Speaker 1: Of the Law and Order franchises. SVU is considered especially watchable.
Speaker 2: We are the amateur detectives who kind of investigate the vicious felonies. These episodes are based on. These are our stories. Done done.
Speaker 3: Hello, that's messed up an SVU podcast.
Speaker 2: I'm Lee as a Trigger and I'm Kara Klank And every week it's SVU recaps, it's true crime, deep dives, it's chats with actors and other celebs, and in the beginning it's just catching up and chit chatting.
Speaker 3: Well, and now it's just you know, the countdown to the Emmys.
Speaker 2: I mean, I can't wait to see what happens.
Speaker 3: It's really fucking exciting. I'm really pumped.
Speaker 2: And as everybody on this podcast should know, this has been HQ for manifesting Marishka hosting Saturday Night Live, which now feels like it has to happen.
Speaker 3: When are the Emmys?
Speaker 2: I think September sixteenth, but that's off the top of my head. Who knows, Okay, Okay, let's see if I was right. Okay, Emy's twenty twenty six, September fourteenth.
Speaker 3: Class bad not too far off?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I wonder if you know, it's like obviously she's a giant star. I'm beloved by many. But it is like she is having a moment, you know what I mean? Yeah, like it is.
Speaker 3: Kind of like a peak thrill of a moment where everyone's everyone's feeling it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I mean the thing is is that this Unfortunately I don't think SNL starts till after that time.
Speaker 2: But hopefully they'll still have her on. What do you mean Unfortunately they wouldn't have her on before. I think they would as she's got a problem. No, no, because they have never had her. They don't want her. That's the problem. That's the issue.
Speaker 3: It's been twenty seven seasons, right, But like.
Speaker 1: If the these are on NBC and they're trying to promote the Emmys, I think they would have.
Speaker 3: Her my inside scoop as Lauren hates women.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, well there's something new like count the hosts. Count the hosts? How many women versus men? He doesn't? Yeah, well what did what did I get?
Speaker 3: He wants them thin and miserable and and even the ones.
Speaker 2: That are feel like they're still getting fired as cast members.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 2: But anyways, interesting, interesting, Okay, interesting information, big claims here, But are you intrigued at all by Odyssey fever that everybody is experiencing.
Speaker 3: I want to, of.
Speaker 2: Course, of course I'm busy, so I'm not going to be able to go until mid August, I think. But I think that'll be good. It'll die down. I'll get some tickets. I mean, I have friends going at seven am. New York screenings were at three am. Jesus, yeah, there were three am strings packed, sold out like New York's alive obviously, but no, I have the fever.
Speaker 3: He I just don't like Christopher Nolan.
Speaker 2: He doesn't give women parts like women have a few lines?
Speaker 3: Did you already see it? Casey? He did, so each woman has what max seven lines? Well, I think they have a little bit. I think he doesn't like like he another person who doesn't like women, and we have to all celebrate him as he gives Florence Pugh three lines and up and high.
Speaker 4: I'm not interested, but Anne Hathaway is, But I'm going. Anne Hathway is very good. Wouldn't be surprised if she won an Oscar for her role. She's really I love her to.
Speaker 2: Win an Oscar when people are liking her, not knowing her earnestness bro.
Speaker 4: I think she really ties the film together. But nice, I loved the Odyssey. I have Odyssey fever too.
Speaker 3: And what is her role?
Speaker 2: What is Anne Hathaway playing? She's Penelope, Penelope okay, Oysseus is trying to get back to Oh got it? And Lupita Nyongo is Hara.
Speaker 3: Who is she?
Speaker 2: Helen of Troy?
Speaker 3: Hellen of Troy?
Speaker 4: She has two lines? But uh, yes, senday, I heard some two scenes.
Speaker 3: It's just like that.
Speaker 2: I was.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Somebody else I was talking to was like, yeah, Christopher Nolan doesn't really know what to do with women.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe he should take a class, Like, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I just I think it is wrong to celebrate filmmakers who cannot include women in their stuff. It's like, you're obviously not good. Yeah, you're not good enough. You're not good enough. Now I'm obsessed with him because fuck cgi fuck AI. I like that they're in the mountains. I like that they're on the ocean. I like that the sets are being built, like it's everything I believe in. And I definitely will go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I'm going to go to I was supposed to go last night, but plans got rearranged.
Speaker 3: But I'm gonna watch the Curci.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna read my Circe book before I think. Great, I'm on the right, but I have to study my backup. I mean, we're we're we're double record. Listen, We're gonna be in the time machine because I will be in mono. Lisa has to go to fighting for my life? Okay, for my life? What's the mourning dollar at the park?
Speaker 3: Would you say? What?
Speaker 2: Played a guy at the park lost forty dollars. But then I went to the New York Backgammon Club event and I played with a guy who spoke Russian.
Speaker 3: We got to speak rushing.
Speaker 2: It was awesome and he was a lot better than me, and I did beat him, but he also like he was giving he was nudging me around, giving me some good advice my future. And I played a girl. You know, I'm in hardcore training mode. Wow, I love it.
Speaker 3: Her court training mard. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm going there to film something, so it's like if I'm bad, I'm bad, I'm gonna be bad. But like you know, I'm there to interview me, see what's up, explore whatever.
Speaker 3: But I don't want to fully humiliate myself.
Speaker 1: This is like your insomniac, except it's in Monaco at a fucking backgammon competition.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's also tell my One of the producers messaged me that she looks up and cocktails are thirty dollars at the at the hotel. That yeah, okay, yeah we might have to sneak. I might have to start flirting with these. You might have to do an old, old bizarre spring bottle of trick. I mean that's like really expensive.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'll see what happens.
Speaker 2: But my coach, he said, if he doesn't have time to train because he owns the World Championships, he will be sending people my way throughout the days to be training and playing with me. Oh okay, so.
Speaker 3: I my Russian teacher was like, why is he so invested in this?
Speaker 2: I go, I don't know, but I think he just wants advertisement for his app, Galaxy Backgammon.
Speaker 3: Okay, but he's really invested. He's like, send me screenshots, like ask me questions throughout while you're playing.
Speaker 1: I'm like, okay, let's get you. Let's I mean what I think. Regardless, you'll be better than you were when you got there. When you leave probably learn a lots. Yeah, it's like they're just for laughs.
Speaker 2: Like I'm gonna meet every backgammon person around the world that's gonna be there. It.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, you got new faces for backgammon. You're not supposed to talk about it, Lisa, You're gonna get in trouble.
Speaker 2: But like the girl who runs NYC backgammon clubs, she's in Greece right now with people's you met last year and like her instat stories are incredible. She like met someone he has a margaritea vilf themed home, but his wife has all these trophies. They're on a boat playing, they have an elevator in their home. There's backgam and like these are people that are playing every day, all day for years. So it's like it's kind of like the heated rivalry guys learning how to ice skate. It's like I just can't. I can't catch up in a real way. But there is a game of luck. Like I hope I don't get knocked out immediately, but if I.
Speaker 3: Do, I'll get drunk. I don't know. I don't know. I don't know. Guys, Yeah, who's to say, who's to say? But I'm really excited. I think it's gonna be wonderful. Oh.
Speaker 2: Also, someone DM me. They're like, hey, can I open for you in Dallas? Like, I'm not going to Dallas. They sent me the link. They're like, you're here in September. I go, thank you very much. Good to know, good to know. My agent goes, this was confirmed in May. So you guys, I I'm in La Joya, I'm in Cleveland. I'm in I think some Philly La Joia. Shit's happening. Shit's happening. A show in sell in Brooklyn, September thirteenth. So like, please, I've updated the links, so you know, you know, yeah, I'm there.
Speaker 3: Come see me, Come see me do my job.
Speaker 2: If you want no pressure, JK, please come, please flapcome. What's up with their East Coast adventures? What's been on the agenda? What are you a police storming? And isn't thundering at least here in Connecticut? I don't know.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's not passing over you, but not yet, not yet. I don't I'm on ACU weather now. I was on weather channel dot com. I don't know what I was doing. And now I'm on ACU weather and it's a whole new world. Yeah, it's raining and pouring here. I went to the Jersey Shore last weekend with some friends Stop never be It was wonderful. I got to be away from my kids, which always a thrill. I mean, just after this long period, you know, I've just been with them like a lot, So it was just it was nice.
Speaker 2: But I'm like, wait, so what was the Jersey Shore like? Was it everything you imagined? Or have you been there before? I've been there a bunch of times. I've been there are a ton of times.
Speaker 1: My friend that you that you know, has a place down there, and I used to go like multiple times this summer and then, you know, obviously when I moved to La Big Gap, and then I went last summer and now this summer. So it's like back in the rotation, and the beach is gorgeous, and she has a place that's like right on the beach with a pool, so you have both options, which I really love.
Speaker 2: And you know, but when you go to the beach, then do you shower before you jump in the pool?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: There's a rint soft station, you know. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, It's one of the worst moments in Survivor, is like they win this cho like you know, there's they're living a terrible life on this island. And then they want a reward and they had to bring fucking Philip because they had to. And it's this gorgeous pool. They have fruits. It's like this cool reward. And he won't shower and jumps in the pool and makes it all dirty. All his dirt goes everywhere because they don't shower. I'm not like they're dirty. Oh god, And the other two people are like, what the fuck you just I think about that a lot. So I think about that a lot. But yeah, it's weird.
Speaker 3: What in your mind.
Speaker 1: It was tough because I had to drive back to the city during the World Cup final, which was in New Jersey, so that was not the best time to be on the road.
Speaker 3: But we honestly were fine. We got around it.
Speaker 1: We timed it so we kind of got to New Jersey like as the game was starting. So if you're pulling into the World Cup at three o'clock, I don't know, you're not a fan.
Speaker 3: What are you doing? Yeah?
Speaker 1: So I was going into the city because I went to go see Brian the opening night of Brian Safie's one man show which is called Are You Mad at Me? Which is playing at the Here Art Center which is in Soho until August fifteenth. People, you guys gotta go see it. It's so funny. He's so funny. I actually saw it in LA but it's changed a lot and it's super super funny and I love the theater like him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was great.
Speaker 1: And I went to the after party and I didn't know anyone, but I met people and I.
Speaker 3: Met a fellow exactly right head.
Speaker 1: I met Michael Foot, who is the host of Brief Recess, and I hung out with him and his husband and it was lovely.
Speaker 3: It was wonderful.
Speaker 2: They have like a Yeah, this is a lesson, go to things by yourself. People get so worried. I mean, I'm just like, live alone, not a lonely life. I live a solitary life a lot. Yeah, and so it's just never been an issue for me. Like I've did a full you know, alligator tour alone. But that might not be for but it's just an encouraging thing. You'll meet a person, you'll find a thing you know, like now you now you know Michael Foot and his husband.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I truly thought I would like, no more people. And then I was like, oh, I don't that's okay, and then I talked to them. I met I met a girl I'm a huge fan of I've been like following her work for a really long time. I met Anna Gasteire from SNL. I mean it was, oh my god, it was very fun. But then I leave. I leave soon for by the time this episode comes out, I'll be in Vermont. I'll be in the woods.
Speaker 3: No, not really, I mean, my god, you'll be at camp.
Speaker 1: Well, I'll be wait, I'm I'm gonna be in the town of my camp for like a full month, but I'm gonna be saying it like a house until I moved to camp, you know what I mean. Okay, So it's like I'll be living like a normal Vermont person's life for three weeks and then I'll be living a camp life.
Speaker 3: But you'll be working at the camp the night. No, no, I'm not, I'm not. You're just gonna be in Vermont.
Speaker 2: I'm just gonna be in Vermont for these three weeks and then I am working that last week when I like, what I usually do to me, what will you be doing the in Vermont just recording our podcast.
Speaker 1: My kids are going to camp, like, uh, Rosie's going to go to a camp there, the camp, the day camp that's related to my camp, and then Oscar's going to go to this other onecause they wouldn't squeeze him in.
Speaker 2: And you know, aren't you pissed? You're piss I am, but I get it.
Speaker 1: He's he's a year younger, and Oscar's not really the kind that you're going that you go, he'll be no problem squeeze him in. Famously, I squeezed him into a puppet camp last summer. They called me and told me that he tried to escape into the parking lot and a security guard had to chase him down. So he's not always the best at a slide under the door kind of situation. Rosie is the kind of person that could do that. But anyway, they're gonna go to sepper camps.
Speaker 3: They'll be fine.
Speaker 1: They're at a camp today where it's crazy hair Day. And I went to Target at like ten o'clock last night to find them this toxic like hair here it is, it's called Punky color, and I sprayed it in their hair. This morning, Oscar looks completely insane.
Speaker 3: I can't. I actually need to take a picture of them when they get home.
Speaker 1: So they're at camp with blue hair right now, loving life, and yeah, I don't. That's kind of I'm kind of like, what an idyllic thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Vermont in August in a home. I'm excited. I think it'll be really fun. I'm gonna like walk around the lake every day. I'm pumped. Well, you mentioned the World Cup. Yes, So the day before the World Cup finale, I went to Now I went to see Meg Salter and Omary Oh, oh my gosh, how was it? She killed it? She really was awesome. She you know, she has bronchitis. Yeah, and I heard all the drama. There was a rumor that she canceled her Broadway show and was seen at the comedy and I was like, she's not going to the comedy. So funny, but also it's like she's the lead of a Broadway hitch, Like what are people talking about?
Speaker 3: But whatever, So I.
Speaker 2: Went with some of her good friends and we got to go to Russia. We went to Russian Samovar for dinner before so I got to order in Russian and kind of lib a little.
Speaker 3: Fantasy as well.
Speaker 2: But none of us like planned that there would be fifteen thousand Argentinians in Times Square waving flags.
Speaker 4: Wo.
Speaker 2: So it was like a full parade, people partying, like international, some Spanish jerseys, but like mostly Argentinian.
Speaker 3: And then there was the flash floods. So we're at Russian Samovar.
Speaker 2: Time is clicking all of a sudden, it's an eleven minute walk. That's not gonna be an eleven minute walk. It is bumper to bumper human traffic. But then also the kind of rain, so then it's like also raining, but then also a car would be twenty eight minutes, right, So like dinner ran late. We're like rushing through the rain and all these people and I'm like, I'm so happy to be alive, and everyone's like you're a freak, and I'm like, I just know. I like to experience things. But it was kind of stressful. But Meg killed it. The Abraham Lincoln killed it. I go, that motherfucker's been an SVU. Of course he has military justice, the Sherry apple Bee rape military Okay, but he was so hot.
Speaker 3: I loved his mannerism. So funny Meg, all her little faces, she kills.
Speaker 2: She's just awesome. And she's she's doing it through September, maybe wait till her bronchitis is done. But you know, but I just I loved it. I'm that's so awesome.
Speaker 1: I I was, I'm going, I want to go in on Thursday this week and see something. And unfortunately I missed Mateo in Chicago, but I was thinking about going to see the Jellico Ball.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, yeah, yeah, I want to see that.
Speaker 3: I heard it.
Speaker 2: I don't know it's gonna happen. But oh, but the finals, I left my wallet at Samovar. I had to go back uptown the next day after my backham and lessons.
Speaker 3: It's so funny. The coffee shops like, oh, are you working on your Russian?
Speaker 2: I go, it's backgammon today. They're like, what is your life? I'm like, I can't talk about it. I'm like I can't even explain this. Even my Russian teacher was just like, do you why are you doing this? I go, I just say yes to opportunities. I don't know what to tell you if I don't have good answers for anything.
Speaker 1: I come from a place of yes and you come from a place of no.
Speaker 2: No, She's a yes girl too, but she was annoyed. I didn't do any of my homework. I've been sick, I lost my voice, I'm on antibiotics, I keep drinking.
Speaker 3: I don't want to talk about it. But I went to Canal.
Speaker 2: Bar, which was a Chicago Bears bar that I love, and Argentina. Wow, embarrassing, embarrassing. Didn't kick one goal, Like didn't They didn't even get a shot. Yeah, they didn't even get a shot. The goalie didn't even have to try to stop a ball once. That's so surprising.
Speaker 1: We were watching it in the car a little bit, not like we like had it on my friend's YouTube like TV on her on her phone and she was like, I think that the announcer just said that they haven't shot on goal yet. I was like, come on, it's like seventy minutes into the game, what like.
Speaker 3: No, and I you know, and it's just like I don't know. They were like pulling jerseys, beating the shit out of people, screaming, fighting, It's like, I don't know, so embarrassing, you know, friend was.
Speaker 1: Saying too, because my friend that drove me down there and back up, this is my friend Bridget that came to our Denver shows with us and had to keep lying down on the sidewalk because she was having what is it called like a height altitude sickness. She was driving me back and she was a big soccer player, played for our college and everything, and she's like, I go, what is it with this falling down and crying shit that they've been doing.
Speaker 2: I don't think, she goes the women didn't do that. No, women, Well, women are more used to pain. Women are not, Like, it's been really crazy this World Cup. The women do not do that.
Speaker 3: And I was like, yeah, but it does hurt.
Speaker 2: Like one guy got the ball kicked in his face, like it is powerful thing. They have no padding, Like I understand it hurts. Women are just stronger, like they just are. Tattoo artists say this all the time, doctor, Like it is just like matter of fact, women tolerate pain because we're forced to because people believe in the Bible.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean, because there's been studies where it's like men and women that are married have the same issues, and the men are given pain killers and women are given timely Yeah, like it just like is our reality, sadly, but the women like the US women are just better at soccer.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't know what else kind of say, I just especially in this country. But I had fun watching it was fun.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna miss it, I.
Speaker 1: Know because now there's like a little bit of a break in, like the exciting sports stuff that been going on in New York like continuously for a while now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I have made some hockey connects.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, are you going to get into like the Rangers or like.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go to the women? For sure? I am.
Speaker 2: And then I met someone that likes hockey and he goes to the preseason games that are forty bucks and it always goes to the home opener of the preseason whatever. I don't know, so I'm gonna go. And then I told one of my agents they have to take me.
Speaker 1: I think hockey's really fun. I've always liked watching it, even in high school we used to go to games all the time.
Speaker 2: I've never seen it never like watching It's fast, That's what I like about it. And you know I have book report time. Yes, okay, so I did finally finish. I who have never known men loved it, loved it. Learned a lot. I thought it was poignant, well done. I loved it. Then, since I was sick, I was really just and the storms. I got to just sit and I finished a book called Goodbye Paradise by Serena Bowen.
Speaker 3: You might remember she wrote the other.
Speaker 2: Gay hockey books that yes, yeah, this one is incredible. It's two guys they escape a polygamist cult and have to like hitchhike across the country. They're obviously in love and gay, and there's enough they like meet up with someone else that escaped the cult years ago, and it's awesome. And now I'm reading the next book in the series, Hello Forever, and it's basketball.
Speaker 3: Oh nice, all gays.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: After finishing I Who Have Never Known Men, which is about forty women trapped in a cage underground, I think I needed.
Speaker 3: Some gay romance. Yeah, yeah, and I'm getting it and I'm getting it.
Speaker 2: And what I loved about Goodbye Paradise is like usually with these books, it's will they won't they for two hundred pages, or it's like a guy constantly be like, I don't know if he likes me, and it's like he likes you.
Speaker 3: And this got going right away. And so I did appreciate that there was not like two hundred pages of frustrating men making terrible decisions and not reading science. So I was it was just like, it was sweet, it was cool.
Speaker 2: It was obviously serious because as a cults and there's crimes, but also just like horny and awesome and I loved it. Love Thank you Serena, butwen for that.
Speaker 1: I'm like halfway through Allison Lebey's book, which I'm enjoying, but I have also been getting back on my freaking TV. I'm halfway through Rhode Island. I'm watching Hi, It's crazy. People are like my friends go, oh my god, did you see how much so and so changed in the reunion? I go, it's already to reunion. I was so mortified in my life. I've never been this behind, and I can't say.
Speaker 3: I have to say.
Speaker 1: I think I blame it on my cord cutting, Like if I had my DVR in front of me, this wouldn't have happened.
Speaker 3: But I am catching up and I do there.
Speaker 2: Wait, I forgot huge news after the World's Cup. I was at the bar facetimed my eldest nephew and niece there at my parents' house. They facetimed with me for forty one minutes. Whoa yeah, huge a thrill. It was huge passing the phone around everybody talking mostly just the kids in English. We did we kept in English. Wow, yeah, but yeah, we kept it English. But and then they talked to like the people I was at the bar with and stuff. But it was really a thrill. And the bartender kepting like you're still talking to your family. And then my like Julia was just like you need to relax. This is a huge deal for her. Yeah, this is unprecedented, like yeah, yeah, sorry, but the cord cutting because I was talking to my nephew and I think Caleb Aron said this, But it's like Tvo is when it should have stopped, Like we could record, we could fast forward behind, you know, like have something that we care about, but still it still be run by linear television like commercial all of us making more money in terms of creative jobs. But then also like the streaming, like all of this is a nightmare. Yeah yeah, yeah, I think TiVo is when it should have started. TiVo should have been the pinnacle, and unfortunately we kept going.
Speaker 3: Going, And now that you know the Lettuces, that's in. Oh my god, the Lettuce.
Speaker 2: I know those don't seem connected, but in my brain they've connected. So well, listen, conglomerate I did. That's what I meant. It's all like monopolies. Everyone owns everything. They're all evil as fuck. They don't care about us. So it's like just a nightmare. Yeah, the Lettuce and the TV people are having explosive diarrhea from Lettuce. Yeah, it's not it's not great, which doesn't affect me at all.
Speaker 1: Well, I had Taco Bell last night, and the second I took a bite in, I was like, oh, this has lettuce.
Speaker 2: Oopsie, so fingers crossed nothing so far. It's also sprinkling. It's a sprinkling. I'm just hoping. But I'll tell you there was no line at Taco Bell. There was no line. No, they're suffering right now. They're suffering. Yeah, for sure, keep Taco Bell in your heart's everyone. No, am I not watching TV or movies. I just watch podcasts. I only I have my three pops on this week's episode, which by the way, just dropped today. I think of them all than the beautiful Tricksy does talk about the second Mortal Kombat. They talk about it together at length. I'm only halfway through. Oh my god, I see loves it. Katya has issues. Katya has some issues, but overall we're Katya issues with it, like the background actors or something like you know Katya like she just has like weird opinions.
Speaker 1: And then there was like a character Yeah, I don't know. They were just like I drove all the way back from taking my kids to camp.
Speaker 3: I was like, I don't even know what they're talking about. I mean, I love less. That's how I know.
Speaker 2: I love listening to them because I have not seen a Mortal Kombat movie in my life.
Speaker 3: Are we joining their patreon? I you know, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I'm pissed, but I need I need it. I need it. I really want to hear the recaps.
Speaker 2: But we have a Patreon too. Yes, we have a Patreon as well.
Speaker 1: And last week last week we talked about the very disturbing documentary Maternal Instinct. So if you want to hear us talk about that, get on over there, and we have.
Speaker 3: Some fun episodes planned coming up.
Speaker 1: So so go over to patreon dot com slash That's messed up and join us as there are multiple tiers you can get involved.
Speaker 3: Also, you can go to That's Messed Up live dot.
Speaker 1: Com to see get a link to Lisa's tour dates. You can get our merch our Louise Lewis Lewis Lewis shirt is on sale, and promo codes for like our ads and stuff.
Speaker 2: There's all kinds of info on there, so head on over there. Let's get started.
Speaker 3: Though.
Speaker 1: We've got a great episode today. Don't go anywhere, all right, we are doing today, Season twenty one, episode fifteen, Swimming with Sharks. This episode came out in February of twenty twenty, so like right before the pandemic. I remember watching this one, but I sort of really liked watching it again. To me, it really felt like an older episode, like it felt even though it's the season twenty one. To me, it feels like a season like ten.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would say it twist in turns, Yeah, it in turns interesting, fun something we've never seen before too, Like, yeah, I don't feel like there's many episodes like this. Yes, yes, it's a unique fun episode. Yeah, they killed it so that's funny. Yeah, there is there. There's definitely funny humor. I also love when they're like, you know, at the video game convention, Like I like when they're out on the town as.
Speaker 3: A group too.
Speaker 1: Right, So this episode starts out like generic pop song playing like people aren't buying stuff, like things are changing hands. You're not sure what it is. It kind of looks like it's a costume jewelry farmers market like, but the lyrics of the song are like fashion HIGHLIGHTE fame.
Speaker 3: I did google it. It's called Again and Again.
Speaker 2: It's from some random pop album that is probably used by television shows. But we cut to Cat and Rowlands checking out some merchandise. Cat is holding up this.
Speaker 1: Like tear drop crystal basically on a string and goes, this is pretty, and then Roland's like, well that's a vaginal egg, like I don't know what to tell you, and I don't know what she thought it was, like a I don't know what she thought it was, and Cat's like, ooh, never mind, and then she was I guess the message is positive empowering women through wellness, and Rowlins is like, yeah, I'm not buying it, Like the message I'm getting is spend all your damn money.
Speaker 2: So I didn't know Rollins was such an anti capitalist, I know.
Speaker 1: Like I think she just it's basically this feels like, oh too girly.
Speaker 2: You know, maybe if there was sports balls here right like that, if there was like beer and Papa shot, she'd be like this rocks, I do love Papa Shot.
Speaker 3: You shouldn't have said that.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 3: Sorry, you're going straight to a David Busters after this.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, I did finally find a barcade with a Qubert.
Speaker 3: So yeah, ooh that's fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because the one by my house doesn't have one, but yeah, I walked by. I saw Cubert on twenty fourth and I will be going there. So anyway, I can't really tell what this is. This feels like it's some kind of like wellness conference that had like or like convention that has like a purchasing aspect or whatever. And now we see this.
Speaker 1: Woman who is clearly the head of this whole company, giving like a press conference, and she goes and she's going why sex, Why not sex? And the company is called We Be Well, which is funny to me, and the logo is a bee like and not not like the letter be and she is yapping about being well. She like her mantra is be well, be hot, be happy, and someone yells out, Luna, we love you, and you know she is Luna, and obviously this is like a Gwyneth Paltrow situation.
Speaker 2: So women needs.
Speaker 1: She goes women need to know it's okay to love our bodies, especially the parts they tell us and not to talk about. And she seems like she's like just on like a smidgeon of cocaine, you know what I mean, Like she doesn't seem absolutely coked out, but like she's on enough.
Speaker 3: And the crowd goes.
Speaker 1: Wild and she goes see you on stage like she's loving life. Backstage, an assistant is offering Benson herbal or detox tea and she's like, bitch, I drink red wine or coffee and the assistant. The assistant is like, Luna is so sorry she couldn't welcome you in person.
Speaker 3: She can't wait to meet you. I don't understand what's going on.
Speaker 1: At the beginning, I'm like, why is Benson at this weird wellness conference?
Speaker 3: And then in walks Luna. She's girl bossing hard.
Speaker 1: She's got like an entourage of people with her and she's like, oh, Detective Benson, can I call you or Lieutenant Benson, can I call you Olivia? And then she goes, I am the SHEEO of we be well, Luna Prasada.
Speaker 3: The sheeo is that's tough stuff. What, No, it's bad. I mean I wrote in my notes. I wrote in my notes.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying I want something bad to happen to her, but I'm not loving her.
Speaker 2: Like well, the thing is, it's like CEO isn't masculine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's just letters.
Speaker 2: So sheeo is just a little bit funny because CEO works.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, yeah, yah yah.
Speaker 1: So like we did a thing on Drag Race which was she MZ because it was TMZ about drag queens, so you don't have to like she things up unless you're going all the way drag.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then she forces Benson into a hug, which Benson is like okay, and then she starts, you know, blowing some china up Benson's trench coat, like I'm so impressed by you, and I guess Olivia is there to speak at like wellness.
Speaker 3: Con I don't know.
Speaker 1: And then Melanie the CEO introduces herself and she is played by Samantha Mathis, friend of the pod we had her on I believe episode sixty eight. I wrote it down later in my notes, but the episode Control, she is a woman who is kidnapped and forced to marry a man and then cuts his balls off, cuts his dick off, and leaves it in a I fuck it. Oh no, leaves him in the subway. The guy takes him in the subway, right, Yeah, that's Control. So anyway, Samantha one of my favorite episodes. I would say, yeah, And Marishka's father, isn't it. Yes, he's the guy on the escalator that sees the man bleeding from his chopped off balls.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes.
Speaker 1: And and Samantha Mathis is in like all these nineties movies and like, I.
Speaker 2: Love her, But I can earn Geneva Carr for some reason mixed up and it makes no sense.
Speaker 1: But well I could see that because Geneva wears like a dark glasses blonde with like a like a thick glasses and that's kind of the vibe Melanie is having in this episode. But she tries to introduce herself to Benson and Luna just.
Speaker 2: Me, isn't she Also in the Woody Allen episode we did with Bradley Woodford.
Speaker 3: Yes, totally. Wow, they really love samantham out this.
Speaker 2: I don't understand. I'm on, do not disturb? Why would my laptop ring? And what are these loan officers calling me about four, five, six times a day? I don't have any loans. My parents paid for college.
Speaker 3: Like what do you want? What? I did? Everything right? Oh my god, I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: I don't know what you do. I do not just there's like no way to lock it down. I don't know I'm blocking. I'm blocking every area code everything. It's like, get out of my life, all right, continue coming anyway.
Speaker 1: Melanie is trying to introduce herself to Benson, and Luna kind of whisks Benson away and like doesn't give a fuck about Melanie, Like you get a little vibe there that She's like, we don't have we don't have time for you. And Luna says to Olivia, you must be so busy, since me too, and she's kind of acting like me too as like a product that Olivia launch, Like god, ever since you guys put out me too? Are you like dying? And Olivia goes, well, we are, but yet anything I can do to raise awareness and Luna's like us girls, we run the world and in our spare time we try to fix it too, Like she's a lot okay. Cut to Luna and Benson on the stage at this be Well thing and Benson is sitting and Luna is standing, which is immediately like a weird is it in conversation or is it?
Speaker 3: Like what is it? And then she's like giving Tom cruise on the couch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's manic, and she's like, yeah, that's oh. When we're attacked, our brains don't process information in a linear way. We revert to our lizard brain. And Olivia keeps trying to talk about Luna keeps cutting her off, and Olivia is explaining how people process trauma, and she says survival takes strength, and Luna like repeats it slowly and goes.
Speaker 3: Survival takes strength. Do you mind if I steal that?
Speaker 1: And it's like all this she starts like for like laughing so hard, there's all this applause. I'm like I can and I can't believe people are going for this, and like she is giving Gwyneth Paltrow, but like much more sweaty and pilled out, like it's more like Gwyneth Paltrow meets SU's ormond a little bit like it's just a little bit more.
Speaker 3: It's like a parody, yes.
Speaker 1: Because Gwyneth Paltrow is obviously very like, buy my seven hundred dollars vaginal smelling candle or don't. I don't care, Like I'm Gwyneth Paltrow, I'm very rich, you know. Like, but this woman is like, we can do this, ladies, and she's really wild. So now we cut to Luna's hotel suite. The assistant is bringing some guy back and telling her, telling him, you've got twenty minutes before her car comes.
Speaker 2: Luna's in a silky robe. She's looking kind of drunk.
Speaker 1: I at first I think she's on a phone call, but then she sees Bobby, this guy, and I don't know if she ends the call, but she completely moves on to him, and she seems like she's been waiting on him, and she's like, I have a question for you.
Speaker 3: Then she takes off her robe.
Speaker 1: She's wearing like a lingerie like silky slip type thing, and her question is saffron or chive, and she's holding up two outfits in those colors, and Bobby is like, bitch, let's talk Turkey.
Speaker 3: This IPO is not business.
Speaker 1: As usual, so the company's about to go public, as we can tell. She's like, we just had an amazing three days.
Speaker 3: Enjoy the moment. We have edibles, we have drinkables. Let's live a little bit.
Speaker 1: And he's like, well, I've been going through the books and she says like, you know, you do numbers, I do brilliant ideas, and he's like cool, but you're the CEO, so you'll be signing these statements and I want to know. I want you to know what's in them. And she's like, okay, how about a drink first and then your little power point. So back to the downstairs part of the event, Benson, Cat and Rollins are walking out into the street and Kat's like complimenting Benson, being like, the audience really loved you. They appreciated you, and Rollins is like, well, yeah, that bitch was interrupting you every five minutes and like shirt seconds and she can't believe Kat actually spent money in there, and just then she's like, what is my sister's birthday? And then Olivia gets an urgent text from Luna's assistant and Rollins goes just say no, I mean Rollin's. It's like it's season twenty one. You don't like like when women are calling for help, you don't know. Benson's not going to be like, no thanks, I'm busy.
Speaker 2: She calls Lucy and she goes, so we cut to her at Luna's.
Speaker 1: Her assistant is in tears. Luna's on the couch kind of withdrawn, and she tells her I was raped.
Speaker 3: Why would he do this to me? Credits Okay.
Speaker 1: At the hospital, Luna's almost done with her exam. They're just waiting on antibiotics, and Benson's going over the events of the evening with Luna, like, okay, so Bobby came up to your room and she's like, yes, he's the CFO. I always put him off because he's always got bad news. I call him bummed me out, Bobby, And she said I offered him a drink to relax him, but I was a little bit ahead of him on that front. And lives like that's okay, Like it's all right if you were a little bit drunk. She's like, we never got into the financials. He took a shot of tequila. He pushed me down on the bed. I wanted to push him off by Froze and it was just like you said, I just wanted to serve and their relationship lately, I guess has grown tense in advance of announcing the IPO, and then she remembers the IPO and she's like, oh my god, I can't do this. If this comes out, this whole thing is going to be fucked. I can't believe he did this to me. You can do your investigation, but I'm not pressing charges and lives Like, okay, well if you change your mind, like we did get the rape kit done, and Luna is like, I don't know if you understand, but like this whole brand is dependent on women wanting to be me, and like rape doesn't fit into that picture. So at the Precinct, Live is filling in Careesi that this guy's name is Bobby Frost, Stanford frat boy a decade in Silicon Valley before he became the CFO of We Be Well. He's got a DUI and a divorce with mutual DV allegations, which pensant Rollins goes nothing worse than a typical congressman, which is a sad commentary on United States politics. The security camera has him entering her suite and exiting thirty four minutes later. Her talk screen shows high love of alcohol, marijuana, and adderall. So that's probably where the coked out thing I got. Trauma and seamen were found not inconsistent with assault, but Cariesy's like, also not inconsistent with rough sex if he gets a good lawyer. Her assistant, Sequoia, was an outcry witness. Let's talk to her, and let's talk to Bobby. So now we're at the office of Bobby Frost, which I'm realizing is Robert Frost, and two roads diverged in a wood and this man took the road with the fleece vest and he is wearing one of those and it's the wrong road. He is very Silicon Valley douche bro. He's talking to Rollins and Benson and being like, yeah, I mean it's always hard to say no to Luna. And they're like, so you had sex, and he's like, yeah, totally consensual.
Speaker 3: Why what is she saying? And he goes.
Speaker 1: Right after we finished, Sequoia walked in and she freaked out, and then he spills the tea. Sequoia and Luna are involved, and Luna can't admit that she was cheating on Sequoia when she walked in on them, and so she's making this whole thing up to.
Speaker 3: Cover it up to her girlfriend. The names are really hard.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, Sequoia, Luna, these are very people working at a wellness company. And he goes full confession, Luna and I used to be involved.
Speaker 1: I broke it off. The sex was against our HR policy, he says. Smash cut to a few months later, Luna is a proud pan sexual with a hot new twenty five year old assistant. He bumps her up to CLO, which is chief listening officer, and that's this scene ends on that note of ridiculousness. And by the way, this guy playing Bobby is named Stark Sands. He is a Broadway guy. He was Tony nominated for Kinky Boots, and he's a producer O Lost Boys.
Speaker 3: He's a coched h Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't know if he's in anything currently, but he's been in a ton of Broadway stuff. Now Kat is getting Sequoya's story. She goes, I walked in. He was on top of her.
Speaker 2: Luna saw me, screamed for help, and then he ran out, and Luna said that he assaulted her.
Speaker 3: And then they're like, well.
Speaker 1: Bobby told that you guys are lovers, and she goes, yeah, did he also tell you that it makes him furious. He claims that it's an hr issue, but it's really his toxic ego. He hates that I make her happy when he couldn't. This is a mess, Like this whole thing is feeling very messy right now. So now at Luna's massive loft, like the biggest loft I've ever seen on the show.
Speaker 3: Everything's white.
Speaker 1: It's like there's some color in like glass chandeliers and stuff like that. She says she didn't mention Sequoya because she wanted to protect her.
Speaker 2: She can't believe Bobby's lying about this, and Live goes, well, that's what rapists do, girl, Like come on, and like she's like, well, he knows I won't fuck up. I think Norm MacDonald when he did Comedians in Cars, he has this funny thing where he goes, you know, you'll talk to people about Bill Cosby and they say, you know, the hypocrisy is the worst part, but I think it's the rape.
Speaker 3: It's just so good, so good, so good.
Speaker 1: Okay, So but she's like, he knows I won't fuck up the IPO, and Benson's like, listen, there's no stigma in coming forward. It could be Yeah, it could be empowering, even heroic. And then she looks at Benson and she goes survival takes strength and like.
Speaker 2: A very strange yeah what I mean, like that you have this SVW detective.
Speaker 3: We learn all this and now you've been attacked.
Speaker 2: It's exactly exactly like the It's almost like setting up a scene.
Speaker 3: They're setting something up. Yeah, this this all could have just happened.
Speaker 1: And then they call SVU instead of like her meeting this woman the night that she gets raped, you know what I mean. That's where it's like tough, but also like the episode has very like a very good plot. I'm not gonna give it away right now, but like it starts now with me being like is she lying? Like I can't tell if she's lying or not because she's this actor, like her person she has such a persona, you know. So anyway, the cops walk into Frankie and Johnny's steakhouse, not a real place. Benson and Rowlins walk in and call Bobby's name and he goes in the middle of a meal here, and it's like, can you just imagine being able to act like detectives walking into a restaurant and calling you by name that you could just go, I'm eating.
Speaker 3: Can you not like?
Speaker 1: I just I feel like, even if I knew I did nothing wrong, if they walked in and they were like Kara clank, my stomach would sink into my buttthole and I would be like, I'm dead.
Speaker 3: I'm going to jail.
Speaker 1: Like these men just are like I'm eating, Like our oysters aren't here yet, What the fuck is wrong with you? But Bobby is sitting there with Melanie the COO and this other guy and we haven't met him yet, but we will. And I don't know if they're arresting him, but they say they just want to talk. Bobby spills more tea than even he'd like that he didn't even tell them before, and he's like, I didn't tell you before, but guess what she's robbing the company blind. I confronted her about it and that's why she's crying rape. And Benson's like, get your ass out of the steakhouse, and she still takes him off. So walking into cement room bars with Bobby and his lawyer Bobby goes, by the way, she's not Luna Prosada from Dairy, She's Lri was new Ski from Hackensack, and I grew up next door to that town and it is pronounced dari Anne. But also Hackensack gets a bad rap. I think it's just like it sounds gross, it sounds terrible, like it's a perfect punchline town. But like, remember his name was Carl Parsley when I met him, was doing something in Hackensack, you know, like everything is like, do you want to go back to selling piano key neckties in Hackensack? Like everything is bad about Hackensack. No offense if you're from Hackensack. And Rollins points out, well, okay, like it's not a crime to change your name, and he goes, no, that's fair enough.
Speaker 3: But it's her whole persona.
Speaker 1: It's a tell she like created her whole persona as a sales tool, and it worked until the IPO where we started finding some shit out. At first, it was just like expenses were exorbitant, spat trips for research. But then I dug deeper and she's embezzling on a massive scale, and they're like okay, but you didn't report that to the DA or the sec or mention it when we talked to you earlier. And lawyer argues, his only crime is putting the concern for his company over himself. And if this gets out, the IPO is fucked. Thousands of jobs will be gone, and she's forcing my hand. So they're like, okay, So what happened that night? He goes, I showed her my spreadsheets. I told her she could reimburse the company and we could paper it over. She responded by seducing me, taking off my clothes and getting down on her knees. Then she pulled me into He goes, like that contraption she calls a bed, and then it was her a hotel room. So I don't know that she like designed the bed, but and he goes, we were going at it when Sequoya walked in, and then Luna pushed me off and cries rape, and Carisi goes, so you're the victim here, and he goes, thank you, me and the company too. And so back at Luna's apartment, she is in this thick Fisherman sweater, okay, and she is not happy that he is making this shit up. Like, She's like, this is pathological. Maybe it's neurological. Maybe his frontal low of the shot, which I think is like a reference to but Benson was saying about how we processed trauma in our frontal lobes or whatever. Benson calmly tells her, well, Bobby says he has evidence, and she goes, well, he can't have evidence. We be well, is my child, it's my life. I don't know where I end and where it begins. And Benson goes, okay, but we do have to check out what he's saying. And she goes okay, good, and then you'll see I didn't do this, and in the meantime you'll arrest him. And Benson's like, actually, babe, the DA says we got to hold off, and Luna's like.
Speaker 2: This is psychotic. I gotta go fire him.
Speaker 1: And Benson's like, you can't have any contact with him, you can't strengthen his hand. So Luna's not feeling good right now about this RELEASEY now is talking to the chief tech officer. His name is Venet, and they're talking to him about expenses. He looks very confused and he's like, what I sign a lot of big expenditures like and Rollin's like, how about this one for eight hundred thousand dollars that actually was paid to a vendor that doesn't exist. It's a shell company and when we go after the money, it disappears into a Caribbean LLC. And the guy's like, I'm not laundering money, and he goes, it was Luna who submitted the bill, and they're like, you didn't ask what it was for six figure checks, no questions, and they're like, he goes, she made it clear it was not my concern, and he goes, she's starting a charitable foundation. She mentioned moving money around for tax purposes. She said it was all on the up and up, and she's the boss, and he goes the tech officer before me, she fired him because she didn't like the color of his aura. So he's just signing checks and watching his ass. So now they're chatting with Melanie and she is in the lab in front of a wall of beautiful bottles of potions and such. We did ask Samantha Mathis about the beautiful potion wall when we interviewed.
Speaker 3: Her episode sixty eight.
Speaker 1: As I said earlier, I did have the number correct, and she's like, wow, so Venay said, Luna's diverting funds. Well, you can't say no to Luna, and Rollins is like, well, you're the CEO, you're the COO. Isn't it your job to keep her in line? And she goes, she's the majority shareholder. The board is made up of her rich girlfriends. It's her world. And then they ask about all these checks deposit to Tisa Chi. There's eleven checks for nine thousand dollars each, and Melanie tells them that Tisa worked in creative and Luna told me they were consulting fees. So Kat and Rollins go talk to Tisa cheap and she goes, well, I left weebe well a few months ago. And they're like, but you're still consulting, right, and she goes no, I mean yes, And they're like, which is it, bitch. We've got eleven checks for nine k to you, all just below what's reportable to the IRS.
Speaker 3: That's called structuring.
Speaker 1: Again, Rollins knows a lot about financial crimes and Tisa goes, well, I signed an NDA. I can't talk about Luna or the company. And Rollins is like, you're looking at serious charges that NDIA is not going to save you, Like NDAs cannot prevent you, I think, from talking about stuff that's illegal, Like we've talked about that on this podcast, Like you aren't allowed to talk about things that you've seen or done it like a job, but you can't. It doesn't prevent you from like telling the police that you that something illegal happened. So anyway, what were those payments for? And she goes, oh, they were to keep me quiet. And she said about what and they were like about Luna sexually assaulting me?
Speaker 3: Done? Done.
Speaker 1: So now Tisa is in woodroom lines telling her story. She's like, we were at a retreat in Lake George, which is gorgeous by the way I've been. They don't usually invite her level, but Luna asked for her specifically. The second night, Luna invited her to her private cabin. I thought it was a group thing, but it was just her. She offered me tequila and then she wanted me to try out this new product, Vibrildo, which is a vibrator dildo, and she wanted me to use it on myself in front of her. It's just a bad name, that's all. I have nothing against a vibrating dildo. It's just that's a bad name, a vibrildo. She wanted to use me to use it on myself in front of her, and Tisa goes no, and then Luna was like, okay, let's try out the bondage tape and then she fully tied her up and then forced her like now that she's tied up and restrained, she used the device on her and put it inside of her, and Benson is on the other side of the fishbowl glass and she does not look pleased. So top of AAC three and Luna is in cement room bars with her defense attorney, Dara mcglauney aka friend of the pod Malsa Macar we love her. And they're subtly asking Luna about Tisa and the company retreat and her lawyer is like, cut to the chase, you said new allegations. Benson tells them straight up what Tisa's had happened, and Luna is incredulous. They show her, like the apology email that she wrote Tisa, and she goes, that sounds like me, but I never wrote that, and they're like, what about the eleven payments the nda. She goes, I've never seen any of this, Benson tells her, well, that's not what Melanie the COO says, and the lawyer's like, we need time to go over these documents, and Benson's like, yeah, you do. And so now we're in the office of Vanessa Hadid, who I would say is one of my bottom five recording characters, Like I hate Khadid, like I hate her. She's the fucking worst, even though she's not even that bad in this episode, I hate her. Hadid and Careesi are talking to the tech dude Vena, and he's like, Luna's not the easiest person to work for, but I believe in the company, like I won't damage the IPO. And they tell him, well, you're going down for fraud and money laundering and he's like, I was just doing my job. But Creasey points out traditionally that's not a great excuse for breaking the laws her, like, that's not going to work out, Like just following orders, that's not really worked out for a lot of people. Hadid's like, cough up Luna's criminal acts. Now we cut to Melanie being like an offshore LLC. Well, I'd have to dig a little bit, but I'm sure it's for tax reasons. I can tell she's up to something because she's acting a little bit too what. I'm the CEO, but I don't know what's going on. And Hidid's like, bitch, I was in white collar crimes, like this is Red Flag City and Creasey's like, yeah, offshore LLC's usually mean embezzlement, drug running, or money laundering, which kink is yours, and she's like, none of them. I tried to tell Luna it would look bad, but she stopped listening to me, and she's like, we've been friends for a long time. You know, while her star rows, her celebrity friends. She let it all go to her head and she goes like my mother used to say, you climb too fast and you wind up gasping for air. It feels like something you would embroider on a throw pillow.
Speaker 2: I guess, yeah, but it's like terrible advice, Like yeah, why would a mom say that to her kid?
Speaker 3: What does it mean?
Speaker 2: Like, don't be too successful, You're gonna be a dumb bitch, Like yeah, if you rise.
Speaker 1: To fame too quickly, you'll suffocate and die. Like yeah, I don't really know what it means. I mean yeah, yeah, I don't. I'm not into it. But at Luna's apartment, she's in a cozy heather gray cashmere lounge set and she's they're telling her that they have to arrest her for embezzlement, money laundering, and sexual assault. And she's like, but I didn't do any of those things. You need to help me, And Benson's like, call your lawyer and have her meet you at Central Booking, and outside of Booking there is a massive crowd of reporters, Like everybody's screaming questions at her flashbulbs. People are screaming calling her a rapist. She's putting on sunglasses. In court now, she pleads not guilty. Careesi asks for amand due to her access to resources and a private jet, and her lawyer argues that, I mean, she is a potential rape victim. I just don't think asking for remand is like a good idea. But her lawyer argues, she won't flee, like you could give her an inkle monitor, do you know what I mean? Her lawyer argues, she won't flee, she wants to stay and fight these ridiculous charges, and the judge goes, well, we take sexual assault very seriously, and bail is denied and Luna's like, you can't do this to me. There's been a horrible mistake. And when the uniformed officers try to take her away, she's like, don't touch me. She's like actually freaking out and like you can see feel like a meltdown building in her.
Speaker 3: So now it's ladies night inside the precinct.
Speaker 1: Rollins, Benson and to me and are talking about how the media love tearing Luna to shreds. They're like, they're not even giving her the grace they would give a male serial predator right now.
Speaker 3: And Rollins is like, yeah, you know.
Speaker 1: And Rollins, who's not into Luna's entire thing, like her entire wellness bullshit, is like, I still don't get why you would make up a rape allegation when you had all this to hide. It's kind of like when we say why are you going on The Real Housewives when you're committing elder abuse and fraud? Like you know what I mean, Like you have these illegal things you've been doing and you're putting yourself in the spotlight.
Speaker 3: It does don't really make sense.
Speaker 1: And Benson's like, well, I'm not so sure that part was made up, and Benson's like, none of this makes sense to me. Meanwhile, on the TV, Bobby, Melanie, and Bennet are like seated in a row at a press briefing announcing that Luna is out as the CEO and Melanie is taking her place, and Bobby is taking the time to say, even though Luna made these false allegations against me, I'm going to fight for we be well, and it's going to be smooth sailing from now on, just so everybody knows. Benson gets a call that Luna wants to talk. Now they're at at the jail, the prison. I don't really know the difference. I don't know the difference here, and Luna's in an orange jumpsuit and is describing how she was assaulted by the inmates at the prison, how they held her. Now, yeah, they held her down and said now you can feel like what getting raped by a woman feels like. And she looks like terrified, and she goes but maybe they were right, like maybe I'm guilty. There's no other explanation, and they're like, so you're changing your plea and the lawyer goes against my advice, and she like, I just can't go through a trial.
Speaker 3: I want this to be over.
Speaker 1: And so they're like, are you saying that you did embezzle from we be Well and that you assaulted Tisa? And she goes, I'm saying, I can't remember. Like at first, I thought they're setting me up, but then I read your emails and your documents and it sounds like me, and it's got to be me.
Speaker 2: Increase. He's like, okay, you, but.
Speaker 1: If you're gonna change your plead it guilty, you gotta admit guilt. And she goes, so I have to swear to crimes that I don't remember and have no awareness of. And she's having a full break down. She goes, have I lost my mind? I've got to be crazy. That's the only thing that makes any sense. And then she starts cackling. She lets out this weird scream. Everyone at the table looks disturbed. She says, as a woman, I always thought I gotta be strong. I can get on top of things. I can take control. I've always been about empowering women. We can overcome we're women, we're women. I can't overcome this. I feel like I've been betrayed by my mind. I think I'm going insane, and then she slams on the table. Benson's like, Okay, we got to get this bitch to a doctor. Luna's maniacally laughing sobbing alternately alternately. As they lead her out of the room, Cariesie wonders if she's going for a site defense and Benson goes, no, I think she's trying to figure out what the fuck is going on here. She spent her entire career empowering women and now she falls apart like either she has got a split personality, which Carisi goes not likely, or her employees are framing her and she's going nuts because she's being gaslighted. So this is very interesting to me because this episode really does explain what gaslating is. Benson walks into her office and tells Kat that Luna's still under observation in the psyche word. Kat may have found something to this conspiracy theory. She dug up the info on the corporate retreat in Lake George, and she confirms that Luna was in a suite with Sequoia, not in a cabin. There are also zero texts or calls between Luna and Tisa the entire time or maybe ever and there's tons between Tisa and Venay. The tech CEO Rollins goes, I've been going through the emails and a lot of them sound like Luna, but some of them have phrases that are more male and aggressive then Luna's ide elect and I'm like, back in, this is what I was saying, Like, well, we talked about this on a Patreon, but like back in the day they would bring in an expert on language to like analyze these emails, and now they're like, I don't think we have time to shoot that, and we don't have the money to pay somebody to have like an under five here, so let's just bring in Rollin's and make her an expert in dialect and like language.
Speaker 2: Well, they're also trying to like set up this smart like that she's like smart. Yeah, like that she's along right, and that's she's not smart, but she is smart. But for her to be really good at tech, no financial crimes, no the mind of a serial killer, Like she knows psychology, she also knows like dialect and like linguistics.
Speaker 3: It's just very confusing to me.
Speaker 1: Plus all her sports knowledge, it's just like too much to be in one woman's head and she shows all these emails and there's these phrases where she says where like there's phrases like keep my powder dry. Cut to the chase red Ocean, and Cat's like, what's red ocean? And it reminds me of the phrase blue sky, which is of very like people are always like in a blue sky world. It is like a thing I learned from like bosses, when I worked in more corporate environments, I would always say, Okay, what's the blue sky here? Like, so red ohen like, you're I think your perfect vision, like in your perfect vision, like in the perfect version of this, and red Ocehit I think is.
Speaker 3: Like rough waters, like not good. This is not looking good.
Speaker 1: And so he's realiss like it's an MBA phrase and he uses it a lot.
Speaker 3: Bobby uses it a lot.
Speaker 2: So this is all pointing back to Bobby now and they're like, but it's still not enough.
Speaker 1: It's just an alternate theory, and Hadid is going to fucking hate it. Cut to Hadeid hating it, and she's like, this is just insanely elaborate, like can't Luna just be great? Crazy and guilty, and Benson points out. Listen, bitch guilty. People mitigate, they deny, they blame others, they don't blame themselves, and think they're losing their mind. Cariese confirms that Luna's not faking this, and Hideed says, well, we're.
Speaker 2: Not dropping the charges. In fact, we're moving forward with the prosecution prep all four accuses for grand jury and Cariese's like, why so they nail down their stories and get immunity, And Hadid's like, well, if they're gonna lie, I want them on the record right now.
Speaker 1: They think they've gotten away with it, let's not tip our hand. Basically, so Benson's on board. She's like, okay, let's start with Tisa. There's no way she's the mastermind behind all this. So now Hadid and CARESI.
Speaker 2: Wow, she got nothing from the Women's Empowerment Yeah, conference.
Speaker 1: So yeah, why couldn't any woman be a mastermind? You have to say that every woman has a mastermind inside of them, even though I myself just said that there's no way Brolins has knowledge of all these very specific subjects.
Speaker 3: Now, Hadeid in Karesa.
Speaker 2: I just watched an interview with Penelope Cruz. I think she's promoting a movie that people seem to like the invite, but they were like, what's your fun hobby or think you're obsessed with that? No one would know, and she said, for the past twelve years, she reads med's school textbooks every night.
Speaker 3: Whoa, she like loves it.
Speaker 2: She's like, I'm reading about the endocrine system right now.
Speaker 3: She's just like she just loves it. And she just reads medical textbooks every night.
Speaker 1: Wow, Penelope Cruz pre met love it. So now Hadida and CARIESI have Tissa in an empty courtroom prepping her. She seems extremely nervous. She's hesitant when they say, wow, yeah, Luna could go to prison for years, and she's like, wow, years, okay, and then they ask her to say what happened, but they bump on the cabin thing. They're like, here's the problem, babe, the cabin. She never had a cabin and she's like, oh, okay. Well, well then they're like, well, how were you invited there? They're like, well, she called me and they're like that's weird too, babe. There's no record of her calling you. And she's like, oh, she texts it. Yeah, there's zero text between you two but we also checked your phone and there are no text with Luna, but a ton with Venet. She's like, we're coworkers. It's like, do you call your other coworkers at two am? So if you tell this story to the granjury, you'll be looking at seven years for perjury. And Cariese's like, I think you're a good who maybe got talked to saying some shit that you know is wrong. She starts crying, immediately spills and she goes, that's right. It wasn't my idea, it was Vene. He said, wouldn't go to trial. He said Luna was crazy and that we needed to save the company. So now I mean still like a pretty fucked up Uh. To save the company, I just need you to pretend you were raped by the boss.
Speaker 3: Like that's a little wild.
Speaker 1: But now talking to Luna in the psych word with her lawyer and they're like, so you're telling me Tissa admitted that she made it up because she was having an affair with Vena and he talked her into it. And Venet is denying it, they said, and Miglannie the lawyer is like, so what's going on here? And Benson drops the bomb that they think that Vnay, Bobby, and Melanie have all been conspiring to frame Luna for embezzlement and assault. She's like, so I never wrote the emails and they're like, yeah, we're assuming Venet accessed your account. So she goes my passwords would be very hard to hack. They're very complicated, and Rollins goes first pet and the street you grew up on, and Luna's like, fuck, but also so it includes my home phone number from when I was a kid, and that was onlisted. Only a few friends knew it, and she's realizing, and then she goes Pinky and they're like, who the fuck is Pinky? And she's like, Pinky is Melanie's nickname from when we were kids. We went to summer camp together. And they're like, why didn't you mention that. She's like, it was a lifetime ago. I'm not Lauri from Hackensack anymore. I evolved and they're like, is it possible that you evolved but Melanie didn't. So now we've got Melanie and cement room bars and she's going, oh, yeah, I mean Luna and I were friends a long time ago. That doesn't mean I hacked her talked to Ana, and they're like, oh, well, we're talking to him and his girlfriend, Tisa, and Melanie's like, Tisa is his girlfriend, he's married, Like, I'm really not buying her shit. But then they go, well, maybe that's why Tisa gave him up. She didn't want to go down for a fake rape accusation that you guys pressured her into. And Melanie denies it. She's like, and her lawyer goes, what exactly do you have on my client? And Benson explains the conspiracy with Bobby and Benata frame Luna and to rape her, and Melanie goes, no, that was never part of the plan, and Crisy said, well, if you help plan a rape, you're just as guilty as the rapist, and her lawyer whispers something in her ear, and then she goes, Bobby told me that never happened and that Luna made it up. But when I saw the results of the rape kit, he said it was consensual. Melanie's basically like fucking Bobby. He never got over Luna dumping his ass. And she said, I had nothing to do with the rape. Everything else was to protect the company. We knew she was going to drive us off a Cliff with an HR lawsuit the FDA. She has no boundaries. It's all about her all the time. Have Bobby and Vana cooperated yet? And the lawyer asks, and he goes. So we get the cheese, and Carisy goes the whole wheel, and Benson says to Melanie, he has to cut you a deal.
Speaker 2: But if it were up to me, how could you do that to another woman? And she goes, she spent her whole life doing that to other women. We didn't have a lot growing up, and one Christmas, my father got me a gold heart necklace. I knew I shouldn't, but I wore it to camp and then one day it disappeared.
Speaker 3: I was wrecked.
Speaker 1: Was just obviously reminded me of an actual kleptomaniac that we had at our camp who stole everybody's everything and we found it all rolled up in her tent flaps at the end of the summer.
Speaker 3: Anyway, the next summer, she goes, I was wrecked.
Speaker 1: I lied to my parents and said I was like over it, but I was so heartbroken that I lost the necklace. And the next summer who shows up wearing the necklace but Lorie. She denied it. She said it was hers, but that she could that I could borrow it sometime. So she spent her entire life doing this to me, stealing what's mine and then acting gracious and letting me have just a little bit back. It's a crazy kind of gaslighting. And Benson goes, so you gaslighted her right back? We be, well, was my idea? I made the business plan. Luna is gorgeous, charming, radiant. I just wanted her to say she was sorry. I just wanted her to give me my necklace back. So wee b well, was your idea, they say, But whose idea was it to take it back from Luna?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 1: Cut to Bobby, and I do keep accidentally writing Booby when I'm writing his name, and I kind of think of bits.
Speaker 2: Also sitting at a dinner with investors, and he's telling them it's going to be a blue ocean. Everyone a blue oce, and Luna was the problem, and removing her front was the action.
Speaker 3: The success is the result. Calm blue ocean now.
Speaker 1: And Rollins and Timine approach to arrest him, and he wants to call his lawyer, and Ronin goes, keep your powder dry. You can call her on the way downtown. So now we're at Luna's apartment and Benson is explaining that Bobby took a plea he'll do seven years, been a will do five And she goes and my old friend Melanie, And Benson goes, there was no case without her. So she walks and you know, for the men, it was just about the money, but for her, and Luna goes, I could have been a better friend. I've been thinking about it. When you arrested me, I thought it was karma. I've burned a lot of bridges. Hell, I burned my whole house down, and Benson goes, well, you know what happens when your house burns down. You get a clear view of the sky, and Luna like smiles at her with that same kind of like showman smile that she had during the conference at the beginning, and goes, you mind if I steal that, and then they just kind of look at each other and that's dick o.
Speaker 3: Baby learned nothing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I mean it is like this is one of the most interesting like episodes about gaslighting. They literally just gaslight her ass until she literally almost went crazy, but also their antics also they this man raped her and then the antics got her sent to prison where she was sexually assaulted again. So I think the they went much too far.
Speaker 3: But yeah, this episode is wild.
Speaker 2: It's a good one. Yeah, yes, for you just killing it non stop, non stop. But to be like everything's byve take from people like need to be a better friend and then then go.
Speaker 3: Mind if I steal that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you kind of wonder if she's good, if she's learned anything.
Speaker 3: I mean, she's gonna have elet trauma.
Speaker 2: Right, she's been raped a few times and gas lip by everyone around her.
Speaker 3: She'll probably never trust anyone, to.
Speaker 2: Trust anyone again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like insane. It's a good hypnotherapist.
Speaker 2: So this is the Simona Samasar and Jerry ram Rattan case, which reminds me of what is it?
Speaker 3: What's the racketan? Oh? Racketin? Is that what it is?
Speaker 2: But what is that material where it's like a material in between the wood? I don't know, Oh oh, oh Rattan. Rattan, yeaht Racketan is like a website, website where you can like pay for like where you can get money for shopping or something. Yeah, Rattan, that's not his name, but I kept thinking about it. Ramarratan so Simona and Jerry. So Jerry raped Simona and then framed her for a series of crimes that never took place, which landed her in jail for seven months.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, it's crazy.
Speaker 2: So Simona owned a restaurant and ram Ratan first entered in two thousand and six and introduce himself as a detective for the Brooklyn DA's office. He had a gun, badge, bull approofvests, handcuffs like, he had all this stuff. And then he had a friend like called George Tara at the Brooklyn DIA's office, and he introduced him like, oh, that's my boss, and he acted like a regular whenever she brought him there. And she did hear George and Jerry talk about under cover jobs in Sunset Park at the Sweet Cherry Strip club, and she would drop him off at like various precincts, and half of his phone book was other cops, you know, but he was just kind of pretending to work with them.
Speaker 3: He was not a cop.
Speaker 2: He had a prior robbery conviction and then became a longtime confidential informant for the law enforcement and he did paid and not paid work for them, so he did know them. He was a regular, but he was not a cop, not a detective, nothing. He did some like PI work, but he's just a fucking informant because he got caught. She was a single mother and former Morgan Stanley analyst, and she was charmed by him, even though she did sense something was up right.
Speaker 3: She's like, something's not ripe, but what are you gonna do? Sometimes they dated. They dated.
Speaker 2: He would carry her a gun around and would show up to her home and invite it to family functions.
Speaker 3: Weird.
Speaker 2: He also lied and said he was from Guyana like her, but he was really from Trinidad. So there were bad vibes. But they still dated. And then March eighth, two thousand and nine, he was at her house. They got into a dispute and she demanded that he leave, so instead he taped her mouth shut with duct tape, dragged her into the basement, and raped her. He then held her captive for hours, and during that time he ordered Chinese food, watched TV, put a gun to his own head.
Speaker 3: And this was like even.
Speaker 2: Before raping her, so like taped her, kept her up, you know, captive, did all these weird things and then raped her, and then Oxygen Network reported that she's quoted explaining her attack like I'm trying to fight him off, but I can't and I can't breathe, and I really felt like I was going to pass out. Then after his rape, he starts to cry and apologize and said, I'm so sorry. I never meant for this to happen, And that's what the New York Times. Then he left Simona, and then she showered, made a cup of tea and called nine to one to one and in the in the nine one one recording, and they played that in court. You could tell she was like her voice was hoarse, she was faint and agitated. He then did turn himself in after the police issued a warrant for his arrest, but he was free on bond.
Speaker 3: Remember that.
Speaker 2: So then when she refused to drop the rape charges against him, he decided to concoct an elaborate frame up with his skills as a former you know, private detective or whatnot, whatever his job was. So the New York Times calls it straight out of a Law and Order episode, but he said he used CSI for his inspiration. So he did watch a lot of CSI and procedurals. And so a little more than a year after she accused Ramartan of rape, she was pulled over by police and handcuffed and thrown in jail. Her bail was set at one million dollars what and she couldn't afford it, so she remained in jail. So he got like fucking bond and bail for his rape. He had rape charges. Let they let his ass out. She yeah, hers was one million dollar bail, But what's the charge? They don't and she doesn't know. No, no, I'll get into it. Oh, I'll definitely get into all of that. And so and with she had an iron clad alibi. So basically he like set her up as all of these robberies and paid witnesses to say that she did it and that she was dressed as a cop and came to their door and then robbed them. And so she paid off three people to do this. But she had an iron clad alibi. So one of these bogus robberies they tried to get her on she was at a casino. There's security footage at Mohegan's son where she's there. But they were like, oh, it's blurry, so that's not nothing kept her in jail.
Speaker 3: She didn't see her daughter for seven months. Her mother got sick.
Speaker 2: During this time, her house went into foreclosure, she lost her business. So he walked free after raping her, and she sits in jail and she's like all hope was lost. But then one of the people, like an informant, went to the police and explained that the alleged crimes never took place. So basically, during the trial, these three witnesses testified that he staged fake crime scenes and convinced them to make false reports to the police that Sumasar had impersonated a policewoman and robbed them at gunpoint. He showed them photos of her so they could pick her out from a lineup. And then Ramarton pled not guilty to all charges, tons of charges, rape, perjury, conspiracy, faced more than twenty five years in prison. And then boy mameler Shirley Ramarton told The New York Times, my son is innocent. Women like him, women like him too much. It's all about jealousy, clearly, clearly, yeah. But there was physical evidence and an expert from the NYPDESFI that a fingerprint was found on duct tape in her house. Following the attack, and then November twenty eleven, she took the stand at the State Supreme Court in Queens and while she testified, this guy was muttering under his breath and smirking and like she's wiping away tears. She's so upset, and he's like, doesn't give a fuck, He's so cocky. And then the jury deliberated for a day and a half. They found him guilty on more than ten charges. Yes, yeah, So during her impact statement, she called him a sociopath, according to CBS News, and said he was a sinister manipulator, diabolical coniver, and an evil and vindictive schemer. You made sure I was left with nothing when you were done, because you're evil. I don't even have words for you. I know that you're pure evil and you're a sociopath and you need help. So he was found guilty on rape, perjury, conspiracy, tampering with a witness, falsely reporting an incident. He was sentenced on January fourth of the following year to the max thirty two years behind bars.
Speaker 3: All right, and.
Speaker 2: Then after being sentenced, according to the New York Post, boo, but he said he's not done with her yet, I'm not done.
Speaker 3: I'm not done, they say.
Speaker 2: He raged inside the queen Court, like in the in the court at room, he said this like in Queen's coming down to screaming, and then a New York prosecutor is quoted in CNN saying that it was one of the most bizarre cases his office has ever seen. He gave an exclusive jailhouse interview to ABC seven News in January twenty twelve and said, if I'm a schemer and a liar, why did they allow me to do all these those cases? Then it's like, honey, do you think the cops have any morals? Like are you out of your mind? It's like so crazy. If I'm a schemer and a liar, why would the police even work with me and put me on those cases? And it's like they're using you because they knew you were a criminal, Yeah, and you owed them, so whatever. Other and then other people were charged in the scheme to frame the innocent woman as well, So good Terrell Laval and Loz Johnson were charged with perjury. The third person I couldn't find their name, but like all three were charged in like helping the scheme. And then Sumasar did sue the NYPD after losing her home and job and time with her daughter, and so the city settled for an undisclosed amount, and like, the defendants settled their claims for two million dollars, so she got two million? Yeah, but then what's the undisclosed? Like, I don't really understand what, so I guess two million?
Speaker 1: Oh the maybe it's the county gave like versus the city versus like what NYPD gave her.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, so the county gave her two million and then undisclosed for them.
Speaker 1: But I hope the NYPD gave her like another five She fucking deserves all of it.
Speaker 3: That's yeah, fucking awful.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just hope her and her daughter are living, Like, did you find the uniform that she wore for fake? Do you have any pictures like besides these random three people that came out of the woodwork and said, oh, yeah, she did this, like I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's weird, and it was, and she had an alibi, so it's like, what the fuck?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Moleaguan Sun too, I've been there. Damn Well, thanks for hooking into this one. I didn't know about this case. This is why, but.
Speaker 2: It is it's so wild and that's why, like you think about us to you and all this, and it's like, yeah, it's real life. And for those seven months he probably thought he was like such a fucking genius that he was, like I framed her, I did it. She's out of my life, like I beat this rape charge and I framed her, Like oh my god, wow, I'm so I hope that guy fucking rots.
Speaker 1: All right, well, we have an incredible interview coming up, so don't go anywhere, okay. Our guest today is an actor who has worked predominantly in film. She's had main roles in movies like Man on Fire, Silent Hill, High Art, Olympus, Has Fallen and many others. But you know her today as the morally dubious wellness brand SHEEO Luna Prasada. Please enjoy our chat with the wonderful Roder Mitchell.
Speaker 3: Was this an offer? I'm assuming they just came.
Speaker 5: To you, you know they did. And I was in Australia and I had just finally booked a holiday to Byron Bay. And to be honest, like I said, I'm sort of out of like what is going on? So my manager had passed away this is my manager I had had for many, many years, and I was in this new relationship with the new manager, like very recently, and they rang and they said, well, there's this opportunity. Do you want to go like tomorrow is.
Speaker 2: That New York?
Speaker 5: And you're gonna hate this. I was like no. I was thinking, no, you're gonna hate this. But I was like, well, if they'll double the money, Oh my god, this is so honest. And then he did. I was like, my god, what a great manager.
Speaker 3: Yeah, do ask for what you want.
Speaker 5: But then I was on the plane like the next day. So that was the holiday gone, and I was on set like upon landing, like I went to costume for like twenty minutes, and then I was in that courtroom scene by a boom, and I was like, inventing this character on the fly, And I think you have like a week to shoot. I don't know, has anyone confirmed that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, usually it's like day something.
Speaker 5: Yeah. So I got into the hotel room, of course, and I was totally jet lagged. But it also gave me the opportunity to just sit there and like, you know, watch talk show hosts and get a sense of you know, the character could be so I was sort of inventing it as it was happening, and I think I made I watched it last night just to get on doing that.
Speaker 2: A lot of people come on and are like, I don't remember anything really and I haven't seen any years what I did.
Speaker 5: And then I watched to see if it was a popular episode, and it was like, no, not, but I thought it was. You know. I think I made some bold, broad choices which I had to sort of make quickly, and I just went for it and that's the results of it.
Speaker 2: Now we love this episode because it also after watching so many svus, you can kind of get what's happening, and this one was surprising and shocking throughout the whole thing.
Speaker 3: Like when you read the script, was it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know what? And I was so out of it, like you're gonna again, You're gonna be so we're gonna love it. I was like, this is so zeitgeisty. Oh my god, it's so like on the moment because it was a whole me too moment, and and then I didn't realize that, yeah, twenty years of the show, it's always about a rape, Like that whole point of this show. It's always about like these kinds of issues. So that was like, oh, I was figuring that out. But honestly, at the time we were shooting, Carvey Weinstein was on trial. Uh, Gwyneth Paltrow had put her a vagina candle out into the world, So this was all kind of the context of conversations on set and what was happening. So it seemed just like a very relevant exploration of that moment. And the character, you know, is a flawed character. In the end, she kind of reviews her own perspective on things, you know, and justice is served, thank god.
Speaker 1: But also, I think what's so cool about this episode two is the way that they use gaslighting, because I think like gaslighting was sort of coming into the consciousness as like it's obviously been around in literature and things like that for decades, but yeah, you know, with people using it more in the zeitgeist, as you say, like yeah, to really hit home like this is what it is like convincing someone that they are basically going insane, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and your jet lag.
Speaker 2: Must have helped your performance, as like I was like, this woman is losing it.
Speaker 5: I just went for it. But I don't think I was planning that it just sort of like just was like happening in the scene and I like to just I actually like to be free like that.
Speaker 1: It was so like the way you were like laughing but then also would like scream randomly.
Speaker 5: Yeah, kind of crazy, like yeah fun.
Speaker 2: I thought also though that you played like the funny bits at the beginning, really funny, like just the like the character that's like it is Gwyneth Paltrow, but you're like a little bit thirstier than her, you know, like she's a little bit like because she comes from Hollywood, so she's very like you were sort of like Gwyneth Paltrow mixed with like an influencer.
Speaker 3: I would say, like, yeah, influencers are like you guys are gonna love it, you know, like just.
Speaker 5: And it was it was, it was intense. And then you know who I was also watching. You're not gonna like this either, Oprah.
Speaker 2: Oprah, Oh, we love everything that you're saying.
Speaker 5: That's cool, No, because she's a real performer, and you know, I hadn't watched a lot of Oprah before I like locked myself in that hotel room and I was like, Wow, she's amazing. But she performs and she hams it up for her audience.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and she like dictates culture, I mean book clubs, like products like to get on an Oprah list or be chosen by Oprah was a really big deal.
Speaker 5: Yeah, totally. And it's it's marketing as well.
Speaker 3: Well. We also love that she was like, well, what was the town Hackensack? We love that.
Speaker 1: Oh that her name is really laur was new Skill from Hackensack.
Speaker 2: Like that's like the funniest little detail on the writers.
Speaker 5: You know how, and certain things kind of convince you to do things like oh you think, oh yeah, oh that that fits somehow with some aspect in my life. Like my mom's also got a few different names over the years, you know, because of her spiritual journeys and other journeys. Anyway, So one of her names with all her Italian friends was Luna. I'm like, oh, Luna, Luna Persada, Okay.
Speaker 3: This is the sign, you know totally.
Speaker 5: So little things like that kind of peak one's interest. Wait, did you.
Speaker 1: Do you remember your wardrobe? Because they had you in some really beautiful clothes. I feel like, and remember like at one point you're in this like cashmir like match set, and.
Speaker 3: Then they come to basically tell you that you're under arrest.
Speaker 1: And it's very it's just like a juxtaposition of you going from like cozy comfort, huge white loft, like.
Speaker 5: The true jump suit, like you're in jail, you get of my mom like there's nothing like a cashmere jumpsuit. My mom's like eighty something and she's just entered the age carrot and I bought her a Kashmir jumpsuit and for a week she didn't take this thing off because because first thing, you feel quite like, you know, glamorous in your Kashmir. But then you're so comfortable. You know, it's like the most comfortable thing you can wear. So you're right, Yeah, to be dragged out of the cocoon.
Speaker 2: Of your cashmere or your cashmere cocoon straight to jail.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's great to jail. And then and I think I was even Adelais being some dialogue in Yeah, that's the thing you could when you've had like two minutes to learn the script, you're allowed to improv. They give you that liberty, and normally on television they do not.
Speaker 1: That's so interesting because we've well I think we've heard more of it when it was the Maloney years.
Speaker 3: When it was.
Speaker 1: Christopher Maloney was on the show as well. Yeah, the first twelve seasons, people would say, he really doesn't like it when people improvise.
Speaker 3: He's like sticked to what's on the script.
Speaker 1: But you're in season here, so by season twenty one, they're letting people loosen up a little bit.
Speaker 6: Well, I remember, like I got dragged off and my character I, for some reason, was screaming out, this isn't justice, this is insanity, you know, as a preude to her insanity.
Speaker 3: Yet her actual insanity.
Speaker 5: But but I did a show where I was the lead, which was like I was like, wow, this is a lot, and they were sticklers for every you know, punctuation, like you really have to kind of like because it's all the timing of the edit. And you know, if there is a space where writers get, you know, the respect that deserve, it's in television more than in film, I think, because in television it's kind of they decide, they're deciding, you know, the showrunner is God really Yeah, So that's the thing because there's so many different directors. The directors are expendable. I shouldn't say that, but you know, the directors and directors are sticking it together, and then someone else is editing it and there's so many different contributors that it falls down ultimately. You know, the writers really kind of hold their ground there about what the show is. Right.
Speaker 2: You mentioned the difference between TV and movies. Do you prefer one or it's like role based?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, role based? Yeah, you know, I should say roll, but I prefer films because there's more time, I guess, and you can and you can you can play with what's acceptable. People are looking to kind of subvert formulas, you know, that's kind of the space and you've got more time. I think television is provides kind of you know, the long format. You get involved with characters, which I think is something pretty special and there's almost something nostalgic about it, you know, like watching shows that you've watched over the years and all of that. It's something pretty special. But to act in them, like to do what Marishika is doing is almost superhuman Like to be able to do that, I don't know how she does it. Like it's a lot of it's a lot of time, but it's a lot of energy to sustain it. And I'm more of like a sprint type person. Like I can like run the hundred meters or something and then I'm like, okay, done for me, you know, just give me time to catch my breath. But that is like it's the long format is like a marathon and imagine it over twenty years or something like that.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I mean total focus. Yeah, they're about to start season twenty eight. It's like, really, oh that's thirty years.
Speaker 5: Incredible. And one of the things I noticed about her, aside from her talent and you know, just the way she holds that character, is how she manages her time. Like she had always fun things to do every night. I was like, how does she have the energy for it? And secondly she's so organized, you know. So that was another impressive thing. And that's something you really do have to protect if you're going to commit two sets sort of long format thing is to protect your personal time.
Speaker 3: But it's important as artists.
Speaker 2: I feel sometimes with work it's like you got to work, work, work, but like people should go to.
Speaker 3: Dinner and go to plays and enjoy things that feed.
Speaker 5: It feeds you, It feeds you, but you can be so exhausted by I mean, imagine that a one woman show. You could be exhausted by the end of that and just go crash out and catch your z's. But I think the inspiration comes from maintaining you know, your own saying you know and what happens in the real world like inspires every day. I guess you can inspire what you're doing on set.
Speaker 1: And you so Wait, So you were on Neighbors in the mid nineties and I spent the summer in Ireland of nineteen ninety two. Were you on Neighbors then? Because I was watching I was watching Neighbors religiously as a as an eleven year old that.
Speaker 5: That show is probably being going on even longer, Right when did it?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's the longest running show in Australia. They canceled it finally after I don't know how much, a long long time, and then they brought it back a year later. So I think they're still shooting Neighbors. This is after they made a big deal of like this is the final episode. We tried to get everybody back, like everybody who's ever acted in Australia has been on Neighbors at some point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we got this nine thousand, three hundred episodes.
Speaker 3: Nine eight hundred episodes, three hundred and sixty three episodes.
Speaker 5: Oh my Godkay, So it was a nightly show, so it went.
Speaker 3: On every every night. Oh my gosh.
Speaker 5: And you understand it was like more popular in England even than in Australia.
Speaker 2: Like these, yeah, that's why I was watching it in Ireland and they were all like, we love this show, like it was this big thing. And then my whole life anytime I was like eleven years old and living on a farm in Ireland and was loving this show Neighbors, and then any time I ever heard of, like when Nicole Kidman came into my consciousness, for example, they were like she was on Neighbors, Like everyone was, that's so cool.
Speaker 5: I love what's his name, Chris Worth? Yeah, like Kyli Minogue of course.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: IMDb has this tidbit about you, and I don't know if it's correct or not because there's a lot of garbage on the Internet, but it says that this fact about you is that Sir mac Jagger persuaded French customs to officials to let you into France to attend the can Film Festival because you forgot to bring your visa.
Speaker 5: I didn't forget excuse me, I did not.
Speaker 3: I'm courting IMDb. I'm courting no.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 5: The reality of the situation is, at that time Australians needed some sort of visa to go to France and Americans didn't. And I was going there to represent high art, I think something like that, and so whoever was putting the trip together didn't factor in that I'd need a visa, so I didn't know either. Anyway, I was somehow It's a twenty four hour flight from Melbourne to to con and you stop off somewhere. So I stopped off in London, and somehow, I think I was sitting next to someone on the plane he was like, oh, you really you don't need a visa, And I'm like what, And so then I thought, well whatever, I'll just go and see what happens. And so then I got there and they literally took me to another room and why we can't let you and you don't have this visa. And it was like a private room and there was like a couple of seats and there was like someone sitting next to me and it was Mick Jagger and he was in there like to avoid paparazzi or something. You know, in between getting on his flight, and so we had a little conversation what was going on and this film was going to screen that evening, and so he advocated on my behalf and explained in French to the customs.
Speaker 3: Of Francis.
Speaker 5: The importance of this situation, and they made a compensation and they let me in.
Speaker 3: Wow, Mick Jagger to the rescue. What a story.
Speaker 5: He's not in Shining Alm.
Speaker 2: Do you have any fun other Hollywood stories like that the top one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, You've worked with like so many huge people, Denzel Washington.
Speaker 5: It's a lot of weird Yeah, like brushes with all kinds of characters that have you know, entered the news somehow, like strange things, like wonderful things like working with amazing actors, and then weird things like you know, I had a dinner party once and someone invited, uh, this guy who was like a cult leader from like the you know that I can't remember you know where they stamped the women? Do you remember that? Yes? Yes, So there was an Australian actress, Bonnie who was a friend of a friend. She's in that documentary. Somehow her husband had directed this movie. What the bleep do we know? Or do you remember this?
Speaker 3: Yes, this is all sounding very familiar.
Speaker 5: I see, I'm just trying to remember it all. But in any case, the offset of it all was that I think the leader was at our dinner party.
Speaker 2: Keith Ornery is his name.
Speaker 5: Either him or just the guy that directed the What the bleep do we know? So anyway, so that they had called my friend later who's female, and were like trying to recruit her to you know, come and hang out. And you know, they were living in a sharehouse in Venice at the time. So that and then another weird thing happened. Sometimes if I'm not in it, Oh, I shouldn't say this, No, I'll say it. I sometimes rent my house out right if I'm not in town, and I won't say how. But anyway, in any case, there was a woman who rented it and she she was renting it like for a photo shoot or something like that, and she and I and she it turns out that she had this. Her website was the the the Armed Meditation or something like this, and uh, do you know about this? No, she was in the news as well as she was like a sex predator that she she had It was like an Orgasmic meditation group that she was running with, like she would have people in Silicon Valley, like three hundred women in a room.
Speaker 3: I've read I've read an article about this woman.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, so she rented the house.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: I did not anticipate so much cult.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, in one house, right, you know what's going on. So I didn't know that obviously, but he was, you know, a time later, she was in the news for what happened. So what that's probably not the kind of story you're.
Speaker 2: Looking at, But no, that's better than our wildest dreams, aren't. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean it's.
Speaker 5: Very it's very Hollywood, strangely extremely Hollywood. There's just so many different kinds of characters from all parts of the world, from all walks of life, and everybody's interested in pushing pushing the culture, like what's the new idea, certainly on the West Side where I've been living, And so you just come across all kinds of characters, some of them genius, some of them just like you know, insane.
Speaker 2: Yes, she was the founder of One Taste. I just found that's it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I remember because it was like she did this like orgasmic meditation and she'd have all these women.
Speaker 3: In her room and yeah and yeah wow, so.
Speaker 5: Be careful, be careful what you invite.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm runting my house out in LA right now to an older couple that gardens, and I'm really hoping that they're not having some kind.
Speaker 5: Of orgast weekend. It's just for a weekend. I mean maybe maybe you'd hope they are.
Speaker 3: You know, do do you feel like you Australia?
Speaker 1: Is this like a stupid question, but like do mosta because like I was at a party once in La that my British friend, she's actually Irish, but she knows all of the British and Irish like comedians and actors. Like at this party, every single person that lived in LA that was British started walking in the door. Is it like that with Australia? Are you like, oh yeah, I sort of know Naomi Watson?
Speaker 5: Yeah, sort you sort of sort of know everybody, okay, sort of No, yeah, I mean not mating each other's pockets, right, Like that was what was interesting about like swinging Safari, like it was a bunch of ex pat Australians you'd been living or with, says coming back to make a film in Australia who all kind of knew each other sort of. Yeah, so that was sort of interesting to share that experience because it is a thing like leaving, leaving the home country to you know, pursue the adventure of it all, a comeback something special. So yeah, on a career side, yeah, I've been able to work with a lot of interesting people and even recently I made a film here which was directed by a woman with kind of action film and I'm like, wow, for my fiftieth oh yeah, for my fiftieth birthday, I was this is separate story, but it was interesting. I was like really not excited about it. Was like felt this obligation to have a party and you know, do all this like be fifty bullshit, and I didn't really want to do it. And then I got a phone call saying do you want to come to London and make this action film with John Hannah? And it was all point of view and suddenly, like unexpectedly we're like running around like doing like stunts, which is just not what you expected fifty but like how great is that? And it was a great sort of like consciousness shift about paradigms and what expectations. So then after that I did another action film with Tim Roth, which is another amazing actor, directed by this woman, and this is out now, so I guess it's relevant that we discussed this seven seven Snipers. So that was a fun experience. And again, it's great to be able to work in Australia. I've been spending quite a bit of time here because it's just personal things and to be able to kind of work with people from other places as well, that that's kind of where you want to sit, where you can sort of bring things where things are from the rest of the world come to Australia and I'll plug something else.
Speaker 3: Well, well, you have a few upcoming on IMDb, so.
Speaker 5: Okay, what else about another thing? Okay, this is interesting too. So I've been sort of lucky enough over the years to work with women directors. And actually, when I just looked at the thing for Swimming with Sharks that somebody Mitchell women directed this episode. We're not cousins. That's just a coincidence. But it's interesting to work with whom because I think they bring, especially in this chapter of Life My Life, they bring a perspective where they represent women in a very authentic way without trying to kind of what I might have experienced earlier in my career was more like, you know, she's like the glamorous, so you know, she's this thing. Part of it is you've got to present a physical image, whereas I think women aren't really concerned with that as much as they are with the energy of the character. And and I think what we are creating, I guess, you know, culturally, you know our space in the world. And I think women directors are very aware of what we're putting in and what we're offering to younger women to kind of see as potential features, and you know, how we're allowed to be. So I think that it's been interesting to be in those kinds of dialogues with female directors. So that was fun with Sandra on Seven Snipers. And then this other project, which is interesting, directed by a woman who hasn't directed before ever, who had had this vision to make this film for I don't know, twenty years, and somehow I got cast in it in her Like Dream project, And it's a movie about this female CEO who inherits this large company that she's been working in for many years and has this sort of this health drama, but more in reality it's more like a psychic drama. And she disengages from this whole sense of identity and life purpose to kind of let it go and get into living in the forest and growing a garden.
Speaker 3: What is this?
Speaker 5: So this movie it's called The Gardener, okay, and it's very it's you know, having grown up in a sort of spiritual environment, it was really kind of an easy fit for me to kind of sit with this movie because it sort of explores all these different aspects of spirituality bit grounding it in the forest and in just getting your hands dirty and growing things. And it felt like it was this Dabney's kind of mission to put this movie out. And she's done and is still in this process of distributing it independently. So there's been these kind of group screenings in different parts of America and then like a I'm sure I'm watching it sort of unfold how it's going to play out. Eventually it stream but she's trying to take ownership of the process of it and how it's distributed, so instead of having the middleman involved, it'll be she'll own the profit of it. Does that make sense?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm looking up if it's in any theaters in New York right now. You're really genre bending. If someone offered you an SVU style job where you would be a detective for twenty seven years, do you think you'd say yes?
Speaker 5: You know, I thought about that on that set because I was like, Wow, how does she do it? You know, if I could do it like her? Yes, yeah, I think it takes it, ye know, but you'd have to have her personality. Yeah, I don't know if it would suit me, I'd probably be dead. But the way she's crafted the whole thing, she's really made it hers and she's the captain of the ship. So as much as there's you know, so many people demanding so much, I think she's made it work for her. And she's you know, in an amazing city. She's got a great personal life, and she's it's sort of a mission project too, you know, the subject is she's going.
Speaker 3: Like a legislature passed with this job.
Speaker 5: Yeah, really like turned it into something. It's quite phenomenal. You know, if she was in England, she'd be like Dame you know, Dame.
Speaker 3: Rishka for sure. Oh my gosh, she was great.
Speaker 2: She was great. I love interesting, cool career. I just love people that work like our job is so cool. Like I love just scrolling through an IMDb and going look at that, Yeah, decades in the bus and she's worked with so many people, and she's she's bouncing from La to Melbourne.
Speaker 3: I like it. It's great.
Speaker 2: And I mean to come with not only Hollywood stories, but like cold Hollywood stories.
Speaker 1: Was kind of a thrill to possibly be at an event with Keith Ranieri. I mean, she's been so close to very very famous mediocrity.
Speaker 3: It's really she was cool. The episode's cool.
Speaker 2: I love that we talked to two actresses that have been in front of those colorful bottles.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, we love a colorful bottle.
Speaker 2: I also love when they're like at the video game convention, all the conventions, and it is like an episode that just shows us that s you can continuously surprise us and take us on journeys throughout episodes constantly like you don't know where the episode's going. It's just like yeah, yeah, and that she was still a dumb bitch at the end.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Can I see that? Like I just love when people don't learn anything, Like I really love that. I love when people don't learn a lesson. Yeah's kind of cool. I mean I think she learned No, I didn't want her to get raped, and that like a lot of this came from like not that anyone deserves this behavior, but like that her best friend from childhood like didn't defend her and was complicit in this takedown of her because she's been so horrible to her whole life, starting from camp, you know. Like, but also, girl, get like some self esteem? Why do you keep hanging out with them? Yes?
Speaker 3: Yes, you know what I mean, Like, don't hang out with people that don't treat you nicely. Yeah, that's like kind of a lesson, but that's hard to learn, you know.
Speaker 2: We all come from I like when we're also watching an episode like this and we're like, we've talked to Samantha Mathis, We've talked to Mousam, Like we've really got we've really knocked everybody out on this episode.
Speaker 3: Yeah, is this the most?
Speaker 2: Is this the episode where we've talked to the most people in one episode? Because we've also talked to Amanda Dollins, Thank you very much, Yes, we have.
Speaker 1: I don't know we have to do that, Like figure out what's our most guests heavy because what was the.
Speaker 3: One we just do do? We have to figure it out.
Speaker 2: I can't believe I'm not hearing these like massive cracks of thunder and lightning, like they're like when you because it's gonna rain here too. Honestly, I hope my whole day gets canceled. I'm not sleeping, my voice is gone. I went to the doctor. I'm gonna go to any NT. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know. And you've already stopped the bad I have not smoked weed now in weeks. Yeah, and while you're all hearing this, I still have it. And people are like, but you're doing edibles, Like, oh, honestly, I haven't. I'm not really interested. I'm not. I'm on zudafed behind the counter.
Speaker 2: I'm taking zudafed since my ears are clogged because of my sore throat.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're just maybe you're just like cleansing from like the weed.
Speaker 2: Oh but I did get a supportive DM from a listener, going, everyone drinks on a moxicillin, You're fine.
Speaker 3: I go, hell, yeah, I tell people that all the time. I go off. You can drink.
Speaker 1: I as your mom said that. I was told, you can drink on antibiotics. It just might make them a little bit less effective, but it's not going to like hurt you.
Speaker 2: I heard the opposite. I heard your body is just so weak and then your liver will fail. But I guess it's worth it to me.
Speaker 1: I don't know about a moxicillin that's like a kid like your liver's like giving out.
Speaker 2: But you know, I guess we have to talk about how much drinking. And it's like I just make such bad decisions. It's like, just stay home one more day, like go home after the play. You don't have to stay out till one thirty. But like, I don't know, I don't know. I only live one life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I get, yes, summer you're in you can do a little winter reset, but it's summer and then fall in New York last three minutes.
Speaker 3: You have to enjoy that too.
Speaker 2: So the doctor today was like, so we're still five to ten drinks a day? I go, sure, a day, I mean a week. Obviously you told them a day and they were like that you leave, But I had like five beers yesterday. Well that's the thing we're all lying to the doctor about how much we're drinking.
Speaker 3: We all we are. I'm sorry, Casey's laughing at me because he knows one of my antibiotics. But I had. I had stella for dinner at my backgammon meet up. No, I told her.
Speaker 2: I go, I've been I go, I've been partaking in summertime. But we could leave it there. But yeah, no, okay.
Speaker 1: A week is also like what if you just go out twice a week and have four drinks.
Speaker 3: That's eight drinks and you only went out twice. I know.
Speaker 2: Oh at Drussian Samovar I had, they have like a borsch Martini.
Speaker 3: It's like a beat Martini. Oh Borstini.
Speaker 2: Oh interesting, I.
Speaker 3: Got it, I got it.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying I think it's a slippery slope and back. I mean, I remember one time in New York. I literally like, turn to someone, I go, I think I've been drinking for sixteen days straight. I have to stop, Like I just you can get caught up in that. But I do think that the guidelines are. My doctor told me I shouldn't be having more than one drink at a sitting.
Speaker 3: I was like, what am I doctor? I can't have two? Yeah, they're just trying to help you live longer, I stronger.
Speaker 2: They're doing their jobs, but it just doesn't feel.
Speaker 3: And I bet they're lying. They're all smoking cigarettes. I know.
Speaker 2: Every doctor. No, they're eating. Anytime I see someone eating an apple in the wild, I go, but that's a doctor. Somebody living an apple a day. Trope loud, I do.
Speaker 3: Have apples in the You know, I'm trying to up my fiber.
Speaker 2: But listen, my doctor. This is the second appointment I've had with her where she is pissed I won't let her do AI and she goes. She goes, well, it'll just be easier for me. I go, I'm morally against it.
Speaker 3: She goes, why.
Speaker 2: I go because the idea of it is theft in and of itself, and it's not accurate and I don't like it. And she goes, well, it's gonna take longer, I'm gonna have to type and I can't really check you out. At the same time, she's like it, just puts it in and then deletes immediately.
Speaker 3: I go, I don't want it, Like, don't ask me yes or name.
Speaker 2: It's not gonna listen and you're not gonna guilt me bitch, are you kidding? And immediately what is she talking about? Doesn't it? I don't think it's accurate. I don't trust it. I don't trust the people that own it. I don't trust any of it. And it is unethical to begin with, so fucking type, bitch, I don't know. Put more time in between your appointments if you're gonna run late for typing, Like how long have you had AI?
Speaker 3: Six months?
Speaker 2: And all of a sudden you can't type if you've been doing for twenty five years. Yeah, you've been typing. Yeah, keep typing. But I wonder if I'm the only person who declines it the way she treats me.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I wonder. I wonder some of our medical people, let us know. Are people declining your AI options?
Speaker 3: Let us know?
Speaker 2: But damn this doctor, you're gonna hit her next time? She better stop. I'm not I just I'm not budging. So it's like, yeah, I'll go to a different I like and write it out in the chart. Write it out in the chart.
Speaker 1: If you don't want to have this argument every time, put it note in the chart. This CLIs patient does not like the AI thing.
Speaker 3: Don't ask.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's get into what would Sister Peg do. This is our weekly segment where we direct you usually towards a book, an article, an organization, something to give you more info about today's episode. But this episode, I'm going to point you to our teacher wish lists that we promote on our Instagram.
Speaker 3: It is getting to be the end of it is.
Speaker 1: It's the end of July and it's getting to be back to school season, and teachers are constantly dipping into their own pockets to provide for their classrooms. We have a ton of educators that listen to our show, so in from like late July to mid August or mid to late August, I usually share on that's messed up, teach your wish lists, and then if you have a couple of extra bucks, if you could just scroll through and donate to some of the wishlests, it's nice, awesome.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So I'm going.
Speaker 1: There's going to be a teacher's highlight on our Instagram page that is going to have all of the wish lists saved up there and you can scroll through see who has a lot of stuff missing or left to be fulfilled, And it also will explain to you teachers, how exactly we need you to post them so that we can share them.
Speaker 2: So go over to our instagram that's messed up pod. Just follow it for fun, but also follow it to get these future wish lists and that's where they will be.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I love that we do that every year. The teachers seem happy.
Speaker 2: It's exciting and you all get involved, and I'm really grateful. Yeah, you're good people, and I like that Tommy's are a nation of edgua.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, Kira, I have a fucking shirt. I have to give hold the hold the phone.
Speaker 2: Okay, So you know, you know the Miranda shirts we got like this, the Dory shirt that was gifted to me. Huh so the girl who saw me in Minneapolis, I have one for you as well.
Speaker 1: Ooh, oh my god. Wait what does it say under stabler Tommy? But I saw that under Marishka.
Speaker 2: I didn't know if it said it under it both say, they both say Tommy, okay, love it say it's it's a tank top and on each boob it's it looks like season one.
Speaker 1: It's season one, Marishka and maybe season one Maloney as well, and it says Tommy underneath love it gorgeous.
Speaker 3: I think it says tommy mommy.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, God, I didn't even know that it says tommy mommy. It says tommy mommy. Even better. Good catch you like good catch eagle ie egle eye. All right, I'm excited to get mine. Okay, yeah, so go yeah. Check out the wish lists when you get a chance. Oh gosh, listen, guys. Oh a posts from teacher whistless to next week's episodes Child's Welfare. Uh Season thirteen, episode sixteen, So get at that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we'll see you guys next week. Bye.
Speaker 2: That's Messed Up as an exactly right production. If you have compliments you'd like to give us or episodes you'd like us to cover, shoot us an email it That's Messed uppod at gmail dot com. Listen to That's Messed Up on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts. Follow the podcast on Instagram at that It's Messed Up pod, and follow us personally at Kara Klank and.
Speaker 3: At glitter Cheese.
Speaker 1: As always, please see our show notes for sources and more information.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much to our senior producer, Casey O'Brien and our associate producer, Christina Chamberlain.
Speaker 1: And to our mixer John Bradley and our guest booker Patrick Cottner. And to Henry Kaperski for our theme song and Carly Geen Andrews for our artwork. Thank you to our executive producers Georgia hard Start, Karen Kilgarriff, Daniel Kramer and everybody at Exactly Right Media.
Speaker 3: Dun Dun