Speaker 1: What do you call two guys that were there win?
Speaker 2: This happened back to return at Spurlock Michael Spurlock of the cham He's to the twenty, He's to the twenty five.
Speaker 1: Parlo thirty to the forty yard line.
Speaker 2: We could see history fifty forty come the thirty yard light.
Speaker 1: Michael run, Michael Luck.
Speaker 2: Michael run, touchdown, Tampa Bay.
Speaker 1: There you go in.
Speaker 2: That shot gun sends wee receivers left. Here's the staff of the glitzer has picked up Brady Unity.
Speaker 1: Caught ball ups. He has the record at the eleven yard line.
Speaker 2: Mike Evins becomes the first NFL player in lead history to record a thousand yards of more of this first seventh seasons that.
Speaker 1: Want to throw by Brady.
Speaker 2: Congratulations Mike Evens, who can forget.
Speaker 1: Gann looking gat holds up the hats the other side.
Speaker 2: Derek Bucks thirty touchdown Tampa Bay. Derek Brooks the host paluable player in the National Football League.
Speaker 1: There it is Dot Daggers in We're gonna win the super Bowl. Here's the snap. Mahomes running to his right. Lookout he may run.
Speaker 2: Mahomes director now battle inner seven.
Speaker 1: Picked over the ins on Fox. I gotta beat the Chiefs. We're the chapters of the world that we still have. I'm inn a thirty three Togo Davin White. What a great second season.
Speaker 2: If that's it for Casey, Fox are the super Bowl champs.
Speaker 1: They can't stop the plot. We call them the Salty Dogs. Welcome everybody to the Salty Dogs Podcast. I am Scott Smith, I am Jeff Ryan. We are the Salty Dogs.
Speaker 3: Very salty right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's getting hard not to be well, six out of seven losses.
Speaker 3: I'm frustrated because I think this is a pretty decent football team. And I'm frustrated because the players are there and unfortunately, whatever the reason is, don't know what it is, because if they knew, they'd fix.
Speaker 1: It, right.
Speaker 3: But it's the play one or two. But that's the game.
Speaker 1: The reason it's frustrating to me is that each almost every game, I'm seeing some bit of progress. Yes, that makes me think, Okay, this team's turning the corner. Yes, but it doesn't add up to a win now. As an example, in this last game, the running game worked over one hundred yards and exactly a hunter for Rashad six point six yards per carry, five explosive plays, which is ten or more yards, and that's what you want. And that's by far, that's the most we've had an ending game this year. You could tell by the fact that we're averaging about twenty four point three carries per game that even when it's not working, they are going to stick with the plan to have a balanced offense. It makes sense. So you would think that when that offense, when that rushing attack then actually also works, it would really open things up, right, And yet we still only had about three hundred yards and twenty points.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you know, I, I imagine you know, Buck fans are frustrated and you and I right now are a little salty about this. Is imagine Todd Bowles right now where he where, and I understand what he says. When when you know, they practice, they see it and then something goes wrong, that for him, that has got.
Speaker 1: To be like, Yeah, Baker said a lot of the same things after the game he did, where he's like, we I believe in this team and we can do this, but we just keep not making the plays we're supposed to make. Yeah, on game day.
Speaker 3: And you see the play developing, you go, oh my goodness. And then and then whatever for whatever reason in this.
Speaker 1: Game, the really bad one was the Trey Palmer.
Speaker 3: Yes, which you would think, you know, if you're going to him, he's made some phenomenal.
Speaker 1: He's had a couple drops, he's made some unbelievable catches. Yep. I think that's just something that he's working through as a rookie. I think his future is very bright. But that one hurt a lot because not only did that was at least going to be a first down well into their territory, and just from the way that play looked, he might have broken it the whole way.
Speaker 3: I don't know the way I looked at that play, he'd still be running right now. So I mean no, I thought that was a touchdown. I really did.
Speaker 1: And it was one of Baker's best throws of the game. I mean truly on the money and a laser and.
Speaker 3: And and so you you say, okay, well that's that's only one. You get one interception, So you're thinking, okay, they come in bunches, and sure enough, and the guy that you think has the most sure hands ever who makes the big play, our buddy and Twine win Jor he got hit.
Speaker 1: Ye. It's not like it was just straight drop. He got it and then he got blown up. Right. Yeah, So I don't know if I'd have to look closely to see if you.
Speaker 3: But he's so great, I just I just expect him to, uh to make that.
Speaker 1: I think he's one of the best. I'm three or four players on the team.
Speaker 3: I'm sure he laid his head down on his pillow and he's still feeling it.
Speaker 1: You know that hit?
Speaker 3: Get that hit, and I should have held.
Speaker 1: On to it. Yeah, you always want it, even if it's defensible, but you always want it. You wish you had it back.
Speaker 3: But then they get another I n T. So they come in bunches.
Speaker 1: Yeah they did? You mean they would have they would they did not? Well, they got two, right, they would have had three? Correct? Wait?
Speaker 3: What, Well didn't Carlton Davis have one?
Speaker 1: Yeah? So they had one? Was that fumble? Was it? One? Takeaway? That was it? Really? Yeah? And then the Colts had two because they got one interception and then the fumble with the strip sack at the end.
Speaker 3: So the first one was Carlton Davis's bick. Okay, for some reason I was thinking that was later on do you see what movies on my TV there dumb and dumber. No, oh, I don't know.
Speaker 1: This is a classic.
Speaker 3: Oh, Tommy boy, there you go. All right, thank you, pees. I'll give you a story.
Speaker 1: Your firearms were useless against them. I'll give you a story.
Speaker 3: What's his name?
Speaker 1: Chris Farley?
Speaker 3: Farley in Chicago during the bye week in Chicago was coming out of where he's going into the John Hancock Building. Yeah, and he come out. He came out the door.
Speaker 1: He was just like, what year was this?
Speaker 3: Because gosh, this had to be good.
Speaker 1: The part of the end of this movie happens in Chicago, and I'm pretty sure you can see the Handcock Tower.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I want to say, I want to say it was ninety it was in the mid nineties.
Speaker 1: What if he was there filming this movie?
Speaker 3: Maybe, But it was really funny. It was like, holy smokes, that's him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, you say some things while I'm gonna look at me. Do you remember remember say some things so that the podcast doesn't stop while I went I AMDB.
Speaker 3: You do know that I am the master control of editing, So you can pause and no one will know.
Speaker 1: That we're starting. But I like it to be natural, and then you would be you would they go, wow, it came out in ninety five, Joe.
Speaker 3: Okay, see, so there you go. It is in that time.
Speaker 1: But they were probably mean they were filming it in ninety four. Yeah it was.
Speaker 3: It was wintertime though, but dude.
Speaker 1: You might have that might have been while they were filming this movie. Now, crazy, isn't it. That's cool?
Speaker 3: Every time I see him, I think, I I always remember, and you know, it's crazy about it. It was cold and he came out. He was just sweating bullets. Yeah, and we know why.
Speaker 1: But that's a whole other story. So here's here's the thing with this game. It started out as about as good as you could want. The Bucks have not scored a touchdown on their opening possession all year, and I'm like, okay, this is the time. Yep, We've got it right there. Moved right down the field with little issue. First and goal at the one, First and goal at the one. Yeah, quarterback sneak not only doesn't work, but it gets Baker injured.
Speaker 3: Well, you gets need he twisted in the ankle.
Speaker 1: I don't know it maybe got need in the ankle, but that would be work. A lot of folks.
Speaker 3: I heard different people say, oh what are you doing a quarterback sneak at that point? I don't mind the call, and you know I don't. I thought it was a good call.
Speaker 1: You can't start judging the calls based on the outcome. You ever listened to sports talk, But Jeff, everybody does quarterback sneaks. It's not and Baker's a tough guy. Anything can happen. He could have been rolling out, he could have backed, he could have dropped back to pass and got blindside sacked and got hurt. That's true. You can't. Everybody wants to be as good as the Eagles at this quarterback sneak. But then you do it and the guy gets hurt, and especially because it's first down, so you still have two more tras. Now he gets hurt and it has to come out, and we get a and then we get a false star penalty and you're back at the six, so you can't just you know, the next run was rushad and he got like three yards, but that wasn't all that helpful for one second and goal from the six and then kind of just barely miss trust you didn't quite hook up with God in the qualitians, So now you only get three points out of first and goal at the one, which is terrible, right, you committed a penalty, which was the main reason that happened. Correct, Then they score the next seventeen points. Yeah, And I just think that not scoring a touchdown there completely changed the momentum.
Speaker 3: I totally agree, totally agree. It's just and it and it lit up the crowd in India.
Speaker 1: And then they got and then the Bucks got back into it. Yeah, you know, thanks to Baker and Mike Evans, and they got back into it. But by that point they had dug you know, it was a fourteen point hole. That's hard to dig out of that. That's the difference. I've seen teams that would never come back into it and they keep fighting. We've seen teams exactly and they fight. And this team it does not just stop.
Speaker 3: I mean they may make the mistakes, but they don't stop, which is you know, that's a big plus.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, yeah, that's going to be helpful when when and if it all comes together so close, still had the ball with about two minutes left. Yes, a chance to go down and tire or if you go for two, maybe win and the strip sack happens.
Speaker 3: But the other side was you had an opportunity to score a touchdown, and you had to set up for three points because you needed to scores. So yeah, and you had to score the touchdown there. Then you're only fighting for a field goal rather than a touch and you might be doing it differently. And so we go back to this is a I would say broken record, but they don't have records anymore.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of sayings based on things that aren't don't exist anymore.
Speaker 3: Okay, red zone problems, red zone problem, that's yeah. All I want for Christmas is the red zone problems to disappear. And if you give me an early Christmas present, I'd be very very happy.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you one that did work though, was the one yard touchdown pass to Mike Evans, And you have to we'll have to rewind a bit in a second talk about Payine Durham's catch right before that. But I was looking at for some next G stats to write about and I found that here's a curious note about that Mike Evans touchdown, you know the one I'm talking about, which first and goal from the one his first touchdown, first and goal from the one he ends up Why open in the back left corner. Huh. He had seventeen point one yards of separation from the nearest defender on a play that was first in goal from the one according to next since that's that's the largest amount of separation at the point of a catch for a touchdown pass that's thrown into the end zone since they've been charting this stuff in twenty sixteen.
Speaker 3: And my best Gene decker off voice wide open, Yeah, wide open.
Speaker 1: And if you look at the play you could see why because he's got I think Thomas I think is his name, the safety. He's got him lined up over him. He's in the slot and Payne Durham's split wide and Mike gives him a little inside move at first and then goes out. You know, you saw the routy where the corner, and then Payne Durham did a came up one step and did a very shallow slant that not only drew the defender that was lined up over him, but also which I think was Jalen Johnson, but also that safety that Mike Evans ran. I let Evans go, and so both defenders went after pain Durham, right, And that's why Mike was so freaking wide open.
Speaker 3: Do you remember last salty that's a bust, right, remember last Salty Dogs? I said Mike was gonna have three touchdowns? Did you do you remember that? And you said, wow, if we get three touchdowns and are like yeah, and well we did.
Speaker 1: We needed one more.
Speaker 3: I know I was so close. I was so close. I was thinking that because I made a note. Oh, I can't wait to brag that I said he would get through because we were talking about him climbing up the charts. So how many touchdowns in his career.
Speaker 1: It's interesting to note that Painne Durham was in on that play and he was also the one that made the catch right before then, because coach Balls has been saying since we drafted him that because of his size and hands, he's a good he's a good he should be a good red zone weapon. So when we get down there near the goal and they've been using him.
Speaker 3: All right time on, I want to Okay, we'll finish that thought, and I want to go back to Mike Evans. To Mike Evans, I thought he scored the touchdown on the one catch where he rolled over and they put him down on the one yard line.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was the only catch he had.
Speaker 3: Okay, I would I would no, Mike, oh, Mike Evans. When he made a catch, he went down and and and he didn't hit the ground.
Speaker 1: He rolled on top of the guy before the That was the thing in the first trying. Yeah, and you can't and you and you and they did close. Well, it was close.
Speaker 3: And in fairness, they didn't show the replay in the stadium, so the coaching people couldn't see it. Now the people up in the booth, I will say this, CBS was really slow on the replay because I have a truck feed and I was looking.
Speaker 1: To see, you know, what is it? What is it? What is it?
Speaker 3: And it was very slow in coming down.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But but I want to go I want to go back and look at that because the way he rolled over, it was one of those plays where you're not down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you land on his body, Yeah, you're not down until you're your knee or something touched right around your hand. Yeah, your hand. Can you can put a hand down. Yeah, you can't put an elbow down though.
Speaker 3: But I want to go back and look at that play. But that that would have.
Speaker 1: Been He also thought he caught a pass going the other direction later in the game, Remember he caught it and they called it incompletely right right right here left sideline. Yeah, he kept telling him to throw the flag and replay it. I saw the replay and I didn't think I get his argument. Yes, but I don't think you get that call. If it's called a catch, maybe it stays. But it was called not a catch. It was kind of a bird of manual play. He had the ball, he had the ball before touched the ground right, and then the nose of the ball touched the ground. You can actually do that if it doesn't move in your hands, right. But I don't know if you get that call correct because they called it incomplete. They'll just see they'll see the ball at the ground and go, yeah, not a catch. So I was not surprised we did not throw the flag there. And I can't remember if we was that the driver where we got the fourth and ten nineteen year pastime, Yes, that was quite a place. Yeah, that was great. Was it was a great play. But Baker had some nice throws.
Speaker 3: Right, And that goes back to where you see the team, you know, evolving, doing better and better.
Speaker 1: But it's just it's Baker said something after the game, and my tape recorded to get it really well, but I wanted to what did he say. I'm going to look it up you.
Speaker 3: Because I look at your transcript to see there's a transcript. Was this when he was just talking now this is a this is aum okay because oh no, no, no, Actually it was when he was talking to TJ. Yeah, because I wasn't there for his podium in because the elevators there are so slow, Oh.
Speaker 1: My god, and so I was terrified I didn't have enough time to get up, finish my story and get back down. I'll have an elevator story too, but uh, he said, I can't do it verbatim, and I don't have a transcript of it, right, But it was something to the effect of we had everything out there, we could do anything, Like he said, they had a lot of things that they knew would work. But then how do we end up with like just three hundred yards in twenty points? Right if everything's working correct? And I think there was more to the quote. Was you know, like you know, we just didn't make it happen here or there or whatever paraphrasing. Yeah, But but the the thing about I will say this too about Baker.
Speaker 3: You know, he really smart dude. But win or lose, he'll do one. He's been very gracious and not a lot of quarterbacks standing there and and he talks and he will answer the question, and he's he's pretty honest.
Speaker 1: In this particular case, TJ went up to him in the locker room and we were waiting, but he was talking to Dave Canalis. Yeah and sort of like and.
Speaker 3: TJ and Bag and DJ made the comment that right now he's heard of one of his coaches and we're not going to interrupt that.
Speaker 1: It wasn't a heated conversation or anything, just kind of quietly talking about me. I didn't, but see.
Speaker 3: That's that's a respect factor that we have. When we are permitted into the locker room early, you have to remember that's their their SEU, you know, until the door is totally well.
Speaker 1: He Baker obviously must have agreed before the season that he would do after every game.
Speaker 3: I had a great conver well, we the Salty Dogs, so with him with him, and so that God gave me an opportunity to let him know who I was. And I stopped and I talked to him and I explained to him in the preseason that this is what we would like to do, and we have done it, and.
Speaker 1: He's done it very graciously every time, no matter what the outcome was, and not given t J any kind of like side eye or anything. Just as soon as he's ready, he goes, okay, let's go, and yeah, then he very he does answers every question. Right, I I it's again it. I think the people that listen to this podcast are probably the types of Bucks fans who are willing to give Baker a chance. So I don't think, yeah, there's probably not a lot of people screaming at us right now, but I just I've been so impressed with him overall, and I'm not trying to sugarcoat in now here. We're four and seven. Baker's been good. He hasn't been.
Speaker 3: A superstar, but he hasn't been He's definitely not a reason where for right and I had a conversation with someone they were talking about, oh, you know, I'm tired of his passes getting batted down hand. Well, the dude that was doing it was like six to seven.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's huge.
Speaker 3: I mean, you know it happens, but you know, all quarterbacks are throwing through a lane.
Speaker 1: So I think the person's point is probably the baker six foot even, I think, yeah, well.
Speaker 3: Six one, I think it's which is a.
Speaker 1: Little below average for an NFL quarterbacks. So he may have a harder time potentially getting the ball over the line in certain situations. But I mean, has that really been that big of a problem. Of course, and you don't want any passes battered down, but they happened. Yeah, it's not a chronic issue. No, he's still able to use the middle of the field, which he has done.
Speaker 3: He did so listen, he's a gamer, and and he'll take off and run, which every time he does it, I go.
Speaker 1: But the fact, well, he ran over a guy in his last game. He did.
Speaker 3: And what I what I liked what he said after in the locker room. Someone asked him about out playing with his ankle and everything, and he said, adrenaline is.
Speaker 1: Quite he'd already mentioned the adrenaline uh huh. And then and then something came back to him, says, you were able to you were even able to like roll out and run around and go. Adrenalines quite a drug.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, we were taught it's funny, we were talking about what the difference was going to be with Baker because he wasn't rolling out in the beginning, you know, after he first got hurt, he wasn't rolling out right away. And then as the game was going on, we were thinking.
Speaker 1: Wow, he said it loosened up, and then all of a sudden we were like, boy, you know, this makes a little bit harder because he can't roll out.
Speaker 3: What does he do next play he rolls out? Well, well that answered that question.
Speaker 1: She made a couple of nice rollout plays. I like those plays. I knew that was something that we were going to do with Dave Canlison. That's one of the reasons we liked Baker as a choice to be our next storting quarterback or to come here and compete for the job. Right. We didn't really get back to the pain Durham catch, No, and that's worth highlighting. I think so too. I sorry that I said. According to the NFL Next Gen stats, uh, that play had a twenty five point three percent chance of being completed. When the ball was thrown, I was very concerned it was going to be intercepted. Payne just basically got over the guy and took it away from him, yes, and then kind of spun and lunch towards the goal line. That's a great play man, and that's and that's not a rookie play that's that's a veteran plate. That's just a guy with some specific talents. Yeah, that was pretty impressive playing well. It's not a position we're getting a huge amount out of, but it seems like kit Outen gets one like twenty two to twenty four yard played down the scene in every game he got hit. He had one again this week, ended up with four for forty five, and if you add in pain, that means our Titans gave us five for fifty seven. It doesn't mean they're featured part of the passing attack, but they're doing enough, right. I mean, this game was a lot of Mike Evans. Oh yeah, not much for a shot in the passing game. But he only had two catches, but he was running.
Speaker 3: Well very much, so very much, and there was a question mark on his health.
Speaker 1: So I'd say props to him. We're shot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh yeah, he just had a little bit of a sort of sure, but still, I mean we all say that a little bit of a sort it's not.
Speaker 1: A big deal.
Speaker 3: It's not gonna bother me at all. It's all good to go. But yeah, the frustration of just three more plays you.
Speaker 1: Just yeah, And so you get things that you weren't getting, like a good rushing attack, like great third down defense, two for eleven. Unfortunately after three of those, they got it on fourth down. So it's a tad bit misleading. But good things that have been hurting us before. Can't run the ball, can't stop teams on third down, can't stop third and long. For some reason, all those things were fine, and the third down defense that actually been pretty good, and the third down long problem has gone away for the last four weeks. Over the last four weeks, the Buccaneers are sixth in the league on defense in third down rate allowed. So you get those things resolved, and then you, for the first time all season, you give up a touchdown off of a turnover. Yeah, did you know? That was the first time all year? So Baker through the pick. They got a touchdown on that drive. So one of the most amazing strengths that the Bucks had had through ten games. It's not allowing a single touchdown off turnovers, right, and then that becomes your problem, right, So you just can't put it all together, and you you know the things you have to fix, and you fix some of them, and then something else crops up and.
Speaker 3: There's no answer because if there was, it would be fixed. And it's it's you know, you hear communication, you hear concentration, you hear you know, and it's it's.
Speaker 1: In the game.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's what kind of happens. You know, you're you're gonna have drop balls, you're gonna have off side, you're gonna have However, the one off sides on on Stanny I thought was questionable, but that's just me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which could any of this have to do with the fact that this roster is a lot younger than we've had in recent years. There you go, and it's kind of a transitioning thing. I don't want to talk transition because one game out of first and we can still make.
Speaker 3: The play that was the next thing, the next thing I was going to say, but yes, no, I think that's what happens is everyone forgets that this was supposed to be one of those years and the team is playing. It started out playing really well and then we're struggling. However, the only game. I felt like they weren't totally in it was the Eagles game, but then later on you thought maybe, but.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like the San Francisco. San Francisco doesn't look great, but they were in that game. Yeah. I mean you look, they weren't overwhelmed before correct.
Speaker 3: Correct and and you know, and then you look at the Atlanta game, frustration, the Houston game, frustration Buffalo.
Speaker 1: I mean that you could have won that if Chris turns around one second earlier, right right. That's every team that doesn't win goal. Yes, at the end of the season goes back and can't go back and go, well, if we'd have just done this and this and this, it's you can't. Unfortunately, no, So it really is kind of irrelevant.
Speaker 3: But I do like the fact that that, as you said that the offense is showing promise, things are improving. You're you're starting to see it. It's not as it it's almost there, but it's not. And I think that's what's frustrating the coaches is that it's so close. And hopefully it clicks this Sunday because as you stated previously, of all the craziness one game out.
Speaker 1: I hate saying it too and I really do, because it makes it sound like you're acting like we're not four and seven. Well, I'm just doing the math, I know. But it's like coach Coach Bull said after the game in his press conference, He's like, I don't have it exactly right. But to paraphrases, he was saying, we're only one game out. It feels like we're ten games out us, which it does. It does, and it's not the case. But I guess the flip side of that coin would be, Okay, yeah, you're one game out, but you're four and seven, so you are playing like a four and seven team. So you are not going to mysteriously win your next six games, right unless unless you do. But you can't. We can't stand here and say I know that's going to happen, even though in theory, in quiet moments, if I'm thinking about it and I look at the remaining schedule, it could happen, and I think, I just it's not fair to say this because they beat us. I feel like we're better than Atlanta. Yeah, we can have to prove that Carolina's one in ten. Don't get me wrong, I'm not taking it from last year. Listen, we're not taking them easy, and they I guess we can talk about this now. They fired their head coach, Frank Reiche. That means they've made an in season coaching change for the second year in a row, and for the third time under David Tepper. This time, frank Reich lasted eleven games. I heard something today that it was like the shortest tenure for a head coach in like forty years or something like that. It was he didn't he didn't make it as long as Urban Meyer. Yeah, and I like Frank Reich, Yeah, so do I.
Speaker 3: I'm mister mystified by I mean, I'm not in their building. I don't know, but I don't know. I always ask this question if I'm managing people and I hired someone and it's not working out, I would always ask myself, what was it that made me want to hire this person?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Why did I What was it that I said, Yeah, this is who I wanted? The reason? You know why? Right right? Because they knew they were going to draft a quarterback sure and first overall, or they actually had to make a trade to make that happen. But they were planning to try to get a rookie quarterback huh. And they wanted a coach, a head coach, and then people around him who would be ideal for developing that and on paper it looked like it kind of I always thought it was a bit overhyped. Do you remember in the off seat and this is not Revisions history. You can go ask the PR guys over there. I had this rant multiple times during the summer that this coaching staff in Carolina was being crowned as one of the best coaching staffs of all time. Look this amazing coaching staff they put together. Why Josh McCown had never coached before? Isiro everro great dude who we know from when he was here? And I hope he goes on to have a really and he's still there. I think, yeah, he's still there. But he had been a defensive corner for one year. Yeah, and they did well and din for for about two thirds of that year, right, and then it kind of fell apart at the end. I'm not disagreeing that he's a rising star coach, yes, but how do you call this the best guy? Do you anoint? The staff is so amazing before the season and then in the last eleven games, Josh McCown also got fired. Duce Staley also.
Speaker 3: Go right, which is not unusual because if it's his, you know.
Speaker 1: They were his guys.
Speaker 3: Maybe well, but but you know, they did have a press conference, Uh, the Panthers did.
Speaker 1: The owner did, and yeah, he stood up there and took the questions.
Speaker 3: He did didn't answer anything, but he took the questions. Yeah, that was a good job. I would have done to Right. Well. One of the questions was did you get you know, you know, did you pick the wrong quarterback?
Speaker 1: You know? Yeah?
Speaker 3: And then they were saying, well, who made you know? There there was a report that the owners decided he David decided that who they were going to pick, which if you own the team, I guess you I would have to.
Speaker 1: I guess you have that proof. Yet these are reports. Yeah. Now, if right and Frank comes out now and says I didn't want him, I wanted to Stroud, then we'll have some I don't see from doing that. I don't either. He did.
Speaker 3: He already did a one on one with the columnist of the Charlotte Charlotte Observer, and he said that his personal relationship with the ownership is strong and he understood he's sorry he didn't get a longer piece of time, but he's not.
Speaker 1: You know, but I wouldn't go out burning bridges either. No, I was saying it would be interesting if he did.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well, I find it also interesting is that depending on how his contracts are written, he's collecting money from the Colts and from the Panthers, and they're both guaranteed. So the question is, is your contract guaranteed no matter whether you work or not, or it's guaranteed unless you get another job.
Speaker 1: So it probably wage. Yeah. Either the Colts probably were not on the hook for a lot he got signed by. Once he got hired by the Panthers, he probably an offset language depends.
Speaker 3: Yes, Sometimes sometimes those contracts do, sometimes they don't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, but either way, I think most teams are interested in getting offset language for.
Speaker 3: High dollars or a coach and you know, and for Frank, he was, you know, the first quarterback for the Carolina Panthers when they were an expansion team, and uh, you know, it's kind of like full circle coming back. Yep, Kerry Collins replaced him like three four games in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they drafted Carry Collins, but he was he got the first I believe or four starts. Yeah, he was so kind of like often your dropping football knowledge that I don't know he's.
Speaker 3: Uh, he's gone full circle. But I you know, I I understand beyond full circle. Now, Yeah, I understand that the frustration of you know, you're one in ten, you're gonna make a change. I just don't know if it makes great sense to make it in the middle of the season. The only thing I can think of is that if there's so much cormorial in uh, internally that you have to make a move like that, and you don't know unless you're there, so and I'm not and you're not.
Speaker 1: No, that's true.
Speaker 3: And so now they become this, do this? Does the Carolina Panthers rarely around like the Raiders did?
Speaker 1: Coach?
Speaker 3: Yes, you know, you get that.
Speaker 1: I wish they hadn't done this right before us, because yeah, that's what Rondi said today. That would galvanize them. That was a good word. The Raiders won their first two games after Josh mcdamm's right, we're a little bit of the difference there, because it became clear from a lot of Raiders players comments afterwards that they hated Josh. Yeah, whether I doubt that's the way they filmed out. Frank Raich, No, and I did like what Todd had to say, It don't matter, you know what.
Speaker 3: We need to take care of our business. We take care of our business. It doesn't matter what you do, you know, And you have to go into those you know. It's like you said, whether you're you know, one in ten and or ten and one. We have to make sure we play our game. If we do our business, doesn't matter what you do. If we do our business.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, that's what both coaches think. Is that always it's true? Probably in this case? Is that always true if you have a team, If you're the Arizona Cardinals and you're about to play the Philadelphia Eagles this year, Yeah, and you go, we don't care about them as long as we'll be fine if we do take care of ourselves. Is that really true? Well, if is Carolina's best effort, I mean, is Arizona's best effort going to beat Philadelphia's best effort?
Speaker 3: That I don't know, but I will say their best effort beat the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 1: They're still crazy. Yeah, so so yeah, I mean, and Carolina's one win came against Houston right, whose hot quarterback. Yeah, was their last loss until last week, which they that was a great game.
Speaker 3: And they lost it the last few seconds because fifty eight or fifty nine yard field goal didn't make it.
Speaker 1: So Yeah, and yet Philadelphia can hit a fifty nine yard field goal in the rain in overtime. They scored.
Speaker 3: They scored like twenty one points or something, you know, in the fourth quarter on something crazy, I mean, or twenty it was.
Speaker 1: It was something crazy. Isn't it crazy that, speaking of crazy, that we are not knocked off our chairs anymore by like a fifty eight or a fifty nine yeard field goal. No.
Speaker 3: In fact, if you don't make it, what is wrong with you?
Speaker 1: I wouldn't go that far. I'm saying, when a guy lines up for like a fifty one yarder, uh huh, you now expect him to make it right, right, you're surprised when he doesn't make it. I don't expect a guy to make a fifty nine yarder, uh huh. But I'm not surprised, right. I mean Matt Gay he hit the upright right on a fifty eight yard trap yep this week, But that ball would have been good from sixty five if it was down the middle.
Speaker 3: He was kicking those during warm ups. So guys, you're watching that.
Speaker 1: So guys, you know, fifty nine yarder in the rain, you have to have it to force overtime, and he makes it. That's still a pretty amazing feat. But we're all like, hey, fifty nine yars field goal. I've seen it, sayes, I seen it. Yeah, and they're done that.
Speaker 3: You know, the winds blowing, it's cold, it's you know.
Speaker 1: To last year, the Bucks played the Panthers two games. It was their second game until they fired Matt Ruhle. I think they had just traded Christian McCaffrey and we're starting PJ. Walker at quarterback and we're I think, kind of banged up. And I remember being on your pregame radio show before then and trying to try to talk about it like it wasn't a foe gone conclusion. Right. We were three and three, they were one and five. We still had Tom Brady, they were starting PJ. Walker, and they just kicked our asses. Yeah, I remember he one to three.
Speaker 3: I think I remember talking to Carolina Radio and they were all going, this is going to be a blowout, this is going to be a blowout, and I'm not I don't think so.
Speaker 1: And they were right. They were right. It was a blowout.
Speaker 3: This is the wrong side.
Speaker 1: So you can't take this team lightly. And now again they're coming off a change a coach. Will they rally around him. I think it's a little different than the last year because I think it was more like Josh mcdown's. I don't think Matt Rule was particularly well liked in the building, and so they did like Steve Wilkes. So when he got shot.
Speaker 3: They und he won five out of six games, something like.
Speaker 1: They won six of their last eleven. Yeah, so there you go. So it's just it's amazing. Well they went six and six overall with Steve Wilkes as the head coach, but they didn't weren't interested in keeping him.
Speaker 3: You know, it feels like it's been a long time since we played at Raymond James Stadium.
Speaker 1: It just feels like we played there once in the last five weeks, and we're gonna play there one time and then we're on the road again for two weeks, six six row games and then eight weeks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is this is this is you know, weird, very strange, but you got to win your games at home, and we won the last one at home.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Pretty, it would be very nice to get it again. And then, as the way the stars have been aligning, the Buccaneers, if they can pull off a win and then Atlanta and New Orleans looses, it's a three way tie in the NFC.
Speaker 1: Atlanta is at the Jets this week. Obviously the Jets have had their struggles, but they still have a great defense to you never know. New Orleans is at home but has a tough draw. Who they have the Detroit Lions. Oh yeah, and they stumbled on Thanksgiving. H that's a good team. That's a good team. What was I gonna say before we stop? The Panthers and head coach thing I have. I just laugh when I see these articles about and sometimes it's just headlines and I don't even read them because I don't want to the fact that the Panthers have fired head coaches in the middle of the season two straight years and have gone through I think six coaches under their new owner, They're like, who's going to want to coach there? Who's who's going to take that head coaching job? I go, give me a break. If you're saying, hey, Sean Payton's available and he can pick and choose Bill Belichick, an established coach. Yeah, yeah, I get it. They might go No, I'm gonna wait for the for the next opportunity. Everybody else that gets hired as like a coordinator, like the Eagles, both their coordinators got hired after last year. Yeah, those guys aren't gonna turn down the job. It's your chance to be a head coach in the NFL, and by the way, probably make about five million dollars a year.
Speaker 3: And what's even better is there's no place to go but up, so you can.
Speaker 1: Be a hero. If if any team is gonna pay me twenty five million dollars over five years to be a coach of a football team, I'm taking that job because those contracts are guaranteed. J C.
Speaker 3: The rumor that Greg Olsen wants to he'd be interested in being the head coach the tight end the former Bucks offensive coordinator, No, the tight end announcer for following.
Speaker 1: He'd be interested in the Panthers job. Yeah. Yeah, I think Greg Olsen is a sharp guy, and I also think he's pretty good on broadcasts. Right, But who is that really the route you want to go. I don't know. I don't know. They're going to want somebody, just like they did a year ago. If you take a quarterback with the first pick in the draft, every other decision you make for several years is based on maximizing that decision. Yes, and you traded away a draft pick to move up. Oh, they traded away several draft picks. My friend, Chicago is all excited, right, they got it. They got a two this year. I don't know who they used it on. Chicago. They got a one from Chico. They gave up Chicago one next year, which right now would be the first pick in the draft. Yeah, that's a hard go, right Yeah. I think they also got like a two and twenty twenty five. So it's good news, bad news. The Bears have got a first round pick. The bad news, Oh no, what do we do with the pick? Says the Chicago Bears. If they have the first overall pick, they're taking a quarterback.
Speaker 3: You think you think they're going to give up on Justin Fields.
Speaker 1: I don't know if it even called given up. It's just like, can you can you do that? Can? If you have the first pick in this draft, which has two very highly regarded quarterback prospects. Can you really justify saying we're not gonna do that, We're gonna try one more year because you don't know when you're gonna be in that position. Again, that's true.
Speaker 3: Well, hopefully you're not in the number one pick position, because that means you're losing a lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but in this case, they could be winning and still have the number one pick.
Speaker 3: Well, that's true, that's very and they won last.
Speaker 1: Night that I have never seen so many screen passes in one game month. It was getting to the point where it's saying, like, no way, they're not throwing another screen pass, you know, another screen.
Speaker 3: I don't know if they realize the rules are you can throw it down the field.
Speaker 1: I don't know if it's there yet. Justin Field's finally hit one. I think the DJ more towards the end that put them in a position for the game winning field. But for the most part, it was just an x bus got an ex field goal kicker for the Bucks Cairo Santos. Yes, it's it's funny because the Josh Dobbs story, I mean, they did. Their offense was terrible too, Josh, you know, Josh Dobbs, kirk cousin God's Hurt gets hurt. They trade for Josh Dobbs from the Cardinals. He comes right in and they win a couple of games and he plays really well, and it was like, see, this guy should be a starter in the NFL. It's funny because when it was first there, he didn't know the and so a lot of the players when they start to break down, he just take off and run. It's almost like the fact that he's learning the offense more is making him less effective as a player. I mean, he's obviously a very smart guy. We know all the rocket science stuff. Sure well. One other way that the dismissal of Frank frank Reich could impact this game this weekend is now that Thomas Brown, their first year offensive coordinator, is going to get the play calling duties back.
Speaker 3: Oh that's right, Frank took away from him.
Speaker 1: He Frank had it, then gave it to him for three games, and then a couple of weeks ago took it back. But now it will go. But they've said it's going to go back to Thomas Rombi because the head coach was the former special teams quarters and Jack Codwell is he's as senior advisor, so he'll be and he's had he has head coaching experience, Yeah, with Indian Detroit. Uh So that's another way that it affects the game that's a little more concrete than whether or not they'll get this uh new coach bounce or not. All right, what again next? I don't know. Well, this is completely out of order compared to what we were talking about. But that was an interesting defensive lineup that we started with because we'd been wondering if if Yaya Diabi was going to get more and more playing time and thought that there were some rumors going around here that he was going to start this game, which would probably be him starting over Joe try On Shayenka. But he did start the game, but so did Joe. We started with three outside linebackers on the field and Yah yah was I think he was. I'm not saying he was playing defensive tackle, but he wasn't on the edge. Barrett and Joe Tryon were still on the edge. He was a little bit more towards the middle, which is an indication that he's kind of a versatile player, and I know he's strong and good against the run. But more telling than the fact that he was on the field was that he played the most snaps of all the outside linebackers, more than Shack quite a bit more and Joe. Actually Anthony Nelson played more than Joe. He played the most. So it's just come to the point where they're like, we can't. We got to put him on the field. He just makes impact plays. He didn't have. I can't think of a big Yaya moment in this game. Did he have a couple of sacks? No, that was two games ago. Klijah Cantsey had a sack, and so did Joe. Joe came around got him. So between Kellijah and Yah, yeah, one of those guys is making an impact player to every single game.
Speaker 3: Speaking of sacks, Baker Mayfield, I think he got hit they six.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I didn't even realize that until I was looking at the stat sheet and I'm like.
Speaker 1: Oh geez, this is right along the lines of what I was talking about earlier, where problems are getting fixed and then other ones are crying out. Last week against Tennessee his Forte not Tennessee San fran the four times he got sacked was the most he'd been sacked in the game all season and now this now it's sicks. He's been sacked thirteen times in the last three games. Before that, the Bucks were like second in the league in sex allowed for past playing. Now we're down to like fifth, and now that's a problem. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't know if Tristan's one hundred percent, So there's that and that that makes a big difference. But I would just happen to think of the durability that that Baker has been showing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well we'll see this week. This will be a test. Oh yeah, because like he said, started felt bad at first, started to loosen up, right, but then you know, everybody knows who's had like especially an ankle injury. Well, sometimes you keep playing and you're fine, and then the game ends, you take the tape off, the adrenaline ebbs and all of a sudden, how oh oh.
Speaker 3: The good news is the MRI proved negative, so that's a pause, so no ligament damage.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that's good. He's very sore. I bet I bet that he's very sore. That's what I'm saying. Oh, okay, yeah, no, I thought you're gonna bet whether he's gonna play or no. No, no, I I am. I just know that.
Speaker 3: It's like anything else, you hurt yourself and that oh I'm okay, and then the next day you go, oh, that's not too bad.
Speaker 1: The third day it's like, holy smokes, I wonder how much swelling he has. I did see him in the building today walking around a little bit, so I'm not gonna say I really paid attention to him. Was walking well, but he didn't. Yeah, he didn't walk. Yeah, you you didn't go I think actually I didn't see. No.
Speaker 3: Usually you notice that even if you're not looking, you notice it.
Speaker 1: What Well, Anyway, if I are a betting man, i'd say he which you're not, and you don't. I'm not because I can't. He probably fights through it, right, Oh yeah, yeah, tap it up. He's gonna he's gonna give it a shot. He's gonna give it a shot.
Speaker 3: I did find it interesting that they had Kyle Trask all the time.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 3: They kept him warmed up on the sideline every time. He was constantly up throwing the ball when when in, which sounds smart, which was very smart. That's what I was saying, is you know, don't wait until you know you need him to come in when you think something.
Speaker 1: Could be be wrong.
Speaker 3: You you know, you keep them ready, so you know, maybe.
Speaker 1: Go back on. Yeah, yeah, because I wasn't done with that. Sorry. And more even than the fact that he played the most snaps there, the Bucks put out their new depth chart. They put a new one out each week and sometimes there's no changes. Quite a few changes this week, and one of them was that Yahya is now listed first, really ahead of Joe yep. See, I didn't when did you let me see this? When did all those highlighted parts are things that changed, which I'll talk about here in a second. All right, So.
Speaker 3: Uh huh, Okay, Ryan Neil's back.
Speaker 1: Huh but that part never changed.
Speaker 3: Okay, the yellow or your orange is well, that's not right, give it back, yeah, explain it, I sees.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well this one is because Kim Jarrett was there and he's on I R. So he's gone. We all know that Aaron Stinny has replaced Matt Feiler as the starting left guard, but now they officially made that move on the depth charge. With David Wells also off and back to the practice squad. They for some reason moved Payne Durham from behind Kokeef to behind Kate Otten, and then they switched the last two running backs, so Seawan Tucker's back to third and Kishon Van is fourth, which makes sense because Shawn's been active the last three games and keisha On is not. Now Sewn hasn't gotten any carries or offensive snaps, but at least he plays on special teams, which is important. I told you we added j J. Russell and Keenan Isaac because they got promoted to the active Roskins past week. But the interesting another interesting one is that they finally Dee Delaney had been listed on one of the corner back lines even though he was primarily playing safety, and Christian Izzien had been listing with the safeties because that's what he was known now in college, but he's been playing nickel corner slot corner, so now they switch them and Christians listed as a cornerback.
Speaker 3: So I you know, I think it's interesting that everybody talked about who's starting, who's starting, and the way we rotate all the time. It just means you're starting, but it's not like back in the day where if you were starting, you were there all the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, there's a lot of rotation here. Yeah, And teams play a lot more nickel too, because they have to because posing off is play a lot more right eleven personnel. But anyway, yeah, yeah, officially, even though they like to call depth charts unofficial, officially listed as the starter. So his great rookie season continues. Do you know what I thought was weird? Did you guys in your radio booth think it was weird? The pace that the Colts went on at the end of the first half, You know what I mean? They got the ball back with what two minutes left, and they just didn't seem to be urged at all.
Speaker 3: And they were getting the ball after the half too, Yeah, so they were Yeah, they had no sense of urgency at that point.
Speaker 1: They got the ball with one forty four left at their twenty.
Speaker 3: And we still could it when we had timeouts and did not call a timeout, wasted.
Speaker 1: Twenty something until there were fourteen seconds left. It was third and ten at the forty seven. They had all three of their timeouts. Yeah, they didn't use any of them. No, I'm sorry, they had only had two, but they had two. Yeah, they snapped. They snapped the first play at one forty four, right, and then the next time they didn't snap it was a sixteen yard run. Didn't even snap the next one until one fifteen. That's twenty nine seconds. The play itself probably took eight seconds. Yeah, and then they didn't snap. Then they snapped again a fifty one converted a second and eight on third down pass. Now they're at their own forty seven and didn't snap again until twenty six seconds. Yeah. The first place started at fifty one, the second one, and they had two time outs left at that point. Yeah. So they got to a point where they had just completed a fourth and three pass to Michael Pittman, but it was there was only two seconds left, right, so they just basically had to try a fifty eight yard field goal. And I didn't know if you guys were talking about that in your booth or not. Yeah, well, we were wondering why they were letting so much clock time go. I mean, I was glad they did. I just didn't get it. Yeah, No, we we did.
Speaker 3: We did, especially the one where it was like twenty nine seconds that they burned for no reason. You can always just snap the spike the ball or just call your time out.
Speaker 1: Us your timeout. So I'm saying, after you've used your timeouts.
Speaker 3: And oh, by the way, their their field goal kickers got a pretty strong leg.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he made the distance that probably would have been good from fifty six because you curved the ball. Yep, yep, he'd goinked it. Yep.
Speaker 3: No question, which was, uh, yeah, I don't know anymore. You know, people get really upset that you go into the half with your with your timeouts, and I understand it. You know, you don't get to carry them over.
Speaker 1: Well, they did use them, they just didn't use them proper enough.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe that's their issue.
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't know if you've heard me. I got on this rant again last week right here around the office. The NFL started a new rule and it's actually only being used for one year and then they'll decide if they want to keep it. That you can, like in college, on a kickoff, you can call for a fair catch inside the twenty.
Speaker 3: Five and get it on the twenty five, get it on twenty five.
Speaker 1: And I was saying, why aren't teams doing.
Speaker 3: That, because I don't think they understand it.
Speaker 1: So the first bucks, first ten games, I'm not one hundred percent sure of this, but my memory is that we did it once and our opponents did it once in ten games. Now, if you take all the teams in the league right now, the average kickoff drive start. Actually this was heading into last weekend, but I doubt it changed much. The average start of a drive after a kickoff was the twenty five point one yard line. You can achieve that just by fair catching it. And then you don't risk out fumble. You don't risk a penalty that makes you start at ten. Yep, you don't risk a crappy return where he stopped at the fifteen. Just take the twenty five yard line. It's funny.
Speaker 3: Gene talked about that a couple of times, like, hey, why aren't we doing this?
Speaker 1: There's been two kickoff returns for touchdowns this entire year. The average kickoff return across the entire NFL is about twenty two yards, So unless you're catching the ball at the ten, you're not getting past the twenty five. Anyway, I get it. If like when we played Houston and dari Ogumbawale had to come in and kick, and at least one of his kickoffs was kind of a line dry, so you figure, okay, I got time to get up some speed here. I get that I'm not saying never returning, right, but almost ever return Just you won't get injured, you won't fumble, you won't get a pillion. It makes you start to ten. You just waste clock time and you'll be right where you would have been anyway.
Speaker 3: Yeah, at the twenty five yard line, and you're saving yourselves.
Speaker 1: Clock time too. I didn't even think, Yeah, there you go, you're welcome. That's my rant. So in this last game we bill each team called one yes, so I'm like, okay, progress, Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: I think it's one of those quirky rules that I don't I just don't think the players remember it well they're I mean.
Speaker 1: You should be reminding out there as you walk out.
Speaker 3: Say oh, by the way, if you're fair catching it.
Speaker 1: If it's if, if it's a high kick, if it's a fair catch catch, because they make the decision, don't don't return it unless it's a low hang time kick, if it's a average, if it's a good hangtime or a great hangtime kick, just call the fair catch.
Speaker 3: What did you think about the almost not fair catch fair catch that everybody wasn't that close. I don't know he was playing with fire. Yeah, because that's a penalty. That's a penalty if you claim fair catch and then and then take the.
Speaker 1: Ball and run. Well, why didn't he get a penalty?
Speaker 3: Then that was why the fans were booing. Yeah, that's why the Colts fans were booing because they.
Speaker 1: Couldn't want to say, hey, I was just running towards the sideline.
Speaker 3: Parent over apparently did. But that was it was. That was a questionable.
Speaker 1: Oh he called it at the last second and then took you Well, no, he he had it like and then he pulled it down and took the ball and ran. Yeah, but he called it, but it was really late.
Speaker 3: It was a question, no question.
Speaker 1: My theory was that he wasn't sure if if they had given him the fair.
Speaker 3: And the fans that's why they were booing and yelling. Yeah, you know, always something.
Speaker 1: Fans always think the call is wrong mis against thirteen.
Speaker 3: Absolutely it is, there's no question. That's that's how it works. So anyways, what else you got.
Speaker 1: Did you see? Well, I guess we could talk about Carolina a little bit.
Speaker 3: Well, we can save that. I want to know your elevator story.
Speaker 1: It's not that great of a story. It's just there's if we've if you've never heard us talk about this before. At a lot of stadiums, there's a certain there are certain elevators where that are. So there's a coach's booth right and half your staff or whatever is up there, and they want those guys to be able to get down quickly to the locker room after the game. So most stadiums will have an elevator to where they've you've got it. You can't get on if you're not a coach. They got it blocked off. They wait for the coaches and they go down. So if you're a media member or something and that's the only elevator, you just have to wait. There was a set of elevators right by the press box, that's what we came up it was, and it also emptied out very close to the locker room, but they were very slow. There's like nine floors and they would commonly stop at all of them. And so I knew of another elevator that was past your radio booth. If you kept going and going almost all the end zone, there was two more elevators down there because they have an auxiliary press box by the end because they had a Super Bowl there, so I'm like, okay, I bet you I could go down there and that'll be faster. So I did, and this is at I left, like two minutes left. I left right after the fumble that ended the game to get down to the locker room in the press conference room. I get there to those two elevators and they're holding one of them for coaches. I don't know why there were coaches down there too, but there were. I guess the panther. I guess the Colts coaches went that way and maybe the Ducks coaches went the other way, so they don't share the elevator. So there was only one elevator, and it took about eight minutes to arrive. And then I get on and it's stopping at every floor. And then we get down like we were on like floor eight, and it stopped at five, and there was one straggler of a coach who hadn't made the original group so was on our elevator and wanted the elevator operator to take it straight down, which she should have, which you're all about, Yeah, that's what I wanted to. And it goes down a fire and then suddenly, for some reason, goes back up a level and opens up again, and there's people at every floor that want to get on, but the were packed so they can't. So that whole ordeal, it probably took me twelve or thirteen minutes to get down to the locker. Yeah, I did make it in time to get to Baker's interview and then the but it was close. Man.
Speaker 3: No, it is uh, that is a very very.
Speaker 1: That is there. It's a hard part of this judge well, trying to get down to the locker room.
Speaker 3: They don't have a lot of a lot unfortunately. Some you know, most of the time it's not just a press elevator. Some stadiums will have just a press elevator, but this particular.
Speaker 1: Thing, it's and everybody elevator.
Speaker 3: Now, there is a freight elevator to the other side, but this is also a suite holder's elevator because it stops at the street level and then and then then the last place you stop is event level, event level, which is under locker rooms underground.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: So yeah, no, that that particular stadium. I've learned to know wet elevators are fast and slow in each stadium. But you're right, it is frustrating and you're just trying to get it done.
Speaker 1: Ours at our Stateium. It's not really that big of a deal because the elevators that the coaches go down are Sweet elevators.
Speaker 3: Yes, and there's six of those.
Speaker 1: And most of the people trying to know there's three.
Speaker 3: Three were the Sweet elevators.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's correct. Think of the lobby. The people that are most of the people that are trying to use those elevators are Sweet holders or people from the with club seats, and they're just as important as anybody else. But they're not necessarily in a huge hurry, right, So it's not that big of a deal if they have to wait a few minutes, whereas if you're trying to get to the locker room or the press comings room sometimes it can be kind of nerve wrecking. I've actually gone down the stairs on the other side of the fact, you really want to go. I didn't enjoy that experience though. Anyway. Uh, yeah, that was That wasn't a great elevator Story's sure. Sure it wasn't the Superdome, No, but it made.
Speaker 3: You think of the Superdome. You longed for the Superdome after that.
Speaker 1: Look at this that I found on the play by play, what's that did? Right here? Look? Look look right here, Fries. Look look at the name above it.
Speaker 3: Oh, French Fries, French Fries.
Speaker 1: That's the Indianapolis Colts. I don't know. Might be pronounced freeze, but with their starting center out the center for the game was Wesley French and the right guard is Will it's spelled Fries. So right here on the play by play, it says French Fries. I told Max that this morning when I discovered it, and it took him two seconds to find a picture of them standing together. Yeah, that's great. Sick it off.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm just I'm just saying that you never can go wrong with French Fries.
Speaker 1: So I'm betting it's pronounced freeze, but you could be Fries the Salty Dogs. I'm sorry, we're changing your name. Uh well, I think I'm done. Man, you got you got that much this see my note.
Speaker 3: A little bit of Carolina Panthers again.
Speaker 1: This is a big game.
Speaker 3: It's a oh we got moved from one o'clock. So oh yeah, in the Bay Area, don't don't look at your schedule. Well, if you look at the Bucks app to get we'll have the correct time, but we are we are at.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you print if you printed out a schedule earlier this year, you have to trust I did that.
Speaker 3: I reached out my counterpart to grab one of their people to do our pregame show, and I wrote, yeah, need them at ten forty five and no, no, no, And he came back and goes, you mean, oh, yeah, that's that.
Speaker 1: Would be it, that would be the Yeah, we got flexed. I think we talked about this last week though.
Speaker 3: We don't so, But anyways, it's a big game.
Speaker 1: It's a game that it's big game for us.
Speaker 3: Well yeah, I mean, as you know what, when you're one in ten, it's a big game for them.
Speaker 1: Too, But it's not necessarily the biggest game on the schedule for the network. No, no, that would be my point.
Speaker 3: Right, And what time? What time does everybody else plays at once?
Speaker 1: So we'll know New Orleans, New Orleans and Atlanta Atlanta they play early, I think. So okay, So that's that. So Mike Evans gets the two touchdowns, right, gets him to ninety on his career. Ninety. Yeah, he's the fifteenth player in the entire history of the NFL to get to ninety touchdowns get to fourteen, he is one more. Tied at thirteenth right now is DeVante Adams and Isaac Bruce. Two more.
Speaker 3: He's getting two this week.
Speaker 1: Well, Davante is still playing, so he could conceivably also improve his total.
Speaker 3: All right, well, Mike's gonna get three.
Speaker 1: Oh, so that would make him tied for thirteenth with those two if Davante doesn't get anymore, but he would at least be a tied with It's pretty, pretty darn and impressive, Isaac. It's amazing the names. Every time he takes another spot out. It's like another holiday, it is. But people, a lot of people don't remember that. Mike Evans also scored on a fumble recovery in twenty eighteen. I believe. So he has ninety one career touchdowns, which is about I don't know if the top of my head thirty sixth or something, because we're talking all touchdowns now. You got guys like guys like that running back. But the group that Mike is tied in right now with for total touchdowns. Listen to these names, Devonte Adams, Isaac Bruce, Tony dor Set, wow Edgrin, James, Bobby Mitchell, and Ricky Waters. Wow, two bads.
Speaker 3: You don't have any good players there.
Speaker 1: Wow, man, I know that's great company Tony dor Set and Edgerrin James. You scored as many touchdowns as those guys. Ricky Waters was a fantastic player for a long time, very much so a company that he's talking about.
Speaker 3: Tony dor Set, I mean said they were winning back then too, So you know, holding smokes.
Speaker 1: As far as Carolina, there's an interesting vagary in their rankings. You'd probably be surprised to hear the Carolina ranks sixth in the league in defense, really allowing three hundred and four point five yards per game. Wow. However, what about scoring? They're thirtieth in points allowed twenty six, which is more important obviously, How does that work? I guess from looking at this you would deduced that one there near the bottom and turnover differential at negative seven. So they've probably created some short fields for opposing offenses, so you know, you get a thirty yard touchdown drive. You don't get a lot of yards, but you get the points right. And then also the fact that their red zone defense is second to last, so when teams get down there, they almost always score a touchdown. Okay, but that's a weird split. Yeah, very strange, but it does indicate they do have a pretty good amount of defensive talent. Brian Burns is very good, Derek Brown is pretty strong. Frankie Louvu has turned into a the next great Panthers linebackers. They've always had great linebackers. This guy kind of came out of nowhere last year. I think Jeremy Chin's been an IR, but he might be coming back. They should be getting jac hornback from IR pretty soon. They've they've got some talent on defense, they probably need some more cast catchers. Adam Thielen is first on the team with seventy seven catches, although he's only averaging nine point five because they're really just not getting the ball downfield much. The next guy on the list has twenty eight. Wow, there's two guys wons, a receiver on a running back, so they don't have a great second option beyond theland, and Delan's only averaging a career low nine point five yards per catch. So I think it's fair to say they could use some more pass catching talent on offense, and they probably will be addressing that this offseason. Yeah, but when you talk about Derek Brown, Shy Tunnel's pretty good. Brian Burns is good, Frankie Luvu's good, Von Bell is good, Dante Jackson, They've got some good players. It's Troy Hill the safety. You know, this is not there. The Bucks aren't just going to walk over this team. Nobody has. Hopefully they beat them. I'm I'm not claiming I know they will, but they're definitely not just gonna walk over them.
Speaker 3: You gotta take care of your own business and you got to play the game. And that's and that seems to be the message right now is take care of business. Let's get it done.
Speaker 1: All right, you're ready for some emails? Okay? If he didn't seem sure, no I am.
Speaker 3: I'm just kind of stretching there.
Speaker 1: I stood a lot. I stood the whole.
Speaker 3: Game, this game, so it always messes up.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, last week we read a question from our friend in Brazil, Alexander, and he was saying he made kind of a cute wordplay about how the Bucks were refusing to hit their quarterback. I thought he meant they didn't sack him. Yeah, but he says, oh my, I forgot to wish you guys are happy Thanksgiving. This came in on Thanksgiving, and.
Speaker 3: Do we remember Thanksgiving is an American.
Speaker 1: Yeah holiday, it's not a Brazilian Yeah no, So it's nice of him to wish yes, thank you And about hitting the QB. I was referring to a play where Perty was running to the sideline for a first down and three Bucks players. I recall Josh Hayes being one of them running towards him but not going to the tackle. You know, I would. I can't picture that play in my mind, but I'm sure they were trying not to draw a penalty, correct, although there nobody was throwing the penalty in that game as we discuss. Yeah, all right, this one is from Patrick from Landa Lakes. We know where that is. This could be a first time email er. I don't recognize the name or remember. Ohoy. I hope you both had a great Thanksgiving. I did when sitting at the dinner table and thinking about what I am most thankful for. At the top of my list had to be the fact that the Bucks are in the NFC South. It is such a weird feeling. As soon as the clock hit zero on Sunday and the Bucks had officially gone one and six in the last seven games. That the first thought that went into my head was, well, we're still only one game back from first place in the division. I like, I considered myself an optimist, which can be a blessing and a curse. But honestly, he said that on me. But I honestly believe the Bucks could go on a run here in the upcoming weeks and could be seven and seven by the Christmas Eve game with the Jacks. Jacks, that would mean wins. I'm interjecting here, that would mean wins over Carolina, Atlanta and Green Bay. Yeah, the latter two on the road. Yeah. Yeah. My question to you all is, of all the issues that have hindered the Bucks during this stretch, in your opinion, is the thing that needs to be corrected the most or the quickest I think. I think one of the biggest issues is costly drops, especially in the red zone. I know it was just outside, but from the camera angle with his speed, I felt that drop by Trey Trey Palmer on that post route in the second half could have gone for six had he brought it in. Enjoy listening to your podcast and said, since you did, thanks for reading this. Patrick from Landelakes. Thanks Patrick. It's kind of hard to pick the biggest one, right. I would have said, no running game, but now we got it. You had a great one. You had a great running game in that game, and it didn't didn't change the outcome. We haven't had a too many turnovers. We've had a big turn of a problem. Red zone I guess right, red zone offense. Red zone offense is you gotta score the you gotta score the seven.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I I don't know how you fix it, but I just not concentration. But it just seems like someone takes to turn a being out of place. And Jack Barrett was talking about that, which is you know, you got eleven guys on there. One person messes up on a play and changes everything.
Speaker 1: So I don't think he This isn't a bad choice by Patrick. Drops have been an issue, right, especially if you consider both sides of the ball and not holding on interception.
Speaker 3: Not only are they drops, but there drops on big plays that your team needed at that time, which you can isolate out of sixty five plays or whatever, those few you go, wow if you would have made those, But that's the game, you know, So yes.
Speaker 1: Tough to put. Tough to pick one, but maybe red zone for me, red zone offense.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm going with I'm going with everybody, stay on the same page.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm gonna So, just an inability to go through a whole game without too many crucial mistakes.
Speaker 3: Correct, Okay, don't beat yourself.
Speaker 1: All right. This one is from Don Little in Orlando. All right, ahoy ye, old salty dogs. I was concerned that you might be short of questions after getting the loss, so I'm offering this email. Thank you winky emoji. I like this isn't really a question, but more of a follow up to a pass question, mostly for Jeff all right. Sunday was one of those days for me living in Orlando where the Jacksonville Jaguars were televis on CBS over the Bucks. As a result, I had to listen to the game on Bucks radio. Well, thank you. I did, like Jeff instructed and went to the Buccaneers, went to Buccaneers dot com on my PC and ultimately ultimately selected then a rock listen live button. The radio stream worked fine for me on what was Shirley On what Sureley was a black dot game in my area. I'm unsure if this bypasses the geo fencing issues Jeff has discussed, but thought you might like the feedback. Yeah.
Speaker 3: No, well it's interesting and I'm glad you brought this up. Is I found out through the league that if you'd come off of your desktop, it's not geo blocked, so he would still be in. The good news is because if he was on the app, he would have been geo blocked, but because he was on his desktop it is not.
Speaker 1: Does this mean the guy in Germany the test about this could be so so he needs to try it. I think he wanted to watch the game though. Oh well that's another thing.
Speaker 3: But it's better and what's happening what's unfortunately, what's what's happening here is we've had a number of games this year. We have half of our games on CBS, So if the Jags are playing at the same time, the Orlando market is grabbing that game because that TV station can choose which one of those they take. Had we been just a Fox game, we would have we would have made it. So that's that's very frustrating and I'm sorry for that.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, This one's from Daniel Dan Da Maria and Palm Harbor. Okay O, Hoy salty dogs. I hope you guys had a great Thanksgiving just like I did. I want to give a praise to Baker Mayfield for being a trooper and playing out of ban ankle and finishing the game. I'm with you, I'm totally with you. Also, I want to praise Mike Evans for another great game. He just gets better every game. There's still six games to play and four in the South, so there's still a chance to win the division, yes, and make the playoffs. My question is who holds the Bucks record for most receiving touchdowns in a season and who holds the record for most receiving yards in a season? And all I will say is, don't think don't overthink this. Don't overthink this, bro, Mike Evans, who do you think it is? It's even yeah.
Speaker 3: I started to I started to run through different wide receivers and then I was like, no, wait a minute, that's that's gotta be Mike.
Speaker 1: I'm going to get the exact numbers off the top of my head, and you can you can verify I'm not looking anything wrong. No, I understand. I think his record for receiving yards is fifteen twenty four. Huh, And I think his record for touchdown catches is thirteen and so the answer is fifteen twenty four in twenty eighteen. Okay, and oh I was wrong. He had fourteen touchdown catches in twenty twenty one. Wow, he had thirteen and twenty twenty and twelve each and sixteen and fourteen. Wow. Those are the four top The next on the list is Mike Williams of eleven in twenty ten. Those are the four top touchdown receptions seasons in team history. So he not only has the record, he has the three. That's amazing.
Speaker 3: Oh, I got one more thing with our buddy in Orlando. There is a radio station that carries it. It's it's oh gosh, well.
Speaker 1: Job, good job. I mean I talked to. Is there somewhere on the site where listening.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you go to Buccaneers dot com, it'll show you where where it is.
Speaker 1: It's the game. It's that's the nickname, that's the name of the of it. It's it's the four point two the game.
Speaker 3: It's it's it's on an FM and an AM real where would this be on our website?
Speaker 1: I don't know where that. Wow.
Speaker 3: Anyways, it's easy. It's the sports station in Orlando.
Speaker 1: There you go. How's that?
Speaker 3: It's called the game. You'll find it, Okay, just google it and it'll pop up.
Speaker 1: Great, googlely, movelely. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So, but you could listen to them in your car or you know, if you're out and about, you're not tied to your computer. So that that is the plus side about in Orlando. We have affiliates in Orlando, and.
Speaker 1: They got them all over the state, don't you. Yeah, Fort Myers games ninety six point nine. There you go, ninety six point ninety six point nine. There you go. The game, the game. So yeah. Mike Evans is the all time leader for the Bucks and touchdowns, touchdown catches, catches, yard receiving, yards, yards from scrimmage. Uh, the the single season leader and catches yards, touchdowns. He's the greatest offensive player in the mysteries. I think you could go with that. I don't think there's as much as I love guys like Mike alstot No. I got you, I got you. Okay, all right, what else? Next question? Your next question? All right? Wow? Coming in strong. He finishes by saying, I hope we went on Sunday. Yeah, me too, to get some winning mojo back. Yeah, I'm with you, Mojoe.
Speaker 3: Well, you can't have a streak unless you get one.
Speaker 1: Go all right? Uh This is from Jerry uh in Maryland. I keep getting emails that are popping up. In front of the emails, I'm trying.
Speaker 3: To read, Oh well you're a busy man.
Speaker 1: Greetings dogs. Not the result we were hoping for against the Colts on Sunday, but I still have hope that we can win the South. I believe this team has the fight talent a death to turn it around. Great to see the young guys flying around making plays. Also loved seeing the all pewter uniforms. Yeah, I like that too. I like them too, but I will admit that I've heard some people who are not fond of them.
Speaker 3: Really, I thought they was pretty cool internally, You're no, just outside Definitely not internally. They didn't like them.
Speaker 1: They like it, just didn't like them. Man. Wow. So my question for this week is based around that I always thought that teams cannot both wear dark color jerseys, so of course the Coles wore blue jerseys. Yeah, did that change when the NFL started doing the color rush games or was it never rule? And I'm tripping one time? One time it was r right, it did change because of color rush, right, yes, Like remember we played the Condiment game where we were in all red and the Rams were in all yellow.
Speaker 3: The reason, and we've talked about this before, the reason why one team was in a dark uniform and one team was in a light uniform is because games were on black and white TVs and that's how you could tell the.
Speaker 1: Difference between the two teams. So I'm serious, that's why I know you explained that multiple times. Yeah, so I guess.
Speaker 3: That that would be I still I still go with the advent of color But other than colour rush games, teams do.
Speaker 1: So you're told at the beginning of the year what the home teams are wearing, and you have to wear the opposite. So if they if we're going to play the Cowboys, they're wearing blue, we can't.
Speaker 3: Wear now maybe that maybe they got away with it because they're wearing white pants.
Speaker 1: I don't know, it's the jersey that matters. I'm pretty sure this is only acceptable when a team is wearing a color rush. It did look weird. We talked about the before the game, and some guys I was sitting here was like, this would look better if the Colts had white jerseys on.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I thought it was weird that it was on the road and.
Speaker 1: Not at home. That is weird, right, Yeah, I thought that was that was But maybe they could and I don't know anyway. Next question is from Phillips Squadron. It was in California, Okay, dear s Dogs. What can a Bucks fan salvage from a one in six records since starting three and one? What positives can we extract from such a disappointing couple of months. The answer is Mike Evans. Watching this guy play at an elite level for ten years now, no matter what the win loss record is, is our privilege to watch. He played his hard last week as he did in the Super Bowl, and he played his herd in the super Bowl as he did in his two and fourteen rookie season. I find myself celebrating his catches, touchdowns and climb into the top ten all time receivers with as much enthusiasm enthusiasm as if we were ten to one, ten and one. Keep on focus on Mike Salty ones. This is a time for his individual achievement. Phil Squadron, Woodland Hills, California. I'd like to be able to do both. Can we do both?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think it's time we do both.
Speaker 1: I mean, we are celebrating Mike. I'm gonna write and we might even do a video highlighting the catch assuming he gets to a thousand, because he's one hundred and fifty more, which, barring injury, he will definitely make it. I'll probably get it this game. The catch that sends him over one thousand in every season. I already pinpointed all of them. Some of them are more interesting than others, like the one couple of years ago. Was that the Super Bowl year when he slipped on he got to one thousand and one right before halftime and then he was thrown passing the end zone and he slipped and hurt his knees and was out for the rest of the game. And it was a good thing he made it over on the previous catch because it but some of them he goes by in week eleven and it's not that big a deal. But anyway, we will continue to celebrate Mike. You can bet you can bet that. Yep. I mean It's just it's just good business because, like like Phil here, people want to hear about Mike. They want to think about Mike, they want to talk about Mike.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, it's your team, and when your team's not winning, you want to you want to find something to feel good about.
Speaker 1: The silver running. Yeah, and that is a silver. I like it because you've been thinking for a few years that Mike Evans is Hall of Fame worthy, right right, But you don't know is that going to happen? And now when he keeps like passing Hall of famers on certain lists, you haven't. Yeah, it's like is this even a question anymore? So it's nice to feel like there's no way he's not making the Hall of Fame. There's no way. I don't know he's going to get to at least one hundred touchdowns in his career.
Speaker 3: How many articles did you write about Ronde Barber trying to get it?
Speaker 1: He got in, He got in, but I didn't say necessarily make first ballot, Okay, but I had to write more about John Lynch. Rondey gotten quicker than John.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we lot right, right, right right?
Speaker 1: All right? One more from Sam and Nashville Okay, dogs. Never thought I'd say this, but thank goodness for the Falcons for keeping the division from getting out of hand. He means because they live in New Orleans. Even though it's stunk that we lost, it was nice to see Mike move up the charts with two more tea catches. I liked everybody. I like everybody's following that. This is a this is a pretty This is kind of a tough question. You might enjoy this since reality has been kind of sad lately. I have a hypothetical quest. I hope you mean that only in terms of football. Sam, Yeah, I have a hypothetical question for you both. With the news coming out of SAP joining the Colorado coaching staff next year, is that a definite done deal?
Speaker 3: Yeah, just a rumor. No, he I actually spoke with SAP and yeah, he is. He's gonna be going out there.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Keenan mccardoll coaching the Vikings receivers, he's been coaching for a few years, yeah, number of years. And Lynch being the GM for the forty nine ers. It seems like a lot of former players have continued their football careers past their playing days. If you were thrown into an alternate reality and had to build a coaching staff from scratch, but you could only hire former Buccaneers players. What would be what would your coaching staff look like? Wow, let's say you can't use John Lynch, said he since he would probably be our fictional GM. Yeah, thanks to bring great podcast and let's go Lions, Jets and of course Bucks. Wow. Okay, so who's the head coach? See? I always thought of Rondi as a GM type.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I kind of go with that.
Speaker 1: I don't know who. Yeah, I'm gonna I'm gonna I'm gonna call an audible here and say Ronde's our fictional GM, and that means John Lynch is available because he's our GM. Because I think he would make a good coach. Yeah, because he's smart and smart and it seems like he wants to work hard. Yeah.
Speaker 3: No, d line, I would say.
Speaker 1: It doesn't have to be like the best players either, the guys that you think.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, they he's a pretty smart.
Speaker 1: What about Brad Johnson to coach the quarterbacks? That's a good choice. He's very far Tom Brady. Tom Brady doesn't want to coach? Are you kidding me?
Speaker 3: I'm just saying but he said he could be a head coach. It said, It didn't say who wants to It said if you had a team, so.
Speaker 1: You're gonna pick a guy that doesn't want to coach to be a coach. It's a hypothetical world, and hypothetically.
Speaker 3: It's a different, you know, reality of He just said. He didn't say who we thought wanted to be coaches? He said who.
Speaker 1: Would we pick? Yes, And I wouldn't pick a guy that I know doesn't want to be a coach. That seems I guess Derek Brooks. Derek Brooks, could he be your head coach?
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's got the talent.
Speaker 1: Would you think Dave Moore would be a good coach?
Speaker 3: Dave Moore would be an excellent.
Speaker 1: He knows the game. Also, just coach the tight ends he could ye, well, he could make He'd be a good head coach. Believe it about Paul Gruber, Oh O line, Yeah, let's give him the line. Give him the O line. Tony Mabery is a very smart man, but he doesn't seem like he would want to coach.
Speaker 3: Uh work done running backs?
Speaker 1: For what reason? Because he's very smart? That's true. I don't want my silence too. Yeah. No, make that seem like I was just screened. No, I mean it was just a thought process there. Now, your half back would have to be uh, Mike Halstatt, you're half back? Yeah, don't mean you're half back.
Speaker 3: Don't they have half backs anymore?
Speaker 1: No? Halfback is it's just the same thing as a tailback or running back.
Speaker 3: Well, but it used to be used to be a person who was just a half back.
Speaker 1: Continue, they were called that be based on where they lined up in the backfield.
Speaker 3: So but there were some guys that that specifically all they did.
Speaker 1: Continue, nobody's called him halfbacks in years. Dude.
Speaker 3: Okay, but this isn't This is not reality, right, you keep forgetting this is fantasy land right now?
Speaker 1: Keep going?
Speaker 3: Who else you got?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I'm trying to think of a good head coaching candidate. I'm looking at this list of players of our best players. Doesn't have to be our best players.
Speaker 3: You have to say guys that were really really football smart.
Speaker 1: I mean, I guess since Keenan mccardial is already or receivers coach in the NFL, I would choose him. But do you do you? I mean, a head coach who's gonna who's gonna have the gravitas. Yeah, that's why I think Derek Brooks could be sure bring the troops together. Yeah, I like that that might work. I'm just trying to think of of guys that were were teachers as they were players. That's kind of where you have to go with that. That's a hard question.
Speaker 3: You know, who do you remember who played, but also you know, helped other guys out. It was a good teammate in that ass.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I hear you. I'm just having a hard time to kind of answer it is. It's very very difficult. I don't even you know a guy who was always very concerned with wanting to be a leader, Jerald McCoy. Oh, yes, yes, yes, and he's also very smart. He is he could be a head coaching candidate in this hypothetical conversation.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's possibility there.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's a good one too. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean, you know that's something that you would have to kind of just really as other people are naming names, as with Joey Galloway.
Speaker 1: Oh, Joey Galloway would be excellent. I think he'd be a good from a personality standpoint, and he's.
Speaker 3: A you know, again a football guy doing it on TV.
Speaker 1: Now, I don't think we're gonna sit here and fill out an entire No, you can't. We don't have all day.
Speaker 3: Well, we would have a small staff because we want rooms on the airplane.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because we're running the show now, we're running the show at a streamline.
Speaker 3: And you know, I think that's an interesting question because if you look at the Detroit Lions, he has more former players as coaches than I think anybody. Oh really, yeah, what about Chris Godwin?
Speaker 1: Oh well, yeah, they're I mean he's still playing right now, so you'd have to he could be a player coach maybe, But wow, that's okay. That's one of the smartest guys around. Very and I feel like he'd be a leader, yeah, very even, very very uh but also a hard worker, so rub off, yeah, very methodical. I think he could speak in front of an auditorium full of players. Oh, no question, no question.
Speaker 3: But yeah, interesting that That is a good question though, that I mean, that's something that.
Speaker 1: I don't know how well we've answered that. That could be.
Speaker 3: You know, that could be like a you know, a bar question. You know, you're sitting having a couple of beers and just rattling off names.
Speaker 1: I just don't know. I don't know if I've hit upon the Williams. Yeah, but I mean he went into personnel coaching, that's true, although no, he did coach at college level.
Speaker 3: Well head coach, yeah, grappling, Yeah.
Speaker 1: So yeah, that's definitely a an option.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I mean those those are the things that.
Speaker 1: That I'm just randomly looking through the all time roster.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're cheating, You're looking at it. I'm just thinking of, oh, I'm cheating, you am I Yeah, because you're looking and.
Speaker 1: Remember that there were rules to this. Well, yeah, that's it's it's it's I'm cheating. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, you're just not using your brain like you always do.
Speaker 1: I can't remember all twelve hundred or whatever it is players have played for us. I'm trying to get trying to jolt my memory here. Is that how many you have played for us? Is it really in all the years? In all the years? But yeah, I'm giving up. I am too. I think we've given some decent answers. I think I think that is a question.
Speaker 3: I think that is the question that continues to give answers because everyone's going to happen, and a big.
Speaker 1: Is the question that continues to give answers. Yes, we maybe should just stop talking now. I'm done because these words aren't coming out right. Yeah, it does. That's that's our last question, is it. We've answered it adequately, if not wonderfully, So I'm done. I did too, I'm out of here since you did. Thanks for listening. Mm hm