Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to season two ninety one, Episode three of Dally's Guys Yeah.
Speaker 2: Production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 1: This is a podcast where we take a deep dive into America's shared consciousness. And it is, of course, Thursday, June fifteenth, twenty twenty three.
Speaker 3: Of course, Mile Power Day, National Power Day. I don't know what that is, National Fall Party Day. Shout out to everybody in Cancun on spring Break foam Party, Oh Jack, National Megalodon Day. Hey, I still haven't seen the meg you have it? No? Oh, I feel like like that.
Speaker 1: That movie would have been my dream for like the first ten years of my life.
Speaker 3: And now I just what happened to you?
Speaker 1: Man? You lost the love.
Speaker 3: For shark attacks that you're trying to get your whole shit bit out here? Yeah? I know.
Speaker 1: Anyway, Shout out to the megal Adon really Yeah, it made smile power, Yeah.
Speaker 3: And smile power the smile. I love a make. It's a very powerful thing.
Speaker 1: My name is Jack O'Brien aka grim Grimacy, grim Grimacy, grim Grimace Goo. The Hamburglar loves it and now you can too. That is courtesy of Rezik on the Discord in reference to the fact that that new Grims milkshake is come.
Speaker 3: It's Grimace come, is what it is.
Speaker 1: And I'll keep saying like the creativity coming from our listeners around Grimace Grimace cum milkshakes is inspiring.
Speaker 3: If you honor.
Speaker 1: Me, I'm thrilled to be joined as always by my co host mister Miles Gram Miles Gray, Gabe.
Speaker 4: Grimace Come tug that purple beet b and let it out into my shake. Grim is come. I don't have to taste it to know that it tastes just like grape. Okay to Willie Kaye on the discord, not mixed berry.
Speaker 3: It's great. It's great.
Speaker 1: The other thing, the two things we knew the second we looked at it that have since been refuted by Big McDonald's. But first of all, we knew that's great purple milkshake, obviously grave and that mixed berry's. And second of all, it's Grimouth come. And you can't tell me otherwise.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, no, all right, it's the hill You're gonna die.
Speaker 1: That is Miles Little house keeping up top. We're now doing eight episodes a week instead of ten. One episode on Monday. That is like a long Trending Weekend catch up one on Friday and then the Tuesday episode. We are interviewing experts. We are interviewing you guys. Currently, we are interviewing you guys about your very interesting jobs. Yes, yeah, the listeners of the Daily Zeitgeist. What a wide range of fascinating professions professional experience. That's been fascinating. We can't wait to keep talking to you guys. Hit us up at Daily Zeitgeist on Twitter on the discord. Let us know craziest thing you've ever seen on the job, something people misunderstand about your job. We have spoken to a pet animal.
Speaker 3: Will do this every time, God, veterinary pathologists.
Speaker 1: Veterinary pathologist, yes, about a bag of cocaine coated eagles, and then a Domino's delivery driver and a wedding efficient a car repo man. We've only spoken to two people, but they had a lot of jobs. Anyways, hit us up. We can't wait to hear more from you, sick motherfuckers. And speaking of sick motherfuckers, Miles, we are thrilled to be joined in a third seat by one of the funniest, one of the smartest writers people I've ever worked with. He is a best selling author. He is an Emmy winning writer for Last week Time Night with John Oliver. He co hosts the podcast Quick Question with Sworn and Daniel. Please welcome back to the show.
Speaker 2: Daniel O'Brien, Hello, thank you so much for that intro one for having me and uh, I really gosh, I don't want it to give you notes right off the top, but hopefully what a de escalation of excitement when you go from veterinary pathologists to Domino's pizza delivery driver.
Speaker 1: But he was so interesting. Oh okay, can I can I interest you in this fact? Once every couple months, people come to the door with their shirt on but nothing else. Really, Yeah, different groups of people, Like it's not always the same, you know, flasher and they don't acknowledge it. It's not because like his theory was that they're just too high and they're like they they forget they're not wearing pants, but they don't even like once they've had the transaction, they're not like, oh my god, what have I done? You know again, that's like a stress dream for me, But like you always realize halfway through that you don't have the pants on it. But I think it's just where flashers and other kinds of you know, people with strange, you know, perversions have gone to get their kicks.
Speaker 2: There was that one episode of High Maintenance where a character was doing that over and over again, just as like I think it was Catherine Cohen, but don't quote me on that who played it. But she would just like hang an errand tit out to make people look at like in a convenience store like whatever. Someone was delivering something to her house, and it was clearly a thing that she just like loved doing, just like a fun, little little prank that she enjoyed at like someone a regular delivery person opened the door and saw her breast out and I'm just like, come on, like he's seen it all the time. He's just sick about it.
Speaker 3: To deal with it, please, I got a lot of tables.
Speaker 1: Man, how are you doing, Daniel. It's great to see I couldn't even tell that lie. Yeah, it's good to see you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how are you. Thanks, I'm good, it's good to be here. I've been hanging out in Los Angeles for the last couple of weeks, and we'll continue for the next couple of weeks. Just like a month trip back to my old stomping ground, and it's a complete betrayal of the promise of what LA is supposed to be. It's been really gloomy. Yeah, cold, it's very unfortunate.
Speaker 3: Well, it's going to turn up this weekend though, at least there's that Yeah, yeah, it's gonna be warm.
Speaker 1: I just I just checked that day's weather report. I like to be surprised, and I have Friday by House.
Speaker 3: Seventy four, Friday eighty Saturday in like high seventies next week. All right, Oh yeah, we're getting back to it, regressing to the meat.
Speaker 1: All right, well, Daniel, we're going to get to know you a little bit better in a moment. First, a couple of the things that we're talking about. The Jack Smith merch is here. We are lionizing Jack Smith as a culture. There's T shirts, that's it's mainly T shirts at this point, but like T shirts with his picture looking like he's like an mm A fighter or something.
Speaker 3: So we're we're just.
Speaker 1: Gonna look at the latest idol of the neolibs to like, since Mueller, I think he's a little bit more He's gonna satisfy a little bit more than Mueller in terms of like who he actually is, So we'll talk about him. We'll talk about a TikToker who is like kind of pulling to George Bluth but sad. Yeah, where he's like teaching lessons to people, but the lesson is like I'm a narcissist.
Speaker 3: And you and your feeling.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, we might talk about Netflix finally opening a Netflix themed restaurant. What we've been we've been calling for it for years. And another thing we've been calling for for years, a comedy fantasy camp with Jay Leno and Adam Corolla.
Speaker 3: Got my tickets? You signed up?
Speaker 1: Jack?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I mean it's says so. The description says comedy fans aspiring stand up comedians and television writers take note. So Daniel eager to hear about, like which week you're going to as a television writer.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Actually, I'm teaching an entire masterclass about I don't want to give it away completely, but it's about how it's time to cancel cancel culture.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 2: I just think it's time.
Speaker 3: Yes, I love that.
Speaker 1: I love that they threw television writers. Television writers. You're gonna want to come hang out with Adam Carolla and Jay Leno. Yeah, well, we'll talk about all that plenty more. But first, Daniel O'Brien, what is something from your search history that's revealing about who you are?
Speaker 2: Unkillable plants. I have recently moved to a new apartment in my home in Jersey, and it's a really nice space, and I want to make it look nice. And because I've been living in a different I've been out and ground for a while and I've been living in like a furnished house with somebody else's stuff for the last couple of years. So now i have, like my the apartment that I want to be my home for the foreseeable future, and I'm really committed to making it look nice and not shitty. And I'm taking notes from like other people's houses that I like a whole lot and one of the things that makes me feel really warm and positive when I'm in someone's house just like a whole lot of plants. I've killed every plant I've ever had, Yeah, in my life.
Speaker 1: I don't just like a reverse et you walk into the room and they yeah, crumble it.
Speaker 2: Well, absolutely, And so I don't want to get fake plants because that defeats the purpose for me. And so I was just like tooling around, what are the hardest plants to kill? And I will either have nice plants or I'll kill these too. And that's kind of impressive in its.
Speaker 1: Own Yeah, yeah, is it? Are we looking at cacti? What's the internet's advice on the hardiest plant?
Speaker 2: First, A lot of people say snake plants.
Speaker 3: Doesn't say snake plant, that's hard.
Speaker 2: Number one on the list is seeming to go hard cast iron plant, which like by name alone excites me. That's I feel like that's what I should be working with.
Speaker 1: There are no leaves on it. It just looks like a dead shrub. But it's like the bristle cone pine. Have you ever seen those?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: What? Bristle cone pine are the oldest living things on the planet Earth, and like they've they've been around. There's oh yeah, Medusa up in like Bishop in California. I've seen some of them in person, and they look dead. They like the deadest plant you've ever seen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it looks like to the point where you're like, that can't be growing.
Speaker 1: But they're they're like alive on the inside. They're truly like beautiful things. But they look like beautiful like sculptures. They don't look like living plants.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, there are those little gravy monsters that Ursula creates a Little Mermaid.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like the little gravvy monsters that she creates. Did you see the live action remake? By the way I did, it was so bad? What did you like it?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: I didn't see it? Okay, it was surprised by that. Here's one of the the strange ways that the sick disease of nostalgia works on people is I get back to la where I used to live for a long time, and the first thing I did was like, what am I gonna What am I gonna do? What did I used to do here? And I went to a movie theater by myself to watch Little Mermaid because that was a thing I just love going to the movies. And the Westwood the IPIC in Westwood is so comfortable and wonderful. They got the reclining chairs, you get food delivered right to your chair. And it was like less than twelve hours into my time in Los Angeles, and I was like, I'm gonna see Little Mermaid at two o'clock in the afternoon. It doesn't look good. I bet it's not good, and I was right good.
Speaker 1: This Yeah, that's where I saw the whole this whole movement kick off.
Speaker 3: That's where I saw the Jungle Book remake.
Speaker 1: Oh. For some reason, that theater, by the way, feels the least like a movie theater of any movie theater I've ever been. It Like it just I paid in general, that one and Brown with I don't know if I've been to other epics, but that one in particular feels like you're just in someone big living room. Like I've been to movie theaters that have the nice reclining chairs and like the food that gets delivered and like usually it doesn't fuck with me, but like that one in particular, I don't know if like they have low ceilings or something, but it just it doesn't feel like a movie theater to me, right.
Speaker 3: Like in like yeah, ikea lamps and stuff like on the ground it like, yeah, that's like the walk way. I was gonna say, Dan, there's like these I saw. There's like these businesses that are for people who are like I can't keep a fucking plant alive if my life depended on it. And it's basically now ushered in a business where like they've created the kinds of pots where it's like, dude, just keep the water level on the side to.
Speaker 2: This, are you talking about easy Plant?
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm not trying to give any promo, okay, but yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, either they don't pay us, so we will we will not give them promo.
Speaker 3: But have you wait, have you killed an easy well? I mean all that's say you've killed with them? No?
Speaker 2: Not yeah, but that like that came up on my head first. Stupid more on Instagram at algorithm feed, right, right, you've done enough googling on this that like we think you will be interested in this, in this fool proof plant situation. Yeah, the science is you don't even put water. You're not gonna let you put water on the plant itself. You put the water in a little jar and we distribute it as we see fit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like a trust for your water.
Speaker 1: And the little mermaid just going back to that, Sorry, is your problem with it?
Speaker 3: Was one of the problems with it.
Speaker 1: The cast, the fact that we have the lead characters is a crab, like an actual crab without the ability to emote or is it your whole anti cancel culture you know that thing and your issue with the casting.
Speaker 2: It's so it's it's crazy that you found the exact right thing that it was, specifically the crab. Have people been talking about the crab?
Speaker 1: Because I have been talking about the crab since they like talked about the concept of doing this as a live action thing. I've been like, how the fuck are you gonna make it? Because that was my problem with the Lion King one. Yeah, was that, like, the animals can't emote, so it's like a diminished version of every cartoon that has animals in it.
Speaker 3: Correct.
Speaker 2: There was so much chatter ahead of this movie about how off putting Flounder looked, and it's and it's true, Flounder looks, looks weird, he looks too much like a fish in a movie for children. Uh, and truly not enough chatter about how bizarre Sebastian the Crab looked. It's very unpleasant. He can emote, it's a it's a crab that looks like a crab with two cartoon google eyes on top of it. Yeah, and he's he's got two fucking songs. He's in so much of this movie, and it's it's really.
Speaker 3: Can even smile in this little crab mouth or no, no, so like what would you do for like raised eyebrows do like the little googly eyes on top get bigger? Or they just kind of like is it truly? Like? This is what we get when you look at it?
Speaker 2: This is what we get. Yeah, what you're saying is what we get.
Speaker 3: That's it so bad?
Speaker 1: From the This gives me such joy to hear you say that that was a major.
Speaker 3: Problem with the movie.
Speaker 1: Fucking crab, man, fucking crab. What is something, Daniel that you think is overrated?
Speaker 2: Will continue the thread of me being back in Los Angeles billboards. I again famously lived here for eleven years, and there are so many billboards in Los Angeles, and they just sort of become part of the background, part of the skyline. And I went from there to New York and then which also has a lot of billboards, and then New York to New Jersey where I live now, which has very few billboards. I live on the beach, there's really nothing. And when I when you come to LA after being away for a while, it's really jarring just how many billboards there are everywhere. If you were an alien landing here, you would think it would. We were all just completely insane because where I'm at now, Santa Monica, West, LA, there's just everywhere you look giant billboards for the Bear on FX or Hulu. It's not an effective advertisement. Yeah, I think both actually okay good And it's like on buses And there's this thing that happens in LA where there's always constant construction on everything, and so they board things up with these giant wooden walls and then they put billboards on those walls. So you're just seeing the same images from the Bear over and over again everywhere you look. I don't know who any of this is for. It's not the hottest take in the world to say that LA has too many industry billboards, but you forget about it when you're away for so long.
Speaker 3: And oh it's so jarring. Yeah, especially when award season rolls around and everything's like for your Consideration and it's like you're talking to like a half percent of the population. Yeah, And it's also this award.
Speaker 2: Season is like the for your consideration campaigns are always for shows that are not on currently. It's it's except you know, July will roll around and they'll be like remember White Lotus, Like, yeah, yeah, I do, Okay, thank you.
Speaker 1: I will say I feel a little so I used to drive from the West Side to our Hollywood student to record this show, and it and a big portion of my drive with Sunset, which is the most like just billboard ridden stretch of road that I think possibly in the Western world, Like there's so many billboards, but they put a ton of effort into like the billboards and the designs, and I feel like I was more up on like what was happening in pop culture, Like I wouldn't be surprised when someone was like, oh shit, have you seen like the this is the Last of Us?
Speaker 3: Or you know, like the mash up between.
Speaker 1: This is Us and the Last of Us. I would know about that like two months before it came out, you know. And now I just feel blindsided by popular cultures. So I'll say billboards in theory very dumb, but they were helpful to me because I'm so unplugged from a lot of popular that you.
Speaker 3: Just need a just need a big square sign to be like, hey, hey, they tell me what to think. Okay, Okay.
Speaker 1: I will say, if you're gonna do it, if you're going to just have a physical sign that you put in front of people's faces. The Jersey Shore where it sounds like you're living now that when they have those dragon behind planes, I feel like that's that's a good time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's just fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's fun.
Speaker 1: And like it's the plane like it's one of those old fashioned planes that looks like it's barely staying up there. Yeah, yeah, I like, am I just remembering the nineteen twenties when I was a child?
Speaker 2: No, you're correct, it's still those old Wright Brothers planes carrying billboards for live music and five dollars beers and there's a little bit of smoke coming out. I do like my advertisements to have like a little slight taste of danger, like this couldn't go wrong exactly.
Speaker 3: Someone's taking their lives into their hands. Someone's flying an original Leonardo da Vinci ornathal to tell me that the.
Speaker 1: Beer is still four dollars in Sea Isle City?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Jesus, what is something that you think is underrated? All right?
Speaker 2: Ready, yes, working. I wouldn't be doing my job right now if I didn't take this and every opportunity to mention the ongoing writers strike. I'm a proud member of the Writer's Guild of America and we have been on strike since the beginning of May because we want a fair contract and the studios refuse to even sit down with us and discuss it, let alone give us what we're asking for. It's very frustrating. I a lot of people when this started in my life, we were like sympathetic to this cause and everything. They're like, you'll probably enjoy a little vacation. It's not a vacation. I really like working, uh And I writing specifically is the thing that I'm very good at it, and I just want to do it and the studios won't let me. And it's maddening.
Speaker 3: Who had that take that was, like, I think the strike.
Speaker 1: Fans of Zaslov on the show Dangel and his his take was that he was like, the strike's gonna end because of a love of working. People love to work, and we're just will welcome them back with open arms. So he's using the fact that you are a creative machine against you right now, which is so so devious and shitty.
Speaker 3: How much of it do you think? You know? I've seen that take of like how there's like a big there's that big obscure thing about like Netflix numbers or streaming numbers and how's that could affect things. Do you think that's playing a huge part or it's just general. Obviously there's the overarching theme of greed on behalf of the networks and streamers. But like you, I've seen that take going around Twitter. I was curious if you had any thoughts on that.
Speaker 2: I don't have any extra insight into this than anyone else who doesn't, you know, read Twitter and variety in Hollywood Reporter and all the other trades and everything. But that does make a whole lot of sense because that's something that the streamers won't even they don't seem to want to budget on the data data transparency. And it makes a whole lot of sense because that number could either be very very large and they don't want us to know that because then it would reveal just how much money we should be getting in residuals, or which seems slightly more likely, that money could be very the number could be very very low, which they don't want Wall Street and investors to know about. It's all anyone who has spent any time in tech or Silicon Valley startups like It all sounds very familiar to every single Silicon valley startup that eventually burst because they go big and they go fast, and they invest, invest, invest, and they talk about growth, growth, growth, and have very little transparency, and then when eventually they have to reveal their numbers, everything falls apart because they don't they inflated their own importance and impact.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it sounds familiar to also the ones that succeed, like Facebook. Facebook was that, and then like this year I read somewhere that like Facebook's having like an amazing year, like at the stock market, Like really, at the stock market, we're all the I'm going to together and just throw stocks back and forth. Yeah, like Facebook's stock is like doing well or there.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm just like, how how are we still here?
Speaker 3: After meta?
Speaker 1: After the pivot to video bullshit?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah? And then the listener was saying that, like the Twitter video views, it's I think it's like two to three seconds is what triggers a view. Yeah, really, we're right back where we started where people are like, you got to see the fucking numbers we're doing here, folks, give us your ad dollars. Wait, what it's all, it's all an illusion.
Speaker 1: Fuck yeah, let's take a quick break and we'll be right back. And we're bad. And the Jack Smith merch is here. The liberals are really trying to like top conservatives when it comes to churning out cringey merchandise.
Speaker 3: I don't think they ever will.
Speaker 1: But the Robert Mueller craze was like, I still have my Robert Mueller action figures inbox dead stock and the price just is not budgeting.
Speaker 3: Man. Oh yeah, Jack, here, the pull the cord on the back of it. Let's hear some of the quotes. What Donald rum? He's fine? Okay? Why are there so many flies in here? I did this.
Speaker 1: This article made me like go and look at a video because I didn't want to be burned twice because I was burned by Mueller by like, you know, him never talking and everyone's like, oh, he's so like stoic and tough and.
Speaker 3: That's why he doesn't talk.
Speaker 1: And it turns out he doesn't talk because like when he did finally did, like a a like elderly muppet voice came out of his head.
Speaker 3: He was like, well, this guy's really done it this time. Oh fuck no no.
Speaker 1: And Jack Smith has a pretty normal voice. He just seems like a like first, he reminded me of Frank Vogel, the former Lakers coach.
Speaker 3: I mean, for people who haven't heard his voice, here is it just give you a little taste of what old Jack Smith sounds like. He just sounds like a dude.
Speaker 1: This indictment was voted by a grand jury of citizens in the Southern District of Florida.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, pretty standard. He's not pulling.
Speaker 1: He's not giving Mueller or like DeSantis or Jared Kushner, you know these people who we saw a lot, and then when you finally hear them, you're like, wait, that's the voice that comes out of that head. Like that is totally not what I was expecting. This guy seems like somebody that liberals will be able to credibly jerk off to after having heard him speak and like seen him in court.
Speaker 3: Hey man, he's been trying people at the Hague. Just not the US, just not the US, just not the US.
Speaker 2: Uh shut.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Definitely means theirs are like so they look like they were designed by the people who like design the mm A like tap out shirts like karma is Jack Smith. No, I mean the puns suck too, like at least Muller there was Muller time, Like that was kind of stupid enough. And that's like mister Smith goes to Washington unisex short sleeve T shirt. Yeah, okay, can we do have any other good puns for Jack?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I don't understand the impulse. I want to meet one person who sincerely and ironically wants a Jack Smith T shirt and like plans to hold on to it and wear it. It's just like, and this happens every election cycle. This happens all the time. There's always insane merchandise for whatever the hot new political figure is. And I just want to fast forward in time, like fifteen years for someone to be caught in a sleep shirt and they're like, who the fuck is Beto o' rourke. Why do you got a clearly photoshop shirt of him shirtless, like riding a horse? Like, oh yeah, I was really excited about this perpetual Democrat loser.
Speaker 3: Always Betto and oh Rourke, Wait, what's what's four seasons total landscaping? Now that one?
Speaker 1: And yeah, no, I want to meet those people too, because I'm fucking upside down on these karma is Jack Smith's shirts. I've got crates of them here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I told you, Jack, Helvetica like maybe would have been a better font than using I think was that curls empty is the font that you're using.
Speaker 1: Curls empty, Yeah, not a great one. I have to look up that font. You haven't seenanuel. You're you're a funk guy, right.
Speaker 2: That is one of the most insulting things you've ever said to me.
Speaker 3: I thought you don't know curls yeah, this one. Oh yeah, okay, curls yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like for little kid's birthdays that like where you're doing the decorations on a dot Matrix printer.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I mean, I think it's so funny too, because like there's such a trend right now with just bad just like merch in general, not even to do with politics. Like everyone's doing the old like sort of what is cash money wreckers, like nineties Southern rap album kind of esthetic like on a T shirt or like old wrestler t shirts. Yeah, he couldn't even do a Jack Smith like that where he's like in a Rolls Royce you know what I mean, no limit style T shirt? Yeah, Jack Smith, these suck. The ones that they've released so far, this one features the slogan Somebody's gonna get jacked up, which, what the fuck?
Speaker 1: I mean I might buy just for myself like that. It's a cool slogan for me.
Speaker 3: But yeah, just.
Speaker 1: Irrespective of political kind context, that's a cool thing for me to be saying.
Speaker 3: The only way to catch a jack off is to have jack on the case. I think, Yeah, I'm that one to tea public now, Yeah, I guess that's.
Speaker 1: Good now now that I think about it, Trump's a real jack off.
Speaker 3: Thanks. The real problem with this guy real jack off? Am I right? Foot?
Speaker 2: What is I get that?
Speaker 3: Like we that I get. I get that we have to that people in their minds, these fucking like Muller or Smith or you know, Alvium Bragg or whatever, they become like these savior figures. But like to the point of making just the most low energy merch. I mean, I guess that that's the point. Is like just like how there's grifters on the right. There's like some asshole's gonna buy this stupid shirt that I just mad designed in two seconds, and I can just make money off of that enthusiasm. When oh shit, when in the end, it's like let's just fucking get off this stuff like that. These people are gonna save us. It's the problems are so much bigger than what fucking Jack Smith can do. Miles just dropped his handgun.
Speaker 1: By the way, he likes to play with his handgun while it's not loaded.
Speaker 3: Okay, I learned my lesson, all right, Well, speaking of real jack offs, let's talk about this guy, Belgian TikToker. Do we have his name? I don't. It's it's not even worth saying his name. We won't even His name is David Barton, and if you really want to fucking waste your time, he's at Ragnar Lafu and there's underscores, but I'm not going to give you that information. So anyway, I think fans of Arrested Development, yes we bring this up, they will surely remember the patriarch's penchant for teaching lessons to his children. George Bluth in the most intense and fucked up ways where he would get his friend and former employee, J. Walter Weatherman, who was an amputee had he had one arm, be the shock value focal point to get his kids to do things like leave a note or stop yelling and things like this where they would get in these terrible accidents and freak the kids out, and then Jay Walter Weatherman would be like, and that that's why you always leave a note. Well, this guy is taking a page straight out of that book when he faked his own death, and he got his wife and daughters to all promise that they would all just pretend grieve the loss of their father and family member, so you know, daddy can do a TikTok, right, And once like words spread of his death quote unquote, people gathered like in Liaisse or whatever for this fucking funeral. When the service began, this guy fucking descends in a helicopter. Yes, to surprise the morning family and friends, and most people were fucking confused because they're like, wait, what the fuck And then they're like, oh, okay, this asshole really just faked his death. Some people were like relieved and in tears, but overall, I think it was just a surreal moment that was just totally unnecessary. And this is the best part. So when he talked about why he did it, it sounds pretty much like George Bluth. He says, what I quote, what I see in my family often hurts me. I never get invited to anything. Nobody sees me. We all grew apart. I felt unappreciated. That's why I wanted to give them a life lesson and show them that you shouldn't wait until someone is dead to meet up with them. Yeah, and then he glowes on to talk about like some of the people his like family members that reached out to him. He was like, yeah, proofs who really cares about me? And those who didn't come. You know, I guess I know what's going on, but I did like and those always said. And then also those who didn't come, they did contact me to meet up. So in a way I did win.
Speaker 2: I would say, your relatives not showing up to your funeral is not a win.
Speaker 1: I would not shown up to the funeral, finding out you did a like hoax to show them up, and then texting you and being like, hey, we should hang out sometimes.
Speaker 3: Got I didn't know he was this bad man. Sure.
Speaker 2: When I started reading this story, and you know, the headline very clearly spells it out that a man faked his death to teach a lesson, I was really I went into this thinking that's misguided, that's stupid. Also, assuming that the lesson was going to be like climate change or something important, some kind of statement about something important. The fact that the lesson is and that's why you should invite me to more parties. Family, That is the saddest possible reason to take your own death.
Speaker 1: True, why you should stop not inviting me to party?
Speaker 3: Right? You like actively shunned. You're just letting everybody know why no one invites you to shit because you're the guy who does you know all this wild shit just for TikTok use. Then you'll pretend you're dead and then be like, did I guilt you?
Speaker 2: Mom?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Okay, good? Can I come to my niece's christening? Now?
Speaker 2: Is this not a crime?
Speaker 1: I don't know, Like I don't know. I think if he had fulled the filocal authorities, maybe, but yeah if he just like had them post on social that he was dead and then like invite to a fake funeral like probably not. Oh yeah, the daughter, this is what's really fucked up. Like in the post that was about his death, his daughter wrote this caption, rest in peace, Daddy. I will never stop thinking about you. Why is life so unfair? Why you you were going to be a grandfather and you still had your whole life ahead of you. I love you, we love you, we will never forget you now, I think obviously he wrote that, but like this is the level of deception you're going to just to get the people to gather and let out an exasperated sigh when it's like, Aha, yeah I didn't die, folks, I'm actually still alive.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I don't know. I think this like goes on just we've seen this like really bizarre need. Like the content creation era is just like affecting everything from like parents being like, oh you thought my top we thought my toddler really got a prison tattoo. No, I just pretended up until that point and then made you believe that. And it's this kind of like tangent right. Alexander Salmon in Slate was observing just the shit that has happening outside of the courthouse in Miami when at Trump's arraignment, and their observation was like so many people were just there to live stream or capture content, Like even the Maga people, they were all there to promote like a Twitch and Instagram, a TikTok account, whatever, so not so much that they were really pissed about what was going on with Trump, but like his arraignment was an opportunity for like their own personal like enrichment and brand building.
Speaker 1: I mean even January sixth, Like you know, I had my notes on how how they went about that thing, and they just seemed more focused on like live streaming the whole thing than any you know, strategic objectives.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I should be absolutely clear that I wooed at January sixth. I should add some context. That's it happens to be my birthday. Yeah, that is, it's now been co opted by this whole other situation. Oh man, but that's I just wanted to explain that wu very quickly.
Speaker 1: That's fine, you'll show them all though one day. Well, we'll know January sixth for the right reasons. What was that like on your birthday?
Speaker 3: When like did you start off being like being like this, some shit could go left today, or you're like I don't know and you just focus on my birthday, or because you were there right?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: My main thing was like I can't believe they let us just walk right in here, put my feet on everyone's desk. The day. It sounds like a lot of people I was like completely glued to my TV and absent mindedly fielding birthday texts from friends and family. The funny thing about January sixth now is every year on my birthday I get calls from relatives that start out with happy birthday and then inevitably turn into like, I still remember where I was a couple of years ago. I just I thought the country was falling apart. I couldn't believe it. What were we gonna do? I was like, yeah, okay, thanks Aunt Kathy, Yeah, great, dare for you.
Speaker 3: Wait, but do you remember where you were when I was born on January sixth? No, no, not at all, But my god, what a bleak day.
Speaker 2: Yeah. My birth is the second most important January sixth in my family now, which is a huge, huge hit. But speaking of people turning everything into content, this reveals how old I am. And because I have old man concerns now. And I've talked about this before on my own podcast, Quick Quick Question with Soren and Daniel, one of my biggest fears and sources of anxiety that I live with every day is I don't want to be some kind of collateral damage in some young Tiktoker's prank. It's like a real concern. Anytime I'm in a target, We're just out in the wild and I see a youth with a phone. I'm like, he's gonna fucking kick me in the balls, and if I get mad, he's gonna say it's a prank, and then I'm gonna get madder, and then that's gonna be the thing that gets views too. It's like it's just one of those things that's hanging over my head, Like I know, any minute now, I'm gonna be on some sixteen year olds prank show and I'm gonna be made to look very foolish by some team millionaire.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think I don't think I've talked about this, but I I think I was collateral damage and uh like plank thing. I was in a target and these teens kept turning like putting on the bluetooth speakers like they were somehow hijacking like the speaker, like all all the speakers in the audio visual like section of the department of the target to like play like really filthy like rap songs, and like I was with my kids, so you like my instinct was to like literally like shake my fist at them. And cover my kid's ears, just be the exact person they So I haven't gone and searched for it because I don't know how I would do that. But uh yeah, if anybody sees a prank video of me, you meant to do that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, exactly what's the worst like prank, like Daniel that you are envisioning? Like, because I know the fact that you've thought about it this far, I know that there's probably levels of the kinds of pranks you want to be in, but there's probably one that you saw on TikTok, and like, that's the fucking kind I absolutely never want to fucking be in.
Speaker 2: There's the kind where they'll be in a mall and they will steal someone's purse or their bag and run away, and then if you catch them, they say it's just a prank. Roach is a prank, and they point to all the cameras around right right. Sometimes it's it feels good because the pranker will get like kicked in the face by some person who's helping out, But very often the person who gets mad because their purse was stolen is made to look like some some dork skull loser. Yeah, yeah, yeah, and I fear that. I fear, like every time I'm out walking with my girlfriend that someone's gonna take her purse or do something to mess with her, and I will, in a misguided attempt to defend her, humiliate both of us in the process, right.
Speaker 3: Or like you're like, no, Daniel, don't fall for it, and you let him take off.
Speaker 2: Rightw What the fuck he's just stolen purse.
Speaker 3: It could be a fucking prank. I'm not getting us involved in that ship. That's just so yeah, this time Twitter say that phrase so much. All right, let's take another break and we'll come back and talk about the eagerly anticipated Netflix restaurant. And we're back, and you know, with it, with these writers going on strike, Netflix gotta make some money somehow, won't Won't people please think of of the Netflix executives of the world.
Speaker 1: So they're finally doing what everyone's been asking them for paying their writers affair. No, actually, wait, they're they're opening a restaurant called Netflix.
Speaker 3: Bites isn't going to fire bomb this place, brick and mortar restaurant in Los Angeles. Presumably you will need to use a password to enter that you can't remember and you're not allowed to tell your family members without getting in trouble. But it will feature food from Netflix shows and not like sloppy steaks or like that's the only thing I'd go for.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if it was likega, like brother, they got sloppy steaks. They're they're doing it all with like unscripted food shows like Chef's Table, Iron Chef quest Ah, sorry, Iron Chef quest for an Iron Legend. Oh yes, you may know that. I may notice I am not familiar with any of these. They're also having food from Nailed It, which is a fun show where people are bad at cooking. Is kind of the point of.
Speaker 3: That one, so you can eat like a malformed Elmo cake? Yeah, okay, okay, this this looks like this looks like maybe one of their worst ideas ever. Yeah, but I'd love to see that. In the midst of it all, they're like, I don't know, man, We're gonna have shitty cakes that you can't even describe and old like Dale old barbecue.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, yeah, I kind of understand. I don't even think I understand the impulse of you've seen this food on Iron Chef, have you ever wanted to eat it? At a restaurant and I don't. I don't watch a lot of cooking shows, but I've never the point is watching them do it and and and getting caught up in like the excitement of the competition of it. It's not like it doesn't make me hungry. I like it for the reality TV.
Speaker 3: Aspects of it. I think, right, it's and like unless you're like being like, hey, the whole thing is a show that you're in there and you see it all, it's like then you're just going to a restaurant and someone brings you food and like, and that's from Iron Chef, right, And yeah.
Speaker 2: That's the other part of it, because it's from what I gather. These these shows make all kinds of food all the time, and I'm never when I go out to eat, it's like I think I want sushi tonight, or let's do American or let's do Mexican. It's never like, let's do whatever the Netflix algorithm has programmed into their menu.
Speaker 3: This was shit.
Speaker 1: This dish was created by somebody who was just eliminated in the kitchen. Actually, so yeah, I think what is the most iconic thing from film or TV to eat in general? Like that you felt because I remember it. Like there's that YouTube channel like Binging with Babbish where like that guy just like makes stuff from like film and TV like, but the real life version, I feel like all Italian restaurants are kind of based on like Goodfellas and like Suppran, you know, like some of the Italian food, Like there's something where that those like kind of tie back into each other.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but yeah, there's in the first Home Alone, when well Kevin is waiting for all this traps are set and he's just waiting for the Wet Bandits to to show up. He makes himself macaroni and cheese in the microwave and sits down and he's about to eat it, and then the criminals show up, so he never gets to have one bite. It's the best looking macaroni and cheese I've ever seen in my fucking life, and I want it every time. If there was a restaurant Netflix, if you sold that macaroni and cheese from Home Alone strikes Over, you get whatever you want.
Speaker 3: If you gave me that dessert spread in Jurassic Park, you kids are eating and she's got that jello and his hands all burnt up. Oh man, that dessert spread. I'm ast, like, what the fuck do I gotta do to get in there right now? Yeah? Those are That's where I'm at. What about you, Jack, I don't know, man, Yeah the.
Speaker 1: Thought I thought I already answered this with the Italian restaurant. I'm okay, that's your answer, meat balls. You can also see like the marketing meeting like that came up with us, where they're like Netflix is like a food brand. People watch Chef's Table on Eric because Chef's Table is basically like food porn at this point, like it or at any point like it. It is just watching chefs make delicious looking food.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So it's just I don't know.
Speaker 1: I can completely see the marketing meeting where they came up with this pitch, and I it's a very depressing feeling to be able to see that.
Speaker 3: I think there's also like there's a very cynical edge to it, because we talk about how with the writers strike, they're all they're going to go all in on unscripted, like that's just what the plan is, so like to do something that elevates and brings more attention to their non scripted products. I think it's also a thing to be like, yeah, and this is what's cool man. Yeah, that's all reality based, not that shit that's written by creative people. What if you got to see this shitty cake.
Speaker 2: It's also a really interesting move for Netflix to do right now, where they're basically just saying, hey, writers, are you sick of protesting in the same studios. Well, here's a new location you could protest that. Here's a brand new spot.
Speaker 3: Yeah you can be Yeah, you're scabbing by going in in their asshole. All right.
Speaker 1: And finally, this next story is not really a story. It's just a thing like what I wanted to ask you guys, what your plans were for this, like whether you were going it sounds like Daniel, you're gonna be involved, but there's gonna be a comedy fantasy camp with Jay Leno and Adam Carolla. The ad for it looks like it's it was designed in nineteen ninety eight. Adam Carolla, I'm not sure how to describe what he's doing in this picture. He looks like he just caught somebody, Like he's scolding. I think he's scolding.
Speaker 3: You for being woke. Yeah, that's probably true, because he's doing like a finger wag.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's asking you triggered much, That's what.
Speaker 3: He's He's like, you've got pronouns. It's like, what the fuck? Yeah? Sorry? Oh wow. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So comedy fans, aspiring stand up comedians and television writers take note. Adam Carolla and Jay Leno have partnered with the producers of Rock and Roll Fantasy Camps to launched the first ever comedy Fantasy Camp, a four day event which offers participants the opportunity to work with some of the most successful talent in the comedy industry.
Speaker 3: I mean they're headlining it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I like that. One of the guest speakers is a writer from the show Friends, and like, no disrespect to any sitcom writer in the nineties, but teaching a class today, well, the secrets of success is you know, right, friends, write a show back in the time when writers were getting paid ninety million dollars to make.
Speaker 3: That easy, folks, it's that easy. Just get on a good gifts, getting a good writer, zoom to a couple of seasons, and then you can own a house. You can.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what's my what's my path to success? I wrote one episode of Spin City nineteen years ago and now I'm a millionaire.
Speaker 3: Yeah have you? Who is Alonzo Bowden? That's another Alonzo Boden is like he's one of the panelists on that show.
Speaker 1: Wait, wait, don't tell me. And he's a stand up comedian. Okay, okay, that's fine.
Speaker 3: Okay. Well, at the camp you're gonna receive the following. You will get to do it. You'll develop your own stand up routines and perform them on a real comedy stage.
Speaker 1: That was.
Speaker 3: Depressing.
Speaker 1: Also, it's happening in Hollywood, which like that's where our studio is, and it is just always full of tourists looking like bewildered by the fact that Hollywood is like just the worst part of Los Angeles. Like it's just everything is caked in dirt.
Speaker 3: It's a mess.
Speaker 2: Reading that part about how over this this week long or four day process whatever, you're going to develop your own standard routine. That is the loudest like grift signal I've ever heard in our entire life. It's so clearly like no one if the if the comics were trying to teach you how to be a stand up in good faith, they would first and foremost say you you starting out cannot write a competent stand up routine in four days. It's an assignment for class. That's not where it comes from.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's well, but there's like, I feel like there's gonna be some good, you know, gritty talent coming through this camp because it only costs three thousand up to four thousand dollars if you pick the VIP mentorship package. The VIP, Yeah, this is going to be a bunch of very wealthy people getting together to right stand Like I kind of almost feel like we need to send somebody to this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I feel Jack, I think we I I can't do it. I don't think my mental health is like stronger to this. I think I would do it and just do some really wild shit up there, like get naked and just see it, like just fuck with everybody there and just see what the fuck happens. But like, but to your point, like Daniel, like it really is doing the thing where they're waiving this like it's a grift, because the whole thing is basically you're gonna get a video of yourself on stage at the MPT by the end of it, and I think a lot of people are gonna be like I need that for my fucking reel just to be up there saying my weird shitty jokes, learning how to write, you know, alienating comedy. It's all going to be wonderful.
Speaker 2: And it's based on the popular, long running like rock and roll fantasy camp where you do the similar thing where you go and you learn from like other famous musicians, and you maybe play somewhere on stage at the end of it. And if any of your listeners are thinking of going to comedy fantasy camp and spending the three thousand dollars to do it, just before you do that to become a successful comedian, ask yourself if any rock star you know said that they got their start in the rock fantasy camp. If there is one successful story from there, then sure, go for it. But I'm pretty sure the answers no, man, oh Jack.
Speaker 1: That's where Freddie Mercury came out of it. We just know that part out of part of Bohemian Rhapsody.
Speaker 3: Do we just go to the like the performance, like to grad suation show, because I think that's really what you want to see, is the culmination of this three thousand to five thousand dollars grift to hear them just tell a bunch of like Rinston reused shit jokes.
Speaker 1: There's a before and after I just went to my son's last day of kindergarten and on the wall they had first day of kindergarten pictures and last day of kindergarten pictures and it was a really cute.
Speaker 3: Great idea.
Speaker 1: He looked hella grizzled compared to you to how he did at the beginning of the year. But like, I feel like in the four days of this comedy fantasy camp, like if we did like before and after pictures, like they would just like so just the light will have left their eyes, like on the way out and yeah, just be like but yeah, exit interviews would be fucking amazing.
Speaker 3: There's something called the groupie package. Oh no, no, and that just that's an add on, which basically means you can bring your spouse or significant other access to all the meet and greets and headliner jams and get take a picture with Jay Leno and Adam, get much a joy for them, but you cannot go to any of the comedy workshops. Those are those are lockdown just for the paying dufass.
Speaker 1: Highly proprietary private information that not everybody has access to.
Speaker 3: That you're gonna learn here. There's a podcasting workshop, a voice acting workshop, improv workshop. Oh my god. Oh man.
Speaker 1: I mean sure, I don't begrudge anyone forgetting the paycheck, except for like fucking Adam Crowl and Jay Leno. But you know, I'm just picturing the like UCB, you know, talent, like talented improvisers who are like collecting a paycheck for doing this and.
Speaker 3: Yeah, great, good for you. Awesome.
Speaker 1: I also I love the like writers that they have. They have like this guy from Friends, Liz Astro from King of Queens, Kevin Hench, just Tim Allen. Yeah is that a show or he's just he's just generally a Tim Allen guy. Good for him, just hanging with Tim Man with's this big thing. Yeah, the paychecks must be fucking huge if they have like a friends, right, If it's worth it for a friends writer to do this, I mean.
Speaker 3: I mean it makes sense right because the first the first thing was just grifting on people who had this like repressed wanna be rock star shit from the seventies and eighties. They could never get out, so they're like, man, I can like Hammy say Sammy, Hammy Segar who is an off brand impersonator, but like Sammy Hagar, like I'll jam with him with my like terrible guitar playing. And I think with this one, now we're in the era of like wanna be comedians and hot take artists that this is almost seems like the perfect grift for this era of lonely.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is irresponsible. Like I'm sure the rock star people get up there and immediately like realize like, oh yeah, this this kind of sounds like shit, you know, like when they're up there or along with like really talented musicians.
Speaker 3: But this is just going to.
Speaker 1: Create like middle aged millionaires who think they're actually could be stand ups. Yeah, if they had chosen that path.
Speaker 2: Are you guys worried at all that this is going to steal some clientele away from your upcoming podcasting fantasy camp? Are you?
Speaker 3: Is that anounce? Well, I'm glad you bring that up, because yeah, we are having our Zeitgang fantasy camp. No, I mean I am a little worried. I'm not. I will show my hand here. I am a little worried that it's going to eat into our podcast. Is the Sour Grapes? No, it's not. It's absolutely not. I just can't. But again, you know, kudos to the people who found that like market and are like, this is where we're getting. You can for five hundred dollars, you can have a photographer like like follow you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's Disney World in photo. It's like, just yeah, that's why we no relation to any other market in the world. Five I get pictures.
Speaker 2: I don't feel too terrible about it because it's such a loud drift and it's I don't want to completely call it a victimless crime, but if it's someone who's going to spend four thousand dollars for Jay Leno and Adam Corrolla's comedy, yeah, it's like, yeah, you're I'm okay if you lose that four thousand dollars. You seem okay to lose that four thousand dollars. Yeah, you have that with you know, no one is like having a fundraiser in their small town so they can get sent from Dixon, Illinois by their friends and family to Hollywood to learn to make.
Speaker 3: It okay, But what's the percentage? That's why, like, God, I don't want to go, but I would love to infiltrate and just talk to other people, and like, how many are like retired people, like retired men who are just VISs men. Yeah, they always told me I was funny, man, I've always been saying stuff and I hate woke stuff, and I just want to learn from the best. And how many really are kind of misguided? What would the two of you as people who have you know, launched careers in common, helped others do so and are successful? What actual what would you tell somebody if they said, I think this is the way for me, man, right, I mean right?
Speaker 1: Or if they I would tell them honestly, like I would be like, yeah, it sounds like it, it sounds good.
Speaker 3: That's fucking leno. Are you kidding me?
Speaker 1: I can't believe they're practically giving that shit away. That's great, Yeah, yeah, amazing.
Speaker 3: Just be like everybody else, you know, start from the bottom, you know, or the five grand to be truly.
Speaker 1: If you want to start from this would be the lowest bottom that you could start from. Like if there is somebody who comes out of this camp to be a successful comedian, like truly, nobody else will ever be able to say that they started from the bottom compared to that person.
Speaker 2: That's right, I think I would tell that person this seems like a great networking opportunity. You could take one picture with Jay Leno and then meet a bunch of other people who also aren't successful in this industry. People like that. This would be a great opportunity to meet un fun, inexperienced people.
Speaker 3: Get a crew, you get and get your crew. Who are your guys?
Speaker 1: You know that's the question. That's the first question you're gonna have to answer when Mark Maren inevitably interviews you. Who are your guys? And this is a good chance to meet your guys?
Speaker 3: Hell?
Speaker 2: Yeah, my Matt Rushmore has got to be Corolla Leno, the guy who wrote Tim Allen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then we're waiting for that fourth face and it could be you. Oh my god, Daniel O'Brien, Such a pleasure having you as always. Where can people find you? Follow you all the good stuff?
Speaker 2: You can find me on Twitter at dal b Underscore I NC. The show I worked for is last week tonight, but you can't watch it right now, So go and yell at the sas Man and all the other studios if you want that show back. I would get in trouble if I didn't promote the podcast that I do Quick Question with Soren and Daniel Soren. If you know me from Cracked, you know Soren from Cracked. We've been doing this podcast for a while while it's uh sucks, but you should listen to it anyway, and we uh, I guess I can announce this here. We're making a dramatic return. We're pivoting to video. Sore and I we've we've started filming the podcast, the two of us in a room together, laughing and having fun with each other, and that'll be out on YouTube sometime in the future.
Speaker 3: Amazing. I got started doing that. I was saying that to you. I was saying that too.
Speaker 2: The fuck off my shit.
Speaker 3: Well, no, to be fair, I was just.
Speaker 1: Telling a person about the podcast and they were mystified by podcasts podcasting as a concept, and we're like, you're not on YouTube, Like that's the I've seen podcasts on YouTube or.
Speaker 3: Right, They're like they're talk shows on YouTube, right, Like, I guess that is how most people ingest them now. But to be fair, Daniel, I I actually got the idea because that is one of the slugs of the things you'll learn at the Fantasy Comedy Camp. Right about getting into comedy and digital media. With the rise of platforms like tiktoking YouTube, comedy is taking a new so I was thinking, like, oh shit, we should take it off from that. But yeah, I guess, I guess I saw that idea from you, Jo.
Speaker 1: Yeah, amazing. Is there a work of media that you've been enjoying, Dangle.
Speaker 2: There's three real quick ones. I saw Spider Verse for the second time in theater yesterday and that movie rules so much. I'm obsessed with it. Friend of the Pod Jamie Lofts's book Raw Dog incredible. I finished that a few days ago and I just love that book. And everyone who listens to this show knows how funny she is. So get that book if you didn't already New York Times bestseller.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 2: My favorite tweet and it lives within a family of tweets is I don't know if you guys talked about this on your basketball show or not. Did you see Joker getting interviewed at a press conference and they asked him if he is excited about the parade coming up. That's my favorite thing that the interviewers are like, you were saying that you were surprised that you didn't feel much of anything, but you feel more now? And are you excited about this parade? And Joker looks off camera and says when he is paid? When he's paid, I say say Thursday, and he goes no, and like his face drops, I have to go home.
Speaker 1: Oh no, Yeah, I was hoping. The only thing I said is that I was hoping he would ride down the middle of like in the parade on one of his little horse drunk care horses. Yeah, which are I I realized that I was assuming they were little horses, but it's they are normal sized horses.
Speaker 3: He's just giant. Yeah.
Speaker 2: He is someone that that I obviously don't get a ton of Denver games in Jersey, so I didn't get to watch him play too much. Reading about him all year long, I was very upset that he might get his third m v P and I didn't want that. There was just something in me that didn't want that to happen. And once he didn't get it, I was rooting for him. Now.
Speaker 3: I like him.
Speaker 2: I like this big, goofy guy who seems to hate basketball.
Speaker 3: Relationship. I think it's like he's just financing his love of horses throughout basketball, because, like I feel like that. Groan was like, I gotta go back to Serbia to my horses.
Speaker 1: Man, the most big, grudging energy that any superstar has ever had. Yeah, I was like on our basketball podcast, was like workshopping this idea of like, you know, Jimmy Butler, Damian Lillard, they like have this like personality that it feels like you like need to be a superstar, like just this you know, I don't know, I don't know what it is. And then like he just he like doesn't want to be there at all the whole time, and somehow it just works out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, It's really like who is back in Serbia holding a gun to your horse's head? Who's making you do this?
Speaker 3: Right? Right? Yea? The best?
Speaker 1: All right, Miles, where can people find you? What's working?
Speaker 3: Maybe you've been enjoying at Miles of Gray, where you got the ad symbols. If you want to hear that basketball talk, checkout Miles and Jack got mad boosties. And also if you want to hear me talk about ninety day fiance, check out for twenty day Fiance with Sophia Alexandra and I tweet I like this from at Jill Twist, who tweeted Netflix is opening a restaurant. Peacock does cut some embroidery. You can get a root canal at the Paramount Lot. CBS raises Train Raises and Trains show Cockapoo's. Apple TV makes artisanals an x that you can have monogrammed. HBO is now a horse Amazing.
Speaker 1: You can find me on Twitter at Jack Underscore. O'Brien, I don't know, I don't I don't think I have anything.
Speaker 3: I've been enjoying it.
Speaker 1: So lives, past lives I enjoyed.
Speaker 3: I think I talked about it. Oh yeah, that's a good movie. Go check that out.
Speaker 1: And I'm going to see Spider Man with my kids this weekend for the.
Speaker 3: First time, for the first time.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's so funny by that, I mean Spider Man on Hollywood Boulevard.
Speaker 3: W What were you guys talking about?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Wait wait, Daniel, who's your what was your favorite plake? What? What was your favorite thing? Well, who's your favorite spider person from the I.
Speaker 2: Mean I'm gonna join almost everyone and say Spider Punk.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Daniel, Mollia fild Uh.
Speaker 1: You can find me on Twitter at Jack Underscore. Obrian you can find us on Twitter at Daily Zeikeeist. We're at the Daily Zeicheist on Instagram, we have Facebook fan page and a website, Daily zeikeist dot com where we post our episode on our foot notes where we link off to the information that we talked about in today's episode, as well as a song.
Speaker 3: That we think you might enjoy. Myles, what song do we think people might enjoy this? Oh, you're gonna really like this track? This is from this artist Tanta Leone, and this is from this is Again. I was like listening to an album and the first track I heard on the album was so good. It's called the Love Intro and it's kind of given like a little bit of kid Cuddy vibes on this one. So check this one out. This is t A N N A and then Leon L E O N E and it's called the Love Intro. All right, Well, The Daily zeike Geist is the production of by Heart Radio.
Speaker 1: For more podcast from my Heart Radio, visit the iHeartRadio at Apple podcast or wherever you listen to your favorite shows. That's gonna do it for us this morning, back this afternoon to tell you what's trending, and we'll touch y'all.
Speaker 3: Then bye bye,