. But everybody, every look, that's reserved for the the few, the greats.
Speaker 3: He's gonna get one. He didn't have to mention wanting a fair ward, a farewell tour. He's gonna get that regardless based on what do you accomplish one.
Speaker 1: Wow. Yeah, but you know, because Michael Jordan didn't have one, so that means Lebron shouldn't want one, because everything anything Lebron. You know now they said, Michael Lebron on the golf court, Well, he only played golf. Calf Michael Jordan played like that bad. Can't have a highlight. You know, a lot of athletes they get into golf because this, you know, competitive They get an opportunity to get out there and compete with their buddies and drink and have a good time.
Speaker 3: And maybe, if I if I'm not mistaken, golf the golf courses where business deals get done, a lot of them coming when it comes to business. You know, Lebron is one of the savviest areas in the world at it. So yeah, him using golf as a way to conduct business instead of being in a cold meeting room.
Speaker 2: So be it. Mm hm.
Speaker 1: CP three is re signing with the Clippers. Oh shoe. Social media was quick to point out the team's ages Kawhi it's thirty four. James Harden is thirty six, Bradley Bill is thirty two. CP three it's forty Brook, it's thirty seven, but two it's thirty seven.
Speaker 2: Damn Oh like varsity varsity team.
Speaker 1: Yay. They they season?
Speaker 2: Yeah they yeah, they season. And that's a good and a bad thing.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: That's a that's a good and a bad thing.
Speaker 1: I like.
Speaker 2: I like to see CP three.
Speaker 1: Everything is predicated on Kawhi ka Why is healthy. They'll be there at the end. I mean, if he's not, they're not doing anything.
Speaker 2: God damn, b Hey, they got a nice squad too.
Speaker 3: I'm just looking at the names. It's one thing, you know how that that that can trick you when you have the names. But how do they play as a unit? How do they play as a unit?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: But I said, but they got They got a forty year old to thirty seven year old and a thirty six year old.
Speaker 2: It's a lot of basketball.
Speaker 1: M It's predicated on Kawhi needs. Kawhi needs can hold up. They got a chance to be there at the end. Do I think they're better than Do I think they're better than the Thunder?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Do I think they're better than the Nuggets. No, especially with now they got Cam Johnson in there and Michael Porter Junior is elsewhere. No, I don't. I'm not sure they're better than the Lakers. Are we sure? Are we sure they better than Lakers? I'm not. I mean Rockets. I want to see the Rockets. Look, I think the Rockets is gonna be really good. I'm anxious to see kd And and Thompson and Van Fleet and Shingoon. I'm anxious to see those guys. Dallas would be serious if Kyrie was back. But I don't think Kyrie's gonna play this year. I really don't. I don't think Kyri's play until the twenty six twenty seventh seasons. And I don't blame it.
Speaker 2: Don't come back.
Speaker 1: After years of house rude debates, UNO has officially confirmed, Yes, you can end the game with a power card. Whether it's a skip, reverse draw two or even wild draw four, it is a legal final move. Next player still has to draw, but the game ends immediately.
Speaker 3: Well, that's that's that happens always only if the card that's that's that's laid down is the same color.
Speaker 2: That's always been.
Speaker 1: But they said it couldn't be a power card, which is a scaled reverse draw to or anything else.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it can if the color matches that's laid down beforehand. So the person that goes before me, let's say that they throw down a two and the two is blue, and I have a blue.
Speaker 2: Draw for, I mean not yeah, draw for.
Speaker 1: It's not blue. It's a wild color. So it has to be a draw too to be the color or a wild draw four.
Speaker 2: You can in the game like that. You've always been able to do that, and I can tell you.
Speaker 1: But you know, y'all been changing the rules because sometimes y'all say, no, you can't end on the power card.
Speaker 2: I play.
Speaker 3: I play, I play old school. I play old school rules. And if I'm not mistaken, you know, we'll be in casinos starting and.
Speaker 1: Non say, that wasn't that was not the case. Somebody made that bull job up for your cool. It's social. Oh Joe, you ain't gonna be able to play for no money.
Speaker 2: But that wasn't real.
Speaker 1: No, oh hell no, oh Joe. We had some sad news today. Malcolm Joe Walk Malcolm Jamal Warner, who played theo Huxtable, reportedly died of an accidental drowning. He was fifty four years of age. He leaves behind a wife and a daughter. The Cosby Show one of the most popular shows in sitcom history television history. He was the son, actually he was the only son of the Cliff Huxtable who was paid by Bill Cosby. And the wife was Felicia Rischad Claire, I think her name was Claire Huxtable. Malcolm Jamal Warner gone at the age of fifty four, leaves behind a wife and a daughter. I thought some prayers go out to him and his family and all those impacted by this. Rest easy rest, easy bro well life man stickle ain't no promises.
Speaker 2: It doesn't. It doesn't hit you too most of the time.
Speaker 3: You know, you see these deaths of actors and actresses and people that you've watched growing up, and you get sad about it, and then you move on and life and how fickle it is.
Speaker 2: It doesn't. It's really doesn't hit home until it's somebody that's close to you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it doesn't hit home like it does unless it's somebody close to you and understanding it.
Speaker 2: You never know when your expiration date is. You just never know. So you always own.
Speaker 1: That's not and that's not by accident. Yeah, because I see you prepare, you get right. If you knew you had a day, if you had a month, if you had a year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just I need more people need to be able to enjoy, enjoy your enjoy yourself, enjoy your life. Stop worrying about the things you can't control. Just live each day, like you said last, because you just never know.
Speaker 1: It's the one appointment, O, Yo, you can't reschedule. What reschedule? If you got to show up at eight thirty A thirty it is, Yeah, if it's on a Wednesday, I can't say, Hey can I can? I? Can I make it for Thursday? Can I make it for the following week?
Speaker 2: The one point of one? Oh I love that man, The one appointment you can't reschedule?
Speaker 1: All right, O Joe, We're gonna get out of here on this. It's time for our final segment of the evening. It's time for Q and A.
Speaker 2: Oh man, damn. I said, hey, you've been to Austin before, Austin, Texas. That's why I'm at right now. Yeah, you've been here before. I have.
Speaker 1: I was there when't we there for the iHeart Wards Jordan. Yeah, Austin. Yeah, we went to our two years ago, we went to the iHeart Awards.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, okay, Yeah, I got it.
Speaker 1: It was February, was it? Yeah? It was February twenty four, a year and a half. You said, you want to be specific. It was last year. Yeah, eighteen months ago, all right, Jack, two thousand and seven. Uh. They hosting the USTA Track and Field Junior Olympics at your alma modas, Savannah State, twenty first through the twenty seventh this weekend, shoot down here and bless the kids. Unfortunately, Bro, I ain't gonna be able to do that. A cop Satday Saturday said, sorry, Uh, I got oover the first round, ko man, Oh Jo ain't got no legs, man, he ain't got no power.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Versa Mason beautiful performance the other night, Secure Masterclass, Stay Healthy, Focus champ, and ain't nobody beating you? O Cho spoke about that had how cha court looked extremely extremely impressive. John Doe said, when you're gonna sit down with ray Lewis, o Jo, who is your NBA goat.
Speaker 3: My NBA goat? Yeah, boy, that's a good question. I'm I like I like Kobe, man, I love I love you like I love Lebron, But I love Kobe. His approach to nass, willingness to just.
Speaker 2: Cull you.
Speaker 3: He wasn't friendly with nobody at all, his approach. You know what, the remind me, Kobe, remind me of that and chat stay with me real quick with the comparison. I'm not seeing this individual is the equivalent of Kobe in football, but his his mindset and willingness to want to kill you and his way of playing Steve's miss Senior.
Speaker 2: You get where I'm going with that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like he really just like, yeah, he hated everybody. Yep.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so Kobe the way he played is like he hated everybody, and it just I'm not comparing them.
Speaker 1: In no, but I get what you're saying. The mindset. Yeah, I don't know. Maybe one day it happens. I'm not sure. Oakley sixty three Tall night Capture signed Max Kellerman. Well what I'm glad y'all think we got buddy like that over here? We don't. That concludes this episode of Nightcap. We want to thank each and every one of you for tuning in and joining us again for another episode of Nightcap. Y'all know me. I'm your favorite on Shanna Sharp, my partner and co hosts Liberty City's own Bengo Ring of Fame Honoree Pro Bowler All Pro. That's Chad Ocho Cinko Johnson. Please make sure you hit that subscribe button. Please make sure you hit that light button, and guys, go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcast from. We want to thank each and every one of you for your support and your continue support because thanks to you. You see what's in the backdrop, that's because of you, and because of that we get to do what we do on a nightly basis. So thank you, very very very much. Please make sure you check out Shave by Laportier. We have it in stock and if you can't find it any city or state near you or it online, we'll ship it directly to your door. Best believe we're coming to a city or state near you, but if you can't find it in the meantime, ordered online will ship it directly to your door. The best tasting VSLP Premium Cognact on the market. Don't take my word for it, try it for yourself. I promise you. You will not be disappointed. Make sure you check out my media company on all of its platforms, Shayshaped Media and my clothing company eighty four, with eighty four being spelled out the link it's pinned in the chat. Supplies are limited and once they're gone, they're gone, so please grab yours while supplies last. Thank you again for joining us. We'll see you on Wednesday night. Enjoy the rest of your evening. I'm uk, he's o yo. We're out night