Speaker 1: It's Brook and Jeffrey in the morning and you have found the Second Date podcast and today we're going to do a blind Love Is. If you haven't ever heard this, it's just fully a ripoff off the Netflix dating show. Yeah, yeah, but it's where two listeners who were supposed to be on the show at some point it just didn't work out, and are looking for love.
Speaker 2: We decided to play.
Speaker 1: Matchmaker, so yeah, some reason, Yeah, for some reason. And alexis before we get to it, what comments are you seeing?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I saw one from Natalie who said I went on back to back dates during my weekend off four dates in three days, and I was hoping i'd get a call for the second date updates. It was the messiest thing I've ever done, and I loved it. I also met my current boyfriend on date three and we've been together ever since.
Speaker 2: So a second date wouldn't have worked for you, and you left the boyfriend and you're disappointment. No one, All right, Blind Love Is starts right now?
Speaker 4: Ask yourself how far are you willing to go to make true love happen in your life? That's a big question. Would you be willing to change your name to something sexy chaziartin.
Speaker 2: Ready to work on that sexy part.
Speaker 4: I work on that. Would you be willing to travel back in time to your mom's high school prom and ask her best friend to the big dance?
Speaker 2: Wait, her best friend that's still grows?
Speaker 4: I would and have what joff it is right that night? Would you flirt with a person that you've never met before and have that entire conversation broadcast live to millions of people around the country.
Speaker 1: Why does that sound so much better than the other two things, Well, we have.
Speaker 4: Two listeners on the phone right now that said yes to that question, and we've given them two new prompts to make sure the convo gets extra spicy. So you're gonna hear it when they meet for the very first time and decide if there is a blossoming romance and a blind love is it's coming up next. We have a general rule in radio that when Netflix goes low, we go even lower.
Speaker 2: That's right, we will limbo, We'll.
Speaker 4: Dig underneath the limbo, what tunnel below it? That's why when Netflix came out with the dating show Love Is Blind, we did our own lower budget version called Blind Love Is where two people who've never met before and obviously can't see each other. Meet over our phone lines for the very first time to chat and see if they have a true love connection. Hopefully no family connections.
Speaker 2: Again lower.
Speaker 4: For that one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, make some headlines, but you know, we do.
Speaker 4: Have two listeners on the line right now to play the game. Their names are Jason and jess They've both reached out to us separately. Jason requested a second date we couldn't do for him, and Jessica was actually on an awkward Tuesday with us a while back. She was the replaced bridesmaid at someone's wedding. They kicked her out.
Speaker 2: Oh that's right. Yeah, she was.
Speaker 3: Happy about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it was like the mother in law was terrible or something.
Speaker 4: But they both agreed to be back on for this segment. So just like last time, we've encouraged them instead of just small talking for five ten minutes, to try and be a little creative and fun with their questions. So they both come prepared just like entertain us while you're getting to know it.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's no different than what the dating apps use, right, they use trumps and different things.
Speaker 2: There's not thousands and thousands of people listening in and we'll.
Speaker 4: Usually just talk about like your job and whatever for like twenty minutes. Go another show for that. But remember we need quiet in this room. And I know that's difficult for this group, but we just have to sit back, listen to them talk, and then we'll discuss afterwards and find out if blind truly love is.
Speaker 1: I know already we have such a connection to Jennifer because she's been on the show.
Speaker 4: It's Jessica bro, so we don't have strong of a connection as we thought.
Speaker 2: Sorry with the eighties general names, but yeah, I love Yeah.
Speaker 4: Sorry here mouth shut on this end. Jason, you're officially punched up. Go ahead, say hi to Jessica. We're gonna back away.
Speaker 5: Hey Jessica, Hey Jason, what up?
Speaker 6: Uh? Real quick? Before we start, I promised. I promised my mom I would say high over the radio because she listens to the station all the time.
Speaker 5: Oh that's so cute.
Speaker 6: Oh god, Hey hey mom, I'm here. I'm here.
Speaker 1: Mom.
Speaker 5: Don't worry, I'll be gentle.
Speaker 6: Oh okay, okay, but let's let's keep it PG rated.
Speaker 5: Uh yeah, what do you think I was going to say? We're on the radio, Jason, Yeah, yeah, Okay, So should I ask the first question?
Speaker 6: Yeah? Do it?
Speaker 5: Okay, So what is your ultimate guilty pleasure?
Speaker 4: Good one?
Speaker 6: Oh, it's not too pg with my mom listening, I don't really want to talk about what gives me pleasure.
Speaker 5: No, oh my god, Jason, No, you're guilty pleasure, not like your pleasure pleasure's.
Speaker 6: Pretty guilty about it. I just don't I don't need I don't want to tell my mom.
Speaker 5: Okay. So, like a guilty pleasure could be binge eating ice cream while watching reality TV shows.
Speaker 6: Oh, guilty pleasure? Yeah sure, yeah, yes, my head's in the gutter.
Speaker 5: Sorry, I see that to be, but not right now.
Speaker 6: Well, okay, sometimes I can stay in a shower for a long time, like I could do a two hours.
Speaker 5: Two hours.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's kind of an issue for the water built.
Speaker 5: Dang, Jason, how much scrubbing do you have to do? Red flag? And I'm just kidding.
Speaker 6: I'm just kidding. Okay, what about you? What's your guilty pleasure?
Speaker 5: All right? My guilty pleasure is okay, don't judge me. I kind of like to spy on my neighbors. I know I shouldn't, but like there's such a qwo old couple and they just do regular stuff like watch TV. And I don't know, it's fascinating to me and I don't know. Maybe if things work out, you can come check out my telescope.
Speaker 6: Wow, it's kind of cute and creepy.
Speaker 5: I agree, I'm not you know, I agree.
Speaker 6: Okay, I have a question for you.
Speaker 4: All right, we only have one minute left, so make sure it's quick.
Speaker 6: Guys. Okay, okay, if you could have any superpower but only for like boring, mundane tasks, what would it.
Speaker 5: Be a mundane superpower? Okay, I got it. I got it. As I could snap my fingers and make coffee, Sam.
Speaker 6: That would be it.
Speaker 5: Oh wow, I love coffee. It's been way too much time drinking it. So if I could snap and get a coffee, that'd be it.
Speaker 6: That's pretty good. You know you can make coffee at home. Let's just have it on standby.
Speaker 5: Faster than the hearing. Okay, okay, sure, Hey, what's your sorry about me?
Speaker 6: What's your power of speech? That's what I would like, power of speech. I love tongue twisters, and if I could say any tongue twister without problem, I would be god.
Speaker 5: I would go like you know, a solid tongue could definitely come in handy.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, okay, let's put them.
Speaker 2: On holdway, hey, Sally having fun.
Speaker 4: For the sake of Jason's mother, who is listening to this right now, Let's let's take them down perfectly. So uh okay, I like, what did we think about Jason and Jessica as a couple?
Speaker 1: JS a couple, Jason's a little slow to get some things.
Speaker 4: I mean, you can judge Jason by himself, but I'm not asking about him. I'm I'm asking them as a couple together doing seem like a good fit.
Speaker 2: I'm worried that she'll run him over because of that bat you know what I mean, like a gust women doing that. I just don't know he can keep up.
Speaker 4: Okay, what do you think jose the couple because opposites of tract I'm assuming Alexis ships them already.
Speaker 2: I like them, she likes everybody.
Speaker 4: So always we always like to leave this up to the texts at seven, eight, five, nine two tell us do you want to hear more from Jason and Jessica or we could dump them for a brand new couple. So type love yay for yes or love ney for no, why can't.
Speaker 2: We just say yes or no?
Speaker 4: Don't do it the way A y is fine? Okay, forget it to make this in my head. But look, if Jason and Jessica make it to the next segment, I have a game ready for them to play to truly test their connection and find out if blind love really is.
Speaker 2: Oh, you're teasing us. I want to yes that we're gonna do it.
Speaker 6: Yay.
Speaker 4: Hold on. We're in the middle of another steamy edition of Blind Love is the knockoff radio version of the show Love Is Blind from Netflix, and Jessica and Jason have just met and flirted over the phone. The listeners have been texting into seven eight, five, nine to two on whether they want this to continue. Sixty three percent say they want to hear more.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean it could have been the thing where people just misspelled nay and didn't know how to do it, But.
Speaker 2: No one talks that way. Jeff two for.
Speaker 4: No, I aspire to a smarter, fancier culture for us here.
Speaker 2: You're in the wrong industry, then, I guess, so how many times you have to tell you that?
Speaker 4: I can tell you. We did get a lot of yea's and also a lot of listeners wanting to say hi to Jason's mom who is listening to the segment right now. But I thought we should also have a game to really put these two to the love test.
Speaker 2: Let's let's go. What's the game?
Speaker 4: So we googled potential fun games to play on a first date with someone and pictionary came up.
Speaker 2: That's not gonna work well here, This tough on.
Speaker 4: The radio to pull it off. Also, Spin the Bottle was an option show, but we know Brooke would have grabbed the bottle every time and pointed it straight at herself, So instead we landed on the game Two Truths and a Lie.
Speaker 2: We played this as a show.
Speaker 4: It's simple and it's fun. You tell three statements about yourself, two of them are true, ones made up, and the other person has to guess which one the lie is.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Now, both Jessica and Jason have worked with our producer ahead of time to come up with these so they'd be ready to go. And I'm gonna be involved in this a little bit just to help run the game. But I'm gonna ask my co host to please try and keep your contributions to a minimum.
Speaker 2: If you could only see my eye roll on the radio.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: No, I'm excited. This is about Jason. Ji.
Speaker 4: We're gonna start things off with Jason today. So Jason, go ahead. Give Jessica two truths and a lie.
Speaker 6: Okay. I once mistook a cactus for a plush toy and hubbed it.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 6: Okay. After losing a fantasy football bet, I had to make out with the guy that was in first place, so the champion.
Speaker 1: Maybe I do want to play fantasy football.
Speaker 5: Seculation. Seculation.
Speaker 2: She's not totally believing that one, I think.
Speaker 6: Okay. I once tried to impress a date that I was on and thought I would impress her by doing karate moves and accidentally knocked over our waiter.
Speaker 5: Oh wow, that's some action right there that you were not expecting on a date.
Speaker 4: All right, So we have the three options for you there, Jessica. Which one is the lie?
Speaker 5: You know? I don't believe number two.
Speaker 4: You don't think that the fantasy football bet where he had to kiss the guy that was in first place.
Speaker 5: He didn't say kiss, he said made out.
Speaker 2: Okay, make out didn't very different.
Speaker 4: Okay, she thinks you're lying about that one, Jason, which one was the lie?
Speaker 6: The lie was I mistook a cactus for a plush.
Speaker 4: Other lie was the lie not? Come on, you really made out with your fantasy football buddy.
Speaker 6: I kissed him once. I don't know why, I said makeout.
Speaker 2: Not very good If you only did it once?
Speaker 4: Where were your hands?
Speaker 2: Is this why we call it fantasy? Is that why.
Speaker 5: For history?
Speaker 4: Okay, we've learned some interesting things about Jason. Jessica's your turn. Give Jason your two truths and a lie.
Speaker 5: Okay, Well, I auditioned for reality TV show once by kissing a cardboard shutout of Ryan Reynolds.
Speaker 6: Okay, Okay.
Speaker 5: One Valentine's Day, I sent myself flowers, chocolates and a love letter in the mail to my house.
Speaker 6: That's kind of kind of sad.
Speaker 3: Defensively, you said.
Speaker 5: That is self love. Okay. So one morning, going to work on a city bus, I, for a lack of a better word, messed myself. And not only did I mess myself, but I still went to the office.
Speaker 4: Without changing I done that without telling us a couple of times.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, you drinking enough water. Nobody noticed it.
Speaker 4: She has black pants. I can be able to the whole things we okay, Well there you go. Jason. You have your three statements? Which one of those is a lie? Do you think? Do you want to be a lie?
Speaker 6: I think the lie is the Valentine's Day?
Speaker 4: You don't think it's true that she sent herself flowers, chocolate's and a love letter on the mail?
Speaker 6: I think that she has the most beautiful voice I've ever heard, and I can't imagine a Valentine's Day that she's alone.
Speaker 5: Wow, but was.
Speaker 4: Going which one was a lie? Jessica?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 5: Well, Jason, the why was that? I never made out or kissed a cardboard cutout of Ryan Reynolds?
Speaker 6: Sadly, you have.
Speaker 4: Such a personality I could see you auditioning for a reality job at MFECT. But let's go around the room really quick. What do we think about Jason and Jessica as a couple. Do we want to see them together? Alexis go?
Speaker 3: I mean I think they should go on a date date like a real one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, meet in person? Yeah, I'm for sure.
Speaker 1: I mean, if they're willing to share that embarrassing stuff with each other, it's a good foundation.
Speaker 4: How much worse could it get?
Speaker 6: From you?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Actually I thought they were really fun, really fun. They're fun place.
Speaker 4: I mean, it doesn't sound like it's crazy love, but I think they definitely need to go out one time and see what happened. Okay, well you know where my thumbs are on this one. I can't see that all league, Jason Jessica, what do you guys think you guys up for going out?
Speaker 2: We'll pay for it, I would love to Jessica.
Speaker 1: I.
Speaker 5: Am down.
Speaker 2: Look at that update us after you meet in person?
Speaker 4: We found out truly blind love, is it not? Yeah?
Speaker 6: Well for the date.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll pay for the date. You don't get any more money after that, though. This isn't a real reality show.
Speaker 4: Karate Chap anymore Waiters while You're.
Speaker 2: Broken Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 1: Okay, so that was a classic. We actually did that quite a while ago. My love is if you didn't realize classics are you know? Stuff from the vault and that's okay, that's okay. But we got an update from the couple.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you know this well, it's actually just from Jessica.
Speaker 1: She emailed the show and she said that she and Jason did end up meeting up.
Speaker 2: Okay really, but they did it.
Speaker 1: With friends because they didn't want a lot of pressure, which makes sense better. So she brought her roommate and Jason, according to this email, brought his mom.
Speaker 2: No he didn't. No, he shouldn't even be surprize. No, you and this.
Speaker 3: Is our first time seeing each other in person, like every Yeah, and.
Speaker 1: So she continue saying she and Jason didn't really have a connection in real life, but she ended up totally vibing with his mom and apparently Jessica is now playing pickleball with her once a month and it's been awesome.
Speaker 3: Ah, that's kind of cute, but that's so weird.
Speaker 2: I like it so funny. All Right, we're friendship being you and his mom love her more than him. Got it worked out?
Speaker 1: Yeah, totally totally there it is and thanks for being here.
Speaker 2: It's bricking Jeffrey in the morning.