Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center.
Speaker 2: Jack Armstrong, Joe, Katty arm Strong, and Gatty.
Speaker 3: I know he.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Yetty, you gotta remember this. He got off easy. I think we both know.
Speaker 4: If I was in the race, I want to beat you.
Speaker 2: Like a drum.
Speaker 4: Joe.
Speaker 5: That's one of the craziest things I've ever heard anyone say. And for that reason, I'd like to offer you a position in my cabinet.
Speaker 4: No can, dude, Jack, you need to make take a little time off from his place.
Speaker 2: What do you think you'll do next, Joe? Will you retire? I'll do what every worn down old guy does. I'm gonna fight chick Paul.
Speaker 1: That was pretty good cold open, I thought I thought that was pretty funny.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're discussing off the air, Like everywhere we went, everybody's talking about that fight.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, kids, old women, no matter who I came in contact with, people were talking about the.
Speaker 2: Mike captured America's imagination. Jack, it did. Why do you think that was really?
Speaker 1: And it's interesting Mike Tyson, who was a villain ish at least in his prime. I mean, he needed to go to prison for rape and uh, big guy's ear off and all that sort of stuff. He'd been arrested. He'd been arrested in a thirty good list already thirty five times by the time he was sixteen or something like that. And he had a rough life. But now he needs to get a grill going, like George Foreman. He needs to have some sort of thing to cook hot dogs or something, because he seems to be somewhat beloved for whatever reason.
Speaker 2: Yeah, kind of the snoop dogg syndrome. I gassy. Yeah, he's got to find an alternative to get a hit in the head for a way to make money. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Man, he got punched in the face several times and after words and they ask him if you fight again? I thought surely he would say no way, because he looked to me like when he sat down after that first round, the look on his face to me was this was a terrible idea. I don't know what I was thinking. He was so tired. Uh, even after the first two minutes, he was just shot. And I don't care if you're Mike Tyson.
Speaker 2: Getting hit in the head is different at age sixty than it was at age twenty five. That's an interesting point. It's funny.
Speaker 1: I hadn't even thought about that because, like when I fall off my kids skateboard or whatever, the way it rocks your world versus you know, falling off your bike when you're younger, it's completely different. I don't know if the like juice that keeps your brain safe gets.
Speaker 2: Staff for what happens. But your brain juice tries, Now that's exactly what everyone knows. That's what happens. Your brain juice to just coragulates. It just doesn't work the same way. I grew up playing hockey, played in college and stuff like that. Not college hockey, but I was playing club hockey in college, and and you know, you get bonked in the head and falling the ice whatever. I was skating, and this was probably fifteen years ago, gladys, and I was doing some of the fancier skating stuff you do as a hockey player, you know, changing direction, going for forward to backward and back again real fast. And I got my skates tied up and I fell and bonked my head mediumsh hard on the ice. And that was my first reaction. Oh my god, that was different. Yeah, yeah, so yeah, anyway, getting slugged in the head can't have been enjoyable. Has Tyson never done a one man show? I don't. Yeah, he did have an idea of that.
Speaker 1: He had a Tyson show for a while, think of Vegas.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, he he had four hundred million dollars at the peak of his career. He threw a combination of being stolen from which is the history of boxing, and really bad life decisions. He ended up twenty some million dollars in debt, which he's climbed out of, and he had a big payday the other night, somewhere between twenty and forty million dollars. So I'd get punched in the head quite a few. I mean, if you could get anywhere close to that kind of money for one more head punch, and I would do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, but he looked he did. He was not competitive in any way whatsoever. Yeah. Well, I hesitate to give it any more time or attention. But I think the reason it was so compelling is you got the question of Ken a incredibly tough, strong, capable boxer, still show some of that as he ages, because we all want to not age, and so you've got that, like very basic human instinct. Then you got a guy and Jake Paul really needs to get punched in the face.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, love to see him get punched in the face more. Unfortunately, Tyson landed seventeen total punches.
Speaker 2: By whomever in whatever setting just so he gets punched. So yeah, interesting.
Speaker 1: Oh when Jake Paul came riding out in that car with his brother whatever where his brother's name is, who made the prime energy drink, the crack dealer that got every kid hooked on that horrible drink?
Speaker 2: Just he couldn't hate those two more.
Speaker 1: Oh, anyway, speaking to people to hate, some of you hate Matt Gates, some of you love Matt Gates as the new Attorney General. As from what I can tell from social media, speaker Johnson, who does not want the Ethics Committee report to be released, was supposed to come out last Friday. Matt Gates resigned on Wednesday just a coincidence and doesn't want some import release because he thinks it would be a bad President had this to say about Matt Gates yesterday.
Speaker 6: Matt Gates is a colleague of mine. We've been serving together for more than eight years. He's one of the brightest minds in Washington or anywhere for that matter, and he knows everything about how the Department of Justice has been weaponized and misused, and he will be a reformer. And I think that's why the establishment in Washington is so shaken up about this pick.
Speaker 1: Maybe at least three Republican senators that I've seen, I don't know how many on the record, but at least three Republican senators I've seen said they want that House Ethics Committee report to be part of the hearing. They want to see it, even if it is not made public reporting over the weekend. So the whole thing is not leaked out yet. I thought it would leak out Friday, but it has not yet. But little nuggets have leaked out, like they did talk to a girl who testified to the House Committee that she saw Matt Gates have sex with an underage girl and then some other girl who may have been of age, but he had sex with two different women at that party who were like seventeen and nineteen. So I mean that's a certain lifestyle right there. Sex with two different girls in one night at a party, both of them barely teenagers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean they're still teenagers. But yeah, to the House Ethics Committee question, Johnson went on to say, look, we don't put out reports on private citizens who are not members of Congress. So no, we're not going to put that out. It's justifiable. Right. On the other hand, it's been pointed out that if you're going for ag the investigation into you, the what's the background term background check? Right, Yeah, of course is incredibly rigorous. It should be. Yeah, absolutely, as it should be. But Johnson's strategy there in which he recognizes, all right, this is an incredibly bright guy who the quote was he knows how the Justice Department has been weaponized that may or may not be true. That was respectful to Donald Jay's selection of the guy, and then let's let the process continue, he says, knowing that the senators, who jealously guard the powers of the Senate as Congress ought to start going, is going to vet the guy good and thoroughly. So there's no reason for Johnson to say, I don't know, it seems like kind of a perv to me. I want him to stay away from my wife. There's no need for that. The Senate will do the tough work, but be respectful to Trump.
Speaker 1: Well after bouncing around a fair amount of magas social media over the weekend. I see that many of you believe all this stuff about I him and sex with a teenage girl is just the deep State doing what they do with fake news and bringing people down.
Speaker 2: So that's not going to have any effect on you. This report and the deep State forced him to go on the House of Floor and show videos of girls he'd coupled with to colleagues who didn't want to see them.
Speaker 1: Well, I guess you'd believe Mullen is part of the deep State, I guess.
Speaker 2: Said Mullen. Yeah, yeah, okay, all right, ran into some folks who were of that mind over the weekend, super supportive of all the picks. All the tick. Was very little gentle bit of pushback in some cases because you get bubbled. I mean, for instance, the whole Rick Scott should be the leader of the Senate, not John Thune. John Thune is a Rhino, which I still think is a really odd accusation because he's like a complete central casting Republican. He's exactly what a Republican has been for twenty five years. Trump is not, so to call Thune a Republican in name only, is that. I get what you're trying to say, but it's an odd epithet to hit him with. But it was pointed out that Thune voted in a favor or with Trump a significantly higher percentage of the time than Rick Scott did both was an overwhelming majority of the time. But and you know, the people I talked to had no idea of that, So I don't know. We are interesting times.
Speaker 1: We have a result in the Pennsylvania Senate race. It took till now for them to finally count all the voids votes. Man, this is a close race. Thank god the presidential election didn't go down the way a lot of people were predicting it would, where it would come down to Pennsylvania or we would be finding out today. Well, no, we wouldn't because it would be way more lawsuits. We would still be in the midst of lawsuits and all kinds of claims of vote voter fraud and everything else.
Speaker 2: Because it was so close.
Speaker 1: But they've called it for the Republican McCormick over the Democrat Casey who ran ads about how friendly he was with Trump to try to win. But forty eight point eight percent to forty eight point six percent.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's a close race. Doesn't that trigger an automatical recall or not recount? I don't know.
Speaker 1: The automatic rec is a very tiny amount of percentage in money, So I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know. We'll see. I'm glad.
Speaker 1: I'm glad the presidential race didn't go down like that. We would be living in a different world right now.
Speaker 2: So oh yeah, oh oh, it'd be horrible, absolutely horrible. We really dodged yet another bullet. So speaking of the election, putting the results aside, one of the things that made me really really happy is the trend is absolutely clear. It's much less and less about race because racial politics balkanization. You want to end up like Lebanon for instance. Oh, it's the worst thing. Uh, It's it's about class now in a way that's really interesting. Some of the statistics about the why the working class is saying the Democrats, Yeah, we tried you, we want something different. We'll have for you in a moment. Yeah, that's interesting.
Speaker 1: Realignment, something to watch, stay with us.
Speaker 3: Machel has apologized after mistakingly printing the web address of a porn site on the packaging of its new Wicked Dolls. It was actually a simple mistake. You see, the box was supposed to read wickedmovie dot com, but instead they printed choke me, Jeff Goldlin.
Speaker 2: It's a mistake. That's a nod.
Speaker 1: So ODSSA Friday night, Are we gonna get our Elon Musk Zuckerberg fight? Seems like that'd be the next good Netflix. Everybody gather around as kind of a national Friday night thing, watch a couple of billionaires beat each other up.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think Elon's a little busy reigning in the federal government at this point, no kidding, two point three million employees. I would love to follow him around.
Speaker 1: So he seems to be constantly working on his rocket company.
Speaker 2: He's got twelve kids. I don't know if that plays a role in his life at all. I give the idea not a huge one.
Speaker 1: He's on Twitter constantly also, and then he's at the fight with Trump and then mar A Lago for days and I just can't even imagine.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, well, he famously his mind never slows down. He's made it clear this would make most people crazy, and I think it has made him a little crazy. But anyway, so the big change in the election that we'll be talked about for years and years is not just the winners and losers, but the fact that Black American Hispanic America moved significantly rightward. I mean, the Democrats still get the majority of the black vote, for instance, but it's changing, and it's changing pretty quickly. And you know, it's easy for us and people like us to forget that. Most people don't think about politics that much. I've been yelling for Black America to reconsider this unholy alliance with the Democratic Party, which is just exploited the black vote, assumed the black vote, and giving you nothing but empty promises and government dependents for decades and decades. Now it appears that, I don't know, perhaps people are starting to connect elections with policy with outcomes in a way that you know is too slow for me, but I get it. And the journal with the Wall Street Journal was some pretty interesting analysis of the fact that it's now about class and not race. If you're working class, you are swinging way towards the Republicans and it doesn't matter what, Hugh your skin is. Thank god, I'm so happy about that. And not just because it's Republican. I mean it could be Democrat too. Let's just not have like hugely important racial politics in this country.
Speaker 1: Please, for a number of reasons, including I think you're much more likely to get policy discussions if you're talking about people of different income situations than their skin color. Well, you make the claim of racism is so easily right.
Speaker 2: And they quote Aaron Waters, who's the first gent they quote in this article, who's a black construction worker union member in Chicago who voted for Trump after voting for Biden and Obama in past elections, and he says, race is not an issue for me. It's about what you can do for each and every one of us as a whole, as a US citizen. Now, the reason that's important, getting back to my berating you know, quote unquote black America, is that guys like Aaron are saying, no, you can't say I'm down with the black folks, so vote for me. What are you gonna do? What are your policies? That's phony. He's realized it's well, it's phony. It's it's putting you in a pen. And I've always hated that. But came across a couple of interesting statistics about this this question. And here's an associate professor of political science at the University of South Carolina. He says, quote, this is the shock of the early twenty first century. This this big move. Thirty years ago, Americans with a college degree was twenty percent of the population twenty percent thirty years ago now and held the same percentage of house hold wealth as those without a degree, so outsized. But it was like fifty to fifty the wealth. So twenty percent had college degrees and they had half the wealth. Now it's thirty eight percent of the population has college degrees. It's almost doubled in thirty years. Many of them useless, but anyway, and seventy three percent of the household wealth. So the you know other sixty two percent of the population that has twenty seven percent of the household wealth is starting to think, Hey, this system isn't really set up for me, regardless of color.
Speaker 1: I want to talk a little more about that. I have several things to say on that topic and a couple other examples of the changing world for the way we look at you know, what we were not of government, and whether it's serving me or you or a one percent or whoever.
Speaker 2: I that we will get to So hope you can stick.
Speaker 1: Around if you can't stick around, you can always grab the podcasts Armstrong and Getty on demand.
Speaker 2: You should subscribe as the word Armstrong and Getty. Come on, let's be real, man, this place is great. I have so many wonderful memories here.
Speaker 4: Doctor Gil Houston, foreign leaders, my dog attacking every single one.
Speaker 2: I brought my party.
Speaker 4: Together so much they teamed up and kicked me out. Wait a minute, maybe I hate it here too.
Speaker 5: No, Joe, I know it's awful, but I can't go back tomorrow, Lago Joe, because Elon is there and he will not leave.
Speaker 2: It's like, what about Bob.
Speaker 5: He's walking around in his bathing suit showing me videos or rockets and monkeys with computers in their heads.
Speaker 7: This guy's crangef That guy's trump is so good. I thought I really liked the Sarah Alive. I thought it was pretty good.
Speaker 1: It was just an equal opportunity making fun of the whole thing. And I also liked During the News because I like stupid sketch comedy and having Peanut the Squirrel's widow on.
Speaker 2: I thought I didn't see that yet, Oh man, Sarah.
Speaker 1: Sherman is peen at the Squirrel's widow so you were what were you.
Speaker 2: Just talking about? You were talking about what how race has been deemphasized in a big hurry in American politics. I mean, it'd still be an emphasis because it's useful, but it's all about class and all about economic aspiration. Really. Yeah, So a couple of things on that.
Speaker 1: Peter Thield, the billionaire interesting dude, you know who he is, tweeted out over the weekend that Trump's win exploded the lie of identity politics. If you believe that people cannot listen to reason and it's all subject to these sub rational factors like your race, or your gender, or you're sexting or your sexual orientation or something like this, nobody would ever be able to change their mind. You exploded the lie of identity politics with this election, I hope.
Speaker 5: So.
Speaker 2: I don't know, they're almost well, not almost.
Speaker 1: Almost always always it's always overstated after every election of my life, every presidential election, of how things have changed permanently in some way. But this has got to be a nod toward the right direction. I thought it was interesting. Ian Bremmer tweeted this out, and I think it factors in. Also, globalism has been an abject failure, benefiting a small group of elites to the expense of broader populations across the West. Yeah, it varies from country to country, but that's certainly the way it feels to the average person. So you're being you know, taught this whole Tom Friedman, the world is flat. N't this great for everybody?
Speaker 2: Thing? But that's certainly not what it feels and looks like. Well, right, yeah, and it's it's a complicated set of interactions. But yeah, if the manufacturing jobs can be done more cheaply over there, and you become the paper shuffling people because you're really good at shuffling paper, dealing with data whatever, well those jobs don't be nearly as much. And as the well arising tide lifts all ships, well it runs the guys running the ships. Mostly it rises their you know, financial well being.
Speaker 1: And Ian Bremer said, and it's true. Citizens and democracies all around the world are punishing the proponents of globalism. The United States is not unique, explaining you know why people abandon some of their race politics for just uh, you know, my own pocketbook.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's a delicate balance. If you go very far and all down the road of uh, industrial planning and government control and that sort of thing. It's it's a miserable failure. But to completely ignore the question of a your people's standard living and be your national security. But here's an honest here's an honest quest. Mean, because we're relying on China for our pharmaceuticals and computer chips or or whatever, is an idiotic thing to do.
Speaker 1: Here's a question about you're talking about college graduates having so much bigger chunk of the national wealth. And it's always been true, but that you made way more money with the college education than without. But they have a bigger chunk now than they ever had before. So I don't quite understand this because so much real life evidence around is that a college degree is worth less than it's ever been before. They're learning less than they've ever been before. Are these stats just lagging indicators? They're paying more anyway, go ahead, but are they Yeah, but they're paying way more but getting less. So are these all these status of the Wall Street Journal article over the weekend, how an Ivy League degree helps you hurts you more than helps you now? But so are all these stats about income and wealth lagging indicators? It's just it's gonna all this is going to catch up to those numbers at some point because like I'm yes, I'm not super big on pushing my kids to go to college in the way that I I got started the whole college fund, like a lot of parents as soon as they were born, with just the assumption of course they're going to go to college.
Speaker 2: Over my dead body, would they not.
Speaker 1: But now I'm like, why would you go to college unless you have these specific things you want need to learn to do whatever it is you want to do in the world. But again, all the stats out there showed on average person with a college education makes a lot more money than person doesn't have it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think part of that is that the when was it that the boom in number of people getting college educations really took off? I don't know, But the people who were at the earlier edge of that are now in their fifties and sixties and in many cases in their peak earning years, oh, peek wealth accumulation years. Let's take another snapshot in thirty years, when you know a large number of college graduates will be in a world where a lot of people are college graduates, and they'll have taken useless degrees where they didn't learn anything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's it's definitely example how it could be way a lagging an indicator, because if you're gonna go with lifetime earnings, well obviously people have to be, you know, sixty to come up with in their sixties to come up with lifetime earnings that late. So yeah, yeah, way lagging into great because there's just no way that's still gonna be true. I don't think I make significantly more money with a college education than without.
Speaker 2: It just can't be, particularly given how rapidly everything changes now economical, they technically, technologically, I mean, so a quick thought for you, and then getting back to the peace in the Wall Street Journal about how it's less and less about race, thank god, and more and more about policy and opportunity. I was a kid in the nineteen seventies, mostly you know, late teens in the eighties, but the three and I was a weird little kid. Not a surprise. We got Time magazine. We're not like any of you Newsweek perverts. We were at magazine. Fo good lord.
Speaker 1: I walk into somebody's else they got Newsweek. What else goes on here that I find devil.
Speaker 2: Worship animal sacrifice. God knows anyway. But we would get Time magazine every week, and I would read it cover to cover every week unless there was some particularly dry thing that I just couldn't get through. But I remember three news stories from the seventies distinctly now. One Vietnam unavoidable, two Watergate, watching that unfold, and three Inflation. I remember the whip inflation now, buttons I remember it being the major story in Time magazine, the Chicago Tribune, which we got at least on Sundays. As I recall all about inflation, asking my parents what is inflation? They would try to explain it to me. And we've talked since about what the mortgage rates were when they were trying to crush inflation by raising interest rates so high that mortgagers were sixteen seventeen eighteen percent a year eighteen percent mortgage? Can you believe that? Like putting your house on your credit card? But getting back to the piece in the journal, then I'll bring it all together, as is my style. They quote Chicago and Alfredo Ramirez, who voted for Brock twice Hillary in twenty sixteen. Last two elections. He's back Trump, he said, economic concerns, not race, largely drove his vote this time. He and his wife are raising three kids on his twenty five thousand dollars a year job at Target Whoa. He remembers the economy being better before the pandemic, when eggs and everything else cost less. Trump has done more for the American people, he says, as post of the Democrats, they are only caring about themselves. He also said being Latino didn't affect his vote. Quote, it really doesn't matter as long as we are out here fighting for our freedom. And the reason I brought up the stories I remembered as a kid, in particular in inflation, particularly inflation, is if inflation is high, as I've said times, nothing else matters. And they mentioned where is that? I thought I was pretty well written. They mentioned that all sorts of alleged experts were in all sorts of media. There is Democrats at times tried to use statistics. He said, this is a college guy, explained down to the decimal point to argue that inflation wasn't really hurting people and that voters' concerns about immigration were unfounded. Explain that to mister Ramirez. Explain that to the black construction worker Aaron Waters, who we talked about before. What a load of crap. You're not scared at the grocery store when you see the bill and think, how the hell am I going to pay my rent? You think you are? And I keep reading that wages have actually caught up to an inflation? Do you know anybody about her house saying there, I've got such a giant race since a pre pandemic. I'm making twenty percent more.
Speaker 1: There's no way you're gotta be making almost thirty percent more. There's just now like.
Speaker 2: Average out including a hedge fund guys.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I don't know. I don't know how you twist the statistics to get that. But I don't think I know a single person who would say that that was true for them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, I know, and I've seen it in a couple of publications, so including the Wall Street Journal, which surprised me. But everybody they talked to in this story, every single damn one of them, talks about the economy and their job and inflation. If that's what it takes to take the gasoline out of the engine of it's all about race. Halle freaking Loujah.
Speaker 1: One more kind of economics thing I came across that I thought was interesting from the Wall Street Journal. What does HUDD have to show for trillions of dollars a tax payer money, housing and urban development.
Speaker 2: With this quote in there?
Speaker 1: Add it all up, and since nineteen sixty five, the US has spent four trillion dollars, but it has not increased home ownership as a percentage, making homes more affordable, or reducing rents adjusted for inflation. Nothing at a strange four trillion dollars.
Speaker 2: Tomorrow during the show, I want to go down a checklist of this learned person knows all about the federal deocracy and how it works and how to reform it and all going through a checklist of the various departments and how expendable they are. You know, I don't know if Elon and VvE can pull off what they're promising. Boy, they could do a lot of it.
Speaker 1: I just I just saw this headline. I might have to find the audio. CNN Morning Crew cracks up at RFK on Trump plane being forced to eat poison in hostage video. That's the picture if you haven't seen it of them all eating McDonald's. You got on Trump's you got Trump, and Elon Trump Junior, Mike Johnson's there and RFK Junior with a big mac in his hand kind of looking like I guess I gotta do this.
Speaker 2: He absolutely looks like a guy who's nodding on the joke.
Speaker 1: It must have happened so fast, like he didn't have time to think through do I want to be a part of this or not? Which I've had happened to me before.
Speaker 2: So we played the audio of Trump entering the UFC Arena Madison Square Garden and the place going just absolutely wild. My second favorite pro wrestling clip of the weekend, well worth staying tuned. Okay, cool, believe it or not.
Speaker 3: That's on the way a Spirit Airlines flight was forced to divert after it was struck by gunfire from gangs while trying to land in Haiti, a rare setback for people who fly Spirit to Haiti.
Speaker 2: That's a dang good joke right there. That is a funny joke. Indeed, came across this over the weekend. The big US UFC fight, the pro wrestling Why do we play seventeen again? All right? Have we even played this one? I don't know. Go ahead, and ladies and Hillman.
Speaker 8: Who is now making his play to the world. Fantas opt to God black by UFC CEO Tata White forty five Sooner Big forty seven Presidents, Les.
Speaker 2: Gold of Truck, He prist the people go home twenty year. It doesn't sound in this room is so loudly here it is so loud. It's always low when he comes here.
Speaker 4: But how many's wrong now that he's the president?
Speaker 2: Yes, oh my god, as kid Rock inevitably jams in the background. You and that is yeah, yeah, crazy and Tulsey yeah, and RFK Junior Yeah, but no Matt Gates interesting. Uh So, after he won one of the big matches, UFC fighter Jim Miller said the following eighteen, Michael, it feels.
Speaker 9: Amazing New York. I got one thing to say. First, we need justice for Peanut, right right, you know.
Speaker 2: And it's not USA.
Speaker 9: It's all the kids that went hungry that night and all the other things that the money and resources could have been put through. Holby, that's jog Clans things up out to state Leveon. I like, how to use the fuse fitting speech for a political rally.
Speaker 2: Justice for Peanut? Yeah, I'm not sure. How many kids quote unquote went hungry that night because the state of New York didn't have resources because they were hunting down Peanut was assassinating a famous scrorel. Yeah, yeah, I do appreciate him bringing it up. And just the whole cultural thing. I'm sorry, thing is never the best word, but the whole cultural milieu, which is French for thing. But you got the sense of humor, the unapologetic masculinity, the loud rock and music, and Trump not embracing it because he thinks he's he should, but that's kind of his thing. What an interesting character. Rich since birth, billionaire developer absolutely gets normal people for whatever reason.
Speaker 1: And there are lots of people that come from normal beginnings who end up successful and rich who just can't don't have the common touch like that at all. They just can't make it happen, even though that's their background.
Speaker 2: Like Mitt Romney became very, very wealthy, but he was very not wealthy as a young man, a young husband.
Speaker 1: He could not pull off working people thing.
Speaker 2: No, no, And I still think it's because Trump, especially early in his career. And I don't know the chapter and verse of this, but he spent a tremendous amount of time at the work sites for the buildings he was developing, working with the foreman and talking to the workers and that sort of thing.
Speaker 1: Tesla's stock up seven percent because of the belief that Trump's going to deregulate the electric car industry to a certain extent.
Speaker 2: Well, there's Jack again, there's Joe Man.
Speaker 6: It's time of just the show with the help of Kadie Green and Michael Langel.
Speaker 2: So creepy for friends, they're like fans again, They're not our radio. So let's they're they're final tusk people or they have to go Wow, why is that so disturbing? Wow? Hey, how about you get back in the store and quit menacing me? Right? Was that supposed to be disturbing when he made It's Dabby the Clown? I don't know.
Speaker 1: Here's your host for final thoughts, Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Let's get a final thought from everybody on the crew to wrap things up for the day. There he is pressing the buttons are technical director Mike l Aanglow. Michael, I'm just picturing the White House and Trump ordering cheeseburgers just to irritate RFK, like they're having a meeting and just a whole bunch of cheeseburgers come into the room from McDonald's. You know, uh, Katie Green. A final thought for.
Speaker 1: Us, I would take a lot of joy and some professional boxers around the age of Jake Paul challenging him to a fight.
Speaker 2: Yes, knocking him out? I agree, I agree. Oh he still needs to be punched, but that's part of his thing, isn't it. Yeah, being you love to hate him? Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah Jack.
Speaker 1: Final thought for us, Yeah, I really enjoyed the communal thing that was the Friday night fight. During the day, the people talking about when you gonna watch, you're gonna watch, what time?
Speaker 2: Who you haven't over? And then the next day everybody.
Speaker 1: Talking about I miss that that we used to have all the time, you know, a TV show in an event that we could well have a communal thing about.
Speaker 2: But we don't anymore. It's very rare. Yeah, that one was great and profound. Mine is silly following that, so I don't I'm not even gonna bother. Okay, my final thought ain't worth crap. Now. My final thought is whatever it takes for this country to avoid sectarian politics, that is a good thing again. Look up the history of Lebanon, do a little reading, and good to the modern day.
Speaker 1: Armstrong in Giddy wrapping up another grueling four hour workday.
Speaker 2: So many people who think so little time go to Armstrong Giddy dot com. Check out the hotlinks, drop us a note if there's something we ought to be talking about. Male bag at Armstrong and Giddy dot com. Pickup a T shirt. Why not, We'll see you tomorrow. God bless America.
Speaker 5: They're some of the most dynamic, freethinking, animal killing, sexually criminal, medically crazy people in the country.
Speaker 2: Who are you thinking about? I'm strong and getty, and you know what everyone knows, that's not what I was told. It's time to do something different, and.
Speaker 1: That time is every day, So say it with me.
Speaker 4: Puff Daddy, Peppe, Daddy, your daddy, riding on a pony, calling Macaronie
Speaker 8: And on that possibly nightmare inducing note, arm Strong and Geeddy